Speaker 1: What's up everyone on tourydio.
Speaker 2: And I'm Anishka and I'm Anissa Ferreira and this is MTV's official Challenge podcast.
Speaker 1: And today was a real ball buster, wasn't it? Oh Man?
Speaker 2: One of my balls did bust? And I said, can I take this saggy brown sack over to the thing and toss it in the box? But Devin and Lee right already won, So there goes my balls.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, how did it feel to be back on the net and the net?
Speaker 1: How did it be back on the net?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 2: Kind of annoying because Kelly Anne was taking up that one corner. I'm like, Kelly An, you're like a spider monkey. You see me crawling up. Why would you crawl up the same space we're not. This isn't a game of like fight each other off the net. I needed to be secure. I'm thicker, you are a spider monkey. Let me passch.
Speaker 3: She's very squirrely. She's very squirrely, and she's very strong. Kellyan's like right, so she could have used the middle of the net, yea.
Speaker 2: So it was just a for a lot of people that may suffer from PTSD. This was something that normally doesn't happen in your life. You don't go like to exposure therapy immediately and have to face that, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just wasn't expecting it, So yeah, it was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I think that Leroy and Devin had a great strategy and I felt like as long as they won, I didn't really need to like go full throttle.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean, this episode was very You and Ashley heavy, so it obviously sucked to watch you have to go through that in the same breath, Like, I have so much faith that you're going to navigate this effortlessly beautiful, like you're going to handle it gracefully.
Speaker 2: I have a beautiful spar beautiful spar in the in the words of Glorilla, it's a beautiful spurt.
Speaker 1: That's what gets us. That's what gets us through.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, but yeah, beyond that, you know, it's another day in the Challenge House. It's another day that Adam and Steve will have to go in there, regardless if Adam has the plague or not.
Speaker 3: Also, like, this episode was full in so many ways, with so many different things happening. To see Kelly Ann and Sylvia like hugging at the end, there It's like, if Kelly Ann and Sylvia can get there, I think maybe you and Ashley can get there.
Speaker 2: You know, well, Ashley and I were friends first, so it's not a you know, like we were you saw us on Champs for Stars, Yeah, you know, so it wasn't like we weren't friends before. We may be able to get there, though. I'm going to talk to her and see what happens.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think there is a lot of potential for it, and I'm excited for it. I also am really excited for our guests on the podcast today because this person is Hans Hans Down.
Speaker 1: His Hans domb Haws, Hans Dom, I don't know.
Speaker 2: His name's Hans. We're having Hans on the podcast today. It's Hans Don.
Speaker 1: It's the Dutch version of Devin. It's Dutch been Ons.
Speaker 3: No, I'm so excited to have him on the podcast and we're going to get into the rest of this episode with him because there's so much to talk about and honestly, we want to share the mic a little bit and let him rant because when.
Speaker 1: Dave goes on a rant, Dave goes on a rant. Dave goes on a rant, He's.
Speaker 2: Got a lot to say, and we are going to hear all of those things when we get back from the break.
Speaker 1: Stay tuned.
Speaker 3: This person is one of my favorite people on the planet. Started on a rival season, you've seen him on Vendetta's Final Reckoning all the way up to being the champion of season Ride or Dies. He's back on our screens again on All Stars five.
Speaker 2: Welcome in Devin Smooth Chalker Walker.
Speaker 4: Hello, ladies, we missed you.
Speaker 5: What an episode, dude?
Speaker 1: What an episode? Yeah, that's the way to put it. What an episode.
Speaker 3: How does it feel to be the hottest man ever to grace the screens of the Challenge?
Speaker 5: Per per you right?
Speaker 4: So, by the power vested in me, given to me by myself, I now declare me the hottest man in the history of the Challenge.
Speaker 2: First round draft pick, the hottest man and an All Star.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you want to know what self? Confidence is everything? And I have stiff competition for the person who thinks they're the hottest. And I think I have now surpassed Fessi. It was previously an unattainable mountaintop, but here I am.
Speaker 3: Do you think when Bessie looks at you now he respects you more because he realizes that you are the hottest.
Speaker 4: Do I think FEESSI respects me now because I think I'm the hottest? Yes? I do.
Speaker 5: I think he respects me more now, Jesse.
Speaker 2: Do you think that he sees how hot you are and he just can't help but to respect you?
Speaker 4: That's now that's gonna be to It's a harder answer. I'm I'm gonna go with yes, But I don't. I just feel like that that probably could be refuted by him. Yeah, potentially.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's a tough sell.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and he and uh a tough smell.
Speaker 1: It's a tough sell and a tough smell, you know.
Speaker 5: Is he actually smells pretty good.
Speaker 4: He was my roommate.
Speaker 1: He smells great.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's got.
Speaker 4: He's got a decent scent, a lot of product.
Speaker 3: I didn't have the first three minutes of this podcast in my mind slotted for FEESSI. But I'm I'm sure he'll be happy to know that he's being talked about.
Speaker 1: In such a great way.
Speaker 4: Cinnamon raisin, tell us more. Cinnamon raisin is his cologne scent.
Speaker 5: He rubs bagels.
Speaker 1: This smells like a blueberry bagel.
Speaker 4: It's bagel it's Bagel's bagel scented.
