Speaker 1: At least.
Speaker 2: He's the Drive with Dale Lolly and Matt Williamson on your twenty four to seven home of the Black and Gold Steelers Nation Radio.
Speaker 1: And we are back. I am Dale Lollly, he is the Matt Williamson and this is kicking off our number two of the Drive here on Steelers Nation Radio. And as we do the kick off our number two, it's time to take a look at the Fantasy Football Focus and we'll take a look at this week's top performers. And Matt only one three hundred yard passers.
Speaker 3: Hey, it was the week of the running back. Yeah, big running back week.
Speaker 1: Josh Allen twenty one to thirty three for three hundred and twenty three yards, two touchdowns in that game against the Tennessee Titans. They were down for a long rust of that game right and came back in one. Jared Goff had two eighty and two touchdowns. Played really well. Drake May two seventy six and two touchdowns. He makes some throws, but he doesn't pass the eye test to me. Oh, I love him. I will disagree on that one. He is nothing around him. I understand that, but he just still makes some throws. I'm like, where was he trying to go with that?
Speaker 3: Oh, there's some of those, for sure, But for fantasy, I think he's a great asset for fantasy. I have no problem to build a team around him.
Speaker 1: I like him a lot. Aaron Rodgers two seventy six to one touchdown, two interceptions. He did not play well. No, I didn't think so either. Hey, the six passes that he threw to Brice Hall traveled about a total of fifteen yards, and Breese Hall did everything. Yes. Side of that, there was there were no.
Speaker 3: He missed something, he missed it, some ones he usually doesn't miss. And there weren't many wow throws. He usually has a couple of wild throws. I didn't see hardly.
Speaker 1: Any of those. Yeah, I didn't see that. Russell Wilson actually fifth two sixty four and two touchdowns, just ahead of Sam Darnold, Kirk Cousins. Some of these guys didn't play well. Jordan Love did it again, only two hundred and twenty yards, but three more touchdown passes.
Speaker 3: He throws the ball the end zone, and he's got good receivers and he's a heck of talent.
Speaker 1: In fact, those three touchdown passes were the high for the week. Nobody else had more than two. So it wasn't a big passing weekend in the NFL.
Speaker 3: And it wasn't like there's a ton of weather or.
Speaker 1: Anything like that. You mentioned the running backs, but there were only six that had one hundred yard game. That was Saquon Barkley won seventy six an a touchdown, Tank Bigsby won eighteen and two scores, Jamiir Gibbs fifteen for one sixteen and two scores. It was the big day for running backs getting a couple of touchdowns. There's a bunch of those.
Speaker 3: I said, there's a lot of fantasy points. Maybe there was a running back yardage.
Speaker 1: Joe Mixon twenty five for one to fifteen and two touchdowns, Bjeon Robinson twenty one for one oh three in a touchdown, Nagie Harris twenty one for one oh two and the touchdown. Those guys that scored multiple touchdowns were Javonte Williams had two. Oh yeah, Kareem Hunt had to he only haver his three point five yards to carry the Yeah, it wasn't easy going. Uh you also had Kien Williams with two.
Speaker 3: Okay, so yeah, but I mean there were a lot of the higher drafted guys and people you invested in, and you know it was not It was a good running back week for fantasy for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Looking at the receivers, well, if there weren't a lot of one hundred yard or three hundred yard passers, there probably weren't a lot of one hundred yard receivers. And there were only four twenty four. Keyon Coleman four for one twenty five. Nobody saw that one come out. Absolutely Cooper played, but not every snap. He scored a touchdown too.
Speaker 3: They threw it to him when he was out there too. Yeah, Yeah, I mean he's gonna be fine.
Speaker 1: Aman Ross Saint Brown eight for one to twelve in a touchdown. He's back to be in this star, you know, George George Pickens five for one eleven in a touchdown. And this is what Wilson does for the Steelers offense. This unlocks pickings. This is what I expect to see, maybe not five for one eleven and a touchdown every week. I think five's the floor. Five's the floor. And if he catches passes, I mean he's averaging fifteen yards of catch. Yeah, so do the math. Five for seventy five might be your floor moving forward.
Speaker 3: I mean, fantasy owners should be happy about the quarterback.
Speaker 1: Chaine, absolutely, and immediately it's like he got to uh end zone touchdown. They're throwing the ball in the end to them, at least at least two that I can remember that were targeting. It might have been three targets in the end number in this game. And that's what you want to see when you give that guy a chance to catch the ball in the end zone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they were perfect in the red zone. You know, they're throwing the ball over the stripe. I mean, I think that's things you get time to get used to.
Speaker 1: Brice Hall was the other one, six for one oh three, so two of the one hundred receivers in the same game.
Speaker 3: A lot of it in one play on him. Yeah, he's back for fantasy too. They're they're featuring him a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah. DK Metcalf just missed four for ninety nine and the touchdown. Get the knee banged up, It's not it's nothing long term. Okay, Yeah, we'll see if he's back this week. But I think that was more getting a contusion more than anything else. Terry McLaurin six for ninety eight, didn't score, but six for ninety eight you like from Mariota. Yeah, your guy John Smith seven for ninety six and a touchdown. I thought about him a little yesterday.
Speaker 3: I'm not running to the waiver wire form or anything, but two is practicing and sounds like that offense has a chance to get better.
Speaker 1: It can't be much worse, really bad. Yeah yeah. Romeo Dobbs eight for ninety four didn't score, But those Packer receivers are tough. Man, who's it going to be each each week? Brock Bowers ten for ninety three didn't score, but he's now the NFL's leading receptions.
