Speaker 1: I put with Alexi Napola and Mari saw Patton an iHeartRadio podcast. Hey Alexia, I haven't seen your face in a week.
Speaker 2: I know that's like recording.
Speaker 1: Actually more than a week.
Speaker 2: Well, I think the last time we saw each other was on my birthday May third. No, see if we don't say it all. You left on a cruise. Yeah, yeah, how was your cruise though?
Speaker 1: You know? It was going really well until the one day I went abroad off the ship and I meandered around on this island and I got really hot, and I don't like to get hot, and I got itchy, so I had to come back and take a really cold, cold shower, and my seat patches fell off, and I didn't realize it had fallen off, so I didn't put new seat patches on. So when I woke up in the morning, I was very seasick. So that kind of messed up the rest of my trip.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I don't get to see.
Speaker 1: There's nothing worse than that. I've heard. I got that from my mother. My mother would always get seasick, and my dad was a sailor, so he was never sick. You'd think I would have gotten the sailorship from him, the olive skin from her, the blue eyes from him. I got all the things I didn't want. That's how usually is right, sparkling personality.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Also with that, Ado went to my house Mother's Day.
Speaker 2: Mother's Day was nice. I was with Peter and Frankie and my good friends Lorena and Avellio that are like my family. We went to Mother's Day brunch at Sea Spice, one of my favorite restaurants in Miami. It's still one of my favorite restaurants in Miami, considering that they've opened up like another hundred since then. They have not them Sea Spies, I mean Miami. I mean Sea Spice has been around for ten years. But I felt like it was my favorite restaurant ten years ago when they opened, and it continues to be one of my top favorite restaurants in Miami. The food was, But what I'm saying is they have a lot of competition, you know, Miami and Miami. They're opening up and closing restaurants all the time. So the fact that they made it for ten years and their food is still delicious about it sushi to the many, which we love. Yeah, So yeah, we had a great time Besides that, it was hot as hell, because welcome to Miami in the summers. In Miami, even though it's not officially summer, the weather is well, it's almost June. I mean, summer is about to start. But what I'm trying to say is when it says like, you know, one hot day, this is what we got for the rest of the summer. So the weather was very, very hot, but you know it's I'm not complaining because it was a beautiful day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, listen, you can't complain. A healthy day above ground is a good day, right.
Speaker 2: The food was great, the drinks were good, the day was beautiful, So that's all. And I was with my beautiful kids. Yeah, yeah, yeah, kids. You know I still call them kids. You know, Peter's almost thirty two, and I'm like, my beautiful kids, they're I know, I forget right.
Speaker 1: My step kids gave me flowers and a card.
Speaker 2: And.
Speaker 1: Hunter came into the kitchen the morning, get me a really big hug and said I love you, You're the best mom. I choked up. I couldn't even respond. I didn't even speak because I knew the tears were the tears were coming out, and I didn't say a word. I told them later after a few drinks, go hunt. I'm sorry I didn't say anything, but I really choked up when you did that to me, emotionally constipated, and no, I just didn't want to be crying water works with this young man that you know, said something so beautiful to men. I don't want me to feel like it turned into a weird thing, like I made it weird.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I don't know I was going to handle that anyway. I'm already very sweet. I'm getting misty already thinking about it. It was so nice.
Speaker 2: That's very sweet. Yes, well, I got flowers and phone calls and text thank you for all your love. You know, our fans and our viewers and our listeners that this sent me such an messages. And I really appreciate all the love.
Speaker 1: It's very special. In the fans chime in and have something nice to say, because there's so much negativity. But it's been good. It's been good.
Speaker 2: Well, speaking of fans, there's a lot going on in the Bravo universe, almost all kinds stuff. Yeah, I think we keep everybody very busy. We're very entertaining, and there's always something going on in our lives, and I feel that that's why we're on TV, and everybody loves to watch and know that they're not alone.
Speaker 1: Everyone's suffering good together.
Speaker 2: Yes, but in this particular case, I guess we should talk about the cast shake up with the Real Housewives of Atlanta for season sixteen. How do you feel about Chara not coming back?
Speaker 1: I just don't get it. She's like a yo yo. They get rid of her, they bring her back, they get rid of her, they bring her back. This is like her third time. I don't know what to think. Is she really gone?
Speaker 2: I think they shall come back again. I feel like she's one of these characters that is always going to have a place. You know, she's very memorable, and you know, not everybody's that kind of a character, But I feel like certain cities have certain women that are always welcome back. Yeah, and she's one of them. Sure, so we'll miss you. I think she's amazing. She's always been one of my favorites since I started watching Atlanta. I've always loved her, and so we'll miss her. But I really do believe that whenever she wants to go back, she'll always have a place with a group, and she'll always have a place and everyone's heart because everybody really loves her too and enjoys watching her. Yeah, and Candy's out also, But I think in Candy's case, it was something personal. I think she decided not to come back this season even before, you know, I think when the show wrapped up, or she after.
Speaker 1: She's been there, any time she'd been there what she started season two. So yeah, fourteen years.
Speaker 2: That's a long time. That is a very long time. And I think that she has so many other things going on in her career that you know, sometimes you have to know, like to step down and kind of like prioritize, you know, what's going on. And I think she know she had a really long run and Leah.
Speaker 1: And a long one, long one, and she's very talented, and yeah, she gets a lot of other work with the music and producing and all of that.
Speaker 2: And then we have our friend Porsche Willie. We're so happy for you.
Speaker 1: I missed her. She needs to be there. She's so great.
Speaker 2: I would be so such great TV. And she's so much fun and her energy and you know what I love about Porsche is that she's so genuine. She's so raw, you know.
