Speaker 1: This episode of Busting with the Boys. The Boys is presented by Barstool Sports.
Speaker 2: All Right, Riley, oh for one, you didn't clap. It's okay though, there you go ahead, you can go ahead.
Speaker 3: Yo, Hey, I'm fired up. Man. The Grandpa's never died. I wish Grandpa's never died.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was stoked number one saw that out. I was like, you lie, well because I heard the jam. I heard the tune and I loved it because I love my grandpa.
Speaker 2: Sure R.
Speaker 3: I p will Compton Sr. But uh and you know how, you know how I rocked that hat.
Speaker 1: If mama ain't happy and nobody happy, my grandpa's had so big Grandpa guy, so hearing that song obviously huge fan.
Speaker 3: Probably the best name for a song you can have.
Speaker 4: It's it's probably the most stereotypical country song out there.
Speaker 2: But agree to write the most stereotypical country song is probably the goal. That's that's gotta be it. I do remember the title I wrote down was my Green Daddy passed away. In February last year. I was in Vegas, found out, got on a plane, flew back to Nashville, and drove home. Got the Alabama like three in the morning and wrote the title down Wishcampo has never died. Really didn't write it for another couple of months, but I didn't want to write this song about my grandpa, you know what I mean about like us fishing and doing this and that whatever that's kind of been done before. So I just wrote a song that I thought was like, if I was having a conversation with the two of them today, what would they ask me? Like, Hey, man, what do you think about traveling the country? How's it been? What would you change about it? This, that and the other. And that was kind of the thing. That's unbelievable.
Speaker 3: That's awesome.
Speaker 4: Sorry to hear about your grandfather. I apologize, Well, that's you know, that's that's part of it.
Speaker 2: You guys are obviously really close to close with all your family. Yeah, my whole family lives within about ten minutes of me in Alabama. So my grandmother, Lila Jean still lives at the bottom of the hill. My granny, my great grandmother, she was ninety eight, just passed away over Christmas. So, like, I grew up around my whole family and they had a lot of influence on me. Obviously. That's unbelievable. When do you get into country music? So did you play sports? I did. I played football, baseball, and basketball through high school and then I played football at j A issue for my couple of years at Jacksonville State. Jacksonville State. Yeah, he has just a powerhouse game cocks man, the game, Cocks the game the best one too. Yeah. We were pretty tough and we were a position. I was a quarterback. You could sing that piece or what I used to could throw it man back in the day. Yeah, were you big football is number one? Do you really I'm going to the NFL? No? No, no, you thought. No, I'm gonna play a little college ball and get out of here. That was one thing I learned about playing the little college football is there's no shortage of good athletes. Like that's something I didn't know about. Like, obviously we had some decent players in my region was high school, but like we got transferred from every Division one school every year. Like we would get some players in the fall that were high school graduates, and then the spring we would get a whole nother team. Because we were division in Double A, you didn't have to sit out a year to come to Jackson State. So guys that got in trouble or maybe didn't make grades or got injured or whatever it was would transfer to JSU. And that was Actually I was the starting quarterback in two thousand and eight and we signed Ryan Parlew off of LSU's national championship team. Oh those friends back up, you know. So he was obviously a lot better player than I was, but we we had that every year. And that was one thing I picked up as a man. There's just a lot of great players. Guys come in and out all the time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I always think to myself because I was a guy that was almost ineligible. I ended up going to the University of Michigan, but I was this close to working construction the rest of my life. Like I was saying, no offense people working construction. That's a hard job. Same But it's like I always think to myself, like what about Like there's got to be so many athletes, for one reason or another, whether they get in trouble, don't have the grades that could easily be from an athletic standpoint in the NFL.
Speaker 2: But that just aren't without a doubt. And the other thing is and it you know, it was like linemen. We would have a lineman that wasn't six seven, he was six four. So you got that like Alabama's going to get the cream of the crop. Auburn. You know, we were competing against all those guys in recruiting, but you got guys that are just as good all player, but on paper, right, just didn't have that little fifty not three seventy five, you know whatever it is. So there's a lot of great ball players out there. And you know, like I said, the injury thing and then the grades and staying out of trouble is another big part of it. With all the eyeball players got on now. So it's a there's a lot of good ball players out there. I did learn that.
Speaker 1: Was there some guys that you played with that ultimately played in the NFL?
Speaker 2: Or Yeah, it was a guy named TJ. Heath from Alexandria that ended up going to NFL, and he was a great ballplayer. I saw a lot of guys that were like TJ that were great high school players and got to Jacksonville State and became really great ballplayers, you know. And there was a guy named Dwayne Talbert. There was a big old boy played defensive line, and he was a pretty good high school player at Jacksonville with me, got up there and just started working. And that's the thing is, you don't a lot of times, you don't have those coaches that are really going to push you like you do in college, because I mean, it's a job. You don't get paid for when you unless you're really good. You're expected to do your fitting and then get us right. Yeah, exactly right.
Speaker 3: When'd you get in the music?
Speaker 2: Right around that time? My green Daddy Bufford was a big country music fan. He had a old guitar and I'd like sitting around and play with him. But as far as like doing it and going out and playing in bars, I was in college.
Speaker 3: So were you were the man then? Probably at Jacksonville State. Yeah, quarterback the only thing got the guitar.
Speaker 2: There and draw. Yeah, I'll tell you what, dude, But everybody, everybody talks like that down there.
Speaker 3: Boy, he's a good d lineman.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I probably got into it in college.
Speaker 2: You've been we've been out for five minutes. Is already making funny?
Speaker 4: Hey no, no, no, Probably to stand up for yourself on this podcast, I guess.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're right, You're right. I'm always trying to stir up well a little bit that.
Speaker 4: I mean, yeah, dude, playing football so much, such a fun time and double D one double A. Didn't have the opportunity, didn't get recruited D one double A.
Speaker 2: But was the opportunity. Didn't have the opportunity to get out there.
Speaker 4: But I mean playing football with the boys is awesome and being from that area is pretty cool too.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well that was like a thirteenth grade for us. I went to Jacksonville High School, so I was right there. I had a couple opportunities to go play baseball at the smaller school here there. But just playing football in the same city that I grew up in, that was like, that was cool, your family coming all the games, signed in the Yeah, no, we I was just gonna say we played our home high school games in Jacksonville State Stadium for a long time. We didn't have a stadium. Yeah, So I mean, like that's just that was home that Jacks will say it was.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you were definitely the man.
Speaker 2: It was cool man swinging that thing around there.
Speaker 3: That's awesome where he grew up and everything to you.
Speaker 2: For Your grandfather's name is Bufort. Buford Green and Linden Bond's Beauford and Lola, Jean and Linden and Nancy. Dude, that's something out of a movie. I've got a Francis Higginbotham was an aunt. She called me a while ago earlier. Francis higginboth Yeah for Higginbotham, Higginbotham. Yeah, she called me to make sure the tornado didn't get me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I tell you what, So, where do you live around? And you don't have to say specifics, but where do you live around? Nashville now, Juliet?
Speaker 2: Okay, So that it went through there? It did. Yeah, it was a little bit north of me. It was on those set of forty for me, without giving the exact coordinates. Yeah, up, were you up last night? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I was.
Speaker 2: I saw the lightning was was kind of going crazy, so I went out and was watching for it. Power went out. Obviously my phone wasn't working, so I really didn't. I mean, it's the same issue. A lot of people came in. I guess you didn't really know what was happening. Power goes out, you don't have one of those little radios or something or a way to keep up with it. Yeah, you know, so it's a little scared. That's stuff's wild.
Speaker 4: I've never I grew up in Arizona, so there was never a thought of a tornado. And I went to Michigan said that already weird. But they had like a couple of tornado scares. But never did I ever think it was a big deal. I say that ignorantly now knowing that the damage it's caused. But it's I literally through the whole thing and it landed, you know, two three miles from where I live, and start just started going.
Speaker 2: But it was just I do you watch a Bachelor That's how we were going, now, Yeah.
Speaker 3: And it was it was it was playing the Weather channel, just basically playing. It's like, well, I don't think it's gonna come.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're not going to catch the show tonight. I'll tell you what I know.
Speaker 4: I know that Bachelor show is ridiculous every sense of the word. But damn it, it really gets you going.
Speaker 2: Really, yeah it does. Do you make fun of it? I don't really know anything about it. I know what the premise is, but I've never watched enough of it to really.
Speaker 3: If one of your boys, I apologize wis Harrison. If Harrison was on the bar, I was like, hey.
Speaker 2: You want to watch Bachelor tonight? Was now you make fun of him? Yeah? Watch, Yeah, I make fun of Harrison for sure. Yeah. Yeah, he's watched a couple and I.
Speaker 1: Was the same way, and I just I was getting an ivy with Taylor and then that we're the first episode of The Bachelor was playing, and I was, I got I got it, I got sucked in.
Speaker 2: I gotta tell about how he's sitting and he watches The Bachelor. Hell yeah, who is used on this camera? He's got a pink robe on, right, people? If people sit like that watching The Bachelor like this? Has you watched a Bachelor? Have been watching last night?
Speaker 1: He said, that's how But it went off, It went off, and then it was all the storm warnings.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and just a twick thing.
Speaker 4: If you guys want to go help people that have been affected by the tornado, you can go to our website. Go to Barstool's website. Yeah, purchased Nashville Strong T shirt. All proceeds go to the people that were affected by the tornado.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: But yeah, back on the Bachelor though, all right, you know, so you obviously know who Chase Rice is I'm sure you guys have met before, and so there was did you hear about the situation of.
Speaker 2: Him and the ball There's something about he dated to girls on The Bachelor and then he was on the show or something, and there's been like a couple of things back and forth.
Speaker 4: And I don't want to put word and chase his mouth because that's not the kind of person I want to be. But I think he said something like they never they went on like add date, and like he didn't want her to go on the show or something like that, and she ended up going on the show. Well, the producers of The Bachelor set up a blind date, like they said it, like.
Speaker 2: They do dates, they do one on ones. There's twenty three girls and they slowly go down and then girls get a card with a date. They don't know who's going.
Speaker 4: So this Victoria girl ends up going on a date. You know exactly what I'm talking about right now, don't you. Yeah, back, let's get So these two go on a date and they go to what's that amusement park in uh In, Ohio.
Speaker 3: All the one with the point.
Speaker 4: So they go there and then there's a private concert with the country singer going there and this handsome, handsome bold with the beards getting after it, and she's like, holy shit, that's my fucking ex boyfriend right there. So that's and so it's they're on they're literally on stage and they're from you know, me to Alex.
Speaker 2: But they did it on purpose.
Speaker 1: They did it on purpose. Bachelor did but neither of them knew. Chase nor Victoria nobody knew the setup point.
Speaker 2: Wait, did the Bachelor guy that took her on a date know that they No, they had no idea.
Speaker 1: So she broke it to him at dinner later because he thinks he's the man, like, you know, I know you're loving this. And they're at dinner later that night and she, you know, starts crying a little bit, real dramatic, and then she's like, he uh, that's awkward.
Speaker 2: It is awkward. I actually I was watching. I just told you that I didn't want to watch The Bachelor. Now you got me watching it. No, don't watch the Bachelor.
