Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by Unstoppable. Discover the inspiring true story about Anthony Roebliss, who defined every expectation to become a national wrestling champion, and Unstoppable, a new original movie from Amazon MGM Studios and director William Goldenberg, evoking the excitement and camaraderie of classic sports dramas and thrilling wrestling matches. Unstoppable features an all star ensemble cast including Jerrel Jerome, Jennifer Lopez, Don Cheatle, Michael Pania, and Bobby Knavali. Watch Unstoppable now exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.
Speaker 2: This episode is brought to you by all State. Some people just know they could save hundreds on car insurance by checking all State first. Like you know, to check the date of the Big Game first before you accidentally buy tickets on your twentieth wedding anniversary and have to spend the next twenty years of your marriage making up for it. Yeah, checking first is smart, So check all State first for a quote that could save you hundreds. You're in good hands with All States Savings Ferry terms apply. All State Fire and Casualty Insurance Company and Affiliates, Northbrook, Illinois.
Speaker 3: How are you feeling this more?
Speaker 4: Fuddy feeling pretty good?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 4: You said you got a lot of energy.
Speaker 6: I didn't stay out that light.
Speaker 4: You gotta have a lot of energy to explain why everything that you said last week was incorrect.
Speaker 3: Excuse me, just.
Speaker 4: Looking at the rundown, I was just like, this is what we said was gonna happen.
Speaker 3: Man, all right, you know what, let's just start the show.
Speaker 5: Let's do it.
Speaker 3: Welcome in What's Right?
Speaker 6: Nick Wright Podcast, YouTube Show, episode number seventy two. By the way, a quick note for the folks also watched the TV show. Thanks to the time chains of the show to the afternoons and some soccer that's coming up as the World Cup is right around the corner, we actually won't be back on television until Tuesday, which means now is a great time to be checking out the podcast and the YouTube show because it's gonna be the first place you can hear my thoughts on this weekend's football. And we of course have the gambling show coming out tomorrow. But demanse, I'm fired up for today's show. There's a lot we got to get into. But as we always do, before we get into our lead story, here are the stories that did not make the cut for today's show. First thing that's we're not discussing is Mayweather McGregor too teased. I might have been interested in that five years ago Mike evans suspension upheld.
Speaker 3: I am gonna say something on that. Briefly.
Speaker 6: It's just ridiculous. First of all, the NFL should have incorporated fact he's protecting Tom Brady, which is what they want him to do. Second of all, he didn't throw a punch a Lotimore, didn't get hurt, he didn't swing at helmet, he didn't have to spend him. Third of all, to America's game of the Week Bucks Packers, who was clamoring for Mike Evans to be suspended stupid And on a serious note, looks like Ima Udoka, the coach year basketball team Demansea, is going to be suspended. I read Woj's story. They talk about an inappropriate consent ual relationship with a female team employee. I the reason we're not talking about that today is I feel like we have about three percent of the information on what is a serious topic. So we're aware of it, and I don't feel comfortable until we get the real information. Discussing the basketball side of it, like what does this mean for the Celtics and all that. So we're aware of it, but we're not going to get into it until there's real deep reporting on it. What we can get into is Demonsee experiencing the third stage of gambling grief. He've experienced Stage one in the Ravens game, betting the right side, already spending the winnings in your head, and then having it stolen from you. Stage two was in the Bengals game, where he bet the wrong side. It was dead from the very beginning, and I warned you Stage three was going to be one of the most painful. Where you nail a pick, you have it exactly right, you're talked out of betting it, and then you realize how much money you could have made. So we're starting with the Bills go ahead. I should have heeded your warning, but the Bills shouldn't have heated my warning. I should heed my warning of not betting it.
Speaker 7: And therefore, yeah, I feel like I feel like if I heated your warning, you were warning me that I was gonna call it and get it directly.
Speaker 3: Correct, right, Okay, Yeah, that's correct. I did tell you that.
Speaker 6: You're right on a little bit differently after no, no, no, you're right. But I also warned you not to bet anymore because you lost all that money in week one, which, by the way, or week two, which by the way, they got something. You owe me a little bit still is still a little bit. And the juice the Jews starts running after a week, so you got two days to free. All right, go ahead, what the Bills?
Speaker 7: The Bills blow out the Titans forty one to seven. Remember I predicted this on the last pod. They win by seventeen. They obviously way overachieved on first things. First, you said that you're still not completely in on the Bills yet am I already a better better than you?
Speaker 4: By the way, that's what it kind of seems like.
Speaker 6: Oh this is beginners, first of all, because you get the Bills game, right. I didn't even tell you that that I wouldn't get that.
