Speaker 1: Welcome in everybody to Fantasy Pros MLB. This is leading off live. It is b Joey p Jope Zapia with me of course is the Welsh, and it's all of you, the Peanuts and the cracker Jacks hanging out here on Twitch dot tv slash Fantasy Pros. That's where we are live every single day at noon Eastern and of course you can watch us on demand on the YouTube channel as well. Fantasy Pros MLB subscribe. We're getting very close to our goal twenty five thousand subscribers. We're getting right there at the precipice. And speaking of technology, Welsh, it seems like MLB might want to maybe get I don't know, two or three more people working on that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it would be cool if maybe on the most important day of a sport that needs to be promoted and babied and propped up, that you had the product actually work, not the on field product, which, by the way, we can also point out the thirty five minute delay in the Toronto Blue Jays game. To do whatever, and then let's make sure that MLB dot tv doesn't work for the majority of the country. And then let's also put it on seven different ways that you can watch it. It wasn't great. To their credit, they did get it up right before, like the second set of games did get going at least on big inning. But what a disaster for the opening day of baseball for to have that mess with MLB dot TV.
Speaker 1: You're mute to Joey, sorry about that. Luckily, the games were fun, so that is good. That's positive. Not everyone was good in the games, but there were some exciting things. And we're just gonna jump right into it and talk about the headlines here and let's talk about what could not possibly be done. I think the record was four and Tyler leal already had it as five. Now it is six. Six straight opening days with a home run for Tyler ro'neal Welsh is just absurd at this point. Did you bet it yesterday? I of course did not because I thought that's Chris, it can't possibly continue. But it did.
Speaker 2: I did not know it waxed in the first day of the betting market for sure. I'm really happy with myself because I actually thought about betting the under under home run totals. You kind of need to probably parlay because they're like, you know, really low money, but absolutely incredible that he was able to pull that off. I jumped out of my seat when it ended up happening. I could not believe it. And I immediately thought of you, as did many of our listeners think of you, and being like, get out of here with that nonsense. That's not gonna happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it did. That's what makes baseball fun, right, It's completely unpredictable. And I want to say hello to everybody here coming into the chat. We see all of you. I saw somebody this morning just say hey, I just joined Twitch just to watch you guys because I love you guys. That's the kind of love that we want here on the channel. So we appreciate all of you. And hopefully we'll have the on demand version of the show up a little sooner. Again, it's opening day for everybody. We're all trying to get things out there. Also a good day for our guys yesterday. In case you're miss you can go back and you can see the All Welsh, All Joe teams for twenty twenty five, the guys that we really attached ourselves to this past draft season, and Manzarto looked good. Our catchers Wells home run, Wall Scratcher Yankee Stadium home run, but a home run nonetheless, I'll take it. I know you'll take it. You've got them probably everywhere. Logan, O, Hoppy all had big days, so that was very nice to see. But nobody had a bigger day than Mackenzie Gore. Thirteen strikeouts for him, Welsh. That was an incredible performance by Gore. I got a stat here as well on the Mackenzie Gore stuff that I saw too, where basically, you know we're talking about this is the Strasbourg sures are kind of material for Nationals pitchers to be in this sort of strikeout range. Now, this was a tough lineup. Some left handed power in that lineup too, you know, Bryce Harper, some serious guys in there. But still impressive against the Phillies and certainly another one we did not see coming on an opening day.
Speaker 2: I absolutely was impressed across the board. A lot of lefties in that lineup, so like there was a little bit of a benefit. That was the guy that we needed to ladder. And you know, I was at his pro debut ive been there since day one from Mackenzi Gore, and he's looking more and more the part of one of the best high school pitchers I've ever seen in the lower levels. Yesterday, forty four percent fastball, twenty five percent slider, he was touching ninety eight. He was sitting just about ninety six on the fastball, and check this stuff out. He hit an overall forty percent with rate on his all pitches combined, a thirty nine percent on CSW which is called strike in with percentage. He had an eighty percent with rate on his slider in a sixty one percent on his CSW on that So what that means is not only was he getting withffs across the board, he was also able to throw at four strikes fifty percent zone rate on his three main pitches, and then he buried the changeup, which had a fifty percent with rate. So I'm giving you a lot of analytical stuff here, but here's the deal. He was throwing strikes to us. He was throwing his big pitches for strikes. I think he ended up going six giving up one hit, Yeah, one hit, thirteen strikeouts, no walks. Fastball slider combo was ridiculous. He's a must pick up right now because that stuff was so on point. It wasn't just about yeah, you got thirteen strikeouts opening Day and blah blah blah. It was like, no, that slider, that curveball in that fastball combo was so devastating and then he was dropping some change ups. I loved everything I saw. Adam McKinsey Gore. He was a star of opening Day for sure. So he is a pickup and I think brillianty format. Definitely twelve team and fifteen right now.
