Speaker 1: What up everybody has everybody doing today. We appreciate everybody for coming out tonight, ce those the VIP that that paid to come in, and then everyone who just showed up. I know how much this our guests means to this city. That's why it was important for me to get him out here. I mean, I've been working the Kings for the last two years and I still see fifty five everywhere, so it's only right to bring one of the originators out here.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, well again, man, thank you guys for coming all the Smoke Live show. If you gotta drink, let's hold it up real quick and get get a community. Cheers to everybody. We get this ship going, man, cheers, appreciate you man. Are your pain be champagne?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Jay, and you better be drinking water back there, boy, I'm watching you. Yeah say.
Speaker 3: Let let me say this before we start too. This is a guest on our show, but this is our brother. So I'm finna be kind of an asshole because I didn't play with I didn't get a chance to play with him, you know what I mean. I wanted to head somebody I look up to one of the best passes players. Point guards in the game. But I've sponned some time with him, but we didn't get a chance to talk much. So I got a lot of questions as a fan for my brother today, So stay tuned.
Speaker 2: I got a chance to play with him.
Speaker 1: And the only thing you don't like is you coming up to him why he's eating and try to touch his hands.
Speaker 2: Jay, don't play that all right? Man, Well, this is just another life episode of all the smoke.
Speaker 1: This is our wether. It's our second or third third live episode. We've had Magic Johnson. Who else had that? It's our second, right?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Magic? Oh, KG was the originator. Yeah, we did.
Speaker 1: KG back at all start seventeen eighteen, maybe in Chicago. Then we have Magic Johnson around Christmas. Now we got Bubbs. Yeah, well let's get this shit started.
Speaker 2: Man. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well he doesn't really need an introduction, but we're gonna introduce him anyway. Man, welcome to the show, Jason Williams, that's yours, bro.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Well, tell us what it feels like. You came in last night, did a little bit, got a chance to see the game.
Speaker 2: You were there when Arco.
Speaker 1: Was rocking three straight playoff appearances, from your rookie er to your third year.
Speaker 2: What's it like to be back in sack?
Speaker 4: Honestly, Bro, I think it was more rocking last.
Speaker 2: Night than it was.
Speaker 4: Really.
Speaker 2: It was crazy last night, wasn't it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was rocking last night, Yeah, for sure. And the wind definitely helped. Yeah, but nah, they might be a little bit better than we were too bout in the day.
Speaker 2: You think so, the team or the fans both? Really? Yeah, you think.
Speaker 1: Let's get to it, man, I mean, talk talk about that team. It was you, it was it was bloody body.
Speaker 2: Doug was there early.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there was a young heater right you guys came in the same he came in after you, right after me. Okay, we'll talk about that team and what kind of fun I'm Webb. Used to tell me stories about you hiding under the bus on the way back from the airport, like Jay was the jokester. But tell us about off the court and then obviously how that translated on the.
Speaker 4: Court ship hiding. I wouldn't hide nothing. They put me under the bus hiding.
Speaker 1: So they put you on the underneath the bus where the where where the luggage goes from from the airport to the back of preciacility.
Speaker 4: Look, it was in Boston. We get off the plane and the snow was hoised in barrels bro on the runway, right.
Speaker 2: Uh huh.
Speaker 4: Not only did I have to ride, I had to put the backs in there first and then get in there with the put yourself in there. Yeah, talk about where's j WILLI J Will's coming here straight colding the mug under there.
Speaker 2: But what was that?
Speaker 1: Obviously you guys had a lot of fun off the court, but what was that team like on the court? I mean again, you guys brought so much excitement the connection that you and Web had.
Speaker 2: But talk about that team and just in general.
Speaker 4: It was it was fun just because we did stuff like that off the court, and I think that makes you a better team when especially when the pressures, when the pressure's on, just just trusting one another and trusting the coach. The coach let us get away with a lot of stuff like that too, So so that made it a lot.
Speaker 2: Easier on everybody too.
Speaker 4: Bell West, I'm kind of nervous about these questions.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Bail West, Virginia.
Speaker 2: One thousand people in your hometown.
Speaker 3: Everybody can probably uh.
Speaker 2: Tell me about your hometown. And the birth of white chocolate.
Speaker 4: Bro Well, you pretty much just told everybody about it, Brook, one thousand people whatever. But you know, it wasn't much going on.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 4: Where I'm from, it's like the white folks live right here and in the high school, and then the black folks, you know what I'm saying. So I spent most of my times on the.
Speaker 2: Back side, hence the name.
Speaker 4: But at the same time, Brod, I had fun on the other side too, you know what I'm saying. But it was it is what it is, man, And back then, when I was growing up, I thought it was the greatest thing in the world, you know, Bell West Virginia. But looking back now, bro going back there, there's not much there. It is what it is.
Speaker 3: Bro Well, a compliment I can give to you is you are the best of both worlds.
Speaker 2: Bro You are the best of both for us.
Speaker 3: And if we had to find somebody to come from both cultures that represented the right way, it would be you.
Speaker 2: Though.
Speaker 4: I appreciate that, appreciate that.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 3: So when we talk about bags, we talk about your game. The different moves you have in your game, the passes, the handles that you know, the different aspects of different excitement you can to the game. A lot of superstars that come along that we talk about top ten, top twenty players, a lot of them didn't have bags. They were stars that had games, but they didn't have too much in the bag. We consider you wanted people that have the ultimate bag. How did that start? What did that come? What did that start at?
Speaker 4: Brou I had great teammates, Brouh. You know, I think I had a big bag, but doubtful. It's like, you know, when I reached in that bag, I had teammates that helped me, helped me, help me, made you look good for sure, bro. Like they caught a lot of bad passes and finished them. Jones too, you know, so so you know I got I got a lot of a lot of complaints about turning the ball over and shit like that. There's been a lot more of them dudes good enough to.
Speaker 1: Catch them, jont But that's the we'red that style of play for you come because I mean, there's only been you could probably name them five guys on your hand in the history of the game to really have the kind of flare and imagine nation that you have.
Speaker 2: But when did went did that start? Junior high before high school has some big hands. He catched anything. Yeah, bar, I'm thinking, Bro.
Speaker 4: As soon as I started playing, it was like I was so much smaller than everybody. When I used to hoop, especially on the playground, I couldn't get the shot off, so I had to had to find ways to get picked up. Bro, if you lost, you had to set out. I'm thinking, if I'm losing, I'm trying to get picked up right away because I'm passing you the bay. You're getting all the shots right. And it worked so But when I worked out on my own though, I was on my own right.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: I think kids nowadays lose a lot of their imagination, bro, because they was a trainer all day telling them what to do for fifteen minutes.
Speaker 2: We're gonna do this in fifteen minutes.