Speaker 4: Wasn't just the Bills game.
Speaker 3: But let's let's go ahead.
Speaker 4: Are you just are you a Bills hater because you're a Chiefs fan? All right?
Speaker 6: So first of all, this is where I'm gonna get a little frustrated, Okay, because my colleagues on the TV show misrepresent me, and now you, my son, and the producers of the podcast are misrepresenting me. I have not said I am not completely in on the Bills, yet, I have simply said I do not think they should be anointed the favorites. We have seen this in the NFL before, where there are two great teams in a conference.
Speaker 3: Two examples stick out to me.
Speaker 6: And in order for the little brother team to be considered the favorite, they've got to go beat the big brother. So Cowboys Niners in the nineties, they were the two best teams by far. The Cowboys repeatedly beat him in the playoffs in the early nineties. Now nineteen ninety four, the Niners got them, but a couple things happened. One is the.
Speaker 3: Cowboys lost their coach.
Speaker 6: The other is Dion Sanders went to the San Francisco forty nine ers. So you can say I have von Miller went to the Bills. I don't look at that as quite the same jump. Dion was still the single best corner in football. But even when that happened and the Niners did get them that year, they were not throughout the seasons like oh, Cowboys done.
Speaker 3: It's the Niners time.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna give you another example, Patriots Colts in the early two thousands, the Patriots would kick their teeth in in the playoffs, and the Colts eventually got theirs, and so more on that. In a moment, Colts eventually got over the hump and beat them, great second half comeback. I think it was twenty one to three or twenty three at half time. The Patriots are gonna beat him for the third straight playoffs. And then Peyton came all the way back the year Peyton won his first Super Bowl. But throughout the year, no one was anointing the Colts because they hadn't beat the Patriots.
Speaker 5: Yet.
Speaker 6: I am not sitting here saying the Bills are not good. I am not sitting here doubting Josh Allen as I did last year when I called him roller coaster Josh Allen. What I am saying is that the Chiefs, in my opinion, have earned the right to be AFC favorites until proven otherwise.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 6: I understand the Bengals beat them but in last year's playoffs, but nobody's picking the Bengals over the Chiefs right now. They're picking the Bills. Two years ago when the Chiefs were defending Super Bowl champions I had to listen, Oh, you gotta watch out for the Bills, and the Chiefs kicked their teeth in in the AFC Championship game last year. When the Chiefs have been back to back Super Bowls, won the conference two years in a row, I had to hear, oh, better watch out for the Bills. And they couldn't hold a three point lead for thirteen seconds, and then in overtime they couldn't get a stop. And now when the Chiefs are two and zero, Mahomes has played perfect football, at least statistically. I understand he had a few could have been interceptions. More on that in a moment. I gotta listen to the Bills are head and shoulders better than everybody.
Speaker 4: Why tell you you're just saying they have to beat the Chiefs first.
Speaker 6: You gotta beat the Chiefs.
Speaker 3: You got it, And.
Speaker 4: You're acknowledging that they're a great football team.
Speaker 6: I think there's they're the second or third best team in football that we mentioned Mayweather McGregor in boxing, if there were two awesome heavyweights and they fought the first time and the champ knocked him out in six rounds. They fought a second time and was real close. We went to the cards, but the Champ won a unanimous decision. There would be nothing the content the number one contender should be able to do before the third fight to be considered better until he beats the champ. Beat the champ Buffalo, that's all I'm saying. Well, play in Week six, I think, but they beat him in the regular season last year. I don't care about that.
Speaker 3: You got to beat the Chiefs in the playoffs. You just have to.
Speaker 6: Second of all, I got a couple other things on this one is everyone's like, oh my god, Buffalo has been so impressive, and they have.
Speaker 3: They've blown out two teams.
Speaker 6: I would argue, while the Chiefs have not been as dominant from a margin perspective, the Chiefs have played the tough competition. And what everyone is saying is all Buffalo blew out the defending Super Bowl champion Rams and the number one seed from last year of Titans. All right, let's talk about that for a The Titans are not they are trash. Don't give me that. They were the number one seed last year, and I believe the Chargers are better than the Rams. But at the very least. That's close. Everyone knows the Cardinals are betting the Titans, who are terrible. So there's that.
Speaker 3: And then the other thing that frustrates me is this.
Speaker 6: Josh Allen Week one. And by the way, the Bills every they've been dominant. They were dominating its the Titans, and they were dominant in the second half against the Rams. That that game was ten ten at halftime against the Rams. But neither here nor there. Josh Allen Week one throws a two picks. The first one it bounced off the receiver's chest, and I got Chris Collinsworth saying, oh that's aud we need to call it and make a new category in AHF's not his fault interceptions.
