Speaker 1: Okay, I'm just gonna say right now, it's Gemini season and that is no coincidence. Everybody prepared coincidence that we have double second dates today, that is why.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's right.
Speaker 3: I'm a Gemini, so be scared. All right, let's get to it.
Speaker 2: We got here.
Speaker 1: Second date update classics today. Thank you so much for being here and subscribing. What are you do on comments?
Speaker 3: Well, I'm gonna.
Speaker 4: Assume this happened because of gem and I season also, but Anna commented, guys, I was in Gatlinburg last week Tennessee and was blaring the podcast in traffic, and the girl in the cart next to me shouted Brooke and Jeffrey fam you nights.
Speaker 3: I love that, And I bet she said it with a cute accent too. Oh in Tennessee. I'm sorry, I couldn't do that on here. I'm not gonna offend everyone. My god, this is for you. Okay, you're back to back classics, start right now.
Speaker 5: It's important to remember that just because your buddies think your old stories are funny, yeah, doesn't mean your dates will agree.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Startless.
Speaker 5: And one of our listeners says he definitely regrets what he told the woman he was out with recently. He thought it was just gonna be a fun, lighthearted tale from his past, but he may have come off looking like a free loading criminal.
Speaker 2: Although let's remember, bad boys are sexy.
Speaker 3: Okay, freeloading bad boys.
Speaker 5: So you're gonna hear it in your second date update that's coming up.
Speaker 6: Next, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning Second date updates.
Speaker 5: You ask anybody and you'll get a lot of different responses for what's the best time of day for a date?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, because I mean you have the traditional seven o'clock dinner plans people, but then you also have the hikers and bikers who are like, ooh, five in the morning, let's wake up early and go for a ride together while the sun rises on my tandem two persons bike.
Speaker 3: Wait, but I gotta get up at two am first to work.
Speaker 2: Out before or by five?
Speaker 5: Yeah, our listener res he might fall somewhere in the middle of those based on what he chose to do for his first date the other day, So let's talk to him about it.
Speaker 2: Rez. Welcome to the show.
Speaker 7: Hey guys, thanks for having me.
Speaker 3: Hey you doing Oh we're pretty good? Good time of day to do the show.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what time of day do you like to go on your dates?
Speaker 7: Res I'm a gentleman, so I like to go at whatever time is convenient.
Speaker 6: For my date.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh, what time is.
Speaker 8: Jared?
Speaker 3: Okay, so you asked them when would be best?
Speaker 7: Yeah exactly.
Speaker 5: Like, so tell us about this woman that you met recently. What's her name and what time did she want to go out?
Speaker 7: So this woman's name is Katrina, and she said she was free on a Sunday kind.
Speaker 2: Of let mean with that.
Speaker 7: And I was like, well, like Sundays brunch day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think brunch is a great date.
Speaker 7: Yeah exactly. So we did like a Sunday brunch buffet that I really love that been to before, And so we met at the place and we hit it off like immediately, and I was like on my best behavior, you know, I wanted to be a total gentleman, like open the door, pulled her chair out, like I really really was like eight to this girl.
Speaker 5: You know a lot of people like to get rowdy and go wild at brunch, so it's good that you reeled it in and held yourself in check.
Speaker 2: Don't push her into the door, open it for her, push her into it let.
Speaker 5: Her go first for the omelet section. She gets to do her choice.
Speaker 2: That's really nice of her.
Speaker 3: That's cute. I mean, were you able to connect?
Speaker 7: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 5: I know Brooke wants to know about your connection and if there was like a vibe going on. But what we're doing, I'm more curious about what the selection was like at that buffet.
Speaker 3: You want to know if there's crab legs or not.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 3: You're asking if it was like a oyster like a seafood buffet.
Speaker 1: I do love when they have when they have a crape guys.
Speaker 5: Because you said it's a breakfast buffet, So does that mean it's all serve yourself or is there a menu that you can order off of? Like I need a new spot to hit up.
Speaker 7: I mean, this is my secret spot. I'm not telling anyone. Yeah, I'm gatekeeping.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 7: There was a carving station which was sick. I was putting down the vacant. But shoeses into like a ton of different fruity.
Speaker 6: Usually it's usually.
Speaker 3: Just like one fruit salad. Yeah, it's like the.
