Speaker 1: Those fans. Quite a weekend in Houston. The second half is off to a rousing start for the Orioles and welcome to our first post All Star Break edition of Birdland Territory Steve, Tim and Brad. Before the break, we talked about how critical this road trip was going to be for the Oriols. They could do a lot of good against other wild card contenders, and boy did they when this series began. Here's a stat off throughout the start. Houston going into this series since May twenty first was twenty seven and twenty one, the best record in the American League for about the last two months. And then the Orioles went into their park and swept, allowing two, two and two and having a picture on the set. He must like that six runs for the weekend, Brad. They'd been throwing so well. The tm ERA during their seven game winning streak is one eighty.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean they've turned to absolute corner when it comes to the pitching side. I feel like the pitching waves of the early part of the season have been gone out for a while, and I think emphatically gone these last seven games, especially when you give up two runs each game in Houston, which is a really tough place to pitch. It's short the right field, it's short the left field. They always seem to hit well there, and to go there and give up two runs a game is just unbelievable. It takes all the pressure off the offense, and the offense was able to come through with just enough to to run Homer by word on Friday, today some runs to tack on, and then the amazing win on Saturday.
Speaker 2: Just great defense.
Speaker 3: It's kind of all kind of coming together here this last over the seven game winning streak, and it's exciting baseball. If you're a true baseball fan, this is about exciting as it gets. It's good pitching, good defense, and timely hitting. And to me, like you said, being a former pitcher, I love seeing it. The bullpen's been on a huge role. Not to mention the starting five have just been phenomenal now for I feel over two and a half months and they just kind of showed it all this weekend and it's a great time to really get rolling into a really really big series coming up in Boston.
Speaker 4: When we were doing the show last Sunday and we were all happy, excited.
Speaker 5: Look, it was their first four game winning streak.
Speaker 4: But Brad, I think you might have brought it up or me, all right, it's the Royals. Let's see what this looks like on the other side. And Steve, you gave the numbers man and to do that going into Houston, and you were trailing this team by half a game heading into it. But what has me most excited about this series, guys, it's not even so much today, where today they felt pretty in control throughout Hunter Brown just did not have any type of command at all, hitting multiple batters, issuing five walks or so. But Friday and Saturday is what has me most excited about this club.
Speaker 5: Especially Saturday.
Speaker 4: That's a game they don't win even a couple of weeks ago, and both of those games they were out hit. Friday, Dean Kramer has a short outing, he's kind of walking the tightrope. Orioles pitchers ended up walking nine guys. The offense just isn't doing anything. Then Boom badly with the ground roll double, then Taylor Ward the go ahead homer, and then Saturday is similar thing that the offense had two hits and struck out twelve times through the first nine innings, and then you had a basis loaded situation against you with nobody out in the eleventh thing, and somehow got out of it. You know, Tyler O'Neill with a fantastic throw to get the runner at home and Samuel Pasilo with a fantastic tag. Unreal stretch and unreal series sweep by the Ohs.
Speaker 1: I'll remember the Cam Sanders weekend. Yeah, and he didn't even make it through the weekend getting sent back for Sam Huff. I sure hope we see him again. I know MLB numbers are poor overall, but you can see what the Orioles like about this guy ninety six with a whiteout slider. That was maybe the craziest move of the year. A pitcher with a high walk rate in with the bases loaded and he doesn't walk. He's three and four hitters. Now you're not walk theme he got them out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's those are That's the kind of storylines that really just kind of boost you as a team overall. I just know being part of bullpins like that. Like right now, they're on a roll. I think if my numbers are right about twenty two innings, one ear and run, I think they'd have a stretch of right now, and it's they're just on a complete roll and it's everybody getting their hands in. It's not the same guys every single outing. You saw today. Grant wolfemer out there in the ninth inning, so it's it's passing the baton to each other and guys just really stepping up when they need to and getting out of that with no runs and keeping the game where it was. Might be the inning of the weekend. Really, when you look at the series as a.
