Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Made it to a Friday Friday before we head out to San Francisco. We're nine days away from Super Bowl sixty. Got some football to discuss. Sam Darnold, the Seahawks quarterback. A little later on Rich Eisen, NFL network host, and Kevin Stefanski, the new head coach of the Atlanta Falcons. It is a meat Friday. In case you're wondering, and I know you are, we are having mango habit narrow glazed pork shoulder, Colorado's stuffed chicken breast, all courtesy of Heartland State Company, as well as macaroni cheese, biscuits, mashed potatoes.
Speaker 3: Who has it better than we do?
Speaker 4: Nobody?
Speaker 2: Yeah, not just a pork shoulder. It's mango habit narrow glazed pork shoulder. Gang's all here ready to go. Fritzy Seaton, Mark Paula, yours truly, and of course the back room guys. Stat of the day, you know it's Panini America. The official trading cards of the program. First Hour brought to you by RK zero Proof, the world's first zero proof spirits, the patented warm molecule same field, zero alcohol, all the cheers, none of the regrets. Try to RK zero proof dot Com Play the Day, poll question stat of the Day. All of that Forthcoming to head coaching vacancies, Cardinals.
Speaker 3: And the Raiders.
Speaker 2: I still believe Clint Kubiak, the offensive coordinator with the Seahawks, will get the Raiders job. Well, he probably could have either one of these jobs. And the Cardinals somebody's going to take the job. But Kevin Stefanski leaving the Browns and going to the Atlanta Falcons, that's one of those where you privately probably say, all right, I'll get over the embarrassment that I got fired because I got an upgrade here. I'm going from the Cleveland Browns to the Atlanta Falcons in a division that I can win, and I like my quarterback a lot more than I like my quarterback in Cleveland. Because I don't know what's happening with Kirk Cousins, but it certainly feels like Atlanta is either bringing him back at a lower price, a cap friendly price, or they are going to release him. And I wonder if you're Kirk Cousins and you look around the NFL. I don't know if he would go back to Minnesota and they would want him. I don't know if he could go to Pittsburgh and you could get a couple of years out of Kirk Cousins, or is there an offer from CBS. I thought he did a really good job in the playoffs. Maybe you settle in to Matt Ryan's chair. Possibility, so Matt Ryan comes to the Falcons and then maybe Kirk Cousins goes to CBS Sports. Maybe it's a trade.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: We're gonna have to check the salary cap on that. But well, we can talk to Kevin Stefanski about the future of Kirk D.
Speaker 3: Cousins.
Speaker 2: But many get out of Cleveland, and by all accounts, he got out of Cleveland and you get an upgrade going to the Atlanta Falcons.
Speaker 3: And it's kind of interesting though.
Speaker 2: I don't know if Michael Pennix is a great quarterback, a franchise quarterback. He's an upgrade over Shador Sanders, But I don't know if Todd Munkin, who's taken over the Cleveland Browns, and it didn't a lot of times when you get a new head coach, it's kind of a celebratory mood. It doesn't feel that way in Cleveland. It's like who do we get?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 2: Okay, Now I don't know who you thought you were going to get, but I would think like the Raiders getting Clinton Kobiac.
Speaker 3: That feels like you're getting the hot coordinator bringing that back. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now I'm just talking about he is the most talked about or one of the most talked about coordinators.
Speaker 3: And then you're going to get him.
Speaker 2: He's young, and you know, maybe you get you know, the situation where you bring in your quarterback, you got him helping him make that train position with Mendoza, you know, seems like an upgrade, a celebratory move if that happens.
Speaker 3: And that Arizona, you know who you getting where you go?
