Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club Cowboys. This is Mick Shots streaming live on dallascowboys dot Com and the official Dallas Cowboys have now Here are Bill Jones, Everson Wolves, and Mickey Spagnola.
Speaker 2: Everything has been voluntary until now. Now it's mandatory mini camp week here at the Star in Frisco, and this is a mandatory edition of mix Shots.
Speaker 3: Good get everybody showed up.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, and showed up early.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Everson was walking down the hall three minutes before the start.
Speaker 3: I was in here ten minutes before.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 2: And uh, we're getting your for mandatory mini camp which commences tomorrow. There are there's no football equipment on the football field today here at the Stars.
Speaker 3: I wonder if they'll do some strength and conditioning today.
Speaker 2: Well, there's nothing nothing on the.
Speaker 3: Field right now, but the rehab guys will be out there.
Speaker 2: The mini camp starts tomorrow.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 2: And apparently it looks like this will be the first to report that the Star and Frisco survived the elements last night.
Speaker 3: Did everybody survive?
Speaker 4: We did? Everybody's fine. I love it.
Speaker 2: My show on CBS eleven did not survive.
Speaker 4: I wis.
Speaker 2: Because it was all weather.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, from nine.
Speaker 2: Actually we had the Tony Awards until ten after ten, and I went to the weather people at seven o'clock and I said, do I need to put this show together because it takes believe it or not, it takes three hours or so the right and produce the home show. And I'm like, okay, I'm looking at the forecast and I can see it's going to be bearing down on Dallas or starting at ten o'clock.
Speaker 4: Is there any the clouds are coming on the radar you can't miss.
Speaker 2: I mean there's two systems that are just coming from the west, and the red and green and even at seven o'clock just got blown off the map. Now there's no way people want to hear how the Rangers.
Speaker 4: Lied blue on the map.
Speaker 3: Yeahs blue blue was eighty mile an hour.
Speaker 4: Wow, yeah, I know.
Speaker 2: And then weather, okay, and so the weather, oh no, I can't tell you for sure, we don't know. It hasn't really formed yet. So I two and a half hours later, I write the entire show and it's nine thirty whatever, and then it's like a never before uttered phrase from the National Weather Surface potential one hundred mile per hour winds, and even the competitor, Pete Delkis said that, Well, I don't believe I've ever heard him say that before. And we still had to stable ten fifty last night.
Speaker 4: Pete has too good of a time during weather. Okay, that's his problem. He has too good of a time.
Speaker 3: I was already counting how many trees were they were going to fall.
Speaker 2: In my backyard. Well, and then I was able to get out of there before the next system hit from the west that was blowing Alito off the map, and it was barely a drizzle driving home and it was no problem.
Speaker 3: Well, I saw someone called in and reported that they were and it's just somebody right that we're getting one to two inches of rain an hour, and I'm going it hasn't rained here for an hour yet.
Speaker 4: So where you live north of Flower Mount and sounds like so, see those are the white flight you know, nobody is. I know, it was just some good rain. You know, we just had a nice rain.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's he's like an attorney. He knew the answers to the Christ.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just to deliver his life.
Speaker 4: Guys out there. Weather has no forgiveness out there. Okay, in the city. You know, every time you see the clouds coming and it starts going towards the city, it dissipates just a little bit because there's human life there. There's a lot of life.
Speaker 2: You know that there is something truth, no doubt that you got west.
Speaker 4: There's no interference, and it just.
Speaker 2: Blows seriously in West Texas. I mean it just blows. That's why there's nothing in West Texas. Everything's been blown off the map out there. But it's something about civilization that makes him dissiplate just a little bit.
Speaker 4: Try just a little bit. You can see it as it gets towards the city.
Speaker 2: It just yeah, it's a little dark to breaking apart.
Speaker 4: So you guys have a good time about it. I was mainly.
Speaker 2: Concerned about hell Down.
Speaker 3: We have fifty six houses in our Yeah, that's.
Speaker 4: What you were about out there, too, was hell Down.
Speaker 2: I wanted to get and I had my map. I had it all mapped out. Northeast Mall has a parking garage on the way home. I was going to park here and wait it out at the parking garage. Didn't have to do it all right, So now, enough about what happened last night. Enough about last night. Now it's a beautiful day.
Speaker 3: It is for now. You're at the Star and Fir until it starts ringing again tomorrow for the mini camp.
Speaker 2: Will probably be in there indoors. Well, there's a beautiful Ford Center that they can go into for the minute.
Speaker 3: And I think graduations are done, so that's out of the way. There's no excuse.
Speaker 2: I mean, get a load of this. It is now less than six weeks away from the Cowboys getting on that big jet plane and flying out to Oxnard, California. Just to put it in perspective, it's six weeks time from this past year. From January first until when the Super Bowl was played was six weeks time this year, and so we're basically at We just have a playoff season to get before before we're starting training camp on the July twentieth.
Speaker 3: So will you be here tomorrow? Since it's mandatory to take attendance.
Speaker 2: I take everyone should be right.
Speaker 3: Take attendance.
Speaker 2: Uh huh?
Speaker 3: And does that mean the two guys that haven't been here will be here?
Speaker 2: I know one of them will be. You do, I don't know? Okay, you're going to put money on it. Yeah, he said he'd be here. Well, how many he's going He's going to be here, yeah, michaeh yeah, Micah here. He said he's never missed a mandatory many.
Speaker 3: Well, he was here last week. He just showed up in the locker room when it was when everything was done out on the field.
Speaker 4: So so he may he may be here, but not to participate. He was.
Speaker 3: He was here for media day obligation, and then he walked in the locker room when everybody was dismissed, missed it.
Speaker 2: Oh you want to be in there with Oka. I mean, he's a veteran, right, we all understand this. When Mickey talks, he's talking in terms of the mess.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And so whenever when he says when everyone was dismissed, that's when the media was dismissed from the locker room, That's when Michael walked.
Speaker 4: You have to clarify because.
Speaker 3: I was the last one of us to be important people.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 3: So we'll see on that one. And then Trayvon Diggs, I guess he told them he'd be here.
Speaker 4: Way. Vicky said that Vicky found very passive mission, very passive.
