Speaker 1: What's Up?
Speaker 2: And welcome back to another episode of No Senner's podcast with your hosts now fuck That with your loaw glasses, Malone, I ain't no big political guy, bro, you know, I ain't really you know what I guess. In the streets, I'm more aware of policies. I'm more of my world of politics, you know what I mean, where the street policies are dominant. But as far as American policies, you know what I mean, I'm really I get it. I get it makes sense to me to some degree. Like it's really hard for me because even like something like abortion, you know, I get kind of both sides of it. I'm probably like more to the ladder of like you probably shouldn't get abortions, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: But then I do understand those.
Speaker 2: Particular instances where somebody got raped and maybe somebody may die if they deliver a child, you.
Speaker 1: Know what I mean.
Speaker 2: And you know I don't necessarily agree with the woman's body because I just think that's such a disingenuous you know, debate. Like just when I think about policies, you know what I mean, My my problem is to me, they seem too simple, like which.
Speaker 1: Ones well just just how they should be.
Speaker 2: America should be a country that depends on itself. Sure, now I don't know how that lines up right. So I don't like the fact we outsource so many things, you know what I mean? And even compared to like my hip hop career, Like I feel like one thing my hip hop career did take punishment in it was too many things outsourced. When I first came into this business, like I believed in bringing everything in house. You know, my older brother some of my team, they didn't really understand that. They were so used to just you know how they saw you know, rap and hip hop going because they were more vested in it than I was. But I remember walking in thinking to myself, like, Yo, I'm not going to.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to sell tickets to perform for somebody else. I'm going to book the venue myself. I'm going to press up my CDs and push them throughout the West Coast myself. Like even how I wanted my own record deal when Freeway Rick and Army Mani from John Street both who homes shout out to them brothers, But they was gonna give me seven hundred to seven hundred and fifty thousand dollars in two thousand and five to launch Blue Division then, and that was my goal. I really listened to Pool, my older brother. He wanted to do the deal with Sony, like they wanted to do a record deal with cash money in different people, so you know, they were more vested in hip hop. So I listened to them. But where we at now, Like it's hard for me to listen to other people who aren't as vested, but I still do listen even if I don't take the advice. I listen, but I also know the path I want to walk, and I'm still you know, tweaking things because really this path doesn't exist today. Like the last time this path existed was probably like in the sixties and seventies, before you know, corporations got involved into black music, you know what I mean, when you had to do it yourself. And that's my mentality, Pete, Like I really believe, like yo to make this happen for Glasses and alone as an artist. Glasses is a is a is a person of people. Like I've always done well when it's me and people, but whenever you know, you get behind the curtain, like no artist is going to be able to be There's not an artist today that's going to do better in a room full of strangers than me, you know what I mean, There's not an artist today. And I could really say that, like, there's not an artist today that will do better in a room full.
Speaker 1: Of strangers than I would.
Speaker 2: True, it don't matter which room it could be, the palos, white folks that don't even like Negroes, to the streetest, most violent negroes in the history of the world, the whole spectrum, you know whatever, all colors in between. That's always worked for me, and I know that that's been my gift, that that worked for me. Well, I look at the same with policies, whereas like I really believe in America, bro that has that, that's forced to fin for itself, that has to create its own products, that has to create its own cars, that has.
Speaker 1: To create everything.
Speaker 2: Because to me, it makes sense to create jobs, right, That's how you create jobs. Economy that pours into itself and rewards itself. So to me, that's what makes it simple. That's the whole concept of policy. Everything else is just bullshit, you know what I mean, Every other part of it to me, is just bullshit. Like that's the simple part of it. This country should be pouring into itself, I mean, and rewarding itself a porn. It should be this cycle of things happening for Americans.
Speaker 3: I agree with that.
Speaker 4: I think that like the way I would illustrate, like my opinion on how policy and the job market and US economy works is like a like the Hoover dam.
Speaker 3: Our economy needs to grow in advance.
Speaker 4: You know, it's going to grow in advance faster than the rest of the world.
Speaker 3: So you don't want to like.
Speaker 4: Have a big block of people stuck with these like low paying pedestrian jobs that like really don't fit here. So you kind of kind of but you have to you have to manage the flow. You can't just open and let all the water flood out like we did. You have to hold a reservoir of domestic jobs while you strategically, you know, let the water out of the bottom at the same rate that it's coming in to keep that water lying stable. And we don't do a good job of that because people want to you know, dump water or buy water downstream.
