Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio of the George Washington Broadcast Center. Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty Armstrong and Getty Enough he Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 2: Alty's in Georgia reasicently, warrened parents to check their child's lunch after a student mistakenly had a canned cutwater lemon drop Martini in their lunch box, because even at that age, you're too mature for a cutwater lemon drop martini.
Speaker 1: Ah nice, you drink like your girl, shot man. I could have used a mixed drink in my lunch in school when I was in grade school. That would have help things, and to help things a lot. Don't even Dodgeball would have been a lot easier if I'd had a martini in under my belt. Bottom of this hour, About a half an hour from now, we're gonna talk to Mike Lyons, one of our favorite military analysts, about how the war is going in Iran. And you know we're at Warriner's. A heck of a lot going on. Trump just said just told CNN he's not worried whether Iran becomes a democratic state. Good. I think we all decided that was a failure the whole George W. Bush, We're going to impose democracy on all these countries that have never had it and don't want it. Yeah. Iran's a really interesting case in that it is. It has a long history of kings, I mean, almost the entire history of kings, and the Iotola might as well have been one. At the same time, they are people who demand, you know, the rights, property rights, speech rights, etc. And it's an interesting balance. So what it becomes nobody knows. But for them they get democracy. Maybe not. They should choose that themselves, though we should not spit upon them to that. Yeah. Yeah, here here another big update. The Israeli military pounded Ba Root Lebanon with air strikes today and issued more evacuation warnings as they intensified their campaign against Iran backed Hezbolah militants. As I mentioned earlier the well I'll just read it sentence this in the New York Times, Lebanon was fast becoming the most heated front in the metastasizing regional conflict that began with US Israeli strikes on a Ran a week ago. I think that as a wordsmith, I'm quibbling with the word metastasizing, because that implies a obviously a cancerous, unintended kind of random bad extension, and that's not what it is at all. It's okay, now it's time to do this. We are defeating these monsters for good, and now it's time for hesbola. So I'm looking at at metastasizing. That's the new front. I'm looking up at Martha Radditts on ABC News and she's featuring the Iyatola's son who's emerged as a possible taking over. And we told you the story about him yesterday. I just saw him. He looks like a guy who can't get an erection. I mean, she just has that look. That's the story about him. Yeah. It was in the hospital for two months because they couldn't get in a direction. I don't know what they do to you in the hospital. Why are you here? The doctor might say, I can't get an direction? Okay, And why are you here? By the way, I'm the Iatola's son, Okay. I hope you're comfortable. Let us know if you what would you like me to do show you porn or what am I supposed to do with about anything? Beyond that? You gotta you know, I don't go to a bar or something because I'm not helping you. Yeah, that is the story. Is that clever propaganda that credit the guy in the Muslim world? I think probably so he's got he's got a theatrical beard. He can't grow a beard, and there's no leading a pencil. I mean that you can't get elected in the Muslim world or you can't take control in the Muslim world with that, you know, resume, there's no hope in that camel Oh boy, oh boy, that was actually pretty good. Let's see what else is important to you know? Oh lord, this is degenerated, and I think, Michael, it's clear who's at fault because it's not my fault. Now, if the avalanche of idiocy continues, he says, excusing himself, there has been yet another scandal in Saudi Arabia involving botox use in a camel beauty contest. Wow, you remember this rocked the camel beauty contest world a few years ago. I'd forgotten that they have those live team coverage coming up. Let's see where I was I. Oh yeah, as Iran's retaliatory strikes against the US hit US allies in the Persian Gulf. Saudi Arabia's defense ministry said on Friday it had intercepted and destroyed three ballistic missiles launched toward the Prince Sultan Air Base, a military complex south of Riad. Qatar's foreign ministry said, yeah, they've been attacking us too, and they're not having it. One of the worst miscalculations ever. Europe and Canada are way wishy washing and keep changing their minds and reversing themselves. They're ridiculous. But European leaders, several of whom disapproved of the initial assault, have stepped up their deployment of military assets in the Middle East, moves they said aimed at protecting their citizens and interests, as well as crucial shipping routes. Now, I promise this last hour and here it is, the fabulous JT and Livermore says, let's explain how Iran can be two weeks from breakout for years on end, and I will congratulate you folks. In evance. You will now know the answer to this question. Because it is often asked like it's a rhetorical question. It's not a rhetorical question. It's a substantive question. You need two things to create a nuclear bomb. Fissile material concentrated enough to support a chain reaction, which is around ninety percent concentration for uranium in a bomb capable of carrying out a controlled concintination of two lumps of fissile material into one lump's, preferably holding it together long enough to supercharge the chain reaction process. Iran has plenty of fissile material, some of which is that sixty