Speaker 1: Crime Stories with Nancy Grace. The Nolan Wells investigation into the death of a Shining Star Nolan Wells has an altercation. Witness emerged a witness that claims she saw an altercation at Horn Island good evening. I'm Nancy Grace. This is Crime Stories. I want to thank you for being with us. A Nolan Wells phone evidence torpedo.
Speaker 2: Two confirmed witnesses that saw Nolan Wells on the island around six pm. The triton, as you said, left around four thirty.
Speaker 1: What witnesses where?
Speaker 3: Who?
Speaker 1: What, where, why and when?
Speaker 4: I have not spoken publicly about this before, but I witnessed an altercation involving Nolan Wells from a boat nearby. What I saw has stayed with me, and I believe it's important information. I have provided or intend to provide my account to the appropriate investigators because Nolan's family deserves the truth. Out of respect for the ongoing investigation, I won't speculate beyond what I personally observed. While I was on the boat near the area, I witnessed an altercation involving Nolan Wells and several other individuals. I saw what appeared to be an argument that escalated after there was a dispute involving Nolan's phone. I heard Nolan yelling for his phone to be returned. The argument continued after the group reached Sore and I observed a physical fight involving Nolan and multiple people. I also observed a young woman telling them to stop. At that point, I left the area because the situation had appeared to be getting worse. I did not remain long enough to witness what happened afterward. Everything beyond what I personally observed would be speculation, so I cannot honestly say what occurred after I left. Then she said she messaged one of the individuals that she saw. Hey, I just want to say I was a passenger on another boat and I saw the argument between you guys, and we'll go to the police with this information. I also have video footage my husband doesn't show much, but it shows the argument that was taken and how you guys were upset at Nolan because of the young lady.
Speaker 1: That from secret Service. Sam on TikTok okay, how is this helping the investigation. I'm trying to make sense of so many people online making comments. Now, if this is true, if there is a witness who has a husband with her on the boat, and they took a certain amount of video. It could change everything, especially if the video is time stamped straight out to veteran trial lawyer at defense attorney Philip Dubay joining me. He's joining us out of LA formerly in the Public Defender's office. They try a ton of cases, Philip. First of all, has she turned it into police? She said she was. If she hasn't, I give her no credibility at all. Look, I want this to be true. Why because I want the video. I want to see the time stamp on the video. I want to see was he still on Horn Island at four point thirty when his acquaintance is on the Triton boat left? I want that video. And if she hasn't brought this forward to l E law enforcement, then it means nothing to me. I mean, if I know a young man turns up dead in the water, and I know there's a controversy surrounding this, I mean, we know she knows that because she's gone online and posted it, then why not hand it over to police?
Speaker 5: Agreed, and it should go to the grand jury for part of their investigation. But I got to tell you if I were cross examining her, should this even go to trial? The first question I'd asked her on that fourth of July what she had been drinking before that video got activated?
Speaker 6: Everybody would want to work him up.
Speaker 5: How many people were play?
Speaker 1: Have you lost your mind? You defend criminal cases. I bet everybody you put on the stand has either been high, drunk or worse during the altercation. Every witness is not a nun, a priest, or a virgin. Everybody on Horn Island was drinking. Man, what are you talking about. I don't care if she took a drink. I want the video.
Speaker 5: You want the truth?
Speaker 7: Is what you want?
Speaker 5: You want the truth? And yeah, and that would be the video, remember Nancy.
Speaker 1: Okay, but it's not consistent. Brandon Tatum is joining us. So after all that, all you have to say is was she drinking? That's what that's your takeaway from that? Joining me is Brandon Tatum forign police Officer Tucson now star of the Officer Tatum on YouTube, who famously has interviewed the acquaintances, who all say they had nothing to do with it. Let's just put that out there. He's interviewed them extensively. I want to talk about not what you want to talk about, Brandon Tatum, which is they had nothing to do with this because I met them and I believe them, so noted. Can we talk about a potential witness to an altercation and she seems to suggest it was over Katie. Why don't know what the altercation was. Maybe it was hey, leave her alone and get on the boat, or leave her alone, she's my girlfriend, or it could be anything. But if there is a witness placing Nolan seemingly in the water, I can't tell that. But having an argument with another person, a partier at Horn Island, that is significant. It could prove or disprove your friend's timeline.
