Speaker 1: Now here's a highlight from Coast to Coast AM on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: And welcome back to Coast to Coast George Nori with you. Reverend Sean Whittington is an exorcist, seminarian, ghostbuster, lecturer, and teacher of paranormal studies and spiritual warfare. Sean and his wife Sharon are both survivors of extreme demonic attacks and together they have more than forty years of experience in the field. They founded and operate Ghost be Gone, which is a spiritual warfare service based in Las Vegas, assisting with paranormal problems of various types and severity. Sean is a cast member on Eli Roth presents the Legion of Exorcists on the Travel Channel and Max. The show shares the real life experiences of six exorcists, and he also hosts the Reverend Sean Whittington's Paranormal Ministry podcast, which is live on Facebook and available on YouTube. Sean, Welcome back, Reverend. How we have you been, George?
Speaker 3: How are you?
Speaker 2: While I missed you, I miss you too. It's been about four years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, I know want to bug you. I know you're a little busy, and I don't unless I have something really interesting to bug you about.
Speaker 2: I'd rather not bug you, that's okay. Anytime you've updated God Ghosts in the Paranormal Ministry.
Speaker 3: Well, it's actually a completely different book. The first one was my autobiography, and the second one that just came out this past Memorial Day is actually just cases some of the most severe demonic cases and hauntings that I've worked over the past ten years. Let's say, stories that actually weren't able to be used on the show. So pretty severe, and they were just something I needed to get Doing the show taught me that I needed to release this stuff and get it off my back and share the stories and experiences with people. So that's why I brought the second book out. But it's a completely different book than thereat one.
Speaker 2: Were you a paranormal investor, gator first, or a minister first?
Speaker 3: Paranormal investigator for many years of my wife before getting into the deliverance ministry.
Speaker 2: Field, and that has been everything you expected.
Speaker 3: Well, I'll tell you, this is your show. You know I love you and respect you. There's no wrong answer here. You tell me how you feel about this, But I know we're probably going to bring up some dark topics, and a lot of people refer to this hour as the witching hour. And I know back east I have friends listening and they would like to they think of this hour as the three o'clock three am back there, as the demonic hour. You, if you you know, don't mind. I have a very short and very powerful prayer of protection that I can recite and put some protection over you and I your show, your your crew and all your listeners, if you'd like me.
Speaker 2: To do that, if you think it will help, go ahead.
Speaker 3: In the name of the Father and of the Son and the Holy Spirit Amen. In his name and by the power of His Cross and Blood, I ask Jesus to bind any evil spirits, forces and powers of the earth, air, fire or water of the nether world, and the satanic forces of nature. By the power of the Holy Spirit and by his authority, I ask Jesus to break any curses, hexes or spells and send them back to where they came from. If it be His holy will, I beseech thee Lord Jesus to protect us by buying by pouring Thy precious blood on all of us here, mister Nouri and I his show, his crew, and all his listeners, which thou hast shed for us. And I ask THEE to command that any departing spirits leave quietly, without disturbance, and go straight to thy cross to dispose of thou sies fit. I actually to bind any demonic interaction, interplay or communications. I place all of us here under the protection of the blood of Jesus Christ, which he shed for us.
Speaker 2: Amen, thank you by doing that.
Speaker 3: You're welcome, sir.
Speaker 2: Did you did you write that?
Speaker 3: No, that's not up. A beautiful book called Deliverance Prayers for Use by the Laity, and it's a you can get it online and it's such a really beautiful book.
Speaker 2: How did you get involved with Eli Roth?
