Speaker 1: Good morning, Usa yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 2: Yo jess hilarious morning, Charlamagne.
Speaker 3: God past to up playing in his Friday Good morning, how y'all feel out there? I feel blessed, black and holly favored. Happy to be here another day to serve our beautiful listeners.
Speaker 2: Good morning Rains Friday.
Speaker 4: It's a three day week and we off Monday for Memorial Day. Hopefully you guys are having a great time. Hopefully y'all took on Friday and got a four day week, and that's what I tried to do.
Speaker 2: I'm actually in Saint Martin. Hey, uh, Saint Martin.
Speaker 4: Is they do the thing called Soul Beach Eaching every year, which is put on by Simbad and his brother, So Salutor Simbad and Marcus brother. They usually do it in the rover, but they moved it to Saint Martin. And as soon as I landed, they were like, Charlemagne's here all the time.
Speaker 5: Charlamagne lands in here all the time, and then he.
Speaker 4: Goes to the other island.
Speaker 3: I go there, Guilla, baby, you already know, but I can slewt to everybody in Saint Martin. They always show me in my family a lot of love when I'm there for thirty minutes.
Speaker 4: Oh why yeah, cause it was like they was like, tell him to stay here, we have nice things here. Tell them to enjoy the island. I was like, he loves Aguilla. He has some roots, and in Guilla he just loves it.
Speaker 5: So I mean roots.
Speaker 3: I know, roots in Anguiller is a scratch, but I got, you know, very much, a stretch.
Speaker 5: That's my I got good people's out there.
Speaker 6: Though.
Speaker 3: Love loved the island all it loves Saint Martin. Tudough Man just love the island people. The reason we don't care, though, is because you know, the Breakfast Club is a nationally syndicated platform. So the reason we don't care that you're in Saint Martin and is because we're here in New York City where it's.
Speaker 7: Raining cold, it's forty five degrees, it's sixty.
Speaker 5: Two degrees, and we're local forty eight. We still got on hoodies. Last night, I was in the street with a little light jacket on. I was like, what is going on?
Speaker 3: I heard or that you see what I'm saying, if y'all don't believe climate change is real, I don't know what to tell you.
Speaker 5: Y'all donet mess up this planet now.
Speaker 2: I mean you say, I got my little toes out right.
Speaker 5: Now you can't. You got baketball shorts on.
Speaker 8: No drugs.
Speaker 2: You just got drugs by a ball for no reason.
Speaker 5: Not need to see that testicle.
Speaker 4: Family show yees, So it's eighty eight degree, he said, shout to a laser one on one Saint Martin. That's their radio station. They allowed me to come here and actually do my show from here. That way, they got strong WiFi, they got ethanet cable, so we're good money.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 3: Who we got in the show today? Today we have David Hogg. He is an American gun control activist and political strategist and the co chair of the DNC. You remember David Hall. He was here back in the day after the Parkland shooting. But now he's the CoA chair at the DNC. So he'll be here because he's got some very interesting stuff going on as far as you know, wanting to switch out leadership and the Democratic Party. But lennee BENI will be here as well. You know, if you know anything about the Internet, which I'm sure a lot of y'all do. She has a show online called a Parking Lot Pimping, and she gives a lot of social commentary from there. But she's got a new show out on a vote called The People's Brief, and she'll be here to talk about that.
Speaker 4: All right, we got a lot to discuss today. Lauren is out today. She was actually somewhere well too. She was heading to the DR and because of kid cutting and the Diddy case, she stayed a little extra to see what could cut. He was gonna say, she missed her flight, so she just landed this morning in the DR. So we're gonna hold it down for the latest with Lauren.
Speaker 5: Should have left that damn courthouse.
Speaker 3: She could have got all that transcript from online, can't I told you.
Speaker 2: I told her that this week.
Speaker 7: But don't ever be getting stuff that don't nobody else get, Like you're in the York waters. The celebrities keep saying, like everybody in the courtroom the details of the details.
Speaker 3: I mean, everybody in the courtroom getting the same information. I'm happy that she's there, but.
Speaker 7: Jesus always say she says stuff to do nobody else.
Speaker 8: Say they do.
Speaker 3: They absolutely just you can't let it consume you to the point where you missing your and it's a business trip for her to Yeah, so that's why she had to get asked out there.
Speaker 4: All right, Well, let's get the show cracking. We got front page news. Morgan to be joining us, and we got a lot to break down today. There's so much in the news this morning. We gotta talk Diddy Kid, Cuddy ran me, Pap. There's a lot, so much.
Speaker 2: We'll get on to it. Jess's gonna be holding it down. I'm sorry, huh oh.
Speaker 7: Now, y'all won't give me a job bad.
Speaker 4: It's the Breakfast Cloak morning. Everybody is t j n V. Jess clears the guy. We are to Breakfast club. Let's get in some front page news.
Speaker 2: Start off with sports.
Speaker 10: Now.
Speaker 4: OKAC beat the timber Wolves last night one to eighteen one o three.
Speaker 2: They lead that series to Yo.
Speaker 3: A man, Julius Randall, what y'all gonna do? Y'all gonna make this a serious? Are we just gonna have to sleep through the Western Conference Finals?
Speaker 4: I don't know. I actually need Minnesota to win because I think if the Knicks do win, we have a better shot at beating the Timberwolves in Oka. See, but I gotta be beat the Paces first. And we play the Paces tonight at eight pm.
Speaker 3: So you're worried about the wrong things, you need to focus on them damn Paces and make sure that the Knicks can beat them.
Speaker 4: Okay, I know, I know.
Speaker 6: What's up, Morgan A happy Friday? How we fill in?
Speaker 7: We good legood?
Speaker 6: All right, let's get into it.
Speaker 11: So first on front page, President Trump says lowering the cost of drugs may end up being the most significant thing his.
Speaker 6: Administration will do.
Speaker 11: He made the comments speaking at the Make America Healthy Event Again or Make America Healthy Again event, adding that he challenges high drug prices and that will resident or generations to come now. Last week, Trump signed an executive order aimed at slashing prescription drug prices.
Speaker 6: He said the US.
Speaker 11: Will no longer foot the bill for lower drug prices in other countries. So let's take a listen to President Trump at his Make America Healthy Again event.
Speaker 12: And now they're going down maybe by eighty five eighty And I'm telling you, eighty nine percent in two instance is eighty nine percent cut.
Speaker 13: Nobody's ever seen anything like it.
Speaker 14: We were subsidized, saying the whole world, and I said, We're not going to do that anymore.
Speaker 2: We've been a laughing stock for so many years. The last four years, we've been a laughing stock. I said it. We were a laughing sock, and now we're the most respected.
Speaker 3: So I'm still confused by this, Morgan, because the Inflation Reduction Act is already in place. Like, the inflation reduction that was put in was actual legislation passed by the Biden administration, and that lord prescription drug costs. It made health insurance more affordable. And that's actual legislation, not an executive order. So what is what Trump did better than that?
Speaker 6: Oh no, it's not necessarily that it's better.
Speaker 11: But you know, the Republicans don't like the Inflation Reduction Act, and it doesn't necessarily address those overseas costs on certain things.
Speaker 6: Now, Health Secretary Robert F.
Speaker 11: Kennedy Junior released his Make America Healthy Again Report, saying it's a call to action for common sense.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 11: He believes it's a roadmap for federal agencies to use to reduce chronic childhood illness. And at the top of the list was poor diet and estimated seventy percent of US kids calories coming from ultra processed foods. US Agriculture Secretary Brook Rawlins also talked about reforms and food stamps.
Speaker 6: Let's take a listen to their comments. Kennedy and Rawlins, it's common sense that not all calories are equal in nutritional value. It's common sense that over medicating kids is dangerous.
Speaker 15: We are on track to sign multiples of snap waivers to get junk food and sugary drinks out of our food stamp system.
Speaker 7: And I am so proud.
Speaker 11: So Other points from the MAHA report include too many environmental chemicals in our food, lack of activity and chronic stress, and the over prescription of medication for kids.
Speaker 6: Of course, they're talking about trands and on things like that.
Speaker 11: Kennedy says the US must act decisively to reverse the childhood chronic disease crisis. Now, in other news, Harvard University can no longer enroll foreign students.
Speaker 6: That's according to Homeland Security.
Speaker 11: Christy know them who sent a letter to Harvard informing them that their eligibility or their ability to enroll foreign students at their university has been revoked. She says the university has not fully complied with all reporting requirements to DHS, including providing detailed records of foreign students misconduct on campus. I'm not going to toss to her audio, but the Trump administration has already yanked millions in federal grants meant for the university. I anticipate seeing more of this with other institutions of higher education who decide to bump back against the Trump administration. So we will continue to keep you posted on what happens in these types of situations, these types of instances.
Speaker 2: That's your Is that illegal?
Speaker 3: I mean, I hear these things and I don't know if they're leegal or not. It don't sound like that's something you should be You can just do, But can you?
Speaker 2: Are you worried about legal with Donald Trump?
Speaker 16: Right?
Speaker 6: If you keep asking this question.
Speaker 5: That's right?
Speaker 3: Do that there is no rule of law when it comes to the Trump administration.
Speaker 5: You're absolutely right. There you go, You're absolutely right.
Speaker 17: All right?
Speaker 6: All right? So that covered six am.
Speaker 11: At seven am, we're gonna get some more details on this shooting that happened in Washington, DC at the Capitol Jewish Museum.
Speaker 4: All right, everybody else, get it off your chest. Eight hundrink five A five one oh five one. If you need to vent phone line to wide open again eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. Call us up right now. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 18: Good morning the Breakfast Club. Wait, this is your time to get it off your Chest. Eight hundred five eight five one five one. We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Hello. Who's this from Atlanta? Wesley from Get It off your Chest?
Speaker 19: Hey, well, good morning. If you got I gotta I think what's going on with Trump is the fact that everybody in the government really want him to do what he wants.
Speaker 8: What he's doing.
Speaker 5: I'll be thinking that too, Bro.
Speaker 19: He's doing exactly what the plan is. You know what I'm saying. You get things in order when it comes to finances and for the but the country. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not Trump fan. But when I look at all of our constituents, is Democrats, Republicans, Independent, everybody's just talking. Nobody's really doing anything.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Listen, I agree with you one hundred percent. Like it makes no sense, Like even you know, when you think about the last four years when Biden was in office, they told us, you know, how much of a threat that Donald Trump was, but they never acted like he was one. And then you know when the less, when he wins, and they're just like, welcome home. It almost feels like everybody's in cohoots with each other, right because if they weren't, if they weren't, I would feel like it'd be more resistance, right, you know.
Speaker 19: Exact actly exactly.
Speaker 20: Now.
Speaker 19: The other thing I do want to say this, You want to say, Charlie Mane all the time, what can we do? Like every major government in history, for the most part, has been overthrown by the people. I don't think it's gonna be in the government. I think it's somebody's that's got to stand up and take a million people to the White House and say we want them out.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: Protesting?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that ain't going well if you're talking people protesting anything else, like no, no.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the day that happened.
Speaker 7: I mean, I'm not trying I'm not.
Speaker 21: Trying to say go up in arms and stuff.
Speaker 19: But I'm just saying, like dictated, the overthrown by the people.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, Yeah, that ain't gonna happen.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the day that happened, they gonna activate martial law. I don't see that.
Speaker 3: I let a million people show up to the White House and watching. Yeah, I don't see that going down.
Speaker 10: Well, who's this little smooth jazz from the court with a.
Speaker 4: Little smooth jazz?
Speaker 2: What up? Brother running?
Speaker 10: Look, I just want to shout out my chuging woman to share a lot that everybody doing the big one.
Speaker 21: With their promotion.
Speaker 10: Shout out the bird man ran out there with the seventh bird uh clothed the line. My my homie Drew Threw Richard with the film out here and everybody doing a big another shot out to my homie chased body with his music, promoting his music and stuff.
Speaker 17: Man, you know everybody's doing big numbers.
Speaker 21: Man, I just want to shout out of everybody from the port, we're doing it big there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's you. Get it off your chest eight hundred and five eight five one five one.
Speaker 2: If you need to vig call us up right now. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 7: Ray right ray yo, charlat man, yasey, what up are we lying?
Speaker 8: This is your time to get it off your chest?
Speaker 21: I got an indoor pool, outdoor pool.
Speaker 8: We want to hear from you on the breakfast club.
Speaker 7: Get on the phone right now, He'll tell you what it is.
Speaker 6: We lie.
Speaker 8: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 21: Hello? This is from South Carolina.
Speaker 5: Hey, what part of talk Carolina?
Speaker 21: A you call him from King Street, South Carolina?
Speaker 3: Kings ball out in Kingstree at the night life?
Speaker 5: Man, what do you for a while?
Speaker 2: What do you know?
Speaker 22: What the night light salary?
Speaker 5: We don't play with me.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm from Moscow and I the whole party at the night life back in the like, oh one, when I was working a high ninety eight nine and childs and I used to be at the night life like every every Friday.