Speaker 1: Shout out to Leroy Jenkins first time, are with you all live on the podcast Aikins Dig. We love you, Leroy. And here's another question here from lardneral Fendel. Fendel, I don't know, lard once ago. Is there any other reason to watch on twitch? Well, yes there is because if you subscribe to us on twitch Welsh, what does that give you access to? My friend, Oh, this.
Speaker 2: Is a absolutely new thing we have. If you have a subscription, a sub to the twitchy, you now have access to the premium. I'm carefully say I believe it's the premium discord in general, but it is one hundred percent the home run contesting go which we have a prize for contest. You can go every single day. It's not too late that we're only at two on the top of the board. Your sub on Twitch gets you access to the home run contest, and I believe the discord for Fantasy Pro. So go and do that today. Hook it up with Prime, gift them, do all the things. We'll shout you out. But there you go, all.
Speaker 1: Right from Big Dance? Did I win or lose this trade? I love when they ask us after the fact. This is like he's supposed to ask us before. This is what Twitter is for, this is what the show is for. But here we go. I gave Trey Turner, Schwelli and casses for Judge and Hunter Brown. Well, you got the best player of the day, we got judged, so you gave up a fair amount. But yeah, I want so, Yes, you won the trade. Good job. What do you think, Walsh? You agree?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think it's like if you were to give up, would you give up Schwarber and Turner for Judge? It's like, oh, it's maybe a little bit much, but you're probably right there. And then what costs for Hunter Brown? Yeah, I'm definitely down with that.
Speaker 1: And if you're getting big commercials here watching the show Welsh. There's a way to get rid of that as well, I believe. And how does one do that.
Speaker 2: You have a sub buff, you have an account. Subcas is my solution for anybody. You have some Amazon Prime account, you could hook it up. You get a free sub. You don't have to worry about any of it. They do have like the ads and stuff on here. Otherwise you can get a sub. It gets rid of ads, you don't have to worry about it. You kick it to the curve, you get nice little fantasy pros and moojis too.
Speaker 1: All right, So that's all out of the way. Look, we're trying to educate everybody because I had questions about Twitch. You've got questions about Twitch. This is fine, don't worry. It's day two again. It's working better than an MLB Live TV, so at the end of the day we're still okay. Let's talk about some things that weren't great yesterday. Garret Crochet kind of a strange outing for him, was getting squeezed a little bit at the plate. But Velosy was also down, which was good for me because joeyp did win that bet plus two eighty for the under ninety six point nine. First velo on the first pitch, ooh love it, so I cash that bad boy. Also not great to reach Schoolble was defeated again Dodgers, so we can take it with a great assault Michael King only two and two thirds gave up three runs, so not the best outing for some of these aces the gate. Any of these performances concern you, I'm not concerned. But the Crochet one with the Villo being down a little bit, that was a little odd to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was locked in to that one, and it is going to be a long year for your boy if Garrett Crochet is not going to look super great. There was a lot of people that weren't like focused or giving us really anything. On the velo of forcing fastball was down just a tiny bit, so that's good. But sink or Cutter, those were down by around a mile and a half per hour. He didn't see worried about it. After he did go more primary Cutter in this one. He actually said some of the early walks and how he was able to bounce back made him feel good. He got squeezed on a few spots, two strikeouts were taken away from him, but the walks killed him. He kind of knew it. The self awareness was good, but something to watch on the villa did not look as dominant. The stuff was not as swing and missy because some of the villa was down again. But just throwing this out there that I definitely did. He did not have his best stuff, but it was against a really tough team as well, so there's a bounce back. There might be a buying opportunity if someone looks at the Villo stuff freaks out, So go and maybe check that out. There's nothing on scooble. Dodgers team is tough and yeah, and who the hell was the other one we were talking about, Oh, Michael King. Michael King kind of like the Garrett Crochet thing. You just way too many pitches. And we're going to talk about that diamondback pitcher with way too many pitches as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll get to him more to come here on the show. But from the Dodgers, Blake Snell picked up his victory in his debut. Speaking of debuts, Juan Soto unfortunately, and I lived this in real time. I had tickets last night. I bought them months in advance, not realizing it was opening day. But that's okay. Went into New York with the lady. We were going to see a concert at mass Square Garden. We went to a bar for dinner. They had the game on. Of course, all the Yankee fans were there still from the three o'clock game after their game was over, watching the Mets game, and of course when won Soto struck out, just the Yankee fan jubilation all over the Oh yeah, I have an hundred million dollars. Morons, Okay, morons, you wish you still had one Soto. Shut your word, holes, I'm tired of it already and it's only day one. But not the best debut for the Mets. Just a mediocre debut for Sodo. I ain't worried about it at all, so just let's move past it. But the Yankee fan victory lap because he struck out against Josh Haterer were the best left handed closers in the game. On a three to two count with first and third, they had a chance to win that game. Look the Mets, that chances to win that game, they blew it. That's on them. But a great at bat by Louis Angelo Kunia twelve pitch at bat in the inning prior were very impressive there. That's something that I didn't see a lot of out of him last year. Also, maybe we're seeing more steals at a Fernando Tatis two steals. Was that just a matchup yesterday? Or do you think this is just healthy Tatus, who maybe, just maybe is going to catapult himself back into that top five category conversation, because if he does, he's going to be a league winner, because he was a guy going at the turn in basically every draft twofold How well, two fold guys, everybody, Yeah, to back up twofolds?
