Speaker 1: You are listening to the Daily Best of The Rick Burgers Show. Hey, catch the entire show wherever you get podcasts, or watch us live and archived on YouTube, and subscribers can watch the Daily Best of the Rick Burgers Show on Blaze TV. Thanks for watching and listening, and be sure to follow us on social media for more from the whole gang at The Rick Burgers Show. Man, Are you ready America? The text Nation speaks? The Gulf of America says We're ready. Mississippi says We're ready. Robbinsville, North Carolina is ready. Titusville, Pennsylvania here and ready all five hours, Mountain Bowe, Alabama Ready. The New Pope is ready?
Speaker 2: Is he home there?
Speaker 1: Laurel, Mississippi is ready? Speedy's wallet is ready in hiding Detroit, Rock City is back, Weaver Alabama, Mississippi State University and they just roar in. Waste Management is ready all five hours. Hart Soul, Alabama is ready, Ozark is in the Hayauds, the Rocket City is ready, Michigan is ready.
Speaker 2: Who's ready?
Speaker 1: The list just pours in? Good to see that. Lane Kibbin's yoga mat is also ready. Loving it? Uh So as we're moving through another hour, on another day, on another week. Uh, the gang is all here, Speedy, Greg and Adler, And thanks to all of you letting us know you're already here. A shocking number of all five hour people. Look, thank you. That's a that's a lot of content, and we thank you for that. To say that this is an active week for this team and for this show would be an enormous understatement. Guys, I mean, look at Speedy. I can see it. I can just see the pressure look his face. Sorry, buddy, We're gonna get through it. Look, why do you eat an elephant? It's one bite at a time. That's it. Don't get out ahead of you, say if you can't think about Wednesday right now, you got things worry about today. I know. Okay, So I'm going in order. So we're going to to let's go with today. Okay, let's just let's just go with today. Sure, today, we are going to announce the winner of Make Mama Smile Again. Dudney will come in.
Speaker 3: We have a winner, we haven't we do, and the audience has spoken thousands of votes, thousands, thousands, and it's down.
Speaker 1: We now have a winner, Yes we do. It was a tight race. It was we have we have a winner. Yeah. Also today we will have Gene Halman come in. Gene Halban will attempt to explain to all of you who will be participating and can actually get to the event coming up in Birmingham, Alabama, Historic Graystone This Wednesday, we'll all broadcast live first time on location for the Rick Burgess Show. Yep, okay, we'll be on location the Coca Cola what is it called the Coca Cola Patio? If you're coming, if you're coming to the program, you can just come by and see us. Yeah, we'll be there. We'll be gripping and grinning, hanging out. Gary will be here. Hiks, I still ain't got my shirt. I'm taking Gary's shirt to him today, taking his shirt to him today. Hey, you're gonna bring that shirt? Yes, I'm bringing it today. Okay. So I'll get Gary in his polo, which should be interesting. He claimed he wanted an extra large and that's what I'm taking.
Speaker 3: I can't wait to see it. So and he's my baggage. So I got geared. Okay, you got gear.
Speaker 1: You don't have to worry about Gary, got it. You're gonna meet me in your studio. I mean, I don't want to have any I'll meet you Gary. That means he's there for the long time. What about when we've done, it'll be I'll carry you back to your trouble. Hey. Once he's in, he can't leave till you So that's just locked in. That'll and so, but Hallman will announce today you're gonna get an opportunity that he has hand picked a group that if you donate the most money, you get to walk inside the ropes with him. You're not playing, but you get to hang out with the group. Speedyes group because of us having a smaller team now, is going to tee off after the show. Yes, but we'll tell you when he's will be a lot less stressful to be.
Speaker 4: So I think that's why that's why we need you, buddy, We.
Speaker 1: Need you, We need you. So that's we're announcing all that today. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And and for those of you that like man, I can't walk, when Rick says you can walk and have inside the rope access, you're actually going to have your own car. You had the highest bidder, so you can kind of good point. You can kind of creep along and follow the group and sometimes just hang out in the car to other times get to the green, walk out, you know, and and stand there by the green with them and hang out and you'll get to know them and it's always fun. We always hear from from past highest bidders that that they say, man, that was a really cool day, you know, just to be out there in it. And you know, again, no attempt to mojo here. I'm just going off of what the forecast says. The heat comes in on Wednesday, but it looks looks to be a beautiful day. I mean, like that's just what the forecast says. It's not me saying it. I'm looking at the daily. I'm looking at the daily.
Speaker 1: Looks good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but we've got we have the uh, the celebrity program list, and I won't steal it from Gene, but there's some big names, those that you know have played there before and and others that I think it's the first time for them. So it's it's pretty good. And you know, this is a major, This is a major tournament on the Champions Tour. I mean, this isn't just you know, if you actually get to to when the pros come out this, this is when the legends return and these are all the names. If you're a little older, you know they they're the names that you remember that that are now playing in the Champions Tour.
Speaker 1: And so it's it's gonna be a great weekend, Adler. This is when the tubers get upset with you. I already see it on text Nation. Will the celebrity pro m be on YouTube? And the answer is live? No, But but you always gather quite a bit of footage and then you'll put out kind of a here were the best of moments of it and a few days after Yes, is that accurate?
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 5: I've never been able to have a reliable live stream out there.
Speaker 1: It's not possible. We need we need something that is super steady. I mean, this is five hours. We can't have something that you know, it works for a little while and then it starts spinning. Then we come back. You can't do what we do unless you've got I mean, it's got to be solid and it's got to be fast, and we just don't have that.
Speaker 5: I've spent many mores just reconnecting all morning and then you end up missing the morning. I'm like, wow, so that was a great morning.
Speaker 3: Well that's a good point because it became so frustrating for everybody, for you trying to get the feed up because you hear the feeds down, and then for those trying to watch, they were getting frustrated because the feed kept going down. Right, So it's just nobody's winning on that.
Speaker 1: It's a no win to try to do that, and so we'll grab it. And now let me say this, follow us on social media because we'll be shooting videos, short videos from there all day long. Space Speedy does a good job of that. Admir will do a good job of that. I do it. Greg won't participate. All right, all right, So somebody says, and I say yes on this, I know where we are. If you're the highest bidder, can you hang out on the patio up until your group leaves? And I yes, of course, yes, of course.
Speaker 3: And your group if that's who you choose, it's they're going to go off at eight thirty am Central time. I'll say that, so you could get there early.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately, uh, the buses that run people in and out of there, I don't think they start running until like six, But as soon as that happens or whatever, I don't know. Normally we just get the winter information, hand that over to the region. Come and then however they plan that out with you.
Speaker 1: You can get there. But yes, you will get time on the patio. Yeah, so hanging out with us, and you'll be kind of vi I P chilling. Yeah, you chill, You'll be chilling. You can sit over Greg and whole court drink some coffee.
Speaker 3: Right, and to announcement, I'm announced to the two of you.
Speaker 1: You're saying that Gregg and me singling.
Speaker 3: Out the brothers right right, that breakfast won't start running until we've started.
Speaker 1: I know, and saying that messes me up. I know, I know. We just normally I just go eat breakfast.
Speaker 3: What we do is during the break running there, grab you a plate and eat during the breaks or something like that.
Speaker 1: You'll be fine. You know what that means? Really good? You know what that means? Greg, I have to start to day with the gay breakfast. Oh no, that's all I have access, Yeah, just the whole Yeah, So we'll do that. So that's today, and recapping the weekend. Another thing today the first episode, Wow, massive feedback already the first episode of Strange Encounters, the brand new podcast with Blaze TV. Launched this weekend. Massive response already Episode two we will do this weekend. It'll be out this weekend. So thank you for all your feedback on that, and so that was exciting to see that kind of feedback so quick. Also episode seventeen this past weekend of Rick and Bubba's Greatest Hits in Radio Gold. The podcast also dropped, So all those things. If you were caught up and celebrate mom over the weekend and you didn't see any of that, you haven't gone access to any of that yet. That's available to you today as well, and then tomorrow we'll be the launch of Men Don't Run in the Rain. Can I tell you all of you men speeded it over the weekend. I'm getting a lot of those that keep sending me pictures of you not running in the rain and videos. That's really funny, Dad, You've had plenty of opportunities as you have. So that book at the Herd, the hardcover, the kindle, the e book, all that will be tomorrow. The audio version will it be there tomorrow, I don't know, we'll see. It's hard to get all that to land on the same day, but hopefully it will be there. But you and also tomorrow will be the opportunity to get a signed copy for Father's Day, so that that window will open tomorrow as well. So we've got we got a lot to do, man. Yeah, a lot happening here though. Oh rbs Ye.
Speaker 2: Big week, big week, big time, big week.
Speaker 1: By the way, some people saying, Rick, can we meet you at the studio and ride with you and Gary well until the truck's full. Fine, and if it's a pretty morning, some of them riding the back, just come on here, let's jump off in it. You got the Rick Burgess Show. What an honor I had to talk to one of the great American farmers that is with Moinc. Moinc is just an incredible company, and I love what they're doing. They're fighting for the American farmer. Now here's a little education moment for you. Did you know that four companies control over eighty percent of the US meat industry. China now controls the largest portion of US pork. And these companies are using some not so wonderful tactics to crush American family farms. With the additives they're putting into the food, Americans are stuck with sketchy meat and now during the make America healthy end. This is the time for the American farmer. This company Moinc. They are, you know, bringing meat to the market on behalf of American family farms and your family's food security too. The business simple. Moink meat comes from animals raised outdoors where a pig is free to be a pig. The farmers are given an honest day's pay for an honest day's work. They deliver the meat straight to your doorstep at prices you can actually afford. Born, raised and harvested right here in the United States of America. Now remember when you see on the packaging and these big grocery stores you know USA, that only means it was packaged here, does not mean it was raised here. Okay, So if you want to support American family farms, why don't you join the moink movement today. We have it at our house and we love it. Moinkbox dot com slash big vox. Right now you're gonna get free wings for life, and their wings are fabulous. You'll love them the best wings you ever taste. Go to m o i n k box dot com slash big vox. That's moointbox dot com slash big vox and get wings for life when you order this delicious meat that comes from American family farms. So we've had, you know, Mother's Day this past weekend. I hope everybody mama. So I hope all of y'all had a great Mother's Day. I hope all of you out there got a chance to at least talk to you mom or reach out to your mom if you still have Mama took care of those of you that are married, if your wife and you y'all have children, hopefully that your your wife who's the mother of your children, had a big weekend.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: But are ours where we live, you know, we're in the middle of that springtime. Here comes a thunderstorm, here comes some rain, here comes this and we're dodging in and out of it all weekend.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 1: And if you have dogs that don't like storms, man.
Speaker 3: You try to do the prep work. And for those of you that have them, you know what I mean. If you know, you know and and we tried that one of our dogs his name is Jack, and I know we have a human name for a dog. You know that is confusing, Like if I said, hey, Jack's over, you would think has a.
Speaker 1: Dude that's weird as I say, your dog was named Dawhite.
Speaker 3: Okay, Kevin, I don't know why Jack gets a past Franklin. Which Jack is the oldest of our two dogs. And for some reason over the last few years he started freaking out when when thunderstorms come in. If he hears thunder or he sees lightning outside, he'll or even if the wind's blowing real strong, he'll start looking at the window. And there's times that we like turn the volume up or turn music on to drownd out anything going on outside, but he still sees through it.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 3: Last night where we live, probably around nine thirty local time last night, a system came through and it was full of thunder and lightning, and he started you can hear him. He starts He's pacing around, bumping into walls, you know, acting crazy, and and then you know, so so terry.
Speaker 1: So we were like, well, we have to get sleep.