Speaker 3: Week two, Mahomes almost.
Speaker 6: Throws a pick or a couple actually, and I'm hearing people, oh, you know those really shit. So Mahomes non picks, Folks want to call picks Joshama's actual picks, Folks like take them off the board. It just I ate the Week one. I heard collins Worth say, try to create a new stack category for him, and I like collins with lot Week two Orlowski right before Josh Allen threw the strike I think it was just Stefan Dick for like fifty yards down the middle. He overthrew the full back on a wheel route down the sideline, and Arlofsky said, and I quote, that might be the greatest incomplete pass I've ever seen.
Speaker 3: Like, can we all just take a breath. That's all.
Speaker 6: So it's not that I'm a It's not that I'm a Bills hater. It's that the entirety of my media colleagues are crowning the Bills at twenty and ozero already, and I'm not ready to do it next We'll.
Speaker 4: See in week six.
Speaker 7: Yeah, the Eagles astorre the Vikings sadly for you, Jalen Hurds played amazingly though he's ten and one to win the MVP. You say them just so you know one ye, yes, sorry, you say the Eagles are gonna win the division by three games.
Speaker 3: Yep?
Speaker 7: Is there a scenario where your twenty fifth best quarterback is winning MVP?
Speaker 6: Okay, so a few things six weeks ago on the spot, you guys asked me about the Eagles. I'm like, calm down, They're not gonna win the division with that quarterback, right then?
Speaker 3: Dallas dealt with the injuries.
Speaker 6: I dug into a little bit more, and in my official preseason predictions, I had the Eagles winning the division by a game. Right then Dallas looked as horrible as they did in Week one and now and again you're listen. I didn't have a great gambling weekend. I understand that, and Philly has looked awesome, right and so I do believe Dallas is gonna win the Philly's gonna win the division. And I said by three games. I think Philly looks like an eleven win team. And I don't think Dallas or the Giants who played each other this weekend. And by the way, the Giants, after this weekend they get the Bears, Giants could be four and oh. Even though they get to four and oh, they're not good. They are not a good team. They still employed Daniel Jones. So I don't believe either those team's gonna be above five hundred. What is interesting for Philly is did I underrate Jalen Hurts. I'm open to that possibility. Thus, Fart looks like I did. I need to see a little bit more. What they did on Monday night was super impressive. He played a really good game against a team that I believe is a good team. And right now there is a spot where to my eyes, the Eagles are head and shoulders better than every other team in the AFS, in the NFCS. And so can he win MVP? I can't say it's impossible. It would be shocking to me. If he keeps up this level of play, keeps off this level of play, you can win MVP. Can they make the Super Bowl? I'm not gonna dismiss it as possibility because the Niners now have a ceiling because Jimmy's their quarterback. The Rams have been shaky the whole time, the Packers have been shaky. The Bucks offense isn't on track. It's hard to find that. Any jug ask question.
Speaker 7: Bit so you say the Niners have a ceiling because they have Jimmy G's quarterback. Getting off topic, but so, but when they had Trey Lance, they didn't have a ceiling. They were because I feel Super Bowl yes, correct, Yeah, Now with Jimmy G.
Speaker 6: With Jimmy G, they are more likely to be good right now. But you Jimmy G's played six career playoff games, has played poorly in all six, has never outplayed the opposing team's quarterback in a single playoff game. When they made the Super Bowl, they had a dominant defense. Now they have a very good defense. They lost some player personnel for defensive year. So Jimmy G. Trey Lance way way lower floor.
Speaker 3: Than Jimmy G. By the end of the season, I felt a higher ceiling. Jimmy G. We know what we're getting, right, I see and so right.
Speaker 6: And so it's not that I'm guaranteeing Trey Lance is going to be better than Jimmy Garoppolo, but the unknown when the known is I've tried to use this example. The example I use with Colin was this, if you were in a race New York to LA and you've been in that race every year for the last five years, and you've driven the same car, and every single time that car, whether you're winning the race, middle of the pack, wherever it is right around Phoenix, craps out, can't get there, and I say, year six, take that same car, or there's this sports car I built. I think it's can win the race. It also might crap out before you get to Kansas City. Which would you choose the one that you know is reliable, but you have half decade of evidence can't get you to the finish line or the unknown nice where you might it might blow up before you even get to Philadelphia, or you could win the race. I would argue option to be take the unknown. And so that's so do I think? I think the Niners, because the NFC is actually even a little worse than I had thought it was going to.