Speaker 4: I'm in the gym like by myself, brou like beating presses, gunning across half court, picking the ball up. Now I'm getting trapped. I'm trying to all kind of crazy ass pivots and shit like that, just because I know I'm gonna get stuck in the game one time and I might need that crazy ass pivot. They're not teaching them crazy ass pivots nowadays, But there ain't nobody doing what I did either nowadays.
Speaker 2: Where did the style come from?
Speaker 3: The like you know the sub that they say the South has a style, the West Coast has a style, East Coast? How did you create your style of basketball? Because they ain't. No, it's not a Rucker style. You brought that style to the NBA. Everybody could do that, y'all. Quit quit sleeping on Bell. Bru's a Bell style.
Speaker 4: Bill one thousand of us, yeah, one thousand of y'alls.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, So.
Speaker 2: So one thousand people know what you're talking about.
Speaker 4: Of course they do, okay, and they all understand what I say all the time too.
Speaker 3: So speaking of that Randy Moss, you play high schoot ball with Randy Moss?
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure, y'all and both of.
Speaker 3: Y'all talking like I don't understand either one of y'all sometimes, But how is it like playing with one of the best receivers to ever play in the NFL on a basketball court.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna take it a step further than it's not just the best receiver. To me, I played with a lot of good athletes. Bruh's the best athlete I've ever been around. I mean, when I talk about athlete, I'm thinking, like, can he hoo? Can he throw a baseball? Can he sprint faster than you can? He jump higher than you can? He throw a fishing rod.
Speaker 2: Further than you?
Speaker 4: All that, bro, skip a rock you do every he gonna beat all y'all.
Speaker 2: He's gonna beat all y'all.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean that's that. Brandy Moss is definitely one of the best. But how was it playing basketball with him?
Speaker 2: It was good?
Speaker 4: You know, he was player of the year in basketball our years and I was playing a year in football. One year he was player year in basketball. But it's crazy. I wasn't did you play the football quarterback? Okay, you still throwing that thing, but I wasn't trying to get hit or nothing like that.
Speaker 2: You didn't like that out of bounds? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're putting your head down on nobody too. Fragile bro, keep them past clean. Yeah. And then our coach had Randy We had a punt return called Jesse James Blitz. Ten guys got one guy back. I'm the guy back right every time, because you know I have good hand, I'm gonna catch it. Run straight to the coach to get to play for the next time. One time I try to cut the bitch up up the sideline, clip me landed on the ball, knock the air out of me. I'm laying there coaching like that. I'm like, look, bro, you got Randy Moss on your team, you got me return these mother?
Speaker 2: How cold was he? I mean, make it makes sense, right.
Speaker 1: I mean, we get a chance to see highlight height of you guys in high school, and you just thrown it up there. But I don't really see much of him from a football standpoint in high school. What was he like as a receiver. I couldn't imagine what kind of cheat code that was.
Speaker 4: He was a receiver. He played, he never came off the field. He kicked off, he was played free safety. Then he would receive, and then he would kick the extra points and then and then if we had the punt. But he was punted a bitch too, Like I swear, I swear to be an all Star All NFL punter if you wanted to be right now today, Bro, today.
Speaker 2: You guys still stay in contact.
Speaker 4: A little bit, and he likes to fish. Brian, I don't get down with a fish.
Speaker 2: Okay, you don't play with him, that's not you.
Speaker 4: I ain't touching no fish or no worms or not everything like that.
Speaker 1: You were drafted during the lockout in ninety nine. When you first got to the Kings, what was your initial s thought? You went from a small town college coming to Sacramento and he expectations. Uh, you know, first impression of teammates.
Speaker 4: Man, it was great for me, you know, coming from Bell with all thousands of us, it's a lot more out here, bro.
Speaker 3: Cheers, cheers to bail, all thousands of yoch Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: No, but it was straight, man. I was just I was kind of worried about see Web, whatever his situation was. I didn't know no better, you know. So I was just happy to be in the league man, hooping and and trying to get the first pickup game mm hmm with Lawrence Thunderberg drinking some sea salt Waterlawrence Thunderbirk.
Speaker 1: I just said that, Laurence Thunderberg, I remember that. Hey, but Jay used to play. I seen one. I don't know if this is every time thing, but I was still in high school eithern college, and I came up there and fuck with Web one day. But Jay, did you used to play with no socks on? You in your shoes? He had no socks and just shorts. That's it, right, bro, that's that Bell shit. Bro, that's all you needed. But no, no, he didn't. You see people with all kinds of ship today. Jay had shoes on, no socks and shorts. That's all he needed.
Speaker 4: That's probably what my feet sucked up today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but speaking of feet, he got these Florida vibes. Jordon's on stopped playing. I gotta get a picture of them.
Speaker 4: You gotta give a shout out to them.
Speaker 2: Games to five gators on right now? Stop it. We didn't get a chance to talk about college. What was it? What was your experience like?
Speaker 1: You know, obviously you went from uh, Florida and you moved on.
Speaker 2: But what that first Florida experience like.
Speaker 4: For you, Florida was was was dope.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 4: It was like, like I said, I'm from Bell, little old town and I go to Gainesville games was not much bigger than Bill, but it's a little bit bigger. And it's the first time I've been away from home, and I got a little bit of trouble down there, but I did my thing.
Speaker 2: Did what I happened. It happens. Yeah, that's what it is.
Speaker 4: We all been in a little bit of trouble happened. Yeah, trouble fit in right. But everything worked out.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 4: It was the best thing. I wouldn't change nothing, Bro.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: So you get to the Kings, you guys go into the three straight years, you make the playoffs your first three years? What was it like kind of getting getting your footing in the NBA?
Speaker 4: I think I think it was a blessing in the skies that my first year with that lockout yere so we got only played fifty games and we were played back to back to back. We didn't have to come east but like maybe one time. So I think that was cool getting over with quick. I didn't really hit that rookie wall like all of us do.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: But again, my teammates were great, my coaching staff was great, and we really didn't have a backup point guard one of my rookie years, so I really could do what I wanted to do.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So what was no, I need it? I'm good. Yeah. What was it like playing? Uh?
Speaker 4: Working for adamman Adaman was great. Uh. The first game we played in the Alamo dunbe. I won't forget it. He told me before we came out of uh Uh for the game. He said, if you come down and throw behind the back pass and it goes out of bounds, he said, don't worry about it. Next time, try it with your left hand. So I'm thinking I'm gonna give coach Adiman all this bullshit that I received on some of these turnovers right because he gave me the green light. He gave you the okay, yeah.
Speaker 2: You always want to coach like that though, to ged Green.
Speaker 4: For sure, Yeah I had a green arm. I was gonna do it anyway on my weather.
Speaker 2: Coach. The motherfucker said, ton't care what color is light was.
Speaker 4: You don't have to set me down.
Speaker 2: That's all Kobe Bryant, you're one and two for you.
Speaker 3: Y'all lose to the Lakers two years in a row, and that's when they three Pete, what was being like killer?
Speaker 2: I mean, I mean, one of the best to ever do it. You know, it's just.
