Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club. This is the Players Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World Headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts Barry Church, Danny McCrae, Heckma Harrison and New He scrugs.
Speaker 2: Players up my day, Let's ride.
Speaker 3: Why you do that?
Speaker 4: Then?
Speaker 3: Huh?
Speaker 4: How you do Why you do your nick like that? Let me put your on, he said Barry turch I said, all right, man, y'all wrong, boy, y'all do that, y'all do a play wrong.
Speaker 3: But let me tell you something. Man. Listen.
Speaker 4: I went back and listened to a few episodes when I was off the show. Y'all didn't give me no break, So I don't. I don't want to.
Speaker 5: Hear.
Speaker 3: Well, we couldn't divulge where you were. That is true. Yeah, it couldn't, y'all. Y'all lean more to it then.
Speaker 6: I think because we could. I thought I gave the proper proper. I thought it was proper when I said Danny's on assignment, Yeah the first Okay, That's why I tried, because that way I didn't give away anything. And people think he was what he want assignment. So so that's what I did.
Speaker 3: Now the third time, y'all was on.
Speaker 2: You know what, you know what it is.
Speaker 3: You know why? You know where he is?
Speaker 6: Heck Ma Harrison anywhere, crab knew he Scruggs, Barry Church, day off church Church's gott got a couple of sick little ones. So you know you got you got to take care of your kids. That's priority. Some boom do what you.
Speaker 3: Do there, brood excuse Yeah, that's a good reason.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's always a good reason.
Speaker 3: But it's the reason he ain't here. Now we missed your church.
Speaker 4: Look, I don't want him on zoom. No, yeah, exactly, get him on zoom. He just show out when he on zoom, he sit behind the wine gallon.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean? Come on, now, he got the whole four year behind the.
Speaker 2: Whole I have money.
Speaker 3: Yeah you know what he does.
Speaker 2: Come on, I did get the bag.
Speaker 4: You could have picked anywhere in the house except oh you got the wine cellar by Okay, I got you, thank you.
Speaker 6: I remember the time I did his zoom with lt and uh Tomlinson did it in his uh in this theater room. Yeah, I'm like, wow, I'm like, why why am I going out to the Look Theater.
Speaker 3: I just need to go to your house. I may got legit fit. It was nice.
Speaker 6: I might as well had the Academy wards and then Chris Rock and the Tucks and go live from LT's house.
Speaker 2: Some money, yeah, man, yeah, yeah, no, he took care of it very well.
Speaker 6: ESPN Football Power indexes out and the Cowboys and of eight, the Jets are six.
Speaker 3: Throw the whole list away.
Speaker 2: Cowboys played the Jets with Week two.
Speaker 4: List the way because the Jets are but the Cowboys of course.
Speaker 6: I'm just trying to understand all this hype behind the Jets, which which is, yeah, good for the Cowboys because you know, we'll let every people how to shine. But I just I just like, why are people buying into this Jets thing?
Speaker 2: Anyway? Your number one team on the.
Speaker 6: Power in nexolence Kansas City, as it should, No problem is that number two is Buffalo, Number three phil Alphia, no.
Speaker 3: Problem, good man. I don't know, man, I.
Speaker 4: Know how last season ended and all that, But man, I just the Cincinnati Bengals to me, I think they're better than the Buffalo Bills.
Speaker 2: Well, they are on the list.
Speaker 4: They on the list. But I'm saying, well, we listed the top three. I just think you said they should be at number two instead of below.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't think Buffalo should be at number two. I think Phillis should be at number two, and then probably Cincinnati at three, and then Buffalo below. Now, I mean we watched, Listen, we watched the Super Bowl game. It was just close one team and Philly wing got better on paper. So I don't understand how Buffalo is then ahead of them. I think Josh Allen and I just the Josh Allen argument is always intriguing, you know. I mean, yeah, the pictures of us, I'm telling you who he is, but I think people make a lot of him and his ability, and any team that has gone to it, it's been because of the playoffs. It's been because of their quarterback, you know what you need. And so Buffalo is always going to be in contention because of Josh Allen and also you know, Stephon Man. They got some really good players and they got a damn good defense. Also to go with that.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna go with what you're saying. I'm taking a bit further because this is true. Because I've talked to too many people, my friends who worked there. There is an East Coast bias when it comes to these ESPN type things. To an East Coast biason, it's also becomes a bias of who they like. Be it, Hey, we're gonna talk about the I Woars and plump them up high. We'll talk about the Lakers. They do that there to disrespect a man who's actually been to a Super Bowl versus another guy who's a good football player. Okay, I think Josh Allen is a When you're talking about the top five card, I will put him there along with Joe Burrow. But Joe Burrow went and did that thing you talk about not a whole lot of help.
Speaker 2: That offensive line was terrible.
Speaker 6: I mean, if they have some help up front, they might they might have pulled the whole thing off. So I do see your point when you talk about the disrespect, And I do think that's because because when you're a Midwest team and I don't. I do think you get ignored by an ESPN and that kind of things.
Speaker 4: They So you're saying Cincinnati should be number two or Philly should be number two, were you I would.
Speaker 6: Say this, I would put the Bengals ahead of Buffalo Power Index. I agree with him on that.
Speaker 4: Well, look, you made a comment last last show that we have that there's always a team that's gonna come from the bottom of the bear and work their way up, and I think we saw that from Philly even though they were a playoff team. They crawled in to the seventh seed in the playoff, and they were that team last year. To me, that came from the basement all the way to the top to play in a super Bowl.
Speaker 3: And it's the time consistency improved thing.
Speaker 6: For me when I brought that. We're about last play. So every year there is a last play, a team who was finished last year.
Speaker 3: Before, who wins their divisi Jacksonville Bingo.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well Philly for me, I mean I wasn't surprised I picked them to win the division. A lot of people thought Philly was ripe and ready to win that division.
Speaker 4: So after the acquisition of AJ Brown and all the things that they did in the off season, Yeah, you would have been a fool not to think that. But let'sten, I'm talking about a team that maybe they didn't put them at number two because they're waiting on them to show that time consistency and proved to put them at number two. Look last year season, I'm not wanting to call that a joke, all right, but do it again. Let's do it again, and I would put the Bengals there. I would put the Bengals then for because their consistency has shown that they backed to back two years in the row, a couple of players away from being being back where they were back in the Super Bowl. They have played the Cincinnati Cincinnati Okay, ye'll talking about the Banks, not a Cincinnati has showed that consistency over the last two years.
Speaker 3: That's who. That's why. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: When you look at consistency from Philly, they made the playoffs the year before. Next year they come back, they get better, they go to Super Bowl. I mean this is two years back to back playoff team, the following year they go to Super Bowl.
Speaker 3: They're starting to show some consistenty. It's somebody unique.
Speaker 4: How you don't get a Cowboys that same see said the super Bowl.
Speaker 3: Okay, went to the super Bowl.
Speaker 4: Yes, I got all right, all right?
Speaker 3: Truth.
Speaker 4: If the Cowboys go to the super Bowl consistent, that's three back to back playoffs seasons and Super Bowl right heck trying to hop on because I'm.
Speaker 3: What'd you say.
Speaker 2: Your truth over? I don't want to hear that.
Speaker 3: No, Cincinnati should be above Buffalo.
Speaker 6: To me, I had one more thing I want to throw about the Bengals. They should be trying to get a contract done with Ezekiel Elliott because Joe Mixon has shown a propensity to be injured seventeen game season. Give me mixing Elliott. I think you can do something right there. I am one of the I told some anything Zeus wat Cat would be like, oh, Zeke's I said he's not done. He's not done at all. I said, you put him in the proper time share. I think he can really excel if he went to a team and became the lead back. When you start to think about opportunities, I think the guy could get you a thousand yards.
Speaker 2: I do believe that.
Speaker 6: I just think when people leave here, especially stars on big contracts, it's almost as though we run them down. Extra Terrence Newman left here, Man, people talked it was just trash talk. That guy dude was playing. He ripped muscle from the zap Donald. I mean it was crazy. I talked to team and I said, Timmy, why aren't you telling people what's going on?
Speaker 2: I don't want anybody. I think it's an excuse.
Speaker 6: And he's like my teammatesnow's going I said, but the problem is we in the public, especially me, we don't know, so people just thinking you, mister toasty torch, can't guard anybody anymore. Guy went on to Cincinnati and Minnesota and played till he was forty plus years old. But when he left there was that remnant of good riddance DeMarcus, where yeah, man, he not worth the production dot all. That old miss guy goes up to goes up to Denver, balls out, balls out, mentors von Miller, who becomes Super Bowl MVP.
Speaker 2: Now he's getting ready to go get a gold jacket this August.
Speaker 6: I feel that Ezekiel Elliott Elliott is getting some of that same thing where people are just adding extra salt onto this thing, and I think they're gonna be mistaken if he goes to the right opportunity.
Speaker 2: Cincinnati the Chargers.
Speaker 6: These are two organizations, in my opinion, who should put out a contract this of a you know, a bear contract. Maybe asking the sentence in there, but I think Ezekiel. It can help them and more importantly help the quarterback Joe Burrow, justin Herbert two headed monster.
Speaker 3: So Zeke going to fool with Kelling Moore.
Speaker 6: You know what if you're Kellen Moore and you're putting in your offense a guy that you know, and oh, by the way, what can he what can we what do we know this man can do?
Speaker 2: He can pass? And if I'm about to give a big old fat contract.
Speaker 6: To Herbert Burrow, which both of these organizations are doing, I like to have somebody I.
Speaker 2: Know who can go ahead and take care of that job.
Speaker 6: Austin Eckler with the Chargers right now, you're not happy. Who knows where that goes. We saw what happened with Melvin Gordon. They don't suffer that. You're not about to hold them hostage. Try to sit if you want to. You know, they don't care. But I just think of that player as this is a player who I believe that still has something there and people can look up and like, oh why did we let him go? Oh he still had more? Because we give guys extra rundown when.
Speaker 3: They leave here.
Speaker 4: I'm just thinking of the story, you know what, I'm saying, Joe Burrow, Ohio State, Eliah four, he went to LSU and then Ezekiel Elliot going to Cincinnati.
Speaker 3: I think the story would be crazy.
Speaker 4: Now you've got Ohio State and LSU connection in there, because you got Jamar Chase there, you got Joe Burrow, now you got Ezekiel La.
Speaker 3: You got connections all over the place. You got a story to tell.
Speaker 4: And by the way, like you said, Joe Burrow also needs that pass protection as well. And Ezekiel Ellen we've seen him be able to still make big time runs. He not breaking sixty seventy yards, but when you need three or four you need a guy that's gonna pound to make sure that you move in the sticks. Ezekiel Elliott can still get that done. So my vote would be, hey, man, you find a way to get to Cincinnati and go up there and make that thing happen. They were a play away from winning the Super Bowl two years ago.
Speaker 6: Well, that offensive line is still not an elite They don't have an elite offensive line, so that to me even more so why I would go out and get at Ezekiela to help protect Joe Burrow. But yes, the Ohio connection, I did think of that as well. Cincinnati Columbus very close to each other, and he'd be in an area where he would have an automatic fan base that organization through the years his favor taking Ohio State football player.
Speaker 2: So I just think between Mixing.
