Speaker 1: Did you watch that four hour Disneyland Star Wars Cruiser video? No, it's I'm I'm like as like everyone said when like the video was out, like I am surprised. I watched about eighty five percent of a four Wow. Yeah, it's interesting because like it's such a thoroughed analysis, Like I'm not evenna say takedown because she's coming into it as a fucking fan and she's like, I'm just really disappointed and.
Speaker 2: Like it's weird.
Speaker 1: It articulated a lot of things that I felt at theme parks, but because I'm not so into theme parks, I couldn't quite like describe what it was. Like a lot of shit feels half assed. These like they don't as immersive. Yeah, Like you know in Indiana Jones, there's like that one little like there's like little easter eggs in the line that you can fuck with that like set off different things like during like while you're like.
Speaker 3: The the the arrows that was my favorite part.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Or there's like a fucking bamboo stick you could shake and it would make it seem like all the.
Speaker 2: Fucking rocks were crumbling and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: But anyway, like hearing her talk about like, how low energy.
Speaker 3: I'm fucking scared right now just hearing you talk about that.
Speaker 2: Man, Dude, it's fucking freaky.
Speaker 1: You don't hey, don't, don't fucking get don't be in line with me in Indiana Jones.
Speaker 3: Motherfucker, I'll be shaking all the sticks like sure, that's the fire alarm. Nah, that's a fire extinguisher. Yeah, god damn right it is. Yeah, Hello the Internet, and welcome to this week trend trending episode of Guys. Yeah for August twenty six, A happy birthday my big sister, Shannon, my cool older sister Shannon.
Speaker 2: Dude, when's your birthday?
Speaker 3: It was a month ago.
Speaker 2: Do we celebrate? Did we say something? Oh? You were gone? Huh were you gone? No?
Speaker 3: No, I was here. I think we were recorded.
Speaker 2: Wow, you slipped under the radar.
Speaker 3: Slipped it under the radar. This is where we get.
Speaker 2: For never writing down when's yours?
Speaker 3: Again?
Speaker 2: Don't worry about it under the radar.
Speaker 3: It's like gang hit me up. Let me know what, Miles the same, when's uh? Yeah, yeah, I just did the I'm a Leo. Uh. Brian editor asked if I was a cancer. I'm a Leo, Leo, big Leo energy.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, oh yeah, it's all It's always about you. You have come in with your.
Speaker 3: Come in, and I'm just making it about me quietly, just manipulating things. So everyone's look at me, look at me, and look what I just did with the intro. It's my sister's birthday and we started talking about my birthday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I had to.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I gotta do it. Sorry, Shan one of the best to ever do it in terms of Big Sister Ring. All right, my name is Jack. That over there is Miles. This is the episode where we tell you some of the stuff that was trending over the weekend, uh and Friday, because we don't record on Friday, so that gets in there too. First, we let you know what we're up to by telling you, uh, something we think is underrated, something we think is overrated. Yeah, you want to kick us off with an underrated.
Speaker 1: Underrated And this is gonna sound fucking obscene, bizarre, perhaps even dumb for lack of a better word, but outcast I believe is underrated.
Speaker 2: Oh now, for like not to be like they're the greatest hip hop back the duo would have ever, No, not like that.
Speaker 1: I mean, obviously hip hop and raps fands know, like how important the Atlanta duo is to the to the music, to the to the.
Speaker 3: Duo is within their retrait? Is there anyone duo? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I mean as a duolidly, there's a lot of like they're the star duo and then underneath you have the A tiers that's like a gang star deep.
Speaker 2: Kind of thing, like if we're talking straight pure duos.
Speaker 3: But Cast is like top three for me, just over artist Yah.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, I loves anyway.
Speaker 1: All that to say is like I think they might be underrated because people might not understand how important they are and well known they are. Because I was reading this article there is a fucking Atlanta based DJ like ed M duo that is calling themselves at Aliens.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they.
Speaker 1: Have like Outcast is suing them because like what the like, are y'all for real?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: What the fuck do you think? Do you know? Who? The fuck the at Aliens? Do you do? You know? Anything?
Speaker 3: Is an album where they called themselves the at Aliens and like adopted an entire persona and aesthetic based around that idea. It's not just like they're I could see if it was like an a mad if they like were yeah, naming themselves after an album by like if they were like I'm Good Kid and he's Mad City and together where Good Kid met it?
Speaker 2: You know. But even then you're.
Speaker 3: Like, you're not like confusing them with Kendrick. But at Aliens was like it just like feels like you are trying to steal one there sit not just.
Speaker 1: The titular song from the album is also very well known. But anyway, I guess, like in twenty twelve, this group filed a trademark for eight Wow, and then Outcast didn't realize it until I guess somewhat recently in the last year or so. And basically, like the lawsuit alleges that the EDM group's quote usage of the stylized at Aliens paired with their stage costumes, some fans might actually think they're Big Boy and Andre or at the very least connected somehow to the plaintiffs.
Speaker 3: So I spell it big Boy, so it's not bog.
Speaker 1: Begg b o hy And they call me Daddy rat stacks rat daddyas b I know why. It's that same mother father that took them knuckles to your thigh, you know what I mean? Yeah, exactly, giving a shout out to my uncle Donald locked up in prison. But anyway, so they're out here trading on this at Alien's name, and like the other thing is like they wear masks. Once you hear the music, you're like, this outcast has nothing to do with this music. It's very dubstep heavy.
Speaker 2: Shit.