Speaker 3: Be, could still make the Super Bowl.
Speaker 6: We'll see, but I have I think their ultimate ceiling went down with Jimmy Garoppolo being their quarterback.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 7: Next, Robert Sarvara is looking to sell the Suns and Mercury.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Sarva is known as one of the worst owners in professional sports history, but Phoenix always attracts free agent interests for some reason.
Speaker 4: If he sells the team in somebody competent, could this change the trajectory of their UH.
Speaker 6: Landscape, the NBA landscape. It's not just that he's a terrible guy, and we've talked sarver before.
Speaker 3: It's I Lebron.
Speaker 6: The NBA, PA, Chris Paul and others put pressure on him to sell because the NBA said one year suspension, ten million bucks, right.
Speaker 3: Lebron came out and said the league got it wrong.
Speaker 6: Other guys in Starver got shamed enough, and he's gonna walk away with a few billion dollars. Folks going be like, ah, he's getting canceled. Bought the team for less than half a billion, ran it terribly incredibly cheaply, sexually harassed men and women, allegedly used the N word repeatedly, allegedly, was just a misogynistic racist creep allegedly, And now he's gonna walk away, you know, with like three billion dollars. I think he'll be okay.
Speaker 4: Uh, But.
Speaker 3: Having if bait.
Speaker 6: They're talking about bezos might want to buy it, or Larry Ellison, the Oracle guy, having even by rich guy standards, one of the richest guys. Buy a team absolutely can change landscape. It's not just you change the organizational culture. It's that you also everything will be nicer, facilities, nic You're not gonna worry about the luxury tax. In the early two thousands, mid two thousands, when the Suns were right on the cusp kept making the Watcher Conference finals with Steve Nash, Steve Nash and Mary Stottemeyer, Joe Johnson, was there briefly Seawn Marion. They were this close to being making the finals. Starvers sold a first round pick, didn't trade it, sold it like a team was like, I'll give you a few million bucks for your first round picks. Like done?
Speaker 3: Hey, so wow yeah, so absolutely.
Speaker 6: This could change landscape of the league having this type of money come into a team that's notoriously cheap, won't pay the luxury tax they got in that pissing match with DeAndre eight last summer because of this one hundred percent uh and so I find it really interesting. It also sidebar is going so the Clippers sold, but they're in La bamber.
Speaker 3: Over pay, you know what I mean?
Speaker 6: That was after Sterling got first out forced out right. It also is going to be an interesting litmus test for how much money bron and his group are gonna need when they want to buy a team.
Speaker 5: Yea.
Speaker 3: And are they gonna have to buy.
Speaker 6: A team or is the NBA going to expand to Vegas and Seattle and you just have to pay like a franchise fee. Because as rich as Broun is, he doesn't have multiples of billions. So I know you could have a group around it, you know, what I mean other people. But I think it's gonna be very interesting to see what this team sells for. Very interesting.
Speaker 3: All right, I want to talk about the far Thing.
Speaker 6: Demandy's gonna set it up in a moment. My guess is we're gonna spend about five minutes on it. I don't think what I'm gonna say on the far Thing is political at all. But if you're here just for the sports, come back to the top of the B block and we're gonna talk Aaron Judge. Now, Demons, go ahead, but it's gonna be about five minutes. With my guess. We're gonna go overtime again. My apologies, go ahead and set me up.
Speaker 7: You cut some things out of the rundown and the top of the a's or the bottom of the age, should I say, talk about farv So what is it that you got to say about him?
Speaker 4: Are you talking about how it's not getting any coverage?
Speaker 6: Well, so here's the thing. There's two points I want to make here. One is about the media and the other is about far and what these folks did. There's been a lot of Twitter chatter that, you know, Mike Vick and the dog fighting thing was a one news on all the shows on all the networks for months, and it seems like Shannon Sharp and I are the only people in sports media that give you about this Farv story. Does that feel hypocritical? The answer to that is yes and no. The yes is listen. Farv is one of the greatest football players ever. He is alleged and it's very compelling. Shout out to Mississippi Free Press, which is done a wonderful job covering this story. Two have helped misallocate funds and everyone's calling it, you know, welfare money. It's really THA NF money, which if you know what that stands for, it really zeros in on how awful an a moral. This is TA and F stands for Tax Assistance for needy families. We short the shorthand for that is welfare. That money being redirected upwards of six million bucks summoned farvest pocket and a lot of it to sow his daughter at the Southern miss can get a fancy volleyball stadium and he can get credit for it. That six million is just part of a seventy seven million dollar overall TA and F money misallocated in Mississippi, the poor state in the country. Okay, that's the general strokes of it. The reason I'm not going to crush the media as much as others is the more salacious stories will always get more headlines.