Speaker 4: You know, you know how it goes game plan for folks. You know, we game game plan for him, but the game plan for him is like, why we don't have to change every every possession because he's gonna figure it out, ain't gonna get it done. And and teams weren't getting through Shock and Kobe Bro when they wanted to play its just and they had great role players, they had a great coach and them two.
Speaker 3: They tell you to win your matchup. Though, you know when we got you gotta win your match up. I know you was looking your chips, looking at Derek fishing and uh.
Speaker 2: Harping all them. I know you feel like, man, I'm gonna have a great series.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, honestly, honestly, Bro, I never really looked at it like that. You know what I'm saying. I'm just trying to get in the paint and get the ball out to these shooters.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 4: But but they they had a better chance pissing in a hot sauce bottle.
Speaker 1: He said, they had a better chance of pissing in a hot sauce bottle. You know that crystal hole is like, yeah, they piss it all over that bottle anything, Hey, but.
Speaker 4: They came back down and throw it to Shock or give it the bean and they beat us.
Speaker 2: Though, Okay, we talked about Kobe. I mean what it was.
Speaker 1: It's crazy because you see people that obviously talk about the game now and Shaq's been so removed from the game, but he was in his prime when you guys are, what was Shaq like? Because obviously Kobe was incredible, but Shaq was a big, agile motherfucker who was stronger than the ox.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 4: Y'all saw how Scot Paul used to have his hair and ship like I had that man going crazy.
Speaker 2: Had to guard that dude, right like.
Speaker 4: I think Shack is the most dominant dude to ever play the game. He changed the rules, Bro, so facts another game plan. So what you gonna do, Bro, double team? For what I'm saying, so, and even if they do call charge, you ain't trying to go down there and double team because you don't want none of none of this. It ain't worth it.
Speaker 2: A concussion ain't worth us.
Speaker 4: It ain't worth it. I was saying about Brad Miller last night. I told my agent, I said, he's so lucky that Jack missed him when he played for he wouldn't be there today and.
Speaker 2: He just happened to duck. He didn't even know he was coming.
Speaker 4: And had no clue.
Speaker 1: We wouldn't know, We wouldn't even know Brad Miller. If that was the case, he wouldn't it should be down here.
Speaker 2: But that is true. That is true. That's true. We let it. We figured that out.
Speaker 3: So in the early two thousands, as you know, and as we know, and as I don't know, everybody liked to smoke a little bit of track, you know what I mean, indulge a little bit.
Speaker 2: But now the.
Speaker 3: Players, thanks to us and a couple of players, they can indulge for free.
Speaker 2: Now, what if when we played, we.
Speaker 3: Could just leave the game after hard for a game, blow one and relax and be ready, you know, to play for the next game.
Speaker 2: What if we could have done that?
Speaker 4: Don't get it twisted. You wasn't the only one doing that.
Speaker 2: Yeah no, no, y'all might have been worse than me.
Speaker 4: I mean, I don't know. I ain't ever seen nobody do it, so I don't know he was. Now I think Adam Silver got it right though he knows what time it is? Man, what's wrong with smoking? You know what I'm saying? It is what it is. It's better than y'all drinking.
Speaker 2: Bro there you go tell us Jack, it's better than pills too.
Speaker 3: It's better than all the pills they try to shove players after games to recover, right, I.
Speaker 4: Mean, shoot, I mean, do you, bro, don't worry about what's going over here.
Speaker 1: I remember the first time I golf of Jay in Orlando. It's a lie, say no lie.
Speaker 2: Eighteen holes.
Speaker 1: He probably smoked like nine little blunts and still was right at par, if not under. It was unbelievable, unbelievable. Like every other hole he had a new one, does he do it? But he was still on point, chipping, putt and driving. I was impressed because I used to smoke a lot of weed, and I'm just like, there's no way I could play golf this high.
Speaker 2: But it didn't even do nothing to him.
Speaker 4: Bell was so far ahead of call.
Speaker 2: Shout out Bell. All comes down to baby shot. That's where it came from.
Speaker 3: Hey, but I think you should have smoked, because golf is a hard sport. I think golf is luck to me, man. I think if you get high in though, if you hit the ball right, just hoping land where it's supposed to leave. Bro, I feel you, but it ain't luck.
Speaker 2: Some of some of you get the lucky bounces. Okay, okay, So what about the win and all that y'all can predict that. You gotta play it. You gotta play the win.
Speaker 1: Two thousand and two, Traded to the Memphis Grizzlies for Mike Baby. What was that experience like? Kind of learning the business of basketball?
Speaker 4: It sucked that first, you know, because I didn't really want to leave Sacramento. But but shout out to Bibby and the Kings. They got better when I got rid of me as a team, bro, in my eyes what I know about basketball, that team was better when they got rid of me. They had a better chance of beating the Lakers with Bibby just the way.
Speaker 3: Only real one we say that though most guys too much got too much pride to give another get props to another point guard coming after them, That says a lot about.
Speaker 2: You, bro.
Speaker 4: I'm just keep it real, bro, it is what it is, you know what I'm saying. But getting to the Grizzlies, it was I didn't think I could leave a better group here. But the teammates there went up left.
Speaker 2: Had a team too.
Speaker 3: You have a young pal who from a team and nobody smoked, but you to everybody smoking in Memphis.
Speaker 1: No hold, no, but that secondment there was there was some people in the doge not pubbliclyot them. No, you can't do it, No one could do it. That was doing pub talking about the ones we know who was doing it? You okay, go to Memphis. Everybody was in Memphis.
Speaker 2: Who's on that who's on that team? Know? Oh?
Speaker 4: Man? My first year there, Lorenz and right rescue.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Uh. One of the best screen setters I ever played with bro picking pop catch anything to couldn't jump over a nickel, but he gonna catch that. We had Swift over the building, God over the building.
Speaker 2: What was it like? Throwing lives at him? He didn't see him do some incredible ship bro.
Speaker 4: I used to just try to throw it over the back, just trying to throw at to see if he can get He got them all got.
Speaker 1: Google stro Male Swift though, if you don't know who he is when we leave, he was l s u Yes.
Speaker 2: On that team.
Speaker 4: I think Bondsy came in a year later show Yeah you can tell by his lips later, Man.
Speaker 2: Did you have was power yet there? Yeh?
Speaker 4: I came like like maybe the second year I was there.
Speaker 2: How cold was he his? He was real cold?
Speaker 4: From then he didn't really get to run like he should have QUB. I was Sydney low at first.
Speaker 1: How was when you finally got a chair to the you know, the great Hubie Brown? Uh so much basketball now that he's forgotten more basketball than we'll ever know. What was it like getting a chance to learn and play for him?
Speaker 4: Honestly?
Speaker 2: Bro?