Speaker 3: Oh but yeah, dubstep that's on the that's on the upswing. That's cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah exactly, which makes sense back in twenty twelve when y'all were registering that name. But like I saw a clip of some of their music and it was very not you know, Atlanta. But anyway, some people like are defending them. They're like, no, it's an homage, but like, apparently it sounds like outcasts. They tried to do this before going to court, to be like hey, man, like can you not like we're going to be chill about this but seriously not get the fuck off, and they just are like.
Speaker 2: No, So now it's going to court, so you know he's heard of you guys.
Speaker 3: I feel like outcast legacy and importance is always like constantly. It's like one of the big debates like circumcision and like wait, you don't you don't know about Outcast like things the Internet likes to like get angry at that, right right, R know, But yeah, I think that's because there is a thread of people like kind of forgetting how great they were because they just kind of stopped at.
Speaker 2: A certain point.
Speaker 1: Or it just blows my mind that in Atlanta based duo thinks they could be like, yeah, rat Aliens. Yeah, and I get to maybe like in that sense, like it's an homage because it's become something bigger than even what Outcast had intended. But like, if you're making money, you're selling merchandise and all that shit that come on now, I'm not buying it.
Speaker 2: So anyway, out Cast, I am.
Speaker 1: I am thoroughly outraged on your behalf that people think they can get away with calling themselves at Aliens And it has nothing.
Speaker 2: To do with y'all.
Speaker 3: Andre is not out here like being the American diplomat to the Olympics. He's making experimental flute albums, so like people I think might forget every once in a while, but I feel like their music is so strong that it'll just like come back and you know, it'll come in waves.
Speaker 2: But yeah, and honestly I don't it is what it is.
Speaker 1: I mean, like people, it's like when you know you know, but like I think it's more just it's the audacity of it that really just fucking grinds my millennial gears.
Speaker 3: All right, My underrated is the Animal Lists Circus. We took the kids to the circus this weekend with some friends. Shout out down and Tom for the tickets.
Speaker 2: Like a humane circus.
Speaker 3: Basically it's Ringling Brothers. It's Ringling and Barnum and Bailey all. They all got rid of the animals after, you know, a number of people pointed out how fucked up the sh I gotta say I did. I did not know about this. I hadn't like caught the story that they had taken the animals away, like shut down for a year and then come back. Sons Animals covered it on the show. I'm sure we did. I just like it didn't stick in my brain of the one hundred thousand stories we've covered on the show. I walked into crypto, I was like, something's wrong. This is the setup. The circus is not in town because it didn't smell like animal shit like that that is such a part of the circus, Like you know, the entire arena smelling like you were inside a room that had been hollowed out of a mountain of horse shit, you know, like that was the circus for so long, and but apparently it wasn't a setup to whack me like Peshian Goodfellas. They just yeah, they got rid of the animals. They've replaced the animals with mixed results. I'll say, they've also replaced the clowns. By the way, clowns are gone, which I was going in a little concerned because my six year old, who has never like encountered a clown in the wild, like, is scared of clowns. Yeah, and only so when he catches me in my me time in my closet. But yeah, the entire clown aesthetic is made up of like dark clown movie monsters for him, Like clowns are one of the most frequently like creepy Halloween costumes we see in our neighborhood at like during trigger treating. So they just got like they are only monsters at this point. So I think I'm gonna start emphasizing to my kids, like how like just make it seem like, oh, yeah, clowns were everywhere. Man, I had like three clowns in my graduating class in high school.
Speaker 2: Yeah, look at those Look at those clowns with the sirens on in their cars. They go by what they're not up to?
Speaker 3: Am I right?
Speaker 2: Take them to the Black Circus. I don't. Yeah, Universe Soul Circus.
Speaker 3: I'm not. I've never been.
Speaker 2: That's a show.
Speaker 3: That's a good show.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I remember White Grandparents me as a kid, and I was like, this ship is fucking like it's it's like it's like going to like White Church and then Black Church.
Speaker 2: Yeah, White Circuit Black like yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Like, oh man, the speaking of White Church. One of the things that they've replaced the animals and clowns with is a guy in a tank, like a sparkly tank top just doing a what felt like thirty five minute long drum solo on a drum kit.
Speaker 2: Just for some reason. And then Moby Dick and ship like John Bonham.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just slamming the drums with like some sparklers going off behind him, and then they like raise him on a platform to the roof while he's drumming and then back down. That was I think the low point of like the things they've tried to but like most of it is I don't know. They've got like a bunch of BMW or sorry BMX bike people. Yeah that are like pretty sick. They've stolen some things from circa Sila, like a two ended ferris wheel thing where like when you go up over the top, the person like jumps and they're like floating like that thing is awesome. So they also had a miniature version of the Boston Dynamics dog. It was just like running around out there that I did. I did not care for that one, but that's okay. Yeah yeah, but I mean, look, they got they got to make up for something they do. They need the Katy Perry giant line in from like her Super Bowl halftime show. I think then yeah, something like that that like has the grandeur of an elephant because like the least yeah, the the little Puppy was I don't know, it was like I think it's maybe that's the replacement for the clowns, which are you know, play on the edge of like creepiness and fun that like kids what will just like wedge in children's unconscious. But anyways, uh, shout out shout out to them for getting rid of the animal cruelty, and for trying some new stuff, I'd suggest maybe less drum solos, which is generally yeah, my advice on most things, less drum solos.
Speaker 2: Yeah, give that a lot when we're producing new shows here.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, we just like dropped the twenty minute drum solo in the middle of this true crime show.