Speaker 2: Worst part of the buffet. Well, there's a kiwi there. Usually kiwis unless it's the.
Speaker 3: Real fancy ones have the smoothie stations.
Speaker 7: Like I said before, like I won't tell you where this place is, but this place is legit. It has absolutely everything, all the fruits.
Speaker 2: Everything, Yes, secret fruit palace. You won't ask questions.
Speaker 7: So being the gentleman that I am, like every time I was either going or coming back, I would ask her like is there anything that I can get you? Like running up, getting to her bagel, getting into some pineapples.
Speaker 3: Did they describe your trips to the buffet? It sounds like you two did some damage at this point, which is.
Speaker 2: Good, right?
Speaker 3: I imagine him just being the server to her.
Speaker 5: Honestly, wow, get your money's worth. But did anything like awkward or weird happen?
Speaker 7: Well, like I decided to reveal to her this h like age old runchhack that me and my friends have or had.
Speaker 3: What is it?
Speaker 7: You know how hotels do continental breakfast for the guests?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Yeah, So like if you just walk into this hotel and you just walk up to the buffet, sit down, get your food, sit down, like you know what you're doing, Like you belong there?
Speaker 5: Do you guns eat it in lane?
Speaker 2: That's very risky though, because.
Speaker 3: You make your show the little cupons usually like the little people things. You take her to a hotel, did you?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 7: No, I just told her that hack.
Speaker 5: That hack that's actually just an illegal activity up And okay, I mean the eggs aren't real anyway.
Speaker 3: And how old has that waffled batter been sitting there?
Speaker 2: Something it?
Speaker 3: Jess?
Speaker 2: How did Katrina react to hearing your hack?
Speaker 7: I mean, like immediately she just had this look on her face like I don't know, like my face was melting off. It was not good.
Speaker 3: She's a better person than you would think.
Speaker 1: She'd laugh and talk about like how she got free stuff in Collins, you know.
Speaker 5: Unless you did it last week, and she probably assumed that.
Speaker 2: You weren't going to pay for brunch this She's like.
Speaker 3: Wait, have you paid for this meal tonight?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah.
Speaker 7: I had the back pedal and be like I only did this when I was I'm seventeen, Like I'm gonna tip like thirty percent.
Speaker 2: Now, yeah, compensate.
Speaker 3: So did the whole energy shift after that combo? Yeah?
Speaker 7: We wrapped up hugs, so really weird. And then we haven't spoken in.
Speaker 2: Like a whole week.
Speaker 3: Yike, have you tried?
Speaker 7: Yeah? I reached out. I text her the next day, because I was kind of like hoping she would text me later that day being like I had such a good time or something, and she didn't.
Speaker 2: Bro I think you did this to yourself.
Speaker 5: You taught her how to get free food and she doesn't need you anymore.
Speaker 3: Oh that could be it shit busy. Yeah, you have a person to fish or teach him to fish.
Speaker 2: I see it go.
Speaker 5: Well, we'll find out when we call her and see if she actually stole your brunchhack and is using it for evil when we do your second date update right after this.
Speaker 7: Thank you guys, and then.
Speaker 6: Hold on Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning second date updates.
Speaker 5: If you're just joining us for the second date update. We've been talking to Res about his brunch state at a super secret brunch location that he refuses to disclose on the radio.
Speaker 3: It's very strange how protective he is at this place.
Speaker 2: He's he is, but.
Speaker 5: That's where he took a woman named Katrina recently and it was going extremely well until he made the mistake of speaking specifically speaking about his brunch hack. Where you can get free continental breakfast from hotels if you just walk in and act like you're staying there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I mean that's that's stealing it.
Speaker 2: But yeah, yeah, but.
Speaker 3: Stealing things doesn't cost anything, so that can.
Speaker 5: Be considered a hack. Yeah, if you look at it in a different way.
Speaker 3: It was an idea.
Speaker 5: It did change the vibe for the rest of their date, though, because Katrina did not have the best reaction. He's hoping we can get things back on track. And in an unrelated note, the CEO of Best Western called in and wants to speak to you after the segment is over. Okay, rez, I gave them your phone number so you can chat later.
Speaker 7: I mean nothing, though.
Speaker 3: You already admitted to itself.
