Speaker 1: Hey, folks, Kamala Harris makes history. But here's the thing, she never even mentioned it in her acceptance speech. Also, who told you Beyonce was going to perform at the DNC. Turns out the rumors, the buzz, the anticipation were all wrong. And what the hell is a low te soy boy? And why it matters in this election? And with that, everybody welcomes to Amy and TJ Robes. Kamala Harris nailed it in her speech. And the reason I know that is because Fox News told me she nailed it. We do this now. We don't just watch one network or one cable network. When you flicked around last night and got immediate reaction, you could tell from the Fox News folks that she got it right.
Speaker 2: It's so interesting, and we've talked about this, but we encourage everyone, especially in these next seventy plus days, to check out all the channels because you will see two very different versions of the same thing based on who you're watching. But to your point, yes, you know that there is some concern potentially among Republicans for what we saw last night when you see Fox News not going straight in for the kill, and that does happen almost every other time.
Speaker 1: Every single time, you'll turn on one network and they say this is the greatest speech we've ever seen in political history, and the other one is say Foxes will say this is the worst speech I think has ever been delivered modern in the modern area. That wasn't last night. Immediate reaction from all of them was not necessarily I won't even say not just immediately critical, but it was complementary in a way, and saying she did the job and understood the assignment in that speech, and so to hear that was my first indication of just how well she had done.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and look, she's not known for giving riveting, powerful speeches, and yet last night she did exactly what she needed to do with just a few weeks prep time, because remember she just got the novel, or she just was handed this potential position a matter of weeks ago, so everything had to flip on its head from the lineup to what we were going to see over.
Speaker 3: The last four days.
Speaker 2: So it was you have to, at least, regardless of where you stand politically, give her and the people around her credit for pulling that off so quickly.
Speaker 1: Month and a day, a month and a day before she got on stage. Joe Biden was still supposed to be the nominee. He dropped out a month and a day before she got on stage. That's just remarkable. So her, there's not really an assessment or you have plenty of folks out there who'll tell you and give you an assessment of the speech and break it down politically. I was though, Roades, we couldn't miss it because who knows when we might see this again in our lives, because we've never seen it before, the country hasn't seen it before. A black woman is a major party nominee for president and it wasn't even mentioned last night in our speech.
Speaker 3: Isn't it remarkable?
Speaker 2: I mean, you saw the powerful the visual of the women out in the audience who were all dressed in white, notably honoring women's suffrage over one hundred years ago.
Speaker 3: So that was a pretty cool thing.
Speaker 2: And I saw women openly weeping listening to Kamala speaking for most likely what you just mentioned. Yet she never said it, she never acknowledged it. She's just the second woman to be given this opportunity within the Democratic Party, and she would of course become the first woman and notably, yes, first black woman, first woman of East Asian descent to take on that position, and yet she didn't point that out, and I'm sure that was a very deliberate thing. She wanted to be powerful, and not that women can't be powerful, but she wanted to be relatable and powerful, and I think if those were her two goals, she absolutely nailed it.
Speaker 1: You said, just because she's a woman doesn't have to be powerful, But I think that does play in it, right, And so much talk about feminine and masculine during the DNC in particular R and C as well. We're going to get into that in a second.
Speaker 2: But.
Speaker 1: It's okay to say that out loud, that there sometimes is an extra burden on women, whether that's in the in the office on the Upper West Side here in New York or president presidential politics, there's some you have to make sure you exude some level of strength and power and command.
Speaker 2: It is a tough needle to thread for a woman in her position or who is seeking a powerful position. Look what happened to Hillary. She wasn't warm enough, she wasn't likable enough, you know, So you've got to strike this balance as a woman in this type of position to exude warmth and at the same time exude strength. And you even mentioned at some points when we were watching her speech, is she yelling?
Speaker 3: You know? She had to come on strong and forcefully.
Speaker 2: This is a woman who's going to potentially have the nuclear codes, and she has to be able to invade countries or protect democracy, all.
Speaker 3: Of these things.
Speaker 2: So she has to exude a real strength that we have to feel and believe. And that's a tough thing to do sometimes because at the same time, as a woman, you have to be likable, and you have to be kind, and you have to be you know, it's just all exaust it is And I thought she did nail it, and that's a tough thing to do.
