Speaker 1: Hi, I'm Kristin Davis, and I want to know are you a Charlotte? Welcome back, everybody to Are You a Charlotte? Part two? This is Mark Decklin. Everybody, He's great. Let's go over our details. Now we're doing Anchors Away, which was a very big episode. It was it's episode the beginning of the fifth season. It's directed by Charles McDougall, one of my all time favorite directors, written by Michael Patrick. And this is when we had Daniel sin Chada, who I'd forgotten about, but he is so great and I think you this was like the beginning of his career.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, we were both just like young New York actors who were just like we were excited. We're like, yay, we get to be guest stars on this hit show.
Speaker 1: Nice yeah, nice? Nice. So we okay, do you watch the episode? Can you talk to me about Carrie?
Speaker 2: Oh Carrie?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yea yeah, what do you mean can I talk to you about it?
Speaker 1: I'm just wondering as a straight guy, I love to have straight guys on the recap because I want to know your thoughts and feelings about like, for instance, Charlotte has this whole great love theory, right, that comes out in the coffee shop. It's you know, classic classic are show's writing like the you know, the big ideas come out and then Carrie eventually is going to go home and you know, write about them and wonder in her way that she does. But I'd love to hear men's point of view about the whole thing.
Speaker 2: So you're asking my point of view about is there one great love? No, I think, I mean, I think I suspect there are limited great loves me too in our life. Yes, I don't think the possibilities are infinite.
Speaker 1: Me me as well. Yes, agree totally.
Speaker 2: When you find that great love, you should cherish.
Speaker 1: It, but definitely, But I don't can't one, right, I do think there's sometimes people might find a great love and then not be able to like fully be.
Speaker 2: There because we're human. Yeah, so yeah, I mean, you know I can look back I you know, I mean, ultimately I got married and had kids and I'm very happy and it's wonderful. But you know, I have girlfriends I can look back on and say she could have been like that could have gone somewhere, but you know, I wasn't ready, or maybe she wasn't ready. More often than not, it was probably me.
Speaker 1: I mean, look, I have the same absolutely, but I also feel like there were times when everyone thought like, oh that person no, no, no, could have been that that was like the person you should have tried to be with. No, you know what I'm saying, Like it also could be no.
Speaker 2: Oh, there are more nos than yesterday. Totally auditioning, right, there's way more nose than yes.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, definitely, you know.
Speaker 2: I look back and I'm not going to go into stories, but like, there were women I dated where I was like on paper.
Speaker 1: She was perfect, there was nothing wrong with her.
Speaker 2: On like if I got the idea of dating. Now, listen, I've been married for twenty years, so the idea of dating is horrific to me.
Speaker 1: I know, I'm single, and the idea of dating is also you.
Speaker 2: Know, but I get the notion of like this electronic dating, which I've never done, but the idea of like swiping and get seeing in advance. Oh we have this and this is cool.
Speaker 1: I don't get it. It's not accurate, but.
Speaker 2: On right, well, a lot of people lie. But also someone can be perfect on paper, but it doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: Absolutely absolutely, I mean, it is a crazy time, right, But what I love and this is the thing when I rewatch our show from this perspective of now, when you're talking about dating and relationships, like there is just endless It is endlessly fascinating. Like I mean, I love our show, and there's so many things I love about our show. The friendship's absolutely the voiceover, the you know who, the shoes, but the shoes, no, see the shoes.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: I have to disagree because this is what happened in my mind. The fashion was always next level and that was on purpose, right, Like Pat was brought in by Sara Jessica because Sir Jessica didn't want it to be like regular TV fashion, which was not really fashion, right, And they did elevate to a really intense level. But what I remember happening probably somewhat around this time that we're watching, right, fifth season six season the end, it became louder in a way than the writing. Yeah, and I thought that was wrong, right, Like you wouldn't care if we were just like walking across the screen saying uninteresting words. You wouldn't care about the shoes. We weren't there to sell shoes.
