Speaker 1: Hey everybody, thanks for watching this week's episode. We want to promote where you can see us. For tickets, go to Joe gattoofficial dot com and see all my door dates.
Speaker 2: For Steve's go to punch Up dot Live backslash Steve hyphen Burn.
Speaker 1: That's beat. Why r I need? He makes it so easy to find him. And now onto the episode.
Speaker 3: There was a problem wear a ticket.
Speaker 1: Two one.
Speaker 3: Oh we are we are moms.
Speaker 2: Baby, we did it, We did it. I am Joe Gatto, I'm Steve Burn, and we are so excited to be here for multiple reasons.
Speaker 3: Yes, happy, happy, blated holidays, Happy late holidays everybody.
Speaker 4: I hope everybody is good.
Speaker 1: And yeah, no in law problems. Did you have any in law props? No, I'm just bloated. No, but I mean that's all the time the holidays. Uh, in law No, I don't. I don't ever have issues with the in laws. The inlaws are pretty cool. It's great. So it was all good. Everything was great. Everybody's happy, healthy, kids like good kids, liked everything they got. Everybody was happy about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my son, it's weird, my son got my I gave my son fifty dollars, and I said, just get your get your sister anything in the mall.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 3: You know what he got her, Uh, fifty dollars gift card to Victoria's secret. No, he did it.
Speaker 1: That's so crazy, Steve, you're telling jokes now. I was on I started. That started such a sweet, wholesome story because I just got if you winner, if you picked out the brawl your son.
Speaker 2: I had my sisters, my mom. I don't know if you had this growing up. When I was growing up. My mom worked at our school that we went to Santa Dwwertz shout Out, and she was the secretary, so she would help set up the holiday fair, which is basically just other people's garbage.
Speaker 1: It was like all homemade.
Speaker 2: Crazy went and bought like an ashtray that said number one dad on itything right your butt here, like stuff like all this stupid junk right, and they would go and it would give you.
Speaker 1: I remember my mom was like, Okay, here's ten dollars. You could go spend whatever you want and get whatever you want.
Speaker 2: Inevitably, you know, you'd spend the ten and you go back to hit it back up and I'm like, mom, I really want.
Speaker 1: This paper mache Santa Cla.
Speaker 2: My grandma like, yeah, So my kids had this fair at their school and they my daughter said, no, I'd.
Speaker 1: Rather go to I'd rather go to a real store because.
Speaker 2: She wanted to go shopping right, right, instead of the things supporting the yeah local.
Speaker 1: Businesses, right, yeah, they shouldn't want to go to the hendmates. But did you have like some one of those weird fairs growing up?
Speaker 3: I don't remember us going to fairs. I The only thing I remember is like my my an uncle from Korea.
Speaker 4: They they set up a thing every Sunday.
Speaker 3: At a flea market in New Jersey, so we'd always go to the flea marke and we go support them. But then us kids would just walk around the flea market and hang on by candy and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: But nice.
Speaker 3: But in terms of like a Christmas village or anything, I don't I don't really recall doing that.
Speaker 4: And pitch two things.
Speaker 2: I love love a good Christmas village, yeah, but it gets a little cold, yes, And a walking hot cocoa.
Speaker 1: I love walking hot coco. I don't do a marshmallow and it don don't get the store. Do you remember where your favorite hot Coco's.
Speaker 2: From no I remember when my favorite hot goes because of my mouth.
Speaker 1: From no I do remember some legendary cocoas. Here's one for you. Okay, down on Union.
Speaker 2: Square they have a great outdoor holiday village. Bessie had first moved here. We're living on Wall Street.
Speaker 1: I see. We gotta check out this holiday village. Okay, this is one hundred century story. Yeah, holiday village. You gotta come right. This is very, very similar to something that happened to you. We go down to the Holliday Village Junion Square. Awesome, bubbah blah, we're going there or whatever. We're hanging out. We get the hot cocoa walking around. Oh, look at this. How much is this stupid painting of the Empire State Building? The one hundred and fifty dollars?
Speaker 4: No, thank you?
Speaker 2: You know all this stuff. We're looking all this trash. And then we we'll go and there's this woman that she's sitting in the back of Union Square Park and she's guys just like a couple of scarves and she's patting a cat right and so bes She's like, oh cat, and she walks up and it ended up being it was just a homeless woman their clothes.
Speaker 1: And wait for the kicker.
Speaker 5: She was petting the possum, pet possum.
Speaker 1: Bessie screamed and made me take her home.
Speaker 3: Unbelievable right rocket up, Oh my god, that she was scarving a possum.
Speaker 1: Don't stop on possible, don't stop.
Speaker 2: Right in the middle of the right in the middle, like it was like chochk ornaments possome.
Speaker 3: Not a good looking at him. It was no, not keep people domestic, domesticate. It's weird, that's weird. But they're good for I guess ticks. They eat ticks summertime, which is good.
Speaker 1: Well, that's why we need them. They're moresupials. But you don't get a lot of over on this continent. Australia's got the big Joe.
Speaker 4: Australia's got a lot of learning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Australia's got the Australia's got the copyright on marsupials.
Speaker 3: Well look, you know Australia, it's like it's deadly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, everything could kill you in Australia. Everything.
