Speaker 1: Look out.
Speaker 2: It's only films to be buried with. Hello, and welcome to you, films to be buried with. My name is Brett Goldstein. I'm a comedian and actor, a writer, a director, a chip off the old block, and I love films. As loud Sue once said, those who know do not speak, Those who speak do not know. Those who keep their phones on at the cinema shall not be loved. Every week I'm a special guest over. I tell them they've died, then I get them to discuss their life through the films that meant the most of them. Previous guests include Barry Jenkins and the Ruffin, Mark Frost, Sharon Stone, and even Keed Flambles. But this week it is the excellent comic and award winner mister Phil Ellis. Head over to the Patreon at patreon dot com forward slash Brett Goldstein, where you'll get extra twenty minutes of chat with Phil. You get his secret, you get other stuff about Phil films. You get the whole episode, uncut and ad free, and as a video. Check it out over at Patreon dot com forward slash Brett Goldsteve So Phil Ellis is a legendary comedian from the UK circuit. He's done sitcoms, he's won awards. If you've never seen him, you must see him.
Speaker 3: He's currently doing his eleventh Edinburgh Fringe show and if you're listening to this, in a few weeks after that, soon he will be on tour with it.
Speaker 2: He's fucking funny. You really love him. We got to record this on Zoom last weekend. He's at the Fringe while we recorded this. It was so fun to get to talk to him. And I really think you're gonna love this one. That's it for now. I hope you're all well, Thank you for listening, and I very much hope you enjoy episode three hundred and twelve of Films to be Buried With. Hello, and welcome to Films to be Buried With. It is I Brett Goldstein, and I enjoyed today by an actor, a writer, a broadcaster, a podcaster, a stand up comedian, a sketch artist, a children's entertainer and award winner, an Edinburgh legend, a UK legend, a world legend, one of the great figures in the entire UK comedy industry.
Speaker 3: He's here. Can you believe it? I can't.
Speaker 2: By the ears and he's life from Edinburgh. Please welcome to the show.
Speaker 3: It's him.
Speaker 1: It's been anis yay, okay. I wanted to intruct you about four times to go wrong, but it was nice.
Speaker 3: Actor. Come on, you do sitcoms?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: I do?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I do all my own acting.
Speaker 3: You do you old? You're an actor? I've seen you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you see whereas you're a good actor.
Speaker 1: I think I can. I'm trying to get more into acts. I'm quite enjoying it. But I don't know how to do auditions. I had an audition recently for something and I just I go into stand up mode straight away.
Speaker 3: I think that's good.
Speaker 4: And I throw it on. The audition just goes.
Speaker 3: You know to part is that when you're doing self tape, so when you're in the room.
Speaker 4: When I'm in the room, I've talk about my audition.
Speaker 1: For Red Dwarf.
Speaker 3: No, but I would love to hear it.
Speaker 4: It's the worst. Well, it wasn't even audition. I was in it.
Speaker 1: So I managed to I managed to talk everyone out of ironing me in the space of four minutes.
Speaker 3: I know what happened.
Speaker 1: So I went to I was I was at twenty fourteen after doing this show that.
Speaker 4: Had done one in Edinburgh.
Speaker 2: Friends and Games and pans of Games, which I saw in love to my sister saw four times.
Speaker 1: Oh it's amazing. Oh great, and so it's like an inappropriate kids show, wasn't I'm not inappropriate? But and I was in the Baby Cow offices and I saw Red Dwarf on the laptop and I said, well, have you got Red Dwarf? And they went, oh, we're making it. So I said that was my favorite sitcom growing up, like I loved it, and they went, well, do you want to be in it?
Speaker 4: And I thought, you know, it was that easy?
Speaker 1: Went yeah, right, And then I met I met Richard Naylor, the producer Doug Nah's son, and we got very well, and he saw the show and they all loved it and they were like, yeah, we can't wait to have you on it. Let's get you in so we'll film you and we'll just pick what to get you on.
Speaker 4: I went, oh, great, it's gonna be brilliant.
Speaker 1: And then I went in and I got this script about but I think it was like I wanted to just be the voice of a vending machine. I thought I could do that and it was it's called snacky. So I went to okay, and they went, he's really nervous man. I went, I thought it was just a voice over. They went, I went, oh, now I could have now completely.
Speaker 3: Really think and I have an attitude for this character.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I didn't know he had a background. And it was so bad. I just kept going, I can't act. I'm sorry, I can't act, and they went, you can, you can act? What about this trying to be a robot? I went all right, and then I did a line. I went, I can't act. I went, you can act, phil, and I thought, this is the weirdest audition where the good you can come on, have a go at this, and I just get.
Speaker 4: I read it.
Speaker 1: I went listen do you and I went I can't. This is awful, and he went you can, We've seen you. And then I panicked and I got on all fours and I crawled out of the room and I just went home.
Speaker 3: So you don't even know if they wanted to, you'd left.
Speaker 1: Yeah, looking back, I had a massive panic attack, but I didn't know what it was. And then I got a phone call from baby carg you can't act, and I went on panicked and he went, did you crawl out the room? I went, yeah, you went, yeah, we've seen it. The door just opens and closes in the background. So I just got on the table.
Speaker 4: But do hire me?
Speaker 3: Yeah I would. That hasn't put me off. If anything, that me more.
Speaker 2: Tell me you're currently in Edinburgh doing the festival as we record this true or force true?
Speaker 3: What are you weak? One?
Speaker 4: So I think we're on like day.
Speaker 1: What dare we on? Now?
Speaker 4: We're like day eleven? I think, tell me everything, and I'm.
Speaker 1: At the monkey Barrel fur Monkey Bowl, which is fantastic and twelve forty five of mid day. Oh lovely, it's great. Have you ever done a show at midday? You seem suspicious?
Speaker 2: Well, I stupidly all the times I did Edinbur did late shows like and in hindsight, the earlier the better, I've realized, because you want it to be people's first show of the day rather than the eighth show of the day.
Speaker 3: And that's so sick of being asked, how's everyone doing? We're fine. We've said this seven times today.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, it's all lot.
Speaker 3: Ill stop talking to us. Do your show? Yeah, yeah, it's yeah.
Speaker 1: Energy levels do wait, are you a good audience member to think, bro, when you're in someone's show.
Speaker 3: God, that's a great question.