Speaker 4: When when he got the job, I thought, oh damn, I'm in some trouble.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 4: Like, yeah, just because the way he talked about me when I got drafted, like this guy's hot garbage.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 4: Like I'm like, Bro, you don't even know me, Bro, you know what I'm saying. So, but when when he did get the job, we had to talk, Bros. I played for a lot of great coaches, Bro, but from top to bottom, Hube Brown was like the best. Like like maybe not, he wasn't the best x's and o's or community. He did communicate well, he just he let players be players, you know what I'm saying, and like you know them little things we have to do sometimes after practice, go mess with the season take holders and things like that. You know, I love you. He couldn't see out of one I couldn't here, bro, So it's a little all offt balance when you talk to him, you have to be like right here, bro, like.
Speaker 2: Right here, like old.
Speaker 1: No, he said he couldn't see out of this iron here, out of this ear, so you had to like you have to you have to have to top your head and get right to him.
Speaker 4: Yeah. But but he wouldn't make us do nothing stuff like that, you know, the organization making Yeah, y'all gotta go do this for two hours, like oh.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, my guys need to go on. They need to take care of their family, they need to pay their bills. You didn't have to go do any of the NBA cares, bro.
Speaker 4: He wouldn't have any He wasn't having shut out huge, huge, because that ship is the worst.
Speaker 2: That would be a cush up of wiz in the studio.
Speaker 3: The only time we really cared about it, I'm gonnakeep it real with you. I'll pint out some inside game. The only time we cared about doing the NBA care stuffhen was going to the hospital and talk to kids that was sick or underprivileged.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, People that was going through stuff that they couldn't control. All this week.
Speaker 3: Yeah, in hospitals, we cared about that, but all the other ship grown motherfuckers who were healthy, got jobs and ship.
Speaker 2: I don't want to spend the time with you. Spend the time with these kids. That that's that's struggling, right.
Speaker 3: Let's give them our time instead of people who walk around have got more money than me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And they put all them balls and in the locker room outside in the whole gym, you know what I'm saying, and like that, and they selling it.
Speaker 2: They giving half of them away and selling the other ones.
Speaker 1: He's fifty five jerseys, brother, Okay, how many of them did you signing your day?
Speaker 4: I don know, bro, Just give me a nickel for each one, Broo, we'd all be straight.
Speaker 2: That we all be straight?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: Any Jerry West stories obviously the West West Virginia. He was a GM at the time of the Memphis Go ahead. You had a beer too, because that was Jerry Russ just said. Jerry West said, Russ, we broken drinking. So he's gonna be a good show. Let's go. I think, okay with Jerry West because j Jerry Russ Jay shook his head like he knew what I was talking about, So it must it might be you.
Speaker 4: I knew what its Listen, I'm from baill Bro. I can understand all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, anything comes down to where you're from.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Jerry West now the logo, I mean he's he grew up across the river from Bell Bro East Bank, West Virginia. Our high school. Yeah, look, look, Jerry West grew up across the river from Bell That's right, Okay, our high schools consolidated about I don't know about thirty years ago, right, okay, But a good story about Jerry West. You know, you know me, You played with me, you know what time it is in the locker room and stuff with No, well, yeah you're not. Yeah, so I get fined or something like, I don't know what for what, But Jerry West gonna march his little ass done.
Speaker 2: In my locker way over there. He gotta walk all the.
Speaker 4: Way across right hand me to hand me, to hand me the lu I just th the bitch man. I don't care nothing about that.
Speaker 2: Fine, keep strong to pos. He ain't like that at all, Bro.
Speaker 4: So then I got suspended like five games that find her from that? Yeah, that that one hurts.
Speaker 2: So you what was the fine for originally? That you didn't give? Really for good? A fuck about he was probably like twenty twenty five. What it was, brother? It was?
Speaker 4: It was when I said, uh, that we suck.
Speaker 2: Well, I thought.
Speaker 4: Everybody thinks the Hawks were the worst team. No, we're the worst team, bro.
Speaker 1: So he fined you for that too, well, he fined.
Speaker 4: Me for He did find me for it. When he said that he did he did find me was so But but what he was mad at he said he wanted me to apologize to the team. I was like, he wanted me to apologize to the team, him and maybe Dick versays the general man or someone. I said, cool, let's get it. Let's go in here and do it.
Speaker 2: We're going there.
Speaker 4: I'm like, look, y'all, Jerry and Dick, they want me to apologize, but but I don't really think I owe y'all an apology. And I didn't say nothing about them. I said that we suck, not them. So if y'all think I owe y'allw an apology, y'all.
Speaker 2: Hollered me out of this meeting. We're good. Yeah, we're good. We're good.
Speaker 4: They didn't like that.
Speaker 2: That's what that was your apology and you got suspended from that. Yeah, that hurt games.
Speaker 3: I heard so so the higher ups in the office, we're all the organization when we win, in when we losing, this us against them.
Speaker 4: Well, at that particular time, yeah right, yeah, Memphis took care of me.
Speaker 2: Though I give a shout out to Memphis, though I remember.
Speaker 1: I want to tell this story because I think I told it one time. I think it was either Dylan's podcast or JJ Regors podcast, and yelling was in the comments and you stamped it. So we're Orlando together getting ready for the playoffs, and we had a little fat coach named stan van Gundy. They used to the penguin when he got too serious, like the white foam will come in the corner of his mouth and to make you want to wipe your own ship, like I got to make sure my ship is fresh.
Speaker 4: Look are we wrong for not telling him that it's there?
Speaker 2: Though? I think I think we used to every time though.
Speaker 1: Yeh man, he would be talking sometimes like that, you just the people the ship is so hot that it just phonms.
Speaker 2: It's not spit.
Speaker 4: It's like during toimeouse. During timeouse, he'd be drawing on the war mother be like, oh that shit ain't coming this way.
Speaker 1: That should be bouncing off the board into your face. So anyway, so we're in practice, getting close to the playoffs. We had a really good team and I don't know, I don't even remember what it.
Speaker 2: Was it was. How did it start? Do you remember how it started?
Speaker 4: You talking about when I got kicked out of practice.
Speaker 1: When you threw the ball behind your back across the court and hit him and his belly.
Speaker 2: Tell that story. How did that? I don't remember how it started.
Speaker 4: I got you, That's why you brought me out here.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's why. That's why it happened.
Speaker 4: So we watched the whole film session like an hour before practice about about transition being organized in transition, right. I don't know if y'all understand that talk, but I ain't got time to tell y'all about that.
Speaker 2: So, so he was talking about that.
Speaker 4: And what he wanted the guards to do is get everybody organized vocally right coming down the court. So I told Matt Matt the other team scoring. Matt took it out just aflickted it to me and I told him to come and drag me. That means said a high pick and roll. Just told him like, come drag me just like that. Right, So we go down there and we do it. He's staying like, ah, no, you gotta stop. No, no, what are you doing. I'm like, look, I told him to come drag me. He was like, but but but you didn't. You didn't inform the whole team or some shit like that. It's like, you know what, bro I quit, slung the ball at him and.