Speaker 2: But that is human nature, right, Things get molified.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess.
Speaker 2: So one of the things people liked was, oh, look at the fashion. I would say, I hate to stereotype, but I would say women and gay men more than straight men. But there was but we all recognized that it was like a high fashion show, and I think there were people who did latch onto that, and.
Speaker 1: There were definitely oh it's not a debate, absolutely, what are you going to do? Absolutely? I think the thing that was hard for me was that there was a moment in time where it seemed like that was our purpose kind of right, and that was never our purpose. My god, Like we could have just done a photo shoot or something. I don't know, you do, known't what I'm saying. It just seemed like like, you know, kind of a misrepresentation of what we were about, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but aren't we always subject to that?
Speaker 1: I guess so in capitalism, yeah, you know, right, Like we live in capitalism, that's for sure. So it did like take on a really weird kind of other life. Yeah, yeah, kind of around this time for sure. It seemed like we were there for product placement. No, we were just wearing all the things that seemed like what Carrie would be wearing, and Charlotte everybody else obviously like no one Manolo never paid us. You don't what I'm trying to say, Jimmy Choe never paid us, but it seemed like they had, Like it got so loud, but then it seemed just weird. I remember just feeling like woul everyone stopped talking about the damn shoes, you know what I mean? Yeah, Like, would you care about the shoes if we weren't saying something interesting? I don't think so, you know it's you know, just the.
Speaker 2: Other day, yeah, because I remember there was a shot I think in this episode, and we had the shot a lot of like, you know, somebody's beautiful lubatons or whatever in a puddle.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Right, And someone was just telling me the other day, you know why high heels were invented?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: Because of puddles? Because of sewage in the streets. Wow, So the rich people sort of element.
Speaker 1: That is funny. I did not know that. That makes sense.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 1: See that kind of brings it all back in a historical setting. I like that very much. Okay, let's talk about Gary because this what's interesting to me is that this is one of those episodes where Big and Aiden are not there, right, and for.
Speaker 2: Me we talked about there but.
Speaker 1: Definitely but meaning they're not they're not like she's not with either of them. That's my point. And I think it's interesting to watch how many times because now that I'm rewatching, I didn't really remember this so much, right, Like, how many times she's single again? And they have to go back there and make it like interesting and connected in the way that women's lives, like like we're going through different things, we're going through different things, and then we're single again, and what do we do with that? Right? And I love when they do that. It's interesting because how has she grown? How is she not grown? Because obviously Carrie's not a perfect character. Thank God. I know there are people out there who hate her. My Instagram shows me every day, but I love her very much.
Speaker 2: Oh I hate an envy.
Speaker 1: It's hate an envy. Do feed the algorithm in?
Speaker 2: Absolutely? Yes? Oh it's disgusting. Yes. As the dad of a daughter, I'm like, I hate it.
Speaker 1: It's hard to navigate for the children, for sure, but luckily most of our listeners are not children, so we're not going to worry about that. Exactly, But I mean it is really interesting the negative. And I think that's important to remember is that there's positive out there, but the algorithm isn't grabbing onto it.
Speaker 2: That's not clickbait.
Speaker 1: No, it's not clickbait, right, But we can create our own positive, right, like we live dystopia, absolutely absolutely, and that's what we're doing here. We we don't. We don't dig into the negative here. And are you a Charlotte because why why?
Speaker 2: Because there's enough of it. There's enough of that, you know, And it's not that we're Pollyanna, right, it's not. You're not. You're not naive. No, you know, the world can be shy.
Speaker 1: I do, but like why.
Speaker 2: Wallow in that?