Speaker 4: Whole, this way guys three wins in this sweep. You had three saves by all different guys, and Andrew Kiddridch didn't even record one of those saves. And you know, you have the phenomenal inning on Friday by camp Smith where it's bases loaded, one out and then he ended.
Speaker 5: Up getting the saves the very next day.
Speaker 4: And unfortunately they're in a roster crunch right now with injuries which we'll get into, but you know, such as life in the bullpen, man, it's crazy. That was not a poor performance to motion by any means.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So during the seven straight wins, which, by the way, at the Orioles, we put up the stat their longest win streak since September of twenty twenty three, the division champs, who one hundred and one games spent a minute, and the Oils are now ten and three in July, and suddenly they're winning on the road for the first time all year. They have back to back road series wins Cincinnati and Houston. They are five and one in those two series, eight and three. They're last eleven on the road, twelve and nine in the last twenty one that seven road series in which they won for and lost three. So now they're starting to do that. And look at all the contributions we mentioned, Cam Sanders, Tyler O'Neill, wards, go ahead, Homer Leodi Taveres today a huge two run single. Even Gunner struggling got an RBI hit today. But oh, by the way, Brandon Young, who always seems to do it, did it again today and they switched him for bradish who gets pushed back after the contract agreement. And Brandon Young has made sixteen starts in the Orioles are thirteen and three.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's crazy, and I think the last I think that stretch probably started against the game against Houston back in I think it was April at the beginning of May against the Astros. So you look at that stretch he's had now, it's been phenomenal. I mean, we talked about it right before the break, but he's definitely one of the standout performers for this team overall. And I just love the fact that it's not one guy doing it. It's We've mentioned how many names just in today's episode of guys stepping up and doing it, and I think that's what's really going to make this team kind of come to the top. We're still waiting for Gunner to get going, We're still waiting for Adli to be healthy. All the time he was out of there today. Hopefully his injury is not too bad. But Syle gets hurt a little bit too. But it's just guys contributing throughout the lineup. Jeremiah Jackson back doing that sacrifice but for a run yesterday, Like, it's just it's guys doing all the little things which we hadn't seen to this point in the year. And guys are getting going at the perfect time, and it's it's what you love to see. And I think if you're an Orioles fan, you kind of look at this team. Maybe it's not gonna be the stars that lifted. It's gonna be more of a story of this overall team and what they were able to do this year despite the injuries, which I think is going to be in a huge storyline for this team for the year. But when you look at this team that you're having contributions up and down the lineup, up and down the roster, bullpen, starting pitchers, it's just a fun team to watch at this point and it's been It's been great seeing everybody kind of have their hand in all these wins.
Speaker 4: I still think it goes back to where we started, though, and we've asked this question at various points, like what is this team's identity? Yeah, guys, it's one of the best starting rotations since May twenty second.
Speaker 5: You can go back to that point.
Speaker 4: It was the sixth best starter era heading into this series.
Speaker 5: It only got better.
Speaker 4: Trevor Rodgers really picking up where he left off, Brandon Young really picking up where he left off, and you know, he got Kyle bradd as, Shane bose Is in a nice role. Dean Kramer was a little bit of a so so start for him on Friday, but you know what you're getting at a dean this starting rotation, and it was not the offense being the story of this series sweep.
Speaker 5: It was the pitching.
Speaker 4: The bullpen was spectacular, but it started with the starting rotation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a lot happened in three days. In addition to three wins, the Oriols signed their first round draft pick, Eric Booth, junior, the Mississippi high school outfielder, on Saturday, seven point three ish million. He's doing okay coming out of high school and they got both junior. So he goes to Sarasota Orientation and oh yes, Kyle Bradish five years, ninety million, that extension announced in game. It's crazy. I thought it's the first inning and here's news about cay Brett. What the first inning of the game. What a strange time, But it was good news, so we'll take it. Later in the show. We're going to get into the catching situation. Craig Albert has said after Sunday's five two win at Houston, Adlie Rutchman is dealing with left wrist discomfort. Basioh left the game in the second inning with right shoulder discomfort and oh, by the way, great job by Sam Huff catching today and catching a game that wee Orioles had great pitching, so he was doing his part. We told you wasn't going to be dull and it certainly has it and now it's exciting to see the Orioles win seven games in a row. Hey, we want to remind our viewers you can shop the twenty twenty six All Star Collection now at the new look foul Territory Shop dot com. Scan that QR code on your screen to learn more. This collection features every All Star, including Ashley Watchman. Keep an eye out for more officially licensed gear throughout the rest of this year from foul Territoryshop dot com. It's Birdland Territory, a proud member of the foul Territory Network. Continuing with our broadcast in.