Speaker 8: Well, Nancy, I think that it's a big obstacle to climb here because I've never heard of this altercation whatsoever. Nobody that I've talked to have alluded that this altercation was real, and alsow Katie, whom I saw her text messages, she didn't even say this altercation occurred. What I will say is that if I was an investigator in this investigation, I want to hear that. I want to be able to compare that information to other things that we may have other witness statements, but I don't think it's significant because it doesn't show if Nolan Wells was actually killed in that altercation. She's claiming that there was an altercation between him arguing with somebody else. There was a potential fight, but that doesn't get me to how did he drown, how did he get in the water, and how did he not recover and come home.
Speaker 7: To his family.
Speaker 8: So I would take that into consideration, I would compare that to the other with interviews that I've done, but I don't think it's significant whatsoever. However, I would be incredibly skeptical because there's no other statements that I've heard from anybody that comes even close to an altercation with Nolan Wells and others over a girl.
Speaker 1: Number one, He's dead shortly after an alleged altercation with another male we think over a woman. See in my world, I put together both circumstantial and direct evidence. Direct evidence would be, for instance, DNA or a fingerprint. Circumstantial evidence is the timing of the alleged altercation and his death. Right there's some kind of altercation on Horn Island just before he dies, and they were.
Speaker 8: Well Nancy she's not saying he lost the fight. She's not saying that he got beat up. If you look at the autopsy, there's no clear signs of blunt force trauma to his face or any of the vital areas that could kill him. So it doesn't appear that there is any indication that he lost a fight, that there was enough trauma in this particular fight that would lead to his death. And when you look at the autopsy, there is no blunt force trauma to his face. There is no lacerations or damages to the back of his head. This is rettness that was underneath the skin.
Speaker 1: Are you looking at the spring because I'm looking at a big red mark on the back of his head.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but this is underneath the skin.
Speaker 8: This is not a big red gash that's in the back of his head, which would be consistent with blunt force trauma. This is something that occurred underneath the skin that could have been from pooling of blood after his death due to you know, Okay, to explain some I got it. I don't want I'll let the experts talk about specifics, but it doesn't appear.
Speaker 1: Let's do that. But I want everyone to understand why Officer Tatum is here. Officer Tatum and Philip Debay and others on our panel tonight are taking a particular side right. It's called cross examination, and it is similar to what happens in court. A theory emerges, a line of questioning emerges, and the other side tested with fire under cross examination, and then hopefully you get to the truth. Right now, we're talking about an alleged eyewitness to an altercation just before Nolan Wells is dead. If she has not handed this over to the police, it doesn't mean a hill of beans to me. But Tatum has a good idea and that is, let's let an expert discuss it to Joseph Scott Morgan, death Investigator, Professor Forensics, Jacksonville State University. You can see him now on a hit podcast. It's on YouTube Body Bags with Joseph Scott Morgan Joe Scott. If there had been not a blunt force trauma that Officer Tatum is describing, but a fist fight, If there had been a fist fight plus body in water for multiple days, body decomposition, would you expect to see red marks on the hands at that juncture on the face, what would you expect if there had been a fisticuffs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you would see well, first off, above discolored areas like consistent with contusions. If there are facial strikes or just body blows, you can actually see a braided areas over the surface of his fingers. And these are very subtle sometimes and if there is decomposition, which we believe there is, particularly or the second autopsy that was performed, he didn't make note of this. And can I go one more step with this? And this is kind of graphic, but people need to understand this. This physician that did the second autopsy actually did what's referred to as a coronal sectioning of the face. So there were multiple incisions made into Nolan's face in this autopsy, this second autopsy, and this guy didn't see anything. He didn't see anything that was of import relative or indicative of blunt force trauma. And I would think that if there was contact, particularly if he's fighting a group of people these sorts of things, you're gonna have injuries probably on the leading leading edges or what we refer to as the blade of the arm right here on the forearm, the back of the hands, the knuckles as points of contact, and certainly if there's facial strikes going on with him, which we find would force trauma many times with fisticuffs, as you say, you'll see these strikes, You'll see you'll see marks on the face. There's nothing to indicate that in the second autopsy. Now what the state has I don't know, but I do know this. I know they're saying they're done with the autopsy and it's complete, which means the gross findings and the autopsy room, the tox the histology. That means that that autopsy report is complete. They just hadn't released their findings yet.