Speaker 2: That's why, that's why they try to keep people away and watching the there like this is you come visit. It's fine, but you're gonna die here.
Speaker 4: Did you? You?
Speaker 1: You just toured in Australia.
Speaker 2: Just tour in Australia a little while. Yeah, it was so fun. I would always It was on my bucket list forever since I.
Speaker 1: Was like fourteen years old.
Speaker 3: It was your first time there.
Speaker 1: My first time. There was so much fun. I loved it. I loved it.
Speaker 4: I went me and uh.
Speaker 2: Our producer Marchi guardian Jiggy. There's just the two of us on like our honeymoon, which was so fun.
Speaker 1: Wait, wait, did.
Speaker 3: He because before he was telling me about how he's gonna fly there.
Speaker 1: Did he go coach?
Speaker 4: He did?
Speaker 1: He did go coach? He did. But he ended up getting a whole row that he was able to lay down, but not on the way back. On the way back, you.
Speaker 3: Got wow, you get a row international.
Speaker 1: That's rare.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because we was like a Tuesday or something with something, but on the way back it was like Saturday.
Speaker 1: He didn't spring for it. Huh, he didn't spring for it. Now, no, Jiggy t Rexalms. Yeah, he's not here to defend himself either.
Speaker 4: Thank god. Let's talk about it.
Speaker 1: You guys, know, when's the.
Speaker 2: Last time he bought you a coffee. It's not fair to talk about about him when he's not here. Let's only talk I all about him.
Speaker 4: When okay, sure, talk about his wife.
Speaker 1: Did you well, lovely woman, great woman? Did you ever did you.
Speaker 2: Ever interact with like a while down a wild beastaid you had to capture on your own, in your yard or at your house.
Speaker 4: Like I'll tell you this.
Speaker 3: My daughter's guinea pig passed away and it was in the garage for a good week because I was on the road. And then they're like, well, somebody bury it.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: It basically means dad, will you bury it? So I buried the guinea pig.
Speaker 1: A new one group now have a guinea picture.
Speaker 3: And then literally, like I guess, two weeks later or a week and a half later, I was on the road and our cat got out overnight and everybody forgot the cat was out. And then my daughter wakes up and is going to the bus and the guinea pigs in the driveway like bombad because the cat smelled it and dug it out and pulled it out and left it in the.
Speaker 1: Drive gave it CPR was like clear.
Speaker 3: But that was I don't know in terms of wild animal.
Speaker 1: No have you you're younger. You must deal with island Staten Island. I lived next to the woods. We were running over with possum.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there was a there was an angry possum. When after my sister and Nino, my brother in law, Nino and my sister Gina, came back from the date my they yell from their driveway and my father comes down. And I was collecting weapons at the time, and my father, Yeah, you know, I collected weapons. I talked about this when I pretended I was a ninja around the neighborhood. I had a wall of weapons. I used to go see the guy the Big Apple Bazar. You should listen to our podcast. It's really great.
Speaker 3: So I went, you used to like an eighth grade John Wick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so yeah, it was just he was talking about this day the Big Apple Bazaar had this old Asian gentleman who looked like, exactly.
Speaker 3: Why didn't you take a breath after you said that? And looked at me like you caught What does that mean that.
Speaker 4: You're Asian old gentleman?
Speaker 2: He looked like, but those are just listening to his pointed right, and Stee's face he he looked like he looked like the.
Speaker 1: Guy that sold the magua and gremblins, like he was one of those.
Speaker 2: And he was used to just some of all these weapons. And I had all these things hanging on my wall. I had a crossbowl, a blow gun. I had a bb gun out.
Speaker 1: You know, uh, what were you most adept with? Bone?
Speaker 4: Arrow? What?
Speaker 1: Bone? Arrow? Bow?
Speaker 4: An arrow?
Speaker 1: Archer?
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Hold hold egg I used to my neighbors used to hold the eggplants in their hands from the garden.
Speaker 1: I iced to shoot them out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, no.
Speaker 1: Way an eggplant, eggplant?
Speaker 3: You know, an apple is like it's like girth. An egg plant is no.
Speaker 1: No, an egg full leg plant?
Speaker 3: Oh you're working with yeah, full plant.
Speaker 1: So anyway, I would so so Nino and Gina picture it. They come home. It's it's late at night. A light is rolling through Statn Island.
Speaker 2: Okay, they locked the door and the car I mean he flashing its scarce the possum that was in the corner of the driveway and it ran up the top of the pole.
Speaker 1: And my sister didn't notice, and she walks by and it goes right in her ear, like oh sh They scream and run they come in. My father wants out. He goes, what's the matter, and she's like, this's a possum and we see it's sitting there staring at it, giving this the beloka. It's given us the bad looks. And my father goes, go get the cross and I went upstairs.
Speaker 4: This is the time.
Speaker 1: This is such a moment of my life, a young boy protecting my sister. Yeah. I come downstairs with a crossbow. I take aim and the crossbow fires early and far is over that.
Speaker 2: I was so upset, so I said to my dad, I said, let me go get another one.
Speaker 4: And he was like no.
Speaker 2: He's like, well, I have to take care of this, like men hand to hand cot that.
Speaker 1: And he got his shovel and we had no way take it out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because it was like getting very aggressive near the house, so we just want to hear of it. So then he gives it the old dog, you know, and he puts his arm around me and he has it.