Speaker 3: The guy had a serious knee surgery, right, something I've never heard of before, Crondall tissue graph, meaning they took a piece of bone in cartilage and transplaneted into a divot in his knee. So it was explained to me, like, you know, you have potholes on the street, Yeah, and we fill it in with tar. Well, that's what this is, real gag, right, and to me that sounds pretty serious.
Speaker 4: Well, hell, you're looking at two of the weirdest injuries from your quarterback and you're starting cornerback. Right, I've never heard of either one of these injuries or surgeries before.
Speaker 3: Well the quarterbacks here, yeah, rehabby Yeah.
Speaker 4: I was really speaking on them. Yes, uniqueness, Yes, of the injuries themselves.
Speaker 3: The other guy did it on his own. And I also was told a couple of weeks ago I almost forgot about it that if he didn't take part in eighty four percent of the off season workouts, he would have a five hundred thousand dollars base salary de escalate. So to you tell me, if you had a chance at five hundred not to lose five hundred thousand, but you have to show up for off season workouts.
Speaker 4: Now, does that include injuries when you're talking about coming off of surgery. When they put that in, did that include.
Speaker 3: No, the rehab. I guess it's stipulated that if you're doing rehab, it had to be under the jurisdiction of the head trainer. Oh okay, Now I don't know if that includes monitory from the fire and look, as we all need.
Speaker 4: He could just be doing everything on on YouTube or whatever, or just sending it.
Speaker 3: And sending it in. Yeah, well they're monitored live.
Speaker 4: It would be monitored live. Well, and hey, I'm just Devil's advocate here. Yeah, we'll find out. Yeah, we will.
Speaker 5: And And.
Speaker 3: In my mind, if I'm working for you and you tell me I need to do this and I'm not here, I probably get rated out right. But if I'm paying you to rehab me and I wake up on Monday morning going, you know, I I think I'll take today off, what are you going to say? Yeah, okay, well you're paying me, I'm not going to create. No, You've got to be here. So that's the thing that I think you would be concerned about. So we'll see what kind of situation he's in when they get a chance to look at him.
Speaker 4: And once again, we're not sure if he's showing up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he said he was, and it's mandatory and they have the right to find you. Did you ever get fined for missing the workout?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah. Were you pleased?
Speaker 4: Well no, I just you know, it all came down to it when we renegotiated. It all came out in the West.
Speaker 3: So it had to do with contracts. Same thing as Mike exactly. The players hold other guys like if you see a guy missing, I'm out here working.
Speaker 4: I hope not. I never much participated in offseason at all. I tried to stick with the that made me, that help helped me develop through Grambling and you know, on the league.
Speaker 3: But your reasons were different than these offseasons.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah they weren't. They weren't mandatory at all.
Speaker 3: None of them.
Speaker 4: No, none of them mandatory. I don't think you had to work out one bit. I only had twelve workouts aalibn eligible or forty five. But they offered it incentives if you did make them all. I remember Bob Brunnick and and Ron Springs were going for first place. I think it was nineteen eighty three, and Ron was upset because they gave the watch. They was going to get this Rolex watch. They gave it to Bob Brunick and they didn't give it to him. So Ron was favoritism towards Bob Ward and Bob Brunnick. So he never let him forget that. He never because Ron was a stud. As we know, he was a heck of an athlete and he believed in working out. And yeah, as far as I was concerned, I think I had twelve my rookie year because I didn't want to go there and start doing all of these corners. They're doing clean and jerks and all this kind of stuff that's I don't know if I could cover with that kind of bulk on me. That that was my mindset by not going to camp. I remember worked out, Okay.
Speaker 3: I remember interviewing D. D Lewis and I said, I asked him because somehow in the interview it came up about off season workouts, and I said, so did you work out off season? He goes, yeah, man, he goes, I got in the swimming pool and I did twelve ounce curls.
Speaker 4: And see guys like that, they kind of you know, I felt better about not going because I knew some of the veterans like d D. And of course now d D was going out, I was coming in. I get that. You know. It didn't help. It didn't help as far as my motivation was concerned.
Speaker 2: And people didn't get hurt as much back then, they really didn't.
Speaker 4: That's when the off season was. We would rest in the off season. I say we, I mean most players. I didn't. I was a little bit young once again younger at the time. I was still doing a lot of stuff and that's how I worked out. Tennis, swimming, boxing, I was doing a lot of stuff that keeps you in shape. As far as covering somebody, I just wanted to go out there and cover I could. I could cover. I don't know about coming up and lifting Bill off the ground or anything, but I could cover Bill, and so that's all that mattered to me.
Speaker 2: It's hard to pull a muscle if you don't have a muscle.
Speaker 4: That is a very good point. Also, never really ran track. My body really wasn't that developed. I guess I think it was a late blump because all the guys round Fellows, Michael Downs, all of them did the work out. Man, I pulled my hamstring. I never had to pull a hamstring in my life. So you know, when you're runner four to seven, it has its advantages.
Speaker 3: Let me just say that your body doesn't say, hey, what do you do?
Speaker 4: I never you know, I just start stretching until I was two nine years old. So yeah, that was just the way it was.
Speaker 2: Do you still stretch?
Speaker 4: I have to stretch now, I'm a stretch free now. Yeah, you just have to be once I and you know Jimmy was here. It was in eighty nine, went bit down to cover somebody in my back, Like, whoa, you haven't stretched all your life.
Speaker 2: So next thing you know, there was an age twenty nine.
Speaker 4: Age twenty nine. Okay. See.
Speaker 3: The other thing that that Digs should be invested in is he he has for when he re signed his new deal. Each year he has a per game.
Speaker 4: Bonus.
Speaker 3: I think it's fifty eight right around fifty eight thousand games. So last year, when he only played eleven games, his bonus was in the six hundred thousand range. It's worth if you play every game, one million dollars. So there's a good chance this year. I mean, he may not be ready to start the season, but I sure as hell.
Speaker 4: And no one's giving us a progress.
Speaker 3: Well, we'll get a better one, I think this week.
Speaker 4: Okay, But do you think that they have a Probably.
Speaker 3: Think they in their mind since they don't know much about him, and if he doesn't stay here, then he's going to start training camp on pup, you know, just so now we can work with you and see where you're at.
Speaker 4: You think they have no idea where he is, right?
Speaker 3: I think they have an idea because I in Miami. They've been in contact with the people that he's working out with, and I heard they respect it. But he's got incentives, like did you have interception incentives in your contract? Man?