Speaker 1: Crime Stories with Nancy Gray, the autopsy is complete. There are reports that there is no cocaine in no one's system as uncorroborated reports, but a good source no cocaine in the system, Joe Scott. When the body has been in the elements such as the water for that long, how can I confirm if he had been drinking or not.
Speaker 2: Oh, you can still pull a ba blood alcohol or blood ethanol level as it's referred to. And again, Nancy, we're not talking about someone that has been down for weeks and weeks. We can still do the ba UH and it can come from urine blood. We can still draw urine uh and find it pretty effectively. Uh, you'll have what's referred to as qualitative We've talked about this before, and I know you understand that, but so so our friends understand. You have a qualitative amount which they say, yes, it is present, and then you have a quantitative amount where they do the measurement of the BAC. Uh, the blood alcohol content. You know, just think about d w I, d U I, wherever you're from. Uh, you know, those those levels and we get up to those lethal levels. That's really what I'm interested in relative and yeah, I'm interested in any of the other toxicological findings you might have relative to anything liiccit or illicit drugs, but particularly with alcohol, because that has been kind of this thing that has been said over and over and over again. Well, let me see it. I want to know what the blood alcohol level was like, and historically, I would like to know what his level of experience has been with alcohol, as you well know because of the cases you've worked on in the past. Nancy, if you're a lightweight, if you've never had anything to drink, and you start taking on copious amounts of alcohol, you know, and you're kind of a neophyte in this area. It can have very very lethal outcomes.
Speaker 1: Well, let me understand Joe Scott Morgan joining US Star body Bags with Joseph Scott Morgan on YouTube and Death Investigator. When I'm asking you, even if the body has been in the elements for a period of days, can I still get a blood alcohol? Maybe not from urine, but you certainly can't do a blow test. But can you take human tissue from one of the organs and extract a blood alcohol from human tissue?
Speaker 2: It'd be very difficult. Generally, the lever the liver is the best candidate will spin that down. We'll take a section of it, spin it down and liquefy it. But again, I submit to you, Nancy, that he has not been down long enough to compromise the ability to get at least a quantitative amount. Yeah, to get a ba okay.
Speaker 1: To Philip Dubay joining me, a veteran trial lawyer defense attorney out of the LA jurisdiction, I'm not quite sure why you're so focused on who had been drinking. Take a look at the video. Let me answer that for you. Everybody was drinking. Okay, everybody had a snoopfull, So even someone drinking can see an altercation. Debay, Oh of course she can.
Speaker 6: And I can see that crowd of people out there. It was a bustling hot Fourth of July afternoon. But who's to say that the people that she saw included Nolan Wells. And that's why you got to get into her ability to perceive and recollect being impacted by intoxicants such as alcohol. I would want to know if she had imbibed. I really would not to mention the autopsy findings thus far do not reflect any type of physical insults or injury to his body.
Speaker 5: At most, what you.