Speaker 2: We have recorded evidence.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna tell you you should ask for a lawyer if you ever get called in. Don't do your own talking, you.
Speaker 7: Know, I honestly I regret talking about it to you guys, and I regret talking about it on my date. This is ruining my life.
Speaker 3: Yes, well, that seems dramatic.
Speaker 5: The good news is we don't know if that was the cause. She could have some other reason to not be calling you back. But let's dial her number right now. We'll figure out what she.
Speaker 2: Has to say.
Speaker 5: All right, great, Hopefully she picks up and this is a good time for you to not say anything.
Speaker 2: Noted. All right, here we go. I'm dialar right now.
Speaker 7: Hello.
Speaker 5: Hey is this Katrina? Yes, hey, Katrina. You're on a radio show right now. It's called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 3: Hey Katrina, Hi, welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: I like jeff branched out there for Yeah, I know, I really opened up. Sorry, I'm on a radio show. Not a good one either.
Speaker 5: Yeah. It's called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. And this is a segment that we do. You might be familiar with it. It's called a second date Update.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 9: Is this like a prank?
Speaker 5: No, No, we do those too, Yeah, but this one is one where we're trying to help one of our listeners get back in touch with you after you went on a date with him, a guy named Rez.
Speaker 7: Oh.
Speaker 10: Okay, yeah, look, I'm sorry. There's just no way that I can go out with him again. But thank you guys for calling.
Speaker 5: No no, wait, wait, well that's okay for you to say that, but could you maybe give us a little bit more information on why, because res is really confused. He told us about your brunch date, but he's clueless for the reason you might be blowing.
Speaker 1: Him off, And you sound real strong in that conviction there that you don't want to see him again.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 10: I mean I should say he was a really nice guy. He was very polite. He was like offering to get me food. We went to this brunch buffet.
Speaker 3: Why wouldn't Why wouldn't you want to do that?
Speaker 2: You don't like nice guys?
Speaker 9: No, I like nice guys. He's just missing something missing.
Speaker 2: Did something happen at the buffet that turns you off?
Speaker 8: I mean, yeah, he.
Speaker 9: It was.
Speaker 10: Honestly, it was so weird, like I've never I've never experienced anything like this before. It was it was so strange. Like I said, he was really nice. He's like offering to go get me food right from the buffet, which was like very gentlemanly of him. I was like, sure, okay, I'll have like some cantlope. And then I'd see him walking around and he finally comes back a few minutes later and he's like, oh, they don't have it. But I could see it from where we were sitting, Like I could see there was candelope sitting on like one of the buffet things.
Speaker 1: Maybe he's one of those guys that gets kilo and honeydew mixed up.
Speaker 2: Why would he lie?
Speaker 3: He's like some men don't know their melons.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 10: I mean I was like, maybe he missed it right, Maybe he just didn't see it, Like there's a lot of food there. So I pinted to where it was and I was like, oh, I think I see it right over there. So he gets up, he walks over there, and I see him like circling the table and he's not grabbing the candlelope. And then he brings me back a bowl of like fairies, and he was like, they didn't have it. So I just got you this. I hope that's okay.
Speaker 3: So did you just get up and go get it? Finally?
Speaker 10: Well, no, because I realized I don't think this guy knows what cantlope is, Like, how do you not know what a candelope is?
Speaker 7: I agree?
Speaker 10: I was so shocked in that moment.
Speaker 5: Wow. So just to be clear, the big red flag in your mind was that this is a man who does not understand what type of fruit cantelope is.
Speaker 2: Like that's a big turn off to you.
Speaker 10: Shaming him if you're a thirty year old man, and you've never heard of candle up? What else has he not heard of? You're going to go on a date and he's gonna be like, oh, I can't read, I.
Speaker 1: Can't read candle up to suddenly the poor man can't read like that is a wild jump to make.
Speaker 10: Those are basic things, though, Like, if it's one basic thing he doesn't comprehend, then what any other basic thing is going.
Speaker 7: To show up?
Speaker 5: Well, let's ask him what other basic things he doesn't know and comprehend them. Because Res is on the other line of this phone call right now, listening, waiting to talk to you.
Speaker 10: What are you talking about? He is not?
Speaker 2: He actually is that That's how this segment works.
Speaker 3: He could wait and write enough to email us. So that's a good sign.