Speaker 2: Yes, even Pittsburgh, you know you're not happy with Mike McCarthy. But I do think Mike McCarthy was a safe choice. I think Slash good choice. The only thing that would concern me is how long he's coaching and does he want Aaron Rodgers back. That's an older team and I think the expectation level is probably going to be higher than it needs to be. But I do like that Mike McCarthy can develop quarterbacks if they happen to draft a quarterback. But I think going into next season, you know, I don't know what's happening with Jesse Mentors, the head coach of the Ravens, and you know, Lamar Jackson doesn't feel like he can stay healthy, doesn't want to run as much as he used to. Still a great organization, the Cincinnati Bengals. Of all the coaches that you thought would have a hard time holding onto their job, you know, it was Zach Taylor. Now he may look at you know, the front office may go, hey, we can win this division. So just the state of flux here with the NFL. And we started thinking about this earlier today. What are the big issues the NFL is facing. Usually every year the commissioner does his State of the Union address at the Super Bowl, and he gets questions, whether it's full time officials, whether it's gambling, whether it's concussions, streaming partners, an eighteenth game, international play, and this is something I told you a couple of years ago, that every team would play an international game. And I think that's where we're headed. The eighteen game schedule, and they're trying to expand the product that's why they're doing flag football. Because flag football is easy to play. They don't have to worry about, you know, concussions, you don't have to worry about uniforms, equipment, all of that, and I think that can take you into other countries with that. You know, the NFL's goal is global expansion here. But what is the big issue with the NFL? Is there a big issue that's you know, I've talked about gambling. If you ever got the quarterbacks make too much money, but if you ever got a quarterback who was involved in a gambling scandal, now we have a big issue there. I think protecting the shield. I think the integrity of the game. Now, you know, I've talked to people on both sides of the Hey, how about make the officials full time? Would we know the difference other than their full time officials? So that might be the perception is the reality of oh okay, what about transparency? Is there a way that we can be in on the discussions when they're looking at a review? So I don't I don't know if there's one issue, but I did think about that as we head into the super Bowl. It's really rare that we don't have that one issue where the commissioner knows he's going to be facing a barrage of questions. But it could be terf You know, there's certain fields in the NFL that injuries happen. You know, I got new stadiums being built, so, I mean there's a lot of things that are going on. But I don't know if there's an overriding one where you go, boy, he's going to have to answer a lot of questions about that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, seton.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I would say the first one that jumps to mind to me is the cost of being a fan. Ticket prices are mostly unaffordable. I know the games are sold out and everything, but a huge portion of the population isn't even close to being able to afford to.
Speaker 7: Go to a game.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Streaming, you know, you have to have seven different streaming platforms to catch all the games if you really want them. That costs a ton of money. Merch costs a ton of money. There's just there's all of these barriers now financially to being a fan that maybe right now it isn't a huge issue, but could become one in the near future.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't know if it's something that the Commission.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know if the media will bring that up to him about the high cost of going to a game, the high cost of being a fan.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, the cost of fandom, right is exorbitant. Yeah, yeah, Pauline, there's both.
Speaker 9: A good and bad of that. We did a little research earlier in the season. And if you wanted all the streaming services to get every single NFL game this year, it costs you about eight hundred and twenty bucks and that's a lot of money. But then you can make the case twenty years ago you didn't have that option whatsoever for any amount of money. You can watch every single game now by choice or not. So it's it's a tough and I'm not sure if.
Speaker 3: It is an issue.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just you shouldn't have to keep paying to see these games. It's expensed, and I know that that's not going to happen. The course they have to get you know, subscriptions here, but it's tough to keep up with where game is and how do I get the game you know for and we're in the business, you know for somebody who is you know, middle of nowhere, and they're trying to get these games. I mean we worked with direct TV, but you know that's that's a challenge as well. I do think the officials being full time, whether that's going to make them better or not, I do think transparency would be awesome if they let us listen in when they're you know, in contact with the home office. I don't know if that will happen. I don't know if they can do it after the fact instead of real time in the moment. But even then, I'd like to hear, you know, when they make up players. That's always great. You know they're they're not miked up real time that we get to hear them, but they'll bring something back. I'd like to know how you came up with the decision to overturn something.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Paul, transparency makes a lot of sense that that that Bill's Broncos Interception play, it was unclear whether the play was being reviewed, and at home you shouldn't not know whether a review is happening, and by.
Speaker 2: Home seeing you've got to pull question for the first hour of this award nominated program.
Speaker 6: Well, we can actually start right there with the things we just sort of listed off. What is currently the NFL's biggest issue officiating transparency, gambling or the cost. I don't know if there's other things that we want to put in there.
Speaker 1: But.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know if we do other if people want to write in their you know, text or social media.
Speaker 3: May mean turf versus grass.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do think that's a big issue with these athletes with the shoes that are made. And you know, because we go back to when hey Bill Russell never had a sprained ankle and he was playing on low cut combers. The shoes the way they're shaped now and the turf and players talk about this, you know, is there maybe a propensity to put yourself in a bad position with your knee or your achilles those things? And I know, I'm sure the NFL is studying all of this and has data on all of this. But I do think there are certain surfaces that are issues and MetLife is one of those. And you have two teams that play double your pleasure there when you come to MetLife eight seven seven three DP show operator Tyler sitting by email address DP Atdanpatrick dot com, Twitter handle at DP showed whole question, what do you aside from that one anything else that I know? Todd has a few of pole questions as well.
