Speaker 1: Welcome to Reasonably Shady, a production of the Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Welcome to another episode of reasonably shad. D I am Jaselle Bryant. What's up? What's up?
Speaker 1: This is Robin Dixon, one hundred and fifty. Yes, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 2: Okay, so Millias didn't make it, but we are one of the ones that no, that's an episode. All right, guys, this is our one hundred and fiftieth episode. We are very excited. We feel yes, I had no idea, right, So first of all, thank you everyone, Thank you, thank you, thank you being a reasonably shady listener. Yes.
Speaker 1: Yes, if you're not a Patreon, you're not the reasonably Shady bunt.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 2: We encourage all of our like our like rider eyes, yes to like, tell one friend to tell one friend to tell one friend about reasonably Shady.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yes, tell people to listen yep. Make sure you are listening and subscribing and downloading and reviewing and rating and all of that good stuff so that we can continue to deliver reasonably shady. But we appreciate you all so much for rocking with us for one hundred and fifty episodes. I mean that's pretty much, you know, a little over one hundred and fifty weeks. And yeah, that's it's all times. Yes, we're that's that is. It's like we're part of your your life.
Speaker 2: Because you you hear from us every week. Yes, people are having sex to your voice. Remember we're part of intimate life.
Speaker 1: Yes, we are part of your life, your drive to work, your walk, all the things whatever it is that you're doing, like and and we appreciate you so much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we totally appreciate everybody that you're that participated in the contest. Yes, not the contest to giveaway, Yes, the giveaway, Yeah, giveaway.
Speaker 1: Don't really know what at the moment, who the winner is or when it will be announced, but yes, we do have a giveaway. Yes, and all the rules are on the Instagram page.
Speaker 2: So if we have not.
Speaker 1: Announced the winner yet, we're about to go enter right okay, Because we appreciate you, so we want to give you something for appreciating us.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, So do we want to do our shady moment or do you want to talk about how you have felt over the past one hundred and fifty episodes. Let's do our shady moment. Yeah, okay, all right, So I want to do my first Okay, I think I always want to do my first. No, you don't, okay, I don't. Okay, okay. So I you know, door dash, door dash, door dash, and some dog away robbery. There's that part, yes, Okay. So recently I ordered some stuff DoorDash and this has never happened to me before. The guy was delivering on a motorcycle. Okay, Okay, I don't. Maybe similar to New York. I think New York does that a lot.
Speaker 1: Well in recently in DC, I was I was going to Nobu and I'm like driving through the city and there were so many they were like right little so many guys or people on motorbikes bicycles and you could tell they were just door dashing like that was you know, they were food, they were going, they were just going.
Speaker 2: To and it actually was like kind of genius.
Speaker 1: If you're going to door dash in the city, like you need a motorbike.
Speaker 2: You know what's crazy? What I ordered from came from DC, so that makes sense. So he's he's on his little motorcycle and he was trying to contact me, So he's texting me because I was. I was, I was tracking him and I could tell he's in my neighborhood. He's lost. He's texting me Spanish, oh huh, and I am texting back English, please English, Please don't understand, don't understand. So I'm just I just start texting him how to get to my house because I know how people get lost. And I get no nothing for a while, and then he starts like maybe did a translation or something. He starts texting me in English. We figure it out and I can see him walking over to me from my neighbor you know, behind the bamboo that house he's walking from like their backyard to me. First of all, why and I didn't know he was on a mostcycle At first, I was like, why are you walking? Where's anyway? He gives me my stuff and I'm like goodbye, because I remember I was on the phone, like I really wasn't paying attention. Okay. Three hours later, I get a text message from that house that's behind me. Those people. Nice lady, she texts me. She was like, I just want you to want you to know that this man she took a picture of him, this man ate lunch, This man ate lunch on my lawn? What he ate lunch on my lawn? But he kept looking towards your house? What so? She thought it was like she didn't know it was DoorDash. She thought it was a guy like casing my house to rob me. So she just she was like doing her due diligence. She was like letting me know. She took a picture of everything. But three hours later, I don't know what was I don't know when he had the lunch. I don't know what was going on with this man. But he sat on her lawn and had a little siesta. He ate his lunch? What what? So? I was bought baffled, and I texted her back. I was like, yeah, I was DoorDash. So like, first of all, I just wanted to alleviate her thoughts of like this is an intruder that like casing the places. Okay, this was door Dash. He gave me my stuff. I think he was lost. She was like, yeah, that's what she told me. He sat on her lawn. What I ate his midday lunch? That's insane, Yeah, that'sane. So oh, as a matter of fact, I was on the phone with our man, my manager, and I was telling her about it, I was like, this man is gri see. So she was like, just Selle, you can't complain because then they're gonna next time you order, they're gonna put something in your food, or now that they know where you live, they might come and like chop off your your pick.
Speaker 1: You know that's the scary part about door Dash. Yeah, you can't complain, right right, that's the scary part. Like they can't save your address in the app, but they can certainly remember where they drove if they don't want to like come back and do something.
Speaker 2: And do something very bad. I don't. So long story showed, I didn't complain to door Dash. I'm just complaining now, Yeah, to all of my listeners that door Dash y'all are shady. Y'all need to do some due diligence with First of all, the people have to be able to communicate with the customers. You know, it's funny you said that.