Speaker 1: And look, she met the moment and that moment was history that I watching it, I wanted to be and I was you have to be proud just of your country in the moment. Forget everything else. Look at what we did as a country. Look this is happening in the country. That's kind of incredible. The short list Jeraldine Ferraro, Sarah Palin, and Kamala Harris only three women to be nominated as VP. Of course, kama is the only one who has won. But now we're not that far from I mean, Hillary Clinton wasn't that long ago. She was the first. We just don't have. I mean, all the Michelle Bachman's of the world, and the Kloba Jars and Nicky Haley, all those women that have it seemed like they're everywhere in politics and major party politics. But this was still and this is new to us to see what we saw last night, and I want it to be and I was so proud to see this black woman up there doing this thing and proud of the country. But then it was like, I don't say it was a letdown, but it's almost a compliment too that we didn't focus on it, that we maybe do expect this to be the next thing, and this is just who we are now and how we rolled and maybe that's the Maybe that's the best takeaway.
Speaker 2: And you know what, now that you mentioned it in that context, I love that she didn't mention that she or point out that she's a woman, that she's a black woman, that she's a woman of color. I think it's pretty cool that she above all of that and just went for basically, if you didn't know her, she was introducing herself for people who do. She was reintroducing herself and her story, and at the same time she really did get into policy, and she went after Trump wholeheartedly, which I didn't know that she was going to do. I mean, the speakers who had led up to her had all chosen to do that as well, because you know, Democrats, I think have and they have pointed out that this is a joyful campaign, and yet at the same time they understand that they have to at this point point out who not to vote for it, not just to vote for them, but and I hate that that's where we are in politics, but I think that's where we've always been.
Speaker 1: You know, so many of these things. I often do feel the same. It seems like every speech Theatic Convention is about change, about the future. It's about going forward, it's about not going back. It's about giving out an alternative and being the fresh face and we're going to turn the They all into that degree feel the same. She felt, in part, this has been there, but a lot of people in the country wanted an alternative to two old white guys. Yeah, and so a lot of those folks look at that last night and go, Okay, he's capable. We're good. You can at least feel that if you're not into democratic left and right and all this. She just gave another option to what we are used to in this country, which is a bunch of old white dudes on Capitol Hill telling everybody what they can and can't do, and oftentimes the complaint is telling women what they can and can't do with their bodies. So just to turn the page from those guys might be appealing outside of just party line.
Speaker 2: I certainly think it is. It was appealing to me that, you know, it's funny. We've been watching, especially with the Democrats this week, go long and late, so it was nice to see her to be on time and brief.
Speaker 3: I was looking this up.
Speaker 2: She has one of the shortest acceptance speeches in campaign history, so hers was only thirty eight minutes. It's the twelfth shortest in modern history. Guess where Trump falls on that. We watched his speech as well.
Speaker 3: For the RNC.
Speaker 1: The first, second, and third longest convention speeches ever given were all done by mister Donald J.
Speaker 2: T All surprised and by the way he was speaking sort of the entire time. Kamala Harris was giving her speech he went on to a truth social the social media. I guess it's company that he is, I guess the largest owner in. But he was refuting and that was pretty smart on his part because he still was getting a lot of attention online and certainly in news publications as Kamala was speaking, he was refuting her points. You know, he's always been fairly brilliant when it comes to his tactics, and he was, Yeah, he managed to at least, I wouldn't say share the spotlight, but at least continue to have the spotlight on him while Kamala was speaking.
Speaker 1: And you know, how do you we all have gotten into this habit now. I don't know why. Sometimes I take a step back because it feels disrespectful. We all call her Kamala.
Speaker 3: Oh you know what, you make a good point of Kamala Harris.
Speaker 1: Everybody everybody called her Kamala, Kamala Kama. We're not calling him Donald nobody. And it's I mean, her name is first name, and it's it stands out and but yeah, it's something about it feels disrespectful to me. Do not call her VP Harris.
Speaker 3: That's actually a really good point.
Speaker 2: I think it's funny even though I think they leaned into it a little bit last night with Carrie Washington with her with uh Kamala Harris's I think they were her grand nieces.
Speaker 3: They were adorable.
Speaker 2: But because Donald Trump mispronounces her name, Carrie was saying potentially deliberately, which would be disrespectful. So just in fun, they had the whole audience say her name Kama Lakama La so that no one would get it wrong. So Kamala was a big part of the evening and embracing that name.