percent concentration. Growing going from sixty to ninety would take about two weeks. Iran does not have a working bomb design, nor do they have the much more difficult missile capable bomb design that can be put on a ballistic missile. I think he means warhead. But that said, Iran may figure out the bomb park tomorrow or next week, or in two weeks, and since we don't know when that will happen, the breakout period is really defined by the minimum time it would take to create a working bomb. From the moment they create a working bomb design. You may be asking, why don't they just go ahead and get to ninety percent now than their breakout time would be zero. The short answer, it is much more difficult, expensive, and dangerous to handle fissile material at that concentration. Plus, there is zero use for ninety percent concentration other than making nuclear bombs, So any plausible dyn deniability that they have on legitimate research needs that ninety percent is non existent. Enough of that fizzle material. That was one of the features of the Oppenheimer movie. They had the big bowl with the whatever the marbles they were putting in it or whatever, to show how close they were to getting the amount that they needed, which is kind of interesting. That's the whole game. I'm kinda surprised Iran hasn't been able to buy or beg the effective warhead design from save Russia or North Korea or some malevolent actor, right, I think the like I see with North Korea, why it's a big deal. They've got the bomb, but what are they going to do without a rocket or a missile that can send it somewhere and then they may have the technology do that. Now Iran, they just need the bomb. I mean, they're so close to Israel. I don't know that they need a rocket. You get it over there in a boat or somehow practically. Trevo shay it In, Yeah from Gaza, Well you used to be able to you wouldn't think perhaps that I can do the Britney Spears dui story and turn it into a constitutional legal question. But I will tie it to her ex boyfriend, Justin Timberlake, who is suing currently to keep the footage of his DUI arrest from coming out. And it's kind of it's a pretty interesting question. And I'm I'm on this, I'm on I'm on his side, I think. But we can get to that. Oh and the Britney Spears stuff is just silly, and what a what a mess she is.
Speaker 3: Alone.
Speaker 1: Britney needs to leave Britney alone. Son, Brittany needs to leave the bottle alone. Oh clearly anyway, stay here for lots of stuff. I shouldn't hear.
Speaker 4: The mission One American Zoo out to save the endangered elephants. It's opening day at the San Diego Zoo Safari Parks spectacular New Elephant Valley, the largest project the Zoo's one hundred nine year history, visitors able to get closer to the endangered African savannah elephants than ever before. Just sprawling thirteen acres, allowing the elephants to roam freely, the trees and plants native to Africa, meant to mirror their natural landscape. The year's long project made possible with more than four thousand donors, and it's part of the nonprofit San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance, dedicated to global wildlife research and conservation.
Speaker 1: Hey, David mir I realize you're the host of the number one most watched news show in America, so you'd probably tell me shut up. But why the same tone of voice for a new elephant habitat as first six died in Iran? That knows jackasses? Which is weird? Isn't that that he doesn't have different gears? Oh, it's bizarre. Most of your news people have their lighthearted tone that they go with a new elephant enclosure and then your serious voice for six soldiers killed in an attack in Iran. But he has the same voice no matter what it is, which is weird. It sounds pretty good. One of the best is too busy in the gym to develop another gear. One of the best zoos in the world is got their biggest thing they've ever done. Well, that sounds pretty cool. Yeah, they should have hit me up for a donation and being happy to help. But love the San Diego, Zoo. Remember a more innocent time, Gladys, Do you remember a more innocent time when Justin Timberlake and Britney Spears were young Disney stars that had to deny they were dating and probably smoking pot and having sex, which I think is a more innocent time. I think they've all confirmed they were, but that they're supposed to be just smiling Disney people who were friends, and they were both young and hot and underage, so they had to keep that all secret. And then they went on to be giant stars. Justin Timberlake like a incredibly talented, very very big pop star. Britney Spears mostly a big star because she's so hot. Her music always of medium grade, to my opinion, but medium grade is it a componiment it does not deserve. Justin Timberlake's life seemed to be pretty on the rails, married kids, has a good reputation, but got arrested in a dui last year, which we're gonna get to in a second. Britney Spears, as we all know, she's been off the rails her entire life, really, and you know you would be too if you're a child star, sexpot with her parents starting at a young age, your life would have been off the rails too, So I don't really judge her for that, but man, she is a mess. She has had nine to one one called about her house or from her house many many times in the last year. She lives in this I'm looking at this picture of this mansion. I don't have a value on it, but her Thousand Oaks SoCal La Area mansion is stunning. The thing is a compound. It looks like it's a hospital complex or a community college or something with tennis courts and pools, and it's just enormous. So she obviously one did pretty well and two still has control of enough money because that's quite the home. Who