Speaker 3: One of the games I watched the least of, but I'm sure they're throwing it to him like they always do at the line of scrimmage, you know, a couple of yards down.
Speaker 1: He's been extremely efficient. I think I was looking. He has targets are all the matter. He has like forty seven catches on like fifty five targets. That sounds yeah.
Speaker 3: I bet it's a real low average up the target still and they're getting it to him a lot.
Speaker 1: But he's averaging ten yards of catch. Yeah. Good. After the CA Yeah, it's all they got Hunter Henry eight for ninety two. You believe it in that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I am. I don't throw the ball a lot. He's been pretty solid the last year or so.
Speaker 1: George Kittle six for ninety two. Kansas City's kind of been a tight end funnel a little bit. They've they've struggled against tight ends, but the one thing that they have struggled against defensively out for the year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Deebo was sick in this game and he looked terrible by the way. Yeah, I don't want what he has, but I think I've being out helps Kittle for sure. Yeah, I think he's top three or four rest of the way tight.
Speaker 1: End well, and you're gonna also see Juwan Jennings. Oh yeah, if you if you picked him up a few weeks ago when he had the big monster game that nobody expected and you held on to him, a lot of people probably cut him since that. Yeah, right, Like, if that's the case, he'll be the number one waiver wire pick up this week.
Speaker 3: I would think. And do you have any interest in Pierceall? Not really, I just because I like the player coming out. I'd have to see a game or two.
Speaker 1: I mean, you have one for six yards. I don't even know what's It's almost like the Roman Wilson argument, like you're trying to get on a moving train. Yeah, like it's that's tough. It's real tough. Now, he may have more opportunities because of the injuries, but he was also a first round pick and Roman Wilson was a third.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's just he always had a couple of receiver injuries ahead of Roman, he'd.
Speaker 1: He'd have opportunity. Yeah. A J. Brown five for eighty nine in a score, he's legit. Yeah, Brian Thomas five for eighty nine in a score. Star T. Higgins four for eighty two in a score. He's at quietly have a pretty good year. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, last year was a lot of injuries. This year, I think he's T Higgins.
Speaker 1: Which is a really good player, and teams are really working hard to take Chase out of the game and make make Higgins beat them, and okay, we.
Speaker 3: Know how this league works. I mean, and then Higgins will have a slow day and Chase will blow up, and they when they start balancing things out or you know, they're hard to play against the passing game.
Speaker 1: Cedric Tillman and Cleveland had eight for eighty one.
Speaker 3: I liked him coming out of school. Cooper's gone. He plays the same position as Jerry. Judy was an afterthought.
Speaker 1: And there doesn't count anymore. I mean, somebody has to tell might be the guy. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think it's good for Najoku, who's been pretty consistent. I think it's good for Tillman. Might be early to pick him up now. I assume Jamis is the starter from here on.
Speaker 1: I think you pick him up now, and you know, of all the game. Yeah, you don't want to You don't want to wait too long.
Speaker 3: Nothing as a rookie, nothing until really yesterday. But I like the player coming out justin.
Speaker 1: Jefferson had seven for eighty one in the touchdown you mentioned in Djoku. He had ten for seventy six in a touchdown. Okay, another volume guy. Yeah, long game of fifteen yards, so it was a lot of yeah power catch Yeah. Uh. Jalen Naylor from Minnesota for for seventy six. He's not going away? Is Addison out? No? I didn't think so. I mean, yeah, okay, that was kind of a shootout type game. Yeah, he's number three. I don't love Addison Amari Cooper four for sixty six in the score. You'll take that for him being like fifty percent snapcount. Guy Noah Gray in Kansas City four for sixty six, out caught Kelsey. I wonder if he took over the juju stuff, maybe because yeah, Juju's I got a hair from. He's going to be out again this week. Yeah, they've already said that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I wonder how that went. I need to dig more into how that affected the pecking order.
Speaker 1: But it's interesting for sure. They play a lot of two and three tight end sets. Yeah, Jordan Addison had three for sixty six, so it's not like he didn't do anything in that game. Kyle Pitts that game, Kyle Pitts had seven for sixty five. I think in the last three games he has seventeen catches.
Speaker 3: Yeah he is he back being a top twelve Yeah yeah, oh yeah, yeah, I think so.
Speaker 1: I mean, because what you want consistency like that's always been an issue of the top ten tight ends this week and we just get on through this list and there's a bunch of guys, a bunch of tight ends on the list here. But in terms of scoring, this week. What's his face from the from Conklin ended up as a top ten point producer this week in Fantasy Football. Four catches for seven yards and a touchdown for seven yards. Four catches for seven yards in a touchdowns got you into the top ten tight end finish. Kelsey was not. Kelsey was not. We'll see about Andrews and some of these other guys tonight, but yeah, you know McBride's playing.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to think there's some good ones tonight. I mean McBride to be rival my top ones going forward. Bowers is definitely on the top of the list. I think Kelsey still is. Here's the guys you really want that are top five type dudes, and they're still gonna have down weeks.
Speaker 1: It's bleak is bleakh Khalioshakira had seven for sixty five.
Speaker 3: Okay, so he was He's just a good player. I don't think he's real change.
Speaker 1: He's kind of I mean he's a slot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's a slot and they trust him. He can beat man coverage to Cooper's there to elevate him and yeah, take some pressure.
Speaker 1: Off and make their passing game again. Much like with the Steelers with Russell Wilson. They went out, The Bills went out and acquired Amurray Cooper because their guys weren't getting open no and so, and they had to unlock. They had to unlock the passing game a little bit.
