Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: All right, keep it together, all right, she guys, be professional for once in your radio careers. It's six oh one, nine o one somewhere else it is the Dan Patrick Show. Here on Fox Sports Radio. LaVar Arrington, Brady Quinn, Jonas Knox with you here. Well, wake baby, let's go.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: We are normally in the time slot that proceeds is Fired Up, two Pros and a Cup of Joe on Fox Sports Radio that you can hear Monday through Friday six to nine Eastern time. But now it's six to nine Pacific time or nine to new an Eastern time.
Speaker 3: I mean, Q's already had a whole entire day. Oh yeah, well sort of.
Speaker 4: Oh my day started, My day started about the day. What's time your day usually starts?
Speaker 3: Today? Baby boy?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 4: Hey, no, not him? Oh another one gets six? Another was always a fun surprise. Yeah, it's it's like watching an old war movie where your like favorite cares are just getting clipped off one by that flu that's that's that's seriously what words like you're gonna knock at the door and all the night it's like, oh no, not another one oh down goes slow? No, no, slow? Not the baby girl utter quint a thrown? Why did I love that character? I love that character?
Speaker 5: Why that's all I deal with is mister Steaks creeping up on me.
Speaker 3: While I try to sleep. Why we would let you know?
Speaker 4: If I have to hit the mute button and you don't hear from me for a minute, it's when it's course through me.
Speaker 3: Finally got you, brother?
Speaker 2: Well, I know either way we're gonna be doing the show live here from the tire rack dot Com he was. Tire rack dot com will help you get there an unmatched selection, fast free shipping, free road has a protection at over ten thousand recommended installers. Tire rack dot com. The way tire buying should be.
Speaker 3: Okay, Aaron Rodgers needs some tires? Tom geez, didn't he just redo his place in New York? Well it to be good for resout. That's unfortunate. I mean, I think when you're that rich you can have multiple places. Oh why not? Right? So it is a New Yorker, Jersey wherever sat, it's probably a good place to have one of those one of those spots. Yeah, it's official.
Speaker 2: The Jets have announced that they have decided to move on from Aaron Rodgers head coach, Aaron Glenn GM Darren Moogie. They released a joint statement that they shared the intentions with Rogers when they met last week that they are moving on. Quote, it was important to have this discussion now to provide clarity and enable each of us the proper time to plan for our respective futures. We want to thank him for his leadership, passion, and dedication he brought to the organization. We wish him success moving forward. That's very nice, Yeah, cordial and kind. Yeah, I'm amicable. Well, I'm sure they'll they'll have the right plan in place. They usually do in New York with the Jets, So yeah.
Speaker 3: Come on, come on.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we are really really hoping that everything works out for you. Aaron Rodgers. We really hope it works out for you. But you know, it's just time to move on.
Speaker 2: You don't know how bad they aren't figuring out quarterback. I had almost forgot that Sam Darnold started his career there. That seems like an eternity ago. Yeah, that wasn't that long ago. The Zach Wilson experience number one, Mike White mixed in there like the good ballplayer. Just all of it has been a disaster. So I don't have any confidents they'll figure this out.
Speaker 4: Let me ask you guys this, How will the Aaron Rodgers era in New York be remembered?
Speaker 3: Mmm?
Speaker 2: What's the highlight? I think it's him getting I'll see. Can I give you what comes to mind when I hear that? Yeah, when he was running out of the tunnel with the flag.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was like the highest moment at any point I think during this tenure for the Jets, if you think about.
Speaker 3: It, like that was the moment where he was there. It was real.
Speaker 4: You had all this optimism, you were so excited, you finally had the final piece to go with this very talented roster, and then ended like four plays in that game. But that was probably the height of the entire Aaron Rodgers with the New York Jets. I don't want to call it an experiment, but experience is really what it was.
Speaker 3: I call it debacle.
Speaker 5: I just think that what everybody was anticipating, in what everybody was expecting with the level of talent that you had on that team, I think that there was a high expectation. Well we know there was a high expectation. It came from our show as well, you know, from from certain certain very very you know, knowledgeable.
Speaker 3: I'm one of those go and said I always want to and learn it. No, no, I don't need to throw any names. I'm just saying I'll get incredibility for it. I'll give credit where credit is due.
Speaker 5: We have some very intelligent minds on this show, and those minds felt very, very confident, very bullish about what the New York Jets would be able to do. And Aaron Rodgers being the catalysts of that appen mind or minds, because I know Brady.
Speaker 3: Mind made the mind floral minds. I had them.
Speaker 4: I had them winning the AFC East. I also had Buffalo as a playoff team, which, by the way, lead to lap our executive producer, who's standing by somewhere. We've never done our season review, which we typically do by now. I'm not sure why we keep kicking it down the road. It's probably because Jonas had the Bengals and the Cowboys and the Super Bowl.
Speaker 3: I mean, I can at least say this.
Speaker 4: I did have one of the teams for my preseason picks make the Super Bowl.
Speaker 3: Do you go that? Yeah? Do we want to bang those out today? Why not.
Speaker 4: At some point We should at some point, but I think you've been pushing this off for a while for some reason.
Speaker 3: Look, I mean, I mean, did you in the playoffs? What do you mean? I'm at the super Bowl, but did you get any into the playoffs?
Speaker 2: Think the Calgary Flames winning this year. My picks were awful, just awful. But you know, we will to address that discussion when we get to it. I was also bolish on the New York Thank you. I'm glad you owned it because you're talking about plural or singular. I'm glad you're owning it.