Speaker 10: I had how do you feel about no NFL games to watch this Sunday? I'm fine with it. Been watching so much all season. I could use a break. It's terrible, going to feel like a fish out of water. Whatever will I do?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's forcing us to watch things that maybe we wouldn't. Might be a movie that you're watching, might be a series that you start and we got one more game like That's it's one of those where you go, oh my god, what am I gonna do?
Speaker 11: Well?
Speaker 2: We get through. We somehow we make it through. We're warriors. We can get through a couple of weeks and then March madness comes around, and then all of a sudden baseball and then we got the draft and then the NBA Finals will be okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Point.
Speaker 9: We had an idea. I just looked this up in twenty seventeen. We were playing good idea, bad idea, and our idea was for this Sunday, the worst two teams in the NFL play for the number one draft pick. Yeah, which would be Vegas versus the Jets.
Speaker 3: I think it'd be awesome.
Speaker 4: It would be awesome.
Speaker 3: I think it'd be honest, and does on the sideline.
Speaker 2: If it's all about content, like that's what I always say, content is king. If I can televise eight hours of the Hall of Fame Committee discussing somebody, wouldn't that be great?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: I don't know if the voters would go for it. The NFL, it's all about content, that would be wonderful. Be kind of like that C span where you know, you kind of you know, what are they discussing, what are they voting on? I'll watch it for a little bit that you'd probably watched for a long time because you would know these players that they're bringing up, and all of a sudden, I'm here to present Bill Belichick, and then an hour later you realize Bill's probably not getting in. Yes, Marvin, what if.
Speaker 12: You're one of the bad teams and you're one of the players that you're going a tight hamstring, I'm not going to be able to play this.
Speaker 2: One, So you're you're gonna have people who are faking injuries so their teams can win that game and then get the number one draft pick they're.
Speaker 4: Going to opt out. You know what, I just don't even want to play this game.
Speaker 3: Well, you have to win the game.
Speaker 2: You have to win the game to get the number one draft pick, like you have to play?
Speaker 4: Do you have to?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 4: But what if you're like a free agent you don't care either way?
Speaker 3: Well, okay, it's not gonna happen. Can you have some fun? Marvin? Why are you so serious? Good idea of bad idea?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 4: What's having fun?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: You were?
Speaker 4: I'm sorry?
Speaker 10: Yes, it would be weird to go from tanking if a team is doing that and all of a sudden, now you're anti tanking at the last minute for this one game.
Speaker 3: Now you're doing the oppe.
Speaker 2: Be good TV, right, I'd love to see that. Have the Jets and the Raiders squaring off. Got the whole weekend to yourself with that?
Speaker 3: Be good?
Speaker 8: All right?
Speaker 2: So we'll come up with a poll question for you and suggestions as well. If you look at the big picture with the NFL moving forward, what is is there a pressing issue? We'll get to your phone calls. We'll talk about Cooper flag last.
Speaker 3: Night and.
Speaker 2: It's out there with Giannis and it's starting to get out there with Lebron James of what it's going to happen with these two play going into the trade deadline or going into next season, and the Lebron at the Garden tickets are crazy, prices crazy because people get the feeling are they gonna this? Is this going to be the last game that Lebron plays in New York? I think he plays again next year. The question is where does he play? Well, we'll talk about that, and is Cleveland the uh the obvious choice there or possibility? As for Giannis, your guess is as good as mine.
Speaker 3: Can you wait? I would wait till the summer.
Speaker 2: Feels like more flexibility for teams and maybe you get a bidding more here. And also I'd be concerned about the injuries that he has. You know, we might look at this, these calf injuries as he gets older. You know how much of an issue is that, Because we kind of looked at this injury here and we go, oh, okay, I know what he's doing. He's not going to play for the Bucks again. He's been out a few times with calf injuries, so maybe that's a real issue moving forward. All right, A lot to get to, including Cooper Flag going for forty nine last night.
Speaker 3: We'll take a break. We're back after this Dan Patrick's show.
Speaker 1: Be sure to Catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 14: Hey, it's Ben, host of The Fifth Hour with Ben Maller. Would mean a lot to have you join us on our weekly auditory journey.
Speaker 8: You're asking what in God's name is the Fifth Hour.
Speaker 14: I'll tell you it's a spin off of The Ben Maler Show, a cult hit overnights on FSR.
Speaker 8: Why should you listen?
