Speaker 1: How high did the bat go? When he how high?
Speaker 2: He said, like if it was if there was a building next to it, it would have hit the tenth floor.
Speaker 3: Here we go, Junior Camenaro joining us right now for the first time on foul Territory and he's sitting next to Rafa and theevis his representation and uh superstar interpreter for us during this little time period. So uh, Rafa, good to see you again, and Junior, thank you for joining us on the show. How has your crazy winter been.
Speaker 4: L NBA no ohio, He.
Speaker 5: Said, it's been a it's been a great winter.
Speaker 2: He had an unforgettable experience in Winter Bowl and especially that Game seven with Escohido.
Speaker 5: It's something that is going to stick with him for life.
Speaker 1: All Right. I gotta ask why is he not playing?
Speaker 6: I flipped on the Dominican Winter League or the Caribbean World Series in Mexicali. No Junior Camonero playing for the Dominican team. Is it because he was too tired and it took him so long to go around the bases and he took all his energy out and the rays were like.
Speaker 7: No Moss, no moss.
Speaker 6: Home run celebrations that take ten minutes because Eric and I were dying laughing. I wanted some of the tacos he passed out around second base. I wanted some of the confetti he pop. I wanted a high five through the TV Best home Run celebration.
Speaker 8: I've ever seen no yo your.
Speaker 9: He no, no, no, Maxicali.
Speaker 2: He said that it was only fifty six seconds around the basis. The race only gave him uh permission to to play the round robin. And then Kevin Cash flew down to the r and saw him in good shape, and he told him that if he made it to the finals that he would let him play the finals.
Speaker 7: But that was it.
Speaker 5: After that, they wanted him to rest and put.
Speaker 2: His mindset and focus on getting ready for spring training.
Speaker 7: And you broke the scoreboard. Did they make him pay for that? No?
Speaker 10: No, okaya gonna okay, okay, that's fair.
Speaker 7: That's fair, Lucco.
Speaker 6: You say, David Ortiz, Yes, yeah, you should have paid Albert.
Speaker 1: Albert should have paid. You should have made pooh holes pay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's richer than David, I think.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, yeah, okay, who yoo yoso, Luco.
Speaker 7: When you are a neo, When you were a.
Speaker 10: Kid, I was I was an I was I was an Eagle. It's one of the teams that plays down there. It's the Santiago Agui lost the Eagles, and he played junior players for the Escohido, which is one of the teams in Santa Domingo.
Speaker 4: Yes, SiO frantic Cod in the AO this year on the deal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he said he's been Corhido fan since he was since he was born. All his family are the Quhita Fance and he grew up Corhido die hard and he said this, this is a this was a blessing for him from God.
Speaker 7: Whose who stay? Redacto? Did they draft you?
Speaker 10: The Escohito drafted because in the Dimini Again, sometimes our fans don't necessarily know this. One team drafts you when you're like sixteen, and then you don't play for him for a little bit. Were you were you drafted by them?
Speaker 7: Is it? Yeah?
Speaker 5: They drafted him in twenty twenty twenty twenty three?
Speaker 1: All right, Well I want to know about Albert Forget this, who could drafted you? Crap? I want to know who.
Speaker 7: I want to know about Albert Pooles. Did he draft you?
Speaker 1: Did he sign you?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 6: I mean, was Albert Poohles giving you a high five after you hit the home run. What's Albert Pooles like as a manager? Because now I've heard he wants to be a big league manager. So did Junior Camanio push Albert Pooles to be an MLB manager?
Speaker 1: One day?
Speaker 5: Possibly got kids Albert manager.
Speaker 4: By mere.
Speaker 7: So.
Speaker 2: He said that Arbert was so resourceful to him that he even had to apologize one day and he said, I'm sorry, I'm bothering you so much, but I just want to learn and take all.
Speaker 5: I came from a legend and a future Hall of Famer like you.
Speaker 2: But he said he was He was great. He was always available to him and he was a great influence on on this experience with him.