Speaker 2: I wish they knew better would be sitting here at well, here.
Speaker 3: Are his Okay, for five interceptions, it's worth three hundred thousand, and if you have seven interceptions, it's six hundred thousand. Not cumative like you get paid for five and seven, but seven hundred thousand, I mean six six hundred thousand for seven picks.
Speaker 2: And what was his penalty for not being here this offseason? Five hundred thousand you said, could be dscal He just makes that up getting.
Speaker 3: But you got to play to get right, you got to play now. The good thing is nine million dollar base salary is guaranteed.
Speaker 4: Now as you bring that up, though, now we've got another cornerback out there right from the Packers.
Speaker 2: Not to go about to bring up, but JayR Alexander is not official yet, but he is ardedly going to be released, which brings us with even without talking about him, when you look at the cornerback roster, yes, this Cowboys, and you go back through even last year, and we know the injury issues that the cornerbacks have coming into this year, but even going back to last year, Trayvon played eleven games last year, Duran Bland seven games last year, Kyer Elam who of course came over in the trade from Buffalo, thirteen games, four starts for Buffalo last year, Kayln Carson six games, five starts last year, Josh Butler coming off his acl at three starts last year, Andrew Booth seven games, two starts. Revel played what four games last year year, three games last year at East Carolina. And so there's your basically your cornerback inventory right now.
Speaker 3: And those are the guys here, and there's guys that aren't here that played had starts last year.
Speaker 2: At cornerback O eight yeah, but they have here, yes, and looking at okay, who's playing cornerback this season? How healthy is this team? Look at track recent track history, and is there a need to bring in another cornerback?
Speaker 3: And we can point out that Jordan Lewis isn't here this year.
Speaker 4: And before the meet and Greek that we had last week, you know, I thought we were of the understanding that we probably will need another cornerback. We were talking about Gilmore, who's familiar with the system. But when you have a player like, uh, what's how he say his name?
Speaker 2: Kaya the Kyerli now Kayer?
Speaker 3: No, you mean.
Speaker 4: Alexander Alexander year JayR Alexander. The guy's got a pretty good resume.
Speaker 2: Uh oh yeah, okay, So but but you talk about it, you talk about an injury history. Yeah, he's got an injury history. He's basically he's played thirty two games his last four years.
Speaker 3: Fourteen, the last thirty four right, and his salary this year was going to be sixteen point five minutes.
Speaker 4: It was, so there was and that's why he did the trade. Didn't know trades what happened because I wanted.
Speaker 3: To play at that right, And so the Packers went to him and tried to say, Okay, we're gonna let's renegotiate, and no, I'll get that in free agency. So June ninth team's salary caps are pretty much usually spoken for interesting.
Speaker 2: And especially he's a guy that last year seven games PCL injury. The year before in twenty twenty three, he played seven games. Now he did, he did play.
Speaker 3: It suspended one game. Do you remember that he got suspended. So he's from North Carolina and they were playing at Carolina and he basically named himself captain and walked out for the coin toss and wait, he called tails. I just read it. And he won the toss and he said we're going to play defense, and the referee said, now are you saying you're deferring? And I guess somebody started yelling like no, if we play defense, they get the choice in the second half. And they avoided that. So they suspended him one game.
Speaker 2: I mean they avoided that.
Speaker 4: They they.
Speaker 2: They were able to correct it on the field.
Speaker 3: The red it was a redo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like, no, he doesn't have he hasn't been given the authority to me the call. He named himself a captain.
Speaker 4: See bring that guy here, he's fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: We already brought fun guys.
Speaker 3: I saw two headache guys get arrested this weekend. Who was that pac Man Jones?
Speaker 2: And I didn't see that one.
Speaker 3: Kelvin Joselvin Joseph gotten a fatal car accident.
Speaker 2: Here I heard kell and Kelvin Joseph, by the way, is playing for the United Football League. This happened on Friday night. Yes, they had a game yesterday that he se defenders and it happened at like five o'clock in the morning. Yeah, yeah, to the Super Bowl, Derek the Actually they won their game yesterday and so now they're playing in the UFL Super Bowl on Saturday night.
Speaker 3: Somebody finally did so.
Speaker 2: But here here's he's playing and trying to salvage his career and the way, yeah they they the whole league is based here throughout the spring. But okay, so he's out at five o'clock in the morning the night before the team is flying to I think they played in Birmingham. Yeah, and oh they played in Saint Louis. Okay, okay, so some Michigan played at Birmingham.
Speaker 3: Somebody only beat Birmingham.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Michigan, Michigan.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: By the way, their quarterback, Bryce Perkins. And I just read this this morning. He is the nephew of Don Perkins. Really yeah wow. Bryce Perkins, quarterback of the Michigan Panthers, played at Arizona State. No, I remember Chandler Arizona. Yeah, and he went to Arizona State. And I can't remember where he wound up, but anyway, uh, and he was with the Rams. Actually have started some games with the Rams. Now he's twenty eight years old and this year is all UFL quarterback. Keep an eye on him on Saturday night if you got nothing else to do, and you watch the UFL Championship.
Speaker 3: If you need a fourth quarterback on the roster.
Speaker 2: You know what I was sitting there looking at with the Cowboys situation with three quarterbacks, okay, and the Cowboys history of plucking players out of the either the USFL or the UFL who have become Pro Bowl players. Maybe they're looking out a quarterback in the UFL to fill out this.
Speaker 3: And what better story could you provide us?
Speaker 2: Then Don Perkins.
Speaker 4: Very cool nephew would be extremely cool.
Speaker 2: Now he's not, but he's not twenty four years old. He's twenty eight years old.
Speaker 4: Oh he is?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, that's okay, yeah, not bad at a kind of a dual threat guy who runs that RPO stuff.
Speaker 3: So he's not the nephew I met when I did the Don Perkins interview. That was maybe five six seven years Okay, that's probably too soon.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: How old was he he was.
Speaker 3: He wasn't maybe ten.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, this one he would have been in his twenties.
Speaker 4: So yeah, Well, speaking of the kid, can we talk about well, at least bring up Michael Down's birthday.
Speaker 2: Well, yes we can.
Speaker 4: Michael.
Speaker 3: Do you know what we didn't get an invitation? Well I didn't get one. You might have declined it. It's uh Cliff Harris's arm today.