Speaker 5: But the point is there were and and and rightfully so right Aaron Rodgers is one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time, one of the greatest football players of all time. No one will argue or debate that. I just think that when you look at and just the way the stage was set right Tom Brady and what he was able to do in a COVID year, and the situation being what it was, and him being one of the greats to ever do it. And he goes to a team that you know they needed help, they were missing something. They go win the Super Bowl the very first year he gets there, and I think that set the tone for how it was going to be viewed for Aaron Rodgers going to such a talented roster of a team and it did not I mean like he got hurt. I mean, let's be clear. The first season, we could say what we want to say about how it all ended this past year because that was that was trash too, shouts out to Bubba dub But his first year he got injured, and okay, that derailed what we thought we were going to see.
Speaker 3: So we'll never know. He was what it was going to be.
Speaker 5: Year one, he runs out with the flag a j'all mentioned, it's the start of a new era. How does it all play out? We'll never know because he ended up getting injured not too far into the game. But this this year, it kind of it left a bad taste. If you're asking me, it left a bad taste in my mouth because how does that How do you fall that far? How do you get that far from the success because you had drama in Green Bay, but you were still able to play with with the puffy bottom and make plays and get MVPs and make it to the playoffs. You still played through the drama in Green Bay and that was everything. But what happened when he was in in New York for this past season, it was just really bad. So it's disappointing.
Speaker 2: It's just two people that weren't meant to be together. Just a bad idea seem great in theory. It's like it's like matching up two drug outs.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, why do you have to go there, Jonas, don't we have an example that's like? No, I really, let's means just right in our studio and in our room right now?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I really wasn't like that wasn't the plan there? Not the day for that? I'm not sure why say that? What do you mean? Not the day? It's a day of love?
Speaker 5: How did yesterday play out going into Valentine's Day? What was the role play yesterday?
Speaker 6: Yesterday was just clean old fashioned fund. There's no what's clean old fashion fund? Just nothing clean and old fashioned about your relationship? What was clean and old fashion?
Speaker 3: Nothing fancy?
Speaker 6: I'm leaving all the theatrics for today Today's Valentine's Day.
Speaker 4: Jonas, can you update our audience on what exactly LaVar and Lee are talking about?
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 2: So for people that are not familiar with this show lead to lap Our executive producers. In the midst of complete and total chaos in his personal life, he's you know, in and out on good terms and then bad terms with his In his current relationship with himself, yeah, and he has a toxic relationship not only with himself but with the loved one that he tries to bring into the toxic relationship.
Speaker 3: That he already has.
Speaker 2: It's like an F three tornado where you see stuff flying around inside of it.
Speaker 3: You just said you've been looking for tornado. I was, but you had one right frounn it and I didn't realize that he was here and so flying.
Speaker 2: So finally, like flying around in the midst of this tornado is Lee's not only his relationship but also.
Speaker 3: His living arrangements.
Speaker 2: Living arrangements because his personal items now he's uh, the bombs that live around him, staying in part time in a motel, the couches that he's surfing on so to spice things up inside the motel. And it's by the way, high end motel. It's one of those ones that comes with a key with the room number on a plasta.
Speaker 5: The logo looks like if you want on the slots in Vegas, Like.
Speaker 2: If you want to know what it's like to get into Lee's motel, it's like using the restroom at a gas station to give you a squeegee with the key on the end of it, you know, unlock a door that doesn't close all the way. And and Lee decided, you know, why don't we spice things up a little bit.
Speaker 3: The oscars are right around the corner. I'm at a little role play. I'm going to role play that I'm a John. So the two the two movies you do, you do the math, I'm going to be a John.
Speaker 2: The two movies they role played were Pretty Woman and Psycho, And we're not making that up.
Speaker 3: We're not making that up.
Speaker 5: So so we're trying to figure out what the movie. People out there were trying to figure out what the movie was last night, So he tried to call it driving Miss Daisy last night.
Speaker 3: Outn't bat All right, Let's let let's get it back on track.
Speaker 5: So basically, I wonder if they're gonna go Amistad tomorrow seven.
Speaker 4: His significant other are the fairest comparison for maybe Aaron Rodgers and Jets.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that's that's fair. I mean, think about it.
Speaker 4: I mean, look, Aaron Rodgers, you got hurt. How to go under the knife? Lee's clothes have gone under the knife taking a whacking.
Speaker 3: You know, please face one under the knife too.
Speaker 4: Lee's been on ir Aaron Rodgers was on IRAN. There's been a lot of hope and optimism at times that I have only been squashed by despair and disbelief of the situations, darkness, some would say, leaks.
Speaker 7: Yeah, this is good, this is goods of the organization, you know, conversations, conversations, organization conversations and relationships taking place kind of sort of outside of the relationship, you know, backstabbings, the weight room debacle.
Speaker 2: Literally, yeah, there's a it happens. I mean it doesn't, but you know, in this case it does. It does, but in this days indeed, so now the the conversation now turns to, uh, what's next, because I mean, who knows what the Jets are gonna be?
Speaker 3: What's more interesting? What's next with Aaron or Rogers.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna say Rogers, just with the back of the real quick if this is your plan for the Jets, and we heard the rumors reports about the request to not do the Pat McAfee show, which I said earlier this week.
Speaker 3: Technically it's illegal.
