Speaker 1: This is the Ben and Ashley I Almost Famous podcast with our radio.
Speaker 2: It's time for Bachelornation headlines.
Speaker 3: We're here this week.
Speaker 2: I'm almostening to this podcast breaking down everything good, bad, ugly anddifferent happening within Bachelor Nation.
Speaker 3: Ashley, we have.
Speaker 2: The first big headline of the week. The Bachelor alum Daisy can't reveal she and boyfriend Thor. What an incredible can you believe? No, just I have a picture in my mind of him right now. I think I've seen him a few times, but like in my mind, I'm thinking, like hot guy.
Speaker 4: He doesn't look like Thor whatsoever. Like he's not attractive, but he's not like this big burly Thor. He does not go along with his name.
Speaker 2: They're now roommates, Ashley. What's happening here? Like I'm assuming they're living together is the headline?
Speaker 5: Their roommates.
Speaker 4: In the way that they are now the roommates, it's a funny way of saying she's living with her boyfriend out. She met him in San Diego at school San Diego State University, and when he told her initially, hey, I'm from Las Vegas, she was like, Wow, people live in Vegas, Like as a real thing, and he was like, yeah, and now here she is. They just moved to Vegas, they built the house, and right now they're moving all her stuff. They're going back and forth on road trips because it's four hours from la which is where she was living, moving all the stuff over.
Speaker 2: It feels like this would be different if they just from Vegas. No, building the house together feels like we're looking I'm just gonna assume we're looking at this step now to engagement, Like you don't build a house with somebody without seriously thinking that your future.
Speaker 3: Is with them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, totally agree.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, speaking of building houses with people, Caitlin Bristow, she suddenly defends herself a mid rumors she's dating Adams ex Zach Clark. Wait, I thought these rumors started two years ago.
Speaker 5: Well they have. It's not been two years. Let's not push it.
Speaker 4: But it has been over a year since Caitlin and Zach were first spotted at that New Year's Eve party on Instagram and people saw them, but they haven't really been seen very much since then. Maybe a dinner or two in New York City based on a good rosy camera.
Speaker 5: Yeah, right, Well, anyway, Tasha had.
Speaker 4: Something to do with Bumble's TikTok account, like a takeover or something like that, and somebody asked whether dating a best friend's ex was a pro or a con, and of course she said no, who dates a best friend's ex? And then a fan taed Caitlin and said something along the line of take notes like, hey, Caitlin, you shouldn't date your best friend's X, to which Caitlin responded with they said best friend And to Schae, Caitlyn and Tasha weren't never best friends, nothing even close to it. Apparently they had tension throughout them co hosting the show. So, guys, even though on TV they appear to be very close friends, this is not what it was.
Speaker 3: So they're good at their jobs, is what we're saying.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yes, it's very good at their jobs. Well, you have the further thoughts on this, Benjamin, you're laughing.
Speaker 3: I just I think this.
Speaker 2: I think at some point people have to realize to not poke the bear of Caitlyn Bristow, Like she has no boundaries and she's so witty and she's so unapologetic that like Caitlyn is a very honest, truthful person. We know that about her. We're friends with her, she will say what's on her mind, which gets her into trouble and also is what we love about Kaitlin Bristow. Yeah, but as a result, at some point, let's say a scenario exists where her and Zach Clark have been dating for the last year, since they've been seen at a New Year's party together and then seeing consistently over the last year together off and on at dinners and whatever, like, at some point Tasha, who I also think is great, would just say, this isn't a topic I want to broach any longer, because when I say something, Caitlin comes in a thousand times harder.
Speaker 4: Well, it was a generic question to day the best friend zact. But I guess she took the question because you know, and also, who the hell is ever going to say yes to that? Like, I think that person, whoever was the person asking the question, was obviously just trying to get a fun reaction.
Speaker 2: Sure, sure, it's still a story until it's not. But the longer this day, his story I think is is Tasia still with her boyfriend?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 4: We haven't seen them a bit for a bit, but they were always very private.
Speaker 5: Okay, So really, who knows?
Speaker 3: It?
Speaker 2: Just want to be fun to talk about your ex of so many years ago consistently. I cannot imagine it's good for your personal dating life. So and I just wouldn't. I just wouldn't get into a public battle with Caitlin, like, I just wouldn't.
Speaker 4: It's scary, but you know, this isn't really a huge public battle of It's just little. It's just a little social media chatter. Nobody said it's a big interview.
Speaker 3: That's a good point. That's a good point a few.
Speaker 5: Months ago to just take a little something and.