Speaker 5: Yeah, bagel scented, cinnamon is and bagel scented.
Speaker 4: So that's good. I'm glad we got that out of the way so I can put this note card away.
Speaker 5: No, I'm just kidding. That was straight off the top.
Speaker 6: Oh god.
Speaker 2: So I know how I felt about this watching this episode. How did you feel about it?
Speaker 4: On a scale of a nissa to good. I'd probably put myself at a good. So I don't know. I can only imagine how you felt, but I guess we'll get into it later. I don't know. I thought it was a decent app It's tough, Like the rivals theme. I've been fortunate enough to do these twice now, and it's always like kind of a shot in the dark. I saw someone on Twitter said said something pretty funny, and it was like, I love how these rivals range from you tried to ruin my family last year, you told me I was ugly twenty five years ago.
Speaker 1: So it really does so much spectrum of stuff.
Speaker 5: Everything's a spectrum.
Speaker 4: Yeah, everything's a spectrum.
Speaker 3: Where do you think you and Leroy fall on this spectrum of rivals?
Speaker 5: We're probably middle of the pack.
Speaker 4: To be honest, So like, I don't even think Lee roy knew that I knew that he did all that stuff on Double Agents, because for whatever reason, people forget that it is a TV show that you can watch but also record and then rewatch. So if you're someone like me who really likes to keep a tab on who you may you know, have a free free.
Speaker 5: Shot at I.
Speaker 4: I do do that, And I did watch that season back and think to myself, huh, I really got played here. So for him, I don't think it was he really cared because he was the one doing the mean thing. But for me, I was pretty salty. So I think we're probably middle of the road.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmmm. I I feel interest. I don't think he exactly to your point.
Speaker 3: I don't think he'd have the same reaction, but I'm curious, Like when you guys were standing up there and like TJ was like, okay, Devin and.
Speaker 5: Leroy, were you like how or were you like happy in.
Speaker 4: A way.
Speaker 1: Partner?
Speaker 4: And yeah, well, I mean he Let's keep in mind at this point, Turbo was still on the stage, so I'm like, okay, this has gotta be right. It leveled a pussy chicken level two and pussy Chicken level three, and I'm not sure if you add or multiply those, so us together would have been pussy Chicken level five or six.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but what if we get exponents in there? Then were really fucked.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you throw a couple of parentheses in and then you know we could beget you fasty Chicken double digits.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: But I was happy to have Leroy, obviously happy to have Leroy. You know, he's he's a really good partner. And I say it in this episode, always the bridesmaid, never the bride. I really firmly believe he has all the components to win. There's just a little bit that I think Cam has really helped him with where he he says this even in his own words, that he always feels really bad about like sending people in. And I do believe that, and Cam has really helped him recognize in my opinion, having played with him before and then played with him on Double Agents with Cam has really helped him differentiate, uh, like how to navigate the game without bringing your feelings too far into it, which we can see that Frank is excellent at.
Speaker 2: I would love I already for the notes that but yeah, I need collective notes from all of you of how to just just.
Speaker 1: Go in there and say, I know we're friends. Fuck it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was crazy. Frank's admission was actually I found pretty refreshing.
Speaker 5: I do think it's.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: I love when people pat themselves on the back for like their manipulation skills, when what they're actually doing is just lying directly to your face. It's like, yeah, it's not that hard to do well if you just lie, Like everyone knows that, it's pretty easy if you if you're if you're playing the game.
Speaker 5: With zero integrity, it's not hard to go far. Yeah, it is it. I just don't think it is.
Speaker 3: It's giving that Frank is not coming back for multiple seasons.
Speaker 1: And I say this because you can't talk about it. I might have to change it up.
Speaker 4: I mean, like you may.
Speaker 3: He is, like, how any challengeer watching this has to know his m O after this, it's not gonna work for seasons.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but this is the thing.
Speaker 2: Johnny's been doing it for decades and people still seem to.
Speaker 1: Fall for it. Johnny Johnny has it takes it takes a whole.
Speaker 3: Season to get Johnny to admit he's done something wrong if he ever admits it.
Speaker 4: Frank's coming in hot season one, being like, honestly, I hate them all. I hope that I don't tell him I like him, but I hate them and I want to kill them.
Speaker 5: I actually there's an opportunity. I think he sent me a couple of.
Speaker 1: Texts m M, yeah, you're gonna respond.
Speaker 4: Frank fired off a couple of texts no, I did. I have no problem with Frank. I actually, and when I say this, I truly mean it. I find it refreshing for someone to own it this aggressively. I agree with Tori that I don't think that it's gonna work out. Potentially he's not playing the long game. Okay, so I don't think it's gonna work out in the future, but it is very refreshing. I just love how there's a common like self fulfillment from like lying directly to people's faces. I'm like, I'm like, okay, I get that, Like I guess you tricked them, but like why would they expect Like of course they wouldn't. There's no you're doing it like it's not even needed, you don't even need to do it. So I don't know, it's just a weird. It's kind of an interesting way to play, and we'll see, we'll see how it works out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, h this episode was super interesting.
Speaker 3: But I want to just go back a little bit in time because the last time we saw you on the screens was Battle of the Eras.
Speaker 1: Yes, you left halfway through the game.
