Speaker 1: Hey, just so you know, I know somebody who went to go see Moodang. Really, yeah, how is she seemed like it was okay. Seemed like it was okay. The person I think just happened to be in the part of Thailand to do it. It wasn't like they went to go see Moodang, so I don't know if they. The reaction seemed very like casual.
Speaker 2: Okay, my eyes are getting watery already, like I'm getting emotional.
Speaker 1: Oh, I guess, I guess we can go check out. O.
Speaker 2: No, I'm just thinking about Moodang right now, and I'm just getting very emotional.
Speaker 1: I love how your fucking love of Moodang has not wavered in any measurable sense.
Speaker 2: It's why I saw someone be like Moodang really fell off. And then somebody was like, people demand too much of female celebrities.
Speaker 3: It was like, that is so true.
Speaker 1: Hello the Internet. Yeah, it's me. Welcome to season three sixty one, Episode five of the dailies I catch up production of iHeartRadio. This is America's only undecided podcast. Were undecided was Arnold Palmer's junk big or small? We don't know. These are the details we're looking for. When considering a presidential candidate. This is a podcast where we take a deep dive into America's shared consciousness. It's Friday. Oh I love saying that it's Friday, October twenty fifth, twenty twenty four. Oh man, we only got a few more days to the election, but that does mean it is National Frankenstein Friday. Shout out all the Frankenstein's, National breadstick Day, National Greasy Foods Day, and Chucky Notorious Killer Doll Day. Oh. Also National Pharmacy buyer Day. Wait, what is a farm? Oh that maybe the person who buys on behalf of the pharmacy. Okay, that probably makes sense. That probably makes sense, But enough about that. More about me I and Miles Great today's host Aka I say May May he's definitely non mouse meat, so taste and after Carville has a trophy.
Speaker 3: Y'all.
Speaker 1: That was a reference to the wonderful James Cobble mouse meat thing I was doing the other day. And that actually comes to us from Zach van Nus on the Discord Server. Thank you Zach van Nuss here who am I joined with and my guest co host see well, it's a wonderful comedian writer scientist, activist, just wonderful person. You can catch them in their monthly show of facial recognition comedy. I like to know them as the day one for mood Dang. Okay, anything that is about Mooddang, I have to run through this person. When there are moodang memes I didn't even know existed or were relevant to me. They do me the honor by sending them to me on Twitter and we have nice back and forths Okay, but I am thrilled and honored to be joined by today's guest co host, probably.
Speaker 3: Mood eg for life. Bitches, get like metal.
Speaker 4: Tatts, mood oh ship that'll fit m O O d E n G with a yeah yeah, yeah yeah, or like with a little dude ag oh yeah, or move or do move with the little little hippo, little hippo and then dang oh yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm not a tattoo designer, but look, I think that is a good idea.
Speaker 3: Design is my passion.
Speaker 1: What no, I was gonna be like? You wouldn't You wouldn't really get it, would you? Maybe if mood passed away memorialized, don't say that I'm sorry before DearS at any moment earlier you were like, you're like mood Egg, but Moodang will grow up, right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: But so what Fritz the hippo from the Cincinnati Zoo grew up and he is or he's gotten bigger. It's take it a while, but he's still like out to antics, you know, and his mom Fiona, we love her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, so your love for Moodan will not waiver based on how grown. Like. It's not that you're just in love with a baby mood Dang. You will take again, Okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I feel like Mooting's like viewpoints are like pretty gray, you.
Speaker 3: Know, pro Palace nine, et cetera.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Also I want to say Wonderwall right, Oasis Right. I follow a dog rescuer who adopted one of his dogs out to a Gallagher.
Speaker 3: Which one the not Liam, the other one Nol Nol. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh so I'm like.
Speaker 3: Following Nol Gallagher's like dog's journey.
Speaker 1: Wow, So you're all about respecting an animal's journey. I love that, especial for all living things, respect things. Uh well, Paula, we are joined today by one of the someone I haven't spoken to in a while, and I'm so glad they're back. First fell in love with the comic, and I'm sure many of you have as well. The red dot. I do like anthropomorphized b plugs. Another specialty. Okay, this is someone who has look is there is mighty with the pen and fantastic with the words, please welcome to the stage, the fantastic illustrator. And I would say comedian as well, because there's so much humor in these. You have to It's inevitable. It's inevitable. They go hand in hand. Please welcome, can't wake me?
Speaker 3: Thank you? AKA.
Speaker 5: Once upon a midnight query, as I draw, weak and weary, I nod, nearly napping, suddenly came a tapping, tapping at my mind, not to ignore, suddenly the thought did I lock my front door?
Speaker 1: Yo? I do that? So I do that so much whenever I leave that sometimes I'm not afraid. I'm not. I guess I am afraid to admit it. But I'm going to admit it. I'll do like a I'll go up this, I'll be up the street leaving my house. I'm like, I probably forgot, and I go back. It's locked. But whatever in my mind that that doubt, it creeps in.
Speaker 5: Oh, I do that, and then I also, I've brought my curling iron with me. What do you mean, like in the I curl my hair. Yeah yeah, if it's still hot, I don't want to come back to a burned down house.
Speaker 3: Not only did you do you unplug it? You bring it with you. Yep, So now I know it's unplugged. That was my car. I bring my whole stove in the car.
Speaker 1: I can't, I can't trust it. Wait, so then you'll hold onto it kind of like just like in one hand had other hand on the steering wheel.
Speaker 5: I would see my passenger princess like just sit there.
Speaker 1: Oh, but it's not enough to melt your car.
Speaker 3: No, no, it's totally odd. Basically you think you're curling iron. It's in its own like car seat.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah no. But I mean if like if the fear is the heat could cause a you know, pyrotechnic event in the home, then wouldn't that standing up?
Speaker 5: Yeah, my mom left her curling iron on and we had to go like sixty miles to get to school. So if we're halfway to school and my mom really realized like, oh crap, I left the curling iron on, it's a it's a gamble, right, So yeah, it's just like those little micro fears, right, And I don't do it nearly as much anymore, but occasionally it happens.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, you should just get a mobile curling iron, do your hair in the car while you're driving, eliminate the fire.
Speaker 3: That also increase the risk in the car. Eat my cereal while I drive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the kind of she ended up on Reddit. They're like, look at this motherfucker curling their hair and handing a bowl of cereal at the same time.
Speaker 3: I'm like, that's a woman. Leave her alone.
Speaker 1: Hatriarchy got them sucked up, I know, I know. Well, Kim, it's great having you. We want to give everyone a little bit of a sneak peek about what we're talking about today. I see a lot of hand ringing from the media about stuff of like, wow, will blackened Arab voters vote? What is going to happen in this election? And I'm like, rather than all the preemptive scapegoating, which I'm becoming very tired of, maybe look at the media too, because they definitely have a hand in fucking around with this election.
Speaker 3: More So, scrubs in the media are responsible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know which black people in the meeting who was Coats's fault.
Speaker 3: I never trusted that. Al Jazeira.
