Speaker 1: Two Teas in a pod which Teddy Mellencamp and Camrad Judge.
Speaker 2: Hi, guys, welcome to another episode of to Teas Myself, Teddy Mellencamp.
Speaker 3: And tambrid Judge.
Speaker 4: Should we have a I mean, this is clearly an o G to the OC that we haven't seen in a very long time. So I'm so excited to introduce Joe Dela Rosa.
Speaker 2: She's a television personality best known as being the original housewife in the Real Housewives Orange County. She released an album in two thousand and seven called Unscripted. Joe was also part of the first spinoff of the Real Housewives franchise, Date My Ex Joe and Slade.
Speaker 3: That aired in two thousand and eight. I don't even know about this had it lasted long.
Speaker 2: She recently started her own creative agency called House of Gray and was married a year ago to Tarin Gray. So there's you can go and see her People magazine article about her wedding or her engagement and get caught.
Speaker 5: Up from the past.
Speaker 4: Do you look amazing?
Speaker 5: How's it going?
Speaker 4: It is going so well. Thank you so much for coming on our podcast. We're so excited to have you. You and I have been chatting on on DM. Oh my god, the outfit, the hair, that everything. My question to you is do you still own a skytop?
Speaker 5: I'm absolutely not. I got rid of those ages ago.
Speaker 4: So tell So do you live in La now?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I've been living in LA since I left the show. Actually really literally, did.
Speaker 3: You leave or did you get the boot? Or did you break up with Slade?
Speaker 5: Broke up with Slade and then moved her late?
Speaker 1: My heart was always city, like I've just I've always gravitated the city, you know, the lights of Hollywood and whatnot.
Speaker 4: And yeah, was it hard for you to leave from the show or you were sitting along?
Speaker 1: No, No, I don't think so in the sense that, like because it was a breakup and I was just ready to like start my life over. I was also already going to LA every weekend with my girlfriends, and like, I was just in such a different place in my life where.
Speaker 4: You were going to LA when you were dating Slade.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, but that's what I like a Slade?
Speaker 1: Were you, honestly, like honest back then, love of my life?
Speaker 5: Then? What?
Speaker 1: In my twenties he really was? I had just graduated, you know, college, he threw my college graduation party.
Speaker 3: Oh god, how did you meet?
Speaker 2: I'm so taken aback by this because I'm watching things where you're going out and having fun and I'm like, clearly you're twenty four years old.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how was he home wear? Dressing up in costume for him? I'm like, information, I'm.
Speaker 1: So sorry you had to see that, Teddy, I'm so sorry I had to see that. So uh I I yeah, no excuses, just young dumb but him.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 1: I worked at a mortgage company. That was my first job out of high school. I was a little assistant. He was one of the title reps that would come in every week, and I like, my boss was like, hey, you need to like take her out and like teach her the business. And he taught you the business, all right, he taught me the business. But like when I met him, he was like all the dad vibes, like dockers, like khaki shorts, like you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So when you had a Hummer back then, like you were hot.
Speaker 1: So the fact also about Hommer, huh why with the chron Like why was that the thing?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 4: Why was the calm cline underwear with the ice mask on his face or whatever he had.
Speaker 5: He was so special back then.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean you dodged that bullet.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you were twenty four years old.
Speaker 5: Yeah, how did this all come about?
Speaker 3: Because it originally was called Behind the Gates, right.
Speaker 5: Uh, yeah, I believe.
Speaker 1: So I know there was a lot of stuff circulating before like I ever joined and I had I have this little like I think it was like a studio that I was living in Encoda Dacasa. So a lot of people don't know that, like I was already living there.
Speaker 4: And yeah, you didn't live with Slide.
Speaker 1: Not right away, Okay, so I'd gotten like my own place for a minute, but like it was just a little studio again right out of college.
Speaker 5: Like yeah, fairly trying to find my way.
Speaker 1: So yeah, it just kind of it was wild. And then there was just I think being so young and being thrown into the life. First of all, I did not come from money, so like everything that like I've done in my life, I just like was on me. So to get thrown into number one, a world of like wealth, number two, being so much younger and everybody being so much older, I was super intimidated going in because like why wouldn't I be with like you know, sure, and all the personalities as well, and.
Speaker 4: You didn't know anybody right when I didn't know anyone.
Speaker 1: Literally, I remember first seeing like first day shooting. They brought me to this bar in the middle of Koto and they were like, okay, Joe, we're gonna you're gonna meet all the girls for the first time on the patio, and I think it was like Kimberly and a bunch of other like you know.