Speaker 1: No? I don't want to wallow in it, and I'm not interested in that part I I I. Well, yeah, so anyway, we're back to our show. Our show is interestingly, you know, it's like she carries out in the rain and she gets trapped with this guy, and I know she rambles about how if they were in a movie, they would fall in love and get married. So true, right, so true? And I think this is also what I think is interesting, is the show goes on. I can see Michael writing into it criticisms of our show, right, So like there were people at this point going like, well, that's not the real New York, right, Like you guys are you know, like sanitized, glamorized rendition. So he's kind of talking about that in a way. Carrie's talking about that because Carrie's a writer and she's always thinking about things. It makes perfect sense. She's going awareness exactly and like layers like it's very meta, you know what I mean. And so we're in he shows and she's saying, if this were a movie, which people are claiming we're what we're like right, that we're fake, right ish whatever, glamorized.
Speaker 2: She could say, if this and the scene we would fall in love.
Speaker 1: Well that would be weird. But he comes as close as he can without breaking the fourth wall because at that point, you know, Michael had been one of the ones who really wanted to stop talking to the camera, which he has talked about, yeah, because because it breaks the fourth wall in a way that then distracts you from the actual stories. You know that he wanted you to be in the stories with us, right, And I think he's absolutely right and succeeded. So this is like, walks close to breaking that wall but doesn't. But I think it's just so great, right and then and then the guy of course is like, you're crazy, right, But it's also raining, but she's still her glamourself, you know what I mean. She's running through the rain and doing all of her cute carry things, but it is raining. Like I love that, you know. I love how it looks.
Speaker 2: I love the it's a little dirty, which.
Speaker 1: Is totally New York, especially back then.
Speaker 2: Well, I always looked like like the first snowfall and Manhattan is the most magical thing and it's it's magic.
Speaker 1: It is, and by the next day it's horrible great exactly, yeah, yep, yep, yeah, so true, so true. And also it was probably really cold, though maybe it was hot, as you say, I don't know.
Speaker 2: No, I think I was just sweat.
Speaker 1: You were. You were in a situation which is very cool to think about, I mean, not cool to.
Speaker 2: Be in col I mean it's funny in retrospect, it's funny, but it was not funny.
Speaker 1: Okay. So then she's waiting for a taxi. I also love like the taxi. I feel like the taxi life gets like more so as time goes on, and then at the beginning of the sixth season, she's trying to get a cap, she can't get a cap, she gets a capt she gets stuck in traffic, and then she gets out and gets on the subway. I love all that, like putting the the New York in like you know what I mean, and also because we are so kind of beautifully dressed that but that is the way you can be beautifully dressed in New York. Things can still not go your way, absolutely, and you gotta you gotta change.
Speaker 2: To New Yorker. Is that you can deal with it.
Speaker 1: Yes, you're gonna figure out.
Speaker 2: And you wobble and then you course correct.
Speaker 1: Exactly exactly, which I love.
Speaker 2: I love.
Speaker 1: I feel like I also think because the show is a success now, it's interesting as opposed to say, first season, second season right where we're just kind of like on our own, we don't really even know if people are going to watch. But now we've got the success. We've got the budget is bigger, we've got the costumes, people are lending us.
Speaker 2: Close, we got a rhythm, The show has a vibe.
Speaker 1: Oh definitely riff on most definitely, most definitely. But I love to see the development of its interesting and you can feel it to me, and I guess it's also relating to nine to eleven, right, and that the city and the world that we're living in is so different now. But when we come back, there's a depth. There's an interesting, for sure, twist on things.
Speaker 2: Which is why I love to your point about her being now single, and I love that at the end, I don't know if i'd call it a twist, but you know when she doesn't go home with Daniel Sinjada instead, like the city is.
Speaker 1: Her No, No, that's really interesting.
Speaker 2: It's beautiful, and it's especially beautiful in the context of nine to eleven.
Speaker 1: Yes, and that would have never happened. I mean, we went home with everybody in this season one. It's like there is growth, you know what I mean. It's really interesting and it.
Speaker 2: Was a beautiful guy.
Speaker 1: Oh oh my god.
Speaker 2: Why wouldn't she want to get him into bed? But it was a great choice to say.