Speaker 2: Well, you can get Chatgypt to do a lot of that stuff for you. Give much credit. Res. Are you there?
Speaker 7: Oh I'm here?
Speaker 3: Oh wow?
Speaker 2: Are you Are you hearing what Katrina is saying about.
Speaker 7: You being fruit shamed? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, with good reason, some would argue.
Speaker 10: But yeah, I'm sorry. I I didn't know you were on the phone. They didn't tell me. They just they asked me the questions. I just said the truth, like you can't deny it. I obviously would have not said it like that had I known you were listening.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, Well I know.
Speaker 7: I know now I googled it.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, we love a man who learns. Yeah, there you he took your criticism. He's not offended. That's pretty good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Katrina, this must feel like growth, right, you've encouraged this.
Speaker 10: I mean, I'm glad he learned. I'm glad that I was able to help him expand his knowledge, like help the less fortunate in terms of what they know about fruit.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it doesn't change how I feel.
Speaker 1: The less fortunate is so rude, the fruit illiterate out there.
Speaker 2: It's a real problem.
Speaker 7: I feel like I'm Oliver Twist over here, like I'm low class or something. I don't know what to panel.
Speaker 1: You hear that literary reference again, prove the man reads. He did say twist weird though, this is so weird, like this is not a class thing.
Speaker 3: He just didn't know what a cantalope is. He knows. Now, you guys can go out.
Speaker 7: Again, Katrina, I mean, hear me out in the moment, I did not know what a canilope was, and you know, like apparently I should know this, and now I do. Everyone on the show knows. I know, you know, we're all on the same page. I'm adaptable, I can learn. Look at that Wow had nowadays I was just never around Canilope. But like that doesn't seem like enough of a reason not.
Speaker 9: To like me.
Speaker 10: I mean, I appreciate you saying that, and I don't mean to fruit shame you. It's just a thing that I immediately felt like a yuck about you not knowing that basic thing, and I I appreciate you taking the time to like do the research. I wish you would have gone to the bathroom and googled it instead of like running around.
Speaker 9: And like got.
Speaker 3: Candlope.
Speaker 5: Well, desperate times call for desperate measures sometimes, But Katrina, I mean, in a lot of relationships, a big part of it is doing new things and exploring new things together. That could be your journey with res and educating him through all of the different types of fruits that exist in the world.
Speaker 3: Know a lot of stuff that you don't know yet too. You know, on the flip side.
Speaker 1: Oh vegetables, nobody means that saying you learn new interests and new stuff through people that you date.
Speaker 5: Are you willing to keep an open mind and give res one more chance, and we would pay for it if you'd go out with him another time.
Speaker 10: I just think it's weird, Like it's his brunch place. He brought me there. They have a lot of cantalope there, Like, I feel like he should have known it.
Speaker 3: We can't. We can't get over this.
Speaker 1: I know, it's like such a small hill to climb, you know, to jump over this moment.
Speaker 5: Everybody is different, Brooke. It's not your life that we're living here. Katrina has standards in One of the standards is canalope, or at least knowing what a canialope is.
Speaker 3: Boundaries.
Speaker 5: So, Katrina, I'm assuming that it's a no from you. That's kind of what I'm hearing.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I just I don't think I can get past it.
Speaker 7: What if he can name ten fruits right now, hey, apple, pier, pineapple. I was kidding.
Speaker 3: There's no way he's picking guava out of a table.
Speaker 2: He just googled fruits right now and he's just looking it up.
Speaker 3: It's alphabetical, apple, banana, cherry, nice.
Speaker 6: Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: Brook.
Speaker 5: This might surprise you, but I kind of agree with you on this whole Canalope situation.
Speaker 3: Oh you've come to my side.
Speaker 5: Well, I agree, it's a small problem that she should probably get over. Sure, but it's more than just he doesn't know the name of one fruit. What is it that Like, this is just a small slice of a larger picture that Katrina is recognizing. Where she's thinking, God, if he doesn't know something as basic as this, how is he going to fit into the rest of my life? Like with my upscale friends and my melon loving parents will accept him? Like what else am I getting myself into? That's where her mind was at.
Speaker 3: What's gonna happen when someone hands are at kumquat?
Speaker 2: She has no idea what what to do? I don't even know what a kum quat looks like.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so it's like she's looking down the road of like other problems that are going to be arising if he doesn't know.