Speaker 6: And Elliott and that division where you guys know you got to play defense. These games are nasty in December and January, and that AFC north of that kind of ground game. Added what the receivers they have, right, Okay, they got weapons. This to means where you improve in a small move, if we look at it as a small move, it could be a big move down.
Speaker 4: No, both of you make great arguments, and I think what fortified your argument is talking about Ezekiel Elliet from a past block and standpoint for Cincinnati, Joe Burrows being getting punished. I mean, all of the success that he's had, he's one of the most sacked quarterback, pressured, you know, hit quarterbacks in the NFL.
Speaker 3: And I've never.
Speaker 4: Understood Cincinnati's modus OPERENDI when it comes down to how they recruit, how they draft. Excuse me, now, they draft their offensive line, bring in offensive lineman. I knew they bought in Lao Collins. He's not healthy. I don't believe he's there anymore. I don't know this, but what I'm saying is is that they have to get some type of help for Joe Burrow on that offensive line. Bigger than that. You know, when you talk about when a guy leaves here, how he doesn't have anything left. I think that for Zeke, you know, he's cash in, he's got all the money. Doesn't really what he said, what do you have to play for other than a championship? That's the best for me? That That's what I'm looking at when I when they say Cincinnati, that gives you that opportunity. You're gonna go play somewhere that's gonna have a bona fide opportunity to play for a super Bowl. And if he can remain healthy throughout the season, man, I mean that would that's a great place for him to be. I'm still reserving hope for what fun to come back.
Speaker 6: He gonna take Stephan Gilmore's number, now, ain't gonna take another number?
Speaker 3: What number he gonna take? His college number? Come on, man, listen. Separate question.
Speaker 4: Is Joe Burrow about to start a trend because all the reports are saying that he's thinking about possibly taking it to count his teammates and how much how much of the pot they may need in order for them to have the right players around him. And he's thinking about a guy like t Higgins who was looking for a deal. Did you see Joe Burrow taking a discount so he can so he can make sure that I'm just asking who is exact I don't know. I'm just that's a bigger question. Who is his agent? Who is talking to this man? Because the last person we saw do that with Tom, Tom was the last person to do that. It worked ain't worked out perfect for him, But at some point, Dog, you want to catch it Tom and no one else and nobody else.
Speaker 2: Tom out there like a hitchhiker alone.
Speaker 3: You know, nobody. He played for twenty hey to this count.
Speaker 4: And in the end, the Mannings, the Mannings ain't never, they ain't never gating no money back. Nobody ever leaves money on the table. A Rogers ain't giving no not a dime. I'm just asking. I'm just asking the report, the reports out there. Do you think it's a possibility that he says, hey, man, I want to make sure I get some other people pay.
Speaker 3: Make sure this is at least structured in the way where we can.
Speaker 4: Get a guy like t Higgins picked up, because the T Higgins Jamar Chase connection with Joe Burrow is a big reason for them being able to go to the super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Personally, I'm skeptical.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, at least at least you're not saying this is zero.
Speaker 6: I'm skeptical because at the end of the day, and that's why I asked about the agent, what is the thing? Agents live on percentages that but agents also live on the fact. Hey, Danny, you want to sign with me because I get my guy's top dollar. Now, heck you saw Danny, you ain't get top dollar, right, you want to go over there with his agent. No, no, no, no, I'm just sitting in your living room and talk to you and your fan. I'm here to get Heckma Harrison the top dollar because heck my Haeriton, you deserve it.
Speaker 3: This business.
Speaker 6: You can be going tomorrow. But we ain't taking on discount. We get heck everything and good. It's not Hecma's job to save team money. That's what I'm saying. Where the agent thing comes in, and that's like, who's this guy? Because these dudes live off this whole thing of being able to nego. I mean they are dirty. At a friend of mine, an agent still in the agency business, but the stuff he tell me how they would do each other behind it, I'm like, oh, I means, man, how do you guys not throw.
Speaker 3: Throw blow lows? Man?
Speaker 6: Knowing people are doing this kind of not only trying to take you away, but what they're using against you.
Speaker 2: So when you say that, if Burrow's.
Speaker 6: My client and he decides that he wants to take less as an agent, I gotta figure out how do I spend this?
Speaker 2: Do I spend this?
Speaker 3: As?
Speaker 6: Hey, Joe, you're the working man of Cincinnati and you're going, you know, we're about to set up the foundation to the feeds the kids and central I mean, I gotta come up with some kind of way to spend this because it will be used against me.
Speaker 4: Could that be a start for why it's coming out now? Could it be getting spent already? Man?
Speaker 3: I'm just let you know.
Speaker 4: Man, Joe said, I'm doing everything I can to get him the most money. And Joe said he want to make sure he get his guys. I mean that's admirable. I love how that looks, but man, you better get your money. Oh yeah, I.
Speaker 6: Come back into this whole thing about Tom Brady. This is what I always used to say. Tom Brady's saving them money. But show me where the Patriots are out here spending big dollars. Wes welcome. They never spent any money on that. We ain't spending money on you. I mean all the channel, Joner Bye. I mean that was my thing is Tom, you're saving that money. And eventually Tom was getting mad too. I'm say saving dollar what a dollar is at?
Speaker 3: Now? Yes, they were going to Super Bowl like, hey, the recipe is here, we got it.
Speaker 6: But you're thinking, hey, man, I'm gonna I'll take ten dollars less so I can bring Danny Long.
Speaker 2: You know what they said up by Danny.
Speaker 3: Yeah huh, Now they gave you ten dollars, you.
Speaker 2: Can bring Danny.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: We just don't feel that way about Danny like you do.
Speaker 4: If they did that to Joe, and Joe was like, man, I'm gonna take list money so I can get Tea Higgins paid to make sure he on the squad, and the Joe Burrow signed and they're like deuces. Team that'd be some of the dirtiest out But you sit.
