Speaker 1: What up man, This is young drummer boys, chake me all live on a Bootleg cap podcast. Stupid. Yeah, all right, y'all. Before we get into the episode, we gotta do this. We just dropped these T shirts to celebrate five hundred episodes of the bootle cap Podcast. Yes, this is out, little daytona five hundred vintage flip. All five hundred episodes are on the back. Yes, you can do the gray or you can just go black. The black is fire too. So look, if you go right now man bootleg cab dot com and you cop yourself a five hundred epis T shirt, I'm gonna throwing a pair of socks. We got the bootlet Camp odd Socks. You already know the bootleg Cab podcast sponsored by odd Socks, so it's only right we're throwing a pair of odd socks for every T shirt sold. So bootleg cab dot Com, thank you everybody for supporting five hundred episodes. Let's get into the next one right now.
Speaker 2: Come on, Bootleg Camp Podcast Special guest drummer Boy in the building.
Speaker 1: Yeah, welcome a long time.
Speaker 2: I know I haven't interviewed you in like a fucking shit since like two thousand and eighteen.
Speaker 1: Maybe, yeah, me, it was me in Heady Real ninety two three back in the day. Yeah that was good. That was too, so running around through like a little press friendships. I think that was.
Speaker 2: Like was that like right when you first kind of like broke away from King lo G like officially in terms of the label shit.
Speaker 1: Probably like a couple of years after, but yeah, definitely like close to it. Right, how's everything been? Man? Good? Man? Chilling? It's different? How do you feel like being?
Speaker 2: Because I feel like you're kind of one of like the fucking the big homies of like the Latin hip hop space at this point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like you're especially on especially on the independent side.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how does it feel to kind of just see like because I feel like before there, you know, you look at like kind of the last decade, there's like been these like efforts to like try to like, you know, whether it was Suede or like cap G or the major labels were trying to see what what do I do with a Mexican rapper? Right, and they necessarily didn't know what the fuck to do with it? And then you guys are grinding independently, but to kind of see it be like, you know, it's it's like a positive I feel like now if you're a Mexican artist in hip hop in terms of like, I feel like the way.
Speaker 1: They're definitely getting with it. Yeah, you know, I guess a lot of people don't didn't really see it or understand that. It was very hard being a Mexican artist and trying to like, you know, even have it like sit downs with people. You know, that was pretty tough to do, you know, unless you have numbers. I mean, you know, thank god we had we we we did have numbers. We're putting the football numbers back back then, you know what I'm saying, Like, but yeah, it was very hard to break through, you know what I mean and just have people like, you know, people that like, you know, other than the fans, because we had shitload of fans fans. Yeah, you know what I'm saying, Like these record execs and all these people that you know what I'm saying, could supposedly prepare your career to you know, the next level. So it's definitely shift now, you know what I'm saying, A big shift. I think, you know, it's good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I feel like you got I feel like King, little g yourself obviously if you go way way back. I mean in terms of the new ship, I feel like y'all are kind of like the motherfucking the like the fathers of the wave.
Speaker 1: Kind of it's popping right now. Yeah, I mean, now that's you know what I'm saying, Like, Yeah, I kind of take, you know, pride in that. I think people that that don't understand or people that you know that that are just coming up now shore line to shout to short line. Yeah, so short line too, you know what I'm saying. But even before Shortline, you know what I mean, it was it was us, you know what I'm saying, And it was it was Devour. It was you know, I remember what was a kid's name from the eight one eight shout to Devour.
Speaker 2: But there was another kid from from fucking I think he was from Pacoima. He started signing artists recently, but.
Speaker 1: He started signing artists.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he used to be a rapper. He had like a wave. We had him on the at reel. I forget his fucking name.
Speaker 1: Self self provoked, yes, self provokes always been due, right, But he was doing his thing like he was. He was doing his thing like. Yes. See, so even that's what I'm saying. Even back then I was on tour with Self Provoked yea. Then then Self Provoked went on tour with King lo G. So there's a difference between you know what I'm saying. You can mention different people that say that they started that wave, you know what I'm saying. But and there's people that just got with the wave now that it's cool to be with the wave. Me and myself just not even talking about what me and King li G did, you know what I'm saying. But man, I remember I was pushing it so hard where you know, uh, before Nipsey Hustle passed away, we did it. You know this This was my set, like what I used to do. So we did a show at it was Toyota Arena back then today something else, right, It was just still Toyo the Arena in Ontario. Yeah, in Ontario, bro, this isn't what twenty eighteen. I was on stage and Nipsey Ussa was a headliner and it was this the arena. I had my own set in the back. I had a big ass fucking on the on the teleprompters. I had a big gass Mexican flag waving, you know what I'm saying. And then I had homies doing burpees. The Homie Turtle put a video together where it was like homies doing burpies like screen, Yeah, all on the screen with the big gass Mexican flag, you know what I mean? Like, really, you know, letting people know, like this is my culture. So let's you could say you were doing shit like that in twenty eighteen, seventeen sixteen, you can't really say you were pushing very hard for the Mexicans, you know what I'm saying, because I was letting it be known, you know what I'm saying, And back then people were kind of shying away for it, right, you know what I mean? From me? Yeah, it wasn't good for business and that whole I'm not cheekingt on rap shit, right, Think about how many people were saying that, right, you know what I'm saying. I never really fell into that.
Speaker 2: I feel like though, sonically, I feel like you never like when I would listen to you like you you were to me. You always were a rapper who happened to be Mexican in terms of like you know, when I think it Chicono rap. I think it's some of this ship from like the early two thousand.
Speaker 1: Phony you think over your fucking yeah, mister criminal. Yeah, I mean, because there's different kinds of gang bangers, are different kind of tolos.