Speaker 1: Like that's okay, you know what, never mind, you're right, You're right. We're also going to talk about you know, we like to talk about anthropomorphized things, and I think with Kim's creativity, this story would really resonate. Netflix has made a movie that is going to be coming out. Look, I love holiday films about a very fuckable snowman, so or maybe not, depending on your taste, but we will talk about this film. Then. Just as we get closer to Halloween, we're about six days away from Halloween, not about we are literally six days away from Halloween. Just want to check in with some of the things that are happening around Halloween. Like the police are up at it with some really stupid ass community events that make no fucking sense of all. Plus the Atlantic, which my god, what a nosedive they've taken as an outlet. They also have this fucking, like really weird article that's like on the internet is completely ruined Halloween. I think we just need to kind of dive into that and dissect what that exactly means, because I don't really agree with it at all. But first before we do any of that, Kim, we got to ask you, what is something from your search history that's revealing about who you are or what you're into right now?
Speaker 3: Fencing lessons, I was gonna say.
Speaker 2: You were saying her pen is mighty, and I'm like, what if she owns what if she owns a sword?
Speaker 3: You don't know? And that she's like fencing lessons.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm trying, Oh shit, okay, go wait for you or oh yeah for me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Like it was one of those things like growing up, I want to like know how to use a freaking sword. But it's one of those like activities after school activities that were way too expensive for a family of six.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so now.
Speaker 5: Most people I would say, like, oh, it's still very fucking expensive.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah. Yeah. There was like a really wealthy school that we used to compete with in elementary school and they had a fencing team. And that's when I was like, oh, yeah, yeah, we're poor, like this is this is some other ship, but come on.
Speaker 3: They made out of myth roll. What's so expensive about.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I think I don't know know, Like you have a thin.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and you wear a white outfit and basically like just mesh on your face.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I think it's the prestige, but I looked it up because we recently moved to Reno and I need to get myself out there, and I'm like, fuck it, let's see if they got fencing, and they do for adults, like beginner fencing, so I'm not like having to stab all these little kids, which would be fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that right, it'd be dope as hell if you were you card.
Speaker 1: Is hard part of that? Or is that just what we used to say? That is okay?
Speaker 5: I have no idea what it means. Well, I guess on guard means like be ready, yeah.
Speaker 1: Right, ye, get on your guard, you know what I mean? Turn your guard post post up? Yeah, exactly. And what are the prices look like for fencing?
Speaker 3: It's still like.
Speaker 5: For a package class that looked like around two thousand dollars for like two months, but they also had, uh the equipment and everything.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Oh, and you get your own ship like that's your like you get your outfit and helmet.
Speaker 5: And or you're like rentals you know, oil rapier.
Speaker 1: What is it a foil?
Speaker 2: Right, there's multiple sword types, right, yeah, like a specific one.
Speaker 3: Well this is like decorative samurai sword flash through.
Speaker 1: Yeah youarm off, that's.
Speaker 3: Gonna be three thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Man, did you watch any fencing in during the Olympics, because I remember there was like, wasn't there one dude who like rejected the results like you.
Speaker 5: Like full on toddler screaming, crying. Yeah. I watched that a few times just because it was funny.
Speaker 1: It's a cool sea.
Speaker 2: I like you saw that and you're like, that could be me.
Speaker 1: I could.
Speaker 3: Do that on the world stage, no problem, right, Kim.
Speaker 1: What's something you think is underrated?
Speaker 3: Uh? State holidays?
Speaker 5: Because today is Nevada Day And did you guys know Nevada has its own holiday.
Speaker 2: I didn't know what do you do to celebrate. Do you gamble?
Speaker 5: Traditionally you go to brothels gamble pay tithings to that's like every state.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well when I moved to California, I was like, when's California Day? And California doesn't have a California.
Speaker 3: Day, but Nevada Day does.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so yeah, I thought California would have a California Day because in Nevada on Nevada Day. It is like like a federal holiday. All the banks are closed, DMVs closed, stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So I was waiting for California Day because you know, everyone wants an extra day off.
Speaker 1: It never fucking.
Speaker 5: Came, and I realized it was, Uh, not every state has it, but every everything feels special like California every day.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying. It's not every state needs one.
Speaker 1: You know, people feel good about ourselves.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's Vegas, but everyone knows Vecas. The rest of us need to feel special.
Speaker 1: Park County is getting all the fucking attention, you know what I mean. Isn't that what the county that the Vegas is in? I think so, yeah, I'm just gonna say that as if I know. I'm pretty sure it is. Yep, it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't know why we don't have I mean, I probably because we also respect a lot of other holidays, and I'm sure other states wouldn't because you know, like some places are like MLK Day even though we're like I think we should all what are we really not gonna okay that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I'm pretty sure like Indigenous People's Day went right over most people's heads here, even though they are a really large community of that, right.
Speaker 1: It probably depends on yeah, the governor and their outlook, and like it's still Columbus Day. We still like Italian genocide or day. Okay, it's one of our favorites.
Speaker 3: Mummy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, shout out the Columbia Saints though, for without which the world might not have potatoes.
Speaker 1: What's something you think is overrated?
Speaker 5: Kim uh fall harvest activities, like people go out apple taking.
Speaker 3: No, that shit sucks.
Speaker 5: Like if you actually have to harvest like I did this year because my parents own grape vines and we picked wine.
Speaker 3: That shit is hard. It is not fun.
Speaker 1: It is don't you.
Speaker 5: Think people are costplaying as basically they want their Instagram pictures and they want their ten apples and that's it.
Speaker 3: It's I did that with strawberries in Japan, and I do it again.
Speaker 2: There's a place extraordinary, you know, and they're like so delicious, They're the most fresh delicious. I like cosplaying as though I'm doing hard work, you know, like I don't want to food.
Speaker 5: The fruit is amazing, like actual fresh fruit.
Speaker 6: I ate more grapes than I picked, right, but going out wild and yearned for the fruit. Yeah, but you get sticky and it's hot, and it's just no.
Speaker 5: No, I appreciate being pampered with my grocery stores, right.
Speaker 1: Sure. We were just talking about how like pumpkin patches are just like a total like cosplay larp scam where they're just like, yeah, we'll just dirty up these pumpkins and put them on the ground. You're like, hey, pick one of these. This patch just opened up where we dropped the pumpkins. Seriously, they grew here. Yeah, yeah, because I mean, I mean, like to actually cut a fresh pumpkin, like you have to get through that really thick stem and stuff. And they're like that people can't do that shit. So we just we let them come by and pick them or charge.
Speaker 3: Them, like a family friendly thing where you just let your kids run around some pumpkins.
Speaker 1: You know, I look as somebody with a little baby. I'm not gonna front. I'm gonna have to go do my do my thing and have to take my pictures with the baby.
Speaker 5: Have you got the pumpkin where you cut out the holes for his or their legs and take a picture.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that is really freaking cute, Like a hollowed out pumpkin pumpkin legs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, legs, he's walking around, He's walking around. We do have a pumpkin like a jack o lantern costume that he might wear, but we'll let him decide. We put the costumes in front of him and then he'll decide his own destiny. And most of the time he'll just pick up my shoe and I'm like, that's not an option.
Speaker 2: But do you see that viral like kid costume where the kid wanted to be pants and his dad made him like an incredible pants.
