Speaker 1: You just realized your business needed to hire someone yesterday. How can you find amazing candidates fast? Easy? Just use Indeed. Stop struggling to get your job posts seen on other job sites. With Indeed sponsored jobs, your post jumps to the top of the page for your relevant candidates, so you can reach the people you want faster. According to Indeed data, sponsored jobs posted directly on Indeed have forty five percent more applications than non sponsored jobs. Don't wait any longer, speed up your hiring right now with Indeed, and listeners of this show will get a seventy five dollars sponsored job credit to get your jobs more visibility at indeed dot com slash pod Katz thirteen. Just go to Indeed dot com slash pod Katz thirteen right now and support our show by saying you heard about Indeed on this podcast. Terms and conditions apply. Hiring Indeed is all you need.
Speaker 2: What is one sect all of us are looking to invest in over the next year that is essentially inflation proof and recession proof For.
Speaker 3: Me, absolutely without a shadow of a doubt, healthcare and leading player in that space.
Speaker 4: Eli Lilly, I'm from Indiana.
Speaker 3: I have a ton of friends that work in Indianapolis, work at Lily, but anyone who is familiar, they are my leading player in that space. So if we look at the growth, even because there was a lot of companies that did well post COVID in a healthcare space but not mainly have done as well as Eli Lilly. If we go back to twenty fourteen, the stock was at fifty dollars and seventy eight cent. It's at three hundred and seventeen dollars now and twenty seven cent. And they've continuously had stable growth, stable gains and technically they've had maybe one bad month since twoy and eleven. One bad month, and it's it's Eli Lily is one of those companies, like Tim Duncan, is underappreciated because it's not the flashes. It's like, well, I don't have a cure for corona in two days, and if you drink this tea with this Elderberry syrup, right, They've consistently throughout shout out to everybody who likes Elderberry. It helped me when I had COVID. Thank you so far. But when I am looking at healthcare companies that have consistent growth and a stock that I never lose sleepover Eli.
Speaker 4: Lily is the lead player that I would draft that is inflation and recession proof.
Speaker 2: Ah.
Speaker 5: Man, you know what I wrote too, because I figured you'd probably say healthcare, But I had healthcare.
Speaker 4: And the number one reason I.
Speaker 5: Wrote it was because people always going to get sick, Like that's something that it doesn't matter recession and not. People always going to get sick, people always going to need treatment, people always going to need medicine that will it doesn't matter what the financial climate is. And so you have Lily on, of course, I know you would, but I wrote down a few others. I had CVS on there, just just the strong companies Johnson and Johnson obviously five hours and so what they did and like one of these slept on companies that nobody really thinks about, Walgreens, right, Like people are always gonna need treatment, They're gonna need their medicine, They're gonna need to get it from somewhere.
Speaker 4: These are just solid companies.
Speaker 5: So I had healthcare, but also had agriculture in there as well, right, And I spoke about it kind of on when we are at the breakfast club, like what is these one of these recession proof areas and I'm like, well, are we always gonna need food?
Speaker 4: Yeah? And then based on the conversation, one of the you know, the conversation.
Speaker 5: We had as made even more evident, like I'm glad this came up, and I'm like, wait, we're always gonna need food, right, we should be looking at the commodities or looking at companies.
Speaker 4: And I spoke about it.
Speaker 5: I talked about Kellogg's, I talked about Campbell, like these are just steady companies that are consistent no matter the economic climate, because we're always going to need food. So agriculture, healthcare. I knew he was gonna say healthcare, so that's why I came up with another one. But sometimes the right answer is the one that we unanimously agree upon. So for everyone listening, we both agreed on healthcare. Please write that down.
Speaker 3: If you're looking for something outside of tech that probably I won't say it should be the second industry or sector that you're looking to invest in for sure.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I'll actually go a different direction with this conversation, and I'm gonna give him some insight to that conversation that we.
Speaker 6: Had on Saturday.
Speaker 2: On Sunday, hit you I'm gonna hit you out with something that what Jay said, I'm hit you out with some something that could change your life up. Very insightful insight that was given to us about seller's market and bias market. There's only there's there's two types of markets in this world, sellers market in the bias market and the gentleman Kaisa. So say, we'll call him who who is giving us this this this talk? And you know, I was talking to him and I'm like, all right, you know, He's like, I only want to be in in seller's market. I don't want to be in a bias market.
Speaker 4: What do you what do you me?
