Speaker 1: Leading off stars right now on Fantasy Pros. Brought to you by Bet MGM. I am your host today Chris Welsh brought probably with Andrew sifter Man. Andrew, I was looking forward to this week. I've had a stuttery stutter for the last couple shows and then right out the gates, I'm.
Speaker 2: Like and brought to you by Andrew Seifter.
Speaker 3: No happy to bring you on your show.
Speaker 1: Well, how apropos to the weekend of losing it? Except I lost it right here, not losing it in the ninth not losing it right on like Friday at like five minutes in Perfect Game gone, like Jim said it just right out the gates. We're not gonna screw it up. Andrew Sifter myself, I'm gonna be talking about all the baseball like the missed opportunity for me for the week. And Drew Rasmussen for a perfect game who came within two outs of a perfect game? The internet too, by the way, it was very slick this gogram. I feel like off of the last Perfect Game, no hitter and instead of like we got a perfect game, but everyone was doing their little like shenanigans online, like hey, you might want to tune in. Something's going on over here. The minute I tuned in, Bam, it was gone Drew Rasmussen two outs of a perfect game, and he went in Andrew into the ninth I believe, on a seventy nine pitch pitch count.
Speaker 2: Just absolutely phenomenal.
Speaker 1: Ras Musen was so good at the beginning of the year, really tailed off.
Speaker 2: Is it sad for you to watch.
Speaker 1: These perfect games go by? Are you kind of like, you know, are you an anarchist and you kind of just like, I'm here to watch these go away?
Speaker 4: I mean, I don't do the shot in freight of thing, So no, I'm not happy to see him lose it. You know, I do think I guess it was Bob Nightingale that was broke that little rule you were talking about, and he did actually mention it on Twitter. So there's always going to be somebody that will in this age of social media and there's no secrets left. But you know, you know, I like ras Musen. You look at his overall numbers for the season and they're actually almost identical to what he did last season. So he has his ups and downs. His peripherals are always much worse than his surface. Stats, but maybe he's just one of those guys that the you know, advanced stats don't fully capture, right. I mean, it's a little early to say that. I guess, you know, it's really only been two seasons.
Speaker 3: But I don't know. I don't. I don't mind riding Drew Rasmussen.
Speaker 2: I don't either.
Speaker 1: Almost one hundred innings under his belt under a three era x FIP is nothing crazy three and a half, so it's not like there's a major swing in the wrong direction. Strikeouts have been a little bit low, and they were a little bit low in this one, but he was completely efficient.
Speaker 2: This stat was wild to me.
Speaker 1: Wonk actually just brought something up in the chat that it's been ten years to the day since the last perfect game. Well, ESPN and MLB Metrics both shared this stat that since the last perfect game, there have been nine pitchers to take it to the ninth and lose it. Nine pitchers since the last one have gone to the ninth and lose a perfect game in the ninth.
Speaker 2: That's a wild stat. Do you want to I don't, Andrew? Did you click on the tweet it all?
Speaker 3: Uh? No, I didn't do it?
Speaker 1: Okay, you want to take a guess at any of those names that were the nine that have lost it in the ninth since Felix Hernandez is perfect game in twenty twelve.
Speaker 3: Gosh, it's so hard for me to remember.
Speaker 2: Obviously got Drew, You got Drew sure.
Speaker 1: Surezer is one in twenty fifteen, nailed that with the Nationals.
Speaker 3: Oh, I gotta keep going, Verlander.
Speaker 1: If you want to name one, you're right, I did your job, all right. I will start off twenty thirteen. Let's see if the chat mean the chat. You guys could be looking at this. I don't know if anyone's putting in there, but twenty thirteen you Darvish with the Rangers. Use Merril Petite with the Giants against the Arizona Diamondbacks. Then you had Suresuer Rich Hill in twenty seventeen with the Dodgers at Pittsburgh. Jorge Lopez, How funny is that? Now with the Royals at Minnesota, and now he's there Tampa Bay in twenty nineteen lost the combined at Baltimore. Mike Leak maybe the best name on this entire one against the Angels, and the last one before Resbusen was last year Carlos Redawn at Cleveland nine pitchers who lost their perfect game in the ninth since the last perfect game.