Speaker 3: We did see a couple of flowers and bouquets be sent to Michelle, maybe a crossword puzzle in there that we suspected either meant I love you or I hate you, or potentially I like you.
Speaker 1: We were trying to figure out which four letter word you were using in there.
Speaker 3: But you pretty much came home, had a little bit of a break, and went right back into All Stars. What made you decide to go back so quickly and tell us what that transition.
Speaker 1: Was like and also talk a little bit about Michelle.
Speaker 4: Okay, I can do all of those things with style and grace. That was me patting myself in the back. So I actually stayed in Vietnam for like three weeks, maybe maybe like two weeks, and then I got home and I was home for I think like two or three weeks. And while I was still in Vietnam, they asked me to go back, so I.
Speaker 5: Was like, well, I can't stay here forever, So I.
Speaker 4: Got to go home at least, and like check on my boat, make sure it's still floating.
Speaker 1: You have to check on your boat.
Speaker 4: Got to check on.
Speaker 5: The vessel, make sure it's above water.
Speaker 4: So I popped back over to the States briefly, and then honestly I needed the miles to get to.
Speaker 5: Crystal status with Delta.
Speaker 4: So I.
Speaker 5: Free upgrades go a long way.
Speaker 4: No, I didn't like the way that I had left forty, and I believe it or not, it was such a weird misconception of how I feel like my kind of enemies saw the way that I was playing that game versus how I was actually playing it. You've played with me before, atory I was so not trying to manipulate anybody on forty or really even play the game that hard, Like I truly wasn't. I was in bed. There's like a hilarious scene of us of you being like how long you've been in that bed? I'm like about fourteen hours.
Speaker 5: I slept till three.
Speaker 4: I got pretty much blacked out every night, like I was not playing the game, and still like looked around and I was like, oh, it's halfway, maybe I should probably clock in, And then obviously at that point it was too late, but I wanted to really play, and the reason that it was forty was difficult for me. Obviously, whether it came across this way or not, I really was putting other people's games ahead of my of my own, And it seems like at a certain stage I made people choose or whatever, but that was really because it was so clear to me that if I'm not around, I'm not going to be able to kind of help the people that I want to help, and I know they're going to get fucked over later down the line, so I have to draw the line in the sand now. And I felt like this was going to be a good opportunity to go back and play like fully for myself. I knew obviously that a lot of the people we'd normally play with weren't going to be there, and I didn't know what the theme was or anything, but I figured it was just going to be kind of a fresh cast, because what are their psychos are going to go back?
Speaker 5: And I guess it was just me and Anissa.
Speaker 3: I want a redemption for Leroy Katie Doyle or Katie Katie Cooley. There was a few people that were on errors even if it was even if they.
Speaker 1: Weren't there, but they had a been there for a while.
Speaker 5: I No, that's so true.
Speaker 3: I mean, Devin was definitely there the longest, and course you were. You're crushing it this season. I mean, watching you and Leroy compete in this daily challenge, it's not a surprise to me. The one thing that stood out to me the most about you guys was that you only.
Speaker 1: Did two trips with those balls.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, if I know anything about Dave, he is making sure you do less trips. He I like, that's what's one of the most important things I've ever learned from you strategically in a game. So talk to us a little bit about what it's like to work with Leroy. Do you feel like you are mostly the one coaching or developing the strategy for how you wanted to approach each individual challenge or was it like more collaborative.
Speaker 4: So the bar scene has taught me less trips is more fun. So when I go to the Yeah, when I go to the bar, I order two drinks at a time. Yeah, So I don't have to wait in line twice. I just I just that strategy over into the challenge. Now, someone like Dario who had a horrible strategy, I was insane. He was like, He's like, my plan is to take one ball at a time so that when people see us way out in front, it's going to break them mentally. I was like, and then it immediately cuts to like Dario and Ashley with one ball apiece and everyone's directly.
Speaker 5: Behind them with five balls.
Speaker 4: I was like, how'd that work out for you, budd good good strategy. Efficiency is the name of the game. As far as who's leading and who's following with me and Leroy, he definitely deferred to me in terms of like what are you comfortable doing, Let's do that. You also weren't allowed to take. I don't think you were allowed to take more than five balls. I'm not sure what the rules were, but either you weren't allowed to or doing two trips of five was the same as doing six and four, right, So yeah, we knew we were going to do it in two trips and that was FESSI and Amber did the same thing. But as far as whoever's taken the lead, I think me and Leroy have a really good balance of neither one of us being super committed to like our own strategy. If the other person's really confident in.
Speaker 5: Theirs, I mean, that's good.
Speaker 3: That's obviously so important to like have a good, healthy partnership with somebody. I think like it was a little shocking in a good way to see Leroy kind of be like, I'm actually gonna take the reins on this puzzle.
Speaker 4: Did he actually do that or.
Speaker 1: Was he just saying that in his interview.
Speaker 4: Tangerine puzzles, as Drell famously calls them, are my kryptonite in a lot of ways I've lost. I lost a lot of them. So I was happy when he was like confident, that's what I mean. I was like, oh, no, doubt. Like before, we didn't know what the puzzle was before we got to the station, So once we got there and it was a tanagram, I was like, all means, if you feel like you have this, let it rip. And he did really well, like he truly. What's funny about that is I was I probably did better in the obstacle portion, and Leroy did better in the puzzle we like reversed roles.