Speaker 3: Or however the hell you want to look at it.
Speaker 1: Outside of crude oil. Do we need to depend on another country for something else?
Speaker 3: We don't need to depend on what crude oil.
Speaker 4: We were net oil exporters during the Trump era we got We have so much freaking oil.
Speaker 3: It's absurd.
Speaker 4: We have so much fossil fuel and energy sources in this country on our own land rights. It is utterly absurd. That's just purely EPA policy because for whatever reason, Democrats feel better about themselves when they buy oil from other countries than when they buy it from here.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 2: So what I would like to believe now, this is my intellect kicking in now. Obviously it's limited information, so I can't even trust it as just intellect. But I genuinely believe when you start to pump too much oil, like oil and water is the is the Earth's life blood, right, and it does repln It's just like blood replenishes in our body. We could get shot and love some blood and eventually our bodies will repent it, you know, will replenished blood. And I do think you can only pull so much, you know, so often, you know, before the earth needs to replenish blood.
Speaker 1: You know. Does that make sense?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: So is there anything we need to depend on for another country? Like, is there something we do not that that cannot be made in this country that we need to depend on another country for?
Speaker 4: There might be some rare earth mineral things. Everything really just comes down to cost. Truth be told, we could do everything here, but a lot of people don't want to pay eighteen hundred dollars for a television.
Speaker 3: That's really what it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but what if you can afford an eighteen hundred dollars television? Do you get what I'm saying?
Speaker 3: I get what you're saying.
Speaker 4: This issue is like there's a disassociation with verticals and costs and all that kind of stuff, you know, So at some point I think it comes down to, like, all right, you're going to pay all these people who make televisions blank dollars here, and they'll have the money to buy televisions.
Speaker 3: But like, the consumption rate.
Speaker 4: Doesn't always outrun the production rate, so the demand doesn't always stay on track with the supply. So when that starts to happen, the company will go to business because they're paying an awful lot of money to make each television. And then it's the demand, you know, doesn't keep up, because I don't think that Honestly, if TVs were made in the US and they cost eighteen hundred dollars, people wouldn't be buying TVs. Like people throw out TVs when they move apartments, Like you have many random like just decent enough TVs, you see. If we will throw something into the television, like if it's a three hundred dollars whatever, like it's not that big a deal, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I think, but I think that's the problem.
Speaker 3: It is a big part of the problem, you know.
Speaker 2: What I mean. Like, sure, so many things that we have that are like unnecessary, but they're so cheap, and they become these huge distractions, right because I'm at one time America I'm sure.
Speaker 1: Was making its own TVs.
Speaker 2: Only so many people had TVs, right, But it also created more or of a you didn't have so many things to distract you like this this, Like was it worth starting to do business with other countries to put a TV in every household as a distraction, Like.
Speaker 3: It's not even that it's a TV in every room in every household?
Speaker 1: Now was that really worth it?
Speaker 2: Because it really just creates a level of the distraction it's not even a necessary tool, like I could see if it was something that was necessary to advance humanity versus something to distract humanity.
Speaker 1: Right in my tribute, No, you're a.
Speaker 4: Thousand percent right, there's a and it manifests itself in so many ways. There's a huge like what Kanye West said it right in the first album, young female attention to retail or something like that.
Speaker 3: But it's bigger than them.
Speaker 4: It's it's it's throughout society where there's a massive, you know, cultural obsession with just retail therapy culture. And credit card debt is super high. Credit card that's not high like that because people are because food went up.
Speaker 3: That sucks.
Speaker 4: It's expensive gasing up. That's I get that. The marginal difference is a lot of stupid, worthless ass ship that people buy all the time. And you can see, I mean you just look around like there's so much, so many companies that make dumb fucking widgets that are eighty billion dollar companies.
Speaker 3: For what it was, by the shit, why.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: Those sendings gl my man Pete working through some things, working through some things, let us work.
Speaker 4: And on the inverse of that, we're a historical low point in savings and also like democratized investment, people don't have a lot of money they're investing on their own. Everybody's investments now is like their house and their four O one K. That's everybody, and that's a small amount of money. So there's these huge gaps that then have to have programs by the government pay for every thing, which are these ballooned up government agencies and debt which contribute to the inflation. It does root in the fact that we do not personally as individuals, manage our books very well, so we outsource it to companies and government, and that's not a good model.