Speaker 4: Seems like that's that shows us there's no correlation. You could be at one of the best pictures of all time, or you could be a nobody and you could have a close to a perfect game. So I don't know what that says about. Drew rasmuson really nothing.
Speaker 1: I guess the problem with like no hitters in perfect games too, is it it is a Schmorgesborg of like, guys, you look over here and you're like, here's Dallas Brayden, and then over here here's you know, justin Verlander. You know, you have like the best and the We're not calling Dallas Braden the worst, but I mean Mike Leak, I might be willing.
Speaker 2: To call the worst like this list.
Speaker 1: Like you said, yes, Mara Betit and Mike Leak on this same list as like you, Darvish, Max Scherzer.
Speaker 2: That is yeah.
Speaker 4: It's also it's also interesting, you know, I feel like there's more no hitters now than ever before, but fewer perfect games. Maybe because it's like with all the strikeouts, it's easier to avoid giving up hits. But maybe the you know, walk rates are up some so it's interesting how that dynamic has sort of shifted over time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I've always had the correlation to the hitting side, where the cycle is to the no hitter, as the four home run game is to the perfect game, like those are. Those have always been those correlations because I feel like we've seen cycles. I guess have tapered down a little bit, but we've had some runs. When cycles happen, I feel like they just like up above, we get like a whole bunch of them. But I would have loved it. I love the perfect game. It's such a unicorn of a thing to happen. And we almost had it, but it was lost in the ninth just like me playing on MLB the Show against Bogman. I had a no hitter going in our first game of for months last week. Oh we were streaming, and I lost it in the ninth inning, of course, because of how that goes.
Speaker 2: Uh, shame, shame, shame.
Speaker 1: Brady Singer ends the Dodgers twelve game winning streak. And Brady Singer has been quite the dude since all of us have wanted him to not be the dude, and on the year, He's got an over nine k per nine. He's crossed over the one hundred innings pitch marker three two nine ERA with a very impressive three three five FIP.
Speaker 2: Home runs of kept in check.
Speaker 1: Really, everything you look at are the underlinings of I don't want to call an elite pitcher, but like a top flight pitcher. How trustworthy are you with Brady Singer through the rest of the season, Like do you I know, like back and forth, like Nick Pollock has been a little bit questionable, but on him, but you go and look at the stuff and the results, like how much trustworthiness do you have in Singer through the end of this year.
Speaker 4: I'm feeling good about him right now. I mean, how can you not after doing that against the Dodgers. Of course, in this twelve team league I'm in my home league. People haven't really given much respect to Singer because he's been on the waiver wire more and then not. I picked him up for the one bad start he had in that stretch, and then cut him again, and now I picked him up again. You know, he's a two pitch pitcher, so I think that always gives you a little bit of cause for concern. With the starter, but he's making it work, especially with his slider. It's really effective pitch right now for him. He's got some really juicy matchups coming up here as well, So I'm absolutely going to ride the hot hand with Brady Singer right now.
Speaker 1: In June he had a five nine to seven ERA. In the month of July and August he has had a sub two five WHIP. He had a two oh five whip inly I'm sorry era in July and a two three three ERA in August. So he went from a first half of a four ERA where he gave up eleven homers a little bit short of his sort of a sample size here eleven homers batting to throwing to a two sixty two batting average in the second half a one sixty seven ERA, given up only two homers.
Speaker 2: Walks have cooled a little bit.
Speaker 1: The batting average under two hundred. He has dominated hitters on this on this second half of the year and looks really really good.
Speaker 2: And this is a little.
Speaker 1: Bit more telling of ESPN, but his ownership in ESPN's only fifty seven percent.
Speaker 2: But I mentioned this on.
Speaker 1: A couple itl shows you can tell like ESPN's so wonked because there's so many people who have just given up and not playing the major, major guys that are on a pickup list every single week. Then both of them like, don't even move over sixty percent because there's so many people, doesn't matter what the percentage just look.