Speaker 14: Picture if you will, a world where we chat with captains of industry in media, sports, and more every week explore.
Speaker 8: Some amazing facts about human nature and more.
Speaker 14: Listen to The Fifth Hour with Ben Maller on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcast, or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 3: We'll get to your phone calls.
Speaker 2: Coming up on this meet Friday Kevin Stefanski, the Falcons new head coach, Rich Eisen, and we'll talk to Sam Darnold, the Seahawks quarterback. In the final hour of the program, Cooper Flag went for forty nine last night and his a former Duke teammate, kN Knipple, went for thirty four and got the win. You start to look at Flag's numbers and I thought, Okay, he's going to be a contributor to Dallas with Ad Kyrie, it's a chance for him to kind of be the maybe the third option there. Then all of a sudden, they're not coming back and it's his team at age nineteen. But if you think about Cooper Flag growing up, every stop it's been his team, So he knows what the role is. I don't think anybody thought that he could perform at this high level at this age in age nineteen, and you start to watch his game and if he can figure out and he will the three point shot, that's when it gets really really interesting because you know, I see the shot.
Speaker 3: It's a little slow.
Speaker 2: He's not great at it yet, but he does have form, which is important to have and be willing to take it with confidence. But he's not afraid to go to the hoop. He'll you know, he'll slow down in going to the hoop. I mean it's just natural. Now, can you you know, kind of be Kevin Durant, Dirk Navitzky and maybe throw in a three point shooter that you know he can kind of model his game after, because that's probably what this is going to be.
Speaker 3: You know, you slash.
Speaker 2: When you're young, you're not afraid to go to the hoop, and then all of a sudden you're like, I don't need to exert that much energy or injury. And you know he'll live in the two point area, but the ability to take it out. He even had a moment last night where he had a little step back, knee up Dirk Davitsky shot that he made. You can add if I'm him, I study Dirk, I study Kevin Durant. Those would be the guys getting points in the two point area, and you know, model yourself after somebody his size who's going to go out to the three point line. How do you get separation there. He's obviously athletic, not afraid to run, and plays both ends of the floor. But I thought maybe he's a fifteen or sixteen point scorer this year, just trying to blend in. But you know what they he knows he has to score. It's not he gets to score, it's when they come down the floor they look for him. So you got guys who are probably five years seven years older than him, and they're giving him the ball. And you look at his numbers from when he started with sixteen points a game. You get up to twenty five a game, and you know in the month of December, and then you know, here's January as well, where he's playing at a very very high level. Here is the final three that he made to give him forty nine last night flag. You they buy pose, but he gets anyway, moving backwards towards the McCourt line.
Speaker 3: Now on the attack, the pop for.
Speaker 14: Three ads plus shot flag at a time of fine Charles Lee.
Speaker 3: Was thirty three forty one seconds left. He gets up.
Speaker 15: Forty nine boys games Cooper Flag.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it not supposed to happen. Uh.
Speaker 2: I mean, these are great athletes that he's going against. Now you can say, oh, they don't play defense. They do play defense. Those are all contested when you watch, you know, even the three, it's contested. And you know, you got these guys who were six seven six' eight on the perimeter guarding him and they have a wingspan of seven. Feet, uh he's hitting, down hitting big. SHOTS i did feel bad for Con canipple's former teammate because he was Guarding Cooper flag a few times And Cooper flagg took. Advantage Although Canipple canipple has been the biggest surprise because he's a great. Shooter he had thirty four they won the, game and you look at his. Numbers, now he's not going to Win rookie of The. Year It's Cooper. Flag but he's averaging nineteen a.
Speaker 3: Game and don't leave him. Open he is knocked down. Dangerous, yes, Yes Marvin.
Speaker 12: MAN i really wish you'd have gone to The. Spurs If wenby's right, there you double. Him he'd have a field day and he'd be on NATIONAL tv.
Speaker 4: More he's playing on The.
Speaker 12: Hornets, yeah they're not horror, awful but they're, careful horrible and. Awful but if he was with The, spurs more people would know about.
Speaker 2: HIM i, think, wait are you spelling The hornets with who? R?
Speaker 12: No, no, no that's a shack. Ism Oh shack used to use the word, horror, awful horrible and. Awful oh.
Speaker 2: Again, okay all, right let me See andrew In. Washington Hi, andrew what's on your?