Speaker 2: Fine. I thought it did something, really felt like underscored the violence something. Yeah, too much. I hat work too much. I hat work a little too much.
Speaker 3: What is something you think, Miles is overrid just.
Speaker 1: The Democrats strategy of their just entire political messaging strategy of what about these weirdos to the right of me? Yeah, when just like looking back at the d n C, like, you know, there was a lot of talk about being like, hey, there's like a lot of people like where's the climate change discussion? Like isn't that that's a huge thing last election? And unless unless I missed something and we aren't having the hottest year on record, maybe that would be useful to talk about what's happening.
Speaker 2: But yeah, like it it there was really not much talk about it. On the last day. In commalist speech, you just sort of like alluded to it.
Speaker 1: She's like we have we should have the freedom to live free of pollutants and like bad environment stuff and like okay, okay.
Speaker 3: Stuff like it was yeah yeah, like truly like in not no way where it's like like like a step backwards. For sure, there are.
Speaker 1: I'm willing to be fair and say that this campaign only came together like in the last couple of months and so trying to put together a platform is fucking difficult. But also, like when you have a primary, this is also how people begin to differentiate because you have a primary, you know what I mean, And that's where people can begin to say this is what I'm doing. But because the campaign is in the position they're in, thank God for them, all they need to do is just differentiate. And when it comes to the Republicans, all voters are like, bro, they're not gonna do fucking ship. They're not doing shit about the fucking environment. So that's been like a I think a blessing because that allows the campaign to not really have to talk too much about climate change.
Speaker 3: Blessing for them, not for them.
Speaker 2: Pretty I'm like, you know, I would like to know, and.
Speaker 1: I'm sure something like that will come out, But I think they also the campaigns also benefit from.
Speaker 2: In like the last few.
Speaker 1: Years, the like pulling around like how important climate change is to a voter has also declined. So I think they're like using that to be like, ah, well if they don't care, then do we. Yeah, sort of a thing, which I very much do care. But I think because so much energy has been put into like this is saving democracy rather than like the Earth, Yeah, it's able to sort of slip through the cracks. And then the other thing being that like the Democrats, there was just so much cop energy at the DNC and Warhawk. Yeah, that was unbelievable, like like really really bad freaky characters like cops like who are caught up in there was who is this one guy that me I had his thing here blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. Oh Yeah, there was like this Michigan sheriff who was like working with this weird like far right group like on like Operation under like on like human trafficking nonsense stuff.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: They also like they had a lot of cops up there in twenty twenty, they had you know, like the like grieving relatives of people that have been killed by the police, like go and you know, speak on stage, like people's like people the parents of like Sandra Bland and like George Floyd. But this time it was like an invitation to people just to be there, not to actually speak. And then there was just like a lot of cops on there, just a lot of weird stuff. And again that's because this race is being framed as I'm the former prosecutor and I'm going after the felon who is a freaky piece of shit and and who better like he needs to be busted. So there's a lot of like law and order themes running through this election that has like allowed for again, like twenty twenty it was like we got to stop endless wars. Twenty twenty four. Everybody can get war money. It's on infinite road.
Speaker 3: And now I'm gon war money.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, we got to do something about the cops. The cops and the systemic racis and blah blah blah. And they're like, how about some cops on stage to talk to you? And you know, and then the climate change is reduced to sort of like mention it's not really anything substantial.
Speaker 2: So it's been a real uh.
Speaker 1: Like again, I think so many people are just so burnt out over the threat of Trump that like all this shit just slides through very easily. I think other people who were a little more engaged are kind of like, can we get a little more something here in terms of like these other issues that seem to be really like that were you were using to motivate people four years ago.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but yeah, I felt like, I don't know, I was hoping, based on you know, the pick of walls, like the you know, some of the early economic policies that Harris has talked about. I was hoping that they were going to steer away from like the Clintonian like triangulation where you're basing your policy positions on like what the other people are doing and like just playing defense kind of the whole time, be like, well they we can't like have them like criticize as being soft on crime and we're Democrats, so like we have to go and it like it's called populism a lot that, like, you know, some of the economic policies and you know, basically left leaning policies get called populism because they're popular because because people are like I don't want to drown and you know, die from police violence. And but it feels like once things started going well for them in the polls, they got like it's like a thing that you that happens in sports, where once you get a lead, you change how you're playing, and it's always that you'd like to start playing defensively and trying to protect the lead instead of like continuing to do the thing they got you there. And that's what it feels like they're doing. They're just going into like standard listen to the democratic policy wonks and advisors, and that's a fucking travesty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's I mean, like the Unrealized Gains tax was like something that like on capital gains, Like a lot of people.
Speaker 2: Like, oh that's okay, yeah there's something, there's some stuff there.
Speaker 1: But yeah, you see, just as many people come like obviously I don't think people who are going to support Harris or anyone who isn't Trump, but like that immediate like reaction that people have where they're like, well, I plan on being a millionaire, like you know, because this would only affect people with like one hundred million dollars or more, right, And it's like, well, I certainly don't like that. It's like bro we we're not going to have one hundred million anything. Okay, God, So let's just.