Speaker 3: This making problems. The real problem is how much fruit.
Speaker 4: She's eating at breakfast and said pancakes and bacon.
Speaker 3: You must spend a lot of time in the bathroom.
Speaker 5: Ye, yeah, I'm with you on there. Should have eaten more meats. But still you gotta respect people for where their line is drawn. That's where she draws the line, Canelope.
Speaker 3: I guess it's a very very short line.
Speaker 5: Well, plus you have to wait in the embarrassment too of telling her friends she decided to go out with melon boy again. That's hard to come back from. But hopefully we can help you come back. If you're struggling to get a second date, email the show. We'll call that person who's not calling you back and go check out all of our second podcast wherever you get yours at Brooke and.
Speaker 6: Jeffrey Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 5: Maybe you've been there before, where you go out with someone and after the date you realize, Man, I don't know if I'm good enough for them.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, Jeffrey the truth.
Speaker 5: Like, maybe she's used to dining on frog legs all garotten and you're used to senior frogs, graw and jaw tequila.
Speaker 3: Tuesdays now, as.
Speaker 5: One of our listeners is definitely looking for all the help he can get to lock down another hang out with a very classy woman that he met online.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure if we're the right group of people to help with this.
Speaker 3: I'm very classy.
Speaker 5: Okay, this isn't the Senor's It's like one of us is a corn cup pipe and Brook just has a corn cump. Yeah, well, we're gonna try our best and your Second Date updates.
Speaker 3: Put on an ascot for this one.
Speaker 2: Regal to a normal style right after this.
Speaker 6: Broke and Jeffrey in the morning Second Date Updates.
Speaker 5: One of the keys to successfully dating is just to actually give a crap and try.
Speaker 2: That's a big key.
Speaker 3: I feel like that's too much work.
Speaker 5: The thing is, don't try too hard, because that comes off desperate. You can't try too little either, though, because then you seem like a jerk just doesn't care. Try just goldielocks it and try medium till it's just right. And one of our listeners, William, emailed the show saying he's worried he may have tried too hard on his date. William, you didn't channel your inner Goldilocks for this.
Speaker 9: I tried too hard.
Speaker 3: I didn't wake up in a strange house with three bears failure.
Speaker 5: Well, we can't undo anything that happened, but why don't you tell us about it a little bit. What's the name of the woman that you went out with?
Speaker 9: Her name is Stacey.
Speaker 2: Okay, so where'd you meet her.
Speaker 9: I met her online. You know, at first, I was actually pretty intimidated just by her profile pictures.
Speaker 3: Oh, because she's like really attractive to you.
Speaker 9: Well, that for sure, but also she seems to have kind of an extravagant, sophisticated, cultured life, more so than myself.
Speaker 1: I'll say, Okay, why did she put in her pictures to like.
Speaker 3: To pick that?
Speaker 9: Yeah, there was like pictures of her on a sailboat with what looks to be her very well addressed family, maybe in Greece somewhere. Oh, oh my gosh, she was, you know, at soccer games in Europe.
Speaker 3: Who that's a match, sir?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I wouldn't expect you to be fancy enough to know that. That's amazing.
Speaker 9: So yeah, I was really intimidating, which I actually told her that in the initial messaging. Oh you did, Yeah, I mean, I'm pretty honest, maybe to the fault.
Speaker 3: But okay, Well she obviously liked it because she responded.
Speaker 5: Alexis if a guy writes to you, I'm intimidated by you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Is that not a strong move?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Not?
Speaker 3: I mean, a football in Europe doesn't cost that much. It's like I don't be that intimidated. Okay, I'm just saying, take it to get that. Okay, I'm just saying I take it back.
Speaker 9: Wow.
Speaker 2: But the bottom line is she responded.
Speaker 9: And yeah, she responded, all right, she said, ah, you should be.
Speaker 2: So what did you do for a date?
Speaker 9: I made dinners, nice little spot, I got dressed up, even borrowed nice shirt from my roommate.
Speaker 8: Oh.
Speaker 3: Everyone did normally do that, like share fancy clothes.
Speaker 2: You have a roommate life.
Speaker 5: I used to have a blazer and we have like a community blazer.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, it's like they doody.
Speaker 2: Did that pay off for you?