Speaker 3: I mean, he can't just pace around all night.
Speaker 1: And so.
Speaker 3: We have we have a garage with one of those big, huge orange white fans in there. It was like a jet engine and blowing out there, and so at times we'll put him out there and he'll lay in front of the fan and and just kind of get through it.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 3: It kind of kind of drowns out all the noise but also allows us to sleep if it's at night, and that's a big thing.
Speaker 1: It is it is, I mean, we have to get sleep. Uh. And so it is uh.
Speaker 3: And so the storms kind of rolled through the first wave, and I think there there's there's more. But the first wave that came through was like from nine thirty to midnight. And so when I woke up at three, I did my normal routine. I realized, wait, Jack, Jack's out in the garage. So I went out to get him, and I couldn't find him at first, and I'm like, where the heck is Jack? And it's like, I know we put him out here. And then I start freaking out because you know he did escape that one time, and so I start looking around. I'm like Jack and off in the back. I don't even know how he got there, like behind one of our shelves and behind like a treadmill and some other stuff. I have a trailer out there with a full wheeler on it. All of a sudden, I start hearing things getting knocked over, and he just comes out of there like he's coming out of the woods or coming out of the weeds, but it's out of I don't know how he got out.
Speaker 1: He's knocking stuff over like he's drunk. He of the house. He wanted out of the house too. Yeah, he buries hisself in the corner of the ground right.
Speaker 3: And now, if it was up to him, we would have put him out in the storm. He's the only dog I know that's scared of the storms but wants to go out into.
Speaker 1: Yeah, where he wants to run is out in the school. He wants to run out.
Speaker 3: But but to protect him from himself, he's like, no, we're not.
Speaker 1: It's lightning and thunder and you don't need to be out here.
Speaker 3: That's where the bat is. Jet right, that's where the bat is. And so we put him in there.
Speaker 1: Well, I bring it.
Speaker 3: I get him out and bring him into the house and he's like if he could talk, it's like, wow, man, that was a night.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 3: Uh, he's behind the largoor he is, he's stumbling around and he finally comes out of it. You could tell he was just a little bit Hey, what's up. We had the light on out there, so it's not like he was in the pitch darkness.
Speaker 1: But y'all, he came.
Speaker 3: Out like he was in like weeds and you see something coming out of it, and he was hiding behind all kinds of stuff, knocking things over on the shelf. I don't know how he got back there. At first, I didn'tven think he.
Speaker 1: Was in there. It was like rescue had arrived.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it just comes out of the cave.
Speaker 1: He's like here, I am right back. Stay close. Okay. So where we are right now feels pretty good if you're a conservative feels pretty good. You think, all right, all right, we've taken over the the White House. Okay, all right, we're doing well. But the fight's not over. It's not even close, not even close. And this is why Blaze TV exists because in a world full of noise, we need strong hold for bold voices and freethinkers and fearless commentary. And Blaze TV's the platform where that all takes place, and it's on demand. Any device you have, you can access the content. Would you like to see investigative journalism, return Blaze TV. Blaze TV. You'll see the content there. Documentary shedding light on the deep state. Blaze TV do all that and right now it starts at eight dollars a month. Okay, So if you go to BlazeTV dot com slash rick and subscribe today, that's Blaze tv dot com slash rick. The promo code there's Rick or I c K, you're gonna save twenty bucks right now off the annual plan. Blaze TV now more than ever, continue the fight, unfiltered, unafraid, and on demand. Do all of us feel like Adler? How was everything in Adler Home?
Speaker 4: It's fantastic, great crushed it.
Speaker 1: You crushed it.
Speaker 4: So absolutely crushed Mother's Day.
Speaker 1: So you your kids are so small, you have to make sure their mama is taken care of, while at the same time paying enough attention to the other moms, including your own, probably your mother in law.
Speaker 4: Even covered mother in law this weekend. Really got it all done? Yes, grandjob, grandma.
Speaker 1: Did you spread it over the days or did you try it all? You know, only only those that are truly current have it, that are courageous. We'll try to do all that in one day? Did you spread it?
Speaker 5: I got everything on Saturday, went out with my kids into the wild on a Saturday.
Speaker 1: Oh, beautiful weather for that and where we live. It literally poured rain all day all night.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, and uh boy, I had to elbow a lady that was in like a pickleball outfit. I had to elbow her out of the way. With my children was fine. Everything else beside that was fine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, it's good to box out.
Speaker 4: And uh yeah, it was great.
Speaker 5: I took some flowers to the mother in law with the kiddos, and so we went and visited the mother in law.
Speaker 1: Well done.
Speaker 5: We had a big Mother's Day lunch with my mom on Saturday. This is now, this is on Sunday, moving it, yes, now, this is on Sunday. It was at a place where I actually got to text, no jeans, don't wear jeans.
Speaker 1: Wait you tried to go to a restaurant on Mother's Day.
Speaker 4: We went to a lunch.
Speaker 1: No jeans.
Speaker 4: We went to a restaurant and I was told, hey, see at this time.
Speaker 1: Which do you have anything but jeans? Yeah, it's tough, not jeans.
Speaker 4: I just recycled my y'all want to know what I did.
Speaker 5: Aaron bought me some slacks for Easter, just warm again slacks whatever they pants.
Speaker 4: Khakis, but they're gray. Are they still okay.
Speaker 1: Pants. You realize that for a lot of people, since it was Sunday, the Lord's Day.
Speaker 4: Wearing norma, no one would have to need it.
Speaker 1: You get a text said, no jeans.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm a jeans at church.
Speaker 9: Guy.
Speaker 1: I know you are?
Speaker 3: You hit your jean at the Greystone Golf tournament.
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Are y'all wearing? Do I do you have to wear slacks on Wednesdays?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yes, jeans. Probably aren't that I've.
Speaker 4: Been wearing jeans.
Speaker 1: I know, I know, I see it.
Speaker 11: Everything else make us uncomfortable if you're the only person in jeans. Does that not saying I noticed, I'm not looking at your pants. I'm not looking at your legs. I'm not looking at anybody's legs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I'm mean you Bones had him cut off jeans, just waring George Bones always came with those jeans.
Speaker 7: George.
Speaker 5: Yes, compared to Bones, I'm looking good business casual.
Speaker 1: You really are. So you did have some slacks and you went to mama's lunch.
Speaker 5: Yes, went to lunch with my mom and I was texted ahead of time, don't wear jeans.
Speaker 4: I was like, wow, I guess I'll change clothes.
Speaker 1: So if they have to send you that they know that that's what you would have on. Yeah, sure, before we go, let's go ahead and give him a.
Speaker 3: Heady, tell Chris not to wear jeans good night and not have anything else but jeans.
Speaker 1: By the way, I laughtch his hair. I laughed pretty hard. Have y'all seen the Instagram thing where there's a guy in there. He's a black guy and he's saying, what's happened to all the white pastors? They've all turned into this guy And he's holding up one of those wig heads and he's got a long beard and a cap on backward. He goes. They're all named Josh. He goes, he goes, and they keep coming up to me, and they said they want me to come smoke cigars and drink bourbon and talk about c. S. Lewis showed me how free they are in Christ. But anyway, so you're not there free to upset other people. But uh, but anyway, so how did that go? Lunch went smooth?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Yeah, the kids were so good. It was It was amazing. And I did the the It was a buffet. It was a buffet style. So Aaron dressed my son, which is great because then I didn't you know, I can barely dress myself, so that's that's go.
Speaker 4: She dressed him like a Florida retiree. That's genuinely.
Speaker 5: He looks like he's about to hang out at Del Boca Vista, like the dude is about to head to Bingo night.
Speaker 4: So that's hilarious.
Speaker 5: He is a funny little man. But they were so good. I did the This was masterfully, y'all. I had and and we we mentioned this last week, and that is sometimes you take care of your mom while your life does something, does something else.
Speaker 4: Because it's her Mother's Day too, so maybe there's something she wants.
Speaker 1: To do, right, whatever.
Speaker 5: So I was actually solo at this nice restaurant with my two young kids. I got a two year old, two year old boy, five year old girl.
Speaker 1: That in and of itself is a Mother's Day gift to your wife and to your mother because she wants to be your grand kids.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, totally, totally. Everybody wins except me, but that's fine.
Speaker 4: It's I can handle this, right.
Speaker 1: We don't win on this day, yeah, right, right right? And so I did it.
Speaker 4: The buffet triple stack is what I call it is when I have when I have my kids.
Speaker 5: I get three plates and they just follow me like duckling kind of scenario, you know, like they're just like they don't know what's going on. So I've noticed that if I just walk away from my children, they will follow me. They're like, is he just is he leaving? Is he about to leave?
Speaker 1: Should we go with him?
Speaker 4: We should follow him? He's I don't even know if he's paying attention, you know that kind of thing.
Speaker 1: So I do the duck crossing the road. Like you're saying, there was a buffet that wouldn't you wear jeans?
Speaker 12: It was?
Speaker 1: It was a nice one, and it is Mother's Day, so look decent.
Speaker 8: Sure there we go.
Speaker 1: Sure, sure, not that jeans aren't decent, you know what I mean, But mom would like to see one time that this particular son looked like he'd had a shower.
Speaker 5: Yes, yeah, I look homeless, guys, And here I am at the at the place and it's the view is really nice.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: It's that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you and little as are dressed like both of you are going to retirement. So yeah, yeah, look those race cars. There's a jeep on your shirt. That's cool. Yeah, there you go. Look at you looking all all springy.
Speaker 4: I'm a retiree.
Speaker 5: Also, yes, yes, and so board the guys. I can't recommend the buffet triple stack enough.
Speaker 10: I have to.
Speaker 4: I'm so happy with my technique. It works so well.
Speaker 5: You get three plates because I got the two kids, and I just have three plates just stacked up. And then I load up the top plate with everybody's food. I make a pile of food, so big top plate, and.
Speaker 1: Then the other two places just there when you sit down and you divide on and.
Speaker 5: Then I just sit down, spread out the plate. I'm in the middle and I'm just feeding people from the middle plate. Worked out great. And as soon as we sat down, as soon as we get our food, I said to everybody, hey, guys, I don't know when I'm gonna have to leave.
Speaker 4: I might have to leave in ten minutes. Just so you know, I love you.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Smart, who knows what's gonna veteran.
Speaker 3: That window can close and it's closed.
Speaker 4: My kids hung out for like I think an hour, almost an hour. It's a miracle. It was crazy.
Speaker 7: It was great.
Speaker 4: So yeah, they were good. It was great, great Mother's Day.
Speaker 5: I took care of took care of my wife in so many ways, just watching the kids, watching the kids, or you know, cleaning the house or changing every She did not change a single diapery yesterday.
Speaker 4: Oh what change a single diaper?
Speaker 1: Today?
Speaker 4: Got her chocolate and I got flowers the end, the end of the list of things.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you, thank you, hey you out, you're really watching. Really took care of every way.
Speaker 4: So I'm gonna keep talking.
Speaker 1: Like you're welcome. Don't give don't even give him a chance.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna I got another thing. So I was actually up all night with my dog last night too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Franklin, Yes, what about the how come you had a storm at nine thirty?
Speaker 4: I had a storm starting at twelve thirty?
Speaker 1: Where was this multiple multiple shit?
Speaker 3: The nastiest of the bunch was and the most active it was showing out was in the nine o'clock hour our time into the ten o'clock hour, and he just continued where I was.
Speaker 1: My experience, and my experience was more like yours. When I got the real like thunder where there's nobody can sleep through it, it was around midnight.
Speaker 5: Mine was from twelve thirty to three, and I was up with Franklin every hour, y'all. I'm frankling around to several different places, and he wasn't happy in any of them. And you go get back in bed and you think everything's cool, and you're like, maybe this set up a work and the fan like you're.