Speaker 3: I remember that scene. Yes, and you're saying you want to make friends. Yes.
Speaker 4: Are you talk to any of the girls to this day?
Speaker 1: Yeah, actually still talked to Gina Alexis. They actually came to my wedding when I just got married a year.
Speaker 4: Okay, I was going to talk to you about that. So your one year anniversary is coming up on the twenty eighth. Congratulations. Now you are a cougar because you are five years older than your husband. I am five years older than my husband.
Speaker 5: Really, yeah, up here to go, you go, girl pounded out. I think I'm actually seven. He's thirty five, thirty six? Yeah, oh you're seven years old? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Hold on, speaking of age, how old is Slade?
Speaker 1: He was fifteen years older than me when I met him, and I so when I met him, I was he was thirty do the math, so doing the math backwards?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so wait, so you're forty.
Speaker 1: I'm about I'm about to be forty three in September and forty two.
Speaker 4: Right, and he's fifteen years older than you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, so forty, I'm fifty eight years old, so you're he is low to change.
Speaker 4: He pulls up, he says he's forty eight, says he's forty eight years old to this day.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry what he's just kidding?
Speaker 4: Yeah, just kidding.
Speaker 1: What I joke with everybody, I'm forever twenty seven because La just keeps you like, yes, it's La La Land and like nobody ever grows up here, at least on our side in West Hollywood and Hollywood.
Speaker 5: But he's absolutely not forty eight.
Speaker 4: No, he's ten years older than that.
Speaker 2: Okay, how long were you guys dating before you were cast?
Speaker 3: And when I met I met.
Speaker 2: Him and Gretchen at like a race car event years ago, back when I was still on the show, and I remember him telling me something along.
Speaker 3: The lines like the show was his idea?
Speaker 1: Is that his idea? Like he started it? It was his idea to go on and like to do the whole thing. Because a lot of people may or may not know he was. He had an agent in LA when I met him, he was already because of his like cycling stuff he would get he would book like professional cycling stuff.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: Can you clarify something for us, Yeah, because he has said that he raced in the Tour deference, I'm calling bullshit on that. I'm saying that he was like a helper, a water boy, something like that. Eddie actually is a cyclist as well. Didn't ever race in the Tour de France, but he took Slaid out one time riding in Napa when we were filming and he could barely keep up. In fact, he was on the side of the road in cramps and Eddie was like rubbing his cramps out because he was so bad. Is that just an exaggeration, because I feel like he likes to exaggerate to make him you know.
Speaker 1: So all I remember is it was him and the big cycling guy.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, so I note.
Speaker 1: Yes, the two of them were like Lance was a national champion at the time of his like state, and then I believe I remember telling me.
Speaker 5: He was his in his state.
Speaker 3: Telling you or did you see it with your own eyes?
Speaker 5: He told me, he told.
Speaker 1: Me when we met, like because I would ask him, I'm like, why do you put on these like super neon outfits and like sit on a bike and like, like I just I wanted to like understand.
Speaker 4: I mean the cycling outfits are horrendous that he has a ton of them. I mean they're all neon, which is great because people's eddie cycle he does, he does.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, But then how long did you guys date before you were cast? I?
Speaker 5: Oh, such a long time ago. I want to.
Speaker 1: Say maybe like at least almost a year, if not a little bit. And we were together for like a while actually, because we were already engaged when we were on the show, and we got engaged almost at a year, so at least a year we were dating before, so we had like a fully normal life of just you know, living in Coodo with the kids.
Speaker 5: I had moved in at the time.
Speaker 2: And then that was the shasting process then, because like for us, it's for me, it was very different than even for Tamra, Like how did it work for you?
Speaker 1: Yeah, So they were looking for the fifth couple to cast. Uh, And again I wasn't there when we got cast. This was all Slade.
Speaker 4: Wasn't friends with Scott.
Speaker 1: Done up. Yeah, So we lived literally down the street from Scott, and I guess there was a charity event that Slade went to and that's kind of where the whole thing went down. So what I remember and then how it actually happened was two different things.
Speaker 5: I later found out.
Speaker 1: I thought that Slade had gone to this event with Scott, this you know, codo party that he had thrown, and they had asked us to be on the show, is what I originally thought. It was kind to find out later Slade had bought a ticket. It was like a charity auction to be on the show.
Speaker 4: And I remember hearing that, so he got his way on the show.
Speaker 1: But I don't remember that again ages ago. So I guess, yeah, that's apparently how it ended up happening. But I was never there. And then Slade came home one day and was like, hey, so we're going to do this thing. And I you know back then, so I never.