Speaker 3: And dog fighting.
Speaker 4: And the way and the it's almos boring.
Speaker 6: This story is almost boring, even me explaining what Tha andF is, the money and the miss Alligan. It's it's a little complex and a little boring and not as salacious. So I wouldn't have expected it to get quite the coverage the dog fighting thing did. But it shouldn't be one hundred to one. It shouldn't be this big of a discrepancy, especially because far for a period of time was the single most famous football player in the world. He's still one of the most popular football players ever. So does it feel like he's getting protected?
Speaker 3: Does it feel like.
Speaker 6: Some of the media folks are not as apt to jump on this story. Does it feel like there's assuredly a bit of a racial component to it. Yes, all of those things are true. That is not what is particularly galling to me, however, and this is the part that I want us to put on social because what is most galling to me about the farv story is not just the media apocrisy or the lack of coverage or the lack of interest. It's that.
Speaker 3: The worst case scenario for far is my.
Speaker 6: Guess is he does actual jail time, and it's less than eighteen months. This is a multi million dollar fraud. And where the media consistently misses the boat is we How many stories have I had to read since the pandemic or see on the news about the plague of shoplifting across this country. I can't go to the CBS down the street here. I went there the other day. Every single item. Yeah, I got to call someone over to unlock, because they have done a really good job of getting that out in the media that, oh my goodness, gracious, we are. We're dying on the vine here because people are stealing razors and soap. By the way, fun fact, that company that I just mentioned, I looked it up this morning. The entire list of American companies with more revenue last year than them Walmart, Amazon, Apple, They're number four, three hundred and some billion dollars in revenue, ten around ten billion in profit. And consistently the media tries to convince us that the people going in our pocket are the poorest, most desperate people. Now, I don't have any tolerance either for the when you see like almost the flash mobs of folks going into the Gucci store, the Louis Vuitton store, and you know forty folks come in, steal stuff and run out. That just theft. That's just criminals. The folk and the folks that out of partict usually some level of desperation, are trying to slip a few personal hygiene products in their pocket. And we all get that media coverage.
Speaker 3: It's waterwall, an epidemic of shoplifting.
Speaker 6: This is over seventy five million dollars of Mississippian's own money. Is taxpayer money, money that is taken out of their checks to try to help the poorest, most desperate people. And allegedly the goddamn governor, a nonprofit, the most famous Recippion maybe ever are all so casual about the theft. They're texting about it. They're breaking the string or bell rule. They're taking notes on a criminal conspiracy because they know.
Speaker 3: That nobody really cares and.
Speaker 6: That even if they are caught red handed, it's not going to be that that covered. That's the that's the infuriating part. That's the part where we all got to get our minds right. We are we have been tricked so long that the poor person going in our left pocket stealing a couple dollars is the problem. And the rich person and the corrupt politicians and the systems in place going in our right pocket for one hundred dollars. Eh, you know, that's just America, just the cost of doing business. It's maddening, and so yeah, I do think it should get more coverage, of course, But what I would rather happen is us be less hyperventilate, a little bit less about the things the most desperate people in our society do to get by, some of whom might not be shoplifting if their welfare checks came through when they're struggling, instead of going to build a volleyball stadium. So Brett Favre can say, oh, look at what a good guy I am. Talk Aaron Judge's sixtieth home run. Next.
Speaker 8: When it comes to towing, seeing is believing. That's why Chevy Truck's advanced camera technology offers up to eight available cameras for fourteen unique views, so you can focus on the view that really matters Chevrolet Together, Let's drive. Learn more about chev trucks at Chevy dot com. Safety Your Driver Assistants features are no substitute for the driver's responsibility to operate the vehicle in a safe manner. We the vehicle owners man for important future limitations and information.
Speaker 6: All right, welcome back in What's Right? Nick Wright, episode number seventy two, Let's get right into it. Demandsay, we went overtime once again in the A block.
Speaker 3: Now, I know you.
Speaker 6: Guys are gonna want to blame me, but I settled in the previous show. Maybe we need to lengthen the clock on the A block. Nobody listened to me on it. So we went overtime. Not my fault, but you know I'm gonna blame others for my own inaction. All right, go ahead, what are we starting with.
Speaker 7: We're breaking tradition and we're talking a little base but oh yeah, yep. Aaron Judge tdd Babe Ruth with.
Speaker 4: His sixtieth home run of the season.