She got arrested for DUI night before last in Ventura County and she was driving her super fancy. I think she was in her what's that suv thing that the Mercedes makes that's designed to climb up a mountain that all the hotties and movie stars and rich people drive and never do anything more than we go to you know, to yoga rodeo, drive yoga class and back. But it's designed whatever. She was drunken. Apparently she cried the entire time she was in jail. It's you know, I feel bad for a lot of calls to nine one one or about her claiming somebody is trying to trespass, which might be she's probably getting involved with all kinds of n'ar to wells. If you've ever seen any of the videos she puts out regularly, where she'll just put out a video she gets dressed up in her hotty gear. I think she misses the days when she was like the number one sex pot in the world. And sometimes she gets all drunked up or high or whatever she does, and she puts on one of her hotty outfits and dances around in her and then posts it. Yeah, I don't know what that is. I feel bad for her. Sad, that's what it is. Lots of wellness check nine one one calls about her house. I don't know who's calling those in. Somebody who's probably like and I just left Britney's house and she ain't doing so good. How much you go check on her? I ain't heard from her for a while. That sort of thing. No idea anyway, Transitioning to something real and maybe actually even important. Justin Timberlakes, dui goes back all the way to June twenty twenty four. At this point, you know it'll be two years here. Pretty soon. He was in Sagharbor, New York. He left a bar, look kind of drunk, getting in his car, he runs a stop sign, driving erradically, gets pulled out, does the stupid human tricks that Todd Snyder would call them, and and he's drunk. So it's the deal. He gets a DWI. Well, now he is suing, and this is important, pled guilty to a reduced charge of driving while impaired, a non criminal traffic violation. That's what he pled guilty to of. That's what we as society decided was the penalty we would agree to. All right, And almost all DUIs are a misdemeanor. Unless there's aggravating circumstances of it being multiple times, or you're over a certain speed, or you hit somebody or whatever, they're almost always a misdemeanor. So he's suing to keep the body camera footage from becoming public. Somebody did a foyer request freedom of information request, probably TMZ or the National Inquirer or somebody like that. It's not to help us safe as Americans be safe as Americans. It's to you know, tonight ONDMZ first time footage of Justin Timberlake's arrest. It's going to be that sort of stuff to exert it in short eight hours of footage of the arrest, the talking to him, the taking him to jail, and then him being in custody, and then him getting out. They have the whole thing on camera, and there's an a t to get this released, and according to the law, that's what's supposed to happen. But Timberlake is suing, saying that the videos dissemination served zero public interest, which I would agree, and could lead to economic hardship. They did agree to delay the release pending a resolution. The case is ongoing, it's being bumped up to other courts. It's going to get looked at it various times. I've always thought that we got to figure out a way around this. A misdemeanor crime should not serve to come with the penalty of incredible embarrassment to you if you're aknown figure in your community on all Oh yeah, yeah, I would agree. I mean all that hours of him being booked and the rest of it, maybe his nose was really itchy, and he's rubbing at his nose and blowing his nose. Here's my solution, and I've just thought about this for ten seconds. But there needs to be standing for a Foyer request, and it can be extremely broad. I'm a citizen, I pay taxes and this agency is doing X Y Z. I have a right to know how they handled DUI checkpoints. Well, I don't know if that applies given the embarrassment to j T. That's a tough one. It's an interesting question. I don't think it should. I don't think we should be able to see it. I don't think it does serve anything. But how you how you do that? Like there Tommy List, who was the baseball coach that we used to make fun of. He was Tony LaRussa used to coach the Cardinals and the A's and a bunch of other teams. And he was sleeping at a stoplight and they woke him up and they asked him to do the alphabet backwards, and he said several letters in a row and all this different sort of stuff, and we mocked that and had fun with them. But that didn't serve any public interest other than mirth. Correct highly embarrassed a guy over I think what was a misdemeanor? Also a mister mean when their crime comes with a lifetime of ridicule. Now I feel bad about my mirth. Michael, find that podcast in arrased place. Oh, we've done it many times. I don't drink, so it doesn't apply to me. But yeah, I'll be interested to see how I can see you becoming involved in some sort of hijinks that would yield a good video sometimes. Oh yeah, I definitely do. Let's not crossing off the positives. No, no, it's one hundred on the list of possibility. We got mic lines coming up to talk about Iran. Let us know what you think about that whole releasing the Dui footage, Yes or no? Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 5: The Iranian government is vowing not to back down, not to negotiate with the United States, and Iran's military says that it is going to continue targeting not just US assets here in this region, like military bases in the Gulf States, but of course continue to target Israel as well. The Iranians are saying that their missile stockpiles are still very much filled and that their missiles are very capable as.