Speaker 3: The climate thing. I've noticed a lot of climate shit with just like reading like uh stray Wall Street Journal headlines and like, you know, uh, the mainstream media really seems to be buying into this thing that it's unrealistic to move off of carbon and you know, uh, fossil fuels like that it's now like that that's always been their move, but like they've moved back to it and they're like, well, we need AI to like continue the economy growing, and AI like requires just enormous amounts of energy. How are we going to fuel that? Like they've moved past the do we fuel that? Do we need AI? Into anybody who says like they're gonna stop using fossil fuels as being unrealistic.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, because like there's so much, so many market factors affecting those op ed pieces too, and be like, well, we can't kick the leg out of like oil and gas quick that quickly unless everyone's fully transition their investments to clean energy. That's why I think Another reason is why a lot of people harp on like the polling about like well are people ready for the shift that quickly. Like there's like there's things where people are a little bit you can see the enthusiasm like waning for how much they favor a transition. It's still like above seventy percent. Yeah, but like they'll point to like, oh, it's dwindling, some kind.
Speaker 3: Of vacationism, And that's how you know it's wrong, because seventy percent of people favorite because they don't want to die in a massive wet bulb heat death. Well, Myles, I'd love to keep talking about this, but I do have to get to my overrated equally important. I think lavender is over it. The scent of lavender. Wait, that's right, Eye Frost said, it, uh, just lavender in general. I don't know like it. It's not not all lavender, Okay, Like I've smelled fresh lavender, like the flower lavender. I think like when you catch in the while you're like, oh, what what is that? But for the most part, lavender just smells like cheap soap to me. And I think, like I did some googling to see if this is like an unheard of take, and like I've seen it compared to the cilantro soap thing that like some people just like, don't fuck with lavender, and other people are like, bathe me in lavender. But yeah, I don't know. And I also don't know if it's if it's something that I've had from the start or if it's just like I've smelled enough cheap lavender hand soap that I'm out. But I definitely associate it with like.
Speaker 2: The elderly, and that's like one of those classics.
Speaker 3: It's a classic, but Grandma's favorite, like perfume. Oh yeah yeah, But it's now how I choose, Like I when I'm choosing a which precise flavor of old spice that I'm going to use for my deodorant, I'm checking for lavender. Notes. You don't let you taste that, you don't give it a little bit, just.
Speaker 2: Becomes it comes in a bottle. I don't think you're supposed to drink it.
Speaker 3: I have fucked up all my senses, man, I need to need to go stronger than a WHI.
Speaker 2: What's that old spice that came in a buzz like the after shape?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I remember seeing that the first time. I'm like, what the fuck is this? Like that's actually how that shit started, Like oh.
Speaker 3: I got I got a version of old Spice that had lavender notes, and I was like, I took me like a long time to get through it. I had to go and go with a different one.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, I I have a I used to have like an aroma therapy like diffuser kind of thing, and lavender always was like the least exciting like it. You're like, I don't know, I think you're just I'm like used to it. Yeah, it doesn't feel like the novelty is gone, the thrill is gone.
Speaker 3: The vanilla of a you know, spa sense mm hmm, you know. Yeah, it's always there. I heard anyways, Sorry lavender there, I said it. Uh no, that's I did. I didn't really say that. It's it's fine, all right, I tell but that's that's pretty cool. If you guys like that, if you like it, whatever, it's cool. Let's take a quick break and we'll be right back to get into some more news. We'll be right back, and we're back.
Speaker 2: We're back.
Speaker 3: And so the big thing that happened on Friday, I think it was RFK Junior dropped out endorsed the only candidate that was returning his phone calls yeah. So it's a big weekend for tweets about Cheryl Hines's real husband being worse than her TV one. I feel like a lot of people made that comparison. I feel like that's unfair to Larry On Curby, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Because that's a TV character.
Speaker 3: And also, you never like killed people.
Speaker 2: It's not like trying to saw the head off of a whale to take.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, so I the whale thing. Like every story that comes out about him, it's worse.
Speaker 2: It's just or weirder.
Speaker 3: It feels like he's trying to summon Satan in a Hannah Barbara cartoon, Like what are you doing to these animals?
Speaker 2: Right right right?
Speaker 3: Song a whale's head off? And like I just want to Yeah, let me just read this because this popped again over the weekend. I assumed this popped because she was in the news for endorsing Trump. It actually popped up because his daughter is now reported to be dating rumored to be dating Ben Affleck. And this was from an interview with her from a number of years ago about an incident when she was six years old around nineteen ninety four. Kennedy caught win. This is a quote that a dead whale had washed up on a beach in Hyannasport, Massachusetts, and rushed out to the scene with a chainsaw and six year old Kick his daughter in tow. He cut the whale's head off, secured it to the roof of his minivan with bungee cords, and made the five hour drive back to the family's home in New York. Every time we accelerated on the highway, whale juice would pour into the windows of the car, and it was the rankest thing on the planet. Kick recalled. We all had plastic bags over our heads with mouth holes cut out, and people on the highway were giving us the finger. So that was just normal day to day stuff for us.
Speaker 1: Please, you know, that's a real memory because like when you're a kid and you see an adult give your car the finger, feel.
Speaker 3: Like, yeah, are they going to kill me?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 3: Why why do they hate us?
Speaker 2: Also, what a solution?
Speaker 1: I think that just again, this sums up perfectly how like Americans saw problems. It's like, why the bungee cord the whale head to the roof and because I couldn't roll the windows up all the way, so whale juice gets in the car rather than to maybe create some kind of seal like at the crack of the window, like put the plastic bags.
Speaker 2: Like just right over the whale juice entry point.
Speaker 3: Put a plastic bag over your six year old daughter's head.
Speaker 1: Bag over your head, and let the whale juice just flow into the fucking car, like, come the fuck on.
Speaker 3: You also put the dead bear cub in the back of his mini van, like this mini van must have been the worst smelling thing on the planet, Like, oh my god, yeah it must.
