Speaker 1: Cut booms.
Speaker 2: If you thought four hours a day, twelve hundred minutes a week was enough, think again. He's the last remnants of the old Republic, a sole fastion of fairness. He treats crackheads in the ghetto cutter the same as the rich pill poppers in the penthouse.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: The clearing House of Hot takes break free for something special. The Fifth Hour with Ben Maller starts right now.
Speaker 4: In the air everywhere, The Fifth Hour with Ben Mahlor and in for the Flying Hawaiian Danny G Radio.
Speaker 1: We've got my buddy Alex Tyshirt, better known in my world as Alex le Vegan, a fellow Inner Minute Faster. We are both members of the cult. Yes, and we've talked about that a fair amount. But we're back at it again and the Sunday Podcast on this tenth day of March all about out the mail bag. But before we get to the mailbag, we have to celebrate National Landline Telephone Day because today is National Landline Telephone Day, a big day's At one point, the phone company's made so much money off those landline phones, right, that was how they made their money. Yes, how many people have landline phones? I don't have a landline? No, do you does your does your mom have a We.
Speaker 3: Have nothing at the house.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But you know, if I remember when they when the cell phone took over, they were like, well, if there's an earthquake, the cell phones won't work and your landline and it's a Yeah. It's also a terrible that it is National ranch Day, which is a terrible day. The devil's blood well, a day to celebrate the demon ranch dressing, which is absolutely horrific.
Speaker 3: I'm getting the vibrant not a ranch guy, ben uh.
Speaker 1: I made that pretty clear over the years, my disdain for the rotting ranch addressing. Not not a fan. And what else is it? Today's a National Pack your Lunch Day? Wow? Okay, yeah, it's a National pack your lunch Day. That's always a big day. Check your batteries day, important, big day of my house. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So some of the dopey holidays, so many just stacking on every day. It's crazy.
Speaker 1: Every day is a dopey holidays. National Pretzel Sunday not to be confused with National Pretzel Day, but its National Prestel Sunday Pretzel Sunday today. So let's get to the mail bag. These are actual questions by actual listeners to the show, and here we go, here we go, here we.
Speaker 2: Go.
Speaker 1: Yes, all right, So the first one thanks to ohio a who So anyway, the first one comes from Kevin, who is in Kansas, and Kevin says, dear Ben and Alex Ben, I enjoyed your discussion on the radio about Joe DiMaggio and how you snuck out through the kitchen when you went to his hotel, or when he snuck out through the kitchen when you went to see him at his hotel in San Diego to get an autograph. I've never had to worry about doing something like that. But as you've become more famous and recognized, Kevin says, have you ever had to sneak out of someplace to avoid your fans or do you find yourself planning a quick escape route when you go out in public. Well, I'm flattered, Kevin that you think the overnight radio guy has to is being treated like Taylor Swift. I'm I'm flattered that that that is the case. But yeah, fortunately I'm pretty good. I'm pretty good in that department. Although I do love that quote, and I've used this quite a bit. It's an old Danny Kay quote. It's old actor about sunglasses, and it says, the definition of a celebrity is one who works their entire life to be famous, to be known, and then goes through backstreets wearing dark glasses to avoid anyone recognizing them. Right, That's pretty much. But that's that's almost a dated quote because it's like in the TikTok social media world, I don't see a lot of people.