Speaker 1: So yesterday we ordered something and my dasher got stuck in traffic because they were doing road work near my house. And so he sends me a message and it's in English, but in the message it says see Spanish translation. So he must have written it in Spanish, yes, and then they must now have an option to translate it, to translate it, right, yeah? And then so so I don't know, I don't know why.
Speaker 2: Yours he started off in Spanish.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, So maybe he, like I don't know, didn't press a button to did translate it. Or maybe he thought you were Spanish and he didn't need to translate it.
Speaker 2: Listen. I don't know. I don't know, but he did the most in my neighborhood. He did the most. You did the most, sir, and right, and how could it be?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, I guess he got lost because he's on a bike and not in a car, right, I.
Speaker 2: Mean, it was a whole lot. But I just felt like, come on, DoorDash do better? Do better. Y'all are big ass corporation. Y'all don't gotten all my money? Do better?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: DoorDash makes me nervous, like any of the I mean any of it. It could be your ups driver, that could be it could be uber No, yes, yes, all of them. So you just have to kind of you have to have a close relationship with Jesus. Yeah, but I do use a I told you alias. Yeah, I used an alias for my door dash. Oh you, I'm gonna change that. I do that too. I use an alias for uber yeah yeah, I used to do it for DoorDash too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because then that way, it's like because they don't know, you know, like if they're picking up your food and dropping it off, they don't need to know that that was your house.
Speaker 2: Right, totally yeah, no, totally, okay, all right, what's your shady moment?
Speaker 1: So the other night, I'm in the bed and all of a sudden, I am it was like three in the morning, and all of a sudden, I.
Speaker 2: Am startled with a song, all of a sudden playing on my phone.
Speaker 1: My phone just randomly started playing Missy Elliott. So like I'm sleeping and I'm thinking, like, like Missy Elliott is like in my house giving a concert or.
Speaker 2: Something college out right right. It was just like all of a sudden, like okay, yeah yeah, and I'm like start I'm like, what is going on?
Speaker 1: I look on my phone and it's just randomly playing music, and it's like it was just the weirdest thing. And so it was like the song was miss Missy Elliott throw It Back, which.
Speaker 2: I didn't really know this song, okay, but it was.
Speaker 1: Just why, like, if anyone's listening, has this ever happened to you? Because it actually happened to me. This was like why, because I don't know? This the second time this has happened to me where my phone has startled me out of my sleep in the middle of the night and playing a new song. One time it was Nicki Minaj okay, hey, nick Yes, they played Nicki Minaj song. And then another time it was this Missy Elliott song.
Speaker 2: Okay, And I'm just why is this happening? I don't know. Has it happened to anybody else?
Speaker 1: I don't know, So if this has happened to you guys, It wasn't connected to an alarm, no, okay, that's it was three in the morning.
Speaker 2: That's weird three in the morning. It was just just Win damn put it on.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: Are you sure? Did you ask him?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: I mean he didn't put it on.
Speaker 1: No, I think he should ask it was It wasn't even like I think it was playing through my I don't even know why that song was playing like it was. It was just the most random thing. It scared the ship out of me. My heart was racing. I couldn't go back to slee its mad, but like above all, I'm just curious, like why the hell did this happen?
Speaker 2: Right? And how do I make sure who is shady? Like the phone or Missy Elliott here?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 2: Miss Missy Elliot came in my room?
Speaker 1: Yes have you ever seen if you probably haven't seen, Jimmy Kimmel, He's done. He does some like clips sometimes where he's in the bed.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: They somehow set it up like he's not in the studio, he's like in his house, in his bed. And what artist was it was a Rihanna came in his bedroom and started like jump big like singing music like the ship was hilarious, like she woke him up out, yes, that is what it felt like like, Yeah, I felt like Missy Elliott was in my room waking me up.
Speaker 2: But it was just my phone. Wow, So yeah, the shady is my is my phone? Like yeah, no, that's crazy? Is that weird? That is that is well? I saw this documentary recently. I don't know why I'm thinking about this And Steve McNair, oh, yes, that have you see that? I'm told I know it's well.
Speaker 1: I know that's coming out, but I was like really into that story when it happened.
Speaker 2: It happened, yeah, yeah, so do you know who did it? The girlfriend? Right? Well, but then I just so that's what I thought too, right when it happened. But then like she shot him with the missus herself, the mistress, twenty year old. Yeah, but now they the the documentary alluded to it being a guy that she was also dating on the side. Oh really, yeah, Oh it's like new development. I don't know it was. And then it ended, It ended so abruptly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do remember it being like when you heard the story, you assumed it was the girl. Yeah, and then but it just seemed like they never really figured it out.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I want some because she got the gun from him, and he told the police that he sold it to her. No, come to find out, they had been talking. They had talked on the phone two hundred and some times. They were in a relationship, and I think he was getting a look because he's a non criminal, okay, and I think he he was in his feelings. Yeah, oh that's what I think, And he shot both of.
Speaker 1: Them, but made it to look like a suicide.
Speaker 2: Well, but the but the forensic she'd be able to tell whether or not she shot herself. Right, they never said that, They never it was never confirmed. Oh wow, Yeah, so they still call it a murder suicide or no. The documentary left it left it kind of open. It was the whole documentary was very strange. But yeah, that was what a sad story. Yeah, no, it's crazy.
Speaker 1: Ye remember that because because and I was particularly interested in it because he was you know, I'm in sports, right, he was a quarterback for the Ravens at one point, and so when that happened, it was just like.