Speaker 3: Said that all the signs said Kamala. They didn't say Harris. So you know, I don't know if it's disrespectful, but they've certainly leaned into it.
Speaker 1: I don't I don't think it is for what they're doing with the campaign, just saying for me, it feels a little weird. I guess just from our background in our history.
Speaker 3: We ever say George when we're talking about George W.
Speaker 2: Bush, right, I mean, and that is true, And but we did say Hillary, but maybe that's because the other Clinton was Bill. You know, I don't know, but that is a that is true. And yeah, and funny enough, you only called me by my last name and people.
Speaker 1: Think I'm being disrespectful by doing that. That's true.
Speaker 2: You call me Rovaca Robes and people are like, why don't you just call her by her name, Andy, You're being disrespectful.
Speaker 3: Can't win? I have thought about that.
Speaker 2: What do you do?
Speaker 1: Oh, that's just a little thing from last night. I did think her best most effect, I really thought it was effective, was the making the point about being a prosecutor and she's only had one client. I love that because it was very easy to understand I've only had one client, the people. I'd like, that's kind of effective when you're about to run.
Speaker 3: For president, she said from the courthouse to the White House.
Speaker 1: I just I've only represented the people, and then made the comparison saying Trump is only represented himself.
Speaker 3: He's only had one client.
Speaker 1: He's the one client. So I thought that was maybe one of her most effective and I was surprised to hear her be as effective as she was. On foreign policy, this was the one I thought she nailed, comparing Trump to a tyrant and said he would cozy up to them and then the Israel Gaza. That line she was written, it looks good on paper, and she delivered that line well.
Speaker 3: She truly did.
Speaker 2: She obviously made it very clear that she and her party stand with the people of Israel, but also made a very big nod to the people of Gaza and the atrocities and the absolute horrific, horrific attacks they've endured and the losses that they've felt. So she did thread that needle very well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and to her line quote, in this war, such that Israel is secure, the hostages are released, the suffering in Gaza ends, and the Palestine and people can realize their right to dignity, security, freedom and self determination. It's I think a lot of that debate has been going on and around you know, dinner tables and around the water cooler, that you can be supportive of one but also your heart can go out to the suffering of another. There are people who are suffering. She did that in the most human of ways, but also as a politician and delivering a policy statement. I thought that was that that came for me, came out. I know, like, wow, that's good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I don't think, like to your point, I don't think a lot of people were expecting her to go there. And I also think, look, regardless of where you are, how she went about attacking Trump was very effective, perhaps maybe just to her own party. I don't know how many Independence and and even other Republicans who she's obviously trying to bring over. We saw a former US Congressman, Adam Kissinger.
Speaker 3: I always say his name right? Wrong? Is I say?
Speaker 2: There?
Speaker 1: How many times we interviewed this.
Speaker 2: You know what?
Speaker 3: I can never say his name right?
Speaker 1: Practice his name every time Adam Kinsinger.
Speaker 2: Kinsinger, see I want to say, like, Henry Kissinger gets in my head and then I can't say his name.
Speaker 1: He's not coming out.
Speaker 3: But I thought that was.
Speaker 2: A really powerful moment when he came out and spoke. We've interviewed him several times, as we've mentioned, and he was one of two Republicans who was on the January sixth committee, so we already knew where he stood, and he's been very vocal about his.
Speaker 3: Anti Trump feelings.
Speaker 2: But to actually speak in front of the DNC was I thought a pretty powerful thing. But to then see where Kamala went when she went after Trump. She certainly spent a lot of her speech talking about what the risks would be of having another Trump term.
Speaker 1: Yes, and that's to be expected. The only time I get well a little uncomfortable. Don't like when we pit It's one thing to say this person is wrong for the country, but to oftentimes we put anybody who supports that candidate into a particular box of also being evil and wrong and how could you? And that's how we have conversations with friends and family, people on the street. Sometimes, right, you support that person, then you must be a baby killer, You must hate the poor, you must we don't we Sometimes I hate that we split each other up as groups. That way, you are still an American and still can be a decent person no matter which one of these people you actually support.
Speaker 3: Yes, I agree.
Speaker 2: So going after this specific candidate talking about policy differences or even political styles, that's fine. But yes, when you start grouping in the people who support Trump versus the people who support Kamala Harris, that is not. That's where we get into just I think that's when we fall apart as a country.
Speaker 3: Without a doubt.