Speaker 2: But I feel like you were just doing dope, Like you were just making dope rap music and you're happen to be Mexican, your and your ship, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But what I'm saying is like you ever were doing different music, but we still resonated, you know, we were still We're obviously Chicago's were from here, right, No, it was obviously. I mean, but people would not want to like even any any time like that ship would pop up or a Mexican rapper, Mexican artist rapper, they would want to correct it. You know what I'm saying, Like in podcasts, I'm not that I don't do that. Yeah, you know what I'm saying. Yeah, you know what I mean. And like my homies, you know what I'm saying, Like I got homies that are supered out, which we that's what you consider. You know what I'm saying. Somebody that's you know, you know, has the real Chicano like you know what I mean, but Chicano's actually a culture. It's actually like you know what I mean. I mean, dude, it's crazy.
Speaker 2: Like I was in Thailand and I saw I know, it's big in Japan, but I was in Thailand and I saw Tai fos Chicano out right like it was crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But like in Japan, it's like a thing, like they have car clubs and they you know, it's like like.
Speaker 1: You said, it's it's a culture. Yeah, it's like it's a movement something that started, you know, years ago. But yeah, I find it funny, you know what I'm saying that I mean, I really I'm not really too much about you know what i mean, coming out and like talking my ship, talking to Gang of Ship. But I just think it's a good thing now and if people want to jump on that wave now that it's cool to be be you know what I mean, what we are and what we do and ship, then then I'm happy for it, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Were you ever close to like I'm sure you know what the type of numbers y'all you were doing, you know, independently. Was there ever a situation where you consider maybe doing a major label thing or interest.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we had sit down. So we had sit downs, but like just the ship was too ugly, you know what I'm saying, Like in terms of you know, because once we obviously we signed once and shit was cool, but I didn't know what the fuck I was signing and I had to make mistakes. You know what I'm saying. I made empire. So was it distro we sat on the label side, Yeah, but luckily, I mean they looked out, you know, saying they you know, I mean, I got no nothing bad to say for them, you know, I say they, you know, definitely held my career out. But in terms of longevity and in terms of you know, what we do, I really don't think that there's nothing that a label could do for you that you really can't do for your for yourself, because at the end of the day, you have to build your own audience and shit, you know what I'm saying. They can't create that for you.
Speaker 2: People think if you sign it's like a cheat code for fans, right, and it's like, like that's not it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: It's not in a way. Yeah, you have to cultivate your cult. It's like your flock. You have to have a cult fallow us. And that's the thing.
Speaker 2: It's like no amount of I mean like, look, obviously you get some bread, you could, you could run ads, you could do things like help you know, increase your exposure. But in terms of like you know, really really tap it in with the how it could be one hundred people? Okay, how do we turn this to two hundred? The label ain't gonna do that for you, bro, Like it ain't like you sign and some magic shit happens.
Speaker 1: Is they can't. Yeah, they can't do it. I feel like they can't. I mean, you have to have genuine fans to have longevity in this music in this music game. Now, one thing they can do is what I feel like, if you sign to a label and you have that that now with you know, saying that viralness that they're looking for, they can't sit. They can't dumb money into you to get you these features that you probably weren't able to obtain, you know what I'm saying. And you know, they could put you in front of places in different places, that's if they really believed in you, and you know what I'm saying, they're gonna do that, right, you know, but once that's over, right, then it's like on you. Now it's back on you.
Speaker 2: But yeah, no, I feel like, you know, at the end of the day, like you said, man like if you got to if you're gonna get into that situation, you have to learn how to use those tools into your favor. But you also have to understand, like the real works should be starting for real, you know what I'm saying, Like.
Speaker 1: Nah, for for sure, I mean it started back with us since I mean, thank god that I've been able to stay relevant for this many years.
Speaker 2: Bro, when was your like when when would you say was your first like real year in the game where you like were really like like getting money off a rap?
Speaker 1: Oh really, Okay, that'll be probably like twenty sixteen, Okay, so almost ten years. Yeah, twy fifteen is when I drop high for everyone. That's what kind of creating my own movement, right because I was with King Log and we created AK forty seven Boys back in twenty thirteen, twelve, twenty twelve around there, that's when we created the AK forty seven Boys. This is crazy, you know what I'm saying. And then with the AK forty seven Boys, I was initially brought in there just as a producer. So what I did was I started taking influence from like Asap Rocky, from different people, and then I was like, I was a real like beat head, right, So I was making beats on the NPC and shit like that. So what I was doing was getting like trap sounds and putting you know, I maybe trap beats and putting like samples over those. And then that's what kind of developed the AK forty seven sound back then, you know what I mean. Then we brought EMC and shit, you remember EMC, you know, and then it just kind of kind of kept going from there, you know what it was? It was amazing too. I was gonna ask you, bro, like I see all your plaques. What the fuck? But I was looking at your plaques in there. I didn't even know you did so much ship.
Speaker 2: That's just from breaking radio, breaking all these records on the radio. Dog's so when you break, when you break records, like you know what I'm saying, they give you a plaque like if you're if you're first to play some ship.
Speaker 1: Or Yeah, I even asked I was. I was looking at the ship. I was like, damn, what's this motherfucker? Dude, you don't really knows. You gotta talk about that ship. Nah, yeah, you know. I mean I'm on the radio in like a fucking hundred cities every day. Dog, all right, so you know, now you got plaques.
Speaker 2: Bro, We're still on at ninety two three every night, seven O'CLOCKNY through Friday.
Speaker 1: Shit, that's dope. But they don't. You haven't took a picture with all your plaques. No, come on, you gotta do some rapper ship. Nah, you gotta do some rapper shit that. I'm like, all right, but we get it. How is it, corny, that's a major achievement.
Speaker 2: No, it's cool, but it's like it's just not I don't know, dude, Like like you said, I mean maybe, but yeah, I mean yeah, it's just you know, I let people come in when they book the studio, they take pictures with the plaques.