Speaker 4: Talking of something and you're like almost about to fall asleep in you here, just.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I shouldn't believe.
Speaker 4: And then you're like, I'm back awake.
Speaker 1: Okay, so this is my life now, yeah.
Speaker 13: One of it.
Speaker 1: You can't have that to small kids.
Speaker 8: And this is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 1: Is he weak? That's why he get started with sleep deprivation?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, that's the first thing I thought of. And I said, you know, the week that we have, you don't want to start in the negative, can't.
Speaker 12: Uh.
Speaker 1: And we're getting a lot of the dogs.
Speaker 3: That don't like storms, the pets that don't like storms.
Speaker 1: We're getting a lot of.
Speaker 3: Getting a lot of texts of hey man, this is these pills whatever, please understand.
Speaker 1: We went to we went to the vet.
Speaker 3: They actually prescribed Jack some something to give him about forty five minutes before the storms come in. He he walks through it like so he's super dog. It's like it doesn't have been phasing, like, yeah, ever whatever.
Speaker 1: Have you ever thought about putting some of Granddaddy's cough syrup in his water out? Yeah? Gracious, try that. See if they can't smooth them out a little bit a little old fashioned for the dog. Wow, what about the dog?
Speaker 4: You should recommend that.
Speaker 1: I don't know, just show that. I forget you can't. People don't know when people cheek.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So the weekend, Greg, everything goes well with Leelee? Oh yeah, we uh Saturday, came to see mom, just hung out and had a good time saying that to you. No, I took her out to eat on Friday. I got a question for you, Okay, go home. Saw a picture? Huh? I saw a picture. Greg. I don't wear that shirt to work on purpose. I was impressed. I know you flew mom to Hawaii. Great dinner? Is it fruit fru? No, it was. It's just over the top, over the top for you. Yeah, Well, here's what would you dress yourself? Sherry got that from me. By the way, it's a it's a Travis Matthews. Is I used the right one? Yeah?
Speaker 12: What's that?
Speaker 15: I do this well?
Speaker 1: It helps me with Speedy, but oh, I know which one.
Speaker 3: He was it gray with flower toy on it. It was black with black Okay, I know exactly.
Speaker 1: Which one well, but anyone. Sherry wanted me. She said, I think there should be a good for you to wear on the date. It's a good date shirt. So we took Mama to a restaurant she likes. It was one two adamer that you probably you could wear jeans, which you probably shouldn't. And we had a nice dinner with Mama. She had a blast. And I wore that shirt for Mama and for Sherry. It was my other's day. I didn't wear it for you. Well, I just noticed it and sell that I didn't wear that for you. But anyway, after I got over that was Viz did and had a good time. And then yesterday all the kids were at the house, the grandkids. I was telling Speedy, we got this little channel of them bring it and it folds out and it's a little like a picnic table miniature. Yeah, and they all four fit in it perfect. And just to sit back and watch them and listen to them, Oh, conversation great. I mean it's funny because even the youngest one now can participate. Yeah, well, what's funny about her participating? She's so tiny and her to talk so well, to be so tiny, yeah, I know, it's so funny.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now, I mean Maryon it was her birthday this weekend. Yeah, she's four. There's a part there's a party coming up this Saturday as a party coming birthday. So we got two four year olds and now her and Pace. Hey, they're so cute. Yeah. So I'm coming to the birthday party. So good. Oh though, they'll love it. I'm gonna I'm speaking in Prattville and then I'm gonna come from.
Speaker 3: There straight to the party. I'm gonna party and I'm coming wide open to that's gonna be yeah, so I can't wait. So also, well, I ain't gonna throw.
Speaker 1: Throw yourself from the bus.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 1: You got songs that you know for holidays and stuff. Oh, I got, but this one, I mean like Christmas, Hu listen to you get not in your throat. Yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and say myself out. You can make fun of me. But I found one of those about mothers.
Speaker 4: What did you do.
Speaker 1: For you mom? Well? Yeah, and I mean I know I'm throwing myself from the back, But I'm sorry, can't believe what I'm hearing. This is anyway, maybe we'll play it.
Speaker 3: Did you listen to it in the truck on the way to see your mom? Yeah, to kind of get you in the spirit.
Speaker 1: What what do you talk? You gotta know how Christmas shoes does? Yeah, I know. I'm putting myself out here for you. Listen to a song that made you kind of get emotional about Mama's.
Speaker 16: Yeah you want to hear it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: He sent me a link.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, you said, is it coming from you adler? Yeah, you're not gonna believe it.
Speaker 2: Here's no other.
Speaker 1: From the always.
Speaker 7: Right mister did a Mama's song?
Speaker 1: He breaks down. I ain't saying something to somebody jeus the time.
Speaker 7: And she stayed up at night and.
Speaker 9: When I waiting right and just for the hard money, she's fake to get close on my.
Speaker 7: Back and taking pa don't rick.
Speaker 1: He is every regal going, He's going.
Speaker 2: That's the word of the course, is about the head.
Speaker 1: Just made you crown away.
Speaker 10: To see.
Speaker 6: Mother?
Speaker 7: That gets no mother, my mother. So treat all right mother.
Speaker 1: I didn't know mister say you had a treat.
Speaker 7: A right treat all right to.
Speaker 1: Me, is that really rick? Like I said some songs this, you know that he's right right care they just did it, Mama. I take that for the moan, why she's given birth?
Speaker 17: Yes?
Speaker 1: Did he say image for the moment? Yes, for the moon the verse for the moan, when she was birthing, exactly how you worded it.
Speaker 4: Treat her right?
Speaker 1: Can I hear for the moan? Yes? Okay, all right?
Speaker 7: Right? Said she was standing there the food. I hain't ja, mama.
Speaker 1: Here's what's funny. Listen, I got here it see if he's just mama.
Speaker 4: Two times around.
Speaker 1: But it's a little mother.
Speaker 7: There's no other to treat her right, short short love her, so treat her right.
Speaker 9: Treat her rights, the moon, the miserable from the being.
Speaker 10: That you.
Speaker 12: When I was born, when I was bone moan when I was born, I pity the food. Don't treat mama right.
Speaker 4: Yes, I understand.
Speaker 1: I understand. He thinks this is Siria. It's in the parody. No, that's the whole Keys Simmons cameo shorts on eighties. The eighties. Man, I'm not sure where he got his background singers. I didn't know him was from Loan when I was bold, unbelievable, Greg, how did you find this pearl? Somebody send it to Lisa and me and her got the laugh. Goodness, Lisa goes, let me send this to your phone. You need yes, oh, my goodness, well that we may drop that in though after mother, there is no other.
Speaker 2: And then he tried to rhyme, my love his mother so much.
Speaker 10: I love him.
Speaker 1: But he got the bone and the deep. But the grove she had with you, a bow like you speedy, so he wanted. He chose those chemos short short, that's it, real stre real serious, singing too, mother, mother, there is no other? Alright, oh four nineteen eighty a year so the year. So T was singing that, Greg when nineteen eighty four by Van Halen came.
Speaker 5: Out and they co existed on the chart to classics timeless classics, Your mother, there is no other.
Speaker 1: We'll be right back. So that's boy, that's gonna stick. Guys, that may be our I may have to go on the instant replay for future mother's days. There is no other. I didn't see that coming. So that was a perfect setup. So, uh, we do have a lot to cover. We've been recapping Mother's Day we've been recapping, uh, people who have dogs that struggling storms. We had a lot of storms come through. Speedy didn't get any sleep at or didn't get any sleep. And Christie just came in from Tim Dudney. Her dog went nuts as well. Yeah oh yeah, So I mean, no one's sleeping, nobody's sleep. No, we're no one asleep. We're all zombies around here. And I had a can I tell you why? I'll tell you why?
Speaker 2: What about the dog?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 12: Shing coffee, tave lord digging up a ball, can't chase my country dreams lie stuck.
Speaker 1: In a dial. Everybody's sayings every road I take to loot to what about the dog? So uh that that's uh, we'll we'll work through it. We're persevering. It's good to start us such a busy week.
Speaker 3: I guess, yeah, yeah, no, sometimes it's not as bad, but yeah, last night was bad.
Speaker 1: That the storm that came through was cutting up a little bit.
Speaker 3: It had what I call everything, you know, luckily not the severe side where we were, but it just it was acting.
Speaker 1: Now some people had tornadoes stuff. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, but so I kind of found myself. You guys have recaptures. Great, thanks for that emotional song. I thought I had had to work on my That was good to bring a tearyal glass.
Speaker 4: So I next week should listening to mother by dancing.
Speaker 1: Mother songs. Mother, I guess we can do Aussie I'm coming. So I did email you, Uh, the the shirt in question that Greg was talking about.
Speaker 3: So okay, I've seen this shirt. I know which one you're talking about.
Speaker 1: When I see it, I I would never work. I would never Yeah, I would never wear to work. Yeah, I would never wear it to work.
Speaker 17: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Flowers, look at him, look at all flowerty Hey, no, but you know what he Israel coming car we were. Mama loved it. Sherry loved it. That's the two mamas. I was celebrating. I wish you had some matching pants with the same pattern. Maybe I did. You can't see them, you can't see them. Maybe I did. Maybe I do some white? So that went great. Took Mama out to eat. She loved it. We had a great time, spent time with Mama. That was this way. Yeah. Saturday was really just you know, pouring rain and prepping for Sunday because we had two sons that got home. One of the Dowden Laws got home and they we were all doing something special. The Dalden Law made a delicious kind of peanut buttery pie that was really good. Yeah, and uh we we The other was kind of So there was a moment though, when Sherry got out up on Mother's Day, and you ever, do you ever get in a moment where it seems it worked out for you better than you thought, and there and then they asked you a follow up question that's probably gonna take the air out of the situation, and you just wish they hadn't ask. So, you know how we're always looking for cards, and sometimes you'll find cards for some reason that just work on things that might even be things they like, or phrases you even use, and you're like, wow, this is almost like this car card was written. So Sherry gets up and I had two cards out on Mother's Day, you know, before I went to church, and she goes, oh, you got me not one but two cards. Yep, that's a couple of cards. And so one of them had to do with there was some phrases and some stuff in there that was so her. And then the other one, you know, I always sing always in forever for but and so the card actually had always in forever about you know, how good a wife and Mamma you are. She goes, these these cards are just they're perfect. I can't believe that you put in the effort to find cards that were so uniquely me. And where did you get these cards? And I thought, wow, I wish you hadn't asked that. And then I freeze for just a minute. She goes, well, so where did you get these cards? And I just kind of froze. Publics and it just didn't you know, for some reason, they got good cards to say Hallmark, Well, yeah, something like Hallmark, or I went to maybe you know something or something something like that and got some good prices, right, and but something about it. And then she just kind of looked at me like little they're a little vague, They're not.
Speaker 13: You know.
Speaker 12: And then.
Speaker 1: So for some reason, Mama listen for some reason, for some reason, and the card did say mother, there is no way but no listen. What was odd is I kind of I don't know why I said this, and it came off so so stupid. Is for some reason, I thought, if it wasn't the public's near our house, it was more sacrificial. But then I didn't realize. I just went to the one by the office, you know, And I said, I said, no, I didn't get it to publics standard bottle the hill, did you stress? And she goes what published? I said, was don't one over by the office publics special public And you stressed. I wasn't in there shopping for regular stuff. I went in there just for just for that. Yeah, okay, just for that. So you got special stop six six roll papers. I don't think all that. I actually got stuff for us over here. But but the even better. But while I'm here, But but but I walked up and there was some you know, poor sap like me standing in front of them, and I said, how we look at you go slim pickings buddy. Oh yeah, But but I was able to find some unique cards that were just so hurt. I stand in that loser line on Valentine's Day and everybody, all of them are empty for a few they are trying to be funny, right, yeah, so it was, but it was great.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, you know how you know how you have your card and then you want to write a little note in the card. I got into my note. I went, Wow, this don't make a lot of sense.