Speaker 1: Well, you never know. It's blustering. What's not. Several got through in Israel last night. One thing I want to talk to Mike Lanes about is what is the likelihood that Ukraine, Israel, US, a bunch of people run out of these defensive pieces of equipment we've got and then all of a sudden the reins of drones and rockets and everything start getting through. Let's start there with military analysts, Mike Allons. Mike, it's always great to have you. Why don't we start there? What do you think? How much ordnance do we have and how short are the supplies? Looking?
Speaker 6: Well, there's two issues here, right there's the defense of these smissiles coming towards Israel and yet the US bases and the Middle Eastern countries. But then there's the offensive side to it. We have plenty of the offensive weapons. So I think this comes down to once again, archers and arrows, and if we go after the archers and then we take away their capability to have arrows, and we're going to accomplish the same thing. Took that from the Sencom Commander yesterday. We don't want to be on the defensive. These these missiles are very expensive. You know, those Block four and five missiles that we have in the destroyers. I was talking to my son about this last night. You know, twenty five to thirty million dollars for those missile systems that you know, we're developed under Obama and it's you know, we've got to thank in some ways that that administration for having a foresight to understand this, and they're really to protect the carrier, right those are the kind of weapon systems there, but those are being deployed out there right now. So there's definitely an economic side to this. But I guess to your question, I don't see us running out of either side.
Speaker 1: We'll get them.
Speaker 6: From someplace, but we're not going to get to that point because we're going to take out We're going to take out all the archers before before they launch them.
Speaker 1: Mike, I read with interest about Iran's missile cities they call them. They spent decades constructing these underground bunkers to shield their missile arsenal. But apparently now we know more or less where they are, and we're just circling them and waiting until they stick their heads up and then blowing the hell out of them.
Speaker 6: Yeah, this is the other positive side of the autonomous systems that we have. The drones we have right in the old days and you know, thirty years ago when we were scud hunting, we had to do that with live pilots and they had to you know, take a break and go back and we had to refuel. Now we can put these these reaper drones and we could put them on station. They could just sit up there in the loiter for twelve hours at a time and more than that. And some some Air Force officer in Nevada has got a joystick and he's watching on a screen and again the second pay move, next thing you know, they've got you know, hell fire missiles running down on them. So again, the little technology we've brought to the battle, the level of intelligence that we have is really putting a cramp on any kind of their ability to be the archer to launch those arrows.
Speaker 1: So we're all I'm sorry, let me jump in just very briefly. US Central Command said yesterday that Iron's missile launchers have dropped. Launchers have dropped eighty six percent in four days. Wow, So that strategy is working, Jack back to you. Sorry. So we are for the most part layman. You know, watching this and I don't know if you, like ever watched a basketball game or a football game with somebody who actually played professionally, they start pointing out things that you never think about. I'm asking you that question as somebody who has been there, done that when it comes to war in the Middle East, Like, what has gotten your attention or you're talking about that most of us are missing?
