Speaker 1: And I invited you here. I thought I made myself perfectly clear. When you're a guest to my home, you gotta come to me empty. And I said, no, guest, your presences presents enough. I already had too much stuff.
Speaker 2: So how do you dare to surbey me?
Speaker 3: Welcome to? I said, no gifts, and Bridger Winecker, we are in the backyard. Maybe that's not even a novelty for you anymore, listener, but it continues to be a novelty for me. Well, you couldn't have caught me at a worse time. I just finished a book yesterday and had no book planned to read after, and am now just in total free fall as far as reading is concerned. And that's essentially all I'm thinking about at all times. What will I read next? There's no end in sight, so I'm in a mood. But we're fortunately we have a wonderful, wonderful guest, and hopefully she can help alleviate some of this and we can just stop thinking about my situation for ten seconds. Let's welcome on Darcy. Cardon Darcy. Yeah, welcome to isaid no gid.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for having me. I'm so sorry about this horrible predicament you're in. It's terrible.
Speaker 3: Are you a reader?
Speaker 2: Oops? I just outed myself that noise always says something. I come from a reading family. Oh, like a reading family. I come from a family of one to three four librarians. You're kidding me? My grandma, to uncles and an aunt. Oh that's lovely. And I'm definitely full of ADHD And I have, you know, whatever brain issues that I just I want to read. When I read, I'm happy to be reading. I just it takes so much for me to get to reading.
Speaker 3: What does it does it have to be just the exact right book.
Speaker 2: It's a little bit of the exact right book the exact right moment, because God, it's just so much easier to like watch something, of course, you know. And I also find it so daunting, like what if the book's not good? One hundred pages.
Speaker 3: In halfway through? My life is waste?
Speaker 2: Right? Whereas it feels like if I start a TV show, maybe I know, fifteen minutes and if I don't want to watch this or whatever, it feels so much it feels like less of a commitment. I guess. So I was just talking to my grandma about this because she's such a reader. And I was like, how do you get over that that, you know, that fear of wasting your time with a bad book? And she again, coming from all these readers, they like have their little tricks. She's like, oh, I know within the first time, pages ten pages.
Speaker 3: No, that's your grandmother's alive.
Speaker 2: She's a liar. I'm reading a book right now that is meant for little kids. What is it? It's great? My aunt wrote a book.
Speaker 3: Oh you're kidding.
Speaker 2: I'm not kidding. And and it's not out yet, but reading it and it's okay, So you can't really speak about I can't speak about it.
Speaker 3: Wow, a top secret young adult, highly addictive book.
Speaker 2: But I can't have to tell you about it when I am a lot to speak about.
Speaker 3: It when your aunt, you and your aunt come back to promote the book.
Speaker 2: Would do? Would do? But yeah, I guess it has to be the right book. It has to be. I do tend to read books that friends, right, you know what I mean? And what a weird little job we have that, like we would know people that you know write books, so I you know, there's the pressure to like read a book that a friend or acquaintance wrote right, and then also just you know, sometimes enough people have recommended. I mean, I'm talking a lot about books for someone that really rarely reads. My mom always goes, but she reads scripts all the time. Guys, give her, give her, give her a break. What was what was the last big book you wrote wrote? What was the last novel that you ped? I read not so long ago call me by your name?
Speaker 3: Oh wonderful.
Speaker 2: I've never read it. I don't better my experience than the movie. Well did you watch the movie? Watch the movie and you didn't love the movie? That wasn't crazy. But I do think the book is better than the movie. Okay, I wonder if that might be your next the book? Is that might quite beautiful? Okay? And is there is?
Speaker 3: Is it?
Speaker 2: Oh? Sorry? Is there? I feel like seeing That's what I thought I'm gonna say. Is there a sequel? What do you mean? A book or a movie?
Speaker 3: I feel like I've read that there was a sequel on some short and it felt like, in what universe does any of this need a sequel?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Right, I don't. Oh, oh, there is a sequel okay, yeah, and I believe it follows the younger guy in his adult life.
Speaker 3: I think, I think, I think, I think fascinating. Don't want I have no interest in following that story past. Timothy shallow May crying in front of a TV. I like that.
Speaker 2: You think it's a TV. It was a fireplace. Maybe it was a TV with the fire the Netflix jet that kind of like Christmasy? What did I think it was a TV? Maybe I was bawling in front of the TV. You were, you were looking at a mirror.
Speaker 3: Basically I was watching the movie through a mirror, kind of doing a reverse. Okay, maybe that could be.
Speaker 2: The next one, and then another one, just another one I read. I mean, this is maybe a year ago. But Martin Schwartz autobiography. Have you read that? No? And I don't know why I have. Okay, that might be it too.
Speaker 3: That's a great idea, I recommend. I mean, like, who is funnier?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Literally literally and the podcast goes blank for one hour. It's nothing to say answer the question. It's beautiful, it's hilarious. I cried, it's it's sad, it's I really recommend. I can't believe we're talking about book so much. This is so funny. This is like my siblings right now are rolling their eyes like, yeah, she's the one to ask. They literally read a book a day. I'm I'm I am not smart.
Speaker 3: Oh give me a break. Okay, I mean it is interesting that we're talking about libraries a little bit, and this is not paid a pay promotion by any means. Earlier today, I went in an ACE Hardware. Okay, have you ever been in an ACE Hardware?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: This was my first experience inside. Usually i'm at a you know, the bigger chain, Yeah, bigger than face Home home depot. Never a positive experience in a home depot. Today, I thought and went in for absolutely no reason, but I just thought, I've never been in an ACE. Maybe what's happening in there that they're still able to stay afloat despite home depot kind of taking over the country. I went in, and I'm not kidding. I thought, the only other time I've had this experience was in a library. It was quiet, Yeah, it was peaceful. The cashier was so friendly. You're an aceman. I'm a full aceman.
Speaker 2: At this point.
Speaker 3: I mean, let's let's be honest. I don't know their politics, right, I know that, right, that could get icky. I don't know, but maybe there are. I mean my experience, it's run by angels.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. Well this is great because Home Depots is too big. It's it's it's too loud, there's not Also, I would love to be the face of home Depot, so I should probably I would love and it is out but I am the face of home Depot. But yeah, Ace, I feel like I'm okay. By the way, listeners to the bot. I'm looking around this lovely backyard. It's gorgeous. There are plants everywhere. Oh where the pandemic. My husband and I got really into plants.
Speaker 3: Oh you're kidding outdoor plant, indoor plants.
Speaker 2: Both okay. And I feel like we would go to Ace for I mean we would go to you know, your nice your nice nursery.
Speaker 3: You're nice, right.
Speaker 2: For example, it's great. It's by like the Target in Hollywood. You've driven by it. I have to imagine I have, and it's it's heart tay.
Speaker 3: Oh as in Mariska the brother you know, of course I'm familiar with that. I don't know why.
Speaker 2: I like, yeah, what's his name?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 3: Devon, absolutely the brother of Marisca.
Speaker 2: And there's all these school girls that work there. They have great plants. They're cheap. Again, I don't know why we're talking about this, but I'm glad we are. Actually i've listened to the podcast before.
Speaker 1: This is what it is.
Speaker 3: This is what Usually it's basically like medical science, like get into the issues and it's a very serious time. But this one time, I thought, let's talk about thee.
Speaker 2: And there mild the nurseries, the libraries, the books, the aces. It's the Yeah, so ACE would be like a fun place to get a bunch of cheap plants. So we would do that. Everyone while it was kind of like my, okay, this is what we do, and this is like deep pandemic time. My dog and I and my husband and my dog and I we would go no, not really a slip. We're like an omit. My dog and my husband and I would drive to ACE. My dog and I would stay in the car because you don't want two people going inside. You can't take a dog inside.
Speaker 3: I don't think not probably not any I feel like you can do whatever the hell you want in a home.
Speaker 2: No one knows what's going on. I have, I've done whatever the hell I want. My husband would come out of the ace with a freakin stroller. What are they called?
Speaker 3: Push the items strollers?
Speaker 2: Full of full of fun, surprise plants. Oh so you would just say go to as I say, here's forty dollars go nuts aces Wild. Oh my god, feel free, no listeners at home, Feel free to take that to your partner, say let's it's Sunday, let's go aces Wild.
Speaker 3: I can't believe what we've just come up. Oh my god, I'm mortified and also extremely proud.
Speaker 2: You should be proud.
Speaker 3: Also, ACE should be using that for their marketing strategy.
Speaker 2: What have they been doing?
Speaker 3: I think their thing is like very forgettable. It's like come to the store or something. Yeah, but now they say ACE is Wild.
Speaker 2: Like maybe it's one day a week, maybe it's the same day every week. Maybe it's like maybe it's one day a month, maybe it's one day a quarter. But it's like ACE Shoppers today is ACE is Wild. And that means what fifty plan?
Speaker 3: I think a fifty percent off and that is going to decimate their earnings reports. But that's okay, that's fine, it's worth it for the marketing. Yeah, so he would go in, your husband would go in. I'm picturing you and the dog in an old fashioned pickup.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it couldn't be rustier.
Speaker 3: And you just wait for him to come out with whatever plant.
Speaker 2: That's right. Sometimes I take Penny on a little stroll around the parking garage. It was a slow time early on.
Speaker 3: Ind that was that was an interesting period. It was also a time when I had just moved into this house and we had to go to home depot pretty frequently, right, and it was always very panic con.
Speaker 2: And now you wish you'd known about ACE. You wish you had heard of it.
Speaker 3: I had no idea there was even an option. But now it's fully on the radar. This has truly become I mean ACE. I'll expect an envelope. Yeah, I'm sorry, I mean I love an envelope empty end.
Speaker 2: I would know. Well, I really wish this was, you know, visual, because I can't tell you how beautiful these plants are. There's like a fusha pink plant that I have in a little pot, but this is a bush of it. This is an absolute bush too. Fact, it's overwhelming. Do you know what it's called? Yeah, but I can't remember.
Speaker 3: Somebody was here recently and they were googling trying to figure out what the name was, and we never quite landed on it, but it was like, yeah, something I can.
Speaker 2: Text my husband right now. Is that a fun thing to do on a podcast? Okay, wait, hold on, that's a thriller. It's just kind of a silent text exactly. No, I'll make it loud. I'll make it loud. I'll make it loud.
Speaker 3: Get the clicking noise.