Speaker 6: A moment, this episode is brought to you by FanDuel Baseball Fans. The MLB season is in full swing and FanDuel is giving you a chance to call your shot with daily dingers. Joining the action is easy. Just make your free pick on who's hitting a home run in their game, and if you're right, you'll get a profit boost to use on your next bet for a chance at extra winnings. It's just another reason why FanDuel is the home of home runs. So are you ready to play your game? Head over to FanDuel dot com slash podcast to get started. That's FanDuel dot com slash podcast. To opt in for daily dingers, make your free pick on who's hitting a homer? Playball Swing for the Fences on FanDuel, an official partner of Major League Baseball. No purchase necessary, opt in required. Bonus issue does non withdrawable profit boost tokens. Restrictions apply, including any token expiration and max wager amount. See terms at sportsbook dot FanDuel dot com. Gambling problem caller tex one eight hundred gambler.
Speaker 1: Well, we can't say the new Oriel ownership group led by David Rubinstein, is not spending money on the team. Maybe it's not going to look like the Mets, the Yankees, the Dodgers. I doubt it ever will, but it's getting bigger and better. The latest development over the weekend, Cole bradishould extended five years ninety million that will take him from through twenty thirty one. Suddenly the Oriols are locking up some talent. Bradish will make ten million in twenty twenty seven. Per Ryan Ripkin reported this and twenty twenty eight, thirteen, twenty twenty nine to seventeen, then twenty two twenty eight. It's a pretty as good as he is and knocking on wood for health here's that's important word in any player. I think the Oriol's got a bargain here, and maybe Bradish said, with my injury history, I have a chance now to set up my family and myself for life. I'm going to take it. And at the end of twenty thirty one, if he's healthy and throwing like we believe he can, he might get another whopper deal. Who knows, But for now the Orioles are locked up with Kyle Brad is what exciting news.
Speaker 3: It is exciting, and I think it goes to show that the organization is ready to make this team a winner and to put the money into the players they have now. And I think it just goes to show what they've seen from him so far this year. They're confident what he's going to have. And I think on his end, like you said, Steve, with his injury history, it's a perfect opportunity to take a deal and he's set for life. Is it's an unbelievable amount of money. And I think it just I think it's a great deal on both sides, is basically what I'm trying to say. And I think it's a great job by the ownership, the lockdown the guy that they like, and I think he's just really comfortable in Baltimore, and there's a lot to be said for that. As a player, when you get somewhere you're comfortable, the team shows they're you know, their confidence in you, and you just kind of want to stay there. And I think he knows this team can be a winner and he's gonna be a big part of that. And given this monetary value that they gave to him, he's gonna be a big part of this for the future and moving forward. So it's it's exciting for the for the Orioles fans, and they should be excited because I can't remember the last time they've locked down a picture of their own on the team now for this amount of money in this amount of time, So it's it's definitely exciting news to hear that the ownership is all in for this group of guys.
Speaker 4: I think it's awesome. I think it's awesome on so many levels. And Steve, I'm with you one hundred percent. I'm watching the game yesterday and I'm shocked when you get the alert, and then I'm shocked again when I saw the price tag, because you know how good of a pitcher Kyle Bradish can be and has he ran into some bumps this year in his first full season off Tommy John. Absolutely, but he has a sub three ERA over his last twelve starts, and his season long numbers are still strong as well. But you know what he is when he's at his and that's twenty twenty three when he finished fourth in the cy Young Award voting. He had a two eight three ERA that season, which was the lowest bin Oriole starter over a full season like that since Mike Mussina back in nineteen ninety two. So pretty good company with the Hall of Famer. And I think it's also a great message to send to your fan base and a great message to send to the clubhouse because that was kind of a knock on Mike Elias in the front office for a while. Oh my gosh, is this going to be a feeder system? When are we going to see a multi year deal or well, you have to give Michaelias a lot of credit for the extensions that he's gotten done over the past year, and it starts with Samuel Bissio.