Speaker 1: I love the city absolutely, I love it so much. And he's so good, Like he's beautiful and so good, Like it's super interesting. All right, now we come to missus, little Charlotte. I want to say one of the things that distracts me in this whole episode is that I had done this photo shoot and they had had decided to cut banks. I don't think I wanted bangs. I don't think anyone really. It was back when I used to kind of be easily pushed around or whatever.
Speaker 2: I know, you're such a victim in this episode.
Speaker 1: I know, I know, in a couple of different ways. And I'm trying to grow them out, and it took forever and we're working right, and it was hard. So like my bangs are like shellaced to my head for most of this episode just to try to get them to behave in the humidity. I have got like so much hairspray on my head that I can barely move and I am very distracted by it. But that's okay.
Speaker 2: So because you know, kind of like my layers of fake makeup.
Speaker 1: Holy absolutely they made it work and look great. It's so true. So this begins with us at the coffee shop and Samantha really really wants to say pussy so badly and keeps saying it, and I'm very displeased because the baby Brady is there. This is a big change. We've got a baby in the family in the group and he's around and it's kind of fascinating. And I didn't have children obviously then, but like then I'm walking down the street with Anthony in like a horrible hat. I don't know why I wore this hat. In my head, there's so many things about this episode that I'm like, what is happening? What is happening? And Anthony's there looking so young, He's adorable and young Mario very young. And it's Fleet week. This is the Fleet Week is like infiltrating all the scenes, which is adorable and very much how it is New York, right.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, it's a very and I don't know if non New Yorkers get it.
Speaker 1: That's why it was so much fun that the whole episode, because it is real thing. Their sailors everywhere in their outfits.
Speaker 2: And let's add to the mix. After nine to eleven, no matter what side of the political eyle you were on, we were all feeling a little bit patriotic. Oh yeah, we're all feeling like, yes, those are our boys.
Speaker 1: Absolutely in harm's way.
Speaker 2: We were attacked.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yeah, yes, yes, that's what It's so beautiful.
Speaker 2: So that's also in there of like, I don't know, this weird sense of like we you know, like as women, you're like, we have to support our you know.
Speaker 1: Definitely that's why Charlotte exactly, Yes, totally, and I believe that's what everyone kept telling me at the time when I was nervous to your patriotic duty exactly, which I tried to do. So Anthony's telling me that Charlotte that she hasn't had sex in a while and she's got to get back out there or it's going to grow over, and I'm like, oh my god, it's very classic mar I could get away with that. I know, Mario can pretty much get away with anything.
Speaker 2: Pretty much anything.
Speaker 1: Then we go to the party because Carrie and Samanth the kind of you know, are pushing me or whatever, and then I say that I'm going to have sex that night to put Tray behind me, which I guess we theoretically do. You know, it's not addressed, it's not right, which is weird for us.
Speaker 2: You know. I thought it was sweet, like, yeah, there was this sense of my character recognized that you were stepping out and trying something, and he was like, okay, I'll follow your lead, Like I mean he starts off obviously, he starts off like he starts off very very male and very like, you know, I want something, Yes, But I think there is a slight evolution in the scene where he's like, Okay, I'm I'm going to be a gentleman here. I'm going to let her take the lead.
Speaker 1: That's so nice.
Speaker 2: So I don't know, it's it's it's not answered whether we actually go home.
Speaker 1: I didn't think so either, which is kind of.
Speaker 2: Just make out a little bit, and which is really nice.
Speaker 1: It's really nice. There is like an innocence to the whole thing there.
Speaker 2: Really is, right even I mean truly even the whole Like when you say, oh, I can't do that, and I say, just show me one. It's it's in order that it's it's playful and.