Speaker 2: Okay, it is absolutely the matchup. Drake Baldwin was behind the plate yesterday, rookie catcher. They took advantage of him. I think Machado had two steals, so it was definitely that. But Tatis ended up after talking about it, and he had a quote after the game about the stolen bases. He said, I mean last year, I was standing on one leg. You can really see how healthy on that right now. It's a huge part of my game, one of my favorite parts of the game. I really miss it. He is speaking about stolen bases. Baby, we are stealing more bases with Tatus and that is a big dog. Yeah, So, like I said, had the two bags. They were taking advantage of a bad catcher. Some of the Diamondbacks couldn't do last night. But I think Tatis is gonna run more makes me feel even good. And getting him at the wheel really might be a boon to your fantasy because if we get like a ten to twelve stolen base increase, that's the difference between Tatis being the end of the first round and being a top three or four fantasy player.
Speaker 1: All right, let's move on here to some things that were fun in Major League Baseball, because we like to have fun. Christian Campbell made his debut one for three, didn't have the same day a bray? You did a bray? You had himself a day yesterday, my goodness. And the worst lineup off of all the time that we were trolling yesterday. I guess what they ended up being the.
Speaker 2: Pirates and Paul Skets somebody somebody I had like it wasn't like a virul but like a lot of people liked that tweet and it was going around and then after someone was like, yeah and they won, which was crazy. It already like that could have come back and want to hear the rock crazy, but it's still a crappy lineup.
Speaker 1: I got the real crazy for you with their opening to when the Marlins playoff, odds rose from one point one percent to one point three percent. Let's go, Marlins, Let's go. Also, Cam Smith won for three yesterday and his major league debut, so lots of fun thing. He did come out for defense though in the late innings, and I'm gonna say this, I'm concerned about Josel two ve had left field officially, very very concerned, and I just hope it does not take its toll on him at the plate. I'm just saying, I've seen this video before. Don't love that concerns. Also, Cole Reagan's Zach Gallon two guys not at their best now. Reagan's, I don't know, if you just want to chalk it up to whatever it's first start, we can. We could talk that up to anybody who performed poorly yesterday. It's one game and it's April and we're just coming out of spring training. However, Welsh, you were live at the game for the Diamondbacks with Gallon yesterday and you had a lot of feelings as the kids like to say it was bad.
Speaker 2: He was the one of the worst I've ever seen him, and I had multiple tweets about it. Here was the deal fastball. It did touch ninety four point eight, but it was sitting ninety two point nine, so right under the nineties fifty two percent fastball. But that fifty two percent fastball rate, he had a thirty five percent zone rate, So that means he was not getting the fastball in the zone whatsoever. He had an under or is right at fifty percent first pitch strike rate as well. He could not throw the fastball for strikes. The fastball was not fooling anybody. So then what Gallon ends up going and does is he starts being like, I gotta throw a bunch of knuckle change I gotta throw my change up, but knuckle curves. He ended up doing that and it wasn't doing anything. Knuckle curve had a fourteen percent whift rate. The slider did nothing, no, absolutely nothing on the change up. There were no swing throughs. I gotta tell you, guys, I am worried about Zach Gallon. Four runs, four innings, four walks, four strikeouts. If he doesn't have the fastball, it's not going to work the velo look down. The command was really bad. It'd easily be the beginning of the season. We chalked a lot up last season to oh, it had four million innings because of the World Series and all that. That's not there. Again. We don't panic after one start or four or five days in baseball, but I do think you need to monitor it because if the fastball is not there and he can't command it, he is all over the place and he's going to get shellacked a lot of hard hit balls. Last night. I'd have to look at the box score, but everything was hit hard. He was fooling absolutely nobody. It looks like there were six hard hit registered hard hit balls against him in just four innings. So worry meter is up on Zach Gallon after that performance.