Speaker 9: I mean I was feeling good, So that's helpful, I think. And she told me I looked nice, and she she looked incredible.
Speaker 3: Did you tell her that was scary too? How good she looked?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 9: I mean I I reiterated how intimidated I was.
Speaker 3: I imagine, like cowering at everything, like just to eat.
Speaker 5: We're playing it up for you, man, I'm sure you were fine.
Speaker 9: I think so. I mean she was really nice for the most part. I mean I saw that she loves chocolate off on her profile, so I thought I'd bring her a gift and I brought her almond rocca that cute.
Speaker 10: Okay, sorry, was the best.
Speaker 1: Options, kind of a grandparent's chocolate.
Speaker 9: But you know, at this store and it looks nice. It has like gold foil. I thought it looked kind of fancy, but she said it's not really chocolate, which I didn't really I'd never had really eaten myself.
Speaker 3: It's kind of toffee a lot of time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, harsh to say when someone's giving you a gift that's not actually take us to the.
Speaker 2: Highlights of the date. What were the good moments?
Speaker 9: Well, during dinner I wanted to get to I had. I was so curious, you know, from her profile, and I kept asking her a lot of questions, and I might have kind of asked too many questions.
Speaker 3: Is that possible?
Speaker 9: Maybe if it starts to feel like somebody's given you the third degree, you're interrogating you. It wasn't really my attention, But I mean, if there's not.
Speaker 3: Like a real natural flow to it, I guess.
Speaker 2: You don't want the date to come off sounding like a job in Yeah.
Speaker 3: Tell me here do we see yourself? Can you think of one question that went too far?
Speaker 9: I asked her if she's ever been engaged before.
Speaker 2: What date question?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 3: And what was her response?
Speaker 9: Well, because we talked a little bit about the house relationships and she had, uh was dating a guy in Spain for a long time, and and that's how it came up because she said it was really serious.
Speaker 3: It's kind intense.
Speaker 9: I was not trying to pry though.
Speaker 2: Let's go to the end of the day. What happened at the end.
Speaker 9: Well, we had the almon roca for dessert, which was nice at the restaurant.
Speaker 3: And you just opened up the package right there.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Well, because they asked if we wanted any of the dessert, she said she wasn't that hunger. But I said, oh, I brought this for you, and that's when I.
Speaker 3: That's when she turned up her nose. And so it's not really chocolate.
Speaker 9: She did say that, But then we did actually enjoy it together, and I hope she thought it was funny that I tried, even though I failed that even bringing chocolate pretty broa.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, all.
Speaker 5: Right, Well I'm going to give it a B plus so far.
Speaker 2: That's my that's my grade on a curve.
Speaker 9: Have you heard from her, Well, I haven't really heard from her, but it is okay, Like we hugged, we said goodbye.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's what Brooke does with her children though, so you can't really judge by that.
Speaker 3: And they complain about every food item I give them.
Speaker 5: So the good news is there's a lot of room to improve from here, and we're going to try and do that when we come back and do your second date update right after this.
Speaker 6: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning Second date updates.
Speaker 5: If you're just joining us, We're on the phone with William, who went out recently with a world traveler named Stacy. Stacey has studied in the universities of Europe. She's dated the men of Spain and cheered for the football clubs of Liechtenburg, where instead of cheering hooray there they cheer and reverse. Oh really, can you say horay backwards? Yeah, that's right, yeow, it's classy.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: At the end of this second date when we get Stacy and William to meet up again. But obviously she is clearly a world traveler. He was intimidated by that, which led me to the question, William, why would she want to go out with you in the first place. Hard He said to himself that she's so worldly, she's so traveled.
Speaker 2: What what would be the appeal for her.
Speaker 9: Well, I'm a nice guy, and I'm open to going on more traveling ventures. I mean I've traveled a little bit myself.
Speaker 2: Oh you traveled the world.
Speaker 3: Come on, Jeffrey. Not everybody cant afford that. But I think what it would be appealing is he seems like.
Speaker 1: A really curious guy, right, Like, that's who someone who likes to travel.
Speaker 2: Website for curious men.
Speaker 5: I think that's a totally different issue. He's I think you sound totally fine.
Speaker 3: By the way, William interested in her adventures. He asked a ton of questions.