Speaker 21: Old sister and sister. You already know, yes, sir, okay, but I want to have a conversation with you, my homeboy, my brother. I'm an active this year in South Carolina, y'all would have a conversation. Oh last week, I think about Tory Lane about due process. You know, yes, sir, okay. Here in South Carolina they had the mother and sweet daughters that kill her Mother's Day in twenty twenty two. I'm sure you're familiar with that officer going on the call turn her life wasn't on, so she killed the whole family. So they had a jury. The jury came back and convicted on all charges, even tappled with evidence because when she hit them, her life was on and she turned the light on after, so that tapping whatever. The We went there every day trying to fight the case. Convicted looking like forty five years. The jurch came back and gazed him, gave the officer three years, three years and shoot the genial convictor. And then we're talking about due process. This has been going on ever since Rodney King or d of the officer back then. If you remember a recall, we're small, they beat Rodney King quipped them with a stick. They got to quit it. The due process, it is not for us.
Speaker 2: It's not for us.
Speaker 21: It's always for the people that put in place to help them. They're the one who's making the blow up. So how will we get through foster? But they want us to be patient and understand and go to the process, and we'd be patient to go through the process. It doesn't work for us. So when do we stop and stop staying it's enough?
Speaker 3: Well, I'm a little confused on what you what you're presenting right now, because I mean you're talking about police officers, not regular everyday citizens. So of course, you know we see police officers get off all the time, but that's because they're police officer.
Speaker 5: Oh you drop the job. Damn yeah, I don't. I don't. I don't understand what he was saying.
Speaker 2: Hello, who's this year?
Speaker 4: We very?
Speaker 2: What up trying?
Speaker 22: Uh?
Speaker 21: That hilarious?
Speaker 17: What's up?
Speaker 5: What's happening?
Speaker 21: I'm doing good?
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 21: I got a call up here and promote myself. You know.
Speaker 22: I did drop a new song the other day. It's called Dance All Night, and I would like for everybody you know, go check it out. Type in twin wem w l l m V Dance all Night and it's a little pop record, little something different, nothing else.
Speaker 8: People like it.
Speaker 7: Yes, it's different.
Speaker 5: I love that Dance all Night.
Speaker 4: It's definitely different.
Speaker 5: What's it? What's it about?
Speaker 2: Every check it out?
Speaker 5: What's the song? What's the song about?
Speaker 7: Dance on?
Speaker 22: It's about just dancing and drinking all night and just being yourself and be in the moment. Did he care about everybody that's going on around you and just you know, enjoy yourself.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I didn't. I couldn't tell about the title what the song was about.
Speaker 4: That's why was it inspired by the did he trial and everything?
Speaker 2: Dance all night, be free and all that.
Speaker 22: No, at first of all, just don't ever ever made my mom?
Speaker 7: Sorry, But it was funny how you said that.
Speaker 22: Now, yeah, you got with the record up coming up, y'all coming up?
Speaker 2: You pregnant? Congratulations?
Speaker 5: Track listen? Well where can we find this record at trap on.
Speaker 22: All streaming platforms?
Speaker 21: I would want you to take a listen to it, though it is different.
Speaker 22: I wrote it from like, you know, like a Bruno Marris.
Speaker 5: But okay, but all right, all by.
Speaker 2: Why track so gay this morning?
Speaker 3: No, you ain't never been this gate is on the radio tracks always gay?
Speaker 2: What are you talking?
Speaker 5: Sounding gag? That was crazy?
Speaker 7: You asked him what was the song inspired by that?
Speaker 2: He said, yeah, I know what happened.
Speaker 3: I know why you sounded like that because two hours ago he probably was getting bottomized that that's what happened.
Speaker 7: Bottomized is wild.
Speaker 4: Get it off your chest eight hundred and five and five one O five one. If you need to Ben, you can hit us up now. Lauren is out today, so Jess is giving us that mess.
Speaker 7: Yes, period, that's what it is. And don't ask me what we got come up next. That's it, y'all, just gonna have to see me be hitting the kid, Cuddy, we hitting the remy. She was sitting in the middle of the mall. She went twice alive. She couldn't even wait till she got in the car to talk back to path.
Speaker 2: So all right, we'll get into all that when we come back. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: Warning, everybody is DJ Envy, Jeselary is Charlamagne the God.
Speaker 3: We are the Breakfast Club Man. Happy Friday, and listen, you know today is Friday. So on Fridays we do the people's Donkey. Okay, So one hundred and five five, one oh five one. If you want to call up this morning and give somebody the credit they deserve for being stupid, you can do that and we'll.
Speaker 5: Put you on donkey today.
Speaker 8: That's right.
Speaker 4: It's just back in the room because for some reason, I can't see the view of the room now.
Speaker 5: No, Lauren, Lauren is in the DRF. She's in the Dominican Republic.
Speaker 2: Is she getting a body done or she just she hosted something out there.
Speaker 5: She's something with her arms. She just want to get her arms done.
Speaker 3: Okay, she got them heroin attic arms, so she wanted to get a little protein in her arms. From what I was told, come back and looking Diesel like Popeye.
Speaker 5: You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: We know why, But Jessica, Robin Moore is here. So Jess are we calling this uh just with the mess? Or this is the latest of lorda And you just have.
Speaker 3: Say, are we calling it just with the mess? Is it gonna be the latest with Lauren? What you want to do right now?
Speaker 7: Are we live?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 7: Yes, just it don't matter. Yeah, you knows as well. Whether it's just Robbin Moore. Just don't do no lines, don't be talk nobody.
Speaker 5: Why jess World.
Speaker 8: On the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: She's the coaches ship.
Speaker 3: She was able to get y'all to see something and understand something that nobody could get you to see this time to set it off and you get that finger ready, you get that finger ready, y'all got she got this.
Speaker 7: Pap all right, y'all, y'all, I do remember they back at it again back in December last year. Let me exposed a relationship between Pap and Clarissa Shells or whatever, and uh, it was a big thing that happened or whatever. Now they're back for round two. So Clarissa was up here on the Breakfast Club. The Breakfast Club always get people in trouble. You're a member, Yeah, yeah, but I didn't ask the question. Boy, So it's always on you. You always act like you don't know what's going on. But we got the audio play that because you spoke.
Speaker 23: I don't have to argue about anybody about where my spot is with him.
Speaker 7: You know, it's like, that's not my place.
Speaker 24: Now.
Speaker 23: There are things that got to get handled, but it's still it's not even my stuff to handle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you said there's some things he needs to handle.
Speaker 8: You mean by.
Speaker 23: It's the elephant in the room. I don't have to say in his personal life. Oh, but that takes time. And like I said, that's not my place to speak on you know what I'm saying, Like it get handled. I just know that from my perspective, I'm with him. I'm with him every day, and when I'm not with him, we're on the phone every day.
Speaker 7: We love each other. So that's just kind of what it is. So that all of already given Yeah, that's.
Speaker 23: We talk about so many different things.
Speaker 7: Clarify that Din has to get taken care of.
Speaker 23: But like you know, once again, it's not it's not for me, you say, I'm saying like I'm not.
Speaker 25: I'm not married.
Speaker 7: But I was just trying to get clarity.
Speaker 5: That was already given out. That did it, That did it, That did it.
Speaker 6: That wre me.
Speaker 7: Don't like being called an elephant, you know what I mean? Because she got upset and then she she caught wind to the interview and she hopped on allowed to give her side of things.
Speaker 24: Don't nobody falling love? That's that then somebody with nowhere to stay. I literally told him, every time your come up, your current come up says my name, or does something that I feel is trying to attack me in any type of way, I'm gonna drag you.
Speaker 7: And I haven't even been dragging them bad enough.
Speaker 24: You got my daughter's mom out here looking crazy because you refuse to tell people. Me and Ram haven't even slept in the same bed since twenty two. You were so wrapped up in the whole black love thing. That was your thing, that was your that was the only thing you had and I realized that, and and I and I respected that.
Speaker 7: You know what, I don't need to.
Speaker 24: Be out here telling people you ain't this, and you ain't got this, and you ain't doing this and you ain't that.
Speaker 4: Whoever get you? Yes see?
Speaker 7: And when she also spoke on a while, the divorce is taking so long?
Speaker 24: You moved on great. I'm trying to understand what's the hold up? What's what's the hold up?
Speaker 2: Who's holding what up?
Speaker 24: I have my lawyer called, like, yo, we sent them the email, right, he gave his low information.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you gotta you called them?
Speaker 10: Right?
Speaker 6: What did she say?
Speaker 7: She said, he hasn't retained to yet.
Speaker 24: If you don't go pay that lady, I said, okay, maybe maybe it's not there. Maybe hey, guess what it could say both of us some money we don't gotta have. We don't gotta have all our business out there. We don't have to do all of these. I paid my lawyer already, that's getting mediator. I don't want nothing. I don't want nothing. I'm not asking the child support, spousal support. I don't want no cars, I don't want no crip. I'm not giving nobody anything. That's done there's neither.
Speaker 7: Yo and then y'all know. So when this thing blew up, it's always been speculation about who left who. Did Pat leave her because she cheated? Or she did she leave him because she got tired of him? Whatever? She also made it, she made it clear yesterday did it never? They didn't end. She didn't leave him because of infidelity. In didn't have.
Speaker 24: Nothing into what I break up because guess what, I'm such a real one.
Speaker 7: I know the procedure when somebody goes to prison. When I came.
Speaker 24: Home, now, I went straight through that phone immediately.
Speaker 7: I know what was up.
Speaker 24: When I had to fight baby mothers at mother in law's houses on Thanksgiving, I knew that girl wasn't lying about what she was saying was going on.
Speaker 7: While I was saying, I knew she wasn't likelying. I'm just mad. I just was mad.
Speaker 24: I knew she wasn't lying though, So basically that's what I said. But I didn't know about the fights that I had to fight baby mothers on Thanksgiving right in housing, y'a don't know about.
Speaker 7: I'm not no cornyass, So she ain't even even after that, what I was gonna say, I don't like seeing Remy and Pat poofs like this, Like both of them have always been super solid.
Speaker 3: But I can understand why Remy is upset because if you're dealing with somebody, you know, if you if you're dealing with something like a divorce, you don't want to hear the person's new booth speaking on y'all in any way.
Speaker 7: Way, even though Clarisia didn't really say like, didn't say her name, wouldn't even really say anything like violent or you know, to it her, she still just didn't want to.
Speaker 4: But the thing is, well, first of all, you're dealing with two of the slickers mouths in the industry. They're gonna go back and forth all day long. But the only thing is I hate to see it because I know Remy and I know Pap. But the only bad thing about it is if they both moved on, right, I think Remy moved on, have moved on. We don't want to see this playing out, right, Yeah, but their daughter, their daughter's gonna get to age where she sees stuff online, and they love their daughter, They love their kids, and I hate seeing this.
Speaker 2: Well, let's be honest, we don't.
Speaker 3: We don't want to see it playing out, but we want to see it playing out. We're not the generation of days, our lives in bold and beautiful.
Speaker 5: This's our stories, right.
Speaker 7: And this is also y'all got to think about what she dealing with when she wake up and she see like, you know, how long people have been telling her always her fault, like she cheated, and she you know what I mean, Like I be seeing people come for both of them, but come for Remy more like they've been on her ass.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they great.
Speaker 3: And if you have not been speaking on somebody and you hear that new booth speaking on y'all relationship, you feel like it's coming from your ex.
Speaker 5: So I can see what that was.
Speaker 7: And so because that means you're talking about what's going on, you know, And she's going in all these interviews and she's saying she's not touching it all the way, but she touching on it, you know what I mean, the elephant in the room. She did make it clear why she left this She ain't even leave after all of that.
Speaker 4: She left.
Speaker 7: This is why she left.
Speaker 24: When I didn't want a man knit jer anymore, when I didn't want somebody taking twenty percent out of my check and I still.
Speaker 7: Pay all the bills anymore.
Speaker 24: When I decided that I didn't like being guilt tripped. Oh, I was there when nobody else was there. That's the type of people that gets prayed on. I'm the one that said, hey.
Speaker 7: Please leave, are we doing this? Like this doesn't make sense? Like y'all believed me when I said, this is.
Speaker 24: The most amazing person ever in the whole world.
Speaker 7: That's why ya think that because YA didn't see it. I'm lying. I did stupid, Like, hey, look at my new truck. It's a push you give. I bought that, so I did do something to put the sauce on it.
Speaker 24: But that's what you're supposed to do when you love somebody, and y'all in a relationship, you make them see like that bigger than what they are.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and yo, she was live for eighty minutes. That was just the first time. Y'all was about to say, I didn't hear none of this yesterday? Yeah, yeah, yeah, oh no, How long was she gonna live for? She went live for eighty minutes the first time and then passed. He felt the Lord triggered. It was a whole back and forth. We ain't gonna get to everything, but it was a lot. He said this.
Speaker 26: You know it's true. I wrote tons of her music. Ninety percent of her music. I wrote it since I've been around her. I wrote probably like three songs on her first album. If I listened to it, I'll tell you exactly what I wrote.
Speaker 2: And when you listen to.
Speaker 5: It, y'all know my pen.
Speaker 26: The only reason why I'm mentioning that is because you fabricates. You fabricated, and you talked about my children, and as a.
Speaker 2: Father, I was not going to allow that.
Speaker 26: I'm allowed you to do what you've been doing all this time, and I said nothing. She got mad at me because I went live and say I didn't knock this lean out.
Speaker 3: Now, as a hip hop fan, that's what I need proof of. That's a hell of a that's a hell of a accusation that you Y's first album. And then I saw Papas last night that he wrote, U, I got it.