Speaker 3: We're seeing the fruit of that right now.
Speaker 2: So why is it so obvious for me to see and not so obvious for other people to see?
Speaker 1: Like how did okay?
Speaker 2: Now, I'm not a policy person again, I'm not in the politics enough to really jump off a cliff. I know, really bare minimums of all this stuff. But it does come across very democratic, I mean, to that concept, you know what I mean? Why is it so easy for me to see.
Speaker 3: Because you don't, I don't think, have a habit.
Speaker 4: Of self deception or believing, Like if you had a menu of things in front of you. You can believe bucket A, B, C or D. You're not gonna always choose the one you wish were true. You're gonna look more trying to figure out which one actually is. Most people, at least enough people are like, well, I mean, I don't know which one it is, but rather than figuring it out, I I'd be happy if it was B.
Speaker 3: So I'm going with B.
Speaker 1: And that's just.
Speaker 3: That's just dumb. Every Man thought.
Speaker 2: So many things about this that makes perfect sense to me, yet people are arguing about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just.
Speaker 2: Like, if you barely pay people, right, if you barely pay people, if you create a system where everybody doesn't have money and then you create a Walmart to service people who don't have money.
Speaker 1: It just seems so counterproductive to me. Like that.
Speaker 2: That's one of those things that make me think, like this world is, like, this country is ridiculous, It's silly.
Speaker 1: Why the fuck?
Speaker 2: Okay, in my mind, America is a business of businesses, right, It's in the business of empowering business basic America.
Speaker 1: Not that he.
Speaker 3: Said that the business of America is business.
Speaker 2: Yeah I never heard, right, Okay, so dope, right, So it makes sense to me. Right, this is kind of this sober conscious mind that I'm always looking at taking in information.
Speaker 1: I never heard that, but that's dope.
Speaker 4: Right, because it was written on the wall over the head of my APUs history teacher in like the eleventh grade, and I was staring at it every day.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: So America empowers businesses because businesses are supposed to take care of American citizens. Yeah, right, Because if businesses are flourishing and they hire American citizens, than American citizens are flourishing, right, and then that creates a better economy, right, which is kind of like the thought of the industrial revolution. Right, I would imagine that's the thought of that. Right, that's the model of that. But if you outsource things to people, then you empower other economies and you also kill this one. Now, to some degree, I get, you can get a surplus of spending, right because things that were not affordable initially because you went to someone else paying in what would be considered a slave wage in this country, right to make something, and then you could buy something that is really cheap. But guess what that also means you lost multiple jobs of making something. So if we're just using the TV as a model, like when America was making those floor models in the fifties and sixties and TV was a big thing, and it was a really expensive thing, and you know, so forth and so on. Right, you had American companies, you know, ge and different companies making it. Right, So it was expensive and it was a luxury, and it should have been a luxury.
Speaker 1: It should have stayed a luxury.
Speaker 2: It valued any it valued nobody, or the value is minimum effect, minimum effect because by putting TVs and people houses and taking the jobs away from people making TVs, right, what you did was give somebody a distraction to not work on their shortcomings of not being able to afford a fucking TV.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's the fact. In a nutshell, the US, like the culture at large, is completely consumed by distractionary obsessions in the form of like chemical consumption and just purchase consumption, or i mean entertainment consumption.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, entertainment, not purchasing entertainment consumption.
Speaker 4: And yeah, there's no growth there, there's no learning there, Yeah, there's nothing.
Speaker 2: So who was the fucking dickhead that stimulated this, because I'm sure it always goes back to about four dickheads that came up with this bad idea.
Speaker 4: It's a few A lot of things were happening at once at the in the nineteen sixties into the nineteen seventies, so how they converged and a lot of it's like you get people in government who have an idea, let's do this, and then markets adapt. Well, they don't understand markets, so they don't really anticipate how markets are going to adapt. And you see that only every single solitary time. But you had this massive like then the Johnson administration in the sixties, you had like Democrat politicians that started really growing the government's capacity to subsidize people.
Speaker 3: And then you had like the George HW.
Speaker 4: Bush part of the Republican Party, which kind of infiltrated the Nixon administration and opened up doors to China and convinced Nixon to go start doing business with China because it was going to be a great boom for the US economy to open up trade with China. And and and those have always been the big you know, like the rhino that the anti Reagan, anti Trump, anti Nixon, all the people that like Republican, like grassroots, like the mag of all those people that like don't like the gerald for George Bush, Mitch McConnell Republicans, they're the globalist Republicans, and that's like that.