Speaker 3: And it Allen was the only three interpasser and they didn't have to rely on the pass entirely. I think their offense is not one of the best in the league.
Speaker 1: Yeah, uh Noah Fant had four for sixty five.
Speaker 3: Gino was on fire in this game. Yeah, they played.
Speaker 1: He's been good all year, but he was really really good in this game. Drake London six for sixty three. That's kind of like his normal and a touchdown on anything. Right, He's solid. He's been really good. Uh. Pittman three for sixty three. I know.
Speaker 3: I think Downs had one catch for nine yards too. I mean, like the good receivers are, can't give them football.
Speaker 1: How about this one, Matt Jatavian Sanders six for sixty one. You believe it in that one.
Speaker 3: I mean, if you're the if you try to think like the Panthers think, you got to play him, the rest of you get to play him. I mean Bryce Young came at the end of the game. Might we see more of him? That would be terrible. But I'm just saying, like, I'm probably gonna play Brooks a little bit when he comes back, Like you gotta play young guys across the board on that team.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, I think I'm with you one hundred percent on that, because where are you going this year or nowhere? And you got to find out about Bryce Young. You've given Andy Dalton a shot, all right, It gave you a shot in the arm offensively for a few weeks professional outing. You know, you allowed Young to sit and watch and Okay, now you've had a month of him sitting and watching. Did he learn anything? Did you learn anything?
Speaker 3: And the offense now has a little bit more confidence and they have a little bit of a running game and all those.
Speaker 1: Good Hey, look, if you throw the ball to Deontay Johnson, some good things might happen. You know, I think they lost forty to seven yesterday, though they did lose forty to seven yesterday that they did.
Speaker 3: Quick fantasy note you know in our league, like if you told me yesterday Washington wins this game forty to seven, I would have thought my starting quarterback Jaden Daniels would have had more than five points, but.
Speaker 1: There was a that's the thing that all the points are left. It's been fantasy football this year. So if you started a lineup this weekend, everybody gets injured early. Yeah, it zero's left and right. If you started a lineup that included Deebo Samuel, right, Tank Dell, Ju Juju, you got me at zero. You got hurt in the first one. DeAndre Hopkins. Yeah, and I could I could see somebody's putting a lineup some there's something there's send me the lineup, because I guarantee you there's somebody out there that had Deebo Samuel is their number one receiver and Tank Dell is their number two, and maybe Juju was in their lineup as their three. And you took a zero across the board at the running at their wide receiver position.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and maybe you had Kelsey and Jayden Daniels and you know you've been winning game.
Speaker 1: There was one somebody tweeted it out last week where somebody started the lineup that had legit dudes in it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like it's not a like they're winning. Probability before kickoff was probably good.
Speaker 1: You know, they scored seven Fantasy points seven. I mean, it's unbelievable some of the stuff that's happening this year, and it's affected our DFS lineups. Yeah, every week my main.
Speaker 3: League, he started Stroud and Dell and I'm like, oh, man, I might be in trouble, you know, no, no, like four points zero, you know, our DFS lineup, matt oh good lord. I wish we'd have known on Friday that Cooper Cup wasn't going to play because we changed. We would not have started Matthew Stafford knew we had in the line up. First he had four point nine six points. Now we still have JK.
Speaker 1: Dobbins and Chris Gobwin going tonight, so there's still a chance they both of them do well that we could. But right now we've got forty eight points I'm sorry, forty four point nine six points. They would both have to score like thirty each and that would still only get us. But it's still good lucky. Yeah, we'd have to some things would have to go. But it wasn't about high point win, No, it wasn't. So that possibility is there, like one hundred.
Speaker 3: Points in most leagues wins it, you know, pretty easily this week?
Speaker 1: This week, yeah, Jalen Warren got a seven point nine points. He was only two point six percent of it, but I did like the usage and he got a goal line he got a goal line carry, you know, so there again, I think that there'll be more passes coming his way. Rush for forty four actually out rushed Briest Hall in that game. Yeah, yeah, so I think that's only going to get better. As I mentioned, we got Godwin going tonight, Tank Dell we took a zero. I mean that can't happen.
Speaker 3: No, I mean, just in the real world. You don't have Nico, who's really been maybe the best receiver in league this year most give or take. But that can't be your only reason for struggling on offense as much.
Speaker 1: Today.
Speaker 3: They got too many other good dudes. And you go into the Green Bay and Diggs and Dell, they ended up like twenty seven yards between them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Dalton Schultz had one catch for twenty eight yards. That was their leading receiver. He was a lead receiver.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I knew Diggs was in the twenty five ish neighborhood, right and he had like six catches.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's going on? Jackson Smith and Jigba got off to a good start in that game. Actually threw a thirty five yard pass. Yeah, but five point three points and so it was a metcalf and fant Yeah, doing most of the damn. I don't think Lockett did a lot of Lockett was injured going into that game. Sam Laporta is unstartable at this point. Yeah, it's brutal.
Speaker 3: He's he's like the poster boy of tight end you drafted high that you're mad at this year. You know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one catch for twenty five yards and he looked good doing it, and they just don't throw the ball to him.
Speaker 3: No, they have so many weapons and they run the ball. They're never going to be a super high pass percentage team. Williams takes some big plays away. There was a little bit of a warning sign though with Laporta last year, like he caught.