Speaker 2: Even met you and did auditions with you or any kind of no camera work.
Speaker 5: Nothing, nothing.
Speaker 1: It was literally the I guess maybe the allure of like young girl moving.
Speaker 5: To codo with this older guy who has Do you.
Speaker 4: Remember who the production company was back then? It was evolution, so it's spent abolition from the very beginning. So yeah, you were the very first to leave the show and then do a spinoff.
Speaker 5: God bless that spinoff.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, I need to watch it. I didn't even until I was reading your intro, I was like, what is it? Was?
Speaker 1: Was dating my ex is that it was like the Bachelorette meets a reality show, except there was no like.
Speaker 4: But don't you feel like it would really make it today?
Speaker 5: I feel like it was it's time and it was on yep.
Speaker 1: What Yeah, So I was the first to get a spin off, and then I had just gotten and I know there's going to be all Back then it was like, you know, getting a record deal was like a funny thing, you know now looking back at it.
Speaker 5: But I was also the first. I was never a singer.
Speaker 1: I was a dancer and I just had music and singing in my life, and they were like, you know, dancer first, singer second, and more like karaoke singer. But you know, the producers were like, hey, we want to give you this music opportunity, and I was like.
Speaker 5: Yeah, let's do it. Who doesn't want to ever do an album.
Speaker 1: And put themselves on like a music video, like as a little girl dancing in the mirror with like a hair brush unscripted.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Did I hear that Gretchen bought your the rights to your music or something like that years ago?
Speaker 5: He sure did, what I mean? And why did she do that? Yeah? So again this is just what I hear.
Speaker 1: So my music producer at the time, Brian Todd, was the music producer for Ashley Tisdale. For me, for like a bunch of like young like you know, Hollywood la like girls that were like trying to come up and make it type thing.
Speaker 5: That was the reality version.
Speaker 1: At some point there was a financial situation and he started to sell his catalog. Catalog's out and for whatever reason, uh, she decided to buy it for how much I'm not sure that's all.
Speaker 3: But what was the point?
Speaker 4: It was it just for something to put on the show?
Speaker 5: I mean, I don't know. I think it was wild. I think it was wild.
Speaker 1: She ended up coming out with a single after that too, I saw, well, So I don't know if like that was the way she would like, I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 4: But let me go after my new boyfriend's girlfriend's music. Like really, now, when when Gretchensley started dating where what was your mind at at that point where you're like, what the because he dated Laurie after you? Right, yeah, so you had a single.
Speaker 5: I had a single.
Speaker 1: It ended up on radio, which was amazing, music video ended up on Network on TV and then right when and I also got a publishing deal because one thing I was.
Speaker 5: Wow, was a songwriter.
Speaker 1: That's actually what I actually for reels like did where I felt the most confident, And I got a publishing deal through Sony. And then one of the songs I ended up writing ended up actually On the Hills on MTV, which was.
Speaker 5: Kind of cool. Oh I remember yep, it was called a Little Inspiration.
Speaker 4: And yeah, were you ever on the Hills?
Speaker 1: I so, Lauren Audrina, Yeah, that whole crew the scenes I was ever in, like never air because you know they shoot everything I never did. But yeah, so like that whole group of like OC girls, it was same age, same time. We all kind of came up together and Lauren Conrad and I had a friend in common. Leslie Bruce, who worked at US Weekly, went to uc Ervine. She introduced us, and so the both of us being in la being the girls on reality from OC just kind of like grew up and kind of grew up together. Lauren kept going and has blown up since then, and I kind of took a break from reality after. You know, just did you.
Speaker 4: Do any other reality shows after your spin off?
Speaker 5: No? No, no, would you ever? Yeah? Definitely?
Speaker 4: Okay, So you will be coming to you will be coming to my parties next season?
Speaker 5: Oh? I mean yes, I was.
Speaker 2: Perfect because Andy said you're the one that got away too early.
Speaker 1: Really yes, Oh my god, Andy, that's so sweet.
Speaker 4: Maybe some double dates with the husbands or parties or something next season.
Speaker 3: I'll see. So I have a question.
Speaker 2: One of your main storylines was making friends and Codo. Did you find any genuine connections with any of the women on the show.
Speaker 5: I did.
Speaker 1: I will say number one Gina. Gina has been like a second mom to me. I always called your mama Gina, and that's kind of what she's been in my life. If I ever needed advice or anything like that. Kimberly, even though she left the show super early after season one.