Speaker 2: So it is true that those parties kind of have split into two separate style of parties as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's been like that's the seventies.
Speaker 2: So I'm sorry taking my notes. Yeah, so I can look at him later. So then it was Lyndon B. Johnson. That's that's what we talking about writing the sixty seventies.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was in the sixties.
Speaker 4: He had like like the Great Society and a lot of the welfare programs and stuff like that. So it became less Not only did it become less critical for business to support everybody rich to poor, because now the government just took over like the bottom quarter.
Speaker 1: So my question is why why would they?
Speaker 2: Okay, welfare became a big necessary need when America lost industry?
Speaker 1: Is that fair to say?
Speaker 4: Because I think it predicated America losing industry, or it preempted it, it enabled it.
Speaker 2: So you think welfare, So you think welfare happened first, But I'm saying it wouldn't make no sense.
Speaker 4: You want to, like my real dirty secret on the shit, Sure, no one really says this. People talk about the big party switch that happened between like Republicans and Democrats or whatever back in the day with regard to race stuff, but no one really switched parties. And the Republican Party is usually like a conservative party. They kind of stay where they're at and the Democrat Party kind of moves And then they say, oh, the Republicans moved because we're so much further away.
Speaker 3: So what happened?
Speaker 4: You had, like the Civil Rights Act, black people got the right to vote and all this stuff happened. So they were like, well, we've been manipulating the situation.
Speaker 3: To keep black people from voting for a very long time. Now they could vote. Let's pull you know, circumvent or here.
Speaker 4: We're just gonna buy them instead of alienating them from the economy, We're gonna subsidize them out of the economy to keep them out of the economy and earn their vote. Because the Democrat Party is big in the South, like Democrat Boulevard is like the main boulevard in Memphis, like the old Southern Democrats, Clan Democrats, all those people they went from switch. Yeah, they didn't really switch. The Democrat Party just juxtaposed the way that they alienated black people. They went from alienating black people like forcibly directly to them not being allowed to anymore by constitutional amendment. So they said, well, we'll just alienate them by paying a pittionship money not to participate, you know or.
Speaker 1: Do you think so?
Speaker 2: You feel like the goal of the government was to get black people, like poor people, black people out of policies by saying we'll give you a couple hundred dollars a month. You don't really have to go out and fuck work, but you don't have to care about the workforce, which which really low key. Economics and commerce drive policy. That's the one thing that I'm certain of. It's the driving force. I don't care if we're talking about even abortions. It's driven by economics. Everything about policy is driven by economics. It doesn't feel like it, but a big complaint is the economics of it all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And the.
Speaker 4: Problem is you can really see it is that there's two like takes on economics. There's like the zero sum gain a version of economics, and then there's the growth begets growth version of economics. So like the South, for a long time, as I've said on the show before, was a barrier of entry economy, and it was anemic in growth, but the wealth was extremely invulnerable to risk of competition down there, you know. And the fact that they didn't slavery killed the economy in the South, but for that little ribbon of ultra wealthy.
Speaker 3: People there, you know. And you kind of see the same thing happening in California.
Speaker 4: California's on a downward trend because California has now become a barrier of entry economic model, whereas other more robust areas, it's easier to get a permit, it's easier to inch your way into getting market share in a competitive environment, which just the more dynamic of vertical is the more growth you're going to get.
Speaker 2: So picking this up, you're saying California is becoming a place just for people with money.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't think that's particularly hard to notice. And I think it's two sides of the same coin. I think, on the one hand, old Southern Democrats realize that South is largely black. They're going to hate our guts, and they should at that time have hated their guts. We can't let that whole vote just go Republican. So we got to figure out a way to incentivize them to vote for us. And while we're doing that, a fringe benefit is they're not gonna topple any of our economic allies because we're subsidizing them not to participate in the economy. And when you start off marginalized, we're not participating. It's very enticing to go for the money now because you need the money now, if that makes.
Speaker 2: Any sure, But just to wrap it all up into digestible package, you feel welfare was created to keep black people out of policy for the most part, because it, well, at least the poorest version, it.
Speaker 3: Was by votes slash.
Speaker 4: Otherwise there wouldn't be stipulations that were so tied to unemployment or poor achievement. It would be graduated, but it's not. It's a hard line. If you're doing anything, we're.