Speaker 1: I know, I try to you caran't to raise it. Grateful, let me break down grateful, you know. And yeah, yeah, but then I'm off in it. And you said, gee stands for great.
Speaker 7: Grateful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've done the same thing. And you realize because you're writing in a pen, you run about three words in and you don't have you don't know where you're going. You don't want to scribble out. And of course you know with us getting note, I don't know about y'all. I sometimes I'll you ever, just like you just can't make your hand do it. Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: And I had an end in there, a n D that didn't need to be in there, and I didn't realize until I was done.
Speaker 1: Wow, I can't make that.
Speaker 3: I had to scribble through on my on my note, man, I hated that I have to scribble through an.
Speaker 1: And just not ilmost start using a pencil, alright, the worst one because of the line of work in and what we do. You know, there's been times I've signed my first and last name. You mean so much to meet Rick Bird Acts twenty four. You know, my mom used to have a lot of fun on me on that.
Speaker 3: She said, when I was little, I would sign all the little cards, I say, little that growing up the Calvin Wilburn, she said, you put last name on there like there was another son named Calvin.
Speaker 1: And then of course when the when the boys, when the boys came in, I said, guys, let's get started. It's for moment on the day I was born. All right, So who was it? Who'se? Mama is gonna smile again?
Speaker 18: Uh?
Speaker 1: Who rick?
Speaker 7: Mother?
Speaker 1: I see, there's there's the winner. There's the winner right there in Dudney's hands. So here it comes, will announce the winner. You America have decided if you got a few questions for Dudney, you can text those two. And boy, we told you active active week. It is action packed and we're just going to try to take it one at a time. And the contest has been going for about what about a month now something like that. Everybody's been voting. Yeah uh, And so team Dudney is here, Doctor Dudney, and Christy, missus excitement is here, ready to go. She's a little tired because her dog doesn't like storms either, Christie. And there's no nap today, y'all. Y'all got appointments ready to go? Yeah, no nap, No nap today? What about the dog, Christy?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 1: The dog is yours wors thing? Speedies, Yeah, I think so really all night long? M poor Christy.
Speaker 10: She was like, where are you going this morning?
Speaker 1: I'm like, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I gave her medication to baby, and I think it makes her worse.
Speaker 1: Do you think it even? It just intensifies everything I think of it.
Speaker 4: Just you know, they're out there to get that money, right.
Speaker 1: It's kind of like a lot of other things. Yeah, let me tell you. Once it starts, the checks start flying, don't Yeah. I think about we always talk about our parents. You think they would have written checks like that for dogs. Could not know? Like I say, if you if you're a hunting dog, you might get dipped, but if you were a yard dog, you were on your own. You had to suck it up and go What's crazy about her? She wants to go outside and I'm like, what in the world? Okay, that's that's that's what speed He said to you. They want to run to the storm. That's scared.
Speaker 4: I'm like, okay, So put you out there girlfriend.
Speaker 1: And see see how much you like it. Yeah. Uh, so big day to day for the for team Dudney. You guys have been making dreams come true, make mama smile again. And here we go. We had three finalists, thousands of votes came in. There was a clear winner. Uh, and Dudney, would you like to announce you one?
Speaker 19: Sure, Rick, I'd be happy to.
Speaker 13: And you know the thing is, it's you know, it was close second and through a close, but first was clear clearly the winner.
Speaker 19: And her name is are you ready?
Speaker 1: Drummroll drummer? I got everybody drum all right.
Speaker 19: The winner is contested. Number two, Christie Ward.
Speaker 1: Christie Ward will be our winner. And that's uh, that's a big deal. And every time that we get to see these moms afterwards, it's uh. And when you we won't read her whost story now when she comes in, we will sure that was sent in. But you you see this, It seems every single year, back during the Rick and Bubba days, that we did this and it's continuing now with this is the word selfless seems to be in there every time. Selfless moms they they put everybody's needs before their own, something that they were always needing to address. But never did. This particular mom has gone through some health issues and it's I hope that today when they hear this, that your team again in is going to be bringing some joy too. It sounds like a mom who could really you some.
Speaker 19: Sure, and as they all were.
Speaker 13: And we say this every year, and however long we keep doing it, we'll keep saying it. There were so many worthy contestants and you like them all to win, you know, it's just a but the letters are inspiring reading them, which I do every year and kind of gets you a good feeling, you know, because there's a lot going on, you know, in our country, around the world that it doesn't warm fuzzy feelings, but way reading these letters sure is. And the things that people say about their mothers is is really nice. And so there's a lot of people out there that aren't winners of the contest today, but your winners in the impact you made on the lives of your families.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you guys read all the letters. So, like you said, even if you didn't win this, if they could just maybe hope they got a chance to read these letters that their kids wrote about them, Oh my gosh.
Speaker 19: Yeah, there it's amazing.
Speaker 13: And it's not, like you said, it's not unusual to see this because that's kind of what we think of when we think of our mothers, people that are selfless and they're always given to others, they're always put themselves last, and you know, they're they're the reason that you know, we have a day just for them.
Speaker 19: They should have a week, didn't they.
Speaker 1: It's almost like you both want to say, mother, there is no other definitely, So, so what what happens now? So those that maybe this is their first time to so the winner, by the way, again is Christie Ward for somebody that were voting that was contestant too, So what happens next?
Speaker 16: So we'll contact her.
Speaker 13: We'll contact her, we'll set up an appointment, she'll come in and a lot of times what we like to do, if they're close by, we'll go ahead and do an initial you know, like consult X rays and check everything out. Sometimes if they're coming pretty far, which they have lately they've been, you know, Georgia, Mississippi, you know, coming from out of state, we'll maybe try to coordinate that first visit and start if we can that day, just a just a streamline a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and and to recap it's going to be upper veneers.
Speaker 16: Uh huh.
Speaker 1: And then what else is going on?
Speaker 13: We'll do, well, we're gonna do check everything out. We'll take a complete X rays, we'll check everything out. Well certainly if we see something else, we'll let them know about it, and we'll do a bleaching tray for the lower teeth and uh, you know, nightguard if they need it, all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: So Greg wanted me to ask. Yeah, I noticed she also brought some breakfast. Yeah, yeah, yeah, and and what what exactly did you bring?
Speaker 13: So it's called Jimmy Dean bread bull Well you had Greg at the word Jimmy Dean. Yeah, it's got sausage and cheese and sour cream and U two different kinds of cheeses and oh and green green chili's so good night.
Speaker 19: Yeah, yeah, it's it's pretty good.
Speaker 13: So this my wife makes this, and she we had family over from Mother's Day last night and was making his order, so kind of timing was good, just kind of doubled it up. And oh, you know, you cut out the bread bowled, you eat the bread with the dip, you can eat the bowl.
Speaker 1: So literally, so the bowls you good, So christ did you have a good Mother's Day before the dog ruined it? So all of it went smooth up at that point until the storms up until there well you know what that was. Thankfully that was after Mother's Day was over. But of course it would be nice to start to weep with some rest. But uh so also as far as uh, you know, anytime you're here, people always have questions do you have do you have time for that? I mean, I figure if you're.
Speaker 13: Well, usually a pretty good question. Now they can't see some of the questions are kind of funny.
Speaker 1: Well there's one. There's one already that said, I didn't realize this is too late my mother and I love this one. I didn't know that Speedy was a dentist for some reason. Anybody now that comes on the show that that may be bald. Every they all start. You know, there's a thing that's that Speedy looks like. Gary. Now there's the thing that you look like. You know if you look at Donety and Speedy, I mean they so so yeah, so so we'll do that. So congratulations to uh to Christie Ward contested number two and uh look how long is it? I know it's It varies on how far away they are and all that, but we usually get them in here for the big.
Speaker 13: Reveal when well, you know, depending on when we can get the pacing in and we get it done July, usually July because we're we've got to it's usually three weeks and the time the first and the second visit, and then we like to give them two or three weeks to let everything settle in before we do the final pictures and then the big show.
Speaker 19: So yeah, it it'll be probably two months.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, all right, when we come back, we'll start art out. If you have questions for Dudney, you can text those two US eight eight eight uh six two four four eight six nine or eight eight eight six big box. What we'll do right out of the gate is we'll let we'll let Adler in Dudney fight over Floriad.
Speaker 5: All right, Ques, I'm sorry I asked the dentist about floride. I'm sorry I asked about Florad.
Speaker 19: I just let Floria go.
Speaker 1: This touch my goodness.
Speaker 5: If you ask a dentist about flora and everybody calls you a RFK Junior Jr.
Speaker 1: We come back r f K. The third we'll speak floride.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry for asking at everybody.
Speaker 13: There's a text that says speedy, shrunk in age. I don't mind the shrinking part, the aging.
Speaker 1: Congratulations Christie Ward, Christie Ward. When we come back, we'll be in touch tooth talk your questions for Dudney. Next for Dudney. Uh, we we have declared today Dudney's visitor no fluoride zone, no fluoride zone. Adler is standing anything. Look, Adler just went and got that Jimmy Dean breakfast bowl that you brought in that your wife made, and so he's he's settling down.
Speaker 4: I'm not saying a word.
Speaker 1: Let's go to nicotine pouches. Yes, what effect does nicotine pouches have on your gums? And are they safer? Like an alternative to tobacco?
Speaker 13: Straight up, I would say anything is a little safer than obviously tobacco, smokeless tobacco. You know, we see this and it's really tough. I mean, because you want to tell people don't do it at all, but don't put it. If you are doing it and you're struggling and get breaking the habit, at least don't put it in the safe spot every time, and that's what most people.
Speaker 1: Do, even with the packs. Yeah, and so you know, move it around.
Speaker 13: But the best thing you do listen. It is pretty evident that is a precursor to oral cancer. And so and if you if you drink and this, listen, I'm not no problem drinking, but alcohol and tobacco is a combination increases your risk of oral cancer too.
Speaker 7: And there it is.
Speaker 13: Yeah, so you know, just I I put that out there as a public service announcement. I'm not trying to preach to anybody or tell anybody what to do, but there are some pretty significant studies that have been done that that show that, uh, smokeless tobacco, any kind of 'bacco, but especially smokeless tobacco is a precursor for oral cancer.
Speaker 1: So Speedy's text in I shouldn't smoke, but occasionally I do like to burn one. Somebody put but somebody's getting around with Speedy here. But on the on the smoking, same thing. I mean, if you're smoking, and what it does to your teeth, what it does to your gums, what it does to your breath.
Speaker 19: Yeah, it is that's it's just it's everything is bad.
Speaker 13: Yeah, it's all that, but you know, and again, a combination of alcohol and smoking does increase risks. I'm not saying you'll get or what I'm saying is increases your risk.
Speaker 1: Right, do you think cleaning cordly or bi annually? I mean, is this like everything else by annually is great, so quarterly would be even better.
Speaker 19: Well, there's there is something that said that.
Speaker 13: The reason it started twice a year, it goes back to a toothpaste commercial from I don't know sixty seven eighty years ago. There was a commercial that started out, brush your teeth and see your dinners twice a year, something that was a little jingle. Well, actually, twice a year for most people is probably adequate anybody that has any kind of gum disease or you know, there's some people that have softer teeth. They just get cattys easier. And listen, I know that I've seen evidence of that. There are people whose teeth are softer. We know when we we you know you're doing a restoration on a tooth. You know, some teeth are harder to drill and some softer. So if you get cavities easier than I would recommend quarterly. Uh, if you have any form of gum disease and that's being treated. I'd probably recommend quarterly. So yeah, but I think for most people, if you're if you're having good checkups twice a year, listen, getting people in twice a year, it's not easy.