Speaker 2: I'll take a thing here. Aren't you guys into like voice memo type stuff? I am, we're young. Here comes the voice memo. Hello, Jason, I'm report recording that. Oh I already screwed up. Hello Jason, I'm recording that podcast as we speak. You know, the pink flower that we have on our porch that like is so the one, I say is so dramatic because it always dies and then we water and it comes back to life. What is it called? Please report back immediately? Wow?
Speaker 3: And now we just wait, just wait. I could come within the time of the podcast. Will may come hours later?
Speaker 2: No, I think he will. He also if we're plugging things, and we are, of course only been plugging things. Jason has an app for plants that you point at it, you take a picture, and it tells you with complete accuracy. Wait that he developed or on his phone, the app on his phone, and it does feel accurate. It is absolutely accurate. It's insane and the app name is in Hillton. Okay, I'm gonna ask one more question, Please hold Jason. Also, what is the name of the plant app that you didn't develop but you do own on your phone? Please report back? Thank you.
Speaker 3: Okay, So while we wipe to hear back about that. I got a free plant to app at one point and it truly told me every plant in my yard was some sort of under sea.
Speaker 2: It was like, this is so not absolutely not good at all. No, this one is so accurate. And the name of we'll find out soon. But the name of the app is something like it makes it has nothing to do with like this is going to make more sense when he tells us. But it's something like spot it or something that has nothing to do with like how did you get this name? That's for right it? Maybe it isn't spotted, but it's like it's like the most basic app name. It's like picture this. I think I literally think it's picture this. I hope you respond or something.
Speaker 3: I'm now on. I'm now realizing also, is aces wild even a term? Or is it jokers wild?
Speaker 2: What is no term? Hon a Lis? Does anyone have any idea there's something wild? Right? I don't think it's it's certainly totally mean what you meant, and I'm sure in some I mean, why does it? It feels like it feels like if it's not the name, like like jokers wild for sure. No, no, no, I think it could be anything wild queens wise. Yeah, aces wild really sounds this is wild.
Speaker 3: I mean I feel like I've been, at the very least invented a new gambling term.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah. Oh man. I played cards this weekend with my aunt and my uncle and my cousin and my husband, and uh we they're like a real make up the rules as you go family, like like setting the rules. But it's like, oh, wouldn't it be fun if we had to like whenever you pick up a this you have to pass your cards into the left or whatever. And it was very fun. But man, that's a certain.
Speaker 3: Kind of what card game?
Speaker 2: Were you playing? Rummy? I've never played Rummy. I have no idea. I love it. Anybody want to play rummy?
Speaker 1: Him?
Speaker 2: Yeap?
Speaker 3: Is it kind of a gambling game or is it more of a go fish style?
Speaker 2: Okay, those are the two as far as I well, I guess, because I feel like go fish is pretty much.
Speaker 3: Luck, right, I mean right, or let's talk about it. I mean essentially every one of these games. I mean, oh, there's strategy. Come on, you have a gambling addiction.
Speaker 2: No, I don't really know gambling that way, and only gambled a couple of times.
Speaker 1: I guess.
Speaker 3: I guess, oh, aces wild.
Speaker 1: Okay, so.
Speaker 2: We're celebrating.
Speaker 3: I've got to give myself a little credit.
Speaker 2: Okay, I got everybody hold for Jason's voice. Here we go. I hope it's loud, and I hope I'm I hope it doesn't embarrass me. Okay, Okay. The plant the red planet out front is called a blood leaf. Blood. It's called like a herbs blood leaf or something like that. And then the app that I have is called this. God damn it. Jason, thank you so much. That was wonderful. You did everything right. I love you so much. I'll see you in about an hour.
Speaker 3: Blood that's kind of what you were I was saying, fire lead, yeah, blood, but herbs blood leaf. Herb had to get in there and kind of own herb. He said, herb. I'll say herb, yeah, but herb as a name. My picture kind of a dork, right, So I imagined some dork named this, and it was like, you're we're not getting away without having my name.
Speaker 2: But don't you think if it's a plant and he's saying the word herbie actually means herb.
Speaker 3: Oh interesting, But he said, I feel like you said, like possessive, like herbs.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah right, herbs, good nerdy herbs. Blood leaf. You can get one at Mariska Argiteze Salon or whatever.
Speaker 3: It's Unsanta Monica Boulevard, and I believe Librea I have.
Speaker 2: That sounds right. Oh god, We've gotten through so.
Speaker 3: Much here Ace the Leaves, and we're not even too the most important part of why we're I mean, why I'm going, why we're here to look, let's just get into let's know it.
Speaker 2: I have to I have to before you get into it. I have to tell you something. What you just had. Brandon Scott jones On, who's one of my.
Speaker 3: Best friend adore so do I the best?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the best person? Truly listen to that app if you if you haven't yet listeners. But you, guys, he gave you a yoga block, and you I'm sure people listening at home were like, yell, like, have you ever been listening to a podcast where you know the right answer and you're like calling at the Of course, a yoga block is not for what, Like, I don't know what the hell you guys are thinking, Well.
Speaker 3: Look, he brought it to my home. You should have had some information.
Speaker 2: Some idea. So what is it for? You're gonna love it? You like, here's what Here's what I use. Yoga block four opening up your hips, okay, stretching out your back. It's really good for not even exercise, but for like like stretching.
Speaker 3: So does that mean I'm like placing it under like a lower back and then like lying lying on the fet.
Speaker 2: Here's a way i'd recommend. Okay, you're lying on your back. You go up into like a bridge position, which is very simple, sounds hard, you know, bridge positions. So your feet are flat and your knees are bent, and you just kind of like lift your pelvis up, oh sure, and then scoot the block under your butt okay.
Speaker 3: Right directly under the butt hole.
Speaker 2: I mean you kind of it kind of is or like your tailbone and then let your legs down, baby, and you're just gonna realize stretch. It's yeah, you lie there, lie there for like a couple of minutes, for a minute or is.
Speaker 3: That exclusively what it's for.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Okay, so now on, No, I think you can use it for exercises too, Like I imagine you can use it for like I bet there's like some ab stuff you can use for it. Right, but okay, so wait, ower back, upper back. I think you can do. Oh that feels so good, right, imagine imagine like laying on like a ball elevated and it's gonna like, oh, it's gonna I could use that. You really should use it. And you're still on your grass or whatever, your beautiful you're beautiful in the backyard and just lie with the bugs. Spare it the blood leaf or whatever their gorgeous blood leaf. Okay. Anyway, so wow, So I just wanted you to know that that it's I feel like Brandon kind of made it sound like it's for exercising and it's and you clearly were like, I don't want to ostracize.
Speaker 3: Not with the thing that I barely know anything about it?
Speaker 2: Now you want to use it for I don't know. You use it like give yourself a little, you know, a little break.
Speaker 3: I also feel like maybe I put it under my knees and get down and scrub the floor.
Speaker 2: You could do that, you know, could sit on it if you were giving your dog a bath. You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: I bathed my dog in the shower.
Speaker 2: Oh you do. How is your dog? She's the same size as yours. Oh, let's say the pounds on the count of three. Okay, well, let's say the pounds. Okay, let's say the pounds. Okay, ready, one, two, three, eighty body okay.
Speaker 3: Wow, okay, So now I mean I kind of won the competition, you did.
Speaker 2: I mean I lost because I thought they were the same. What sort of dog is yours? She's a pit. She's like a brown floppy ear. Oh she gorgeous. Do you have a picture?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, our dog is an American bulldog that we thought was a pit for a long time.
Speaker 2: She's pity. Yeah, she's got a very she's tall for for a bulldog, right right, Okay, these are all pictures of her gorgeous belly. Oh, here's a picture of her chilling with my little niece Clover.
Speaker 3: Oh, she almost looks like a laboratory.
Speaker 2: She does look like she's When we got her, they at the at what you call it shelter, at the expensive dog kennel. No don't, we don't. We don't do that puppy. Yea, yeah, exactly said can we get a pit bull? We they said, chocolate lab pit And she does look like a laugh. But then when we've done her DNA, she's absolute not a lot or she's like a little you know one. Do I think that chocolab probably gets a lot of dogs out the door? Of course, you know it's kind of one I can write right it.
Speaker 3: Is just beautiful dogs, Yeah, yours. So you're getting in the shower with the dog. Yes, I'm getting in the shower with my dog.
Speaker 2: Picture it, listener, Just gorgeous people and their dogs. Yeah. Do you do it alone? I do it alone. I put on a swim suit. Can't have it just things swing out.
Speaker 3: I don't need to be naked with the dog. It's a you know, it's father daughter time to we're just taking we're in the pool.
Speaker 2: Essentially. I totally do the same thing. I have these little like a sports bra on these little shorts. I could just put on a baby suit. I don't know why I don't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I occasionally will, do you know, underwear or whatever, But suit works better. Yeah, swim suit drives drives off.
Speaker 2: So like a swimsuit doesn't get that much action. No, maybe like once a year, one to ten times a year, right, and if you're doing a if you're incorporating your swimsuit into your dog bathing, that's gonna double its usage.
Speaker 3: For me, that's one every once every ten days. This dog has to have allergy shampoo. So we're getting in there. I'm telling her what a good dog she is, over and over and over for probably fifteen minutes, and you have to pick her up and put her in the shower or she comes willingly. Although it's like one of these situations where I have to put the leash on. I offer her a treat, Okay, she won't take it. There's one time of the week that she knows that that's where that's headed. But she also knows that she's going to have a leash. I'm like, why not at least get the tree.
Speaker 2: And it's funny because Penny also doesn't want to be bathed, and then once she's in, she's fine, but she doesn't want to. But we always, Jason and I always were like, you're going to be rubbed for ten minutes. You want, we are going to rub you for ten minutes, you fool. Okay, here's a little tip if this would help. I smear peanut butter on the shower wall. Can you picture, Oh my god, that's not a huge glot, but just a little bit, so that she's like standing there licking the shower. Was so smart. Free We use peanut butter to get her to take every other pill exactly brilliant. At least try it for a month and then she'll get over it. I'm sure. So smart.
Speaker 3: Okay, and peanut butter, you know the dogs obsessed they do. Okay, Well, it sounds like you're just trying to kind of distract me from the issue at hand. So you agreed to be on I said, no gifts my podcast. At some point in the past, I was thrilled. I was so excited that Darcy is so funny. We'll have a great time. There's no she's not going to pull anything. She's not going to try to, you know, get the attention on her, she's going to allow me to have all the attention. So I was a little surprised while that bird.
Speaker 2: Really yeah, I was a little surprised when.
Speaker 3: You kind of sauntered into my backyard holding a bag. I'm sorry, kind of singing I have a gift for you. Look what I brought, right, I wasn't quite sure what that meant. But now you kind of put it together. Yeah, I've kind of put the pieces together. So I have to ask, is this a gift for me?
Speaker 2: I'm so sorry, but it is. Okay, I know, I know, and I know that that was like really clear in the email. If that's not what this is, not even not what it's about, it's like really frowned upon.
Speaker 3: Right, I mean absolutely forbidden. I think forbidden is the only word. I think that that's kind of in all caps in the email.
Speaker 2: It's just it's the hard part, of course, is that I've never been to your house.
Speaker 3: Sure as a loophole, yeah, kind of dodging blame any way you can.
Speaker 2: I'm just I'm just such a sweet Midwestern goal Okay, well I'm from the Barrier, but you know what I mean, you put off a Midwestern you. I think that that's a wonderful thing. Well, do you want me to open it here on the podcast? I do, Yeah, do you mind? I just want to see you. I just want to see what it is. I mean, I know what it is, but I want to see you see what it is.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm happy to open it, and I want.
Speaker 2: You to know that the bag is part of the gift.
Speaker 3: It's a beautiful bag, isn't it. This is like a thick fabric.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: I kind of want to tell you what's going on before you get of course, let's here. Okay, here's what it is. I went through my house and gave you a bunch of stuff that I don't really want, untouched, unused, great things, but things that I'm like, I haven't opened this for a reason, but they're great things. There are things that I would give it to my sisters, things that my aunt's, my uncle's, whoever comes over. I don't want them, and I really want you to have.
Speaker 3: I can't wait to dive into this.
Speaker 2: And it's just one hundred dollars bills and I'm just strewed about your house. I also put a sticker over each of the name brands because I don't want any of the brands to feel like I didn't. That makes sense.
Speaker 3: You can ace hardware so.
Speaker 2: You feel free to peel the stickers off later, but on air.
Speaker 3: You will speaking brand name.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, let's get into that. Okay, it's a kind of I knew, I do know that you will use that bag. The bag looks I've only met you one time, but I know I can see you this bag.
Speaker 3: Bags and books are two things where I'm like, when the bags are my current bag start to have a hole in it, I begin to panic. Will my next bag?
Speaker 2: Honey?
Speaker 3: Okay, listener, this is it's not a gift bag. It's like a thick thing, so you're not going to hear any crunching.
Speaker 2: What do we call that a tote bag?
Speaker 3: It's like a toad's almost the shoulder.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's great. It's it's gray and black and white stripe. It's beautiful. It's really cute. I kind of feel guilty he just said the brand. It's okay, let's see. Okay, first, I know you have a dog. Wait, pet accessories. Oh god, I'm like, don't say the brand. I'm not gonna this is.
Speaker 3: I actually have no idea what I'm looking at great, great Great. I won't say the brand, because there was a very cute stick. Stickers are cute.
Speaker 2: Do you want to do? You want to help?
Speaker 1: You?
Speaker 2: Like? And it looks like, as far as I can tell, some sort of crystal product. Crystal product. What it's a little much for me. There's it's I think it's water goes in the container, okay, and there's a crystal in there, and then I think you press the button and then your dog can drink out of the Yeah, and maybe the crystal is like really good for your dog's health or something poison. Yeah, I don't want it.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So it almost looks like an ice cream scool. Yes, it does, like a giant or like a snowball rower. But it's like a clear jar with a like an onyx crystal in the back.
Speaker 2: Crystal.
Speaker 3: This is a fascinating I mean it's a real pseudo science. Yes, uh, who knows what will happen, but this is perfect.
Speaker 2: I can take. There's a little crunchy crunch and when I got it, I thought, oh, I love this, and then I I did not ever want to open it again. I just it's like I would I guess i'd want it for a walk. But I'm never going to take a big old bowl or I mean, oh, oh, I guess you could just give it to your dog anytime.
Speaker 3: To me, it's like a walking right, It's not like when I'm at the house the dog has water.
Speaker 2: She's not going to drink out of a goddamn like ice cream scoop unless you put in maybe some bone broth. Okay, but sorry you guys. He laughs on me a lot, but he doesn't silently, so you don't know that I'm actually being stone.
Speaker 3: I'm Darcy. Please not stop stop stopping shows.
Speaker 2: You're doing the like the like your time is up. Yeah, okay, so that is something. Yeah, So anyway, for a walk or a hike, I would use one of those like collapsible bowls, oh, because I don't want bulky shit on me when I'm on a hike with my dog.
Speaker 3: So was the collapsible one like a fabric thing.
Speaker 2: It's like a plasticky rubbery thing and it just like flattens to like a rubber disk, and then you can.
Speaker 3: Pop it out like a like a So you're taking your dog on hikes?
Speaker 2: I am? How often? Well often? I was? She's well, okay, here's what I was about to do. This is a this is a problem of mine. Okay, ready, let's just get into it. You said, how often are you taking your dogs on walks? Yes, okay, My brain goes, well, she's sick right now, so you're not really taking her on walks that often, right, So exactly. So I'm like, but we don't need to get into the sickness. It's just sad. Think about pre sick right, So it's pre sick Okay, let's like during early COVID, well, like everything pre sickness. We're going on a walk every day, right, We're going on a hike with a water maybe like once or twice a week, and we're talking about three or four miles.
Speaker 3: That's a lot of hiking.
Speaker 2: And maybe you're a little bit but on a good day or a good week, that's what we're doing.
Speaker 3: Well, even once a week a hike.
Speaker 2: I live right next to a great HiPE.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, So it's just walk out the door, literally, not really planning it, okay.
Speaker 2: And the dog and enjoys. She loves it, she lives for it. Right now, she's bored. His hell, what's wrong? Get bored, honey?
Speaker 3: This is gonna be Oh, she gonna be okay, She'll be okay, Okay, as long as we know she's gonna be okay, she'll be okay.
Speaker 2: I don't know she'll be. How old is she? She's eight? Dog is also I know she's really young. Pits are prone to like mass cell tumors. Do you know you had one of Okay, we had it removed, So Pennys have on. I know, everything's okay. You know, Penny had four of them, and we've got them all, gotten them all removed, and this last one has been a doozy. And it's been since it's been like nine months. You've got to be kidding me. Where was it? It's on her like back leg, and we've done chemo and we've done surgery and we're we've done radiation and it's you know, she's great. I mean, she's great. She's like she's don't she's just a trooper and she's amazing. Jason and I are like absolutely, I don't even know. Like we're like we are dead. We died nine months ago. We're floating through this life.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: This has been like the most rollercoastery like nine months that have gone by in the blink of an eye and also have been so long. It's it's you know, when you're when the thing you love is not doing that, that is not a fun experience. Now, So guys, either cut this out or amplify it, put an echo behind it.
Speaker 3: Let's all just think about Penny for one second. Please give this crystal never was able to do.
Speaker 2: This is the thing. I'm like, would the crystal cure cancer? I don't think so, but if it does, let me know, And then I'm going to.
Speaker 3: Come back over here and take a back kind of a communal crystal. Yeah, oh my god. Okay, well we have other items to get into here, so we might as well just let's see here. Okay, this is since sense and again we're not saying the brand, and it kind of matches the crystal.
Speaker 2: It's a great vibe.
Speaker 3: But I can't imagine they're doggings.
Speaker 2: They're not doing sense and things with like incense and candles, like, I know, this is a good smell. I don't like it.
Speaker 3: Interesting, it's a very it's all.
Speaker 2: It's great. Yeah, why don't you freaking tell them everything? Jesus Christ. It's uh, it's like if I you know, especially with candles and incense and scented things if you or even like creams and perfumes. If there's anything about the smell for me at least that's off, I'll just never use it. Well, I hope not right right. It's not a bad smell. It's not like a rotten smell. It's nothing. It's nothing, there's nothing off about it. It just doesn't sit right with me, so I don't want it. I think it smells nice. I have very low tolerance. I mean actually a very high tolerance for smells. I'm crazy about smells. What are your favorite smells? Oh, I like for candles and stuff like that. I like like a like a spearmint or like, oh, like a I say spearmint because the candle I'm thinking of is like winter spearmint or something like that. I love that. I like like a spearmint, you know, that classic candle smell. I like like a minty, wintery kind of an herb. Yeah, like a herb herbie. Thank you, thank you for the reminder.
Speaker 3: Okay, I don't think I've ever had a spearmint any outside of a gum, which I do think is an underrated gum.
Speaker 2: It's a great gum. It's you know, it is another great gum, underrated for youth, cinnamon, cinnamon. It's such a Grandpa gum.
Speaker 3: I love a big Red. I love a big bread. What are we talking about with big Red? Is it a sugar gum or have they gone to a sugar free Oh.
Speaker 2: My god, I don't really know about sugar and sugar free gums. I can only eat a sugar free gum at this point, because what are we doing with our bodies?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: I mean like that truly if it's a sugar gum.
Speaker 2: Just so. If I'm eating like Orbit gum like that for a day, thank god. Although what is this? Yeah, exactly, it's doing something else bad.
Speaker 3: I feel like there is a cinnamon gum that's sugar free, but a big red that hard almost riddle. I know, I love it.
Speaker 2: I think, well, if you're saying Orbit is sugar free, then that I feel like a lot of natural gums are ship crap. Fuck that the worst, the worst, nothing, do nothing. The taste goes away in thirty seconds. It's just the essence said that it's gone.
Speaker 3: I don't know that I've had any natural gums I always reached for, and this is not branded contact at orbit.
Speaker 2: Orbit. If you want two people to be the face of the great teeth. By the way, we have really good teeth. Your teeth are so good. We both had braces, right, Yeah, we both had Yeah, I got my braces. Oh is this good or what? I had my braces basically not basically for exactly junior high. I got them off like two weeks before high school.
Speaker 3: So is this now when you say junior high?
Speaker 2: For me? It was middle school, seventh to ninth grade, sixth and eighth, okay, and then I got it off like a week or two before, right, and wants the French me? And the answer was kind of a lot of.
Speaker 3: People oppos experience, but I wasn't. I simply was not.
Speaker 2: You were putting it out.
Speaker 3: God knows what would have happened had I.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was leading tooth first. Yeah, I was.
Speaker 3: Seventh to ninth grade. And then the feeling the freedom you're flying. Do you have a permanent retainer?
Speaker 2: I wish I did.
Speaker 3: I did for a long time until last year.
Speaker 2: That has one, and I'm jealous.
Speaker 3: But your teeth are perfectly stroked.
Speaker 2: Well, I am getting a teeny little gap on my in my front teeth as of when it's something that my retainer would keep closed. Okay, and I still have my retainer. It has so long, like ten years. I could put it in and like I could put it in tonight and maybe take like five advil and be able to get through that. Yeah, but it would really hurt. It would hurt.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what I feel like.
Speaker 2: I'd be afraid I couldn't get it out.
Speaker 3: I don't know. No, your teeth are in a perfect spot now. I feel like they're not going to move anymore. No, they look fantastic. Yeah, last year I thought, you know, the permanent retainer had been part of my experience for over a decade. It was like, let's get rid of this.
Speaker 2: My sister says I when she got her little permanent retainer, I said, when will they take that off? And she goes, the pry it off my cold dead body. The archaeologist will find it exactly. That's what I was afraid. I feel like she was like eleven when she said that, and it really killed me. It was really funny. She remains funny.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's not for me. They won't find that in my scout.
Speaker 2: But also I got to say a little, a little or a lot of like teeth crookedness is so cute.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think you want a little carricter.
Speaker 2: What are we doing here.
Speaker 3: We don't need a fully deranged mouth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, like, although I should get a couple of deranged mouths that I wouldn't mind getting in. Yeah. I feel like character is really all that Matt totally and flossing and brushing. Yes, the hygiene and character be clean.
Speaker 3: But baby, yeah, have a snaggle tooth.
Speaker 2: Go fill it.
Speaker 3: Orbit and sticks you like a spearman. I also love a factory.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I guess here's what I was ready for it. I love a minty, wintery smell in the winter. I love a citrusy smell in the summer. That makes perfect sense.
Speaker 3: I was talking to Anally's prior to the podcast because we were drinking some lacroix, and Oaly's told me that their favorite winter Lacroix flavor is coconut wait.
Speaker 2: Winter, Okay, no, no, no, I don't I don't disagree. You don't like coconut or you're saying for winter.
Speaker 3: I found it fascinating. I thought it was a very interesting like curling up by the fire with a coconut lacourie doesn't quite make sense.
Speaker 2: I'm with you, But which one makes more sense?
Speaker 3: None of them?
Speaker 2: Yeah? So yeah, stain away from lacray in the winter here in Los Angeles.
Speaker 3: I mean, I will say, an early winter morning with a pomegranate flo or not pomegranate grapefruit flavor makes sense?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but isn't grapefruit also? Okay? An early morning winterry. Hold on, we're drinking Lacroix in the morning.
Speaker 3: That's describing as someone who's losing their Yeah.
Speaker 2: Wake up, Papa Lacroix. Are you my bacon and you got it? Are you? Are you a coffee? A coffee? I'm a huge.
Speaker 3: Coffee me too? Are you coffee? First thing in the morning?
Speaker 2: The second I opened my sort of coffee? Uh, hot coffee, coffee hot. I could do hot coffee all day, even on a hot day. Wow. Now, I do love a nice coffee, but I tend to gravitate towards hot coffee.
Speaker 3: Do you have do you have cold coffee available in the morning?
Speaker 2: Uh? No, I'd have to go get you have to go, yeah, or I'd have to fucking put in Sorry, Sorry, I'm sorry, sorry, just just absolutely saying fuck for no reason.
Speaker 3: Just podcast for some reason is rated explicit, which I find very funny.
Speaker 2: That is funny, just the option. But I mean, I don't mind swearing, and I don't and I think I've sworn a time or two today. But I didn't mean to say it there, I fully unnecessary.
Speaker 3: The listener is wagging their fingers.
Speaker 2: They go no, no, no, none. On my watch, he's just kind of backing away more than about away. We don't want this person as a spokesman. But American libraries are like color intrigued.
Speaker 3: Yes, coffee in the morning. You're a hot coffee drinker. I'm a cold coffee drinker.
Speaker 2: You might have to have it, Okay, So how do you do a cold coffee? Do you buy cold brew? No? I make cold brew you once a week. Cute.
Speaker 3: It's a whole toddy system. Taught myself to use it. It's incredible, amazing. It's changed my life in one way, yeah, not in multiple maybe.
Speaker 2: But also like I would say, like having a thing like that changes, Like it's not just that you're drinking good coffee that you love in the morning, it's that like once a week, it's a little bit of I don't know, like I was about to say, like God, but it's a little bit of what is it? It's like having like a routine and a ritual, you know, like this is my time to do this thing. Didn't you find so many of those over like the early pandemic.
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: I basically found that, Yeah, making baking, making, Yeah, it feels so many little things. Making soup like a big thing I got into over the pandemic was like calm posting. I would spend so much of my time breaking food down, like.
Speaker 3: Had you done it prior to never barely knew what it was? Now you're addicted.
Speaker 2: Now now I'm addicted. And although some of the composted soil that we've used, maybe I didn't compost it enough because a tomato plant grown out, like I just had like a regular old house plant, and I put in some of the compost soil on top and then a tomato plant and killed the plant. Yeah, took over. But now we have one little tiny tomato growing and that's kind of.
Speaker 3: Rat That's fantastic, And what what a hopeful message. I know, but anything can grow out of garbage, that's right.
Speaker 2: Whoa take that? Take that? If you take anything from this podcast. If you take anything for the last two and a half years, anything can grow. I think there's something there.
Speaker 3: Anything can grow from trash. I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't need that. I'm not I'm like, what does that mean? But I like it.
Speaker 3: That feels like something that could at least go on a wall, a pillow or something. And as long as you don't give it a second thought, you're like, that's right. Yeah, I feel like there's an Instagram graphic for sure, one of those like pseudo you know, therapy instagram things is going to have that all over there.
Speaker 2: And then like one of those Instagrams that you follow and unfollow immediately, like after a week you're like, no, no, no, no, I don't want this. It was I don't want this exactly exactly.
Speaker 3: Okay, more, Okay, let's we've got to reach back in because there are multiple okay, uh oh, there's an ice sleeping mask. I will say there have been guests on this podcast before who have brought a bag full of items multiple times. Uh usually complete trash. Uh well, actually sometimes trash, sometimes not. This is probably the nicest version of b I didn't want to anything bad.
Speaker 2: I didn't want to give you anything bad. I just I just wanted to give you things I don't want. Okay, this is an avocado ie mask, so it's like probably I cream that you sleep in.
Speaker 3: Do you have any idea if it's like the kind of TV mom green?
Speaker 2: Oh I hope it is. I do. I really hope it is. There's something it's. Yeah, I'm not even going to tell you. This would give away the product if I told you too much about it.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, we don't want to do. I mean, I've already done a keyword on the insights. So but I will say that it brightens. Yeah, it brightens. Uh, it has written all It's gonna be great. H people scream about all.
Speaker 2: I try about it. I love it.
Speaker 3: Have you ever had an off one of those full avocado masks?
Speaker 2: Probably when I was I think when I was like, you know, a teenager, I was. My sisters and I were really into like put an egg in your hair or like yeah yeah, make your own honey mask or whatever, and you would do it like one time, and you'd be like this, you did that work for not of that of results. So I need to go to CVS and buy a thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I don't I wonder if we ever came to a conclusion as a society whether that did anything.
Speaker 2: I know, just smushing up and off. I feel like, for sure, if you, oh god, no, I want to do it. I think it's like avocado and honey and this and that, like you make a little recipe right and smush it on your face.
Speaker 3: But it sounds that truly does. And this isn't a joke to me. Sound delicious, I know, I know. It sounds like I'm just get to a point where'm like, why am I I want to I don't cook? Why am I making a thing for my face?
Speaker 2: Yeah? When you could buy or when you could have a podcast and ask people to bring you there.
Speaker 3: Wow, this is fascinating. I'm very excited to give this a try. I hope I don't break out. Oh god, well, just I guess. Also, here's a little like here looks nice.
Speaker 2: I don't feel like it's gonna happen. Really, honestly, I'm giving you only good things. I'm giving you good things because here's a little secret about actresses. Are you ready for this? You're gonna hate it. You're gonna hate it. Listeners at home, We're gonna hate it, we get a lot of free ship. And the thing is it's not fair because there was so long that I was struggling. It was so much really wanted this stuff, And now the problem is that, like, it's not even that I don't want this avocado I'm ask it's that I have too many things like it and I'm never going to get to right.
Speaker 3: So you take a library items and I.
Speaker 2: Know, I hear what's happening right now? I'm it because I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't the entertainment industry at large. What are we talking about with these gift bags they're giving away?
Speaker 2: It's not right.
Speaker 3: Someone's got to create some sort of charity that funnels all of that.
Speaker 2: I bet there is, But I will tell you that I've been to like gift baggy type of places where I should shut up.
Speaker 3: You've been You've been to epstein Elands?
Speaker 2: Yeah, my god, where they kind of track stuff. So you want to give it to your sisters, your friends, your Oh no, were they kind of track stuff? That's kind of scary? Isn't that a bummer? Well?
Speaker 3: You drove here today in a car with a giant bar code. I thought, what's happening?
Speaker 2: So but none they're not going to track any of this stuff. But anyway, I I don't like to hoard things. I like to I really have a well it's not a problem, but I really have to use things, so I don't I would if I like, I don't want to use something and then throw it away like a lot right now, girls with their makeup, Honey, they're not using it down to the last drop. You got to use it down to the last.
Speaker 3: Drop, right, And you know you're what works for you, know what works for you. You're not ready to experiment unless you were like a eleven years old eleven You've known for.
Speaker 2: Years for you and every once in a while it's nice to try a new avocado. I'm ask but I'm good.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's let's I mean, we do have so many items and this could be a record breaking episode. Sorry, Okay, we're reaching in again.
Speaker 2: What is okay? So this I think this is a detoxifying sh shampoo.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh so, I've on recent episodes have talked about shampooing and how I kind of stopped champoo.
Speaker 2: Maybe this is the perfect product for like a once a.
Speaker 3: Month exactly because I was playing around with something called what I've now committed to memory because a lot of listeners wrote in screaming it's called co washing.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, do you know what this is?
Speaker 3: No where you're only washing your hair with conditioner and only on occasion.
Speaker 2: So washing your hair with conditioner, conditioning your hair, conditioning your hair of shampoo is never part of the equation. Condition your hair shampoo is never I think that.
Speaker 3: Really the goal from what I can tell from everything I over the trends over the last twelve years, it's it's like, just have the greasiest hair.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing, listeners, I know you've seen pictures. His hair is fantastic. Oh god, gorgeous. Hair is gorgeous. And I'm not so close to you. But as long as you don't smell bad, you're good.
Speaker 3: I don't know, but you do. I really smelling is a big concern.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I can tell showering once a day. I used to shower twice a day, which seemed unhealthy. It doesn't. It's unnecessary, fully what you gotta do, but.
Speaker 3: I mean sometimes to day. I mean here depends on the situa. Yeah, I do like a nighttime shower so relaxed. Yeah, but you have to have you got to have a long period before you go to bed.
Speaker 2: Right, Oh, because you can't go to bed with wet hair. I'm not going to bed hair. I do. I do, I absolutely do sometimes just to see what it looks like when you wake up. That's fun, that's just fun.
Speaker 3: I need at least an hour and a half between shower and sleepy time.
Speaker 2: Sometimes I hit the bed with wet hair, and if I do that, it's brushed and it's probably in pigtails or a break.
Speaker 3: Oh that's very sweet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm really cute.
Speaker 3: And then your bed is just mildeucy.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's true. That's true. That's true. Kind of a yeah for sure. Like halfway through the night, I'm flipping the pillow over because it's just soaking wet.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I never really thought about that one. Yep.
Speaker 3: I this looks like an this looks like a shampoo experiment.
Speaker 2: Maybe and maybe again it's a maybe that's like a once a month or one month, once a quarter, bi monthly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like maybe once a month. I'm conditioning.
Speaker 2: And then okay, hold hold, hold, hold hold. And by the way, I'm not judging any of this right because I know that I know we have over washed and conditioned our hair for you.
Speaker 3: We've done it too much. It's the nineties, did a lot our hair.
Speaker 2: But so I was thinking you conditioned every time. So you're getting in a shower or wetting your hair.
Speaker 3: Wedding, absolutely webbing, running like a comb through. Okay, I have like a plastic thing in the shower just because I have pretty thick hair. But the actual act of any sort of chemical or anything hitting my hair is probably once every two to three weeks.
Speaker 2: I wonder, what would you know, Like we were talking about avocado on the face, Like, I wonder if there's like a household product. I don't even know what it would be, like an egg, an avocado that you can just like smooth on through your hair, just to see what the hell would happen.
Speaker 3: I feel like people talk about vinegar. Vinegar could be wrong, and that feels like it would dry you out. I don't think anyone knows what's happening with maybe butter shortening, buttersch but.
Speaker 2: This, yeah, maybe I don't know. I don't want you to like mess up the what's the word like alchemy?
Speaker 3: Alchemy I feel like is turning something into gold, which I mean I feel like it should be the name of a shampoo or something.
Speaker 2: Why did I say alchemy and maybe I meant chemistry chemistry. I feel like chemistry is kind of the chemical balance. No, let's say alchemy. I don't want you turning your hair into gold, because if you wash with this shampoo and then you come out with a head full of gold, that's on me.
Speaker 3: Kind of Midas touch. Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's another name for a shampoo. Minas to shampoo companies reach out. I'm ready to market.
Speaker 2: I got a name for a shampoo, Aces Wild. Would you buy at the hard Pee Queen's Wild.
Speaker 3: Queen's Wand I feel like Ace Hardware needs to get into the hair characters. What are they doing a little on in the back of the store, something for everyone. The atmosphere is there, it's almost a spy atmosphere. Again, not paid promotion. I just I've been there one time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, it's a great place. Okay, So clarifying, this might be the absolute perfect thing for you. Eucalyptus essential oil. This is you're using this once a month, once a year. I don't I don't know, but you're you're using it, You're loving it, You're so glad it smells. I'm going to try to smell it real quick. Care opening it up. This is honestly, it's used to shampoo in a bottle like this, and it's like it's very small.
Speaker 3: It's like you only need a dam.
Speaker 2: It might be fun to google how much these things were and then we can add it up and maybe it's good, it's not overwhelming. I think it'd be fun to figure out who what guest is giving you the most?
Speaker 3: Price's right style.
Speaker 2: After we've opened all of these, I'm going to do some sort of estimate and then I think I will tally it up with your permission, please, on no other occasion.
Speaker 3: What I when I look up gift prices.
Speaker 2: Because keep in mind, I didn't buy any accent to you.
Speaker 3: So I will look up the prices and then on Instagram tell the final total. Okay, and we'll see what it's. This is as close as i'll get to prices.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: Great. I think this is great with kind of don't count yourself so you might be on that show one of these days.
Speaker 3: Oh I guess I should believe it. Yeah, life is long, Drew, Carey, reach reach out. It's sick that you haven't already reached out. Yeah, this is kind of a Goop style. Price is right, so Goop? Okay, so we're reaching back in. Oh, a beautiful bar soap.
Speaker 2: Just a bar so When was the last time I used a bar soap? It's I've got a gel, you've got a jel, but you are do you use a gel? I ate a showery?
Speaker 3: But every one, it's nice to go back to basics. To go back to basics with a bar of soap. There's something so underrated about agree rubbing that in between your hands, lathering it up.
Speaker 2: It's going to bring you somewhere. It's going to bring you back in time. It's gonna like it's they're kind of having jail prison slips out of your hand. I mean, it's fun when the soap slips. Oh, it's so fun.
Speaker 3: And it looks nice.
Speaker 2: It looks nice. Yeah, it's and wait, let's see this says bar soap energizing multipurpose. I mean this could be in the shower. I guess it could be like on a little next to your saying that a.
Speaker 3: Bar soap next to the sun.
Speaker 2: I don't love it.
Speaker 3: I don't think anyone likes that. No one trusts that.
Speaker 2: You know. The nice thing about a bar soap in the shower is like you can wash it off before you like, there's something unhygienic about.
Speaker 3: Sitting there in its own filth in the shower. You know it belongs to one person exact every not all pause.
Speaker 2: Not all pause. Maybe maybe two people are using it to right, that's fine.
Speaker 3: Well, let's I mean, depends on your romantic situation. Maybe there are hundreds. And then I go back to the same problem.
Speaker 2: That's right. Although if it's a romantic situation, you've done more than just soap to each other.
Speaker 3: True, and if you've got you know, also everyone should have there, Maybe it's time for you to buckle down.
Speaker 2: Everybody. They're on bar of soap.
Speaker 3: That's right, little soap library.
Speaker 2: Wow. Depending on that's how you that's how you sort of prove where you're at with this person. Is I got you your own soap. They're like, yeah, thanks, I guess I could have just used ours. They're like, I'm more of a I'm more of a body wash guy. But okay, and.
Speaker 3: Let's be honest, this has got peppermint in it, so you're really giving.
Speaker 2: Up some gold too. Shit, I want to back.
Speaker 3: It smells it, but it's not overwhelming. It doesn't sound like it's gonna burn. Although I do love a peppermint oil.
Speaker 2: I do too.
Speaker 3: The slight burn of a peppermint oil feels like something's being eradicate.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you one thing. I used to work at a what are they called nail salon? Okay, okay, what did you do with the nail sep? I was the front desk girl.
Speaker 3: Okay, you weren't the nail tech.
Speaker 2: I wasn't the nail tech. I worship them artal artists. Yeah. My little sister and I both worked at She was in high school, I was in college. It was like a summer that I was home and we had like a peppermint scrub option. And I guess I'll admit that I took a bunch of at home. Did not buy it, but I took it.
Speaker 3: You're not getting that job, but yeah, I know, I know, I like, you know.
Speaker 2: Probably put it in like a tupperwareing. I absolutely took a bunch of at home. And this is like how I know karma is real. I used it. It's just for like in the salon. They just used it on the women's feet. Right, and and their they're calves. And this was I put it all over my body and I hospital I had. I thought I was going to have to go to the hospital. I literally thought I was going to have to go to the hospital. I thought I was like burning my inside's life. No, granted, you understand, I didn't like scrub inside.
Speaker 3: Of it, which doesn't take it.
Speaker 2: It doesn't take that powerful The oil or whatever it is, it gets wherever it wants to get.
Speaker 3: Sounds like we're talking about industrial grade. Do you brush it from the pros? Yeah, exactness wasn't something I learned a lesson. I really learned a lesson.
Speaker 2: I Uh. It took a really long time for the sensation to go away. It was really terrible.
Speaker 3: Dragged yourself across the bathroom floor to the phone nine one one. I have peppermin oil.
Speaker 2: All over my poor brother was the only person home, and I ran out in a towel, and I was like, I don't know what is happening.
Speaker 3: How long did it take for that sensation to go away?
Speaker 2: It feels in my memories like thirty minutes. I was like, what do I do? Do I bathe in milk? Like? Do I need to make a oatmeal bath. What do I need? I need to go to the hospital. It's scary. It was really scary. Yeah, and you don't know if it's going to escalate exactly. Oh, I thank you for knowing. It was not the only time you've stolen from an employer. No, no, no, no, no, no, no no no. I've done this so many times. I don't know what I should admit to. Because there was a while where I was like a temp right in a long time where I was a temp in New York, and I would sort of think, like part of the payment is I can just take whatever the hell I want. I'm not buying paper.
Speaker 3: Clips, right, yeah, Oh yeah, I've worked in office atmospheres. Whro I'm like, We've got i mean, truck folds of this coming in. Yeahbody's going to notice if I'm stalking up at home.
Speaker 2: And it kind of felt right, It felt a little bit like I'm being underpaid, I'm being overworked, my boss is an asshole, whatever, whatever, whatever the day is. And it felt a little bit like I'm taking I'm taking this from me, I'm taking one from me, I'm taking one for me.
Speaker 3: Whatever that I'm making you a better employee for sure. Yeah, yeah, you have to worry about those things.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I just remember there was a while where I was really taking a lot of diet coke home.
Speaker 3: Oh of course, yeah, of course when I had.
Speaker 2: My diet coke problem, which was only die coke problem means I had to a day, but I had to a day for a good a good long while.
Speaker 3: And were you taking like one can home a night or how did that work?
Speaker 2: I guess you did say. I was taking probably like four, okay.
Speaker 3: And just dropping them in your bag.
Speaker 2: Dropping in my bag, having Jason and I would each have one for dinner. And you need to know I had zero dollars in my bank account. I understand, you know what I mean. I felt like it was part of the payment. I get my little paycheck at the end of the week. And I also took home twenty diet cokes.
Speaker 3: A job when I first moved to LA where I had no money, and my coworker would do the grocery shopping for the office and he'd say, what can I get you? And I would say, please buy an entire box of breakfast Bods. I just put them in my car before you even bring them into the.
