Speaker 1: Hi, Scott, live from the Farmland Fresh Dairy Studios. This is serial Killers. Andrew hate this mic with every fiber of my being. I know, I know this old mics.
Speaker 2: Is serial Killers. Yea, many, many, many apologies for missing last week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you were sick.
Speaker 2: There were so many issues.
Speaker 1: But we had a bowl chat. Thanks for understanding.
Speaker 2: We love you. I was full of COVID. Yeah full.
Speaker 1: It's great that I'm sitting next to you now. It's it's weeks later at this point, so many weeks.
Speaker 2: Anyway, this is serial Killers. It's the podcast where we talk about cereal. I'm Scotty Bee. This is Andrew. He's on his phone, so I'll talk for him now. Uh, and we're just gonna get going. Since we missed him week. We really need to power it up. Andrew powered up? You know how you power it up with protein?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Good?
Speaker 2: What this is going to be a bad one. I'm gonna name this episode protein packed?
Speaker 1: Is this all phone lines?
Speaker 2: What are you like? Packed with protein?
Speaker 1: Why are the phone lines going off?
Speaker 2: Because you know Ryan Seacrest, this huge star, You're start trying to call him? Wow, all right, you're ready? Yeah, it's protein great. We need protein to get us through the day.
Speaker 1: Yes we do. Let's go.
Speaker 2: And uh, what cereal do you think of when you hear protein?
Speaker 1: Wheaties? Yeah, I didn't look under the desk.
Speaker 2: So this is new Wheaties protein. There's two different ones. This one's honey pecan. And I'm telling you why, I'm a little bit of sut by this box pecan because Wheaty's protein was supposed to be the box that had the plastic flap, remember with no bag inside. It was the revolutionary new packaging. Oh yeah, for whatever reason, didn't see it in the store. Is it just as regular?
Speaker 1: But they have this that's cool. I've never seen that.
Speaker 2: A zip strip. Yeah, you've never seen that on a box of cereal before.
Speaker 1: I'm sure I have, but this one maybe they're thirteen.
Speaker 2: That's the box does feel a little bit a little stronger, you know, durable, like it's protein packed.
Speaker 1: I have the worst pimple that's literally right in the middle of my two eyes.
Speaker 2: Why do you just say that? Why I don't see it? Oh? I see it.
Speaker 3: I was.
Speaker 2: Shaky.
Speaker 1: You're not getting the girls jump up? And now this is tight feel.
Speaker 2: I'm not touching it. No, So it's the breakfast of Champions, Andrew, this is honey pecan sweetened with honey. Looks like the little pumpkin seeds, or you could have popito's. What do you call those things?
Speaker 1: Okay, now what you speak Spanish?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: No, but those little green things.
Speaker 1: Also you say pumpkins, pumpkin seed. You have pumpkin seed. We can we can do this?
Speaker 2: Oh a pepito?
Speaker 1: Oh yes, a pumpkin seed, got it?
Speaker 2: What the hell is wrong with you?
Speaker 1: It's a pumpkin seed and you're like, how do you say it? No?
Speaker 2: Sometimes you start saying popitos. Sometimes they call them those they're different. I'm sure that's that's different than a pinoli, not though, right, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Actually that's a.
Speaker 2: That's an Italian thing. You should know the little Greek one day, you're Creek, one dick, you're Italians. Everything it's Greek. So the box is a little bit thicker than your average cereal box. Oh the bag is the bag is the same. I don't know what you're doing there, wheaties. But how much protein is in here? There's twenty one grams of protein per serving, Andrew, and only six grams of sugar. Great, but I bet it's still the second ingredient.
Speaker 1: I bet you it is.
Speaker 2: Let's see, whole grain wheat, what's vital wheat, Oh, vital wheat, glut vital weat, gluten, pecans, honey, swipe, pro dude, sugar's way down. I love that it's not even in here. There is no sugar hold on whole grain wheat, vital wheat, gluten, pecans, honey. I guess that's the sugar, honey, soy, protein isolate, pumpkin seeds, coconut oil, wheat, bran, in inulin, salt, multi ball a.
Speaker 1: People absolutely love when you read every single So why are you what it was like you weren't even in the shot.
Speaker 2: No, I bet there's no.
Speaker 1: I love when you read every single one and then go through them and then I'm just sitting there.
Speaker 2: Like your phone. I'm just trying to say that it doesn't work. It doesn't actually say sugar or any kind of sugar in here.
Speaker 1: Forty seven hours later, I at the end of the smell it smells.