Speaker 1: Have are asking you about your fixation on the witness having been drinking. Joe Scott Morgan has already addressed the body I'm talking to you about the alleged witness.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if she had in fact been drinking, I do believe unless they really have a video showing him an HD quality showing that he was in a fight, then I would call her ability to perceive, recollect, and even state that there was an altercation going on in her presence.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 1: Brandon Tatum joining US Officer Tatum on YouTube. I've cross examined a lot of witnesses, and I cross examined them exactly on that. How far away were you, did you know the target, were you familiar with them? Was your vision obstructed by anything? Were you wearing glasses, were you wearing sunglasses? What time of the day. I mean, I could go on on them, but unless you have a nun appriest or a virgin on the stand, or maybe Angel Gabriel might come down and testify, you have to take your witness as you find them. And I'm sure you've had a lot of drunk witnesses in Tucson to everything from a bar fight to a murder to a dope deal. Look, I'd say a good fifty percent of witnesses were drunk at one time or the other. That doesn't mean they didn't see what they saw.
Speaker 8: Well from a law enforcement perspective, you know, this is not cross examination on the stand. This is us what I would deal with with the witnesses right on the scene, and I don't I'm not too concerned of whether the person is drunk or not. I'm not going to test their blood alcohol level on the scene. I want to know specifically, what did you see, what are the identifying markers that you have to say that this is Nolan. If that person can describe them, maybe we'll do a show up. If we have like a video, a picture or something we could show them and say, hey, does this match the person you think that was here, then.
Speaker 7: We'll have a good perspective.
Speaker 8: But there is a challenge here because you do have to identify him. You can't just say it was a black man out there with curly hair and I think it was Nolan. You know, you're going to have to have some clear identifying markers that you know this is Nolan, and then you have to identify the people he was fighting with and the girl. And I think this person is going to have a big chain challenge. I saw this text message. We reached out to the girl on our social media. She never responded to us. I don't know if she ever really sent it in to the police, but it is problematic in my opinion if she hasn't if you're going to say somebody is going to spend time in jail, or you are alluding to the fact they've committed a crime, and the fact now that we know that Nolan did not survive being out there at Horn Island and you never submitted that to law enforcement. There's a potential that that's tampering with evidence. If you have evidence of a crime and you're withholding that from law enforcement and you knowingly and intentionally are doing that, that could be very problematic for a person who claimed to be a witness.
Speaker 1: Now, now, morally it's wrong, but there is no duty under the law that you have to report yourself as a witness, that you have to volunteer information. You can stand on the side of a pool and watch somebody drown and do nothing unless you have a fiduciary capacity. And yet it's not a crime in our jurisprudence. So nothing is compelling her under the low to come forward. However, interesting she did post it, she did identify herself, She did say she was going to police, and that would be my first line of cross. Did you take this to the police? And if she said no, all h double l would break breakout in that courtroom. If you have information like this and you don't go to the police. Now, would fly for woold fly? You ever seen a dogfight? That's what I mean by that. For would fly? So that would be a line across exam, hold on something else before I go out to Susan Hendrix, Jeff Schuttler, and Ben Dobrin. Now information that there is in fact a criminal investigation.
Speaker 4: Hearing that somebody who has an inside source is saying the DA's office in Mississippi is now looking at the Nolan Will's case as a criminal investigation and no longer an accidental drowning. Now we can only pray that this is true. Obviously we can't, you know, we can't celebrate. We can't get excited at all, because I have not seen Ben Crump announces. It is not being reported by any other major media sources. But there are rumblings.
Speaker 1: From Sam Krupin. All right. I would like to point out that his source is a quote Little Birdie at Little Birdies are saying that an inside source says the DA's office is now looking into the Nolan Wells as a criminal investigation. I can't put that up on the stand. Susan Hendricks joining me, investigative journalist and author of Down the Hill, My Descent into the Double Murder in Delphi. Susan, you get laughed out of court if your witness at a Little Bertie told me number one, that's hearsay, but a little Bertie, Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 9: It makes me wonder, did that woman those text messages about some sort of altercation. Is the grand jury analyzing this as we speak, because finally the DA came out and said, look, I can't release anything that's going on, but let it be clear, and I'm paraphrasing that we are investigating this with a grand jury.