Speaker 2: Hold on. Jay Will was on the other side. Don't let it seem like there.
Speaker 1: Was a close jay Will was on the far side of the court and Stan was on the other side, and he threw this ball so fast and so hard behind his back and it hit him in his stomach and knocked the way But staying with one of them serious coach, So we didn't.
Speaker 2: Laugh at ship. But motherfucker's having a hard time holding like I tried to.
Speaker 1: Hold then I think a snot booger came out, like you try to hold that ship with Jack. That ship was unbelievable job, the.
Speaker 4: Worst the worst part about it, And when I look back on it, I'm glad I did it kind of But the worst part is there was a high school team watching us practice and stands Daddy was watching.
Speaker 3: Two thousand and five be traded to Miami with Antoine Walker and James Post.
Speaker 2: What was that like? Going to Miami? It was great, man, just got at home.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just to go play with Shaq and d Wade, you know, like my best teams that I played on Talent while I was in Sacramento up to that point. And honestly, I'm not so sure that we really thought we could win a championship in those days, like, like, seriously, win a championship, like what it really takes, you know back now looking back, what it really takes.
Speaker 2: There's no way.
Speaker 4: I don't think we could have won a chance because we won getting through being in shock one. But when I got to when I got to Miami, it was just different, you know, because it was like championship or bus you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: It was nothing else. What year was that for you? That was?
Speaker 4: I got traded in five?
Speaker 2: No, what year in your career was that for you? I got drafted in ninety eight. But I ain't going no maths seven years neither got me. Yeah, I got to calculate on my phone. Yeah.
Speaker 4: But so we got there and and like I said, that's all it was about. But stand was our coach for like two weeks bro. That was that was earlier, right, Yeah, two weeks and I think I think pat Riley knew what time it was. He saw what he had. He was like, come on, let me hold that, bro.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and may so Stack came to stand or pat Riley came down from the front office to coacho.
Speaker 2: That's right. Talk about that team in that season.
Speaker 4: It was good man. It was it was, it was, it was, it was. It was a circus bro like bro everywhere we went.
Speaker 2: It was young d Wade Shock's second year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the dudes, you know, I don't I don't really get down like that, like you know, go out.
Speaker 2: On the clubs and things like, that's not you. Nah. But then the way they got you out there.
Speaker 4: No, okay, no, no, most no, I was no one, no, no one was knowing.
Speaker 2: You know. Everybody was in their own lane. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 4: They didn't get down, they ain't drinking, they ain't blow it down nothing.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah I knew of anyway. Yeah, sad I didn't go there.
Speaker 4: But they were still cool. We had a good time. It was fun when the championship was great too. Uh.
Speaker 3: The heat culture one thing I knew about them. They practiced hard. They taped for practice and all that, and I almost got traded there. I wasn't big enough to control to say, well, I don't, you can't trade me. I wouldn't so, but I'm glad they didn't. How did you feel being in that culture, coming from Sacramento where everything was play a chill to go out there where it was drill sergeant.
Speaker 4: Well, like I said, bro don't, I don't do none of that.
Speaker 2: So it was straight from me.
Speaker 4: And honestly you'd have been straight too, broh, Yeah, you would have been straight.
Speaker 2: I mean, it is what it is. You can do what you want to do.
Speaker 4: But when it comes two o'clock, three o'clock, time to get on the floor. If you can do what you do, I mean, come on over here. At GP, we had Posey, we had we had these dudes. One time Mount pat Rally were in a time. Mount pat Rally was like, we're down by five or six something like that.
Speaker 2: Pat Rally's you know, like Ford.
Speaker 4: The chair in the huddles, like sets down, finished all the planes. He says, fuck, it smells like a goddamn brewery in here. Ship got up and went to the locker room and left us for the last fourth quarter.
Speaker 2: Bro then coaches the rest of the time. Did y'all win? Yeah, we won.
Speaker 1: We got a story like that. We got a Miami story just like that. We just didn't we weren't there. But yeah, which you mean we wasn't there, you know what I'm saying. We didn't live in Miami, so we had to enjoy that night Miami night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and our coach told us the same thing when he smelled us.
Speaker 3: But he just told us to get back on the bus and make sure we come back to the game tonight. We showed up. We all got back to the Hotel seven eight. Shoot around was at nine.
Speaker 1: With the same Miami with the same clothes we had on the night before from the Orlando playing game and plane trip.
Speaker 2: We just we saw this, We saw the sun come up.
Speaker 3: We're going to practice the next day in the same clothes we wore to the Orlando game the night before. We were in the club with right we show up to shoot around. Coach like, bring it in to get us as the game plan. He smells all of us.
Speaker 1: First of all, normally like during shoot around, you some people come dressed, some people get dressed right over everybody's nod. Some motherfucker's asleep. We're all everyone just has their clothes on for the night before, Like normally at least one person shooting.
Speaker 2: Not one person was on the floor shooting.
Speaker 3: Nobody was shooting. Don Nelson cost everybody in. He's like, so, guys, we're gonna you know what, Everybody back on the bus and we better win by thirty and best believe we all were hungover, and we beat the ship out of Miami by thirty.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: On and off the court, hard talk to us about how good Dwayne Wade was.
Speaker 4: I don't even know where to start, bro. Like it's like, I think he's like the third best two guard ever.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 1: So MJ Kobe d Wade. Yeah, Yeah, I got a chance to know in post career. But I mean, he was just a motherfucker. D Wade was the one dude. Remember you're always supposed to push him to the screen, but he would drink the stream and go based on.
Speaker 4: Every time and then he can get through cracks and crevices like no other. Bro Strong. He swept more than any human I ever met. In my swept Bro. He changed he changed jersey every third time out.
Speaker 2: Man, every third just too much. Yeah, great, dude, great dude Booby. I call him Booby from Uh what's the movie? Uh Friday Night, Friday Night Lights.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you want to win, you better put Booby back in.
Speaker 2: Let Booby spind coach. Oh ship.
Speaker 1: I know you weren't really someone that stepped out, but did you ever get a chance to go to any of those Midsummer grew or Summer Grooves.
Speaker 2: I went to one after my rookie year. Okay, talk to us.
Speaker 4: It was straight, you know, I didn't I didn't really know what to expect. I'm a shy, do bro. I mean it might not seem like it, but but I mean I am until you get to sit on the porch with me or something like that. Before I am shy and doing something like that. Was the first time I ever played in like a aw star our game, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: So it was like and.
Speaker 4: Being around all these dudes that I was around, and I grew up watching him like wow, like, bro, I can actually touch these dudes or give them that or whatever. But I was just I was more in all that than hooping.
Speaker 1: I feel it, like auld dig it twenty ten is when you and I crossed paths on the same team for the Penguin with Stan.
Speaker 2: That was a talented team.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't think Dwight Howard gets enough respect talk about how good healthy young Dwight Howard was when we had him in Orlandoo, yeah, y'all swept the shit out of us.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we beat the shit out of y'all. Oh yeah, you brouh.