Speaker 2: Office, and would they of course? Right. Now, here's the like when it comes to stealing from work, the difference. I guess, Okay, this is what I remember. If I worked in an office and it was a rough job with rough people, I would feel great about justified. If I also worked as a nanny and that was a different situation.
Speaker 3: Right where they kind of trust you almost as a family.
Speaker 2: Yes, it was like it was almost like not even it was It didn't even like enter my head. It wasn't like I'm going to take home their box of cereals. Oh it's also their home, right, I guess it's more like a more personal space. It just felt like I felt justified and taking from like a big, fancy office.
Speaker 3: Of course, the money's there. Were you ever wrong to nanny?
Speaker 2: Not really? Yeah, probably really good experience as nanny nannying, But yeah, was I wronged as a nanny? Probably? Yeah, Because part of nannying when I was in nanny for ten years in New York is I would try to nanny for as many families as possible, right, so that nobody would count on me, Oh, so that I could still audition and whatever I needed to do. So if I just nanny for one family, it would be like I would be there, live in nanny or you know whatever. I would be their day to day nanny. But if I nannied for fifteen families, then I could sort of like make my own schedule.
Speaker 3: Right, almost like an aggressive babysitter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, exactly. It was great. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I imagine a lot of nanny's have been wronged. Yeah, but stealing from work I support unless it's like you know, mom and Pop's exact situation.
Speaker 2: If it's a big company, go for it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm very proud of people stealing from big companies.
Speaker 2: Do it.
Speaker 3: Okay, we've got to keep going. I don't even know how I got to stealing from your employer.
Speaker 2: But speaking of stealing from big companies, Oh no, I don't know how. Don't mean you know.
Speaker 3: Oh, this looks like a candle. Yeah, and I imagine it is the the the label has been completely stickered.
Speaker 2: Because I think it's I think this is like a nice little sweet. Okay, I'm smelling it. I'm smelling. I mind myself what it is. Don't tell me it's not. Should I try to guess what this is. It's not like a it's a great scent. I just know it would give me a headache.
Speaker 3: It feels like a combo of things. So I don't know that I'm gonna be able to see ruin dandy Lion.
Speaker 2: That that smell that we all know and love dandy Lion, is it saying what it is she's smelling. It's a good smell. It's just I can't there's I think there's like an essential oil thing for me that like gives me a headache or I don't. I don't know, babe, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Top notes of dandy Lion.
Speaker 2: Absolutely dandy lion.
Speaker 3: There's something else. And then you smell the wax and that.
Speaker 2: I feel like maybe dandy Lion is actually like a plant that doesn't have a smell at all.
Speaker 3: Is it a yellow essentially a yellow weed? I don't think it has a smell. Well, let's not count out that just yet. Okay, I think this is okay, this is everything, So you can't. It sounds like from what we can tell, the only smell you like is spearmint. But you've given me a variety of things here that smell that I find very lovely.
Speaker 2: I hope you do.
Speaker 3: And I mean I'm trying to think of smells that I don't like, poo poo, corpse. No, I feel like I'm pretty okay with most smells outside of old fish.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I have bought, I bought, I have bought candles. Is that correct?
Speaker 3: I have bought, I have purchased.
Speaker 2: I have candles or soap smells that I think are going to be great, and there's just something about them that give me a headache. I think I'm pretty sensy when it comes to smell.
Speaker 3: Right, Smells can lead to a migraine, yeah, And do you get migraines?
Speaker 2: No? But there was a there was a while where Sarah Goldberg, who play an actress who plays Sally on the Great HBO show Barry Check it Out. She was a big essential oil girl and she would like always be dabbing damn essential oils all over her like head and wrists, and it would be like this one will wake me up and this one will focus me in this And I was like, I love you and I love this and I'm going to be an essential oil girl. And I got some essential oils and they they didn't give me a migraine, but they would like turn my stomach. They would like give me a headache and nausea, and I would. I tried them too many times.
Speaker 3: I watched the whole documentary on essential oils, and there's it's a scam.
Speaker 2: But it's a scam. But okay, the scam part of it. And I didn't watch this documentary, so I don't know. But the scam is that they heal you, right, right, they do things I think they do.
Speaker 3: I mean, at the very least, they smell. The scam is not that they smell.
Speaker 2: They don't smell. That's a scam. You're being scammed into thinking they have a smell. There's millions American scam. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean, like I feel like there's the uhu.
Speaker 2: It was health it'll heal, yeah, right, not healing it.
Speaker 3: But no, these lavender fields or one of them, they smell lovely. Yeah, but beyond that, let's be honest. It's a little flim flam, a little being sold out of the back of a wagon that kind.
Speaker 2: Of essential oil stuff into a bath one time and I again, and I absolutely my fucking skin And there I go with the f again. I'm not gonna apologize for that one. I got out of the bath like a rash and then I realized, okay, so the smell the essential oil. I'm getting out of the essential oil game. No smells, no body like, just it's not right for me.
Speaker 3: What sort of oils do you remember? These essential oils and that lavender?
Speaker 1: I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 2: In a little bottle, I went think, think, thing, thing, thing.
Speaker 3: Do you have allergies?
Speaker 2: I guess maybe essential oil just a category percocet.
Speaker 3: If you must know it makes you allergic to it. I mean that's kind of a blessing. I would say, why because you're not going to get addicted.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, wait is that the right one? Yeah, it's like what you would they maybe give it to you after like a surgery, right right?
Speaker 3: I feel like the one time I had a powerful painkiller like that was after I got my wisdom teeth from m had Laura tab.
Speaker 2: And how was it great?
Speaker 3: Horrible, horrible nausea vomiting. So you're allergic to that, I guess.
Speaker 2: So when you go to the doctors and they say do you have any allergies? I hope you say Laura mar because I.
Speaker 3: Don't want to go through the list. I say nope.
Speaker 2: But now I'm bringing up this memory. I'm like, oh, maybe I should look out for that one. I always to say percoset, no, percoset.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, oh yeah, I need to guess the amount of this.
Speaker 2: Oh, okakay, I'm going to guess too.
Speaker 3: We have the soap, the eyemask, the incense sticks, the candle, the crystal dog drinker, and the toxic fying shampoos. Should we throw the bag in because.
Speaker 2: The feels nice? The bag is nice. The bag is nice.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say, if I were to go to one of our local boutiques and purchased all of these items, I would probably be spending two hundred and forty five dollars.
Speaker 2: I was going to say two hundred dollars. I think two forty five is a really good guess.
Speaker 3: On at least do you have a guess? So we're in the two hundred range. This is a at least a two hundred dollars value.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and what was Tony Haile's like, probably ten dollars for all that rope?
Speaker 3: I mean, go to the store and buy me something you've homemade.
Speaker 2: What are we talking? That was pretty incredible? Isn't that amazing? I mean what I was touched by that that I just made that for you. That was really part of gold.
Speaker 3: I mean, the man's an angel and also a craftsman, yeah, which I've got. I can't make a single thing with my hands. It's embarrassing.
Speaker 2: I'm about to work with him on something, and if he doesn't make me one of those bulls, I'm not going to say anything. I'm not putting it out there. Yeah no, I'm not going to say anything to him. And maybe he'll listen to this in here, but but if he doesn't, I'm not going to say anything like, oh I saw that bowl that you made, or I hear that you makes.
Speaker 3: Now you can't just going to wait? Yeah until that as you do it publicly on a podcast, absolutely fine, it's just us. This will not rest that public.
Speaker 2: But if I get to the day I wrap and I don't have one of those balls in my trailer, I'm gonna throw a shit fit.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, it sounds like he's onto bigger projects, so you might end up with like a pair of pants made of rope or something. It seems like he's kind of grown tired of the bowls. I mean, God knows what you're gonna get. Yeah, a full suit. Did they make a rope suit? Then Tony career chapter change. Okay, we've got we've guessed the price. I will actually do the calculations, state announce on the internet at some point how much this actually costs, and we'll hopefully we're not humiliating. Yeah. Really, that would be so embarrassing for all three of us, and the network and every the listener would be embarrassed as well.
Speaker 2: At the very least, it's one hundred. At least.
Speaker 3: Oh, if this isn't a hundred dollars, this is garb.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 3: I agree these items look expensive if.
Speaker 2: I think, like especially I'm pointing to the shampoo and I feel like this.
Speaker 3: A shampoo in this and I'll say it's like a small like lotion sized bottles. It's not one you're paying.
Speaker 2: It's not of Yeah, and I feel like that bag, yeah, bag alone is forty. The crystal dog thing is it is a big question mark because I feel like it's so unnecessary. It could be five dollars or one hundred.
Speaker 3: There's no way that item is going for five dollars because you're a pretty category of pet owner that would willing to just truly what would create an enormous amount of debt for most pet owners.
Speaker 2: Okay, Black Obsidian is a blackcity. Okay, that's what's happening in the crystal in there. The crystal alone probably in LA would probably cost fifty dollars exactly. And then we've got a contraption. Yeah, break that crystal out and oh I can't wait? Whatever?
Speaker 3: Do what to do?
Speaker 2: These are yours now, this is to us to regift whatever you whatever you want.
Speaker 3: This is the prices right now.
Speaker 2: So basically they're out of my hands. This is exactly what I wanted.
Speaker 3: These are going to improve my life in a way that I'm going to leap frog you. I'm going to run the entertainment business after using this small bag of gifts time to play game.
Speaker 2: Whoop.
Speaker 3: We're gonna play a game called Gift you a Curse, Gift you a Curse. I need a number between one and ten for four. Okay, I have to do the lightest calculating right now. You can promote something, recommend something, to do whatever you want to.
Speaker 2: I'll be right by. Okay. I will use my time to promote a show that I love called Love on the Spectrum. Has anyone watched it? Out there? It's so lovely and sweet. It's on Netflix. I worried it was going to be what's the word exploit exploitative, exploitative or off in some way like the producers were going to be bad or whatever. It's not. It's lovely, it's wonderful. It truly moves me and makes me see the world in a different way. I love it so much. I just watched the third season the other night, and I really, I really am, like every time I watch one of those seasons, I'm like a different person afterwards.
Speaker 3: Such a lovely show you've watched, and fun and everybody on it's so great, so wonderful.
Speaker 2: I'm crying, I'm laughing, I'm ala.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a fantastic And I've just started season two and the word exploitative is maybe one of the most difficult. We've got to just find a different word because it's to stumble in the middle there. I don't know that anyone can just.