Speaker 1: Susan Hendrick, You're absolutely right, she states most recently, this is the elected district attorney. My obligation and commitment is to present the grand jury with all the evidence collected in the case in order for them to reach a decision based on a thorough investigation, complete evidence, presentation, the actual truth, and an understanding of the law. I'm obligated to do so in keeping with the law and the rules of the court. She goes on to state, stand firmly on the rule of law and my ethical obligation. That is what the people of Jackson County elected me to do. I will present the grand jury with a thorough, complete and fair investigation into the death of Nolan wells Now is there a criminal investigation? According to some sources, there is. We keep hearing, there is no criminal investigation. To Dave Matt Crime Story's investigative reporter, what is the truth of it tonight, Nancy.
Speaker 10: It hasn't been announced that there's a criminal investigation, but it just stands to reason that they are doing a full investigation into the death of Nolan Wells. At this point, we don't have a cause of death, Nancy. They have not released the reports on the autopsy that was done by the state, completed weeks ago. We don't know anything.
Speaker 7: Nothing's been released.
Speaker 10: So whether they're doing a criminal investigation or not, I think it stands the reason they are investigating to every piece of evidence they can find to determine what happened and what they can present they being investigators to the grand jury.
Speaker 3: I understand the public's urgency to know what happened to Nolan, but we are not taking time for time's sake. We are taking the time required to complete the work this investigation demands. Since Nolan was reported missing, local, state, and federal law enforcement agencies have worked around the clock investigating what happened to him. Every piece of evidence must be examined, Every credible lead must be followed to its conclusion. Every witness interview must be analyzed in context of all other evidence. The pressure for answers does not change what the work requires. Our responsibility to Nolan in our community is to complete this investigation thoroughly, carefully, without compromise, supported by the evidence, and worthy of the confidence of the people we serve. I also understand that many people have questions about why more information has not been released publicly. In Mississippi, the rules of professional conduct restrict the information a prosecutor can release during an investigation. Our restraint in communicating facts and evidence is not an effort to keep the truth from the public. It is an effort to protect the integrity of this investigation. In the grandeury proceeding.
Speaker 1: And tonight more rumblings that the wrong boat was searched.
Speaker 4: The MDMR report states that the searched vessel was called a tided craft right on July eighth, but witnesses show he used a tied line boat on July fourth. In the MDMR report, right down to the bottom in the yellow it says tiede craft not tied line.
Speaker 1: From Sam Krupin to being a Dobrin emergency Response diving instructor and trainer Ben thank you for being with us. What about the mistake in the name of the boat, if it was in fact a mistake, and could that explain any problem in getting GPS information?
Speaker 11: Well, absolutely, because they're two different brands of boats. It's like saying I'm going to search a Ford and then you go out and search a Chevrolet in a car. Very different brands of boats, and so if they were searching the wrong boat, then any information on that boat would be the wrong information. So if you're going after the GPS ladder on the Chevrolet, but you want the GPS plotter off of the Ford, they have no bearing and so if you're searching the incorrect boat, you have incorrect evidence.
Speaker 1: To Brandon Tatum, start off the officer Tatum on YouTube, we just saw some video from your show and I'm trying to figure out, among other things, what time and day. If you have a time and a date stamp on that that seemingly shows the try and when a lot of people on it leaving the island, leaving Horn Island, do you have a time stamp on that.
Speaker 8: I don't have the time stamp. I can ask them to see if they can get it to me. When I watched this video and they presented it to me. This was during the time that the Seto call was occurring, so it had to been right around at time. You could see Whyatt on the boat on the phone, and so this is how it was presented to me. And just to kind of answer you a question about the boat searches, that it's partially irrelevant. Depending on the investigation and the interviews that they've done. There is no indication that there was a crime committed on any one of these boats. When you have sixty people that have already given statements to law enforcement, you have the young men that I interviewed that were on their boat that left the island, and then you have people that saw Nolan on the island after they had left. It's no indication that Nolan was on any one of those boats at any point in time, and that a murder occurred on those boats. So regardless if they searched them or not, you know, it was offered up for them to use a cadaver dog, but that never occurred, and so I don't really think that the boat situation of search is significant. The boys submitted their life three sixty, which is how they got a GPS tracking of when they left the island, and how they got from point A to point B where they docked, and all of those things. So all of the information has been concluded, or at least have been explored, and it didn't appear that there was any foul play on any one of the boats.