Speaker 2: It was, yeah, shout out to I was on Delta Airlines recently. Not really a Delta girl, I'm an American girl. I was actually watching this said documentary and one of the flight attendants like wrote a little note and like just put it on the side where I was for me to read. And they were like, oh, you know, we love you, justselle blah blah blah. It was so nice. Yeah, and then another guy was like, oh, so they were super nice. Another flight attendant walks up to me and he's like, yeah, you know, I'm friends with Laurence. I'm friends with cal you know, Col's my guy. You know. People, Yeah, they just get over because if you say your friends with Cal, then I'm just gonna be automatically nice to you, right, But like, yeah, that was all very nice. So I don't know what crew that is, Delta Airlines, but y'all were the guy's name was, I think Dondre or DeAndre. Y'all were amazing. Yeah, oh good, yeah, very shout out to Delta. Yes, very sweet. It's one hundred and fifty celebration time. Okay, so we because I mean, you know, all of our listeners who have probably listened to all one hundred and forty nine slash fifty, but we want to like Red. First of all, I do want to say that this has been a blessing to me, like being able to do this podcast, being able to just like talk my shit and with like reckless abandonment, and you all listen to it every week. It has been really just like a great outlet. Truly thankful to Charlemagne, to Dilly, to everybody at Black Effect for even taking a chance on us. Absolutely, this you know, as as our listeners know, was birthed out of the pandemic, and the pandemic was horrible, but something good came out of it, called reasonably Shady. Sure did, and I thought actually we'd be done like after an episode forty two. No, we're still here for live and kick it. Yeah. And it's like respectful, Like I tell my first things to tell my kids, like I'm gonna go do reasonably Shady. They're like what now, I'm like, I'm doing the podcast. They're like, oh, okay, I won't call you, I'll leave you alone.
Speaker 1: Right, People respect it now? Yes, yes, yes they know we are working.
Speaker 2: Yes we are working. Yes. Yes.
Speaker 1: It has been such a blessing, as you said, to have Reasonably Shady, to actually know that people are going to listen to us talk and be silly and be goofy, and you really get to learn all of our personality, all of our life. You know. It's like, you know, we're goofy, but we're also compassionate, and we're you know, some sometimes very opinionated, but sometimes also very understanding. And so it's just been a blessing for you to be able to for us to be able to communicate with you all in that manner and be ourselves. And it's it really, honestly is an outlet, you know, from reality TV, from the Real Housewives. Being on Real Housewives is very stressful, it's very frustrating because you can't really control what is seen and what is talked about on the show. But Reasonably Shady has been a wonderful outlet for us to really say, you know, we're not just what you see on TV, that our friendship is not just what you see on TV, that our family lives is not just what you see on TV. It's really nice for us to be able to have this outlet. And honestly, I don't know, like I'm thinking if we didn't even have if we didn't have this outlet over the past four years, maybe how much more stressful.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, I'd be a nervous wrack. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, it's just nice, like we get like how many times have we just laughed and felt like we could be our ourselves and just shared stories and just you know, stuff that you don't get that you know, people really don't get to do on a regular Yes, you know, in this world where it's hustle and bustle, it's all about work and you know, school, and.
Speaker 2: You don't really get to just be silly. Somehs be silly and like chit chat with your girlfriend, Yeah, who you love. So it's like here's to like one hundred and fifty more. Yes, that's great. That would be crazy, I know, Charlamagne, don't fire us, that would be darling. I'll become for us. Leave us alone, I know.
Speaker 1: But yeah, we definitely didn't know what we were getting into. Now it's been it's been awesome. It's been a great, great ride or great journey, and we appreciate you all for being here with us.
Speaker 2: Yes, so thanks shout out to Robin's house because that's how we normally are, and to her couch, which I love. I know, this couch is so comfortable. Guys, like, I've never said that, but this couch is very comfortable.
Speaker 1: It is comfortable, right, Yeah, it is comfortable. I actually do have I would love to build, and we've talked about this, but I would love to put a studio and waiting one of my room. I need, Like, I don't know this. Does a podcast studio designer exist?
Speaker 2: Ah? Yes they do. They do. Send us an email, okay and with a very cheap budget. Yes, well, does it have to be is it done? Does it have to be a contractor what do you mean is the room finished?
Speaker 1: Oh it's no, like so there's no like drywall in the room. But that's fine.
Speaker 2: We can put up. But it's fine, okay, all right, come through designers. It's actually signers that it's not done because yeah, I want neon lights, I want the whole thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah right, I want like the sign of reasona shady and yes, and.
Speaker 2: Yeah the energy that moms gave dorm rooms tricking out dorm rooms at where my kids go to school. That energy, that's what we need for the podcast. For the podcast, that's what we need. Yes, you know what, Yeah, if they can do that for the dorm rooms, we can do that. We can do that ourselves. Yes, totally, totally. Okay, So we're gonna have like a little walk down memory lane. Yes, so like just thinking about like memorable moments on this podcast that stick out. Favorite moment, yes, favorite moment.
Speaker 1: I think before we get into the meat of it, we should just start with like the first episode, our first introduction, like you know, let's throw it back and see do we sound like, how do we sound the same?
Speaker 2: We sound the same? Do we sound different?
Speaker 9: Like?
Speaker 2: What are we doing different. Yeah, but Robin, you were you had to tell the world that you were a juvenile delinquent and episode one, so let's run that. Welcome to Reasonably Shady. This is Giselle Brian here and I am here with Hello everyone. My name is Robin Dixon. Yes, this is our Reasonably Shady podcast. This is our first podcast. Guys. We don't know what the hell were doing, but just bear with us because we're going to figure it out and by the time we're like on episode I don't know, twenty eight will be great.