Speaker 3: Wearing dark glasses trying to be recognized, yeah anymore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like I'm guessing Taylor Swift probably does that when she's out. She's not, you know, doing things. But the only time I've had to get away from people, well, I shouldn't say the only time. The only time I remember right now was the famous story at a Mallard meet and greet in Boston in twenty nineteen. It was in I think it was April of twenty nineteen, and I was doing some filling stuff on Wei in Boston, and I went back there to do some shows and I had a Mallard meet and greet. We did it at the Cask and Flagging, which is to paint the picture, Alex, it's this really old bark is everything in Boston's Old right across from the historic Finway poc oh poc where the Red Sox play, and we had a great turnout. We had people from all over the New England States. David from Winter Park, Florida, I drove up from Florida. Wow, for a two hour meet and greet. We had a guy from Toronto that was there, but one of the gentlemen who was a little over the top, bombastic and in your face. And I liked the guy, but he's he's a character. Wayne from Southey, Okay, Wayne, typical stereotype guy from Southeye, Wayne, you know, just a playful, in your face kind of guy. Southee is where Whitey Bulger's from, the famous Mobster. We talked about Mobster for this weekend. Whitey Bulger from south Man. Wayne's not the mob but he's just a typical Boston guy. And he hadn't he hadn't had a drink in seven years, the famous sound by I hadn't had a drink in seven years. I did it for Mallor And so he starts drinking and buying me drinks and he's getting upset. I'm not drinking enough because I'm trying to socialize. I'm an introvert, as you know, and I'm trying to go out there and I'm not a blabber mouth, but I'm trying to be polite and people. People took time out of their lives to come say hello to me. It's kind of a cool thing, you know. I feel like that's a big thing. The most important thing we have is our time, and so for somebody to do that, it's a very important thing. So I try to be nice and hello and greet people. So Wayne, you know, he thought me and him were now we were best friends, you know, because we've we've had beers and we we were just buddies, you know, from the radio. And it was just it was just craziness. And so anyway, as the night went on, the event was kind of winding down from my end my commitment to be there. I had said I was going to be there X amount of time, and we were getting close to the end of the time and I was going to remain for a little bit because there were still people there that wanted to hang out. And I was like, all right, that's fine. And you know, I'm not the party guy. But Wayne's like, hey, I got a night, let's go bar hopping. He wanted, and he thought he was going to take me, right, I put my my my goodie bag or maybe that's my my my briefcase, whatever I had, and we just go bar hopping, you know, that party of the night away, right, And so he's got this whole plant. Then it's like him, me and a couple of the other listeners that were there, Blind Scott, there was the guy from Toronto, this couple from Maine, and so we were all gonna go borropping, and so Wayne, I'll never forget it. It's a funny, funny thing, Alex. So Wayne says, hold on, I gotta go to the bathroom, right, Okay, So he goes to the back where the bathroom is. The cask and Flagging actually was kind of in the middle, but we were in the front and so it looked like the back. And so he goes to the bathroom and then I had this epiphany. I was like, this is my chance, this is my jail. So I grabbed a couple of the listeners. I said, let's get out of here before before Wayne. Wayne gets out of the bathroom, and we we took off We didn't even know where we were going. We just like started walking. Amazing. We had blind Scott was leading us, uh you know, blind guy leading us. Smart. Yeah, yeah, we didn't know. We had a guy from Toronto, a couple from Maine. You know, they don't know the geography of bo and so we we started walking around. We actually went down. It was funny. We went to a hotel. This guy, Vinnie, a friend who was a listener. He told me the hotel he was working out in Boston. So we walked. We saw the sign on you know, skyscraper, big hotel had the name of the hotels, like a Marriott or whatever. So we walked down to the hotel and hung out with Vinnie for a little bit. So it was an interesting night. But that's the only time I've had to really get out of anywhere, and I didn't necessarily have to get out of there. But yeah, I'm not planning to go through kitchens like show Imagio when I was when I was younger, trying to get his autograph and he stuck through the kitchen at a five star hotel in San Diego. Now you're a TikTok guy, You're a big social media influence. Yes, and have you ever had to sneak out of anywhere? Maybe he didn't have money for the bill.
Speaker 3: I will say, I'm very responsible and I'll make sure that I can afford the things that I go to. But the thing that's funny is so when the anime stuff was really popping off, So this was probably two years ago now or see me about a year ago with SEMPI and everything. So the trickling effect we had from we Nation and the crazy fanom we were growing, and it took us out to Texas. We went out to Pittsburgh. We were going to all these events because we're getting invited. I always had the recognition. People knew my content, the show, they loved my stuff. So everybody was really cool. We had great times. We would go to karaoke out in Texas. We were singing, dancing and drinking. It's like soju. I don't know if you ever had soju ben, but be careful. That stuff is deadly. It tastes like a Capri sun, but it'll get you completely fucked up, so just be careful about it. And so I never had issues, right, but then when I started doing SEMPI and started em seeing these events and being the host and hosting these cosplay events. The anime community has a lot of interesting people. They're all full of love, but a lot of them are more introverted and just not sociably acceptable. You could say a lot of them smell that's like a big standard in his like deodoran stuff. So I've never had a weird situation where I've ever had to like duck out or go to a bathroom or hide. But there have been situations where I'll get so caught up with these combos with people because they love my stuff that it actually like almost makes me late to go to the next stage or something. So I'd be like, oh, yeah, like come over here and I'll introduce them to. What I would do is I call it the pawnoff. So I would go to a booth where I knew some of the vendors and they had great stuff.