Speaker 7: You got to provide that's her biggest songs.
Speaker 3: I don't care about the relationship stuff. That's your business. As a hip hop fan, I got to see some proof of that.
Speaker 7: And then also she wanted him to show proof al so that she tried to get back with him, because when he said that, he said, Yo, you was just trying to get back with me last night, and I said no, she went live again. We don't got time to play all that. But it's it's it's basically it's a lot. And then also our biggest argument was like, yo, I just I want the divorce, you know. She was saying like, if you can't afford the lawyer, I'll pay for it or whatever. Right, And then so he posted out of no where like filing was the easiest thing to do, and she said, if you look on the date, yo, you just filed this today. Well this was yesterday when it was live, but he had just went to fil yesterday. That the date is on the paperwork and everything. Clarissa also took to Twitter to confirm some things and uh, yeah, y'all going.
Speaker 8: Her so much.
Speaker 5: Can I ask one quick question?
Speaker 7: What's up?
Speaker 3: Why do we always say the elephant in the room? Has there ever been an elephant in any room? And how did they get there?
Speaker 8: Like?
Speaker 5: Why do we say that?
Speaker 7: But I guess the biggest thing because nobody's talking the biggest thing in the room. How did you ever ignore an elephant in the work.
Speaker 5: Now who bought it?
Speaker 7: There though no idea, you know, Michael Jackson said, the animals everywhere.
Speaker 4: We don't no room that I know of. Okay, that's the question.
Speaker 2: But anyway, I hate to see this.
Speaker 4: I mean, like I said, we love both of them, and like Charlamagne said, we are hip hopheads.
Speaker 2: I mean, Remy has been spitting since I.
Speaker 3: Writing Remy raps. That's the only thing I need proof of all that relationship stuff.
Speaker 4: But you also, they try to hurt each other, like they're trying to hurt the chat, like they're so upset they will say anything to hurt each other. We don't necessarily know what's false, what's true, but they're trying to hurt each other.
Speaker 3: That's how you know that's a hip hop couple. That's how you heard that I wrote your rap.
Speaker 4: And if you don't remember, a couple of months ago, she was like, I know you're gonna come out and say you nobody gonna believe that.
Speaker 7: Like she did say that. He was so that this must have been being said for years, Like even when they was together and arguing, he must have said it. He might have been rapping it prand things.
Speaker 4: You don't want to hear somebody got a small p fee. Did anybody say that?
Speaker 5: All right, I'm talking about rapping, but that's how.
Speaker 7: You hurt somebody. Somebody all started on the breakfast club. This is what That's not true, doing that to people up here?
Speaker 5: True that ephant shut up? All right?
Speaker 4: When we come back, we got front page news and don't go anywhere.
Speaker 2: It's the breakfast club.
Speaker 4: Good morning, wake up.
Speaker 8: If you're like to enter the breakfast club.
Speaker 17: Warning.
Speaker 4: Everybody's d J n V Jesse hilarious, Charlamagne the guy. We are the breakfast Club. Let's get in some front news now. Last night OKC beat the Timberwolvesdale, leading as series to nothing, and tonight my New York Micks take on the Paces at eight pm. We are home, We're at the Garden, and we're gonna win this when we gotta winness when we we can't play with you Indiana.
Speaker 2: Shoot y'all played with him last game, you right, We ain't playing with them no more. What's up Morgan?
Speaker 6: All right, let's get into it.
Speaker 11: So more details are coming out about the shooting that took place at the Capitol Jewish Museum in Washington, d C. That left to Israeli embassy staffers dead Uron Lisinski and Sarah Milgrim were gounned down outside the Capitol Jewish Museum shortly after nine pm on Wednesday night. A man identified as Elias Rodriguez faces two counts of first degree murder, along with murder of foreign officials and two firearm related charges. Rodriguez was taken into custody following the shooting outside of the Capitol Jewish Museum, and he reported to have shouted free, Free Palestine while he was being arrested. Now, US Attorney General Pam Bondi said she's been in constant contact with President Trump since it happened, and the death penalty for Rodriguez is a possibility. She made these comments yesterday, so just don't want you get confused about her saying yesterday. She's speaking in reference to Wednesday. So let's take a listen to US Attorney General Pam Bondi.
Speaker 14: I was on the phone with Donald Trump all evening long, all evening. He called me first thing this morning. He is horrified by what happened. Two beautiful young people were gunned down last night needlessly.
Speaker 21: You know.
Speaker 14: I saw his body being taken away from the scene that was horrific.
Speaker 11: So meanwhile, Senators John Thune and Chuck Schumer are speaking out about the incident.
Speaker 6: Senator Senate Majority.
Speaker 11: Leader John Thune said he's disgusted, while Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer said people should be outraged about this incident.
Speaker 6: Let's take a listen to their comments and.
Speaker 9: Everything we know so far, it is appallingly clear that event attendees were deliberately targeted.
Speaker 27: Such a blatant and targeted act of anti semitism right here in the nation's capital should outrage you, everybody. Beautiful, young couple about to be married, just starting their lives, gunned down, seeming seemlings, seemingly because they were Jewish.
Speaker 6: Yeah, very very sad situation. I'll keep your guys on that now.
Speaker 11: Senator Schumer also used his time on the floor to address the passage of President Trump's Big Beautiful Bill, and speaking of which, President Trump's Big Beautiful Bill did pass yesterday morning on a vote of two fifteen to two fourteen, with all Democrats and two Republicans voting no. House Speaker Mike Johnson is offering some advice to his colleagues in the Senate, who will now take up the measure after the vote, Johnson says he hopes the Senate will pass the bill so it can be on President President Trump's desk by July fourth.
Speaker 6: Let's take a listen to how Speaker Mike Johnson well look.
Speaker 12: Forward to the Senate's timely consideration of this once in a generation legislation, which stand ready to continue our work together to deliver on the one big, beautiful bill, as President Trump named it himself.
Speaker 2: We're going to send that to his desk.
Speaker 12: We're going to get there by Independence Day on July fourth, and we are going to celebrate a new golden age in America.
Speaker 6: It's definitely going to be new giving. It's giving new, all right.
Speaker 11: So Senators have already promised to make some changes to that build. If it does become law, it would institute reforms to Medicaid, including stricter work requirements and more frequent alibility eligibility checks.
Speaker 6: Excuse me.
Speaker 11: It's estimated the US will save at least six hundred and twenty five billion dollars, but it also means seven point six million Americans will lose health insurance over the next ten years. It would also eliminate taxes on tips, while putting billions towards fighting illegal immigration and a nationwide defense system like the Golden Dome I mentioned earlier this week, among other things. So I will continue to keep you guys posted as to what's happening. I believe that per this Memorial Day weekend, Congress is headed to a recess, so they'll be on recess all of next.
Speaker 6: Week and then there will return the fire following week.
Speaker 11: And speaking of Memorial Day, the weekend travel rush is already underwag peak. Airport crowds are expected today, with the FAA expecting record breaking travel. Over three and a half million people are expected to get to their destination by plane and almost two percent increase from last year. And then of course there's also they're also seeing people on the roads. Triple A is forecasting forty five million Americans will hit the road between today and Monday for the holiday weekend. So yeah, if you're headed out like you and V, you know, just make sure you guys are safe, paccupations and treat others with some kindness and respect because between real IV and the administration and everything else that's going on, you know, we could all use a little bit of vacation, a little bit of a break book. You know, in order to get to that break we might have to stand in some lines and you know, wait in some traffic.
Speaker 4: So just yeah, like I said, give yourself a little extra time. And remember if somebody's a little late in the rushing and you got a little time, let them through. Let them through. You don't know what their day was, what they've been through, what happened. They could have got a flat town on the way to the airport.
Speaker 2: Give people some grace today. Oh this weekend, I should say, all right.
Speaker 11: And one more thing real quick, if I can shout out the eighty two second Airborne Infantry Division and celebration of their All American Week. They reached out to me saying that they listened to us on Fayetteville, North Carolina on foxy ninety nine, So hashtag Airborne all the way. And of course I want to salute all of our military and our service leaders who have made the ultimate sacrifice. That is what Memorial Day is, all the you know is about. So those who serve, we salute you and thank you for your service. That's your front page news.
Speaker 6: Follow me on.
Speaker 11: Socials at Morgan Medium for more news coverage. Follow at Black Information Network, download the free iHeartRadio app, and visit us at vinnews dot com. Make it an amazing Memorial Day.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Morgan, Thanks Morgan, joe An, you too, everybody else. When we come back, who's joining the chelamane?
Speaker 3: Well, first, I want to tell everybody today is Friday, and you know on Fridays we do the people's donkey. Okay, So if you want to give somebody the credit they deserve for being stupid, okay, call up right now, one one hundred and five five, one oh five one, and I'm gonna let you all give out the biggest he hard this morning. And our guest is David Hogg. David Hogg is an American gun control activist. He's a survivor of the twenty eighteen park Land shooting and now he's a political strategist and co chair of the DNC, and he is doing some great things in regards to challenging ineffective leadership in the Democratic Party.
Speaker 4: So we're gonna talk to him, all right, we'll get to that next, So don't move. It's the Breakfast Club, God Morning, the Breakfast Club. Warning everybody, as thej n V Jess Hilarious, Charlamagne the Guy.
Speaker 2: We are a breakfast club.
Speaker 4: We got a special guest in the building, American gun control activists and political strategist and co chair of the DNC.
Speaker 2: Ladies and gentlemen, we have David Hogg.
Speaker 5: Good to see you, man.
Speaker 3: You know, I really appreciate a lot of the things that you've been doing because you are challenging the Democratic establishment, and I just think we need more of that.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I certainly agree. I think the fact of the matter is, right now, we have seen last election, we lost voting share with nearly every single demograph pick out there, and we also lost against Donald Trump of all people. Right, And if that's not a sign that we need to dramatically change, I don't know what is. So that's really what we're out here trying to do is help to elevate a new generation and also make sure that nobody feels like you know, that they can just be in their position of power forever, because ultimately, this is democracy last I checked, right, and it's about making sure that we have the best representation possible in every district.
Speaker 3: Do you feel like the Democratic establishment uses young activists as mascots more than partners.
Speaker 13: Certainly, at times it can happen. I mean I know for a fact when I started running for this position, you know, there were people who were certainly resistant who I ended up talking to a lot of the time. That was actually one of my favorite parts about running for this position, because when you're running to be a vice chair, you have to call people and obviously earn their vote, and one of my favorite parts about it was talking to the people who at first did not want to vote for me at all. I mean, there was one person who I talked to who actually said, in one of my first calls that I made to ask for the support, that I never talked to this person before this that said that I should not do this. I cannot win, and that there's absolutely no pathway to victory for me, and that they would not vote for me. That was the first call that I had, very welcoming, right, But what I said to them was like, I understand that you're not in a position where you feel like you're not gonna be able to support me, but ultimately, I care a lot about the constituency group that you represent, so I want to keep talking to you because even if you don't vote for me, I do care about what you care about, And ultimately they ended up coming around and supporting me and being a huge supporter as well.
Speaker 3: And you were a survivor of the Parkland shooting with that would spark the thought to get into politics.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I mean before this, I wanted to be a journalist because I wanted to scare the crap out of politicians that I thought were corrupt as well, and didn't do anything ultimately, But I realized after Parkland, when my classmates and I mobilized. For people that may not remember, we had one of the largest school shootings in American history after my high school in Parkland, and my classmates and I were obviously devastated after that, but I would say just as much as that, we were furious because we grew up hearing from our politicians their thoughts and prayers over and over again after these shootings, but they weren't really doing anything right.
Speaker 24: I was.
Speaker 13: I think I was in middle school when Sandy Hook happened. I wasn't even alive when Columbine happened. That's how long this has been going on for. And we went out there and we didn't say go out and vote for Democrats or Republicans necessarily, we said, go out and vote for more religis leaders that represent you and your values right. And what we saw was one of the largest youth photo turnouts in American history. We took back the House. And what we saw as well is after Parkland, we didn't go out there. Even though there was a lot of the polsters and consultants and pundits that brought the Democratic Party to the place that it is right now, who told us, No, you can't talk about taking on the NRA, the organization that stops these gun laws from changing a.
Speaker 5: Lot of the time insanity.
Speaker 13: You can't talk about banning assault weapons because that's too unpopular. Because this is Florida, it's a Republican state. Gun laws get weaker here because we did the opposite of what all those purported experts told us to do. We actually did change gun laws in Florida.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you're not fixing the problem if you don't go after.