Speaker 1: Chief Knockahoma. Who loses more games, Marlins or White Sox. My inclination is still the White Sox because I do expect them to jettison Robert sooner than later. But the Marlins aren't a just a horribly difficult division, and that might take it. As told the other day, I'm still gonna go White Sox for that one. Well shod you have a feeling on that.
Speaker 2: I kind of wanted to say the Marlins, but they're pitching. Got pitching right now.
Speaker 1: So HONORMI will be back and you know, you know, we'll see how it goes.
Speaker 2: Someone said, rest in peace to my hats. This is a hat I got last night. Shout out to Chris Young listener who sent me. He said, get a hat, and we we got to new diamond backs.
Speaker 1: How come wait, wait, people sending you money for hats. I'm bald and my heads freezing all the time.
Speaker 2: Nobody wanted the hats are important to everybody.
Speaker 1: So is a real thing. I thought that was a bit. Now it's a real thing.
Speaker 2: It's a real It's a real thing. At the Welsh on venmo I got.
Speaker 1: I got no presence here, got nothing way to go. Thanks, thanks everybody Welsh. Speaking of presence, we've got more new subscribers here today.
Speaker 2: We do have more new subscribers. Let's shout out a bunch of brand new follows. Shout out to our dear friend Drettis by the way, who subbed member who subscribed on Prime. There's a shout out to a couple of our new subs. Stump de Schwami was subscribed. I loved that show was great.
Speaker 1: Back to it was awesome.
Speaker 2: That was that's the way. Those are a couple of people fortunately heard about that.
Speaker 1: But what what a mind that guy had. It was unbelievable.
Speaker 2: I know that type of sports lounge. Those are a couple of people that subbed in. Thank you guys very much. Shout out to you a bunch of new follows. I see Jerry Nelson's on there will hide everybody. Thank you guys for the follow and we'll always continue to shut you friends out.
Speaker 1: Macktunda has a great point. Joey's head is too beautiful to cover up. I agree, mac Tunda, I agree one thousand percent.
Speaker 2: You have a great You have a good bald head.
Speaker 1: I do, I do. You know what what God takes away with the hair. He gives you a good shaped head. The worst is if you go bald, then you have a misshaped, weird head or pointy. That's the worst. Like that'd be or like those role you know those people have like the weird rollie head in the back and they don't even know what they don't see the back of the head. You know who you are. It's an unfortunate condition, but so is Welsh's hats, and we're just happy that he's getting some new have wine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one one has joined, the one is joined. Thing.
Speaker 1: All right, let's do three up and three down the best and the worst from yesterday Major League Baseball. Up. All the guys with eight strikeouts. Logan Gilbert won run eight k's Hunter Green eight k's Zach Wheeler struck out eight. Freddie Parolta took the loss, but he struck out how many eight? That's right, It's a good day for those guys. Poor Freddie Perolta. To Freddie Perolta gave up some home runs in that game that were just ludicrous, and the broadcast too, as they were talking about they were just like in any other ballpark.
Speaker 2: I think I think we did the math that the the Austin Wells homer was only a homer in yan all other parts would not have been a.
Speaker 1: Home walls here, balls there. And I'm ecstatic because, as you know, I drafted him in the Fantasy pros League just the day before, so I was I was very very excited about that. Also, up Randy Rose Arena, dramatic fun moment game tying solo homer. We love to see Randy, A Rose and Rena bounce back this year.
Speaker 2: Through the damn mat. I wanted to get the video for the show today. It was amazing, just like Game one. Just he almost so mamd that thing.
Speaker 1: There was a lot of intentional yesterday, which was I mean, the Mets had a lot of intensity up in the dugout, like this game mattered against the Houston was Opening Day, but they were fired up. It was nice to see the ros Arena moment was great. So it was really cool to see, like guys pumped up. It's day one. But a Rose Araina guy that I've been buying the bounce back on, I've been buying the dip on. That was a very exciting moment yesterday. Also, Adley Rutchmen very exciting. Ryan Warmley, I can't imagine how excited he is not one but two homers, and the Orioles continue to just pound teams into submission on Opening Day. Next year, I'm gonna learn my lesson Bett Tyler o'nialhome runs. And I'm also going to bet whatever the team total over is for the Orioles because.
Speaker 2: And bet Adley Adley just gets hit. I think he was five for five last year. So bet two hits at least for Adley next season.
Speaker 1: All right, with the ups come the downs. Jose Burrios was tagged for six runs and three homers in five innings against the Orioles. The aforementioned Jackson curio not good over five with five strikeouts and a strikeout in the ninth inning, with an opportunity to change the complexiitre of that game. So we have the hat trick, we have the golden simbarrel. I forget what's five strikeouts? You don't see that one for you?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let me know. Is there something for five strikeouts? If not, I think we should come up with one, because five is tough. I mean, oh for four or four k's. You know, we know the golden sombrero.