Speaker 1: I mean, like I think about like when I, like my friend's like little brother puked in like their mini van and you can, like I could smell it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like it's never gonna smell normal again, Like it's always.
Speaker 1: Gonna smell like baby puke in here. And then the whale juice that's supposed to be okay, okay, okay, Yeah, you.
Speaker 3: Might as well just like hose it down with whatever the de Niro uses and heat you know, he's like done with the with the van, spread down with that and light that ship because center. He also has said that he has a thousand cubic foot freezer that he keeps stocked full of road kill meat. So again, let's just do with my brain worm nothing. Yeah, right, exactly, Like if you're wondering how he ended up with a parasite in his brain that has now become all of our problem. He has a freezer full of road kill meat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, straight line to that.
Speaker 1: I wonder how Oh okay, So yeah, you know, my dad's really into like skulls and ship that he just rips off of animals on the side of the road and takes home and then I guess cures them in our garage.
Speaker 3: Is he like trying to put a whales head on his wall like as like a because he's ostensibly like a big environmentalist guy. I can't imagine that he has a lot of animal heads on his study. Probably not me, not this guy.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, I'm an environmentalist.
Speaker 1: When someone else beats me to getting the whalehead, and then I go, you really shouldn't be doing that.
Speaker 3: That's actually messed up, dude, that's just up dad.
Speaker 2: Do you have to keep the bags on? Yeah, keep the bags on. He might leave it. I might be able to talk him out of it. Yeah, yeah, you should really really bad look for you, man, Just leave that whalehead.
Speaker 3: Let leave it be the inside of that car, like what a Lynchian fucking waking nightmare of like two people with bags over their heads with like holes in the mouth and presumably the eyes as like a viscous like gray pink goo leaks into the windows, like can you I can't, I can't imagine.
Speaker 1: I think I'm like I want to put myself in the mind of someone that gives them the finger, like.
Speaker 3: Are you sure you weren't just like pointing at the whalehead and being like, wu, he's like getting all in your kid's mouths and you are drenched in whale juice.
Speaker 1: They're like, no, they were pointing at the roof, not giving us the finger, or you're just so or you're probably just so disturbed.
Speaker 2: By being like what the fuck is on top of them? Is that a fucking sawd off whalehead?
Speaker 3: We also have kids in our car. They are fucking ruined now, yeah, yeah from seeing you?
Speaker 2: What is this anyway?
Speaker 1: So the other thing that was wild was even RFK trying to like justify why he did it when he's like, yeah, well I tried calling both people.
Speaker 2: You're like, are you a fucking loose You're yeah, you are a loser.
Speaker 1: I just want to play this because it's just like it's so like, well, I did my best, and you know, I reached out to Harris too, okay, and.
Speaker 4: Her figure was our elections. Following my first discussion with President Trump, I tried unsuccessfully to open similar discussions with Vice President Harris. Vice President Harris declined to meet or even does you speak with me?
Speaker 2: Oh, I wonder why.
Speaker 1: I just pulled up with my sod Off whalehead on top of my minivan and said I need to speak with the Vice president and just the.
Speaker 3: Most horrendous public health takes possible, like terrifying public health takes.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I like the idea that he's just like I I went with the people who like were willing to talk to me. Is such a loser move, but like because he's just been this creature of absolute privilege for his entire life, like he I guess he doesn't like recognize that.
Speaker 1: No, he's probably just like you, got to just shop around for the best deal no matter what. Morals don't exist, baby, it's only power.
Speaker 2: I like you that.
Speaker 1: Like, Like people were talking about how like Cheryl Hines was saying like she'd get divorced from him if he like endorsed Trump or like alluded to something like that in the past, and now he's like, she, you know, I've made it.
Speaker 2: I've made up. He's like, I made a political decision that she's deeply uncomfortable with.
Speaker 3: But we're good here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh boy.
Speaker 3: Trump happily accepted the endorsement and proclaimed that he will release all the remaining documents pertaining to the assassination of John F. Kennedy if he's elected, but only as part of a proposed new Commission on Presidential Assassination Attempts, which would include the one targeted that targeted him. I just the idea. I don't know. I was a little worried that he was, because, well, we'll get to the JD. Vance thing, because the rumors were also flying that Kennedy was going to replace Vance on the ticket, and I was worried because Vance is one of the best things going for anybody who doesn't want Trump to be the next president. But like Trump just being like, oh, yeah, you're the guy whose uncle was assassinated. Yeah, I'll release all the JFK files as president. Is first of all, why didn't you do that already when you were president? Already? And second ball it's just like kind of dismissive, being like, yeah, oh yeah Kennedy guy. Sure, yeah.
Speaker 1: The clock's also taken on that, like actually being able to switch JD Vans out. I mean, like the time I might.
Speaker 3: Not even be able to get Kennedy off the ballot, like in a bunch of places.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly. It's all it's all a fucking mess. Yeah, but hey, we love, but we love. We love to see.
Speaker 1: Old whalehead mcbrainworms just spiraling and flailing and being.
Speaker 2: Like, well, I spoke to both. I tried to make this offer too. It's like, no, dude, your transactional bullshit is nonsense. To get the fuck out of here.
Speaker 3: I but and yet I am afraid of the idea of Trump bringing him on because JD Vance is such is just so bad. The we I think the donut video came out since we last recorded.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh my god, the showut video. Let's just we should just play. I mean, I'm sure people have heard of it. But there's like this guy pulls up to a donut shop. Yeah, and it's like he caught everyone in the shop off guard. Like so it felt like these people who worked at this donut shop were suddenly inundated with a bunch of white guys in suits and like cameras.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they're like, what the fuck is going on? He's like, Hi, Hi, I'm jd. Van.