Speaker 1: Mmm, love a little row reversal. He left a little row reversal.
Speaker 4: Yeah, lit some dom something crazy, a little switch.
Speaker 1: We love, we love a good switch. Well, you guys crushed it. It worked for you. You guys least challenge.
Speaker 4: I loved it and shout out Anissa the cargo net slayer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, said I looked at it like, Devin, as long as.
Speaker 1: You win, I'm safe. Yeah, that was part of my strategy. We're looking at him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there was no reason. We passed each other on the rope at one point and I was like I think. I was like Anissa, chill, like, you're good, We're gonna win, Like it's fine.
Speaker 1: No, I'm like I'll hold it steady for you. I'm like I'll just wait here.
Speaker 4: Yeah. And that's that was in these paired situations like this, and had we not had a star and had I not felt like there was kind of this whisper going around the house that Adam and Steve are going to be the house volte and I'm like, okay, well, if they win. This seems like a male male team target situation. So if they win and they're safe, yeah, we have some connections. But also as we're seeing it, The feeling in the house overall was like, don't get too comfortable, definite Leroy because if Adam and Steve go, you're next in line. Like, no one felt like they could beat us, to be honest, no one felt like they could beat us. So we needed to win, and we did. And I don't know, it was a tough decision. I know Sylvia and Kelly and are probably pissed about it, but it wasn't It certainly wasn't a personal thing. I was looking at it more like this is just one of the teams that I really don't know where they stand right, Like, I know they've got connections to Ashley, but then Kelly An's got connections to Amber, and then Shane and Devon get put in the blender there as well. It's like we it was really hard to determine who was working with who, especially because I was so bored that I was so bored, they were so bored.
Speaker 5: They were painfully boring.
Speaker 1: We cross where, we cross worded heavily.
Speaker 4: BESI was the most interesting person there. It was insane. It was absolutely insane. I mean, obviously outside of a NISS who I have a relationship with outside of the game, I went in there thinking to myself, well, someone's got to have something.
Speaker 5: And then like Daria walks in, I'm like, whoa big miss?
Speaker 4: All Star? Unbelievable?
Speaker 5: All Star were like no star review on Yelp.
Speaker 4: Or like one star review.
Speaker 7: Don't go here, Ashley Kelsey, so a snorefest. Oh I'm sorry, I'm sorry, nice person, snorefest.
Speaker 4: And also, can I just say one thing that I also just absolutely loathe about most of the people that were there. It was fucking talk about my baby time all the time. It was all the time, everyone talk about our babies.
Speaker 5: Now, shut up.
Speaker 4: No one cares about your baby.
Speaker 5: I certainly do not care about your child. I don't care about them at all.
Speaker 4: I hope they are alive, and I hope they're healthy and having a good life. But I don't want to talk.
Speaker 5: I don't want to talk about them or to them.
Speaker 4: I have no interest in it.
Speaker 5: Everyone just kept being like my cat and my wife.
Speaker 4: I was like, Jesus Christ's five weeks, everybody.
Speaker 5: Relax, We're gonna be fine.
Speaker 4: So I pretty much just buried myself in crosswords and and uh in Carlsberg's and and uh. Yeah. It was a snorefest.
Speaker 5: So I I mean, I feel it.
Speaker 1: I feel apps and a lot of crosswords.
Speaker 3: It feels like you really had to get that out. So I'm so happy that we were able to be there for you to I know.
Speaker 4: Thank you, And I'm so sorry about everyone with children. They're so interesting.
Speaker 5: Hey, quick newsflash. No one cares about your kid except for you on my wa who cares about your cat? No one else cares.
Speaker 4: If they're acting like they care, they don't.
Speaker 5: They're lying to your face.
Speaker 3: You know what, I have to say that it's really hard to care about normal life stuff when you're in a game, playing for a lot of money, and you're worried about if the person you're talking to is manipulative like Frank or as you say, just lying straight to your face, you know, like like you just never know in a house like that, it's very difficult to take people for face value in that game.
Speaker 1: For sure.
Speaker 4: Things I don't want to do talk about your kid, look at photos of your kid, sing your kid happy birthday, all things that happened in a one hour. In one hour or honestly, what they should do is they should put them all in a room and start a timer and give them an hour to talk about their kids, and then and then hard ice on your children.
Speaker 1: For twenty three hours a day.
Speaker 4: Okay, get you get your what do they call it in jail? You get your yard time. Okay, I'll go out in the yard talk about your kids. When you come.
Speaker 5: Back to your cell. You need to not talk about your children anymore. Okay, I'm not all stars.
Speaker 1: Six parents first, non parents.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, brutal.
Speaker 3: Okay, No, it's good that you got that out, so we know how you feel about talking about children. How do you feel about people saying I'm sick, don't vote me into elimination.
Speaker 4: I like it more than talking about people's kids. I'd put that one notch above. But so to be fair, this was.
Speaker 1: Kind of really was very sick.
Speaker 5: I mean, we saw the sweat.