Speaker 3: Outfit and it was so cute. No, i'll show, we'll link it, but like, so cute.
Speaker 1: Dad, I want to be pants.
Speaker 3: Siously.
Speaker 5: I had to make my costume this year, and I was at the fabric store and this one lady was telling me a kid wanted to be a toothbrush.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they just bought a whole bunch of bristles and felt and they're just gonna be a toothbrush. I love those kind of costumes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let a kid be a kid.
Speaker 2: I hate when they do like family costumes because clearly, like one parent wanted it. Like you're all supposed to be different, weird things. It's not for Instagram.
Speaker 1: Aesthetic. Yeah, yeah, yeah, exactly. Oh here we go. Let's see. This is the child who looks like pant Oh yeah, no, this is man pants. Yeah. God, look, you know I love that. I remember, like I told my mom wanted to be a mad scientist, and she was just like, here, put some hairspray your hair and wear these old glasses frames. And I'm like, I need us, I need like the white lab coat, and begrudgingly I got one. But that was like the furthest my mom ever want, I think, because coming from Japan and being like an immigrant, you're like, what the fuck do you want to buy a fuck? No, listen, like we don't.
Speaker 3: You don't need a costume to worship Satan. You can do that at home.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, I spent all this money worshiping He's everywhere and nowhere.
Speaker 1: Yeah. My mom coming from a Buddhist cultures, like, why these people are so obsessed with this Satan shit? Man, man, why don't you go to figure your fucking life out? Sort of blaming this devil person. Anyway, the worst was.
Speaker 5: Having to wear uh, like a coat over your costume because.
Speaker 3: It was too cold. Yeah maybe not California problem.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know that problem.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I grew up in Utah, so.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if it snows on halloweens, like, screw it, why why why go out anyways?
Speaker 1: One's so you look like a flasher and you're like, and here's my costume and say thank you to prove you're not just a kid in.
Speaker 2: I think we mostly had to wear coats otherwise we'd be really cold because it was Utah and at the end of October and it wasn't as bad climate change wise, but we definitely tried to push it and tried not to wear it. And there were all those you know, like the white kids who like wear shorts in December. They were all like, there were a ton of those, but like, my family was not going to be there.
Speaker 1: Family, No, yeah, we know about pneumonia and we want nothing to do with it, all right, and zigang, let me know if you how do you how do y'all in the cold weather places incorporate the snow outfits with the costume. Do you do you make that part of the costume or are you just doing door to door flashing to prove that you were whatever it was? I'm assuming assuming you're not doing it as adults. So let's just get past why not.
Speaker 3: I think we should. I want to go door to door and get candy.
Speaker 1: All right, well, uh, let's take a quick break and when we come back, we are going to talk about the election a little bit right after this and we're back, Like I said, we are very very close to election day, and you know, as the race gets closer, there's been a lot of early scapegoating draped in polling. You know, how will Arab voters vote, how will the Muslim communities of Michigan vote? Will they let Trump win? There's like that kind of like rhetoric, or will they let Trump win? Why are black men abandoning Kamala? Was her plan not good enough? With the crypto and all the other things. To that, I say, please direct your critiques at the significant voting block that is white America and ask why they aren't bothered. I think that's maybe a little bit of an easier question to ask those those numbers tend to be bigger than the marginal sort of groups that you're using to sort of create this like I don't know pre explanation in the event that Harris does not win. But as Jack has mentioned, the business blocked many times. But the more you look at how billionaires are using their influence to affect the race or just kind of get in the way of like the normal discourse, it's pretty clear that these people have no issue with the Trump presidency either. So I feel like is another worthy question and something that is worthy of some journalistic analysis. First, is the La Times the main newspaper, Yes, the La Times. They are owned by billionaire South African and musk friend doctor Patrick Soon Shung, and he vetoed earlier this week the editorial board's plan to endorse Harris, which resulted in the resignation of the editorials editor Mariel Garza. Doctor Sun Shong tried to explain this away as him like, He's like, well, what I did was I proposed sort of like a like let's take all the issues and analyze how they will affect Americans and give people sort of a non partisan analysis to help voters decide how they would like to vote. But it was quickly dismissed as bullshit, as Mario Garza herself said no, we were planning to endorse. He said no to that shit, and that's why that's why I'm walking from this because these people are fucking meddling and just something that's been very normal practice for the La Times since about two thousand and eight. And I think this also goes along with like the trend we have seen of like the wealthy buying newspapers and gutting them an attempt to kill local journalism, which.
Speaker 3: Is doesn't BeOS on like the Washington Post or something like what.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, he does, he does too, he does too. And we've seen them also have some interesting like.
Speaker 2: A lot of the headlines have become like oh, it's like pretty normal to be in a gatorade bottle and you're like, what what I'm kidding.
Speaker 3: I'm totally joking.
Speaker 5: I know they're on TikTok, I like their TikTok crew.
Speaker 3: Right, the Wappo TikTok. Yeah. Oh yeah. But again, everything's a grain of salt because bezos.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, it's just a very like again, we see that, you know, whether you own a newspaper or sit in the c suite of a you know, conglomeration of a company that you know owns different TV news networks, there are ways to be like, let's do this. Maybe let's not talk about this as we've seen, yeah, clearly for this last year, especially that relates to what's happened in and the gend ongoing genocide there.
Speaker 2: But then all right, and you've convinced me I'm gonna start a paper. I'm gonna for the regular people. Come come don and on and get my Halloway paper.
Speaker 1: See yeah, yeah yeah. So aside from that, and I think a lot of people, there are a lot of celebrities like, well, I never I'm going to cancel my subscription to the La Times. I mean there's a way to get through that with ad blockers and stuff. But I'm not here to advocate for that. I mean, that's just that's what Reddit's for.
Speaker 3: We would never copy and paste it into a Google doc.
Speaker 1: We' would never never look for a cashed version of the website that or use private browsing to try and get in the other way. But then we have the fine folks at MSNBC. You know, they fucking love the horse race and being like, I don't know Trump, I mean it's kind of kooky, but let's you know, maybe he could, maybe he could not. We just don't know. They've been finding very interesting people to platform, like a recent recent segment from Alex Wagner to platform people like these black people in Pennsylvania that will be voting for Trump. Now, anyone who has heard Trump speak may have recognized that a lot of these quote unquote normal voters people had very similar talking points like that they were also repeating, which I get to the repetition of it, kind of like American people just like, yeah, she's not qualified or educated enough. You're like, are you really doing really really there's a lot to say about Harris as a candidate, but they're sort of using like the very truck like this.
Speaker 3: Dumb slut bitch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, excuse me, how are you? And I'm no feminist. There was a woman who said that she's like, and I'm no feminist. I'm like, and that's fine, And I get that that was very clear. But here's the thing I'm not saying that. You know, like, there's no way that there are black people that support Donald Trump. But this is just sort of how I don't know if this is bad journalism or propaganda. When you looked at one of the people that was speaking like to this like this quote unquote panel of like normal voters in Pennsylvania, one of the women speaking is literally a Republican candidate for office that is running this cycle and they.
Speaker 3: Are you saying she's not a black woman?