Speaker 3: Cutting you off. So that kind of says enough.
Speaker 4: But I think it was designed to buy votes and to do that as simultaneously because both things happened.
Speaker 2: It's always too it's always two things. Yeah, it's always two there's always two things. Damn, that's that's a crazy thought. So do you so this is I don't even want to ask this question because I have to believe that these two things are connected. Like right in some of the most densely populated black communities like Detroit, where they had all of these factories, right this is America's car industry and for blossom there, you know what I'm saying. And so you do you think that they knew that they were the god so you don't feel Linden was already pre thinking about selling out American industries to other countries with welfare in mind, because obviously within that decade to the next decade is when most of these black communities lost industries. You know what I mean, all these places that were empowering because again it is in power and still poor white people so but definitely poor black people benefited.
Speaker 4: From when people have been dead panned too since then, you know what I mean, Like those people are the same and they're pretty fucking good for nothing as it is, but like they's the same, like jd Vance is like the guy who made it out, you know what I mean of that world.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure. I'm not I don't know that that much about LBJ.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying that you party shift, but it has to be connected, right, because you just don't go give citizens money if they're making money and unpopular of an opinion. This may be to some white people and to a lot of black people. I notice most people don't want to just get free money.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's not like.
Speaker 2: You're just going to really make a living. You don't want to work in McDonald's, but you like, if you could work at Chevrolet and make a livable wage, most black people would punch that ticket every day of the week. You feel, mesh so, but it's no way LBJ and them. And that's early sixties, right, because LBJ was Martin Luther King. I remember Martin Luther King and LBJ.
Speaker 4: It was like mid sixties. I think, like, what was it sixty three when JFK got killed? Sixty eight was when maybe it was sixty four to sixty eight something like that, because sixty eight was Nixon and then those people came in.
Speaker 3: And they and they had that.
Speaker 2: So my point is somebody had to be planning to sell the American television company out, had American car companies out. They had to because it's no reason you just start giving people welfare like you could preemptively you know, think this out and then start to take away like you give people, you don't just take it away from me, for you have to have something there first, so they don't realize the blunt you know, the force, the force that somebody whacked your ass inside the head with.
Speaker 1: Does that make it so.
Speaker 2: If Lendon is really responsible for making American people start depending on governments, on the government, which kind of really goes against America's value in the first place, which is why they separated all these states, all these this is meant to not do that.
Speaker 4: I mean, if we were on a really one of the big criticisms that you see, and again a lot of this kind of conversation is stemming more on right of center media discussion and terminology and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: You don't hear so much of this on the CNNs and MSNBC's or whatever.
Speaker 4: But like there's the term Unit Party, which is the big corporatist Democrat apparatus, Like what they really do the biggest lie in politics. Democrats and Republicans both lie, but they lie differently. Republicans will campaign all day long and tell you if I'm elected, I'm going to vote a on Bill one and you elected them, and here comes bill and they vote B. Democrats are gonna say, elect me, and I'm gonna vote B on Bill one, I promise.
Speaker 3: And Bill one is gonna do X, and you elect him.
Speaker 4: And here comes Bill one and it's seventeen thousand pages and.
Speaker 3: They vote B and it does why And that's where they lie to you.
Speaker 4: But the two parties unless you have a JFK who what happened to him?
Speaker 3: He was killed?
Speaker 4: Or you have a Nixon what happened to him? He got run out of office? Or you have Reagan what happened to him? He was shot and undercut all the time. And he had to barter with the RNC to have George HW. Bush's VP, or Trump, who they tried to both run out of office and kill.
Speaker 3: So it's like the two do work hand in hand. LBJ was a government expansionist.
Speaker 4: George H. W. Bush is a government expansionist. George W. Bush government expansionist. Mitch McConnell, Schumer, they're all in the business of government, and they're all trying to expand the government.
Speaker 1: Internationally.
Speaker 3: Well, you can do that one of two ways.
Speaker 4: You expand the government domestically by sending short jobs out internationally and expanding the pool of people dependent upon the government, because then it requires more funding and more health and more size and more responsibility to service those people. So your power increases because instead of you having power over a few, you have power over many.
Speaker 2: So my question is, but isn't the core value America is built off of least government as possible.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's why a lot of people refer to this concept as corruption.
Speaker 1: MM.
Speaker 3: But you're one thousand percent right.