Speaker 7: Mind good, Morning, Dan, Dannette thanks for taking my call. Over you have a great super week next. WEEK i did just want to hit on The Cooper flag And Kong Nipple imitational last night an amazing game between. Rookies thinking about them as A duke fan from last year's team was wonderful seeing them go head to. Head the ball was in both of their hands at the end of the. Game it was a contested, game so that even made it more. Worthwhile but just to kind of look at that game, overall we saw so many. Things cooper flags forty nine points to the most points by a rookie in the game since twenty. Nineteen no rookie since two thousand and nine have scored over forty nine. Points also their combined points if you really go, Back, DAN i know you said you got into basketball in the late, sixties but in nineteen seventy, one it's the only time that two rookies in a game scored more points than their eighty. THREE i think it was. Tiny archibald And merivitz combined for ninety one. Points so that's just.
Speaker 3: Amazing, YEP i was at the. GAME i was at that.
Speaker 2: Game That's Cincinnati gardens AND i think it Was march of nineteen seventy one And maravich Against Nate. Archibald defense was. Optional so Continue, andrew what else do you?
Speaker 4: Have?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 7: Dan after yesterday's show and a little bit Into todd's past AT espn being the quiet. Guy now we get to see his. PERSONALITY i got to bring it back around and ask when are we getting A tod? Cast we're all About todd? Cast is that still in the? Mix and seeing working With dylan on?
Speaker 3: IT i have no. IDEA i think you guys tried, one didn't.
Speaker 10: You we did one about three or four weeks, ago and we are long overdue to get back in there and.
Speaker 4: Try to do a second.
Speaker 10: One all, Right but is something that we're working, on And dylan's a fun partner for.
Speaker 3: That do you want to do?
Speaker 4: IT i?
Speaker 3: Do, OKAY i.
Speaker 10: Do dylan AND i have been talking about, it and we ONCE i guess we get back from Sup, bowl things calm down a.
Speaker 4: Little we'll get back in the.
Speaker 2: Booth the eighty three points combined By flag And canipple the most in a game by pair of rookies Since Tiny archibald had forty Seven maravich had forty, four and that was nineteen seventy.
Speaker 3: One this stat of the day brought to you By Panini.
Speaker 2: America So march of nineteen seventy.
Speaker 3: One, yeah, Correct, YEAH i got.
Speaker 4: It.
Speaker 2: Okay So Lou hudson Was Pete merrivich's teammate thirty three for?
Speaker 4: Him?
Speaker 3: Okay uh Was Tom payne on The Atlanta. HAWKS i don't have him in, them, okay.
Speaker 2: Okay so as for Tiny, archibald they had Jumping Johnny. Green, yep he had twenty, Two tom Van arsdale twenty, Points Sam lacy twenty three. Points you'll know this, guy you know him more known as a?
Speaker 3: Bull Uh norm Van Lear? OH i Love Norm, vanyah of course you. Did he was a pest, or a pest, past not a pesc. Pescatarianctarian they didn't even use their.
Speaker 9: Bench they had one player off the bench for six. Minutes your, Guy Flynn, robinson.
Speaker 2: That's the electric guy who got traded For kareem Abdul.
Speaker 3: Jabbar modern players could have never Survived.
Speaker 2: Oscar oscar uh was Traded Flynn robinson And Charlie Polk those were the two guys traded For Oscar palkoff From.
Speaker 3: Milwaukee, Yes, marvin.
Speaker 12: So what's this notion about guys played defense back in the day and they don't play defense.
Speaker 2: NOW i never watched a game growing, up going does anybody play defense, HERE i.
Speaker 3: Just why do we care about it so?
Speaker 13: Much?
Speaker 6: Now did we saw a handful Of Bill lamber highlights like how everybody?
Speaker 4: Played?
Speaker 2: DID i truly never watched AN nba game for the growing up WHERE i, went, man these guys don't play.
Speaker 3: Defense it.
Speaker 2: Was there are certain guys who know how to play. Offense AND i don't care how good a defender you. Are you're not stopping. Them you're only hoping to contain.
Speaker 4: Them that is.
Speaker 2: It nobody Stopping, Kareem nobody Stopped, wilt nobody Stopped oscar And, jerry and nobody Stopping. MIKE i, mean run down the. List these guys are unbelievable at what they, do and they know what they're going to. Do as a, defender you have to react to what they're. Doing now you force them into maybe areas where they have to go, left or they're in, traffic or a double. Team it's amazing when you look at the burden to be the big score every like iverson every, night knew he had to put up thirty shots because he didn't have great, teammates not great.
Speaker 3: Scores every single.