Speaker 2: Is that what you're saying, Miles, it.
Speaker 1: Is in political art.
Speaker 2: Are you saying she turned black after being a Republican? Is that what you're saying, Miles, Not at all.
Speaker 1: I'm saying this is some opportunistic shit. We've seen places like CNN do that when they have their quote unquote undecided voters, and there are people who are like very much just Trump voters, but they're being like, I don't know, maybe we'll see. It's just sort of like this lack of.
Speaker 2: Undecided and whether they're racist or sexist, how much.
Speaker 3: Money they which one?
Speaker 1: They want to openly admit to being on national television, and I get that is a hard decision to make. I totally get that they're also on Twitter. Some people have alleged that another woman in the video was part of a local Mom's for Liberty group. So hardly just like normal.
Speaker 3: People assurance.
Speaker 1: For me, like that regressive, homophobic group that's like, we don't want kids knowing about anything that will get them to have We don't we're anti empathy, don't look at it.
Speaker 2: Don't look down when you're in the shower. Make your contact with the shower head. It'll let it dribble out. Don't let the shower pressure me too, lie.
Speaker 1: Turn down the water pressure. So again, I'm not sure if this is just bad journalism or just straight up propaganda, but the segment was quite pointless, like when you look at these sort of like the underlying details in main question.
Speaker 2: Yes, Myles, as a black man, how do you represent your demographic?
Speaker 1: What do you mean?
Speaker 2: What like, what are you guys gonna do? What are black men?
Speaker 3: Well, right now, Indian people, we're gonna sell ourselves out.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, yeah, thank you so much, thank you so much. Yes, black people. And look I do have the opportunity to speak for Japanese people too, because we are a monolith.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, yeah, yeah, work known black and Japanese people always voting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, you know, really Hachima Naomi Osaka, you know we're out here, we're trying to make a difference. Although I don't think really can vote because he's not a citizen. But as I have this jersey hanging behind me, but you know, we're gonna do the right thing. What we like to do is just continue to I think the kinta cloth thing in the Capitol rotunda was big, was really big. It was huge. It was a huge. It showed me that Nancy Pelosi's knees were like, she's spry. She was able to take a knee unassisted. And I was impressed with that. I was impressed with that physical ability.
Speaker 3: That's incredible.
Speaker 2: We were went over by when Trump spoke handy really poorly and that weird ad from years ago. Wait, there was an ad where Trump spoke handy and it was like the worst pronunciation.
Speaker 1: Are you for real?
Speaker 3: I'm pretty sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Oh my.
Speaker 2: God, I'm like pandering or whatever. I think he just said like a few words, but it was really bad.
Speaker 5: He did that for Nevada in twenty sixteen. It's like in Reno, He's like, everyone says it's Nevada, but I know we all know it's Nevada, and Nevada's get so pissed off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't say Nevada. Come on now, I know better than that. Uh, as someone who's had to campaign for another person many years ago. Oh wait, here's the app keybar Trump chawcar. Oh hold on, hold on, I'll by Keybar Trump Chokkar.
Speaker 2: Wait, wait guys, you guys are watching Like the way his mouth is moving, it's like HINDI was never meant to be spoken out of those lips.
Speaker 1: He's like, sar car, Yeah, I've never seen somebody. I don't see. I've never seen anyone speak any language with their mouth that wide open, unless you're looking at the words like a video game puzzle. It's like up, key bar Trump, star Car.
Speaker 5: Wow, it looks like he's prepping for a blowjob, to give a back.
Speaker 1: Yeah wow, I did not Wow.
Speaker 3: Okay, it was like the volley or something. I don't know, but it was uh and that won our vote. And that's probably why Osha married Vance. I don't know. Maybe yeah, who knows. That's all that matters.
Speaker 1: She's like, no, I really appreciate the effort he put in. Holy shit. And then so on Fox there was like there's just another moment. We shouldn't be surprised. They like Trump visited that barbershop in the Bronx. They edited the fuck out of that entire interaction to make it seem like he even knew how to listen to and answer questions. The unedited video is just another example of just how fucking out of it Trump is, but that's nothing new to most people who are observing the selection. But yeah, I just think so much is also being ignored about how in terms of like the mainstream media, and they wouldn't deign to criticize Harris in this moment, but like the moves that the Harris campaign themselves are making quite possibly will be their own undoing, like pivoting to the right on huge issues matter to their supporters, like law enforcement reforms, if any, immigration, just being like, yeah, we're basically can go as hard on immigration as Trump Gaza.
Speaker 3: I also like beyond strategy.
Speaker 2: I know we're like all caught up in like strategy and it's politics and it's capitalism and it's evil. But it also just sucks that they don't care. They don't have any morals and they don't care about anything. I know, we know this, and we've been knowing this, and that's what this country was founded on. But in the spirit of Moodang's innocence, I just want to take a moment and he with Moodang that people like don't do things for the sheer reason that it's good to bite your keeper.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean, like it's just sad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, totally. And I think it's clear that they're like, well, we're not going to do any of that stuff that would be like you know, actually beneficial to people, but detrimental to like our police industrial and military industrial states. That they will also like they're like, so let's just pick off some exhausted white Republican voters and see if like that can be it, because we're not going to do this other stuff that is just way too much. That's u uh uh. And and again, like I've said this before, if if they think like doing the off brand version of the GOP is going to be effective, uh you got, you might have another thing coming here, because if these people want to see more suffering at the border and for like people of color, they have the candidate for that, and they will go all in on that. They are telling you that as much, why settle for this watered down version if that's like that important of an issue to someone as a voter. So the logic is baffling, but go ahead, the maga.
Speaker 3: Maga aribs. Oh my god.
Speaker 1: But yeah, like again, go ahead, pin this on progressives and people of color rather than the Democratic Party's insistence on maintaining this cruel and awful version of American democracy.
Speaker 2: Please also slite point. People keep like conflating all these different demographics, like Arabs aren't all Muslim, most of them are Christian, And you're like.
Speaker 3: They're like, it doesn't I don't know. It feels like really stupid the boxes they're putting people.
Speaker 1: Into it in this weird way.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Anyways, well then again, people opening their worldview.
Speaker 3: We can't do that.
Speaker 5: Everyone has to be in their own little box.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, you look at those those those images of what's happening around the world. Oh my god, how do you do it? Anyway, I'm a congress person and you're like, what you're not? Fuck?
Speaker 3: Okay person, you've never heard of Moodang? Okay, sorry, fucking do.
Speaker 1: You know what's going on in Thailand right now?
Speaker 3: Fucking eyes?
Speaker 1: My guy, look at this greasy the blush on her cheese. She's eight Yeah, fuck it twenty he write it in fuck it she.
Speaker 3: Would be a better alter. Wait, not this year.
Speaker 1: Not if you want Hey, look if you're if you're Moodang twenty four, glad do you.
Speaker 3: Think they're gonna be like birther people like, was you born?
Speaker 1: I have it on good authority that this hippo is from Thailand, and you're like, have it on good Wow, that's.
Speaker 3: You're racist, running mate. Yeah, he was the giant penguin. Miles, Oh my god, Myles.
Speaker 1: Low information voter.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, did you already knowing about Pesto?
