Speaker 1: I'm a homegrowl that knows a little bit about everything and everybody.
Speaker 2: You know, if you don't lie about that. Right, Hey, y'all, what's up.
Speaker 1: It's Lauren Rosa and this is another episode of the Latest Lawn Rosa.
Speaker 2: This is the daily Dig on.
Speaker 1: All things pop culture and it's him in news and all of the conversations that shake the room.
Speaker 2: Baby.
Speaker 1: Now, y'all know we we always get into checking in behind the scenes of.
Speaker 2: The grind before we get started, So let's get on into it.
Speaker 1: Checking in behind the scenes of the Grind today. This week is actually just we're just I don't know what it's. I always say like this week is like a work week, but I feel like every week is a work week. But I say that when I mean that, like, there's not like a lot of traveling. There's not like a lot of out of studio. We just podcasts breakfast like we did, and we in the news like fully. I love these type of weeks where I can spend all of my time out saw the Breakfast Club, outside of recording a podcast for you guys, just working on stories.
Speaker 2: And being really in the body of things.
Speaker 1: That's been, you know, a challenge for me to find and carve out and do it with discipline that time where I'm still like throwing myself fully into the story, into the details and all of the things, are also just taking care of myself as well too. So this is one of those weeks. And yeah, so hopefully this week I'll bring you guys a lot more exclusives. I felt like last week the news was so slow when there wasn't much going on, and when that happens, I'm like, all right, we need to make some news, we need to make some conversation. So this week I think you guys will see a lot more of that, especially here on the podcast The Latest with one of the Roads of because we'll have the time to be digging all into the people's business.
Speaker 2: Other than that, though, yeah, we were good.
Speaker 1: We typing on it into the Latest, so let's get into it. So this week, actually, speaking of this week, as we go into the Latest, everything that's happening right now, we are days away from the Real Housewives of Atlanta reunion. Now I Real Housewives of Atlanta, Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, but I actually haven't really tuned into Beverly Hills as much as I was before I told myself that I was gonna get all caught up before Bozma Saint John Bow's loved Bows before her wedding because I wanted to, like, you know, she's been covering her wedding on the show and preparing for it.
Speaker 2: Amongst other things.
Speaker 1: But with Real Housewives of Atlanta, they're like my like my favorite fan chise like they are number one for me. I've been hanging onto every episode the season. Sometimes I haven't watched two or three a day because I haven't been caught up. I just finished the season finale episode prior to preparing myself for the the reunion this weekend. And there was reporting this week, like literally kicking off this week that the girls have received their contracts.
Speaker 2: And that's always a.
Speaker 1: Thing, like the day that the women of Royal housewivest of Atlanta Cash received their contracts, as always a day that like makes news because then people start having conversations about who received the contract, what role are they coming back in. For those of you guys who do not watch Housewives, when I say a roll are they coming back in? You have like main characters and non main characters. They call them peachholders. And friends of the show, right or a friend of a peach holder. So, for instance, Porscha Williams peachholder this season, that just means that a lot of the show revolved around her. Shemiah actually you know, got her peach this season, and it was a very emotionally rough season for Shamia, especially being as though we knew her as Porscha's friend on the show and now we got to get more into her life and see that relationship fall apart to I don't think they'll ever get back to where they were, even once they ever get back to being cordial.
Speaker 2: It came a selle.
Speaker 1: Those three women this season were the bigger, biggest storylines of the show for various different reasons. So you know, people are gonna want to see how that works out going into this next season, like will all those women still be main cast? Will they still be main peach Holders, because then you can kind of predict what next season will look like and who we will focus on the most. Now, I told you guys that that reporting was out earlier this week. However, Andy Cohen has come out and said that is not true that none of the girls have received contract offer yet there were also rumors that Shemiah was not going to be coming back to the show again. Shemiah was like best friends with Porsche when we first came to meet and know her, and it's now taken on her own life on the show. So there were rumors that she may, you know, potentially not be returning back to the show.
Speaker 2: And I'm not gonna lie. Like, whenever you hear these rumors.
Speaker 1: From the fan pages, it's like you can't ignore it because a lot of the news will leak to the fan pages, through the girls teams, through production because Real Housewives fans are very intertwined with the fan pages and the fan cultures around the show. But it's like you have to you got to pay attention to it, but you gotta wait.
Speaker 2: To get the real information.