Speaker 2: I have a booger.
Speaker 1: No, I have what my dad has. Sometimes you have unicorn eyebrows. That so one of your eyebrows, but is yeah, you hit it, but it like come it was she was popping out.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry. It was to have my barber hit it. You know. Never once in a while they'll do the sneak attack and they buzz it and I'm like, dude, don't buzz it because eyebrow. Yeah, he puts the comb right there, he goes when I'm not looking. Wow, huh it frightens me. Okay, you're gonna go back to the Farmland Fresh Dairy's fridge.
Speaker 3: Andy.
Speaker 1: Oh, yes, look at these bipitos.
Speaker 2: Smelling It smells like raisin bran.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it does right, actually smells good.
Speaker 2: Farmland Fresh Dairy's whole milk today.
Speaker 1: This is gonna taste good.
Speaker 2: You know that.
Speaker 1: I just feel like I already like the smell.
Speaker 2: I see the pecans, I see the pumpkin seas, the flaps. Oh too crunchy.
Speaker 1: Oh oh oh.
Speaker 2: Oh oh, very cunchy. Oh wunchy. Oh you're being a DEQ. But it's very crunchy.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: The flavor is nice, the vanility, the qunchiness.
Speaker 1: Is just too much, too much, way too much.
Speaker 2: I give it three bowls. Well that was quick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll tell you why. Too crunchy.
Speaker 2: It's not enjoyable. Even though the flavor is good, getting to the flavor you should put that.
Speaker 1: Why are you.
Speaker 2: Studio? Getting to the flavor is not is not enjoyable, no fun. But I like to taste. I'm gonna give it three balls and a spoon.
Speaker 1: The taste is there, but it's just too crunchy.
Speaker 2: You know what, everything the taste is there? Just saying am I wrong?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 1: You think after three hundred plus episodes, I know how to eat cereal? But apparently I don't. So you tell me what was that? I gotta turn that off.
Speaker 2: So if you're watching on YouTube, we're fiddling.
Speaker 1: We're fiddling middle figs umm al Right, Well, off to the next part.
Speaker 2: This is all protein, okay, all protein all the time.
Speaker 1: Now this one, I would say, if you see it, I don't think you should get it. It's a little too crunchy. And if you have kids, god bless, I don't know how those kids are good? Why is the light thing? Still?
Speaker 2: Don't worry about it. People are listening, they're not watching. Okay, So it's from our friend Matt. It's another love grown cereal. It's your favorite. We hate those. It's birthday cake though, I hate that too birthdacake?
Speaker 1: What flavors birthday cake? It's this dumb thing it is.
Speaker 2: It's sick grams of sugar, twelve grams of plant based protein. Andy, Yeah, it's not.
Speaker 1: This is gonna I'm nervous.
Speaker 2: Rainbow sprinkles to tempt your taste. Bud plant based protein for powerful packed spoonfuls, Monk fruit extract for a natural sweetness. Well, we know.
Speaker 1: Who's gonna hate it and vomit it. I should get the trash can.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, leave it. I got stuff leaning against it. The trash ca is holding up a lot of things. You have so much craft here. Yeah, well Cooper might like it.
Speaker 1: Cooper is gonna be in Coe soon she is. You're still gonna be like I got you these roadblocks gift cards.
Speaker 2: It smells like maple.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know how this is what birthday cake is?
Speaker 2: Maple? Right, I guess log log jammers log. This is going to be so bad. What do they call?
Speaker 1: Please? Growing better?
Speaker 2: Bite by bite?
Speaker 1: If you ask us, there's nothing better than cereal except maybe better cereal. At Love Grown, we live for eating and being better, which is why we created our irresistible crispy power buffs plus every satisfying serving offers twelve grams of self powering plant based protein plus the sweetness you create without all the sugar. Thanks mug fruit. No, I don't think them. It's just one more way we're sending up better for breakfast. Nebot Sprinkles for Taste Buds, plant based protein power packspoonfuls fruit brown.
Speaker 2: How many sprinkles do you see in there? I see one.
Speaker 1: This is an entire cup of cereal and there's there literally one spring sprinkle, a sprinkle. This is like the kid who invite you over their house, but their family is like very uh oh oh, okay, yeah, and the mom is like, ooh, here's your birthday cake, and it's like one sprinkle. It's probably one of those earthy sprinkles.
Speaker 2: What's an earthy sprinkle? Who knows?
Speaker 1: It's probably like with monk fruit.