Speaker 13: Exactly you have to address it. And because of that, we raised the aged by a gun to twenty one. For context of the shoot at my high school, he couldn't buy a handgun from a federally licensed dealer because he wasn't twenty one yet, but he could purchase an AR fifteen. And then we passed a red flag law that can disarm people that are risk themselves in others. That has been used over nineteen thousand times in the state of Florida to disarm people that, for example, threaten to shoot up a high school or harm their intimate partner, you know, and thousands of lives have been saved from that. And what I learned from that experience is that it's actually summed up well by Dolores Rereta, who I asked one time at a protest, what is the most important thing that you need to tell any young person or activist that wants to make change that they need to know? What she said to me is it doesn't matter whether or not the change it is actually possible. It's whether or not you can make people believe that the change is possible more than anything. And that's what we did after Parkland, and I think what we're trying to do now is take that generation of young people who have been let down in so many ways by their political system, whether it's through gun violence inside of school or outside of school, whether it's the housing crisis, the student debt crisis are so much more and show them that there's a new generation of people coming in that are people like Congressman Maxwell Frost. I don't know if you know this person. He's the youngest member of Congress. He started he was working for March for Our Lives while I was in college, and he called me up and he said he wanted to run for Congress. And I said, that's awesome, but you know you're twenty four, right, He had to be twenty five to get elected to Congress. And Maxwell, do you know, he didn't come from some super fancy background. His parents aren't super wealthy or anything like that. He's just a normal person. And when he was running, he had to Uber drive from nine pm to two am every night while running for Congress. And he was running against two former members of Congress, one of whom was a head fund manager while they were a member of Congress. Not a conflict of interest at all, right, And then the other one had committed tax run while they were in Congress. And Maxwell's ridden off by the establishment so much. They said, you know, he's a great person, but he can't win. He can't raise that kind of money, and we helped him raise I helped him raise about four hundred thousand dollars in his first two quarters. But the thing is the most important thing that somebody needs to run for office is the will, the grit, and the distermination to get elected. But they also need a substantial amount of funding in order to get elected. Far too many young people with that griten determination struggle to get there. And that's why we do what we do with leaders we deserve. Because Maxwell ended up with that determination and that support, becoming the youngest member of Congress, that helps us pearhead and effort to get the Biden administration to aggress to address gun violence in a more substantial manner. And shortly after I graduated from college, I found myself sitting in the Rose Garden at the White House with Congressman Maxwell Frost, who I had just I literally hired from my freshman dorm room, introducing the President of the United States to create something called the Office of Gun Violence Prevention that helped to coordinate the federal government's response to gun violence, and they oversaw about a twenty five percent reduction in gun homicides over the course of about three years from that work, and that's because of the pressure that Maxwell helped to put on. But imagine if we had thirty Maxwell's in Congress.
Speaker 7: David, going back to the shooting, you were just seventeen when that happened, right, I can only imagine, like, what was I know you said you guys were fairious, but what is something from that day? What do you remember most about the data sticks with you today?
Speaker 13: I think what I remember most was just the sense of anger that I had at what had happened. But it was more righteous indignation, kind of like the injustice of what had happened. Because I had spent the past four years in my speech and debate classes, studying arguing about gun control, for example, and having to argue on both sides of it, both for and against it.
Speaker 25: You don't get to decide.
Speaker 13: Which side you're arguing on. You have to argue on both. And I was frustrated because I felt like I maybe myself and my classmates could have done something before this because of what we knew from that education that we did it that could have potentially prevented it. So that's a lot of what I think about, and of course, to the fear that one has when my sister was just fourteen years old that day and she lost four friends. That's really what I was thinking about was, for the first time in my life, there wasn't anything that I could do to help my sister feel better other than to try to stop this from happening to other people. And that sense of helplessness is really what I hold on too. But I also remember that the friendship and camaraderie that my cosmates and I and the parents and teachers and other people that we worked with had in order to hold these politicians' feet to the fire. Because if there's anything that I learned from that experience, when I originally went out and started talking about it, I wasn't doing it as an activist. I was doing it as a journalist because I wanted to talk about what happened that day. But I soon realized it wasn't gonna be enough to do that, because you can't just talk about what's wrong.
Speaker 2: You got to make it better and.
Speaker 13: Say what needs to be done right, and journalists often can't do that.
Speaker 4: Was still kicking in with the co chair of the DNC, David Hogg. Charlamagne, let me.
Speaker 3: Ask a question, David, at what moment did you realize you were more of a threat than an asset to democratic leadership.
Speaker 13: I wouldn't say that I'm a I would say that I'm still an asset because I would say that this much is true. Right, if you're in democratic leadership, It's kind of like being the coach of a baseball team, right, Like, sure, could you go out against a group of fifth graders and hit a home run? Absolutely, But ultimately, if you can't get other people on base, right because they can't even swing the bat. Sometimes it's not a matter of what type of bat they're using, it's a matter of can they swing to actually get on base in the first place, And it's a matter of getting new players. Ultimately, it's not a matter of oh can we can? We just do more and more training. And I think what we need to do more of in our own party is, yes, we have to fight back to defeat Republicans, but we also need to give people something true and authentic.
Speaker 5: To vote for.
Speaker 13: Where we're showing people how the reason you vote for us isn't just so that we have a majority, it's so that we use our majority to help you, Right, Because if we stuck with that politics of cowardice, we never would have passed the Affordable Care Act in the first place. We never would have passed so many of the most monumental pieces of legislation than now we're helping one hundreds of millions Americans around the country. Of course, there are challenges with democratic leadership, but what I would say is, especially in the case of somebody like a king Jeffreys, let's get him the majority so we can see what he can actually do with that majority.
Speaker 5: In the first place. Anything I can see, here's the thing, and I treat it like anything else.
Speaker 3: Right, Like you know how they say money doesn't change you, It just it just multiplies whatever you already are.
Speaker 5: More power is not going to change these people.
Speaker 3: If you're a coward with no power, you're going to be a coward with power. We've seen plenty of Democrats who have power who are still cowards. My team ain't going to do nothing different with Powell.
Speaker 13: Well, I think if we I think, if we have the right people elected that are out there, they're going to be able. Ultimately, sometimes it's not a matter of what you want to do when you have to get elected to those positions within the House. For example, if we get more people elected that are saying, no, this is not enough. We have to fight harder, that we're not just going to stick in our positions of power forever, and we're going to say to you, for example, that if we're going to vote for you, this is what we want to see. Because obviously he has to be elected to be the majority Speaker of the House by having some of them, some more of those young people that are on the front lines of these issues of addressing that I know in those internal deliberations that it's not so much a matter of what he wants to do, it's more a matter of if he wants to get elected. He is going to have to be able to fight harder, and I know that those young people will push him to do that, and if they feel like he's not going to, then they won't vote for it.
Speaker 5: Have you ever been directly wanted by anyone in the democratic quality to Staniela?
Speaker 13: There certainly are are real challenges so the work that we are doing, but I'm not gonna let that stop me. You know, I wouldn't say necessarily that it's like somebody is directly coming to me and saying if you don't stop this, this is going to happen to you, or something like that. But they that's not how a lot of these things work inside of DC. A lot of the time it's not necessarily necessarily an overt threat. It is essentially a tacit threat that we hear a lot of the time knowing that if X thing happens, then why.
Speaker 25: Could happen to you?
Speaker 5: Why not call it out?
Speaker 8: Though? Why not?
Speaker 13: Because ultimately it is what I care more about is when there are people that go against me, whether it was for example, in the vice chair race, I know the power for my own work and gun violence prevention of being a bigger person working towards victory, and ultimately, when you do that, a lot of those people start to come around. Because a lot of the time in DC, we have a lot of wind socks that go just whichever way the wind is blowing right, whichever side that they think is going to win. And I believe in the politics of being able to reconcile those differences and work together despite what people say. Because what's even more powerful, Charlottne is that when when somebody comes out and tries to go overtly against you, right, and they know that they did that to you, but they see that you start to win, and that's ultimately what they care most about. Then if you don't go out there and start calling them out publicly, one it's not nearly as divisive, and two, it shows that you're trying to be a real leader. And ultimately they oftentimes feel guilty about it and they want them try to make up for it by working to help you because they want to be on the side of winning, and ultimately that's what we're trying to do here. If that makes sense, How do.
Speaker 7: You respond to people that stay that your work is too political.
Speaker 3: But you don't really Yeah, you're doing this for selfish reasons and not because you actually care about you know, the whole party if they advance your political career.
Speaker 10: No, no, no.
Speaker 13: So what I'll say is when I when I was eighteen, I said that I wanted to run for Congress because I thought that would be the best a way to make change. But I realized when I was working with people like Maxwell and other young people around the country how hard it is to raise money and get the resources to get elected. Because of course courages that resource that we lack the most, but those courageous people they need cash in order to get elected. And I could be one person myself to go out there and maybe I get elected to Congress, But ultimately, what is more, what is going to be more beneficial for the future.
Speaker 5: Right One.
Speaker 13: I often do get physically threatened, not necessarily by Democrats, necessarily by any means, but by a lot of people who don't agree with the things that I say about strengthening gun laws. My family and I we got probably over a thousand death threats after the shooting, I would say, between online and directly in the mill. My house got swatted as well. And what I frankly have to think about is that I can't just be one person doing this right, And there's a whole movement of people out there that are doing this, a whole movement of young people that have gone through these school shootings. And what I want to help do is I don't want to just be one vote that's out there. I want to help bring in a generation that is truly representative of our generation and not just what somebody who's able to raise as much money as possible to get elected looks like. And That's what we're trying to do with this is look at all the Canada that we supported last cycle, where we helped elect the youngest person and the Georgia legislature ever it was a seventh grade algebra teacher. Look at the person who we elected, Dante Pittman in North Carolina, who helped to break the Republican supermajority out there. Look at people like Nadarius Clark in Virginia who broke the Republican majority in the House and help pass all this stuff. So the reason why I'm doing this is because I don't want to just walk through that door myself and close it behind me. I don't want to just keep the door open. I want to take the door off the damn hinges and enable it so that future young people don't need to have the door held open for them in the first place. What they need to do that, though, is they need the funding to get elected and make sure that they have their right value so that they're able to reform our campaign finance system. Because what I look at this as ultimately is an insurance policy for the gun safety movement. Where President Biden's generation, they didn't go through school shooter drills, but they went through a different type of drill. They went through nuclear bomb drills, and they went on to pass some of the largest arms or reduction treaties in human history to limit those nuclear weapons. And I think that's important because they felt the anxiety of what it was like to be told by your government just hide under your desk to survive a nuclear bomb and the epic failure of leadership that that is. And I believe for the difference from our generation is that the bomb is going off multiple times a year. Absolutely, So let's get them elected so that they can lead, like Congressman Frost boldly on this instead of me just being one vote, because it's about our generation and the story of are we going to continue having conversations like this in the future where school shootings remain in the headlines, and gun violence remains in the headlines, and so many issues that we should not have to deal with in the richest country in human history remain in the headlines, or we're going to leave them where they belong in the history books.
Speaker 4: We still have David Hogg in a building, co chair of the DNC.
Speaker 3: Charlomagne, give me some other names, because you know, you keep mentioning in Maxwell Frost, who do you think is the voice of the Democratic Party?
Speaker 1: Who do you think should be the voice of the Democratic Party? Are Is there multiple voices? Well, I think one there's going to be multiple voices, right. I think one of the great things about our party that also creates some challenges is, look, we are not a cult. We can have to tell in recent well sometimes I understand what you're saying, certainly given some of the responses that I've gotten to this, but ultimately we're not a party with somebody like Donald Trump at the top that says you have to believe every single thing right here or else. You were excommunicated and we're going to try to destroy your life necessarily.
Speaker 3: It's not really Well, I've looked at the way people would really get upset with you if you had anything negative to say about President Biden when he was the one.
Speaker 5: That we should have been speaking out about.
Speaker 13: The most right, And I completely agree with you. Actually, I think one of the challenges in that regard that we have to address in our politics is that we have created a culture where people are told repeatedly what they want to hear instead of what they need to hear.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 13: What I believe happened in that regard is, look, when you're in the White House, and I've seen this in different ways, either in the White House or in other places, you want to keep your job, and the best way to do that is ensure that you get this person reelected again. And I think what happens far too often in our politics is that people get too comfortable and they just tell people what they want to hear instead of what they need to hear, over and over and over and over again. And frankly, part of why I'm doing this is because what I met with Resident Biden in twenty twenty three for an hour in the Oval Office, and one of the things that that right happened to you, Well, it was a good meeting, and it was it was after he created the Office of Gun Violence Prevention at the White House that saw about the twenty five percent reduction in gun homicides around the country. Part of the challenges though, you're not gonna hear about the shooting that doesn't happen. But I was meeting with him in that regard.
Speaker 5: Did you see the decline in him then?
Speaker 13: So that was one of the challenges is I didn't see it personally. What I wish I had told him though, because he asked me how do I win back younger voters. What I wish I had told him, which, of course I would have been laughed out the room if I said this was that he shouldn't run for office again. I know, but that's what needed to be said.
Speaker 7: I was saying that everybody was so mad at me, and but that's part.
Speaker 13: Of the problem. Is we need to have a more open conversation about these things, because we also created an environment where people felt like they were ex community if they dared to say anything about it. And I to some extent, I understand people were afraid about potentially re electing Donald Trump, but ultimately look at where we ended up. Sure right, we need to build a culture inside of our party where we are telling people what they need to hear and not just what they want to hear. That's what I did when I ran for vice chair. When I ran for this position, I said, you know what I'm not gonna do. I'm not going to be a politician. I'm not going to contort myself into some pretzel of whatever you want to see. If some bolkmarrage of you know, when they asked me should Joe Biden have dropped out? I said, yes, he should have obviously. And then when they asked me why we lost the election, I said why did we lose the election? Voters told us two things. They said, prices are too high and Joe Biden is too old. And we said to them, with a power of two billion dollars behind us, no he's not, Yes he is. And then we said no they aren't. Look at the stock market. And if a majority of people don't have that exactly, and if you tell people not to believe their eyeballs or their wallets, you're going to lose them. And I think what we need to build in a party is a culture of addressing the realities that people are actually going through and what they're actually feeling, not just what a chart is telling us that they should be feeling, but actually listening to them.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm just going to throw some names at you, and because because these people to me represent what the next generation of Democrats could look like, I just want to know what's your thoughts of them?