Speaker 1: He's holding it.
Speaker 2: He's like, now he's holding the shovel and he goes now a few words.
Speaker 1: And he gave me eulogy for the bottom. That's one of the funniest things ever. And I was like fourteen and then we went and buried it. That is that's great memory. Yeah, that is hilarious. Yeah it was, uh it was on again.
Speaker 2: But in Staten Island, I lived by the woods, so we always had like things around.
Speaker 3: Ye had our neighborhood. Now it's just deer and deer out there, and and Medillo. I see you Medillo all the time, and you.
Speaker 1: Got all Medillo's rolling around.
Speaker 4: Yeah, how cool?
Speaker 1: Is that pretty cool? I've never seen a dealer in real life.
Speaker 4: Really, it's like a cool turtle.
Speaker 1: Is like a badass turtle, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like, uh, well it's like a possum with like rhino skin.
Speaker 4: Oh there's no shell.
Speaker 1: Dilo is shellless. It's it's a shell, but it's.
Speaker 2: Like, oh it's like skinny though it's not like it's not like a turtle shell.
Speaker 1: It's like they curl up in a ball. Get out of here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like the hedgehog.
Speaker 1: Yeah, percent swear to god.
Speaker 4: Yeah there actually kind of cute.
Speaker 1: Because possums are disgusting looking. Yeah, Armadillo's look pettible. Possums don't.
Speaker 3: No possum is like possum's got that faces a finger.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wouldn't do that. Even the Chinese don't eat them. Yeah, that's how awful they are. Sorry you could say that, though, I gat.
Speaker 4: Again I'm pointing.
Speaker 3: Have you ever heard of Kilwin's By the way, Killin's chocolate.
Speaker 4: That's the best hot chocolate ever heard of? You guys heard.
Speaker 3: That's the literally, the hands down, the best hot chalk I've ever had, really, hands out, because you.
Speaker 4: Know why they use cocoa.
Speaker 1: Milk oh wa water? No? I never used water, dude.
Speaker 3: Come on, that's every Christmas village in the water.
Speaker 1: It quick for discount and.
Speaker 4: They charge you.
Speaker 1: That's right. Would you do? Many marshmallows and yours? No cinnamon stick, no straight cocoa. I'm a straight man. Yeah, me too. I don't. I don't. I don't mess with the marshmallows.
Speaker 2: Always congregate together and form one jumbo marshmallow that wants to joke you the job. You know that they get hot and the coagulate and then you just have this fat marshmallow cup.
Speaker 1: Terrible, terrible.
Speaker 3: Hold up you, that's the one thing you would love a marshall.
Speaker 1: I've eat with you, I go out. You're all about desserts, You're all about marshmallow. You'll get a dessert before the meal. Marshmallows on my list of top six things I hate food wise, can.
Speaker 4: I list the next one?
Speaker 3: So, marsh marshmallow you outgrow I think?
Speaker 1: Is that for he to say you will grollo you grollo marshmallow? Yeah? I agree.
Speaker 3: I outgrew marshmallows, I think in maybe high school.
Speaker 1: Okay, now I'm going to ask you pop quiz. Spell marshmallow and can I please have us fact check it?
Speaker 3: Spell marshmallow m A R s h M E l l O W. Wow.
Speaker 1: That couldn't be more are incorrect? The W on the end, m A R s h m A l l O. That's all right, Oh.
Speaker 3: You're right, we got it right.
Speaker 4: Point to me.
Speaker 6: M A R he said, m E l l O W whatever. It's m A R s h m A l l m A W.
Speaker 2: M A not not mellow mallow, marsh malls.
Speaker 4: All right, Well you were close.
Speaker 1: I was not very good at it. That's weird. How did the mini The mini is only used in two ingredients.
Speaker 2: It's used as a sprinkle on top of a uh sweet potato uh you know, sweet potato mash during the holidays.
Speaker 1: That that rolls in and then in the hat Coco. Then the mini marshmallow serves no other purpose.
Speaker 3: Really, honestly, you're right. What else what a small market hold on ice cream Sunday?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're right those people reading a cold marshmallow is worse than a hot mellow.
Speaker 1: Hot metals congragulate together. The hard ones that just you chomping on it's like a chicklate. Those are the worst. I hate marshmallows.
Speaker 3: When's the last time we had Oneores?
Speaker 1: I'll dude, smalles not for me?
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 1: Yeah, messy that it's like a crab, like a kid. You don't like?
Speaker 4: No, no, did.
Speaker 1: You ever have? So?
Speaker 2: I had the marshmallow my son made me try when when we met last mate smores this last fall, we're doing a fire pet and he's like, Dad, you have to try, remember me try because I make him try everything and he hates everything. I sorry, I'll try it again. I haven't tried it in a while, and I tried and instantly hated it. I don't like the consistency.
Speaker 1: There's no.
Speaker 3: It's either or you still get the thing in the middle that didn't melt yet.
Speaker 1: Oh do you burn you?
Speaker 4: You burn them?
Speaker 1: Right? Because that's the problem. Yeah, that's tough.
Speaker 3: I like, I like a nice little when you're doing it, when you're doing around, could.
Speaker 1: You make a fire? Could I make a fire right now here?