Speaker 1: Right right right, thank god, thank god, thank god. I like it. I like it all right. Samanda is going through it in this episode because she's Samantha's I know. But it's interesting because we have I cannot remember another time where she has been upset by a breakup like this, you know, And I mean, obviously the Richard relationship was a whole different relationship with her, but like seeing her like upset, and you know, she's talking about the things that she would normally be talking about it but with this undercurrent of upset, which is rare. She's flyers, I know, and I'd totally forgotten that. I was like, wait what she hands out these bright pink flyers that say liar and cheat her with Richard's picture in his neighborhood. And then the incredible Chandra Wilson shows up, which I'd also totally.
Speaker 2: Forgotten, right, I know, isn't that like it's crazy, so crazy because she took.
Speaker 1: Off and I remember watching the beginning of Gradson and being like, oh, she's so great, that's.
Speaker 2: So great, and that moment is it's just great. It's really change she makes when she's like, maam, you can't do that, and then Samantha tells her story story carry on.
Speaker 1: Man, I know, it's fantastic. It's so good and so funny and such a great thing about being able to be a show that's filming in New York finding great actors like yourselves. They might not be huge parts, but they're great, great moments, and they can help other people continue on in their careers, you know what I mean? And like a hundred create momentum and or heat if you'd like to call it the industry word. But I love to see it so much.
Speaker 2: No, and I'm always grateful for it. Like I said, like it's it's probably the smallest role that I get recognized for.
Speaker 1: Amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's great.
Speaker 1: Who cares, right, I mean, it just goes to show there are no small roles, only small actor.
Speaker 2: That's what they say.
Speaker 1: That's what they say. I know it's kind of a mean thing, but whatever. Okay, So then we go to this we go to this navy party or whatever. I mean, that's what my notes say. I don't know if that's the way we describe it in the show.
Speaker 2: I mean, because the salor invite you guys, right right, we go.
Speaker 1: To the floor and at the once. So the other thing I remember about this when we're at the park where we're walking along after the coffee shop in Samantha Sorry, Miranda has her the baby shovel, right, yes, that we also filmed forever, And I don't know why I remember standing. I think it's Madison Square Park and we we filmed there a lot. I think it's kind of like a popular park to New Yorkers but not to other people. And we could get that permit a lot. And this is when I have the hair shall act, which I remember because it kept coming loose, like if I because I had you. We had to turn our head and see the sailors. We had to turn. She goes like, there's seamen, and Miranda's like a helping to turn around their sailors. That's pretty funny. I remember how hard that was to film because we had to be on this side and we had to be on the other side, like many mini angles of us standing, and we stood there forever. And I remember we had a group of paparazzi there, of course, and it was annoying because we were trying to focus and whatever and do our lines. And I remember this one who I'm not going to name, but he's like a it's like a big personality and like was with us every day at certain points, and we'd just be like, oh Lord, give us patience and sometimes right, and he would shout at us to like pose and whatnot between takes and you're just.
Speaker 2: Like, oh my god.
Speaker 1: And you're also like, I'm just trying to do the scene, you know, right, and you know how we have our little mini sides. So sometimes Sir Jessica would take the mini sides and like hold them up, like if the pop parksy were over there, she'd block her face and that made him really mad. And I believe this particular day and we had like a group of people watching, but not a huge group, but like some people he started shouting her address to them, and remember being so deeply upsetting it.
Speaker 2: Well, now you've really crossed a line. It's like a safety line.
Speaker 1: It's a safety line, I know. And I mean, yes, she lives in New York, and yes people know where she lives, and that's already messed up. But like it's so hard and there's really nothing you can.
Speaker 2: Do, right and and if you react then you're giving.
Speaker 1: It's worse. Absolutely, So we're just sitting there, just inside, dying, and I just want to protect her. You know.
Speaker 2: York's funny that way, right, because New Yorkers in general try to be cool about it, right, Yes, so shooting here generally people are like, yeah, you're not you don't you don't impress me.
Speaker 1: But there's also a lot of a lot of tourists.
Speaker 2: Well that's just it. Yeah, I was doing a series with Jlo a few years back, and.
Speaker 1: I can't even imagine.