Speaker 4: They don't support us with the boys yet, no free shoutouts, but I will. I thought it was such a funny situation. I was sitting there and I texted Chase and I was like, like, is all this stuff true, I didn't get a text. I don't know what to think of the whole thing. But I'll tell you what I mean. I put my wife on that show. She thought it was She thought I was dumb. She says, this is ridiculous. Why would you put people in the situation. The show is hilarious, it's kind of you just want to tune off for a little bit. It's it's awesome. I think it's hilarious. But people are fucked up, man, fucked up ship and when you go.
Speaker 2: We had a guy who was who was on The Bachelor. He like or the Bachelor wrette he won the show. They got engaged, and so if you win, you get married. You if you win, you get engaged and go to the It's crazy and go on Jimmy Fallon. Then you I'm sure you write a book or something like that. I don't know. Basically, it's a it's a git, it's a get popular fast scheme. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: There's different there's different varieties of celebrity, and I would say that's part of the lower tier on my list of reality TV celebrity. But the so so they break up, he comes in the show, and he's telling us that when you go on, you basically sign away your rights, Like they can depict you.
Speaker 2: In any way they want. They can make you look however you want. They can cut a scene where you're looking all mad or maybe just staring off in the distance, and then it shows them showing up just to cause drama on the show. Oh you know, I've lived it, not the Bachelor. I was on a reality show and see them t were you really? Yeah? It was called Redneck Island, Redneck. I can't I'm bringing this up. I'm usually like hoping people terrible homework.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: Oh by the way, nice to meet you.
Speaker 1: Oh hey, look, was on Reddneck Island Till you were a Winner, hosted by Stone Cold Well.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, if you all want to tell the story, I will. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Hell yeah.
Speaker 2: I didn't know if it was important enough to bring up. Oh yeah, it's important show. I was playing a show at the floor Obama during the Coast and some guy comes up during my set and he's like, hey, man, I'm a'm a castinated for the show on CMT is called Redneck Island. You'd be perfect for it. And I'm like, yeah, okay, whatever you know, dude's drunk, give him my phone number. He calls me from somebody calls him from LA. The next Monday, send over this contract and it is like, very plainly, like, can portray you in false light? Can do this that whatever. So I was like very skeptical about doing it. Now, obviously I was playing country music at time, so I was like, well, what an opportunity. The problem is, I've never seen anybody on a reality show and thought, oh my gosh, look how smart that guy is. Yeah, you know, they make it, but I look so cray. I'm with you always. There's always like if you watch enough shows, like there's one or two people there like you're rooting for, it's just hard to like a lot of people on there because they're I mean you, They just make it, make you look crazy. They want the drama. That's why it makes the show. So I was a little skeptical about doing it, but I figured, man, if they just mentioned I play and saying and some people watching it, you just need one one person believe you, right. So you know, I went on the show. I was super boring. I slept most of the time. And then one thing about it, if I don't went on the show when I was about twenty two. It had been all but I was like twenty seven, you know, like so I was I was pretty boring. I kind of got that little bit of craziness out of my system and everybody just like fought, drank, got hammered. But the competitions were pretty tough, like swimming, kayak and paddle board and like basically fighting in the pit at the end of the thing. So it was a it was pretty serious, but we ended up winning. Me and my partner was Becky, little girl from Louisiana, and uh, you know you won one. Yeah, he won by sleeping through it. Slept through it and hibernated, hibernated the different that's a Bears deal. So what's the premise. What's the premise of the show. So that's the other thing. It's not like the real world where you're just in the house at him right there. Real world road, you on the left. I'm not on the right, if that's what you mean. I'm not the girl bikini on that r't you started? You started eating different man like you you're a little skinny there. He was a little more buffed up right now. Well, this is a smaller shirt. I was skinny. I weigh like one hundred and teenty five pound out of high school. What do you wear now? Ye? Two?
Speaker 4: Maybe right around two, I'll tell you what boy's been getting after it. Well, I don't mean anything by that. I'm not coming on to you or anything.
Speaker 2: Thanks. Unless you're interested, then we talk about it. But my wife will be mad. Okay, let's just so.
Speaker 3: Is it like Real World Rotary?
Speaker 2: It's like that. Yeah, the competitions are similar to that, and then they put a bunch of crazy people in the house together. So it's twenty four people, twelve guys, twelve girls, and we all compete and uh, you know, it's the drama's there. But it's just like one thing I saw because you when the show came on after we go sit around and watch it like my hometown. And that was fun because obviously I was there, but I didn't know what the hell was gonna be on the show, because you really don't know how they're gonna make you look, so like somebody would say one thing and then it would show me staring off like I'm mad at them, and they walk off and they would show them. But I wasn't even looking at them like I was like, you know, so they can do a lot of stuff up with the cameras there, and there's cameras everywhere on each twenty four to seven. Yeah, and I never thought that you would get used to cameras being around. But when you wake up on day three and you go in there and you're eating cereal and there's a camera you face, you finally just get like, you don't need pay attention. This is it.
Speaker 4: I'd be so worried about making myselfling an asshole on those things. Yeah, something like an asshole on this.
Speaker 2: You'd be good at it. Yeah, you'd be entertaining. I don't know, I probably because they'd get to paint you.
Speaker 3: However, that's the thing.
Speaker 2: I don't think I'd get the probably get the shorten of the stick at the end of the day. So the other thing was like we would go film for three days and then we would do three days worth the interviews. So you know when you see them like sitting in front of a screen of some sort and they're like so this and they're like commentating their own life. Yeah, that's done three days after it happened. When you got to talk about it like it's happening right then. So I'm like, so I'm walking into the room and this is what I see in that, and I mean it. It would take like three or four hours to go and catch up. She would have a script of like what all happened, you know, and some of them they would like get drunk before that. Really they would say like crazier things.
Speaker 1: I was curious about that too, because they're talking about the situations. I'm like, have they watched have they watched ahead of time?
Speaker 2: Some of their stuff?
Speaker 3: Are they just?
Speaker 2: But the lady will sit there and ask you, and she'll have a script if everything's happened and what she wants to talk about. But the other thing is they like when when they asked me to go to the show, they flew me to Atlanta and put me in a hotel with I assume everybody else took your room key, gave you like one hundred dollars per diem a day to get room service, and they would just bring you like a scantrawn of a thousand questions and you'd be like, my dad's a good person, true or false? The work of a library and interesting me true or falls like crazy stella. They could have just had one I'm crazy tru or false. Yeah, they asked a million questions and it's because they would do like psych evaluations and forge out what your personality was, so they knew that you were going to clash with this person in the house or that.
Speaker 4: Really, Yeah, what's the hardest thing I had to do in that show? Because it looked like they were doing something. They were like climbing up polls and shit, I don't this guy's falling.
Speaker 2: What's the other show? He's got like a skull aisle, broken skull ranks. Those are some men on there like fighting some stuff. They're getting after it and not things. This looks fun, yeah, but it was. It was tough. Like the the finale took several hours and it was literally swimming kayak and put a puzzle together. Like this thing right here in the pit is like literally a fight.
Speaker 3: Is this when somebody gets eliminated?
Speaker 2: It is so Yeah, if you lose a thing guy and guy groll against girls that was me in the yellow You win that one? I did? Yeah, he won the whole thing. Yeah here and I'm still alive. Things you can't lose in the pit. If you losing the pit. You're out. You're out. That's right. Damn dude, that's some serious ship.
Speaker 4: And so you're around all these people, these guys and girls all the time, people just hooking up left and right.
Speaker 2: Uh there was something going on. Uh I didn't. I didn't watch it or anything like fair enough. Yeah, I mean, yeah, yeah, do it and I'm good. They would come get me, but Raley, get up, we need some be roller. You're doing something, Get up, just go and I'd go, like watch them have a food fight in the living rooms. Feel like and these guys are crazy. Go back to sleep.
Speaker 1: This episode of Busting with the Boys is brought to you by Whoop. If you guys don't follow me on IG, you know, if you guys follow me on IG, you guys know. I am obsessed with the Whoop and posting some data every now and then. It is honestly the best fitness tracker in the game.
Speaker 3: It you know. It allows you to put you in.
Speaker 1: An algorithm and gives you all these personalized insights on performance of your sleep, how recovered your body is, how much stress you put on your body? By showing you the strain you put on your body, throughout your day from workouts and normal stressors of life. It's got a little customized journal in there that you can swipe left and right customize out how you want answer certain questions quality of life, did you take anti inflammatories? Are you wearing blue light blockers? Did you stretch? Have you meditated? A lot of stuff that like puts puts all this data in and gives you a score, a ready score or recovery score every day, whether you're already in shape or looking towards being healthier. Whoop helps provide actionable insights that are personalized to you. What's great with whoop Every day you get up, you get the recovery score that I was telling you about based on your HRV, which is your heart rate variability you're resting heart rate and sleep performance from that previous night. That can be used as an indicator to how to approach your day training all of it. If say you know you have green recovery like above, I want to say like seventy percent, that's a sign that you can have a more intensive workout.
Speaker 3: But if it's red red, there's also yellow.
Speaker 1: But if it's red below one below like thirty, I believe that's a signal that you might want to take a rest day or an active recovery. On an active recovery day, you know, to get your HRV back up, to get your recovery back up. So it's really good shit, man. It even has built in features like a strain coach, which actually gives you target exertion goals for your workouts optimally for the level of your intensity. If you're not sure what type of training your body is ready for. This is an awesome feature to keep you from overtraining. So on days you get up you feel like you just feel shitty and you just you just don't feel right about working now, Like it's just like, man, it's been a long day.
Speaker 3: You might not know, but your HRV might.
Speaker 1: Be really fucking low, your recovery might be really low, and your WOOP would tell you that you need to take a recovery day, versus like, hey, you know, be tough of shit, get through it. Everybody feels this way. That's true, but also you could be smarter in your training and based on how strenuous for your day is. It has a built in sleep coach, which actually lets you know how much sleep you should be getting so you can wake up and be recovered based on your performance goals. For our listeners, Whoop is offering fifteen percent off with the code busting at checkout. Go to woop at is whoop dot com and enter busting at checkout to say fifteen percent sleep better, recover, faster, train smarter, optimize your performance with the boys and with Whoop.
Speaker 2: See a big sleeper, love it, love sleeping, big feah, big sleep base sleep ye.
Speaker 3: Big sleep guy.
Speaker 2: He used to give me hell when I was, like when I dropped out of college and I was doing construction, I would sleep all day and then work a little bit and afternoon, and he'd be like, man, you just sleep in your life way. But I'm like, I enjoy it. Yeah, you're living your best life. I used to said an alarm when I knew it had anything to do, so I could get up and have that field of going, I can go back to bed. Really yeah, like that's great. That's the best field the world. That's unbelievable.
Speaker 3: Dude.
Speaker 2: So you so you did this thing, help it all with your music career. I didn't notice anything directly. I mean, obviously I'm sure some people found me from that, but Uh. When I got back from the show, I just went back to playing clubs and it was kind of the same thing. He just kept kind of growing gradually, and I started writing songs and putting them out.
Speaker 1: And people start how hard is it to get in the music to make a splash in the music scene.