Speaker 2: This is gonna be it ain't gonna be it, I'll tell you right now. Well on pourban pine right oh again, really crunchy and here comes that nasty flavor, right ug No, I mean I'm not gonna it's not the worst. No, it hits you.
Speaker 1: I'm not getting that.
Speaker 2: I'm getting a plant I'm not getting a plant. I'm tasting like a pumpkin stem.
Speaker 1: I'm interested to know if somebody else would think this is as bad as we do, or if we're just so jaded by it that here I'm gonna ask somebody.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, please don't.
Speaker 1: Josh, can you try cereal?
Speaker 2: He'll take two seconds? Okay, but we don't need more spoons? Yes we do, we don't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you mind using a spoon that I used?
Speaker 2: What I'll get another spoon?
Speaker 1: No, you need to try it with.
Speaker 2: COVID running around everywhere. Sit down, Josh, we're recordings. It's it. What is it? It's called power puffs, power puffs. Yeah, it's birthday cake cereal. He hates it because birthday cake is so generic. Well, when you have a birthday, what kind of cake do you like?
Speaker 3: Me personally?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've been liking these bunt cakes that everything but everything bunt cake.
Speaker 2: But what flavor though, because the day you have a hole in it makes it a bunch cake.
Speaker 3: I like the birthday cake flavor.
Speaker 4: But also their chocolate is really good because.
Speaker 2: Real quick, I'm sorry to interrupt. Don't tell Andrew, but before he gets back, I had a piece of cake for my birthday. Okay, I don't need cake anymore. I have any cake it forever, okay, And he's always like, but I had it was it was a rainbow birthday. I love cookies, so it was like rainbow cookie birthday cake. It was really good. Is sorry? That's coated in chocolate right yeah, and has a little raspberry jam in the middle.
Speaker 3: Only one slice.
Speaker 2: I didn't even have a slice. I caught it a tiny piece of it and shared it. But I had a piece, and so I fell off the wagon. Okay, I'm nervous about that. This is actually being recorded right now. It is. Yeah, look, say hi to YouTube. This is Josh YouTube. This is coaster Boy Josh.
Speaker 3: Here we go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, ok do you not like that anymore? By the way, birthday cake for his birthday.
Speaker 1: You're such a joke.
Speaker 2: You are seriously cereals.
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: Is he given the backstory on this?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, we might just be jaded to this whole milk.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, it's delicious. It makes the cereal that much better.
Speaker 3: This is gonna give me diarrhea.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's cool. Cereal is is definitely going to do that.
Speaker 5: You're ready, go ahead, thoughts.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's odd, yes, flavorless, right, there you go, But what are you thinking about the aftertaste?
Speaker 2: That's the monk fruit. Oh my god, it's it's terrible. Right, it's sweetened with monk fruit and it's just unk fruit. Tastes like fake sugar. That's what it is, and it gives It's good at the very beginning, but after the fact you want to just spit it out.
Speaker 4: I bought this overnight, so it's thing. Maybe you ac should actually taste. Does that count as serious?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, okay, but the sweeten it with monk fruit, and I hate it. I actually hate it.
Speaker 2: I don't like any artificial sugar flavor.
Speaker 3: Also, this crunch is terrible.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's too crunchy. It's almost an artificial crunch.
Speaker 3: Artificial crunch. I was saying the same thing.
Speaker 2: Let's call the episode artificial crunch. I love it. Thank you, all right, thanks Josh. What would you rate that out of five balls? Because I'm I'm literally giving it a spoon because it's horror it's horrible.
Speaker 1: I give it. I'd give it a bowl in a spoon.
Speaker 4: Okay, can you go any less than a bowl a spoon? A spoon, just a spoon or nothing. So it's five bowls. I'll go, I'll I would match your rating. Actually a spoon because it has no flavor, a crunch of the artificial.
Speaker 2: And is nasty. And also you hate the birthday cake concept as well. Yeah, it's done well. Thank you, Josh. I appreciate you swinging by pop uh and because of that, we'll be back right after this. And we're back. Welcome back, Andrew.
Speaker 1: So tall and I need to put the mic back down.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So this is our power packed protein episode, and we have one.
Speaker 1: More power packed protein, don't do it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, one more protein cereal to go.
Speaker 1: Andrew, I so far hate this episode.