Speaker 4: You know, you can't have a coach ask you not to do something like a voluntary you know, media session like that, or even hey, you have to be there for the offseason. Okay, put in his contract as a workout bonus, but you can't make it mandatory that he goes to the voluntary ota sessions. That's within the CBA, that's been negotiated. Every time there's a collective bargain agreement negotiation that comes up, that's always the opportunity for the owners to put in a contract a workout bonus. Otherwise it's kind of voluntary. Now, granted, as a quarterback, probably should be there, but they've got every right and they've bargained for it not to. So two things in which they asked him a bit unfair.
Speaker 5: It's not illegal for them to ask it, right, it's illegal for them to exercise any type of disciplinary actions or any type of right.
Speaker 3: I mean, like, there's nothing you can do.
Speaker 5: You can ask him whatever you want in that regard, but there's nothing. I'm just I'm curious because I mean to even ask, you know.
Speaker 4: Well, I think the thought is it's not about the masking, it's about the mandating it. It's about them saying, if you're not going to be here for the offseason, if you're not going to guarantee us that you're not going to do the Pat McAfee show and to see the other media opportunities, which I guess reportedly they didn't. Didn't have an issue with Joe Rogan. They just had an issue with Pat McAfee. So take that for what it's worth. But if that was what it ultimately was about, like those things, you can't mandate in order for him to be able to come back to fit within your plans. You can ask him not to, but he's got free range to do whatever he wants in those.
Speaker 3: Two specific areas. So I guess it begs the.
Speaker 4: Question, now that we know they aren't going to be moving on with Aaron Rodgers, what is the plan in New York they're gonna draft. If you're gonna draft someone, is that the plan you're gonna have is a Sam Darnald you're gonna go back to. It seems rather unlikely given that you already draft him in the first place and and maybe moved on too soon or didn't prepare him with enough around him to allow him to be successful. So that's my first question is is what do you do with you know, New York Jets. Are you basically throwing the towel already on twenty twenty five or do you actually have a plan to go get a quarterback.
Speaker 5: Who is the bow Nix of this draft? Because if you don't have a bow Knix in this.
Speaker 3: Draft, like that guy would be in twenty twenty six, Yeah.
Speaker 5: If he's not in this draft, then you gotta find one in free agency. Otherwise you're wasting a pick and you're wasting your time. If you haven't been able to figure it out with someone like Aaron Rodgers or the draft picks that you've had prior to him, you'd have to assume that you gotta find the guy that that has that ability that goes along with the coaching staff, by the way, I mean, you gotta have the coaching and they got to have the ability to utilize them. I mean, give Sean Payton and his staff all the credit in the world being able to figure out how to use bow knicks the way that they did, But if you're not getting a bow Knicks in this and I say bon Nicks because I think that like a number one pick, a move up get the top quarterback in the draft. I don't think it really works in any singular draft. You're not going to get that hit guy. I mean it happened with CJ.
Speaker 3: Stroud.
Speaker 5: I get it, Like I feel like that was that's that's that was. That's a not a that's a rare occurrence. You're you You're not going to have the type of time you need in New York. Their media market, their media are savages. They are straight savage. And how they do coverage and how they they they are very relentless on their sports teams. I just don't know that if you bring in somebody that this is who it's supposed to be and it goes top pick and this, that and the other, they aren't gonna make it because they aren't gonna have enough time.
Speaker 3: They an're gonna make it.
Speaker 2: It's the Jets, like like we're missing like a really key in credence to this whole thing. They can't be trusted really like they've Jets and I've said this before, They've got two legendary members of the organization, one of them more panty hosing a commercial and the other one had a foot fetish like it's the Jets. You cannot trust them to make the right decision. When they're saying we're moving on, Rogers is probably going, sweet, Okay, I'm sure you guys will have it all figured out. I have zero confidence that they'll get this thing together. And it would not shock me if they were worse next year. And then are you gonna blame Rogers? Like like all of this whole discussion about well.
Speaker 3: You know, they got to get rid of Rogers.
Speaker 2: They don't need this much, you know, distraction and dysfunction with the organization. It was always there. Rogers called it out himself. It was like, we got to get rid of the leaks, and already they've got leaks with this report of demands they made to him. I zero confidence in that organization.
Speaker 3: I don't disagree.
Speaker 4: I think to answer your question of the Leavar about who's the next Bonnix, to me, there's not a guy that fits the bo Nicks description. Jonas throw out Jackson Dart's name, and I'm a fan of him, don't get me wrong, but I don't know that any of these quarterbacks rank up within the top five of last year's if you're looking at a prospect rank and how you look at them, I mean, they're not as experienced. In some cases, I would say, you know, cam warden Shador had the best tape of any of the quarterbacks this year, then Jackson Dart in my opinion, But you know, again you're kind of looking at going, all right, how does that compared to last year's class. Last year's class had some studs. I mean you're talking about Jade and Daniels, who's the offensive rookie of the year turned out that way. Michael Pennix to me, had the second best film of a quarterback last year that just so happened to ended up in a situation where they signed Cousins to a ninety million dollar guaranteed deal, so he wasn't gonna see the field right away until Cousins didn't perform well enough. So now it is his team. But you look at bo Nicks a ton of experience. He was probably number three in regards to how well he played his final year at Oregon. And then Caleb Williams for being real about ourselves I mean, Caleb played fantastic.
Speaker 3: Year this year as a rookie. It's just it's creat No. Here's the thing is, you can't Here's the problem.
Speaker 4: You can't compare where they are now as rookies to what these prospects are. You have to go back and say, what did I think of these guys when.