Speaker 2: I think it's it's good to be in the audience and to remind yourself that sometimes you're really enjoying it and your face is doing nothing, because I know on stage you look out and you go fucking now. But then sometimes I always think about I won't say who he is just because he might be embarrassed by this, but there's a comedian you and I know.
Speaker 3: Who I think is brilliant. It's always stayed with me when to see his Edinburgh shown, and it was amazing. It was so good and it was so funny.
Speaker 2: It was so deep and personal and interesting and brilliant, and we were like enrapped this audience and suddenly he goes, well, this isn't working, is it. I don't know what to do with you all. And it was such a weird thing as the audience when it was like, oh, we're fucking loving this, and then it made it awkward. It made us feel bad. So then everyone was kind of performatively going like ha ha ha like it. And it also made it feel like a disconnection from him and us because it was like, oh, we were really into this and we thought you felt that, and now we feel bad like it was a whole. So it's such a tricky thing because so when I'm in the audience, I am at minimum massive grin the whole time. Yeah, laughing a lot, But if you look at my face, I'm working hard, I'm having a good time.
Speaker 4: I'm terrible. I don't watch because I'm so bad.
Speaker 1: I just go it's not worth It's not worth it for none of us are gett anything like this.
Speaker 4: I don't want to watch the show, and you don't want to watch me.
Speaker 1: I don't care if you know I feel in the stay about.
Speaker 4: It for an hour, but I know I'm not very good at all.
Speaker 1: I tried. I went to a show last year and it's the same, exactly what you were saying. I was really enjoying it. But I went to see the show. It's such a good show. But they put me under a big light where they put the reviewers so they can see, which is an odd thing to do anyway, and I wouldn't want to see a reviewer. And so I sat under this lamp and after a while, the same as I went, am I doing the right And I could kept seeing, they kept looking over and I go and then going back to the show, I didn't want faced and I smile, went that's too much for this, and I'd be smiling, and then they're talking about the depression. I went.
Speaker 2: Out, what's the right when you're an NFL in the sea? That's a that's bad, that's fine, that's fine.
Speaker 4: Was it a big splash?
Speaker 3: So? How are you with?
Speaker 2: I mean everything I've seen you do? Like you don't turn on? And what's your relationship with an audience?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Where are you at?
Speaker 1: I flirt with them all as they leave. I stand by the door, just wink at them as the leaving. You never know, Brat, you might find a might find a future partner.
Speaker 3: With Daniel crowded it this system don't.
Speaker 1: Sound proud of it, and I'm not a lot in the bucket this year.
Speaker 4: I think the winks are putting people off.
Speaker 3: What's what number show is this of yours?
Speaker 4: Did you show eleven? She's mad, isn't it?
Speaker 2: How did you approach this one? Did you have a big idea or you're like I just got to have a show, Like where how did you start this?
Speaker 1: Well? It's kind of into what you were saying before, like what it was like, how am I with an audience? Well, I like to have fun and I need energy up. So if you know energy is low, I've been guilty in the past of doing the whole what's wrong with your this was nominated? You know that pathetic get it just like an angry uncle. Yeah, I've got fucking five in mumbles dot com?
Speaker 3: Do you know that you haven't had it? Fringe big your bastards.
Speaker 1: What's really funny is all the publications we would have sneered at ten years ago. We now just we were just some bloke that turns up and says I'm a comedy chuckles dot com and you go. You know, I'm like, yeah, I'll go on the post. Yeah, thanks, I'll.
Speaker 3: Take your start.
Speaker 1: But the cos just got five from gb News getting on, so I would do that and get a bit nuggetive. So these shows are just last year's show. I just wanted to have fun. So I had a band in the show and I was dressed as a cat. I thought that was free whiskers skin tight like a suit, which I thought was funny in Edinburgh because the sightlines are terrible. But when I took it on tour. It was like the most horrificic when you raised, when everyone can see you and you've got good lights, and it was like it's the only show that people went to and they wanted a restricted view there going hop the bloke in front puts the top at on why did you get a good seats? So it's just the same kind of thing. So last year had the band and then this year's trying to think of what to do. So I've got a hype man who comes out the top of the show and he stays behind me in DJs and joins in the.
Speaker 4: C Yeah, it's really fun.
Speaker 3: Who's your hype man?
Speaker 4: God Tom Shorts? He was originally do you remember Funds and Games?
Speaker 1: We had a bit well, a clown come in that I've hired the magazine and the kids because you point out that it was in the kids section of the kids and it wasn't rude, but all the parents could see the adult jokes and the clown had been dancing and after a while realize I've hired a.
Speaker 4: Strip of my mistake.
Speaker 1: We have to kick him out because he's put cream on his hand and he's just gone up to one of the mums and his chest. We go he's a clown and get him. He was the original clown from Funds and Games, so he's come back.
Speaker 3: Did you ever get any trouble with Funds and Games from any parents for anything? No?
Speaker 1: I think we went too far in the third one. The third one we went we had a song, we had the kuddly Kunerberg came on and did a song about how he was moving into your area, telling you what his postcode dress, and they didn't really like him. It was the song was fantastic as a proper disco moving into your area, maybe living closer. But it doesn't make me any scarier. I'm a goodly Kuala bear and I'm registered, so it's really good. But yeah, the third one I think a bit too far because we've already the balance.
Speaker 4: It was a bit too so yeah, but we brought it back.
Speaker 1: For a couple of years.
Speaker 2: So how is it going Week two? What's your usual Edinburgh mental health trajectory?
Speaker 3: Week by week?
Speaker 1: I don't weirdly, I'm always quite. I do usually bring up a good show, so I'm all right generally and as long as I've enjoying the show. But I've had a couple of years when you know, when you're just struggling with the show, perhaps you can't fix it. But you know what I've had, We've all had material things we've done.
Speaker 4: Where you're just going, I can't figure out how.
Speaker 1: To get this.
Speaker 4: And I've had a couple of years like that.
Speaker 1: When I'm just going, this is just it for the month, and it's a bit like we're all stuck and every day I stood a cloth of wardrobe having top across the stage. Well, it's a three star show and its get out. And but the past few years I've really enjoyed, like this year has been great. We've done all the reviews have been really good. So yeah, fours and five so I'm happy with that and good numbers, so I'm happy ish, I'm happy for you.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Pou, thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Who are you living with here?
Speaker 4: I'm living with.