Speaker 5: Are Governor Wes Moore and Maryland.
Speaker 13: I think Governor Wes Moore has done a pretty amazing job. He actually has a really cool program that I don't think has been talked about very much where he works. I think it's called like the mid Career Program, where they'd taken a class of several hundred young people and put them into different jobs around the state of Maryland, and it really helps get them started in their lives and their careers and like help turn things around. And there have even been people that have gone into this program that I've heard about that started out literally homeless that now have gone on to get jobs and do things like that. So that's great. I love Governor Wes Moore. I will say this much if I can't talk at all about any potential presidential nominees. I'm not saying that he is or is not running, but I can't give any opinion specifically on that people people to judge clearly was a very good Secretary of Transportation given the situation that we're in right now, and I think I think with Pete he represents a level of sanity that I think people are craving right now. They're tired of the chaos that I think Donald Trump represents a.
Speaker 5: Lot of the time Pete.
Speaker 13: I don't think people want to have a president that they have to hear about doing something ridiculous in the headlines every single day. That is frankly an embarrassment to our country and internationally as well. So I think Pete could be great. What I really like about him is that, and I'm just talking about like future leaders. I'm not talking about anything about presidential or anything like that.
Speaker 25: To be extremely.
Speaker 5: Democratics.
Speaker 13: What I really like about him is I think he does an excellent job of talking to people who don't agree with him.
Speaker 5: Yes, I agree, that is what we need more of.
Speaker 13: That's what I think Pete is really good at representing is helping to kind of bring people together and talk to the people that don't agree and explain without compromising his values what we believe as Democrats, And I think that's really powerful. Governor Jos Shapiro, you know, I think with Jos Shapiro, he has a huge amount of favorability for a reason in Pennsylvania ultimately, and you know, I think it's interesting as a swing state. They have a pretty close state legislature as well, and there's been some great work that they've done on gun violence as well.
Speaker 3: Javna Crockett Jasmine Crockett.
Speaker 4: I love her.
Speaker 6: She is amazing.
Speaker 13: I think that people want to see somebody who fights and calls up Ultimately. I think that's what Jasmine does. And we need a hell of a lot more people that are out there that are willing to do just that and call people out on the ps and not say, oh my god, Republicans are going to criticize me for saying this, screw that. They're going to criticize you no matter what. So what we should be asking ourselves is what are we really fighting for? Because we know it matters. And I think Jasmine is, frankly the type of leader that we're really looking to support in some senses, Right, somebody who is out there that frankly doesn't give a damn with the other side. At least the elected Republicans in Congress say that say what they believe in, and at least you know, even if you don't agree with her, you know what she stands, Yeah, because she makes it very clear.
Speaker 5: Governor Gretchen Wimer. Part of what was really.
Speaker 13: Great with Gretchen Whitmer and her focus was on infrastructure, right people. I think Democrats need to do a lot more of finding the issues that nobody likes and addressing them in a substantial matter. So part of her campaign was addressing potholes right, really basic, just saying fix the damn roads. We need more of that. AOC, I mean, AOC has been a huge inspiration to me. What I really like about her is more than anything, that you clearly know that she believes what she's saying absolutely and she knows how to communicate on social media because she grew up with it, she's young. And also she doesn't you know, she's not out there taking money from special interests. You know, regardless of whether or not you agree with AOC, at least you can say that she's not owned by anyone.
Speaker 8: My last name.
Speaker 3: These are people who I believe are the future and now in the future the Democratic Party.
Speaker 2: John Stuart, John Stuart, John Stuart.
Speaker 13: So what I love about John is I think he and Donald Trump actually have the same greatest strength. And this is going to sound controversial, is that they're funny. But I think with John Stewart, what I like about him is the same thing that I like about AOC. He's funny, he says what he believes in, and he gets done. And I know that because I saw when they were working on the Packed Acts right that summer, they were Democrats were working on passing the largest expansion of veterans healthcare. One of those people that I met, you know, had worked for the federal government. And now he is facing a very real chance that his retirement is going to be cut by several hundred thousand dollars because of this bill that Republicans are pushing through right now. And I will never forget when John Stewart showed up to support those veterans and help get that bill passed, and it did get passed. Is one of the largest expansions ever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's my hope. And I know you can't say this. I want him to be president of the United States of America.
Speaker 8: I really do.
Speaker 3: I think that he is such a fantastic messenger and he actually knows politics and he cares about people, and for the way to the country is now and where the country is going as far as messaging, you need somebody like him front and center.
Speaker 5: It's my thought.
Speaker 2: David Hog, thank you, brother. I like the work that you're doing. Man, keep fighting a good fight.
Speaker 5: Thank you. That's right. They can support you in anyway? What should they do?
Speaker 13: People can just check out our website at leaders we Deserve dot com and you can also see on there too as we create more endorsements. Who's out there as well?
Speaker 5: Absolutely, David Hog is the breakfast Club.
Speaker 7: Morning, Everybody is the j n V.
Speaker 4: Jess Hilarious, charlamagnemc Goud. We are the breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Good morning, good morning.
Speaker 3: Salute to David Hogg for pulling up. Yeah, just check out what he's doing. I really like what he's doing. And I want to salute Don Staley dropping the clues bond for Don Staley.
Speaker 5: Her book Uncommon Favor is.
Speaker 3: Out right now, Basketball North Philly, My Mother and the life Lessons I learned from all three.
Speaker 5: Don Staley has been all over the place this week.
Speaker 3: You probably saw her on The Daily Show last night, and Colbert and The View this week and Good Morning America. And I want to thank everybody who came to bor to Noble Fifth Avenue yesterday the Don S. Daley's book signing for Uncommon Favor, and tonight she will be home in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania at the Enon Tabernacle at seven pm. And I'm telling you right now If you bought tickets to the Eon Tabernacle, it starts at seven, you probably need to get there around four. Okay, Okay, yesterday Donalds book sign and started that one. People started lining up at eleven for Philly. You probably need to get there around four. I'm just telling you, okay, I'm.
Speaker 5: Just telling you.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, let's get to Jess with the Mess.
Speaker 5: Just hilarious, superstar.
Speaker 2: That's funny.
Speaker 5: Now you're just with the Ress.
Speaker 7: Your news you're reading so funny.
Speaker 4: I gotta say that she's one of my favorite people on Instagrams.
Speaker 7: Hilarious, whether hilarious, Jeff.
Speaker 8: On the Breakfast Club?
Speaker 6: Damn, Jess, what's the news today?
Speaker 8: All right?
Speaker 5: Now pull that finger out.
Speaker 2: Definitely reading this?
Speaker 7: Yeah yeah, yeah. So y'all know, Kid Cuttie testified in court yesterday during a ditty trial and he's just a quick recap went down on the stand. So a little bit of backstory. Kacuttie was dating Cassie in December twenty eleven, and he had claimed he claimed that he ain't even know that they was still involved when he was dating her, but then one day he got a phone call from Cassie, like yo, he found out about us, and he said, what who was he?
Speaker 25: So he turned out to.
Speaker 7: Be Diddy, So I know, right, the Diddler. So that apparently all held brooklues. Right Kiddy alleged that Kadcutty he got Kad Cutty's address from Cassie What and ABC News broken down. But before we get to the breakdown and everything, keep in mind, kid Cutty's name is Scott Meskady. That's what y'all gonna hear in this report.
Speaker 16: Kid Cutty had dated Cassie Ventura, and she testified that it made Sean Combs jealous and angry.
Speaker 9: Meskady testifying about an alleged break in at his house in twenty eleven, which he says was Comb's showing up when he wasn't home. Meskadi testified that he had a tense phone call with Combs where Combs insinuates he was at Muscudi's home. I said, explicative, you in my house and he was like, what's up? I was like, expletive, are you in my house? And he said, I just want to talk to you. I was like, I'm on my way over right now.
Speaker 25: He was like I'm here.
Speaker 2: When he arrived, but.
Speaker 16: He said Christmas presents he had bought for members of his family were on wrapped, torn open, and his dog was locked in the bathroom.
Speaker 2: What Yeah.
Speaker 7: The interesting thing is they saying, you know, didn't broke into the house, but it was no signs of forced entry. So it was like, yo, you just be having your door open or whatever. I don't know, but it was no signs of going.
Speaker 5: In somebody's house.
Speaker 3: And unwrapping Christmas present in the bathroom is a different level of diabolty.
Speaker 2: Yes, it is.
Speaker 7: He like a big ass kid, like I got to rewrap all this. He didn't take anything.
Speaker 5: He was like it was trash, trash ass presence.
Speaker 2: He said it was snail bags when I watched yesterday, trash ass presence.
Speaker 8: I had all this.
Speaker 4: But you know what Cutty said. He was really mad because he said, did he did something to his dog? He said, what did did he do to the dog? He just locked him in the bathroom or just locked him in that?
Speaker 23: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they also.
Speaker 3: I know where going but goddamn that I wasn't going down. That's a different crime. Must get threw him under the jail. Listen, they had threw Diddy under the jail. They find out Diddy was out here diddling dogs.
Speaker 5: I'm telling you right now to get all the women. I promise you White America ain't gonna let you diddle no dog.
Speaker 7: A dog was crazy.
Speaker 2: I wasn't talking about diddling dogs.
Speaker 5: Go ahead.
Speaker 7: So they also covered the alleged car explosion.
Speaker 9: ABC News recapped that too, Meskadi describing an alleged twenty twelve incident where his Porsche nine eleven convertible had been set on fire. It looks like the top of my Porsche was cut open, and that's where they inserted the Molotov cocktail. Mescady testified Arson is part of the racketeering conspiracy count Comb's faces. Cassie Ventura previously testified that Combs threatened to have Kid Cutty's car blown up.
Speaker 16: Kid Cutty's car fire has been talked about for years, but it's significant now because federal prosecutors are trying to convince the jury that Sean Combs used Arson as part of a criminal enterprise. That's one of the predicate acts of the racketeering conspiracy charge.
Speaker 5: Combs denies it. Now, how did they know that it was? Diddy was a Molotov cocktail and it's a rock bottle.
Speaker 7: Funny, they didn't. They didn't get there. But look, I just want to say, not that I'm justifying, you know that it's not a car explosion, but when you hear a car explosion, you think the car boom, Michael Angelo Bassett dead on the way now. But a Molotov cocktail is not really like it's not like a bomb, like a bomb bomb like it's.
Speaker 5: Even though you could call that arson.
Speaker 2: Well, if the fire gets to certain parts of the car, it would have exploded.
Speaker 7: But the car, Yeah, the car did not explode though definitely still Yeah, but you know the rumors that we've been hearing over the years, I'm like, oh, are you know he really blew up this guy car. I'm thinking about the whole Yeah, the whole time. All right. So then, oh, and I just do you want to clarify I said that did he said that he got the address from Cassie. No kid cutt. He testified and said that Cassie gave Diddy the his address. All right, cool, So after that happened, right, they met up to have a man and man conversation at SOHO and this was the conversation.
Speaker 9: Shortly after that alleged incident. Mescadi says he and Combs met at the Soho House in Los Angeles.
Speaker 16: He said he remembered walking into a room with all sorts of glass windows and Sean Combs staring out the window, his hands behind his back, looking like what Kid Cutty called a Marvel's super villain, but he said Combs's demeanor was very calm.
Speaker 9: Mescady said he told Colmbs that Cassie told him she and Combs were broken up. When the meeting ended, he says, we stood up, shook hands, and as I was shaking his hand, I said, what are we going to do about my car? He looked right back, look at me very cold stare and said, I don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 16: And remember Cashi Ventura had sent her mom an email just before Christmas in twenty eleven saying that Colmes had threatened to harm both her and Scott the Scudding.
Speaker 3: Well, I'll tell you what, man, I can't believe that y'all are calling Kid Cutty a snitch like Kid Cuddy is not a street dude. He's a law abiding, tax pay, tax paying citizen. I've seen him in a wedding dress before he wearss he wears mass Gara like Man on the Moon will absolutely turn the man on the stand, And there's nothing wrong with that.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The funniest thing about it is, I don't know if you've seen the part where he was like when I heard that, I said, did he let's meet up and fight?
Speaker 2: And then he said he thought about it. It was like, Noah, I don't want to fight. I'm calling now.
Speaker 4: And then he called what he said, somebody just blew up my car. You're right, he's a civilian, Yeah, civilian.
Speaker 7: So then all that kid cut He claims that he realized that he got played by the both of them. Laura was in Caught yesterday and she said, kay Cutt, he had a calm demeanor the whole entire time. And then yesterday after court k Cutty she had a verse about the whole experience of him testifying.
Speaker 28: I just want to say, man, I'm just seeing all the love and support and I just want to say thank you so much.
Speaker 21: Man.
Speaker 28: People have been hitting me up the past week, just checking in and and even today and just it really means.
Speaker 2: A lot to me.
Speaker 28: Man.