Speaker 2: My kids love this story. So our trailers were unmarked, but that we were at a location in the Bronx. I think, and and I'll never forge. So there are a crowd of people gathered outside my trailer.
Speaker 1: Oh good, they thought you were hurt.
Speaker 2: Well they didn't know. Oh maybe I could.
Speaker 1: They were guessing.
Speaker 2: But I'll never forget the opening my door, and like a hundred people go, oh.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean this leads to why Jlo is Jlo? Like Jlo is ready for those people. Sure, like she's living her life like I am here for that family, which is impressive. I don't know how she does it.
Speaker 2: I couldn't do it prostitution.
Speaker 1: I don't think I could do it either.
Speaker 2: I can, but she is.
Speaker 1: She makes it work.
Speaker 2: She makes it work.
Speaker 1: My god, you know, I mean because you were in the Bronx. Isn't that where she's from?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Right, Like it must have been such a big deal to these.
Speaker 2: I saw a video. It's a little I don't want to.
Speaker 1: Don't tell it. Don't tell it. Don't tell it is mean.
Speaker 2: It's not mean, Okay, It's just all it is is like apparently she's back in her old neighborhood and she's sort of like expecting this guy to be like, oh, you're Jenny from the block, and he's like, who are you?
Speaker 1: I've never seen you before, right, I guess there's always that, right, like like on the one hand, there's the height of whatever, like people know and are excited, and then on the other hand, there's always someone who's going to just put you right back, which is and.
Speaker 2: The guy was probably mean. He literally is just being like a classic New Yorker like got it? Were you?
Speaker 1: Totally? Totally, totally all right, Let's talk a little bit about Miranda. Got a recap, Got a recap. She's a brunch, she's got the baby. She says something like just pretend this is a very heavy handbag, which is pretty funny, but no, it is actually a baby. And then we put her in a taxi to send her home, which is also kind of entertaining. It's just funny to see. I also feel like Michael is writing into the show with the girls and the friendship, what he is dealing with as a writer with now he's had her have a baby. What I'm saying, like, how are we gonna deal with it.
Speaker 2: And we know as parents like dynamic shift, right. I mean, your life obviously changes dramatically, and there is a divide those who have kids and those who don't have kids.
Speaker 1: No, it's hard, it's hard, and it's interesting to watch now that we have that perspective in life because obviously then we didn't, right, but Cynthia did. Cynthia had her first job already when we started. I remember just thinking like, how does she do it? She's like, it's fine, it's fine, because Cynthia is superhuman. No, she wasn't like it's just a handbag, but she was like, it's fine, it's fine, right, And it's interesting to see him writing into the show and the struggles that people actually really go through, and I love it. I obviously did not have the perspective I have now on it, so I'm rewatching with a different perspective, which is what people are always saying they do, which I love. But it's really interesting. She gets back to the apartment. Steve is there, but she's like, no, get out or whatever. It's so interesting because I can't remember how the relationship goes. I know what happens eventually, but it's super interesting to watch the choice.
Speaker 2: They're obviously in a rocky patch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I love it. It's super good and I don't think I fully appreciated it at the time.
Speaker 2: And it's it's nice when he comes back later and with the belly button.
Speaker 1: It really is.
Speaker 2: It's a sweet moment.
Speaker 1: It really is, because Steve is really sweet. I didn't I didn't really appreciate it at the time. I was like, oh, Steve, but he's really sweet and so different from her. They're super fascinating together. But yeah, the belly button situation, just as a mom, I'm like, oh my god, Oh my god, I've forgotten all of this. The cat, she's changing him and his belly button comes off and the cat runs away. My god. Mortifying, mortifying and so great and so real, so real, And I mean, these things are weird.
Speaker 2: Face it. The belly button thing is weird.
Speaker 1: It is weird, And why don't people tell you that this is gonna happen.
Speaker 2: And it's the most natural thing I.