Speaker 1: I was like, Hi, I just met this guy.
Speaker 3: This is like Carrie and Caitlin or whatever it is, and I wanted to introduce you guys so they can see some of your stuffy're time about. I got to go to the stage, So I would do the pawn off. But I never had to duck, dip, dodge, or any of the d's from dodgeball. So thankful these none of the Thankfully, it was all good. Yeah, it was all good. But a did move. I did have ben is for when we would do some meet and greets. There's a place out here in the City of Industry. It's called Frankinson's. It's like a giant convention area every Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday, and it's like over two hundred vendors. They sell trading cards, anime collectibles, sports cards, you name it. It's like a giant place that's like a little mini convention. And so what we would do is every time we would set up a meet and greet, we would set it up there because then at least it's a public setting. We're all there enjoying ourselves and then say if it was weird or if somebody was just a little bit off or whatever it is, it was really easy to leave because we'd be like, all right, guys, we had to go to record a podcast or some content or anything. So we would set it up to have an easy out. But thankfully, again, I never had to do a Taylor Swift or duck you you know, in a kitchen or something like that.
Speaker 1: So no, no, I got Well, you mentioned Dodgeball and one of my favorite quotes from Dodgeball patches o'halan. If you can dodge a wrench.
Speaker 3: You dodgeball.
Speaker 1: It's a great quote. I love it. Dog quote. That's true, that is true, dodger wrench. That's not wrong, it's it's factually correct. It's a factually correct statement. And I think also in Dodgeball the quote that's a bold move cotton. Yes, that's also yes, bold move cut. There's a couple of big quotes that came out of it.
Speaker 3: It's a great movie.
Speaker 1: Am I wrong? Am I am? I being an old man saying I don't think the movies these days are as quotable. No they're not. Yeah, okay, trust so you agree with you? Oh movie, young guy?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Ben, seventies, eighties, nineties and some early two thousands are best of the cinematography we had. It's crazy to say most stuff now is just streaming. It's it's they don't want to do movies because Hollywood.
Speaker 1: But well, yeah, I and even the streaming stuff is like is it what? What are There's nothing? Everyone's watching? You know what? I mean, like the thing about Dodgeball is in those days, you had to go see the movies because there was not much else. Everything's so spread out across the piece of bread that you know, a little bit here, a little bit there. But there's no communal movies where you have to watch.
Speaker 3: There's too many options too, if you think about it, just too much.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I can't even stay awake in the movie a movie theater. I fall. Do you knock out? Yeah? I do. My wife last movie I saw was like the Barbie movie last year. Okay, w like, let's go see that. And I said, my deal is always get me a popcorn or whatever and I'll, you know, I'll sit through the movie. She gives me popcorn and within like ten minutes, I'm just no kidding. Yeah, I'm just snoozing.
Speaker 3: That's incredible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's fall asleep like I don't. I'm a terrible sleeper too. Really, Yeah, I don't sleep. Well, let's see what's next, Pierre writes in from Springfield, mass He says technology update says I do not know if this is a result of the latest Apple iPhone update or if this has always been an option, but he says that on the podcast. Now they have a transcript which is now available. You can read alongside listening to our podcast. That's kind of cool.