Speaker 4: This is this is the make America Great again concept because it's a pushback against this whole concept.
Speaker 2: I got people in general here make America great. You know, it's exactly what time they think.
Speaker 3: I don't I understand it. I understand, I think.
Speaker 1: And I'll be honest with you.
Speaker 2: I think Trump knows that that people feel that way. But just like me, there's an arrogance aboudy like, well, I don't care. I'm not gonna cater to your ignorance, even though I know there's gonna be some hell of racist white people that's gonna think the same thing. But again, I think you leave it open for interpretation just so you could play games with fucking with people's mind.
Speaker 4: And I also think to some degree, he thinks if I'm going if I repeat it enough and demonstrate what I want to do enough, you'll have like a snaptick re word, reassociation, you.
Speaker 3: Know, involvement there.
Speaker 4: I think that I think that might be in his mind also part of it too. I'm gonna say make it very great a thousand times, and I'm gonna do And what I'm gonna do is I'm gonna put massive tariffs on China and Mexico and bring industry back here, and then people will think that America being great is having more jobs in America.
Speaker 3: I think there is.
Speaker 2: I think there would agree for I would like to believe, genuinely that's the thought. If there was a time period, I think we're talking about the Industrial Revolution. That's probably when America was its most American need.
Speaker 4: I think it's like the fifties, like you like, after World War Two. Everyone comes home or happy and the economies booming. Things are pretty straight, there's a lot of growth. I think it's kind of that. It's still it's, you know, not a great time for all of the nineteen fifties.
Speaker 3: As a matter of law.
Speaker 2: There's no time in America that's going to be great for black people because it's a handful of people, you know what I mean. I think I think in this country, when you when you are few, you know what I mean, you really have to make your own time. Like America is always the same for Japanese people. It don't matter which time outside of when they was locking them in internment camps. Forgive me be forgetful that time. No, but I'm saying every other time, right, most people make their they make their own luck when they're the few, true, you know what I'm saying. They make their own luck in America, So it don't matter who's in the White House over the last thirty years, Japanese people are going to do this. This is because they build it based off their own economy. So forth in song, and I think black people in America kind of need to do the same. Like I get, you know, different movements. But again, this country is always gonna be really tough on just like like I said, a parent that has ten daughters and three sons, the sons are gonna have it tough, you know what I mean, It's just what it is, you know.
Speaker 1: What I mean.
Speaker 2: They're going to be doing the most. They're gonna get the less. It's gonna be really hard. You have ten girls, and I feel like that's the thing with America here. So but I think about it more and more and I always liking it. To American TV company, you know what I mean, It's like that is exactly what happened. Like you, this is the problem with America, right, It's like when American TV companies were booming. Right, Yes, only a few people had them, but most people didn't have distractions. Then now you had to go out and solve your problems. You couldn't sit up and watch the idiot Box for that loan forgive me television. I'm not talking about you, but you know the transfer do You couldn't watch the idiot box for so long, right, You couldn't, Like you didn't have it to distract you and take away your woes and worries. Just like alcohol, all of these things take they distract you from solving problems. I mean lot, they buy you more time to not solve issues. Right, And at that point people had to go out and figure out. They had to go out and look for whatever it is to figure it out. They had to depend on each other. You know what I mean a lot more, you know.
Speaker 3: And for the most part another interesting.
Speaker 4: Off the top of my head, like I haven't kept up with all of it the last couple of years, but for quite some time it was like the most other than maybe Oregon, but like the most financially stratified states were the ones that were on the forefront of legalizing cannabis.
Speaker 1: But again it's like American TV Company.
Speaker 2: So when it was when they were really a luxury thing and very few households had them, I think the rest of America was better off. You were forced to deal with the problems. You couldn't distract yourself like social media, where you could go to a world you put unbelievable pressure on yourself. You really believe people are living these lives and they're just entertaining you, and they just selling you on the life that ain't true even for them. And TV does that better than anybody else. And then you know, you, okay, we're gonna take the jobs away.
Speaker 1: You're right.
Speaker 2: You could have been building American TVs to the point to where you could eventually bought one if it meant that much to you. But now it's like, okay, we're gonna sell this business off to other people where they don't pay them anything to make the TV, and they're gonna import the TV and sell it at a reasonable way so people without money can get the distractions.
Speaker 3: Sure.