Speaker 4: We made him sit on the front of the bus, we created a barrier. Yeah, I'm actually shocked that Steve didn't have a remedy, some sort of remedy. I also do want to get to Steve's hair. At some point Elite. I didn't know they were giving out perms Steve. I would have got one, bud unbelievable. Apparently, I don't know I wasn't sure. He looked great. His hair looks unreal when he lets it down. I just we never saw it because he never wore it down in the house.
Speaker 1: A lot of pontiadbands before his interviews.
Speaker 5: He must have been getting perms because it looks great. Nice, looks nice.
Speaker 1: But have you seen his hands?
Speaker 5: His hands are elite? Yeah, his hand model yeah? Oh oh trust me.
Speaker 3: Did he talk about it a lot? Like as much as people talked about children.
Speaker 4: H Dude. Here's the thing about Steve is he's actually super interesting and I like him a lot. People get him going and then they're like, oh my god, he won't stop talking about his hands. It's like, dude, you asked yeah, they run, You asked him about it, You asked him about his beautiful hands. You sit there and listen. He's been he's been patiently waiting for a turn in between child time to talk about his hands. Now you listen.
Speaker 3: It's just so funny because if you're in the Challenge house, you know that people talk in circles about what they have to talk about, Like everyone's on a loop.
Speaker 1: Like everyone comes it's been five minutes.
Speaker 3: They're coming back to their kids or they're coming back to They're like, I can just imagine.
Speaker 1: And the thing is is.
Speaker 3: You you didn't know that many people this time around, so you're meeting them.
Speaker 4: Yo. They were chasing me around the yard, like can I tell you about my kid? I was like, no, get away from me. They thought I was running for exercise. I was just trying to stay moving. I was just trying to stay moving. So I was at an earshot.
Speaker 1: I a circular path that we would like.
Speaker 4: They were out, They like had picket signs. What do we want to do talk about our kids? When do we want to do it? Now?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 4: When do we want to do it? At every waking moment.
Speaker 5: I can't handle it.
Speaker 1: I can't handle this.
Speaker 4: Adam.
Speaker 5: Adam was writing his kid's names on his forearms.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, how do you think you're gonna feel if you have a kid.
Speaker 1: You don't think you're going to be doing that.
Speaker 4: I don't think I'll be writing their names on my forearms on a game show. I could be wrong. My life could take a turn. I I'm not sure, but if I had to guess, I would say probably not. Keep in mind, I flushed Kyle's ultrasound photo down the toilet in thirty seven, So just in general, I don't know, I don't want to hear about that ship.
Speaker 1: Watch that were you done?
Speaker 4: No, he tried to get He tried to show me his thing, and I was like, this is gonna, this is gonna emotionally distract you, and I can't have it because you're my number one.
Speaker 5: So I took his ultra sound flushed it in the game Kyle, and in the game so fucked hilarious.
Speaker 1: What about Kelly? What about Kelly?
Speaker 3: And she talks about her dogs a lot or dogs a lot, which and you know me, I'm an animal lover. But is it was it the same amount as talks about kids.
Speaker 1: Or is it just more of an interview thing.
Speaker 4: I don't think she talked about dogs that much. I didn't talk about dogs too much. Kelly's actually Kelly and was relatively chill.
Speaker 1: I'm a Kellyan fan.
Speaker 5: There really wasn't anybody that I disliked.
Speaker 4: There just wasn't many people that I liked and I and I don't know how that plays out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, honestly, I'm a big Steve guy.
Speaker 4: Steve was one of the more interesting people, like like, I mean that genuinely, Yeah, Steve is one of the one of the more interesting people that was that was there for me, like.
Speaker 1: Very smart, he knows a lot about a lot of things.
Speaker 5: Yeah he doesn't.
Speaker 4: I mean, he likes the chat. He's a chatter.
Speaker 5: He's a chatty cat chatter.
Speaker 1: He's a chatty cat.
Speaker 3: I liked him on All Stars four, so I was excited. It's just so interesting, Like I know you so well, so I was really wondering who you were gonna vibe with. And I think that's like another green flag with around Steve, because I also feel like I would really like him too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, No, Steve, Steve is great.
Speaker 4: And it wasn't that I again that I didn't I like, it wasn't that I was like not vibing with people. It's that for whatever reason. And I think, honestly, it's like early in the game, people are trying to play it safe.
Speaker 5: I don't know. Maybe it just didn't kind of it like didn't click, but it was.
Speaker 4: It was a little boring.
Speaker 1: Well I'm glad you got that out, all of that, every part of it. All Right, we have to take a quick break. We'll be right back after this. Okay, let's get back to the show.
Speaker 3: You definitely stirred the pot, you know, when you had your power with Leroy, You guys went around, you had all of the conversations, and it completely threw all of us for a loop when you ended up choosing kelly In and Sylvia to go into the elimination.
Speaker 1: When did you decide to do that?
Speaker 4: We had narrowed it down. We go over to Adam and Steve. We go Adam Steve, take three teams off the list. We don't you're already sick. You got fucked over by the house. We don't want to like, we're not putting in stars for this reason. So we've taken like two teams off the list.
Speaker 5: Take three off the list. Who do you not want to go against?
Speaker 4: At least we can do that for you. And then based off the teams that they didn't decide, we were left with I believe Shane and Davon, kelly In and Sylvia, and then Frank and Sam and they were like, we're fine with any of these options. So we just was like, Shane and Davon, I haven't I don't have a huge relationship with either one of them, but I've played with Shane before, I've done the podcast a few times with Davon.