Speaker 2: It's tough. I mean, with all the things that I've got going on, I still feel like it's a ripple, you know. I mean, and things have gone really well for me in the last couple of years, but it's just it's a tough business because there's so many people that are great. I mean, you can go to any bar you want to a Nashville of writers around and listen to guys play and sing that can sing better than I can. Yeah, you know, it's got great songs. It's just I was really fortunate that I played about every hole in the wall bar there was in Alabama, in Georgia, Mississippi, and people were having to watch me because they couldn't go anywhere else and get away from me. So like, I just got my name out there like that, and you know, they'd let me drink for free and pay me a couple hundred bucks every once in a while, So that was cool too. And when girls seem to like.
Speaker 4: It when you say you got so many things going on, like what other stuff? Like you're just constantly writing, constantly playing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean writing is one of those things where you know, you obviously come in town, you schedule riots with other writers and you meet up. But I'm not in town a whole lot, so I'm bringing writers out on the road.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: Obviously I wrote I Wish Grampa has never died by myself, So I write some songs on my own too, but on tour with Jason now Dan right now, my tour is kind of amongst that. You know, I'm playing a radio show tomorrow and San Antonio, so I mean there's just always stuff going on. You haven't we had a meeting today about what songs we're going to record, you know, did another radio interview this morning. So there's just a lot of stuff that I had no idea about that's kind of always going on. That's wild.
Speaker 1: And then like as you're as you're like getting bigger, and it's it's gradual. Does somebody like what is it, like a label or some company comes in and identifies you and like, hey, he's got something like, let's work with him and get him around our people.
Speaker 3: And you're kind of like, how, like, how does that all work?
Speaker 4: Like as you're growing, are you talking about like being categorized of what kind of country singer you should be?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Getting discovered?
Speaker 3: Yeah, once he gets discovered, are you like? Is it you just come along with this management company and then they pretty much put you, you know, their arm around you and you either sign aways. How does all that work?
Speaker 2: I think it's changed quite a bit because there are so many other ways to find music now because of Spotify. Because see, I'd put out twenty five thirty songs before I ever came to Nashville, but I was just recording them on my own and writing them on my own, and you know, they weren't great quality, but they were getting me followers. So that was me playing shows and putting on music. What helped me get attention to record labels. A lot of people will probably have done it in the past differently to where they come to Nashville meet a manager. I would say getting agent, because you're not going to be booked for shows if you're nobody, but a booking agent can leverage somebody else they have on their staff or another artist, say you want to take out so and so. Then once you let this person open for him, that kind of thing. So management would be a big part of it, a booking agent, and then beyond that, it would be them getting you in front of record labels. You know, if you're a really talented singer. I would imagine Christapleton could sign with the manager and go sit in front of any label in town and just blow them away with his vocals. I couldn't really do that because I wouldn't that kind of singer, but there's a lot of folks that are talented enough to do that kind of thing. Do you feel like, how do you feel about the direction touchy music's going right now? Because it's well, I mean it's I'm having some success one on the Charge number one song. Yeah, I'm at least I'm hopeful, you know. I mean guys like Luke Colmbs. I was a big fan of Luke and he's doing great. And he's definitely got that traditional sound. John Party's got a little bit of it. Eric Church have always thought it was cool, and he can do whatever the heck he wants. He's got to be the coolest guy out there. Yeah, so I'm like, you know, there's it's definitely making a swing. I think country mu's always done that, always got a little you know, and this was the deal for a while, and the more pop sound was a lot more popular for a while. But I think people are getting to where they're wanting something that's I mean, look at the Tyler Childers and Sturgel Simpsons and stuff like that, where I don't know that that would have went over well five years ago, but now it's doing really well, you know, And the fact that I can have any type of career right now is a testament that people are enjoying something about a traditional sound and country.
Speaker 1: Again.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's all about what you're making, right, whatever your version is. I mean, as long as people listen to it's gonna work.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And you know, they've got different names. They call it Americana or pop country or traditional country, whatever, but it's it's people writing songs and putting out music. And you know, some of it they play on country radio, some of they play on other stuff. Yep, no question.
Speaker 4: I mean, and I was I'm in Arizona right now and I'll put on country like a country station and it'll be like I won't hear a guitar the whole time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it'll just be beats.
Speaker 4: And then the next song will be like Midland who plays like that old school in the eighties, Like that got that hard twang.
Speaker 2: You're almost making fun of it, like they're that close to making very close.
Speaker 4: So I mean, I like the different the variety that country music brings. We talked to Thomas Read a little bit about this, and I was, I have zero musical talent, in my opinion, does not matter at all, trust me.
Speaker 2: But like I was like, hey, vocals are nice.
Speaker 4: I appreciate that. I appreciate that I can do. I can do a beast kept more. I think that's about it. But while I was talking about how like, you know, I don't like the way that the direction of country music is going, and I like all the beats and the pop, and then he kind of brought the idea of like well, Willie Nelson and Haggard and those guys, so they were outlaw country, and people were like, well, that's not real country.
Speaker 2: That's outlaw country. It's a way different.
Speaker 4: So it's constantly like evolving over and over, and I think one thing is from a popularity standpoint, totally contradicting myself, is going to those beats. Now, you know guys in the locker room who maybe just listen to rap, like, well, I do I like that song though. That's that's a good song. That's kind of transitioning over to where it's hitting a whole new demographic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's definitely opening up country music to a demographic that probably didn't listen to the country music because of that traditional sound, because of something that was missing in it, and the pop sound that's in country muic now is probably opening that door. My thing has always been like I hate to lose the storyteller important that was country mute to me. I mean, there's nothing about a George Jones song ninety percent of any way that made you want to get up and dance around the locker room. But it was something that made you feel a certain way, and it was something that kind of pulled on your heartstrings or whatever it was. So that part of the country music I hate to see us get away from. And what you're saying about listening to the radio and hearing no guitar for seven songs that bothers me a little bit, like, play it if it's if it's got variety in it. We're doing a little bit of this and that. That's fine because it's going to sway one way or other. But let's don't turn and run from traditional country music, right. I want it to be sprinkled in there. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, I'm it's part of it, you know what I'm saying. Like the blues, the blues have a certain format you have to go by it, and country music is not that like put into a box, but it's definitely there is like a there's like there's a Twain that needs to be there, there's that southern draw that needs to be there. There's that classic you know, talking about getting your heart broken, and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll never forget. They asked me my first ACMs I went to, and I was, of course nobody at the time, but they asked me about Old Town Road, about if it was a country song. And I never heard it, luckily for me, because I might have had a different opinion. But I said, why, what's what's it about? And they said, well, you know this song goes take my Horse to the Old Town Road. I said, well, I think I think country music is about storytelling, and so if the horse is going on some type of journey, then maybe it's a country song. I don't haven't heard any of it, but that's That's about the only way I can describe country music plainly. You say, it's storytelling, That's what country music is. Me. I'll tell you what one country song.
Speaker 4: I have a daughter right now, and the song I think it's Kenny Chesney's There Goes my Life. Yeah, and the transition of being eighteen years old and knocking up a girl and like all my life's over, and then she goes to college and I'm sitting there in the car by myself starting to cry, look like shit, like this is where's my daughter?
Speaker 2: And find it? You know what I'm saying. It's just it makes you feel it, definitely, It definitely makes you feel it was you're a good old boy, like in the best way possible.
Speaker 3: I know, dude, I messed with his like telling stories. I rock with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, did you tell a good story? It's it's especially in music.
Speaker 1: How much would you say, since it's like fifteen hundred strains for a buy, how much would you say, Like Spotify and all these streaming services has changed kind of the landscape of country or change the landscape.
Speaker 2: Of I mean it's night and day, yeah, I mean, And I came up in the era of burn CDs. I was like, we would go what is it, bear, share, lime, wire, whatever it was when we go through computer aids, Yeah, exactly a million pop ups. Yeah, but that was how what we did. We went to burn CDs, and I mean I can remember buying CDs. That was probably when I was twelve, you know. Then it was burn CDs, and then it was download music to put on your iPod. And now you can literally go in there and you can listen to anything you want at anytime. And just it's the other side of that people probably don't realize is as an artist, I could go, or anybody you could go and write a song and record it tomorrow and put it out that anybody could find it. That's pretty crazy. I mean not to say that if you're nobody, everybody's going to see it, but if you write a great song and it gets in the right hands and gets bounced around a little bit, viral, going viral is a thing, and you can literally do that. It's like that you can get playlisted on Spotify or Amazon or whatever it is, and you can literally get heard by thousands or millions of people and be a nobody.
Speaker 3: Do you do you like that? You think that's a you think that's like a positive thing.
Speaker 2: For since got to be. I don't know that I would have signed a record deal if it wasn't for that. I really don't. I mean, I had I don't know how many millions of streams that I didn't even know I had before I signed a record deal. That's that's crazy. I didn't. I didn't. I mean, I know a few thousand people in Jacksonville, Alabama, but I didn't know a million people. So it wasn't just my family doing it. You know, somebody found out about me. Family got a lot of cousins.
Speaker 4: It is, dude, that that social media has definitely played a huge part. It's probably helps a whole bunch of me. I just saw it popped up for a second with three and twenty three hundred and thirty two thousand followers.
Speaker 2: That's shipload of followers. I don't know that many people, That's what I'm saying, No question, I only know sixteen hundred people. You know, sixteen hundred. I'll be honest with you, I probably don't know sixteen hundred. I don't think so. Who do you who? Yeah, you probably don't. I bet you on one of those. Some of them are probably pretty Yeah, that's probably probably you gotta chase him down. That's a whole new thing too, dating after that Redneck Island, I tell you, Yeah.
Speaker 4: They probably popping up in the DM's big time. I mean, maybe not with that body you had during Redneck Island, but probably a couple of slots.
Speaker 2: Here and there trying to help me out and buy me dinner somewhere. Yeah, I get you to eat something.
Speaker 1: Our second shout out today no free shoutouts, are to the boys at Feltman's of Coney Island, the world's first hot dog brand, established back in eighteen sixty seven with Charles Feldtman being the inventor of the Glizzy the hot Dog. All the Glizzy gladiators out there just to keep continue to grill them up, continue to order from the boys because of the best hot dog in the game. Feltman's is also a military veteran run business. Revived in twenty fifteen. The founders Michael and Joe Quinn revived the brand and out of their late brother Jimmy, who was tragically killed on nine to eleven. And when I say veteran, own these are hardcore, real last veterans with thirty plus years in uniform, over one hundred and thirteen months deployed overseas. Joe has deployed three times to combat after his brother was killed on nine eleven. They all played D one sports at Army Shout out Army a little bit. The Quinn brothers are diehard sports fans, especially football and baseball. Guys. Best hot dog in the game. They're uncured beef, all natural hot dogs. Huge, huge glizzies. Dude, nice nice glizzies.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Bustin fans get a discount off the entire off the entire site with the order code busting at website www dot Feltman's off Coney Island dot com and for the veterans and first responders out there on their website. They also get an additional ten percent off with ID dot me at checkout. So go check out the boys at Feltmans again. Feltman's of Feltman's of Coney Island dot com get you a nice little discount from the Boys to the Boys for the Boys for the Feltman's Coney Island hot Dogs. Boys, I keep saying, boys, I apologize.
Speaker 3: Back to the episode, go ahead, Do you ever do that?