Speaker 1: Know, but no one really wears you, right because they put like that clip on it at the hospital, which is also weird. And I remember my daughter when she came home from the hospital, she still had the clip on, and I was just so scared. But you're trying to change their drapers and get them clean, and you're just like, oh my god, I don't want to knock the belly button off. And of course I had been through this, which I guess I didn't really remember, but subconsciously I must have remembered. Oh, the animals could get it and they like it. Yeah, that's crazy even think about. So crazy. But poor Miranda's there trying to be a mom, kind of doesn't know what she's doing, which is also so relatable, even though she's so powerful in life. Right, Like, I love this. I'm obviously really rewatching it with whole new eyes, of.
Speaker 2: Course, especially not just as a mom, but as a single mom. Yeah, right, Like you really get it.
Speaker 1: I really get it. And I don't know how she did it, Miranda, don't know how you did it. For the I don't know how asian amount of time.
Speaker 2: My kids are born in La Yeah, and when we move back, we were like, we can't live in Manhattan, you know, we can't go from a house to an apartment. So yeah, I look at people raising kids in the city. I'm like, wow, that's impressive.
Speaker 1: My friends told me that I was wrong to do it in La, that it's easier in the city, But that's because Sarah juscin Cynthia are just superhumans. Because I was like, you guys are not normal. I can't go on what you're saying because you're super supernatural human beings who also grew up here, right right, So I mean sin her whole life. Sarah came a little bit later, but mostly grew up here. And I think that you just get used to it, and there's a certain like everything is here and available. But like for me, putting the baby in a car is a lot easier than getting down the stairs with that stroller. God, I'm covering the stroller with the rain Jesus.
Speaker 2: And not having that car to jump into right right.
Speaker 1: And I did live on the upper side for almost the whole most of the show actually, and the you know, the stroller brigade, like, they will run you down on the Upper West Side.
Speaker 2: Man, they'll stop traffic.
Speaker 1: They really will. They rule up there, no joke. But if you're single people up there, you're just like, oh my god.
Speaker 2: They'll use it as a weapon.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's very intense, but I understand it all so much better now because it's hard right where they're like, we're going to do it, get out of our way. Yeah, I'm a a tank. Totally, totally, totally. I have a question. Yeah, Mark Kristen, are you a Charlotte?
Speaker 2: Am I a Charlotte? I wasn't. It's funny, it's it's the name of your podcast. I wasn't expecting it. No, I think I am.
Speaker 1: Okay, you don't have to be I'm not trying to people. Okay, Okay, okay, I think that I am. Okay.
Speaker 2: How so.
Speaker 1: Do you believe in love? It's number one Charlotte quality. Mmm. Oh.
Speaker 2: I want to say I'm balancing because I'm thinking about the other characters in this regard. But I want to say integrity, okay. I want to say a sense of a sense of right and wrong. Yeah, yeah, yeah, and a desires to do the right thing right that's right, and not always succeeding, but that's the desire.
Speaker 1: Trying very hard to do the right thing, to do the right thing. That's so nice. That's a different take. I'd love to hear people's perceptions all so of Charlotte. And also, you know, it's good writing obviously you know what I'm saying, Like, Yeah, I love that. That's different and I like it. I like it very much. I mean, also, you're married, you have two kids. There are certain elements of Charlotte in there. Sure, yeah, you're sure dependable, you know.
Speaker 2: I think I am definitely dependable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which is a good good quality to have, not a flashy quality, but really important in life.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, I love that about Charlotte too.
Speaker 2: She's got the good but she's it's interesting because I mean, obviously, I mean, she's there's no way to say this without complimenting you. She's beautiful, but she has a flash to her, but she's not. That's not her, that's not who she is.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, that's true. That's true. It's hard for me to be objective about that part of her, right. I mean. Instagram also shows me when we go to Atlantic City and I put on that crazy dress because I'm trying to be something that I'm not or whatever shows me that a lot lately. I don't know why, but I'm like, wow, it's crazy all the different things they let me do, you know.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: All right, thanks Mark, thanks for joining us.