Speaker 1: Know I did. I was in here yesterday. I took it. I took pictures of your plaques and ship. I was like, damn, that's just hard. The reason why I asked too is because I have you. Me and g fell out for a while, remember, yeah, and you know, I mean just just regular ship. But now that we got back together, I go in his house and you know, we work on H forty seven and all that shit, which was a fucking huge album for us, and I see all the plaques for everything I worked on with him, and I'm like, but I need one. I was like, we're all my plaks. But we're talking about, like, well you should, bro you you could get all those plats. Well yeah, he told me. So he was like you know what I'm saying. I think yesterday or yesterday we drop a new record from my album and he's like, drummer and he's like, you have like eight plaques and you have like eight gold plaques, and you have like fucking six fucking Billboard plaques. Yeah. He's like, I'm gonna get you all those. Yeah, yeah, yeah, It's it's interesting, and I'm gonna take a picture with everything, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like yeah, like yeah, because even with like Billboard or especially on Billboard, like but any of your Spotify ship, like the guys who make the plaques, because we're about to order some Alexis Plaxa. He has a record it's got like twenty million streams, so we're like, yeah, let's.
Speaker 1: Put something up in the studio for him, you know, I mean, right, right, no, that's cool. So but yeah, you as long as you have to just I think it's like they make you prove that. It's like you're a part of it. I don't know, I don't.
Speaker 2: Know that like the label any plaque you see me having in my possession, the label sent me, right, you know?
Speaker 1: So like yeah, we got like Spotify pa, like I had like my hands on or those two Ritz plaques out there, I A and R both those records. So okay, so yeah that's double as fun. But yeah, but it's different though. We got Spotify plaques and all that ship that's is cool, but not but the actual like the gold Plax, that's what I'm waiting on right now. That's just fire, you know what I mean. Yeah, no, thank you, I mean you know what I'm saying. But when I went into G's house, I was like, you motherfucker, Yeah, every plaque because gee, I mean a lot of people don't know like the new generation, you know what I'm saying in this game, which is you know, obviously they heard of us and ship, but they don't know how much like we really put on bro.
Speaker 2: I look at like he's like the fucking Mexican nipsie for real. I look, yeah, I mean I mean in terms of like numbers shows the respect, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Think about it. We were setting out the Novo in these places and not really seeing him do no.
Speaker 2: I know he sometimes get wrapped up in some like internet ship, but I've never seen him do no goofy shit ever. Nah, you know what I mean, Like, yeah, he's always been like super like I've dude, I've had him up in the strip club and as a few times like that. He's just a good dude, man, He actually is funny. Him and Rich co headlined a tour which was the most random fucking tour of all time because Rich is like a white trash rapper, right, And I remember telling Rich somebody, Hey, that's gonna be interesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how was it.
Speaker 2: I think it did well because each of they but they each had their own fans. So imagine if you're like a king little g fan and you come and there's like this chubby white dude with big red hair on stage rapping super fast like Jack nine before.
Speaker 1: Ritz. I haven't seen him, but yeah he wraps like Tech nine. No, he I mean he wraps like rits to be fair, but you know, but like he's just super tech, like he chopped Okay, all right, all right, I see. How was it? How much fun did y'all have working on the album last year together? Oh? That show was a blast. Remember we had just reunited. Yeah, And as soon as we reunited, like the week actually like the same week, he sends me, he saying, he sends me Gangster Function. He's like, drum jump on this, right, so we gangster So as soon as we reunited, were like, we ain't got to talk about what happened. We ain't got to talk about anything. All we talked about was, you know, family ship and how everything was done. And remember like, let's go get this money now, you know what I'm saying. Now we're back together, you know. And he sent me Gangster Function. And I remember the first time I heard Gangster Function, I was just like, man, we was wrapping over that too short beat, you know what I mean. I was like, man, this is boo boo. So then I was like, all right, it's so but he sounded dope on it. But I didn't see myself right because I wasn't rapping like on crazy funk beats. Like that because I was a whole funk out bright. Then I just dropped the verse. Then we dropped the song and that ship with nuts, bro, like nuts, like crazy nuts. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like that sound is like it's like nostalgic. Yeah, like, uh, what's onie from an Ocean Side? We have had on the show rapping this hard as fuck? I can't think of his name.
Speaker 1: What's the fools name? From Ocean Side?
Speaker 2: He only he said, like he only wraps over. He's worked with like sugar free and corrupt, and but the ship is.
Speaker 1: Hard, like he's young. Wait, he's like he's kind of like mixed. Yes, yes, I know he turned around. I can't think of his name. He's been on the show. He's dope though, and he has like a little fuck yeah, he's hard at fuck. It's gonna bother me because I fu with this. What DESI hollow? Does he hollow? Hollow? He has a song? I too.
Speaker 2: No, he's tough, but I think it's dope, Like you know, like at the end of the day, bro, it's almost like why not get why not throw one of them out.
Speaker 1: In the world, you know what I mean? I don't think does Hollow fucks with me. I sent him a message back then. Really yeah, it was really read it. It's never opened. Maybe he didn't see it. Maybe not. Yeah, maybe Hollow tapping you play a lot of golf. Yeah, I stopped. I stopped right now just because we're working on the album and ship, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I saw like you and Left he were playing golf. But then I noticed, like you actually played. I like noticed from that video like this will really plays golf. Yeah, yeah, no, Left, he was out there making an ass out of himself on the course.
