Speaker 1: What's going on is Travis Thompson and you can catch me on the Bootleg CAV podcast.
Speaker 2: Bootleg cav Podcast. We got a special guest here, my guy all the way from I forget what part of the Seattle area.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm technically from Beeran in Washington.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's what I said.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Seattle shit, yeah, hell yeah, hell yeah.
Speaker 2: Welcome sir. You got a new project out with Jake One, who's another Seattle Legends and White Teas.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, he's bro. It's not like, yeah, it's a legendary moment.
Speaker 2: Bro, how were you able to put like I just feel like he's like an elusive figure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, he is kind of like tucked in the crew. But now, like he I remember he tapped in way back early because he thought it was funny we were representing Brian. There was like one part of the city and the same part. No, he's from He's from like the central district, Seattle, and that's like where most of the rappers were from. But then someone was repping Beering. He thought that she was tight, so he like came out to a show hella hello early. So he's done a few beats for me. Over the years, but then like we just go to like random like Seahawk games or like to a wal a show together or something, you know what I'm saying. Like, so it's just it's been the homie for a while and then decided to do it. Hey fee me, were.
Speaker 2: You like, did you ever listen to White Van music back?
Speaker 1: And then oh yeah, hell yeah everyone did and they still played like I was just at the All Star Game they played Whitevan music like at the stadium ship Yeah, like they still got love for Jake going up there.
Speaker 2: How many people were at the All Star Games?
Speaker 1: It was it was all the way sold out.
Speaker 2: I just don't know about you know, I didn't hear like there's.
Speaker 1: No hip hop buzz about here a baseball hater.
Speaker 2: Well, there's no hip hop buzz about the Baseball All Star.
Speaker 1: Twenty Yeah, Jack Carlow did, like the of course Jack Carlow in the twenty No, he wasn't there, but they played can hold Real Question times? It was two chains there too? Short?
Speaker 2: Was there was a little baby there? No, little baby was not there. It was Dirk there.
Speaker 1: No, there was some very popular YouTubers, Yeah for sure. Yeah, I don't know. It was cool there was a Eggar Martinez was there. Man Felix Hernandez was there. That's all I needed.
Speaker 2: Man King Griffy, King Griffy was there for like all weekend doing all the ship. It was like, I feel like, if the All Star Game is in Seattle, King Griffy Junior has to be everywhere, like yo, yeah, no, he.
Speaker 1: He was everywhere it you roll back in Japan. No, he's in Seattle.
Speaker 2: He lives there.
Speaker 1: I believe he's part of the coaching staff. He'd be shown up to the games like fully suited up, bro, and I'm like, just hop in there, bro, like a signature never from each year. He's hard.
Speaker 2: Do you ever get any signatures?
Speaker 1: Yeah, hell yeah. I went to my I had like a Risch homie back in the day who took me to No, yeah, his name is not going, but he took me to Peoria, Arizona for the spring train training. Yeah. So I got a bunch of signatures back then. I got like that, like a Dan Wilson signature and ship like you know what I'm saying, like exactly like a bunch of old ass mariners. Never each year old because he like didn't like doing spring trainings.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're you're really with the ship.
Speaker 1: I'm really a Mariner fan, man. Unfortunately, it's it's hard. It's a hard life. So rank your Seattle fandom rankage. Probably go like Mariners one Hawk's Yeah. I mean I was obviously a Sonics fan, but they left when I was like what eight or nine, so it's like I never really like I went to like four or five games. They might come back, you know. I think they definitely are coming back because the hockey team had to do well for the for them, the cracking and the cracking lit name and lit low bro and they and they went hell of far this season and they're like a second year expansion team.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the there there. I think that that's one of the hardest names. Crack.
Speaker 1: But I'm telling you, it's fire in the stadium. Is the arena is fire, bro? Like it's the cracking are lit.
Speaker 2: What about the hockey or there's the soccer teams that the sound Sounders?