Speaker 3: They were coming out?
Speaker 4: And that's what I'm saying is there's none of these guys, in my opinion, that have the amount of years right when you're looking at like a Jaden Daniels, of Bo Nicks, of Michael Pennix, guys who went to multiple schools, played for five plus six years in some cases, there's no one that really fits that mold.
Speaker 3: Or in Caleb Williams can put.
Speaker 4: A guy who was a very very rare talent, like when he burst on the scene at Oklahoma, you said, Okay, this guy's special, and you knew he would win a Heisman at some point or have the chance to win a Heisman at some point because of that. So that's where when I look at this class, it doesn't, at least based on what I saw in college, compare in that way. And so if you're picking number seven, overall, I don't know how comfortably fill with that. And then you look at the free agent class, you're probably gonna either have Rogers cousins Darnold.
Speaker 3: But again, you're the Jets. You can't go with Rogers, he's one of your own. You're just you're releasing them.
Speaker 4: So you have to look at like who's out there, and it just unless you make a trade, unless something falls through with Matt Stafford, it just it feels like you're almost punting on twenty twenty five and trying to set yourself up with the cap savings, which if it's a post June one designation, it'll be like fourteen and a half million against this year's cap, and the remainder of that would be against the twenty twenty six cap. So that's in essence what they're doing by moving on from Rogers.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio WAP.
Speaker 3: You know, my son says to me, what's that we are? Stick City?
Speaker 5: He does, I can't believe I've been like back and forth with Penn State fans about my kid wearing number eleven beads the wildest ess that I think I've dealt with all week.
Speaker 3: What do you mean exactly?
Speaker 5: So the roster came out and it showed man has eleven, he's wearing eleven, and so now it's official that you know, he's wearing eleven, and people were freaking melting down, crashing out, like how does he get eleven? Rojas or or such and such should have got There's so many guys that should have got eleven.
Speaker 3: He's he has to earn it. He hasn't earned it.
Speaker 5: Like that was like the overwhelming, not overwhelming, overwhelming saw I did?
Speaker 3: Okay, I did? I did?
Speaker 5: It's crazy, bro like, like do you understand the history of the number, Like do you understand what went into why the number even became a thing? Like I was literally directly talking to these kids, like directly influencing and mentoring these kids that ended up going to Penn State, like since they were in like eighth grade. I'm known the ab Duels and the Micahs and and the Navarro's and all that stuff. I've known them since they were kids and those people like that. That that was something that like was a thing between me and them that that we kind of like we went with and as so yesterday it's like everybody sitting there talking about it, like how does he even get to wear the number?
Speaker 3: Like, what do you mean? How does he?
Speaker 5: How does LeVar Arrington the second? Which get it right, because there's too many of y'all calling him junior, he's the second, he's the second. How does how does that even become a conversation bro that my kid is wearing the same number that his dad wore. They're like, well, how did he earn it? Well, do you know what he had to do to get recruited and get offered by all the schools that he got recruited and offered by.
Speaker 3: He earned it.
Speaker 5: Believe you me, he aren't whatever number would be available for him to wear like case clothes.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's that's interesting.
Speaker 4: This is just one of those moments where and I tell you all the time, stop standing retention to him.
Speaker 8: I know.
Speaker 3: Here's why.
Speaker 4: Because the people who are making comments or statements like that, they don't know the.
Speaker 3: History of it.
Speaker 4: They're not willing to research and understand the history of it or the fact that you know, you started this, so they wouldn't have any perspective that's worthwhile truth.
Speaker 3: So that's why I'm like, there's it's just to me.
Speaker 4: And again because of recent events in my life, like I don't have time for anything that doesn't help more efficiency in my life.
Speaker 3: Like I just I don't have time for it. So I feel bad.
Speaker 4: It's not saying that I don't care about our listeners, our fans, et cetera. But there's also a few, select, few number of people out there that if they've got a comment about our show, about a take or whatever I've said, there's only select few of people I really care to hear the hear of their opinion because I know those people, how hard they work, how what their perspective is, because I've either watched them.
Speaker 3: Play coach, et cetera, et cetera.
Speaker 4: You know, whatever it is true and understand what they've put behind it, So I trust in what they're saying is sounds solid advice or criticism whatever. But another ninety eight ninety nine percent, sorry, like there's just there's just not as much substance to what you're gonna say that's gonna influence you know, me or anything I think or feel or whatever else.
Speaker 2: Yeah again, yeah, you gotta stop reading into that. You're right, man, but it did bother me. It's like it did bother me.
Speaker 5: And because I've always been one I engage our fans good for bed, good or bad, I've always engaged.
Speaker 3: I've always mad myself.
Speaker 2: McGloin feels a bummer.
Speaker 3: Why do I keep thinking he was fourteen? Was that Hackenberg? Yeah? Hackenberg was fourteen?
Speaker 8: Was it? Ye?
Speaker 3: Hack was fourteen? Yeah, yeah, McGloin was eleven. I'm certain. Yeah, what up Matt? And what's up Matt? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I wonder is he catching strays on this? People being like, hey man, why is he you know what?
Speaker 3: Why is he able to second taking your number?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 5: Guarantee you somebody's hit Matt mcglowing up and was like, how does LeVar Arrington get to wear eleven State in his freshman year?
Speaker 2: I told leave our producer when we were in State college. I said, we were walking by the gift shops and we got a backer.
Speaker 3: You share it.