Speaker 3: Feels like they're talking to a cop and like, we'd like the way that you're like when a cop is like trying to make small talk, and you know, like this could be like wit badly for me that I could fucking die.
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly, You're like, what what are you trying to get at?
Speaker 3: Bro?
Speaker 1: I know you're not talking to me because you think I'm interesting as a fucking person. So what's the fucking do I fit the description of somebody did some did your bike go missing?
Speaker 2: Anyway? This is this is like a clip of him in this donuts.
Speaker 3: Did your wife go missing?
Speaker 2: Bike? But yeah, he has a big yeah, see guys, have guys seen my wife?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Let me just get like like your bestest flavor donuts whatever dons anyway.
Speaker 2: This is him talking to people who actually work the town.
Speaker 3: Thank you for let us. End of the year, the zoo has come to town.
Speaker 2: So she just says, I don't want to be on film.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and bravo to you miss, always know your fucking boundaries and know you do not have to be some kind of fucking set dressing for this video. And he goes, I'm sorry man, and she she says, I don't want to be on film.
Speaker 2: She she doesn't want to be on film, guys, so just cut her out of anything, man.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 3: Dancing Presidency, Okay, that is that's my favorite part. That's the part that my name is jd Vance'm running for vice president. Okay, what do you want, dude? What do you want from you?
Speaker 2: I give a go what then the best part there? You go, how long you've been working here? What about you? Like?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he just bring people with questions about how long they've been working there with your laugh is.
Speaker 2: Almost two years?
Speaker 3: Good? Okay, good, okay, good?
Speaker 2: Like what do you want? He's like a fucking alien, like just fucking everything.
Speaker 3: He says, we'll do everything. She's like everything. He's like looking at that. He's looking at the donuts in the case in front of him and just like starts naming them. He's like, sprinkle just everything. I mean, a lot of glazed here, a lot of glazed here, some sprinkled stuff. Some of these cinnamon rolls, and then my favorite this, I feel like this is the I just know so many people who talk like this, just whatever makes sense. Yeah, whatever makes sense. No, that's whatever makes sense in terms of the donuts.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, motherfucker.
Speaker 1: This is not a like a Kaiseki Japanese o Ma case type thing where you're just like, hey, man, I trust you, baby, right, I give it up to the fucking chef. No, you're just like, let these people fucking get on with their day and leave them out of your fucking nonsense.
Speaker 3: Feels like somebody who has never interacted with another human being except as a paid consultant, you know, right, Like he's just used to being able to just come into a room and be like, eh, I don't know, man, just whatever makes sense.
Speaker 1: Like and like, the most you you speak to someone like in any service capacity is when you speak to like a server at a restaurant, like even he's never even been to a donut shop, because he could be like he can just summon donuts, you.
Speaker 2: Know, and be like, can we get some donuts in here? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Why don't go ahead and get some donut? Can we get some blah blah blah, And then it shows up. And then now you're in that position, you're like, uh, just whatever makes sense?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 1: Uh? I guess can I get some of those paper towels back there? What no man for us to keep our hands? What do you mean you need paper towels?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 2: And like that, I guess what is that Gojo soap that you guys use? Yeah?
Speaker 3: That too, some of that we got Gojo soap? Got it like a dirty yellow bucket with like amup mop sticking out?
Speaker 2: That's cool, that gojos. I've never seen that. Where do you get that? It's like, I guess mostly in commercial settings. You see this or work?
Speaker 3: Nice? Nice?
Speaker 2: That's cool.
Speaker 1: It's got the star on there, like the star like star of David. Our and our were staunch allies of Israel.
Speaker 3: What how didn't you? He also just has that Desanta's energy where like they keep putting him around junk food despite the fact that he's like wild uncomfortable with sugar and like can't get it, like when he's talking when he's like we'll get two dozen, like he's like says it like it's a punchline to a joke, like he can't believe in saying it. And then doesn't know the name of donuts. I mean a lot of glazed here, some sprinkled stuff, some of these cinnamon rolls. Uh, just whatever makes sense.
Speaker 1: Yep, you've you've passed the test. You are not an android. Yeah, they've they did the thing from Blade Runner on you. Some of the sprinkled stuff and cinnamon role.
Speaker 3: Thank you people are Now there's a polling guy ed Injermentum is like kind of a left wing pulling expert who has been making the case the case since the Vance pick that like he's the worst VP pick. But he like went through and like compared him to every pick in the modern in modern history and is like, no, Vance is the worst, like Palin is the one that everybody points to and like became a flop in retrospect, but you know, sucked up all the oxygen in the room. And like he you actually could see what he was thinking, whereas like Trump didn't need to do get like five picks that made more sense for him than Vance. But like he was he was just already beyond the election of it all. He was just like, all right, how who's going to help me like go full authoritarian fascism on this ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he's like, oh, I'll get the Silicon Valley money with JD and get there buy in with JD even like Bergram would have even been better at I mean honestly a cardboard cutout of a fucking hitler.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he would pull better yeah than actual JD vance.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I and I yeah, I just feel like it. There's something like both how bad strategically the pick is looking right now, and also like he was the thing that there was. He made the pick like the day after the assassination attempt, like the first day of the Republican National Convention, and it was the first time like I remember we were talking about and we're like, wait, that's that's like a really bad move, right, Like that's right, Is there a chance he's going to like fuck this up? And since then it's just been kind of all bad news for you.