Speaker 2: Oh, platinum sobrero.
Speaker 1: That's not see, that's that's just moving up a level.
Speaker 2: Is that my kids dance competition. It's like silver gold, high gold, platinum diamond.
Speaker 1: No, I don't like sombrero. That's not good enough. That's lame.
Speaker 2: Spicy margarita, it's it's it's the siico de myo, the fifth May fifth, Okay, spicy margarita.
Speaker 1: Spicy margarita. I like it the spicy done, the spicy margarita, which I.
Speaker 2: Do like margarita. I like, who doesn't. I don't want like a jalapino in there. But like that's just a little just.
Speaker 1: A little word, a little garnage where you go, oh oh, look at that.
Speaker 2: You know whoa I got me?
Speaker 1: Also, what got a lot of people yesterday with the closers. Ooh, I mentioned Josh Hater who almost blew one. He threw like, I don't know, four hundred bitches. That's not usually five k's give me the big piece of the that's not bad. Shut up mare. All right, let's go to the next one year about the closers because uh, Hater, there is not gonna be available tonight. I can tell you right now because he threw thirty some pitches. I felt like last night. Then you had on top of that, Devin Williams, who almost will to save many class, who was lights out until the playoffs last year. All of a sudden it wasn't Chapman comes into the eighth. Uh so I think that was just situational. I'm not gonna freak out there. Luke Jackson gave up three runs so that's not great.
Speaker 2: But I'm gonna and they have said, and I boachu was like, who's gonna get the first look? There's that we should see Chris Martin. I think in the next shot if anyone's apt.
Speaker 1: Like Trinan after Tanners Scott comes into early and for everybody to get tell me that I was crazy when I said he's a lefty and they're gonna bring him in whenever there's big lefties, not just in save situations, and everyone thought, oh, you're crazy or crazy. I told you so. I told you so now. I said it was gonna be Yates, but I ended up being trying stay tuned with that too.
Speaker 2: I actually said Trinan was the guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think they did start.
Speaker 1: Out yesterday, but I hate giving you credit, but you did well.
Speaker 2: Thank you. I don't know though, that we can I don't. I don't think it's time to victory lap yet.
Speaker 1: That just saying that it's the Tanner Scott closer is not so cut and dry, and that's.
Speaker 2: All I would go buy him right now if someone has this like, oh, they're just gonna look rotation by Tanner Scott right now.
Speaker 1: And speaking of buying and selling, next week we'll have those videos for you on the YouTube channel. Subscribe to the YouTube channel. We're going to have the buy in the cell videos. Also, there was another closer to actually two because one one didn't even make the sheet, but I just remember. But Jordan Romano two runs in the eighth inning. Not great. And then on top of which we also had Bednar also who I think that's done. We done with Bednar too.
Speaker 2: I think Bear Bennar is on a dicey dices plane.
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 2: I do think that one could be really also want to throw out two other weird situations that happened. Ian Gibbo or Gibou the Reds decided instant because Alexis Diaz is on the i L instead of a Sentillion instead of Graham Ashcraft, they bring in Jibo and he got sal ACKed sac Shalod and he should be done. Like that was I had that tweet out. I was like, oh, Ian is and he's gone. That should be done with. So I do not I think Sintillion might be the next one we're gonna have to see. It's gonna be a really really messy situation. And then also a rold As Chapman came in in a high leverage situation in the eighth and that caused Justin Slayton to get the save in the ninth.
Speaker 1: I'm not taking yet, you know. I'm natman As the veteran guy knucking Futts has a question here before we move on to the next segment here, who would you rather have with Daniel low Mountcastle, the Manchild, Manzardo, Torkosen or Soderstrom. These guys are all definitely in a group.
Speaker 2: I just picked up Soderstrom because he was available in a couple of leagues. There's a part of me that thinks maybe Manzarto they put him in a really good spot. I think Torque Manzarto are both right there. Soda strims right after those are some really good choices. I would have a probably a quick trigger finger, but I think Manzardo right now, dude hit what Homer in a triple yesterday was hitting like five, I mean, very impressive coling.
Speaker 1: Once that I was offered Matt Shaw for Aeronauto. Thoughts on that.
Speaker 2: If you're getting Matt Shaw, well they are okay.
Speaker 1: Aeronatta was good yesterday, So there you go. There's your moment.
Speaker 2: I mean when he gets traded, it'll it might be better to trades or dodger.
Speaker 1: Another question here, Soda Strummer Manzardo over CS or CES over Soda Strummer Manzarto.
Speaker 2: I guess so, like listen, I'm not the biggest CEES guy. They kind of buried him down in the lineup, and I think you need I think you need to see more out of him. But as I said, I think Manzarto is the guy that I'm looking at all right.