Speaker 4: And another thing that's really tragic that's happening is like the cheap, unimportant, the unimportant shit is getting really cheap and affordable. The important shit is getting very expensive and unaffordable, that's my point. Yeah, simultaneously, so so you don't have wages going up to master the prices of a house.
Speaker 1: Cars are not getting cheaper, No hous.
Speaker 3: T shirts shit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like stupid crap right now, nothing's really getting cheaper but buying large like yeah, I mean it's stupid technical crap. Like even if you were to say, like the cell phone is not getting cheaper, the gigabyte.
Speaker 2: Is getting cheaper, you know, and the cell phone is cheaper. Yeah, I mean it's luxury models or not the popular models. But you can get a cell phone. What it's eighty dollars yeah a month.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The eighty dollars cell phone now though, is like an eight gig fully functional cell phone. The eighty dollars cell phone five six, seven, eight years ago was.
Speaker 1: A flip phone some shit that don't matter.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So it's just now people are getting paid such a small amount of money that to it's easy to fuck off the money on stupid shit. You have to have an enormous amount of long game discipline to stow the money away and invest them only away and get the house or to just have the portfolio or whatever, because like if you're putting pitchon shit money into whatever at ten percent, you're getting like eight bucks a year. You have to really commit and understand, like this is not anymore a two year process to like hop out of high school or college, work a couple of years, buy a house. Mary, That's no longer you can be buying it.
Speaker 2: Because but again that's because we sold out. Yeah yeah, America as not we because that's not some glasses shit. America sold that dream. I don't get Why would they sell that dream? That's what made this country fantastic? And did they really sell that dream, Pete, because people are still coming to America and grows looking for that same opportunity or is it now we're getting a different kind of person in coming here at this point, Like why would somebody still come to this country if that dream has escaped because it had to escape. A.
Speaker 4: They might not know what's escaped because what kind of information are you getting down there. B. It also speaks to just how grand the gap is. I mean, we could fall down a flat of stairs and still be two stories above. Guatemala, you know what I mean? Sure, I mean, just bluntly speaking, or Venezuela. Venezuela was the second richest country in the Western Hemisphere or the richest country in South America thirty years ago, and they just pivoted and collapsed. You know, so no point, nations are always rising and falling. But yeah, and there's a lot of people like right now, I mean, shit, the stuff comes out. There's an app that you can have out of a country to get flown into the United States at our expense into a facility. Well they're where they're going to give you a court date for five years from now and give you an EBT card until that coordinates.
Speaker 1: I mean, America is a nation of immigrants.
Speaker 2: They built it that way, and I don't know if you could really change that part, but I definitely would. I think with this type of population, we should be able to be.
Speaker 1: Programming and turning out.
Speaker 2: Things for the whole world, at least for America. But I guess you would have to compete with different markets. I mean, what was America exporting pre nineteen sixty. Yeah, But you know, it's funny that we keep trying to globalize the economy when this economy was at its greatest, when it was very centralized about things going on here.
Speaker 1: Does that make sense?
Speaker 2: Like America was revered as a country when it was all about American things, Like, it didn't matter we wasn't exporting cars to Japan.
Speaker 1: They end up wanting them anyway.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And part of that's also true, like there's like an arc to like innovation, where like the first person to create a new thing is going to have a monopoly over it, and then the monopoly is gonna get eventually like broken down by competitors. So you did see that in car manufacturing. We didn't invent the car, but we had an effective monopoly on its production efficiency, and then other countries got hiped to it and started competing against it and brought our market share back down. That's natural, that's gonna happen. We just did a shitty job at competing back as the truth, I mean.
Speaker 3: Even like if you look at like a lot of our policies, a lot of stupid shit we have, so it's so expensive.
Speaker 4: The gap between like the cost of an employee and what the employee.
Speaker 3: Receives is huge.
Speaker 4: Like we spend all that money to try to make microprocessors, you know, from over because of the risk of Taiwan and China in Arizona and giving billions of dollars to these companies, and they would get in there and start to build the facility, and they go, well, we're never gonna make a dime doing this. You've made it impossible. You've restricted our hiring, you've taxed this, you've done this. We can't get a permit for this, ABCDEFG. And like you go over to other places and they're like, you want to do something here, you want to do something here, go ahead and do it here.
Speaker 2: They're looking out for tuning into the Note Sellers podcast. Please do us a favorite, subscribe, rate commentist share. This episode was recorded right here on the West coast of the USA and produced by the Black Effect Podcast Network and now heard Radio Yeah