Speaker 1: He did, he did, Hey, man, he did. Always listen to your coked out kids. Yeah, they've got good ideas.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: Let's take a quick break and we'll be back with more news. And we're back.
Speaker 2: We're back.
Speaker 3: Just a bit of non election based news before we get back into election stuff. It has been confirmed that the Boeing star Liner will be returning to Earth without its crew because it's too fucked up. The two astronauts currently stuck on the International Space Station will remain stuck up there until February twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Oh that's the play. I remember.
Speaker 1: It's either that or they come like that. They would come back with the net like the crew that's on there.
Speaker 3: They'll come back on the next one. Yes, with the creek on there in February twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: How long would they have been in space for? Is it okay? Can you be in space that long?
Speaker 3: It's yeah, I mean people, I think the record is like a year. But again they were not They were planning to be up there for a week, So you actually don't know the record. I just know that the record is like more than this, but it's such a bad look. It's a bad look for them, and also the fact that like SpaceX can only get around to helping them out in eight months. Also, like I thought, I think the way the media was covering SpaceX, it was like, yeah, they're just like popping up to the ISS, no big deal, like every every other week. Right, So yeah, I don't know that.
Speaker 1: I mean, freaky I don't know, like that's just like, I know, I'm sure obviously you're an astronauts, you're comfortable, but as a lay ground person, earthling, I'm like, dude, what I'm like if someone was like, yo, bro, we're gonna have to come get you in about the fucking like six months, hey man, can you can you kick it there till February?
Speaker 2: What till February? February?
Speaker 3: Fuck?
Speaker 2: What the fuck?
Speaker 3: Bro?
Speaker 2: What's going on?
Speaker 3: Hey man?
Speaker 1: There's a lot of argument going on down here, so yeah, yeah, it sucks. I think the record I'm just seeing is four hundred thirty seven Continuous Days in Space by Valerie Polyakov.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Russia doesn't give a fuck, so they'll go for that record, you know, just oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: He came back with with the space loonyes medical term.
Speaker 3: It is just wild though, like that. You know, everyone loves privatization and de regulation in the United States, and we get private space travel involved in the mix, and now we have just like weird shit like this where it's just a bunch of corporations. Like if Apollo thirteen were made today, it would be Tom Hanks being jerked around by like very like most of the movie would be like corporate board meetings where they're talking about the ideas you're talking about, like the optics of bringing them back, and yeah.
Speaker 1: I'd imagine, yeah, if like, you know, NASA had robust budgets, that the problem could be addressed sooner. No, am I off there, because I just know every time I read about NASA, it's like budgets are just going down and down and down and down, and we get and all that money is being shifted to like SpaceX or fucking boeing yea SpaceX.
Speaker 4: Got it.
Speaker 3: We're good here, all right. It does feel like the Republicans are attempting to do some damage control by pretending that they don't have the politics that they have Trump, Like over the weekend, he was bragging that his administration will be great for women and their reproductive rights and that the Republican Party is charging forward on many fronts and I am very proud that we are a leader on IVF Oh hey, that's specifically the thing that it was revealed.
Speaker 2: It's also like wild.
Speaker 1: Even for messaging when you know we know you aren't good for you like that, they couldn't even just say that until now we're going to be great for women.
Speaker 2: You're not. You're not, you never were and never will be.
Speaker 1: And then back to that end, like jd Vance is also out here doing damage control. I mean, like the other thing too, is like Kamala Harris, it looks like now is opened up like a seven point national lead and polling and places like Georgia and North Carolina becoming like real possibilities of being being a get for that, and so like, while all that's happening, like you have Trump, who, according to former aids, and just like what we've seen is retreating more and more and more and less and less engaged. Like they're like, dude, all this dude, this dude's just playing golf and watching Fox News and getting angry at the TV. And they're like, he's truly his presidency. Yeah, yeah, yeah exactly, But they're like he's not. He doesn't even he can't even get out of not even first gear. He's still in park bro Ye, Like he's not even in fucking The ignition is off. But luckily he does have jd Vance to help sort of, you know, pull the carcass over the line and say things like this when he was on Meet the Press on Sunday and basically was like, oh, National Abortion Band.
Speaker 2: Oh no, we don't. Oh no, no, no, no, we don't like that at all. I'm just gonna play this.
Speaker 1: This is when Christian Welker is asking him this question, and his answer was is a real not head scratcher, but holy shit.
Speaker 5: Democrats made the case this week and beyond this week that Donald Trump, if elected, will pose a federal ban on abortion if he wins. Now, Donald Trump says he won't. But can you commit, Senator sitting right here with me today, that if you and Donald Trump are elected, that you will not impose a federal ban on abortion.
Speaker 2: I can absolutely commit that, Christen. Donald Trump has been as clear about that as possible.
Speaker 1: I think it's important to step back and say, what is Donald Trump actually set on the abortion question.
Speaker 2: I mean, he said, you know, he's for a twenty week ban, he's for a fifteen week ban.
Speaker 3: He's very said that abortion is the killing of babies after they're born.
Speaker 2: You know, the Democrats are murdering them after birth. It needs to end. I don't know. That's the stuff I can.
Speaker 1: Kind of remember just off the top of my literal dome right now, and not even getting a third of the way through.
Speaker 2: But it's just a man. These people again, especially JD.
Speaker 1: Vance, like his on record advocating for every kind of abortion ban imaginable, and their entire evangelical basically demands that this be part of the party platform.