Speaker 4: And I get lost in the woods, I'm dead.
Speaker 1: I'm dead in seventy two hours.
Speaker 2: Wow, we're being trum seriously, two cold moms, dead moms.
Speaker 3: You you wouldn't be able to walk more than two miles.
Speaker 1: What are you pointed to me for? Because you couldn't.
Speaker 3: I could walk, I complain, you would complain, you would gass out so quick?
Speaker 1: Is it uphill?
Speaker 3: Even if it's a flat plane, if it's just slow, I'll tell you what, if it was downhill, you'd still be like fucking done.
Speaker 2: I can't know, because the problem is if I'm going to downhill, I have to lean back on.
Speaker 1: It like fat Joe. Because I can't.
Speaker 2: I have to this equilibrium you don't deal with as a portly gentleman.
Speaker 1: I need to lean I have to be perpendicular to the ground. So if it's this, I gotta lean back on it.
Speaker 2: But when you go for okay, if I'm going forward downhill, I gotta lean back.
Speaker 1: If I'm going uphill, I have to lean forward. Yeah, Oh that's tough. Flat's the only way I could do it. Honestly, When is the last time you like it? Just took a walk when I was with you when we came from lunch.
Speaker 3: But you know, you never are like stressed out. You're like, I should take a while.
Speaker 1: I don't walk when I'm stressed out.
Speaker 4: What do you do?
Speaker 1: Bake passa month?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: I uh, let me see you do I have.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you where I like to go for a walk. I like to go for a walk when it's like a nature trailing kind of thing. Okay, I'll do that, like when we go for like the New Year's House. I rent the house at New Year's and we'll go like the kids are.
Speaker 1: Like, let's go for a nature walk and we'll walk through the woods. I'll do that.
Speaker 3: Like there are things you know, like when when when Jim Carrey and Jeff Dane's go to go to Colorado and dumb and Dumber and they get the cowboy gear on like that, You dressing up in hiking gear would make me laugh.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, forget it. Could you never imagine me? Could you imagine me free climbing like trying to rock climb like free bo called that free Bason. What is that? The free banks with drugs? What is that freel there's a free climbs, free climb. Yeah, and I'm just out. Could you imagine me like with the chalk, I'm.
Speaker 3: Like, let's go up never and I boy shorts.
Speaker 1: It would be powdered sugar on my hands. I'd be like, let's go.
Speaker 7: You just lick and stick to it.
Speaker 1: I'd be like Spider Man every buddy. I did try one of those rock climbing walls.
Speaker 2: Once and in my mind I thought it was gonna I'm just.
Speaker 1: Picturing eight year olds dusting you. Yeah, they're like move old man.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I tried to. My daughter loves them. Is really good that my my kids do ninja like American Ninja Warrior.
Speaker 4: They do that.
Speaker 2: That's one of their activities on Mondays ago to do a ninja camp.
Speaker 3: I wish we had that when we were kids, because we too us it was double dare right. That's as close as you got what American Ninja Warrior is. It is a lot of fun to wash so much better. But it started out as Japanese game shows where people get fuck really oh Japanese like wipe out yo. Yeah, yeah, like wipe out on TBS is like a totally neutered version.
Speaker 1: I mean, these Japanese people are getting.
Speaker 3: Really whooped, really fresh ones.
Speaker 1: I gotta check that out.
Speaker 2: Whype not I never I never trust because they always just have things that you don't even see coming.
Speaker 1: Like the wall all of a sudden separates and just a big fucking fish comes down and it's so dumb. I h yeah.
Speaker 2: I think if we've raced up a wall, how many minutes do you think you beat me by pretty quickly?
Speaker 4: Climbing?
Speaker 1: I'm talking vertical vertical rock climbing wall, mean you go to rock? What wall? Climbing gym? Sure? Side by side? Okay, ready, steady go boom, We're going up. Yeap. It takes me. You finished two minutes before me, four minutes before me. What do you think at least three to four to four? Yeah, I say, being generous, I think you finish. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well I have tennis elbow right now, so I can't do it right now.
Speaker 2: But if I was in if I were pristine condition, maybe well, but you're in pretty good shape now, yes wait wise yeah, but not muscle wise. Yeah, my muscle I don't have muscle memory.
Speaker 1: I have the opposite of that memory memory muscles. When is it? When's last when you played a sport?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: With my body?
Speaker 4: I talk about like a video game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but uh sport? Let me see, Oh I play during the summer.
Speaker 2: Last summer, I play ultimate frisbee at my family reunion and I scored the winning touchdown by diving and catching it.
Speaker 3: Did you really Yes?
Speaker 2: Everybody was like, what the because my nephews went crazy.
Speaker 1: This is this is very It's meant to be a compliment.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, no, it is a combent. You're you can be very competitive, and so I'm shocked you you never got more into sports.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I have the mind for it, not the body. I have the attitude for it. I didn't have the body for it, you know, never never really all right, yeah, well that makes sense. I have the mind for the body.
Speaker 3: Well, but if you could compete in one.
Speaker 1: Sport basketball, oh well, we take a bowling off the table. By the way, we've talked about this. I'd love to see you now right now.
Speaker 2: I have tennis prime condition. I would probably say volleyball. I was always competitive in volleyball. Okay, ultimate frisbee. So no three or four?