Speaker 1: She says it as it is.
Speaker 2: She never holds back and you know, she's really been very authentic and I think that that's why the fans love her, because you know, she's there to you know, to say the truth and you know, and she keeps it fun a lot of the times most of the time. And it's going to be interesting to see like her friendship with Kenya because you know, once upon a time, we all know what happened.
Speaker 1: Absolutely that was one of the greatest Moms and Central TV moments.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, yeah, that was crazy. That was really crazy. But so you know, it's going to be you know, a lot of it's going to be interesting, just like to see what their dynamics is like, you know, I feel like Kenya is going to be there for Porsche. I think Porsha has like a lot to say, you know, her personal story and things that have been going on, and I think Kenya will be a friend to her because I think Kenya, I also love Kenya. I just can't wait to see them together because I think that they're going to end up being, you know, good friends. And for sure, I know Kenya, like from women to women, she'll be there. I mean, I don't know if they're going to rehash anything that's happened in the past, or they've moved forward, like those things. You never know. I mean, you know that weren't a group of women in these kind of shows, and you never know, like what's the trigger that can get you to that bad place again? But hopefully it won't because you know, I think they've both evolved so much, you know, Kenya and Porscha spiritually, I think they've grown so much, and you know, they're successful women. You know, they've had children and their lives have changed a lot. You know, I think that they're like different women. We're going to see different women this season.
Speaker 1: You never know, maybe we will, maybe we won't. You know who I miss and I wish would be there as Niny. She was just such good TV.
Speaker 2: No, I think she would be fantastic, But you know that's a different story. You know, she is great TV. And I think that she also was one of those iconic characters that she's always had a place there and would have come back. But you know, unfortunately or fortunately that happens, and I don't think there's any way of her coming back.
Speaker 1: Right right. I Actually I had also read that Kim Zolciak. Weeks ago, months ago, they were saying that Kim was going to come back now amid her divorce, you know, because they wanted to catch all of that.
Speaker 2: But I don't know what kind of playing out a lot. You know, it's like if you hang out long enough, if there's going to be marriages and they're going to be divorces. You know. So it's like, you know, you don't want every story to be about, you know, somebody's divorce, even though Kim's divorce has been pretty public. But I think that they chose to do that because honestly, she's not on the show right now when the cameras aren't there, So you know, I don't know why it became so public, And you know that's a scary part too, because it's like, do you really like because.
Speaker 1: They were calling the police and making a public.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, once the police is involved, Yeah, but she's to be in this lineup that they've they've right, but you know he's in the lineup. Cynthia Bailey our friend Cynthia Bany and we love Cynthia. She's another one that I think will always be part of the Atlanta family. And she's so easy to get along with. Yeah, and yeah, she's she's a good friend. She's she's a good person, and I'm very happy for her. I feel like Cynthia fits in in any group. She would fit in here with us, in Miami, she fits in Beverly Hills, she fits in with Atlanta. She's just like that woman. That woman, So I'm very happy for her. And then there's three newbies, Angela, Brittany, and Kelly. Welcome to Bravo and to come to the housewife world. Yeah, and I really don't know anything about them, now do.
Speaker 1: I don't know who they are?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Did you see pictures? Did you google them? No?
Speaker 2: I actually haven't even well, I actually saw the not a cast picture, but you know when they put when there's bloggers that put like all the ladies from the show. So I mean, I know what they look like, but I really don't know like their history.
Speaker 1: So I didn't even say that I need to look into that. Check out what these new chicks are about.
Speaker 2: Right, Well, I feel like they're doing like a reboot for Atlanta, you know, kind of like what they did to Miami. And I don't know that they're calling it a reboot, but if they called ours a reboot. Dish called there's a reboot TOOM just saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a definitely reboot when you wipe out of course, so fresh and yeah, we keep a few. So how many are they in total?
Speaker 2: Well, they're seven or six Kenya, No, they brought back Drew, so Kenya, Drew and Porsche and then three and then the front is a seven. But you know, I think Cynthia is going to be that kind of friend, kind of like you and Adrianna that because you were always housewives, you know that, And she's gonna have such a presence that people aren't going to know whether it's a friend of or she's a housewife. You know. I think that they're really doing away with that. I mean, I don't know how much she's going to participate or not, but I feel like Cynthia has so much connection with so many of the cast members, specifically Poorscha and Kenya, that she's an og she really is, so we won't be able, you know, to really tell. But yeah, it should be fun. Well, I'm happy that they got it all, figure it out and they'll be on TV again because I think they're a big part of the franchise.
Speaker 1: They're already filming. I saw post just today, just day one.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, of course, yeah today, I think it was day one. We remember back in the day when we couldn't post any of those things. I feel like today nobody respects that. Everybody's like everybody no, no.
Speaker 1: They don't respect it on our show either, and they do it anyway. But you and I are very we never do We never even take pictures. I never even have like a picture of the scene. Yeah yeah, no, no, no, no, we don't like to break them.
Speaker 2: For me, it's not even so much about that. For me, it's like I'm so much of the moment and I'm always in like such a hurry because you know, my life doesn't revolve around the show. The show reves around my life and my life every time I go out, I don't take a selfie or I don't take pictures of myself. Like I'm always, like you know, in a hurry, trying to get everything done. So I never take a picture of myself. But I feel like a lot of these ladies like make it a point to do that. Maybe we should do that next season.
Speaker 1: I've missed so many beautiful looks and outfits.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just not our thing now, but I get red to the ladies from Atlanta. We can't wait to watch you on TV.