Speaker 2: Like over there.
Speaker 1: There's so many dead leagues and you know, just dead ownership across the board that it doesn't move the table quite enough. And or actually, you know what that was Yahoo and ESPN's the same thing. It's even the lower but Yahoo only fifty seven percent for some of the same reason.
Speaker 4: That's what I was gonna say. I was gonna say it's fifty seven percent of Yahoo. I think it maybe it's just the Royals too.
Speaker 3: I feel like there's.
Speaker 4: Certain teams that just haven't had a lot of great pitchers over the years, and people just sort of start giving up on certain franch and having biases towards, you know, franchises that are always pumping out top pictures. I think we've seen this maybe with the Orioles as well. People don't want to ever trust Orioles pitchers just because of past history. But we got to look at the numbers and we you know, I think that what you brought up about Singer's walk rate is really important. I mean, that's way down from last season. It's barely over two walks per nine right now, which is a much more manageable rate for him.
Speaker 3: So I like what.
Speaker 4: He's doing and don't don't hold that Royal's affiliation against him.
Speaker 1: You know, it's something to think about, Like it'll probably be something down the line. It's impossible to read engage from this guy, but you really got to wonder, like what maybe rubbed off from Zach Granky. You know, hopefully the good stuff and not the bad stuff.
Speaker 2: But you know, Granky goes in in.
Speaker 1: The Diamondbacks and they got Zach Gallon, and Zach Gallen kind of even retransformed who he was.
Speaker 2: Same thing is happening here.
Speaker 1: I don't know if there's a direct correlation, but you have like those veteran pitchers that if you want to talk about a guy that understands pitching pitching, that's Zach Grank and really may have rubbed.
Speaker 2: Off in a positive way.
Speaker 1: A couple of the headline notes here Dustin May recorded ten strikeouts or five innings on Sunday in his last minor League rehab start in Triple A. He also tossed an immaculate inning.
Speaker 2: Which is crazy.
Speaker 1: He needed just seventy pitches in those five innings and this is coming back from Tommy John. He is slated to return to the Dodgers rotation on Saturday against the Marlins. Are you a full trust Dustin May? Guy? Put him in no worries. We don't really have a gauge of like how far.
Speaker 2: They'll push him.
Speaker 1: They pushed him seventy in his last I could see him going seventy five to eighty in his first start if they're pushing him like that in Triple A. But Andrew, what's your trust level on Dustin May? For this weekend?
Speaker 4: I'm happy to just plug him right into my lineup. I don't know what we're going to get for the entire season. I think that's a little more unclear, but I feel like when he's starting, you just go with it, you know. I Mean it was only five starts last year, but he took this massive step forward last year in the swinging strike rate, the k per nine. He just looked like the dominant pitcher that he was supposed to be in the first place, and he's looked like that dominant pitcher as well in his rehab outings, so you know, he looks like he could step right in and just miss a ton of bats. And you love the Dodgers situation. I mean, if you're hunting for wins, it's always a good place. It's a team with a great track record with pitchers. I mean, we're seeing guys like you know, Tyler Anderson, Tony Goslin, you name it. These guys are all coming in and they are awesome fantasy options. So I would I would love to just have Dustin May on my roster and in my lineup.
Speaker 1: One thing I'm going to be really monitoring to is how they treat the innings of all three of those guys you just said obviously May, but throwing in Gonsolin and Tyler Anderson just because you gotta wonder if you get into September, if they start to screw around and maybe try to piggyback. That's always been the big worry for me, is if they tried any type of piggyback to lower the innings on any of these guys. There's don't really signs yet. Maybe it's just going to be a six man rotation is something they would consider over piggybacking, but just an eye on it, and you know, coming off with Tommy John's always a little scary. But Dustin May's arsenal that like two seemy just flipping fastball is just one of I think it's one of the best pitches in baseball, if you especially for fastball usage.
Speaker 2: It's just it's absolutely absurd to me.
Speaker 1: And if his command is there, he's gonna put up some really good results. Early on last on the big headlines, Jeff Passing over the Weekend Reporter that the Nationals are finally going to promote C. J.