Speaker 19: Worth thrilled.
Speaker 1: Stop looking at me.
Speaker 19: Yeah, well, I have to care you're in line with the screen.
Speaker 1: I'm on the once a year program. I got to get back to the washerr.
Speaker 19: Yeah, and we're We're more than happy.
Speaker 1: I had a good run there, but this last time it was a year before I got back.
Speaker 19: Life gets in the way.
Speaker 1: Uh, here's another one, somebody see if you can encourage this. My son just completed first year at uabas planning on being a dentist when he completes his BS degree, only seven more years to go. Do you have any advice or some words of encouragement, because it's a long road and it's a lot of work.
Speaker 13: So I'm going to tell you a couple of things, all right, So first off, it is a lot of work, but I think it's worth. The dentistry is all in my mind, has always been a great profession. But I will tell you that with technology and all the advances and changes, and the fact that people don't hate the dentists as much and they don't they don't have as many bad experiences. I think the future is really bright. I think a lot of young dentis are coming out. The only the biggest disadvantage is how expensive everything has gotten. You know, kids, kids, I mean I can these young people coming out of dental school now a lot of times have a lot of student loans and things like that that you know, and so it's kind of tough starting out, But I think it's a great future. I'll try to maybe shadow a dentist while you're an undergrad school, try to that.
Speaker 1: Did that kind of encourage you to go ahead and get some hands on you start seeing Okay, yeah, this is what I'm working for. Letus I'm in here. I enjoy it. I remember when I started doing right, you know, help when I if I just got around a radio station, it helped me to go, yeah, this is what I want to see it.
Speaker 13: Because you want to know what it's all about. I think dental schools want you to want to know that you've seen what you're getting yourself into. Talk to yours you're when you're going for your regular appointments to talk to your dentists.
Speaker 7: There.
Speaker 1: Most of us are willing to.
Speaker 13: Take the time and talk to you about talk to you about the you know, prepare you for what you're getting yourself into.
Speaker 19: But get involved. Obviously, grades are important.
Speaker 13: Here's an interesting stat It used to be, uh, you know, people, there was when I was coming along, which was lucky. It was a lot easier to get into dental school back then. Medical schools were so tough to get into. Now it's harder to get into dental school than is get into school. Oh yeah, your grades have to be really good. So the best advice I think I could give someone is you've got to have good grades and and you know, other extracurricular stuff things like that are going to be important. But your grades are are going to play play heavily because they use it as a you know, a separator. I mean so yeah, And it's because there's a lot more medical school seats available in their dental school seats. But the number of applicants per seat available is greater in dentistry.
Speaker 1: Now that isn't the elite. You can't go in be average. No, No, final question, electric toothbrush is I know you love them. People. People are like, look, some of them are one hundred dollars. They're looking for affordable. But if you go too cheap it that can be bad too. Yeah, well Len some guidance on that. Yeah.
Speaker 13: The benefit electric toothbrush is simply you can't scrub with an electric toothbrush. You know a lot of things we see tooth where Christi mentioned a minute go toothbrusure brasion. That means that you're taking your toothbrush. If you scrub with horizontal brushstrokes really hard, you can wear teeth away. And so you don't want to wear your teeth by scrubbing too hard. The great thing about electric toothbrush is it's efficient. It cleans and you can't You don't scrub with it. You just hold it and let it do the work.
Speaker 1: Would that hard brush away?
Speaker 19: Yeah, no, heart of it.
Speaker 1: An electric toothbrush, but you don't have to get a crazy expensive one, do you. No, No, no, no, affordable you're saying, any of them do the job. If you stay with soft and just let the toothbrush do the work, yep, and Alabama will have a great season. Answer one of those questions, Christie Wagon on Alabama football.
Speaker 19: How do you think out there for the whole day's sunny? Christie is spoken, they we'll have a great season.
Speaker 1: You got it. Congratulations Christie Ward the winner and make Mama smile again. Thank you, team dog you. We'll be ready to be in touch. We'll be ready. Thank you for a little hay birch, Hey birch, Hey bird. Here we go, all right. Emails from you the audience coming in at Rick Burgessshow dot com and you can go there where it says contact, or you can just look on the team. All of our email is there. It's pretty simple.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 1: And if you want it to be considered for the broadcast, just put hayburg heyburge there in the subject line. Here's a quick one from Robin listening to episode one of the new podcast Strange Encounters. Got a lot of this over the weekend. Thanks to you and Adler for doing this. Rick. I thought it was well done. I put it on my list of podcasts, and I'm recommending it to all my friends. Well, Robin, thank you. Episode one did come out this weekend. If you haven't caught it, we've got a ton of feedback already.
Speaker 19: Go look for it.
Speaker 1: Wherever you get podcasts, or go to the Rick Burgess Show YouTube channel or our podcast channel and you'll see it there. Hey Bird, Jay Birge, Eric is checking in. Rick. I have a problem, everybody, He says. He wants the men all ready for this one. We'll all become a panel now, Okay, he said, My dad and I want to bring this up because of tomorrow. I know that men don't walk in the rain is being released. And my dad, like your dad and Greg's dad, one of the toughest men that I've ever known. He grew up farming, spent thirty years at a steel mill, and retiring two years ago. He didn't even shed a tear at either his parents' funeral, didn't cry when Old Yeller died in the movie, doesn't cry when he's cutting onions. He's a deep man of God. He's a great witness. While out celebrating Mother's Day this past weekend, I witnessed my dad eating ribs with a knife and fork in public. Oh no, It immediately took me back to the James Gregory bit. Has he reached tenure with a man card that it can't be taken from him? He's such a tough guy. He's done so many things that man card is there for the lifetime, can't be pulled. And he says, do I even bring it up?
Speaker 16: I need it?
Speaker 1: Vice? He's sixty seven years old. Do I say anything? Do I dress this? Do I let it go?
Speaker 3: You're saying that a man can get to a certain age. Well, he's asking where he's paid his dues, He's lived his life and he really can do whatever he wants.
Speaker 1: Is that what you're saying is legit? I think he gets a pass. Yeah, And it sounds like it is toughest man he's ever known, thirty years at the steel mill. And also he did not cry at either parent's funeral. Well, I don't know.
Speaker 14: I don't know if he didn't cry funeral. If at your parents funeral, that does mean you're funeral. How about well, let's look at the other ways my parents.
Speaker 2: Funeral, Candy, you're not a man. You cried your mom is?
Speaker 1: But what about the fact that he can cut onions and not cry. That's now, that's impressed.
Speaker 4: That's good.
Speaker 1: But does a man reach a point is the bigger question? And does this guy address it? Now? I'm trying to picture Greg our dad still being alive, and we saw him eating ribs with a knife, and it would but I'd be terrified to say anything. Yeah, I don't. I don't think. I don't know that I would be bold enough because I'm gonna tell you you would do that. I will tell you what our dad would have said. He would have said that he's about to take the ribs that he's eating with a fork and a knife and do something that would be anatomically impossible. That's right, but but yeah, it would be. I'll tell you this.
Speaker 3: It's not something that you're probably proud of when you see it, But you don't say anything.
Speaker 1: To your point, you just let it happen. We don't say anything. And do we give this tough dad? Is his man card irrevocable? Do you reach a point? I think so? I think so. Well, it depends on how far you go. I mean, if it would be I think so. Adler.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, I in mind to take somebody's man car. Really, you know, especially with all that stuff he's done.
Speaker 1: You're scared of this guy just hearing the email or.
Speaker 4: Well, I wouldn't say anything to him. I would judge him secretly in my brain. But that's it.
Speaker 10: I wouldn't do.
Speaker 1: We agree though, that a grown man can't eat ribs with a knife and fork.
Speaker 4: I don't think he should should. Yeah, I'm not gonna say he can't, but I will.
Speaker 1: Say he shouldn't. Run. I don't know. Maybe he was concerned about his teeth coming out.
Speaker 5: Hey, ribs are tough in public, let's call it ribs in private. I'm god getting disgusting, disgusting on him.
Speaker 1: There's no there's no way to eat ribs and everybody not just get to know you a little bit.
Speaker 4: Yeah you're right, Yeah, yeah, yeah, you know, and kind of like eating them by myself. That's kind of my fan by the way.
Speaker 1: I was that you just have to go in and go here I am. I'll raise my hand on this one. I'm that guy. If I'm eating something that's bone in at a at a state restaurant, no matter how nice it is, I'm getting that last little bit. I'm picking that bone up.
Speaker 4: Yeah you got.
Speaker 1: Does not go over? Then there it goes over?
Speaker 18: Poor?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well have you because have you seen it? Right? Greg?
Speaker 16: Animal?
Speaker 4: Basically animal?
Speaker 1: Great course it was dat night because I had that shirt on, So you did that with a shirt Oh yeah, wow, I think I overdid it just to kind of save you. See, if I can all set the shirt, you do some serious knowing. So I don't think you bring this up to your dad.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 1: Now, you just did to millions, but I mean not to your dad.
Speaker 18: No.
Speaker 1: We've covered a lot already. If you missed any of the show, go back and catch it on our YouTube channel, our podcast archives. We announced the winner and make Mama Smile again. Christy Ward is our winner. So thank you America for voting on that. We updated you on that last hour. We got an active week coming up. We moved to Phase two. Phase two is preparing for the live broadcast coming up from the Coca Cola Patio this Wednesday. Gene Hallman, it's always interesting to watch Gene come into our studio. Uh. You know, we we've always been kind of an oddity, you know, back during the years of the Rick and Bubba Show, and now I think in some ways we can be even more dangerous now than ever because we're like we've been doing it a long time. Were we're going to do to us now? And so and you know we've been a little rowdy, you know with the with the new show, and and we're looking forward to being out there and making something happen. We'll be broadcasting live from UH the Drumming Company each celebrity program as part of the region's tradition. So Jeane, thank you for inviting us back, and we are looking forward to Wednesday.
Speaker 16: First of all, I feel like I'm sitting in the child's chair.
Speaker 1: Let's go where you were going. Do you remember, like, let's lift it up all the way back to it's a wonderful life, mister Potter. And you know, there used to be these people that have a little bit of problem with their you know, they they've got a little bit of a problem, and they overcompensate and they would bring you into their office and they'd always make your seat be lower than them so that you would feel kind of inferior.
Speaker 17: Well, this person didn't have an inferiority complex, but he did it. Bear Bryant, Oh really had a platform behind his desk where he towered over people that came into Oh yeah, so he just did it for intimidation. Intimidation.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, how about that? Well, do you feel you want to be lifted up some?
Speaker 16: Do you feel better for maybe at the break? Yeah, that'd be good my leg to look at Rick.
Speaker 1: You know, you know what I think happened there was that when we did What's Eating Scott Giroski, he accidentally hit the thing that lowered it, and I'll think we ever picked it back up.
Speaker 3: The plus, if you sit on the back side of the seat, there you go feel better like an adult with the big boys.
Speaker 1: Now a coach a couple of things, and Jean talked about this too. We're getting pushed back on a man card being irrevocable, and somebody used the example Bruce Jenner, that's perfect, that's as good.
Speaker 16: I mean his man card was burned.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, and buddy, did he have one?
Speaker 7: Didn't have one?
Speaker 1: Yeah, my goodness.
Speaker 20: I mean wheaties box drove a race car.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he did it all. Jar, he did he did it all, Jane. So do you think and you did it all? You brought up the example not gonna happen? Well, yeah, not gonna happen.