Speaker 1: Yeah it probably yeah, probably go like Mariners, Seahawks, Sonics and then Cracking and Sounders.
Speaker 2: Damn ye, you're fucking with the team that ain't even there.
Speaker 1: I know, is over this hockey. Yeah, look, dang man, I'm just not a hockey guy, but I fuck with the cracking though, like that it's a fire stadium.
Speaker 2: I'd rather fuck with the cracker than the crack, for sure.
Speaker 1: The cracking, bro, Yeah, the cracking is crazy. They have the biggest dragon come down every game. And what is a cracking? Is it octopus? Yeah? Or like I said, draggon, I'm high. Do you think it's like octopus?
Speaker 2: Seattle has the best seafood.
Speaker 1: I think Seattle definitely has the freshest seafood, But a lot of it is bullshit, bro. A lot of these like people come to town all the time trying to like get like like I want to need some salmon, bro, And I'm like these restaurants this is like farm salmon and they're just plating and giving it to you hell and nice. Like this is not like so where do you go?
Speaker 2: Do you have to go to the market.
Speaker 1: You gotta go to the markets and just get some fresh salmon or even Costco got better salmon than like half these good restaurants, expensive restaurants.
Speaker 2: Because there's like that popular fish market.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, Pipe Place market. Yeah, but I've been there once. That hell Mark shit is super cracking, bro, no, no pun intendant, but yeah no, no, it's in Seattle, though, you gotta get like karaoke, Like, bro, you ever heard of Seattle kariokey.
Speaker 2: I've had tarayaki from Like you know.
Speaker 1: You've never had karaoke down bro, Like there's Seattle KARAOKEI is like it's its own thing and it's the best tariokey. Well makes it unique because it's like it was made by like Japanese immigrants to Seattle. So it's like it's like it's its own thing. Like you can't get it anywhere else in the country, I promise you, like no other TARIOKEI is like good, Uh you're fully independent now, yeah, I am fully infinitive.
Speaker 2: I mean you were.
Speaker 1: I mean I'm rocking with STEM. I'm rocking with STEM. So it's like it's just like a distrus. Yeah I heard.
Speaker 2: It's like a very uh interesting like the approach to distribution.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's dope, bro. It's really it's almost like venture capitalism but like music, but it's dope bro. Like it's real. It's still independent ship though, like it's no money going in there.
Speaker 2: People can invest in your music. Yeah, Like if I was like I got twenty grand and put in on this project.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I mean, I don't work it like that. I'm not like the wrestleror nothing, but like yeah, like the yeah, no, no for sure. I'm just saying like I don't know how that nah, But it's it's really it's just like giving putting money up for a project and then like a very small amount they have to make back and then they're good to go, and then they don't make money.
Speaker 2: On it forever, which is a great deal.
Speaker 1: It's a fire deal. Bro. It's like I love it's them as cool as fuck. They let me like they don't. They just do whatever we asked. Really, how do you how do you like? Uh?
Speaker 2: Because you were on Epic for.
Speaker 1: I was like Epic for like two and a half years. Yeah shit, yeah it was. It was it was a minute, but yeah, no it was tight. I'm not complaining about it. I would never say like they did me wrong by any means. But it's just a slow process, bro, Like I can't especially if like it to a label. Bro, everything is like has to be swinging for the fence like this is the next thing, and it's like, bro, I'm not even asking for hell of money to endo this song. Let's just let me put songs out and then we can I just put out some shited exact and it was just static every time, and I'm like, this feels antiquated. Bro, this is not a formula for especially if you came in to the label releasing doing something that boy frequently doing something that works, and then you stop doing that and everyone's like, why why isn't it working? Dude? Like you know what I'm saying, Like, but I'm it was good people and the shit, it was just a slow process, bro, Like, I can't do it no more guts.