Speaker 5: Where did she go? You know what? None of us know that. Like I heard she moved out.
Speaker 4: Of state and just that's what I heard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but she was more of like she was like if there was a housewife training of how to be a housewife, because I had no idea, like you know what I mean, just that world.
Speaker 5: She was my like Yoda if you will.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's like a caricature of what a housewife is supposed to be.
Speaker 5: Completely Yeah.
Speaker 4: Like I ran into her at the montage. Wait what she's back, Gina. Yeah, she's in Orange County.
Speaker 3: Oh no, I was talking about Kimberly.
Speaker 5: Oh Kimberly.
Speaker 4: No, no, I'm talking about Tina.
Speaker 5: Yes it is.
Speaker 4: And so I ran into her and she was just like Gina, like I had didn't skip a beat.
Speaker 5: I love Gina.
Speaker 1: Gina remains the same, so down to earth, so like just Gina, like and that's why I love her, like nothing has ever changed her and like she's just she's my heart.
Speaker 5: I love her so much.
Speaker 2: Has anything changed? The canary diamond ring that you got? And where is it?
Speaker 5: It was fake? Right? Okay?
Speaker 1: Yes it was what The canary diamond ring still sits somewhere in a little chanel box inside three more boxes at my mom's house because I can't even bother to dig that thing up.
Speaker 5: But like, yes, so.
Speaker 3: Don't you find out it was fake? Or am I going to find this out later on in the season.
Speaker 5: So so Slade told me. Slade told me in.
Speaker 4: The clubhouse it needs to be on Andy's clubhouse on the shop.
Speaker 5: Wait should I bring it? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yes you should.
Speaker 1: We can actually take it to a jeweler and actually see how much that poor little thing is worth.
Speaker 5: Twenty five dollar to any If that.
Speaker 3: Right, I am blown away.
Speaker 5: Okay, so he was honest with me.
Speaker 1: He did tell me that, you know, the setting was real, but the centerstone he wanted to change it with day.
Speaker 4: Do you think Gretchen's is fake too?
Speaker 5: I don't know, probably not.
Speaker 3: At what point did he tell you that it.
Speaker 5: Was fake after he proposed? But again, this is pre Housewives, so no cameras know nothing.
Speaker 4: And how do you when someone goes, I'm proposing to but this is a fake ring.
Speaker 5: Here's the thing. I know.
Speaker 1: I'm a sap. I'm the biggest romantic that there is. So at the time back then also twenty three, twenty four, no experience. Yeah, I was in it for like, I genuinely loved him so much that he could have given me a band and I wouldn't have cared.
Speaker 2: But that's my question for both of you guys, now, knowing what you know, would you rather have a small diamond that's real, Yes, that's authentic for sure, or a giant fake one?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: I rather have a band a million percent, like I don't even need like, of course, every girl loves diamonds, but like what like I wanted a fall left for love and not for money.
Speaker 5: But why was it fake?
Speaker 4: He's briging that he's making seven figures and he's got all this money.
Speaker 3: By the way, how are you just seven figures?
Speaker 5: A million?
Speaker 4: A million plus? And then he said that the ring was over one hundred thousand dollars if he bought you.
Speaker 3: I don't think of one hundred thousand pesos?
Speaker 5: Who exactly? No? Wait what he didn't say that? Really? Yes? I did? Yes on the podcast?
Speaker 3: No, I come on here?
Speaker 5: Do you think i'd have here? Okay?
Speaker 4: On the show?
Speaker 5: Do you and him not? No? Wait, I don't stand you know, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I feel like I'm so far removed from the world of housewives being in La like it's it's like a little bubble.
Speaker 5: I don't know any of the riff any of the drama, any of the anything.
Speaker 1: So you sharing all this with me and like for the first time, going wait what, I didn't know you and him don't get along.
Speaker 2: But moving slightly away from Slade, what are your thoughts on Vicky and how did she treat you?
Speaker 5: I love Vicky. Vicky.
Speaker 1: Vicky is always going to be Vicky and again, like I always just had my experience with her back when we lived in OC and Vicky has always been great even over the years. Like Gina and her are you know, still close and Gina will like again whenever I can, like see her, will bring me to like I know, we like did a dinner once. This is years ago, by the way, and this is like she'd probably Vicky had probably been on the show like a lot of seasons by now, six seven, eight, and we all went to dinner. Still Vicky, like Vicky, I feel like is always going to stay Vicky as well when you get her one on one, it's very consistent.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I'm actually going to see her tonight.