Speaker 4: There's not too many guys that I've seen play better than Dwight Howard. What he brought to the table, like what he did, man is like, you're not going to see another Dwight Howard. No, no, you're not.
Speaker 1: And it's crazy because obviously when he came to the Lakers, he had just had back surgery and he came back from back surgery. He came back from like a year recovery in like four five months, and fuck to me. And I was telling him along the way, like, bro, don't come out here and play. It's like, no, I'm with cold. I need to be out here and playing, Like, bro, let your back here. But Orlando, Dwight Howard, I've never seen anything like him.
Speaker 2: Me neither.
Speaker 4: Like and then Orlando teams that we played that might have been the best team from top to bottom that I've ever.
Speaker 2: We were deep.
Speaker 1: We were We were too deep in every single position we were.
Speaker 2: Can I speak on it? Sure? Yeah.
Speaker 3: We played them in the first round of the playoffs, right, Jamie Nelson, Matt j Will, Vince Carter, uh White, Howard, the whole nine. Right, So Jamia Nelson, Lewis Jamiro Nelson had eighteen points in the first quarter of the first.
Speaker 2: Three games in the playoffs, and we get swept. Bro.
Speaker 4: I mean, God's blessed, God bless Raymond Felton. Bro.
Speaker 2: But you go look at he was out the league a year or two after that.
Speaker 4: Jamier Nelson against Raymond Felton, it was it was I think we swept the Hawks right after that, and then he might have got swept by the Celtics.
Speaker 1: We almost because do you remember, though, why remember going into Stan got scared? Man, we beat the Celtics. This is so, this is the year twenty ten that the Celtics played the Lakers again, and the Celtics had beat the Lakers in eight Kobe gets his revenge beats Orlanda. But we're supposed to play the Lakers because that's the year I ball fake and Coden We were about to fight in that game, and we were supposed to beat So we're we're we're making NBA history.
Speaker 2: Eight and no.
Speaker 1: In the playoffs beat them by like twenty two. Again we discuss that already beat the Hawks the next round by like twenty five or twenty six a game. So we're eight to no. Nobody is fucking with us. We think we're about to get a championship. We're going to the Boston Celtics. This is KG, this is that team. Ray allen them boys, But we had beat them perk perk.
Speaker 4: We had beat hurt guarded Dwight higher one on one.
Speaker 2: Ye.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, very well, they have to double them, so we're up. So we had beat them two out of three times this season. We go into that that uh, the Eastern Conference finals and stands like, you know, we've we've done well and we're the number one offensive team across the board. We've done well, but we need to change it up because this is.
Speaker 2: A really good team.
Speaker 1: Remember he like changed our whole offensive set and they beat us the first three games.
Speaker 2: We came back in one, two, and then we changed it. Stand the Penguin. Yeah, no, it was just disappointed because that was a really we had a really good team.
Speaker 4: We did. Shout out to the Penguin. He was a hell of a coach.
Speaker 2: Great team. Hell hes a great coach. Great, should have won a championship. Great great excell.
Speaker 4: Big Perk shut that ship down, bro Semester offense. Yeah, Perk guarded Dwight one on. Everyone else had to do double Dwight.
Speaker 2: Charlo Lewis.
Speaker 4: Never Vince Carter to Vince Carter, Yeah, that was Vince Carter. The greatest dunker ever ever. There will never be another one better.
Speaker 2: Florida boy.
Speaker 4: That's right, playing the bar from bell playing the trombone. Yeah, yeah, he was. He was that now I think he can. I think he could dunk with a with a tuba around his name.
Speaker 2: You're with the tuba.
Speaker 1: But he used to just do ship like pull up left handed from half court like it was nothing.
Speaker 4: I never seen anybody do. I've never seen it. He gets set on the baseline down there at the other end of the court on his ass and throw the basketball and hit the backboard as many times.
Speaker 3: As not a harmonica, not a saxophone, but shiny gold one too.
Speaker 1: So you retire in twenty eleven, twelve seasons when you look back now, because we were talking off air, You're still traveling the world. You're doing fantasy camps, You're going to the other countries. You come back here. You know, you did the pregame show yesterday and you said you look down from your balcony and saw all the fifty five. You thought the Kings assigned a new player. That's you when you look back on kind of your historical significance in this game and how much you're still love Like, what does that mean to I know you're not a person to ever talk about yourself or boast about yourself, but what does that mean to you that you really left an impression on a lot of people's minds.
Speaker 4: Man, it's crazy that this little boy from Bail, from Bell you know what I'm saying. It's shout out ball. But that is a testament to the fans. You know what I'm saying. They know what time it is. They're real too, you know. So it ain't like a lot of a lot of guys. You know, y'all been trading and ship like that. You go to this team, you got a different jersey, you go to this You know what I'm saying, I think to the day I die. When I come back here, it's gonna be fifty five bro.
Speaker 2: So I appreciate that for sure.
Speaker 1: All Right, here we go. Quick hitters. First thing to come to mind. Let us know, like how quick does it gotta be?
Speaker 2: Though? He's a question you gotta worry about, all right? Yeah?
Speaker 4: How very fast? You wanted to be? Like a hiccup? Yep, quick as a hiccup. That's quick.
Speaker 2: That's quick. You plus four on the blacktop? Who you bringing?
Speaker 3: You might have to squab, you might got to dodge bullets, but you're on the blacktop. What four players you're bringing with you to win the game on a black top?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 4: Shit, if I know I got dodge bullets, Like.
Speaker 2: It's a possibility. Always, it's a possibility.
Speaker 4: Something. I'm hoping. The white Chocolate's got me this far. They ain't gonna try to shoot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what I'm saying. Now, you know you get definitely got to pass. Yeah, I think your pass is gold.
Speaker 4: Oh man, I'm taking some shooters now, I'm taking. I gotta take Curry. I gotta take. I ain't thinking about no defense that we're gonna y'all. Yeah, the defense don't win championship.
Speaker 2: Not on black top.
Speaker 4: Defense don't win championships, no word stack in the league you do. I don't think so it helps.
Speaker 2: You still got to score the ball though, you're.
Speaker 4: Taking five Ben Wallace, the defense, you're taking five ayes.
Speaker 3: I'm just I'm just saying, if AI is against Ben Wallace, I might take Ben Wallace.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you.
Speaker 3: Why tell me Because it's a lot of aspects in the game. It's rebounding, it's physicality, there's a lot of stuff. You gotta get to the rim first, but you gotta be able to drive. You gotta have some touch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you're right.
Speaker 4: No rebound drinking. Don't ask me a I not gonna miss. It's gonna be lay ups and they're gonna be rebounding.
Speaker 2: There and he's gonna cross everybody over.