Speaker 1: There's quite a few people I don't know, to be honest, because everyone's in student halls now, so it's not like years ago you could get a nice flat in Marchment, which are the nice high roof. I'm just in a student halls with quite a few, like a couple of improv group people and somebody's doing the one person playing summer hall and stuff.
Speaker 4: So I don't but a couple of stand ups.
Speaker 1: It's good. I don't see anyone. I just go to my venue and then I find a bench and a drink. I just call it flying.
Speaker 3: You've got me up early. You're fucking did show it?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: Yeah, when I sleep on the bench now and then I'm not off?
Speaker 3: Yeah, what's that thing happens to start your day?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 3: You eleven?
Speaker 1: I get up? But no, no, no, no no no, go about nine thirty. Do my exercises, which aren't showing. I think we can both degree. What exercises do you do? What have I do a lot of stretching and I do a little bit working on my core at the moment.
Speaker 3: How's that going? Do you think? I think, Look, you've got a good list, you've got good posture right now?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: But yeah, oh Phil, fuck we we got running over.
Speaker 2: No, it's not that I forgot to tell you something. Oh what I fuck? I should have said it at the beginning. I've just seen the fucking note I wrote, and I was sposed to say this at the beginning. Fuck, I just I just well, I'll just tell you I guess you've died.
Speaker 3: You're dead, what you're dead?
Speaker 1: Genuinely, I thought something terrible and happened. Then I'm happy with that. I've been waiting for it. I've been I've been praying for this day.
Speaker 3: How did he die?
Speaker 4: It was doing us well?
Speaker 1: Do you know? I planned this, actually, brat, because I want to go straight to heaven. So okay, I would like to go in a selfless act, which I think gets you straight there. But I know that you technically can't plan a selfless act. So what I did was I saw I found a house fire, and I ran and pretended that I was going in to save everyone, so that I was like, yeah, that was really dangerous, and I was like, no, it's all good.
Speaker 4: No, there were people. I just didn't make enough.
Speaker 1: I just ran right past, ran past the family, and I found a corner and let the flames take me.
Speaker 3: So as the family they're just running out, they were fine.
Speaker 1: No, no, they went with me, they went with I locked the door behind me.
Speaker 4: I was like, let's just but they're are with me now watching loads.
Speaker 1: Of films, so your self is act killed upward of five people.
Speaker 3: Up with Okay, that's lovely.
Speaker 4: Sorry, but God wasn't looking at the time.
Speaker 3: How old were you? How old would you like to be when this happens?
Speaker 1: I want to know would you like, Oh that's interesting, I would like thirty eight? Okay, just enough hair left that it made sense that I bought the up five. Whereas now about it and they can personally had the count and look at it. Come on, pal, just there's nothing there to put wax on. Just putting wax on her head for the listeners at home. I'm a thinning man. Do you worry about death?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: The old drug get I suppose I do a bit. Really, I suppose I'm more worried about all you know. I don't know, worry what we're worried about? No, yeah, I am a bit, A little bit. I don't know. I'm most scared of life than death. It's hard working it.
Speaker 3: I do. I agree. I think I'm most scad of that. What do you think happens when you die? Go straight to heaven for yourself eText?
Speaker 4: As in with my body.
Speaker 1: I wanted to be shared out amongst my family like a limited time?
Speaker 4: Yeah, limited time? Take what you want?
Speaker 3: Do you have a He's saying, who gets what? It's a pre thrill for the family.
Speaker 4: I reckon it's a free for all.
Speaker 1: But obviously anything above the top you can't leave me.
Speaker 3: Just bury my.
Speaker 4: My crotch in a shoe box.
Speaker 2: Well, which memory of your family do you want to have your dick? If everyone's sharing things that well, that's a good question, but not enough people. Yeah, who, No one asked me who do you want to have your dick? He's a good question.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah. I think my grandfather, if he was around, Yeah, I think he'd appreciate.
Speaker 3: Do you think he'd take good care of it?
Speaker 4: He was always looking at it or in its general direction.
Speaker 2: Do you think he'd sort of just sort of keep it in like a pop plant, sort of put it up by the telly.
Speaker 1: I'd like to think he'd wear it around his neck right with bride and that was my boys there he is four stars four stars enter entertainment chuckles, not weekly, that's beautiful. Who do you have your head? I'd like to have it in the loop. Oh right, yeah, would you get frozen if you could? Just if you were to tell you've got this thing, we can freeze you. Brett, you were right next to Walt.
Speaker 2: Isn't he what we can freeze you before you die, and then if we find a cure when I'm freezing, or would you just go God, I haven't talked. I haven't thought about this in a while. You know, I'd want to know what's happening when I'm frozen. Am I dreaming? Or am I like it was a light switch and a light switch comes back on?
Speaker 3: You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I'd hate the thought that I'm frozen but I've gone Oh no, I'm still I'm still awake.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what I'm familiar. What's going on?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'd love it if I have that late, weird little cupboard that I can see on my zoom behind you, this little door. If a big team came out now with the equipment to do.
Speaker 4: This, you got thirty seconds? Yes or no?
Speaker 3: Yeah? God, what would you say? Maybe I say yes, see the future.
Speaker 4: You're having a great time. Enjoy it a bit more.
Speaker 3: But they're going to freeze me. Then I'm missing everything I know is dead.
Speaker 1: I'd love that that I don't know about I reckon. I don't know what there is after death, to be honest, I do like to think this. I've I've started using the word energy and vibes recently.
Speaker 3: And I can do I listen, I don't, don't.
Speaker 1: We've all got an energy, then an aura that may go on to other, you know, other things.
Speaker 4: I don't even know. If I believe that I felt a bit sick.
Speaker 3: Then I think you do feel and I think you're you're ashamed of sincerity.
Speaker 1: Yeah, genuinely.
Speaker 3: Well listen, you're You're right. There's an energy, there's a vibe, and it's going straight to heaven, my friend. Yeah, even though you genuinely killed a family of output up with the five in a burning building and kill them, I just able to help them. You did lock the door and keep them in head anyway. Nonetheless, here we are. It's all I forgive. And everyone's very excited to see. They're big fans, the big fans of fun and games, really big fans of everything you've done, and they want to talk about your life. Oh, it's field to be your favorite thing heaven. By the way, what's your favorite thing?
Speaker 4: My favorite thing? I get to take it.