Speaker 6: Somewhere along the way, I met some people who weren't the perfect children, and I succumed to peer pressure in like seventh grade.
Speaker 2: And what happened, Robbin? In seventh grade?
Speaker 1: In seventh grade, I was smoking cigarettes in running the streets, like running up and down the you know, the literal streets of my neighborhood.
Speaker 2: Yeah, smoking cigarettes in seventh grade. So you would chain smoking like an old lady. Well, I mean we were.
Speaker 1: Like hiding behind the bushes smoking cigarettes. Then we would go and like break the Mercedes emblems off of people's way ladies cars.
Speaker 2: You are a vandal. You were randomizing the streets.
Speaker 1: Yes, so I'm like, I'm sorry. If you noticed one day that your Mercedes emblem was gone from the hood of your car, it was robbing.
Speaker 2: It was me what I was taking a can of soda.
Speaker 1: This is like a federal offense. I think the statue of Limitations statue. Yeah, it's over, okay. I was taking a can of soda and pouring it in the mailbox, like blue mailbox that you like put your mail in, Like people like, oh, I gotta pay my bills, let me drop it in this blue mailbox. So you are and take a can of soda and pour it in the mailbox.
Speaker 2: So people have pepsi mail, cold mail because of Robbins. This is horrible. I thought I was bad. No, you take the cake, honey. So that was seventh grade. So then God forbid you get the eighth grass no better. And all the while my parents think I'm perfect. Oh they had They were none the wiser.
Speaker 1: They were none the wiser, Like, how did they not smell that cigarette smoke on me? Maybe they were in denial, Gladys girl, you couldn't smell Robbins, you know. Like I'm to this day, I'm like, I don't want to talk about this, and my brother brings up this shit, and I'm.
Speaker 2: Can we curse here? Yeah? We can cursey it?
Speaker 1: Okay, m hm, because I have a potty mouth. My brother brings this stuff up as if it's like the funniest thing on earth.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, no, don't talk about it.
Speaker 1: So anyway, okay, okay, eighth grade, I am drinking mad dog what twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: In eighth grade and you didn't even get to high school yet? No? No, I didn't get to high school yet. So you was a cigarette drunk and I was smoking weed and you were smoking with Robbing Dixon in eighth grade. Eighth grade, Like, that's really really young, Like because eighth grade you're what fourth to twelve? You're thirteen? You I'm a year younger than everyone else, So you're twelve. I started school year early. Okay. So if my children were right now, because you know, the twins or fourteen, if they were smoking weed, I would be like livid. I would beat their ass for you, yes, okay.
Speaker 1: Like, and my and my son Corey just turnedeen yesterday and I could not imagine him being around anyone doing that.
Speaker 2: So do I need to keep you away from my kids? No, are you a bad influence Robin? So after we found out Robin was a juvenile delinquent, I just I just wanted them to like get to know me better, yes, like.
Speaker 1: To understand me a little bit more, right, you know. But then like your mom is like down for whatever, like your mom is like amazing. Well one of it still kind of like cracks me up sometimes. One of my favorite moments is early on in the podcast. It was a very early episode. Yeah, when I had a I had a I needed to know if something that I thought I saw was what I saw, right, And so we called my mom out of the blue and got her on the phone and I had to ask. And she was very honest, right, Well she didn't remember, Oh she didn't remember.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Oh I thought she was very honest. Yeah, okay remember. Okay, but this was back before you blocked your mother from the podcast, right, because that has happened.
Speaker 5: Mom, Yeah, what are you doing on my way home?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: So I'm recording my podcast right now, so you are being recorded, But have a I have a burning, embarrassing question that I need to ask you, and I need you to confirm that I'm right. Okay, are you listening. Okay, So I have this memory from when I was little, from when we lived on Prince George Road, and I remember waking up in the morning and walking to your room and Dad was on top of you, and I said something like.
Speaker 2: What's happening? What are you doing? And you said, I have to go pee and he won't let me get up. He won't let me get up, and y'all were laughing. And at that time I didn't really put two and two together.
Speaker 1: But when I was older, one day, I think I was just like driving or in the shower or something, and like a light bulb went off of.
Speaker 2: My head and I was like, wait a minute.
Speaker 1: He wasn't trying to stop her from going to the bathroom because she had to pee.
Speaker 2: They were having sex.
Speaker 10: I have no comments.
Speaker 5: You know what.
Speaker 2: That is the best thing for you to say. No comment. And for the record, I told Robin not to call you like, no, this is none of my business.
Speaker 11: That is true or not not true.
Speaker 3: True, you have comments.
Speaker 2: I said, you cannot confirm that. Boy.
Speaker 1: Come on now, I'm not like I fell for it. I want to say, good job.
Speaker 9: That was.
Speaker 2: I have a birthday. This is her birthday. Birthday listen, should not be calling you with this on your birthday. You remember something like that?
Speaker 1: I just trying you remember some other things. I mean, you can remember something like that, because that's like a For me as a parent, that would have been a mortifying moment. So I feel like I would have remembered that no matter how old I was.
Speaker 9: It must not have happened.
Speaker 5: I think it did.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you now, I know, and I'm sticking to it for whatever reason. For whatever reason, I have never forgotten that. I literally was like, wait a minute, she didn't have to peep.