Speaker 1: At the beginning, it was long in the.
Speaker 2: Bier you were wondering where she was going with this. It was interesting. I don't know that I've ever heard of presidential candidate talk about the kind of music she likes to listen to growing up. But she got very specific with how she was raised and the influences in her life. And she was a great storyteller. She's obviously a great prosecutor. She knows how to build a case, and that's what she was doing. She was building a case for herself. You know, That's what I was thinking when I was listening to her. Wow, she knows how to talk to a jury, she knows how to talk to a judge, she knows how to win the room.
Speaker 3: And that's what she was doing.
Speaker 1: That's exactly what I thought, because you obviously, you and I have been around and seen more prosecutors and attorneys, probably more than most. But when it comes to listing things and alliteration, she was absolutely prosecutorial. Yes, up there on stage down, and it's very effective when you are delivering a speech. I was looking, you know, I was texting. I was texting Chuck last night about the speech, and you're talking about it's kind of waiting on it to do.
Speaker 3: People know what Chuck is, Uh, I don't know.
Speaker 1: A friend of mine, friend of mine, and that was my thing, and he's a very big supporter of Democrat And I was like, what's going on here? Like, where are we going with the speech? Three laughing emojis and says be patient, motherfucker. This is what he wrote. I wrote back, dude, now we're talking about daycare and Uncle Freddy. To your point, she was talking about a lot of things like specific.
Speaker 2: Families, names of neighbors and yes, friends, what's going on?
Speaker 1: And he throws back, it's early. Be patient, And sure enough I had to say, Okay, she brought it out. She did once she she put her story together, and then once she started talking talking about she found a stride and an energy and performative, she nailed it. Yeah, I mean, you have to be a good performer.
Speaker 2: When you just mentioned what Chuck sent to you the expletive, well, that just reminded me. We heard Kamala Harris. Now I feel bad, just say Kamala cursing. She in one of the videos that led up to her, she dropped an F bomb. They bleeped it out, and then she actually when she quoted her mom said, asked right, half asked, So that was you know, that was obviously true strategic as well.
Speaker 3: And my thought was that that was her being strong. She was a badass. She's not some weak woman.
Speaker 2: She's a she's a strong prosecutor, and she she can talk the talk, she can walk the walk. I wondered how many people that might have turned off, however, but it was a choice.
Speaker 1: But why if it was a choice, why for strength?
Speaker 2: I think strength and curse. You know, there's just yeah, I'm like you, I get down and dirty, edgy, know how to Yeah, I know how to say what I need to say when I need to say it, and I won't back down.
Speaker 3: It's just there's a there's a posturing to that. I think.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it's cathartic too, but yes, it's a choice to do it on that stage.
Speaker 1: I was surprised how little they talked about Joe Biden. But now it makes sense, but I was still surprised.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she thanked him right off the top. And did we hear his name again? We did, actually, so I was googling it because I never I was listening for it, and I don't remember hearing her ever say his name again. Yep. And no one really wrote anything about that, but it definitely was notable.
Speaker 1: She got it. She got everybody, all the dudes out of the way. Thank you, husband, Doug, thank you, Joe Biden, Thank you Tim, Tim Waltz. All right, let's get to Kamala now. Yeah, then move right on. And I can understand why I was still just with Joe Biden. That was I guess I was anticipating her to say a whole lot more in that regard, but it didn't happen. And the thing, we watched a lot of coverage leading up to her speed and it seemed like every few minutes, some reporter on the floor was asking somebody in the audience about the much anticipated special guests that was supposed to come out last night. People were buzzing, was this went nuts?
Speaker 3: And it was all what was leading up to last night?
Speaker 2: And then all through the night I was getting text from someone who had a friend reporting and even they from the convention floor in Chicago was saying that Beyonce was waiting backstage and was about to come on stage.
Speaker 3: That's high big.
Speaker 2: The rumor had gotten that people reporters on the floor were saying that Beyonce was in the wings, like was there?
Speaker 3: And I was laughing when it never happened. And did this all come about?
Speaker 2: Because one someone on the Harris campaign tweeted something or put a bee at the end of an ex a tweet and everyone just inferred that meant that the beehive Beyonce was going to be there.