Speaker 1: So this also brings us to the Chasing Challenges segment of the show here brought to you by Microsoft. Just like the athletes who push boundaries and redefine what's possible in business, decision makers today are turning challenges into opportunities and Microsoft meets you where you are with tools and guidance to help you make the impact with safe, secure AI solutions. So whenever the challenges you're facing, Microsoft empowers you with the expertise to say bring it on. In this segment, we're going to spotlight the challenges brought to you by Bullpens in fantasy. Oh it's the worst. And every single year I try to tell you the same thing, which is just wait on closers. Just take your shots, just play the waiver wire. Everyone goes, ah, but I want to lock this guy in, that guy in. I know it's only one day, but already we're looking at chaos. We're looking at problems. Now, over one hundred and sixty two games, things will get better, things will get cleaner, and chances are these elite guys will be elite. But when you overpay for the elite closers and drafts and you miss out on key offensive players, it comes back to bite you in the rear end. Because every year, and every year we go deeper into Major League Baseball, we are getting more and more closers by committee, more and more turnover at the position. Guys get traded at the break or even before. Every year. The one thing you can always find off the waiver wire saves. So I don't like paying for them, and I'm not going to start now, and I'm very glad that I didn't in every single league. Thank you baseball gods for giving me Pete Fairbanks for just a buck in my last auction draft on Wednesday night. And that, my friends, is this week's Chasing Challenges segment. Remember Microsoft AI Solutions, I how are you to take bold steps and new ideas to help drive your business forward? With Microsoft as your trusted partner, you can navigate your journey with confidence, finding innovative solutions and reaching new possibilities. Visit Microsoft dot com Slash challengers to learn more. Injuries. Luckily, not too many to talk about. Just Liam Hendricks officially that elbow has been diagnosed with a compressed nerve. He's going to throw in a couple of days. That doesn't sound great, but where I said, Chapman's the guy to have there. We agree.
Speaker 2: There was a really wild thing that happened yesterday. I didn't see the update yet, so apologies. But Nick and Zalez, who I think is a sneaky deep league play Nizalez, Oh same here. I and saw him that. I actually saw Nickensawaz versus Torkulsen in College ASU versus New Mexico State. I really love Nick. He's some place in Arizona. But hit a homer and got hurt on the home run. He was limping and he had to be so I'm not sure I've ever seen that, And they were saying, we've never seen this before. Dude, hits a homer could barely get around the bases. Limping took him right out of the game. Again. Apologies that I did not see exactly who it or what ended up happening with it, but dude got hurt. So be on the lookout for that and shout out to our boy Barrow, who just gifted. I think it's our first gifted sub on the Twitch as well.
Speaker 1: So people hit you can get Friend of the Shows forever Andrew Baron bar Yeah. Like you know, the Internet can be a wasteland, it can also be a wonderful place. That guy makes the Internet a better place. Love that. Pep a big fan of my wrestling podcast too, which I appreciate. I love you.
Speaker 2: Il got Big I t.
Speaker 1: Big black Book guy, Big I in this ring guy just awesome. Lucero's Scentillion or Alvarado who would rather have.
Speaker 2: Oh so like Oryan Kirkring could be the save guy, but I've been talking about Alvarado. He was insane in the spring. I think with the Romano blown save Alvarado might get there. Sentillion is short, He's a short term solution. So if you need saves this week, Santillion maybe, but Alvarado, I think is a long term play.
Speaker 1: I missed a good chunk of the Clay Holmes outing during travel, so I didn't really get to really dig into the Mets game un till about the sixth inning, and by then Clay Hoolmes wasn't really a factor. I'm not worried about it. He had been. I always feel like this happens. Baseball is a game of streaks. Guys are red hot in spring, you almost guarantee they're gonna have a stone cold April. So I'm not really worried about it. Houston's a good lineup. You know, you got some good players in there. Like he held him in jack it wasn't a great outing for him. I'm not too worried about it. Next one up here, who would rather have in Dynasty Jackson Cherio or Jackson Merril? Chooser Jackson?
Speaker 2: I would still go with Cheurio. But listen, you know it's no one feels good. But hont to you right now. If anybody in your league is like, oh my god, Jurio zero for five with five strikeouts, go buy it. It is the first day. I don't want to pooh everything, but making big, massive reactions you can't do. So I feel what you're asking this. It's fine.
Speaker 1: I don't want to pooh everything. That's worse than my would comment from the other day of the live stream.
Speaker 2: Well and then you're like, and I want to pooh everything. Yeah, it's still cheeryo man.
Speaker 1: All right, well you know what time it is. It's time.
Speaker 2: It's time for the best bets of today.