Speaker 2: Do you ever go on Tender or anything like that? You em on that. I jumped on Tender when I first got to Nashville. It was it didn't work out well for me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it wasn't pop.
Speaker 2: I mean, these were going.
Speaker 4: Decent, but it just felt uncomfortable. Well, here's when I meet somebody like that. And people get married all the time on dating sites.
Speaker 2: I have.
Speaker 4: I know somebody that went to Plenty of the Fish, Plenty of Fish in theseea dot com. Whi's like a Christian dating website, farmers Only farmers only dot com. They had the best fucking commercials too. They had the best commercials ever made. But I don't know, like swiping right and meeting up and you guys both know what you're gonna do, but you have to have like fifteen minutes of chit chat.
Speaker 2: Were here's here's here's one thing we really need to talk about. It's like used to dating was kind of hard. You had to put in an effort. You had to text or call it, go see or meet their parents. Whatever can we're taking all that now. It's like all you have to do is slide in somebody's d MS now and then that was too hard, So now we want to just just swipe it. All you want to do is this to let them know that you like that? Come on, you know what I mean? Like it's one thing to say that we're using social media today and you don't actually have to see a person or like, but to be like a swipe is all you have to.
Speaker 3: Do now, Swipe right, swipe left, yes.
Speaker 2: No, do you like me? You don't have to ask? Do you think I'm good looking enough? Do you think I'm pretty? Do you want a piece of this? Swipe right? No, you don't, swipe left? See you gone forever? Is it going to get easier than that?
Speaker 4: Virtual reality headsets? You just playing with yourself in your bathroom?
Speaker 2: Love and right when you walk in.
Speaker 3: The club, it's a virtual reality headset.
Speaker 4: I think they do that. They do that porn. Now they have virtual reality porn.
Speaker 2: I figured y'all would have a headset in here. Someone I know, Alex think, well, somebody who if there was ever on this bus now virtual reality this bus. No, I'm not the guy for virtual reality porn. That's not me, that's not out there.
Speaker 4: That's not your deal. I had a guy show me one time. It was like your phone and you'd hold your phone like this and the girl was doing whatever to you and you could literally go and look around there like yeah, over here, Yeah there's there's a place. So there's some lady watering the plant and she's blowing you or something like that.
Speaker 2: Something crazy. You're between this crazy ship between the strap that's gonna get too boring and you have to have like the cops with your mom busting or something. Dude, there's something really realistic. I was actually talking to my wife about porn the other day and she was saying that, like, I'll tell you what. We had a weird relationships past that. We were at dinner.
Speaker 4: There was a family next to us and a small child, and we were talking about porn and they were saying something like, uh, the big porn thing now is like your stepsisters coming in, like your stepsisters, like like people are banging their stepsisters and stuff on porn.
Speaker 2: That's like really was happening, that's what people like, what do you mean it's a big thing, like if like in America thing in America. If you go to these these porn sites, it'll pop up like you not. Don't you pull up any porn sites right to the bus? Is not getting aid? Go to porn dot com and then I bet you it will pop up like Stepsister, Banks, Brothers, Bag Most Popular, Banks Brothers, Big Piece most Why Why are they purple? You've been clicking on them? Hey, these are purple? You've clicked on all these damn things. Want to be clear, They're not purple. They are purple. It gets lonely on the bus where you're sitting right there. This' that's that used to be.
Speaker 3: I always I always wondered why the boys come in two hours early.
Speaker 2: I'm like, man, that's so much to work. What are they?
Speaker 4: What was your family thinking when they listened to this podcast hear us talking about porn.
Speaker 2: They probably will listen to it. Okay, probably disrespected on the bottom. Yeah, they'll probably watching The Bachelor. Hey, the battles in the first five minutes of this, and then go watch The Bachelor. I bet you watched that show once. I feel like I have now y'all filled me on this season.
Speaker 4: It's solid. There's three people left. Some girl from Knoxville is in it. She's a model, probably Instagram model, but I don't know. Maybe she'll be a French model, a French model. The show just type.
Speaker 2: Pornhub dot com says Fortnite.
Speaker 3: Stormy Daniels Fortnite four K, romantic trans Okay, Jesus outdoor tattoos.
Speaker 2: I can get on board with that. You have any tattoos, not tattooed guy, I don't like to have a problem with him. I just made it through the era of my mom would kick my butt if I got one and then didn't feel like I need one after that enough.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would agree with that too. I've never heard that logic, but yeah, my parents wouldn't have wanted me to get one the entire time I was, you know, in their household.
Speaker 4: My dad was always cool with me getting tattoos, but he never wanted me to get earrings, which I thought was such a ridiculous thing, as you can always take earrings. He's got like a thing that's cool, you know, do what you want. So here you can do this, but don't do this, all right.
Speaker 2: I got hearings once. I used to have gauges. I can I can see there. We just met. We just met.
Speaker 4: We were working on a foundation of fragment here, and I feel like you're really wavering back and forth.
Speaker 2: You're sizing me up on that seventy steam count. I'm just trying to picture you growing up and just tattooed up with the big gauge in yep, eight years old, tattooed. That's kill in my ear. I'll tell you I was a bad kid. I was a bad I was a bad, bad kid for a little bit.
Speaker 3: But then I thought one of those kids that picked up like use cigarette buds on it.
Speaker 2: You know, I used to do that. That's why you said it.
Speaker 3: We got to do this for the pod.
Speaker 4: Let me know that when I was when I was in eighth grade, I used to so freestyle motocross is my thing. I anything with an engine, I'm obsessed with it.
Speaker 2: Again, I used to watch Metal Militia. But again I closed the story.
Speaker 4: A thousand times, but I still would have guessed that, yeah, yeah, yeah, and so metal you know, do you ever ride dirt bikes or anything like that?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: Okay, well something new to pick up because it's unbelievable. So Metal Militia, Nitra Circus talking about Travis strowna twitch, those types of dudes and metal militia with like these the badass dudes.
Speaker 2: So I'd be like in eighth grade.
Speaker 4: I grew up in cath Creek, Arizona, a small town, and so I got to write my dirt bike everywhere.
Speaker 2: If the cops started to pull me over, just rip in the desert. You're gone.
Speaker 4: So I'd go to the gas station, the target, and I finally half smoked cigarettes.
Speaker 2: That smoked the cigarettes. I thought it was so cool.
Speaker 4: How disgusting is that? I used to wear my pants solo. If I wasn't wear an UNDERWEA could see my ass and goes, no, I wasn't a Dickey Jackie's Baan mar Jerras shirt. I mean that's with all that c k y and jackass like that was. I was a want to be that, okay, but I was.
Speaker 2: Terrible a running dirt bikes.
Speaker 3: I was no good.
Speaker 2: It was my thing though. It's how I grew up.
Speaker 3: Let's get back to the bueno music.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right, that's probably fair. When did it start to turn around for you? Like, when did it start to trend upwards fast? Uh?
Speaker 2: I wrote a song called Barry Me and Dixie about Alabama. I played it at some shows, and you know, I of course people with video stuff put on YouTube and it started to get a lot of traction. I wrote a song called Georgia Tom, and that was the second one that people started really singing at shows. When was this two thousand and I don't know, fifteen? Somewhere in there, I guess fifteen sixteen. I did a show with Luke colmbs borkho Zaydiko in Birmingham and Luke wasn't This is seventeen, probably Luke wasn't real big yet, and I didn't think anybody knew who I was or outside of my little county. And I went down there and open for him was sold out and people were singing my songs. So then I go back and I sell it out like two months later. And then two months after that, I go sell twelve hundred and sixty tickets at a place called Iron c in Birmingham and just had no clue people knew me. So then you fast forward me going to some new markets, people's word of mouth. I didn't have a book, an agent calling me to come play these places, and then I go play in Chicago at Joe's Barr five six hundred people show up. Big Machine Records was there. They offer me a record dealing the spot. Really yeah, so you take it yourself? Yeah, I mean I had my phone number on a little card. It was on the website. Really yeah, well house. The feeling was that when you're singing, that's what you're and these people are singing back this. It's crazy and that's got to be the coolest show is nuts. And I mean, you know, obviously you get some on the radio, and that's a fairly normal thing. You know, once when people start hearing your songs played, they know them. But back then it was so crazy to me because I was just surprised people were showing up, people knew who I was because there was really no reason for it. It was just what was going on was I'd put these songs out and people riding around letting their buddies listen to them in the truck. I mean, that's how it was spreading.
Speaker 3: And where are you putting them out at?
Speaker 2: Like I put everything on tune Core, which would send it to like everything we sended, like Amazon, Apple, Spotify, YouTube, all that. I didn't really know what I was doing. I just ask around and that was you know what people said. They said CD Baby was one of them, Tune Corps one of them. So I did that one. And then I figured out, you like go on line and there's like a little account and I was getting money like for streams, and it kept getting bigger and bigger. So like this is cool man swimming houses during the week, making like five hundred dollars in the hot sun, and they'll make it on Friday night playing you know, so that's awesome. I'm gonna be rich. That's what I figured.
Speaker 1: I just basically word of mouth and doing your own research on the internet, and then you're plugging this stuff.
Speaker 2: On yeah, Because I mean I never came to Nashville and like played a showcase or like you know, got in front of the right people. People started they started coming to my shows. So it was really fan driven. So when when did you decide, like I got to get to Nashville. I'm big enough to go to Nashville. Now I didn't. I signed a publishing deal in twenty eighteen, like around March with the Warner Chapel. I signed my record deal with Big Machine the next week, and then Big Machine got me a place in midtown, and I went on the road on radio tour. Literally I just got done building my own house. I was still a home builder at the time. I built my house in Alabama, moved in in January of eighteen, signed a record deal in March, and I've stayed there like maybe two months in two years, so I've got a brand new hop. My mom was sending me pictures of furniture getting delivered there.
Speaker 3: Like that year.
Speaker 2: I went on the road for the first eight weeks in radio tour, didn't come home and it just continued. How often you get home now, you don't know? I mean I went home for we played in Knoxville the other day and I didn't have a ride home. So I bought it sixty six Mustang for a few thousand dollars from a guy. Broke down before I got out of town, and then it broke down when I got home, but I drove it. But now you have the frame of a sixty six Mustang fast back convertible. What is it? It's a hatchback? And is it like original? Everything original? Everything inside's perfect and it just got that straight six motor in it like it's it's it's bad. It's got a little bit of paint work and he's done, but it's short. I'll show you a picture sometimes, dude, car like those old cars that are kind of beat up. Got that Like, I wouldn't touch it. I mean, like the guys all you need to repainted whatever because of the trunk's got some paint coming off and it's got some little lines. But I love it. Just clear code it. If you clear coat it, it'll stay the same way it is. Well. See, I don't I'm not a showroom guy. I don't like showroom cars. I want to be able to drive it. Yeah, that's that's fair. I like it.
Speaker 4: I like it like I'm big into like the rat rod kind of rusted out looking looking trucks and cars, and I'm a big Mustang guy.
Speaker 2: I had that.
Speaker 4: I had sixty seven g T five hundred and it, I mean it was like brand new. Everything inside was brand new, and I drove it maybe fifty times.