Speaker 1: I don't know there was before that. That was some anonymous person on Twitter that something took off saying that you thought was essentially saying you thought Oprah was big, just way to coming next. How many people can you count in the world that are going to be a bigger deal than Oprah? Maybe not a whole lot, maybe one, maybe two, but those two were talked about. There was a lot of Taylor Swift, but the Beyonce one seemed real. From what you're talking about. Was the White House political direction, Yes, it is directors a big deal.
Speaker 2: She claimed that her daughter got her phone and put the bee emoji or I don't know there was the daughter. I think actually that was pretty smart because people might have just tuned in to see Beyonce.
Speaker 1: Well, they were disappointed last night. The other thing that finally was the final stamp on this is happening, TMZ reported TMZ flat out came out and said Beyonce is going to perform. They said she is in Chicago and is going to perform at the DNC. Now credit to TMZ, they have gained such a reputation when they say something, I believe it because they were how many deaths have they broken? How many stories have they broken? And absolutely right when nobody else had a clue. So congrats to them. But they got this one wrong.
Speaker 2: I mean I think everyone did. I'm telling you, I actually that was one of the biggest rumors that never happened.
Speaker 3: It's true.
Speaker 2: I can't think of something recently where more people got it wrong.
Speaker 1: Here you TMZ, and I quote Beyonce is in Chicago and getting ready to pop out for Kamala Harris on the final night of the DNC. TMZ has learned yep, multiple sources in the know tell us she'll be the big surprise performer. They absolutely say that it's a huge deal for Harris and the party. But as in Chicago were told Chicago PD is on high alert and it's involved in security for Beyonce at the United Center Arena. They reported that to their credit robes and we don't see this enough. Nine thirty pm last night, they say, to quote the great Beyonce, we gotta lay our cards down, down, down, down down. We got this one wrong.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that is cool to see that, to read that nobody doesn't nobody does that we.
Speaker 1: Messed up, are bad Like TMZ is one of the most respected news sources out there now because at least if they get it wrong, they'll come back and say so, I appreciate that. I appreciate it as well. But this thing took off. It's all folks were talking about.
Speaker 2: Oh it was. I was getting texts, like I said, from from people who I know who insisted she was backstage.
Speaker 1: I see her now.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's kind.
Speaker 2: Of what it seemed like to me. I was like, whoa, oh wow, okay, this is happening. And it did not and was not. But yeah, that kudos to TMZ for for owning it and not even making an excuse about it, just saying we got it wrong.
Speaker 1: That's as simple as that. We would have tried to places.
Speaker 2: Here's why because of this, and it's not really my fault because this person told me and then that, so what was I supposed to do.
Speaker 3: It's actually a nice.
Speaker 2: Reminder of the power of just saying I'm wrong or I was wrong and not saying anything else, just leaving it at that. Politicians could learn from that moment.
Speaker 1: Teaching relationship lessons. Just own it. I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: In marriages, relationships, politics, the rule applies everywhere.
Speaker 3: Admit that you're wrong and move on.
Speaker 1: Nailed it again. You give them credit, but to think that we believe what TMZ says because they have been right so often. And it didn't help that they said that the they were like sound checks going on in the convention center that was playing Beyonce's song Freedom.
Speaker 2: Which which is the campaign song, campaign song, so it makes sense too. I mean, that is the song that has been playing, I believe one of when they were asking about the rumors of whether or not Beyonce was going to perform, one of the folks in Harris's campaign said, well, Beyonce has been on every night because the song has been playing throughout the entire convention, and certainly she's been a part of it, just she wasn't physically there.
Speaker 1: You know what I've been This is only me, maybe some others, but you know how much I have been into the old Drake and Kendrick back and for well, yes, so to see the d I wasn't even thinking about it. So I'm watching DNC coverage and then I hear Kendrick rapping in the arena, because he, of course is the guest artist on that song Freedom, so to hear I'm hearing his voice pipe through the DNC on that song, and I'm waiting for him to say mother F the Big Three. It's just big me like I'm waiting for That's where my head was.
Speaker 3: But that don't happen either.
Speaker 1: And do you know what, I've never heard of it before, and I'm still trying to pieces together what the hell is a soy boy?
Speaker 3: So I had to google it.
Speaker 2: You asked me, and I said unclear, and then it made a little more sense when I and apparently this phrase has been around for a while. But look, I only really know about this because I'm a breast cancer survivor, and there was a big concern that at one point that if you are a breast cancer survivor specifically, you should avoid soy products because they can produce an estrogen like I think it's a plant estrogen, but it mimics human estrogen in the body. To be clear, it is not a danger and it is okay for any breast cancer patients or survivor to have soy But however, the implication is that there's estrogen involved. So when you call someone a soy boy, you're saying they're feminine or a base or less masculine.