Speaker 2: I know Cliff Harris and DeMarcus Ware teaming up to clips of that on CBS.
Speaker 3: As Cliff pointed out during his radio interview when he first got there, as they're trying to get younger players because he said, too many of my guys can't play anymore.
Speaker 4: You recall oh disastrous golf tournament that we had with him. The temperature somehow, and it was earlier in the spring at that time.
Speaker 3: If I'm not MI was just the one that was almost one hundred.
Speaker 4: Yes, it was one hundred degrees and with humidity you almost fell out. Preston Pearson made me so mad that day, Me and Bubba from blazing saddles. We're ready to go. Preston's like, no, we play the eighteen holes because that's Preston and we were the rules are right, and not only that, Preston Pearson takes at least one minute to address the ball and I'm sorry, man, we don't have time for all of that, so I'm fussing. Of course, I'm the young loud mouth in Preston's eyes. Oh, don't worry about it, everyton, don't worry. But by the time we made it into the into the clubhouse, after we were done, y'all were on dessert.
Speaker 3: We were done eating, you.
Speaker 4: Were done eating. And I was so mad. I left and I two days later I called Preston to see how he was doing. He said he was just getting out of bed so he had a torn labor and all of this was going on. No dammit, I'm gonna finish, and that's Preston play.
Speaker 3: Well, that's why DeMarcus ware got has to help out. We're getting some of the younger guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good stuff, all right, just getting started on mixed shots. So much to get to to get you ready for the mandatory mini camp in just a moment, Happy birthday, Michael Down's how.
Speaker 6: Do you tell the world about all the great gifts in the Yetti Store letter rip Troy.
Speaker 7: All Right, volks lets get started, the Yeti French Press and Joe Calvi the this Stay's hot for hours and French Press thirty four, as for U six four for the cruise Yety French Press. What mixed waterproof bags bags, waterproof, some ersa wa waterproof, Devil's waterprove bag bags forts most of water shoe get a waterprove YETI bag. Don't smell something cooking pole New cast iron skillets may be passed down like Mama's recipes. Take a steak, corn bit, commerce pot pine and potatoes next over, well three sizes of the Yetty cast iron skillets.
Speaker 6: Gear gifts and product experts visit the Yetti Store on McKinney Street and at South lake Town Square Today.
Speaker 5: The National Medal of Honor Museum is now open in Arlington, Texas, just a few blocks from AT and T Stadium. Immersive exhibits and exciting technology allow you to fly a rescue helicopter mission in Vietnam and have conversations with virtual Medal of Honor recipients. Come be inspired by these incredible stories of ordinary Americans who did the extraordinary. Get your tickets at Mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 8: Hey Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, Don't worry. Even US pros were rookie and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win. Slides for the first down, investigate your icons where everyone is a rookie crypto with blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 2: Perfect throw My goodness, wow did he ever thread the needles?
Speaker 8: Visit blockchain dot com Slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 4: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders, and Cowboy legends. You want to stay at the team hotel, attend the best tail game party in Texas, tour the Star and talk x'es and o's with me Everson Walls. With Star Sports Tools, you can visit Cowboys Travel dot com to book your travel package today, de vict Shots, Cowboys Nation. The twenty twenty five Dallas Cowboys schedule is officially here and limited tickets are available now. Get ready to bring the noise as you watch your Dallas Cowboys live at at and T Stadium when they host AFC East Rivals, Eagles, Giants, Commanders plus Packers, Chiefs, Chargers, Vikings, and Cardinals. Visit Dallascowboys dot com slash tickets or seat geek dot com, the official primary ticketing partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: All right, very good. That was flawless from that's what we're going for today.
Speaker 3: That's a hell of the home schedule.
Speaker 4: Yeah it is. Yes, it is Packers, Chiefs, Chargers, Vikings, and Cardinals.
Speaker 3: So I'm gonna make up for lost time. Okay when you were playing, did you ever look at the schedule when it came out and said, oh.
Speaker 4: This is good or this is bad? I never did.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 4: It was just like this is no. It was all. It was all a bit. It was all tough for me. So I couldn't sit I saying oh, oh that's I couldn't be picky with it, you know, to me, it was all tough.
Speaker 3: So like that time when we talked about the six straight games against playoff teams.
Speaker 4: That didn't know, the only time I would.
Speaker 3: Well that was because you guys were well the first part of it in your career playoff teams.
Speaker 4: But I always looked at just cities, cities that'd be like where you're going, where I'm going, Like if you say New Orleans, then my boys down New Orleans, right, And of course you think of the stadium itself and all the freaking noise in that stadium. So you do think about the environment of the visiting of site that you go to. You do think about that. I know when I go to you know RFK, you know, especially if it's a certain time of year. You know, we know that the stands are going to be moving, you know in the end zone. Just things like that just come to your head.
Speaker 3: Ras probably wasn't real grass.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, when they spray green grass on them, the mud and that, because if it's a green field.
Speaker 3: I remember Walt Garrison telling me that a couple of times when they won there, they got in the locker room and there was no hot water. Just happened to be just cold water. An he wore as stuff home. He didn't, Well, we couldn't.
Speaker 4: We couldn't do that. No, we weren't. They would not allow you to do that. Even you get getting that and face it, buddy, get that cold water, because you're not getting on this plane and smelling like that. I don't think we will let that happen. And also you would look at San Francisco. It wasn't just the team that you're playing, the field, yeah, you know, and so you know that when you play this game, you're going to have to have extra long spikes. Those are the kind of things that would really go through my head.
Speaker 2: You know when the and I didn't mean to talk about this today, but since you brought it up, you know, there was so much focus the schedule came out last month about that six game stretch that started Thanksgiving week Philadelphia, Kansas City at Detroit, Minnesota, Cincinnati, and Christmas Day at Washington. But I was just now looking, okay, the first ten games or so of the season, starting with the Thursday night at Philadelphia, yeah. I mean, let me just just to remind everyone what it is. All Right, You get to start at Philadelphia, Okay, obviously that's a very difficult opener. But then ten days later at home against the Giants, at Chicago, Green Bay, at home at the Jets, at Carolina, home against Washington, at Denver, Arizona, bye week, and at Vegas. You can make some hay during the first half of that season.
Speaker 4: You know, you better make some hay, right, I mean, but I haven't looked at the other guys schedule as well. So you say, Casey's coming in, we've got to go. Good teams come in, But what's their schedule looking like?