Speaker 2: In two years. It broke down so many times. My my first truck was a sixty eight Ford Bronco and I still got it. Really I sold it. I was broken. Broncs are the coolest sitis They're so awesome.
Speaker 1: Love it.
Speaker 2: And I'm always like getting on Craigslist at Facebook Marketplace when I'm going to shows and finding cars, Like I bought a couple of Jeeps last year when I was on tour with Paisley. I bought a nineteen eighty five Christo Libarion convertible with wood panel sideing on. It's bad ass, it's special. You can see the front tire like if I turned and it was raining, my feet will get wet. Really yeah, it's rusted out bad, but it's all that's to me. That's way cooler than buying like like guys got like the new Mercedes or the new Balls. The thing is, here's the harerison new Mercedes. Lie, I see that Mercedes? Is that you outside? I apologize. I'm not trying to throw shit at the ball when we just felt like my car is on there and none to be disappointed in. I'll tell you I was.
Speaker 3: I was creepy.
Speaker 2: Ya Hey, Mercedes does have a nice ride.
Speaker 4: But like if you buy a new Mercedes, your coolest guy in the block for a year, and then that new Mercedes comes and then what are you gonna do? Now you have that sixty eight Bronco you get cooler every single year.
Speaker 1: Football is coming back, and that means Sundays are back. Why only watch one Sunday out of the out of your only market game when you can watch all of them and catch it all with Sunday NFL Ticket NFL Okay, NFL Sunday Ticket dot tv. Good news for the NFL fans, DirecTV has expanded the service, so if you live in an apartment or big city where DirecTV service is not available, you can now get NFL Sunday Ticket without a satellite. To see if you're eligible, you go online NFL Sunday Ticket dot tv and stream every NFL Sunday Ticket game this season to follow your favorite teams, follow the Boys no matter where you live. You can also stream from all your favorite devices. I will tell you those devices in a minute. But you can use promo code busts and twenty at checkout to say fifteen percent. You might get confused, why is it buzz and twenty if you only get fifty percent off? It's twenty twenty, so that's why the code busts and twenty is being used.
Speaker 3: There are also exclusive.
Speaker 1: Student discounts available, so if you're on campus, you're trying to figure out how to watch the boys, how to follow the boys, how to watch your favorite team. They have exclusive student discounts available for you, so you can go check them out on these devices Xbox one, PlayStation four, Apple TV, Roku, Chrome Cast, Samsung Smart TV models from twenty fifteen plus not that old time shit, laptops, smartphones, tablets. Go to a website www dot NFL, Sunday Ticket dot TV and enter and use promo code busts and twenty at checkout to say fifteen percent.
Speaker 3: Guys, football is back. I'm confident the boys are going to be playing all year. Look into this shit. Get a discount. You don't.
Speaker 1: You can use all these different devices and tablets and shit like that. Use our code, save money, live better, follow the boys.
Speaker 2: I was cruise and through this. You need to bring back the mustache. The mustache is serious. That thing was wink. I get so much respect for that mustache. You know how that picture that's mad, that's a mustache flexing. That's a mustache. Listen. You know how when you're driving and you got a full way stop and you and another car poolp at the same time, when you got a mustache like that you go first, no question. Every time.
Speaker 4: I see you got some dog in you too, I think I saw where's the after you find the truck, there's like a roller blade one into your girls, DMS or something.
Speaker 2: The mustache makes the roller blades. I think it's about I think it was after that. The mustache. The mustache makes everything. Wait, go back down? Did you see? This is my first album cover?
Speaker 3: Right here?
Speaker 2: Keep going down, keep going now? Come on right there in the middle. That was my first album cover. Get the lettuce. Dear dude, you like Luke Comb's You have some duck dynasty for real? I got better tips when I looked homeless. Did you really yeah, no question. We need to help homeless now. I did a little bit of gosh my beard, I got that patchy beard. Dude. See, I would rock a mustache all the time, but I'm three hundred and ten pounds. I got no chin. Oh you know what I'm saying. That's a little depth. That's the thing I didn't. Oh, come on, don't pretend look at this guy. Don't pretend I look at this chucked in he ankle bending a little bit on those rollerblades. You fall over after a little bit. Oh, yeah, it was horrible. It took twenty minutes to get that shot. No way, Yeah, it wasn't good.
Speaker 3: About to roll in your girl's DMS on Valentine's.
Speaker 2: Daylyy, I like the fruit boots. Somebody hashtag fruit boots first tag. I've never heard that before. Fruit boots. I like that. What's funny is my guitar player brought those out on tour. Seriously, roll around for exercise, not to be funny. Now, are you serious you get fired? Well no, he didn't know. He didn't get fired. But are you thinking about it right now? Huh No, And he went off to do his own thing. Oh diddy, Well, good luck to him. Good luck to him.
Speaker 3: Mutual separations.
Speaker 2: So you have a whole band? Yeah, I've got a band. What's the name of your band? The Roley Green Band. I don't know band, and I can tell you the guy's names. Shut the boys out. Uh. Tyler Galloway plays lead guitar. He's from one of the Carolinas I can't remember. Quinn Stanfield is a drummer. He's from Florence, Alabama. He's been moving for like six or seven years, been to Florence. Rob Joyce is from Boston. Guitar player also got a little notoriety because he got on stage with Keith Urban and a concert and played and like jammed out crushed. It was a video on YouTube. He's known for playing the guitar he can rip. Oh yeah, yeah, he had like a sign with his girlfriends came my boyfriend played your guitar, and Keith caught him up and.
Speaker 3: He ended up being good.
Speaker 2: That's badass. Fan Alejanjo's my bass player and uh and then there's just me. Have you been with them the whole time? No, his guitar has just left. Yeah, Quinn, Quinn was with me for a long time and we kind of picked the other guys up as we went. He give him a name like Riley Green and the Smoking Aces. That's probably a thing already smoking as Green and the Fruit Booth Green and the Boys and the Boys man with a solid I can't play instruments, but will be your number one hype man. Cool. Oh for sure.
Speaker 3: I mean you're on the bus now, you put your family, you're plug dance.
Speaker 2: When you'll come in to a show? When when you get here? Yeah?
Speaker 3: When are you playing around Nashville.
Speaker 2: October? Are you coming here?
Speaker 3: I do that.
Speaker 2: You don't know where I'm playing. I'll be here in October. I got a job then CMA Fest. Yeah, we'll be out. We're in the riverfront stage and something. I don't know. Maybe I'm not supposed to say any of this. I don't know. We're playing some stages. Hunting. You always hunted. Now, when I was growing up, I was more into sports. I didn't really do a lot of hunting. My dad never hunted. He was always always worked. He built houses whole life, never care anything about it. And I've gotten him into it now. Obviously he's gone on a couple of trips. This deary killed Mississippi this year. But I'm doing that for a different reason because I enjoyed it so much now and I want to buy a farm and have him retire and take care of it. You know, he needs a project because he's always wide open. He he got that from my grandmother. They're just like she weed eats in like one hundred degree weather. It's crazy. Gotta do something, yeah, man, always gotta do it. I didn't get that. Like, I don't mind sitting on but these people are. You've made it very clear on this podcast that you like to sleep. That's one thing I want to get across everybody. Yeah, this man loves naps. Yeah, don't have kids if you won't. Now, I think that I think that it was a little bit of the competitiveness and sports that made me take a look and to hunt as much as I did. Because you and your buddies are like, oh man, how'd you do today? You know? So I was like, and you're like strategizing, knowing how to go out and like where to get and you know, sneaking up on a turkey or whatever it's calling something you can get better at. So and staying in the camp with your boys, Like, yeah, man's there's a million things about hunting that I think people that haven't every hundred don't understand that they would they would enjoy it, like going with the camaraderie of hanging out with due at a hunting camp, you know what I mean. Like, I've gone on some of my best hunt trips are not shot. I think we just had a good time. I had a fun time.
Speaker 4: I've been deer hunting two times and I have a d D really bad and I caught myself after twenty five minutes following a butterfly with my scope and then I was like this, I don't know if I deal.
Speaker 2: It's hard to hunt when you're worried about what's going to happen on The Bachelor that night. Yeah, it's a tough deal, but someone's got to stand down here for dark. Yeah, no doubt.
Speaker 4: And Hulu comes out tonight if you guys want to watch it, because we missed the last night because of the tornado warnings. So if you want to jump on, it's the women tell all times.
Speaker 2: I gotta I gotta take a nap. You could take a nap, I thought. I think that's called going to bed. It'll be about that time, alarm, handsome hours, that good time. Hey, have you ever duck hunting? So okay, I was going to say, I do want a bird hunt? Okay, so you you'd enjoy that. You need to be quiet, you talk to your buddies, goof off. It's different. That sounds like a really good time. Dude. There's the boy. Oh yeah, yeah. Thomas has never been and he asked me to take him this year, and I didn't really know him all that well. He reached out to me to be my awards and man like I'd like to go hunting with you. So I carried him down there and he was He was cool and he's a good hang. He's definitely a really talented songwriter, music guy. You know. One thing about him is he's from Georgia. I mean, he's a country as anybody. You know, bull dogs shout out the boy. Yeah, Thomas is a good dude.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: I've been around him a few times. He's a really good guy, good person, family man. So I've written with his dad several times, but never never been around Thomas so much. I guess he'll do something together in the future, I think so. Yeah, we've actually done a lot of talking about it. That's awesome. I'm excited to see what happens from that. What about Fuck? I had something else I wanted to ask you. Do you want to get married someday? I have kids?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: What do you think you're dating somebody? Now? No, that's too crazy right now. I couldn't imagine. I had to give my dog away. Guess how heartbreaking was that? I saw it the other day? She remember me, Sadie, Oh, no worries my yell lab. I trained hers. She used my duck dog and uh, I gave her to my little cousin. His dog got ran over, and it was just when I was traveling. This has taken the dog history taking a turn. Yeah, so you know there's that, but uh, I can't imagine. And the travel and distraction of what's going on with me right now would be pretty tough to keep a girl happy. No doubt the dog remembered you, though, did Yes. Great feeling was that I was up on top of me and my dad were building a gym in my barn, and I was up on top and she came running in there and I said, you said, what were you building a gym? Dude? What can't you do build houses? Well, the same houses in the barn, I guess so, uh, But I said something to her. She started whining, trying to climb the ladder to get up there, like she was fired up. That's awesome. That's badass man. You ever want to get into the dog, Yeah, but I'll have to be in a place by chwaa oh. I know that they're good for watching the Bachelor, like lap dog. I'll tell you why it'd be hard for a chiwala to bring a goose back. You know what I mean it'll it'll, it'll get it like a goose is this big?
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're they're feisty and they got a lot of energy. I want a Chwalla was so bad.
Speaker 2: They got like little dogs and hey, you're just thinking in your head like what I get myself into this? Like this the last one a chill right here named Chamaco Muskol. I don't hate that. You don't hate that at all. Don't have the name. I mean the name solid name the battle. When you name an animal, that's fair. This guy over here get some the other half shirt. He's scouting about Waffle. Now he was just at that. Hey, he was just at the house cuddling with I wasn't cuddling with it. It was came around me.
Speaker 1: He was cuddling with Waffle and he was like, uh I charl actually did. And he's like cute pup.