Speaker 1: Up with me. It'll be my brown it's my brown leather jacket.
Speaker 4: I wear a brown leather jacket all the time. Is that okay?
Speaker 3: You're talking to a man who has two T shirts. Yeah, it's totally fine. Yeah, there's brown leather jackets everywhere. It's the same one. You want all those like clones of it everywhere, so it's fresh.
Speaker 1: It's great.
Speaker 3: You can just have the same one. Anyway. Everyone's talking to you about your life through film, and the first thing they want to know is what's the first film you remember seeing?
Speaker 1: For ellis that is one of the Such a tough one, isn't it, Because I do. I just think it's obviously not the first one, but the first one I can think about that really affected me was Pinocchio, the Disney film Pinocchio.
Speaker 3: The terrifying Disney film.
Speaker 1: Very grateful, but I think just because I always remember the how terrified I was. That's the thing that I remember. The bit and when they altern into donkeys or the kids, that's right, Yeah, and that's like my earliest memory.
Speaker 3: Yeah, who were you with?
Speaker 1: I was? I just remember I was with was a granddad with my brother and my mom were in the back room of the house. I remember being there watching it on video, sat on the floor and as soon as everyone started turning into donkeys, it was the most horrific thing I ever it's a really dark film. And then there was that bit and isn't there a bit when he's in the in a Wales stomach?
Speaker 2: Yeah he has a torrid he has a torrid time. Yeah, he really does.
Speaker 1: He does, he does. Yeah, well that's what happens when some blokes just wants a real boy. You know, mate, there's a reason you've not been married.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's what you put what you put that wood and boyfrie hisself put the chisel down?
Speaker 1: Mate?
Speaker 3: Who've told you now?
Speaker 4: Stop making them?
Speaker 3: How old were you do you remember?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Twenty eight? Yeah, classic. I would have been about four years old.
Speaker 3: Do you have brothers and sisters?
Speaker 4: I've got an older brother, yeah, Andrew good guy, good guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, he's he's not particularly into film from what I don't really talked to me about films as such.
Speaker 3: Does he like your comedy? Come see your comedy? He does.
Speaker 4: Very support My family really supportive.
Speaker 1: Actually. I always been really lucky with that.
Speaker 4: Mom and dad.
Speaker 1: Come, they've just arrived in Edinburgh now today. They come up about three times during the run Jesus and yeah, yeah, so they do. They like they like that stuff, which is nice. That's nice, isn't it, yeah, because it was Weirdly, quite a few comedians families don't don't. Some don't even know they do comedy because they're worried to tell them because.
Speaker 2: Well, there's a comedian that also you and I know who's married with children and that hasn't told his wife children.
Speaker 3: I don't understand how that happened. He's been on TV.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think it.
Speaker 1: I think it has finally come out when because he's been on so much TV recently, it's hard to.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 1: Another one that we know, another comedian friend of ours, I would thank mutual friend.
Speaker 4: His mom didn't know for years.
Speaker 1: She thought he worked in finance, and then he just kept popping up on adverts for saving for vest like a building societies.
Speaker 3: Is that?
Speaker 4: Are you a comedians?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: Yeah, in finance, I do the building society.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's what I do.
Speaker 4: That's why they got.
Speaker 1: Here of the week.
Speaker 3: But what is the film that made you cry the most? Are you a crier?
Speaker 1: I am? Actually I'm quite a big cry with films, you're the most recent one was the Pixar film Onward.
Speaker 2: Oh my God, that fucking killed me. That Yeah, I cried for two days.
Speaker 4: It was amazing.
Speaker 1: Isn't it.
Speaker 3: And your brothers, your brother, Yeah, of course it killed you brother's film.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I could imagine my brother. It's funny how your brothers and you know, and family members can really at times push all your buttons, and but you know, in a situation they do this, they'd sacrifice something for you. That's such a Yeah. I love that bit at the end. I got a bit emotional thinking about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And the other one was another Pixar film, Inside Out, with the character bing Bong, where the old imaginary friend. It's amazing when he just lets it. Oh.
Speaker 4: I brought my heart that one as well. Bing Bongo.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The thing is, I think about bing Bong every day, and I think, well, in a way, bing Bong by sacrificing himself, actually we never forget bing Bong.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you're right bing Bong saying you'll forget me. No one's forgotten bing Bog. Yeah, just single.
Speaker 4: It was really that really affected me that one ages.
Speaker 1: But I think they're the most recent ones that because sometimes I suppose I'm not sure if I got across a cynic climb as a person at times, but some films, you know, they're trying to tug at your heart strings that annoys when the music comes in. And I saw that film My Sister's Keeper Wants in the cinema and I felt like just standing up the screen going stop it, the trick, the tricking, stop it. And the balloon flies off and I was like, oh, fuck it. I'm glad she's gone. I do my head.
Speaker 3: What is the film that scared you the most? Do you like being scared?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I love horror films. That's my favorite genre is horror.
Speaker 3: I think really great.
Speaker 4: I love hates horror.
Speaker 1: The one that weirdly, this is a weird one to be the one that scared me, the one that I remember my dad having to come and help me get to sleep afterwards. While this is because the nineteen eighty eight film remake The Blob. Oh wow, yeah it's a weird one. Yeah, yeah, it was with Frank darabont Co wrote the script and that it's Chub Russell.
Speaker 4: I think that Russell and I loved it.
Speaker 1: I mean, if you've not seen The Blob nine and if you like horror, I think it's such a good film. It's so tight, it's like eighty odd minutes. The script's great. The characters are great, the special effects are incredible, but it scared me because I was a kid when I watched it, and they and kids get well, we'll not be ruined anything, but they don't usually. I was watching this kid going yeah, well, yeah they get blobed. You're going, well, the kid's not clearly, I went, oh my god, shit, And because there was no way to stop it. Really, that's what scared me. The fact that if one came in, there's been nothing I could do. That was what scared me about it. So my dad had to come in.
Speaker 3: Frank Darabo.
Speaker 2: I didn't realize he'd go in that he's into killing kids. He made sure to take Redemption, one of the most beautiful, powerful, hopeful films, and then he makes that and the missed you don't give a fuck about kids.
Speaker 4: No, you're right, Yeah, you're right. Yeah, the mist that's too.
