Speaker 1: I am all in again.
Speaker 2: Oh it's just you.
Speaker 3: Gilmore Girls Gazette with Amy Sugarman and Danielle Romo, an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 4: Are you ready for some funheads?
Speaker 2: First of all, good morning. It's four point thirty in the afternoon when we're taping this for you all, but it is the day before Lauren Graham's birthday.
Speaker 4: It is so exciting. Happy We've said it all week, but happy birthday, Lauren.
Speaker 2: Can I do a public service announcement before we start?
Speaker 4: Of course, if.
Speaker 2: Anyone is going to use a garden hose, be careful. So I didn't realize how powerful garden hoses were. So I turn on the garden hose. The thing had a life of its own like a snake and whipped. The water was coming out so hard. Oh I'm gonna have to, you know, figure this out. But whipped across my eyeball. So by coming to you on this fine Saturday, which really we're taping this on Wednesday, Hey guys, with an ice pack on my eyeball.
Speaker 4: Amy and I are in very rough shape right now. We've had a very stressful month. She's got a broken eyeball, I've I've got a broken brain. I like, literally, like.
Speaker 2: Remember when I broke my ankle? Did I ever tell everybody about my broken ankle?
Speaker 4: And I can't believe that's still broke.
Speaker 2: By the way, it's been January February. It's been two and a half, almost three months. It's not healed.
Speaker 4: It's better, it's gonna take a while.
Speaker 2: The doctors that have taken this once to a year or something, by nobody listening cares, we've ruined their saturdays.
Speaker 4: It is a real low start, you know what. It can only go up from here.
Speaker 2: What's crazy is Digger directed this episode of Bunheads. Did you notice that?
Speaker 4: I did not notice it, but now I noticed it.
Speaker 2: I gamin. I don't know if that's how you say it. Igman directed this.
Speaker 4: Good old Digger. I mean, for all those tuning in, we're recapping season one, episode fifteen, Take the Vacuna Air Day, February fourth, twenty thirteen. Michelle and Scotty and Park on a road trip with a surprising detour.
Speaker 2: Did Actually there's a lot more to the episode than that part, but that had a nice payoff their road trip.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I liked it. And then Sasha hosts a house warring party and fanny Ki's unwanted advice from Milly ahead of her recital.
Speaker 2: I liked a lot of things here. I liked a lot of the things happening in this episode.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, it's one thing I realized, like there were, of course some interactions, but not not you know, main storyline status where in Gilmore Girls, where Emily and Paris interacted with each other. So it's actually really cool.
Speaker 2: Really just said Gilmore Girls when Emily what.
Speaker 4: I'm saying In Gilmore Girls, there was not main storyline interactions between Emily and Paris.
Speaker 2: Danielle By, I thought that your just brain was so broken that you called it Emily in.
Speaker 4: Like Dan Paris. It's really cool to see Kelly Bishop and Lies while it.
Speaker 2: A couple scenes together, you know, chilting events or Yale things or whatever, a couple parties, but you're right, yeah, it was nice to have them really having a big scene together.
Speaker 4: And I was like, we missed that and girls, so that was kind of cool.
Speaker 2: I actually think this character that Liza Wild's playing is very Parisy. It's not a huge archer. Sure she could literally be like I'm Paris.
Speaker 4: For sure, and same with you know, Fanny and Emily, there's a lot of similarities there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there is, there is, there's some there's some differences. But for me, what's what's Liza Weyl's character in Bunheads, Millie? She's basically Paris.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I agree, and and like the you know how we saw in the revival Paris come back as a doctor, like very reminiscent of that character, like wearing the suits and you know, buttoned up and all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: Totally, totally, totally, totally. So overall, what do you think of this episode as we're kind of winding down? We only have what three left or two left?
Speaker 4: We have three lefts sixteen, seventeen, and eighteen. I actually liked it. I enjoyed it. It felt it fell fun watching it felt.
Speaker 2: I know, the best thing I can say is bless this poor show, because what happened is I think it got so much stronger as the season went on and everybody finds their way and you start to really care about a lot of these characters. But yet it just didn't come out the gate, maybe enough to get a second season.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so we started off at the studio. Jinny gives Melanie a hard time about how much Melanie is changing, you know, her life of her friend.
Speaker 2: It's a one note joke, like we got it, you're jealous because I get it. Move on. Yeah, favorite storyline. There's sort of a couple funny zingers with it, but for the most part, No, I'm much more interested in Sasha.
Speaker 4: I agree, I agree, and her like I mean to Michelle and her brother's point, like that was not a sixteen year old apartment.
Speaker 2: But then do that she doesn't have a lot of I mean, I'm being a little too realistic about it, not a ton of money. How did she do that? Her parents must have given her a lot of money. She has this fancy thing, but yet couldn't get the is not a credit card. So it's like, okay, how's she doing this? But also I really liked it, right, And I also really understood why she was sort of blowing off the guy. She's so overwhelmed. And then I really thought the end was a good payoff, so like I was like, oh good, I was gonna be disappointed if they just sort of ended.