Speaker 1: An unusual very touchdown, Yeah, very touchdown to pen then really hard to do plicate, but the other numbers weren't. Like, he's looked good. He's not even catching passes now though, they're not even throwing him passes now. Now, it's weird. It's crazy because he's a good football player. Brock Bauers is the exact opposite they are throwing. We had him in the lineup, as did sixteen point eight percent of the other teams in this league. He got us nineteen point three points, so basically half of our points. I say, he's working from one guy. Yeah, and he was. He's only fifty eight hundred. That's probably as cheap as we'll get him the rest of the year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I bet he's tight end two three one, you know, something like that. He's upcoming weeks.
Speaker 1: The Giants defense at twenty five hundred was they got us four points. They had five sacks. They gave up way too many points because their offense did nothing well. There was eleven sacks in that game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're gonna hear the word sack a lot in the next couple of days, folks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I did start the lineup. I started myself. Is in the money right now with two players left to play. I'm sitting right this again. This shows you how low of a scoring week it was. I've got eighty seven point nine points right now with two guys left to play, and I'm in the money. In fact, I'm in seventy eighth place and one that I'm in.
Speaker 3: It almost seems like lately, the whole key is just don't get his zero, don't take a zero, yeah, which, of course nobody knows going in, but these guys that get hurt walking in, you know.
Speaker 1: So I started Mason Rudolph at quarterback. We considered it. I'm gona he's super cheap, right. We don't know, we didn't we didn't know he was starting yet. Yeah, we texted each other. See he had eleven point nine points. He had twice as many points as Matthew Stafford. Yeah. I also just unusually. Yeah. I also started Jaylen Warren. That was a seven point nine. I started Tony Pollard only show in town. Yeah, only show in town, eight point five points. It wasn't great. He had sixty one rushing yards but only two catches for four yards. That kind of stunk. I still have Chris Goblin is a flowers going tonight, so I should finish in the money.
Speaker 3: I would think I'd be shocked if they both have low nights.
Speaker 1: And they were seventy one hundred and sixty six hundred. I started Metcalf nineteen point nine points, set only seven point four percent ownership. Was kind of surprise with that, because I thought that game was going to be a shootout. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I just remember picking through the receivers though there was a lot to like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well apparently not hit on, but there was a lot we liked. I started Kyle Pitts at the tight end position forty five hundred dollars. He costs thirteen and a half points. Oh, you definitely got your money out of that. Yeah, no doubt. I also started Kittle in the flex. It's six fifteen point two points, so that worked out. Okayt touchdown right, Yeah. I started the Vikings defense at twenty nine hundred dollars.
Speaker 3: The great defense is against the.
Speaker 1: They scored a defensive touchdown. They had four sacks at fumble recovery.
Speaker 3: Their top three defense going forward.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and their schedule moving forward, like I picked them up in our league.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's all the teams you want to play.
Speaker 1: It's everybody that you want to play over like the next six weeks. And they've already had their buy they've already played like the Niners. Yeah. Pack, I've been streaming defenses all year long. I'm not streaming am I just hold on to them the rest of the year. Yeah, that's one of the ones. Yeah, So why not so that one should finish in the money. I need to start taking some of this over into the one that I would suggesting. Zeros are just you can't do it. You can't like if you just can't do it.
Speaker 3: My two leagues i've taken, it seems like every week I have one in each league.
Speaker 1: You know, it's like man, but right now, the leader, well, the leader in points in both of the contests that we're in, or the one that I'm in and the one that wen is one hundred and thirty six point eight four points. It's probably the same four team. It's probably the same person, but because it's just too weird for to be one hundred and thirty six point eight four points for both of them. But that's really low. Usually the winner for a week is like one hundred and one hundred and seventies.
Speaker 3: I mean, there's four teams still to go. But still, if you're leading, you probably have the majority of you guys already played.
Speaker 1: Probably if you had one hundred and thirty six point eight four points this particular week, you're probably done. You're in good chase. Yeah, you're probably done though, probably right Yeah, go around. It's just a it's a off fantasy.
Speaker 3: Week, it was, and there were some big game to buy some running backs, you know, I mean that Barkley and you know some of those guys.
Speaker 1: Went, but you had to pay up big time to get Barkley. Yeah, big time. I wasn't even thinking the DFS.
Speaker 3: I was saying, if you're if you're a good strong backfield, and maybe you took a zero somewhere else.
Speaker 1: You could overcome it. Yeah, maybe you could overcome it, but you could you can't overcome it in DFS. You just can't. No, you know, not unless unless you just paid down for you threw somebody in the lineup for two thousand dollars a touchdown or something. Yeah, or took you take it. You take that zero zero, Yeah, you pay up for everybody else and go get justin Jefferson and you know, yeah it quon Barkley and just roll that way. Yeah, you might want to try that, because yuck. I mean it's like three weeks in a row now we've had somebody in our line up take a zero zero, Right, just can't win. That just can't win.
Speaker 3: And Stafford was almost like that because of the Cup situation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just he's not throwing touchdown passes.
Speaker 3: They run the ball a lot. I played bad team.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they played a bad team and scored twenty points. Yeah, so ugly, ugly. Anyways, let's get to a break. He is the Matt Williamson. I am Dale Lolly. You're listening to the Drive here on the Steelers Audio Network. I swear to God if you're a new listener to this show. Our DFS lineups probably hit fourteen of the eighteen weeks last year.
Speaker 3: Tyler's over there like, yeah, sure, yeah, I've been there everywhere much better again.
Speaker 1: I've the lineup that I've put together every week. I think I've hit and every week but one. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean we've done this for several years and we always made money, I mean to say the least.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's just this year's been a rough one. Partners, Yeah, this one's been a rough one. But anyways, let's get to a break. He is Matt Williamson, I'm Dale Lolly. We'll be back with more right after this. At least.