Speaker 6: Yeah, just the uniqueness of Iran trying to fight an air war of attrition. You never have seen that before. Right, We've seen wars of attrition on the ground against great powers and countries in World War One and grinding and inch by inch. The only way that the Iranians survived this is if they can do what you said initially, try to get the United States to expend its missile defense capability, and which is why they're going to be selective on what they're fighting. So they're going to try to win a war of air attrition. We've never seen something like that happen before. Now, frankly, they have no chance, and a lot of it is because they have no allies. I mean the issue, you know, Russia is not there, the Chinese aren't there, all. All this may be soft power they're providing to them is helping on some level, but they have no shot at doing this. But it's worth it.
Speaker 1: It's the only.
Speaker 6: Strategy that they can deploy right now. So from my perspective from a guy who's on the ground that you know, has watched you know, things happen, and from the air powers perspective, Look, I was in Desert Storm for thirty seven days and we watched the air strikes go on, but at the end of the day, we had to still go We had to still unleash ground troops. This might be one situation where again no large formations are showing up. One more, one more thing. I was at your first Academy the other day and we're talking to some of their professors about the eight tens are there. So the A tens are a tactical air fighting vehicle and they're being used now against drones. And the A ten is from an army perspective, it's something that it's our friend. We saw them in Desert Storm again and they're just incredible against against tanks. But the level of equipment that we brought to the fight here in order to go against the drones and go against Iran is you know, everything's off the table. So again, an air war of attrition is something we've never seen before.
Speaker 1: Do you think Russia and to a greater extent, China, what lessons are they taking from what they're observing right now?
Speaker 6: Oh, China is in trouble. We are totally threatening their energy security. And this is another thing no one's talking about. And I think that you know, China has watched Germany and France in the Second World War or Japan. I'm sorry Germany and Japan lose the Second World War because they couldn't keep up with the industrial base. China, I think, looked at Desert Storm, looked at the United States military power, tried to create the supply chain that the US would be reliant on and hold these kind of choke points when it comes to energy. They just don't have the same energy that the United States has access to and all of and China has been on the sidelines, right because why aren't they supporting the Iranians, Why aren't they sending military equipment there? Well, that's because they're very passive and they just they just can't seem to commit there because they thought they would never have this place, Donald Trump, what this administration has done now taking away their oil that came from Venezuela. Now, if we end up controlling the oil within the Middle East and coming you know, from from through the straighter from moots here, Chinese energy is in real trouble. Their security is in trouble. And this could you know that there's no way that they can invade Taiwan right now.
Speaker 1: They don't.
Speaker 6: They don't have the amount of energy that it's going to take to sustain any kind of combat operations there. I think the dirty little secrets to that though, is I just I'm not sure the United States military would do much if that was the case. But anyway, I think China right now is really very concerned about how the US has projected power so quickly and has really put their energy in big trouble.
Speaker 1: So, speaking of China, I meant to ask this the other day. I've been wondering. I assume this war with Iran will be over in a couple of months. We we, for better or worse, have been involved in a lot of military activity around the world, so we have a lot of experienced people out there. How much advantage is that verse. This is a country like China that really hasn't been in battle in a very long time.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think it is an advantage. And although when we first went to combat, you know, when I first went to combat, I didn't have any advantage too, But then you gain it quickly.
Speaker 1: But we do.
Speaker 6: We've got you know, we're great power with in our DNA that that is good at combat, it's good at war and in a lot of ways because we don't pay attention to our doctrine. We have Americans that when they fight these wars, they take great initiative. In these other countries, it's so culturally different. I mean again, it's the great thing I think about our country. But yeah, so you know, the Chinese have great equipment, but maybe not the Chinese is looking at our navy absolutely destroy the Iranian navy, think it to the bottom of the sea. Well, the Chinese had a lot to do with formulating the Iranian navy as well. When this is going to be over, though, when is it going to be over is when we're going to find somebody. We're going to break the mold here from the last fifty years. We're going to find somebody in Iran to stand up and say we surrender. And I saw something that the Trump put out there. I think this morning about it. We're not We're not going to play this game anymore about you know, ceasefire and all this other stuff. You know, watching people try to say we're committing wark crimes by sinking ships and not rescuing survivors is just again beyond the pale here great powers. We're in a great power struggle right now, and we're just overtly displaying our power and we're not stopping until they say surrender.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The challenge obviously, and the surrender question is, I mean the highest ranking official and Iran might be the assistant manager of a grocery store at this point, who who surrenders and who's with them?