Speaker 2: Abrams from Triple A.
Speaker 1: For whatever reason, they sent him down there to, you know, get a better look at Caesar or Hernandez. But Luis Garcia is going on the injured list. And in a short period of time, I believe it was eight games over in Triple A, Abrams was hitting two ninety and had four stolen bases. No real big power. I think he had two doubles. I think eleven hits, so not you know, only two extra base hits of that of any variety, but the stolen bases were there. He got to get acclimated a little bit and he's gonna come up and he's just one of those guys. Maybe not in a points league because he's not showing off like really impressive anything power whatsoever, but anytype a category row C. J.
Speaker 2: Abrams is a.
Speaker 1: Must attempt pick up in my eyes, if he can finish out the year. What say you on Abrams?
Speaker 4: Yeah, And he did hit seven homers in thirty Triple A games with the Padres at the beginning of the year, so there is still some power potential there, I think as well. And you know, oftentimes with these prospects, it's enough pressure having to come up to the big leagues, but when you're coming up to a title contending team and a team where there's a lot of competition for playing time, I.
Speaker 3: Think that just really adds extra pressure. And I think C. J.
Speaker 4: Abrams is a player that might benefit now from being out of the spotlight, just getting to play every day without a lot of huge expectations on him. So because the physical tools, the hit tool, it's all there. We've seen it in the minors, and I think he could put it together this year. I mean, you never know with rookies, but I like the situation being out of the spotlight of San Diego.
Speaker 1: And he's aggressive on the base paths too. I remember I was at his first major league game this year, was against the Diamond, and you know, he was like first first played appearance. I think I don't remember if he got on by uh, you know, a lineout or whatever it was. He just got on first and he immediately went to steal on the first one. So I mean he has been hyper, hyper aggressive on stolen bases. He has next let I've called it used to be the buckst in power. How I've referred to the minor league speed. I'm sorry, the Bucks and speed. The I've referred to as the Abram speed because the guy flies. He does have power when he's really seeing the ball. Well, it's been a little crazy over the last couple years in his adjustment period, but Abrams is a guy if you're trying to get stolen bases with a decent hit tool, you should pick him up.
Speaker 2: I don't know if they'll put him high in the lineup.
Speaker 1: I doubt they will early on, but there's always that possibility to be.
Speaker 2: Able the lookout for that. Some injuries.
Speaker 1: Travis Darnaut should return tonight versus the Mets. Dustin may As, we talked about how that rehab stent could tell Marte is considered day to day with some hamstring tightness and Ramon Lariano left Sunday's game with left side soreness.
Speaker 2: Always speculate wonder could tell, uh, maybe get a little bit banged up.
Speaker 1: Maybe they consider putting him on the IL and maybe they say, you know what, let's bring up that Corbyn Carrol.
Speaker 2: Let's just bring him up.
Speaker 1: We'll slide someone over at second, we get another body in there. Just be on the lookout for that. Here was a fun fact to this day in baseball Wonky put on here. In nineteen fifty five, pitcher Warren Span of the Milwaukee Brewers hit a home run off of Mel Wright of the Saint Louis Cardinals to give Span a home run in every National League park in nineteen fifty five.
Speaker 2: That seems like, what is that? What do you I would love to know what does that look like? Right now?
Speaker 1: As far as like guys hitting, they're making a bigger deal about this stat when you know it was the AL versus the NL, and they were all these separate league type of things. I use air quotes, but like, I would kind of love to see an active player board of hitting homers in separate leagues or maybe even more so, how many active players do you think of hit a home run in every ballpark in Major League Baseball? There's got to be some, right, or do you think it's low like to none?
Speaker 3: Well, I think that.
Speaker 4: I mean, the real part of that stat was that he's a pitch sure, right, and it was Waukee Braves back then. Actually, but yeah, I mean I don't know how many I would assume some of these guys that have been in you know, playing for twenty years or something like that, like maybe like a Nelson Cruise or someone like that.
Speaker 2: Pool Holes Cruise, Yeah, pool.