Speaker 1: Crime stories with Nancy Grace, Officer Tatum, I respect everything that you just said, but do have a witness. Tell me it's true because I said so, because my friends say so, that doesn't mean it could be true. And I see provided GPS, that doesn't tell me what happened to No One just because they like.
Speaker 8: They came, they provided Life three sixty, they provided THECITO call, and you can put those two things together and say, okay, the timeline matches. And if they left at four thirty, they were already gone. All three boats that came out were already gone when Nola was last seen.
Speaker 7: So now you have a timeline.
Speaker 1: That okay, there, right there. I was going with you until you said the time no One was last seen. Because their GPS data I'm sure is correct, and their Life three sixty data, I'm sure is correct. I'm not arguing with the technology, but what happened just before that, where was no one when they're leaving the island. You can on that island at five or six o'clock. Please do it, and then I will turn attention elsewhere. I'm not trying to hang your friends, the people that you have interviewed, and I respect that you believe them, and maybe you're right. If he can be placed on that island at five or six o'clock, then they're in the clear.
Speaker 8: But I want to report the report them there and how reports have come out that there's two reliable witnesses. TMZ reported on this. They said they saw Nolan a little bit before six pm. There's also the young lady Katie who sent text messages to one of the boys that I interviewed. I saw the text message messages where she alluded to the fact that she did not see Nolan get on the boat. She heard the boys yelling for Nolan to get on the boat. So Nolan never got back on the boat that he came on. So you have the boats leaving, you have a seto call, you have testimony from everybody on the boat, and all of those things have to be taken in consideration. Also, they have already spoke to law enforcement about this.
Speaker 7: Them talking to me in the interview, is them just telling the world what they te law enforcement.
Speaker 8: If there was any indication whatsoever that he was on the boat based on the testimony that was given from the boys or anybody else, even this new witness that have come forward, I think that there would be a significant investigation leading to an immediate arrest. But they clearly don't have any clear evidence that there is a crime that is committed, and especially a crime that was committed from the boys that I interviewed. I can't speak for everybody else, but I know the young men that I talked to, they were gone. There's no indication that Nolan was on the boat whatsoever. Their given statements. Katie gave a statement. Even this person that's claiming that they saw Nolan get into a fistfight, it appears that this person's claiming that the fight has happened after Wyatt and the rest of them had left on the boats.
Speaker 1: Ben Jobron joining US Emergency Response diving instructor, what do you think regarding the boats, not just the Triton, but the other two that traveled with it.
Speaker 11: My question is where did he go?
Speaker 7: In the water.
Speaker 11: They got him out of the water obviously on July sixth, But my question is where did he go in the water and when did he get into the water? Was it a drowning. Bodies behave differently underwater, whether it's a drowning or it was a killing elsewhere. You know, there's a lot of different variables. The body washed up very close to where he was last seen. There's a lot of current in that area. If it was a drowning, you know, people generally sink when they drown, but if you don't drown and you're put in the water, you're more likely to float. And so there's a lot of variables that come into play of where the body was recovered versus where the body went in and the timeline. Also, you know two days. If the body had been in the water for two days, that does lead to decomposition. The water temperature is around eighty five to eighty eight degrees. That's very warm water, a lot of bacterial growth, and so a lot of different variables in play of where the body went in and where it came out and the wind. Those are my questions. He's an athletic young man, he's very muscular muscles sink in the water. Fat floats, and so if he drowned, he was probably gonna be on the bottom for a while. And if it was two days, you know, that makes sense if he drowned and then washed up very close to where he went in. And so to me, that that's a big piece of important information is you know, if he drowned, he was recovered very close to where where that he.
Speaker 7: Was last seen.
