Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers report your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg data.
Speaker 1: But I'm Carol Master, a longer term static. Let's get to some stocks on the move on this Wednesday with us as Bloomberg News earning specialist.
Speaker 3: It's pou with us.
Speaker 1: She's got some stock movers. Where shall we begin?
Speaker 3: I think we have to start. We don't want to report it today, Dear take a d Does this your farm equipment maker? So it seems like investors are reacting negatively after the company put out a week outlook. You know, it has been struggling because tariffs have her demand for crops, and I think this out look kind of shows doubts about whether the US China deal to resume crop shipments were meaningfully boost demand. And we know know the industry has already been dealing with a couple of issues. Crop prices have been low and the cost of seats, fertilizersment's keep rising. So it kind of shows that farmers are having a tough time affording new machines right now, and that's hurting gear.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is A. You know, we talked to brook Sutherland earlier on this, and you know, asking the question of whether there's a bell weather and industrials and what this means for the farm economy and also how could the outlook and change if the farmers do, indeed in the US get a bailout from President Trump.
Speaker 1: And I think this is what's difficult, right to trade the tariffs, Like things feel like they're constantly moving, and so you have to kind of try it. How do you run a business when the targets keep moving? All right? De dear, as you said, down more than four percent today's session HPQ. Those earnings came out late last night.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it seems to still be down because it is shut an outlook a spilo expectations hp lame the high cost of memory tips that go into computers. It also became the latest company to report lay after due to AI. It said it will cut four thousand to six thousand employees over in the next two years and replace them with AI tools. That's about seven to ten percent of its corent workforce.
Speaker 4: You know, what's what I find fascinating about this is like this is through fiscal twenty twenty eight We're a few years away from fiscal twenty twenty eight, so you could you know, you could do this through layoffs, you could do it through not hiring when people leave, and there are other ways to do this. But also the AI. Think about how much AI has changed just in the last year and the way that people use it, Like, how can you predict how a company that you run is going to be using AI in the next two or three years.
Speaker 1: I feel like there's so many unknowns, Like these projections I think are really difficult. Ye that out there right? I feel like a lot could change TVD Yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Like to say a lot volatile world.
Speaker 4: Workday.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So this is what daytik a wday is at HR Software Maker. As another start, it took quite a bit of a beating today. It actually had results that beat estimates, but there are questions from analysts about how much of that is from an acquisition I mean in October, and how much of that is organic growth. Analysts also co certain about Maguins going forward because it gave a guidance that was below estimates. For example, Bloomberg Intelligence you know, pointed out that latch companies are cutting workers, are not hiring so it's going to be hot for a work day to find you clients.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a big concern. I mean that's like an economic a big concern about the economy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly. I mean it's such a great read, right when we talk about the labor force. I mean the stocks went down about seventeen percent year to date. I just feel like, and I think about the conversation that we had today looking at the FED page book, and like we're looking at a lot of different factors and what these types of companies say about their environment to try to get an idea of what's to come. It's it's a weird time, right, there's lots of questions.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think just no one knows.
Speaker 1: Right, what's the next earning season?
Speaker 3: Well, it's going to be soon after Christmas?
Speaker 4: Right, yeah, get ready for gear, ready for j warri start you know in an early part of January.
Speaker 1: Just say nothing, you're already thinking about that.
Speaker 4: We're barely through retail earnings at the point.
Speaker 1: I just think, you know, it's when we get an idea of how things are doing. Stock marketing kind of.
Speaker 4: Terminal says January thirteenth for JP Morgan, Right now, so yeah, We'll see if that.
Speaker 1: Well, Jamie us cockroach.
Speaker 4: We use weather weather. This is not yoga, Okay, I'm just.
Speaker 1: Saying what bug will he lean on?
Speaker 2: Rachel?
Speaker 1: Thank you so much. Really appreciate Rachel Plas. She's Bloomberg News Earning specialist.
Speaker 2: Joining us with Stockmovers, the Stockmovers Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live. Catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.