Speaker 10: At me.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm so devastated that I walked in on you all having sex.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. Okay, that was it. We gotta we gotta get back. It happened. I'm telling you it happened. I know for sure what happened.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, but that was a very good excuse, and I'm gonna use it if I ever.
Speaker 2: Need to thank you. All right, Okay, and Wenna, let you go. We're wrapping up, all right, Okay, bye, Robin. You are the most You are the most worst, if that's even possible, daughter I've ever met. You are a horrible daughter. Okay, Sex is natural wives, It is natural. Embarrassed to admit that. Of course, embarrassed to admit you're her child, and people will be too.
Speaker 5: And I'm forty two.
Speaker 2: Okay, fine, all right, Mama should have been like, yeah, I was getting it in.
Speaker 12: That was me.
Speaker 2: I'm glad I got that off my chest. You mean too, Okay, Oh my god, happy birthday to your mom. That was a wonderful birthday present. Yes, so you know, I say all kinds of crazy things out of my mouth that I shouldn't say. Yes, you do. But I blame all of that on Jamal Bryant and your dad and my father and my mother. Yes, yeah, there we go, the three of them combined. I was bound to just fail.
Speaker 1: Yes, But but that Jamal Bryant, Oh my gosh, we got him more reasonably.
Speaker 2: Shady woo baby.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, okay, that is the shady one. Yes, was the shady one. Yes, that was a funny episode.
Speaker 2: Yes, and that, you know, being around Jamal, I realized that you can be shady and get away with it. He gets away with it. He didn't in the name of Jesus. See, I'm not a really good cook, so I'm not I don't. I didn't really whine and dine Jamal by my home cooking, right, But what was your favorite part of you?
Speaker 3: Okay, rib let me tell you that, rob Rob, I gotta tell you this. Do you know what our first fight was in marriage?
Speaker 2: What was that? I have no idea?
Speaker 3: When are you going to the supermarket? You didn't know, Robin, she was coming.
Speaker 13: Back with chips. It's start getting a home cooked meals. So the girls was born?
Speaker 2: Oh my god. Okay, but.
Speaker 3: Call yeah.
Speaker 2: In my defense, in my defense, Jamal, you like to go to restaurants to eat. You like to do that, but.
Speaker 3: When we're sitting in the same house, you gotta go down the state. Robbin, this is two thousand one eating. There was no brother.
Speaker 13: This is doing just got off a motor two way pages pay something.
Speaker 2: Okay. This was actually going to be my last question to you, and we might finish it just for what he just said. But anyway, okay, so what was the best part about being married to Jiselle? Because you're the only person on this planet that has been.
Speaker 14: Married to me, there's a reason that's be a whole other show you no, no, no, Jouzelle pushed me to be better.
Speaker 8: And she's the only one outside of my parents who has spoken into my life to really push me to go to another level. I preached at a conference at my home church one day and I thought.
Speaker 3: I killed that job. I mean, I thought Star Wars the Force was with me and Giselle.
Speaker 8: We got in the car, Jaseelle was like, you have really stopped growing.
Speaker 3: Oh do you really think just the best that you can do?
Speaker 8: I was high all offended, wow, but really seriously for it.
Speaker 3: To really go to another point.
Speaker 8: And then when does herschel Walker video went viral. I saw Jaseelle maybe a week after that, and she said, this is your vain Why did you leave that? You need to stay and what it is that you are good at and be your best And a lot of people don't really have authentic friends that can push you to be better. And so the thing that I value about Giselle, She's always pushed me to be better, even if she's pushing me over the cliff without a parachute.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're going to leave it at that. That was such a nice way to end. I want everybody know Jamal Brian is one of my favorite people on Earth. Oh that's nice. Yes, one of my favorite people on earth.
Speaker 3: Put that. Don't do that because Rabbin is sitting there, not one of not one of the Don't do that.
Speaker 2: You're not the I have.
Speaker 3: Don't do that. Don't do that. Don't do that because Rapping is sitting there. Tell the truth.
Speaker 2: You're one of them. Okay, I have, I have Grace Angela.
Speaker 3: They're my favorite.
Speaker 2: Jabal's the four way time. It's okay, I can say that you you are in the top five. Okay, a favorite people montage.
Speaker 13: I have three kids, I have three kids.
Speaker 2: Three kids. I have two parents. I have three kids. I have two parents. Yes, so you you beat out one parent? Yeah, gee geez.
Speaker 3: Anyway, thank you for letting me come on the show.
Speaker 2: All right, y'all, so.
Speaker 1: Listen, we need like a montage for this one, Yes, we do, because you know I'm always putting my shady husband on blast. Let's let's run the montage of shady one moments.
Speaker 2: There's so many. All these girls are asking their husbands or significant of us whatever. Men. Do you think about the Roman Empire?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: How often do you think about the Roman? And they're all like, oh, yesterday, every day, every day? Oh well, what part the gladiators or the like they like they think about it. All right, So yeah, I wanted you to ask win. Can we call one? We can? We can see the answer. I already know its answer. All okay, let's see we get wine on the phone. We need to know who's thinking about the Roman Empire? Hello, Hi, are you in the house? No, okay, I have a quick question. You're on the podcast. Really quick. It's not shady. Don't worry, I can No, it's real quick. No, it's real quick. It's really quick. You can ask your doctor the same question. Yes, you ready?
Speaker 1: How often do you think about the Roman Empire?