Speaker 1: I have to be honest, I get very, very uncomfortable when someone wants to take my picture. I feel awkward, I feel weird. I love a camera in my face. I'm I'm talking a camera for hours. I can say whatever. I have a good time if the camera's rolling, but if you want to take my picture and I have to pose like a model, I get so awkward and I feel weird and dumb and uncomfortable. It's just my thing. That's why I barely post.
Speaker 2: I don't even the thing is not that I don't like it. I just don't think about it, you know what I mean. So it's like I said, my life doesn't mean rob around the show. So when the camera's here, it's kind of what do I usually do when I go out and nine stuff. I really don't post or take pictures of myself, so therefore I don't do it like I just like, get ready, we get going, and that's it. And then after I was like, gosh, I should have really taken a picture. I do it in my real life also, not in my real life, but when I'm not in my show life, Like I say, you know what, I looked really good less night. I should have taken a picture where I love this outfit.
Speaker 1: Me too, And then I'm like I should and then I get a drink and I'm like, I forget it.
Speaker 2: You don't take pictures. The only time we take pictures is when Lisa or Gerty are there.
Speaker 1: Yes, exactly, and then we have to wait three days for Lisa get my photo.
Speaker 2: Lisa and Gerty, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Gerty can turn around a photo quickly on her edit. Lisa takes a day or two.
Speaker 2: You gotta wait, okay, but she still takes the picture, still takes and she does.
Speaker 1: She does a good edit though, beautiful, beautiful, well.
Speaker 2: Speaking housewives, Let's speak of our Hifcito, Andy Cohen.
Speaker 1: Yeah just for half it, yes, okay.
Speaker 2: We're so happy with the news that Antie Cohen was cleared as BRABO completes investigation, and at the same time, they announced the renewal of Watch What Happens Live. Whoo oh my god. Andy has no idea how much I love What It Happens like me too, because I think it's so much fun. Just like, like you guys that have never been there, if you were ever in New York and you're really a housewife fan, you need to try to get tickets to the clubhouse because it's such a good time.
Speaker 1: It's a really fun time. And I don't know what's up with the drinks over there, but they are stronger than any drink anywhere, aren't they.
Speaker 2: They're like, stop, that's because you may get extra stiff because you're going to be on live and you get as for a floater you do like three hours before, it's nothing. It's nothing in the clubhouse, guys. They give us the same alcohol you drink anywhere else.
Speaker 1: True, true, true.
Speaker 2: Even the shots, Like you know, when we do the shots ski, which is so much fun. I mean, yeah, sometimes it's water. Sometimes I'll be like, okay, well I need the shots to like whatever. But if not, you know, a lot of times it's water.
Speaker 1: I always get the water because by the time we get that, I'm three sheets to the wind and I can't like keep down in that alcohol. I do have a cutof.
Speaker 2: I like to be clear because I'm on Live TV. So I usually really don't drink, you know, but they'll you know, we'll have like a drink there together we do like a toast, but then I'm so busy talking that I don't really have time, you know, to have my drink. But anyways, it's a lot of fun. We're super happy that they're renewed. Watch What Happens Live and also many other shows that were given given the green lid, including Miami and Oh Miami. So yeah, so.
Speaker 1: Let's we're just gonna read what Andy Cohen said to The Hollywood Reporter.
Speaker 2: One. By the way, did you see his cover? Did you see Andy's cover Hollywood Reporter?
Speaker 1: His guns are looking sharp.
Speaker 2: He's really a picture too. I mean in the cover of The Hollywood Reporter. You can't see that because he's wearing like, you know, his soon like he always does, his signature. But what he hosted in his Instagram you can see.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hm, he's looking very chiseled.
Speaker 2: Yes, he's ready for the summer.
Speaker 1: There was an investigation done by Bravo with about the recent allegations made by Brandy Glanville and Leah mcswee against Andy Cohen and has now been completed and the claims are found unsubstantiated. This is from a spokesperson that spoke to The Hollywood Reporter, and then in a recent interview that Andy did with the Hollywood Reporter, he said, Unfortunately, I can't talk about some of these things. What I'll say about the alcohol is that we have so many sober people and people who have gotten sober on the show, like Countess Luanne. We have people who have never had a drink during an entire run of a show, like Jose.
Speaker 2: Sarah Jill, she Loves and Candy Birrs I coke.
Speaker 1: Candy Burrus. Heather Brudeau will just have an occasional glass of champagne. So sure, there are people who drink, there are many people who never drink. We don't force anyone to do anything, but no one is secretly hiding liquor bottles on set. That's ridiculous. We've been very supportive of people's sobriety.
Speaker 2: And I agree that everything that was said there is absolutely true. And yes, there is alcohol because those are the places that we film at, which are either restaurants or bars or homes home. Right. Of course, I love of cocky and we're open to order or have whatever we want.
Speaker 1: And of course I always ask for something because I love it and you do too, But no one ever says to me you have to have a drink. You know, there are some people that could use one.
Speaker 2: Of course, no, but I think that also a lot of the women that do drink is just maybe to like loosen up. You know, there's some women that have a harder time than others, you know, like I don't need a drink for example. You know, so I think I less. I drink even less because of that, because you know, I don't know what's you know, what's going to happen or whatnot. I like to be in control, so, you know, I don't think it's such a smart idea to overdrink in situations like this, you know, when you're filming. But everything he says is true, Like nobody forces us to drink, and pretty much that's it, Like nobody's you know, everybody's responsible. We're all adults. We know what we sign up for, and you need to hold accountability and be responsible for your actions and behaviors and not blame other people or blame the alcohol. M H. But on the other hand, Leah McSweeney's attorney Gary Adelman said in a statement, how do you have an investigation without speaking with anyone. As far as we know, no one ever contacted our firm. Our opinion is that no one is going to believe this was a real investigation. This is perfect timing one line so they can repeat it to all the advertisers at the upfronts. We look forward to reviewing all of the interviews, evidence, and final reports of the investigation that NBCU conducted when we received them during the discovery phase of the lawsuit. So apparently no lawsuits still going on.