Speaker 5: I think she's hilarious, so I wasn't going to go that route.
Speaker 4: And then we had a conversation with Frank and Sam and they just, I guess, gave us a little bit more faith that we would be prioritized. So it just it wasn't that we had anything against KellyAnn and Sylvia.
Speaker 5: It was just they just ended up kind of being the odd team out.
Speaker 3: Well, now that we've heard Frank say verbatim that he can manipulate you easily because you have an ego, do you regret not putting in Frank.
Speaker 4: And Sam that ego? Frank talking about someone else's ego is quite quite the kettle hot scenario if you ask me. I think he's a great guy, but he conceded is an understatement. Frank does believe he is God's gift to this green Earth, and he is very handsome, he's smart as hell, he is in good shape. I find him to be a little mean. I'm just gonna say it. I think he's a little mean to Sam. I think he was mean to her kind of the whole time, and he's kind of covering it with like this weird support that's like very see through to me. But No, Frank had zero input on our decision to put Kelly in. Essentially, we were like, hey, there's three teams we're gonna pick from. You're one of them. Make a case for the other two. And he made a case for both of the other two. But no, Frank, Frank wasn't manipulating. I don't think as much as he thinks or thought that he was. I can see why he would want we always have to remember these interviews happened later. And I think sometimes things happen in the game where you're like, Okay, I've done this thing. Now let me go back retroactively and make it seem like this is what was happening the whole time. And for those of us that have done the show several times, we know that that is a strategy used. I did it to you. Remember when I couldn't to me? Yeah, remember when I couldn't pull the rope up And I was like, I totally did this on purpose. It's like, no, I couldn't pull the rope up because I was a little weany.
Speaker 1: Like I don't even care. I'm like, you were just trying to get me.
Speaker 5: You're trying to get me as your rival.
Speaker 1: Turns out you got me as your ride or die.
Speaker 5: I know how that, how.
Speaker 4: That happened, How that happened, Big swing and a miss.
Speaker 5: Did you guys watch my ridiculousness episode or what?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, no you're watch it.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, it's so good.
Speaker 1: It's so good.
Speaker 4: I just want to say this to any challengers that are listening to this, which is probably zero, but if you do get the opportunity, if you get the opportunity to go and do it, it's very fun. And uh, it was a great experience. So thanks shout out to them for having me. And uh, what a night that was when we got double double Devin.
Speaker 5: You know Double Devin.
Speaker 3: We got Double Devin first episode of All Stars, and then we went we went straight into ridiculousness. And I think what killed me the most was your Instagram stories where you were like and at ten pm, after hours spicy content.
Speaker 5: I was so I died, I was laughing so hard.
Speaker 4: I just I want everybody to know that I crack myself up.
Speaker 1: I think it's so clear.
Speaker 4: I know there just hooting and howling over here on a daily basis, so low. I called toy yesterday. I was like, hey, have you uh, hey, you liking your house? And she was like, I never leave it. I was like, I know me too, it's great. I'm just in here fucking cracking myself up. It's great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you just have to leave it for three months at a time, or in your in your situation, six months or eight months in Vietnam, and then you go back and you watch yourself in Vietnam from your house.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's not that bad.
Speaker 4: Go to Vietnam, come home, watch yourself in Vietnam, rinse and repeat.
Speaker 1: Go back to Vietnam down the street from your old house.
Speaker 5: Yeah, listen, everyone, don't overthink it.
Speaker 4: Book a ticket to Vietnam.
Speaker 2: Oh I can't nice.
Speaker 5: Nice, don't overthink it.
Speaker 3: You know who I think probably won't be booking a ticket to Vietnam anytime soon.
Speaker 1: And soh I.
Speaker 3: Was gonna say KellyAnn and Sylvia because they seem to be leaving on good terms and they both have weddings to plant per this episode.
Speaker 2: And Sylvia loved you, it seemed she was. She was so excited, she was happy to be in there.
Speaker 4: I did get that invite, but I did switch addresses. So I imagine it probably just went to the wrong place. Let's talk about them for a second.
Speaker 3: I want to to I want to do a direct quote from Sylvia Devin, you can kiss my flat ass.
Speaker 1: How does that make you feel? I?
Speaker 4: Uh would, I left?
Speaker 5: I would so funny. I would rather kiss Sylvia's flat ass than get her armpit sweat on my shoulder.
Speaker 4: Disgusting.
Speaker 1: You didn't love them just bonding over. I did what I really did.
Speaker 5: I hated that. I hated that.
Speaker 4: I may have hated that more than I hate when someone has a condiment stain on their shirt in a water park, which I hate. It's a it's a niche hate, but I loathe it.
Speaker 5: I had that.
Speaker 4: I hated that. I hated that. But yeah, I don't think they'll be going back to uh the Vietnam anytime soon. Honestly, they were pretty entertaining. We in retrospect, we should have kept them around.
Speaker 5: But again, I don't know.
Speaker 4: It was early, no one had really done anything. You know how it is like when you win one early and everyone's kind of just like promising the same thing. It's like, yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Don't know how you figure it out?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it's like okay, well, whatever one of you. Yeah, I don't know, pick your poison essentially, so yeah, but yeah, I don't know. They were you know, gone too soon hashtag gone too soon.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I definitely feel like Kelly Ann and Sylvia brought.