Speaker 3: Yo?
Speaker 1: Oh but wait, but I'm based off this coat. Isn't that like a young penguin.
Speaker 3: Baby Penguins, Miles.
Speaker 2: He is a baby and he's standing next to his parents and he's a million times bigger than them and he's just a little baby.
Speaker 1: Oh, this is the Lebron James of penguins.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's what we're saying. That's baby Pesto.
Speaker 1: Oh the muscle to.
Speaker 3: MoU Dang's cuteness. She gets like, oh, is he old enough to run for VP? The experience?
Speaker 1: Does he lack the experience? He hasn't even he hasn't even lost his baby down coat yet or whatever that phase of either.
Speaker 3: New like progressive actually progressive John Fetterman, Okay, I've.
Speaker 1: Never seen him assaulted couch, so you know he's got he's got and yeah, he hasn't been compromised by different interest groups. I love that. I love that. Okay, so let's move on to this Netflix movie about the hottest fucking snowman you've ever laid your mortal eyes on.
Speaker 3: Speak for yourself.
Speaker 5: I've seen hotter, I've made hotter snowman. Okay, I like dadod Snowman's thank you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, there you go, there you go. Yeah exactly what is this traditional version of hot we're being sold? But so we all watch the trailer for this new Netflix movie. I've already forgot the name of it, Uh hot Frost Frost, which is very odd. So Netflix is they're really hot you We've got the high as the meats.
Speaker 3: Imagine a Frosty but it's melted in meats.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, Wendy's you're missing out. I mean, y'all own that frosty shit. But I think again, we've seen the Obviously, holiday movies are very popular. I'm a very I'm very much into holiday movies myself. I love it. It's trash. It's like wallpaper, being not white and never having Christmas like white people do. I like to live in their fantasy worlds in the form of these like Terrible Sacharin Holiday films. So this movie which we all subjected ourselves to watching the trailer two so we could speak accurately on what this thing.
Speaker 3: Is offering journalists here.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is a movie where Lacy Shaybar, who you might know from a lot of Holiday Channel or Hallmark Channel, rom com. She was in Party of Five, Me and Girls, et cetera. She's playing a widower who brings a nude ripped snowman to life with a magical scarf.
Speaker 2: Also, this snowman is in like the town's where being like naked and like with a like stores in school and just like right there he is.
Speaker 1: See this is why Moms for Liberty is right?
Speaker 3: What if it was their version of Jesus.
Speaker 1: That have been so much funnier And it's like I am Jesus, Like, oh damn, I'm just trying to fuck hol me my bad. Can I get my scarf back so you can melt away? So apparently this guy's only had like a few days, like he's only like he was literally born yesterday, as he was brought to life by this magical scarf. He has a very limited time on earth. Quote before he starts to melt they naturally obviously start dating. And it features comedic actors like Craig Robinson and like Joe Joel Latruglio. So it's clear like there is a level of self awareness to this comedy that is like absurd, but also they also want to get the traditional holiday people up in.
Speaker 2: I don't think this is actually a Christmas movie. This is a movie about how hard it is to day in l a. Okay, I will take a man that melts in three days over some of them.
Speaker 5: I will literally snowman, I can't find anyone car if.
Speaker 3: My pussy freezes and falls off.
Speaker 5: Okay, I got this car, I got this cart I got this carrot from sprouts and tell me it cannot be used.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: So also Krishelle ss Stoss always Chrischelle from Selling Sunset.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that was oh my god. Good is she with the dude from This is Us dumped her?
Speaker 2: And then and then now she's dating G and they're like a really popular Australian or married to G and they're a really popular Australian. But she also dated her Selling Sunset boss and she still works with one of the.
Speaker 1: Very strange I remember watching that when G was introduced and one of the twins was just sort of like, oh, I'm sure with this and.
Speaker 3: I'm fine at night every day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love watching that show because despite all the money those two have, they are fucking broken people.
Speaker 3: They're sad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we watched the trailer. I'm just what are your thoughts on this? Because oh, before I want to I just do want to preface this is part of Netflix's like holiday stravaganza where they're going to be releasing a new Christmas movie every Wednesday throughout the month of November.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna fucking cry. You're releasing all those movies. You couldn't even get me a single line in any of them. I want to be in a bad movie, so bad Netflix, I will not call it a bad movie. If you put me in it, I will be I don't care, I'll be any I'll be this day of an Indian person, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, would you be in one that was like a totally fucked up take of like Indian Christmas kind of ship.
Speaker 3: I had to do that for my sixth grade choir. You think I wouldn't do that? The Netflix, the world. They never let me sing in anything.
Speaker 2: And then they did a fucking Chris miss around the World and I had to be one of the stars because they didn't have enough brown people in my fucking Utah elementary school, so I had to teach them about the volley and they never let me sing again because Yeah, I'll wear a sorry, I don't care, get me on screen. Okay, I will dress sorry, Okay an auntie to life?
Speaker 1: Would you be? Would you be in a holiday rom com about a single Indian woman trying to find love on during the holidays called a Sorry not sorry?
Speaker 3: I will write it.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 3: And there I know what's gonna happen is I will be cast as a friend.
Speaker 1: I don't care. I'll do that.
Speaker 3: I wrote it, directing it, and they made me the friend or I'm like the seven eleven. I don't give it, put me in it.
Speaker 1: I will.
Speaker 3: I told you earlier in this episode, I sell my people out.
Speaker 1: Okay. The price, there is a price is.
Speaker 2: Going to be the main Indian girl with that, Yeah, right, exactly, just throw back to by Hankah's.
Speaker 1: Area, full on brown face, you know it? Oh my god, Oh my god, what if.
Speaker 3: What if we say this?
Speaker 1: And that's one of the movies they released.
Speaker 3: Netflix right now. They're like some other Indian person gets to be the best friend. I'm like, what the fuck?
Speaker 1: They're like, did you did you leak to sorry? Not sorry concept? Someone just quote these three people just said the entire film right now, with the title, with the plot and the cast, We're fucking up. I don't know. I love holiday films. I don't know about y'all, but Kim, I will ask you, as someone who as a cartoonist illustrator, you you have an imagination of things that are not typically coming to life, coming to life, having personalities. What what what's your critique on seeing the the huge nippled ripped o man guy and his life and him coming to consciousness?
Speaker 3: Well, two thoughts.
Speaker 5: One is I I did notice the lack of sentient bug butt plug representation.
Speaker 3: I felt that was needed.
Speaker 5: But I would totally watch this un ironically. If this was done in old school claymation style, that would be the best.
Speaker 3: I miss that. It would be so perfect to have hot Throsty one hundred and five.
Speaker 1: Is so funny. He's like, I'm melting kids, and as that happens, just a butt plug drops and the winnower picks it up.
Speaker 2: A single tear rolls down her eyes about what's inside you all alone with children?