Speaker 1: That feels still always me a thousand dollars he swear everywhere it. I was like, he was like, you know whatever course that was when that fool walked up, they were probably like fuck yeah he came in. He came in like full, like dressed for the club. Yeah, like he had an appearance to make. Yeah, it's like and Dono came with a small ass shirt, belly hanging out. That motherfucker went straight to ross, got a medium fucked from the whole polar the closes size that he can fit into. Yeah yeah he did that. No, but yeah, golf was a kind of like an escape. Yeah, you know what I'm saying, Like it's like therapeutic, right, Like it is because like a person, like you know, a person in our industry, we we tend to overthink about a lot of ship, you know what I'm saying, Like, you know, it's the thing that's hard about being uh, being in this industry and being especially independent and owning your own business and doing that. It's not even it's not the physical work. It's it's more of the mental work, you know what I'm saying. It's like we're constantly thinking, Okay, we got to drop this, or we got to do this, or you know, you got this interview to set up, what's the next thing to keep you know, keep the ship in motion. And then sometimes that shit could get overwhelmed me. So when you do something like golf, whatever it is, golf, you know, like right now we're going call of duty and ship like something that could like completely scared in your mind. Yeah, of that because it's hard to unblug. I'll be doing this dude, for real.
Speaker 2: It's like I need to play more video games or something, because no matter what I'm doing, my mind is still is always ra thinking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what that's and that she stressed me out.
Speaker 2: Family, because the phone's right there. I could be fucking I could be putting some shit on Netflix, dog, and I'm still like, right, if you're playing golf, you're playing video you have to concer recently, hooping is that's another thing?
Speaker 1: Good cardio? You know? Yeah, that's another thing gave some Armenians the business yesterday at twenty four Oh ship, Yeah, you can really hoop.
Speaker 2: I mean, but I mean, I'm all right. Back in the day, I'm only six foot, but I used to be able to play.
Speaker 1: In six foot. Yeah that's pretty tall, though, I mean, it's you know, it's fucking I guess. So somebody on the internet said I was, uh, what the hell? They said it was four six, yeah, five nine, five eight, thank you. Yeah, I'm five nine, thank you. Anybody listening. You know what I'm saying, I'm five to nine, all right, Nah, But that escape is something you need, bro, because look, that should have put you in a fucking depression. That should have given you anxiety. You know what I'm saying, Like, don't take this ship too serious. You know what I'm saying, Live your life, you know what I mean. And a grind for sure, grind, but live your life because I've been doing this long enough to know that you can miss a lot of shit, you know what I'm saying, Like you miss life trying to chase life, if that makes sense. Yeah, that's a fucking bar, you know what I mean. It's really like, you know what I mean, real shit, because yeah, bro, I missed a lot, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: It's like we get so wrapped up in the grind and like trying to level up, and you know, you can't really smell a flower. Sometimes you can't, which you know, I don't know. I'm sure you got kids. Yeah, yeah, so it's like sometimes you be like, damn, I gotta chill out. Like as much as I'm going hard to make sure these fools get anything that they want, like I also got to make sure like I'm fucking there when I'm there.
Speaker 1: You know exactly, and not just being physically there, as being present. Yeah, like you said, you could be there, but your mom will be everywhere else. Yeah, you know what I'm saying. But yeah, that's important, man, you know what I mean. But uh, yeah, golfing. Golfing was good for that. It was really good. Right now, we're on call of duty, so anybody wants to smoke, you know what I'm saying. We're on war zone right now. I've been on that ship for like three months. Yo. Hell the people been playing at Marvel Rival ship. Yeah, my son be on that ship. I heard that ship is gas. My kid be playing it. He's fucking Doctor Strange all the time. This is Doctor Strange is pretty dope. Though. Doctor Strange is low key one of the slept on guys, like he could do a lot. Yeah he got ship. Yeah, he got some powers on him. For you, what is it? Because you know you have a label. Is that something that? Do you have other artists that you have signed right now? No? So yeah, the label? So what I what I have is you know, you know, I decided to make my own label. My partner one hundred, So we haven't signed. We've been thinking about it. But the thing is, when you sign people, it's kind of hard bro being an artist yourself, Like you know what I mean, You gotta you gotta try to juggle, like you know what I'm saying, being an artist and then helping this artist, you know, grow, So I think that's kind of a hard thing to do, you know what I'm saying, you know for.
Speaker 2: Sure, Because then at the same time, then you're you have like their life in your hands kind of yeah, and you know they're still trying to push your ship.
Speaker 1: You want to be fair to them. You want to be fair. Also, there's certain moves that he should be making that I wouldn't. I don't have to make anymore, you know what I'm saying, or you know, you know, so you kind of got to balance that out. But I think we're getting to the to the time that it's time to start signing artists, you know what I'm saying, because I'll probably retire rapping in the next five years.
Speaker 2: I feel like Yogati did it right whe when he started to like level up CMG. Right, he would drop here and there, but like he was pretty like I felt like he was pretty locked in on like yeah, cracking the label off and now he's got glow really and money back, yell and fucking you know, right.
Speaker 1: But I think it's different because he was he was popping on a global on a global for sure, for sure, for sure, you know what I'm saying, So on a global scale, you know what I mean? I think it's probably easier to to to bring artists out, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Especially when you have a fucking a deal with Interscope, a label deal with Interscope.
Speaker 1: Right, you have the machine, Yeah, you have a machine behind you on a on a on an independent scale. It's kind of it's kind of hard because, yeah, it's kind of hard because you're trying to figure out what you did to get you here as an independent artist, so you're trying to implement that and the kind of change. Right.
Speaker 2: Look, from the time you were coming up, it's like a fucking whole new world, you know, bro, it really is. What are your thoughts on like, because now there's like a real you know, how do you feel about the the podcast space and a blog space in the Mexican hip hop community, whether it's the full communities or like in Arizona we have Arizona fools.
Speaker 1: Like, there's like this whole, like you know, world of media now that you have to be in with, right, you have to be in tune with it. Back then we didn't, Right.
Speaker 2: And then there's there's podcasts, you know, there's there's just a lot like it's like we said, it's a whole new thing, but like, how do you like? And then like it also gives artists the opportunity to get on camera and say some stupid shiit, say some shit that gets misinterpreted, beef start, whatever the fuck, and then the blogs run with it, like what are your thoughts on just all that.
Speaker 1: I think it's bullshit, Like I think you shouldn't have to. My perspective on it is like the reason why I say is bullshit is because people feel like they need to do some dumb shit to get views, you know what I'm saying, Or do some you know, let's do some viral shit. Like when was that a thing? Like let's go viral, right? You know what I mean? When we were dropping, we're just dropping on YouTube. My first fucking my first album dropped on that PIF. Crazy fucking shout out to that PITH. You feel me. I'm so sad when they took it down. That's crazy, y'all because it has so much shit on. How many of these new rappers know about that PIF though, I would hope. I mean that PIF was a wave, that was the ship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, they had all all the dream chasers on there, all the Wayne shit all all the ill shit.
Speaker 1: Now you gotta go on YouTube to find that ship, right, right? So yeah, I just say I feel like if you do something intentionally to like to bring attention to you, you know what I mean, I feel like Dad's bullshit, you know what I mean. Like I've always been wanting to let the music speak for itself. That's why, you know, you you know how long I've been in the game, you kind of you've been You see me around, and shit, I've never been the one to like jump on shit and just pop off r or do something goofy, you know what I'm saying. Like, it's just not in me. You know what I'm saying. And if you're doing that, you know, if you're doing that just to bring you attention, you know, you know, it's just ship like that, then I think that's kind of like a small form of like selling what would be selling out to us back then, you know, right, you know, So I don't know.
Speaker 2: Like I think it's like a good thing because now there's like outlets that you know, cover Mexican hip hop exclusively, right, and so it's like, Okay, that's good. And then then then there's other ship where it's like, okay, well some of these outlets also can throw some gasoline on the fire of like certain.
Speaker 1: Issues with you. I feel like that happens more, it happens a lot. I think it happened. I think they're more than them breaking artists. They're breaking artists down.
Speaker 2: Like it just happened with the with the Dregs kid and the kid from a Stink Team. I felt like I was like, God, damn, these motherfuckers are turning this beef up, like yeah, and it was like I think some ship I.
Speaker 1: Don't know, but I was just like fun, I've seen that. I've seen that.
Speaker 2: It was just like unfortunate because it's like, hey, man, like this shit ain't worked the fucking and you know, right, like you're getting on a blog post, you know what I'm saying, people's real lives and these kids, neither of these kids have Harvard, you know, you want to consider making it now of them kids are millionaires, you know what I'm saying. Right, Neither of them are in a position where their lives have like where they could kick it, you know what I mean. Yeah, they're still on, like Dregs is hot, but like these fools are still on to come up, so they.
Speaker 1: Want to come up. Yeah, so yeah, situations like that, like, don't get me wrong, like I fuck with I fuck with certain podcasts and I fuck with some people as individuals and what they're doing as a moment. You can't knock the hustle. That's another that's another hustle. Now, you know, with Icon, I can't be staying out of that messy shit. Fuck I No, that's one boy. But yeah, yeah, but like no, no, Icon does try to stay out the messy ship, you know what I'm saying. But I feel like he plays his favorites though he does. He does, but you know, I I you know, I think he left full community for some like because some ugly respect. Yeah, now I gotta respect that. You know. When I talked to him, I was just like before I would I would see him, and you know, because I've known Nicon for ten years, he used to wrap yeah yeah videos on that. I'd be like, man, you're falling into all that dumb shit. He would always be like, no, that's not me, it's not me. And I was like, man, that's bullshit. But the day he left and the reason why he left, I was like, all right, maybe he was telling the truth. Yeah. I called him when he did it. He was like, he was like, I just can't. I can't be He's like, bro, I just can't. This just doesn't sit well with me. Yeah. I mean I feel like if you're putting that out there, right, So I'm very careful about what I put out you know what I'm saying, Like the like the Internet, and they see what I want him to see, right, you know what I mean. I have total control of that aspect. So if you're doing some crazy shit, or you're letting people do some crazy shit around you and you're filming and shit, you're almost just doing it to yourself. You can't get mad at a blog for both for sure. If you're putting it out there, like you said, if you're putting it out there, you have full controls on you. Bro. You're like, people will get fucked up on this Internet. It so easily.
Speaker 2: I'll be I'll be disappointed in people so much because I'm like, like, what the fuck? Yeah, why, Like it's crazy? Yeah exactly. You know, I've had so many people tell me like, yo, you gotta you gotta do this, you.
Speaker 1: Gotta do this.
Speaker 2: The podcast would be bigger if you did this or if you did the streaming and you win it, I'm like, bro, I don't want people to be too invested in my personal life. And like, I'm cool, just I'm cool, dog Like, there's just certain ship that's just like you know, for.
Speaker 1: Me, it's just not worth it. You know, yes, it's not. So so how can you turn around and blame the podcast for if you posted it? If it's out there on your ship, they're covering what you already posted. Yeah, so people are quick to get mad at them, but all they want is they want news, bro, And.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you should have kept it off the internet, Like if you posted some ship on this your story, it's kind of free. It's it's you know, it's up for grabs at that point, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And that's what they do. People like you you know what I'm saying, and like and like in Head and Chuck and all them, people like you guys come from music. You guys come from you know what I'm saying from from radio and all that shit. So it makes more sense for what you guys are do. You guys are more involved with the music where you guys could actually speak with I just love the music and I just come from a background where like, uh, you know, I just can't do certain ship dog, you know what I mean exactly. On the other hand, the blogs, they don't come from them, correct, So all their listle yeah, is that is those viral clips for sure? For sure. So don't give it to them, guys. Yeah, you know what I'm saying, Just relax, go viral for your song being dope, right, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Or you know, I'll see some people get creative with their rollouts where they're like they know it's gonna go viral, and they're like low key only but it's like on purpose and it's like okay, like it's like harmless, you know what I.