Speaker 3: I think it's important that we take a step back and just a cherry parble, like three random sentence fragments that misconstrue what Donald Trump says about abortion.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, And thank you for giving me the opportunity to create a headline which says Donald Trump will veto federal abortion band and hopefully people will just read a headline and then move on with their day, because let's remind ourselves that there's not a single example, and I'll just I'll narrow the window just from the time most of us can remember in the last ten years where a conservative running for office or a Supreme Court seat was saying I promise that I will protect abortion rights and then they actually did that.
Speaker 3: Right, that's kind of their thing to say this, whatever the fuck they want.
Speaker 1: They are, Yeah, they are the party like all politicians just having got your little fingies crossed behind your bag and go, yeah, well, probably you promise we promise, And this has been like a pivot that they've done because they knew how bad of a fucking issue, like how bad they're losing on this issue, is to be like, well, we really just think it's like a state's rights thing, you know. So if in California they have one, that's what Jadvance goes on to say, like they have one culture that they want to do and like and they want to protect, then that's their right to do that. But if another state feels that that's not right for their people, then you know, we're just gonna let them decide, which is absolute chicken shit nonsense, because it doesn't mean every person in every state is unanimous on what rights they want or don't right, So, but yeah, thank you for that. And also a fucking shame on MSNBC. They just pucking fucking air that shit, because it's all I'm seeing is like there's obviously been a rebuttal to this, and a lot of people are pointing out that it's horseshit, but it has like you are seeing the sort of headlines that if you are being completely uncritical, mouth wide open and go, oh well Trump said, he oh, I guess he's softening worship, which is what most like. Some people are stupid enough to believe that, but most people just want to hear the words, see the words on paper.
Speaker 2: Yeah, make them feel good enough to vote for them. This is what they do on both sides. But this is very much an example right now for them to be like, no, no, not that extreme other extreme.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it's up.
Speaker 2: It's up to it's up to the men who run the state you're in.
Speaker 3: That's right, all right. Uh. We are fifteen days away from the second presidential election debate, the first featuring the actual candidates who will be on the ballot this November, and now it seems like it may not happen after all. I mean, this was this was a speculation and the lead up to the one that changed everything, where Biden just had his mouth open for most of the debate and kind of looked like he was mid pant shitting. But it's like I remember, before that one, we were like Trump's gonna back out. He does seem to like to keep that speculation in the air.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you could see why he ended up doing it though, because he was like my favorite, my favorite opponent to push around. Joe Biden and now that it's changed, I don't know. Well, it's hard to know because he probably in his mind he's like, I should do it and I'll be completely unhinged up there and that will help or not, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So on Sunday night he posted about ABC fake news. He's still doing the fake news thing that they because they said something he didn't like during ABC's This Week and they were just drawing attention to the ship he had said about like the Medal of Honor and how.
Speaker 2: Just quoting him.
Speaker 1: And then he's like a kindle of Trump haters like, I don't know if these are they're literally playing clips of you talking.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he said, why would I do the debate against Kamala Harris on the net? On that network? But another issue, and it seems like this is the one that is actually you know, hindering things behind the scenes. Is has to do with negotiations between the two campaigns concerning the debate rules and specifically the micro So the mics are usually left off during debates. Biden's team specifically negotiated for the candidate's mics to be turned off when they aren't speaking out of fears of like being interrupted by Trump. That seemed to be his strategy in the Biden debates in twenty twenty, like just kind of talking over him and just never stopping. Uh, And I mean he seemed like pretty unhinged. I don't think any of those debates went well for Trump, But I think also they were likeetically it allowed.
Speaker 2: Him to just be there. Yeah, yeah, I think that's I think people respond to.
Speaker 3: They probably had some sense that like, Biden not great with distractions at this point, he's not great at like staying.
Speaker 1: On doors crazy When I didn't know Trump could juggle to throw Biden, he goes, hey, what about this joke over there?
Speaker 3: But so now Harris's team wants Biden's no mike during the while the other persons speaking scrapped. She wants the hot mics. She wants both like left on because, as her champaign has admitted, they think Trump won't be able to keep his ship together. Uh. They even suggested that Trump's handlers are hiding these negotiations from him because they don't want to admit that they don't think their candidate can act presidential for ninety minutes on his own.
Speaker 1: Well, which no lives detected. No inaccuracy is detected there. Yeah, yeah, it's I mean he's like, if I don't show, I think the Harris campaign is like, well we'll be there.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it would just be like a holy show for the Harris Walls campaign. The hot mic thing.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's God, he doesn't he doesn't seem like he's at his sharpest mile. No, he's no a few weeks you know.
Speaker 1: That's why it's like, yeah, man, just just fucking yeah, just burn upon burn up on re entry.
Speaker 2: Man, like they just fucking just go for it. Just just hey man, as Eminem says, just fucking lose yourself. Bro. Oh man, you know what I mean. You only get one shot. This is it.
Speaker 3: There's almost for no way that he doesn't play that song to get himself pumped up before.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. Yeah I don't think it's probably, you know, knowing his musical taste.
Speaker 3: Yeah, probably not. It's probably just playing Phantom of the Opera. Jimmie Dance is definitely playing that though, or.
Speaker 1: Some like fucking third Reich like Brass March type thing. He's like, oh I love Bogner, just love stuff. Just makes you feel real powerful.
Speaker 2: Or maybe Charlie XCX who knows.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Trump is so bratt all right. Those are some of the things that are trending on this Monday morning. We are back tomorrow with a whole last episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, being kind to yourself, and get the vaccine. Don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk to you tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Fight later,