Speaker 3: Maybe at the very least.
Speaker 1: I had, I had no idea. So trending last night was this thing? What was it?
Speaker 3: Home Ago oh tee, soy boy, so low teston Lowton testerone, soy boy. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And this has come about now because there's been this whole talk this week about the Democratic Party of what we've been seeing being too feminine, a lack of masculinity. And I guess Dana Bash from CNN kind of set all of this off in kind of describing the type of men who would be supportive of Democrats or of Kamala Harris versus the type of men who would be supportive of Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she said, they're talking about the DNC. They're they're doing so trying to put forward male figures, Tim Waltz being one of them. Doug m Hoff, who of course is Kamala Harris's husband, who can speak to men out there who might not be the sort of testosterone laden, gun toting kind of guy who wants to listen to Hulk Hogan and the kind of players that came out of the RNC. Hulk Hogan, we all remember just a few weeks ago at the RNC was up there and in classic Hall Cogan fashion, ripped off his shirt. So you know, she was comparing that to what we're seeing the men. And so what I actually thought was pretty funny was that one of the commentators on Fox said, she literally said that Tim Waltz appeals to low te beta males. What is funny is that both Democrats and Republicans will cheer for this for completely opposite reasons. And that actually is just so true.
Speaker 1: And what are we doing?
Speaker 2: I mean, why do we want to pigeonhole any man or any group of men for one or the other.
Speaker 1: We are trying to, on two sides define what masculine is or should be. But the is it not all of those things? Is there not one? I have to be this rough and gruff dude, who does like this sport? Who does like this type of beer? Who does have a gun? Who?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Why? And I've seen guys in Central Park with matching jogging suits pushing a double stroller. That's masculinity too, like it all? Why are we saying it has to be this.
Speaker 2: Or that, And I actually hope that this wasn't any sort of implication, but it is frustrating, I will say, to imply even that you need to be a beta male or a low tea mail to be willing to vote for a woman as president. And I think that was part of it. And I don't that's something that I think everyone should be offended by.
Speaker 1: But it's going to be effective, is it not. And certainly in some parts of the country she has been talked about you plenty already folks that she does not do well with men, or she needs to certainly do better with men.
Speaker 3: So now I don't know this helps, right, I mean, if that's like the mantra that oh you know.
Speaker 2: And also this is this concept of being like, you know, the intellectual elite and you know, just subdued, like not that not the alpha male who's out there you know, on his ATV, in his camo. You know that that all of those things can be true about one person. It's just frustrating to any time we're trying to stereotype. What also, what defines gender, what defines masculinity, what defines femininity? It I just this is a dangerous place to go when it comes to politics, especially when you have a woman running for president.
Speaker 1: And I seem to end, Look, this was the party is now in the hands of a woman, of a black woman, and you know what's that That's gonna take probably some people a little while to get comfortable with, and some people might not ever embrace that and ever want to support that or even give give it a chance. And certainly doesn't help when that party and that person is telling you you, some estrogen filled dude, if you're over here, then a lot of guys are going to say, well, hell yeah, I'm solidly over here. They got to double down on the masculinity on the other side. I just hey, black folks like this, and a lot of groups to be like, why are you trying to We can be this, We can be that. Being black does not mean we have this one particular black experience. It's a lot of things. And now we're doing this with men. It was talked about a lot because we end Carvill's old comments James Carvill, what was it the what is a preachy women? They said? The party, he said, the party is appears now like a bunch of preachy women telling folks what to do, or that it was an over feminization, something along those lines is what he did say. Those comments came back up, and Hey, I just don't want to have what we talk about race politics, We talk about how we split each other so often.
Speaker 3: Now it's gender.
Speaker 1: Now it's gender and sub gender.
Speaker 3: You're right within the gender. What kind of man are you?
Speaker 1: Yes, that's it. That's the line. What kind of man are you? And that will determine who you vote for.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, I don't think this is going away. Oh it's because especially yeah, especially if if the problem for Kamala Harris is male voters. Oh, this is this is going to get even bigger and unclear.
Speaker 1: Of man are you? Where do you? Where do I fall on that spectrum of masculinity?