Speaker 12: How often do I think about the Roman Empire?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 12: I don't.
Speaker 2: Okay, ask the doctors doctor right? Yes? Is there any other men in the room? Are there any other men in the room?
Speaker 1: Got the McCloy you do you ever think about the Roman Empire?
Speaker 3: I just did right now, he said, he.
Speaker 2: Just did right now, right now. But outside of that, normally he does it. Normally he does it. Okay, thank you one, all right, because you maybe just.
Speaker 4: Think about it, he think about.
Speaker 3: Why do you ask me that?
Speaker 1: It looks plain like it's like a TikTok phenomenon. Apparently there's a lot of men that think about the Roman Empire on the daily.
Speaker 2: So I just want to see if you were one of them.
Speaker 1: The Roman Empire.
Speaker 5: Yeah, is that a trick question?
Speaker 3: No, like, who thinks about the Roman Empire?
Speaker 2: A lot of people, A lot of men. I don't know. Do you think about the Roman Empire?
Speaker 3: Justly?
Speaker 2: You don't have time?
Speaker 12: No, I mean I don't know the Roman Empire, the ruler that I mean powerful.
Speaker 5: I don't know the coliseum.
Speaker 8: Remember I watched I watched it, but I ain't I don't think.
Speaker 3: I ain't think about it.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of people that do.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you one, all right everyone Jan Dixon's recentally shady debut. Bye, Okay, So one has just clarify he has spoken for all black men everywhere.
Speaker 3: Yea.
Speaker 2: And I believe doctor McCoy is black too. Yeah, I could tell. Yeah, So there you have it. One got booted out the gym. So while I was in the bathroom minding his business, peeing in the corner. I guess I don't. I don't know how the bathroom is set up. And this is I want to tell the gym the name of the gym lifetime. Sure, okay. And the reason why I know this is because Why just told me the story. Okay. So he was highly entertained. I was.
Speaker 1: I was, really, did he cut his hair off or something? He cut his beard down, so he looked, you right, he.
Speaker 2: Looks totally different, really okay, in a good way. He's great. So he was at the gym and he was in the bathroom and his dude was in there taking a ship because he was in the stall, and I guess that's signed for you taking a shit taking. He comes out and he just walks out the bathroom yep. And WY was like, Yo, you better wash your hands because that shit is nasty. And the dude turned around and was like what, I'm gonna use hand sanitizer and WY was like, you nasty man, You're disgusting. So the guy walks out and he's pissed. Yes, So he goes on the gym floor with his little girlfriend. He tells his little girlfriend what's happening because and Why knows this. I can't believe I'm telling the story not you know, And of course one hot sauce it just letting her go. I know, Wan knows that they're staring at him because he can feel them staring. So he's across the way and and he the guy looks at one looks in Wan's direction, and he was like, yeah, you're just an idiot. So Wa was like, I think an end somewhere in between, he said, you're not my daddy. I think that's what he was saying in the bathroom. You're not my daddy. Yeah, you're not my daddy. I'm just gonna use hand sanitized because that's gonna make my hands clean.
Speaker 1: So anyway, before can I can I just interject here, Wine is a germaphobe.
Speaker 2: Yes, so he his antenna is always up for nasty shit.
Speaker 1: Okay, So when he's in the bathroom, he is watching to make sure that people wash their hands, because I mean and rightfully. So you're in the gym, people touch the weights, they touch the equipment, and then people come behind behind you and you touch it and all of that, and so that is how germs get spread. Okay, I'm just giving you all a little backstore of him that that is a passion of his, Yes, of avoiding germs.
Speaker 2: Avoiding germs is a passion. It's a wine passion. Okay. So they're they're on like the main level of the gym. Everyone's watching and the boy, the guy says to want or in his direction, you're just an idiot. And so then Wan was like, why was across the gym. He puts his things down, walks very strong. The man walked over to wall. Oh yeah. The man walked up to said idiot. You an idiot, And so Wan was like, what you say? What you say? And you know, anytime a man says what you say and he's coming at you, it's never good. So the dude was like, he didn't say anything. So one was like, what you say? What you say?
Speaker 5: Oh my god?
Speaker 2: And the guy like back the way he went back to scurried back to where his girlfriend was. Okay, so is the situation is over. It's dead. Wan leaves, the dude leads everybody's back to their corners. The next day, one comes to the gym. He tries to swipe his card. They's like dirt there, dirt, dirt. In other words, his card didn't work. They was like, you're no longer a member here. You need you need to take a breather. They told him he needed to take a breather. Okay, him and the dude got banned from the gym for the for the altercation that didn't happen, which was based off of shitting and not washing that hand. Your hand. This is this is some drama. This is better than the real We was so okay.
Speaker 1: So when he went to go in the in the gym and they didn't let him in and they didn't tell him right away, and he was like, is this because of the incident, and so they were like you know that because they did a little investigation, like oh yes, And so he's like, who do I need to talk to? So he kept the person that he needed to talk to was not there. They were at corporate and blah blah. Yeah, he was blowing those people up and just like this is not fair. And so this this between the period of him being terminated his membership was terminated.
Speaker 2: Oh, it was terminated.
Speaker 14: D Oh.
Speaker 1: It wasn't like a con No, it was that was that was the message he received first, membership has been terminated. We've been removed from your family account. So he spent like the whole whole week trying to get somebody on the phone right to talk to them and try to plead his case.
Speaker 2: And whatever.