Speaker 1: It was really funny that because I was I was watching it the other day and I was showing someone I haven't seen it before, and they went, why didn't they just give it a minute? I was like, you don't go there's really no reason. They just sit there and go, well, well, I've run out of petrol. Right, come on, put your head next to my kids, let's save one.
Speaker 4: They don't wait at all. They just run out of petrol and then they go, oh, well.
Speaker 2: Well they've waited a week or how a longer film set. They're bored. But at this point I think.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I loved it. It is a great ending, but I think the second time I watch it, I go I give it, I wait or something at least tapped on the window with a claw.
Speaker 3: You should make go for a film, shouldn't you.
Speaker 4: I really want to. You know, I've had an idea for one.
Speaker 1: I shouldn't really say it in case it is I'm trying to try and write a short, a short horror film.
Speaker 3: Actually that's the plan. I think you should.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'd like to about it. There want any old bloody listeners nicking it?
Speaker 3: Do you know what they're like? This podcast?
Speaker 2: What is the film that you love? People don't like it? It's not critically a claim, but you love it unconditionally.
Speaker 1: This is such a good podcast because there's always about two or three answers as well. It's great because I love talking about particularly I think everyone even if you're not a big film. But it's just it gets you. The concan as soon as you think of one, then you think of another one. And it's so I think I really like Actually, I don't think that's a bad film. I nearly said Roadhouse, but I don't think that's a bad film. I think it's a film that knows what it is and I think it's just loads of fun. Life Force by Toby Hoo. Yeah, I really like Life Force and if you look it up on Rotten Tomatoes, it's got a very bad audience and critics care.
Speaker 3: What's the premise of it?
Speaker 1: So basically space It was meant to be called Space Vampires. It's based on a book called Space Vampires, and Toby Hooper, obviously Texas chosen Masac of fame.
Speaker 4: He was hired by Cannon to do three.
Speaker 1: Films after the success of Yeah Poulter Guys did so well so and they wanted him to make Space Vampires, but they changed it to Life Force. And it's about basically the spaceship British spaceship called the Churchill named after the insurance company, and they basically find a really beautiful Italian ballet dancer in spaceship who's naked and she proceeds to walk around London and turning everyone into sort of zombie vampires. It's the weirdest. It's such an hard film and there's so much going on in it and it's a mess, but I just love it.
Speaker 4: And it's Patrick Stewart's first film. I think, is it not first?
Speaker 1: It's great, it's ridict it's insane, but I really like.
Speaker 3: It does sound good.
Speaker 2: On the other end of the scale, what's the film that you used to love but you have watched recently and you do not like it anymore.
Speaker 3: Perhaps you have changed.
Speaker 1: It's not I don't like anymore, but I tried to show it against them, you know, when you love. I think there's a lot of eighties comedies that I loved and they're really just not that funny, really, and it sounds not that they're not that funny, but the pacing of gags we've got so slow, so slow, yeah, And I think one I watched and I loved Joe Donza, but The Burbs is really really yeah, really slow, and it's just the pacing of it, you know, and it just doesn't the jokes, the laughs aren't as big as you like. If you watch like Step Brothers. I saw that again on Telly the other day. It's just like I can't stop laughing at every every minute something really funny is happening. But yeah, so the Nerves is one that I loved as a kid.
Speaker 2: A lot of those, I'm sure I've talked about this on the post well, but a lot of those, like high concept comedies from the eighties. When you watch them now, the concept of sort of premise of it takes fucking ages, like Gremlins is called gremlins. We know there's going to be Gremlin's. Gremlins don't appear unto about an hour into it. You're like, you know, get on with the gremlins. It's cool, you're not hiding. We know what it's great.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you've got your dad comment.
Speaker 2: And like trading places, they take ages to trade places.
Speaker 3: You're like, come on.
Speaker 1: Come on, make trade places. It's funny. I watched the new Beverly Hills cop.
Speaker 3: Yes, how is it?
Speaker 1: I liked it. I liked it a lot actually, people, but I think there's really funny bits in it. And to be honest, and this is not going to be popular, I actually preferred it to my rewatch of the first one.
Speaker 3: That's very interesting. Is it to do with pace pacing?
Speaker 4: Again?
Speaker 1: It's just everything just seems so slow because Eddie Murphy is so funny. Yeah, I do get it, but sometimes it's a sea where you're going, we just want to can we not get the story moving along? It's just let's have you Murphy really funny here, and I go, okay, and then I go and it's great, it's funny, but they go, I want to I don't want it. Why is he here? What do you wonder? I get to the bit and there's a joke when they're trying to get over a wall and it cuts back to it over the space about five minutes. But in this one I just found because everyone got such a put Maybe it's my attention span. I've just not got it, you know what. I used to like everyone else. So the film is just like ah, and I'm like, yes, pour it down my throat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you. Interesting.
Speaker 2: I'm going to have to watch that. Mean, what is the film that means the most to you? Not necessarily the film itself is good. Film might be ship, but the experience you had around seeing it will always make it important to you.
Speaker 4: Where the wild things are.
Speaker 1: Fucking I love it. Yeah, it's amazing for that.
Speaker 3: That really depressed me. That film. I think it's a brilliant feel, but it made me so sad.
Speaker 1: Yeah really blake, yeah fil Yeah, it's just yeah. I don't what it was. I think I was must have been about twenty four, no, maybe no bit older, maybe twenty six twenty seven, and i'd split up with a partner and I was living in Manchester and my partner anew After about years I met someone and we were She lived in Bradford, so i'd have to go to Bradford.
Speaker 4: I used to work in a bank at the time.
Speaker 1: It's a bit of my girlfriend and then be in the bank and I had to leave hers at six in the morning and ran all these things, and I had no money, and one day i'd just stay. I had a gig in the evening and it snowed and I had nothing to do in the day, so I went to the cinema to see that. I remember it.
Speaker 4: I was really like and I went and sat and the cinema was empty.
Speaker 1: There's no one else ever came in, so I just sat on my own and watched Where the Wild Things Are?
Speaker 4: And I don't know what it was.
Speaker 1: It's something about that all the stuff around it, and I just have the best cinema experience, just really went on undred percent into it. Yeah, and yeah, I just really felt like I was in the film and that was it. So that film's always got a little bit there.