Speaker 1: It's medical, Leane. Yeah, I I I was like it was I. Look, I'll watch any holiday films, so I'll probably watch this. Obviously. There is like a thing where I'm kind of like the Frosty watch party. I think we should. I think we should depending on how I mean, by the time it comes out, I have a feeling will still be in the throes of debating the election and whether or not it's certifiable. So in that liminal space where we're, you know, on the edge of total collapse, this may be the one thing that that soothes our nerves, in which case, yeah, maybe we should do that. Just yeah, yeah, truly, Oh wow, what's happening? I don't know. This fucking snowman is hot, though, so fucking hot. The other thing that is interesting too is that Lacy Shape was named in an age discrimination lawsuit against Hallmark, which could explain the switch to Netflix. Because if and look, I'm all about the like many days of Christmas shit they do on Hallmark, but there's a go damn near every day there's a new holiday movie. She her shit is all over her face is in she stars in this shit. So I wonder if they did the thing where they're like, all right, she aged out, we're done with her.
Speaker 5: Looks so young, she doesn't look anything different than mean girls.
Speaker 1: Honestly, it said Hallmark did not want to cast old people like Holly Robinson, Pete and Lacey Shaber Wait.
Speaker 3: From the article and Variety, it says Lacey's getting older and we have to find someone like her to replace her as she gets older. Hamilton Daily allegedly said, damn, okay.
Speaker 2: I like how women are always like told like, oh my god, don't be so competitive with younger women, because like you're always acting like they're trying to replace you.
Speaker 3: Meanwhile, like men are like, yeah, we're replacing you that you're afraid of.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Then he told Apparently the same guy told this casting director Penny Perry, who's seventy nine years old, that constantly she was quote too long in the tooth. I'm sorry that quote. Does that mean that is too long in the tooth for you to be casting aspersions on people?
Speaker 3: Also, if you use the phrase too long in the tooth, you're fucking too long, as.
Speaker 1: It's exactly.
Speaker 3: Say her Aura was off.
Speaker 1: Jesus, Yeah, what is the etymology? Like, you're like a.
Speaker 3: Recession.
Speaker 5: We can't have her because of her ginger vitis. Guys like it's noticing Oh my god, you know how Oh I guess it is. It alludes to a horse's gums receding with age. We're talking about we're talking about livestock.
Speaker 3: Over here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, old horsemouth. Look at that. We can't cast it only wants to fuck this old horse mouth. All right, let's move on. Let's find something different. Anyway, So this is all part of a very new exciting time here. We will see where this goes. I'm glad they're finally snow men to fuck.
Speaker 2: I guess we're gonna go outside. We're gonna see a bunch of snowmen and a bunch of holes in them, and we're gonna be like, how did the men get a hold of it?
Speaker 1: I know they're like, you don't worry about the men.
Speaker 3: There will be at least one carrot pun in that movie.
Speaker 1: That let's take some odds. Okay, there will be a carrot pun. There will have to be some kind of like like, clearly, this guy's like kind of an alien because he's just become human and like where he doesn't realize like he can't get naked all the time, probably kind of thing that seemed like that was sort of the case in the trailer where he's like so hot.
Speaker 2: Feels like there is like this theme of like women falling in love with dudes who just appear like what was it enchanted or like, I guess that was the reversal of it, but it's I don't know. I feel like it is like our version of like when men go for like nineteen year olds, we're like, no, no, we still want them to be an adult, but not ruined by the.
Speaker 3: World exactly we want we want them to not have met other.
Speaker 2: Men before they met us, right, and we want the patriarchy to not have insidiously.
Speaker 1: Ruined the Yeah, I mean, I think the one knock that goes against him looks like his tooth. Only friends are cops. So we'll see how that works out. So true, we shall see. Okay, let's take a quick break and we'll come back to check in with an overall terrible take from the Atlantic about Halloween when we get back, and we're back, so Halloween mere days away at this point, I still don't know what I'm going to be for Halloween. I think I'm going to be Mookie Bets because we have the same male pattern, baldness, and I think face or idic ability. Yeah, I cannot hit. I cannot swing the bats like Mookie Bets or maybe Dave Roberts, who is a black and Asian, or Jack Black Andese manager of the Dodgers. I don't know. Do y'all have costumes? Jet?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 2: I okay, I have had an idea for a costume, but I'm like trying to get I'm all up in these couple's costumes things because I'm like, well, I have Jack Keith, I need to have a couples I never got to do that before. I have an idea, but we're gonna, We're gonna. I don't want to say what it is, but yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah in the costumes, Kim, are you are you able to disclose what you may or may not be?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: No, one I know listens. I have friends that listen, but I don't care if they know I am doing a couple's costume. Okay, And I'm going to be Princess Ariel in her pink dress. Oh and my husband is ordered to be No, he's going to be a dingle hopper. He's going to be a fucking.
Speaker 1: Fork like that.
Speaker 3: I knew it wasn't gonna be Eric.
Speaker 2: I knew it.
Speaker 3: I like because he's a tool for you to eat, for me to eat.
Speaker 5: My sisters are going to be other Disney princesses, and their husbands are also going to be like obscure props from the movie.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 1: I love that you got things got plenty or twenty? How many think about Bobs? Did you have twenty or plenty twenty? Okay, good funny, Yeah, thank you. I just want I want to be accurate when I evoke a little mermaid lore. So we're all excited. We have costumes that are informed by our love of culture and whatever's out there. But according to a recent Atlantic article, they are arguing that quote the Chronically online have stolen Halloween. Wow. Why Because while I guess the most popular Halloween costumes this year are like people like Beetlejuice or inside Out, the second most popular costume of all is Reagun, the wonderful, whimsical Australian be girl that took our hearts during the Olympics. And while she obviously appeared in the Olympics like via you know, traditional Olympic coverage, she became just huge because of the fucking memes and the other viral outfit which I know my esteemed a guest co host is going to love to hear, is the hippo moodang seems to be very popular, whether that's just people getting like normal looking hippo costumes or as I've posted in here in the Dock, one of the most horrifying masks I've ever seen that looks like some shit out of the Island of Doctor Moreau, like humanoid hippo person.
Speaker 2: These aren't necessarily like masks, like some of them are like makeup artists, like creating like a moodang.
Speaker 3: Look, yeah, I can't that one is terrifying.
Speaker 1: That that's terrifying. That one is Harry.
Speaker 3: I saw one that was like really cute.
Speaker 1: Yeah see, I'm all, I'm all about the cute shit. The I'm trying to be like sort of biologically uh anatomically accurate to having if both spaces would look on my human face, not so much. But the article it goes on to like complain about like meme culture on Halloween costumes. Like in twenty sixteen, remember Ken Bone, that guy who asked like a during like a town.
Speaker 2: Call forget Yeah, Jamie Loftis just had him on her podcast. Yeah yeah, yeah, oh the sixteenth minute.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he wore that like red sweater and it was like, dude, and his name's Ken Bone. This shit is fucking dope. He's undecided anyway. It goes on to say, quote meme costumes not only persist, they have become even more online today, participating in Halloween can feel like being in a competition you did not enter one that prioritizes social media attention over genuine person to person interactions.
Speaker 2: What Yeah, this person was a huge fan of sexy nurses as person to person and they were like, can we go back to the old days where women look like they were about to fuck you at apart like they.
Speaker 3: Profession is sex?