Speaker 2: Have you traveled at all before? You not travel? What's your travel experience?
Speaker 9: No? Yeah, I mean I've been out of the country. I've gone to Cabo twice. Oh wow, I've driven to Scottsdale.
Speaker 3: Before Scottsdale, Wow, Arizona.
Speaker 5: Okay, there's something to work right here. It's not quite you know, the Vienna Opera house, but it's close.
Speaker 9: So yeah.
Speaker 3: The positive is she could show him all these places. Jeffrey. Sure, you just have to convince her.
Speaker 2: He can show her the golf course at Scottsdale.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's just get her on the phone.
Speaker 2: I'm excited to talk to this worldly lady. Let's get her on the phone right now. Here we go. You're ready to speak English? She does speak English, right?
Speaker 9: I think she speaks a couple of languages actually, but English.
Speaker 5: One on your date otherwise is going to go really, really bad. All right, I'm gonna try and see how it goes here.
Speaker 2: I'm down the number right now.
Speaker 9: Hello, bon Joel?
Speaker 2: Is these Stace? I'm so sorry for.
Speaker 3: French. I won't try.
Speaker 5: Sorry, Stacey, I'm hoping. This is a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 8: Can I help you?
Speaker 5: Yeah, we need a lot of help, but mostly we're looking for help for one of our listeners named William, because he's a guy who, rumor has it you went on a date with recently.
Speaker 8: What is this about a date?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: This is It's a segment we do called Second Date Update, where our listeners go out with someone and if they're not hearing back, or if they feel like they're getting ghosted, they can email us and we'll try and reach out to that person for them.
Speaker 3: It's a real North American continent type thing. M M.
Speaker 5: Sorry for being weird about all the North America stuff. It's just we we heard that you're very well traveled.
Speaker 8: Yes, I am well traveled. Who is the guy or which date was this? I've been on a couple recently.
Speaker 2: It was William. Oh, yeah, William.
Speaker 8: Oh, William.
Speaker 2: Yes, Yes, you guys went and got dinner together the other night.
Speaker 8: Yes, we went out to dinner.
Speaker 3: Okay, did you enjoy it?
Speaker 8: I don't know what you want from me here? It was it was a nice time.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, I guess is what we want is honesty.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we're just we're trying to help out William a little bit because he doesn't understand why there hasn't been a second meetup.
Speaker 1: He really liked you a lot and thought that maybe they saw some potential between you two.
Speaker 8: I just honestly, he just wasn't cultured enough for me. And I don't know, he just he lacked manners.
Speaker 2: Oh lacked manners? Well, hold on, are we nitpicking?
Speaker 3: Did not like have his fork in the right area.
Speaker 2: Of the place.
Speaker 8: He he didn't.
Speaker 2: He doesn't have good.
Speaker 3: Etiquette, okay, any example.
Speaker 8: Yeah, an example is he kind of yelled out when he had to go.
Speaker 10: To the bathroom.
Speaker 8: You know, we're in a really nice restaurant.
Speaker 2: He announced it to like the whole room or what do you mean?
Speaker 8: Yes, he just he got up and he says, I'm going to the bathroom. And it was like it was a big announcement.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that's bad etiquette.
Speaker 2: Excuse me.
Speaker 1: I think he was just trying to tell her where he was going so that you didn't think he was ditching you or something.
Speaker 8: Well, he could have just said, excuse me for.
Speaker 5: A minute, exactly, I'll be right back.
Speaker 3: Have a lot higher standards than I do.
Speaker 2: I know, I think that's a little bit picky, at least for us. Is that all that he did?
Speaker 8: No, we're at a very nice steakhouse and he waved down the waiter to get more bread.
Speaker 2: And okay, is that is that rude? What is that?
Speaker 3: I love that bread.
Speaker 2: I know, if the bread's good, you want more.
Speaker 8: Well, it just seemed a little low class to me. He would have waited till they came to refill you know, my wine.
Speaker 5: Order at a nice restaurant, to check on you all the time, So you expect him to be around every five minutes. I guess if I remember back to my private school, you are supposed to wait for the waiter to.
Speaker 2: Come to the table.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're not supposed to shout across the restaurant.
Speaker 3: Nobody lives by these rules anymore.
Speaker 5: They're like, well, that's brook, but it's not okay when you go to an actual respected place, a.