Speaker 1: Of today with Joey p and the Welsh. And remember when you're making your bets. New customers can place their first bet over at FanDuel, get five bucks in that account, bet it, and then you get two hundred dollars in bonus bets if they win. At how you do that fantasypros dot Com slash leading off again, Fantasypros dot Com slash leading off for that new customer offer over on FanDuel. So use that, bad boy. I'm keeping it simple today. I did. I didn't cash on my over props for the strikeouts, boo said Joe. But I did make I was still positive regardless on my day because I bet that special that was on yesterday. So got special on the crochet under Velocy. It's so tempting, right, Oh he's getting ninety eight. It was like, man, you give me almost three to one on that bad boy. I'll take it, and I took it to the bank, so still positive. That's good. Let's try to keep the positive vibes today. Freeman's on the mound for the Rockies, so let's go with the Rays. Pepio's on the mound against him. I've been looking for this game. Give me the run line minus one and a half, and then give me the a straight up on the money line too against the Mariners at plus one third one. I like that one little springs action. And by the way, yesterday quietly good Severino, as another guy was just forgotten about in drafts, got a couple shares. Severino was really solid last year. Welsh. For those people out there too who are looking to make props bets and things like that, make sure you go to betting pros dot com use the prop bet cheat sheet. It's one of the many tools over there for strikeouts, hits, homers, you name it. Propet cheat sheets there pops right up there so you can sort it. So I highly recommend using the tools at betting Pros. Download the app, Welsh. I know you've got some stuff here too. When it comes to some player props involving Bo Baschett, and you've got a little first five action today.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean, you know, beginning of the season is just rough. I'd be honest with you. There's a part of me that wants to go full lines right now. This might be the time to play more full lines. I got waxed yesterday. One that I did push on was the Boston first five money line, and I am back to it. They got Jack Lighter the Rangers do on the mound. I know you hate Jack Lder. The command issues are a problem.
Speaker 1: I don't hate him. I'm just trying to tell her. If you had a four to eight ERA in the minor leagues and you had a thirteen ERA in the major leagues and your name was Welsh instead of Lighter, you would not be pitching in the major league. That's it. That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe a lot of the guys against on the Red Sox total base numbers were pushed up to two point five, so they expect a lot of offense against tennor Hawk is on there who can push some good innings, so you're getting decent money. It was around like minus one twenty Boston first, so they just got to be either tied and I'll push or if they're up, I win. So that's what I want to play. Bullpens can get crazy, as we've seen, so I'm right back to Boston first five money line on the props today. I like Bobashett. Both Lad and Bobashett have decent histories if you're looking at BVP, if you care about any of that. Against Charlie Morton, Bobashet's gonna get more at bats, at leading, and he's gonna be leading off. So I like that. It's essentially even money for him to have two total bases. I avoided the hits, runs and RBIs today and then ONEO Cruz ONEO Cruz I very much, and we're going to talk about Connor Gillespie is pitching for the Marlins today. We saw Cruse get on basteal some bases. For him to have two bases today, it is plus one thirty. I really really like that, especially up against against Gillespie. So ONEO Cruz total bases plus one thirty. That's where I'm at. It's on the betting pros app turning that bad boy around TV is total bases. By the way, someone said TV total. There's no rl is on the run line. So look, this is fun to ask these questions.
Speaker 1: Not everybody is used to wagering on baseball, and baseball is such a beast because it's got so much of it. Everybody, as you're new the show or as you new to baseball betting, I liked about things I can control. I like look at situations you can exploit, and I look at pitching matchups very importantly, strikeout over unders. Those are typically ones that you can exploit, like you're usually looking like today with Pepio, Right, i'd be looking at his k you know, prop because you're looking at the Rockies. It's already high, right, so you're looking at big strikeout pitchers against teams like the Rockies. That is usually typically a good recipe.
Speaker 2: And well, one thing I want to throw out on your Oakland one again, Like it might be bad to do first fives right now, maybe I'm a sicko, but Oakland first five, So through the first five innings if you like it at all. Oakland is plus money as well, So if they if they're tied, you push. If they're up, you win. Jeffrey Springs on the Mount against Luis Castillo full game. As we can see, these teams can fall apart. Oakland first five might be interesting. Also, would you.