Speaker 2: App the interviews say about our goo folks at odd Socks, Baby, yeah, shot to odd Socks. Now, this is what I love about odd Sox one. They're family, we love them. But also they have the most comfortable socks in the fucking world.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: Now, look they got the craziest licenses. You see the Jolly Rancher these are actually flies fuck some dorito socks. Uh. They got the WWE license, which is just my absolute favorite. And then personally my favorite is the odd Socks basics. Now, these are just the basic socks. So these are in my bag because I'm taking these. I love these odd socks basics. These are literally the most comfortable socks in the world. All right, These are just the Plaine guys, all right. Also, they got the scarface, they got the Godfather, and they have underwear. What are we talking about? What are these two XL Reese's pieces. You know, if somebody was gonna wear some Reese's underwear, I'd assume they'd be a two x on the size. You know, shouts to the Ghostbusters. Look so much going on on odd socks. What you gotta do is go to odd socksofficial dot com, use that promo code Bootleg, and you will save twenty percent off at checkout. All right, it don't matter what you're into. They got all the licenses Coca Cola. You could be a pepsi guy. Instead, they got both. You know what I'm saying. You're into maybe some anime, they got all the anime licenses. They got Naruto. They also got they just rolled out the new Power Rangers Transformers. All that odd socksofficial dot com. Use the promo code Bootleg save twenty percent off right now. Oh my goodness, let me tell you something. The best part about my Bookie is not only is it the best sports book period. I mean, look, we're in the middle of baseball season, and baseball season is big money season. If you are a gambler, you know, baseball is where you get thissh money. All right. Not only that, but they got the full fledged casino going on. All right, I'm telling you last night, I'm on my bookie, I'm playing Roulette with a lady. I'm looking at the lady. She's on video. She's rolling the wheel. It's a movie. All right. They got blackjack, they got whatever you're into, blackjack, craps man, all kinds of slots. Some of these slot games are so fun.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: Listen, everything you want all on one site, MyBookie dot Ag. This is the best part. When you sign up with our promo code Bootleg, not only do you help us out, but you help yourself out because you're gonna get that first deposit bonus money to gamble with immediately free once you sign up my Bookie dot Ag. Used the promo code Bootleg, get the first deposit bonus. Right now, let's get back into the interview. All right. So the album with Jake One is out YEP, and what's it called.
Speaker 1: It's called Wolves and White Tees. Yeah. But we got hell the Ship coming out, Like, I got another album with this guy named Nemas Schemes who's done a bunch of my like og music. We got another one coming out very soon. I'm just about to like run it up.
Speaker 2: Bro, You're gonna run it up.
Speaker 1: Put a bunch of me and Logic are working on some ship you in Logic. Yeah, he's about to produce some the tape for me. Bro.
Speaker 2: Logic is actually people don't know. He's like really like firefucking he's adult producer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, bro like.
Speaker 2: And by the way, his last album might be his I mean I loved his first album so much, but this last album might be his best album.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Bro, No, he's rapping. Bro.
Speaker 2: He's on his ship.
Speaker 1: He's on his ship. Bro Like. Yeah, he's cool. He's cool. Fuck you just took us on the out for a few shows. It was type Yeah.
Speaker 2: His fans are crazy to like, does he like try to like convince you to play video games against him so he can embarrass you.
Speaker 1: No, but he I will save he asked me. I went to the studio back in the day, and he asked me if I played chess, and I was like nah, and he was like it was definitely like I've never seen someone so bummed that to find out, you know what I'm saying. He was just like, oh, I fucked with Bro. You are hell you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 1: I was like, damn, Bro, Like.
Speaker 2: We can't play you know. Bro.
Speaker 1: You know it's crazy though, because we played the shows with him, and my photographer was like, yo, do you want to play chess? Like, oh, let's pay chess right now, and he busts out a board and They're just playing chess like like that, and I'm like, Damn, these guys really do this ship.
Speaker 2: You know. He's serious about that, and uh, I feel like he's in.