Speaker 2: NIGHT i Watched Nate archibald and he was maybe five to nine AND i watched it and he went left every single. Time and he wasn't a great knockdown, shooter but he led the league in scoring an assists for a last place. Team, like they're just certain guys that defy. Logic that's the amazing part of. It when you watch, basketball you, go how is that guy doing what he's?
Speaker 3: Doing, Yeah.
Speaker 9: Paully THE nba cared so little about defense in the seventies that they didn't even have A Defensive player of The year award until nineteen eighty.
Speaker 2: Two, like you don't care because nobody played defense back, then and eighty.
Speaker 9: Two Sid moncrief showed up and ruined it for.
Speaker 3: Everybody, Yes, marvin.
Speaker 12: That's like When Jerry west passed away and were watching old highlights and old games of them versus The, celtics And Jerry west looked like when evolution chart the first guy standing upright because everybody else was in. It, oh there we gos and then they're played by play go.
Speaker 4: Damn.
Speaker 2: Oh it's it's, like wait a, minute that guy is playing by a whole different skill.
Speaker 4: Set he's stopping on a.
Speaker 3: Dime, wait he's actually shooting a jump shot.
Speaker 12: There, uh look at. Him then their voices, Changed, well look At Jerry.
Speaker 3: West.
Speaker 2: Oh so that Was march of nineteen seventy. ONE i got there three hours before the game. STARTED i snuck in there were there was a side entrance to The Cincinnati. Gardens you went up the steps and all the offices were, there and we found a way that we could go in and go, over you, know a wall, railing and we were in The Cincinnati. Gardens nobody's out, there just me and two other, friends and all of a, Sudden maravich came. Out is there a guy named he's a guard for The hawks Named.
Speaker 3: White there was a lot of white guards for The hawks back.
Speaker 2: Then, no but he was actually Named. White checking this guy put on he didn't. Play he put on an unbelievable dunk. Show And rovitch could sense that everybody was getting excited when this guy. Was it was Like Herbie white or, yes Hunt Herb.
Speaker 10: White nineteen seventy seventy one season for The.
Speaker 2: Hawks Herbert. White, yes he put on a dunk. Show he didn't. Play But maravich then started like bouncing it off the, floor catching it off the, glass and you know he was there to you, know be the the, star But archibald matched him and then Some, Yeah Paul.
Speaker 9: Herb white out Of georgia played one year in THE nba that year that you saw. Him he's he's still with us at seventy seven years, old, righty and his nickname he's From, Decatur. Georgia the elevator From. Decatur, OOH i like. That let's get him in The hall Of.
Speaker 3: Fame elevator From. Decatur.
Speaker 2: Awesome AND i got to see him in his one year in THE, nba and he left a lasting impression on.
Speaker 10: Me, yes hut eighth, round one hundred and thirty third, overall pick your Friend Herb.
Speaker 4: White Herb.
Speaker 2: White he's like six foot six' One and, i'm, like damn this guy is put on a show and then you think somebody's that good and then he doesn't get in. The game like what if that guy put on a show in? Warm ups he didn't even get in. The, game yes mark warm, up guys fools gold hello. RIGHT here i took. IT serious i, was, Like damn i'm gonna hit. Every shot let me get some phone calls. In here do you HAVE a nba quiz?
Speaker 3: For ME poum? I do if you. Want, It okay i'll start off.
Speaker 9: With this the youngest player to score forty nine points because it's not fifty AND an nba game Is Now cooper flag at. Nineteen years the question IS which nba player scored forty nine the fastest IN their. Nba career like the amount, of games the Hint Is cooper flag didn't. Win this he was forty four games in when he got. Forty nine plus who did it in fewer games or? The Fewest, Wilt Chamberlain will chamberlain. A second he did it in HIS a. Nba game he had. Fifty Five kareem kaream is not on. The, list ooh a couple. More Names elvin hayes did it in, Game Thirteen rick barry did it in. Game Thirty.
Speaker 3: Marvin. Brandon Jennings brandon jennings. Is correct.
Speaker 9: You'll win a lot of money with. This one fifty five points in HIS seventh. Nba game he never scored, fifty.
Speaker 3: Again probably never scored. Forty again it might.
Speaker 2: Be right It's like Brandon jenn And Like michael red had fifty in.
Speaker 3: A game that's where it's. Really random when you it's almost like.
Speaker 2: No hitters where you, go wait that guy never threw a, No hitter but then that guy threw a. No hitter some of these random guys that would, get, Fifty, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Marvin tony deuk put him a Fifty Piece.