Speaker 5: Oh you are tell her? I said, Hi, I actually saw a picture of you and her.
Speaker 4: And yes, yeah, so the three of us are going to meet tonight. But I told her yesterday, I said I'm having jokes. She's like, oh my god, she's so sweet.
Speaker 2: I love.
Speaker 5: She said, Hi, tell her.
Speaker 1: I said, Hi, I'm rid Or died for Vicky.
Speaker 5: So if anyone has a problem, like, I'll kill him.
Speaker 3: Well you might have to kill me then, yeah, because.
Speaker 4: He does not like Teddy Vicky what.
Speaker 2: Okay, So she has a real problem with me because she always wanted to do a podcast with Tamra And I reached out to Tamra when iHeart reached out to me and said, we want to do a Housewives podcast. And I said fine, but I'm only going to recap and do these things if i can do it with somebody that I want. And they said who, and I said Tamara. And I contacted Tamara and it was like three days and we were done and then like yeah, we we kind of exploded, thank you know, thanks to like amazing production team and iHeart and everybody. It was great and our connection. But then Vicky like couldn't take it, Like so instead of being happy for camera.
Speaker 5: You know, Vicky, I do know Vicky.
Speaker 4: She actually called our boss and said that they should get rid of Teddy and bring her on.
Speaker 5: Yes, Vicky, that's not nice. And then but it's so Vicky.
Speaker 2: And then she went on What Happens Live and said she didn't know who I was, like, she just okay, she's bitter Boots.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, I think it's amazing that y'all are doing this podcast. And I think that just opportunities come to people and like, you know, you ride them. And also she has her own podcast? What is she talking about?
Speaker 5: Doesn't she?
Speaker 3: She did and it was very hot.
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh okay I was. I was like so confused because I thought she was doing hers. Okay, yeah, I have a question for you.
Speaker 4: Would you ever do the Ultimate Girl's Trip?
Speaker 5: I I have seen a trailer of that. Would I do it? Why the hell not?
Speaker 1: I think that, you know, I haven't been in that dynamic four years. I don't know if I would get eaten a or if like, like I don't, I don't.
Speaker 4: It's like riding a bicycle, Joe, you get right back on.
Speaker 5: Have you done it? I have done on it? How was it? So?
Speaker 4: I was let go after my twelfth season, and I was I did nothing for a year and then I think twenty nineteen twenty, maybe twenty twenty, they asked me to do Ultimate Girls Trip. So I did Ultimate Girl's Trip and from there they brought me back on Orange County.
Speaker 3: So I did it.
Speaker 4: It was weird because I was kind of out of the mix. I'm with new girls and I don't necessarily know that well, some of them I've met through Bravo stuff, but didn't really know them. It was it was hard, but it was fun.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: It was during the pandemic. So we went to Derenda's house. Now the girls nowadays are going to do Turks and Caicos And where did the uh where the new ones go?
Speaker 5: They?
Speaker 3: Where did they go? Bali?
Speaker 4: Well not Bali, they went to Landiland.
Speaker 5: That production budget though, okay.
Speaker 3: I know, and it is ten days.
Speaker 4: It's a lot of money for ten days.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, okay, So I don't think you would get.
Speaker 4: So you hear that Andy, she'll do Ultimate Girls Trip.
Speaker 2: Andy, there's just a psa, she will do Girls Triph.
Speaker 3: So do you watch any Housewives right now?
Speaker 1: I do not watch any Housewives, to be honest with you. I only have the apps, no cable, so I stream everything like, also shout out to Peacock because that's actually one of the apps that I pay for because they and all of my favorite shows are on there. But yeah, unfortunately you get everything one day later. So I'm just like, so that's okay.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but if you get on Ultimate Girls Trip, they give you one free year of Peacock.
Speaker 5: So oh nice, okay, get I'm all for a free streamings, me too, Me too.
Speaker 4: On a saturder note, watching season one into, Grayson was on the show, and obviously you've heard that he recently passed away. Yeah, do you reach out to Michelle or Slide at that point?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I actually I actually okay, sorry, sorry, I didn't even know where that came from.
Speaker 5: I actually did.
Speaker 1: I reached out to Slade just to say like, I was so sorry, and yeah, I never heard back from him. But yeah, wow, I don't even know where that came from.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there when he was all in Yeah, do you remember what were you with him when he got diagnosed?
Speaker 5: No? No, I when I met Slide, I I already knew.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh they already knew at that point.
Speaker 1: Uh, yes, yes, when I believe when I when we when we had been dating, like he already had the tumor.
Speaker 4: Oh I didn't know that.
Speaker 5: I didn't.
Speaker 4: I didn't realize that he was diagnosed that young because it wasn't really talked about.
Speaker 5: Right, Yeah, it was.
Speaker 1: He was two years old when I met him, and he was already struggling, and so Slade had kind of opened up and shared the story about how they found out and stuff like that.
Speaker 4: Heartbreaking, so heartbreaking can till we live three years later.
Speaker 1: I it honestly just warms my heart that like he was able to have as many years yeah, as like he did, and his.
Speaker 4: Poor mom, like she really lived her life to take care of him. Really heartbreaking.
Speaker 1: Okay, Now I wish I had whiskey in this.
Speaker 4: Well we have we have champagne today.
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh, that's what I should have done.
Speaker 2: This is I think something that's going to help a lot of our listeners because there's a lot of people, of course, that are in relationships where you are, you know, a bonus parent, you know, and you are and then all of a sudden when you break up, how how do you kind of reconcile that and how do you how has that affected your future relationships?
Speaker 3: And you know, now you're married, now and you're in a different place.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I mean I always know, like when when my mom and step my step mom was my stepmom for twenty years and then you know, when they broke up, there was obviously like a huge shift and there's like that void, but there's also like you're trying to have boundaries, so kind of how did you deal with that after the breakup?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think it was hard.
Speaker 1: I think it was actually harder like after I moved to LA, because I think it's easier to move on from a relationship when you leave a city, right because it's just like, yeah, yeah, you leave everything behind, you get caught up in LA and you know all the things of La going out, like all the things you do when you're young in LA and first moved to a new city. I think for me it really hit me years later when you know, I would hear about Gavin or like you know, see somebody would send me something about Grayson, you know, a picture of him, an update of him, anything, And I think it's in those moments it was hard. But I did reach out to Gavin as well, like a few years ago, just to tell him, Hi, I heard he got married. Congratulations. Just as like somebody, you know, I know I don't have a right to, but like he was a big part of my life.
Speaker 4: Everybody has a right to say something nice to somebody.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's not like.
Speaker 4: Right right, And then she broke up.
Speaker 3: You can still you still should And then what's your So you're you're married? Now, how how did you meet your new husband?
Speaker 5: Hinge? What we met in the middle of covid on Hinge? I read that, yes, and okay, literally it was one.
Speaker 1: Of these things where like I had been after the show in digital advertising and that's all I had done, and I was kind of like shooting doing videos like photography, and I was like, you know what, I'm going to leave this incredible career behind to go pursue being a creator, and that's what I did. And then three months later the pandemic hit. I was super focused on like the YouTube channel, like building just like all of that. But then it's the pandemic, so we're bored.
Speaker 5: So I'm like.
Speaker 1: Scrolling through and I was like, you know what, I kind of just want to like flirt with cute boys, and so I signed up for Hinge and he had a disclaimer on his like profile that said I don't want to meet anybody because you know, it's the pandemic.
Speaker 5: And I was like, perfect, this is going to go nowhere, let's go.
Speaker 4: Yeah, why are you on hinge in your bio says I don't want to meet me.
Speaker 3: But no, he's saying I don't want to meet anyone in person.
Speaker 5: Yep, there was no VOBE. Okay, I got it.
Speaker 1: And at the time his roommate was had health issues, and then my roommate at the time also had health issues, so it actually worked perfect.
Speaker 2: And for those of you guys listening, COVID in LA was different than COVID anywhere else, I mean other than New York.
Speaker 3: I mean yeah, we were on lockdown.
Speaker 2: Like I remember, like five months into it, I hadn't even seen people, and my friends came over and we sat outside with gloves on and we made each other pee in the grass because.
Speaker 3: You couldn't even like it was. Everyone bought their own drinks.
Speaker 5: It was.
Speaker 1: It was wild, like yeah, like washed down. I never washed down my like groceries, but like people like it was.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they would wash down the boxes that came from Amazon.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then the fruit, the special fruit spray that I'd never heard of, because COVID could have been like it was. La was another freaking beast.
Speaker 1: It was a wild, wild time and so it was like easy to see him and know like, oh perfect, Like he doesn't want to meet. I want to focus on what I'm doing and that's it. But just over time talking to him, you know, over FaceTime, over zoom, you.
Speaker 3: Know, just doing all the things intimacy.
Speaker 1: I ended up falling in love over a screen, and y'all, I swear I always say, I feel like I was in a Love is Blind episode because I was falling in love with a human that, like literally over our screen, that I had never met. Because also, we talked for three months before our first date. I said I love you before we ever met in person. We were boyfriend and girlfriend before we ever had our first date in person three months later because again COVID, we were falling, like falling into over.
Speaker 5: Why, yes we did.
Speaker 4: I was like, all right, let's let's really get to yeeah yeah, fun sex.
Speaker 5: Yes we had fun sex. Yeah, oh my god, greed.
Speaker 4: And so how long were you dating before you got married?
Speaker 1: We were dating like a year and a half and then we got engaged and then we ended up getting married like two years two.
Speaker 4: And a half years later, and he's a music composer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's a music composer. But actual recently, we just started a creative agency. So I worked at TikTok this last year and then we just decided to kind of like the dream has be a content creator full time, but what needs to pay the bills is we wanted to start a creative agency where we help brands like show up on TikTok because obviously we had both kind of come from that world.
Speaker 5: He was also working at a creative agency.
Speaker 1: So although we do have two separate rooms, so they're like, how do you start a business with like your partner, But honestly, like it's been good because there's like that separation. So yeah, we started Social play recently, so we've been like just kind of like you know, doing.
Speaker 3: On Social play. If they wanted to hire you guys for help and whatnot.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you can go to our website social playdigital dot com and everything is on there. But yeah, we literally just started like a month ago, tunny like literally baby baby baby brand, new business. Yeah, so I'm seeing that, like, you know, things can take off and you know, he has one client, and I just feel like it's exciting when you can like kind of hit the reset button and start over and build something.
Speaker 2: Together and something that you guys love and you're good at. And yeah, you know what, after this, I have a feeling we're going to see you on reality television again. Like I think I have to be honest, because I didn't watch at the beginning, so I was like, you know, like I was not I was like having one of those things about this interview anyone. You are so engaging, You're warm, you're easy to talk to, You've shown all of the emotions like we talked.
Speaker 3: You have to understand we talked to housewives multiple times a week and half the time.
Speaker 2: Everybody's so media trained and so sheltered, very like you're getting a certain type and you're just who you are, just giving it all.
Speaker 3: I have to give you cups to that because that is since.
Speaker 4: You're giving it all, I have a question.
Speaker 5: Yeah, thank you, and yet.
Speaker 2: We're going to take it back.
Speaker 4: We're going to take it back quite a few years. Did you ever hook up with Shane Kyo.
Speaker 3: The bunny Killer, Buddy Killer?
Speaker 5: She did? You did? Here's the thing, was it just a quick little hand job. Was it?
Speaker 3: No, a hand job?
Speaker 5: Hold on?
Speaker 3: Is this gonna play out on the Is it a blowy?
Speaker 5: No? No, it was none that It was way after, And honestly, I don't mean way after.
Speaker 3: You watched his episodes and you're like that's a guy. No no, no, no, no no, no, I mean a good one.
Speaker 5: Like after it was a kiss. It was a kiss, It was just a kiss.
Speaker 1: Years after, Yeah, it was nothing, a little innocent heart back then, like, yeah, it.
Speaker 5: Was literally just a kiss.
Speaker 4: And then he slipped And.
Speaker 3: This is after the show. You've moved to l A.
Speaker 1: I'm in LA Like this is years later, as in like I've been off the sho show for years. You know, we've all like kind of moved on, and I don't even know how it happened.
Speaker 4: You're friends with Alexis, right, I am.
Speaker 1: I love Alexis so much. And one thing that I don't understand is why people call. Like just yesterday, I was telling someone like, oh, you know, just sharing like I'm going to go on a podcast having done you know something housewives in a second, and they were like with who, I'm like Tamar and they're like, oh, that's awesome. Do you talk to anyone anymore. I'm like, yeah, Gina Alexis, and they're like, oh, Jesus drugs.
Speaker 4: I'm like, why do people say, like, well, because I called her Jesus jugs once that. Yeah, but you have to understand when she was with her ex husband, Yeah, she was a different person. Okay, she was a very different person.
Speaker 1: I'm like, first of all, I've never even noticed her boops are big, and second of all, the sweetest, nicest human, very sweet, very very Again, I wasn't on the show with her, and we also connected post yeah yeah, yeah, And I would.
Speaker 4: Love for her to be back on the show where she is now because she's like in a relationship now getting married.
Speaker 5: Tam Oh, I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't have a problem with her. I had a problem, Like I just didn't like her ex husband.
Speaker 5: Okay, I don't.
Speaker 4: It was allegedly allegedly, No, he just was very you know, she was a different person. I think with him, got it and she probably is today.
Speaker 5: Okay, that makes sense, got I got it? Yeah, yeah, I got it. And I'm all for for you know, people changing.
Speaker 4: But I think she's a kind person. I don't think she's got like a mean bone in her body.
Speaker 3: I don't think she's malicious.
Speaker 2: No, I haven't gotten to any life, not at all. So so I have nothing to weigh in here other than what I heard from the past.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But also I feel like all of us on the show, like I know, let's be honest, eighty percent of my interview I had probably a cocktail or two in me. Ye, Like I remember seeing some episodes where I'm like, Joe, are you really slurring as you're talking to camera, like.
Speaker 3: You're smoking a cigarette outside? Honestly heaven.
Speaker 2: I was like the fact she gives so she I mean, you could tell the two thousand and six grand and my parents would dropped me off at school with like cigarettes and we would all no one had car seats.
Speaker 3: Or anything like a different time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but the fact that you're like he's like come home and you're like, no, I know, it's not even late.
Speaker 3: And he's like it's three am, and you're like, I know.
Speaker 5: It literally like who was I? Who was she? Like I I?
Speaker 1: And so I just feel like a lot of us, Like also, I don't do pink boas and deebra hats and made costumes anymore, right, I feel like we all right, we're probably not who we were back when we were.
Speaker 3: Except for Vica, She's said exactly the same.
Speaker 4: Ye, Pinky's never changed except her face, which.
Speaker 5: By the way, I have to love. I think she looks amazing.
Speaker 2: She does, but I have to say, no, I have to say now that I watch season one, her original face is a nice face.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't have a problem with that face.
Speaker 5: Nope, I get it.
Speaker 3: We all have our own thing. I've had a necklace.
Speaker 4: Speaking of speaking of your face, well, does anybody ever mistake you for Megan Markle?
Speaker 5: That's super sweet. I have been told that before.
Speaker 3: I can see it.
Speaker 1: I see every time someone I'm like, y'all are way too kind because like, I don't see it.
Speaker 5: I think it's funny and thank you.
Speaker 1: By the way, I'm watching Suits right now because all of my shows are done for the year. I had no idea she was actually an incredible actress.
Speaker 4: I've never seen it.
Speaker 1: It's like, if you're bored, Yeah, if you're ever bored, I'm gonna watch Peacock.
Speaker 4: Netflix has nothing right now, nothing.
Speaker 3: Hold on, No, I was recently obsessed with some thing, but now I can't remember.
Speaker 4: I probably already seen it.
Speaker 1: Summerhouse also an amazing recommendation if you need a new show to watch.
Speaker 5: I'm obsessed. People are It's all provo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, So I have a question if you had to pick somebody just this is our closing question has nothing to do with Orange County. If you had to pick somebody from Vanner Pomp Rules to have sex with, who would it be?
Speaker 5: Guy?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Either or either?
Speaker 5: Oh man, I guess James Kennedy.
Speaker 1: I can't think James because, honestly, like the other two are just no, it's too much of a wreck. The other time is way too passive. And I just feel like James would give it. I feel like, you know, I.
Speaker 4: Feel like time James would be a good time in bed.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you'd probably be drinking right before it happened.
Speaker 1: I mean he would last a long time, you know, young fun girls to sir like, that's my vibe.
Speaker 4: I don't hate that answer.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't need to do that.
Speaker 3: But mine is Tom Schwartz.
Speaker 5: Really he is. Yeah, I feel he looks like my dad.
Speaker 3: Absolutely not, he looks like a dad.
Speaker 5: I feel like he would.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna fantasize it's gonna be about somebody today that he.
Speaker 3: Had an a hommer in an ill fitting suit, he'd be Joe's tight.
Speaker 5: Teddy plans. Do not know. I feel like Tom would like make love to you and James would like, No, I.
Speaker 3: Don't want making love, absolutely not.
Speaker 5: That's not happening.
Speaker 3: But we appreciate you so much.
Speaker 5: Thank you so much for having me. This was super fun and Teddy, it was really nice meeting you.
Speaker 3: It was nice meeting you too.
Speaker 4: Where can people find you?
Speaker 5: Instagram?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can go on Instagram Jody Larissa with two a's at the end, or you can go to TikTok Jody Larissa Gray.
Speaker 5: Awesome.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much. Thank you Joe so much.
Speaker 5: She thanks for having me Chay to have on.
Speaker 3: I know, like she's so likable.
Speaker 5: I know I'm like us