Speaker 3: That is a baller trophy to that we're looking at right now. How was that last series? Obviously it was an amazing series to watch from a competition standpoint, But how was the rivalry?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 3: So, there was of course a lot of chirping, And I'm always curious about the dynamic between going crazy and showing off, you know, your best enthusiasm and best antics, you know, versus trash talk. So was there both and if so, did it ever escalate to you know, too crazy of a time. Obviously you you had your fun during Game four too with the dugout.
Speaker 7: Because and.
Speaker 9: It Lon then can again finale. They know, they know Salue.
Speaker 4: Simple.
Speaker 5: He said.
Speaker 2: It was a unique experience, something he had never experienced before. A lot of trash talking, especially from the fans. You know, he plays their base and he's playing on the side and they have other fans on on that side of the stadium, and and he got you know, he got to him. And but he he listened a lot too, and was a was a big influence on him as well, trying to get him to not take it so and tried not to listen to it. Advised him to get up social media during that week and not pay attention to any of that and just like try to quite the noise.
Speaker 5: He said, he'll learned a lot from it.
Speaker 6: Is he watching I want to know is he watching the Caribbean series on the TV? Because I've watched it the last couple of days and I love the atmosphere. So is he is he watching it? And is he upset that he's not?
Speaker 1: I mean, I want to see him play, so I'm kind of like upset deep down.
Speaker 7: I turned it on and I don't see him, is it?
Speaker 5: No? No? But key boy.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: He said that he hasn't been able to watch because he's on vacation with his fiance. He hasn't been able to watch the games. But they actually called him yesterday. Apparently it's a four hour drive from La and they they saw that he was in La and they wanted him to make the dry down there to watch the game and the dog because apparently all the other teams, like all the other countries, media has been asking where he is, especially the Japanese media. Uh, they've been pushing a lot of the Dominican team asking why why he's not why he's not there.
Speaker 10: In that in that finals, because you were on the because you're on the lea least side. Did you ever feel unsafe? Because so many times people are like, oh, I never feel safe when I'm in Venezuela or Dominican. When I was down there, I never felt unsafe. But did you feel safe because you were close? There was a lot there's a lot of these safe fans pretty close to you.
Speaker 5: The water said I and momental things no no no, and then you okay again, let no d n a.
Speaker 4: But she mentioned maybear fly Tomento.
Speaker 7: Know.
Speaker 5: So he said he didn't feel like.
Speaker 2: Anything life strending because you know, there's a lot of security to get into the stadium. But he did feel nervous sometimes that they could throw a bottle of him, uh or or any other object. There was a time where he caught a fly ball and foul territory right by the net and they try to grab him. They try to, you know, get physical, and and that that did make him nervous.
Speaker 5: When he got to the net.
Speaker 2: They they knew all his family, all the names in his family, and they make sure that he heard all of them.
Speaker 3: They're pro hecklers.
Speaker 7: That that is true.
Speaker 4: I will say.
Speaker 7: New York. You know it's now in New York.
Speaker 3: They got rid of those bozos. They can't they can't go to games. The two guys that grabbed the mookie bets. So we got rid of those two. You saw that, all right? So I want to ask a couple of baseball or MLB related questions here for Junior number one. I mean, this season obviously high expectations, but you're going to be playing at the Yankee spring training home. Are you excited, disappointed or don't really care about the situation because it is a minor league park. But I actually think you're gonna get just as many fans, just in a different way. You're gonna probably get almost sell out crowds of eleven thousand. I think the attendance last year in a much bigger park was only in the twelve thirteen.
Speaker 11: Thousando per.
Speaker 4: Locate in Shampi, you know, the.
Speaker 5: Tampa.
Speaker 2: This is not worry about it, but he does feel that with this the location of this field, unlike Sampede that is such a long drive for Tempa residents, that they're actually going to get better crowds in in the stadium and it's probably gonna get a lot of sellout crowds and it might make the environment more exciting.