Speaker 2: I was like, if they had a mcgloyin eleven, I swear to God I was going to buy it. I swear to God and wear at the next day of the show. Why would you have your name on the back did you LeVar when you played? No, I was gonna say, did mcgloy have a name on his back?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: No, I would have done it up.
Speaker 5: No, but the nil they are putting the guys names on the back of the shirts they're selling in the in the play, but.
Speaker 3: It sort of cut today interesting. I don't know, it's not as much as it should be. Trust I looked into that.
Speaker 4: I was like, oh, here we got a lot. No, and then look, it's the unfortunate reality.
Speaker 3: By the way.
Speaker 4: It'd be one thing if there was like a collective barded agreement, which I guess that's kind of just the agreement that was it fanatics wherever it does it like has with h.
Speaker 3: The rest of the teams and all that.
Speaker 4: But the player is as much as I'm I'm happy how they're empowered at this point, there's still some areas where they're not necessarily getting a fair cut of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't disagree with that.
Speaker 5: I know what it looks like too, Bay the way it's not much, it's not much.
Speaker 4: Is it less? I thought the number I saw was a little less than seven.
Speaker 3: You could less than ten percent of one hundred dollars. Jersey he likes seven percent.
Speaker 2: Really, I bought your jersey. Sweet, Why do you just give me seven bucks next time?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, man, you can do a couple of Nielsen surveys. You can make up that money. Trust me, I've done it. Yeah, like three bucks in the mail from Nielsen.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's dope. Yeah not really.
Speaker 4: It was cool to get like cash a little kid again. I was like, oh, Grandpa sent me some money.
Speaker 3: It was great and it happens.
Speaker 5: Anyways, thank you for allowing me the vent I was just talking about. I was talking to the twins on on FaceTime during the break. You know, we were just talking Valentine's Day, you know, Happy Valentine's Day to everybody, you know, so we.
Speaker 3: Oh you mean that the Hallmark holiday that it is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're supposed to not treat our loved ones like this every day.
Speaker 3: Yeah just today, Yeah, today is thanks to do it. Appreciate that.
Speaker 4: What a bunch of crap, just so you can charge more for roses and charge more for stuff that literally, I mean, Jonas, you know this. Give your advice out there to people who maybe you're like I'd rather save a few bucks on the roses. How exactly should they handle this Valentine's Day, and should they punt and maybe elect to like Saturday Sunday getting those flowers for their significant.
Speaker 2: Other, fake and emergency, like you're you're with them, like it's Valentine's Day.
Speaker 3: Everyone's sick.
Speaker 2: Find a buddy who's real convincing, AI could probably help out nowadays, and just be like, oh my god, I got to run, I got something came up. Let me let me call you later, leaving a panic. They don't want to throw it and make a spectacle of it because they don't want to feel like they're being selfish or they're not supporting you and whatever this current emergency is. And so all of a sudden you just kind of always in a hurry, like hey, you just kind of push it off, push it off, push it off, and then the next day be like, oo, false alarm. Here I bought these a couple of days ago. Hope they're still good. And all of a sudden, those fifty dollars roses are nine to ninety nine at a supermarket. You saved forty bucks. You look like a great person. You overcame adversity and still found time to celebrate the holiday. Following a near tragedy in the family works every time. Or just find somebody with the language barrier like me and the next thing, you know, you just you can get away with whatever you want, you know.
Speaker 3: So there's that.
Speaker 5: Whoa see whoa. I just knew something was hot in there, That's all I did. I didn't know the rest of it.
Speaker 3: But that's what Jonas said.
Speaker 5: And Jonas said, yes, his his his ventage, Yes, satiel okay, Cereal, yeah, Cereal.
Speaker 2: Or you could do the pebbles, you could do the correct thing, get them some Keeper's Heart. Keeper's Hart is a new and unique style of whiskey that combines the best of Irish and American whiskey, creating the smoo character, virus risky and the bold flavors of American whiskeys. If you're a whiskey fan, you've got to try it. Drink responsibly. By the way, somebody is speaking out on a decision they made in the NFL coming up in a little over fifteen minutes from now.
Speaker 3: We'll have that for you here. Oh great, jeez.
Speaker 2: Would you guys like the the latest rumor that made the round yesterday?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think I know what you're going on. Let's get it all right.
Speaker 2: So, according to Ryan Burr, who works for the Big Ten Network, he said and tweeted out the following quote quote, the Steelers have made inquiries to the Jaguars about a trade for quarterback Trevor Lawrence. This directly from the horse's mouth in the Jags organization.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: Now, the Jacksonville Jaguars saw this report and responded. According to Michael de Rocco, who covers the Jags for ESPN dot Com, says, a Jag source called it ridiculous, and there's no chance that Trevor.
Speaker 3: Lawrence is going to be dealt, which means.
Speaker 5: It's a possibility, which means there's a tremendous possibility here.
Speaker 2: I think there's a better chance that Shot Cohn gets traded than Trevor Lawrence.
Speaker 3: I'll put it this way.