Speaker 7: Yeah, with fifteen games left to play, he's bound to hit sixty one yep. After Marius, Judge only has Cheetahs ahead of him in the all time list.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 7: Should Judge be considered the all time leader in home runs when he passes Marius or do juicters deserve their place in the record books?
Speaker 3: All right, He's not listen. Ahead of him will be.
Speaker 6: Four Sami Sosis seasons or three Sami Sosis seasons, couple McGuire seasons, and Bonds is seventy three, okay, and I think he's you know, maybe four Sosia seasons, one McGuire season, one Bond season, whatever it is. Right now, Maris is seven and when Judge passes him, Judge will be seven. The single season home run record is Barry Bonds. It's seventy three. Steroids are no steroids, That's the record. However, one could make the argument this season is more impressive. And I'm not even talking steroids. What I'm talking about is the second place on home runs is at forty, Judges at sixty. Nobody has had that type of gap between first and second place in home runs since base Baybrew that back to back seasons where he had thirty five more home runs than second place nineteen twenty nineteen twenty one. He had four seasons where he was at least twenty plus ahead of the next best guy, the fact that when Bonds hit seventy three, Sosa hit in the mid sixties, when Maguire hit seventies, Sosa hit sixty six. We've never had anything like this in modern baseball history, where one guy is so head and shoulders.
Speaker 3: Above everybody else.
Speaker 6: You add to it that as of recording, he's on track to win the triple Crown, meaning lead the league in home runs, RBIs, and batting average. You add to that that his team is staying afloat, not only saying float, we're gonna win the division thanks to him, because the rest of the team hasn't played well in months. This is one of the most impressive seasons in baseball history.
Speaker 3: You add to that the fact that.
Speaker 6: He turned down two dred and thirty million dollars this offseason because he bet on himself that he was gonna have a monster year, and he's having one of the greatest seasons ever, and at thirty years old, he's probably gonna get north of four hundred million dollars. All those things put together, it's just one of the greatest years in modern baseball history. But that doesn't mean that he's the record holder. And I understand there's cheating and not cheating, so it's it's kind of apples to oranges. But all things considered, I think Kobe's eighty one was more impressive than Wilt's hundred. But Wilt's hundred is the record and will remain the record. And so no, I'm not taking Bonds out of the record books. But what I will say, what is cool is so sub bonds and.
Speaker 7: A different what he said, Wilt Chamberlain's one hundred will always be like the record.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Barry Bonds will always I think they're kind of different.
Speaker 6: Well, of course they're different because people look at Bonds as he got there by cheating. My point is it Kobe's eighty one, the degree of difficulty was higher than Wilt's hundred, The context was different. It seems more impossible than Wilt's hundred because of who he was playing, the way that game was played, the fact that they were then scheming at the ends to get him one hundred points, all of this stuff. I just think Kobe's eighty one is a more impressive feat, but the record is will I think judges in today's baseball sixty whatever he ends with four is more impressive than Bond seventy three at the height of the steroid era when a lot of guys were hitting sixty plus. But it's still not the record. But with that said, what I was trying to say there is it is arguably more impressive, and the context of it make it makes it unforgettable. And where he's fortunate is Bond, Sosen Maguire all played in the nash League. So he will have by himself, maybe for decades, the American League record. The American League record has been Marris at sixty one Root at sixty and so have the Yankee record in the American League record, maybe for the rest of my life, certainly for the next ten to twenty thirty years. So he has his own record. It's not the single season record. It might be more impressed than the single season home run total. Also, pool To might get seven hundred, which is a whole other thing. That is just what's unbelievable prior to the year. And I think it's gonna get it all right? Next what game will we play?
Speaker 4: Baseball? All right? It's time to play all in our four.
Speaker 3: I mean, he's asking for to play the game. Do you prefer the baseball talk or the tennis point.
Speaker 4: I definitely prefer the baseball talk.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's an upset.
Speaker 7: Okay, Next, the Ravens had an epic collapse on Sunday.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, tell us about it.
Speaker 7: Lamar was still looking good. You've been back in Baltimore very heavily in the preseason. All interfold the Ravens will be the number one the number one seed in the AFC.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna fold that folding already so banged up. I still think they'll win the division. I still think they're a super dangerous team, and they absolutely could be the AFC representative in the Super Bowl. But they got to get healthy. Last year. The injuries killed them this year. What happened in that Miami game is two of their top corners we're out. They're playing two rookie fourth rounders at corner. They're also playing a rookie safety, and Tyreek Hill's running wide open. So and to get the one seed, you can't give away a thirty five to twenty one league. So I'm still very high on the Ravens. The injuries concern thirty five to fourteen lead. I should say the injuries concerned me, but now I don't think that they're going to be able to have go thirteen and four the way, and at thirteen and four at a minimum is what it's going to take to be the one seed.