Speaker 6: Yeah, and you're right, it's the assistant to the general manager. Could be that. I don't know, they're going to find somebody is really, I'm sure working on it. And you know, look at it's the Venezuela situation. We're going to keep going until we find someone that has any kind of authority that wants to negotiate. Now. Also, you saw the Kurds have entered the bat the fight. They could be this this force on the ground that could, that could, but that keeps the Revolutionary guards at bay. So again, big country, lots of lots of time to go, but we're not again, We're not stopping until we find that person that says I surrender. We're going to do a battleship Missouri, get a thousand sailors having signed some kind of document and declare victory. That's the only way it's happening.
Speaker 1: Military analyst Mike lyons, Mike, great stuff. We will look forward to chatting again. Have a great weekend. Thanks, thanks for having Thanks Mike. That whole curd thing is really interesting. So there's a whole bunch of Kurds in Iraq, there's a whole bunch of Kurds in Turkey. Then they've been wanting their own state forever. They have helped us a whole bunch of different times. This might be the time that they think it's now or never for us to carve out a chunk of land. Yeah. At the same time, did you see and I thought I had it, I can't find it. There was a letter from the first Lady of Iraq, who is Kurdish evidently, and she said, you screwed us in ninety two when you blah blah blah, and then we stood up for you against ISIS, and all of a sudden, we weren't your good buddies when Turkey complained or whatever. The Kurds are not your hired gunman, leave us alone. So I wonder how widespread that sentiment is. Well, then, so there was talk yesterday, I don't know how long that lasted, or of the Kurds putting together a military and moving into Iran. And then Trump made that announcement that he'd give air cover to any group that wants to go in there right to be in charge and kick out the old regime. So, man, who knows what direction this is going? Well, thank god, we don't have to worry about sectarian violence much in the United States, but we do have to worry about junkies and scumbags, especially in Blue states. You get turned loose over and over again. You want to protect yourself, your family, your stuff. And that's why I simply save Active Guard. Outdoor protection is so amazing. While other companies just send you alert an alert, Hey somebody's breaking in your window. You're like, I'm flying, I'm in a meeting. I'm in the shower. Simply Safe has live monitoring agents who can take action for you. Yeah. I have simply Safe, Absolutely love it. Simply Safe Active guard outdoor protection can help prevent break ins before they happen. And while other security companies lock you in, Simply Safe comes with no long term contract. That's because they earn your trust every day. You're gonna stay with the company because you like it. Yeah, they are so good and right now y'all can get fifty percent off their new simply Safe systems. That's simply Safe dot Com slash armstrong. That's Simplysafe dot Com slash armstrong fifty percent off if you use our code. It's about a dollar a day for that incredible monitoring. You're saving money from your junkie old system. Simply Safe dot Com slash armstrong. There's no safe flags. Simply Safe good news if you're a chiefs and or Patrick Mahomes fan. Also, we need to check in on the burn Wars with that McDonald's CEO burger tasting video that has gotten so much attention and Gavin Newsom getting a well deserved kicking. He ain't gonna be the nominee. No, way, Wow, that's your prediction. That is my prediction, not even the nominee, let alone elected president that kind of chance. Stay tuned before we get to that McDonald's burger commercial that's getting so much attention. Maybe your kid has a Patrick Mahomes jersey no matter where you live, because when I was a kid, I was a Miami Dolphins fan. You know why because I was a little kid and they won the Super Bowl a couple of times, so I was rooting for the team that that won, and a lot of my friends were Pittsburgh Steeler fans. So I know so many kids that have Patrick Mahomes jerseys because the Chiefs have been the best team for practically a decade.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: He you're a bandwagon jumper early as childhood. Disgusting.
Speaker 5: So he.
Speaker 1: Tore his acl last game of the season, and they didn't know if he'd be able to play this year at all, maybe half the season. It looks like he's gonna be ready to start. And I was just reading some descriptions from the doctors and the trainers saying he does not have the normal body. He does not having the normal pain tolerance, and he does not have the normal healing process. They don't exactly know what all is going on there, but all for the better, All for the better. Yes, yes, yes, yes, he hasn't so he's gonna be ready to go. This was clearly a win for McDonald's clearly. I mean, I guarantee you the CEO is thrilled, even though he's being mocked all around the world for his kind of goofy video he put out about tasting their new sandwich. Everybody knows about the sandwich now. They couldn't if they'd have spent a billion dollars on commercials, there wouldn't be as many people know about the new sandwich as know about it now. And you know it's funny. In your introduction you called it a commercial, which it isn't. But of course it is right, the new viral video as commercial. It's a zillion dollars worth of advertising. That's why they work so hard on making them this one, I think unintentionally. So it's just him sitting at the table in the lunch room there at Mcdonald'sville, USA, looking like a dweeb with the new sandwich. It sounds like this, Chris.