Speaker 3: As they could they have spaced some of that out.
Speaker 4: Though, made it more equitable over but you have to compare with teams. I mean, Casey's scheduled probably tough as well, coming into here at a certain time of year.
Speaker 2: Any one of those teams that's in that six game stretch from Philadelphia to Kansas City, Detroit, Minnesota, Cincinnati, and Washington. If the same thing happens to any one of those teams that happened to the Cowboys in the sixth game of the year last year, they lose their starting quarterback. Those games are totally different, right.
Speaker 3: I looked up Philadelphia's I don't know where I've got it, the schedule, and they didn't have any games like that many in a row against play quality teams. Yeah, playoff teams.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And so from the Cowboys standpoint, they to have four games against playoff teams in their own division.
Speaker 4: Well, here's my thing. I'm sure Philadelphia does have a stretch that's challenging. You didn't see, not.
Speaker 3: Off the top of my head. I didn't see anything more challenging than a three or four game stretch.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, Well, and it's already I mean, Elias or whoever came up with the numbers on it. There has never in the history of football been a stretch as difficult as what the Cowboys have from November twenty third to December twenty fifth, Meaning never before has a team been scheduled to play a six straight opponents who had eleven or more wins the year before.
Speaker 3: Or six opponents that combined was eighty one and twenty one? Was that something like eighty one and twenty one last year?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Do you think it has anything to do with the Cowboys and marketability and popularity.
Speaker 2: I think that there is some of that that goes into that because November is a big ratings month TV wise, and then leading up to.
Speaker 3: The holiday, and I don't know as far.
Speaker 2: As advertising it higher rates. I would assume higher rates go into the holiday season from Thanksgiving to Christmas, which is one of the reasons why I always thought that the college Football Playoff should be starting basically the week after Thanksgiving because from a TV standpoint, you that's when this at his height exactly, you know. So anyway, that's a different story. All right, as far as this many camp, what are you looking for outside of.
Speaker 3: What you talked to We talked about corner outside And by the way, the guy in Miami's probably still on the trade block too.
Speaker 4: So he didn't participate. He's not coming to camp, oh, he had no, he's not coming.
Speaker 3: Because he wants more money. And the Cowboys understand that if it's more money for one year, we can kind of of grit our teeth and do it. But if it's for more with the contracts expanding, are the base salaries increasing next year, they got to be careful.
Speaker 4: I gotta say, if we would bring uh, if we were to bring him in. God, that would.
Speaker 2: He's under contract with another.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's right, say if they if they will bring them in?
Speaker 4: Zip it.
Speaker 3: So other than cornerback, see and I want to say the defensive front.
Speaker 2: But okay, before you since before leaving cornerback. Yeah, kyer Elam is a guy. You sighted him last week. He came in here and said, who's this number twenty Yeah? This was after Everson and the other twenty five legends that were out here and got to watch the whole day and team meetings and then out of practice. He came in here the next week and said, the film work.
Speaker 3: Thanks to you. By the way, I went back and listened to Mike's fifty seven minute, fifty seven minute dissertation on his day here and what he had to say about everything. Michael, Yes, by himself. There's nobody asking him questions. He just started.
Speaker 2: He can interview himself seven minutes.
Speaker 3: But you know what, he gave me a layup column.
Speaker 2: He gave me a layup score sports show on Sunday night. That way, I saw it that afternoon. I said, well, I'm using that. I'm using that.
Speaker 4: I'm using that.
Speaker 9: On tonight's show, we talked I hadn't talked to Mike in a long time, and we finally talked, and yeah, I was just asking about the wide receivers and he feels really good about that.
Speaker 4: And you know, Mike is overly optimistic right about everything, because you know, he's he's you know.
Speaker 3: But but he was not optimistic about them hiring Schottenheimer. He he wanted Dion in here, and he was adamant that hiring him is going to be a continuation more of the same, and he admitted it in his dissertation. And then when he got here and saw what was going on and the things they were doing, did a one was.
Speaker 2: He invited to go a traditional Greek dancing on Friday night, no Greek isles, the grill.
Speaker 3: And get out of here. Yes, not the whole team.
Speaker 2: All the quarterbacks, Schottenheimer and Steve Shimco the quarterbacks coach, and Dak and Joe Milton and Will Grier and that and families were, but they were. They had the I can't remember the name of the the dance group there and they had a big old room and they were doing Greek dancing. It's it's gone viral.
Speaker 3: Were they doing belly dances?
Speaker 2: I did not see any belly dancing. Joe Looney was not there, okay.
Speaker 3: But Mike's big, you know what. He went through that whole thing and only once said something about talent. It was all about shot He's program and the fact that he is so big on competition under pressure. And he said everything he sets up is competition under pressure. He goes, they're not just sitting in there for gig giggles and shooting free throws. No, he wants to see the guy come up in front of everybody, and it's like, you want to lose doing this right. And then he talked about the position room. When he was in with the ride receivers, they would call. He said, they called up Mingo and Lamb and gave him the play and they had to diagram to play and then point out everybody's responsibility on that play and you better know it otherwise the guys in the in the room or.
Speaker 4: You're not dedicated, what are you doing?
Speaker 3: And then the other thing he pointed out is he said he called him up after the first half of the practice and you know, basically said hey, good practice, Da da da da da da, and he started, He said, they started the second half and there was a bunch of mistake and he stopped it, called everybody up and said, you're letting your teammates down. And in Mike's mind, when players hear that, you can tell me differently, he said, everybody starts looking around, going, well, who's the guy screwing up? It's not me? Uh And he said, then that's good. It sets the So his whole thing was about the environment more than anything else.
Speaker 4: And when when When when the coach says something like that, most likely the players know what area, what person they're talking about, right, Yeah, it's no secret.
Speaker 3: You just don't want it to be.
Speaker 4: You don't want to say yeah, you don't want to You don't want to say anything until you know sometime later.
Speaker 3: Okay, So that was an other thing.
Speaker 2: On Thursday, I was out here to tape the Blitz TV show and they were out on the field and you got music just blaring, you know, and there was a but even just observing it and you can speak to that, there was a Christmas about the way they were going about their business, all the position groups and so forth.