Speaker 1: But I want to know who her attorneys are interviewing, because you and I haven't had a call, and you and I worked with her we went to Thailand.
Speaker 2: But besides that, that's what we talked about the Variety magazine articles exactly. It was super one sided because we gave a statement you and I did, and we did our experience yes with the network with production, and they didn't. They didn't cut it out. They just didn't use it. It was completely use it right, Well, we use it, So it was completely one sided.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they didn't use it because we were defending the network in our jobs and saying the exact opposite of what Leo was saying.
Speaker 2: But I mean, it's scary you know, I mean to have to be in that, you know position, you know, especially him being you know, the in the position that he's in, and to have all these allegations against you, it's so unfair. It's so unfair. I'm just happy that, you know, there was justice and that he was able to clear his name because I can imagine, you know, how terrible he felt about, you know, himself and being in a situation like that and you know, being judged and whatnot. So we're super happy. We'll see you at the clubhouse.
Speaker 1: See at the clubhouse. I see ever see.
Speaker 2: Though, Well enough talk about Bravo. Yeah, now we're going to talk about real actresses. Hey, I take personal I have no reality, no more reality TV stars. Now we're going to talk about a real actress, one of my favorites. I know you feel different about her, but it's Jaylo, my friend Jlo. I know. Well, it's Jlo and Ben Affleck. Okay, so we're going to be talking about them because obviously they have the entire world rooting against them, and they always have. How do you feel about Matt Damon saying that he hates the way that Jennifer Lopez treats his best friend, Ben Affleck.
Speaker 1: I agree with with with Matt. I agree with Matt because she has a history of talking down to her man and emasculating them. She does that and everybody knows it, and they're falling one by one by one. But it's going to keep happening. She heard pattern and he's see is it happening to his friend? And he doesn't like it? Right?
Speaker 2: But do you so you think it's okay like for him to tell his friend, Hey, I don't like the way that Jlo treats you, and.
Speaker 1: He can say whatever he wants. I mean, they're really close. They grow up together. You know. Whether Ben does something about it or not is another story. That's like me telling you I like the way someone treats her. You say it to me. You and I are like that. We're compositives. I speak to each other like that. Whether I do something about it or I tell you to a foul off, you know, is another story. But yeah, they're close like that, and I'm not surprised. I mean, I'm not surprised either. You know, I thought that from the beginning. They've always had it so hard because they're so public. You know, these are two like megastars, and everybody knows what happened with them years ago, and everyone's continued to follow, you know, Jlo's love stories with different men, and of course you know she's going to get the blame for everything because obviously looks like she's the one that can't you know, keep a man or stay in a relationship. And you know, we don't know why because between two couples, you never really know what happens behind closed doors and you know the truth. But yeah, I mean people look at them and say, yeah, of course I wasn't going to work out, because everybody knows that. You know, Ben is very quiet and he likes to keep his life very private.
Speaker 2: And to me he looks a little angry. Nona.
Speaker 1: He was probably in a really bad mood because she masculates it.
Speaker 2: Well, but not all the time. That's up to the man not to allow that. I mean, in a marriage, there has to be compromise. He already knew what he was getting himself into, so there's no excuses because he already did this years ago. So twenty years later, like what did you learn from it? And so you're here again, and you know, people don't change, People don't change.
Speaker 1: I always felt like them getting together and her with him so quickly after a rod was a was a PR stunt. Everybody the PR No you said that again, Yeah, yeah, I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't think was a pair stunt. I think that, you know, like it was one of those like that she always you know, when they broke up twenty years ago, under those circumstances, it was kind of like there was never any closure, you know what I mean. It was like it happened so fast. They were supposed to get married and the day before, you know, they decided not to. Or he more than anybody, so it's kind of like, then he'll be married, Jennifer. She wanted to have, you know, many other marriages and men and kids. So twenty years later they reconnect, and I think they were both in a vulnerable space, you know, in their life, and they always had that love for each other, so it's kind of easy to rekindle that, right.
Speaker 1: I mean, I know what you're saying. I totally get what you're saying, but I you know, my my marketing and PR brain is thinking that it was just something too for her. It was probably to just make it.
Speaker 2: I thought it will not be I thought she was just doing it because you know, but a Rod, a Rod had cheated on her.
Speaker 1: I guess she wanted to.
Speaker 2: He didn't cheat on one. He was just talking to somebody.
Speaker 1: Oh he was doing more than that, she said, so the girl she said so yes. I think she wanted to one help him because she's always the dude. And then she wanted to clean this all up. Then hadn't done much in a few years, he'd been like on the road to sobriety. They thought it was it was so quick, it was I felt like it was very marketing job.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I didn't see it as a marketing thing because I think that she's more like from the heart and she kind of like needs to have somebody all the time. And obviously we know that about her. She gets from one to the other. She doesn't even finish this one up, and she's already into a new relationship. She can't be alone, and she's afraid to be alone for whatever reason. She's in love with love. I mean, I can relate to her in many in many ways, but I feel like.
Speaker 1: It doesn't always have to be so public. Everything is. She makes it, She makes it very public.
Speaker 2: She makes it published.
Speaker 1: She didn't have to drag him to every red carpet and everything.