Speaker 5: We're coming up on a close to a year.
Speaker 4: It was the end of August when he signed that eight year deal that's going to end up being a steal Shane Boz the contract they gave him prior to opening day.
Speaker 5: Or prior to his first start in an Order uniform.
Speaker 4: At that point, it was the highest contract they've given out to a starting pitcher in team history, and they just one upped it with Kyle Bradish. So I think it's a great message to send to the fan base. I think it's a great message to send inside the clubhouse, and you've heard some of the guy's comments about it over the past day.
Speaker 1: Go back a calendar year as we're approaching August twenty twenty six. In August twenty twenty five, that's when Bessio signed the deal, eight year, sixty seven million, which can go further than that. He's locked up through twenty thirty three with a team option for thirty four. Then go to December five years on hundred and fifty five for Pete, then go to March. Boz before his first Orial game five year, sixty eight million, and then go to this deal and oh, by the way, within all that, they added Hellsley, they traded for Boz, they added Ward, they did some things to try to make this team better. So it's funny how a week or two has changed the outlook in Birdland and it's been a meteoric rise. And we're all keeping our fingers crossed because you guys deserve a great baseball team, deserve the excitement that maybe, guys, we're about to have. This was game one hundred. This is why baseball is a marathon and you can never write it off. And up until now we were saying the Oriols are in it because of the league is bad. But maybe now they're going to be in it because the Orioles are good. Wouldn't that be refreshing?
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I think it's I think it's perfect time. I think this deal kind of just coincides with the team on this uprise and they're they're right there back in the wildcard mix. As much as you can say whatever you want about the records, the American League is what it is right now. But I think locking Kyle bradishelt for this amount of time shows that Michael Oas is trying to get a winner and whether, like we've talked about, they might still make a few deals at the deadline or whatever, but you know, at going into the end of this season, into next year and forward, this team is trying to win and the ownership is doing everything they have to and Michael Yas will continue to do everything they have to to put a winning team on the field.
Speaker 2: And the part of it too. I think with Kyle bradsh the deal, sorry to him, I.
Speaker 3: Think it's I think it has to do with they are going to make sure that he's healthy, and I think this deal really is going to give him the security of, hey, we're not going to try to blow you out. We just signed you to a five to six year deal, so we're going to take our time with you on your innings this year, your innings next year.
Speaker 2: And I think that's kind of a good sign.
Speaker 3: It makes a healthy organization look, it makes I'm trying to it makes them look great when they you know, they're trying to protect their guys, and I think with doing this deal, they're going to try to protect Kyle Bradish and they're not going to try to blow him out this year next year to get the most value out of them. They're going to try to get the most value out of him for the length of this contract. So I think it's a really good sign for the rest of the season to moving forward.
Speaker 4: And I think something that's abundantly clear, and we've been stressing this even throughout when we've done trade deadline previews on this show. This was never going to be another teardown if things weren't going this well, you know, if they lost seven straight games heading up into this point vice versa.
Speaker 5: They're committing.
Speaker 4: Look, now you have cast certainty on Shame Base and Kyle Bradish and really your whole rotations under contract at least through the next couple of years. Dean Kramer's still under club control, Brandon Young has plenty of club control as well. They're in a nice spot right now, and I think it's really encouraging that when David Rubinstein was introduced as the next owner of the Orioles on opening day twenty twenty four, they phrased it as the next chapter. And this has been a serious departure, especially you know, towards the end when it was the rebuild and they really weren't spending any money. This organization the past offseason spent I believe the second or third most amount of money in the entire offseason. So it tells you this is the next chapter. This is completely different than the prior regime.