Speaker 3: You know, the person that doesn't get mentioned on the screen and the credits is God. He's absolutely the definite, in my opinion, my humble opinion, the actual show creator of this of this show. It basically got laid into my lap and I got a call from a producer, but actually before the pandemic, so we working on the project for a very long time, and I realized rather quickly on that this just was something that was being led down a path, and this was just something that God arranged and I wish I could get him to answer that question for you, because I don't know how it all came to be, and I'm still wondering what the message is. There has to be a message here somewhere that's meant for many people to see and experience and feel from this show. I know the show's not for everybody, but we're all very proud of it, and I'm waiting to see what comes next. I don't know, but I know that wasn't a very good answer to your question, but it just came out of it. It just came out of out of nowhere. I got a call one day and a gentleman introduced himself and said he was working on a project for a production company about demonic possession and exorcism. Would I be interested? And I just, you know, I didn't believe them at first. And then after I spoke to people that he worked with and show creators telling me their ideas and running them past me and having interviews with me, letting me tell my stories and stuff, I started to buy into it and realized that they're onto something here. It's something unlike anything I'd ever heard of before or been presented with, and before you know, I was, I was on board, and then here we are two weeks after filming. They crammed about twelve weeks of filming into like two weeks. That's we didn't We didn't really know Eli was a part of it. To be honest with you, I don't know if they purposely kept that a secret from us or not. I'm not sure. But the last day of filming, he showed up to do all of his parts and to meet us all and to let you know, let the cat out of the bag that he had put his name on it and he was going to be part of the show. And that was that. Honestly, it blew us away. We couldn't have been a more a bigger surprise to us, but we were definitely I'm sure if someone would have taken a picture of us, who were probably all staying there the cat, that is, with our mouths wide open and our jaws dropped down because we were when he showed up. It was definitely we didn't know.
Speaker 2: Reverend tell us about exorcisms and demonic possessions. I mean, I keep thinking of the movie The Exorcist. Does it really happen that way?
Speaker 3: You know, every exorcism is different, and I know exorcists. I was just having this discussion with an exorcist the other day. I've never seen the total black eyes. I've seen the eyes rolled back. I've never seen the total black eyes some exorcists. I've never seen levitation. I've seen levitation once, but it was on a very small scale of a young girl who was possessed, who couldn't move and was in any wheelchair. The actual wheelchair would move and it's almost she was in it. But I haven't seen the type of levitation that you've seen in that movie, The Exorcist, even though that was based on a true story and I'm sure all of that really happened. I haven't seen a head spinning around. I've been thrown up on. I've seen people facing the opposite direction and completely turn their head all the way around and look back at me. I've heard sounds of what sounds like every bone in a possessed person's body breaking the spirit is manifested in them. But I would have to say that every exorcism is different, and some of that stuff you see it does happen.
Speaker 2: Yes, how does somebody get possessed? I mean, what do they do, do they let their guard down because it doesn't happen to everybody.
Speaker 3: Well, I think nowadays the reason why it seems to be on the rise and one of the busiest exorcism courses one can be blessed to be accepted into is the one the Vatican offers, and every diocese right now has at least one or two exorcists on there, you know, on location there. It's really out of hand right now and different than it was, let's say, twenty years ago. I think the reason why it's so much on a rise now is because we've just gotten away from God. Humanity as a whole has gotten away from God, and that has allowed the veil to thin and be pulled down, the curtainty pulled down in some areas, and allowed the demonic to run more freely amongst us. And it's just like an out of control, deadly cancer now. But that's why I believe it's happening now on the scale that it is.
Speaker 2: Well, a believer, a righteous person, a God fearing person, will they get possessed.
Speaker 3: And that's the very sad but extremely mysterious part of some exorcism. In some possessions I have known people like that that we're very holy. I knew a priest that got possessed. I've known very holy, devoutly religious people who have gotten possessed. And other exorcistms will tell you that sometimes God allows that to happen because there's people in that person's life that need to witness the power and the glory of God when this person gets delivered. So I don't know, I don't have I know you and I will both get the answer to that one day when we're both in heaven. I don't know why some people like that tend to be get targeted by the demonic. Most of the cases that come across my table are people that have said the wrong thing, done the wrong thing, been at the wrong place at the wrong time, and did something to open up a doorway make themselves a target and have these types of things enter into their lives. But it happens that we're all a target. Clergy's the biggest target of all. I remember one of the episodes I quoted saying that every exorcist has a wanted poster hanging in Hell of him land her, and we have to be very careful in our families too. And I you know I experienced that firsthand. Both my wife and I are survivors of extreme amonic attacks, and she's lucky to still be here. So they can happen to anybody, and you just have to be very, very careful and a little good life.
Speaker 2: How do you ward them off from you?
Speaker 3: For example, I'm blessed, I you know.
Speaker 2: Are you concerned, Reverend Sean?