Speaker 3: Tony Kentucky's Tony, Delk.
Speaker 9: Yeah Pauli brandon jennings, former HAD like, i said fifty five in game seven of. His career his next best game of his entire career was thirty, seven, points.
Speaker 2: Right dang but when you get on a roll with, these guys and you could see That With cooper flag. Last night things were falling and he banked. In one, you know he's going down. The lane everything's kind of going, your way and that's where the, opposition knows, you know not Like The Atlanta Hawks len bird went for sixty or they're falling all. Over themselves but that's when the opposition, is, LIKE damn i hope they don't have me go in and try to.
Speaker 3: Guard, Him, yes marv when you.
Speaker 12: Get to, that level those guys that score fifty that might, be random random guys, to us they've scored fifty points before in. The game they've been the man their. Entire lives that's why they're IN, the nba and then when they get a chance to get, The, Ball oh i'm.
Speaker 2: Taking it How About travis best played For. THE pacers i think he scored eighty one points in a high.
Speaker 3: School game.
Speaker 2: Eighty one so, these guys, you know you go, to college you're expected to be, great there you go TO. The nba some, stay great some. Become greater but these guys are so used to give me. THE ball i want. The ball, All, right well take. A break phone calls. Coming up we're looking at the NFL's. Biggest issue is there a big issue and overriding issue as we move forward here That, the commissioner when he has his press conference next Week In, san francisco. WILL address i still think it's officiating with full. TIME officials i. THINK transparency i think bringing us in so we can listen to how you're coming up with THE call i think would. Be fascinating but we'll discuss your phone calls and When rich eisen, joins Us so i'll ask him. About That kevin stefanski From the Falcons And sam darnold and the final hour of the program play the.
Speaker 1: Day Next Fox sports radio has the best sports talk lineup in. The nation catch all of our Shows At foxsports radio dot com and Within the iHeartRadio APP search fsr to. Listen live Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Of the day where this is the play of.
Speaker 8: The day shut. The shout the ball's gonna end up in. Flags hands let him shoot? A, three yep go, for, it.
Speaker 3: Yes cop.
Speaker 8: Ripping up.
Speaker 3: The stepscheet he shoots.
Speaker 8: Twenty eight percent from behind the arc and he smoks. That one.
Speaker 2: Sit enough so That's the hornets announcing team Saying.
Speaker 3: To, cooper flag, go ahead take.
Speaker 2: That three the uh game tying three pointer sent the game. Into overtime that's courtesy Of Fan. Duel southeast that's your play of. The day Play the day brought to You By Dude. Dude wipes switch To Life changing wet extra. Large Fleshable Dude wipes wetter is better Available at amazon and major. Retailers Nationwide, Dude, best clean. Hands down update the poll. Results Seating then i'll get to some phone calls On. This, friday yeah we got up there.
Speaker 6: Right now which is the biggest problem currently FACING. The nfl is it, officiating, slash, transparency gambling, field service field surface or cost?
Speaker 3: Of fandom?
Speaker 6: Right now officiating transparency is just edging out the cost.
Speaker 2: Of, fandom, Okay yeah i'm sure the commissioner Will address he'll be asked about full time. Officials transparency is there a way that we can, eavesdrop on, you know when they're making these calls and be fascinated to hear?
Speaker 1: The?
Speaker 3: Communication fascinating, All.
Speaker 2: Right Buddha In, San Francisco, Hi, Buddha, No, No.
Speaker 15: Boddy Happy Meet friday boys every day The. Super bowl Let's GO.
Speaker 1: FRITZY dp i.
Speaker 15: Have an amazing set of the day for you guys about a team you were talking about in the first. Segment there BUT first i would like to Thank the Hall, Of fame dan and the committee, for Being as, marvin says no good but. SO good, i mean They've given america a week's worth of amazing content on a week where traditionally it's kind.
Speaker 3: Of Boring, AND.
Speaker 15: Dan i look forward to welcoming you Guys In. San francisco the weather looks like it's going to. Be amazing the show set is RIGHT where i usually launch off on my paddle board to hit Up macaby cove during, baseball SEASON and i was wondering how many Cities will fritzy? Go to to Get To. San francisco.
Speaker 2: Fair question now you have Gone from Hartford to Florida.
Speaker 10: To, Vegas yeah i'd made a couple of wrong turns as far as the booking of, the, Flights, RIGHT yeah I think i went like down To like Florida Or north carolina only to. Go west it was a lot of, extra MILES but i thought that was the best itinerary until LATER on i realized there was something a little better. Than that you gotta you want to you want to go in the direction you want if you're, gonna connect you went?
Speaker 3: South, West, yeah okay do you have a Connector? FROM hartford.
Speaker 10: I do hartford has been known for not a lot of.
Speaker 3: NonStop opportunities and so where are? WE going i?
Speaker 4: Am going do you guys want to guess or you want to just Tell?
Speaker 6: You chicago we're Flying To, San Francisco so i'm. Gonna guess todd is Connecting Through mexico?
Speaker 3: City through are you Going?
Speaker 10: To atlanta i'll Tell you i'm Going, to WASHINGTON.
Speaker 3: D c it's.
Speaker 4: Not, TERRIBLE yeah i. WOULD rather i would rather the first.
Speaker 10: Part go, you know you want to make progressive steps towards, the destination but based ON what i looked at AND when i wanted.
Speaker 4: To leave i've got to GO to.
Speaker 10: Dc to San francisc, all, right well, Coming back i'm going to make a Stop in philadelphia on my Way.
Speaker 2: To hertford, all right thoughts and prayers here, you go dooughts. And prayers, Thank. You budha we'll see you. Next week by, the Way The China basin park is where we're, set up and you'd like to, join us get there early and there's. Limited seating there is standing room, available there but if you'd like to, come out we'd love to saleo to you. In person Keith. And, Chico, hi keith what's on?
Speaker 3: Your? Mind?
Speaker 11: HEY dan i got a.
Speaker 5: Few things we'll start WITH.
Speaker 11: THE nfl i think they shouldn't make it hard to view. Every game they've got way too many streaming services for me to.
Speaker 13: GET into i also think that past.
Speaker 11: Interference call should be worth just fifteen yards instead of the, spots fills and maybe have expedited reviews Done By new york in real time on those calls to make sure. THEY'RE right I think michigan football will have a decent bounce back after the new coaching Hire And bryce underwood deciding to stay. In town though it's not going to be a signetty type Of return, i'm IMAGINING and i, Gotta, say dan you guys.
Speaker 5: Are awesome i'm driving a physical.
Speaker 11: Therapy school right now for a six hour LAB and i can't think of a better way to start out. My morning thanks for all you guys do and letting us engage with.
Speaker 5: You guys happy To.
Speaker 3: Meet friday, Thank, you keith. Thank you how, about THAT tod i love hearing things. Like, that yeah. Very refreshment that's a lot of.
Speaker 4: People's, lives yes it's not a lot of jobs off off.
Speaker 3: For that nobody said suck a back row.
Speaker 15: Or.
Speaker 10: Anything no, so far it's been A, pleasant Friday and i'm glad we can.
Speaker 3: Make it surely, it's early, it's early they. HAVE time i, just Instigated so Jake, and buffalo Good. Morning.
Speaker 4: Jake.
Speaker 5: Hey yeah an issue that wasn't a pull question option is the players union scandal that came out over. THE summer, i mean we had no, show jobs strip. Club meetings they were stealing. Union dues it's like the script to A bad, mafia movie and it seemed like it could eventually LEAD to i, don't know the players maybe holding out or something to. That effect and then the greatest distraction ever showed UP the nfl season and we haven't heard anything.
Speaker 13: About it so not Sure if goodell can or legally like legally can talk, about IT but i think it at least be worth a question being, asked them like where that stands are his opinion?
Speaker 12: On?
Speaker 3: It, yeah yeah you're right.
Speaker 2: About it, you know once the, season starts you can Have something i'm not gonna say, a scandal but you, could have, you know controversy during. The week, but man once you get to, the weekend those things go away because there's games to.
Speaker 3: Be. Played uh we'll.
Speaker 2: Get some more phone calls coming up and settle our poll question from, hour one bring another poll question two. Year Attention rich eisen will join us in an hour, From Now sam darnold. As well, next hour we'll talk to the new head coach Of The, Atlanta Falcons kevin stefanski eight seven to seven TO Three dp show EMAIL address Dp at danpatrick, Dot com twitter HANDLE at dp show and once again stat Of the day brought, to you as Always By. Panini america they just sent us. Some cards It's The Panine senior bowl. GOING on i think they sent us trading cards of everybody. Who's taking even a long snapper has his. Own card benini doing, it right the official trading Cards Of dan. Patrick's show so one hour in, the books two more. To go It's A. Meet friday, Fritzi's, Here, Satan, marv paula yours truly and they always needed necessary back. Room guys hour two on the way right after this