Speaker 4: It's just yeah, Ben Wallace, Yeah, you gonna pay back to the question, I'm taking Curry Durant, I'm taking Lebron James. Is this past or current I'm taking I'm taking I'm taking I'm taking all current players. I'm thinking all these all these older players were great. But to me, it's just it's it's the games evolved. I think it's hard to compare these players too. They were all great in their own way, but like Oscar Roberson was one of the greatest ever craft.
Speaker 2: Ye, he can't play today. Yeah, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So these guys are more talented, but they're also soft mind my bad.
Speaker 4: Well that's just all right, that's what it is. That's just how the league is though. I think you know what I'm saying. That's just how the league is trending. But anyway, I would never take a night off. I'm trying to.
Speaker 2: Hoop every day. Right.
Speaker 3: You come from a different cloth. I'm from Bill. They don't produce. They don't produce your cloth no more. They stopped making that when you left.
Speaker 2: Just him and ran.
Speaker 4: Duh. I got kde I got Steph, I got Lebron and I'm going Kevin Garnett.
Speaker 1: Oh the ticket, the ticket Church. Where did the name white Chocolate come from?
Speaker 4: I think that came from some lady in the PR department here with the King's organization. Oh she started it, Yeah, I think. And I don't really know the answer. That's what I've been telling everybody since you've been asking. Okay, so I don't shout out the lady in the front office. Yeah whatever her name is, y. I don't remember her name anyway, but okay, but that's what it is.
Speaker 1: But it's stuck. I were you with the name though when you first got it. I didn't care, Bro, No, I didn't care.
Speaker 4: I'm sure there were some people in bail that probably didn't like it, but that's what it is.
Speaker 2: So when you heard it, what you think of? So?
Speaker 1: So what's side? So the people in bell who didn't like it? What side of the school? Were they on the left or right side?
Speaker 4: They was over there on the right right.
Speaker 2: Okay, what did you think though?
Speaker 3: Like when when they said it called you white chocolate? What's the definition you got from it?
Speaker 4: Bro? I didn't. I didn't really care. Because once you get on the on the court, bro, black white, purple, ping it on.
Speaker 2: If you can hoop, you can hoop. But you gotta love that the niggas loved you though.
Speaker 3: A hoop as a hooper they keep it rial though. As a HOOPO. When the black spuck with you, that's it's tough for white ud.
Speaker 2: You gotta know that's an extra it is you can when the niggas fuck with you do.
Speaker 4: You know, to be honest with you, bru Brughs recognized me more than white folks out in the community, for sure.
Speaker 2: I know I have. I mean, it is what it is. I take pride in saying I know you not.
Speaker 3: You know, not only because I'm a fan, because what you did for the game. Bro. You know what I'm saying. You brought up to the game. You inspired a lot of people your color and my color. You know what I'm saying. So you got to understand, like one thing about our show, we're here to give you your flowers. We have hands as well.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 3: You know what if you've done, You've done a lot for both cultures, both cultures, and I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: Top five handles in the history of the NBA, and you better be one of them.
Speaker 4: Any specific order.
Speaker 2: No, I'll just throw them out there. I'll see why we the dope is show Bro, Kyrie.
Speaker 4: The best case of Me, Kyrie, Jamal Crawford, Oh, I played with jam Chris Paul Yes, uh m.
Speaker 2: Jason Williams, Yeah, you gotta throw bubs in there.
Speaker 4: No, I don't know, man.
Speaker 3: So many people pulled out and had the confidence to pull out what you pulled out in the game.
Speaker 2: Dog. See.
Speaker 4: I think that's the difference in like me and a lot of these kids now, they ain't got the.
Speaker 2: Balls, yeah just to try it. Yeah.
Speaker 4: But LaMelo Ball, he's got the balls to try it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 4: But but he just right now, he didn't practice everything. He does everything you seen me do, Bro, I didn't practice that Joont like thousands of times. So I knew, I knew I could do it, you know what I'm saying. But LaMelo Ball, these guys are so good. Maybe they ain't got a practice like that. I had to practice, Bro.
Speaker 2: I mean just what time it was? So you gave us three?
Speaker 4: Ah Man, I only gave you three, Chris.
Speaker 2: Paul, Yep, that was the third one you gave us.
Speaker 4: I'm not putting myself in there, Bro, I'm just not to me to me a easy.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't put Allen Iverson in there with the handle joints.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: He was just he was just so fast and his first step he didn't really need nothing but that crossover. So you know, when I when I got caught up, when a I I just try to back up and just pray he shot the vision missed it. But if he made it.
Speaker 3: You want me to do facts facts.
Speaker 2: Isaiah Thomas.
Speaker 4: That's a good one too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's four. One more spot for you. That last spot. Will It ain't the last spot.
Speaker 4: It ain't no Jay Will.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say it, Jay Will. Next question and next question. Yeah, we'll go with that. This is a good question right here though.
Speaker 3: If anyone did a soundtrack to your game and your life, what rapper would it be?
Speaker 4: Man, it's got to be slim shady.
Speaker 2: I am, I am. Hey, that's it's only right. It's only right. That's only right. It's only right. Bro.
Speaker 3: That makes that's that makes so much sense if you think about it.
Speaker 2: The Yeah, yeah, you're right, dag, you're right. You're right. You're right, you're right. Next question that he killed out you killed out one. No, you killed out with dogs, And that.
Speaker 4: Ain't it ain't just because I'm from Bail either.
Speaker 1: Yeah, y'all got a few similarities. Favorite teammate over your twelve year career.
Speaker 4: That's a tough question, man, It's like, I know it sounds cliche, but I was.
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 4: I feel like I'm one of the luckiest dudes that ever play in the league because every team I went to all fifteen of us got got down.
Speaker 2: Bro. It's like that's dope. That's rare too. Yeah.
Speaker 4: You know when we land in the city, we go to the hotel. You know, Dwight Howard them used to pay for us to go shopping, and Ship of Louis and all that, him and Charlotte's take turns of the one hundred million dollar boys they paying. Look, we're going shopping at fifteen minutes. Whoever want to go, go get whatever you want. I felt like a little groupie bro too. I didn't know.
Speaker 1: Maybe shop, I'll give me a toiletee bag of something fun.
Speaker 2: Maybe a bell, that's right.
Speaker 4: But nah, everywhere I went, Bro, I asked, I asked those teammates.
Speaker 3: Bro, you got a cup extra passes that night on extra stin that night after he took a.
Speaker 2: Shot it up.
Speaker 4: Look, I'm throwing at the white heired every time you wanted with with without the shopping springs. Look, because you know what, I ain't playing no, d he blocking all that ship.
Speaker 2: He got your back at all times. What's your favorite white chocolate? Highlight a moment?
Speaker 1: M that's tough for me because he beginve you mind, he don't like to talk about his self.
Speaker 2: Thought, I'm gonna give.
Speaker 3: You mine and it's my home and my big homie for what you did to Gary Payton.