Speaker 1: Video game ship. But I'm not a video game I know. I look I feel like I look like a video.
Speaker 2: Definitely looks like you've played a lot of games in your life.
Speaker 1: Jesus Christ. Yeah, No, I'm not a video game guy at all, Bro, like at all this that window. I mean, I played like Skate three and GTA for fun.
Speaker 2: But right, but you're not like you were never like a gamer. Fuck No, just chogging mountain dew at the house. No, dude, I'm fat off like save My parents are chefs. I'm fat off like savory food. So it's like you grew up in a house with good food.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I just ate a lot of it.
Speaker 2: And then the pizza place by your house. What's the pizza Wow?
Speaker 1: How do you fucking know? That's crazy?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Pizza gallery? Are you? Yeah? They threw What's funny is they threw out the first pitch at that.
Speaker 2: All Star game the pizza place.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they won, like a contest for like the best restaurant or some ship.
Speaker 2: See, that's why nobody wants to go to the Baseball Star Gage.
Speaker 1: A fucking hater, because there's fucking pizza restaurants.
Speaker 2: Throw it out the first pitch.
Speaker 1: White Man, Why is it fucking contest?
Speaker 2: Why can't Macklamore throw out the first pitch? Fuck?
Speaker 1: He's done it a few times. He should do it every time. Did you see my first pitch? Though? No, it was fucking fire. It was right.
Speaker 2: Why I didn't see it because if it was horrible, I would have I would have probably heard about.
Speaker 1: It, So I should have threw it out.
Speaker 2: Like that ship was viral for like a month. Yeah, you should have hit tried to hit somebody.
Speaker 1: But Bro, I take this baseball shit seriously. Bro, like this is that's I think that's what I want to do. You should have.
Speaker 2: Faked an injury, like you like went to throw it and you like threw out your pelvis or something like. Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, that would have went viral for sure. I thought I was finna like Henry Roland Gardner and just get like a ten day contract or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know who that is.
Speaker 1: You ever seen Rookie of the Year?
Speaker 2: Mm hm? Is that what.
Speaker 1: I think? Thee where the kid gets called the rookie right, No, it's Rookie of the Year. Oh are you talking about the kid's movie where he pushed with the Cubs.
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was trying to get the ten day contract. Man. That's one of my favorite baseball movies.
Speaker 2: Man, But sand Lot's the best one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think Sandlin's the overall best one. But I think Rookie of the Year I think. No, I think, well, sand Lo's the best kids baseball movie, but I think Bull Durham is the best baseball movie. Angel in the Outfield, Yeah, it's cool. That One's basic though?
Speaker 2: Is that the one with the Chris Lloyd the Angels. Yeah, they don't even know.
Speaker 1: Who Chris Lloyd is. Jesus Christ.
Speaker 2: Christopher Lloyd, the guy who plays fucking the old Man in the Back to the Future.
Speaker 1: Oh oh yeah, I think that is him. Yeah, yeah, slot sad that's the one though. That's my generation.
Speaker 2: Minor league was Fire's Minor League with Charlie Sheen about the Cleveland Indians.
Speaker 1: And I'm not trying to try to baseball movie.
Speaker 2: Bro, it's fucking from nineteen ninety. It's so fire. It's gotta be weak, and they're like and they're like fucking terrible, like like this team sucks. It's like a team full of like fucking reads. It'd be like if you put like a bunch of I don't know what's what's what's the show Eastbounding Down about the baseball guy'd be like, if a team full of those, do you ever watch He's pounding down?
Speaker 1: No, Jesus Christ, I'm not tapped in, Bro.
Speaker 2: Eastbounding Down is the best baseball show ever.
Speaker 1: It's on HBOS a baseball show.
Speaker 2: It's and it's on HBO. It's starring Danny McBride and it's fucking hilarious. This is recent This is like two tho. It's what put him on.
Speaker 1: That's what put him on.