Speaker 1: This is a big example that because those stories leaked and then Andy Cohen came out and said, and I have reached out to a source coaster production myself and was like, hey, I mean, Shamia had a rough season this season, so I could kind of see why she wouldn't come back, you know, when she want to protect their peace. But the more emotional and emotional roller coaster the season edge for you that means you got a storyline that's working, baby, and that means you right there, stay right in that pocket. That's what builds you know, the best housewives and reality stars in this type of lane. But here's what Andy Cohen had to say on the fact that Shemiah and there's no there's no truth to Shemia not returning as of now.
Speaker 2: There was also, of course that any Leaks maybe returning. Let's say, a lot of casting rumors online which came out over the weekend, and I'm going to tell you that they're not true. And I am going.
Speaker 1: To tell you that if you want a preview of next season of Atlanta, look at this cast.
Speaker 2: This is the group guys. I mean, uh, spoiler alert. We're very happy now.
Speaker 1: I will say that is important to hear because there was a time where a lot of like, you know, people were not happy about the cast, like they felt like after Nini Leaks left, you know, and then you had the drama with Kenya Moore where she you know, allegedly exposed some revenge porn it was, you know, suspended from the show and then didn't come back on the show. Like all of that stuff, people thought that they were losing our main girls, like they were losing their girls that were going to actually.
Speaker 2: Make the show good. Then Portia came back in a major way on the show.
Speaker 1: We were excited about that because it felt like, you know, we had some of her og girls back. Cynthia Bailey, you know, famous housewife, Elena Boro, house husband, Atlanta.
Speaker 2: Housewife, but also model.
Speaker 1: She came back onto the show this season as a friend of the show, so she is there, she is present, but it allows her to not.
Speaker 2: Fully be in all of the mess of the drama.
Speaker 1: But she's been even doing like some side commentating as well too, And I think it also just gives her time to figure things out as well. Like outside of the show, I think Cynthia has always been one of those people on the show who had a lot happening, Like she was trying to figure out, you know, her wine situation, and then she had the Cynthia but a Bailey agency, Like she's done very successful businesses. But I think at this point in her career, I could see her wanting to be able to have a little bit more time to build out those things, build out her personal life while also understanding what the platform does for her. So she you know, one foot in, one foot a little bit out, which is great. Now, there was also rumors about Kelly on the show. Kelly is one of the newer housewives that you know, her drew prior to Pinky Cole of Sludy Vegan coming on. People were trying to figure out if they even, you know, really cared for Kelly on the show. And I feel like this season has really developed for her with her storyline, even though she was not able to fill with her children this season. There was a lot happening because of her recent separation from her estranged husband. But I think again, I think it gives her a storylines, It gives her something to talk about.
Speaker 2: But people thought that she wasn't gonna come back either.
Speaker 1: When those rumors broke a contracts being sent out, people thought that, you know, there was also gonna you know, be a goodbye sent to Kelly, non contract sent to Kelly. And that is not the case according to you know what Bravo sources are putting out there now.
Speaker 2: Cohen is speaking on.
Speaker 1: So I'm looking forward to this reunion, baby, And let me tell you guys something, this group of girls, it's all about the reading. Okay, I don't know if y'all are into the reality TV. I wouldn't even say it's my guilty pleasure. I don't even feel guilty about loving the Housewives and w did they read down?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: And when I say read, it's like the comebacks they quick, they sharp. So the season finale ended with them celebrating Kate Michelle, who just released her first ever country album. She has been in the country music space for some time. Was told a long time ago she couldn't do a country music album because she's a black woman, and there's just been so much that it's opened up in country music, you know, for people like Kay Michelle because of the work that she's put in. Beyonce Mickey gotting mad people right in that space. So she got to do that on this platform, which is benefit of the platform. It elevates everything else that you're doing. But it closes out with a party that she has and at the end of the party, they're reading each other down.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's take a listen. They're lyon. But I'm not lying. No one's gonna hold her accountable to her life. We don't survive with Allen. I'm gonna survive and you're going to jail, you said the girls. Listen.
Speaker 1: I know that the reunion is going to be insane. We already know. Pinky Cole of Slaty vegan, who was recently made headlines for bankruptcy with her businesses and a lot of money things are the businesses. Her and her husband are expecting a new baby, and this is after she revealed on the show that they were having some issues because she's just been so focused on her business and trying to figure out what was going on with the business when they came to bankruptcy.
Speaker 2: Let's take a listen. Hi, Pinky, you look amazing. Thank you.
Speaker 3: I know that you are vegan, but you had quite the meaty season.
Speaker 2: How are you feeling about your first season? It felt good.
Speaker 3: I don't even want to ever hit a B word again. The only BEE word that I want to talk about is the fact that I'm having a baby.
Speaker 2: How does your mom feel about it? She was mad? Hey, listen, she said she want to have another one.