Speaker 2: You're always if you if he goes with you and he has my face, oh you guys are having problems. He can't stand you. You guys got into a fight. And then if he doesn't go with you, people still talk shit. They say, oh my god, he's not he's home. He didn't want to be there with you, and you got.
Speaker 1: That's true. You can't.
Speaker 2: I just think it, you know again, you know, people have it so hard, you know, public people, and she's at a different level. But you know, I just got a little taste of it, and and it's hard, you know. And it's hard when you're going through something like this in your personal life and everyone the entire world has an opinion and a comment and it's usually not in favor, and like so many women, like I hate that. What gets me the most upset is like women putting down other women, like they always defend the guys, like what's wrong with you women? And then I'm not saying that the woman has to be right always either, but it's like all the comments like favor the guy. Usually like there's more comments the women.
Speaker 1: Well at all not always. It's just that she now has a pattern, and she dragged him everywhere. She made it really public and so didn't.
Speaker 2: Drag the man where. I think what really happened was, I mean, that's her partner, so it's like your husband has to support you, so she's not driving. And he knew what I was getting himself into.
Speaker 1: They're not even two years in, and she didn't I know, film about them, Yes, I think extra for him. He knew about it.
Speaker 2: He participated in that, and marriages are about compromise. Yeah, so so again, you know, I think that in the beginning of their marriage, of course, when you're all like, you know, in the beginning, like the you know, the man could do no wrong, you know whatever. So at the beginning, it was all that, the butterflies in the stomach, I'm here for you, you're here for me. But then when reality kicks in, which is the two years, and it's like what, like what is this? And then then everybody and then on top of it, to have everybody, to have Matt, Damon and Benzir. I'm sure Jalo has her friends also, and you can tell she's a strong woman. You know, she's a strong woman. She's a workaholic and she needs a lot of attention, not only from Ben, she needs it from the world. I mean, this is like it's been her life, this is how she grew up. And even then when she doesn't have it, then she goes looking for it because I mean, do you think this woman needs to keep on working and doing more stuff? No, and she keeps on. Now she's on tour, Like now she's going on tour.
Speaker 1: Well, I thought her tour was a bust.
Speaker 2: She went back out, Yeah she's yeah. I think she canceled some cities or like she she stopped it for like two months or so. But now she's back on tour, and that's what she's going to do. You know, she's going to throw herself and work. And this is what she you know, what she always does, and this is like what has worked for her. But it's hard for somebody like her to be with like another actor. I think that they have it even harder, especially when they're so different, because you know, Ben, even though he's an actor, he's always like to keep his private life very very private, very private, and she's always been about social media and sharing things. I mean, remember when she was with a rod I mean loved it too, by the way. So that's I think they were compatible because were they would everything, They would make videos about themselves at home, and you know, they were so public, they were so engaging, you know, even like you know with their fans that would go everywhere, and they made their relationship very public.
Speaker 1: A lot longer than Ben. I just don't understand why she didn't rush to the alter with him. She did, they got engaged after what. You can't do that either. I mean I think they they get married a well, because then the problem started. They were engaged, they had like a long engagement, not actually a year, kind of like like I got a year. Yeah, that's I don't understand what she didn't do all those rush jobs with him. I don't know. She's got she's she's very smart, she's very intelligent. She's planned your career, she's positioned herself to be exactly where she has. She's done an excellent job, and all all these marriages are a part of the plan and the and the media and the strategy of her business and her empire. This is what I think.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I think you have to be careful also because you see Matt Damon is still married to his wife, and you.
Speaker 1: Know, I don't know he didn't have that agenda.
Speaker 2: No, I mean, I'm just saying that. What I'm trying to get to is like that you have to be careful because yeah, you know they're your friends and that's his best friend. But it's hard when you get into other people's marriage because you're not like in their shoes. You know, you don't really understand the day to day. You know, you can see them maybe once every three months, and that day you saw him, they got into a fight before, or like Jayalo already knows how Matt feels about her, so she's very reserved and she could be a bit you know what I mean. There's like so many factors there only they have only them to know. But it's never been a secret. You know, Matt's had always he's always had serious reservations about Bennefer two point zero since the beginning. It says, Yeah, he's tried to be publicly supportive for Ben's but the fact that is that he hates Jalo and the way that Jealo treats his buddy, and he can no longer hold his tongue.
Speaker 1: She has then again.
Speaker 2: Better they time out. You don't know if she treated him like that, because Ben treated him treated her bad, So it's like a psychone.
Speaker 1: I get what you're saying. But she has a reputation of doing that with all her men and even people that work with her and around her, that she's very demeaning with people. You know, that could be a problem, but she's a hard worker and she probably doesn't have time for bullshit, and you know, it transfers over in her romantic life unfortunately.
Speaker 2: You know, I think she was in love with the idea of just getting back with Ben because she always had love for him, and it was something like she had no closure with him, so it's kind of like always open. She stayed civil and friends. So then when they had the opportunity, and everything in life is about timing, they found each other again at a very vulnerable state in both of their lives, and the attraction was always there, so of course it was like, you know, super rushing, you know, like to buy homes, to get married, to do all that. Because they got married a year after they reconnected, which is very very soon considering she had been in a long term relationship with a rod and also engaged to him to get married.
Speaker 1: I thought it was faster. It was a year.
Speaker 2: By the time they reconnected and got married, it was a year. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know why it felt like it was so much faster.
Speaker 2: But you know, again, I think that because they had been together before and almost married, it was kind of like it was easy to like to pick up and feel the same thing. And I guess they got so excited when they did see each other again and they reconnected that they were able, you know, the relationship was able to move a lot quicker than like a new guy.