Speaker 4: Well, I saw the Christmas on the film. That's before we even got out on the field. And It wasn't just coming from what I was bragging about Dak and pickings and CD what page that they were on. The running backs also were looking good out there. Once again, you see not just how good a player is in the secondary, but you see how they're following instructions. And that's what I liked about Kayir. He was doing it just the way that it was supposed to be done, and he did it with the quickest feet that I've seen in the secondary.
Speaker 3: See, that could be the bonus if they can get something out of a one year bet.
Speaker 4: They're making on you know.
Speaker 2: And here's one thing on Cayer Elam when you look at his career. This is his fourth year and he was of course a first round draft pick out of Florida twenty third overall pick in twenty twenty two. All Right, his first year in twenty twenty two, he played in thirteen games, made six starts, four hundred and seventy seven snaps, had a couple of interceptions. Christian Benford was her sixth round pick that year, and out of Villanova and Benford. He had some injury issues that first year, and Elam missed four games as well that first year, but then Benford took off. The second year, Elam only played three games, two starts because he had an injury that year. He had torn ligaments in his right foot. So that's when Benford got a leg up on Elam, and Benford had the opportunity because Elam wasn't on the field. Two guys came in the same year out of the draft, and Benford took off. He just took the opportunity ran with it. Good for him. Well, Elam only played three games out of seventeen that year because they had torn ligaments in his foot. So now he comes back last last year and thirteen games, four starts, had a shoulder injury that he dealt with a little bit, but it was already they had your starters lined up here because Benford took advantage of his opportunity of the year before. So I think what the Cowboys scouts have seen and looking at Elam and understanding the injury issue that he had in his second year in the league, that this isn't a guy that you know, he's twenty eight, twenty nine years old and has had an opportunity and failed. He There's been some circumstances that have occurred and now, yeah, he's young, he's you know, and so he's he just turned twenty four last month, and I.
Speaker 4: Just saw, like I said, what I saw on the field. There was one play where he was concentrating on the wide receiver in the type of zone matchup defense and the two receiver came out and did a wheel route and he didn't see it at first, but when he saw it, his reaction was so quick that it negated the wheel route altogether. The receiver couldn't even get down the field because he was not prepared for Elam to recognize it so quickly after making the adjustment, and he totally got in the guy's way, which is what you're supposed to do by preventing them from getting down the field. And when we saw that, the coach had to run it back and they go, whoa look at this guy because he saw it last minute and when he made the move was extremely quick, so extremely quick.
Speaker 3: He's getting the opportunity now because when they go out there with what looks like their first team defense, he's at left corner and he's been there the whole time. We get to see the OTAs and the day we got to watch last week it was Tuesday, dak through a deep route to Pickens and he was there to break it up, and so he was running with.
Speaker 4: Pickens and Pickens and CD. They're not out there trying to be cute. Oh no, they are out there balling. They are bringing it with all the speed coming across the middle. Of course, you know, we know this is practice and they're not going to worry about too much contact. But to have that kind of aggression this time of year, I don't care if you got pads on or not. That's the kind of timing that you want to see from your offense. You don't have time. You know, it wouldn't be good for you to go at a pace. That's not true. They're going at a true pace, a game pace on both sides without the contact.
Speaker 3: And the other guy that I felt is following in those footsteps that I've seen so far as Javonte Williams. And I can't say i've seen him play last year the year before when he tore his ACL, but he had a good year in Denver, and it looks like and you know how they make him run through and they know they're not going to get hit.
Speaker 4: That's what we're talking about it, right.
Speaker 3: But he hits the hole and if he has to run eighty yards, no one's running with them, you know, I don't know that the dB has to chase them all.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they want them to chase.
Speaker 3: Him and knock the ball out because the running back has to go and he's a lot faster than I envisioned.
Speaker 4: They were taught to defensively. DB's they have to finish the play that they're chase them all the way to the end zone if you have to, but see if you can make the play because some of the running backs they get lack of days thinking they got it made and then here comes Kayir came up one time knocked it out of the dude's hand just before he scored. So these are the kind of things. Let me say, this's not got a little time to deal with when you start talking about injuries. Injuries happen when you're not prepared for something. The better understanding you have of the game itself. It's like driving. You can anticipate things that can happen before they do. That could help you prevent a lot of injuries if you don't take any missteps based on that not being prepared. The way that they're coaching these guys, they're letting them know pre snap recognition is going to help you a lot in this situation. So that recognition is going to help you understand what the offense is trying to do. If you understand what they're trying to do, then maybe you'll be more prepared physically for whatever's about to happen in the upcoming play. You understand what I'm saying, That's how injuries happen when you're not prepared and your mind is somewhere else, and then you try to make a move that your body wasn't ready for. That's why guys, myself, Michael Downs, we just didn't get hurt that much because of the you know what can have happened. At least so many things can happen in a particular play, and not just to play, but even down the field. There's only so many things that happen when you go for the ball, and I don't think that all these players are always ready for that because it happens so quickly.
Speaker 3: Like if you're on Sam Rayburn driving seventy miles an hour and you're looking ahead and you're going I think that guy wants to change left, right, you go, you can tell right.
Speaker 4: The same with football. It's the same with sports.
Speaker 2: That's like Dray green Law when he tore his achilles coming off the side. Second it was sudden change.
Speaker 4: That was different to different, like whoa, what just happened. I don't know what to compare that to. I'm sorry, I can't even compare that to anything.
Speaker 3: Or guys in the players in basketball and they got a fast break by themselves and they're not assuming that somebody might be railing me from behind.
Speaker 4: And you get startled. Yeah, misstep, You never know.
Speaker 2: All right we are And by the way, on the running back situation, Nick Chubb signing with the Houston Texas.
Speaker 4: So all right.
Speaker 2: We continue with more mix shots, one final segment for the off season when we come back.
Speaker 8: Hey Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys. But lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you WinRS.
Speaker 2: Scott keeps it slides with the first.
Speaker 8: Down, investigate your icons where everyone is a rookie in crypto with blockchain dot com.