Speaker 2: He's the Drive with Dale Lolly and Matt Williamson on your twenty four to seven Home of the Black and Gold Steelers Nation Radio.
Speaker 1: And we are back I'm Dale, Lolly. He is the Matt Williamson and Matt Steelers, winning thirty seven to fifteen on Sunday against the New York Jets, and a lot of people. You know, you saw a lot of stuff going into the week after they acquired Devonte Adams. Yeah, is this the best skill position group in the league? I said it was. I still think it is, But I don't know that Aaron Rodgers is five years ago. If Aaron Rodgers had those pass catchers in that running back, I'd be like, Oh, that's dangerous. He's not that guy anymore.
Speaker 3: No, I've seen a lot of flashes from this year that are really impressive, but more bad. There's so many more bad than usual for him, which is still maybe less than Joe average starter. I don't think he's Joe average starter right now, but he does want to hold football. I mean, I don't think he trusts protection all that ouch. It was decent yesterday, but the ball came out so quick. I think they're gonna be a Breeze Hall centric team. And you hate say it, but I felt like that was a close to a must win for them. You know, like, could the Adams trade be all for nothing.
Speaker 1: And they went out and went and signed, you know, made a deal to agree to terms with the edge rusher.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Reddick it was practicing again this week.
Speaker 1: So he'll play next week. You know. The owner, Woody Johnson is at the owners meetings on Tuesday saying we're gonna kick you know what the rest of the way. He two wins, got two wins, and now you're too and five mean you made up a big splash play. You went and got Aaron Rodgers' wooby and he was three of nine throwing the DeVante Adams. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: There was part of me the thought, you win this game in Pittsburgh, which wouldn't have been easy, you know, looking at from their perspective, you could get back in the race in the AFC. I don't think their upcoming schedules super hard. I think they get New England this week. I looked at it and wasn't blown away by They look like a TI team, but they look old and tired, which is what we said all summer. You know that like Tyrone Smith looks really stiff, and you know, like those older dudes just or hanging on you know, I mean it's a weird team build. Yeah, and you lost straight coach, I mean your head coach.
Speaker 1: Elijah Vera. Tucker got hurt in that game. Yeah, offensive lineman. You know, they were already without two of the top cornerbacks. I mean they took they took some major playing. The Steelers beat you up.
Speaker 3: It does physically, it absolutely does. Do you think the Jets are out of the playoff picks?
Speaker 1: Yes? Two and five? Right, two and five? Yeah, I mean it's it's definitely an uphill climb, like I like, since he's chances better yeah, yeah, and since he's three and four now, so they're in a lot better situation. You like, the Colts chances better? Is Flacco playing? I mean, I don't know what just Jammy if of plays this week? Miami. Miami and the Jets are kind of in a similar spot right right, But at least Miami's already had their buy so they're only two and four, So it's four losses right now, where the Jets are two and five and they're two and three in conference. That's the that's the big both teams are.
Speaker 3: Actually they played great, but that was at least a winnable game that they you know, considering their opponent, like that was a tough loss, and the Jets loss was maybe a critical loss.
Speaker 1: And here's the thing about the AFC. You start looking at conference records. Right, here's a four to one. Buffalo's four and two in the conference. The Steelers are four and one, The Ravens are two and two in the conference. Yeah, Houston is four and oh, Indianapolis is now three and two, and Kansas City's three and oh. Those are the only teams in the conference. So you're looking at Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Houston, Indianapolis, and Kansas City are the only teams in the conference who have winning records. The Jets conference record two and three. They had nothing going for him, really, Yeah, the Bengals are one and three. I know they had some tough losses. Yeah, you know, you're looking at Jacksonville. You think Jacksonville can turn it back. They're two and four in the conference? Probably not? Probably not. I mean the Chargers and Broncos are both two and two. The Raiders are two and three.
Speaker 3: Like, Chargers win the night could go a long way for their chances.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they would be sitting pretty Yeah, and I didn't think they were a playoff team, but the schedule was not super hard. That's what say.
Speaker 3: Their schedule is not bad. And I thought they were a year away from being a playoff team, and I still think they probably are.
Speaker 1: But what's in what the AFC is right now?
Speaker 3: I thought the Browns would be competitive, Miami be better. I thought the Jets would be better. I thought the Jags would be better, you know, like most teams. Listen to what we're saying.
Speaker 1: Though, the teams that you just mentioned are all the teams that you should never trust.
Speaker 3: Oh it's always like that Browns, right right, right?
Speaker 1: Absolutely? I mean who trusts those teams in history? Right since they've been established. Yeah, you just can't trust those franchises. Not that you can really trust the Chargers. No, it's more trusting Harbaugh at this point. Yes, they could go they could go lose the Cardinals tonight and I wouldn't be shocked.
Speaker 3: Oh no, I wouldn't be shocked at all. Like I'll pick them the win. I'll yeah, but won the ball and all that. But I don't think they're great.
Speaker 1: No, I mean, so the AFC again, I think the FC's is weaker than I expected. I think right now there are five good teams in the a.
Speaker 3: FC, the division leaders and the Steelers, Dealers, Ravens, Yeah uh yeah, good teams, yeah, good teams, and then the other one.
Speaker 1: I think those five teams and you can put Kansas City, you could put Baltimore on a on a tier of their own. I don't know however you want to do that, but I think and maybe even Buffalo now that they've got Amari Cooper. But I think the Steelers are in that they're.
Speaker 3: In the top five tier. Yeah, who's six? Maybe the Chargers, maybe the Chargers and again it's kind of by the fall.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that's a that's a team the Steelers handled pretty easily. I'm not willing to say Denver no no or maybe since he maybe since he, but they've got major flaws.