Speaker 1: Has that ever happened to you? Have you ever picked up an own flame and still felt like hotness?
Speaker 2: Like, oh, I don't like to go back. I don't know either with anybody. No, I'm like I already had that. I already tried that, And I'm like, I'm good, I really know what it's about. Yeah, but I see it happens a lot. Like I mean, I've seen friends and people that I know that have gone like divorced or broken up and then they'll reconnect with Facebook. Wich I don't even have so it's never going to happen. So, but you know what I mean, Like there's people that go back to you know, people that haven't seen from college or whatnot, flims. Yeah, and they reconnect. Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: I mean I've never understood that. Or what about couples that are married forever they divorce, marry other people and get divorced and marry each other again. Have you heard about that? I mean a few, that's really I.
Speaker 2: Don't know anybody. You've heard of it, but I don't know people personally. Yeah, that's something I don't think I would ever do. But you know, then again, you never know. You never know.
Speaker 1: Actually, one of my dad's friends, him and his wife have now passed. He was married, then got divorced, then married the woman that my mom and dad were friends with, were together for a very long time, they got divorced, he married a Cuban girl, and then another woman, and then in his old age, went back to his second wife, which was the friends of my mom and dad, and then they died together. Yeah, happens all the time. I don't think I could ever go back to an X you know what and boyfriend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and there's a reason weather then it just depends, you know, my relationship is different, and also depends on what kind of relationship you had and sure, and how the relationship ended. I think has a lot to do with it. You know. I think that with her and Bend, they were like younger, and he always blamed the fact that their relationship was so public and there was so much scrutiny around it that it's hard.
Speaker 1: Hey walk right into that same honey track.
Speaker 2: But that's what I'm saying. I got when he said that twenty years ago. It made sense to me because they were so young and they really you know, it was a lot of pressure, is what I'm trying to say. But twenty years later, you you've been around for twenty years, and like you're using the same excuse. He knew what he was getting himself into, because people don't change. Jalo even now wants probably more like attention than before.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was better than her back then.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I mean, and now she's just as big, you know as him, and and she I feel also like her being in her fifties, you know, being a woman, and you know, and beautiful and so successful and all that, it's kind of like the fifties are hard for a woman, so she needs to keep up and you know, a lot of these people. You know, there's one Madonna, there's one chair. You know, I'm not saying that she's going to be that person, but like she has a lot of pressure, like she has to keep on performing, she has to keep on singing, and her career has always been very important to her. So it's not even you know about it. She has to find the right guy. And then who is the right guy to be with a woman like that?
Speaker 1: I have no idea.
Speaker 2: I think that the younger guys are better for her, you know, that will just be like you know, yes, ma'am.
Speaker 1: Like whatever she had from the beginning, the dancers, dancers and honey the guy, the Cuban guy was just off the boat.
Speaker 2: Well, but that's different. That was in the very beginning of her career. She wasn't ja loo I know that they were younger. Yeah, no, that was a little different. But I mean even like in the past, right before a Rod she was with Casper and the dancer also super weight on hinting, and but you know that gets boring also because you know, it's like, you know, it's like, okay, it's fun for a while.
Speaker 1: You have to find someone that is at your same emotional, it's it's also like your upbringing needs to be similar. I had a long talk with my childhood friend the other day because she her first husband was Arab, My first husband was Muslim, my second was French, her second was French. And I and I said, I'm finally with an American and she's with an American now, And I said, you know what, you're just when you're young, you think you can make it work. Everyone has the same God, we all are the same. But at the end of the day, day in and day out, we're not the same. We're raised different, we have different traditions, different beliefs, and then that starts chipping away at the relationship, and little arguments start, that becomes big arguments, and then everything just goes to the shitter. You when you're with someone that was raised the way you were raised.
Speaker 2: But I mean she's an American. I mean she's perto Reagan, but she's more American than me, so that I don't think that has anything.
Speaker 1: I'm not even talking about her right now. I just think that, well, yeah, maybe, like just like you kind of have to have the same a little bit of education, upbringing in socio economical.
Speaker 2: She's had them all. I mean she's had Marc Anthony. That was perto Reagan. She said, Ara does Dominican. She doesn't discriminate, she looks, she goes for her love, what her heart tells her to do. Than is American. She's you know, HONEI was Cuban. I mean, she's had them all. I just think I just think that she just like she she falls in love too quickly and she doesn't think about the consequences or about anything. She just wants to live the moment. She's in love. With love, she can't be alone, and a lot of women suffer from that. She must have that prenup attorney on speed dial. Right, well, at least you know with them, you know, with Mark Anthony too, they both were like career, you know, they both had their own you know, their money and their career marketing. And he wasn't as big as her. But you know, you know, it's a handicap. It's a handicap to be Jennifer Lopez. I mean it really is. You know, it comes like so much in a relationship, not not only the money. I mean she has so much. I mean, what man, you know, and at her age, you know, the older we get, the more difficult it is because we're set on our own ways and you know, nobody's going to change at our age, and we're not even going to mold or adapt. We do that the first year or two, and then after that honeymoon stage goes what's left and what do you do?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: But you know, yeah, well, so fans have noticed. Yeah, right, we read that article that says that the fans have noticed that Ben and Jennifer have been spending increasing amounts of time apart in recent weeks. Ben didn't even attend the Megala with his wife on May six, despite her important position as co chair of the event. Ben's official excuse for missing the Megala was that he was busy filming The Accountant Too, But in touch sources say he decided to call it quits on his marriage to the A List singer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, apparently here moved out of the house and she's been looking for a new place to live, like she's always looking for a new house.