Speaker 2: Like, all, let me explain it to you in the way that you can probably understand. He's like, when you go to a gas station, have you ever seen anybody negotiate the prices of gas at the gas station? I know I've never seen it before. Right, whatever it is, you just pay it. He's like, like, where we live in, the light company is called Connetison. Like Connetisin they give you your light bill and you pay it, and if you don't pay it, then they cut your lights off. Yes, gas certain things that's just not negotiable and even once so far they say, you know, even luxury items has become a seller's market, where like Louis Vaton, you haven't seen a sell rolex. You're not negotiating prices of a rolex. You just buy it if you can buy. If you're either you need an invitation to buy, yeah, if you're even lucky enough to even get one. In reverse, the seller the seller's market. The buyer's market is like a flea market. So like you go to a flea market, somebody has a painting for one hundred dollars, you say, I got fifty dollars for you. You settle on on seventy five or people, you know, you're always doing discounts and different things of that nature, and fifty percent off sales, stuff like that. That's more of a buyer's market because now the buyer is in control. And he was saying that that's not really sustainable and it's not something that you want to be in as a business owner. So we had a whole half an hour conversation about that, and he was saying that, you know, he didn't he doesn't really he's not even really a big fan of.
Speaker 6: The stock market.
Speaker 2: But he did say two stocks and specifically that he thought were sell it with buyers with sellers market, he said, selling market.
Speaker 4: And which one where they were shot?
Speaker 6: Please enlighten us. We may have heard of Apple, yes, and Microsoft.
Speaker 3: Mike right there, like put Microsoft right here? Put then yes, please do.
Speaker 2: So he explained. He explained why he thought that Apple and Microsoft fit in that category, and he was like, you know, Apple has become such a such a necessity of life. He kind of compared it to He was like, no, you have to like food is a necessity, transportation on certain levels of necessity. Light is a necessity. He's like, your cell phone has become a necessity. Yes, like it's the most affordable, it's not negotiable. And especially when they have when you add in all their verticals, they are in a seller's market and they can constantly increase their prices. They can do whatever they want, and they really have no other alternative in mass to erase them. And then he and then he starts talking about Microsoft as well, or all of their different verticals, and he was saying that they are in a seller's market.
Speaker 4: Right now, what do I know but everything?
Speaker 6: So I just thought that that was interesting.
Speaker 2: So I say that to say, of course Apple and Microsoft, but any anything that is a seller's market is where you want to be and where you want to be invested in, and where it's non negotiable when you have to do it, where the price is only going to go up over the course of time, and it's just that's just what it is.
Speaker 3: I imagine if there was a software company that predicted what the market was going to go, gave you the prices for four hedge funds did and they were more accurate than Goldman Citadel Earners.
Speaker 4: What's up?
Speaker 5: You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like the checkout is fast, their seats are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds. Odds are they're using Square. We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one.
Speaker 4: Of our merch partners.
Speaker 5: Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run and grow. It's not just about payments, It's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most Ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot Com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward. This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure, they definitely can be, but understanding a professional's routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to save, plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIC.
Speaker 7: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day in prison and deported. You will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 4: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 3: Credit sweets right, what would that be worth? That is the red pan of stock club. You can join this for shock.
Speaker 4: Put the Lincoln Byo sellers market right, because if you frame.
Speaker 3: It more accurate than Kathy up there with no regrets like some of the greats of all time. I mean, I know four months ago, six months ago, that bitcoin twenty k price sounded crazy. When it's at fifty five thousand. Now people are begging to break above twenty four thousand, hovering around eighteen or nineteen thousand. That is a so when people even be like, well, stock Club is a lot for ten grand. Every advisor that I've ever talked to, they're like, if you, if I were you, I would be charging ten thousand per call for the prices you're giving sellers mark it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, it's a seller's market.
Speaker 2: The price what it is. Brad Panda has become a seller's market. Invest Fest has become a seller's marketing market because it was like even like when we was leading up towards the Investmentest, it just every day it just kept getting crazy and crazy, and we was worried about capacity and how do we limit capacity?
Speaker 6: Just raise the price? Can we raise the pride?
Speaker 2: People still find it and the demand crew every ding it's a different announcement, Dan Cathy and Tyler Perry and all these people, And now it becomes there's no discounts, not running discount for invest Fest. There's no fifty percent off sale price is only going up because the value is there.
Speaker 4: The value of the brand's going up. Seller's market.
Speaker 2: There's no alternative. So it's it's a sellers it's a seller's mark. You've created a monopoly. Now you have a seller's market. And yeah, no different Louisvaton seller's market.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the key is and that's the Apple vertical is crazy because they've created three different verticals that became its own sellers market. So like that's the thing, Like, now that you've become one, how do you create one inside of it?
Speaker 4: So, I mean, it's just a brilliant strategy.
Speaker 2: The sellers market thing. That's one of the that's one of the best things I've ever heard ever.
Speaker 6: I say.
Speaker 2: I have to say, it's like every Monday, we give you advice, but sometimes you got to get the information and make your own decisions. So now you have the information about sellers marketing. Right, So now the homework for you is to look to see what's the top seller markets in the world.
Speaker 6: Right? What is it?
Speaker 4: Energy?