Speaker 1: And then so finally he found out yesterday that you know, he was able to talk to them, explaining his side, and then they said, okay, we're going to reinstate you.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, I like that, but we're going to give you a cooling off period.
Speaker 1: So he'll be reinstated in a month thirty day cooling offs. But they also did the same thing to the other guy.
Speaker 2: As they should because because he's, thank his hands stanks spreading malaria in the ship. I don't know if it's malaria, if it's quite Coli. He's spreading all Friday Coli. Yes he is in him and his nasty ass girlfriend. Yes, so, but it was it was so funny. He was so mad, he was so upset. He was just like, what do I do?
Speaker 1: Okay, So I can't say while we're going through our good memories or good times, I got it.
Speaker 2: I gotta to bring up.
Speaker 1: You know, there probably was one thing I probably just should have kept my mouth shut on.
Speaker 2: You know, we don't have to throw back to that one. But what when the whole damn world ah blew up.
Speaker 1: I mean, this episode, this podcast has gotten us in trouble talk.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, Taylor. Don't rerun that, Please, God, don't rerun it. We're not the love of God.
Speaker 1: We're not throwing back to those but just saying, yes, you know, we had good moments and we've had some some rocky ones, and we've had some rocky ones because people choose to take what we say and turn it into not.
Speaker 2: The end of the world. Yes, yeah, And I realized with the podcast that you can get yourself in trouble by just talking, right, yeah, because inevitably somebody's going to be offended. Somebody can take something out of context, right, and when the intention wasn't that right at all, not at all.
Speaker 1: It's it kind of we can get in trouble because it's like we get a little too comfortable, yeah, right, And it's like we were talking to each other, and sometimes we forget that we're not only talking to each other, or or that we're not only talking to friends. Like we you know, we receive so much love from our you know, the listeners that we think you're we're we're talking to all of our friends, but there are some people who you know, might listen and they and they want to get upset over something, and so it hasn't just been me, you know, both of us. You know, it'll be a headline, you know, Robin said this, and Gazelle said and that, this, that and the other.
Speaker 2: But I'm okay, go ahead.
Speaker 1: And it's just, you know, that's one of the things, like I don't want us to censor ourselves, and I do want everyone to still feel like, you know, I guess it's that whole free speech thing, like, you know, we all should have free speech and you shouldn't be vilified for the stuff that you say, whether it's your opinion or your experiences or whatever. But that is kind of one of the dangers of podcasting.
Speaker 6: It is.
Speaker 2: But I think that, you know, lately, people have realized that our tinges are not bad. I think that the people that get really offended are like the haters. Yeah, like they want they want us to be. And I think that we have like shooking off the haters. I don't know if shooking is a word. Well, I don't Well, we'll see, we'll see.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, once this show comes back on, you know, right, they're gonna come right back come well, you know now that I'm not on the show, like they can they can rest.
Speaker 2: They're gonna be sad, They're gonna be like, we don't what do we have to talk about? Yeah, but where is Robin?
Speaker 1: Yeah but you know, let's let's get back to the the fun, positive moments.
Speaker 2: I just wanted to throw that out there. You know, I think that we have we've stuck to like our not our schedule, what would you call it, like our segments or whatever. Yeah, but we really don't have a routine, right, We're all over the place. Yes, we really just talk about whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we we It's not like we have an outline that we stick to, right, or like every week it's the same thing. But I think that's what makes what keeps it interesting. You know, sometimes we'll be really heavy on the current events and the gossip kind of stuff. Yeah, sometimes we'll be really heavy on the listener emails or the reasonable or shady moments, or you know, sometimes we'll be real heavy on just like a particular hypothetical.
Speaker 2: Scenario, what if situation?
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: So I think that's what keeps it interesting. It's like, you know, not to put down like other.
Speaker 2: Types of podcasts, but like if we can, right, we still here, right, if we were like a podcast just about business is like, yeah, that's so like every week. It's like, but I guess you need to know about business every week. I guess right, Yeah, yeah, if you're really into making money, right, which is important. Oh and some of y'all write us and tell us suggestions. We don't give a damn. We just go do what we do right.
Speaker 1: Well, I like constructive criticism, but you know, to be honest, we don't get a lot of criticism. Now we get ninety nine percent love. And some of the criticism could just be like you just don't agree with something we said, like I don't know you you talked about Teresa is the problem, and it might be you know two people, Teresa is not the problem like something like that. So yes, yeah, but outside of that most most of it is love and praise and speaking of that, like, let's we have we ask some people to like, yes, some voice notes and tell us how they feel about Reasonably Shady and how it's you know, part of their life.
Speaker 2: So yes, as we celebrates one hundred and fifty episodes, Yes, so thank you for sending these in.
Speaker 10: Your call has them forwarded to an automatic voice message system at the tone, Please record your message When you have finished recording, you may hang up or press one for more options.
Speaker 12: Good morning, ladies, is Derek Dash just wanted to get on here and congratulate you ladies on one hundred and fifty episodes. That's a huge accomplishment. A lot of podcasts don't make it this far, so kudos to you ladies. Surrounded applause. Hope you ladies patch yourself on the back again. Huge accomplishment. I look forward to watching n seeing you guys another one hundred and fifty more episodes and again, congratulations on one hundred and fifty and I wish you many many more. Now I talk to you later.
Speaker 11: Bye.
Speaker 15: Congratulations to my favorite rich Aunties on one hundred and fifty episodes.