Speaker 6: Run with it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a few months ago, maybe it would have been a bigger story. When Caitlyn, I think said something like I should have sent her a picture of something.
Speaker 3: You remember that?
Speaker 5: Oh my god, that was a moment.
Speaker 3: I don't know that was a moment.
Speaker 2: Rachel Lindsay has a new dating partner, Willie Jones, country star. You've probably heard of Willy Jones because he has a ton of followers for a country artist, especially on social media. He's best known for really two songs, but he has a lot of great hits out there. The two songs he's best known for are American Dream and down for He worked with Beyonce on her massive Cowboy Carter album. Now, Rachel Lindsay and Willie Jones were rumored to be together. Oh, it's been quite a while now. Honestly, I think they were initially kind of rumored to be together about a year ago, kind of following the divorce from Brian, but nothing really came out except for this weekend. The two stepped out together at the Celebrities and Artists Unite at Project Angel Foods event Angel Art so they were seen together, confirming that there is something going on. A source says that he's a really cool guy. They're super happy for Rachel and they're really happy about the situation.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: To clarify, they're initially linked late last year, so it hasn't been a full year. So late last year, somewhere in the November to December timeframe, people started to rumor that maybe the two were dating. Her legal paperwork to end their marriage with Brian was started in January twenty twenty four. Rachel didn't give any comment on the status of that this time. So, Rachel Lindsay and Willie Jones are officially we could say, like a pair something's going on there. He's a cool guy, cording sources. She's really happy. We're really happy for her. All Right, We're going to completely switch gears to talking about something that we've been covering and also an interview that we had. We had an interview with Kevin, who is Ali Fittatowski's husband, Kevin Mano. Right before he had surgery, he was having his thyroid remove due to having.
Speaker 3: A cancer diagnosis.
Speaker 2: So we are switching gears to talk about cancer here with two Bachelor contestants that we love very dearly.
Speaker 3: And here's the headline.
Speaker 2: Ali Fittatowski shares update about her husband Kevin's thyroid cancer. Here is the update. He is officially cancer free.
Speaker 5: Yes, we are so happy for him.
Speaker 4: She said. The surgery one great. They only took half the thyroide out. When they wait into the surgery, they weren't sure if they were gonna to take the whole thing. I happening and they're still determining, like if he's gonna have to be on meds for life. But he is just recovering well and the pathology report came back negative and we are we're really happy that they can rest easy now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's we did. If you haven't listened to that interview. We did have an interview with Kevin right before he went into surgery, and the dynamic within the family was supportive and encouraging and also had a little nerves. Yeah, positive, but nerves to it because if I remember, Kevin hadn't really had many surgeries in his life and this is obviously a big one. So for him to be officially cancer free is such a big deal. We hope he gets back to his job, which is as a radio host, very quickly, because I know that was a concern.
Speaker 3: Also, well, we talked about this quite a bit.
Speaker 2: And here is the next update within this dynas Katie Thurston reveals she's moving to New York, which is a big deal. I don't think that was necessarily talked about at the beginning, and she gives an update on her breast cancer diagnosis. Her statement is Ashley, at this point, it's likely stage three.
Speaker 6: Yes, which would mean that it's spread to lymph notes. I believe, even though I thought that last week she said that she that they it wasn't found in the lymph notes when they did.
Speaker 4: When they did it also to ructionally in there so I'm interested to know. I not pretend to be a doctor right now. I would think that if it wasn't in the lymph notes, that it wouldn't be stage three. But I'm just gonna say exactly what Katie has said right now. She said that it's triple positive invasive ductyl karsonoma to be determined on the stage, likely stage three. And she found the lump herself. She said it was.
Speaker 5: Just how it.
Speaker 4: She was like, it just felt like a lump. Answer does discriminate. I probably first felt the lump in August. Don't do what I did and delay. So yes, that is a teaching lesson here. And then she also said that people were asking her on Instagram different questions and she's answering a few of them, and somebody asked what did it feel like? And she said, it kind of feel like a not, sort of like when your body's sore and you have someone massage on a not on your back. She goes, like, sometimes you get like a weird bump after a bruise. It was kind of like that, And she said, funny enough, my old doctor always checked me for lumps when I would go do my annual PAP. But my current provider didn't, So it's really up to you to do these self checks.
Speaker 2: Ashley, how I mean this might be a personal question. Just tell me to shut up. How often do you check yourself?
Speaker 4: Well? See, I talked about this on the The Doctor conversation I had about breast cancer that like, I have had two bread biopsies, and right, this is like so tam I I mentioned just about like the feel of my boobs are different now after having kids than it was prior.