Speaker 16: Coach Saban and the draft on Wednesday. His man card's gone, but that's not gonna happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if he showed up, So I guess there.
Speaker 17: I think Greg said that there are limits and if you pass that limit, I don't care who you are. Your man card's gone, so they're not vocalist.
Speaker 1: Thing really is awake. That's a test. You were here, you listened to the email. Do you think that guy by using a fork and a nine for a brew, you know.
Speaker 16: He's still a lifelong number.
Speaker 1: Okay, that wasn't enough. Now that the fort All right, So Jeane, let's talk about this week. Active, active, active, lot going on. People love the Drumming Company celebrity program. I remember you telling this and you've been updating us when this first started, and there still is a lot. Don't misunderstand me. The focus was actually on the actual prose who would be playing on the tour and what is it called now the legacy is a champion champion Champions tour. I like that better than seniors. And we used to call it sings. Yeah, yeah, so the champions. At one point that the program was kind of yeah, I'll be fine for people, and but now the pro am and for in some people's eyes, is as big and in some bigger than the actual tournament.
Speaker 17: Well, Wednesday is bigger than Thursday or Friday, which is the actual first two rounds of the tournament. Nowhere else on tours. That's the case, and I stumbled into it. You can do Charles better than I can. But the second year, nineteen ninety three August, the NBA wasn't playing I see Charles, hey, gene, I'd.
Speaker 2: Love to play.
Speaker 1: Let me play the gene.
Speaker 8: What are you doing?
Speaker 16: I paired him with chee chee.
Speaker 8: It was huge.
Speaker 16: And then next that very next year nineteen ninety four, Michael Jordan.
Speaker 1: And Charles he explaining with the barons right yep.
Speaker 17: And then it took off and then it became who's coming to the pro am right more so than anything else.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So, and it was great to do that in the Rick and Bubb years, and of course we put you in a lot of the rest there. Yes, that should continue this Wednesday, frankly, so we'll be there broadcasting live. But what we also started doing was, you know, there's the charity is again Children's of Alabama. Children's of Alabama, great charity, wonderful work that these people do, and so they're going to benefit, you know, from all the money that can be raised. In one of the ways that we raise money is for someone to bid the most money to Children's of Alabama and then that person is going to get to be in their own cart and go with a group. And this year we have already selected the group for people to bid on. So do you want to break that down first? Sure?
Speaker 17: At eight thirty off the first team with Tom Lahman, who's won this tournament twice.
Speaker 1: He's the pro.
Speaker 16: You've got Greg McIlroy, AJ mcceren and Taylor Head.
Speaker 1: Oh what a fun break that fun.
Speaker 16: Group, two Bama quarterbacks that won the Nattie. Yeah, and the America.
Speaker 1: There you go if you want to, and we're not gonna play games with the bidding. Okay, you can just email Speedy Speedy at rickburgesshow dot com Speedy at rickburgesshow dot com your bid and then we're not going to go away to the end of the show for the next hour and forty five minutes or so, we're going to let people bid and then once we're done, we're done, and then that person will be VIP with us on the Coca Cola patio. You get to hang out with the whole show, and then when the team's ready to go out, you'll be putting a cart. They do a fantastic job of taking care of you and then you will be able to go with this group. Greg McElroy, AJ mccerron, Taylor Hicks, and your pro Tom Leman, who's won.
Speaker 16: It twice twice.
Speaker 1: That's big. So that's big. So you can start that bidding now by just emailing Speedy. So let's talk about the rest of the program. There's there's more going on. Speedy is going to be teeing off after the show.
Speaker 17: We decided that was the right thing, right right, got too stressful on speed, Yeah, I don't blame you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But let's start at the beginning. So right out of the gate, run down some of the things that people might want to know that are coming Wednesday.
Speaker 17: Well seven ten, Trent Dilfer is playing with Kenny Perry, the former Super Bowl winning quarterback. Coach Natoks is playing with Steve Strucker. At seven point fifty, Bo Jackson is playing with Darren Clark. Coach Hugh Freese is playing with Tom David, Toms, Kirby Smart, and Commissioner Grex Sank.
Speaker 16: You are playing with Davis Love the third the first time that he has come to the terms about. And then you've got the group we talked about.
Speaker 17: Then you've got coach Kaitlin de Boor playing with Ernie Els, Nick Saban and Charles Barkley.
Speaker 1: What that is a group? You want to put me out there with that bammacle?
Speaker 16: Yeah, they're pretty good friend me and Nick Saban.
Speaker 1: You know we both we believe in doing things well. Nick Saban, we need to learn the word no. So last year.
Speaker 17: Charles went and got him in a plane. He wasn't there, remember that. Yeah, knocked on his door. He would answer, I'm calling on his cell phone, and I start to actually get worried. Finally we get ahold of him late night, late night, not gonna make it. So I texted him about three days ago and said, Cote, Uh, Charles, you're playing with coach and I knew what that would do.
Speaker 1: Smart.
Speaker 16: Oh, that locked him in. Smart, I can guarantee with one bart when Stuart.
Speaker 1: Sinks the pro and Stuart's huge. Yes, I hate to bring up the negative because what you've done is brilliant. But the problem is this, You've got a very focused, not so sometimes cheery even though he's retired, so he's more cheery, that's true. And Charles who will stop and talk to everybody, that's true. That's gonna be quite the dynamic between those two persons. Yes, but but but I think Coach is a lot more laid back now days. It's not close.
Speaker 16: I mean, I can't begin to tell you how much retirement suits that man.
Speaker 1: It's a different, big difference. Yeah. Now I'm not sure he'll be the level of Charles. No, no, no one can can. I would always just go and talk to somebody.
Speaker 16: Charles is in a class of his own, good way.
Speaker 3: Whenever Bo and Charles would play together and I was in that group, it was fun because they were there. They're polar opposite bows rated. He's all business, Let's go, who's on the tea box? And Charles is, you know, one hundred yards back, still signing things, and they get to argue and let's go.
Speaker 17: You know, Charles was on this quest to improve his golf game. He actually did a Golf Channel special with him. Couldn't do it, couldn't do it. Finally found this rather obscure former tour pro named Stan Uttlely, and he fixed his wing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thought that nobody else could do it. He didn't pause anymore. He saw it, We saw it live strangers thing out. Yeah, Oh that, yep, was the strangest ship I've ever seen. Y'all, everybody was heard.
Speaker 3: Do you remember the year or two y'all played at Shoal Creek they hosted, and you remember when y'all we went to the tea box and he got locked up and he's like, oh man, and then he just swung with one arm and went right down the middle.
Speaker 1: He just and that's when he was so frustrated.
Speaker 17: With his first tea that day and he broke his driver and the head club went further than the ball. He goes onto the night show, auctions it all for charity, signs it and I think he got like fifteen thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Oh that's great. How about that? That's good to all right? So and I'll show at nine o'clock, big group, that's this is a good up.
Speaker 17: Yeah yeah, Roley Green, Yeah, Jamie Johnson, senator coach, Tommy Tubberman.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, two country singers.
Speaker 16: Yeah, Okay, why wouldn't he?
Speaker 1: But I don't know. I just there's a lot going on.
Speaker 16: He's trying to He says this is important now if.
Speaker 1: He's working this out, and I don't know if he'll get there in time for the show. I would love for him to get there because I know he wants to announce he's running for govern on the show.
Speaker 16: That would be great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and guys, listen, we're forgetting John Daily, John daies with the group.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's the pro.
Speaker 4: Don't forget John.
Speaker 16: Dale is the pro for this groupe.
Speaker 2: Him and James John Jamie Johnson.
Speaker 16: John Daly in the sitting US Senator.
Speaker 1: And then two country music guys thrown in there who probably are gonna drift more towards John in the way he wants to do. Right, it's a party. We'll be right back. I love it. More of the Rick Burgess Show right after this and talking about this Wednesday's broadcast, which is you know, he's been through a lot, and so we've talked about the different groups. We've talked about the one that you can bid on, Greg McElroy, AJ McCarron, Taylor Hicks, Tom Layman, highest bid to Children's of Alabama gets to spend time with them n b R v IP guests on the Coca Cola Patio. After the show's over, Speedy will tee off at twelve forty with Gerald the Moose, Johnston and Corey Pavin. So that's that's big. So you'll enjoy that as well if you want to see Speedy tea off and Hallman's giving you a summit by some kind of how to handle the course to get the best experience, parking and everything. So we were talking about every time Speedy comes back, and Hallmond even mentioned how old were you Speedy when you went streaking at the Celebrity pro I don't know what year? Did year the Rick and Baba Show had only been on the air.
Speaker 16: Yeah, months, Yeah, it.
Speaker 1: Was in Birmingham. I'd late nineties, that was what I was thinking. So if in nineteen ninety eight you would have been I know, it's tough man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know, probably maybe twenty eight or.
Speaker 1: Something like that. Oh boy, So you're saying Hallman and don't watch yourself. What about you know you've got twenty eight Speedy and you've got fifty eight, fifty six fifty six.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, your brother is fifty eight. Look, can everybody stop, I'm not streaking again. No one said, okay, wait a minute. No one said just I mean, clearly, that's a job.
Speaker 1: No one said that are you putting.
Speaker 7: On to God?
Speaker 17: Now?
Speaker 4: I'm a dad.
Speaker 1: I don't know, man, I think just for old time sake, Greg, if Adler runs across their people, just report some sort of woodland creature. Yes, there's a weird canine.
Speaker 4: There's a honeyvecher in the woods.
Speaker 1: Strangest dog I ever saw.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's some things in life that maybe you do just once. And I think streaking.
Speaker 4: I want I agree, because what y'all you're doing it again?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, this is me. This is me running here, it is this is Jane.
Speaker 3: I was right, yeah, and this I believe Mark Prater with the ABC affiliate at the time, he was a meteorologist Rick Please. They unfortunately zoomed on in.
Speaker 1: It's got him in a meeting. And I know, Jean, you've gotten a meeting too about this.
Speaker 3: You've told us it was So that's me naked right there.
Speaker 1: You just showing me naked.
Speaker 4: No, I'm not doing full scream. I'm not going full screens because I love you, because I'm your brother.
Speaker 8: You love that brother.
Speaker 1: I asked you, I said, so you took some heat for that with a hat on his shoes. Did you see Jean's eyes when I said you took some heat over that? He looked at me like, do you not know how much heat up? Yeah, you've never told us this.
Speaker 17: Well, so this man who was head of the Senior PGA Tour as it was called at the time, is of your dad's generation.
Speaker 16: So imagine your dad calling you into the trailer.
Speaker 17: You're new to the tour. Oh, I'm like thirty five. I'm like if I've been called to the principal's office and I had.
Speaker 16: He shut his door and said that radio show is never coming back here again.
Speaker 1: Oh, never again, number again.
Speaker 17: And I said, but they're number one. He said, I don't care if they're number fifty. They're not coming back again.
Speaker 16: And I chose to ignore it.
Speaker 1: You just wait a minute. You didn't. You just hoped they wouldn't notice.
Speaker 17: Well, and they noticed, and they gave me a hard time. But then I guess just over time, it became part of the fabric of the tournament.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a fact. And Speedy quit running naked.
Speaker 7: I kept doing that.
Speaker 16: That's a good point.
Speaker 4: I'm just gonna show it one time only.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one time. Here goes.
Speaker 3: So please look at all the golf trailers and this is the driving range here, and here I go.
Speaker 1: I go, oh my god, I'm running. Do you have any you can see my butt cheek.
Speaker 12: On that.
Speaker 1: Do you have any PTSD that?