Speaker 2: Whoo boom.
Speaker 15: Y'all picked the perfect day to hear new episodes of the pole, because, I mean, what better way to start off the week than to be reasonably shapey.
Speaker 2: Shout out to the naysayers and haters.
Speaker 15: Who had low expectations for this pole, because the two of you have surpassed all expectations. I am very proud to call you my rich Aunties. Be a GEB fan, a lover and a part of the g squad, which I came up with the name, so give me my credit, Zi. But in all seriousness, thank you so much for the pod, ladies. You have no idea how much it has helped me build my confidence and even on my dark days, I love to re listen to my favorite funny episodes like Thankfully Shady, with Giselle literally told her family too yob on Thanksgiving and your life matters. Thank you for all the lass I love you too.
Speaker 16: He did another album for my college dorm and Memphis, Tennessee. I love Reasonably Shady. Ever since I heard that you guys were announcing a podcast on rihop, I immediately knew I was hooked. I had to catch up, but I think I listened like all the way up to episode one hundred and under, maybe a week. I don't have the mathis right on math, but like I'm.
Speaker 2: A stuper fan. I love you guys so much.
Speaker 16: Giselle, I have a signed autograph picture of you hang up on my dorm room, right next to Beyonce.
Speaker 2: Love y'all so much. Thank you so much for creating this podcast. Love y'all. Okay, here I am. I am sending you a voice message.
Speaker 11: Even though I've already heard my voice on the podcast shout out to having me on there, but I really wanted to get on here because I'm such a fan of the podcast because you guys keep it real. You talk about things that are relevant, but you add an edge to it. I love that you guys are authentic and no matter what you're going through in life, you still bring a little bit of comedic relief, so it kind of helps us feel the exact same way. So congratulations, congratulations one hundred and fifty episodes. Like I remember when y'all started, so I'm so proud of y'all. I'm so excited for y'all. And here is too, like two hundred and fifty more. Oh it's also it's Jen Robin.
Speaker 9: You already know who it is.
Speaker 7: Hello, Robin and Jizon. Congratulations on the one in fifty episodes. I am from friends and I've been following you for, like, I guess, since the beginning, and you guys are so funny, so I love it very much. Thank you for all the laughter, and I hope you keep going this way.
Speaker 9: Hey Gazelle and Robin, it's your favorite fan. Me me here, and I just want to say congratulations are making it to one hundred and fifty episodesma ba, you ladies are amazing.
Speaker 2: This podcast is amazing. It brings us so much joy.
Speaker 9: Laughter in shade for the beginning of our week, and we will not having no other way. I want you guys to keep onscribing. I want you guys to keep on moving up on the ladder.
Speaker 3: I hope you.
Speaker 9: Guys make it to one hundred and fifty more episodes times three because you ladies deserve it. Keep being your true, authentic self, and I promise you this podcast is going to be more successful than it has ever been. I will continue to rise for just Zelle and Robin to the end of this world because you know I will go to war about y'all. The best is yet to come.
Speaker 2: So keep on.
Speaker 9: Don't let nothing stop y'all. Signing out the president of the G Squad, Hi, Jaselle and Robin. It's your favorite person from Toronto Mohammed. Meeting both of you change my life completely. Not only are you guys the best people, but you both are beautiful inside and out. Meeting you both at Brava Cohn was the best experience of my life. I literally went to Bravo Con just to meet you. And I told everyone and anyone who could listen, I'm only here for Potomac to see Giselle and Robin. And when I got to meet you guys, and I got to ask my shady questions and I got to shade the ground Dame aka the Fake Grand Dame, it was everything. You guys are the best people inside and out, and meeting you was like watching you.
Speaker 4: Guys on TV. I love you both, and thank you guys so much for making sure that you not only understand the assignment when it comes to the podcast, but you also make sure that every one of your reasonably shady bunch, including the Patreon is get it a full experience, especially in live shows. So Rob and Girl start booking some more live shows the UK.
Speaker 2: Soon We're gonna keep doing what we're doing. So this is not like a by sea later because I start to feel like this is like this is like a send off, all right, So this is like y'all got fired.
Speaker 1: Yes, no, this is a we're stopping to show love because we really appreciate you all for allowing us into your lives and allow to give us this outlet to do what we're doing and please continue to listen to reasonably Shady. Follow us on Instagram at reasonably shade, Yeah, rate, reviewep do Patreon, YouTube, Patreon, We're on YouTube.
Speaker 2: We got the thanks. What else?
Speaker 1: Oh, send your emails in You can email us at what's up at reasonably shady dot com.
Speaker 2: Yep, yeah, and Carly may be coming back soon, right listen, Yes, shout out to carl shot. Yes, we could not have done this with our part. Yes, well we see it, but we do love Carly figured it out. But yes, no, Carly is.
Speaker 1: Carly's been with us most of the way and so we appreciate her help too.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes we do. And Taylor, oh my gosh, okay, so but we do give Taylor shoututs occasionally. But he's our editor. Yes, he's our editor, and he for one hundred and fifty episode.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we love Taylor Taylor, so we love y'all. We we will be back that as our episode. Don't ever forget to live your life. Either reasonable or Shade date or boat. Reasonably Shady is a production of the Black Effect podcast Network.
Speaker 1: For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app Apple Podcasts or wherever you listen
Speaker 2: To your favorite shows, and you can connect with us on social media at Robin Dixon, Ten, Giselle Bryant, and reasonably Shady