Speaker 2: Eastbounding Down was like six seasons of comedic greatness on HBO.
Speaker 1: Oh, I didn't even know.
Speaker 2: He plays like this old, washed up fucking like like he had like a stint when he was like a good picture, but then he like fucking crashed out, started doing drugs, started beating people up, like wasn't it avoids and ship. Then he finds himself like playing like minor league baseball in Mexico.
Speaker 1: Okay, Ben, that sounds fire though.
Speaker 2: He's just like a piece of ship. And then he goes and he has to go back to his He goes and lives with his little brother. So he's like, you know, he's like this big superstar Kenny. They call him Kenny Powers. His name is Kenny Powers. But now he lives with his little brother. He's doing like these like shitty like car dealership autograph signings and Will Ferrell runs the car dealership.
Speaker 1: What the fuck? Yeah, I've never seen this ship. I fuck with Danny McBride too.
Speaker 2: Dude, it's what the fuck one of the best comedic shows.
Speaker 1: I just started watching that Righteous Gemstone ship that he's into fuck that. You don't fuck with it.
Speaker 2: No, it's good. No, but listen, you have to turn that off and watch down because that means you have you have you have HBO that Max. Yeah, you have Max. Yeah, you just have to go on Max and type in eastbounding down. No, I promise you, I'm about to do that because it is fucking like it's the best. It's like probably the best comedic show. It's like that or or Curby Enthusiasm in the last like two.
Speaker 1: You think it's like that good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's so fucked good. Bro, you like baseball and you like Danny McBride. It's like and it's like super like it was like it was popping like right before this cancel culture shit like ruin TV and ruin movies.
Speaker 1: You know that's how you feel.
Speaker 2: So it's like a great like great offensive, just harsh comedy. Will Ferrells, executive producer.
Speaker 1: Okay, bet okay, yeah, no, I'm taped in. I'm taped in. Okay, bet.
Speaker 2: Hey, let's stop the interview real quick to tell you about our good folks at King Palm. That's right, man, shout out to King Pom. We're talking about them. But that organic, all right, that natural raal them leafs, all right, there's no tobacco involved, and they're so smooth when you smoke in them. I love King pomps. The only thing I'm smoking at him.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: If you go to your local liquor store, you go to your local smoke shop, you can get King Poms. Of course seven eleven's got the King Poms, and they have so many crazy flavors, like shout out to Sugar Sean who's from Phoenix, Arizona, my hometown. He's got his own flavor. They just sent us these. Now, what's dope about King Palm is that they have the the turping infused flavors. So at the end of the tip of these pre rolls, right, you get the leaf, you squeeze the tip, that's what she said, and then you just get a burst of flavor. This is that honey mango all right. Now, this is the most important part. This is absolutely natural, tobacco free leafs, the cleanest way to smoke, all right. Trust me when I say, man, we love King pom over here. So many flavors. I mean, shout out to the grape, shouts to the honey mango, shouts to the sugar punch right here. You know what I'm saying. Look, if you go to Kingpom dot com right now, you can get hooked up with everything you need at fifty percent off if you use the promo code bootleg or bootleg keV. Try either one of those. I forget which one it is. It's bootleg or it's bootleg keV.
Speaker 1: You know what.
Speaker 2: The correct promo code will be down below. Use the one that's down here. Kingpom dot com. Get fifty percent off right now. Shout out to king Palm. Also when a shout out to our good folks at Blue Chew Baby, shout out to blue Choo. Now, this what's going on with blue Choo?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 2: Everybody keeps asking me this blue Choo work? Yes, it works, but don't take my word for it. You're gonna get a month for free when you go to blue Choo dot com and you use the promo code bootleg a month for free.
Speaker 1: Now, what is blue Cheoe? Fellas?