Speaker 2: Perfect throw my goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 8: Visit blockchain dot com Slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 4: Star Sports Tools is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders, and Cowboy legends. You want to stay at the team, tell, attend the best tail gay party in Texas, tour the Star and talk x's and o's with me Everson Walls. With Star Sports Tours, you can visit cowboystravel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 5: The National Medal of Honor Museum is now open in Arlington, Texas, just a few blocks from AT and T Stadium. Immersive exhibits and exciting technology allow you to fly a rescue helicopter mission in Vietnam and have conversations with virtual Medal of Honor recipients. Come be inspired by these incredible stories of ordinary Americans who did the extraordinary. Get your tickets at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 6: How do you tell the world about all the great gifts in the Yetti Store letter Rip Troy.
Speaker 7: All Right, folks, let's get started with the Yeti French Press and joke Calvi the stays hot for hours and French Press thirty four as for U six four with the cruise of YETI French Press. What mix waterproof bags bags of waterproof some werst wa waterproof do Devil's waterprove bag bags forts most of the waters.
Speaker 3: To get a waterprove YETI bag.
Speaker 7: Glot smell something cooking pole new cast iron skill. It's made to be paid down like Mama's wrestle. You take a state Cornbeck comperce pot pie potatoes next level with three size of the Yetti cast Iron.
Speaker 6: Skillers, gear gifts and product experts. Visit the Yetti Store on McKinney Street and at South Lake Town Square.
Speaker 3: Today Tom shuts.
Speaker 4: This summer step onto the field with the Dallas Cowboys Youth football and Dance Camps presented by Invisiline. Athletes of all skill levels aged six to sixteen are invited to learn something from former NFL players and Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders at Ford Center at the Star in Frisco. Campers have a chance to learn technical skills and lessons on teamwork. Visit dallascowboys dot com slash camps to learn more.
Speaker 2: All right, one final segment for the twenty twenty five off season, not only getting you ready for the mandatory mini camp, but also for training camp, which starts on July twentieth in Oxnard, California.
Speaker 4: You're gonna be there?
Speaker 2: Yes, all right, I'll be there all camp. No, not the entire camp, but and hadn't been totally approved how long I'll be there for. I'm confident that I will be there at least a good amount of time week or two. Right, Uh huh good, Yeah, you'll be there.
Speaker 3: I'll be there.
Speaker 2: Okay, where is it going to be?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 3: By the way, before we get going, I just saw a commercial. Patrick Mahomes was in it. He and his wife are in a suite in Omaha in Oklahoma City watching the women's softball title games?
Speaker 2: Right yeah?
Speaker 3: I mean how does he go to things like that and no one notices who he is?
Speaker 2: Like you got?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: I think they notice who he was? I know, because Mike does.
Speaker 4: He travel without security?
Speaker 3: Well I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yea. My wife went to Tech and so this weekend her brother in law, who actually Billy Breed Love is a vice chancellor at Tech and uh and so we had our cousin's camp weekend and so the whole Lobbo crew was watching it. So we watched a lot of softball.
Speaker 3: And he's not just there. He's there cheering like they caught him on his feet, yeah, waving whatever.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, and he got going to see anybody Oklahoma, I mean Texas in Texas.
Speaker 4: Were playing in the Yes, of course, of.
Speaker 2: Course Women's College World Series. He got he got umber.
Speaker 4: With the Grand Slam. That was he's a stud Texas.
Speaker 2: He also bought gear for all for all the players on the team, like jackets and other stuff. I think he's an Adidas guy.
Speaker 4: Okay, he is.
Speaker 3: That's probably why the whole school is that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, it's definitely why. And by the way, the pitcher Niga Kennedy who was at Stanford and they paid her and over a million dollars for this year and on game day, on the day of the last game which did not go well for her, they announced the contract extension for her for next year. As I got she's coming back, and I'm not sure that it's all. The Tech has a huge knownor Cody Campbell, who sold a oil company for four billion dollars. And that's why Tech's got the best the number one rank transfer portal in football. Well also, but I think Patrick may have donated a little bit to the softball pitcher as well, so he's he's got a vested interest in this.
Speaker 3: They wear those poor pictures out.
Speaker 2: That's why that's okay, we're not going to But of course my alma mater, Oklahoma won the last four. Yes, and I'm sorry, I can't get into some and that's that's and my says, stirs. They're they're texting about whatever happens in the games, and I'm not watching. I don't care.
Speaker 4: Because that's one of the I'm not you should but follow it.
Speaker 2: But it's amazing how okay people go to these schools and my okay, my wife she admits she didn't know Tech how to softball team. It's a last week and she's like watching it and she's nervous as could be that we got to win this game. It's a school pride that builds up. That's just amazing.
Speaker 4: Well, oh you should know about that, Oh you you should not.
Speaker 2: But but the reason I don't get into softball is the picture situation. You can because they throw underhanded, there's no stress on your shoulder. They can pitch every game and so it's okay. If you got the great pitcher, then you're gonna win the game.
Speaker 3: Typically, typically they are hitting better than they used to.
Speaker 5: Have.
Speaker 4: You guys seen the I Guess interview that Patrick Mahone's wife UH delivered to UH to Patrick, and they were talking about the things he likes, no, and the kind of food that he eats and things of that nature. So they she was asking him questions. I think he was asking her questions. I think he was asking her questions. See if she knew about him, okay, and she was like a game. She asked, No, one knows what about Yeah, we forget how old we are? She asked him, Well, he asked her, what's my favorite food? And she was just so funny, especially in the black community. She goes fried chicken. He goes, no, it's not. I just I thought that was so funny. She thinks her husband's favorite food is fried chicken. You don't know your her husband's favorite food. And this sounded just so weird because of the way she said it, and of course he you know, was pretty land about no, no fire, chicken is not my favorite food. I just thought i'd bring that up and make it an uncomfortable moment.
Speaker 2: Didn't say what his favorite food is.
Speaker 4: It didn't matter the fact that she got it wrong and the way she said it, It just sounds is so well.
Speaker 2: I guarantee you if Patrick Mahomes, knowing my wife and her family and all the Texas Tech people, if he said whatever hit to his favorite food is, that's their favorite food. That's what Patrick Mahomes means to the Texas Tech people.
Speaker 3: Or they were going to go out and buy that's right, all right, all right, you.
Speaker 2: Got more things on your legal path.
Speaker 3: Well safe. We were going to like what else to watch for the mini camp and I'd love to say the defensive front, but they it's playing Patty Kake them, so you really can't tell. You can tell what the coaches think of them by how they line them up, but other than that, you can't.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's fast this this show is going to have a lot of shelf life here for the next six weeks. So what are you looking for in training camp?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 3: Right there, yes, absolutely, they're not paying that is well, we got to wait four days before we find out. But can Mozsi Smith take the next step, because he's got to take the next step.