Speaker 8: You guys are the best. I love y'all. This is a stressful situation.
Speaker 5: I'm glad it's behind me.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I love y'all.
Speaker 28: Man.
Speaker 3: The only thing kit Cutty did wrong was not tell when it first happened. I'm shocked that he didn't tell when the first but he did.
Speaker 2: He did call the police. Remember, he did call the police.
Speaker 4: He just doesn't know what.
Speaker 2: They still don't know if it was Diddy, But.
Speaker 7: You know, the Milotime cocktail have been there, so you know what was up. No, I'm just saying Meek Mill again. Breakfast Club. Then got to this man, we are always up here.
Speaker 8: Doing some same week.
Speaker 7: Well, you was off yesterday, so me Charllemagne.
Speaker 2: Lauren, he says, Charlamagne here.
Speaker 10: You know me?
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 7: Look play this audio. Man, this is this is us. This is why.
Speaker 2: Nobody was talking about me in this situation.
Speaker 5: Did anybody talk about meeting caught?
Speaker 2: No, nobody talking about you, Meek.
Speaker 29: Why to Meek's defense in the beginning, when I'm lawsuits dropped and they was mentioning the rapper and all that people was like was me.
Speaker 7: That was like years ago.
Speaker 2: I feel like nobody cares. Nobody thinking about you met.
Speaker 7: Wait a minute, he was like, and we did not dress alike. Yo, we wasn't twinning.
Speaker 3: You know what it is when you are at home on your phone and your your timeline is constantly filled with pictures of you and then dressed it like, and people saying things about you and d you think the whole world is talking about it. That's your small bubble meek. That sound like I'm giving someund advice.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah it was. But he he didn't like that, right because he commented to us, y'all mad, because I speak up for myself, y'all forgetting y'all. Two women are new reporters. I've been saving communities and helping families ten plus years. We don't find the word of talkers. Just shouldn't have your head as damn I ain't ain't say nothing.
Speaker 5: You know what's funny is you ain't saying my head ain't nappy.
Speaker 7: Said that he got me on that me and me got the same bush. You know what I'm saying, Yes, the same Frederick Douglass that he had rapping outside the other night. But I do understand, like you said, when you you constantly see me meet this and meet that, and yo, he he this and that, and he got a fourteen year old son. He said he will never let fake rumors about his name or manhood linger and be silent. But his son had to see all of this ish play out and deal with it in school. So you know, we're just gonna send prayers to you and your son and offline bro.
Speaker 3: Yeah me captain right to speak out if he wants to. I just be wondering why.
Speaker 5: But you know what I was thinking.
Speaker 3: I was thinking about this last night in regards to the whole Diddy Cassie thing, listening to the Kid Cuddy testimony. When you're Diddy, why would you crash out over a person you just smutting out? M you got other men smashing the you're letting her get passed around. But on the flip side, you mad, she's sleeping with other men.
Speaker 2: But that was the allegedly he could. He could only have her, so so he mad that she didn't let him watch her. And Cuddy Yeah, like I think, I guess it wasn't the punisher.
Speaker 7: He would have to be supervised, Like he would have to be the one supervising these sexual freak offs. If she's doing it, like she can't go out and have somebody by herself. Did he got to be supervised I.
Speaker 3: Just don't understand why you would be crashing out over somebody. You You just you're literally just treating like a whole yep, like that's not your wife, that's not the mother and your kids. You're not treating that woman with no dignity, no respect. But get you out here allegedly crashing out, committing real crimes, allegedly because of her.
Speaker 5: I don't understand that.
Speaker 4: I also think it was who it was is the fact that these other gentlemen were in the industry. Remember, he allegedly got mad and that she was He thought she was dating Chris Brown and you'll kid Cuddy and then they said something about Michael B. Jordan's So he was mad at the industry, you know.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, when we come back as the people's donkey man one hundred and five eight five, one oh five to one, if you want to give somebody the biggest he haw.
Speaker 2: Call us right now. It's the world's most just wanting to show the breakfast club.
Speaker 8: It's your time to nominate a donkey of your own. But LEMONI that's that's how they choose. Call in now. Eight hundred five eighty five one oh five one.
Speaker 3: Yes, Donkey Today for Friday, May twenty third is all about you the people. Okay, it's the People's he Hall on Fridays. I like to open the phone lines and allow you the people to give folks the credit they deserve for being stupid.
Speaker 8: So good morning.
Speaker 17: I want to Charlotte Man and Zion from the Bronx.
Speaker 3: Zayisha Zaisa. You know the craziest people in America come from the Bronx and all the Florida said, who you want to get the biggest?
Speaker 5: He hat Tuzi.
Speaker 17: It's two of them, Past and Remmy, both of them. I'm mad at them. Why are they doing this put in their business online like this, going back and forth with each other. Remy is kind of blowing her own spot up. I'm from the Bronx, I'm always teen woman. But then you already said before he even said he was writing har Lims that he's just gonna say that. So he already said, you up the spot that you going back and forth about for Wissa, because you are live now. They just doing the most.
Speaker 2: It's just a show.
Speaker 17: It seeming like they're trying to compete with parties and women's name all. Yeah, it just seemed like a competition. It's just too much.
Speaker 7: It seemed like a show.
Speaker 17: I wish that path was.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 17: He say what you have to say now fall back, because then that will prove his point.
Speaker 3: Let me ask you a question. Should we blame the Bronx for this? Because you know the crazy people in America do come from the Bronx and all the what we do, blame the Bronx get blame?
Speaker 17: Does the bron get any blame? I want to say the Bronx. I would just say emotions as women, all women from all over.
Speaker 21: The gets stupid like that, we're called the call.
Speaker 17: He from the Bronx too.
Speaker 21: Oh my god, oh my god.
Speaker 17: Okay, we're going to go back to another point. Just hopy yo, hey, just what's up?
Speaker 5: Have a good day, good morning?
Speaker 7: Who this heis to Justice from the DMV.
Speaker 5: Justin from the d MV. We want to get the biggest he haws to Justin so.
Speaker 8: U ps my job?
Speaker 2: Oh okay, talk to me.
Speaker 21: Yeah, they fired a guy.
Speaker 19: For being racist and sexist, but they have a slog like a banister that is not in our house, and it stands that stuff and the banister.
Speaker 21: But then they hired them back. So I just think that's just the biggest talking in my opinion.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, but if UPS is a great job, or is there going to be any backlash to you for getting on the radio and calling his donkey today?
Speaker 7: The guy got his job back.
Speaker 21: It shouldn't be. Yeah, exactly, what's up?
Speaker 28: Jeff?
Speaker 7: Who's that baby?
Speaker 21: You remember me?
Speaker 20: But I actually grew up with your first cousin to blest.
Speaker 7: Oh damn, that's what's up.
Speaker 21: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she must not like her first cousin.
Speaker 7: She's not even uh yeah, they're going through something.
Speaker 21: I don't want to putty business out there, but.
Speaker 7: But it's all right. God bless you. That's what's up.
Speaker 2: God bless you when you done with something like this, God bless you.
Speaker 3: Hey lot, all the UPS workers out there, y'all ladies, really missing y'all, blessing man. Them brothers got got got strong benefits and they get decent earnings. Okay, so y'all missing y'all, blessing not dealing with UPS workers.
Speaker 5: Good morning.
Speaker 19: Who's this?
Speaker 17: This rock Man from Who's the dead Beat?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 2: Rock from Who's the dead Beat That's the podcast?
Speaker 30: Sir, Yes, sir, that's podcast. Follow us on Instagram. Man stout out to my wife's single man. But uh, I wanted to give a dunky of other day to all the fathers that man be playing now going to court, then the wife letting they dictate what's going on.
Speaker 3: Man, Yes, court, court, man, But but you're only gonna go to court if you actually care about your child.
Speaker 5: Are some people go to court because they don't want to go to jail. But I would.
Speaker 3: I would hope that if you actually care about your child and you want to be in your child's life and get custody and have the proper visitation and make sure your child's report is what it needs to be, you would take your after court exactly.
Speaker 30: But a lot of times these women be playing games and they be and these men be allowing these women to dictate what's going on because they're scared of the court room.
Speaker 5: But go to court, man, absolutely, my brother, thank you for calling. Good morning.
Speaker 8: Who's this this? God say?
Speaker 19: I'm calling out in North New Jersey.
Speaker 5: Knew what's happening in Brick City. We want to get the biggest, he haught to on on don Sevin to.
Speaker 31: Me, I want to get the biggest. He halted these dramas out here I'm a trucker.
Speaker 19: God, let you know.
Speaker 7: I need you guys job safe.
Speaker 19: Don't cut his solt.
Speaker 8: You know which.
Speaker 2: Who you're talking to.
Speaker 31: I'm I'm talking to everybody else there who'll be dropping wild around.
Speaker 2: These man y'all truckers be driving them trucks. Yes, y'all the problem?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, problem.
Speaker 2: Y'all be driving like yeah, but.
Speaker 31: Y'all, I'm a careful dropper.
Speaker 3: Well, I'll be seeing these Mac trucks be cutting lanes like regular Honda or something.
Speaker 31: Yeah, it's something out there that be all And I ain't gonna front. But for the most part, you know, I just want anybody to be safe. You know, I need you guys to all going to Chicken Fish down seven three at Instagram. That's our little restaurant and we got going north. So that's my sign, husky.
Speaker 8: What's what I do?
Speaker 5: What's the chicken fish?
Speaker 31: Chicken fish is all we sell chicken and fish. Uh yet we have our own recipe. We marinate everything.
Speaker 15: You know.
Speaker 21: It's good, it's good.
Speaker 31: We got a little we got a little bump going.
Speaker 2: On in north Man.
Speaker 7: What is chicken fish?
Speaker 5: Good morning?
Speaker 8: Who's this?
Speaker 19: I'm sorry I'm driving right now.
Speaker 3: Last person I want to hear from on a Friday. Who you want to get a bigger.
Speaker 20: Goring? Just good morning?
Speaker 21: You know what, Shan Man.
Speaker 19: I won't call the shoeing no more, bro, because I know that you're doing li.
Speaker 20: Liken man, you know what I mean. So I want to give down tell to the one time by the Breakfuss Club. Okay, every time I call, they're always hanging up on me.
Speaker 8: Jess.
Speaker 19: They asked who is this?
Speaker 20: As soon as I said, Sean.
Speaker 21: Stearing the head off the phone.
Speaker 20: You know what I mean, I try to put more.
Speaker 21: I'm not lying bro.
Speaker 8: The phone right now.
Speaker 21: Because I picked up the phone.
Speaker 20: Just yo, just look at every time my car is sure, Jeff, they're hanging up on me behind the scene.
Speaker 17: Nothing in my knee and Sean, you know what I mean.
Speaker 20: Lintil you got called, I come of got your list on the baby.
Speaker 19: He told me hold on.
Speaker 4: Then, just I was you're having the number two person that call up there to most so I don't know what you're talking radio.
Speaker 2: But they're just right behind somebody else.
Speaker 20: Yo.
Speaker 8: I respect the radio.
Speaker 20: I always respect you guys, you know what I mean.
Speaker 21: But I don't get to see that respect.
Speaker 20: If anything, I try to put more than anything telling.
Speaker 21: Me always quick to cut me down. You know what I mean, Like he wants to let you want.
Speaker 20: Me to sing sanitation put us for the rest of my life, Yes.
Speaker 21: To put on something.
Speaker 5: I love the sanitation world. Okay, we need you.
Speaker 20: You don't.
Speaker 21: You don't like Shojo, I do love everybody else.
Speaker 3: I love sanitation works. We need y'all out here.
Speaker 25: Well, I love you.
Speaker 7: Thank you for calling.
Speaker 2: Your kids too. Man, listen.
Speaker 3: That's why with y'all every Friday we do the People's Donkey Man. You can call up and tell us who you want to give the biggest y'all to. You can go to the iHeartRadio app. If you're listening to the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 29: Yeah, you can go to the iHeart Radio app, hit the talk back button and talk to us even when we're off air.
Speaker 3: There you go, so do that and you can hear yourself on Donkey of Today on Fridays. Now when we come back, Leniebni will be here.
Speaker 5: Lene Venie.
Speaker 3: She's started on Instagram with a series called Parking Lot Pimping, where she gives just a lot of commentary on social issues and political issues that are happening in our society.
Speaker 5: That has led to her having.
Speaker 3: Her own showing remote called the People's Brief, and she'll be here to talk about it when we come back.
Speaker 5: It's the Breakfast Club, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: Warning everybody, it's the j Envy Just Hilarius, Charlamagne to God, we are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: We got a special guest in the building, Lonee for me.
Speaker 5: What's happening in Lenae?
Speaker 2: How are you?
Speaker 25: I'm good?
Speaker 2: You know, I'm sure that y'all see Lenee all the time.
Speaker 3: Her parking lot pimping episodes have come across your feed in some way, shape or form. But now you got to show called the People's Brief. Yeah, on Revote Tuesday, the nine pm. What's the difference between the People's Brief and Parking Lot Pimping?
Speaker 24: Oh?
Speaker 29: One thing, we got more time, it's forty five minutes. It's also not so you know every week news headline. It's more so evergreen things that are happening in the news, but things that we can talk about over the course of time.
Speaker 25: Beuse they affect us every day, and just giving people more tools.