Speaker 2: Doesn't It should be exploitive.
Speaker 3: Is it exploitive?
Speaker 2: I think it might be. Wait then, where do I get the tutive? Is that?
Speaker 1: Is that one?
Speaker 3: Is that weird words? It's just become its own word, or I mean I'm right at my computer here, I can just we've all we all jump at our devices.
Speaker 2: Exploitive, exploitive, exploitative.
Speaker 3: Exploitative is a word, and that is the word we're looking. And I don't know that exploitive is a word. I think exploitive is kind of the Yeah, exploitative, you say it, Well, I really I'm.
Speaker 2: Looking at rough draft. Okay, exploitative. Well we did it.
Speaker 3: Okay, this is gift or a curse. I'm going to name three things. You're going to tell me if there are a gift or a curse? And why there are right answers are wrong?
Speaker 2: Answer?
Speaker 3: No, have lost people have one. People have done average jobs, so just be careful. Number one, this is a listener suggestion from someone named Jesse. Jesse suggested gift her a curse breakfast in bed.
Speaker 2: Hi Jesse, First of all, thank you for your statement suggestion. Okay, to me, it's a curse. I absolutely love breakfast so much. Don't miss it. I don't miss it is what I meant by that, I don't skip it.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 2: It's the obvious thing. It's the crumbs in bed. It's the like you're not sitting correctly. You're what are your legs folded?
Speaker 3: Where?
Speaker 2: What are you doing? Like? This is not you are not comfortable. It's totally a novelty. It's the thing of you don't want it. You don't actually want it, you think you want it. There are ways to do this without doing breakfast in bed on the couch is fine. You can still be cozy. You don't have to like be at the dinner table, but you're not doing it in bed. Don't do it in bed. You will wish you didn't. Your butt's gonna be too low, you're gonna be sitting crisscross, Damn apple sauce, you're spilling your coffee. It's think about it for ten seconds and you know that it's it's a a curse. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was like, pass, You're absolutely right.
Speaker 1: Yay.
Speaker 3: The only situation where this is appropriate is the hospital.
Speaker 2: Yes, exactly why And that's a you don't like you want to get out of there as soon as possible.
Speaker 3: I don't understand how this thing rose in popularity. It doesn't every time. I mean, it's never actually happened to me, thank god, but it's one of the I feel like it was basically made.
Speaker 2: For like moms. And dads on commercials on commercials. Yeah, it's basically Mother's day, Father's Day and like post sex in a in a in a in a movie. Right yeah, but like I made you breakfast in bed? Why is it either just post sex or Mother's Day or Father's Day. It's either like a hot guy being like I made you breakfast in bed, or like a little kid. It's a damn pass or it is a curse. It's an absolute curse. If you think anything different, you're wrong.
Speaker 3: You're wrong, and you haven't tried it. You're an absolute pervert. That's you need to be put on some sort of perversion list. And uh, Jesse, I hope that you were also on our side for this. Okay, so excellent job with that one. Number two gif to a curse becoming a prisoner in your own home.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is a tough one because I guess there's a few ways of looking at it. Becoming a prisoner in your own home. Okay, So if this, like, if it's becoming a prisoner in jail or in your own home, the gift.
Speaker 3: Is if it's the option between right two.
Speaker 2: If it's being a free person walking the streets or becoming a prisoner in your own home. It's a curse. Do you unders saying what I'm saying? It depends on how you break you out. Well, we're just talking about I said a string of words. You've got to nail it down. Becoming a prisoner in your own home. There's no comma, there's no colon, there's no dot dot dot, there's no dash.
Speaker 3: It's just you re emerged to society after ten years and say I was a prisoner in my own home.
Speaker 2: That's a curse. It's much better to be a free person walking the streets. That's the options you gave me, doll.
Speaker 3: Darcy round.
Speaker 2: No, who gets I mean, how often do you get the opportunity to becoming We've had it for the last two and a half years. We've been there.
Speaker 3: We've been there an exception. This, what what we've just been through was not we were not prisoners in our own homes. Becoming a prisoner in your own home, I think is a very specific type of drama, like Rapunzel kind of azel situation. Maybe you were, uh, couldn't stop watching your favorite TV show and so you became a prisoner to the TV.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, it's something that.
Speaker 3: Like, you throw that out in conversation. I was a prisoner in my own home. Everyone in the room's looking at you. You've been through it.
Speaker 2: You have attention on you.
Speaker 3: I mean, if you're somebody, if you're an attention seeker, I can give you one hint. Become a prisoner in your own home. Okay, that's great for between five days and a long years.
Speaker 2: Okay, five days in a long year.
Speaker 3: I think before five days, it's just like, oh, you were sick.
Speaker 2: You were sick, you had COVID.
Speaker 3: Yeah, laid out for a few days. After five days, you become a prisoner in your own home, and you have something to talk about. Nothing ever has to happen to you again. You have a conversation topic for years.
Speaker 2: I mean, are you okay? Okay, you just hang out at home. Yeah, it was great.
Speaker 3: Courses kind of forced you into your own home and you you were trapped. But on the bright side, you didn't have to make plans.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's true. Okay, we're gonna agree to disagree on this one.
Speaker 3: But I love that for you certainly, not a matter of opinion. Uh okay, well, let's see if you can turn it around here. This listener wrote in without a name, So listener, yeah, the fact that you're not getting credit is your problem. But listener wrote in and said, gift he a curse, throw the ax date night. So one of these things we go and throw axes for a date.
Speaker 2: Is that this? Did this person say that in such a weird way? Or do I just not know what?
Speaker 3: I mean?
Speaker 2: What does it say they.
Speaker 3: Throw the axe, throw the date night? Just one string of words?
Speaker 2: Is there a place called throw the axe? I actually that's interesting because the T and the are capital okay, so that must be a place.
Speaker 3: Might be like a chain of places are called throw the axe.
Speaker 2: It's like this is as if they're saying, go to the move no, no, no, like cinemark like.
Speaker 3: Like date yeah yeah yeah yeah, or why don't we do a mark.
Speaker 2: Date garden date night? Like I think that's what they're running at. That makes sense. I think I think, yes, I'm I'm I think this is a gift. Okay. I think it's fun to mix up a date night when you do like a like a batting cage's date night or a cinema date night, or throw the act date night. You always go you know what this was actually really fun, and you don't want to do it again. I thought I was gonna, yeah, I think this. Yeah, exactly one of you is gonna say, you know what, I didn't actually want to do this, but I'm really glad we did. I just wanted to do our usual thing. But you really brought it this night, had something this particular right, And for that, you're gonna get it whatever that means to you. Huh, maybe more.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: I don't know where you're at with your person, but but I do think it's fun in new relationships and old to mix it up and also a little bit of not compromise. But if your partner is wanting to throw the act date night m hm, you might want to just try it. It might not be for you, but it's going to be a gift as long as no one gets killed, as long as no one gets axed in the damn head. It's going to be a gift to your relationship. Oh maybe shared before you say this. It might be a ship. You might both hate it, and even that's a gift to the relationship as long as you're in it together. A new experience that you're in together, you're you're you're communicating, you're experiencing, You're you're on the same team about that's a damn gift, babe, prove me wrong. Curse. Okay, go ahead.
Speaker 3: I haven't thrown the ax. I've never been on a throw the ax date night. But I'm I'm truly just getting comfortable with bowling the idea of going somewhere and they're allowing me to throw the axe, and like we're looking at like what, No, don't take me on the date night to throw the ax.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: I think you're wrong. I think you're wrong.
Speaker 3: I want nothing to do with this. This is a trend we're going to look back on in ten years and remember throw the ax. Remember throw the axe, and now they're all cricket wireless. I don't think so. If throw the Ax is a company, my apologies I just have. I mean, look, if have you read the face of throwing.
Speaker 2: The exactly if we need to put a sticker over throw the axe.
Speaker 3: We know where to go throw the axe.
Speaker 2: Invite me in.
Speaker 3: I'll try throwing the axe and see if I want to be your spokes yeah yeah, or spokes model.
Speaker 2: I would have to be the spokes model live yeah, spokes model and throw the axe. You know, you know obviously who to come to, because I was very pro you from the beginning. There's no way you would go with him which loves to throw the ax. Is the opportunity, so we would actually be pretty good at it. I feel like, and I think that's actually have a good attitude. I go in and I'm you're already yeah, yeah, don't take me to the batting cages. I'll tell you that right now, I cannot hit a ball. Take me to the bat in cages immediately.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's terrifying to have the essentially a gun shooting, but you can.
Speaker 2: You can adjust the speed. Well, no speed of a mull.
Speaker 3: Applying at me is a great speed, all right, Well unless it's been rolled on the ground. And I have a like a croquete.
Speaker 2: Oh no, that sounds fun. Why don't they have croquete cage cage? That sounds great. Take me to the damn croquee pops it back at you and you just tap it back. That's a little bit like mini golf, ish larger mini golf, but mini golf. Just because we have many golf doesn't mean we can't have another thing. Okay, throw the axe. People, if you're listening, when the company an idea for you, come to I'll give you the address. The backyard is beautiful, there's two.
Speaker 3: This could be the area for the new croquete.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, I would. I would play. I would play croquete cages or whatever we want to call it. I think that sounds great. I would totally do that.
Speaker 3: I would love to be trapped in a croquete cage for date night.
Speaker 2: I would love to be a prisoner in my own croquete cage. Well you got one out of three. Okay, good, it's bad. So what happens to me?
Speaker 3: Uh? The listener is furious. Your family has been listening. They're like, she was already kind of lying about books, and now she gets to the game and just drops the ball. I mean, but you did nail it with breakfast in bed, I know, and there was no we love. Everyone loves to eat breakfast. People who don't eat breakfast, I don't know what's happening.
Speaker 2: You have breakfast this morning?
Speaker 3: Well, and I say, now, I'm just what you do. No, I ate breakfast, but it wasn't. It's usually my normal breakfast is very utilitary it's just a protein bar and coffee. But the so sorry, But like going out to a diner to have breakfast, that's all I think about. Yeah, what what is your normal morning?
Speaker 2: I do two scrambled eggs and like a half an avocado or some tomatoes. So beautiful down you. Yeah, yeah, it's too much work for me at that point. Now I'm really quick and good at it. It's my best thing. Maybe I should try literally never tried to make an egg in the morning. I'll make them in the afternoon or whatever. I was gonna say. Do you eat eggs? Oh? Yes, And do you scramble them or do you flip them around?
Speaker 1: All?