Speaker 2: You know what, It's cool because I actually think you are like a classic example of being both. I mean, watching you with Sabine and being a girl dad, I see so many endearing qualities that aren't you know, you know, gruff and tough, but they're kind and soft and gentle, and I think I love that men can be all those things. And of course you're extremely masculine in a million other ways. So it's yeah. I mean, I just think it's crazy you have camel pants on right now as I'm looking at you, But that that's just this, it's just a silly I won't but you do have camel pants on right now. Yeah, you embody so much of what you know that masculinity.
Speaker 3: Is, but also there's femininely.
Speaker 2: We all have all like I'm not I'm not you know, a girly girl or you know it's I just think that's so silly when we start pointing fingers like that and trying to dissect people, and especially in this era we're in where gender, we've got non binary, we've got like, let's like, can we please get off this now? I mean, this is taking it to a whole other level.
Speaker 1: Can you just be I'm a man and she's a woman, and some people are both and some people whatever, and it's kind of it's okay, Now I have to Now I have to fill out the application further, I can't just click mail.
Speaker 3: Are you a soy boy.
Speaker 1: Boy?
Speaker 2: Are you a testoster? And Ron Leaden Man, Maybe it's just I don't even know. I don't even know where we're going with this.
Speaker 1: That'll be talked about, but it was a hell of a night for her. And it's the incredible part is that kamal Aires, now, after we saw last night obviously a celebration, there was history there, there was a lot happening. But she not too long ago, was one of the most unpopular vice presidents we have ever no excuse me, in history. She has pulled lower than Dick Cheney in terms of popularity. And at the end of last year she was around thirty five thirty six percent approval. That is wildly low, just at the end of last year. And to think now it's turned around to this point that they didn't want him so much that they went they were talking about kicking her off the ticket because she would drag the ticket down because of her low approval approval rating. That was eight nine months ago, and here we are. This is all incredible. You never know, she said it at some point and Robes you and I could talk about there's plenty you do not know what your journey is going to be to get you to where you're supposed to be. It might not look like you want it, it might not be traditional. Look at all that had to happen for her to get to where she is embrace the moment, and she did. Yeah.
Speaker 2: She actually said throughout her campaigns for attorney general, etc.
Speaker 3: That she was always.
Speaker 2: Always underconsidered and people didn't expect her to do as well as she did. And you know, that's not always a bad position to be in. When people don't expect much from you, you can wow them.
Speaker 3: And that's what she did last night for sure.
Speaker 2: And you know, she's like, I've always been underestimated and look at us now, and I think they did a really good job I hate to say this of humanizing her, but you know, we saw that happening at the RNC with Trump and his family members coming up and having very impressive children and grandchildren. So you're like, okay, you know I mean, and you just see them as humans. You don't see them just as these politicians who were rattling off talking points, but you actually see the human side of them. They did a really good job of that last night as well with Kamala Harris. And you know what, I will say this after watching this speech her speech last night, we watched Trump's speech, was it was a long, long night. We watched Trump's speech as well, and I thought he did a very good job I was very impressed with his speech as well. So I am very much looking forward to September tenth, how about you.
Speaker 1: That's everything. September tenth has to be. The election is going to be decided that day, quite possibly. And look, we always talk about inn October surprise. We've seen it plenty. There's plenty that's going to happen. She's going to get a bump after this, all the polling. I'm looking as we were talking and just all glowing news alerts. Everybody's going to be getting this more about how great she did and how wonderful it was and contrasting Trump, and she is about to get a pretty decent bump. What do they say, three to five point something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And that happens almost with every convention. And the question is how long will it last? Will it last seventy days? Most certainly not.
Speaker 1: All this stuff's coming and just it's what it goes, these things, evan flow. So she's having her moment, and it's good that she had it.
Speaker 2: And so here we go September tenth. I think we know what we're doing that night, as will the rest of the country. And I do think what you said is true and especially think about it. That debate ended Joe Biden's presidential run, It ended his political career, and those debates matter and they mean something. And I think especially now when people a lot of people are undecided, and that debate will most likely be the reason why people vote for either Donald Trump or Kamala Harris.
Speaker 1: So, folks, we always appreciate you hanging with us, listening for a bit. Found us on our official show page on Instagram, at Amy and TJ Podcast. But for now history made. They were expecting two black women last night, only one showed up. Sorry, behive