Speaker 1: Hey, can you take my temperature? Rectily? Nurse? You're like, what the fun? This is what I miss from the person that we could casually sexually harass someone based on their fucking costume? How am I supposed to harass a moo?
Speaker 2: Dang?
Speaker 3: How is that the about that happened?
Speaker 1: What do I look like hitting on a pigmy hippop.
Speaker 3: I try to slap for cheeks. It's got stuff in in there, you know.
Speaker 5: But this is where hot Frosty comes in and is progressive because now we're objectifying a man, right, a snowman, Yes.
Speaker 3: Snowman, thank you.
Speaker 1: The scales have been balanced. But the article goes on to note like it's stuff like the meme invasion threatens the spirit of Halloween. Let me just read this whole quote because it is this person again, speaking of broken people quote. In my experience, an interaction with these meme hipsters, a moment that should be one of immediate recognition and joy becomes a lengthy, borderline, inscrutable conversation. I had no idea I would be saddled with when I tried to make small talk instead of connecting, I feel alienated, and not just because I don't understand. Within seconds of embarking on these conversations, it becomes clear that costumes aren't intended for my or any other partygoers consumption.
Speaker 2: What what? I'm sick of carrying other people's trauma from not recognizing their Halloween costumes. I'm doing this emotional laboring.
Speaker 5: He just trying a hisssy fit because no one sends him any memes. This man is lonely and crying out for help.
Speaker 1: Yeah, truly it does feel very much like I don't have friends all day exactly. Oh you know what? Sorry? And and I know this feels I should have we should have known. This is actually from Kate Lindsey is the person who wrote this at the Atlantics.
Speaker 3: Okay, so she doesn't have friends.
Speaker 1: What do I say this one? I just want to be accurate.
Speaker 2: We're also it's the year of our Lord and Savior. Moodangs twenty twenty four, Like why would you be worried about memes?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I get around for fake fucking ever and based on like I'm just gonna show you, this doesn't look like an elderly person. This just looks like again, I think more to your point, I think, Kim, were you saying that? This just sounds like someone who's like, why don't it? Why don't you guys sell me any memes?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: This person has ever heard of an inside joke? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Outside? Yeah? All need they all need to be at least based on something that happened in a friend's episode, because I know that stuff.
Speaker 5: Okay, someone sent her one big Chungus meme and she just lost it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, She's like, isn't that bugs Bunny? No, it's big Chungus. So again she feels alienated and we should do everything we can to accommodate this woman. She said, if our costumes aren't for the people, for the other people in this room, then what are what are we all doing here? And yet I in my pumpkin costume or celebrity get up and made out to be the problem. If you're like, okay, just please shut up. The La Times, who you know, the owner, did a terrible job talking, you know, just running the paper. I will point out that they did have an article that added some like context to this whole idea of dressing up for Halloween. They did say, they did talk about how this is now a digital first holiday and it's meme inspired. But they add some context. Okay, So for what even like the generic pop culture costumes that you know, arguably have seeded like some of their cultural space to memes were once new and different. You know, that was like marking a shift from the traditional spooky costumes. They only became widely popular in the fifties. So quote. This is from the Endly Times article. It was during the nineteen fifties that costume became a major retail business in the US. For instance, as costume companies like Collegeville and Bencooper bought the licensing rights to film and television characters from Superman to Donald Duck. They said, this is all kind of changed why and how people dressed.
Speaker 2: Like more for the times, and nothing bad ever happened in the fifties, So they were right to see.
Speaker 1: Flawless era, absolutely flawless era. My consciousness really doesn't begin till about two thousand and two. For whatever reason, I don't know why. This is how things were. But then there's another interesting part that the shift like to sort of make Halloween like a thing that focused on kids was to basically respond to the waves of youth vand that started during the Great Depression. So in the Halloween of nineteen thirty three, hundreds of teenage boys flipped over cars, sought off telephone polls, and engaged in other acts of vandalism across the country.
Speaker 3: Okay, so Halloween was the perch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the weird way.
Speaker 3: I want to be part of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Wow, let's distract, let's sugar up these teenage boys.
Speaker 1: I'm also like, whose cars are they flipping over? Because if they were flipping over the cars of the wealthy during the Great Depression, upside down a horse like, yeah, my penny farthing has been flipped, I say so. Apparently, quote, concerned adults started organizing neighborhood activities like trigger treating, haunted houses and costume parties to keep young people from making trouble or starting a proletarian revolution. This new focus also led to new types new types of costumes for kids. Naturally, But then again, this article is just pointing out this sort of evolution of our use of costumes. In the seventies. A big part of things changed because because of the LGBTQ community. This is again for this argy in gays. Look what they did, Look what the games Halloween spam.
Speaker 2: A devout Christian, I love Halloween and I don't want it to be touched by these queas, so it said.
Speaker 1: Then this is again from the same All Times article. Quote. Then, in the nineteen seventies, according to Morton, the queer community played a significant role in making Halloween a celebration for adults too. Quote. Before that, Halloween was almost exclusively for kids. Then counterculture groups such as the LGBTQ plus community came along and said, no, this can be an adult holiday and we're claiming it, and thank God for that, or else we would not have these parties where we can embarrass ourselves with our maybe overly obscure costumes or super memi costumes. And I'm not mispronouncing meme. I'm saying meme e like in adjective. Just want to put that on.
Speaker 3: You sound like an idiot, Miles, move on.
Speaker 1: I sound like I'm long in the tooth. You sound so long in the fucking tooth right now.
Speaker 3: They're so fucking long right now.
Speaker 1: Hear your long tea.
Speaker 3: Fucking kill the Dennis my god.
Speaker 1: So again, I mean, like, yeah, the now that like media is just the way we ingust media has changed. It just means that people and like it's not just like the costume companies don't dictate what the popular characters are. Like, it's been democratized in a way where it's like, oh, yeah, we've all embraced wearing costumes and now just do shit that we fucking like, what is the fucking problem with that?
Speaker 5: Well, this should be like celebrated because this is what pete capitalism. Right, you're gonna sell what's gonna sell, So why are we bitching about it? Plus, the Internet anyways is already being incorporated into the mainstream like hot ones. You've got a less celebrities from movies on the fucking internet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is such a.
Speaker 3: Non broken and aiden ross. Yeah all like there is no old time new like this is all related.
Speaker 1: It's just so odd And obviously let it be the antic that's like just digging their heels into like the ground, like we cannot move from this place.
Speaker 2: Okay, God damn, I said, Okay, Kodak because thedn't they like lose like majorly and like or like no, was it Kodak Or there was like some camera company that refused to like go digital and then they just it was Kodak, right, Yeah, they just died out because they couldn't keep up with the times.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well look at you now. Now you're an ironic thing we say, or that you know, Cardi B can kind of flip for one of her hit songs, Boudak Yellow. But yeah, this is just a I just think just such a weird, weird take to have when like, yeah, I know, so like so many adults are the like people I know who are most into Halloween are the fucking adults.
Speaker 3: It's also so fucking wholesome, like, let people have fun.
Speaker 2: This is better than you Like, yeah, everything weird people do is so much like fun and so inclusive and like involves costumes.