Speaker 5: He said that he's.
Speaker 2: Talked to Cash and Cash has shown him pictures and videos of the weight room and the clubhouse and and all the uh stuff that they're working on to make it MLB standards.
Speaker 5: So he's they're all excited about it.
Speaker 10: Ken mentor on the race? Who's who's a mentor on the race for you? Is there somebody you go to mentor come mentor like a like a leader.
Speaker 7: Like ok.
Speaker 4: Mmhmm, okay, yo, Yeah, we love Yandy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, mostly just listens to the veterans like Yandy and anyone with more service time.
Speaker 5: This is a very young team. There's not a lot of veterans presence.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that's often the case with the Rays. All right, I got one more. I think these guys will do their last questions after that. So, you know, taking you a few years back, you get traded from Cleveland to the Race. From what I recall at the time, they're like forty man roster crunch. It's for Tobias Meyers, who ends up actually being a nice picture on Milwaukee. But at the time, were you like, wait, they're trading me because you were so young, did you kind of grasp what was going on?
Speaker 5: And you know, how did it affect you?
Speaker 4: And you know, a million town. Yeah, you gotta say.
Speaker 5: Okay in Cleveland.
Speaker 4: And metallic negotio in games for you in the.
Speaker 2: Momento, Yeah, I say it was h It was shocking and uncomfortable at the beginning because he was so young in twenty twenty one that going into a new organization he was going to have to start from scratch building relationships and friendships and and trust and and all that.
Speaker 5: So it was he was shocking for him, especially at such a young age.
Speaker 1: Understood it makes sense it turned out.
Speaker 6: Okay, all right, I gotta know if the Rays make the playoffs and it goes to a Game seven and he hits a home run in the ninth.
Speaker 1: Inning, will we see.
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 7: Okay, dude, that's my face.
Speaker 1: I mean, this is like my favorite favorite celebration I've ever seen. Look at that.
Speaker 7: It would be amazing perfect.
Speaker 1: You like it?
Speaker 7: I love it.
Speaker 5: These guys love it.
Speaker 4: Will he do it?
Speaker 1: No? No, no, what is it? I don't my my my a Spaniels. That is good? So is it? K alto about how high did the bat go when he how high?
Speaker 11: More?
Speaker 4: More?
Speaker 5: Is that like if it was if there was a building next to it, it would have hit the tenth floor?
Speaker 7: That's good? All right?
Speaker 5: Crats you got last legs?
Speaker 7: All right? Last one? Than with the balancesto? You like basketball? Are your commissa? I like it? Okay? Okay, start yan yan to it.
Speaker 10: Yeah, you don't play, but hey, what about the trade with did you see the trade with Luca?
Speaker 7: Don't check? And Anthony Anthony Davis.
Speaker 5: Yes, it's actually he's going to the Lakers game tomorrow. Okay, so what.
Speaker 7: Do you what do you think about that? Is that crazy? Now you get to see Luca, when you get to see the when you go to the Lakers.
Speaker 4: Game, where you see.
Speaker 5: I never seen Luca.
Speaker 8: So tomorrow watch Luca and Leven Jane, Ronnie Yange Keys everything I saw last year, Lebren Yange this year to whether that Luca and Lebyn Jane, he's crazy for me.
Speaker 7: Have you met him? Have you met have you met any of them? Like, did you get to meet him on your court side?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 5: No, no, Maybe they have the bat flip tomorrow and come up to him maybe, I hope. So that's cool. It's good timing to hit a game.
Speaker 11: Great.
Speaker 3: We glad we got you on here too.
Speaker 5: Coming off.
Speaker 3: I mean, you were the talk of the winter because we don't get much baseball, so we get those highlights. So thank you for joining us here for the first time. We'll see you in spring training. A couple of us live in Orlandos to work close by, but appreciate it, enjoy the break that you've got, and then we'll see you in a couple of weeks.
Speaker 5: Okay, thank you guys.
Speaker 1: Appreciate you, thank you,