Speaker 10: Oh I do?
Speaker 17: I do because you look down on the rains, I'll never forget what we're We're on that hillside on the back of the clubhouse and look down on the range.
Speaker 1: I went, God, what you knew it was gonna be bad, didn't you? Oh? Yeah, oh yeah, yeah. They had pretty good speed going well, because I was truck. It's the same speed. If something's changing you whereas you're running, you're like.
Speaker 7: Think.
Speaker 16: The best part is he dropped his underwear and went back and got yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately for the lady that was drinking coffee on the other side of the woodline.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's whatsay. And you had to stop and go back. That's all you're exposed at that point. I said that that lady for the next five years got up early and said, in that same spoty.
Speaker 2: Gonna show back up and put a feeder out there.
Speaker 1: So so you've got major troubles. It's one of those things to do, not know that, like we're always have been known to do back in the Rick and Bubba days, and again this coming Wednesday, we just pack up our stuff and go and then we leave you with it. Yeah, and I was scared to death. I mean it.
Speaker 16: This guy was a powering presence.
Speaker 17: He ran that tour with the Iron Fists and called me in to showing Whipper Snapper at thirty five and shut the door on me and said, uh uh, this is never going to happen again.
Speaker 1: Right now, let me different.
Speaker 3: It was a different time to see. Back then you could streak, get trouble and go home. Now you streak, you're going to jail.
Speaker 17: And you needn't have phones with cameras, so you didn't have social media, so you didn't see stuff like this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's true, It's so true. That's a good point. But then we have footage. But this I realized that, Yeah, we have footage showing the level of promoter that Gene Harman is. He He took getting in trouble over canceling something that was bringing a lot of people out to the event.
Speaker 17: Absolutely every day, the show must go on. Yes, there's no such good thing as bad publicity, right.
Speaker 1: And well we got plenty of it on that one.
Speaker 3: And y'all have done a little better with golf etiquette. We're still screaming a little bit, and we're right of where the Coca Cola patio is is on the back of the club high and so it's overseeing the practice cutting green and stuff. We're a little bit away from the first tea box, which is helpful, I think. And there's a lot happening. Uh, but weis we can still get loud.
Speaker 1: So I really realized that I've never been there. This is my first year to be there when the show starts, dark picture, we've had to kick off our you know, in the last what decade or more a long time of the Rick and Bubba show. So I've never been there. Like, let's get started. So think about how loud it's gonna be early because we'll be in full force, right a little bit.
Speaker 17: I think about this morning, which is my busiest morning of the year. Right, you know how sounds bring back memories.
Speaker 2: Rick's deep voice laugh.
Speaker 16: Is something that resonates all morning long, right.
Speaker 1: And I'm gonna come out laughing early that Yeah, it's there's well, it's just fun. So you can be with us and we Speedy says he's not going to do that again. Rick, somewhere on the text line, said let's get Gary to do it this year. Hey, please picture that. Hey, let me tell you something now. If I need to do something for the show, I'm gonna keep my polo on, but I could run through without my bridges.
Speaker 16: I have never met Gary.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah you will, way you will. Hey, you introduce me to Gene. Yeah, that's that's what's gonna happen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, twelve hundred dollars a high spied right now. And so let me just for those of you that are out there that you're entertaining this, don't hold back. Go ahead and give a shit, give us your ceiling right now, because if you wait, it could it could be snatched.
Speaker 17: Let me say real quickly to Regent's Bank, sponsors this tournament because well for many reasons, but the primary reason is the proceeds go back to Children's of Alabama, right, one of the finest pediatric hospitals in this country.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no doubt. Yeah. By the way, just added, they tee off at one pm. Gary the bulldozer Man and Lane Kip. I mean, you know, I played golf, you know, down there, and yn like I still got a pretty good swain, So can you imagine. So, Gene, thanks for everything.
Speaker 3: You Jean, we're at our most dangerous, So I'm sorry ahead of time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you think we were dangerous in the early years, now we've got what we got to prove. So uh So we'll be there live from Greystone for the region's tradition and Wednesday the Drumming Company Celebrity pro Am. We'll be right back.
Speaker 8: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 1: Audio and video. But but five will start first. Remember we talked about red lobster. You know, if you if you grew up where we grew up, you know, red lobster was considered a swinky swing and and we even established the term. You know, are you, as a lady out there, do men find you to be red lobster worthy? Because if you take somebody that's where I took shehaff for I mean, if you want to, if you want to fall in love, you took them to Red Launch. Absolutely. That meant you weren't afraid to spend a little money, uh and uh and go to a little something, a little nice adam feast. That's you know, that is a that's a great one. That's a good one. You know that one that is a good one. Basket me. Yeah, So you were what are you doing getting shrimp basket?
Speaker 3: A little popcorn shrimp basket takes me back to my childhood. I knew my dad had had a good week when.
Speaker 1: We went there after church.
Speaker 8: Yeah that's a big one.
Speaker 1: Pop corn srimp. But I do feel like I'm a child but yeah, just when I was younger. It takes me back. You weren't of course, knowing you you probably took a date there and still made them get popcorn shrimp. Yeah, but nothing wrong with it. But I'm not sure that's exactly. And they claim endless shrimp is one of the reasons that some them, you know, they're having fin you know, like the ship. Yeah, but get the endless shrimp. The people eating too much cover that's it. I'm going on date nights Red Lobster.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So so anyway, so you know how around, you know how sometimes you need to be able to compare things side by side. So we were taking girls and eventually our wives to Red Lobster in the eighties, you know, but but probably you're still doing it on dates and stuff in the nineties and so manly. She used to going like the afternoon, Oh yeah, mi wait, Scherry and I every nwe and we'll still go back just you know, just you can remember those that wonderful night that she fell in love right there in the wed bobster right there, and she realized at that time, woll I'll tell you one thing about this fella. He'll go ahead and get the ultimate fish. And so as an adult, I can't order the popcorn too over that. If it's endless shrimp, you can make it one of you to that river, have it. You're good about double shrimp. You want chicken fingers to do you think Shery looked at for instance, hole, Wow, he'll go after those biscuits. Wo, they're good.
Speaker 4: You need some crayon?
Speaker 8: Sure?
Speaker 1: Alright, So here we go. This is a video that's going to show us how high process have gotten just compared to the nineties. Here is a commercial about Red Lobster in the nineties. And then we'll compare it to.
Speaker 4: And keep in mind, this is lunch now.
Speaker 1: It is lunch.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's Red Lobster's new lunch special, Shrimp and chicken just three ninety nine wide shrimp and grilled chicken breast.
Speaker 1: With salad and baked potato, Limited time and Red Lobster for lunch, kidding, shrimp and chicken and a baked potato for three ninety nine? Shrimp and chicken crazy three ninety nine? All right, so hey, I'll see we got specials beverages.
Speaker 3: See if you can find the cheapest take lunch. I'm just gonna go lunch favorite. Oh there's popcorn shrimp. Look at that and it's for adults.
Speaker 1: How much? Let me go here if you order? Uh wow, give me the price.
Speaker 4: It's for adults.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I remember that lemon squeezing commercial commercial so much when I was a kid.
Speaker 4: That was a huge part of my childhood for some reason.
Speaker 1: Three ninety nine. Can you get anything? Get red lost right now? For three You can't even get a hamburger for you can get.
Speaker 19: A knack for that.
Speaker 4: Maybe a basket of fries maybe maybe?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's.
Speaker 4: And I bet it for the dinner. It was like six ninety nine, you know, yeah, lunch.
Speaker 1: So that the popcorn shrimp basket. Uh, let's see his eleven dollars good night, just for popcorn shrimp.
Speaker 3: You gotta add a beverage that cost about four three seventy good night, how y'allwn crab legs, I love the they're not worth the fight.
Speaker 1: Well, that's what it is. When I eat, I don't want to work. Yeah, they're they're there are a lot of work of words.
Speaker 4: Shrimp sometimes canna be a lot of work.
Speaker 1: Yeah. If you get bold, Yeah I get what I get? What bold? What is the great? Come again? Bold?
Speaker 7: Bold?
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm trying to find anything boiled billed. You you have to work for I'm looking at it right now. Your hands, your hand steak bold. It's like your mounted will make you. You're grown you bold?
Speaker 2: Bold?
Speaker 1: U mozzirella cheese mother again? Up mozzarella cheese stick. That was eight ninety nine nine bucks from we when when Lisa go to Red Lobster and I said, let's go ahead nor cheese sticks. I was really throwing that money around. Oh yeah, look we got an on trade. Go ahead throw little cheese sticks. All right? All right, Greg, you came miss this one video six this The headline has had Mexican rapper.
Speaker 12: O t.
Speaker 1: With Mexican rapper was hit by bull at the p b R Rodeo rapping. Is it a bowl trimp or Okay?
Speaker 4: When it happened, No, I don't know what he's doing. He's out in it like he's a clown, like.
Speaker 1: He's Mexican rapper O T.
Speaker 5: His actual rap name is that Mexican O T. What's his rap name? That Mexican O T. That is this guy's name. He's a he's big. He's big in Texas. This is in Fort Worth, And I don't know in this one, I don't know, Yes, I don't know if he's like me. He grew up and seeing the rodeos, so you think you know how to be a rodeo clown or something. But y'all, he's into amongst he is amongst them, and he oh my god, go good.
Speaker 4: He's trying to run away. He's a big guy too.
Speaker 3: He's doing what he he lost his you know what that last one he said, Look he comes again. They put a vest on him. What is obviously done to protect his enterds.
Speaker 1: Uh but good night and Speedy went through this, remember and we were there were the bullfighters, and we've both ridden the bull but then we also got going over the bullfighters, which they called the clowns. You remember when that one looked and did this and told me, you need to get out of there because if it comes, actually you can't. That's when you listen to the professional.
Speaker 5: This guy's big too. He's like big on Spotify. I think he's been he's been a guest on like some of the biggest podcasts in the.
Speaker 4: World like this.
Speaker 5: He's not just some like Streak Corner Wrapper.
Speaker 4: This dude has like big hits on the world.
Speaker 1: But why would he do this? Why would this?
Speaker 4: He's not like agile.
Speaker 1: You might have got bold.
Speaker 4: This spin move probably saved what.
Speaker 10: Here.
Speaker 3: He took a horn to the buttocks right here split.
Speaker 1: I don't understand that the white wives doing that. I kind of wish that when we did at that time, that would happened to one of us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a story that way that on a loop every commercial for Remember they gave us the like what the the clowns, the what they wore. Remember Dicky's long sleve and he said walking walk around here with that and they think, hey, I'm one of them.
Speaker 5: Greg got in trouble for a second. Greg got braving in trouble, and the bull died like the hoof scraping thing.
Speaker 4: Looking at Greg.
Speaker 9: I was not good.
Speaker 1: He said, you want any bullshrimp.
Speaker 4: I'll take you.
Speaker 8: He was the Rick Burger's show.