Speaker 1: Start the Jeffrey Springs in the league that loss has hurt you today? Yeah? I would, I would. I'm confident in Springs. And again, if you don't want the ad breaks, I see people talking about the ad breaks, sorry, subscribe. I mean that's easy. Boom, they go away forever you subscribe. It hit you once a month. And again, you're supporting the channel. You're supporting us here in this endeavor of trying to make this Baseball channel bigger. And if you can, for whatever reason, you can always just watch us on demand on the YouTube channel two for free. That's still out there as well. Let's get to a little thing called the home Run Contest. Now, Welsh and I did not go yard yesterday, but I got a good feeling about today. So first of all, we should probably show everybody what the new home run Contest prize is. So we went old school this year, and if you don't like the prize, you can blame Mike Mayer. That's it. I'm just gonna put it right out there. I like it because I think this guy should be in the Hall of Fame. But we're giving away autographed Sammy Sosa old school Chicago Cubs Jersey. There's a lot of Cubby fans. I know you're this chat, but this is a piece of history Americana when baseball was really fun. And again, if you want to call home runs fanacypros dot Com slash Chat, go to the home Run Calls channel put your picks in. Again, you got to be premium. But if you are wanting to get yourself involved in the home run contest from day two here of the Major League Series, here of the Major League season, excuse me. What you want to do is also become a sub, as we said over on Twitch, because when you do that, you get automatically into our discord and automatically you can make your home run call. So really you're in it to win it. So let's go today my home run call. I went through everything. I'm going with Tristan Cosas today plus three fifty. Good match up there for him. And yeah, I'm going against lighter because I can, and that's maybe it'll be him, maybe it'll be a middle reliever. Either way, Tristan Cossa is my guy today. But it is the weekend, so I wasn't really thinking about this, So I want Tristan Cossas as my weekend guy.
Speaker 2: You know what, just go back in Saturday. Guess what's so cool about it? You don't have to be on a show to do it. You can go to the discord. True, you can plug in your names.
Speaker 1: But I'm also lazy and I like one day off because I work six days a week, so some things have that one day where you just kind of your mind just floats away. I'm gonna let Cossus ride. I'm gonna do it because you know what's gonna happen. I'll pick Casses today, he won't hit a home run, and then I'll go do something else. On Saturday, I'll put somebody else in and cost Us will have two. So there you go. That's what I'm doing. Tristan Cossus, that's my guy today and for the weekend. Because the back end of the Rangers rotation isn't very good either, Welsh, where are you going for your home run? Call day? By the way, Cossus plus three fifty if you want to bet that bad boy, where are you going today? All right?
Speaker 2: I mean, if Trout was playing today, Trout, I assuredly would hit a homer if he doesn't get hit on the hand again, don't hit Trout, protect him first at bat of the season, right on his hand, give me a break. And then he missed a homer at the wall by the way today, this is not an imper perpetuity. I will be going back to the discord and doing it. I am going with said onneal Cruise. I'm going for the total bases. That's a double down home run call. If you ever on FanDuel plus freeree ninety almost four to one for the home run call, Uh, it is a It is a waffy little matchup that he's got here. I like him to put it in the air. Give me oneo cruiz for my home run call today. And Joey, if they want to sign up on Fandel, what can they do?
Speaker 1: Oh, well, they could also sign up on Fandel And remember, as I mentioned earlier, Fancerpros dot com slash leading off five bucks. You bet get two hundred dollars in bonus bets if you win for new customers only over on Fandel Fancypros dot Com slash leading off and there are actually right now while people leading the home run chase. So as you could see uh nick Wise at the top, Blonky Penguin already establishing the dominance. Wonky Wonky already just out of the gate. Joe Rico made the board there as well, So good to see them. So South African g he was always in this And good to see Razor back. We didn't see a lot of Razor towards the end of last season. Razor, we hope everything is okay with you. We love you. Good to see mctoondall on that board too. We could just take Gotani every single day too, Like people get mad about me, but you would be at the top of this board right now if you did. It's not about friends, It's about winning. That's what it's about, all right. Well, we got off to a pretty good start, I think to the season. I felt really good about today because we had baseball to talk about. The first day show is always weird, it is today is much better. Today is like really leading off and we want you to recognize as well. The cycle is gonna be on YouTube as well. Wednesday's four pm Eastern. We're gonna be live on the YouTube, just taking your questions. So We're gonna just an hour of your questions live on YouTube. Trades, waivers, just important questions about life. Whatever you want us to do, we're gonna talk about that Wednesday's four pm Eastern. Subscribe to the YouTube channel, drop your comments below. We're getting giveaways there and ring the bell to the ghost ding for notifications so you never miss a live show. We've got shorts. We're gonna have waiver content. We're going to have prospects, prospects, We're gonna have everything everything, short form videos, long form videos. Leading off every single day to break down Marvel.
Speaker 2: We're gonna break down Doomsday.
Speaker 1: We're just doing it all Massysteria. It's gonna be fantastic. We love all of you, Panis and cracker Jacks. Happy baseball season. We are back, baby, Let's go. That'll do it for us, But the story of the game goes on for the Welsh. I'm Joey P. We'll see you next time. Kids.
Speaker 3: Peace. Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Fantasy Baseball Podcast. If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify. Follow us on x Instagram, and TikTok at Fantasy Pros and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com Slash Fantasy Pros MLB