Speaker 3: That's what I know. You sitting.
Speaker 4: I'm saying you see, I still would be dirty and still would be like, Oh, man, they call up.
Speaker 3: See how they got you.
Speaker 2: They got you, they did it to you.
Speaker 4: Oh they did Oh god sniffer man, Oh they gotte they did him, dirty boy.
Speaker 3: Let's let's hit.
Speaker 2: The brake when we come back.
Speaker 6: We had a Twitter question from a fan of the Players Lounge about Michael Galloping.
Speaker 2: How good is Michael Galloping? How should we view him?
Speaker 6: Let's do that next with heck Ma Harrison, Danny create Newie Scutsberry Church Today off this Players brought to you by Tostitos on Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Y'all come rady.
Speaker 7: Once you use the cowboys locker rooms favorite products, check out the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black. Right now you can get the Jack Black Playmaker, a curated collection of Cowboys locker room favorites, for just ten bucks with free shipping. The Playmaker includes four Jack Black skincare favorites plus a full sized intense therapy lipbomb.
Speaker 2: Go to get Jack Black dot com.
Speaker 7: Slash Cowboys and use the code word Cowboys the Jack Black playmaker ten bucks free Shipping.
Speaker 8: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys. Blockchain dot com is one of the most trusted ways to buy, sell, and trade crypto. Whether you're always on the go or stay closer to home, blockchain dot com is just a few taps away put the power of crypto in your pocket, so no matter where you are, you can trade on your terms and build a crypto portfolio to fit your life. For cryptopros, rookies, and anyone in between, blockchain dot com.
Speaker 2: Makes it easy to own a piece of the future.
Speaker 8: Blockchain dot Com trusted by millions, Trust it by America's Team.
Speaker 4: Hi, I'm Danny mccraig, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here with Smoothie King and Smoothie King wants to ask you, what's that sound? That's the sound of you and everyone else absolutely loving new smoothie bowls from Smoothie King.
Speaker 3: And Whoo Me Too.
Speaker 4: These smoothie bowls start with USII and Pataya and are handcrafted with fresh topics like sliced bananas, sweetberries, crunchy purely Elizabeth Granola and his Savory Peanut butter drizzle new Smoothie bowls only at Smoothie King, the official smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 5: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders, and Cowboy legends. You want to stay at a team hotel, attend the best tail gay party in Texas, tour the Star and talk ex'es and o's with me Everson Walls. With Star Sports Tours, you can visit cowboystravel dot com to book your travel package Today to the Players Loud.
Speaker 4: Head to the Miller Light House at AT and T Stadium for the Dallas Cowboys Tacos and Tunes Festival presented by Miller of Light, rescheduled to Saturday, June third, from three to eight pm. Enjoy a variety of tacos and food truck options while you sip on cold drinks and listen to live music at Mission and Parking for the Dallas Cowboys Tacos and Tunes Festival are free. Visit att Stadium dot com slash Tacos and Tunes for more information.
Speaker 3: See you there, good.
Speaker 2: Street Tacos boy gets you every time, time man every time?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: Heck, Ma Harrison appreciate that.
Speaker 6: Danny McCrae for Dallas Cowboys safety joining us right here on Newy Scruggs.
Speaker 2: This is a players Lounge bock to you by Tostitos.
Speaker 6: Michael L sent me a tweet and he says, I don't know if I asked you, but does one season make Michael Gallup great? Because I hear a lot of people talk about a below average player? Can you that's the guys about it on the players land. Now this is my response to on Twitter unless you guys reacting that I don't consider him a great wide receiver. He's not even a number one white. He's a good player, but great is something he has yet to achieve in my opinion.
Speaker 3: That's what I said.
Speaker 4: Who said? Did he say somebody said he was great?
Speaker 2: That's what Yes, that's what he said. What is is because I hear a lot of people talk.
Speaker 3: About it about him being great?
Speaker 6: Right, he says, but does one season make him great? And he pointed out his career stats.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, no, I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't think he's great. Tom consistently.
Speaker 3: I don't think.
Speaker 4: I don't think he's shown that, and then him not being healthy last year didn't help.
Speaker 8: Do.
Speaker 4: I think that he is a hell of a deep threat. Absolutely. When he can stretch the field and go and make those fifty to fifty ball, catch those fifty fifty balls, that's when he's at his best. It's not him running hitch riots and doing all that. When he could take the top off of the defense, that that's when he's at his best. And I don't think last year he was able to do that because he wasn't able to come out of his cuts and people were able to just sit on every route that he ran. But I don't think he's great. I think he has some stuff to prove. And this year he'll be a number three receiver, so he's gonna have a lot of stuff to prove. I mean, you got Ceedee Lamb. I know, I'm serious. You got you got Ceedee Lamb, and that's what you got cook you got Cooks, and then you got Michael Gallup.
Speaker 6: And that's what Michael right here in his response where he says, I don't believe is the number two, but I'm just a fan of just wondering what is everyone seeing that makes him say to say that hopefully he'll be himself this year. So that's what he there.
Speaker 4: You know, when it comes to the argument about Michael Gallup is it's weird for me because I view him more than just what he's been pigeonholed in two and that's the what you just said, take the top off. He's a deep threat. He can on a god boss fab as you know post route, that's all he got in his repertoire. He's shown, he's shown us over the years that he's more than that. And I think twenty nineteen with him and Amari Cooper, that was the year that I thought, with his eleven hundred yard season that Michael was alluding to the one year that ended up allowing him to get paid. I think you saw everything that he can bring to you out of his wheelhouse. But then obviously what is been the detern to his productivity has been the injuries. Him and Ceedee Lamb just haven't been able to mesh like a true one, to receive a cord like you'd like to see, like in Cincinnati in places like that because of his injuries. But finally, hopefully this is. I think the thing is is that the Cowboy front office has wanted that they see the potential for that.