Speaker 3: AI integration Baby, that's AI my man, the world over my mind.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, he sent me a screenshot. That's pretty cool. Yes, that's pretty neat. It's my my bloviating and a Mallord monologue is all written down and you can read along. See when I'm watching movies, my wife likes to have captions, right, get captions. I don't really like it takes away from it. I want to. I don't want to read it, you know, I want to. I want to enjoy it. I want to let it breathe in my had I want to read it. I get book. Yeah, exactly exactly What is next? Nick in Wisconsin rights and says, hey, Ben and Alex when you are traveling, do you rent a car or use uber to get around? Also, Ben, when is there going to be a Benny Award for the Fifth Hour contributor of the year. Oh, that's a great point, Nick, And that is an oversight. We have not had any Contributor of the Year for the Fifth Hour. We'll have to add that next year. I think that's a great idea that's a bad job by the Blue Ribbon Panel. As far as traveling, yeah, we normally normally rant a car. What I like to do is rent a car and drive around a region and kind of soak it all in. Like I've I've done. I've driven through Pennsylvania from Philly to Pittsburgh, drove up to Buffalo, down to New York. I've driven all the New England states. I've driven around Wisconsin and all the way through Wisconsin up to Green Bay down to Kenosha, Chicago. I got to me, that's a lot of fun. I love just exploring places I haven't been. So you can't really do that in an uber. So you got to have a rental car, right, And they're very expensive and it's a pain in the ass, and but yeah, I prefer a car. What about you when you've traveled a bunch recently.
Speaker 3: Right, Yes, So for me, which is fun is like I love how I grew up been and my mom always said, never get in a car with strangers. And now I like call strangers all the time to pick me up. It's hitchhiking and shiking Hitchhiker's guy to the Galaxy.
Speaker 1: But no, for myself.
Speaker 3: What I really love is if I go somewhere new and I don't plan to do too much traveling outside of just basically the event, or if it's just some kind of podcasting gig or just visiting somebody, Right, I personally like if I don't have somebody there to drive me around and show me places that they enjoy to do ubers or lyft or whatever, because then I can ask the people there where I should go, what they like, what's their favorite spot, what's a good place to eat, what's a good place to go, maybe just wander around. And I've always been very intrinsically like surprised with how open these people are. They're always super pumped to talk about their place they live and where they know. And sometimes they even tell me like, yeah, just shoot me a text, and I like, I'll bring you somewhere.
Speaker 1: Are cool?
Speaker 3: I mean, it's it's always been a good time. I like being part of the people, So it's been fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, people are generally proud of where Yes they live. Yes, that's why they live there, That's what I'm saying. So who better to ask?
Speaker 3: Like if I ever go to a different country, bench so like say Macedonia with my family, or like Bosnia, hed Schlovina or Greece or whatever. I don't like to go to touristy spots. I'll go right into the dead center of town and just walk around and wherever I see people going, I'll go there too. Have a bunch of people are eating here, let's go see what's up. Like I like just becoming a part of the aura. It's so much fun.
Speaker 1: It's fine. I've had this conversation with my my wife, who you know, she likes to goes. He actually wants to go to Europe a lot with me. We haven't been together. She went when she was younger, and you know, she likes the big city stuff. But I love just like I could be as happy. I love Minnesota. Minnesota was awesome, Theapoles was great, Milwaukee, you know, those nice Midwestern cities just kind of cool, just you know, seeing how people lived. But she's like, eh, they're they're all the same, you know, No, they're not. The things are different about the cities. And you know, I've been to Indianapolis and it's different than you know, Detroit or whatever. So anyway, what's next, Mike in Fullerton? Right since says Knetschiwa Ben and Alex. My question is more in Ben's wheelhouse this weekend. But feel free to pitch that in Alex if you have any ad uh And Mike says I, I'd like you guys to settle the subs versus dubs debate in the anime community once and for all. Should all anime be watched in its original language with subtitles or is it okay to watch it dubbed into English? Personally, I watch a mix of both. Well, Mike, you've turned to the right guy. I am missing your anime. Okay.
Speaker 3: Ben is my influence, let me tell you. Yeah, yeah that Ben is my muse.
Speaker 1: Alex is just pretending to be in I've never watched an a but yeah, these tattoos are fake.
Speaker 3: By the way, Ben, this entire sleeve event, it's all alive.