Speaker 2: But isn't it weird that suspicious that they were in New York about a month ago and they were together, and they were they were seen together with pictures and everything looking for apartments in New York City. Yeah. Yeah, so you see it's kind of like, you know, you could be doing that one day and then the next day it's over. Just like that's true and just like that. So would you ever take space from your friendship if you know that they don't support your romantic relationship?
Speaker 1: Well only if they're nagging me about it? Twenty four set Like if I if you're calling me all the time telling me I don't like your partner and he did this and he did that, well yeah, I'm going to take space from you because I don't want to hear it anymore.
Speaker 2: I need a break, right, Okay. I mean I think that there's like a fine line you can only you know, say certain things. You know, but at the end, your friend, you know, you need to support your friend with whatever decision. Yeah he or she is making, whether it's to stay with the person or not to stay with the person. And yes, you could give your opinion because you know it's coming from a good place because your best friend obviously loves you and wants what's best for you. But you know, I think you do need to know, like you know, like.
Speaker 1: When we want to exactly and you know, not everybody's as evolved as you and I are. You know, whatever decisions I make or you make in your life, we support each other. But some people don't know how to be supportive. Some people just want to jump on that negative train and you know, drive you crazy because they want you to be negative and down like they are. You know how many she loves company. Yeah, so it depends on the friend and the situation.
Speaker 2: Right, I mean, like, but for example, with Ben that Matts's best friend. But here is Matt Damon that's still happily, I don't know, happily, but married, you know, with the same wife that, by the way, nobody thought would make it either because you know, she was a bartender and they met here in Miami and blah blah blah. So they had all that going against them. Too good for them. They figured it out, they worked it through, and they're still together after all these years, and they look like a happy couple. And she does, you know, she gave them the limelight. But again, you know, she's not a star like Jalo. So he married some He married a bartender lady, which is very different from Jalo. Maybe if he would have married another actress in Hollywood. You know, he would have had been divorced as well, but because his situation is different, he gives different kind of advice.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: It's kind of like he wants ment to be with like a plain Jane girl or I mean, I don't mean to say like that, but just like not somebody that's like in the limelight, because you know, Matt Damon's always been. He's been the one in the limelight. Ben had to share it He shared it with Jennifer Garner as well. Differently, it's a different personality than Jennifer Garner has, but you know he's been around that.
Speaker 1: M Well. Yeah, I mean, if you're in the business, you don't want your partner eclipsing you, you know, you one of them has to be able to allow the other one to shine more than the other, and it's probably harder for the man.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I just think it's really weird. Like remember all this talk about when she did her recent project telling everyone that Ben was a lover of her life, and I really do believe her, and she put twenty million dollars of her own money.
Speaker 1: I think that she was like, shit, man, I should have married that one. That was the one I didn't marry. I got to marry him to make it happen exactly.
Speaker 2: And she's like, I'm good even if we get divorce, but I'm going to marry that guy Oway. And she got him to get to marry and she wanted to share her love story. That's how it is for her. You know, maybe people don't see it that way, but you know, she was in roll her narrative and yeah, and no matter, she didn't care. She doesn't care that people you know, all have been friends are saying that they don't like her, So, like, what do you believe? It's like, it's so hard to know, like the real truth, you know. Yeah, yeah, I mean, would you choose like your friend or your partner? Would you ever do that again? It depends on the situation. Is my partner being an asshole? Is my friend being an idiot? Like, I don't know, you have to weigh all the consequences. Is very difficult to even know. You know, some people are just not good friends and some people just aren't good partners. It would depend. Yeah, I mean a lot of times you can love each other but not know how to love each other. You know, you're like in love with the person, but you don't know how to love that person. And I feel like Jennifer and Ben could be like that that you can tell like she's you know, you can't hide that time about all. She's like all over him. But then again, she's done that with her other men too. I guess she's been in love with the muscle. I think she's just like that person. But then you don't know how to love each other, and you know, and marriages are all about compromise.
Speaker 1: And an actress, she knows. She does a lot of romantic comedy. She knows how to look and love, so she's looking for her next one. No, she just knows how to look in love. She's an actress, so she's very good at Then couldn't hide that he was not happy, And I've said it before here on the point you said it a lot. He's an actor. He could have pretended and acted that he was happy.
Speaker 2: But you know, professional notes, so I know, but some men can't do it in their personal life. They can go on screen and they can act like it when it's a script, but when it's real, you know, they can't do it. But you know, he has other issus to me and he's not like perfect though, He's not like the perfect one.
Speaker 1: And I didn't say it was perfect, but I do know he's an actor and he could pretend to be happy. That's not that.
Speaker 2: Hard, right. Well, he didn't do it, my friend.
Speaker 1: No, he did not do it. He did not do it.
Speaker 2: Talking about exes. How funny was the Instagram post or story whatever it was with some Tark and Christina his ex and his new wife Heather.
Speaker 1: You know what, I had no idea that they were all buddy buddy like that.
Speaker 2: It's amount of time they weren't, by the way, Yeah, no, it's a ton of times they weren't. To think now, I just think it's funny how people have to make everything so public. It's like, Okay, first of all, you guys weren't such good friends, and luckily for them, they are now. And I love that because there's children involved that have chill together and now he had you know, baby with Heather as well, So I love that they're all getting along. But how creepy is it that they both have such a resemblance.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he clearly has a type. I mean I never thought they looked alike, but in this video they do well they dressed the same and they did their hair this way.
Speaker 2: They did it on purpose, right, I mean if.