Speaker 3: And when he did his interview, I believe it is a week ago.
Speaker 4: I don't know which one of our beat writers he was with, but he basically saying, look, I'm happy to be back in into you know, to come back into headquarters. You know, I'm feeling more confident in my knee coming back from an ACL injury.
Speaker 3: That to me gives you the pause.
Speaker 4: Are their belief that Michael Gallup can resurrect his career from being that guy that's often injured to giving you the eleven hundred yards. But here's the question that I have for y'all. You know, what is productivity for your number two? Because for me, a name brand number one wide receiver is gonna give you thirteen to fifteen double digit touchdowns. We've yet to get that from CD Lamb, the double digit touchdowns, but he's on the cusp of that. I believe this season for Michael Gallup, if you get five to eight, seven or eight touchdowns, to me, that's what you want from a number two receiver. And let's not act like the number two receiver in Dallas has been hasn't been the tight end?
Speaker 3: You know? No, You're right.
Speaker 4: Well, first, I want to go back to saying I don't I want to make sure nobody believes that I'm pigeonholing Michael Gallup into saying that all he could do is run deep ross. I'm saying, when he's at his best, that's what he's doing. He is the guy right what the defensive coordinator is looking at guys, he's saying, ceedee lamb, we got to make sure we don't let him do this. Michael Gallup, You got to make sure you don't let him get to this part of the field because if he does, truly the record game is what I'm saying, And he can still run all the routes, but the part that fears defensive coordinators is him taking the top off the defense.
Speaker 3: Number two. Man, Like, when you look around the league, and we.
Speaker 4: Just talked about Cincinnati and what those two receivers are able to do. Jamar Chase is a number one. And then when you look at t Higgins number two, and he's trying to get paid because he's putting up over a thousand yards and I don't know how many touchdowns he had, but he's a force out there. Even when you look at Justin Jefferson and Adam Thieln, Adam Thielan had more touchdowns in the previous two years than Justin Jefferson did.
Speaker 3: I think it was double digits a Brown.
Speaker 4: So when you look at guys who are number twos in this day and age of the receiver, yeah, they essentially have. You have to be able to say, hey man, he probably could go be at number one on another team. That's what people are looking at for some of their number twos. When especially for a team like the Cowboys, who's our number two this year? Cooks number one on any other team? He was number one out there in Houston, and he played like a number one out there in New Orleans and was very very competitive out there in LA. So when you're thinking about the number two guys, yeah, you gotta say, hey man, this dude right here, if he's not on this team, somebody's probably paying him to be a number one. Do you see that in Michael gall I don't. I don't, And the reason why I don't see that is because of the injuries, and I think post previous to that, I would have said based off of that one year, Oh, this kid, he can go somewhere and be a number one. He was going and he was trending in that direction and the injuries derailed him.
Speaker 6: When I think of number two is just just listening to our conversation right now, T Higgins. I think Odell Beckham junior when he was with the Rams, absolutely that Super Bowl year cleared.
Speaker 4: But that's the season Cooper Cup had, like I mean, crazy numbers, one of the Triple Crown.
Speaker 6: But I'm just saying that boom, here's your two Devontae Smith and Philadelphia. I think of him as a two feeling. Last year in Minnesota, you got Jefferson, here's feeling. Mike Williams out there with the Chargers, you.
Speaker 2: Got Cannan down him.
Speaker 6: Michael Gallup is not in that realm of receiver when I'm thinking about what these guys do, I don't see him in that fashion, and so he's got work to do to get there.
Speaker 2: That's that's you know.
Speaker 6: When we talk about where a guy is and where you see him, he's not in that conversation yet, He's got work to do to get himself in there.
Speaker 4: Like I said, if for me, the numbers for Michael Gallup is in a thousand yards. The numbers for Michael Gallup is between seven and eight hundred yards and possibly having that Adam Thieling ten touchdown year, you know, because everybody's double team and on cd on on the outside. That's a success for me as a number two. Because Adam Thieling his numbers are seven sixteen last year, seven twenty six a year before and his best season nine twenty eight, nine twenty five and twenty twenty.
Speaker 3: So number of touchdowns in no seasons fourteen, ten and six yeah, yards out there.
Speaker 4: What did I say is is the what the best? If you would you would aspire to. Everybody wants fourteen touchdowns, even as a number one receiver, you want fourteen.
Speaker 3: Touchdowns off the rep.
Speaker 4: But for I think for Michael Gallup, let's let's go back to Ceede Lamb. If Ceedee Lamb has fourteen hundred yards fourteen touchdowns, that he is crowning himself as the number one receiver. We just hadn't seen him a cent to that level. As far as the production is there, the yard is is there, but the touchdowns haven't been there. Listen, Let's let's just answer this question here because you brought it up, and I want to know your opinion. Who is our number two receiver right nowoks? So why we asking Michael Gallup? He's not even the number two on our squad right now? And even and you know Michael who had hit sent us detwity, he's a he's not a number two, but to me, he's always been a three.
Speaker 6: What I think of go back to old school rams, is it go? I mean it was Terry Tory Hill, it was Isa King. I look at Gallop like that when we when when the Cowboys, when he had Kelvin Martin, no number three guy, damn sure effective right there. But you had Urban, you had Harper next thing, you know, Kelvin Martin out here?
Speaker 3: Catch it bad?
Speaker 2: Oh forgot about Kelvin Martin.