Speaker 2: So again, I love that very much. I had that with I don't know if you've ever seen this film. I wonder if you ever seen the film High Life. You ever seen that film with Robert Patterson. It's like set in space and it's fucking dark. It's so dark. And I was in I was in la and I've been there for a while and I was like I was sort of doing all the things I was doing, but it was like, oh, very I was like, God, I'm quite alone in the universe. And I went to cinema to High Life, which I knew nothing about and is about sort of prison ship heading into a black hole, and the cinema was pretty empty and it was just me and I was lost in this film.
Speaker 3: I was like, God, this is beautiful and it's such a horrible dark film. Yeah, I loved it. I felt really like, yeah, going to a black hole.
Speaker 1: That's me, that's me. That is oblivion. Yeah, but that's what is the usually quite bleak films, I think, and perhaps you just need that at certain times in your life. That's remember where they stick because you go, oh, I feel that, you know, relating to an experience of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe you feel held or something, so you're like, yes, I feel this. Yeah, what is the film that you most relate to?
Speaker 3: It?
Speaker 1: With that one, I don't know really, because I was thinking about that. Relate to I haven't brought notes relate to That was the toughest one I found. The one that when I was growing up, I loved Mike Lee films. They were my he was my favorite director. And the film Meantime from nineteen eighty three, which is one of his TV films, is my favorite. And that's the one I watched over and over again, and I kind of, I don't know, really, I don't know what it was about. It really connected. I kind of saw characters that I knew you in it, and I don't know. I grew up in Preston in the Northwest, and I think I probably just watched it a sort of time and I was looking around, going, oh, it's scared. I'm going to just be impressed in Forever and so, yeah, I don't know what it was, we're connected, But that's the one that, weirdly I watched over and over again and felt like I knew all the characters already almost, and I recognized a lot of people in it.
Speaker 4: So, yeah, it's a great film.
Speaker 3: Who's in that one? Is that Tim's book?
Speaker 1: No? So in that one that's All and Nothing? Oh no, all this Sweet Life he's in as well. This one is Gary Oldman Tim Roth. Yeah. Yeah, it's funny, really great cast and it's brilliant. Honestly, if you're not watched it, I'd watch it again. It's so it's got Paul is not Paul Daniels. I did a gig with This is really grim. I did a gig in York at this theater and Paul Daniels was on. He's a very famous magician. And I was doing the gig again a couple of weeks later, hosting it, and in that time Paul Daniels had died, And when I went back, instead of putting a new board up, they just put a bit of gaffer tape over his name on the upcoming Beast. That's so good. Daniels has done get the gaffer tape.
Speaker 3: No refunds, no.
Speaker 1: Real funds. We've got Demie, Debbie Daniels, She's she knows how to do it.
Speaker 4: Part life guy.
Speaker 3: What's his name Daniels?
Speaker 4: Phil Daniels, Yes, sorry, Phil Daniels.
Speaker 1: Isn't it as well?
Speaker 4: He's fantastic. That much better than.
Speaker 2: I think a good actor underrated. What is the sexiest film you've ever seen?
Speaker 3: Fill enid?
Speaker 1: Well, I've got a camera set up in your flat and that it has been getting me through this month. Thanks man, all right, I mean you've just been eating cereal, but that's enough for me. I can work with that. Yeah, it's gonna be hard to finish, but try my best. It's much easier today we had a twix. The way he eats the twigs is ridiculous. I really like the film Romeo is Bleeding another Gary Oleman film. Yeah, it's fantastic.
Speaker 4: And Lena Olin in that.
Speaker 1: Is these for me as a teenager watching it, and still it is, to be honest, when I was watching it like the sexiest person I've ever seen in cinema, and that for me is and it's a very sexual. It's like a film noir. Peter Merrick directed it like a nineties sort.
Speaker 4: Of neo noir film.
Speaker 1: Gary Olman plays like a corrupt carp and Lina Lynn is someone who works for the Russian math here I think I remember correctly, And there's a little bit where she's amputating an arm for no reason if you ask me. She cuts her arm off so that someone thinks this body definedes hair and I was like, I don't think she needed to do that. She's obviously got some on the other side fixing this. I don't think she needs to chain sort arm off for whatever. Okay, but then she has this Oh it's just a really sexy performance, and it's.
Speaker 3: Just it's very sexy. You had me anti saving her right now? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what is We've got some category of God knows what you're can say for this. It's the same film traveling By No Worrying.
Speaker 5: Why don't it's the same thing that all flubber.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that got me.
Speaker 4: Ja managing the original.
Speaker 1: Yeah, any for you, anything, anything when it gets me, gives me the horn.
Speaker 2: Even Popeye fucking he's a big boy, and Popeye of course he's worked out.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, have you seen that recently?
Speaker 3: It's a very strange film.
Speaker 1: It's an oldman film. It's so everyone's just mumbling over each other.
Speaker 2: It's the weirdest, actually weird film that it's weird in every way.
Speaker 3: It looks weird, it sounds weird. It's very weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the music, I could fever dream or like, what who is it for?
Speaker 3: Is it for kids? Who's it aimed at? It's very strange, it's quite scary, looks scary, weird.
Speaker 1: But the town's still there that they're built for it, is it? Yeah?
Speaker 4: People still I think people live in it.
Speaker 3: Scarying people since ninety eighty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fair play, Thanks Robin.
Speaker 2: What's what's subjectively the greatest film of all time? Objectively might not be your favorite, but it's.
Speaker 1: The best, Well, I think probably the great I think one of the greatest films of all time myself is Once Put a Time in the West, great answer, And I think it just looks amazing. The sound is amazing, everything the appening. I love the story, I love the writing. I love it's one of my facts. Yeah, it's amazing. Yeah, so I think, and it's one of my favorites, but I wouldn't put it was my favorite.
Speaker 3: Maybe good answer.
Speaker 2: What is the film you could or have watched the most over and over again.
Speaker 1: That's another weird one, isn't it. I think when I was well, I think it's probably Reservoir Dogs. To be honest, I used to watch it all the time, over and over again, and I just and I've never got bored of it. And like now when as soon as I said it, I thought I'd like to watch that again. I could just watch that, Yeah, I repeat, which is.
Speaker 2: Not what really, but it was it hit you at the perfect aage, stay right, Reservoir Dogs?
Speaker 3: Were you twelve?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I didn't see it when it came out. I saw it.