Speaker 1: It like their fight was.
Speaker 3: I mean, obviously for them it was very real, but like they they brought it this season for them, every every.
Speaker 1: Word, Yeah, the seed next Tuesday and she meant it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like they weren't faking it. There wasn't like the you're okay. They were really like, bitch, I don't like you, and I don't like you either.
Speaker 4: I was disappointed Beth was gone so soon. I was really disappointed.
Speaker 2: That's what's starting to really Uh you were a big Beth guys.
Speaker 1: More about Beth.
Speaker 5: I'm a big Beth guy. I gotta just call it how I see it. I know people.
Speaker 4: Don't love her. I know she may have trying to try to uh ruin a couple of relationships along the way.
Speaker 5: I don't.
Speaker 4: I'm a big Beath guy, you know, Yeah, I just damn uh she She was nice to me and I thought she was pretty funny and you know, so like you know how I really liked Jody as well, because.
Speaker 1: I really like Jody.
Speaker 4: I'm not going to compare Beth and Jody because they are very different, but in my interactions with them, they were both like kind of like down to hang out, drink beers and like had a little something going. Yeah, like Beth was getting after it a little bit, so that's awesome.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know, I.
Speaker 2: Like beer pong, dude, I'm telling you.
Speaker 4: It was probably like of people I didn't know super well going in that I enjoyed hanging out with Beth was up there. Sam's great. We get to see a little Sam and a Nissa moment in this episode, which I thought was which I thought was great, And I feel the same way about that.
Speaker 1: I always want to support people.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was, I was. I felt I did feel a little badly for Sam. She got off to kind of a rough start obviously, just like with that climate, it's like pretty brutal to to do that type of stuff in And I really thought she means she was pushing herself to failure, So like that that is at just because your your failure level may not be where somebody else's is, the will power to push yourself to failure is something to be admired and something you should get credit for. And I was just looking at that of like, the mental fortitude it takes to push yourself to the point of your body failing before giving up is like all I would want to see in a partner. And so I thought that was a cool moment when you were kind of giving her flowers for that and you said, of course.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 3: And Anissa another direct quote, she called you beautiful and smart.
Speaker 1: How do you feel about that? I think they're both accurate. I knew you were going to say that. I knew.
Speaker 2: I think it's nice to hear those things. I think it's nice to be to, you know, do something kind and know that it's it's genuine and that someone received it the way that it was intended. And I only wanted her I knew how. I know how she feels, and you know, our experiences might be a little different, but I wanted her to feel comfortable. Yes, she's stellar at crosswords, so is she She really got some good She really got some one that I could have never figured out.
Speaker 4: We would call in the closer. Sam was the closer. We'd call in the closer and she'd be like, uh, I don't know, like, uh, jimminy crickets were like, what how the hell did you get that?
Speaker 5: She's like I saw the jay Like what he's like, humpty dumpty. I'm like, are you just saying like riddles?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: It actually works to.
Speaker 4: Keep guessing nursery rhymes. What's going on here?
Speaker 1: Why do it get so dark over there? Devin? I know, Dave, I need you to put it on because I'm very.
Speaker 3: You're just fainting into the abyss where Okay, you're back?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I was quite nervous.
Speaker 4: He went out.
Speaker 5: It's terrible.
Speaker 2: I want to know, Devin. You did have some notes written down? Is there anything we missed? Anything?
Speaker 4: Well, okay, so let's just see what I have written down that I kind of had questions about.
Speaker 5: So here's something Shane said.
Speaker 4: Is it Is it a widely accepted fact that men can't handle sickness?
Speaker 5: I've never heard this before. Yes, this is a thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but we do say that men can't handle like the common cold, and like women are so powerful and strong we give birth and can have fevers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh that's a thing and periods and all out.
Speaker 4: Well, I was I was unsure if that was a saying I'd never heard Okay, so that is true. Now onto my second note card. Veronica states during the challenge that she believes she is doing a good job of laying low, and I just would like to say, Veronica, I agree you are. You are certainly doing that. If that is a strategy, congratulations, you have nailed it. It seems like it's it's easy to say that's your strategy when it is the only thing you are capable of doing. But needless to say, I applaud you on doing that strategy.
Speaker 1: That's not the emoji that I am.
Speaker 3: For anyone who can't see this, which is everyone because we don't have a video podcast and he's just putting her face over her hands over her face.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I just thought that was hilarious of it being like, oh, yeah, no, this is strictly strategy based. I was like, really, because it seems like probably just the only possible option.
Speaker 5: I can't Dario had another knee slapper.
Speaker 4: I guess that.
Speaker 5: Something along the lines of, I guess the challenge has changed since eighty eight or eighty six random years to pick.
Speaker 4: Also a little bit of agism from Dario. Don't love it don't love it, Dario. Yeah, not only the same joke that's been recycled I don't know four hundred times on this challenge.
Speaker 5: Oh it's an old person wheelchair eighties. It's like, come on, dude, dinosaurs Yeah, like din something gray hair, It's like, can you for the love of God?