Speaker 4: Typically, when something like this services, usually we go to the odds makers. Right, there is not an odds maker that I could search and find that would have any odds for this up, because it does come off and seem a bit ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 4: The other reason is I think Liam Cohen probably took this job full well knowing that he was going to have Trevor Lawrence as his quarterback. And I think Shad Khan hired Liam Cohen another young offensive mind, and I should say another offensive mind, because they're trying to maximize Trevor Lawrence. That's what this is all about. And so Trevor Lawrence, who you know, just re up to a five year, two hundred and seventy five million dollar deal, has got a relatively low cap hit for their foreseeable future really until twenty twenty eight is when that number starts to pan up there a little bit. But he's got a ton of years left on this deal, So you're in a great cap situation with I know the guy. I know he still has a lot to prove, But I think there's a lot of reasons why Liam Cohen's there. And I think if you were to trade away Trevor Lawrence, I'm not sure really what the plan is, Like, why are you treading away an asset that's better than anything you're gonna find on the free agent market, is better than anything you're gonna get in this year's draft and for a reasonable price. It just it doesn't make any sense whatsoever. So I think this report, you know coming out that hey Pittsburgh's interested.
Speaker 3: Of course they're interested.
Speaker 4: If you're a team that's in need of a quarterback, you should you should call up everyone possible. I mean, how many times do we hear about John Lynch back when he was with the San Francisco forty nine ers, or I should say, when when Brady was playing with the Patriots and Lynch is at the forty nine ers would call up Belichick and ask if you know you'd potentially be willing to trade Brady?
Speaker 3: Okay, no, okay, good.
Speaker 4: I just wanted to hear you say it, Like I think every organization should turn over every stone possible to go try to find out if you can upgrade at a certain position. That's how you win Super Bowls, that's how you improve your roster. And so I'm not surprised this for ports Service, I'm not surprised it's Pittsburgh because they're trying to figure out a way of upgrading the quarterback position. But the truth is Jacksonville should not give this any thought whatsoever, at least for the next couple of years.
Speaker 5: Do I'm gonna I'm gonna say this. I'm a new coach there, I'm gonna give that one a very very serious and very hard look, because I do not know if I would be better off keeping Trevor Lawrence in the long run or dealing him to get more draft picks and possibly some players that could immediately help me be a better team. I'd rather where I'm at right now. Looking at what I've seen from Trevor Lawrence, especially this season, I might be more willing to get a's some quarterback, a system quarterback that gets me through what we say, a bridge quarterback, a bridge quarterback that and see what where that gets me, like what happened with Sam Darnold this year. Get me a bridge quarterback and let Pittsburgh have the buyer's remorse, Let.
Speaker 3: Them have it.
Speaker 5: I don't think it's worth I don't like the value of what you're gonna get from Trevor Lawrence. I don't believe that Trevor Lawrence will go to Pittsburgh and change what Pittsburgh is as a team. I don't so I don't think he's gonna change what the Jacksonville Jaguars are as a team, which, by the way, he's a part of it. He's a part of the reason why the coach got fired. He's not not a part of it.
Speaker 3: He's not. He's culpability and all of this. He's a part. He might be the main reason why the coach got fired. Well, he didn't miss seven games last season.
Speaker 5: Okay, availability is the best ability. Some people say, listen, and I'm not going his career he's missing. I'm not going judging based off of him getting injured. I will say he has not shown me he is a franchise quarterback in the league. Yet he's given me glimpses that he could possibly be. He has not shown me that he is a franchise guy. And he's on his second contract. He did make a Pro Bowl, so there's that.
Speaker 3: It's it's interesting. Take Brady Quinn. Now, now let me ask you the I'd take Trevor Lawn. I'd take Brady Quinn.
Speaker 4: I saw him throw the camp in high school and I came away.
Speaker 3: Think it damn long way from there. That's what that looks like. I was like, Man, I've never seen a kid through this.
Speaker 5: Quinn throw a dime on radio rode for the last three years.
Speaker 3: Three years.
Speaker 4: The only reason why Trevor Lawrence says the nickname quarterback Jesus watch him.
Speaker 5: Throw that that that was from divine though he ain't been quarter back Jesus in in the league. He's been, he's been. It was Jesus been a major his Pro Bowl year. He was Jesus in a manger, little baby Jesus. He ain't grown up in the Jesus that like was walking on water and all that's I ain't there yet.
Speaker 2: All right, So let me ask you this, what do you think is more likely to happen Trevor Lawrence gets traded or Trevor Lawrence gets abducted by aliens. He gets abducted by aliens. Yeah, so this is not happening at all on any level. It's not realistic. I mean, it costs a lot to tear down the name of a stadium, Like you get a higher that's a great portal.
Speaker 3: That stuff's not cheap.
Speaker 2: And so if you think they're gonna but the landscape of the NFL is rapidly, rapidly changing. Man, Like you see, some of these trades would have just never happened before, but they happen.
Speaker 3: You know, I wouldn't.
Speaker 5: I'll say this, While I think alien abduction is more likely to happen, there's always the chance that we get our minds blown by saying, wow, can't believe that this trade happened, Like that's more feasible to think in today's NFL that something like this could happen, especially if it found its way to the light of day to actually be discussed or broken as news, even though it ain't with the odds makers, even though it's not something that has maybe caught all the way traction, there's still the idea that in today's NFL, no one is safe except Patrick Mahomes.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 4: They Maybe there's no disagreement with that, I mean, and to say like it's I mean, honestly, I mean, I don't know. I'm not sure where we are in the whole aliens realm of things lead you want to weigh in on whether or not you believe aliens are here, just to give us insight any research you've done, Lee, don't even.
Speaker 3: Get me started.
Speaker 6: Aliens definitely exist. Whether or not they're here is up for debate. I think they are. Whether or not they're the intelligent type, Yes, they are there in the sea obviously.
Speaker 3: Okay, so there in the sea.