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, I'm only human. You know. God gave me the the emotion of being able to be frightened. I don't take my wife on cases anymore because she was lucky to survive her attack, and the couple of attacks that I've been through were very frightening. One had me up. Actually, I let the deliberance ministry field for a couple of years because it had frightened me that bad. And I get a little bit of that every time the phone rings and I talked to somebody, and the spiding senses go up, and I truly believe that what they're telling me is true, and they are in the presence of the demonic. And I'm planning my next you know, how I'm going to approach this case and my plan of attack. I'm a little nervous, a little scared. But people close to me, and especially that have come with me and helped me on cases, say that something happens to me and I go to these locations and I change. I don't know. I don't see myself doing that, but they say that I change. And I think I've just been a blessed person called to this for one But I think I'm a blessed person, and God has allowed me to be a conduit in a vessel for the Holy Spirit and other prayer warriors and angelic beings and so forth to come through and help me when I'm working these cases and on location and helping me take care of these them. They says, I don't have any magic powers.
Speaker 2: Have you seen a difference in someone who's been exercised and the demon is eradicated. You see a difference in their personality, the way they.
Speaker 3: Look absolutely like night and day. Absolutely, it's pretty amazing. The thing that we struggle with now because it seems to be in a borderline out of hand. The thing that a lot of clergy and colleagues of mine in the field struggled with now is two things. One h complete integrations and one time we thought it was impossible we thought if a person got possessed, that the evil spirit, the unclean spirit, is so unclean and so foul that the body the longer it stayed in there, the body was just decayoa. But now we feel that these invading unclean spirit can actually push the original soul out and if they're left, if they're left in this person's body long enough, they completely take over. And then what you have is a person walking around that's actually a demon, but they just look like a regular person. And if you see some of the violence that people are are dishing out to one another out there in the world, you have to you have to wonder if that's not really the case going on. I've had people walk by me on the street that I don't even no and I have the clergy collar on and just yell at me at the top of the lungs in my ear, Jesus wasn't real and then just walk off like you know, they didn't just do that, They just so matter of fact they walk away from me. That's very disturbing.
Speaker 2: Really, is my gosh? What is a demon? Sean?
Speaker 3: I like to keep it simple and just refer to them as a fallen angel. I believe they were once angels.
Speaker 2: What do they want, Well, they don't want.
Speaker 3: To be under God's rule. They want to do whatever they want to do. They want to just do whatever they want to do. And they hate us. To just say that they hate us, it's pretty inadequate. I can't really adequately put it into terms how this level of hatred they have for humans. But they would rather be any where they chose. They made the choice to follow Satan in battle God for supremacy of the heavens and lost, but they would rather be anywhere than in hell because they suffer too. So their goal is to is to possess a human body. And if they can take a life and destroy a human life in the process of possessing and capturing someone's soul, then then they prefer that at the feather in their tap. But they just want to in the and they know that the war has already been one, but they would like to try and win as many battles on the way to end of days and to when they finally are put forever where they're going to spend eternity in hell before they get locked away down and there they want to reach as much havoc on humanity as they.
Speaker 2: Can included why would anybody want to be an extorssist?
Speaker 3: I got drug into it, George kicked it in scream and I didn't plan on it at all. My wife and I were just just trying to have fun many many years ago, just paranormal investigators.
Speaker 2: It's not where you wake up and go I want to be an exorcist that way, not at all.
Speaker 3: I still do that. I still wake up every day and pray that I never have to take authority over another exorcism again. It's not fun. But we had something follow us home from a case many years ago and it took residence up in our home here for about two months, and I didn't know what I was dealing with.
Speaker 1: I didn't know what to do.
Speaker 3: So I reached out to the paranormal community, and God bless them for once they came through for me. And they introduced me to my then mentor, who took me under her wing and by the hand and walked me through everything and helped me fight whatever it was that was in my home out. And then she saw something in me that I didn't see and said, I think you're being called to this, and if you're interested in continuing the training. I can get you me appropriate training and see what happens. And at that time I said yes only because I wanted to be ready if it ever happened again. But then so many wonderfully divine things that happened to me since me saying yes, that I eventually realized that I truly was being called to this.
Speaker 1: Listen to more at Coast to Coast AM every weeknight at one am Eastern, and go to Coast to coastam dot com for more