Speaker 1: I said, no, do in December.
Speaker 3: Wow, and I just might name him or her Bravo.
Speaker 2: Congratulations.
Speaker 1: I'm excited to see this reunion. I don't think we're going to get receipts from certain things. I know that there was like a big blow up between Porsche Williams and ky Michelle. I don't think we're going to ever get the receipts of you know, there was like a whole oystergate, I will call it a whole plot and a plan in ky Michelle's voice that she said that was put out and trying to be you know, or allegedly being executed by Porsche to produce the show or produce the storyline around ky Michelle in a certain way, which is a reality TV show thing. You know, you will have the lead of your show or certain people on the show who can work with the story producers the build out narrative in the way they need to. And ky Michelle is you know, she comes from love and hip hop, so she's a reality star. Bet she felt like she was shying, they were trying to swindle her, so she that was a huge thing in the beginning of this season. But I don't think that we're gonna actually get receipts of who she alleges told her all of that, But hey, you never know. I just haven't seen too much about that in the previews yet. But we shall see because.
Speaker 2: They did exchange words. We know that. Let's take a listen to ky Michelle in Portia. From the way that the edit looks ina I have.
Speaker 1: Lift not live, I'm so has your body?
Speaker 3: Okay, glory home.
Speaker 2: So we'll just have to stay tuned see what's going on.
Speaker 1: So, speaking of storylines, narratives, all the things that come with being somebody.
Speaker 2: Of influence, Ariana Grande.
Speaker 1: There was a statement that was released by her team confirming that she is going to take a step back from the spotlight for an extended break after she finishes her Eternal Sunshine towards.
Speaker 2: And the reason for that, the rep says, is because of a lot.
Speaker 1: Of the scrutiny that she's been getting surrounding her health and her body.
Speaker 2: So here's the statement.
Speaker 1: After her Eternal Sunshine tour wraps and London on September first, a singer who is thirty three years old, she's going to be stepping away and this is the statement was given by Ariana Grande's rep two People magazine, So this is from People Magazine. She will be stepping away from the public eye as scrutiny surrounding her health and body intensifies. So the rep continues, Ariana will be taking a step back from visibility after she completes the Eternal Sunshine Tour.
Speaker 2: She looks forward to finishing the tour.
Speaker 1: And ending it on a high note, both healthily and happy, and then taking a much need to break from public facing work and appearances which has led to endless ongrowing public scrutiny. This tour has been a beautiful experience for her. She loves her fans and has loved every minute of this tour so much. She performed a very physical show and there's a lot of athleticism involved. She performs healthily and successfully at a very high level, night after night. So you know, because of this, they say that Arianna Grande is no longer going to be appearing in the West End revival of Stephen Sodom's Sunday in the Park with George. So she's taking a step back from work that I was supposed to open at London's Barbican Center next summer, and she was going to be doing that with Jonathan Bailey, who she did Wicked with. They were he was going to be opposite her. But yeah, so she's taking a step back, and y'all know what's crazy. I feel like Ariana Grande and Cynthia or Rivo when they were on that Wicked Tour run I knew. I I've heard Cynthia Rivo talk about, you know why she felt like she got so much jokes and means about her appearance on that tour. We'll get into that. She says that it is because she's a black woman, and that is the and it particularly it was the moment where she jumped in front of this guy who was like a fanan who like jumped over like almost like barricades at a red carpet to get to Ariana Grande and Cynthia a Revo jumped in front of her.
Speaker 2: To just make sure she was okay.
Speaker 1: Because Ariana has talked about suffering from like anxiety and different things.
Speaker 2: She's been through a lot. But the crazy part of that is, I feel like that.
Speaker 1: Time period from them has like changed forever the way that they're going to interact with fans in the public. I mean, we know that Ariana Grande has been through other things that publicly have you know, really changed the way that she interacts with There was the bombing that took place at the concert that the Ariana Grande concert back in twenty seventeen.
Speaker 2: There were at least nineteen.
Speaker 1: People killed and fifty people injured at the concert in Manchester in England. I think it's a celebrities have such a like you think about something like that, you think about you know, you're on a red carpet, a man is jumping literally jumping over the carpet at you, and you're already dealing with a lot of like society societal like thoughts, pressures, like you're scared all the time because you don't know who's coming at you for a reason, like it is a nerve wrecking thing.
Speaker 2: I'm sure at the height that she.
Speaker 1: Is dealing with it at But I think celebrities have such a different experience with fans and supporters nowadays because of social media as well too.
Speaker 2: I think social media, even if you.