Speaker 4: Holes, Yeah, exactly, some of those guys maybe. But you know, I think back then in the fifties, there wasn't as much specialization, so the pictures had to, you know, know how to work the bat a little bit, maybe more than they do now. I mean now, I think with you know, with these high school kids, even you're seeing I mean a lot of times the pictures are the best player on the team in a high school team, they're the best hitter and the best picture. You know, but then they get into the minor league system and they stop ever focusing on the hitting aspect at all. So by the time they get up to the big leagues, they're not much of a hitter anymore. But but you know, I think back then that was not something that happened. So maybe you saw some pictures that could swing the bat a little bit.
Speaker 1: I wasn't and I wasn't even like processing that when I was saying that one. Ki's a hundred percent right, adds any even more interesting stat also on what you were just saying. I want to talk about two way players. Just throwing it out there for everybody. Brenda McKay with a red Race, just did a little rehab start the other day, so I don't know if he's coming back. Be very interesting to see if the Rays continue looking at him as a two way player because of all of the injuries. Here's a little deep dive. We don't have to go too crazy into it, but you know, we haven't done. This is something Joe and I did a whole lot, and this was more so because of one of these Races moving across. I went and took a look at all of the future MLB futures for awards and bets, and there is still one bet on here that I think you can take, but almost every other bet probably no shocker. It's mid August.
Speaker 2: You should see it like this.
Speaker 1: But there are no tight races but one and the Furthest Race. This is actually probably shocker number two. The furthest race of any of these is the al MVP. Aaron Judges moved to minus six point fifty six and a half on the favorite and Otani now a plus four point fifty. Andrew, Joe and I have been very very heavy about what O'tani had been doing mid season as a two way player. It's I think it's still hard to not give that to him. But my god, the books have moved.
Speaker 2: There is no.
Speaker 1: Bigger deficit or favorite, if you will, on any of these, but the al MVP race.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, this is just one of those things where it's like, really, if Otani keeps doing this, like he should be the MVP every year, like there should Like you can't really compare the value, but I know, like Judge is having a truly special season, and I mean he could challenge the home run record even and you know the Yankees are a great team, and uh, you know this is a this is a career season, I think for Aaron Judge. So I understand wanting to recognize that. So you know, the MVP is not it's not a statistical competition. It's judged by people who have bias sees and you know, make up their own minds about these things. So we hear this all the time about how much it matters how good the team is. You know, how valuable can you be if your team's not that good and things like that. But so, yeah, I mean, I understand why the betting is in favor of Judge, but I do think that if you want to just talk about who is the most valuable player, it has to be Otani.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And like Wonky brings up this point saying, don't you throw ten bucks on Atani at this point? Sure, But I said this a long long time ago that I felt like, and this is like a commonplace that will happen with like writers and stuff, is there'll be a point where it's like they give it to somebody and they're going to look at themselves in the mirror and go, we can't give this guy this award every single year. So they're literally going to give him a strike because he's so amazing, and it's like, well, now you got to do something more amazing for us, and that could be something that leads to Otani not winning this as if it's literally just like yeah, this is great and all, but like, look at this guy.
Speaker 2: He did this really cool thing.
Speaker 1: This is different from who he was when you're right at the end of the day, it probably should be Otan. This will be an Otani Award. It's a really fascinating number. And I don't disagree with Wonky, you know, don't throw it on there. But the problem has been is Judge is never cool down this whole season. We've had little you know, ups and downs, ebbs and flows with Otani, and I think that's hurting the odds on a daily basis. But why not make the bet.
Speaker 4: It's kind of like the Oscars, you know, like in the Oscars, they always want to give an actor the award when they think it's like the one chance they have left to give it to them or something like that. You know, this is the chance to give it to Judge Otani. They know there's going to be more chances in the future to give it to them, or at least.
Speaker 3: They think there are, so I think that could be working.