Speaker 6: That's what I look at my gala bats right now. That's what he's shown you in his best it's in that spot. If he wants to be considered it too and move up to that, then yeah, you got to go there. I know he said before, Hey, I like to think you know I'm a number one receiver. Then that's fine. But right now, right now, and that's my biggest thing is right now what old Bill Parcell's on.
Speaker 2: All I can go by is what I see.
Speaker 6: By the way, went to Swooth the King, your man Danny here talking about the bruh.
Speaker 3: That's the one bruh.
Speaker 2: This is good.
Speaker 3: At first, after that, I thought.
Speaker 4: You were eating beans with and I was like, what is a bean? Berl strawberries? That's granola. Set it off, man, This is good. Now looks good.
Speaker 3: No, it's good.
Speaker 2: I appreciate you man, you know.
Speaker 4: Oh and do we all trust DeVante Adams in his opinion on on receivers and the skilled positions in the league. Yeah, okay, because he said he said our guys top five. He said, CD Lamb is a top five receiver in the league, and I'm leaning towards to believe in them, just based off what we've seen him do last year and kind of the the efficiencies that we had on our offense. I think that this year, revamped with Mike McCarthy as a play caller, I think we see ceedee Lamb. He took off last year, but I think he has sent to that, like what you said, crowning himself, you know, one of the top guys in the league.
Speaker 6: By the way the NFL owners meanings to go and look at get Look who sitting down there on the microphone talking Joe Jr. Cowboy secondary defensive passing game court. It'll get getting some love better talking to us guys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, he got some guys. He got some guys right, yes.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And once again they should be looked at as the strength of this football team. And if Mike McCarthy becomes a play caller, we think then the offense should be able to complement this defense even more. Or let's take our final break. When we come back, let's dive in and what did Joe Wait, Junior here, I got some opinions about this coach. Next, let's dive into that with Heck Maherrison, Danny Krab Newie Scrubs players bo to you by toast Tito's on Dallas Cowboys Calcom Radio.
Speaker 4: Hi, I'm Danny mccraig, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here. What's Smoothie King? And Smoothie King wants to ask you, what's that sound? That's the sound of you and everyone else absolutely loving new smoothie bowls from Smoothie King and.
Speaker 3: Whoo me too.
Speaker 4: These Smoothie Bowls start with Usaii and Pataya and are handcrafted with fresh topics like sliced bananas, sweetberries, Crunchy Purely Elizabeth Granola and his Savory Peanut butter Drizzle. New smoothie bowls only at Smoothie King, the official smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 7: Once he use the cowboys locker rooms favorite products, check out the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: It's Jack Black.
Speaker 7: Right now, you can get the Jack Black Playmaker, a curated collection of Cowboys locker room favorites, for just ten bucks with free shipping. The Playmaker includes four Jack Black skincare favorites plus a full sized intense therapy lipbomb. Go to get Jack Black dot com, slash Cowboys and use the code word Cowboys the Jack Black Playmaker ten bucks free shipping.
Speaker 8: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys. Blockchain dot com is one of the most trusted ways to buy, sell, and trade crypto. Whether you're always on the go or stay closer to home, blockchain dot com is just a few types away. Put the power of crypto in your pocket, so no matter where you are, you can trade on your terms and build a crypto portfolio to fit your life.
Speaker 3: For cryptopros, rookies.
Speaker 2: And anyone in between.
Speaker 8: Blockchain dot Com makes it easy to own a piece of the future. Blockchain dot Com trusted by millions, Trust it by America's team.
Speaker 5: Star Sports Tools is the only efficient fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with three games, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders and Cowboy legends.
Speaker 3: You want to stay at.
Speaker 5: The Team Hotel, attend the best tail gay party in Texas, tour the Star and talk ex'es and o's with me Everson Walls. With Star Sports Tours, you can visit Cowboys Travel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 2: Back to the players Lounge.
Speaker 4: The schedule is set and limited tickets for the twenty twenty three Dallas Cowboys season at and T Stadium are available now. Don't miss your chance to see your Cowboys live at at and T Stadium when they host the NFC East Rivals, Eagles, Giants and Commanders, plus the Rams, Seahawks, Patriots, Lions, and Jets. Visit Dallas Cowboys dot com, slash tickets or seek geek dot Com, the official ticketing provider of AT and T Stadium.
Speaker 6: Hetmanharrison, appreciate you got Danny Brand, former Cowboys safety of New Stress. This is the Players Lounge, brought to you by Toe Steevesbury Church with today off. Okay, so right now NFL Network there interviewing our guy, Joe Witt, Junior's Cowboys secondary pass gain coordinator here, long time coach with Mike McCarthy. Is this the best secondary talking corners of safetyes combined that we've seen here in I don't know, almost a decade coming into this year, potentially.
Speaker 4: More than that, because I was here. I got here in twenty ten, and I don't remember us having having guys like that. Like I remember we drafted draft him on. We had the car and the expectation was what these guys that have already done. But Stephan Gilmore has been a top guy in the league for the last seven six seven years.
Speaker 3: And then you got Trayvon Diggs who lay at the.
Speaker 4: League and interceptions a year prior to this one, and then now he stepped up his game. He didn't have as many interceptions, but as far as his coveraging technique he got I thought he got a lot better. So if you say, all right, now you got steph fu Gilmore and you got Trayvon Diggs ascending him and becoming a better player. Yeah, you definitely got to in the league. And oh, by the way, you got three great safeties. You just paid one and then you got hooker and you got cursed as the leader of the secondary.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Man, you should be feeling really good about your secondary room right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I feel so good about.