Speaker 4: If you were pose that question of what happens for water Trevor Lawrence gets abducted by an alien or he gets traded, which would you say, then.
Speaker 3: Oh trade.
Speaker 6: They're not gonna Trevor Lawrence. They're not gonna abduct any of us. But Trevor Lawrence could get traded. That's definitely a funny. All these people that come up missing. You don't think that there's something to alien abduction when it's an unsolved mystery.
Speaker 3: Not really. You never heard of Skinwalker Ranch. Oh my, I mean, what the hell.
Speaker 2: I mean, come on, tell me, I mean Skinwalker Ranch. They just find like cows mutilated out of nowhere. They've seen orbs fly in and just orbs fly in just appear like it's it's the whole the whole thing is bananas.
Speaker 5: Like.
Speaker 2: There's an Amazon Prime documentary called Moment of Contact.
Speaker 3: It's about the the.
Speaker 2: Alien that landed in Brazil or the creature that landed in Brazil alien.
Speaker 3: All right to testimony.
Speaker 2: I'm just telling you testimony from people that were there that tell that that explain what happened. A guy who carried the body of the creature just ended up dying four days later because of a rash they couldn't pick up.
Speaker 3: They had no idea what they did. I'm just telling you.
Speaker 4: This is why Jonas I knew how heavy was that body? Can I ask this question? They didn't have hammers? Can we ask for Trevor Lawrence to cut his hair? Like, maybe that's the missing link to all this. Maybe if he cuts his hair, we'll see a new, improved Trevor Lawrence. Like, maybe that's the thing holding him back right now. It's like the opposite of Samson.
Speaker 3: Oh I just listen. I think that's you know.
Speaker 5: Oh God, maybe it's old back. It's possible. That's a tall ask why why can't he be normal? Matter of fact, why not get a fade? Go to the hood the other go you could braid them.
Speaker 3: He couldn't get him pread. He could get him braided. Hey, Trevor, go to Duval.
Speaker 5: He gets you a fade a ball fade and come back and ball out and everybody in Duval will freaking love you brother.
Speaker 3: Right if that's the case where you claim him bar if he goes against a ball fade and ball's out, yeah, damn. I always be in there winning my gee h.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot Com and within the iHeartRadio app search f s R to listen live. These might smell a little fun incredible, but they're still good.
Speaker 3: Time to find out what's last?
Speaker 1: It's Lee's lapover.
Speaker 2: All Right, lead to lap our, executive producer, who's already stressed about the amount of time here to fill here on this segment, Lee, what are we looking at today?
Speaker 6: Well, guys, no football. Obviously we're done with done with football. So now we get to look forward to the NBA All Star Weekend, which tips off tonight. That's right, we got the NBA All Star Friday, All Star celebrity game.
Speaker 3: City's hosting it?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 3: The Bay Bay Area? O? Fun tang hope? Oh tang?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: If you're if you're wondering about.
Speaker 4: Now that we're on the subject, which professional league has the worst All Star Game?
Speaker 3: Is it the I mean a second, We've got to be the NFL? Right yeah? Yeah? Is a Major league baseball the best? Or hockey the best? It's the NFL. NFL is the worst. Hockey is different this year? The best is Major League Baseball? Baseball is the best? Right? Can I can? I? Hi? Christopher? Here?
Speaker 8: Can I be honest, I I have liked the changes they've made to the Pro Bowl. I feel like it's rising up in my rankings over the NBA All Star Game, which is just atrocious. That makes want to they actually still play basketball fair, I mean technically yes, still basketball.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't want to see Joe Burrow play Connect four like I want to see him actually play a game, and it's just turned into it's a total circus. The NBA All Star Game and this kills me to say is better than the NFL.
Speaker 3: All Star Game joke, But Major League Baseball is the best. Yes, I would agree.
Speaker 6: And well, now that we're on the subject, NHL has the four Nations face off. USA crushed Finland last.
Speaker 3: Night's right, that's what you have with the ko Chucks. Either about the ko Chucks? What about the ko Chucks? What do you mean? What I mean nun Chucks?
Speaker 4: No, the ko Chucks man could not hockey royalty, but hops the Brothers all yeah.
Speaker 2: What I'm just saying, they had like four points, they counted for like four of the six goals or something like that.
Speaker 3: I need playoffs, Yeah, I just like to wait till the playoffs, guys for this celebrity game. It's gonna be.
Speaker 6: Team Barry Bonds versus Team Jerry Rice. What Jerry Rice's team has Turton's shaboozy. This is the celebrity game tonight for the for the NBA All Stars.
Speaker 3: Oh they play basketball? Yeah, but you've got NFL All Stars. It's like that. Yeah, which is t o play some basketball? That's confusing as hell.
Speaker 5: I know it's Barry Bonds was a part of a dunk contest that what Deon Sanders was in.
Speaker 3: They should have Ketrick Lamar and Drake. That's what they should have done.
Speaker 4: That's what they if they really want to make they.
Speaker 3: They use how do you miss that? Nerve balls and nerve ball realms for.
Speaker 2: Dunk contest between Freak and Kendrick Lamarket should be sitting on top of a cake somewhere.
Speaker 3: It's how how short is he sits on the curve of his feet? Dangle dang? What does he drink out with his bill bombs? What does he drink out of the brush his teeth out of a thimble and a spiral? Trying to do all the short jokes not doing this.
Speaker 2: I'll just say, is Barry Bonds allowed to be on the gas he is, but technically he is the coach, So he's the coach with chains.