Speaker 1: Mean, Like right, you know, so how dumb does this sound? This is like right now, if I want to go viral, I could, right, I could go and get into some ship.
Speaker 2: I could go shoot up, we could get a rest, we could set up this interview to where you get mad and walk out.
Speaker 1: Yeah you know what I'm saying. Fucking racket line right here, and then that's gonna go crazy, you know what I'm saying. But to see how easy it is, the bad ship they going to grab it, bro, sure, they're gonna grab it. You know what I'm saying. You just dropped the new song with Ralphie. Ralphie Up, shout out, Ralphie, Man, good guy. Uh.
Speaker 2: I feel like you've always kind of like had your ear to the street in terms of like the LA shit, Like do you feel like, uh, you know, in terms of the new generation of LA artists. Obviously, Ralphie's kind of a I won't call him an og, but he been around his brother long enough. Are you a fan of what's going on in LA right now with all the new kids that are coming up.
Speaker 1: I'm a fan of the growth that's happening, you know what I'm saying. There's a lot of Mexicans doing what they're doing and they're getting they're getting praise for it, you know what I'm saying. So I'm a fan of that for sure. Definitely a fan of a few artists that are out there and I'm fishing and I definitely don't like a few of them as well, you know what I'm saying. But you know, it's it's a good It's I feel overall it's a good thing. Yeah, what's happening, you know what I mean? How dope.
Speaker 2: Was like when you saw that Lefty ended up on TV off on Kendrick's album, I was I was surprised, even though he was running around kind of talent.
Speaker 1: Everybody he did. I didn't. I didn't really think. I was like and then I was like, damn, like it's platinum. Yeah, you know what I mean? Like that, that's that's a big moment. Left the gun play, that's a big moment. Look Lefty, Lefty's left I met Lefty before he blew up. Right. So one of Lefty's first songs that he dropped was Letter to Drummer. Right, so he actually wrapped he rapped to you. Yeah, yeah, he wrapped it. Yeah, he wrapped to me on that song. But I met him at a club in oc And and he wrapped it to me, like in person before he got on that on the Corner Store, shout out to the corner Store. This Corner Store really freestyle he had that was a superman freestyle. That ship was hard. That was that was a ship for Lefty. Right. He murdered that. Yeah. So when I when I when I talked to Dez, I was like, man, Lefty, owe you some money for for sure. But Anyways, you know what I'm saying, Lefty as a person, Lefty is is genuine. I don't think people know that.
Speaker 2: I always tell everybody who asked me. I'm like, man, the dude's got his demons, but he's got a good heart on. Yeah, he's a good dude.
Speaker 1: He's a genuine person for sure, you know what I'm saying. And he just called me like the other day and ship. He was like, drummer, I need to be on your album. Your album ain't gonna be hard less I'm on your album. I was like, shut you, but yeah, I left. He's cool, man, and that's a big moment. And I like that, you know what I'm saying, Like, you know, obviously people are gonna say what they say. You're gonna have your haters and ship like that. But man, let him have his time, you know what I'm saying, Like, let him do his ship. You know, left he got a bill from this. Now you gotta for sure put some ship out. I think he's trying to get It's funny because his his songs. I can't get right with problem.
Speaker 2: But I think he's like making a real effort to like over whatever with Mike and Keith get his ship together in terms of like, you know, the ship that you know people have concerns about. But left he's a good dude and he's talented as fuck. Yeah he's talented.
Speaker 1: But people are going to find a way to hate, bro, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Well, they're also going to find a way to hate because they they wish they were in his position.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I mean. And no, definitely, and he seems to like I'm the guy who I mean, Think about how many people that probably felt like, okay, they should have been chosen for that for one of that, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: And to be honest as supposed to being like wow, like this, they're like Paceel and Lefty are on a.
Speaker 1: Fucking right right exactly. You know what I'm saying. That's a win for everybody. It's a win for everybody, you know what I mean. And a lot of people look at it that way, like, man, you know they've been in the game for so long, in this long woo and maybe you know they should have been on it. Okay, I see that, you know what I mean. But I also see that where the state of music is at right now, you know what I'm saying. And I see people are getting signed due to how much cloud and how much viral ship they have out you know what I'm saying, which is crazy, you know what I mean. But it's cool. As long as you're at peace with yourself, you can't be mad at that. You know what I'm saying. Like, I'm good, bro, Like music has provided for me in so many different ways. You know what I'm saying, And you know it's funny when I did, uh, when I did an interview with with Chuck Dizzel and fucking and Yeah, I remember they had had had asked Mausey a question about like when does he feel like he's going make it right or he made it? And his reply was like when he touched his first million. So when they asked me that question, which was years back, they like, when you're gonna feel like you made it? I was like, shit, all I want is like a big house off of music and like I feel like I made it. Well, we already reached that, Like I already bought my house off of that. I'm buying my second house off of music and shit, So how how am I in a position to be mad at anybody, and shit, you know what I'm saying. When you made it, you won. Yeah, I'm chilling, you know what I'm saying. And that was kind of like a turning point. But believe me, I got to remind myself that that was, you know something, what I was knowing.