Speaker 1: No football? I was okay. I always tried out of football. I'll get hit by a car.
Speaker 2: Jesus was like, it's not for you.
Speaker 1: They're like, Jesus, could you please get riggs? Hold on, I gotta take care of something. Step there we go.
Speaker 4: What do you need?
Speaker 1: Yeah? So all right, well you know that's it. But you played hockey. That's hockey?
Speaker 7: Was your jam?
Speaker 1: Still right? You still pretend that you're in shape. Excuse me, you still.
Speaker 4: Pretend that you're athletics.
Speaker 2: The first question, first question, you're coming in hot, Andrew, bring us in and just say hello to everybody.
Speaker 1: First, everybody, yes, andrews Andrew Ye. Mark couldn't make it, so we uh we brought on the big guns. Oh shoot, nice to be here.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: So this one comes from Steven.
Speaker 6: It says, hey, too cool, moms, could you give me some pointers on how and why women are blocking me? I've had the worst luck this year with over ten women block me, just randomly, all giving me reasons like my boyfriend asked me to or I don't feel comfortable around you, and without an explanation as to why. I've also had other women tell me that I'm too much and that I can come off strong. Any tips on how to know why women are blocking me and how I can fix this.
Speaker 3: This is the first time where it's like, it's not you, it is me. I think really applies. Yeah, it does sound like it's him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, holy cow. Yeah that people have blatantly told you what the problem was.
Speaker 4: A though you're too much.
Speaker 1: I guess. I guess he doesn't.
Speaker 2: I guess the question comes from why is he being too much? Okay, so let's let's break it down a little bit. If you're making people uncomfortable enough that they have to block you, Look, the boyfriend one goes out the window because the boyfriend just wants you blocks you blocks.
Speaker 1: That's it. Don't even worry about that one. You can't think of out that. The other ones we need.
Speaker 2: To focus on are you're too much or I don't feel comfortable around you.
Speaker 1: Right, let's workshop those being too much.
Speaker 2: Could be herbreted it as you're posting too much or going because we're talking about online only, right, So if you're getting blocked online, you're probably maybe dming too much, posting too much, liking too much things like that, or making comments they don't aren't comfortable with underneath.
Speaker 1: Like, Wow, that's a sassy bikini.
Speaker 2: I can't believe you pulled it off haha lol shark emoji, Like, I don't know, I would block you there, Like it could be something like that that you're making them uncomfortable with the comments. So I would say the first thing you could probably do is take your online don't comment, don't DM for a month and see what happens, just like if you'd like, I would say that might be a good see what the problem is. Are your comments coming across too much or you're dming too much? That would probably be a good way to do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't think it's a bad idea to kind of take some time off and take stock. But I think anytime it's too much, it usually it stems from some sense of insecurity. Right, So it's like maybe in the time off, you take stock of the things you appreciate about yourself and feel confidence in it. I think when you're confident in things, like you don't go you're.
Speaker 1: Not pushy, right, yes, too much?
Speaker 3: Like like if you go to like a like a like like if some drives a Lamborghini, it's like, oh, it's a Lamborghini. But if it's like somebody's like, oh I got this, you know, uh CRV, but it's got a six dis change ac it's got the mood. It's like it's a fucking CRV. It's a piece of shit. But if you're you know, it's like, yeah, it's a cyber truck.
Speaker 1: It's cool.
Speaker 3: It's it's neat, you know. I mean, people aren't bragging about this. So I think I just like, I think it's almost like you got to just maybe take a little bit of time to yourself, right and appreciate the things that you do like about yourself and maybe build off of those. But you don't need to take a victory lap or anything like that. But I think it just it always comes down to I hear stuff like that. It just sounds like this sounds like somebody who's insecure that just needs to just relax a second.
Speaker 1: Cool your jets. You're good enough, right, right.
Speaker 3: You're appreciated, but well we don't know them true, Like you could be like this, yeah, like stare at people.
Speaker 4: It's just like, you know, it's too much.
Speaker 3: It's like, yeah, you can't help how you you know, stare or something like that. But I don't know. I think actions speak loud of the words yeah, and it's just your actions are coming off for me.
Speaker 2: I would pick up some sort of reading about social cues, because you're clearly not picking up some social cues and people feel uncomfortable about you because a lot of people I've been in many a room and it's really hard to make me uncomfortable, very hard, you know. So if you do it, you're really really socially awkward or something is up with you, you know. So if that happens, I'll always notice these people don't have the right distance social distancing, knowing when not to ask something or to ask something, staring at people, are looking at people a certain way, smelling their hair, like I've been in these all sort.
Speaker 1: Of weird situations.
Speaker 2: I was an elevator at once and this guy smelled this girl's hair and she was like.
Speaker 3: His name was President, and he was like, what do you and she was.
Speaker 1: She's like oh, She's like oh, and he goes, no, it just smells nice.
Speaker 2: And he's like, I'm giving you a compliment and and she was like yeah, but that was but he wasn't being like he was just he thought that was right, like you know what I mean, It wasn't in a sexual or creepy way. He was just like, oh, oh you're shampoo's nice, right, And I was like, well you just sniffed ahead, dude, Like, don't.