Speaker 3: Beautiful steak dinner. Right. He's the one that picked it, He's the one that took you there.
Speaker 8: Yes, the restaurant was great. It's just I mean, there's more stuff. He's just so loud and I was whispering because there's other people around, and it was just really inappropriate for such a nice place.
Speaker 9: I'm sorry, excuse me, excuse me, I'm sorry. This is William. We were at an outback steakhouse. It's like, it wasn't a Michelin star type of restaurant.
Speaker 2: I mean, oh sorry, hold on, hold on, hold on, William.
Speaker 5: I need to let Stacy know that William has been waiting on the other line listening to this whole conversation.
Speaker 2: He's uh, he's wanting to talk to you.
Speaker 8: Yes, it was an outback steakhouse. It was the first time I've ever been. It was a very lovely Australian steakhouse.
Speaker 9: Was lovely.
Speaker 5: You're so world you've never been to an outback which is.
Speaker 2: Not worldly you what do you can mean? Stay? You think that an outback steakhouse is a very like fine dining establishment, but it's a big problement for any outback people listening.
Speaker 8: And it's not that it was like the best steakhouse I've ever been, but it was just it felt authentic.
Speaker 3: Wait, wait, did you did you look around at the other guests. You can wave down all the free bread you want there.
Speaker 8: I have traveled a lot and not all restaurants are five star, you know, Michelin restaurants, but they're beautiful and there's culture. So I thought that that was just an authentic, you know thing.
Speaker 2: You're giving it the fact it doesn't really do.
Speaker 3: There's definitely cold.
Speaker 1: Try it out back, but it's not like high society culture.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you know, honestly, I'm just happy he didn't take me to a chain restaurant.
Speaker 2: You know, I wouldn't recommend googling out back state.
Speaker 3: It would be you should try Applebee's. It's this little quaint place.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, great Long Island girl.
Speaker 2: I don't want to give you too many ideas.
Speaker 8: Honestly, I don't even know what you guys are talking about.
Speaker 5: Okay, don't worry about any of that. We should be worried about is William, who had a great time with you the other night, restaurant and etiquette aside, and what he really wants is just to see you one more time and give it another chance.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and you know what if you do agree to go on a date with me on the second day and night, I really do hope you do. I will take you to a really nice place and I will show you that I have proper etiquette. I am a classy guy. I know how to behave ending on where I'm at and wow, I want you give me a chance to show that to you.
Speaker 3: Wow. It was a gentleman response if I have ever heard one.
Speaker 5: Well crafted, very thoughtful. And all that's left now is Stacy a yes or no? If you want to go out with him one more time, we'll pay for it and tell us if you're curtsying while you're doing it.
Speaker 2: Please.
Speaker 9: You know what.
Speaker 8: I I don't do charity. I'm okay, Oh, don't do charity.
Speaker 3: You want to be charity like that good manners and dar.
Speaker 5: You really are worldly, aren't you?
Speaker 8: I do charity. I don't take charity as I.
Speaker 2: Will.
Speaker 9: Man, I am sorry, dude, Yeah yeah, he can't win them all. I guess I'll give it another crack out there, wave.
Speaker 3: Your hands around and ask for help again, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, it just occurred to me. I totally forgot to bring up the almond roccas.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that sounds European and fancy.
Speaker 3: It's a classy dessert.
Speaker 2: It's not from Europe, but.
Speaker 5: He should get points for bringing a classy sounding dessert to out Okay, classy.
Speaker 2: Sounding I like.
Speaker 1: My husband used to send those to is his grandma and Jamaica, and she called them the candy with the bread crumbs.
Speaker 5: I think if you pull some gold foil wrapped candy out of your pocket after dinner, I don't care if it's half melted, that is class.
Speaker 1: It doesn't really melt because it's so hard.
Speaker 5: I totally forgot to mention it though. I am losing my touch.
Speaker 3: That's what went wrong.
Speaker 2: It could have been at least.
Speaker 5: Some bonus points in his corner for having a little bit of extra you know.
Speaker 2: Juge.
Speaker 3: Dude, she's a little confused. I mean she thought the outback was fancy.
Speaker 5: Well, we didn't get it done this time, but we promised to do better next time.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Okay, you can be part of that next time. If you email the show, we'll call that person who wasn't calling you back