Speaker 29: I feel like on social media, I've always tried to be more information heavy and just provide a positive outlook. But now that we got more time, we want to try to provide resources too and answers to questions.
Speaker 25: And I just complain, how different is.
Speaker 7: It from parking lot pimping.
Speaker 29: I won't say it's too different. I still get to say what I want to say. We what TV fourteen, so let's cuss in. But the team over there want to do what I want to do, and that's like give everybody the truth and be helpful. We kind of take the same oath doctors do, do no harm and as much as we can. Yeah, the tone is the same, but it's really cool because it's not it's newsy, but it's not. I never taken a traditional approach to things. So it's like a mix of sixty Minutes and John Tonight with John Oliver, the Daily Show, a little bit of Amber.
Speaker 25: Ruffin but with me.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's well rounded.
Speaker 25: It's very well rounded. We have a lot of fun.
Speaker 29: The first couple of episode, the first episode this week Tuesday, and I had Angela Rye on as my first guest.
Speaker 7: That was amazing.
Speaker 5: Angel.
Speaker 29: Yeah, we get to get out in the field, do something on the street. But a lot of good people come through and we have a lot of fun.
Speaker 5: Do you write from a place of anger or hope or exhaustion?
Speaker 25: All three of them? And it's funny you say that. Did y'all see inside out?
Speaker 23: Oh?
Speaker 4: Hell yeah?
Speaker 29: Okay, if you've seen them, then you get the concept. I have my friends say like, who's at our leaderboard? And everybody said my top three are anger, discussed, and joy. Because of the way that I see things, I just I'm real big on character above anything, and the way you like contribute to society above anything. So more often than not, I'm disgusted, and more often than not that makes me exhausted. And you know, a lot of things make me anger. But I also think anger is a baalid emotion and it doesn't always have to present in a way that is heavy.
Speaker 25: It's just what it is. Like, I'm a black woman in America.
Speaker 29: A lot of things make me upset, and I should be able to say that without being made to feel like I have to cover up my emotions in any particular way. But I think the method of storytelling me uses combines all those things in a beautiful way that also shows that we're more than our anger and more than our joy. More than our exhaustion, more than our disgust, and we can be all things at one time and still be full functioning members of society.
Speaker 7: How did you end up a revolt? How did that?
Speaker 11: You know?
Speaker 25: Good people speaking my name in good rooms.
Speaker 29: I've been very blessed to have a good team no matter what I'm working on, and they've been fighting for me in different rooms. I've been pitching different versions of shows, whether it's scripted unscripted, for the past five years, and nothing's just been the right fit. But as I said, I be in tune with the Lord, and he told me at the end of the last year to stop trying to force things and to just put stuff down and let him work. And so as I said, okay, wasn't even expecting it. Two weeks later got a call and said Revolte wants to.
Speaker 25: Give you a show.
Speaker 29: I was like what, Wow, okay, and my hands were open, so I was ready to receive it. So that's how we ended up together.
Speaker 5: Well, I wonder for somebody like you, Lene, what do you do when you feel like your words on enough?
Speaker 25: I don't feel like my word's on enough.
Speaker 29: I feel like I do what I'm supposed to do, and I'm okay with that my contribution as long as I do my best, I'm okay with that whatever the result is, because whatever I was supposed to contribute is all I was supposed to contribute, because it's not just up to me, it's not just up to anybody. Like we all put in, we all have a piece to the puzzle to create the fuller picture. And sometimes it may feel like it didn't hit the way you was supposed to hit, But you got to give things time.
Speaker 25: Like the sows.
Speaker 29: The seeds you sow always have their time for harvest. And I've just learned to be content and patient with my contribution.
Speaker 3: So it's sometimes you feel like it's like a call to action, almost like you might activate the person who might go out there and actually get active due.
Speaker 25: Yeah, that's absolutely what I feel like. My lane is.
Speaker 29: I feel like I am My job is sent part information to bring as many people to the table as possible, to make them invested, to make them excited, and those are the people that go out and do something with it. Even when I left my master's program, my professors told me I was only going to be able to make money or make a life for myself if I continue to get my PhD, and that's not what I felt called to do. I immediately wanted to go and share with very young people all the things that I learned in my program that I had to pay twenty five thousand dollars and take out loans to get with all these real stuffy people that may not have the best methods as far as connecting with the general public. But I was like, if I can impart this in high school students, they can apply to college, they can go on career paths that with the knowledge, with a fuller knowledge of their capacity and ability and vocabulary and nuance to be change agents. So that's all I've ever wanted to do, and that's what I'm doing, and I'm grateful for that.
Speaker 7: And as a spellman grade, congratulations, I love that. What part of that HBC you experience has shaped your voice?
Speaker 29: Well, at Spelman, we got a SAand it's my choice, and I choose to change the world. And it's funny, I've said this, I've told this story so many times, but when I was first applying, I had teachers at my high school telling me they didn't think I should go. They didn't think that I would get in because it was too expensive, that it wasn't.
Speaker 25: The real world.
Speaker 29: But we shouldn't be encouraging our kids in masks to go to school to learn how to plug into the way things already exist. Like we need to be disruptives, we need to be change agents. And that's what my HBCU did for me. I was a psychology student, but every single class as you take, whether it's the biology of women, whether it's math, finite math, or whatever computer science, you take it through the lens of black feminism. And so we have advantage point that allows us to see everybody's pain and it just makes us. That's why we be the best advo guests for the job most of the time, most most suited for the job most of the time, because we see people. And so my HBC experience really allowed me to see what people need in order to feel seeing and I try to put that in my storytelling as well.
Speaker 3: How do you navigate being both a political educator but also a cultural influencer and an algorithm driven work.
Speaker 29: Well, politics was never my game, it was never my choice. You couldn't touch me with politics with a ten foot pole. It just became necessary. So, like I said, I've always been driven by what's necessary, and I started this work to really be steeped in pop culture and connect that through to history through an interdisciplinary lens. But as I began, I started twenty twenty, so politics was just like thrust upon us in a real way, and so I challenged myself to say, like, Okay, I know that we need to understand this, so how can I incorporate this into what I do? And it just became even more and more and more necessary. So I just think because I speak to people like we cousins, like we family, because I don't try to hit people over the head with it, and because I, like I let myself feel all the things like a regular person feels, the algorithm can't beat.
Speaker 25: The content that I'm putting out.
Speaker 29: Yeah, Like I draw people regardless, and people sharing it in their family group chats, Grandmas and aunties and kids in seventh grade and high school students all like talking about what was on the parking lot this week. And I'm really grateful for that because it's not about me and my parking lot. It's really about the information being shared. So I'm grateful for the anointing that's been put on me. That's allowed no matter what's changed in the social media landscape, people to come to the parking lot every Friday.
Speaker 4: We're still kicking it with line Vani. She has a show on Revolts.
Speaker 3: Charlemagne was one political issue you think just we've become too performative about and not solution or into enough about.
Speaker 29: I think it's sustaining period, sustainability period in terms of how we organize, in terms of how we fight back against political oppression, because we often wait the four year cycle to begin to complain about what we don't like about candidates and then are upset when we're not able to show up in full force and vote together, and that make a difference. I don't think that we give ourselves the opportunity for our work to actually for our work to return to us in a good way, because unfortunately, a lot of times we are motivated by rage and sadness and we want to get active when things hit close to home. But something that's always hitting close to home for everybody, and if we don't learn to act as a community and have this sort of sustain Garrison Hayes said in a segment in My episode this past Tuesday, he said, these people don't let up. They've been strategizing, they don't stop strategizing, So why should we, And especially if we're already playing catch up, Like it's never a day when we should just be like, oh, the struggle will be here tomorrow. But that means you should also be strategizing for tomorrow. It's and it's not to say that your life has to be completely shaped by that, because I say often like I don't my friends think I'm single now, and they're like, so what you want like a Mark lamont Hill.
Speaker 25: No, Like, no shade to Mark.
Speaker 29: He's great, But I don't need that to encompass my entire life, Like I'm still a human being.
Speaker 25: So I'm not saying that you.
Speaker 29: Gotta live, breathe, die, fight the power, but you do have to have some things ingrained in the way that you move about your day period.
Speaker 25: To understand that the work never stops. So you gotta find that balance.
Speaker 7: And for you, I want somebody who knows that women can have babies. Oh, okay, only women can have babies.
Speaker 29: I just want to let you know that interesting there are other people who can have babies. Okay, yeah, I mean if they have a uterus, they can have babies, but they just must identify as women. Ohky to two different things, Like you can be biologically female, but you can't be biologically woman.
Speaker 25: This woman is a gender construct, no social construct. If you got a uteriasy, you can have a baby.
Speaker 7: Yes, that's the point. If you have a uterusy, you can have a baby.
Speaker 25: Okay, cool, Yeah we agree on that.
Speaker 3: And has the Democratic Party tried to co op your platform or methodge because I was reading this article in the New York Times yesterday and it was the headline is Democrats throw money at a problem, but it basically is out there paying influences.
Speaker 5: And they're trying to figure out how to utilize the internet.
Speaker 2: And you deliver message in the game.
Speaker 29: I think people got to understand is Republicans have been using people with a microphone for years to just disseminate misinformation.
Speaker 25: So it's not even like.
Speaker 29: That's not a tool that shouldn't be used because we do have to have some opposition. They haven't tried to buy me. No, I only talk to people I want to talk to. There's no amount of money, there's no check that just would make me want to like jump on the bandwagon, especially because I have critiques. I gotta be able to say whatever I want to say. And the Democratic Party definitely got some things that need to be worked on. I had the honor of working with some good people the CBC, And that's the other thing. Like we live in America, there's no institution that's got it right or has always had it right from jumps. So I don't sit here and act like I absolutely have to agree with something a body has done since its conception. But if I'm working with people who I understand are genuine and their efforts, like, I'm down with that because, like I said, I'm trying to be solution oriented and do no harm and as much as I can.
Speaker 5: And you mentioned Garrison earlier. I like Gason a lot too.
Speaker 3: Have you all ever thought about being in politics.
Speaker 17: Of the world.
Speaker 29: I'm not sure where Garrison has planned. I have mess some influencers who are interested in that work. I just don't think it's personally my calling. Like I said, I think my role is to inspire and my role is to work alongside. When we look at people who have been a part of our story as far as Black history goes, we got people in every industry, and I think we forget that it's.
Speaker 25: Not just about politics. It's also about who is singing songs.
Speaker 29: It's also about who's acting on TV sceriens because even like the breakfast Club, who's listening to you guys speak every day like we all have a role in getting people engaged in a process, and we have to be in the marketplace, in mass and in different ways to be able to exercise enough influence to get people focused back in on the problem. So I'm just one of those people. And I consider myself more of an artist than anything, a storyteller. As I said, I'm getting back into my poetry and spucking word. But that's what I feel called and.
Speaker 7: Sat to do.
Speaker 2: When you asked Thelman, what was your major psychology?
Speaker 5: You want to be a therapist psycho?
Speaker 2: Absolutely not.
Speaker 25: I wanted to understand people.
Speaker 3: Ooh yeah, so you're major in psychologist just to be able to understand people?
Speaker 5: Absolutely dope. What did you want to understand about people?
Speaker 8: Exactly?
Speaker 25: Behavior? What drives behavior? Also what affects behavior?
Speaker 29: And you find out, you know, one of the biggest arguments is nature versus nurture. You just find out all the things that contextualize those two things, whether it's your upbringing, whether it's like in the things you might Inherit also like what socioeconomic stressors that have affected your family long term that can result and yield in specific behaviors or even psychotic breaks or what have. You have to get too deep into that kind of stuff. But at the end of the day, and I also was a person I grew up in the Deep South Baptist, I didn't really understand that much about therapy, and I remember in one of my first classes, I was like, yeah, that's cool and all I want to learn about bipoliticist order, but like black people don't really get that right, and it was like.
Speaker 25: No, girl, we all are exposed to these sort of things.
Speaker 29: But anyway, I think at the end of the day, it just really helped me understand emotions and like I said, the validity of them and giving them space to exist and what can trigger you on what can't, and then also how outside stressors like race, like gender, like sexuality or whatever also contribute to a person's well being. And I think saying it right now, I think what I just want most is for Black people to be well no matter what you look like, no matter who you with, no matter how you move throught your life. I want us to be well and I want us to be invested in the wellness of one another, because the object goals of opressions to make us sick, to make us distracted, And if we are focused on one another's wellness and wholeness.
Speaker 25: Then we can be stronger than everything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what's the moment when you realized your influence was having real world consequences?
Speaker 25: For better all words, real world consequences.
Speaker 29: Honestly, because I started during the pandemic, we was all inside, so I didn't get to really get to see people. But when we started to trickle back outside, and unfortunately Atlanta was among the first to get back outside. When people started meeting me and just like crying, like talking about like how either I changed their perspective on something, or I helped heal a relationship in their family, or even really what it was. I think I was invited to speak somewhere at the school, and an older woman about sixty years old. She took me to the side and she thanked me for saying things she never got to say when she was my age, And that was really beautiful.
Speaker 25: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, Lenae with Mee hosted the People's Brief every Tuesday at nine pm on Revolt and I guess we get parking a lot of people when we can.
Speaker 25: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 29: Where they follow you at, Oh, you can follow me everywhere at you can tap into the show of Revolt TV.