Speaker 7: K here with you've heard about it here. It is the Big Arch. I'm gonna do it tasting right now, but I'm gonna eat this for my lunch, just so you know. So here we go.
Speaker 1: First, Holy cow, god, that is a big burger. So much going on with this. First of all, let's okay, we're going to it to the comedian mocking it, who plays a lot of it too. So one comedian mocking at every comedian is mocked in. There are gazillions of memes out there, including among the CEOs of the various burger places. The Burger King Guy did one, The Jack in the Box guy did one. Everybody's done one of some version or another. That that are all pretty funny. But here's a comedian talking about it.
Speaker 3: So I've just seen a video of the McDonald's CEO eaten a McDonald's and it's probably the funniest thing I've ever seen in my life.
Speaker 1: The Big Arch.
Speaker 7: This is something that we have tested already Portugal, Germany, Canada.
Speaker 3: We've tested it on the Germans and the Canadians and now we believe it may even be fit for human consumption.
Speaker 1: Love this product. It is so good.
Speaker 3: I love to consume this product. Yeah, give me two burger product place this man does not eat McDonald's. He looks like he would try and read the ingredients on the back of a banana.
Speaker 7: I do a tasting right now, but I'm gonna eat this for my lunch.
Speaker 3: Just so you know, he's making excuses as to why he's not gonna eat the barger. I will allow the product to enter Ada later to it during my launch. It's been tested on the Canadians. I'm not a friend of them.
Speaker 1: I kind of get this thing. I don't even know how to attack it.
Speaker 3: The man doesn't even know how to hold a barger. Why'd you let him on here without any practice?
Speaker 1: That is funny. He looks like he'd read the ingredients on the back of a banana. That is funny. I don't even know how to Oh my gosh, look at this. I saw another comedian the other day because it's going through there and you got this. You got this bread on the Yeah, it's a bun. It's a bun. We've all seen a bun. It's like every bum on every birdy sh lighting up. I don't know how to attack this. Hand it to me, I'll show it. And of course the funniest part is he takes such a tiny little nibble of it. Oh, kind of like if you tell your kids to try something that they think or no, they're not gonna like we take a tiny little bite and say, okay, it just sits in the little nibble and then sets it down conspicuous cut where he clearly spit it out. And yet and yet it's because it's a Grand Slam home run to McDonald's, absolutely a home run that everybody's talking about the Big Arch in the New Sandwich. Yeah. Yeah, we were talking yesterday later in the show if you missed it, about the influencer economy and the tens hundreds of billions of dollars now that are flowing into you know, dweebs you've never heard of in your life who have one point seven million followers on instagrammer YouTube or TikTok or whatever. We'll say, Oh my god, I just used this whatever, lipstick, garden hose, you know, guitar string, just every you know, subcategory of the economy. Yeah. Uh, And so what is the Big Arch? What is it? Roughly, I've never paid attention to the commercial of the actual details of it. And what way is it different than the other What was the other that Carls Junior or somebody had the ten dollars burger or something like that. It's almost like, yeah, good point. It's just like that, this is the super deluxe. All Right, you like McDonald's, but you're not poor. Here's a here's a real burger for you, fantastic dollar menu or real burger dollar menu to the left place. That's that sort of thing. Trump announced he must have a role in choosing Iran's next leader and called the son of the Iola who can't get direction unacceptable, probably because of his lack of virility. Yes, and particularly how do we feel about the Trump saying I should have a role in choosing the next leader?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: In effact, Yeah, if somebody surrenders to you in more time, that's that's kind of assumed almost, I think tell you who you shouldn't assume is going to be a leader, as Gavin knew, somewhat a weak act. He is Details on that to come. Mark Wayne Mullen excellent choice for DHS should have been the first choice. Problem is not what are you doing? Not from where I sit? No, but you live and learn all of that more next hour. If you can't stick around, grab it via podcast Armstrong e Getty on demand Armstrong and Getty