Speaker 2: If you're dealing with the rectile dysfunction, Fellas, if your dick is not getting as hard as you'd like it to, maybe for your wife. Oh, I don't know. Listen all you gotta do is go to blue choo dot com and has the same active ingredients as viagra and sialis, but it's getting delivered to you in a chewable form right to your door, in discrete packaging, and you do not have to go into a doctor's office to get blue cheo. You go to blue choo dot com, you use the promo code bootleg. You get a month's supply delivered to your door discretely, of course, discreetly, no doctor's appointments, no going and leaving your house and seating in a lobby and waiting for some you know lady to call you in so you could tell her how your cock's not working properly. It happens, fellas, all right, blue shoot dot com take my word for it. Also take their word for it, because they're gonna give you a month's supply for free. Just fight dollars shipping bouetchoo dot com promo cool boot Like, Oh, let's get back to the interview. There it is.
Speaker 1: We'll look go get the album. Oh yeah, go get the album for real.
Speaker 2: Is there gonna be any like you guys doing any vinyl or anything?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, we're definitely planning on doing a vinyl because you know, the hip the rappings, fans want the vinyl shit for real. That's like the bread and butter for these guys.
Speaker 2: And then you're do you know when the next albums coming out with your boy or something?
Speaker 1: Yeah, this fall, so probably like September October, we're ready to go.
Speaker 2: Man, Like show coming up in Seattle.
Speaker 1: I got, yeah, I got. I'm in like Bellingham for a festival this weekend. You fem me, but yeah, no, we're We're touring for real. Then the fall, like I'm going on a headline tour, I believe.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just just a few, a few days. So I'm saying down the West coast, Denver, Phoenix, then hit over to like New York. They love you in Phoenix. They do love me in Phoenix. That's like we besides Seattle, we do the biggest shows in Phoenix.
Speaker 2: They love you. Man. There's a lot of numbers out there love Native homies, be like Yo with Travis Damn.
Speaker 1: Right, damn right, Arizona's home, Bro, it's night we should move there. I might. I might. I saw how futuristic was living and I was like, oh yeah, I'm too bro because he has the two houses next. Yeah, he's hard. Bro. It's hard. And he was like the Sun's rapper when I went out there.
Speaker 2: So he had the.
Speaker 1: Sweet he had the sweet, bro, he was hard bro, he was living. I was like, damn this asy.
Speaker 2: I don't think that. Do you think the Mariners would make you the Mariners rapper?
Speaker 1: I hope so, I hope that one day. No, yeah, no, one day they'll make me the rapper there. I don't think. I don't think they're into like having a rapper like just Macklimore. Yeah, I think Maclamore could definitely be the Mariner's rapper if he wanted.
Speaker 2: But do you think Maclamore ever be the mayor of Seattle? I think he genuinely wants to do that, But I think he could do it. I think he could.
Speaker 1: I think, well, I think we've learned that anyone can do and not the disrespect then, but anyone could be.
Speaker 2: Amazed fair Also, like Mackamore is one of the nicest human beings I've ever met, so the sweetest give a fuck about the city, No, for sure, I might. I might vo for Zamie just dropped this very slept on, very fire.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, hell, yeah, that's worked on it.
Speaker 2: So yeah for one hundred percent. Man, Well appreciate you pulling up. We're gonna have your freestyle separate video.
Speaker 1: Let's do it.
Speaker 2: Travis Thompson boom, Hey, this interview is brought to you by our good folks at hard Dean. All right, shout out to the hard Dean family in Las Vegas. Makes you follow them. Hardan Underscore Las Vegas the number one dispensary period all right, the craziest selection of premius premium cannabis you can ask for. Plus when you go to Hardean Las Vegas dot com, you can check out all the other cool stuff that got going on. You know, they got a whole weed university happening in Vegas. Hardean is where it's at, all right. So if you're in Las Vegas, you get into that taxi cab, you say, take me to hard Dean, and when you get there, you tell them wonderful bud Tenders that I sent you and they're gonna take care of you. Hardan Underscore Las Vegas. Go follow them, and yeah, we got another interview coming soon