Speaker 5: They used to be like a lot.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, well, yes that is common, but I I didn't breastfeed, so I wasn't I wouldn't expect there to be as much of a difference in the field, and there was, and now there's so much easier to feel through than they were before. I guess, you know, to answer your question quite bluntly, I really don't do any self checks, but I do sometimes.
Speaker 5: This is the weirdest thing I ever kinna say.
Speaker 4: But I do like play with my boobs enough that I would I kind of would feel them, you know, like sometimes you just.
Speaker 5: Grab on chest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like you're doing it now, which is not necessary.
Speaker 3: No, but.
Speaker 5: I know this doesn't seem like a laughing matter.
Speaker 4: But you know, sometimes you guys as men would just like, you know, rub your chest, rub your shoulders somehow, it just like kind of like put my fingers through.
Speaker 5: Boobs, and I think I would note it.
Speaker 4: I think I would notice because of that sort of habit, and especially now with the texture that they're at, and texture might be a weird worst. The consistency, I would absolutely doesn't listen to this, dude, it's like your texture, your consistency, like cow wife. I would certainly feel it just by like feeling around myself that. But I should have more intentional moments of check.
Speaker 2: What is the recommended Like if you once a month in.
Speaker 5: The soapy fingers smoothing.
Speaker 2: Over, okay, you should like intentionally check once a month. Well, what is recommended at this point is because I know a lot of people way young of age and we've I mean, this Katie Thurston story is one that I've been following very closely. Her her fiance has been incredibly supportive and also bringing humor to a really difficult situation, like in the.
Speaker 3: Most beautiful of ways.
Speaker 2: But the recommended is once a month, Ashley, you should be checking yourself intentionally for any lumps, bumps, not anything, yes, okay.
Speaker 5: Sure, arm up in the air, elbow over all over.
Speaker 2: Yeah, checking around. Okay, So anybody listening if they're wondering, that is the recommended amount. That is what we ask everybody to do, because this is becoming like this isn't this has always been a thing, but it's not. It's becoming more of a prevalent thing with people of younger age here as of the last few years.
Speaker 5: Right, Yes, and same with colon cancer, which is so scary.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's uh, it's something to talk about. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Thinking about Katie Goodness, gracious, her life has taken such a turn. I think I saw today that she was even in help, like getting her eggs frozen or thinking about that.
Speaker 5: Guys, we should definitely talk about that for a second. Okay.
Speaker 4: So she has been super open on her Instagram stories, and she's got a great she's always kind of has a great attitude, and she is still presenting herself a pretty upbeat on her stories. And somebody asked her, why are you doing the egg freezing before doing chemo? And that's because chemo can oftentimes just you know.
Speaker 5: Make your egg situation a little less fruitful. And then even.
Speaker 4: If the chemo didn't have an effect on her eggs, they still recommend to not have to not have children within two years of wrapping up chemo and radiation.
Speaker 2: This is a lot. It feels like a lot for her to process right now. So again our thoughts with her and her fiance.
Speaker 4: I'm really glad that she has him, Like, it's really nice to see their relationship and like and because he's a comedian, it just seems like he's always keeping her in a fun mood.
Speaker 2: And I think that's so I said, he's like bringing a humor, not that he's making light of a situation that is really hard on her, but he continues to make her laugh in the midst of something very difficult, which is is such a beautiful thing to witness from social media, and I think such an like an incredible role for him to play. It's it's absolutely spectacular. Yeah, but it's also a situation where we're here thinking about her lifting her up in prayer, lifting her up in like support because it is it's extremely difficult. And I saw her Instagram story today of you know, going through the process of freezing.
Speaker 4: Her eggs, which is demanding emotionally and physically as well.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, goodness like that. I mean we've talked to people have done that before. It's very difficult. So Katie, you're with us if you listen to this, or if you see a headline that pops up, and then please, if you're out there and you're somebody really I think they say a man or woman, but especially women, but a man or a woman, like check yourself for these lumps that pop up in your body. And if you have one, don't ignore it.
Speaker 3: Check it.
Speaker 2: Know your body, and don't just be like Ashley where you're sitting here on a podcast all of a sudden feeling yourself up and not thinking about why you're doing it.
Speaker 3: Actually do it intentionally.
Speaker 5: Oh that was a good moment. It was a good, funny moment for us.
Speaker 4: All right, guys, Well until next time, we love you.
Speaker 5: I'm weird and I've been actually.
Speaker 3: And I've been Ben, We'll talk to you soony.
Speaker 1: Follow the Ben and Ashley I Almost Famous podcast on iHeartRadio or subscribe wherever you listen to podcasts.