Speaker 3: A month from now, I might say the Jets are myami, but they have a lot of digging to do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, A quarterbacks have to be starved. Is are things going to get better for those old guys? Well, here's what they got. They have the Patriots, then they play the Texans, they're at Arizona. Then they get the Colts, Seahawks at the Dolphins, at the Jaguars, Rams who should have pooking the coup and Cooper cup back. By that point at the Bills and the Dolphins at home.
Speaker 3: It's not awful, but they have to play better.
Speaker 1: But there's probably can I can I count three losses there at least probably? Yeah, they're not beating the Texans playing the way they are right now.
Speaker 3: No, I mean there's handful. I mean some of those games are too far along to speculate, but if they played today, they wouldn't be favored over all those teams. There'd be two or three that.
Speaker 1: Well, they're not gonna they're not going to be favored against the Texans. No, they're not going to be favored against the Bills in Buffaloo. No, they're not going to be favored against the Dolphins in Miami. I assuming Too is back, I would know they're going to be favored against the Seahawks. Not if they played today. So I mean that would be four losses right there. Just losing the games that that's nine losses.
Speaker 3: The big thing I said about the Jets too, which is the total opposite of what happened, was I thought they would start the season real strong.
Speaker 1: Yeah and fade, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Just age injuries to start showing up lack of depth, and then when you get off to a bad start, it's hard to dig out of that. Yeah, one of these teams were right and off though, we'll merge.
Speaker 1: Well, the Bengals right now they got a big game against the Eagles aren't playing either, but it's a big game for both teams. Eagles aren't guaranteed anything, No, but that game is in Cincinnati. They gotta win that one. Then they get the Raiders, Then they're at the Ravens, Then they're at the Chargers. That's to tea.
Speaker 3: Then they got the Steelers. Sounds like they better win their next to Then.
Speaker 1: They're at Dallas, who by that point should have Michael Parsons back. Yeah, you would think at the Titans, Brown's at home against the Broncos, and then at the Steelers. How many games are they favored in the rest of the way Eagles games at home. I haven't looked at any of the lines yet.
Speaker 3: That's probably would say it's pretty close.
Speaker 1: Cincinnati by a point or two. Yeah, somewhere in that range. They'll be favored against the Raiders. They're not going to be favored in Baltimore, No, probably not favored in l A against the Chargers, that might be a pick.
Speaker 3: Them game, tough one if they played right now.
Speaker 1: If they played right now, the Chargers might run for three hundred yards. Yeah, say I would pick the Chargers head to head right now. Yeah, Steelers at home, we'll see their huge spread. Yeah, at Dallas, they're not going.
Speaker 3: To be favored, probably not. But Dallas is kind of like the Eagles to me, they got problems.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I hear you. At the Titans, Browns at home, Broncos at home, at the Steelers, and where are they sitting right now? Three and four? They need to win seven. Yeah they can, They're capable, Yeah, but they can't. They can't withstand any more injuries. And like Orlando Brown is now out with a calf injury this week. That's huge for them. It's huge because they can't lose both tackles. No, yeah, they just I mean, you got to. You gotta be able to protect Burrow a little bit, to be able to throw the football.
Speaker 3: As we talked through this, I think a nine win team ends up getting in.
Speaker 1: I do too. It's gonna come down to those tie breakers. Just what the Chargers have left at the Cardinals tonight. I think it's favorable. They get the Saints next week with Rattler at the Browns, Titans at home. I think it's like the schedule the Bengals at home, the Ravens at home, at the Falcons at the Chiefs Buccaneers. So it gets much tougher. That's a four game stretch where they may not win a game, right.
Speaker 3: They put some money in the bank starting tonight, but.
Speaker 1: Then they get to finish off the season Broncos at the Patriots at the Raiders. Now, weather could be a factor in that Patriots game on December twenty ninth. Yeah, that's what they want to do, So they're probably going to be in it. I think they'll be in it. Miami schedule, and you know, we're thinking that two is gonna potentially team to bet against in the first round of the playoffs. Yeah, they get the Cardinals next week at home. Who who are talking about this is Miami. We think two has got a good chance to play in that game. Yeah, then they're at Buffalo, then they're at LA. Talk about two long trips Rams. Yeah, the Rams, Raiders at home, Patriots at home. Okay, Yeah, at Green Bay November twenty eighth. Not exactly built for cold weather now, squad. Then they get the Jets at home. Then they're at the Texans, Okay, then they're back to playing well by then. Then they get the forty nine Ers at home. I'm worried about the forty nine Ers a little bit, but I think they have enough to win that game. Oh yeah, at the Browns on December twenty ninth. They're not built for that, the Browns, right, you know who knows though? And then at the Yet so their last two games they're playing weather games.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know. I mean I keep coming back to the Chargers being in good shape. Yeah, win or lose to Night, but especially with the win, of course, Steelers are in wonderful shape. Those top five you mentioned, I can't imagine a scenario world five are not in the playoffs. Yeah, I mean, just a huge injury could still unless it's Josh Allen from home, you know what I mean, like any other I mean, they probably go.
Speaker 1: Well, let's let's take a look at that remaining Steelers schedule. You get the Giants Monday Night Football at home this week. They have six point favor in that somewhere in that range. Then you're at Washington coming out of the bye week.
Speaker 3: The thing with the Giants too, the more I dig in is there are another one of these teams where they can't score, run differentials really bad too. They allow a lot and they don't run much.