Speaker 1: It's all rus, it's all alie. So you want to take that one. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So I'll say this, okay, as somebody who loves the Japanese culture and has not been to Japan because I will not come back, I will say when you watch cultural entertainment pieces in their distinct language, it only increases it that much more. For the enjoyment of what you're experiencing. So, for example, why would I go to an Italian restaurant and tell the chef how I want him to make pastel zul or the fetichini alfredo. You you get what's there and you enjoy it the way they give it to you. So, from my aspects, and I've seen plenty of sub and dub sub voice actors are just more integrated with the characters and truly become the role, whereas a lot of these English voice actors they're a always trying to basically create their own persona and make it them, which they shouldn't do. That's what's the difference between like method acting and relacting, etc. That's why there's so many different varieties of it. So I can just say this in the most distinguisha ways. If you really want the experience, you want to increase your reading ability, you want to really indulge yourself into the culture and experience the show as it should be. And to see how they get so involved so descriptive. I mean, shoot, there's a new show out right now that's taking over the world called Solo Leveling. It's airing every Saturday. The voice actor had to go to the hospital after episode two because he was bleeding. His voice was literally coughing off of blood because of how involved he got into the scene, and it was pretty horrific and it was crazy to see. So for me, I can see when somebody else tries to do their twist on something else, it's never the same. And I do believe that people can enjoy DUB. It's still a great watch. Some people don't like to read like we just mentioned, and I think it is a good experience. But if you want to get it for what it is, it's always sub. It's superior. It's way better. But there aren't shows that I preferred in DUB, so I would be lying to say that you shouldn't watch it in your preference. It's just Sub is superior in my opinion.
Speaker 1: There you go. He answered the question. Ozzie was right and from Western Australia on the mail bag. He said, hey, big Ben and Alex, see here a simple question. What is your favorite condiment on burgers, sandwiches or even chicken tenders. I like the hot chili sauce. Ozsie was says, So it depends on my mood. I'm a honey, mustard, barbecue. Guy. Generally for like chicken, I usually go with that, but Alex is the vegan, so it's very difficult for you to answer.
Speaker 3: I do have When you won't like, though, I'll tell you that, then me guess the devil's blood. I do love a Sacha ranch plan I can't even I really like a Sacha ranch.
Speaker 1: I've been eating occasionally eat cheese curds from Wisconsin, and I like the garlic Aolie bomb super bomb, garlic Aolie solid solid. So this some of the things, uh, alf from the line at the porta potty rights, since there's anything worse than going into the bathroom after a vegan has dropped the deuce. Wow, shots fired by out, Shots fired at Alf? Oh over there, Alex, can I throw fire back?
Speaker 2: Ben?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Go ahead.
Speaker 3: So I'll say this number one. You should be grateful because if they're a true vegan and they're eating plants and vegetables, we just bless your toilet because not only is it gonna smell good, we'll leave no stains on the side because that is only from meat products. Okay, and third off, third off, we are so quick with it because our fiber intake is so quick. I literally sit down it's out to wipe some up. You don't even have to wait for me. So all I'm gonna say is your loss.
Speaker 1: Okay, your loss. Wow, you're saying you have magical poopy. It's incredible.
Speaker 3: I've actually seen Ben there is a legit website that would pay top dollar for people who are plant based their poopoo, just saying, just.
Speaker 1: Saying, well, there's people will pay for it. That's true that they go for it. All right, what is next year? Let's see, we'll skip over that one page down, Ryan writes in. Ryan C. Says, Hey, hey boys, I'm from a small town called Shrewsbury, mass and the Commonwealth, and I have listened to every podcast in full since October of twenty twenty three. Wow, it's very kind of here we are in March. My question is that I have been to northern California in twenty sixteen, specifically San Francisco. But I want to go back to California, but to the southern part, like La and all that. So you both live in southern California. What would you guys recommend doing and seeing when I get out there with the wife. So Ryan is asking for some recommendations here, okay, and let's see what the beach is.
Speaker 3: Obviously absolutely the spot. I gotta go out to Venice and just watch people. People watch so much fun like Venice like a zoo. Yes it's a concrete jungle man.