Speaker 2: It's like we were talking about earlier a little bit. It's almost like if you you know, sometimes you got to put your like force yourself to rewind your perspective to like five ten years ago and be like, damn if if you told your version of you back then where you are now, yeah, you would be like tripping. But you're living in it, so you don't really appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I mean. Like, you know, you can't you can't like zone in on it because your mind stinking about everything. You know, you gotta keep going. Yeah, you know what I'm saying. But like you know, bro, I'm still dropping albums. I've worked with pretty much everybody in La, you know what I'm saying. I've always been open minded to working with everybody. I'm from Pomona, so my beef, my neighborhood beef, doesn't really stem out of Pomona, right, right, so I could work with anybody as long as like you know, like the people that I work with don't you know, have beef with them and ship. But yeah, we've done so much in the game where I feel I feel content about that. But the fact that I could still drop and and you know what I mean, and still do what I'm doing right now, especially with this album that we got coming, you know, I mean, I think that right there is just like a reassurance that, you know what I mean, like I did something right because bro, like there's a lot of people that can't last a year or two in this game, you know what I'm saying. And it's even people that come out with major labels and ship, you know what I'm saying, that that overnight ship, you know what I mean, that don't last as long as like a person like me or King lo Z or like you know other people that have lasted you know what I mean. That that's that's like a that's like a big, big thing, Like it's a great feat to accomplish, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: What was it like working with Jimmy and the Rancho guys crazy, because that's like like Jimmy's a fucking legend, like he an LA legend. He's a fucking music industry legend. Like that deal he got was fucking put it in the rafters with like the no Limit deal, the cash Money deal.
Speaker 1: Right, that shit was crazy, bro. And it all stands from when me and G got back together and this bro, it's not even a year old. And you know what I'm saying, Like the internet is cool. Here's the thing.
Speaker 2: They're like a major because they got the major, you know, But I just like wonder what because I feel like a lot of people in hip hop don't necessarily kind of understand what's going on with Rachel Coal Media.
Speaker 1: I feel like they're one of the biggest record labels for sure. You know what I'm saying, Like, like where is I like they came from? You know what I mean? Like what are we talking about? Bro? You know what I'm saying. It's like you know that ship right there was was was nuts. Like me and G got back together. The first song we dropped was was was Gangster Function. They were playing this ship on bolts and have a suit like everywhere. It took over the whole lowrider scene. After that, Jimmy gave me a phone call because I've been knowing Jimmy and Jimmy just loved that ship so much. He was like, drum you got He said, you got more songs like this? And I was like, yeah, I didn't. You know what I'm saying. I was like, some more motherfucker, but yeah, we got him. So fucking how that happened was that, like, you know, he gave me a call. I told G like, G, what was up? Man? You want to sit down with Jimmy boom. All we need to do is make a couple more songs. He was like, let's go. We had a seat, talk to Jimmy. Jimmy gave us a fat bag, bro like shout out Jimmy man. And the terms were good too. You know what I'm saying, Like I've been offered bags from different record labels, but you know what I'm saying, Jimmy gave us a real fat bag. And then me and hundred and then Zace has some shit to do with it because I still be producing too. I just kind of do it on the cut. But we came up with like six more songs and we just release it, and then we released Banging and then Banging with viral, and I think people don't remember that because the Internet moved so fast. Sure, even though it was fucking last year. But bro, we have like fucking forty to fifty million views combined and streams combined in less than a year. You know what I'm saying. Are you dropping this new album in March independently? Yeah? Okay, we're doing this independently. Shout out to kill a cush Man. We have a lot of help with friends, you know what I'm saying, where we don't have to go out. You know what I mean, Because one of the reasons you want to go to a label is to get some money, some sash flow. You know what I mean too, if you're smart, you're going over there to get cash flow to jump into the album, to make the album what to do, what it needs to do. You know what I'm saying. But this album we're doing independently, and we got some dope features on there. Man, you know what I'm saying. Like I'm really it took me a minute to get what I was fucking racking. Hunt Man. I made this food work overtime because Hunter's my engineer and producer, so we kind of reinvented the album like four times in the last two months. Like I was like, scratch everything.
Speaker 2: Yo, Sometimes I just be fucking with y'all rappers, bro, because y'all be scrapping good ship.
Speaker 1: But it's old, all right, here's the funny part, right. So for that album, what I did was, and you know what I mean, if anybody listening and struggling with this shit, what I did was I made eight ten songs. After that, I got influenced by the fucking, the fucking scene and the other music that was out. I scratched those eight songs. I went did another ten. We fucking scratched those. I didn't know what the fuck I was doing. I told Hondo, I told Adam. I was like, man, let's go run an airbnb, let's go to other and let's go find this sound. Right, So then I make another fucking like ten songs, and shit, now we're sitting on forty songs, right. You know what ended up being the album pieces from each of those ten, the first fucking the first ten. Well, that's good because you wouldn't for right, You're right, you know what I'm saying. But that's how easy to bring fucks with you man, like that shit fuck funny. Now that happens all the time.
Speaker 2: Bro, Like you're like, you'll like, you know, I have an artist. So it's like, well, I love a song that's like two years old, right, like that shit's old.
Speaker 1: I'm like, but this shit is hard. Yeah, and yeah, these songs over here are are cool. You know what I'm saying. I'm pretty sure people will fuck with them. But the feeling that once I heard these songs after not listening to them for a whole month or two, I was like, that's it. That's like, these songs over here, those are the ones. What do you guys doing distro through? Is it just straight distro? Kid? You know, I got, I got, so what I what I ended up doing, as you know what I mean as being independent is I just left relationships open, so like with Orchard, with the Empire, with different people select those like you know what I'm saying, you know some of the online distribution to like, I just left ship open, so now I could kind of I could distribute distribute that through anyone album. What about the new album, the new one. I still haven't made the actual decision on who we're going with, but I gotta make it like today. Yeah, yeah, you want to get Yeah, because like I was in a drop. I was supposed to drop like a month ago, you know what I'm saying. But you know what I mean, Good thing I didn't because we ended up getting bro this. We got heavy hitters on the album. We got Bravo shout out to Bravos on one of the songs. We got Stuper Young, you know, Stupid Young and him go Thailand with that guy going crazy. Yeah, Stup Young, he's one of the really young.