Speaker 1: At the Commanders. Then they get the Ravens at home, Eveland at Cincinnati, the Browns at home at the Eagles. Now they've had their struggles winning in Philadelphia. Yeah, sure, I've covered a lot of Steeler losses in Philadelphia. But the way I think think those two teams are constituted right now. The Steelers ahead of the Eagles on a power rank today at the Ravens, Chiefs at home on Christmas Day, and then Bengals at home. There's no doubt, but it's not as difficult as it like you looked at that going on. Washington looks better, but the defense is still a problem. The Browns look considerably worse. The Bengals look considerably worse. I picked the Bengals to win the division before the season started. That's that's out the window. The Eagles don't look nearly as good as what they were, and you know, we'll see about the rest of it. The Browns are the only bad team on there. The Browns are the really bad team. And we know there's outside of the Giants. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean there's eight to ten bad teams in the league, and unfortunately there's three games to give to those.
Speaker 1: Yeah. What you can't have if you're the Steelers right now are injuries, you know, especially cluster injuries at certain positions, because another old lineman going down would be brutal. After the game against the Ravens, you gotta go to Cleveland four days later. Yeah, that's something's going to go wrong with Yeah, that's stinks. Yeah, after playing the game against the Eagles, you get the Ravens six days later. A lot of that stuff's not and then four days after playing the Ravens again. Both times you play the Ravens, you got to play in a short week.
Speaker 3: I don't mean they're playing off a long week too, Yeah, because I know the Ravens haven't a crazy rest advantage this year over their opponents collectively, Like so the biggest in NFL history.
Speaker 1: You know that that part of the schedule stinks. So you got the Ravens on the twenty first, and then you got to turn around and play the Chiefs on Christmas Day. Now that's a Saturday to Wednesday. So again it's a weird and still it's short. It's a weird schedule. Like even that, what at Ravens at Brown's right, Yeah, no, it's Ravens here and then at the Browns.
Speaker 3: If I told you split, would you take it? Yes, me too, Yeah, like, oh, and two would be.
Speaker 1: Bad and two would be bad. If you can beat the Ravens here.
Speaker 3: But then you could go to and Oh but you could go to and Oh I would take one and one there just because it's hard on the bodies.
Speaker 1: Really kind of the same. I mean, if you could go one and one at the Ravens in the Chiefs Tome, you definitely take that.
Speaker 3: You definitely take that. Yeah, I mean the Browns are so bad, That's why I asked.
Speaker 1: But if you if you can get two wins, if you go two and two in that in that stretch of games with the Ravens, Browns, Ravens, Chiefs, you probably did pretty well. You'd take that. Oh yeah, and then you're probably a double digit win team. Yeah, you know.
Speaker 3: I mean, if you can get two of those four compared to where they're at now. I mean you're pretty close.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that's what you gotta look forward to her in the second half. But we're gonna get to a break. He is the Matt Williamson. I am Dale Lallie. You're listening to the Drive here on the Steelers Audio Network. We'll be back to wrap up nights win over the New York Jets right after this. At least.
Speaker 2: He's the Drive with Dale Lolly and Matt Williamson on your twenty four to seven home of the Black and Gold Steelers Nation Radio.
Speaker 1: Welcome back. I am Dale LOLLI. He is the Matt Williamson and Matt just putting a bow on the steelers thirty seven to fifteen win over the New York Football Jets. Again a game the Steelers. By the time get the game kicked off, they were three point underdogs. Kept moving. Huh yeah, kept moving And Mike Tomlin in games, particularly at home, is it home underdog? Oh?
Speaker 3: I know, O joint time. I bet against some all year. I'm glad I was wrong, but I thought the Jets were going to be really dangerous. They're kind of a dysfunctional group.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they really are. I think Tomlin is the only coach in the NFL currently and this was the case last year even when Belichick was in the league, who has a winning record overall, straight up as a home underdog or just underdog in general. It's just as an underdog to have a winning more games than you lose.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, even if it's a one point spread or twelve points spread, doesn't matter. Now, he has a winning record as a dog, as a dog period at night or on the road after Christmas.
Speaker 1: Straight up right, not even considering taking the points into account. He has a winning record as a as an underdog. I mean that in itself is really impressive. But that probably means they're not big dogs very often, you know what I mean, Like apparently not, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: They're gonna play tough, grinded out games. They don't lose by a ton. They've had some big losses in the years. I'm implying it didn't. But when your previewing the game, not reviewing the game, never like a bet the Steelers lose by twenty.
Speaker 1: Soll let's do a little bit to finish up the show here real quick. Let's do a little Guys, who are rising in your eyes and guys who maybe are sliding a little bit. Let's do the risers first.
Speaker 3: To throw some offensive ones out the risers. Russ Nausey, Warren Washington, big riser for me all around. Dan Moore, Dan Moore has just played very well all season long.
Speaker 1: McCormick.
Speaker 3: McCormick is trending the right direction. The arrow's going up. Yeah, Pickens is kind of low throught because I just think he who throws them the ball and when.
Speaker 1: You know so, I'm not going to pick him. I missing anyone. No, that seems to be.
Speaker 3: McCollum hasn't stinked, I mean stung.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Fine, Yeah, so he's better than expected. He's better than a practice squad type guy.
Speaker 1: How about defensively, I mean you got to say Beingie Bishop because he had two interceptions in that game, but he had been struggling a little bit. Yeah. It just goes to show if you're struggling a struggling player and you come on the drive, that's all I gotta do. So he got fixes everything. I told him that after the game. I said, Hey, I just wanted to let you know. You come on the drive, you go get two picks. All your buddies.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's stay in the secondary. Elliott's never dipped right, like, yeah, say he's rising. I don't know how about Peyton Wilson left linebackers. I would go to Peyton Wilson.