Speaker 4: The addition of Stephan Gilmour, and based off of everything that you said of him being the man all these years in the league, but his ability to play man set you up being zoned. You know, it's just overall football like you, I think just really reeks of what we've needed. They've needed a guy like him for a very long time. They've tried to depend on Anthony Brown to be that, and we've seen several games which just Anthony Brown did not live up to the billing of the contract or any of that. The safety is also really what gives me the most confidence when you sign a guy like Donovan Wilson for over the last couple of years, seemed like he was on the outs and then dan Quinn comes in and the next thing you know, he has a completely resurgence renewing of his career. And I think him and his ability with Jerran Curse as just enforced us back there against the run game, but also in passing when you have Malik Hooker that you can also bring in in those sub packages. I mean, believe it or not, I mean a lot of teams go you know five, you know six, You don't have as many as you possibly can. It's because of this passing league that we have. But Stephan Gilmore, Trayvon Diggs to me on paper, looked like one of the tops in the NFC East. And that's knowing what we have over in Philly and everywhere else. I think they the best. And oh, by the way, who let the team and interceptions last season that I forgot to mention?
Speaker 3: Was it Darron Bland. Don't forget. Don't forget the rookie who came in and showed.
Speaker 4: That he can take the ball away and make a huge impact on the defense. So now you got Stepun Stephunk Gilmore, you got Trayvon Dings, you got Dron blaand you got Malik Hooking. You got j Ron Curse, like you're just looking at this, you say, you know what we should We should be okay no matter what happens. You got an injury that you got a little depth at the cornerback position, Well yeah you should.
Speaker 3: You should be okay.
Speaker 4: And and and the other question is going to be is Jordan lewis gonna be what's gonna be his timeline on returning as well? That's that's important.
Speaker 2: I forgot forgot me, yeah, Jay Lou.
Speaker 6: And what's going to make this secondary even better? Potentially Mozzie Smith m h. And I think that fans who And this is a shame because I saw that rookie They did have the l A Coliseum for the peninie trading cards. They brought out all the rookies and Deuce Vaughan got he got to go out and be a part of the rookie trading Yeah yeah, and Shoemaker yeah, school schoon and and and Deuce first round pick, I mean rare is it? The Dallas Cowboys first round draft pick is not in that shoot?
Speaker 3: It is rare.
Speaker 2: And Mozzie was.
Speaker 6: Not there, and I hated for him because what he does is not something you can write down statistically.
Speaker 2: It's what other people are able to do.
Speaker 6: You know, it's almost like being an offensive lineman, having that kind of position he has in the line, but his ability to help stop the run and force teams eventually into third and seven or third and eight. That's gonna make those guys back there better because they know there's gonna have to pass.
Speaker 2: They're gonna know what to do.
Speaker 6: So I really think that a guy like Mazie Smith fans who may not be up on what he does, he's going to help you. And that's how he gets helped us defensively. Man, they're gonna be They're gonna be put some good situations.
Speaker 3: Listen.
Speaker 4: He's a first round defensive tackle pick, all right, And with this being a passing league and how things have changed, and you have to look at guys like Vitave and hard Grave and you say, you know, what, can you make an impact from that position? Absolutely, he may have not had that type of gameplay when he was in college because you're in college, you're not around a guy like Dan Quinn, right, so you start adding tools to your game and all of a sudden, you say, all right, the Masi Smith that you washed and you thought that was the position that he was only going to be able to play. Oh man, dan Quinn got his hands on him and he showed him this is how you do this. This is the movee you need to make. This is how you read this. And all of a sudden you said, oh wait, hold on what he got?
Speaker 3: He had? How many sacks from them vices will for.
Speaker 2: You know what he did?
Speaker 6: How Bill Bill Balch was able to utilize his services. I just think those guys are so important. And I think Bill parcelsh and he had Leonard Marshall up foot hurt. You know, you guys like that help other players, and that's where to me that secondary they get more help because now you just can't run up the good on the Cowboys and now it's second and second and two.
Speaker 4: But the other thing new is is the fact that you have players like that that they're not stat sheet guys, if they're not going to do anything that you notice that, Oh my.
Speaker 3: God, he had this many tackles for lost.
Speaker 4: What he's going to do is gobble love blocks and needs going to make life a lot easier for Michael Parson's tank, Lawrence and other players.
Speaker 3: And that's what I'm saying. That is what this defense has needed.
Speaker 4: When we saw in those games where the running game got going against Green Bay, when you know other teams capitalized on the running game, it was because we were not stopping the run. And even when they take advantage in the passing game, we're not pushing the pocket. We're not making the quarterback uncomfortable back that even with Micah on the field. So that's where I think when you have a player like Mazie that look mans as dimensional as his game is, I think he's going to add to your secondary, to your point to make them that much better because now you're able to present so much more pressure.
Speaker 6: Warren Sap always said this, the back don't work without.
Speaker 3: The front, and he had a good good front. Boy cool. Yeah.
Speaker 6: And I was watching a clip from Jack Lambert and they were talking about the seventy six Pittsburgh Steelers that didn't win the Super Bowl but lost in the AFC Championship game without an effective Rocky Blyer Franko Harris, but up front they were so good that Jack Lambert and Jack ham had Hall of Fame careers. Off the dudes up front and in the back you got Mail Blood. I mean, their secondary was just like either they were lighting you up, hitting you because you touched, they cracked back on you, or they were sting intercepting the ball. But everything started up front. And that's that same thing when Warren Sapt talked about Tampa. Hey, the back don't work without the front, and that's the same thing here.
Speaker 2: The back.
Speaker 6: Here we see what the back in the Cowboys potentially can be. It can be pretty good, it'll be really good you get that front up there. That's where Diggs might be able to lead the league in interceptions, or even Gilmour can return to that defensive player of the year for him there. I'll tell you, if I was one of these defensive guys, I'd be bringing in lunch. I'd be bringing donuts for these dudes up front here, because hey, guys, you do your thing, thank you.