Speaker 4: So you know, yeah, Dario with another absolute zinger, would expect nothing less from him, and then my and then my and then my final My final note, which I'm actually gonna just putting bullet points on a T shirt is my mom had a.
Speaker 5: Jaguar, I had a Volvo.
Speaker 4: I grew up in a three story house, and a thousand people went to my high.
Speaker 8: School where and in what world is that something that we are using to I guess prove a point.
Speaker 4: And if so, what point is it?
Speaker 5: I don't know, Oh exactly, Like I don't, I don't.
Speaker 4: It was just I thought it was random.
Speaker 5: Volvo really got me.
Speaker 4: A thousand people went to my high school had me dying. I'm like, what what does that mean? I don't know what that means. So if people want to buy them, they'll be on my website where Devin Walker and it's just going to say my mom had a Jaguar.
Speaker 5: I had a Volvo.
Speaker 4: Oh, I lived in a three story house, and then a thousand people went to my high school. And those are those are all my notes actually. Oh and then also I have written down Steve's hair is elite hashtag herm. Yeah, that's that's the last I already talked about that so we can.
Speaker 5: Yeah, those are all the notes I had from the challenge.
Speaker 2: My face hurts and that's why no one can see us when we do this, because I had botox. But you would know because I don't know what to do with my face because it still fucking moves and it is involuntary at this point.
Speaker 4: Oh no, not involuntary facial movement like what And he said not that.
Speaker 1: Dad's gonna put a shirt.
Speaker 4: With that quote.
Speaker 5: Someone called the paramedic.
Speaker 4: Hey, hey, first world problems. Am I right? But Dario, you.
Speaker 5: Got a zinger for that. You got a boatox zinger up your sleeve.
Speaker 4: Buddy.
Speaker 1: Oh man, I'm old and I need botox.
Speaker 4: Would be like, oh stiff crowd.
Speaker 5: Oh god, listen, kid is a comedian.
Speaker 1: Do you know who was a comedian? I'll say this right before we go. Adam had some great ball jokes and you didn't love them.
Speaker 4: I loved them. God Jesus, I will just say this between Ashley and Adam, the whites are whiting uh aggressively. It's so absurd. I was like, holy shit, this is what people mean, this is what they're talking about.
Speaker 5: Okay, I got it.
Speaker 4: Unreal. Uh So it's a good place to end there, I guess. But yeah, two of the two of the whitest. Oh man, I've forgotten. Beth was there too, Love Beth, but what a white?
Speaker 5: What a white?
Speaker 2: So this was definitely all said on the show, and I never cracked up more in my life when Adam had to then say, We're like, Adam, what do you think bb W a bbl is?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I wasn't there for that, but yes, you were.
Speaker 1: Was outside with the whitest of the white.
Speaker 5: I was probably disassociating, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: But I'm bump so good nailed it well, Dave, Thank you so much for coming on the podcast and literally being my favoritepisode of the season. Yeah, my face is literally in pain. Where can people follow you? And again, where can they buy your merch and where can they support you? Any other platform that you'd like to shine a little light on.
Speaker 1: Right now.
Speaker 5: My Patreon. Devin Walker reacts, Okay, you have Patreon. I have a Patreon, and I react to things and.
Speaker 4: It's pretty funny.
Speaker 5: It's pretty funny, and people really like it, and we're proud of you.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 4: A lot of rants, So just hop on there and I'll be recording live from the Bahamas for the remainder of the season because your boys catching a jet plane out of town. Also, I believe there's still tickets available for Challenge Mania for Thodderdale, yes yep, which will be happening the day after Tory's birthday, So if you want to come celebrate with Dave and and Rachel, which should not be awkward at all, we will be there.
Speaker 2: It's so nice that you took time out of your busy day to come on here and chat with us. It is always fun to have you. You are hilarious and now I'm gonna need more botox because of it.
Speaker 4: Oh that's nice. Well, glad I ruined your forehead and thanks for having me. Everybody, and just remember that your feelings are.
Speaker 6: Valid and you like to eat salad, and you like to eat salad.
Speaker 4: I love that.
Speaker 1: That's so nicer. Two things.
Speaker 6: That's right, ladies, god Hian Devin is truly the best.
Speaker 1: He does he does, he is the best. He's so funny. I love. I still think he should be one of our hosts.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 3: I mean if we if we ever had to host in a trio, he would be the other.
Speaker 1: He would be hanging out with Dave. It's true, it'd be two a nieces and a day. I mean two days in a Nissa. I'm sorry, my brains, it'd be called the Dad Podcast.
Speaker 3: Well, Anissa, even though we can't talk to Dave anymore, we can still find you on Instagram.
Speaker 1: Where can we.
Speaker 3: Follow you, support you and tell you that we love you?
Speaker 2: It's Anissa MTV. That's a n E E s a m t V on Instagram. And Tory, where can they follow you and show you some love and some support?
Speaker 1: You guys can show me some loves in's and support sins at Tory Underscore deal on Instagram. But more importantly, thank you for joining.
Speaker 3: Us for another episode of MTV's official Challenge podcast. Make sure you tell all your fellow Challenge bands to listen, rate, and review us.
Speaker 2: Catch a Challenge All Stars rivals on MTV. Join us after as we go behind the scenes on empty v's official challenge podcast.
Speaker 1: Paramount Podcasts