Speaker 1: Against them, Like they're more of a disaster than they've been in kind of a long time, especially with losing Trout, so that might be part of it. There's some other races that, look, you know, I think they're kind of locked. Goldi in the NL is minus one forty. Riley is plus three fifty. That one, I guess it could be open. That one feels a lot more locked. You've got the AL Awards very interesting. Verlander minus one fifty five ceases plus two hundred. McClanahan is two six or six hundred. I still think Verlander is still kind of a walk on that. Sandy Alcontra is a huge push over on the NL side, he's minus two eighty. And then when you go over to the Rookie Awards, the number two biggest deficit is Julio And I'm actually I was actually a little bit surprised at this, not because Julio has been incredible, but I just thought with some of the mistime, Wit could have gained a little bit of ground. Uh No, it's gotten worse. It is minus six hundred six to one on your money for Julio in the opposite direction minus six hundred, Wit is ten to one for your money plus one thousand.
Speaker 2: That's a huge deficit.
Speaker 1: But the one bet I think you can make is the NL Rookie of the Year Award. Spencer Streider currently has a lead. He's actually pitching today. He's incredible minus one fifteen, but his teammate Michael Harris is plus one fifteen. The thing you do have to worry about that is them monopolizing each other and eating themselves both up. But I thought I was going to look at this and I was going to see Michael Harris as a leader with Strider right behind. This is a bet, though I'm not getting a lot of good mind, I think it's the only bet that I can make. I feel like, with any chance whatsoever, that is not the favorite.
Speaker 4: Andrew, Yeah, I mean, I actually do like Michael Harris in that competition, But it is real close. I mean, when guys are, you know, on the same team, it's kind of makes it more complicated, I guess. But yeah, I mean, you know, with Wit, I sort of get it, just because the Royals aren't competitive, and you know, the Mariners are surprising some people by being in the Pennant race, being in the playoff chase. So I think that that's working in Julio's favor for sure. But you know al Contra too, I get it. But at the same time, like, why do we think he's such.
Speaker 3: A lock for that award?
Speaker 4: I mean, like, there are other good pitchers in the National League who are on winning teams.
Speaker 3: I mean, like, could.
Speaker 1: Plus eight hundred, he's eight to one, he's that Look at that deficit.
Speaker 2: Two eighty two plus eight.
Speaker 1: Hundred is the deficit between al Contra and the number two better?
Speaker 4: What if, like what if Scherzer just dominates the rest of the season, could he get in that race?
Speaker 2: I don't think so.
Speaker 1: I think Sandy has been too dominant with how far he's gone into games. I mean, maybe the numbers don't look like astronomical as far as like strikeouts and stuff, but he has been maybe the most he's been the most valuable player of all of that. And I think it's it's a very like textbookie type of bet that I think, like purists would do. I get what you're saying. I totally get what you're saying, because it's like if you had six weeks of one of these guys six weeks of Joe Musgrove taken the team on his back, or you know, even Corbyn Burns.
Speaker 2: Or sures Are, Like you said, you could do it, but I.
Speaker 1: Think it's too much ground to push. Like I'm looking here, Suresier is forty to one if you wanted to make that bet, but that was so much ground in time, well, he had time lost on the year.
Speaker 2: I think it's a lost cause.
Speaker 1: I think anything may maybe you place a bet on like fandle or something so you can cash out if you're getting close. But I just I think this is an oucontra run away with it. So I'm taking my ba.
Speaker 4: I guess, I just I guess I just don't really understand it, because I mean, the Marlins are not a good team. It's not a major media market. Really, I just I don't really get why he's such an overwhelming favorite.
Speaker 3: I guess. I mean he's a great pitcher, don't get me wrong.
Speaker 1: You get forty to one if you want to bet yours right now, that's pretty good, right you want to make that bet.
Speaker 2: Here's some stats.
Speaker 1: Drew Rasmussen, as we talked about when eight and one third did give up that earned run a hit seven strikeouts in his almost perfect bid. Michael Waka struck out nine over seven, only giving up two hits for Boston. Blake Snell a ten strikeout game over six. Bryce Elder struck out ten and seven for Atlanta, and Brady Singer struck out seven over six, giving up only one hit.