Speaker 1: I got into I only got into film really when I was about sixteen, so about sixteen when I first saw it, maybe fifteen or sixty. And yeah, just absolutely loved it. But do you watch films much again, Like when you're younger, you do watch things over and over again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, something in tends to happen to me maybe once or twice a year these days. That is unusual where where I will see something at the cinema and I'll be like, fucking know, I think that might be one of the greatest of all time. And then I'll see it again that week to check. I've never backtracked. I've never gone Oh no, I was.
Speaker 3: But like other than that, it's difficult because it's just fucking too much to see and do. But there are certainly films that I return to that make me happy, and often I find myself nowadays I will rewatch sequences like there are bits that I will go back to rather than so don't have the time for it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're busy.
Speaker 3: We're busy boys, the.
Speaker 1: Busy boys getting out there making the deals. You know, I'm writing that shot. Got a lot going on. I've got an hour a day. I'm running around in the Georgia romas. Just suit busy, mate, I've got time films, this podcast. I haven't really got time for this, mate. You know I'm drink alone.
Speaker 3: You've gotta get back to his bench.
Speaker 4: I see what I do do rather than rewatch films.
Speaker 1: Or sorry, I don't even we've done this, but it'd be interested. When I'm enjoying a film so much I don't want it to end, I'll just stop it and I'll come back to it and so I can finish it over the course of a few days. Have you ever done that.
Speaker 3: That's sweet.
Speaker 2: I get that I've been that way with books and maybe with TV. I don't think I've done that with a film, but I totally understand it.
Speaker 1: I did it with Once upon a Time in Hollywood because I was just watching it, going I just love this. I just love Tart and I think the effort that goes into everything as well. And it was the bit, even the bit when like brad Pitt's, I know that the people have gone got the length of the film, and sometimes some films that.
Speaker 4: Do go come on, I won't lie the Killers.
Speaker 1: To the Flying Moon. I'm like, oh my gosh, I can't because it's so bleak as well that I'm like, this is just too depressing for three hours. I can't feel like this for three hours three and a half. But with that one, I.
Speaker 4: Was just loving it.
Speaker 1: So when brad Pitt's just fixing an attend, I'm going, yeah, of course I want to watch brad Pitt. It was ship off fixing antend. It wouldn't brilliant And why is that seeing there? Because if you've seen Brad Pitt with his ship off doing some part col watch brilliant. So that so I went as soon as I saw him take his shot off, I went, I'm saving this for Wednesday. Margan will be back.
Speaker 3: We'll be back bred having a back brand day on that room.
Speaker 4: Yeah, don't get cold.
Speaker 3: I just need to check in on bretton his cereal.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: We don't like to be negative. Film. What's the worst film you've ever seen?
Speaker 1: The worst film was Trying, only because everything about it I hated was that this idiot I lived with right when I first moved to Manchester Hat he'd start every sentence with the word yo.
Speaker 4: Yo, how's your daveen yo?
Speaker 1: And then he'd finished it with yo as well, like a like a yo yo, and you're gonna like once he had a yo.
Speaker 4: It was such a he thought.
Speaker 1: He tried to do all these things that were cool, but he was just an idiot, Like he walked around the pink dressing gown to the shop thinking that was a really cool thing to do, and then he'd come in with it had a yo yo he always used and he just came in he went, it's my yo yo, And I thought he's not going to say yo, is he? And he went yo? And I went, oh, come, I hate this guy. And I lived with him for a year and he goes, hey, Yo, got a bit of a surprise for here yo, And I went what is it? He went, shoo, tickets the IMAX to see Transformers too, and I was like, I didn't even I couldn't give it. I went oh, and I thought, well he brought me a present. I went, oh, great, thank you. He went, no problem about it. I was on the waiting list somebody to get them in opening night. And I'm like, oh great, because I didn't. I have not seen them. No interest is in the first one, because you know, my twenties.
Speaker 4: And then he goes yeah.
Speaker 1: And then we get there and I was really skinned because I just moved out the moons and he went, yeah, yes, that's great. So yeah, just paying for the eighteen pounds fifteen you know when you got it? And I went, what do you mean, Nate? I said, you said you got the tickets? Went yeah, no, I booked them, so I owe you the money for it. And we were there at the cinemay went they went, I don't want to I've got no interest in watching Transformers too well, and he went, well, I need the money. I went, trying to give him eighteen verst fifty in the Imax and it was the worst. I was so angry and that didn't help, but none neither did the film. It's just crap. And I've never watched the film in Imax since. Oh really, Transformers to.
Speaker 3: This isn't right.
Speaker 2: I got to put you rountd. This Imax is the best place to see a film. I appreciate you went Transformers too, but any chance to see a film with the Imax, you should take it, because it is the best.
Speaker 3: You got to go.
Speaker 2: You've got to forgive. It wasn't the IMAX's fault. It was Transformers to the Dark Side of the Dark of the Moon.
Speaker 3: Listen right.
Speaker 2: I used to do stand up about this, but in Transformers one, I went to it open hearted and I truly did not understand anything that was happening. And I think I'm not stupid, but I was completely lost, and I was like, what is going on?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I can't follow you remotely the story. And then at the end of the film, your man Shilah buff is kissing is making out with Megan Fox on top of his car.
Speaker 3: But his car is his friends a Transformer, you know what I mean? And I'm thinking that Bumblebee whatever his name is, is under there. Guy like, Hey, we've been hanging out for the whole what the fuck are you doing?
Speaker 1: Robot for this? I can help.
Speaker 4: So weird, isn't it. Yeah, that's just like saying to you, mate, you don't mind if I just sit.
Speaker 1: On here with Megan Fox and.
Speaker 3: Make out right. What's that you're in comedy? You're very funny. You're an award winning comedian. For god, what's the film that made you laugh the most?
Speaker 1: Against Step Brothers? I watched it again the other day. It's so funny. Those two are just great. Some of it I find a bit, Oh God, here we go so go oh you? I mean, what is this?
Speaker 4: It's like an orange?
Speaker 1: But Step Brothers is perfect because you've got really funny people doing just the right about amount of ad libbing, and the characters, all the set pieces are so funny. That's the most reason one. But the one that I would say that made me laugh. I remember the most biggest laughs when I was a kid, and I still find funny was The Man with Two Brains.
Speaker 2: Phil Ellis, That is the correct answer. That's my dad's favorite comedy. The moment two Brains is incredible and no one brings it up.