Speaker 3: So I'm going to fold that.
Speaker 4: Next, all right, So the Packers beat up on the Bears.
Speaker 7: Minnesota looked terrible Monday night, but the Lions are the second high scoring team in the NFL. Yeah, all interfold, the Packers will win the NFC North title.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go all in on that. I picked it before the year.
Speaker 6: I don't think the Packers will looked very good, but I think they will improve.
Speaker 3: I also think they're gonna add a receiver.
Speaker 6: Keep your eyes out if they If Kenny Galladay and the Giants that relationship continues to pray, keep your eyes out for Odell. I think they need to add a receiver. The Vikings have this Kirk Cousins ceiling, and they were so underwhelming on Monday Night. It's just really hard to believe that they are going to win twelve games, like I think it's gonna take.
Speaker 3: I think they're a playoff team.
Speaker 6: But I absolutely still like the Packers in the North.
Speaker 7: Next, all right, the Raiders are one of four zero to two teams. Yeah, they collapsed last week as well. Josh McDaniels wasn't successful in Denver and it doesn't look great so far. Yep, all interfold. Josh McDaniels will be the Raiders coach next year.
Speaker 6: Jeah, I'm all in on that. Josh McDaniels will be the Raiders coach next year. There's no chance they're firing him after one year. First of all, Mark Davis, the Raiders owner, he is by NFL ownership standards poor. He is the I think probably as the least money of any owner. These coach contracts are guaranteed, so you don't want to pay out. They're already like they're fighting Gruden in court to not pay him out. That's fine. I also don't know. McDaniels might end up doing a good job. Week one, they lost to the Chargers, but it was a one possession game. They had the ball, Derek Carr had already had finished the game of four turnovers. Week two, that was an unforgivable collapse. I don't think they're a playoff team. I never thought they were a playoff team, but I do think that we are in a spot where that they're not gonna move on from him after one year. It's just not gonna happen. So I'm all in. He'll be their coach next season next all right.
Speaker 7: Believe it or not, the Dolphins are one of only six teams still be undefeated all interfoald. The Dolphins will win a playoff game.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's interesting. So let's think about this.
Speaker 4: Let's think about their quarterback.
Speaker 3: Man, No, I know, but it was that could they make the playoffs?
Speaker 6: Yes? Could they win the division though? No? So that means no matter what their record is, they're on the road in Week one. Okay, so let's just a week one of the playoffs. So let's just say best case scenario for the Dolphins, right, The best case scenario for the Dolphins is that they get the number one wild cards, so they're the five seed. So it would be going on the road to the worst division winner that's probably gonna come out of the AFC South AFC South winner. I at this point, you know, you guys know I was high on Indian Jacksonville. I think it's probably Jackson Jacksonville.
Speaker 4: There you go, let me read.
Speaker 6: The question again. The Dolphins will win a playoff game. I'm gonna fold that if it was could win a playoff game, I'm open to that. I don't trust to A but I like their coach, I like their overall roster and the path of being the five seed. I do I really believe in TUA to win a road playoff game. I don't, And I'm not even certain they're making the playoffs. But we can't dismiss what they've done as meaningless.
Speaker 3: We can't.
Speaker 6: As limited as to is, he has crazy weapons around him, we can't dismiss his meaningless. So I'm gonna I'm gonna fold that they. I wouldn't bet them right now to make a win a playoff game. Let me check real quick what their odds are right now to make the playoffs right now via our friends at Fox Bet. I'm clicking on it. One second, Uh make playoffs. Miami is but bah bah minus one ninety to make the playoffs. So they're saying they've got about a sixty percent chance to make the playoffs. That feels a little strong, Like, let's think about this for a second. Chiefs and Chargers are gonna make it. Let's call it one team out of the AFC South. Okay, the Ravens out of the North. Even if you put the Bengals into which I would, that's still Lee and the Bills. There's still one open spot. So do you believe Denver the Raiders are turning it around? No?
Speaker 3: Do you believe we're gonna have two AFC South teams?
Speaker 6: Probably not? Do we believe there's gonna be three AFC North teams? That loss for Cleveland really hurt them? So yeah, I mean, I guess I see why their favorites to make the playoffs, so they could win a playoff game. Out, I'm picking them on a playoff game, all right? Last?
Speaker 7: All right, Well, the Giants are two and oh and their next two games are at home against Cooper Rush's Cowboys and the Bears. They could easily be four and oh all interfold. The Giants are making the playoffs fold, yeah.