Speaker 1: Do that, you know, so you can't stiff people's heads.
Speaker 2: I think that might help definitely, because I think you're not picking up on social cues. If you make people uncomfortable, it doesn't know, it's automatically default to. It could be this, but it doesn't default for me that you're being creepy. Yeah, it could just be that you're just making them uncomfortable because the way you present yourself and whatever.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: Well, here's the great thing though, self awareness to to your point is that but he does have some self awareness because he's acknowledging the fact that he's receiving this information.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but he's not putting he's not looking in the mirror. It doesn't sound like make that change. Yeah, you've gotta he's got to look at that man in the mirror. Make that change. I mean, who's got it, who's gotta who's gotta do it? He's got it, He's got I think that's a big part of it. I think you got to say. He's like, I don't know why people are blocking me, and then he lists reasons why. So our friend Steven, he's gotta do that.
Speaker 3: This is I know you've dealt with this probably every day in your life. But there's like after shows. Every time, after show, there's always somebody's like, hey, do you want to hear a joke?
Speaker 1: And I'm like, okay, oh he doesn't want to hear a joke.
Speaker 3: Now he doesn't want to hear It's like there's always that person that like is so unaware of the optics of the room or under it, just like yeah, I don't know you I just talk for an hour.
Speaker 1: I want to go home and cry like in a hot shower.
Speaker 3: And yeah, I mean, just I don't know. There's always I was the only reason I brought up because I had that experience this weekend where was another one of those people where it's like there's five people you meet after every show, right, somebody's gracious, somebody's too nervous, somebody is way too boisterous, and then somebody who's so insecure that they flip it on you.
Speaker 4: Would you say a beat? Okay, do that to me.
Speaker 3: But here's your reaction. Ready, So there's the person that does the thing.
Speaker 1: You write it down, Mark, you gotta write it down. I gotta take it down.
Speaker 2: I gotta take it out.
Speaker 1: There's some self massaging that you'll do. Can that be the name of episode self massaging? No?
Speaker 7: No, but yes, Steve, good luck to you.
Speaker 2: So no that what you were saying was like those people that come up they don't be able to read the room is huge, that is being.
Speaker 1: Able to but some people just don't have it. Yeah, right, could you learn it? Because I'll say I didn't.
Speaker 2: Well, I think, well, you're also I'm dealing with like I'm talking about, like coming out adolescence.
Speaker 1: I think if you're an adult, you might be setting your ways a little bit.
Speaker 2: But I remember being too witty and mean with my comedy and saying things that were would make other people feel bad to get everybody else to laugh.
Speaker 1: And remember I remember the moment I was like, oh, I got to stop doing that.
Speaker 2: And everybody should be laughing, not laughing at somebody that whole thing and having like a little bit of an awakening that way. You know, my mom's saying that stuff to me, you know, just to drill it in because she recognized it too. But I I think I learned that. But do you think that people could learn to read a room. I guess maybe by experience, by being around people more because there are all people out intervers and that you put them in a mix and they're like, ooh yeah.
Speaker 3: It just comes down to reading the social cues, right, Like literally just read the clues, dude, Like no one wants to hear the story, no one. People are not even making eye contact or you know, just it's it's interesting, like the social dynamic, just all the cues people give off. I just pick up after shows sometimes where like you'll be having a conversation and somebody's just like standing there and they're not even like it's like you can see I'm talking to and I won't even acknowledge you now because I'm here, I'm like doubling down right on talking to this person, giving them all my attention because you keep being intrusive to the space and you're also being rude to this individual, so I don't know it, just like that person isn't reading any of it, and it's like, how do you get that person understand that? And it comes down to like a person like you, because I've seen you you'd be like, I'm talking to.
Speaker 1: This because you go back this up right now, give me a minute.
Speaker 3: Given that, I mean you, you literally have a great peripheral and I've seen you pick up on things and you're very You're very kind, you're very patient, but you're also very honest. And there's times you've been honest with people.
Speaker 1: Where I'm like, well, I wish I could do that.
Speaker 3: I really like I truly.
Speaker 1: Well, that's why we hang out together because you'd make me do it for you. You just give me, You'll give me an old like next or something. I think it comes down to that.
Speaker 2: I think it comes down to maybe pick up a book or something about reading into like social cues and being able to manage.
Speaker 1: What people the energy people are given off to you.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Good luck to you, though, buddy.
Speaker 3: But the first step is the fact that he's reaching out. He understands Yeah, which is great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I would say definitely that thing about social media. Take a beat from that, all right.
Speaker 1: This next one comes from Karen.
Speaker 6: She asks what is the advice that you were given, asked for or not that you are happy you ignored Oh.
Speaker 1: Karen got a good one there. So somebody forced advice on you and you're happy you didn't follow it. Wow, that's a good one. That's a good question. Let's see. Let's see.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to think about because I've got I've gotten advice from my parents, and I haven't listened to all of it, but I remember a lot of it being good.
Speaker 1: But I'm sure there's got to be I was told.
Speaker 3: I should do a podcast, m.
Speaker 1: You shouldn't have.
Speaker 4: Are you talking about the other ones that you tried and failed?
Speaker 1: This one? Oh? You mean this one?