Speaker 2: We've done one of these cereals before. Do we hate it? We didn't love it. Now you've seen this. You've seen in the stores. I don't know how often you go to the supermarket, not that, but they saw Why am I getting studio lighting? No, it's weird, I don't know, but whenever you don't look like all of a sudden, it goes. So you've seen other ghost products. They have energy drinks and they have they have lots of things in the store. The rand, I know general general Mills makes this. This is actually a secret General Mills Cereal. Look how sneaky? Yeah, but this is goes h. I don't know why it's not. It's just just peeb How would you know what that is?
Speaker 1: Because it's peanut butter?
Speaker 2: Oh Andrew, Look, I don't have a marker that would write in there. But that reminds me a little bit of PB max from the eighties. Oh yeah, for sure. Do you know thinking that you know what that is?
Speaker 1: Yeah? What's PB max? Talked about it before and both it was a cereal Nope, it was a show. Nope, it was a movie. No, it was a singer PB max Yeah, nope, it was a it was peanut butter Max.
Speaker 2: So PB max.
Speaker 1: So it was mac and cheese with peanut butter.
Speaker 2: It was not.
Speaker 1: It was a peanut butter. Uh to the max. It was extra protein.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but what was it?
Speaker 1: It was extra crunchy peanut butter.
Speaker 2: No, no extra It was a candy bar. Is a PB max? It is widely widely missed today missed. Yeah, people would like it back.
Speaker 1: Hey, it's you and two other people on a Facebook group. Do you think it's gonna come back another year? You just check in It's Me with happy endings. Every year I write it's happy Endings coming back.
Speaker 2: Yet still No, Yeah, that was a good show. I love that. What was the line which one someone's always said something? What do you mean there was something that someone always said on the show and you would say it every once in a while. I'm as probably well that. Yeah, there was other things too, So it's look, it smells like peanut butter.
Speaker 1: So what's their gimmick again?
Speaker 2: No, their their gimmick is protein.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, well definitely if you're allergic to peanuts, you can't eat this. No legendary flavor. I feel like they can't say that because the cereal hasn't been a long around long enough for it to be called legendary.
Speaker 2: I also don't like places that say I don't have any more spoons.
Speaker 1: I brought a ton from the kitchen, so.
Speaker 2: Take on. I also don't like. I don't like places that say, you know, world famous. Okay, places that will will advertise things as world famous chicken noodle soup. It ain't world famous. A couple of people might like it in your restaurant, but it's not world famous.
Speaker 3: I don't like.
Speaker 2: I also don't like homemade. Nobody made it at their home. Did you make it at your home and bring in a free bringing it to the restaurant to sell? Is that how that worked? Maybe homemade?
Speaker 1: You don't know that. I mean they made it in their kitchen, homemade apple pie at the restaurant.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to do this.
Speaker 1: It's really It's not something on my radar that I've ever been mad at.
Speaker 2: Out get mad. It has a nice peanut barbe paste. Let's see what happens.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: The peanut butter is spot on. Yeah, it was really good. It almost tastes like a Reese's puff tye peanut butter. You want to know why. But it's creamier. You want to know why?
Speaker 1: Same company.
Speaker 2: Very good.
Speaker 1: Wow, thank god, I was worried. I give this four bowls. Let you know, you gotta let it. You gotta let it go on a little bit because this is the kind of thing that could could turn on a dime in your mouth. Should just shake my hand?
Speaker 2: Why what are you gonna do nothing? I promise you swear? Yeah, did you spit on your hands?
Speaker 1: My name is Andrew. I host a podcast called serial Killers. Okay, I've raided over three hundred cereals or three hundred different episodes with over a thousand different cereals.
Speaker 2: Can you tell me how I'm reviewing.
Speaker 1: Cereals wrong again on camera on a podcast, Mike. I'd really appreciate that, but I've never done this before.
Speaker 2: You along for the ride?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've never rated anything before, So could could you tell me?
Speaker 2: I was just letting you know that this could be one of those cereals that turn after and you were very quick with the rating. No, No, Andrew, this peanut butter one too, Andrew, think you'd like it.
Speaker 1: He's a big He's a big Reeseus puff and peanut butter things.
Speaker 2: Are you a peanut butter fan?
Speaker 3: People? Is my favorite cereal?
Speaker 2: Okay? Then here we go. Bring it on over.
Speaker 4: This is ghost Oh it already smells like, Oh my god, it smells like Captain Crunch peanut Butter's. I thought more already smelling. I thought more Reese's Puffs. I am not a Reese's Puffs fan. Really Captain Crunch peanut butter all day over?
Speaker 3: Okay Reese's Puffs.
Speaker 2: Sure, We're gonna pour some Farmland Fresh Dairies whole milk on there for you. Thank you so much Farmland Fresh Dairies for that milk.