Speaker 1: Had nine tackles in that game.
Speaker 3: I think Queen's noticeably better than he was to start the season.
Speaker 1: Oh, he was getting people were killing them after the long catch and run by uh pull by Hall and I'm like Atlanta Robberts basically, I mean they all collided with each other and yeah.
Speaker 3: They have And oh, by the way, Hall's really good. He's really good, really good. He's one of the best backs in the league. Run not a defensive ones though. I'm not gonna say t J. Watts rising. How about James Pierre held up?
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, you're you're playing against two of the better receivers in the league. Yeah, and you weren't a liability out there, so play the entire second half.
Speaker 3: The announcers were really poor. I thought it with some injury news and I immediately thought, oh no, I mean Jackson can hold his own against those guys. Pierre's gonna get picked the parts and we didn't have the bishop. I'm like, now, they have two guys to throw at it and those to one, you know, consistently, and it didn't happen at all. It actually played well from what I saw and watch all all the all twenty two. I also haven't don't know this definitively, but it didn't.
Speaker 1: Look like Porter travel. They did a lot of left right some on third downs. Yeah, there were sometimes on third downs, and I saw stat he was. He was targeted three times in coverage. I saw that it was on the next gen Yeah, the next gen stuff. Three times of covers. Gave up one catch for nine yards, but he was on He was on Adams like seventeen times and Wilson twenty six times, and it was targeted three times. Right, He played really really well. I mean, which one of these guys is the All Pro? And which one one is the guy that nobody's talking about right now.
Speaker 3: So it was early in the game, and I think I only saw it once, but if I was, the Jets would have done it so much more. When it looked like they were playing sides, they put a bunch to the field and Porter was on the short side. I think it was with no wide receiver on that side, but he still stayed to the side and they ran. They pulled a guard and they got a tight end on him, and they got Breise Hall and they got a big chunk gain.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I would do that over and over, you know, much better that once. That was only a touchdown because he had a thirteen yard run on the touchdown. That was his only chunk run of the game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, yeah, I mean it was if you know, these guys are going to play sides. You got all these good receivers on one side, and Porter's probably not them.
Speaker 1: They were mixing things up, and so just because that happened, they caught him in a play in that situation. Sometimes, yeah, sometimes you call the right day, may have one hundred percent. They came out in that formation later with nobody out there, and I'm like, on the pass to Jack Conklin or the tight end Tyler Conklin here, that's exactly what happened. They cleared everybody out and he's over there by himself and there's nobody on that side the field because Steelers were a man on that play. Yeah, so you just didn't know what you were going to get. And I thought, I thought, how about Terrell Austin for I mean the defensive adjustments that they have made down pretty quick week after week. In the second half, I mean, yeah, pushing the right buttons. I understand they lost to the Cowboys. I understand they gave up ten points in the second half in Indianapolis.
Speaker 3: One points in a half is a lot of points. You can win a lot of games with twenty points allowed. Yeah, I don't. I mean that second half point differential kind of blows me away crazy. I mean it's sixty eight points. I mean they're just beating people up physically, and you're making good adjustments and executing better and getting better as a game goes on. That's winning football.
Speaker 1: Yeah, real quickly. We get it. Before we got to go here. Some of the guys who were struggling a little bit, you know, Roderick Roderick Jones, I need to see more of Uh, he's got to he's got to be better than what he has been. I know, people think, well, he messed with his head. They totally know he's been playing right tackle. That's kind of a sense training camp and he is not playing well.
Speaker 3: You can't always know the snaff count. He doesn't the right guy.
Speaker 1: You can't just say, oh, he's our left tackle for next year. But the way that he's played more.
Speaker 3: And more thinking he better give a contract offered to Damn Moore. Yeah, and then take it from there and have one extra baby. Maybe they all hit and you're happy. Yeah, anyone else go in the wrong direction.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to not really. I mean again, you're five and two. It's hard to it's hard to single out. And I don't feel what people to feel. I'm not picking on Roderck Jones. Special teams. Going the right direct special teams is tremendous. They've been really good. We didn't mention Boswell, we didn't mention this weight.
Speaker 3: We could have thrown those guys and thumbs up. You know, I I start Hayward as an offensive player. To me is leaving me a little short.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I need to see more there. Uh you know, I think I'm not sure where he creates me. Calvinus had a bad drop, Yes, really bad, Yeah, really bad drop. You know again, if they get that, that's a first down and who knows where that drive goes? Instead they have to That was the first of their three and outs, and.
Speaker 3: I had a big power halftime notes and thought one of them was if the second half doesn't go as well, we might look back at that Austin drop and be like, that's a drive killer, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so, but overall pretty good. His returns have a decent his return He's been very good as a return guy. So overall not you know, I can't kill the guy and he had a thirty six yard catching that game. Hard to knock him on that one. But yeah, I mean, I think they're trending in the right direction.
Speaker 3: I'm looking for guys going backwards and not really seeing it. Yeah, So there you go. Broder Jones, you got to be better, and he can be. That's the thing, can be. That's the thing.
Speaker 1: You've seen it, you know. Yeah, so absolutely, but that's going to do it for today's show. So for my partner Matt Williamson, for Justin Miller here on site manning the Justin Miller hotline, you need to get signs put up with that. For for Tyler Viittmeyer keeping our videos out there on YouTube. I am Dale Lolly. We appreciate you listening to this edition of the Drive on the Steelers' Audio Network.