Speaker 2: That did walk three. We talked about the walk rate was.
Speaker 1: A little bit walk eh in that game. Over on the hitter side, Brian Reynolds at a homer with a five RBI game this weekend, Christian Walker hit a bomb and he actually had.
Speaker 2: Other hits, which is incredible. Four for five.
Speaker 1: That's not something he does. Albert Poolholes had two homers in his Do you think Albert Pooles legitimately could get to that seven hundred marker. I think he's eleven away in six. Do you think like some mirror, do you see a miracle of baseball where he gets his seven hundred or is he gonna just have one of those? To me, it's super depressing when a guy in some things so close, like if I were at six ninety eight, I would have to play for another month next year to get to seven hundred. Maybe it's an OCD thing, but you think you can get to seven.
Speaker 4: Well, the triggy thing is, you know, a lot of it I think comes down to how much playing time he gets, really, you know, And the problem is that the Cardinals need to win games, so they're not going to be in a situation at the end of the year. I don't think where they can be like, oh, let's just play auber Pools every day for two weeks so you can get there. You know, like, they're not going to be able to make that sort of decision. They have to decide what lineup gives them the best chance of winning each and every day. So I would lean against it just for that reason. But it will be a sad trombone if you finishes a couple homers short totally agree.
Speaker 1: I hate that stuff, and they're not going to count. They don't count the playoff run to it, because you can have like six ninety eight, then go into the playoffs hit a couple and then we could all just like be like, well, it's seven hundred.
Speaker 3: Do we get a month of pooholes next season?
Speaker 2: Then yeah, that's what I mean, That's what I would do. But he seems like he's done. I just wouldn't be.
Speaker 1: Able to help myself. I'm at Rosario, guy, I'm Rosario. Homer and stolen based combo meal looking very very good. Eight homers eleven stolen bases on the year, with a two eighty eight batting average and a very low strikeout rate, sixty four runs as well, pushing to maybe that ninety, maybe even one hundred of things go well on the back half. Any pas Quentino had a homer, Alex Bregman a homer, Pollock Buxton combo meal byro Estrada had a combo meal, and Raphael Devers homer going.
Speaker 2: Two for four.
Speaker 1: Some stat Zeros Ryan felt their six earned runs and four and one third. Justin Dunn gave up five earned runs and seven hits, walked a couple didn't get to the fourth. Kevin Gousman Kevin Gousman four and two thirds, five earned runs, give up nine hits, a couple, Thompson, Zach and Keegan five and runs, four earned runs expect respectively. Kevin Gousman Andrew like a little bit of a taper off. Like I know, we all want to talk about the Seaan McClanahan taper off, but Gossman's been a little bit uh wonky on this second half.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm disappointed. I'm a big Kevin Gasman. I was a kool Aid drinker, so that is frustrating. But I mean, look at his peripherals though still. I mean, he's got a ten point four or five k per nine, which is virtually identical to last season with the Giants. The walk rate is the best of his entire career. It's one point five to four walks per nine. He's not giving up home runs either. I mean, like he's he's on pace to shatter his best home run allowed number. So it's kind of like hard to understand a little bit why he's struggling. I mean, is it just maybe a babep thing. I mean, his underlying numbers are still very good, so I don't know. I'm a take it from a hopelessly biased Kevin Gosman cheerleader, but I'm not I still would be buying Kevin Gosman.
Speaker 1: Gossman in the second half a four let's see a four to one three era compared to his two eight seven first half era, not as his disappointing for sure, disappointing right there on the zeros for the hitters. Willie Pastro four strikeouts on you know Cruise for strikeouts. Would you look at that? Matt Verlin four strikeouts, Berdie Chapman, Judge and Cedric Mullins all over with three strikeouts.
Speaker 2: So no point.
Speaker 1: Oh drop them yeah, drop them all, yeah, drop every single one them, Drop that Judge, drop that Mullins, get them out of there. The home end contest Friends is getting very very tricky because we have a tie high. Cubby and Dee Blum are tied at forty two. None of them hit homers. It looks like this weekend or maybe one of them to Goldie one so too. Maybe this red is for yesterday. Yeah, that's for the eight to fourteen, so yesterday. Note they didn't have it. Terry Mayer and Go Cards all at forty and then the list kind of tapers down. I did not hit a Julio one unfortunately for this weekend, so I didn't play any catch.
Speaker 2: Up on the bets.
Speaker 1: I've pulled the number one on the total basin strikeout and then the number one positive, so the number one total base bet. According to betting pros MLB prop cheat sheet algorithm is Matt Chapman today because he's at a total base marker of one. You just have to get one total base today, but it is juiced to minus one seventy five, so that might be dicey. The number one plus money bet is Taskar Hernandez over at Rivers Casino.
Speaker 2: Apparently they've got.
Speaker 1: On here at plus one twelve for one and a half total bases, So those are you total base markers. Spencer Streider your number one algorithm strikeout guy, it's juiced at one sixty five, but you only got to get six. That is on bet MGM. And the number one plus money is Freddy Peralta on DraftKings against the Dodgers, and it's plus money at one ten at five and a half. So if you had to pick one Andrew, which one of these bets are you picking?
Speaker 2: Understanding the juice?
Speaker 3: I mean, I like that Paralta bet.
Speaker 4: I mean he's got tons of strikeout potential and that's a pretty low number. I mean, he is facing the Dodgers, so that makes it a little tougher, but I don't think that necessarily prevents him from getting the case.
Speaker 3: So I take that one.
Speaker 1: Well, if you want to do it go over to bet MGM. I think that one was that one was DraftKings, But you can do and make it over at bet mgm and use our promo code leading Off. You get one thousand dollars risk free bet if you do it today, download the app, go on the website bet MGM one thousand dollars risk free bet. Use the promo code at leading Off. Home Runs, Andrew, let's get it. Let's get a home run call. What do you got for the beginning of this week?
Speaker 4: I'm going to go with Matt Olsen. He's facing Carlos Carrasco. He's a decent pitcher, but Olsen is hitting four fifty five career off him, with two homers and two doubles in eleven at bats. So and of course Olsen also has three homers in his last three games, so swing in a hot bat right now. We know the kind of power he brings to the table each and every day. So going with Matt Olson.
Speaker 1: I didn't realize Wonky and I are going in the same direction. We're both going with Rehes Hoskins up against a lefty. Implied run totals I think are very nice over there. The top five run imply. Total teams for today are Toronto, Cleveland and Philly, and we're both going with Reez Hoskins. Mike Mayer is going with the BVP play of gm an Choi, and of course our boy Joe Piezipia just has judge and perpetuity.
Speaker 2: That is it.
Speaker 1: Andrew Sifter on Twitter at Andrew underscore Sifter. I am on Twitter at is it the Welsh? We gave up the perfect, the no hitter just right out of the gates. We had a little bit. This is like, none of this is a quality start matchup if we are doing the matchup on my performances here Internet, a little bit wonky.
Speaker 2: Little bit of screws ups.
Speaker 1: So I think we're at like a five and two thirds four runs if you guys are scoring my hosting today. Everybody but Andrew, you hit it out of the park. You nailed it again, my friend. Anything going on people need to know about?
Speaker 3: Sure. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So I'm writing my weekly Fantasy pros Waiver Wire article on The most recent one just came out on Saturday, so it's still pretty fresh. You can hear my love for von Grissom there. I'm also updating my rest of season fantasy baseball rankings tonight, as well as football rankings if you're into that kind of thing. So those are over at ros Rankings dot Com. You can hear my podcast, the Rest of Season Rankings Fantasy Podcast on Apple or Spotify.
Speaker 3: We do two pods a week.
Speaker 4: We're going to be looking at football a lot here coming up, but we'll be doing some baseball pods here and there as well.
Speaker 1: Great stuff find me over at in this League, in this League dot com and our twitch Twitch dot tv slash in this League later today doing live stream friends.
Speaker 2: That is it for leading off.
Speaker 1: We'll be back again tomorrow. We love you all, buy my friends. We'll hit some homers, see yea