Speaker 1: Everybody saying you come on casting from the Wheel, Speedy, Greg Adler, Rick Bud the good Time. Let's go America. Are you ready for a brand new hour. If you have missed any the show today, you missed a lot a lot of updates to the Rick Burgess Show, So just go to the archive options and grab that. Later today we've got our winner and make Mama smile again. And we now have the winner of the person that will be Wednesday travel winner traveling along all eighteen holes with the with the folks at the region's tradition, the Drumming Company's pro am coming up this Wednesday. Greg McElroy, AJ McCarron, Taylor Hicks, and Tom Layman. And we have the highest bid. It was three thousand dollars to Children's of Alabama. And so we'll get with the winnery and so the bidding has stopped three and also gets an opportunity to be on the Coca Cola Patio as Speedy special guest. Hey, we'll have a good time. Coach Peedy's back. That's right, So there we go. All right, So a couple of things that we need to talk about starting this hour. A lot happening, uh with the with the Trump administration. So we'll give it. We have we have it done. A Trump update today. There's practically one available every day. Adler does try to help you in the breaks. Uh see a lot going. Uh you want to just kind of do a rundown of everything that happened this weekend. So tell me if I have all this right, little p uh. You want me to run the list first, Adler, and then we can do all right. So here's the list, quite the list. He announced a trade deal with China, oh broker and in person meeting with Ukraine and Russia. Helped stop a potential war between India and Pakistan. I saw that, announced an end to big pharma US profiteering, got the final American hostage release by Hamas. That was all this weekend, Junior, the heimlich maneuver. Greg got a daughtry joking but he wasn't but he thought he was. Wow by the way. Yeah, the one of those that was the listed of everything that happened this weekend. Executive order. He says, we'll see if it turns into reality, will slash drug prices, but up to eighty percent would make you happy, Greg, That's what he said. So uh ver expensivedler. I know we don't want to hit every single video that goes with this, but we do have the US China deal for a ninety days tariff cut right on goods from both nations. So we we can play that one one a if you want to hit that. This is actually Treasury Secretary is it Scott? The set?
Speaker 12: This is?
Speaker 1: This is set Bason. It's like croissant. Yeah, Bason says, but we've.
Speaker 4: Played this guy before. We see we've seen a couple of clips. He's always on the He's.
Speaker 1: One on our right, you made out of cream cheese.
Speaker 17: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So here he is saying that we have we've got something carved him out of.
Speaker 7: Greg.
Speaker 1: So we've reached a deal with China for a ninety day tariff cut to kind of see how it goes. All right, So here we.
Speaker 7: Get we have.
Speaker 18: Reached an agreement on a ninety day pause. God and ebstantially moved down the tariff levels. Both sides on the reciprocal tariffs will move their terraffs down on fifteen percent.
Speaker 4: It's amazing, Greg, it's a good, big deal.
Speaker 18: We had very robust discussions shot both sides showed a great respect. It was the chance for me to meet the Chinese delegation, the vice premiere I had previously had only a video call with Ambassador Jamison.
Speaker 1: Was that made me the most boring guy?
Speaker 18: Well?
Speaker 1: I think he had to.
Speaker 3: He was very careful in choosing every word or somebody was talking in his.
Speaker 1: Ear ridiculous art ours. We call him the bizarro Trump because he's completely the opposite of Trump, who just fires out with It's like he didn't want it to like he had a secret and he didn't want to really tell it.
Speaker 4: I want this clip of Howard Lutnick real quick before.
Speaker 20: The break Sure, we got to save it, don't something we have to play?
Speaker 1: Greg standing up? D Yeah? Greg?
Speaker 4: Greg?
Speaker 1: People are asking, where are you on the Breakfast Club? That's pretty good, my lea favorite eighties movie, But be careful, all the eighties that's your least favorite of those that were considered popular.
Speaker 4: Hey, some kind of wonderful You were, right, Greg?
Speaker 1: I knew it. I'm gone to what Greg?
Speaker 7: Right again?
Speaker 13: Right?
Speaker 1: Again?
Speaker 8: Is the Rick Burges's show.
Speaker 1: We found this little pearl and Greg, you found it? Right? Who found this? Lisa? Someone sent it to Lisa and she showed with me and she said I got to send that to your phone because that'll be good on the show tomorrow. She was cracked still doing this to a degree. But in the eighties, if you establish any sort of celebrity, that meant you were going to be put on TV shows. They'd been attempted a movie and of course cut an album. I mean, make a barbecue saw. Anything they could get out of you, they would get out of you. I had no idea, no idea that mister T did a Mother's Day song. I did not had no idea. And here here it is. And the first verse that that T goes on because he's gonna he's gonna take my mother or mom or whatever, and he's gonna walk through I think he does.
Speaker 8: Mother.
Speaker 1: They starts saying the letter stands for h letter stands for something, and you're not gonna believe what but him stands for You got to listen in this is a real song. To grab it. This was real.
Speaker 7: That's right, mother, Oh my god, it's no other to treat her right.
Speaker 9: I always love her mother. To treat her right, treat her right. The mood, the miserable from the being that you fell with.
Speaker 4: I wasn't.
Speaker 9: With his burn and where he's doing making show out here something to eat. That she stayed up at night and took my temperature when I was in the building. Right, and just for the hard money she's faked to keep pose on my back and trying to pay the writ that is every regal time put on her face. And if it worried that I called when I stayed out of sleep the last man of odds, that you taught me respect and for.
Speaker 7: The rule of intamity that I know she get mother, that gets nother. Y'all black mama. So treat her right, mother. I always love her them my mother, um, so treat her right.
Speaker 4: Treat all right there, that's right, that's.
Speaker 1: Right, unbelievable. That's so great mother, mother.
Speaker 2: That is no other.
Speaker 1: I love him for the moan. And then when I was bone that night, did your mother blake?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 18: Do it?
Speaker 7: There is no other?
Speaker 10: You know what?
Speaker 7: Love me?
Speaker 1: When I don you, I can't. I can't even deal with me. You don't like your mother, I can't even I just don't know what to say this. This, this was dropped on me, and I didn't even there. For years. I had no idea. You should have seen him coming up to me prior to the show. I got by the way he set it up early on the show, go back and catch on the archives. He set it up beautiful, beautiful, all right, So I guess you had what you had, mister t in the eighties. Today we have Pat McAfee.
Speaker 3: Okay, I gotta I got a text.
Speaker 1: Is now it's just showing up everywhere.
Speaker 3: Hubby texted me and said, can you do anything without hope? He said, so you just don't care. Pat McAfee's wrestling, and I say, to what are you talking about?
Speaker 1: He is that he's wrestling.
Speaker 3: He's getting his butt well, but he's wrestling, guys.
Speaker 1: Is that what he said?
Speaker 3: Uh huh he said it's it wasn't pretty, but he's going from being an announcer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he stepped in. Now he's in the ring with his tights on and ready to go. So Pat McAfee, who's who's gunther? I don't know. They didn't treat him right.
Speaker 4: But about to go back to treat your mother right.
Speaker 1: But you can't let this go. I this is you have grabbed this early to this with a troublehook. We can't get it off of you.
Speaker 4: There's an intro to this song, Oh Boy, that we didn't play yet.
Speaker 1: I didn't nobody I didn't know about it.
Speaker 4: I didn't either.
Speaker 5: It wasn't And it's like an intro skit to this Mister t treats your mother right song from nineteen eighty four, and the interest skit features a short boy and a taller white girl and they're gonna fight what and then mister's gonna step in.
Speaker 1: Is one of them the mother and the other the kid? No, no, no, no, there's just we have to I guess. Yeah, I we didn't know this was in here.
Speaker 4: And the boys gonna be kind of mean to the girl, to the mom. Maybe that's not the mom. That's well, you couldn't be more than five. You're so fat naff to Jack, you.
Speaker 3: Have to take off your shoes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well you're so skinny, your eyes are in single file.
Speaker 1: Well you're so.
Speaker 5: Ugly your ears stick out to get away from your face.
Speaker 6: Well your mom is wait a minute, wait a minute, don't bring anyone mother to this.
Speaker 7: You ain't here.
Speaker 6: It wasn't for your mother, you wouldn't be here. So you remember, when you put down one mother, you're putting our mothers all over the world.
Speaker 2: He pulls the mic out of the back of his pocket.
Speaker 5: Look, the mic is hot, it's a short.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 7: A minute.
Speaker 2: Don't be nobody's mother it is. Let me pull my mic out of back crack. You're going after brothers over the world.
Speaker 1: Shoot his mic. Don't touch my face? Right, So we had two kids dogging each other on the playground and te walks in when your mama starts, and then singer show up and there we go. By the way we've got. We didn't have as much sensitivity. Then the kind of chunky girl took a fat joke right.
Speaker 4: Out of I mean, my goodness, so fat, I love.
Speaker 1: You're so ugly. Shut down, get away from your face. That's pretty funny, yea tree up right? Yeah, the fat joke wasn't bad, No, it wasn't. Who cares about Pat mcavee, Pat McAfee.
Speaker 5: I found him and he's I don't know if he's in wrestling. Ship guys, you gotta be real real, uh yeah, in real good shape to be. I mean he's close, he's not quite there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, who's he wrestling? I don't know.
Speaker 4: I guess that's gun through. I don't know anything about wrestling.
Speaker 1: He just got on a pair of dress pads. He stood up from with a white belt on Continue lines are available if you want to join us unscreened phone calls. You're on the Rick Birders Show. Go ahead.
Speaker 10: If y'all keep playing that, mister t skid is going to get me fired from my job.
Speaker 1: I am.
Speaker 10: I am crying and hollering at the same time. You please, don't please anymore?
Speaker 8: Is for the moment.
Speaker 1: This is gonna get fired. It was it was eight which h what? Which one was that for?
Speaker 3: The for the heat when you're making me breakfast?
Speaker 1: No? No, no, the h was for the hard earned money.
Speaker 10: I know.
Speaker 1: Nine cuts on this on this album matter? What do you think about treat right because she's like the win we can you. You're on unscreen phone calls.
Speaker 15: Go ahead, Hey, y'all, this is Roma from Georgia.
Speaker 10: I just wanted to Hey.
Speaker 15: My husband has listened for twenty something years, and I started listening with him regularly when I retired, and y'all are like, well, I'm telling you, we talk about y'all like y'all are our real life friends.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what, I hope it does feel that way about people. You feel like you know us that's the way it should be. That's why radio is the best medium going. We try hard to What do you think of mister t' did.
Speaker 10: You like it?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 15: Well, it brought me back. I'll tell you that it sho back. Those shorts were something. Yeah, microphone, I may have something for y'all that might rible, mister t Okay. My son showed me this video yesterday of the I guess it's the beginning of war with Pakistan and India. Have y'all got Have y'all seen that on text?
Speaker 1: Earlier dance?
Speaker 15: It was so crazy.
Speaker 1: They didn't have a dance off.
Speaker 15: They did, okay, at the higher you could kick, the better. It was evidently like they were tougher the higher they kicked. It was so funny.
Speaker 1: We watched it and watched it and watched it with before they start shooting at each other. This is what they did.
Speaker 5: I think at the India Pakistan border. They've had these elaborate dances and demonstrations for a long time because tensions are kind of always there, and so they do these demonstrations and and but it's, y'all, it's it's very funny, Okay.
Speaker 1: I don't know how Yeah, yeah, we can just describe is this a.
Speaker 4: Skit or a play that this is actually at the border.
Speaker 5: But I do think this is a little bit like professional wrestling, and that all these guys are using the same bathrooms, you know what I mean? Like this is this is actually the border, the India Pakistan border, like this line in the middle of this colisseum, and it's just funny.
Speaker 4: They're doing these rooster steps and demonstrations.
Speaker 1: And which ones which whis uniform?
Speaker 5: I think the close side is Pakistan, okay, and then they the fast side is Indian.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, this is a show.
Speaker 4: It's a show. It's a show, but it's oh I thought.
Speaker 1: There is a dance off, and then start shooting each other.
Speaker 3: You got you got them, and you buy and everything.
Speaker 1: By the way, it's pretty funny for every pain that I called her. We continue The Rick Burgers Show unscreen phone calls. Go ahead. You just heard the Daily Best of The Rick Burgers Show. Catch the entire show wherever you get podcasts, or watch us live and archived on YouTube, and subscribers can watch the Daily Best of the Rick Burgers Show on Blaze TV.