Speaker 2: Is it, medicine, is it farming? Is it what is the top seller markets in the world?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: Research that and research who has the biggest market share who are the most dominant companies. Those are probably the companies that you want to be invested in because they don't have any competition in the space and they have to. Like one thing about it. Every human being has to drink water. That's a seller's market. That's a seller's market.
Speaker 4: Your kid's covered, but yes, label's covered.
Speaker 2: You have to drink water, you have to eat food, you have to have lights, you have to be able to go places like these are all sellers markets.
Speaker 4: Of lobbying.
Speaker 3: Homework Assignent number two who created that there had to be insurance for drivers and healthcare. Now you lobby your way into insurance being mandatory, which is a seller's market, and it is the biggest buildings in any city that you normally go into are either banks or insurance companies.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it did your seller's market.
Speaker 5: The interesting thing is just like open your eyes to opportunity. Like when you do that type of research, it's like I used to call it like going down the rabbit hole, and every time you went down deeper you just found out more information.
Speaker 4: But like really walk outside.
Speaker 5: Like when we spoke to to kas It, we were just he's just walking outside, just walking outside, looking at opportunity. Every step he took he saw opportunity, and it was like, wait, that's how we should be looking at life like this opportunity and everything. So that even doing that type of research of finding who has a seales market, like, it's going to lead you to more information, more information, and then your lens, your perspective on the world and on life, it's gonna change. I mean, that's the type of power. Like in an hour we took that from a conversation.
Speaker 4: It was incredible.
Speaker 3: And I always said Sean Parker had a great idea what napster. The entire music industry vilified him and then was happy to do business with Steve Jobs. And then Steve Jobs came in with podcasting, which is essentially digital radio and killed radio. And even when people do podcasts, they'd be like, hey, I'm ready to pod, not knowing that the original format too broadcast on a podcast was the iPod, and then they tied in their AirPod to it now to listen to. So you're from a subconscious branding standpoint, no one's like, yoah, I'm ready to stitch you today, shout out to stitch you. I love you guys. I used the app for many years, right, So think of how you can even create your own seller's market in the industry for what you're in, or as I used to call the ultimate competitive advantage. You have to be able to do something that no one else in the world can do. Amazing conversation though, amazing.
Speaker 4: I'm glad you brought that up.
Speaker 5: I was just reading that like last week, about the branding of the word podcast and it's coming from the actual iPod.
Speaker 4: I think about that.
Speaker 5: It's like band aid, right, like, yes, that that abrasive adhesive is not the word, right, we think of his band aid because that's the brand. But like podcasts forever will be synonymous with iPod, which would be synonymous for Apple.
Speaker 6: And some things.
Speaker 2: Some things are sellers markets, like petroleum, like you know, these things are sellers markets. But then some things are biased markets. But you can create a seller's market niche inside of it, so like close more of a bias market, right, but you have some like let's take it even nicher sneakers. Sneakers is really a bias market as a whole. But you have you have pockets like Yeezy, like Jordan brand, like you know, high end Nike Exclusive where that's actually a seller's market. So I was asking like, well, how do you create a seller's market? How do you create your own niche in the seller's market in the bias market? You So you can do it, but it's like having a needle through a haystack. It's very hard. Like Supreme like they've been able to do that, but it took years to do that, ter So the easier route is just to pick a seller's market as opposed to picking a bias market and making your services a seller's market inside of a bias market.
Speaker 4: So yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 2: So yeah, so when you when you're starting your business, that's something to consider, and when you're looking to invest in a business, that's something to consider.
Speaker 3: That was the point I was going to say, So for everyone who's thinking like, well, okay, you guys mentioned in business talking points sometimes marketing, but these are the things that you need to research to see what's going to become incredibly competitive and allureing to go public. So if we look at Stripe, process is very easy. They've kind of created their own sellers market, where I don't hear many business owners outside saying they want to use PayPal over Stripe. So when they become public and everyone asked me, like, what's the IPO I'm looking forward to, that's probably the only one PayPal had a chance in ninety nine, two thousand and two thousand and one. But Stripe you don't hear all the horror stories that you used to hear in comparison to PayPal about locking up accounts for weeks or months. So they have created their own seller's market, Amonth's business community, and when they go public, I am pretty sure the stock is going to do pretty damn well.
Speaker 4: It'll be five years the biggest ib ON history easily.
Speaker 2: My graduates from my school being force backdrop.
Speaker 6: Bag drop, Mike, drop backdrop drop.
Speaker 5: Behind those warm and cozy nights at home, thousands of employees at BP go to work every day. People producing more US natural gas, people building grid scale solar capacity, turning landfill waste gas into pipeline quality renewable natural gas, and people delivering all of that power where it's needed. They're part of almost three hundred thousand jobs VP supports across the country.
Speaker 6: Learn more at VP dot com.
Speaker 1: Slash Investing in America