Speaker 1: Are Ariana Grande who isn't really accessible, like Ariana Grande is not posting YouTube videos every day and on stream and giving us her life story all the time, and you know, like she's still there are some things about her that are still very like you know that school is celebrity like a Zendea or a Tom Holland is in where things are kept to herself. It's very regarded. You're not just gonna be able to walk up and get to her. But at the same time, because of social media, because of how what you're seeing her on your timeline and other celebrities, I think that, you know, supporters feel like people in celebrities. People celebrities as people are very accessible and I think that there's no boundary anymore of like understanding it, like these are also people too. They just have a job that they're doing. But safety should matter for them as well too. Boundaries should matter for them as well too. And I think that it has changed the dynamic between the fan experience in the celebrity experience. And I think about I want to go see the Michael Jackson movie. I saw the Jackson's Instagram posts that they're going to be doing a series all about Joe Jackson as the Jackson's manager, to which we'll watch and we'll talk about here. But I think about Michael Jackson after watching the Michael Jackson movie and how famous he was at that height, like social media was not really a thing, you know, there was so much that hadn't happened yet technology wise, imagine if it had how overly personified that would have been. And then you have people nowhere near as famous as Michael Jackson, Like I don't think anybody will ever be as famous as Michael jacks but you do have big celebrities still, it's very few far in between, because we have Internet personalities who, don't get me wrong, are in the celebrity lane. But I think the way that they maneuver their lives, they're way more accessible. They want you to know, way more, they want you to they want to bring you in way more. You have celebrities who don't want to do all that, who grow up in a school learning from Michael Jackson or other big Hollywood names like a Ariana Grande or Cynthia Rivo, who are just too true creators who want to put certain things out into the world, and the people don't be having it at all, especially in this go viral, go home society.
Speaker 2: She's done with it.
Speaker 1: I just hope that she is in a healthy space, like physically, and that you know her because it's like she's taking a step back during a time where people are noticing, you know that she is thinner, visibly thinner. So I just hope that she's taking care of herself. And I hope that even if she's struggling with how to take care of herself while performing at such a high level, dealing with you know, all the pressure and anxiety that come with the job that she has, this time that she's taking off, she's going to really focus on, you know, rebuilding her arsenal of tools to.
Speaker 2: Be able to do that.
Speaker 1: Because I think a lot of times, like you'll hear like Ariana Grandez, because she's such a big celebrity, she's rich, she's very successful. It's like all right, champagne problems, Like come on, girl, like you got the career, you got everything going when you're in some of the biggest movies of the last like you know, biggest projects of the last like two three years, you.
Speaker 2: Know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Like people can look at this and be like complaining, complaining and complaining. But also the girls had a key key about all the memes and the viral moments. But I think there's a real conversation that she's been trying to have for some time just about what she's battling and quiet that I don't think people really hear or pay too much attention to or love to sit to the side because the means and stuff are funny. So I hope that she's actually tapping back into what she needs to be. Okay, And I think I will say it is a it's not a never before seen thing because we've had celebrities take a step back. We've had celebrities we forced to take a step back Britney Spears when she was fifty one fifty back in two thousand and eight.
Speaker 2: This it gets crazy.
Speaker 1: It does like every level comes with new devils and you got to learn how to balance it all. You got to learn how to like to let somebody know when you're struggling with doing all that. And that's why I was when I saw this statement, I'm like, damn, Like they didn't drug sist into the ground. She is tired, Okay, she is over it. But at the same time, I was like, you know, it's a really big thing to say. Yo, I'm gonna take a break, I'm gonna start working. She got the money, she got she cool, she got the brand.
Speaker 2: She'll be able to do it.
Speaker 1: But a lot of us that work in this industry for like out of sight, out of mind. So I understand, like you know, she's on a run right now, like Wicked. I mean they say, you know, the the second installation of Wicked wasn't as good as the first. But like Wicked and all the projects that she has happening like these last couple of years, she's if yuh, she's dominated for the last I would say, like what like five to seven years from music to television.
Speaker 2: Projects, the movies.
Speaker 1: Taking a set back is a big deal and a big decision to make it. So I'm proud of her for making it. But it's not easy at all. So I think when people are speaking, we should listen.
Speaker 2: Y'all would be looking. We all are guilty of having a little laugh, a little key key, but we should listen. I'm Lona Rosa.
Speaker 1: This has been another episode of the Latest with Laurna Rosa. I tell y'all all the time, y'all could be anywhere with any old body. My low rider's talking about all of the things, but you guys choose to be right here with me.
Speaker 2: I appreciate you, guys. I'll catch you in my next episode.