Speaker 4: You spoke of the salaries, and the cap is already hit on most teams, So what's the chances that we get a bigger player up front? You on the defensive.
Speaker 3: Line probably have to wait until the Cup. The cuts come like August, I think I just wrote it down. They got to be at ninety three on August twenty sixth.
Speaker 4: So you you would take someone from the first well, that's.
Speaker 3: Like take what it was a big guy they brought, was it or was it Watkins?
Speaker 2: Or was that the year Carlos Watkins was one of them and the year before Joseph Linville. Joseph was in here. Jonathan Hankins.
Speaker 3: Jonathan Hankins because he's the one that went to Seattle. They wanted to resign him and Seattle he and they offered him the same amount of money. But he went to Seattle because his defensive line coach is the defensive coordinator there.
Speaker 4: But if you bring up those guys names, they didn't do much for us.
Speaker 2: Well, and remember and they were bringing in nose tackles left and right, veteran guys from Jordan Phillips to Albert Huggins, and during training camp didn't want to play football, goes to Buffalo, and then he goes to Buffalo and he's wanted to play football again.
Speaker 4: So that.
Speaker 3: Also if Geyton is taking the next step at left tackle, but again we can't see that until they put the pads on. So I think that.
Speaker 4: Has anyone about his progress, Has anyone talked about.
Speaker 3: His Schottenheimer uh praised him for his work in the off season and saying, you know, and he went to point out that he hadn't played much left tackle, uh in his college career.
Speaker 4: You think someone like Nate could help him.
Speaker 2: Nate Newton Well Tying had helped him a little.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Who looks good, by the way.
Speaker 3: When I saw him, I saw him. So he's like at the end over there at the end of the field, right, and I saw this guy standing there and I go, is that the Marcus Ware And and then he came jogging with his son and it's like that's Tyrant. Yeah, man, oh my lord.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So he's helping him.
Speaker 2: I believe there was a report that he's he talked to him once and so the report.
Speaker 4: He's help talkings.
Speaker 3: Yeah, at most we have probably he was out of practice and someone saw them talk to each other or whatever.
Speaker 2: So he's working with you. You know.
Speaker 3: The other position I think is going to be interesting is wide receiver because you know they're what top three If you've got Pickens, Lamb and Tolbert, that's the way they've been going. The next three have been Turpin's fourth right, Uh, Turpin was yes, Turpin Uh, FLOORINOI and Mingo ILINOI. I can't get out of sayoy. Those three are the second line.
Speaker 2: So that there was Turpin, FLINOI, and Mingo right, okay, ILLINOI Mingo.
Speaker 4: To say something. I don't know what each other.
Speaker 3: And so that then you know, leaves Paris Campbell, who's kind of a veteran at least Jalen Brooks who made the team last year. Cropper had it looks like he's had another good offseason, He's had a good training camp, and then he gets in the in the preseason games and disappears.
Speaker 4: If we can get Ferguson healthy, I guess he's healthy. I hadn't heard, yes he is, and get that same attitude back that they had two years ago and if we can get the young running back Blue and work with him, I mean really work with him and get his confidence up to let him know that he could be the man around here. And if not the man, he could be extremely important on passing downs, second and long third downs.
Speaker 2: We may not pair them with lip Key.
Speaker 4: Anyway. Stop anyway. First of all, is gonna get off this year. Okay, He's going to be able to have his little packages. I do believe. I do believe that. But I would just like for us to not worry about a third wide receiver necessarily. I think that we can really confuse people with a running back like Blue in the sight and the tight end, two tight ends, even in the slot.
Speaker 3: See and everybody forgets Tolbert let the team in touchdowns lest year with seven seven.
Speaker 4: And I'm still not impressed. I gotta see more from him. I have to see more from him in regards to getting off the line of scrimmage. I get it, you know, he scored seven touchdowns, but I need to see someone that's going to help me move the chains when my quarterback is in trouble, and I need you to beat that man off the line of scrimmage inside right now, and I don't want any excuses. That's the kind of guy I want to see.
Speaker 3: Well, you know they're doing it now, but I guarantee you there's going to be a turping package out.
Speaker 4: Of the s and there you go. That's that's fine as well. But in regards to UH having to to disguise, yeah, if you bring out a running situation, running personnel, you can easily change that that running personnel into passing personnel.
Speaker 3: And then the other thing is the backup quarterback position. Those guys have got to prove that you can count on and I don't know what the lack of experience that that's going to play.
Speaker 4: Out from either one of the guys.
Speaker 3: Now, I was the practice we watched on Tuesday, Milton I was impressed because he was he was seeing the anticipating the receiver that was coming open right and throwing the ball very accurately, and then he missed the linebacker dropping in the coverage and DeMont Clark picked him off. So I was sitting there until that point I said, Okay, I understand what everybody thinks about his arm. Now he's got to understand where to throw the ball. And then he got picked off.
Speaker 4: And it happens. I mean, this guy's yeah paid. Yeah, that's a good player.
Speaker 3: You know, if you have thirty six touchdown passes, you're probably going to have ten to twelve interceptions.
Speaker 2: It just happens. Okay, we're past time. We're in overtime now, ot okay, way past.
Speaker 4: Yep, So.
Speaker 2: Enjoy your mandatory mini camp and we'll see you and.
Speaker 4: I welcome to overtime now.
Speaker 3: I think you guys should be there to watch mini camp.
Speaker 2: Come on, but we'll see everyone else in Oxnard. Because this is we're done with the mix shots for the seasons.
Speaker 4: This is the last.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's pretty sad, it is, all right. Enjoy your vacation too.
Speaker 3: And yes, using some time, a few vacations, yes.
Speaker 2: All right, and so we will too. Yes, since you've got all this help at CBS eleven, and since we got all our teams out of the playoffs, I'll take vacation, all right. Rangers, Well that's he just said, we got all the teams out of the playoffs. You have been watching them lately.
Speaker 3: Hey, they're starting to hit, all right, so that's it.
Speaker 2: They need to course some runs of course, Yes, all right, Producer Supreme, Well, appreciate you as always. Yes, and we'll see you in Oxnard for the next edition of Mixed Shots, Oh Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.