Speaker 1: Now they're locking up some of their own end. They've signed the big fish in free agency, Alonzo, so they're doing things we didn't think the Orioles would do or maybe even could do. And Tim, based on what you just said, why this was never going to be a teardown. Let's graphically show you control through twenty This is not every player, this is some key guys. Team control through twenty seven. You got Adlie Bautista, Toddler Wells, Dean Kramer through twenty eight, you got Gunner and you got you near Cano through twenty nine, Jordan Westberg and Colton Towser through twenty thirty, Pete Alonzo, Shane Boz Blaize, Alexander Jackson, holiday Rico Garcia through thirty one is bradish Young and Beaver's and oh, by the way, Visaio is through twenty thirty three not pictured here through twenty thirty four team option. So it's pretty impressive what they're putting together, and that still has no extension for Adli or Gunner. Will that happen? We'll see it still could. It's not impossible, and maybe all they've done here helps them get one or two of the other big guys on the team.
Speaker 3: I just think when you look at all those names, I just think of that as I mean, who wouldn't take that core group of guys as their core group of guys in any organization? And I think you start adding sprinkling in a few guys from the minor leagues, you start sprinkling a few guys from draft picks that you have, and now you look at a team that could win from year for years to come. And I think that's why this deal is kind of just a representation of that, that there is a chance that this isn't just a small window where everyone was so concerned about when Gunners contractors up. When at of these contracts are up, you have these guys that they've extended now through the twenty thirties, So you're talking five, six, seven years from now to where you're going to still have this core group of guys. Then, like I said, you hope you hit on a few draft picks, you sign a free agent here there, and next thing you know, you have a team that can win for duration of five to ten years. And I think that is what is exciting if you're a Baltimoreial fan seeing this extension. This could be the start of what's to come. And I just think it's a really cool spot to be in. It's an exciting seven game win streak, but now looked in that, you can look even further than that, and it just makes exciting.
Speaker 4: Brett, what is it like, you know, being in that clubhouse as a player, And I was thinking of guys that you were on the team that got extensions, like JJ Hardy and Darren O'Day and obviously Chris Davis got the Mega contract. Like, what is it like being in the clubhouse seeing your teammates get rewarded.
Speaker 2: It's awesome.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's like it gives me chills think about because I still think back to JJ Hardy. He got announced right before the ALCS in twenty fourteen, and every time he came to the play, the whole crowd is changing.
Speaker 2: JJ Hardy and it was one of the coolest things ever.
Speaker 3: And you love seeing guys that put in the work and have put in great careers get rewarded for the teams that they've done really well with. And I just think when you mentioned those three guys, JJ Hardy, Darren O'Day, Chris Davis, those are the three that stand out to me. And those guys deserve those contracts, whether they played out how they played out, they deserve the contract when they got it. And it's awesome to see guys to have that happen and let them get to stay in a spot where they feel comfortable and they want to win at and that's what those three guys got to do. And when you're in that clubhouse, it gives you hope. It hops It makes you think, man if I perform, maybe I can get the contract, maybe I can be the next guy.
Speaker 2: And maybe it doesn't work out that way.
Speaker 3: It sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't, but we're here in that clubhouse. It gives you hope and lets you know that the ownership is there and they're going to do everything they can to put a winning team on the field. And I mean when being on those teams with those guys getting extensions, there was no doubt in my mind that I thought we were gonna win a World Series at one point, and that's the hope for everybody, and that's all you can ever hope for. Obviously it didn't play out that way, but when you start a season or where you're heading into an offseason and those guys get the extensions, that's the hope. You put a team on the field, do you think is going to win a World Series? And we went into every season thinking we had a chance at that, and that's all you can ask for.