Speaker 6: Fall, I think they might get to four and oh. They're not making the playoffs. I don't want to talk anymore about the Giants. They're uninteresting. They bore me. I'm happy for Dable, I like Saquon, but they're.
Speaker 4: When they're four and oh, will you still be able to say they're uninteresting they're boring?
Speaker 6: Yeah? I will, Okay, I will I'm predicting they go.
Speaker 4: For their four and oh and the Chiefs are three and one.
Speaker 3: Won't matter.
Speaker 4: Won't matter.
Speaker 6: I'm predicting they go four and oh. And I'm predicting they missed the playoffs, predicting both of those while recording. We actually now do have some breaking news on EM so likely suspended for the entire season. All right, we'll talk about that to wrap the show. That's next, What's Right? All right, welcome back in final segment, What's Right in the Great Podcast YouTube Show episode seventy two, Gambling Show Episode seventy three coming out Friday. Gonna be off tellers in the next few days because we have soccer in the afternoon window on FS one and World Cups coming up, which I'm so excited about. Oh oh, I just realized, Demanse. You think you didn't like the baseball talk. You know you didn't like the tennis talk. Wait till you get to Nick Wright soccer fans.
Speaker 3: Oh, you don't know this side of me.
Speaker 4: Oh, soccer game. I'm sorry, soccer game before you been like one.
Speaker 6: Oh, I'm sorry. I just used to go to a dozen Sporting KC games. First of all, Second of all, dozens, Yeah, dozens. I used to go quite a bit partial season ticket holder, my friend. That's first of all season, second of all, Second of all. I love international soccer, love it. You think I'm playing all those hours of FIFA for for just enjoyment, also for educational purposes. So that's coming up on the show a few weeks from now. But so at the top of the show, I said, there's this, you know. Late last night, Woge tweeted that Email Udoka, the coach of your team, was facing a possible team suspension, and then they said, then he got that it was for a consensual relationship with a team of team employee Stafford. Woj just tweeted, and I just want to read the tweet verbatim, and I said, we didn't want to talk about it because we don't have enough information, and I didn't want to talk about what it meant for the Celtics because it would feel crass if like he was accused.
Speaker 3: Of doing something really awful.
Speaker 6: The tweet from Woj is Boston Celtics coach Email Udoka is likely facing a suspension for the entire season for his role in a consensual relationship with a female staff member. Sources TELEESPN. A formal announcement is expected as soon as today. Assistant coach Joe Missoula is likely to become Boston's interim coach for the season, sources tele A, ESPN. Remember Danny Ainge hired away Will Hardy, his number one assistant be coach of the Jazz. That's now obviously something Celtics you're regretting. I I don't want to. We don't have enough information to really discuss this, and I know it is your team, but the I don't want.
Speaker 3: To talk about it from basketball perspective.
Speaker 6: I don't even want to put you in a position to say anything about it because and some like this I want, we want to be very, very careful of what we say. But what I do feel comfortable saying, is this a season long suspension for arguably the face of your franchise, and knowing it's going to be public for what WOJ is describing as a consensual relationship, raises a lot of red flags to me about what's the real details of this story? And I just listen, I understand.
Speaker 3: Who Doka is.
Speaker 6: You know what has is in a very public relationship with the famous actress Nia Long yeah, but something feels amiss here and so I don't know what to do with it. I don't feel comfortable talking about what it means for the Celtics until we have more information on it. But there's there's got to be another piece of this, and I don't even want to speculate what that piece could be because right now these two, this square doesn't circle. And so Emo Udoka suspended for the year for what is currently being reported as And I'll just read the tweet once again verbatim from woj A consentual relationship with a female staff member. That is a shocking development. It will have real repercussions across the league from an on court standpoint. A lot of people think the Celtics are the favorites. He obviously did a great job last year, and my guess is not by the time we do the gambling show, but by the time we're on the air.
Speaker 3: Next week, there will be more information here and maybe.
Speaker 6: This will crystallize a bit. But that listen, we try to have fun in the final segment of the show, but this is breaking news. We're recording, So there's news. Email Udoka suspended for the season. This was episode seventy two. We'll be back tomorrow with the Gambling show, and then a normal show on Monday or Tuesday. By the way, that's one other thing. We might be out on Monday. It might be Tuesday because I'm not on television. Thursday, Friday, and Monday. Might take a little, you know, little me time. You know what I mean, a little trip to the spa, and by the spy, I mean a casino to be named later.
Speaker 3: We'll figure that out. We'll talk to you soon.
Speaker 6: What's right,