Speaker 4: Yeah. No, I liked it a lot too. And then obviously we have the Amphitheater storyline, where also not bad.
Speaker 2: Also not a storyline. The chair joke went on a bit too long. Remember the screeching chair Paris splash. Millie whatever her name is is moving the chair screage screage. It was funny, but I'm like, it's going on a little bit too long. But yet, okay, all right.
Speaker 4: And it's just so on trap too with that character about how you know, she just wanted to be perceived as like an expert, but doesn't you know, really care about actually being an expert. She just wants to be to.
Speaker 2: Get that resolved, right, Like, Okay, good, We're done with this mess and we're good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I agree. So, I mean, obviously I like that Millie is involved in this amphitheater.
Speaker 2: I me too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think there's gonna be some kind of payoff in the next few episodes where, you know, I don't know, we see Million a different light a little bit.
Speaker 2: The whole amphitheater thing. It's all it's all good, you know what's interesting though, I'm gonna say something here. I don't know if this is like gonna be shocking or what I think this is gonna be my Like, I've watched all the Bunheads episodes once and now I'm watching them all again. I'm not sure I'll ever go back and watch it a third time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, you're good with the second.
Speaker 2: After the eighteen and I've made my piece that I don't know what happens to these people and it didn't get a second season, and okay, yeah yeah, gill Our Girls, I'll definitely watch them all again. Maybe, you know, I don't know if I'll ever do a full rewatch, but like, I'll be watching them all the time. I'll watch the movies again. If there's a new Gilmore Girls something, I'll watch everything again leading up to it, do you know what I mean? Like, yeah, same of Bunheads. It's like I'm enjoying it rip Bunheads when we get to episode eighteen and onto masl or something else.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what did you think about Scotty and Michelle?
Speaker 2: I know their brother and sister in real life. There's still a little something irking me about them. I don't know why. The payoff though of the mom was excellent.
Speaker 4: I really like setting Foster in those scenes.
Speaker 2: Me too, And who plays the mom? The reason I bring it up is that woman. I think there's a Susan Sarandon.
Speaker 4: Lolita da Vidovitch.
Speaker 2: Oh, yeah, Lolita da Videovitch. So she sort of reminds me of Susan Sarandon, And sometimes I think there's roles they've had where I'm like, wait, is that Susan Sarandon or is that so I was like, oh, that's funny because I think she mentioned Susan Sarandon in the diner. That being said, though she's a mess, the character is a mess.
Speaker 4: I loved it. Though I'm here for Michelle's mom. I want more scenes with her, and.
Speaker 2: Also I'm here for Michelle really being like what is going on?
Speaker 4: Well for finally, like you know, I feel like, especially in the first half of the series, Michelle was such a like a hey, look at me. I'm a jokester. I'm funny, and this was like, no, you crossed the line, girlfriend, and she was like, we just saw a different sign.
Speaker 2: Of is a lot less irritating. Now she was just and I don't know if it was the character or the way it was, she just was irritating in some of the beginning episodes, and now she's really found her way. I really like her. I really like the relationship with Sasha, I really like the relationship with the girls. I think she's got a good relationship with Fanny now, like I like a dot, But there's a lot where I'm like, okay, I actually started to care about all these people.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I agree. And then I mean at the studio we saw I mean, we kind of talked all about it. But that's the scene where Millie says that she needs to have a backer rehearsal and Fanny's like, all right, well it's right now, sit down, and then she Paris drags the chair and gives notes about they you should wear twotoos and Fanny's like, this isn't a dress rehearsal. Of course they're going to wear two two's, Like you freak, like back off.
Speaker 2: It was amusing. The whole thing was amusing. The episode in general is amusing, and it had some nice twists and turns. Sasha's apartment was a nice little twist. Michelle's reaction and her brother's to it. Fanny and the Parisine Sorry Millie was great. You know, this is probably one of the better episodes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I agree, I agree, probably.
Speaker 2: Quite as good as the Nutcracker episode, but but pretty good.
Speaker 4: The one thing that I was kind of laughing at is when they did the Sasha's apartment stuff about how well there was two things. Uh. The first thing I found funny was when they were trying to be Martha Stewart, because I remember when I moved into my first place, I was like I had to cook like a meat Like I remember like wanting just to cook a meal in the kitchen and be like cute about you know, like I just like I thought that was really funny and cute.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was all good. I actually liked that she had a fancy apartment as opposed to the joke of her having a crappy apartment. I was like, oh, all right, I'm into that.
Speaker 4: And then Michelle's advice is like watch out for your name because the second you give them a car ride, then you're gonna be taking them to everymard.
Speaker 2: There's a void, like make sure you have your escape route. Like, oh, it was all good. I mean, I I go and give this episode like a pretty high score, you know, as far as the Bundad's episodes go. I give it a really high score. I think I'm just sort of preparing myself because I remember this now that the show really started to like be Greatpa and then it was gone, and I think it was a bit of time before we learned it was never coming back. And I remember being really disappointed when I read like it didn't get a pick up. I was like, oh, that's that's a bummer.