Speaker 1: Oh I had one PostScript on Bradish for me, He's a homegrown Oriole develop pitcher. Here's why. Trey Gibson and Brandon Young were not drafted by the Orioles, but they were signed after the draft. They are original Orioles cop. Bradish was drafted by the Angels, traded him before he had thrown a handful of innings on their farm. His development happened in the Baltimore farm. They took this kid from fourth round draft pick in the Dylan Bundy trade when they acquired several players for Bundy, including Bradish, and turned him into a cy Young contender. Kyle Bradish, you deserve the most credit for that, but Kyle Bradish Wold tip his hat to numerous people in the oil organization, majors and miners that helped him get to the point where the fourth round draft pick, unheralded among top pitchers in the game, got a big contract. So I think it's a success story that a lot of people should get some credit for. And end of my sermon here briefly Onky Bradish. Was really exciting for this guy, Tim because that clubhouse loves that guy, and you see when he's out there, he keeps it in. He's not fiery like Gunner, but man, it burns inside of him, you know it.
Speaker 5: Oh, he's a total bulldog.
Speaker 4: But Steve, I was just to you know, put the final exclamation point on it.
Speaker 5: Look, Michael Oyas takes a lot of heat.
Speaker 4: That was an absolute home run of a trade, and Mike deserves some credit for that as well.
Speaker 1: No doubt. So, Kyle Bradish, congrats from Berdland Territory on your contract. The latest oriole to sign a contract extension on to Boston. Man, that's gonna be big. We're talking about it in just seconds.
Speaker 7: Big Bad Morning Show Vinnie and Hani Inside Access Live on YouTube weekdays six till six. Search Baltimore. One O five seven The Fan. Subscribe for daily shorts right to your phone and never miss what you missed. One O five seven The Fan.
Speaker 1: The Boston Red Sox the hottest team in baseball, thirteen straight wins. The Orioles at one seventh straight. Something's got to give. Monday Night, Boston swept Tampa thirteen straight time for the second longest win streak in Red Sox history. You got to go back to nineteen forty eight. The only longer was a Red Sox team won fifteen straight in nineteen forty six. That's what they're chasing, and oh, by the way, chasing against Birdland on Monday Night. And while we mentioned the Orio pitching, here's what the Red Sox have done in thirteen straight wins. They've allowed twenty four runs. That's less than two a game. By the way, they're fourth in the Major League Baseball on temra. It's not offense over the years we've seen carry the Red Sox right now, it's pitching.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I think that even brings up this weekend even more because, like Tim, like you said, winning those two games Friday and Saturday, those are the kind of games you're gonna have to expect to win in Boston and that they have great pitching, and you don't want it to let it get to the eighth and ninth inning because we know they have chapping in the ninth and it's just one of those daunting tasks where you know you got to get the lead and you got to hold it.
Speaker 2: And runs are going to be at a premium.
Speaker 3: So I think this past weekend, playing those close games like they did is really gonna show its head here in Boston.
Speaker 2: These these three games coming up.
Speaker 4: They just accomplished so many things that they've really struggled with throughout the year, winning on the road, winning a back to back road series for the first time all year. Like you pointed out, Steve, one run games, they had the worst record in one run games. They won that on Friday. They had a sub five hundred record in extra inning games. They won that on Saturdays. So it's huge and guys, just how crazy is it? Even going back a couple of weeks ago, This series that starts tomorrow night at Famway Park features the two hottest clubs.
Speaker 5: In all of baseball.
Speaker 8: You know, the Red Sox were dead and buried, the Red Sox fired their manager back in April in Baltimore, coincidentally enough, at Camden Yards and the Orioles obviously we follow them every single day.
Speaker 4: So you have the two hottest teams in all of baseball. But something that the Oriols are going to have to do they have struggled with throughout this year. It's win against left handed pitching. Because Peyton totally, he gets the start tomorrow for Boston, and then Jake Bennett he's projected to start on Wednesday.
Speaker 5: They're started for Tuesday's TBD.
Speaker 4: So Orioles have had their fair share of struggles against left handed pitching and they're facing two really strong ones Monday and Wednesday.
Speaker 1: So twenty four runs allowed by Boston and thirteen straight wins. They gave up just ten in sweeping four from Tampa. They've gone from thirty seven and forty eight to fifty and forty eight, and you mentioned Monday night. Let's start this series this way. Shane Boz for the Orioles four nineteen, Peyton totally for the Red Sox. Now, Boz has been really good in his career against the Red Sox two sixty three eight six starts. Peyton Toley faced the Oriols once this year, six scoreless against Baltimore June third at Fenway might be low scoring like the Houston series. I think Shane Bozz has a big one in them. I think he is a gamer like Bradish. You mentioned Tim, and I see him throwing a big game Monday night. Maybe that's I'm wearing orange car glasses when I say that, but he seems like a guy that would relish the big game an October game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And you know, I think being in the Al East, he's not going to be intimidated.