Speaker 5: And my hot take has been Halloween is a more charitable and like community based event than Christmas because you're just giving out candy for free with nothing expected in return. Where Christmas you got to give like you have to and you have to give back, where Halloween is like here you go neighborhood.
Speaker 2: Cute who hosts parties, Like it's a place for people to come together, make eye contact, ask questions about other people's interests based on their costumes, and actually learn something rather than feel alienated.
Speaker 1: Yeah it's again to your point, Yeah, it really is more communal based because that is the time you actually get out, you talk to your neighbors, you interact with them. Yeah, Christmas, Segnes, I mean unless you're unless you have a tight knit neighborhood, you've probably been like we're doing because I think also like families and yeah, it stresses people the fuck out. But anyway, I think, look, let's all embrace it in our own way. Don't just don't please, don't do anything fucking racist. That's pretty much the rules. That's it. Other than that than fucking knock yourself out. Unless you just hang out on the hippos, we're allowed to dress as moodang right, thank you, And I'm so glad you say that that you you so you are refusing to appropriate pigmy hippo culture kind of I can get that.
Speaker 3: I refuse.
Speaker 2: I refuse to appropriate, and I apologize in the past for when I have appropriated pigmy hippo or lie in culture when I really wanted to be Simba.
Speaker 3: I'm so sorry. That was a different time. It was the nineties.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. All right, Well look, Kim Hollavey, thank you so much for joining me today on the Daily zeite Geist. Kim, I first want to thank you and ask you where that people can find you, follow you, support, your Patreon, et cetera. And what is a work of social media or other media generally that you've been enjoying.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you can find me the double Underscore red dot on Instagram, Twitter, I'm on Reddit, my Patreon if you like spicy adult theme comics, I got you back.
Speaker 3: And uh.
Speaker 5: One thing that I've been really enjoying is another web comic artist called the Other End, and he's on Instagram and Reddit, and he has this awesome style that's like an homage to Sunday newspaper comics but in a modern feel, and they're like semi long form and just so fucking off the wall funny, like I look forward to his work every weekend because he posts on Saturdays. So definitely recommend that guy. And then Kevin can go fuck himself. The AMC show. I just bingched that and that was really really cool.
Speaker 3: Oh really okay, yeah that was in Shit's Creek.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah yeah yeah, oh dope.
Speaker 5: I feel bad for not having your name. But it's a twist on like doing a like hard drama and a sitcom.
Speaker 3: In a relationship. Really really cool show. Sure two seasons.
Speaker 1: Okay, love that, Love that, Paulay, Thank you so much for joining me.
Speaker 3: Hold on, I want to go get my works of media that I'm looking at.
Speaker 1: One second, are they like physical books?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: Oh oh, I look that.
Speaker 3: I look at books.
Speaker 1: They're not. It's just prints out, printouts, of Netflix. This one. I like this one. You like Love is Blind? Hey, I love it too good. Yeah, I'm just saying printing.
Speaker 3: Don't go there.
Speaker 1: You think I'm watching holiday films and I don't love Love is Blind.
Speaker 3: Come on now, true true, Okay. I am at Poulvan Alan p A L l A v I g u n A l A n everywhere.
Speaker 2: I run a show with my friends called Facial Recognition Comedy at the comedy store monthly. Our next one is I believe November fifteenth. It's like the third Friday of every month. And I'm in my reading era.
Speaker 3: Guys, I mean my fucking reading era.
Speaker 2: I fucking love it. I have been reading Stephen King. But these are three books that I'm about to start. And I got them from the Ripped Bodice in Culbe City. I love that place. I go there and do shows. They have shows on Thursdays. I don't know if it's every Thursday, but they do have shows on Thursdays, and every time I go, I'm like, oh my god, I'm gonna spend all my money and I do. Okay, I haven't read these yet, but I love the idea of these authors, and I also know Alicia Rye, who was on a show that I was on called South Asian af And this one looks fucking hot and sexy.
Speaker 1: It's called I Hate To Want You.
Speaker 2: It's part of like the Forbidden Heart series. I think this one is I think more fantasy, The Jasmine Throne by Tasha Surrey, and I'm really excited to read this. And then this one is apparently really funny. It's by a black female author named Kimberly Lemming and it's called and she has a whole series, and.
Speaker 3: This is the first one.
Speaker 2: It's called that speaking of fucking hot frosty Snowman that time I got drunk and saved a demon.
Speaker 3: It's like her falling in love with I can't.
Speaker 1: Wait to read this.
Speaker 3: I'm excited, and she's like she's drinking out of like one of the like Renaissance thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, barrel of beer. Yeah yeah, it's fucking awesome. But I love that bookstore, so.
Speaker 1: Go support it. Yeah yeah yeah, just support all independent booksellers, please please, yeah. Please. A couple of things I like verst to tweet from at its Porter tweeted a lot of y'all don't understand politics because your history teacher was the football coach. And yep, that that resonates.
Speaker 3: Was that a dramatic hit at Tim Waltz.
Speaker 1: In a weird way? Maybe? Then there was then another thing I'm like speaking of, like romance. I have a friend Rahannah shout out Rohanna. She is into like like really all kinds of smut like romance stuff, but like she's like, I don't say, I don't say, she's I don't say no to anything like And recently I've I've said she read like fucking fifty books over the last like two months, like three months, and one she showed me was called Hollow Pean Okay, And it was about a woman who gets involved is fucking a man entirely made of candy. And I know what you're asking, what is the made rock candy? Okay? You ask? Then you ask what comes out of sid rock candy when this person reaches climax? Gummy bears? And she's also interested in being.
Speaker 3: Do you have a gummy bear? Baby?
Speaker 1: Look, this is I'm just telling you. The excerpts that she read to me were sentences I had never heard before ever in the history of human language, Like they are unbelievable, And I'm not saying you should check it out, but I'm just saying I heard about it, and I said, this ship is ridiculous, and apparently it's a very short read, so if that is stray.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they were mini size candies, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Exact, miniature, fun size, Yeah, fun size, fun size, fun size. But I loved I love hearing about shit like that, and please send your recommendations to us as well for that kind of thing. You can also find me at Miles and Graham Twitter and Instagram. You can find Jacket on the basketball podcast Miles and checkot Mad Boosties, and I talked about ninety day Fiance on four to twenty Day Fiance as well. You can find us at daily Zeitgeist on Twitter, at the daily zeit Guist on Instagram, got a Facebook fan base and a website, Daily zeitch guich zeitgeist dot com where we post our episodes and our footnotes who threw it up to myself and finished it where you can hear episodes obviously and links to the articles that we talked about as well, and the song that we are going to ride out on. I just found out about this new band. It's a group of siblings that I believe are from Detroit. They are called Infinity Song and they have a track called Metamorphosis. They're sort of like a soft indie like band uh and they're like these four black siblings. The track is Dope Metamorphosis. Check it out anyway. Infinity Song with the track Metamorphosis. So the Daily seit Geist is a production of iHeartRadio. So for more podcasts from my heart Radio, visit the iHeart Radio Apple Podcasts or wherever you listen to your favorite shows for free. That's gonna do it for us this week. We will be back on Monday to tell you what's trending until then on Guard and au Bo or on Guard Bye I'm Gay, Goodbye,