Speaker 25: You can also watch us at.
Speaker 29: Eleven am the next day on streaming and then snippets up it on YouTube.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, it's the Breakfast Club, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Morning everybody.
Speaker 4: It's d J n V, Jess, Hilarry, Charlamagne to God, we are the Breakfast Club. It's time for past the auks.
Speaker 8: Yeah, DJ now with them on Big Mother f N nine Loo.
Speaker 32: I love that jacket in the morning, Like you said this, every time I wear this jacket planes right, I don't got that white.
Speaker 33: Yeah, you need to tell them to send them to you.
Speaker 32: But anyway, we have a lot to get into because it's a lot going on in the rap world right now. People online are calling it Joey versus the West Coast, Joey versus twenty Joey has been rapping and I've been here for it. I've really been enjoying this battle. So let's kick it off. I'm gonna just do the most recent records.
Speaker 5: From the battle telling people who the battle is.
Speaker 3: For those who don't know the battle, I mean, it's really Joey Badass versus Raybon.
Speaker 33: Is that what you narrowing it down?
Speaker 5: Toted?
Speaker 33: Yes, well it was really. It started in December with Joey kind.
Speaker 32: Of coming at Kendrick like this whole time, Joey is really trying to get at Kendrick.
Speaker 33: Kendrick is not responding. You know, Kendrick's on tourist is mine of his business.
Speaker 32: So Rayon, Yes, Rayvon has responded, but reason has also responded.
Speaker 2: As well, and didn't have a reason.
Speaker 33: Everybody's reason is they got to wrap the West.
Speaker 32: Okay, you know people, it's it's getting like not territorial, regional. Yes, so regional rap is back, and let's start with Joey Badass crashed them.
Speaker 3: You know what this is good because all this reminded me was Damn, I used to really like Joey Badass, And it's not like like I dislike him now. He just you know, I just haven't heard a project in a while. I think the last thing he put out.
Speaker 33: Was a two thousand and you like that project.
Speaker 9: I like.
Speaker 2: I like all American badass, like nineteen ninety nine. I like Joey bad ass as an artist, but bad as busy.
Speaker 5: He got into his acting bag, but just just reminded.
Speaker 3: Me, like yo joy, he can't wrap joe like that. Last week too, when I saw the ass Soul freestyle with him and Big Sean.
Speaker 33: Full Cipher with Fire somebody else from the West.
Speaker 3: As long as it stays like this, that was funny though. When Joey said that there's some guy named ass Cheeks coming to him.
Speaker 9: That was.
Speaker 3: When you look at the name, you like a cheeks. If you don't say a cheeks, it doesn't look like it could be ass cheeks.
Speaker 32: But now, but now, Rayvon's trying to insinuate that, like Joey Badass is gay because it's partying with Diddy.
Speaker 33: I mean, let's let's get into it.
Speaker 7: This is Rayvaughn's Golden Knife.
Speaker 3: Can't I can't call it golden knife? He said he's standing next to did he should have called it brown eye?
Speaker 7: That's cheeks?
Speaker 20: No?
Speaker 2: No, no, oh, my goodness, Raymond the Good to Bad and Something. That album is the good God.
Speaker 32: I just want to highlightkyd Cash because this was actually a really really fired freestyle that he wrote one two he's actually from New York because people are saying it's just Joey when it's not just Joey.
Speaker 33: There's other spinners.
Speaker 32: And I think Kyle did the best and he dropped Nixon the sixth to day that the next one, So let's get into it.
Speaker 4: I'm going off too.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that sounds like something you would have said that Laurence shell Man put more bubbs and weaves.
Speaker 33: Yees No, that's that's ky.
Speaker 32: And I see a lot of people online saying like nobody cares about this g league rap, and I just I really hate that narrative.
Speaker 33: I think it's unfair and it's not helping, Like this is healthy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's healthy if you like hip hop. It is healthy if you like rap.
Speaker 3: I just happened to be a person who has been bumping the good, the bad, and the Dolomnue. So I'm already on rabon and I'm a person that's always bump Joey Badass, So you know those two I'm in.
Speaker 5: I'm all in for.
Speaker 33: Why is it just those so you gotta reasons?
Speaker 5: I'm old, I gotta focus.
Speaker 2: What about reason I have?
Speaker 3: I didn't have a reason to listen to the reason I mean, and it wasn't even I just didn't And I like, I like all the lyrical exercise. And I'm not saying I'm not gonna listen. I'm just saying my first priority was Ravon and Joey bad as I've been looking to them when they drive.
Speaker 2: Okay, everybody else that's.
Speaker 32: Involved, No, this is Kai has getting a lot of new followers, people calling him like the.
Speaker 3: M v P.
Speaker 7: You put me on him, yest listening to him, So that's that's dope, lovely, and it's cool, it's peaceful.
Speaker 3: It seemed like they just doing it for sport. It's lyrical exercise. It ain't nothing crazy going on. I haven't heard anybody really disrespect nobody's family and nothing like that.
Speaker 5: Calling somebody gay, that's.
Speaker 33: Regular, that's regular, regular to you, and envy that's regular?
Speaker 17: What you mean by that?
Speaker 7: That ain't regular to him? He said, don't do that.
Speaker 3: And hip hop being called gay in a rap battle, being called a snitch, being called.
Speaker 2: A sucker, those are like, that's those are the basics.
Speaker 33: Oh okay, that's it, so basic.
Speaker 23: Got it.
Speaker 32: How do you feel about D One's take saying that, like he's saying that he doesn't like the beef and that it's or it's unfair that people only care about rapp when people are beefing.
Speaker 3: I think I don't believe that. I don't think people only care about rapping when people are beefing. And I think that if D One knew some of the inner workings of what's going on behind the scenes, he wouldn't take this so serious.
Speaker 33: Oh so, do you think this is just an album roll out?
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna say it's just an album roll out, but I think that there's a lot of conversations happening behind the scenes more than people know. I think people are having conversations about you know, we're just rapping now, like you know what I mean, And I think people are taking it.
Speaker 22: In that way.
Speaker 33: You think people are taking it that way?
Speaker 5: What do you mean the artists are?
Speaker 33: I think the artists are taking it that way, but not the audience.
Speaker 7: Well, they think it's like real problems.
Speaker 33: Yeah, that's why they invested because these guys have been rapping.
Speaker 5: We like this because it's rap.
Speaker 2: Joey rapped in a while Joey did just earlier this year twice.
Speaker 5: The albums, I mean the songs. Yeah, but I'm saying that's a while January then now, I.
Speaker 15: Mean it is.
Speaker 32: I guess Kai just dropped the project Cash Rules. All I'm saying is all these people who are Ray Vaughn just dropped the project.
Speaker 7: These people have been rapping all guys.
Speaker 4: Guys were eleven minutes sitting on this break.
Speaker 5: Well, it's good for all of these guys.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 32: Yes, Well, if you guys want to keep up with the rap beef, make sure you guys tune into my playlist. Follow me on Instagram at Nilis Simon. And if you guys are in the Tri State, I'm actually having a little tea party. I'm collaborating with Brooklyn Tea. I got like a little tea. I guess it's like a t strand it's a blueberry tea. So you can go there and you can get the berry certified.
Speaker 7: I'm going to be there.
Speaker 32: Dj and playing some R and B tomorrow morning ten am to about two pm, So pull up on me if you guys want to get some tea or just catch vibes.
Speaker 33: And I'm recording the set for YouTube. So if you guys want to be in my YouTube set, pull up.
Speaker 7: That's what's up.
Speaker 25: Nyla.
Speaker 4: All right now, thank you everybody else, let's get to the mix. You know we throw back on the Friday. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, you're checking out the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Morning everybody.
Speaker 4: It's dj NV just hilarious, charlamagn da God.
Speaker 2: We are the Breakfast Club. Reminding you guys your line nineteenth.
Speaker 4: My car show is at the seven five seven Inn, seven five to seventh, Haampton, Virginia.
Speaker 2: So I need you to pull up. If you have a call you want to put your.
Speaker 4: Car in the show, you can email me Djmvcar Show at gmail dot com. I can't wait to see you guys. Family fund the BBS boys bringing the old school cars new school cars. There's amusement rides and games for kids and kids faving under a free So if you haven't got your tickets, get your tickets and we're gonna announce the Tri State show in the next four weeks.
Speaker 2: So Jersey New York Wire coming to you soon.
Speaker 7: All right now, where you at this weekend, Jess, I am in Connecticut tonight. Get your tickets. I will be at the Foxwoods Casino. The show starts at eight, doors open at seven, and then tomorrow I'll be at the Wilber Theater in Boston, Massachusetts. So get your tickets at jess hilariousofficial dot com. Y'all listen, I ain't gonna hold y'all these Connecticut tickets. Dan ain't selling. I'm gonna be one hundred percent honest. I don't know what's going on. Bus and selling like crazy, but Connecticut is not. I don't know what's up. I need a cousin to tell a cousin Hartford Bridgeport for real.
Speaker 4: The first thing, because you're going to chuck Connecticut and I don't think heard of.
Speaker 5: Just give him the name of the club, the name of fat I did.
Speaker 4: I've been stopped saying. I said Fox was considered. That's all I've been saying for the last week that Fox would casino, come on out and support my sins.
Speaker 2: Fox would pull up.
Speaker 3: If Fox would usually be jumping on Memorial we be jumping.
Speaker 7: A Momorial week, Yep, yeah, they usually jumped any other time I go. I've done Fox was like four different times. But I mean, I haven't been there in a while. But it's just weird. It's not. They haven't been moving as much.
Speaker 3: It could be a big walk up too, though, because people just might be around the casino.
Speaker 7: Could eat, I know, bust and them tickets flying, you know what I mean. But Connecticut, I don't know what you'all doing, but y'all need to get the tickets. Just Allarisofficial dot com. I'll be there tonight and if it's me and eleven people.
Speaker 5: You could have a big transgender community.
Speaker 2: Please still come out. Salute to everybody out in Saint Martin. I'm in Saint Martin now.
Speaker 4: Salute to Laser one on one, the radio station out there that allowed me to broadcast from They appreciate you, guys. I'm out here for a soul beach and us owned by Sitting Bad and his brother Mark, so thank you for having me. Me do it each and every year I come and I usually do the opening party, So we appreciate you guys. And then I'm going to Indianapolis on Saturday with Monster Energy and I'm hoping when I get there my knicks would be be a tied one one something. I'm hoping because I don't want to go to Indianapolis down to So we'll see what happens.
Speaker 3: Salutor sinbad man, and salute everybody in Saint Martin.
Speaker 5: You know what I mean. I St.
Speaker 3: Martin showed me and my family a lot of love when we'll be touching down thirty minutes. But it's very important though, you know, you know that you gotta have you ever been there? Anguilla touched down the same Martin. Then you catch the boat over the Anguila, so you know they they are. They are very respectful and hospitable people there, so I appreciate them.
Speaker 7: That's what's up, ya. And remember you got to tell some bad I left him, yo, don't.
Speaker 4: Forget Okay, if I see him, I definitely will not if I say him. Not if I say it, because I don't know, because you know, he was he was, he was I think had I don't want he was just under some health condition. So yeah, yes, I don't know I'm gonna see hi or not. But I've seen Cedric entertain I've seen Claudia Jordan, I've seen a Chrispenser.
Speaker 7: Oh my girl, Claudia there. That's what's up.
Speaker 3: And also to man, thank you to everybody who has been going out there and purchasing Don Staley's book Uncommon Favor Basketball North Philly, My Mother, and the Life Lessons I learned from all three.
Speaker 2: The book is doing fantastic. She had an amazing book signing.
Speaker 3: Yesterday in New York City at Barnes and Noble on Fifth Avenue. Today she's in Philadelphia at the e Noon Tabernacle twenty eight hundred West Cheltenham Avenue in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, with Uncle Bobby's Coffee and books. It starts at seven pm. Everybody that bought their tickets, Uh, you know already, Thank you, but you better get there early because no, no I know the number. I'm just telling you that you should get there as early as possible. Okay, So it starts at seven pm. Yesterday they was at Barnes and Noble in New York at about eleven and it started at one. I would tell Philly, if it starts at seven, get there at four. If you can't, I'm just telling you.
Speaker 10: So.
Speaker 2: She don't sign every book.
Speaker 5: No no, no, not now, not to night.
Speaker 8: I doubt it.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, no, no, she is signing. No no, no, she is signed every book to night.
Speaker 9: She is.
Speaker 5: She is, She's signing all the books tonight.
Speaker 10: She is.
Speaker 5: She might not she signed all the books tonight.
Speaker 26: She she is.
Speaker 3: Yes, she's signing all the books. So saluted Don Staley. Go pick up her new book, Uncommon Favor and The Positive Noteice this man. It is Memorial Day weekend. Salute to all our veterans out there. You know, we as a people, we often take for granted the very things that most deserve our gratitude, and our veterans absolutely deserve our gratitude. Man, Thank you for serving our country. Thank you for protecting our freedom. Thank you for bravely doing what you've been called to do so we can safely do what we're free to do. Thank you to all our veterans.
Speaker 21: Man.
Speaker 3: Saluted veterans this weekend, have a blessed day. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 7: Breakfast Club, bitches, you gonna finish or y'all done