Speaker 3: I usually scramble and I still cannot flip the flip.
Speaker 2: I got the flip down. But I'm really good at eggs. I'm just good at eggs. I'm not good at a lot of things, bab, but I'm good at eggs, and I mean, yeah it is. I love an egg I made. I made two eggs for myself, two eggs for my husband, and one egg for my dog this morning.
Speaker 3: Oh, Mike, And there were a lot of eggs in your house.
Speaker 1: We do.
Speaker 2: I usually have like two or three cartons at any one time. It's cheap and healthy, so cheap. Yeah, okay, so I had, yeah, two eggs. I know you're trying to wrap up and I'm literally, what do you have?
Speaker 3: I opened to the breakfast box.
Speaker 2: So did you hear that? I went, don't cut me off the ice breakfast.
Speaker 3: Don't do not tempt me. I will sit here and talk to you about breakfast for three hours.
Speaker 2: Okay. So if you were to go to a diner, well, yes, you order, I would order.
Speaker 3: So I'm happy to say Clark Street Diner is a new diner in Los Angeles thing. I am obsessed.
Speaker 2: Great because there was a Clark Street near my home in Brooklyn. Oh you're kidding, No, Clark Street Diner. This this is a different Clark Street. Yeah, I was gonna say, were talking Brooklyn Heights, bab This is a.
Speaker 3: Different Clark Street. Opened as a bakery in Los Angele and now has expanded into the diner I have. It's the cafe. It used to be by the one O one there the listener loves Yeah in Los Angeles directions.
Speaker 2: If they live here, that.
Speaker 3: Diner clothes during the pandemic and now is a if you're planning a trip to Los Angeles. This is the place to go for breakfast. Okay, so it used to be there, used to be a cafe, one one, coffee shop.
Speaker 2: One. Oh. We're really excited to see what's popping out there.
Speaker 3: And it's like a diner. I go and I say, I want the diner breakfast. What comes with pancakes, hash Brown's eggs. I want it so bad delicious. I'm going to go there this weekend.
Speaker 2: You have to go. Where do you go for a breakfast? I like bright Spot, I like MILLI I love Millis. Yeah, I like you know, anything like that.
Speaker 3: That's a nice thing about breakfast. It's easy to make.
Speaker 2: And I would take a I mean I like a I would prefer like a diner breakfast to like a fancy breakfast. Do I have look cool with the cinemas like this? Do you want to move?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna scoot. I mean I could.
Speaker 3: Maybe it's time to start a podcast about breakfast because I could talk about this all day. Yeah, and I'll just I'm going to say two more. Why not go Glorias in Highland Park.
Speaker 2: Wait, Glorias.
Speaker 3: It's kind of a Mexican breakfast place. It's phenomenal.
Speaker 2: Homestate is also a great one. And Homestate I'm eating at constantly in a way that I think they want me to leave. Yeah, yeah, yeah, And you're doing mostly breakfast there or tacos. Yeah, and they've got great coffee. I watched my knees clovery to Homestate taco this morning. It was glorious. It was amazing. It was not Gloria's. It was glorious. Oh yeah, okay, oh, I was gonna recommend I know this is old hat at this point, but really just always order a pancake for the table, that's a French toaster or whatever, a.
Speaker 3: Good idea, and then you don't have to commit to the full pen.
Speaker 2: Because I don't ever. I almost never want like a gigantic plate of pancakes, but I always want a pancake.
Speaker 3: You want a little taste, Get your damn.
Speaker 2: Hash browns and your eggs and a biscuit or whatever, and then get a French toast for the table or a waffle, it doesn't.
Speaker 3: Matter, smart do it, just do it. And then everybody gets a little bit of what they couldn't commit to ale mail.
Speaker 2: And it comes out to what a couple bucks per person you can afford a couple bucks. People, if you're listening to this podcast, if you're listening to this Freeze podcast, well you can pay a little bit and listen about ads and I recommend you do it. Guys like and subscribe review.
Speaker 3: That is a nice tip. We have to answer one listener question, and so this is called I said no emails. The listeners will write into I said no gifts at gmail dot com. It's well documented that everyone of my listeners has some horrible problem in their life, usually about gifts or a social situation. I hate it, but I am patient and I put up with it. So let's answer a question.
Speaker 2: Let's do it.
Speaker 3: Okay, this is hello bridger and disrespectful yet charming guests.
Speaker 2: Kind of right, very nice. I said fuck like seven times.
Speaker 3: Very disrespectful. See it says I seem to have set myself up for a huge gift tornado in the month of June.
Speaker 2: And look, I'm just.
Speaker 3: Gonna apologize right up top here. This is not coming out till July, so it's already. Look not my problem, but we always have another June to look forward to. Garbage can or something can go out of garbage. Please see below for my conundrum. My husband and I got married a few years ago on June fourth, which calls for a yearly anniversary gift. His birthday is on June twenty fourth. Now we are expecting a baby in twenty twenty two, which means I am responsible for yet another gift for him in June to celebrate Father's Day. Up until this year, I have severely struggled with finding two separate but thoughtful gifts for the same person so close together. Now that Father's Day is thrown in, finding three separate, thoughtful gifts is pushing me over the edge. My solution is to try and find at least one gift I can give him repeatedly for the same celebration every year as a tradition, whether it's tickets to its favorite sports team or a nice cigar. I'm not sure I could use help on the gift itself, or if a tradition gift is a bad idea. Please let me know some facts about him. He works in construction as an electrician. He's an American history buff. He is a huge sports guy that loves playing sports and a fan of all Major League teams.
Speaker 2: UH.
Speaker 3: He enjoys professional wrestling and monster truck rallies. He also loves spending time outside and enjoying a nice evening on our front porch. Any thoughts on how to help the situation would be greatly appreciated, respectfully. H.
Speaker 2: This is the most hetero man I've ever heard of in my life. I'm gonna say, this man has a secret. We know what to get on a little thing. With all the monster truck rallies, I think we know what to get him for his president.
Speaker 3: Hit this man a boyfriend. Let's just put it out there, H.
Speaker 2: For his birthday. Every year, you get him a like a trip to province town.
Speaker 3: Or like they're not going along to watch the new baby. And let this husband live his life. Gay man is a prisoner in his own mind. He's a prisoner in his own home. Give for here's a gift. You can give him a little freedom. Let him be his damn self. He doesn't want to be going to all of these things trying.
Speaker 2: To prove his masculinity. This is dark, No, not dark.
Speaker 3: Secret, this secret.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah. The American history buffa at all's so on the No, he doesn't care about the Civil War, when Revolutionary war or when she just said a sports team or a cigar. I'm like, what's up with this man? What's going on with him? Going on?
Speaker 3: And well he's backing away. Yeah, he's absolutely backing away. Poor H. I mean, my heart does go out to H. She's oblivious.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I think H needs a present to herself, which is I don't know, open her mind a little bit. I think there's there's ways around this. This could be great. This could be a gift to the relationship. How about a new best friend. How about a threesome? That's what you're going to get him for damn Father's Day.
Speaker 3: With maybe his favorite athlete. Yes, invite hang around your local arena kind of cat call at the baseball players or monster truck drivers. I don't know what they look like. I don't know if that's an attractive lot.
Speaker 2: But they're so cute. You give driver you only see the damn truck. Yeah, it's all about let's highlight some of these folks driving the truck. I think. Yeah, for for one of these gifts, you're going to go to a bar. You're gonna you're gonna say we were we were looking at you from across the way, wondering what you got going on tonight. Can I buy you a drink? Can we buy you a drink?
Speaker 3: We have two tickets to a Monster Truck rally, but we'd love to do something with the third exactly. And uh, suddenly, everybody, and you're gonna learn a lot.
Speaker 2: Yes, this is good. This is a gift.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and hopefully you like are paying the babysitter for the entire night. Ye, this is a sleepover baby or many babies with the parents, or with your grandma and grandpa or what have you.
Speaker 2: And in this case, breakfast and that is okay.
Speaker 3: Breakfast is going to be all over bid. Let's be honest. H I mean, I think that it's the only solution to this.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Otherwise it's like a professional like a pro wrestling poster. Yeah, yeah, Oh god, who do we put on? Who are some pro wrestlers? I can't the rock Hulk? Are we going to talk about the Hull?
Speaker 2: Queen?
Speaker 3: We don't put the Hulk posters?
Speaker 2: No, but no, I think you I think you know she's got the right idea. Just she was. She was leading us down. She knew what, she knew what she needed to know. She's say it a lot, and we're telling you she needed it to be said on the podcast. Maybe he's listening, He's like, they're looking at each other. Tears are streaming down both of their faces. Thank you to us. So yeah, you're going to have a nice, thick threesome for Father's Day. It's gonna be great.
Speaker 3: Oh, Age, I'm so glad you wrote in Hey, uh, just a life improved. Let's be honest, Darcy, we did a perfect job.
Speaker 2: We really did.
Speaker 3: I have got truly and fifty dollars worth of guests. I mean, it's just incredible. I have a Gwyneth's purse load of gifts.
Speaker 2: You. You did me a favor. You understand I needed to get rid of you.
Speaker 3: That your home is just overflowing with new age things that kind of have kind of cloudy health.
Speaker 2: Bet yeah, yeah exactly.
Speaker 3: But maybe it changes me, it improves, maybe it fixes all of my produce.
Speaker 2: I think it will. Thank you for being here. That's a wonderful to me.
Speaker 3: A pleasure listener. Now you can go. You've gotten tips, you've gotten uh information, You've gone all sorts of things through this podcast, and I hope you can kind of incorporate those into your daily life or if you're like me, you will hear tips and advice and just kind of put it aside and then just continue to live your normal life. That's also I guess that's fine. But you now the podcast is over, so you've got to move on and come again soon. Take care, I love you, Bye bye. I said, No Gifts is an exactly right production. It's produced by our dear friend Elise Nelson, and it's beautifully mixed by John Bradley. The theme song, of course, could only come from a miracle worker, Amy Mann. You must follow the show on Instagram at I said no gifts. I don't want to hear any excuses. That's where you get to see pictures of all these gorgeous gifts I'm getting. And don't you want to see pictures of the gifts?
Speaker 1: He lie?
Speaker 2: Invit?
Speaker 1: Did you hear? Thought a man myself perfectly clear, But you're a guess to me.
Speaker 2: You gotta come to me empty, And I said, no guests.
Speaker 1: Your presences presence enough. I'm already had too much stuff, So how do you
Speaker 2: Dad to survey me