Speaker 4: Rather than in the first round, I'm telling you, I believe that they see more in him than just being a guy who could take up blocks. I think they see some potential in him where he can be a force in the passing game, not just pushing the pocket, but teaching them some moves to make him be a guy who they say, hey, man, we need to make sure we block that guard. He's gonna wreck our game for you to go pick a defensive tackle in the first round. Dan Quinn type of guy who specializes in defensive defensive line.
Speaker 3: I think he sees more than just.
Speaker 4: A guy who he's gonna teach how to, hey man, hit hit an extend and then stay in your gap. I think I see more than that. I said it from the beginning. I wanted who dan Quinn want me, and if it was Mozzie Smith, then I'm in agreeance to that. My whole thing, and what I've been thinking about is who else is going to benefit up front from Mozzie's presence. You know, I think it's gonna be hard for him just to be a one trick pony and just to be a guy. Now I'm gobbling up two and three guys at a time to allow these other guys to run. They're gonna put a package in that's gonna allow him to get to the quarterback. But guys like Daurrence Armstrong has got to be licking his chops. A guy that had a great season last season but will benefit as well. You talk about those said Diggi Zua being a guy that's gonna benefit. There's so many guys that can benefit by having a true one tech that can gobble the way that Mozzie Smith is put intentially gonna do.
Speaker 6: What if you took and we've seen Dan Quinn, do you take us out put tank on the D line inside a D tackle spot with Mazie. Then you got Parsons on one spot, the Dorans or Shrung.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that could be interesting.
Speaker 6: They can come up with some schemes here so that that portion is pretty good. But man, I hate once again I go back there. I hate the fact that a guy like Majie Smith did not get the opportunity to go out here to get it, get it, get his picture, man, the trading card picture with.
Speaker 3: You when you saw us, like, hey, what's going on? They went with the flash man.
Speaker 2: And that it was him. You hate that part.
Speaker 6: Like, guys, he may not be quote unquote sexy to you right now, but start winning now.
Speaker 2: Vince Woolford looked real sexy.
Speaker 3: For the time right, noverybody, absolutely.
Speaker 6: You know those guys matter. Booker McFarland's matter. I mean you get those big boys up there, man, they matter, Sam Adams, Tony Sarah Goose with the Ravens. Man, these dudes, Matt. If we're talking about football, this is what it should be. And and you know, ain't nothing wrong with the kids saying, hey man, this this guy, this guy's defensive tackle taking off.
Speaker 2: He man up here taking on folks. I mean, I hate that for.
Speaker 3: The other we're talking about this before we get out of here.
Speaker 4: Hey man, hey, your guy, Okay, he making the man with everybody jersey. Don't they call the man say it was a sament you have on the Philly jersey? Listen, man, can I say this, I won't say this about that. When you Michael, when you ball like Michael Parsons, you can wear whatever jersey you want. It's not about wearing No, when you bought, when you Michael Carson can wear whatever you want to when the player on the opposing team, all the way you want. You just had all Michael Park whatever you like. Drake the Bazooka could wear whatever he want. No, it wasn't about him wearing the jersey. Bro he got on the Philly jersey from the Philly player and then the Celtics players like hold on, bro, did.
Speaker 3: You just have.
Speaker 2: Courtsied over there with that?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: So nothing about you. Yeah where whatever Jersey go.
Speaker 2: To South Beat showing Jimmy Butler Jersey.
Speaker 3: He even said himself, he said many.
Speaker 4: Native time out, time out, Michael time out. Michael might be in Miami and heat Jersey.
Speaker 3: He knows.
Speaker 4: He said, next year, hes gonna pick one team and stick with him because he understands. So we know we ain't saying nothing that you know, ain't nobody else saying. He came out and saying this ain't now you well whatever you want to look like Drake, but get you a team, bro, get your team his team.
Speaker 3: I thought the team was going to state. You don't know what his team.
Speaker 8: Don't wear?
Speaker 2: Just where they all?
Speaker 3: Right? Man, they get off hey, man, get off the briefcase. Man. Yeah, you know he took it to strive. He knows.
Speaker 2: Is he gonna show up in South Beach because they went to the final.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're gonna show up, show up in South Beach, Michael with your heat jersey onn O t by the stuff.
Speaker 3: That's right, that's a by the s. He focused.
Speaker 6: He focused where Jaal Murray.
Speaker 4: He's gonna start getting that Uh who got put out the l a charges of arena?
Speaker 3: Who is that they gonna be course, tickets are no longer available. Dog, he couldn't get that prespect.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no sideline passes. He was up in the stands.
Speaker 3: Rest in peace. Jim Brown.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, great, the greatest football player of all time period.
Speaker 6: Yeah, don't tell me Tom right now, it's Jim Brown, and it's Jim Brown. One of the three most intimidating people I've ever been able to interview in sports.
Speaker 2: Jim Brown. Great guy.
Speaker 6: Got to meet him in Cleveland back when he used to let the media eat with the team. He walked in there. Belichick was a head coach time, and then Art Modell was in. You thought you would have thought Jim on the team. You'd have thought because the way.
Speaker 2: They respected him. Reviewed.
Speaker 6: I was like, I'd never seen pro players treat another dude like that, Like it was royalty up in this moment.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was.
Speaker 2: That kind of guy. Man, He was that kind of guy. And then when he was in La Man he was always kind of me.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 6: Just Jim Brown, Greys football player of all time period period. Danny McCrae, Heck Maharrison, I'm a new discuss for Chris Bean, Jazz Big Will.
Speaker 2: Everybody's a part of this.
Speaker 6: We appreciate you checking out the players note pot to you by Tostiito's on Dallas Cowboys dot Com Radio.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.