Speaker 2: And I was like, charge you because puppies are cute, because they're just straight puppy. Doesn't matter what it is. No one's arguing that, like like Haggard, it's a good looking dog.
Speaker 3: It's not like, oh that's a cute that's a cute grown dog.
Speaker 4: I got a German named Hank he's one of those trained dogs Global Canine. Shoutout Global Canine. They they do these like protective service dogs and they're off leaves.
Speaker 2: They're awesome. You we'll get one of those school you say, shout out whenever you do a shout out or no the thing. Yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: If it's like a business, like hey, shout out Chipotle, no free Shadow.
Speaker 2: I'm like, if I said Thomas Ritt, I need to say shout out Thomas Red Thomas, shout out the boy the boys. I'm gonna start doing that in life. There you go, there you go. Okay, I shout out Harrison. Let's go shout out Harrison Mercedes. You guys do it at your concerts. That's cool.
Speaker 3: They shout out the boys out there.
Speaker 2: Shout out to the boys. I could see you Cema Fest crushing it in a Titans blue. Seventy seven jersey, no getting after it. Ye, shout out to number seventy seven. Let's go. I'll take that too. I assume that's what it was. Shout out number seven.
Speaker 3: Number seven.
Speaker 2: S we just say the number. I was number seventy seven on like scout team quarterback. That was a jersey. You were seventy seven. No, I'm just saying that's what number one would. It's only time I'd be seventy seven. I'd tell you what, that's the coolest offensive line. Number I was so skinny, I only had room for one digit and no quoest. I've seen the picture. Yeah, you won looking like that? Bring that thing back up. Do you have a picture of you when you're a skinny skinny fat like that? Now? Just the ones that he's punning now, huh yeah, man, let's see, I got a Kickers jersey on there. You know, we got a thing about guys wearing other guy's jerseys. What is it they get to sleep with you? Well, that one's got my cant that shout out? Who ever said that? Who did Leah said that?
Speaker 3: He did say if if if you wear another man's jersey, they get the fuck you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well they gave me that. Jerry's got my number on it and my name. That okay, So we have another thing about that if you were given it Taylor's things by the way. Okay, but okay, because this happens a lot.
Speaker 4: So if you get jersey, if you okay, so if you wear another man's jersey, if I go to a Predator's game and I put a Roman Yo jersey on.
Speaker 2: Shoutout Romano not okay, and he decides he wants to he can. Okay, that's fair. I mean I'll put up a fight. That's fair. You're probably gonna win that fight because somewhere in his jersey. Okay. Now, I've been to the Predator's games. I know you've probably seen it chugging beers off catfish maybe allegedly allegedly. Well, no, that's actually this video evidence we would.
Speaker 4: They invited the offensive line to come and do the pump up thing before the games, and they gave us like predator shirts seventy seven lawan.
Speaker 2: On the back. Okay, that's totally fine to do. Oh that's okay. Yeah, your phone, that's supporting. They do that with me all the time. There you go, oh weird flex shout out to people that give me jerseys with the name on the back. There you go. We'll look it up, Titans, figure it out.
Speaker 1: I think you're going with the whole your own name on a different jersey just because it happened to you.
Speaker 4: No, I've been I've been okay with that. I actually so the rules okay, because it happen. That's usually how most of my life works. I try to spin things to make it so it works for me.
Speaker 3: I like, so, so how about this though, would you go to his concert and rock at Riley Green T shirt concert? Yeah?
Speaker 2: What about that? If you gave me the T shirt, I would wear it, but green on it. That means I get to me. Well, yeah, it looks like I backed myself. And then we bring your T shirt. We got you a T shirt. Yeah, you ain't getting in this bud rally green and weer seventy seven T shirt has seventy seven on it. I'm solid. I don't know if i'd wear a Riley Green T shirt. I go to your concert, though, I'd pay money. I'll tell you why you would. I think, okay, go ahead, you know me so an hour and forty three seconds, I meant you had an ear ring tattoos? You jinks? I can picture that. We grew up to god Riding the mope is awesome. Listen, we uh because I don't have merch. It's got like big gaudy Riley Green all over it. Look I got stuff. It's got like a cool picture of a duck with a little RG kind of hidden. See I'm like big on merch. It's like enjoyable, look like I could almost wear it? Almost would you rock? Would you rock? This? T Yeah?
Speaker 3: Live dudes, let's do it with the boys on the back.
Speaker 2: It looks great. See it's solid. Concert. I'll wear it at a concert and do the shout out thing.
Speaker 3: Oh, shout out the boys.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what, you're starting a whole different thing for us. Busy dot com or barcelol sports dot com, buss want the boys merch? You can go ahead and buy that. Look at that race he's for the praise Day. I'll tank. Is that your? Is this? Your stuff? Looks like it? I've never been website hasn't popped up yet, So how do you know if it looks like it? I've never been on the website.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Maybe y'all got bad bandwidth inside this bus? What's going on?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: We try hard? I guess. Harrison broke the website. Harrison? Are you? Are you a bad Egg? What's the deal? You know? We're just sold out of everything. That's why, Oh my gosh. Shout out to people buying merch. Shout out to all the people buying merch. Riley Green Merch. You can get it on what what's your website? Assume rallygreenmusic dot com or something along those lines. No one gets anywhere being subtle. I mean what I would wear that if it's just a little RG on side. I got you. Yeah, I'd wear that. You found my loophole. I got one sale. Yeah that's a cool shirt.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I actually have a a vintage like Dale Earnhart. Love that shirt graphic TA I love that wor like four days in a round.
Speaker 3: Shout out Dale Earnhart Jr.
Speaker 2: Dale Earnhardt, his dad.
Speaker 3: Even l R I p R. He'll be on this bus soon.
Speaker 1: This episode is also brought to you by Sports Research. Huge fan of Sports Research. They have this pre and post workout that they've made that's phenomenal for you. Got essential amino acids, some creatine, some bit of alanine to give you that little itch for your pre workout.
Speaker 3: And they also have a sweet sweat.
Speaker 1: I'm sure you guys are aware of sweet sweat where you rub the stickle over your body. You sweat more whether you're going to sign or for your workout. Really good shit. It's one of the most Sports Research is one of the most trusted health and fitness brands in the States. Developed by athletes for athletes, so by the Boys for the Boys. Similar to US established over forty years ago, Sports Researchers family owned and operated and dedicated to providing the highest quality products that focus on a lifetime approach to living healthy. Instead of the quick band aid fix workout, home workout essentials to certified athletes supplements, Sports Research has a little something for everybody. Like I was telling you, they have pre and post workouts. They have a therapy gun. Now, they have sweet Sweat to help you sweat it out a little more. They got a lot of good shit, man. So whether you're trying to lose a few pounds or give your immune system a boost during Corona, We've got you covered.
Speaker 3: The Boys got you covered. This month, Sports Research is launching launching that pre Sweat and Post Sweat, an advanced pre workout and hydration formula.
Speaker 1: Packed with like I said, EAAs essential amino acids. Sports Certified and Surety give you a bit of pep in your step during those brutal home workouts or those hills you're running outside. You can check out the entire catalog of certified bestsellers on Amazon, or head over to the website to get twenty percent off your first order using the code bus and twenty that's twenty percent off site wide at Sports research dot Com with code bus and twenty for the Boys by the Boys.
Speaker 3: Enjoy the episode.
Speaker 2: What do you think of the bus? It's great. I told this The first thing I said when I walked in was is it needs to be at Talladega. I think it has been at Talladega at like tailgames. I mean like it needs to be in the infield at Talladega. We had a ninety one win Tobago that we took to Turn three every year, parked in Turn three, watched the race. Is like, that's the spot. There's twenty minutes from Jacksonville where I live at You.
Speaker 4: Know, there's rumors about Nashville getting NASCAR. There is you web team, MLB and an MLB So what happens to the sounds that that happens.
Speaker 3: I'm sure they would still be, you know, a minor league team in Nashville.
Speaker 2: It would probably become the team. Yeah, because they just built a I mean they just readid that stadium. That's a new stadium in the stadium It is super nice stadium. You've been to a couple of those games. I have. I used to live like right in the parking lot in a little condo over there, just off a third Avenue field.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I had a buddy used to live out there. That's a nice little spot. It is, man, you can see right over right into the game.
Speaker 2: It was a party.
Speaker 4: Those games are parties too, no doubt. Well right field, they're playing bags out there. They have a whole open bar out there.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you where I went that. I had no idea how they like tailgated for baseball games. Was Mississippi State think that after it? It's crazy. They used to have like you brought your own they like built their own scaffold. You're right on the fence NOWTF Like they're just yelling at the outfielders for other teams and just partying, grilling out And they built these big things and they've got like big condos up there an outfield, but they throw down out there. Dude, that's awesome. It's a lot of fun.
Speaker 4: I dated a girl, uh that went to LSU, so I was down there for a little bit. Went to a couple of LSU baseball games. They were it wasn't that crazy.
Speaker 2: You just don't I don't know, you take serious.
Speaker 4: And they got the open container law, like you're allowed to walk around with a drink in your hand like anywhere.
Speaker 2: So people are getting after it. Shout Louisiana. Shout out. People to drink, Shout out to everyone that drinks. Drink, no question, no question about. So you don't got people telling you what you can and can't do. They say, hey, just be yourself right, good music? Yeah, like my mom, who would you be talking about.
Speaker 3: Like you management or anything.
Speaker 2: He's right over there, he's watching the best, so you don't tell me. He shook his head three year time, Are you a manager? It takes a team. Shout out to the team. Shout out to the team. Dude, what's a team name?
Speaker 1: Like what what?
Speaker 3: What team do you go with?
Speaker 4: Like, what's what's your Riley Green and the Band of Misfits, Riley Green and the Boys, and you kind of like the little band name behind it, don't you. But it's always just gonna be Riley Green. But you what's Riley Green's met? Riley Green and the Tennessee Lottery. I stole that name actually, but well, they.
Speaker 2: Don't get put in the paper when I say some offensive either. So it's like quarterback. You get the praise when you win. What do you say offensive things? No ever, no, of course, not no, no question. Oh of course those ostrich boots they are can't hide money, can they can't hide their money? Company anybody these are free? No, they weren't. This whole lot that was free. Let's company gave me shout out to the people that gave me the shirt stars and stripes. Was that they make a big American flag, wooden American flags. They paint them up and they open up. Yeah, I got one of those. Uh. They gave me another one the other day at my show in Oklahoma City and gave me some shirts. Car pants. They gave me those. Those are car Heart. Yeah, shout out car Heart, shut out car.
Speaker 3: No free shots, no free shoutouts.
Speaker 2: Cart We need we're gonna need you to give us some love.
Speaker 3: Businesses or no free shout outs the boys.
Speaker 4: So you say no free by the businesses. We had some not so politically correct stickers up here. This the stickers came as is, so we taped them.
Speaker 2: Up a little bit. Yeah, frogs really offensive. He's a bit of an asshole. Shout out to reptiles in general. Yeah, shout out, shout out to you. See that that chicken right there bought that saw it, bought it and needed it for the bus.
Speaker 1: That's cool with the Mike Tyson tat you look at our old videos and you're like, damn, like our bus looks way different.
Speaker 2: It does look way different. Now. See one of those neon signs is that new No, we've.