Speaker 1: Go there's a bunch of little beach towns if you want, all the way down the coast Highway one is a really cool drive.
Speaker 3: Maybe just cruise.
Speaker 1: You can cruise all the way up to central California and down Santa Barbara amazing. No billboards in Santa Barbara, against the law to have billboards in Santa Blar beautiful. You get the all the way down if you want, you can go to what it's the town I'm thinking of there. It's kind of below San Francisco, I forget, but there's a there's some really cool beach towns just along the coast there. And then if you want to go hang out with all the people that think they're important in Malibu, a lot of traffic. I don't recommend that the work your way, work your way down and all the way down to the beautiful beaches in Orange County, Hunting Beach and Newport Beach, which is amazing, just just absolutely absolutely great there. So yeah, there's there's a bunch of wonderful beaches, and then it's sort as like the restaurants and stuff like that. I would avoid the tourist places. Yes, I don't know what your favorite food is, Ryan. We do have the number one pastrami sandwich if you're into that kind of thing. And Langer's Delhi in LA which is really good, some great Mexican food here. And there's obviously the tourist traps, but I don't think the tourist traps are the spots. They're just well too much. You know.
Speaker 3: That's like wine country. It's like more my area in Corona area had some great wineries and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Out there.
Speaker 3: It's beautiful land, just open farmland that's really nice too. Norco, Horsetown, USA, it's like basically like Norco.
Speaker 1: Yes, Ryan, come from Shrewsbury Master Norcoe. Yes, that is true. No one else has ever given that advice. You're the only one in the history of podcasting as to recommend a guy coming to southern California with his wife on vacation go to Norco.
Speaker 3: Beautiful place, more horses than people.
Speaker 1: You'll love it. Wow, that is outstanding advice. Nobody else has that. Also, I don't know how much you're into entertainment, Ryan, there's some What I think is kind of cool is driving around where they film famous movies and TV shows, a lot of those, And that's not the I'm not the Hollywood part, but just in neighborhoods around southern California. It's kind of crazy if you want to see some of that stuff. I used to go to the Brady Bunch House all the time, for example, because I'm old and it's actually not far away from where our studios are, so that was one of my spots. You know, the Ghostbusters fire Station is actually in skid row in La. Yeah. Yeah, the Ghostbusters fire Station. So if you want to get shanked, you can go down there with your wife and look at where the Ghostbusters fire station is. Fun time. Yeah. Ian in New Mexico writes in he says, hey, Ben and Alex, what acress? What actress from your youth made you first start paying attention to the ladies? He says, I'll start for him. Ian says Linda Carter, especially when I found my dad's Playboy with her. That really made some things pop there for ian back in the day safe to say, yeah, I don't know if there was like one. I was like a teenager. I guess when I've reference is Pam Anderson. There were there were, there were women before before her that moved the needle. Sure shall we say, but what about you? You're younger than me any any moment there, Alex were just kind of connected. You're like, this is something I could be into here.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you a man, back in sixth grade, I was just always so intrinsically just pulled to women.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: They were just so divine, so elegantly designed right but for us like actresses and stuff. I remember when I because Disney Channel was a big thing for me growing up. We had Disney Loading, et cetera. And I remember there was this one it was Lizzie McGuire show, and I remember watching her name was Hillary Duff, the actress, and I was just like, man, something about her makes me want to actually get a job when I grow up and do something to impress the like. I just remember watching Hillary Duff in the way she carried herself, how she articulated herself, and it was just so consuming because from a persona of watching like a girl be an actress. It was just so cool to see this beautiful woman doing all these different type of charactures and stuff. And then also Hannah Montana with Miley Cyrus, but she didn't turn out great at all. So thank god I don't have any you know, interest in her anymore, because that was woof. She definitely went. She came in like a wrecking ball. Ben, Let's just say that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I hear you, I hear you. I see what you did there. Thanks Stewie. What else do we have here? John from o'fallen, Illinois, just outside of Saint Louis, over the river from Saint Louis, right city's he was. John knows I get into I get into beefs with certain people at work. So he says one of our competitors as an evening producer who thinks he's some kind of star. John says, he's telling me this Alex to make me feel better about the people we work with. He says, this guy will jump on sometimes and respond to callers questions or correct them ahead of the host of the of the show. John says, I heard him say to the host, let me take this one.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: That's a big ball move. Wow, that is a big ball move. John says it's a shame because the host of the show is not all that bad. But there you go. He has lackey that kills.