Speaker 1: It's so funny and just so many like a little bit like when I'm into the mudscum Queen and these weird look like fits and Duke of Oil Oil, and he's like he's trying to kill someone.
Speaker 4: He's like, okay, anyone hates my voice. He says, to kill makes me want to kill me because I'll keep talking to.
Speaker 1: My dad. Take that for us, because my dad used to work in a brewery and he used to get I mean, I think I'm safe to say this now. My dad's ated too. They used to get parted. I'm afraid videos.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm wearing a wire.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I'm talking to a microphone. Yeah, I'm wearing a wire.
Speaker 1: And he used to bring about all sorts of that and I remember but he taped off the Telly the man with two brains to show us and it was just but you think he may have missed a bit with the breasts.
Speaker 4: Because he's like, whoa, but yeah, really love it. So many good bits that.
Speaker 2: Staff Bill ellis, You've been amazing. However, Oh my god, however, when you were thirty eight, your hairline was rocking, and you thought I would like to do a selfless act. And you the bit we missed out in the stories, you set fire to a house with a family in it.
Speaker 3: Miss I didn't.
Speaker 1: I went into a bit.
Speaker 3: I just rewinded a bit.
Speaker 2: You said your house and were like, you know what look good is if I ran in this house and bring out the family. And you ran in the house, you saw the family, Hey guys, I'm here to say to you. And then you said to the guys, do you think my hair's feeling? Do you think it's going to stay like this forever? And the penny went, I think it's on the turn, and you went right and you locked the door. He said, right, we're all staying here. Then, and the fire took you all and the family were screaming, and you just sat there. You said, you brought this on yourself, you said, as the flames engulfed you, and you died, burnt to a crisp. But I'm walking past with a coffin, you know what I'm like, And I go, what's the fucking smoldering burning everywhere? And I go, I think Phil Ellis just went in to save that family, And I go, well, really, oh wow, he's a he's a real hero. And I go, you sure, because it doesn't seem on brag.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, you really did? I go, Okay, all right, well then we can we'll go with that. So we try and find a corpsere corpse. It's charred, it's covered, it's got it's.
Speaker 1: On the front page of.
Speaker 3: It was in the type five section.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, he's been bumped down. Anyway, I asked people, I'm like, I don't know which parts him. So anyway, we pick up what we can. We put it in the coffin. There's more than I was expecting. The coffin.
Speaker 3: He's absolutely jammed. There's no room in it.
Speaker 2: There's only enough space for me to slip one DVD into the side for you to take across to the other side.
Speaker 3: And on the other side. It's movie night. Every night. Everyone's wearing your leather jacket.
Speaker 2: What would you like to show you the people of heaven in your jacket when it is your movie night, mister Phil Ellis.
Speaker 1: I would like to show everybody. I nearly nearly cheat by saying box set, but I'm not that guy. I'll sort myself out, thank you. I hope that everybody in Heaven Enjoys The Wonderful Family film To Think by John Carpenter. I intinated too. That's my it's my other favorite film, because my dad showed. He came downstairs one one morning. He went, I got him from work last night and I saw this film. He says, you're too young for it, but it's amazing, and he's telling me about putting the hands in the cheeks and the dog's head and all the girls in the ceiling.
Speaker 4: And I went, oh, why you're too young for your two friend?
Speaker 1: And then I got a five pound voucher from school for I have a full of ten and I went, you can use us on videos at Debret Smith. And it's four ninety nine. He went, I think you're ready, and that he went bored it for me.
Speaker 3: Life.
Speaker 1: So yeah, the thing great, And I'll put my dad in the fire so we can watch it up in heaven together as well. And my mom say, I'll tell what I'll kill my whole family. Let's all have a nice time.
Speaker 3: Peel, you're a very sweet man, and you've you've really taken so the journey. It's been wonderful having you and talking to you.
Speaker 2: Would you like to tell the people at home or in their cars or at the gym what they should be looking out for or listening to with Phil Ellis coming up.
Speaker 1: Oh well, I always find it really funny that you go that this show has had like Sharon Stone on it, and they go anyway, and now keep that round of applause going for Phil Ellis for president. You may know from twenty four seconds on drunk Street Cam I playing a sailor. I'm at the Edity Festival monkey Bell for twelve forty five pm.
Speaker 4: Every day. We've bet this show has gone. I think it's better than last year.
Speaker 1: I got nominated for the main Order last year, but this year I think he's a better show. And all fives and fours and the Scotsman and everything so and all the all the all the biggies. So yeah, yeah from the chuckles shipbox dot Org have given me five and a half stars. Come and see that. Just just some just some bloke who lives in his mum's room, but he's got a laptop gone bless him and he gives out stars. Yeah, this show's good. Come out and take the rest of me. I'll be taking it on tour in the autumn. I think maybe autumn next year. I think to come inside with some stuff and first comedy on Instagram and all that, and I've got stuff. Let's just say, guys, I've got some fingers in fires, pies, irons and just follow me.
Speaker 3: And how long do you have to wait for your horror short that will be out?
Speaker 1: So I will write it. I'm gonna hopefully we'll write it. And what you do next year is you want to be in a film?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: The pause was too long mate?
Speaker 3: Well I.
Speaker 4: Was waiting too long for real?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 4: Why does it say disconnecting?
Speaker 3: Why is it what?
Speaker 2: Sorry, of course I do, Phil Elis, enjoy the rest of your Edinburgh Fringe.
Speaker 3: You are a hero, you are a legend. Thank you for doing this. I have a wonderful death. Goodbye.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: So that was episode three hundred and twelve. Head over to the Patreon at patreon dot com. Forward slash Brett Goldstein for the extra secret chat and videos with Phil Ellis. Go to Apple Podcast, give us a five star rating, and right about the film that is the most of you and why it's.
Speaker 3: A lovely thing to read. My neighbor more enlightens it. It makes her cry every time.
Speaker 2: Thank you, all for listening. Thank you to Phil for giving me his time at the fringe, go see him on tour. Thanks to Scrubius, Pip and the Distraction Pieces Network. Thanks the Buddy Peace for producing it. Thanks to iHeartMedia and Will Ferrell's Big Money Players Network for Thanks Ada Bridgeston for the graphics and least lay them for the photography. Come and join me next week for an excellent episode with a very brilliant, amazing guest.
Speaker 3: That is it for now. I hope you're all well. Thank you for listening, and in the meantime, have a lovely week and please be excellent to each other.