Speaker 3: Who are the coaches?
Speaker 6: Two Chains and Barry Bonds are on one team. Jerry Rice and some influencer of.
Speaker 3: Kate Kaby KB Lame. His last name is Lame KB lame. Okay, that's it. That's a made up name. That's not his government. But okay, by the way, they that hard up on cash. They got to go with two chains. It couldn't get three. I mean that's his all right, that's what exists. They that was. That was that was.
Speaker 2: That was like the worst bad That was like the worst bosition.
Speaker 3: All right, tradition. Alright, we've talked bad sports. Le's talk good sports.
Speaker 6: Daytona five hundred on Fox for the weekends.
Speaker 3: Right now. Bubba Wallace was Victoria's duel. Scared Cole get scared. If you guys want some odds, I'll give you.
Speaker 6: How about Kyle Larson is at fourteen to one.
Speaker 2: Don't even waste your time listening to Lee's betting advice on Daytona.
Speaker 3: He's awful.
Speaker 6: William Byron also Team Hendricks. None of these got Chase Elliot race. Come on, Denny Hamlin going for his fourth Daytona all the one.
Speaker 3: Worst watermelon man.
Speaker 6: Come on, if you're this kind of person and you want to bet Kyle Busch, you could do that twelve to one.
Speaker 3: He's high up there, and Joey Logano twelve to one as well. None.
Speaker 2: I swear to christ I have asked Lee to lap at least four times because he loves NASCAR.
Speaker 3: It's lap by lap with Lee to lap. That's right, he loves it.
Speaker 2: I've asked him for betting advice. Every single time I've asked him. I haven't even gotten a top three finish.
Speaker 3: I don't think that's true. That is true. Testain on this this lest testing.
Speaker 1: Where's my dough?
Speaker 3: The water twenty two to one? Take him? Oh yeah, Ross right there with bowl? Yeah, who's sitting in the pool? Chick? Some masks?
Speaker 6: Ross?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, drive that call Hey, who's the who's the favorite? Who's the favorite? Driving a Toyota? Oh yeah that car? Laney drive a Toyota Raezy driving Toyota. Denny Hamlin. Denny Hamlin's up there. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Denny's going for his fourth fourth Daytona win.
Speaker 3: He's going to get comeback Driver of the Year. What a call? Yeah, why don't you put that in your exhaust smoke later? Can you can you give it? Can you give a winner here? Ease? Like tour? Give two or three that you that you think are going to be winners here?
Speaker 6: Okay, I'm gonna give you reigning champion William Byron.
Speaker 3: God, that doesn't sound like a winner.
Speaker 6: It does not sound like just the sound of it doesn't doesn't know you missed me with that, Lee, Kyle Larson also Team Hendricks fourteen.
Speaker 3: Chance, it's a chance, and then I'll.
Speaker 6: Give you Denny Hamlin, Denny Hamlin twelfth.
Speaker 3: Okay, also a chance. Those are my three top three if you want to, I'm not with you. What else? Did you have anything else?
Speaker 6: Lee, chest Ain's a good one.
Speaker 3: You're crashing out, Lee, I'm crashing out? What do you mean? I'm going strong? Going strong? It's s n L fifty this weekend. I got that, we got a homecoming.
Speaker 6: Concert, got an anniversary special.
Speaker 3: No, Lane, No, we want to hear.
Speaker 5: About you wearing your peak coat and then swindling people.
Speaker 3: I'm looking right now, your your your liquor. I think I found where I'm staying tonight.
Speaker 6: I'm staying where are you staying at the at the hotel that also has the Rotating Lounge downtown Los Angeles, just.
Speaker 3: Just down the street, Rotating Bay. I's gonna have one.
Speaker 4: Can we just go back to over the financial component of this little the week that you've had, Yeah, I'm losing. So you you rented out your place and that's on the market, yeh, to sell. But you rent it out for the month, right, But.
Speaker 3: He rented it out because of a breakup. No, well, no, they they couldn't sell it, so they're trying to get any sort of cash flow.
Speaker 5: But they were initially posting it because of breaking up initially Yes, sure, parting ways sure, yes, okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 4: So you read it out and then now you're basically dipping into whatever profits you're making office the right or you're losing money reading it.
Speaker 3: Yes, Yes, it's an awful Yes, it was an awful decision. You're losing money renting.
Speaker 4: Yes, So not only are you losing money on actually stting it out, you're na spending more money yea.
Speaker 3: And by the way, so that's the question of camp I was ready to go camping.
Speaker 4: Next the question, so you were doing that on necessity? Go ahade, Have you paid off your fantasy league winners yet? Because you were the commissioner of your league and you took all of the pots, did.
Speaker 3: You use did you use?
Speaker 5: It's paying for Valentine's Oh gosh, Oh my god, I forgot about that you were trusted to.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, I was hoping i'd win squares this weekend.
Speaker 5: Unco was one point off a conspiracy theory. That is a mass proportion that is ridiculously to that that is true. That's what I'm bad. I think it should be replaced.
Speaker 3: He spent all your debts off, dude, didn't Bernie made off do this? Isn't that how that started? Probably to a higher degree, but I think he started it with a fantasy league. Uh, and he defrauded You got to pay them at something. You're on the MA when he's come knocking. Oh not yet, not yet, because you're homeless. I don't know where are they gonna find you? Limbers all the time's day. Everyone, don't be like lead to lap you scam Artestle. Oh my gosh, that's ridiculous, bro. Good luck to you.