Speaker 3: The show interesting.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't. I don't know who that is, John, But I do enjoy good stories from you as the consumer room and radio and what you think of that? Dan and Ohio do a couple more, Dan and Ohio, right, since this gentleman, are you guys going to be getting a cyber truck? I have seen a couple. He also sends a story here of a cyber truck being stuck on a beach. Uh, stuck in the sand. Yeah, I don't. I don't actually think they look that good that that's an unpopular opinion. I think they look like something I would have made in wood shop class if I were trying to make a truck, Yes, in a wood shop class. And yeah, I mean they're they're theyre apparently very well made from what we've read.
Speaker 3: I hope so because the Tesla's aren't, so hopefully these are better.
Speaker 1: Uh Lee and Chicago writes in. Uh says Been and Alex is a story going around this week. That said, lazy teachers use chat GPT to grade papers.
Speaker 3: Yes, I've seen.
Speaker 1: Do you do you use chat GPT to do your malard monologues? No? I wish I did. They'd be a lot probably be a lot better. And uh, yeah, that's fun. I I don't think I uh, I'm into that. Steven Seattle says, uh, what is Alex the Vegan's favorite motivational speaker? Oh? Do you have a favorite of you? Into that?
Speaker 2: You?
Speaker 3: I would say, of a motivational guy yourself, Alan Watts.
Speaker 1: Alan Watts, Yeah, what about him resonating with you?
Speaker 3: I kind of just stumbled across some of his things and things he was talking about and his kind of persona on the world and spirituality in himself. And he turned his whole life into basically trying to find a better way to not only conversate with people, but to help people see more so attributes outside of just modern day Eastern or e's gonna be Western teachings. He was very big into Eastern societies and cultures and studying in Buddhism and Hinduism. And I just love the fact of somebody going in a sense a different direction within modern day standards and so he fine tuned himself so well. The things he would talk about, it just almost resonated with you with thinking to yourself, man, it's nice to know somebody else out there in a sense kind of understood more of what he was and was understanding more of self. And so it kind of it's crazy because I never really listened to anybody, but as soon as like little things by his trickled into my social media and I just I would sit there and tell myself, I'm like, man, it's it's good to know I'm on the right track, as there was people before me who were also following that kind of same atonement. So it's it's I'm such a fan of his stuff.
Speaker 1: So I'm looking at a photo I've never heard of this guy, Alan watch and I could see you as you ate, that's what I'm saying, becoming him. You kind of look like that.
Speaker 3: It's I don't know if you know about past lives and stuff, but it trips me out how this guy resonated with me and I've never even knew about the dude.
Speaker 1: It's a trip. Yeah, he's been dead for a while. He died. He died before I was alone. Yes, and I'm getting old, so big fan of man. Yeah, I could put a pipe in your mouth and beads around. Hey, that's what I'm saying. Yeah, it's a trip, isn't it. There's one left? It's political? Should we bother with that? Oh? I'm all about it. I love Okay, all right? Mike from Florida writes in I love it, I says not to get political. You guys, did you guys vote on Super Tuesday? And also he says, I saw this story that Wall Street is hedging its bets on Don Trump with Joe Biden? Can you put your political political cap on? What does this actually mean? Okay? So I did vote.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you voted, Alex, I know I don't like voting anymore. No, no, no, you do not vote.
Speaker 1: Okay. I voted, and I was. It made me feel good because I was the youngest person to vote. Everyone was much older than me that was voting when I was voting, So that made me feel good. As far as this Wall Street thing, yeah, I mean hedging their bets from from a business standpoint, Trump would be better for business than Biden. Sure, but they must not see I often. Let me rephrase it. So Alex on the radio show, when I we talk about certain point spreads, I would say, go to the gambling market to find out what's going to happen with the free agent who's favored, because they're never that far off because they have skin in the game, Wall Street. If you go behind the scenes here and peel back the onion. Oh yeah, they decide who the president is.