Speaker 2: Come on, y'all. And that's back when that was crazy. That was crazy. But that's back when Jay Boy had to do this ship to his hair too. He was the glove. He was the glove did shipped to the side. He turned in to the minton Uck.
Speaker 4: But b what people don't realize he was talking so much ship in that game prior to that.
Speaker 2: Bro Boy having like he was scared. For a second.
Speaker 4: I'm thinking to myself, like I don't know if I belong on here, like like this is Gary Payton, Like that's Gary Payton, Like I don't really I don't realize who Gary Payton is.
Speaker 2: What the glove man?
Speaker 4: But I hit I hit one from like thirty feet to play before that, that's what said it all up. So he had to come out and I don't care who you are. If I'm coming at your full speed, you.
Speaker 1: Got no chance better chance of pittsing in the hot souse bottle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got you, I got you. That's right, that's right, hey.
Speaker 3: But for the players that seeing that move, oh we was like, oh he did, Jake, he did GP like that.
Speaker 2: It's over now. Everybody's scared now.
Speaker 4: I think if he wouldn't have tried to trip me, it wouldn't have been as bad as it was.
Speaker 2: I don't think. But he gave your props. He did. He gave your props too. He ain't saying nothing else to me the rest of the game. I'm promising, but I'm saying, like, coming down to court, he looking at.
Speaker 4: You like, that's right, you get hyeah, like you ain't supposed to do that.
Speaker 2: Ain't supposed to do that to me?
Speaker 4: No, no, no, all right.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna give you a list of teammates. Just give me one word to describe them.
Speaker 4: See where awesome, Doug Christy, fantastic, Matt Barnes, dope bothway.
Speaker 2: My god, my god, d Wade.
Speaker 4: Sweaty oh ship shock, dominant, powe.
Speaker 2: Oh man, m hmmm.
Speaker 4: What was Buddy's name? From san Fron and Son Julio Stroll MoU Swift called Buddy. Julio had to go, Bro, They had to go, Hey, look why y'all out of to pull up Julio from.
Speaker 3: He stayed next door, stay next door, and he came across to the set.
Speaker 2: He was in his goat was in the sama stant yard.
Speaker 4: Pull up Julio and Palgasol side by side.
Speaker 2: I know the exact episode five dinner Guess Dead or Alive.
Speaker 3: This is our best this is our best question on our show. It is yes, So.
Speaker 2: Are you talking? You you want to be like?
Speaker 4: Think about it? Whether you want at your table now, anybody in the whole world ever ever invented I mean, there's there's no way that I'm gonna be able to give you five without going in the car driving somewhere and saying, damn, I should have named them.
Speaker 2: But okay, it's gonna that that that happens.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean Michael Jordan's Golden Larry Bird, golt uh Man, Dave Chappelle, good call, got a whole bunch of goats.
Speaker 2: Man, you need some lettuce.
Speaker 4: I'm finna get a cramp in my handstring when I'm finna get h man, Drake, That's that's a tough question for me.
Speaker 2: Last morning, you got more the name four good ones man, he said, somebody from bell.
Speaker 4: This This is me and Randy there bro he from down the other side. So he ain't not from Bail.
Speaker 2: Man, I don't know my dad. How about my dad? Bro? There you go, there you go, there you go, There you go.
Speaker 3: Last thing to final question, Jim, if you could see anybody on our.
Speaker 2: Show, who would it be?
Speaker 1: But but you have to help us get your answer on D show, So it's gotta be someone you know on D show, D Show.
Speaker 4: I think that's more of a question for the people, bro, Like you know what I'm saying, like people.
Speaker 2: Nah, but hey, hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on, y'all. Excuse me, y'all.
Speaker 3: Everybody got the connections you you got, so think about the friends you got and then the connections. Then come back to the answer because you know a lot of motherfuckers. And we ain't had Randy Mouse on.
Speaker 2: Hell oh I say Randy. I didn't say Randy. My bad. I didn't mean to say that, My bad. It must be the kittens.
Speaker 4: If the kittens you see where right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we had we have a great show with see well shout out to sea well man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean Moss would be good.
Speaker 3: And we also got all the smoke cannabis partner well see well right, yeah, and plays only.
Speaker 1: And we also got lights and we also got pre roll light the beams, Kings beams in here too, maybe like the beams after this. Yeah, yeah, you better lights up and we got a lot of beams back here. We got like three hundred them bitches back here. We's let's go. Well, man, I think that's it. Jay, I appreciate you, man question. Yeah, he said Randy Moss.
Speaker 3: No, he didn't say, I said Randy mo He said Randy would be a good Okay, So that means you're.
Speaker 2: Gonna help us get him on.
Speaker 4: The show as soon as we get off here.
Speaker 3: All the texting, Hey, let me tell you that because a lot of our guests be wolfing a lot of I guess that a lot of shit they So guess if you're watching this, y'all cap ball cap colin cap all type of cap, y'all cap.
Speaker 1: Well, man, we appreciate everybody coming out tonight. We hope you enjoyed the show.
Speaker 3: Cheer.
Speaker 1: Jay's got to get out here and catch a flight, so he's gonna get up out of here.
Speaker 2: But man, we want to thank everyone coming out for you.
Speaker 1: Jack, You're gonna hang around for a little bit mingo, smoke, chill out. So thank you guys for coming. Thank you Urban Roots come on, Rob, say something. This is a man right here.
Speaker 3: We have to owner here. Got to have him say something. Black owner, Yeah, black owner. We appreciate you having us here.
Speaker 2: Man. We could have a lot of places we could have last year.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of places we could have been but for you to open your doors to us, for all the people to come out and support you. But we appreciate you having us. So you have to say something, yo. I appreciate y'all.
Speaker 5: Listen, y'all have a show about giving out flowers, but you know what I want to give y'all, y'all flowers. This is amazing what y'all doing. Honestly, it's amazing. And I'm just gonna tell you one of you know, one of my core values is self care. And every morning I wake up five five point thirty and I'm on the bike and you know what I'm listening to, y'all.
Speaker 2: Shit, I listen to y'all ship.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying, My God, Jelani, y'all putting so much hard work, the whole crew.
Speaker 2: I appreciate everything you do.
Speaker 5: You know what, you guys bring out a different energy and all your guests that nobody else can do, And I just want to deeply say that's why I think everybody's here, because we all feel the same way.
Speaker 2: And I ain't gonna lie. Man.
Speaker 5: I kind of feel like a fanboy right now. You know what I'm saying because this is my ship. That's why I listen to every day. You know what I'm saying. I love you, but listen. My gift to y'all from your flowers, y'all ain't never gonna pay for another beverage at any of my places.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you Jack that except the roots, Matt get me on, Jack, Jack might not go home be telling that. Joe, Jay, my God, thanks.
Speaker 2: For having us, bro.
Speaker 4: I appreciate you well again.
Speaker 2: Thank you guys, everybody for coming out. Give what give. Jay will around