Speaker 3: Had that we've had since day one. Shout out the dude there.
Speaker 2: Is, Oh yeah guy and Billy D Billy D and the neon signs. Well, you don't see a lot of people change their sets, so that's that's good on you.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, we're always trying to get better every single day. Yeah, we bring up we were on guys like you who like to give the boys a little shade. But it's okay your managers, Mercedes, that's the most uncuntry thing I've ever seen in my life.
Speaker 2: Hey, you might need new management. God you listen, you're talking you boys to back you up. No, we'd be terrible managers, would we I think we would. We would show up, show up with Jinko's and convers I'll tell you what vans you do? You want a pair of Vans? No, but you can't see what kind of shoes you got on with gicos though they took the whole shoe, they take the whole thing.
Speaker 3: Huh. Yeah, I'll tell you what.
Speaker 2: We're about to fight back.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 4: Here is what I'm building right now. It's seventy seven f one hundred. My god, damn, scroll left or right your choice.
Speaker 2: That's bad?
Speaker 1: You like that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a beautiful house too. I don't know whose house that is.
Speaker 3: That think's been in the shop for like eight years.
Speaker 2: I'm building this right now. I'm building already in two thousand and one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'll tell you what. If I actually was building it myself, it would not look like that. If I was building this two thousand and one wouldn't work. We got fan We have fan questions, some fan questions. Why do you think he would write better countries?
Speaker 2: Who do you think? Are you me to read it? Yeah? Ship, I can't read? For help, but shout out to people that green music. Who do you think you can write a better country song? Willard Taylor? And why?
Speaker 3: Look whose question it is? Oh?
Speaker 2: Mike? He shut up, dude, all right Tooski Blazowski. That's such a polish name.
Speaker 3: Who do you think would write a better country song? Whealer Taylor? And why uh.
Speaker 2: Let me give you a little? Let me give you little? No no, no, no, no, no, dude, No, I knew, I knew something like that. You know what I'm saying here? Will sounds like it's chewed on last his whole life. Who do you think? No, that's not who is singing a better country write it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so maybe writing. I think we will about it. Write the better song. Oh, I feel like Will's the little quieter a little songwriters are the ones that are like kind of laid back and little sure, you know, under the radar, and then they come up with some school feelings. Aren't hurt at all? Yeah, you know what I mean? All right? Next question, never heard a really good country song? Somebody wrote a Jinko's. I'll tell you what, man, Dicky pants man, I tell you what. Y'all write a country song, each one of y'allu and the best one you can vote on, and I'll sing it at a concert. Oh hey, Ernest, I'm going to writers round. I'm doing writers around, yo, number one. We gotta write it. Yeah, y'all you write your own all right, mind own Okay, So if y'all can write it together, ignore the ship. That's fine, go ahead, go ahead and finished deal. Uh huh do you know Ernest K? I don't, Ernest, Ernest K, I don't think so up the comer man up and cover. He was like, I call Ernest can.
Speaker 3: I'm like, we gotta we gotta write our own song now.
Speaker 4: He said, yeah, you write your own song. I write my own song. They vote on it and he's going to sing it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I heard the entire thing. Well you, but you weren't listening. Shut the people that were listening.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you said, I call Ernest. It's like, no, we have to write our own song.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but people, do you write all your own songs?
Speaker 3: Do not lie?
Speaker 2: You just said you go to writers rounds all the time. What do you mean I don't. They all have like writers on the bus. But he writes like, I write all my own songs. I'm a writer on everything. I've written everything. You everything, You are a writer and everything you written, But you're not the like you didn't write the entire thing. So I'm not disrespecting that's that's part of that's part of music. Am I right? If you you're just he just looks to the left. Who's doing Ain't nobody talking to you over there? You're saying a weird thing, like like I'm like, okay, y'all write it? And then I come like, no, it's like we go sit down me and you and we write a song. We wrote that song. Yeah. Now some of them write by myself. Sure, some of them are write with other people. Okay, But but to say that, but to say that I didn't right, sound you're gonna write a song. Yeah, I'll tell you what.
Speaker 3: I'll I guess what I call Riley? Or we're going to write a song.
Speaker 2: That was a good little deal there. Yeah, it worked out good. I'll tell you. I don't like how it's thinks. All right.
Speaker 1: What's what's the best advice Riley has for someone completely new to songwriting?
Speaker 2: Well? Perfect, Uh. I would just say to not be too critical. I think that a lot of new artists probably worry about whether this song is good enough for that and I didn't. And granted I probably put out a lot of songs that are not all that great, but I put out a lot of songs because I didn't really worry about it. I just wrote stuff that I knew about and i'd go play it and if somebody liked it, I'd go record it. And it helped me gain a following. So I was like, right, write every day. Write down stuff he thinks not any good. Write down stuff you think is good. And you know, I mean something in there is going to resonate with somebody, you know. And the other thing is, don't model your songwriting after what you hear on the radio, let after what people relate to what you're shows. What I did was I wrote songs, I'd go play him and if they liked this line and go, man, I need to write stuff like that, or they really like this part, was like, man, that's something that I need to put more stuff in there like that. So that was how shakee my songwriting. So go play it for people. Is there someone that you like?
Speaker 4: I'm sure there's lots of people, but is there a specific person that you kind of idolize in the country music world.
Speaker 2: Starting out, it was a big course Smith fan. Youmber of course more yeah, of course, and we got to be buddies. I got to know him through when the little songwriters deal with him. And that was one thing he told me that kind of stuck with me was that songwriting was something that you'd get better at. I don't know why. I'd always pictured in my head that people were like one hit Wonders was like, you get lucky and write a good song and then that's it. Probably I could get another one. But if you think about songwriting something that you can actually do and get better at, like anything else, which you know, it's kind of motivates you to go, Okay, well I might write twenty bad songs and one good one. Well, one good one will do pretty well for you. There you go.
Speaker 4: I'm a fan, of course smith Man. That guy's a stuck I'm surprised he's not like, way bigger.
Speaker 3: Than he is. I wish I was twenty one. That song was a banger.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if I could do it again, shout out, of course smith Can we get him on the bus? Still? He would love it? Did he like it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Man, got that good shiny bald head too. That's a compliment. No, he's not coming. I'll tell you what. The bald heads again with me.
Speaker 3: We'll just we'll move him.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what I am. I've I've tasted my own medicine and getting picked on. It's better, much better, fun is.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna regroup. I'm gonna come back tomorrow stronger and more powerful than ever.
Speaker 1: He says, Uh, miss on, Hey, this this is a Mikey again, just from a different just from a different all right, Mikey.
Speaker 2: Sure, shout out to Mikey again.
Speaker 3: If you could tour with any old country artist, who would it be?
Speaker 2: I feel like Hang Wiams Junior would be a lot of Fun'd be solid. I feel like he had some shows where it was borderline out of control. Those are the best kinds of shows. Yeah, I'm with that. That would have been a lot of fun.
Speaker 3: Who was more fun to drink with? Brad or John?
Speaker 2: I didn't drink with Brad, I assume talking about Brad page their John party. Yeah, I didn't drink with Brad, so I'd assume John. But Brad's a good hay man. He's he's a really funny cat. He's got a he's got a good personality. It's not a coincidence. He's been doing it for twenty something years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what is it like like touring and going on tours with like those guys and kind of do you get like, is it stressful?
Speaker 2: Does it? No, it's actually I mean like I'm on tour with Jason Nodding. Now we play six songs. Yeah, you know, I'll play twenty five minutes as a break. I mean, whereas you know, usually you go in and you're eating you know whatever they can round up for you in the band and you're you know, traveling all over the place and play ninety minutes. And this is like you go in they have catering. You know, Brad, they would have like lobster and stuff out there. Oh yeah, I mean caterin was great on Brad's tour. But you play a few songs, you get to go watch some guys that you grew up watching. I mean I went to see Jason aut In like two thousand and eight in Birmingham. It was him, Luke Bryan and Thompson Squared. And now on tour with him. That's badass. But it's just great to get in front of the numbers too, because I mean we're playing in front of several thousand as opposed to a few thousand, not eighty million, but it's still quite a few it's not quite eighty million, but you know, I mean, you'll get there. It took us almost a year to get this following there you go. You know what I'm saying. Yeah, year of talking about the Bachelor, talking about the Bachelor and jerking off perfect I know the recipe. I write a song like that. Yeah, yeah, when you watch a Bachelor tuesdays. We haven't even been a full year yet. April is a full year.
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: What else we got? And I asked one, Yeah, okay, was there I thought that was that guy talking? Thought it was justin Bie. Is there any moments can you talk about any moments where you were like, I can't believe this is my life right now. For several times, especially over the last couple of years, playing the Grand Old Opry was a big deal from that ass playing the rhymem and my grandparents were there. I mean, that was the hugest deal in the world of them, you know, like I will, I was not even remotely close to famous until I played the Opry, and then my grandparents were like, wellow he's made it now, you know.
Speaker 1: But uh.
Speaker 2: At award shows, ACM Awards, like walking back there and meeting Tracy Lawrence and I mean just Bringnan to Eric Church and people like that. It's it's weird that I'm thrown into a category of these people and they're doing the same thing that I am. When you go do these radio interviews and you walk in and you're sitting down talking to the same people Luke Prown was just talking to or this or that, it's it's pretty surreal, especially for me because I'm not very far removed from just being a fan. You know, that's pretty awesome. Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 3: Where were you when you first heard Wish Grandpa's Never Died on the radio? I Wish Grandpa's Never Died, justin be get it right.
Speaker 2: I don't remember. I knew where I was when I first heard there was This Girl because I was leaving Georgia. I was hunting and I was coming up from South Georgia and I heard it one of those Atlanta stations played it. I don't remember where I wasn't heard of Wish Grandpa's Never Died, but it was. I've heard it lot. It's and that's one of those that probably means a little bit more than any of them, just because it's such a personal song to hear played on the radio and think that people are hearing it all over the place. Yeah, it's awesome.
Speaker 1: We're going to take a moment and shout out the boys that Paint your Life. I told you before, I got a portrait made of my pup, Waffle, God bless her. We have a beautiful portrait sitting in the like the middle of the kitchen area. We actually have a light over it so it can kind of shine on her. But basically, what Paint your Life is is professional handpainted portraits created from any photo at a truly affordable price. So I basically send in my photo of Waffle that we wanted, I went we went over to Paint Yourlife dot com. They basically hand paint these portraits.
Speaker 3: That you send over.
Speaker 1: Of the photo that you send over, you're able to choose from a team of world class artists and work with them until every detail is perfect. It's a very user friendly platform that lets you order a custom made handpainted portrait in less than five minute. It's like I said said, any picture of yourself, your dog, your children, your family, a special moment, any of it or combined photos in a one painting. It's a perfect birthday gift Anniversary wedding gift are just an awesome portrait of your favorite dog. Ours is Waffle at paintolife dot com. There is absolutely no risk. If you don't love the final painting, your money is refunded, so there's nothing to lose here. You're either gonna get a phenomenal photo or.
Speaker 3: You're not gonna like it.