Speaker 2: He's pitched him family before.
Speaker 3: I'm sure he's facing the Red Sox a bunch, so it's not like you have that factor in there at all. And also Shane pass too, like I feel like his last it's been like ten starts.
Speaker 2: You kind of watch the start and you're like that's it's okay.
Speaker 3: But you look at his box score and the guy somehow always gets to the sixth inning three runs are less and he's given them a chance to win.
Speaker 2: And I agree with you, Steve.
Speaker 3: I think he goes up to Fenway and gives them a chance to win like he does every other start, and he's due for that big one.
Speaker 2: I think it's one of.
Speaker 3: Those five games a year where you go out and you have absolute dominant stuff, and it would just be a perfect time for you get that first win on Monday Night, and from there, you just never know.
Speaker 2: You'd be one game.
Speaker 3: Back of the Red Sox in the wildcard standings, eight in a row, and you just don't know where it can go from there.
Speaker 2: And I like that prediction, Steve. I'm with you.
Speaker 3: I think I think he's due for having a big one. He's been right, He's been so close to pitching unbelievable. He's been very good, but I think he's due for a big one here too coming up.
Speaker 4: He's been on a really long stretch of really strong pitching. And the night where his season really turned around for me, guy, he was at NAT's Park where at that point he threw a seas I in pitchman innings. He kept him in the ball game throughout, gave up just three earned runs. But he's really been so rock solid for them, not super overwhelming or dominant, but Blake, you said, Brad, he keeps him in the ball game every single time, and he eats innings.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be fun. Also, he's okay, put on an orange colored glasses when I say this. They haven't hit left as well. There's gonna be a night or a series where suddenly Ward and Alonso hit lefties like they expect them to. O'Neill's now hitting better. Maybe he joins the fun Mayo. We know what he can do homered off a lefty Sunday. So maybe one of these nights they're due to get a lefty and Peyton Tully's had a really great year for the Red Sox, but the Ools are two back. The Red Sox hold a playoff spot. Believe it or not. The Oriols tied the Twins today, who lost as we tape this, and the Mariners were losing as the time we tape this, So it could be that the Orioles are chasing just one team when they get to Boston. I mean crazy, crazy how it is? Yeah, in a few days.
Speaker 2: It's crazy. I think last a couple weeks ago, forty.
Speaker 1: Nine fifty one guys.
Speaker 2: So crazy, it's crazy.
Speaker 3: Two weeks ago we were, you know, talk about who they're going to get rid of and all this thing.
Speaker 2: Now you just never know.
Speaker 3: That's that's why baseball is awesome, and I think that's why fans love it so much, and that's why Oriols fans should be excited right now, because, like I said, it's not about the records.
Speaker 2: It's a marathon.
Speaker 3: It's one hundred and sixty two games for a reason, and you just never know you could be ten games out and next thing you know, you're looking at your games out. It's just it can happen fast. And they're on our role right now and they're playing how we kind of expect them to play all year, and they've done it at a perfect time, and you just never know what can happen from here.
Speaker 1: Wow, gonna be fun to watch three games see which hot team loses to somebody. Yeah, because one of them is gonna lose to somebody tomorrow night for the first time in a long time. Hey, I hope you guys enjoyed and gals enjoyed this edition of Birdland Territory. Keep subscribing. We're over eight hundred. We're charging to one thousand. You can help us get there, and of course be listening to the podcast outlets if you subscribe and you know, consume our show via audio of course. Apple Spotify and so forth, and follow me on my Steve on Baseball stop substack. We got you covered with a lot of coverage here everywhere you look, so it's at least an exciting time in Birdland and we will talk to you on our next edition of Birdland Territory
Speaker 4: Int