Speaker 2: Is cracking and Thailand. Oh yeah, his big homie like runs a weed shop out there. Oh yeah, from his like big hummy from the Asian boys, like moved out there and it's.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah yeah, he told me to go out there with him and ship. It's fucking sick. Yeah. So we got Stuper Young on the album. Then we got west Side Buggie hit the J Three's on that motherfucker. You know what I'm saying. Kinglo G is on like two songs that album. It's a West Coast album for sure, you know what I'm saying. What's the name of the album. I don't know it yet, but we're gonna know it. In the next tonight too. I got to get the distrow together of the album. You got the artwork together, of course not Yeah, now the artwork is coming along. Well, you don't have the name yet. The look and everything. We found the look that we want for the cover and ship, you know what I mean. We did the shoot and all that ship. But you know, tour coming, Oh, big tour coming. We got a yeah, a big tour. So that tour right there, Me and King Little Jar we're gonna So Kinglo G dropped an album. So if you ain't heard the Little G's album, go listen to that Ship because it's dope. It's like a it feels like like a mixture of like AK forty seven sound with just like some new ship. Yeah, he did that ship with DJ Flip. That shit is off the chain. So he just dropped his album and then I'm about to drop mine, and then we're going on this big ass tour, bro, Like a huge tour we're gonna do. I think right now it's at thirty thirty different states, but it's already growing. That's big, and it's gonna be me and him the only headliners, and we're gonna bring people out from different different areas, different areas. We're definitely tapping in with the homies from a Z, We're tapping in from uh some people from Reno. So everywhere we go we're gonna bring We're gonna bring somebody out from that city. That's fine. So if you're from that, from one of those cities, and we might be just sitting every fucking city, every state tapping with us, because you might just be on stage with us. States is a lot, brother. Yeah, And we ain't doing no little rooms, bro, We're doing these big rooms, you know what I'm saying. We just fucking sold out the the House of Blues in fucking in Las Vegas. Oh yeah, we did that, love that venue. I used to live in Vegas Venues dope, right, We sold that out twice or some legendary nights in that place. Yeah, that's just crazy for sure. I remember we went. The last time we did it. I was up till like seven am, gambling with stupid youers love the gamble? What do you? How do you get what? I played? Crabs? Craps is the best I played Crab, But my main game is Texas hold them.
Speaker 2: See, I don't know how to play poker, but I do love craps. The thing is, I never knew how to play craps. Head taught me to play craps like three or four years ago. You gotta, okay, just wait on a roller. I just it's because I wait on the shoot. My main game is roulette or blackjack, but craps is fun.
Speaker 1: Bro. You're losing on roulette and blackjack. No, no, no, I got a roulette strategy. I'll tell you about it. Its crazy, But craps, bro, if like you said, but you could come up quick, but you could lose quick. You can lose quick. Yeah, you can. Problem the type of motherfucker that buys all the numbers. I'm like, okay, cool, four hit. Let me hit that six in the eight and then I'll double. You know, if if I eight or six hits, I'll press it. I'll be like, right, just keep it on there, you know what I mean. But then that seven hits and you want to for god damn, Okay, so you just want all right, I'm on six and eight all day, six and eight of the two. Then I'm passing the line every day, all the whole time. You put your odds down, yeah, yeah, And then when I see that shooter, you know what I'm saying, You'll know who the shooter is. I mean maybe, no, for sure you'll see that motherfucker shooter. He'll I mean the last time I came up on that ship, he had like twenty four rolls before he hit the seven.
Speaker 2: I had a fucking role I was a part of in Vegas and it was like an hour and ten minutes straight, No, bro, I made.
Speaker 1: That's fucking crazy. I made like ten bands. Dude, Yeah, that's crazy. Sitting there and I was just like just sitting there acting it, cheering. And the one thing I've never hit though, Yeah, one thing I never hit.
Speaker 2: I've never hit because I've always like I always throw down for the the highs and the lows and then like all the numbers to where you you pretty much you bet the top, you know, where every every number has to hit for you to win. But like the odds are insane, right, I've never hit that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've got close. I've been like one number off. Okay, Yeah, you know it's funny. When we were gambling out there with Stuper Young, there was this lady and then stupid stup Young's homie. He was a shooter, so she kept calling him China Man. So every time China Man, China Man. Hilariously, Race I would have loved thatous. It was fun, bro like and that was happened to be standing next to her and I was just looking over there and seeing if Stuper Young was laughing. That was laughing. That's fucking comedy. It was amazing. So yeah, that tour, bro Like, I want to emphasize on that tour Summer Summer Okay albums in March. I was in March. We go on tour a little bit after that. It's going to be it's gonna be crazy, man. And I think this is going to be big because we are going to bring out some of the folks from out here as well, you know what I mean. I don't want to I don't want to give too many names out, but some of the upcoming rappers out here, we're going to bring them out, you know what I'm saying. Because me and Little Gee, we we're not hating on anybody, you know what I'm saying. We just quiet, bro. We just like to chill and just be in the house and you know what I mean, and we come out when it's time to come out. But you know, I'm really proud of what's going on right now. So you'll see some of the rappers that are coming up right now in La on this tour as well. Fire you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Well, listen, man, I appreciate you pulling up. Oh yeah, drummer boy. Now I'm coming out in March. We don't know the name yet, you.
Speaker 1: Don't know Do we know the date in March? You don't? Seventeen?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do seventeen. You got seventeen Saint Patrick's Day. Maybe that's definitely Saint Patrick's Day. As a white I should know that, right, I have a little bit of Irish. Yeah, I feel like I feel.
Speaker 1: Like you seem unsure. Is it the seventeens or not? Yeah? March seventeenth is St. St Patty's Day? All right? Wear green? Right? Yeah, you're supposed to.
Speaker 2: All right, everybody, you're supposed to if you're a fucking dueb and you want to drink some Dennis at a bar.
Speaker 1: With a bunch of strangers. But all right, man, nah, man, it's supposed you mean being here and ship you know what I'm saying. Of course, man, I appreciate you pulling up alright, drummer boy, your shirt boom