Speaker 2: You talk about the three other ones you tried that didn't work, and then this one we got on IHR podcast Network. I'm sorry he's talk about the three other ones that had seven listens across the board you're talking about I don't know.
Speaker 1: I just wanted you.
Speaker 2: To be clear for the listeners that are all tuned in listening to this I podcast network, a major conglomerate that we're on right now.
Speaker 1: I wasn't just be clear to the people. Are we talking about the.
Speaker 5: One that you filmed with with a selfie cam in your home office talking about stand up comedy and dissecting it Oh.
Speaker 1: The nine people that listened to that loved it.
Speaker 2: I love you Wow, that cut deep. Hey listen my first podcast suck too. Now we found each other.
Speaker 1: What was the first one? Two cool moths?
Speaker 2: My first one I did was my first one I did was is called You Seem Cool? And it was during COVID when I was finding people online and they were really cool and I just wanted to interview them.
Speaker 1: So it's like a fifteen minute short podcast. It was fun.
Speaker 4: It wasn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it wasn't. I don't think it was on that I could would have sustained this format. I love and I love you Stevie. This is I love you too. This is great.
Speaker 3: But what what was there something? Obviously it goes back to profession I'm sure that there were.
Speaker 2: Oh well, I mean I got one that pops off right away. Our agent told us that we were too old for TV. Really, that we should give up on it. We should have sold to the format instead of trying to do jokers because we were too old for TV.
Speaker 1: That funny? Really? Yeah, yeah, so that's bad, Ben advice. I didn't you were mid thirties at that point. I mean that's I was young to mid I was like, yeah, thirty yeah, thirty fourth.
Speaker 3: It's crazy to say that to somebody that, yeah.
Speaker 2: That had a good show on their hands too, which is crazy. Yeah, so that's definitely that's number one bad advice that I didn't take.
Speaker 1: Wow, what din't anyways? Hey horrible? Sorry it's had an opinion?
Speaker 4: No, who is the first had an opinion?
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's always people that will tell you though, I had. I had one guy when I first moved here. I came out of Kent and I was I was starting to dabble and stand up, but I had a theater degree. And so there was this off off Broadway show that was going on and they needed somebody last minute, right, So I filled in for somebody and I actually I remember this. I worked my ass off for forty eight hours because it was premiering on Monday, and this person dropped off and he needed.
Speaker 1: Like an Asian person, right. So it was about the Chinese Cultural Revolution.
Speaker 3: So I watched the videotape, but I watched it in a mirror because I was like, I put my TV and I put a mirror because I.
Speaker 1: Did get the blocking right woh.
Speaker 3: So I even put in the mirror and I was like memorizing the blocking, and I was memorizing the lines and memorized everything. And then we went out for a cast party afterwards, and this guy said congratulations to everybody.
Speaker 1: He's like, it's so good to work with, you know, performers.
Speaker 3: And then he looked at me and he said, you know, even though some people maybe he shouldn't be doing this, oh wow, And I was like, whoa, what the Like? I put all this work in, all the beats and everything. And then like two weeks after the run was over, he said something along the lines of like this is not for you, yeah, and.
Speaker 1: Trying to partake it, partake some wisdom to you. Yeah, look kid, you're all right, but this isn't for you kind of thing. Yeah.
Speaker 2: It was just like, wow, that's kind of like a yeah that was that was one of your first roles too, Because then you say, you made it in a theater and you never performed at your college, right, you were always behind?
Speaker 4: Right? So was that right? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Was no? But no, I mean that then you made your job, is what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Then I come to pass this thing and it ran for two weeks and I got like nice write ups and and I It's funny because I never worked in Kent, but I always did stuff for the Cleveland Playhouse and I did stuff like like legit professional stuff. So it was like weird that like I couldn't work at Kent, but I could go and make actual money with real working actors in the area and get that. And then to get that it was always like, I don't know with acting, and I'm sure you you deal with it too in terms of like jokers, but as a comic it's like you're give an opportunity to do things sometimes and acting wise, but uh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think the I think in our industry especially, you'll get advice from people unwarranted a lot.
Speaker 1: Because people, especially like if people you're respected and have gone up high or whatever, it's unsolicited. Most of the time. They just it comes from place they're trying to help you.
Speaker 2: But everybody forgets that the way that people get to where they are is never, ever, ever the same. Not every actor that's on screen studied acting right, took an audition, got it, had a hit movie like.
Speaker 1: That doesn't happen right. Everybody gets to a different place in a different way.
Speaker 2: So I think in our industry people are like always just try to share their story of how they did it and like oh maybe blah blah blah, and it doesn't apply to you, and you still get to the same place, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's interesting, Like even when we did Sullivan and Sun, you just brought up a memory for some reason. But because I was the lead, right, and so I'm always there behind the bar.
Speaker 1: If there was a great.
Speaker 3: Line about like it's a good line, should give that to Brian. It's like, but it's true. Aligned, it's like I'm behind the desk, like I'm always here. I'll always have facilitate stuff. But but I remember this one day we were doing a scene and it was like longer in the day and Christine ever Saw had a question about something in the script. Now, granted this is like a summer sitcom, it's silly, but she still is like in tune in, giving it her best and being before and she's just like it's just not making sense to me, and so like motivationally based, like being like figure out she could write and and there was a moment where people were getting frustrated because it's like it's five it's five thirty.