Speaker 3: Yep, always do. It's not us, trust me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean so that's a big part of it. Yes, And if they're hedging their bets on Trump with Biden, that either means a they don't know who's going to win, they're not convinced of it, or they think what's the other scenario. They think one of them is not going to maybe make it, so they how to cover themselves with the other.
Speaker 3: One possibly possibly Well. It's also like with just the whole state of the economy right now and inflation, et cetera. It's a weird place to be and it's kind of weighing on a lot of different things, not just presidency itself. And that's why I like the conversation of politics because to me, I've never been somebody who really is focused on voting for one or the other, because I know the only way you'll really make any type of implemental changes at your local level around you before it gets up to the lobbying and stuff, because that's where I just tell people all the time, like, if you don't know that lobbying exists and lobbyist is actually a thing, I'm pretty almost kind of curious as to how you think anything really matters at the top scale, et cetera. But to me, all I know is that there's definitely something that's going to happen with all this coming up, and especially with how it's been moving forward. Because number one, just seeing like the fact we only still have in this type of age ben and like social media and influence and insights into just any information, right, how are we still stuck in a two political system? Blows my mind, Like we're just literally stuck with this dude or this dude, and we literally have a predominant statement always saying, oh, it's the it's the better of the two evils, the better of the worst. It's how are we still at this level? To me, it blows my mind.
Speaker 1: Well, you get to a certain point if nothing lasts forever, at some point will be blown up. I'm ready for that. Like the state of Texas will leave the Union, which is close or whatever. That'll who knows, that might be the next big thing, right, it just leaves the United States and that'll be wild. And then if one state leaves, there'll be others still go. Yeah, you'll have It'll be like Africa where there's a bunch of different countries. Yes, yes, in America, which would be wild and crazy and all that. But it's like with polity. I have friends of mine. I'm I lean a certain direction. I think you're listening to the podcast, you know which direction I lean politically, And in California they lean the other way. And it's like, oh, I have friends of mine and are like, oh yeah, I even bother vote. Well, nothing lasts forever, you know. California was the other way and then it went this way. It goes back and forth. Sometimes it takes a long time. Sometimes it takes a couple of generations, but it does go back and forth. So anyway, all right, we'll get out on that. Alex, thank you for being here all the weekend. I appreciate it. You're the man my pleasure. Thank you for moving me how can people hear you elsewhere? And I know they hear you with Jason and occasionally chime in there with Rob Parkers, those guys for sure. If they want to hear your own work, your own podcast, your own Alan Watts like yes, yes.
Speaker 3: So if you would like to have some more inspiration or just somebody who's just having a simple conversation with you, and you don't have to pay for therapy. We all like to save money. Just look up Shallow Oceans podcasts. You can find it everywhere. You can find TikTok social media. You can listen to podcasts everywhere. You listen to ben stuff. And if you're still an anime too, or you want to get introduced to culture, cultural entertainment that's outside of the American infrastructure and you know the empire it is, and have something that's more attuned with you know the whole value of just growing up in tradition and culture and just morals and values and especially good just hand drawn stuff that's almost going away with AI. Just look up anime Sempi podcast. I have so much fun. I love doing what I do and I do it just simply for everybody. Because I haven't sold a single ad or promotion, even though I've had plenty of people who have asked, I don't do it for money. I do it for you guys.
Speaker 1: Well, money's kind of you know, it does help, it does. That's why I'm just saying, you know, I'm just I'm just saying, you.
Speaker 3: Know, you're trying. You're right, You're right, and I'm just trying to sound good right now. You're cool.
Speaker 1: Thank you, very cool. Thank you all. Have a great day. I'll be back there and the Bennies are tonight, Big Bike. Sure to vote you haven't voted, go to my social media channels. The Bennies Are tonight will give out the hardware, the greatest in overnight sports radio, the biggest night in overnight sports radio, the twenty twenty four Bennies celebrating the year twenty twenty three. So make sure to tune in for that and we'll catch you tonight on the radio later, Skater