Speaker 3: Now, what is this?
Speaker 4: Is this a gimmick like it's like some proteins hoot and free, or it's protein.
Speaker 2: It's protein. I think you're gonna like this one. There's eighteen grams of protein. It's like creamy or peanut butter, which I liked. What did you ran up by the way before I cut yours? You give it four thoughts. I'm also gonna give it four balls. It's good because it didn't turn gross.
Speaker 4: This is so interesting. Okay, So here's what I think it is. It definitely has the recy puffs texture in front what now Reese's puff? Okay, go ahead, texture and crunch. But I think it has the Captain crunch flavor, the what now Captain crunch peanut butter flavor. I'll let it go because you're not a surreal head like we are on Captain. Thank you.
Speaker 2: It's okay, it's good. It is pretty good. I thought it was going to turn turn.
Speaker 3: The approtrate is very drying out my mouth.
Speaker 2: Though, Yeah, like that's more of an after effect, like it doesn't have the after taste. No, but I'm just saying because it doesn't have an after taste. I thought it would have that gross one that you want to spit in the trash. Yeah it doesn't.
Speaker 4: I love the technicality that you have with this, Like, I don't know you're a true technician in your reviews. It's like that makes you real deal like or just a jerk. No, I respect it, No, thank you. I respect it a lot.
Speaker 2: You.
Speaker 3: I think you're just.
Speaker 2: He's just along for the ride, right, Yeah, so you think Robin in the little side motorcycle. You know, let me tell you something. Next time Andrew can't record with me, I would like you to sit in. Would you accept?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: Could? Good? So what do you what do you rate this one? Five balls? Spoon being a half three bowls three balls? Wow, I'll take critic he is. But I see why.
Speaker 4: I see why now if I'm am I writing writing us in peanut butter.
Speaker 2: No, just overall, because.
Speaker 4: I think, like Captain Captain Crunch, peanut butter would be my five star peanut butter cereal. And this, I mean doesn't get to four. I mean it's not even closed.
Speaker 2: But this is going to be your healthier cereal. You know, that's more of a that's more of a kid sugary cereal? This this you know, not that much sugar at all in here.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So well, thank you, Josh, I appreciate that. Thanks. Enjoy the rest of your day, buddy.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: All right, take care now. All right, So that was that. We're good. We're good. Yeah, yeah, I like guests.
Speaker 1: What was that?
Speaker 2: I like guests?
Speaker 1: Well, we need a third mic in here.
Speaker 2: When's that coming? I've been asking for quite some time. Yeah, anyway, thank you for listening to Serial Killers. This has just been I feel like this has been a bit of a discombobulated episode. Maybe it's because I'm freshly back off the VID. I don't know, but it's like all over maybe.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, you haven't kept my mic on the whole time. That's thank you for listening to this episode of Cereal. I actually don't think my mic has been on.
Speaker 2: No, it's on. Please follow us at serial Killers PC on Instagram and our friends Farmland Fresh Dairies also on Instagram. Cawface has all kinds of fun activities for you to do and see.
Speaker 1: And I'm actually really excited that Fall is coming, because nothing is better than when it's like a little bit cool. Fall day and you get like a nice cup of chocolate milk for me personally, Like I'm really like, I just I love cold chocolate milk on a crisp fall day.
Speaker 2: You know, I like to take my Farmland Fresh Daies chocolate milk and heat it up on the stove in a little nonstick pot.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's a move. That's a move.
Speaker 2: Anyway, we're gonna get out of here. Thank you for listening. We'll try to get your bowl chat at some point this week, but for sure another serial Killer is on Monday, because we're doing it right after this.
Speaker 1: Make sure you follow us at serial Killers PC Brain. Make sure you follow me at Andrew Pug, make sure you follow him at de Scotti Beyond Instagram. Make sure you're subscribed whoever you're watching these things. And yeah, like rate review follow We actually haven't read any reviews lately.
Speaker 2: We're gonna do that soon.
Speaker 1: This episode.
Speaker 2: This is a long and man, twenty one minutes. We gotta roll. Have a great day. We thanks THO, say crunch Andrew, we gotta roll crunch. Oh darn what, there's something I wanted to show you. Oh and I wanted you to try. But now we're gonna have.
Speaker 3: To push it.
Speaker 2: Tea. Now, we're gonna have to push it.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: So, I guess where is it? Oh? Here it is. On the next Serial Killers, Andrew and I will try something that I found a shop right right on the end cap.
Speaker 1: Okay, see uh