Speaker 11: But what does that prove, Mike, If he drowned and he floated, because in warm water, it takes two to three days for your body to decompose and float, it proves that he was he drowned. Whether it was somebody holding him underwater and trying not you know, trying to swim somewhere and wasn't a good swimmer, I have no idea, But we haven't gotten the results from the autopsy, and the autopsy's going to tell us a lot. If he drowned, that's an important piece of information. If he did not drown, that's even more important. Of somebody who was found in the water. His body was found in the water and did not drown, that's a very important piece of information. But if he did drown and they found him in the water. That can open up a lot more avenues for investigation at that point.
Speaker 1: Philip Dubay joining US veteran trial lawyer, Philip, we know because the district attorney has said she is presenting information to a grand jury. There are reports it is a criminal investigation. What do you make of the possibility this is a criminal investigation.
Speaker 5: I'll tell you exactly what it is. Jackson County, Mississippi, is one of the few jurisdictions in the United States that follows the old sergeant code. And what that was back in the day was the days of the coroner in quest, where if you had a violent, sudden, or casual death and they couldn't figure out what happened, you would then panel a jury where the medical examiner or the appointed or elected coroner illicits testimony from people to try to determine manner and cause of death. What Mississippi did is they abrogated that and created this hybrid sort of coroner's in quest with grand jury investigation, where the grand jury will decide whether or not a death occurred and if there was a crime, and based on that they can complete the death certificate. With the cause and manner of death and decide if they're going to return a true bill of indictment against a suspect.
Speaker 1: Is it your belief, Philip Dubay that the grand jury presenter and I have presented to literally hundreds of grand juries, one of the first things we would do in the Fulton County District Attorney's office, is it your belief that to a large degree, it depends on the leaning of the presenter. Does the presenter believe a crime occurred or does a presenter want a no bill in other words, no indictment.
Speaker 5: It's twofold. They want to determine first of all, cause a manner of death and if it's a crime, and so they've sort of combined the roles of the grand jury leader if you will, or the grand jury daight to help the grand jury make both determinations. So it's my opinion right now, they don't know if they even have a homicide. They don't even know the cause of death, but they've lumped in all the causality to criminality just to get it all in one.
Speaker 1: Let me rephrase it, do bey well, the grand jury typically do what the presenter wants them to do I mean, haven't you heard the phrase a grand jury will undyet a ham sandwich if the presenter wants them to. Sure, Yeah, yes it is okay. So we'll see what happens with this secret grand jury. You're on cross examination? Who is our next sponsor?
Speaker 7: Will?
Speaker 1: Here is a probative clue, meow. Smalls makes fresh, human grade food designed for cats to thrive. While big pet food uses cheap filler, Smalls features eighty percent animal protein in zero zero artificial junk. Eighty eight percent of cat parents report better digestion, softer fur, and more energy for their cats to play. It's a healthy investment your cat will love. If you want to invest in your cat's health, Smalls is giving you sixty percent off your cat's first order sixty percent off plus free shipping and free treats for life when you go to smalls dot com slash Nancy sma l Lssmalls dot com slash Nancy sixty percent off your first order, free shipping and free treats for life when you had to smalls dot com slash Nancy, Thanks Smalls, and thank you from our cat Cinnamon. Tonight, we are trying to confirm or refute claims that Nolan Wells was alive on Horn Island after five or even six pm. If you know or think you know anything regarding that matter Nolan Wells's last scene alive, don't just post it online called Jackson County Sheriffs two two eight seven six' nine three zero six three repeat two two eight seven six nine three zero six. Three there is a one hundred and twenty five thousand dollars reward for information leading to the truth of what happened To Nolan. Wells was there an, altercation did it break out into a fistfight just before he is? Killed did he? Drown what was the true cause of? Death we are waiting for facts to allow the truth to. Unfold tonight we remember An american Hero, Officer Dustin, Krish, carrollton P. D, georgia just thirty, three killed in the line of duty after three years on the, force leaving behind a grieving, Wife. Emily american Hero Officer Dustin. Chrish thank you to all of our, guests but especially to you for being with. Us Nancy gray signing off for, tonight But i'll see you tomorrow, night and until, then