Speaker 1: Can we fucking go home? It's a sitcom.
Speaker 3: And and I remember Guardell telling me all roads lead through you. However you behave will have a ripple effect on the whole thing. So one of the actors taps me on the shoulder, goes, Jesus Christ, Right, I go.
Speaker 1: You got to respect her process.
Speaker 3: You have a process and she has a process, so respect the process. And I think that kind of like settled it.
Speaker 1: But it's to your point.
Speaker 4: It's like.
Speaker 3: Everybody is going to get there differently. Everybody's going to work in a different way as well. When you when you do get there right, And I think you just have to appreciate people's journey because and what people are dealing with on a daily basis too.
Speaker 1: You just don't know, you know. Everybody thinks, yeah, all right.
Speaker 4: About that one.
Speaker 1: One more all right? This one comes from Amy.
Speaker 3: Amy is from Australia.
Speaker 2: Oh it all comes.
Speaker 1: Oh she's a marsupial, get me my crossbow.
Speaker 3: She loves your show.
Speaker 6: I listen to you guys every week and hope you can help me. I have a lot of anxiety and get overwhelmed by the smallest of things all the time. Do you have any advice on how to help over.
Speaker 2: Thank you, did you try not being anxious?
Speaker 1: That's the easiest thing. Just stop being anxious. Yeah, just go to sleep.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, it's.
Speaker 1: Not gonna it didn't happen. To be fine.
Speaker 3: Watch The Aviator with Leonardo Dicaprill. It's about Howard hughes and go at.
Speaker 1: Least I'm not that bad. Yes, for sure, you feel a lot better about anxiety.
Speaker 2: Is very tricky for me because I don't consider myself an anxious person. I don't necessarily understand anxiety, and I do I'm a firm believer in most of the stuff you worry about is it going to happen anyway, So you're wasting energy worrying about it and then not even have to deal with it. So for me, I think you should probably and with most most anxious people, and my wife is pretty anxious. So identifying triggers is a big thing. Like if you find yourself going down the rabbit hole and start thinking about stuff too much, like you have to try to derail your and distract your thought process.
Speaker 1: I think that's a big part. So like if you could just.
Speaker 2: Either start on a podcast and listen to us, or you know, you know, watch out, put on music, watch a TV, do something that stops you from sitting there and getting going.
Speaker 1: I know the hardest part is at night, when you're laying in bed. That's an anxiety.
Speaker 2: Yeah, comes firing up the most for people you know, or social anxiety if they're coming out into a crowd. But I would just say, know your triggers, try to identify them and try to find your your ways to deal with them and relinquish them.
Speaker 3: But to your point, it's like, what what does not make you anxious?
Speaker 4: Right right?
Speaker 1: Where do you find solace? Like?
Speaker 3: And then examine that? It's like, why don't I feel anxiety with X y Z, but ABC does give me anxiety? And it's like I think if you can almost like reverse engineer it and go to it and go why am I not with this?
Speaker 1: But with this social tick, perhaps I am right?
Speaker 3: And I think if you can examine that and kick kind of granular with it, I think you could.
Speaker 1: Find the answers within yourself.
Speaker 3: Or to your point as well, it's like I don't get anxious when I'm cooking, but I do get anxious when I'm focusing on my bills. Yes, well, then maybe you could focus on your bills while you're cooking, you know, I don't know, just like finding some middle ground. That's a great tweet of behavior trait where you don't have it, and and and maybe kind of offset or off put it in a healthy way.
Speaker 1: That's great. That's a really good advice. There.
Speaker 3: God, I did it. I did it. It should be called Steve and another cool mom. I have all the answers. I'm the best. I really am.
Speaker 1: The best at this.
Speaker 3: Give me more.
Speaker 1: Can we put up a quick tally? Yeah, just good advice. Good advice Joe, which is chacking, and good advice Steve. And let's see where we end up.
Speaker 3: All the people that took my advice that are major successes that you know, scrub Daddy could talk to me, got him situated.
Speaker 1: We want to hear from you guys. Okay, listen, this is what we're going to ask you to do.
Speaker 3: The last person Joe talked to was the kid?
Speaker 1: Was it? Luis g Mangio? Op it. We gotta have to cut that too.
Speaker 2: What I'm not gonna say that I talked to a guy who killed someone.
Speaker 1: You don't you gave him advice?
Speaker 3: He said on my neck cart it's like, this is what you gotta do. That's I saw you guys.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm the as Yeah you are okay, but I still love you. The thing to remember is I don't have muscle memory. I have muscle amnesia. Listens, cool moms, Uh, this is it. Remember to write in with your problems. You gotta Where can they find.
Speaker 3: A Stevie to cool Mom's podcast?
Speaker 1: Nope?
Speaker 3: No, cool Mom's pod at gmail dot com.
Speaker 1: Take it again?
Speaker 4: Ready?
Speaker 1: Where could they find a Stevie too cool Mom's pod at gmail dot com.
Speaker 4: That's right or false?
Speaker 1: On Instagram at tochool Mom's pod. Great work, today's amazing work. By the way, your touring constantly all the time.
Speaker 2: You could find tickets at Joe gattoofficial dot com.
Speaker 1: Just go down to the link in the bio. Get it so wards, guys, love it.