Speaker 4: Well, and I think because the first eight episodes were not good and then there was a big break and then they came back and then it was good.
Speaker 2: You know, in the early episodes, it's like, oh, I could see how this could be really good, and you're missing Gilmore girls and you feel a lot of Gilmore things in it. But yeah, I mean I think it was it was there was some definitely the problem in the beginning. Yeah, do you think you'll miss it? Like, do you think that when you finish you'll.
Speaker 4: Be like, oh no, no, no, no.
Speaker 2: So you're like, it's I committed.
Speaker 4: It was I you know, you gave me a project. I'm going to finish the project, and you know it was a great project.
Speaker 2: And are we saying our next project is Masil?
Speaker 4: I'm down. I've actually always wanted to watch Mazel, so this gives me an excuse to do that. The only other thing that I would maybe say to override that is parenthood. I've never seen a parenthood any love it so much.
Speaker 2: Just literally read my mind. I'm wondering, do we do a poll and we go with the poll?
Speaker 4: I love that. I think we should totally do a poll.
Speaker 2: I think we go Masil or Parenthood, and here's what I'll say, here's what I'm going to say, and we're going to do what the poll says. Prepare yourself, Masil. You're gonna have some giggles, barely a tear. Maybe you might shed like one loan tier. Yeah, each season Parenthood, you're going to need your advil like it is. I'm good with that. This is a Parenthood walked, So this is us could run that is what I have to say.
Speaker 4: Well, there's no secret I'm obsessed, but this is us. So I feel like the Parenthood will be right up my alley.
Speaker 2: Oh oh you're gonna love it.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Oh I can't wait it.
Speaker 2: So I mean, I guess we leave it up to everyone listening to decide for us which it is. So can we do an actual poll? Is there a way to happen?
Speaker 4: You know, we could do a poll on Instagram. So if you're listening to this and you want to chime in, head over to our Instagram and pull away.
Speaker 2: Of masl and a parent picture from Parenthood, and they can vote. I love it, and I am you know what, Look, I'm fifty to fifty. Not that anyone would care what my vote would be, I'm but I am totally impartial. So I'm literally just going to go with what the people say.
Speaker 4: I love it it. Well, we will do what the people ask for.
Speaker 2: So we have three more episodes of this as we prepare for what the future holds for us. Yep, I'm excited. I'm actually excited to let everyone decide, so we'll know like in a week what they say, right, because we're gonna We're not gonna wait till the end. We're gonna put it up now, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, We're gonna put it up and then on our next Gilmore Girl's Gazette will reveal what we're gonna watch.
Speaker 2: Parenthoud has some giggles too. It's it is funny, but it oh it is.
Speaker 4: Yeah. It sounds all like this is us and I'm more than happy to do that.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, what else is going on before we have to go anything? Gilmoury or bun Heeadsie in your life? M I kind of want to listen to Lauren Graham's podcast with Zach with with Zach with Dax.
Speaker 4: You know they get confused all the time, Zach Braff, Yeah, they look alike kind of. I saw it. I saw this, like celebrities like confused for each other whatever type of article.
Speaker 2: I've never seen that. I have that a little bit with like Dermott mulroney and Dylan McDermott. And I think that's just because their names.
Speaker 4: I love.
Speaker 2: There's a couple other celebrities where you're like, hmm, those two people are fairly interchangeable. Takes us back to the like Susan Sarandon. I don't think Lolita. Is there a name Lolita Davidovich? Oh wow, Danielle is showing me a side by side with Dak Shepherd and Zach Brath, and I'm seeing it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Really, it's really in the nose.
Speaker 4: And the eyes. I think, like, and look at this one. I think us knowing who they are and their personalities, like look at that.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's actually crazy. But the first one is even more wow.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So I know they're very similar, but I think their personalities are so different.
Speaker 2: That like everyone has like a doppelganger.
Speaker 4: I guess I don't know who mine is. I mean, see it Lauren Graham.
Speaker 2: First of all, nothing makes me happier.
Speaker 4: I know that is a good double game.
Speaker 2: Before I whip my eye with the hose, I might even agree more, but that I don't know if I'm gonna I don't know what's gonna happen after the hose whip my eye. Do you think I'm icing it? Do you think that's the best thing to do?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I sit, but also like let it go, well, close your eyes, you know, rest its interesting.
Speaker 2: I actually am gonna say thank god. I don't think the hose whipped my actual eyeball because it's sort of the around area that's hurting. Like I left the hose just so. Look it's champagne problems. I'm filling up a hot tub. But I left the hose during this whole podcast. I have no idea what's happening out there.
Speaker 4: Okay, you need to go before you start having a leak somewhere.
Speaker 1: Hey, bun Heads out, bun Heads Outstay.
Speaker 4: Everybody, and don't forget.
Speaker 2: Follow us on Instagram at I Am all In podcast and email us at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com