Speaker 1: I saw them in person, I would know the difference. But like if they do look alike, But he definitely has a type. Petite blonde. Yeah, and everyone has their own television show, so he stayed in there like yeah, yeah, yeah, he knows how to pick them. Have you ever dated someone that looked like someone from.
Speaker 2: Your No, I really don't have a type type.
Speaker 1: I was going to say, no, one that I know from your past has looked like anybody in your future.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I know that there's women that maybe not you know, I mean, I know that there's women that, for example, they like the salt and pepper hair and the light eyes. And that's my first saltn Pepper guy that has salt pepper hair and light eyes. So it's not like a lot of people love the light eyes. I love it too. I've just never been attracted and I'm more like by the heart. I'm attracted to whatever I'm attracted to, but it really has nothing to do with the looks. So I definitely don't have a type. And what about you, I feel like all yours have been different too.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Like the last few, everyone's like, oh, you have a type. I think they they're the same. When I was younger, I liked very dark, dark skin, dark hair, dark tall hands. Ez we all do everything? Yes, yes, yeah, Well I've always liked rich, handsome, charming, funny educated. That's like my jam. And then in my thirties find I've.
Speaker 2: Checked who checked off all those boxes?
Speaker 1: You' said like my mother?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and where is he? Because why would you divorce this guy that has all these things?
Speaker 1: I try something funny. My mother said to my father. My father built himself a beautiful boat in Turkey, and he brought it down here. It was all teak would it looked like a Hinkley. It was gorgeous. And my mother goes, I want's that down And he goes, that's a gentleman's boat. And she goes, why would you bring it to Miami? There's no gentleman here?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree with her. There's only a few left. Yeah, and they're probably all married.
Speaker 1: So would you think it was weird if your ex married a woman that looked just like you, I.
Speaker 2: Would think it's weird. I mean, I would definitely think he's still in love with me and he wants me, but he can't have me.
Speaker 1: I just want to know where the hell they find anybody that looks like you. I don't think there's many people look like you or me. We have a very different Yeah.
Speaker 2: We do. I mean, but sometimes just because you have blond hair like you know. Also if they marry somebody that's like tall and blonde, you know, with light eyes, will say like, oh, well, they have a resemblance. But I mean in this case, it's like a lot like their weight. Like, look at them. They have the same blonde hair. I mean, I know it's styled on purposely the same, but they kind of do have that look. Look at them, they look for sure like they could be sisters.
Speaker 1: Yes, his first wife, Christina, he has been married like four times already. She keeps remarrying, has a baby every time. She really snaps back with those babies. She's like that little sports illustrated supermodel body.
Speaker 2: Some comments are praising the healthy dynamic between the exes. What are your thoughts.
Speaker 1: I think it's great. I think it's great that, you know, if they all have kids and they're all a big family and they get along, that's great.
Speaker 2: I mean, would you double date, like, for example, would you double date with like Steve's ex wife and her boyfriend and you and Steve.
Speaker 1: I mean not now because Steve doesn't want to And yeah, I have to respect my husband. No, what happenly?
Speaker 2: What about for you?
Speaker 1: If you, I mean for me, I've never really done that because I have never had children. I've never had to do that, and I've never just wanted to go hang out with an ex and my new husband or new boyfriend.
Speaker 2: Right, it's just there. To people that do, they're like, I've seen it. I find it weird as well, but I've seen it many times, even like our parties that like both of their exes are there and now there are new relationships and the four of them are talking and hanging out.
Speaker 1: There's a little bit of a creep factor there for sure. If you don't have to and there's no kids involved, then why would you.
Speaker 2: No, And even if there's kids involved, it doesn't mean that it involves you going out with your ex to dinner, you know.
Speaker 1: Just no, no, definitely not as long as everybody gets along, you know, for the health of everybody and the future. Yeah, that's odd to me. Yeah, my friend, Why don't you know this world is full of weird situations and we.
Speaker 2: Right and no, And nowadays we find out about everything from Instagram, so obviously they want everybody to know because it's not like somebody snapped a picture of them.
Speaker 1: It was they curated it themselves.
Speaker 2: I know, they like showed up to film.
Speaker 1: With the same have the same outfits and hairdoo. There must have been a lot of people saying they looked alike. Yeah. I feel bad for him. He's a he's a cancer survivor, and when he had cancers. Yeah, he had the split with his with his first.
Speaker 2: Yeah, affected them a lot. It was very hard on her as well, and I think that that's well, that was one of the main reasons why they split up. Yeah, you know, she couldn't handle it. It's a lot to handle. But I'm happy that they're healthy and happy and everybody's looking good and everybody's moved on because everybody's entitled to be happy and and their's children involved, and they look like they're doing something right, and you know, it's it's a new way of parenting, not a new way. I mean, it's always existed, but what I'm trying to say, is that it's nice. It's refreshing. You know, it's refreshing to see this because, you know, unfortunately, a lot of times we hear and read about, you know, the situations where the parents don't get along. So it's nice to see that they are getting along and they're having fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Absolutely, Okay, Well listen, my friend, speaking of happy it's time for my happy hour.
Speaker 2: So I would do my happy hour if I was with you. I like to tape better with you at your house.
Speaker 1: Okay, well we will soon. We'll be taping together more soon.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well you need to drive up here as well, because it's not fair I drive over.
Speaker 1: There, right. I'll be driving to you real soon.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: I love you, Okay, love you. See you next week.
Speaker 2: Thank you, guys.
Speaker 1: Thanks for listening to ipel Forward Aproxima.
Speaker 2: The next time, guys, thanks for listening.
Speaker 1: Follow us on Instagram at iPort Forward Podcast.
Speaker 2: Make sure to write us a review and leave us five stars. Attaluo Astella proxima