Speaker 1: You're gonna get your money back guaranteed, and right now, as a limited time offer, get twenty percent off your painting twenty percent off free shipping. To get the special offer, text the word boys boys to sixty four thousand. That's text the word boys to the number sixty four thousand on your phone, so you don't need a laptop, computer any but just pull out your phone and text boys to sixty four thousand. Paint your life and celebrate the moments that matter the most.
Speaker 3: Who's your face?
Speaker 2: Every NFL team and favorite players growing up?
Speaker 5: That was the Cowboys, that was I was Troy Original Hey, I was the same way I was a Cowboys guy, Treygman, Emmon Smith, Michael Irvin Moved, You had Dion Sanders.
Speaker 2: They were that was as.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you were in a football guy girl.
Speaker 2: I never watched football growing up.
Speaker 3: I was We were like that family. Like my dad he was a huge Cowboys fan. When they winning the Super Bowl in like the nineties.
Speaker 1: He would like order the the DBAT or the oh yeah VHS set, you know what I mean, you can kind of watch and recap the whole year.
Speaker 2: But oh yes, I had a Dallas Cowboys locker in my room and I can't remember like being old enough to where like that wasn't a piece of furniture that was acceptable to me, being like I'm not getting rid of it, Like, yeah, it's a place to keep my things. Yeah, keep my thing. That's awesome is all we got. That's it, Jesus, no more you miss anything.
Speaker 3: I mean, dude, in our twenty that's a solid.
Speaker 2: Solid, great job to It was easy, man. What'd you think? What was your thoughts coming into it? And what are your thoughts now? I didn't think a lot about it coming in, she said, know what tell I was doing? Sure? Did you ever listen to bus some of the Boys before. I've never listened to a podcast. Do you think you listened to this one? I just did. It was great, fair enough. It'd probably be like us, like it's not like we don't like listen to hear my voice. I don't like hearing myself talk seeing anything. But no, I mean I can see why this would be appeeling.
Speaker 3: And did you search us before you came on?
Speaker 2: Did you search us? Damn?
Speaker 3: You just got you just got hooked up, and you're like, all right, let's go.
Speaker 2: I don't like to I don't like to know too much about stuff that I'm doing, because like you go on a radio interview or something and somebody doesn't play your song or CIS station and they didn't do this for me or whatever. I don't want to go on like disliking somebody. I mean about to found out you had ear rings and tattoos and Jinko's. I'm not gonna like you far. I don't want everybody clean, tattoos, give everybody shot, give everybody a hey. I'm definitely coming back on though, just so I can just like dress like what I imagined you dress like at that time, I'm going to ride in on a motorcycle a bow pat of course.
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Is there another time? The other type? I cannot wait to see you in those stupid Jenkin Was it Jenko get caught in the chain, no question. They used to get so torn up on the back because they just hang over your shoes. You wore those, didn't you. No, get the hell out of here. You don't wait too much about it. Let me tell you this. Uh there's a guy named Alex and Ninko that lived down the street for me that wore Jinko's and I thought it was the cool shit ever. And I was like, I gotta get some of those moms Like, no, she let me wear Lee pipes. That was as why did you remember Lee pipe? No? No, how old are you? Okay? Yeah, I'm thirty one. You're getting a dice in your soul. I'm twenty eight years old. No, yeah, you're you're you're getting there, buddy. Lee pipes were like that because you know, Jinko's were just popper because they're like this big around. Lee pipes were like middle grade. Look, those are worse than Jenkins.
Speaker 3: No, they're not.
Speaker 2: Don't go to that third picture right there. That's what Jinko's is. Lee. Yeah, trying to be like, so, mom would let me get the ones that were in the middle. Hey, those are bad ones that are in the middle. She wouldn't let me wear the ginkers. Man, they were outraged. You put like a watermelon your leg. People are gonna look at us twenty ye and be like people were tight pants. Fucking no doubt, man, no doubt. I think bell bottoms are coming back. What do you think about that? I'm not a fan. You know what I hated. The only trend girls were that I have hated was gauchos. You know what I'm talking about. I've heard of gauchos. They're like sort of look like tight pants, and then they just do this and go about right here. Oh my gosh, you can see those things right there.
Speaker 3: Yes, don't like.
Speaker 2: I was never a fan of one thing. I didn't like that girls were jean skirts. It didn't do anything for me, I don't. I mean you're talking about like the ones that were really long, when they got their hair in the points out the pentecostle. Yeah, women, Yeah, that doesn't do that now, even the shorter ones. I wasn't a fan of jean skirts. That weren't. They weren't.
Speaker 3: What do you got, Harrison, what are you laughing at? Yeah? That's it, man, I'll tell you what we're looking for. Our first repeat guest.
Speaker 2: We want to come on tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Twenty six, ninety nine. Those pants are years you can relive the glory days. They don't work my size, man, what size waist for you?
Speaker 2: Thirty two? Thirty two? Thirty six? Are you really good on it? Those pants are thirty six? Yeah?
Speaker 4: You got half of your boot showing right there. So I'm sitting there thirty six. Yeah, I feel like I'm how tall are you?
Speaker 2: Six? Thirty six? Four? Somewhere in there? God, I tell you what a lot of times you look at celebrities and go, yeah, that guy's just yeah, he's handsome, but he's just five eleven, right, just not really great. Yeah he's the little guy. He not really he got some he has some piss on him too.
Speaker 3: It's different round here.
Speaker 2: It's different, man, it's different around here. What are you looking looking at? What are you looking at? What's really different over there? That's where it's really different. Dude, Justin when you met him, obviously is he?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: Justin's great? His little Uh, I could kick your ass sending on any song for I never knew you. I didn't know he was that short at first. I'll listen to it, and I was like, if I ever played baseball. That'd be my watch.
Speaker 4: Justin Moore, by the way, Justin Justin Moore, And then I saw then I saw a picture of him standing next to somebody and he is, well, you gotta be five to six.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I Google helps out with an answered, you don't want to do what. I don't want to put a number on it because I'm not good at guessing. Below. I got that picture right there, No no, no one over that one. Who's he with? That? B is Luke tall? Uh, he's probably nearly my high. I've got a picture of Justin from when I made him at a show like six years ago, and he's six foot And then that other picture he's kneeling down.
Speaker 3: Dude, it was Kenny Chesney answered me off, you think he.
Speaker 2: Was too short? Yeah, I don't like throwing shades. Uh person, no, man, me neither. I'll tell you what. Kenny Kenny kills that beach bomb. He's five six two. I didn't think he was that short. Back he's not tall back to ankles. Kenny Kenny's got that perfect country beach five deal going on. I love it him for sure. They're killing it, Harrison.
Speaker 3: Anything we're missing that we need a shout out in the future.
Speaker 2: I want to see you have this picture of you and go follow down low. What are we doing?
Speaker 3: We got to get the boys stuff out there.
Speaker 2: It was me and Corey from a few years ago.
Speaker 4: Bearded, he bearded, bearded man, I'll tell you you need it before you leave tomorrow. You and go shave that mustache back at me and just yeah, you look on the halfy side of that picture, bud.
Speaker 2: No, man, I wasn't.
Speaker 4: That's a couple of googoo clusters too many. That big old shirt, that's that's a big shirt. Yeah, I'm sure that's when you wear the big shirt and you're kind of just wondering. Then they, you know, take it off at the pool and your so fuck ye Jack.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good for him, Good for him, that's what they say.
Speaker 3: What is what is your Instagram? Riley Duckman, Riley Duckman.
Speaker 2: Okay, I wouldn't make that up. Be more country. Riley dirt Road, Riley dirt Road Duckman. Follow him on Instagram. He's got too many followers, man, Yeah, underscore.
Speaker 3: Oh that thinks badass. Yeah, that's sick.
Speaker 2: So y'all need that. I pulled the bus with it.
Speaker 4: I want to get probably could. This bus is heavy and it's not I want to get the same running. At one point, but it was like seventy seven grand.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well I'm out on that man. Yeah you bought how many all the cars you said you bought in this damp podcast? How many you have? Like seventeen cars and half of them work? It's fair at least half of them. At least half of them at least that's a good average.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you get this bus running.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not a car guy. I just like him. Something breaks on it, I'm just like, goa take it somewhere. I'm the same way. I'm not handy for anything. I thought you were like a motorcycle guy. I'm a huge mortcycle guy, and I'll ride him antil they stop. Okay, that's cool. Yeah, and then it's over and I'm like, well, something better fix this. I guess I'll be on a skateboard. Yeah. I used to write sateboard. You have to tell me that.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, he's got some good banter.
Speaker 4: You got some banter from Alabama. When you start tuning to BACKO on your six, uh, that's probably twelve.
Speaker 2: We had their first Trew you threw up everywhere. I don't remember I threw up, but I remember feeling like I wanted to, and I still My dad did skull original winter grain, fine cut, and that would make me sick right now, yeah, because that was the one. You know, this is one bad kid named Whalen. Uh.
Speaker 4: I grew up on a ranch and there's this really shitty house in the middle. That's where the manager lived. That's where my mom was a manager. But these like U double whites were all around it. And Whalen lived in one of the double wides.
Speaker 2: And he gave me.
Speaker 4: He stole a can off his dad, and it was Copenhagen straight long cut, and he would ball it up. He had braces and we'd do it. And then I spoke to weed from with him for the first time. And I did that and I threw up everywhere. I was sick for two weeks. Didn't start chewing again until I got the NFL.
Speaker 2: Then I quit. Now I'm here, here we are, and here's the story. And I found five bucks. That's cool. Yeah, shout out of people that lose money on the street.
Speaker 1: All right, get off our bus. Riley Green Music on Twitter. H yeah, yeah, Instagram. Riley Duckman also underscore. Welcome back, guys, gals, people of all ages. Appreciate you so much for tuning in to another episode of Busting.
Speaker 2: With the Boys.
Speaker 1: If you haven't yet, please subscribe to the episode on Apple, Podcast, Spotify, whatever platform you're on, We're on there.
Speaker 3: We have a YouTube channel, Bustle with the Boys. We've been love if you subscribe there as well.
Speaker 1: If you are subscribed and you want to be a more for the boys, unsubscribe and resubscribe. Again, it sounds funny and stupid and kind of obnoxious, but all of your subscriptions and resubscribing and stuff, it helps in these little algorithm games for climbing charts because again, we are very organic you guys. Where we're at is because of you guys, So we like to keep it fucking organic and just from us.
Speaker 2: Due to us versus the world.
Speaker 3: But we really do. We really appreciate your guys and support.
Speaker 1: A few of you had questions about merchandise and will Our merchandise store is on barstool sports dot com. Go over to shop and we are under the brand Bustle with the Boys. You can find all of our gear there. We restart constantly. Now, if you guys have any ideas, shout us out. If you guys buy the gear, shout us out. We really do love when you guys talk back to us, add us, mention us, put us on your stories, taggets, all that fun stuff you like, grabbing that stuff and putting in on our.
Speaker 3: YouTube episodes, and again, we just love it. Man. We love you guys, We appreciate you so much.
Speaker 1: Keep being for the fucking boys, Keep being a wolf. The biggest of hugs and the tiniest of kisses.
Speaker 3: We love you, We appreciate you. Tune in next week for another episode of Bustle with the Boys.
Speaker 2: Man Mother Drug stops Batrom the Jobs, Zzy Love Lois