Speaker 1: I saw the women in my life having to struggle in fight and be independent and take care of themselves. And I'm looking around, like where are the men. I am your host of a cross generations, Tiffany D. Cross, and this is the only place where you will hear three different perspectives from three distinct generations of black women. And I'm so thrilled to invite you to this conversation. What is it that you would say to women? This is what I'm bringing to the table.
Speaker 2: I bring a lot to the table.
Speaker 1: You don't cook or clean.
Speaker 2: My education, my network, my organizational.
Speaker 1: Skills, that's what you bring to the table. I think in a professional capacity. And he's older than you, so he's not looking at you for your network. He's built his network.
Speaker 2: It takes more than cooking and cleaning to build a life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, to raise children and to support the success of your partner. You want to be a project manager in your house, the CEO of the household.
Speaker 2: I can do that.
Speaker 1: We have joining us, the amazing Miss Dion Worick. Did you ever feel like you were dimming your light to make him feel better?
Speaker 3: Well? Stuck and tried to make them as comfortable as I possibly could oh this Dion Wood know there's missus.
Speaker 1: Jelliet Mandy Bee.
Speaker 2: I got an abortion when I was sixteen years old. I didn't feel a thing. It's nothing I regret.
Speaker 1: I'm also pro choice. It wasn't even legal though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you was never a wow.
Speaker 1: If we don't tell our stories, who will? We're all we have. We are unique, We contain stories. Only we understand. Only we know our secrets.
Speaker 2: I was in my early twenties when I lost my mother. You have to be in control because nobody is going to make you feel better. You gotta do it yourself.
Speaker 1: Do you have white friends?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Why they don't serve me?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: They well, our friendship supposed to serve you. Yeah, okay, God is good, you say all the time, all the time, God is good. I'm questioning both, y'all, black heart. On this journey to dating, do you care about who was paying for these activity when it comes to paying. If it's a question, it's probably not a person I'm going to date.
Speaker 3: I've been dating for like ten or fifteen years.
Speaker 1: Why not get married?
Speaker 3: Oh no, no, no, I was married too much trauma. Really, the cheating doesn't stop in marriage. They teach you how to cheat.
Speaker 1: I don't necessarily believe that someone could be with one person.
Speaker 2: For their entire life.
Speaker 1: Monotymy is something that you can adjust to, yea, Natasha Brown.
Speaker 2: This superhuman kind of context actually keeps us as a disadvantage. The world treats us as if our humanity is not right. If black men and black women ever were able to move beyond to this next stage, to be able to love each other, love ourselves, and love ourselves deeply, ain't nobody gonna be able to stop us.
Speaker 3: I don't think these young men who are and I don't even know the name Whosine and all that they want to call themselves, they are angry not with their daughters. I think they're angry with the spouse.
Speaker 1: Nyla Simone.
Speaker 2: We might look alike, but because we all live such different lives, it's hard to get on the same page. Sometime.
Speaker 1: I think it's time that we come together black women and have this conversation where we go the world follows. This is a cross generations where black women's voices unite and together, you know how we do we create magic. Listen to a Cross Generations podcast on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts,