Speaker 1: It's the Best Bits of the week with Morgan I Kill just the bits.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the Best Bits this weekend. I hope everyone is having a fun and safe weekend. Maybe you're early celebrating for the Super Bowl, or maybe you're just hanging out and enjoying a normal Saturday in February.
Speaker 3: Either way, I'm really happy you're here.
Speaker 2: We've got a lot to catch up on on the Bobby buonchew from this week, so let's get to it.
Speaker 3: Fun Fact Friday this week was all.
Speaker 2: About the super Bowl because the super Bowl is tomorrow. Depending on when you're listening to this, you might get the fun facts before or after the big game.
Speaker 3: Either way, I hope you enjoy these.
Speaker 2: A lot of these I never even knew about such a big thing in.
Speaker 3: Our pop culture.
Speaker 4: Number seven fun Fact right Day Super Bowl edition of fun Fact Friday. I'll go first. Phil Simms, quarterback of the Giants, was the first ever to say I'm going to Disney World after winning the Super Bowl MVP in nineteen eighty seven, and now pretty much everybody has said it every year and Disney pays for it. Then they actually get paid to go to Disney World, which is pretty cool.
Speaker 5: Amy.
Speaker 6: More food is eaten on Super Bowl Sunday than any other day except Thanksgiving. It's the only day.
Speaker 4: Do you guys? Are you at your stage in life? Do you like a Super Bowl party? Yes? Love it, hate it.
Speaker 7: But I like it.
Speaker 6: I like it for the food.
Speaker 4: Okay, do you stay the whole game?
Speaker 6: No? I don't need to have I eaten.
Speaker 4: Then we're good. Eddie, do you stay the whole game?
Speaker 8: Do I stay the whole game? Yes, all the way to the area you have the party. I'd normally like to host the party of my house. Yes, we do bingo, cards and all that with food and everything. Never once been to a party you posted it well because my wife puts it together.
Speaker 4: Really Okay, it's like kids and stuff.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's kids. It's usually my kids friends and their parents.
Speaker 4: You come to parties we've had, Yeah, We've never once to come to a party. You've never even been invited. Do you want to come to one of our Super Bowl God? No, but I'm saying I don't want all I want to one time.
Speaker 5: Okay, we'll invite Lunchbox.
Speaker 9: On Super Bowl Sunday, Americans will spend one point three billion dollars on beer.
Speaker 4: I need to know how many Americans that is. I need it broken down.
Speaker 10: No, one point three billion.
Speaker 9: I'm not talking billion dollars on beer in one day.
Speaker 4: No, I hear you. If that's one person, I'd be like, that guy has problems. I just need it broken down. When it's like one of those real high numbers, like how much per person per beer? Oh my god?
Speaker 6: Well just yeah, I don't know how to die by the people watching, but not everybody watching drinks.
Speaker 4: The coin toss has resulted in heads twenty nine times and tails twenty nine times.
Speaker 6: That's interesting.
Speaker 4: Fifty to fifty straight up. Since the beginning of flipping the coin, who has the most Super Bowl MVP Awards? Amy?
Speaker 6: But Tom Brady correct?
Speaker 4: Five?
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 4: The Super Bowl halftime show did not feature big name artists until nineteen ninety three when Michael Jackson performed. Until then, I don't even know what they did. They even show it. I have no idea have do you even having parties for a long time? Do they just show it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I have no idea.
Speaker 2: Morgan, all right, So in the mid nineteen sixties, the Lamar Hunt, who is the Kansas City Chiefs owner, he first used the term super Bowl, later saying the name was likely in his head because his children had been playing with a.
Speaker 3: Super ball toy.
Speaker 2: It's also claimed that the name came from the bowl shape of football stadiums.
Speaker 4: So Lamar Hunt gets credit for naming it the super Bowl.
Speaker 5: Interesting.
Speaker 4: The first Super Bowl ticket costs twelve dollars in nineteen sixty seven. Super Bowl tickets right now I looked it up are currently listed on stub Hub anywhere from the absolute cheapest at five thousand to fifty five thousand in the stadium. And that's not a suite in the suite of theree, hundreds of thousands of each like for a single seat. The Buffalo Bills appeared in four straight Super Bowls. Listen to this, Amy, Think of this. They went one, two, three, four, ninety one, ninety two, ninety three, and ninety four four in a row. Never happened. How do you think they won?
Speaker 6: None?
Speaker 4: None?
Speaker 5: Good job?
Speaker 4: They lost four in a row. That's crazy to think about now. I remember it happening being a kid and be like, oh, that sucks for them, Jim Kelly, that sucks. But to go four years in a row and lose every time, and they're not going again I know. Well, and then finally, commercials during the Super Bowl cost about seven million dollars this year for a thirty second spot. It used to be a thing too where it's like wait for the commercials, but now pretty much all the good commercials you see beforehand. It has the lore of Saturday morning cartoons back in the day, man, Saturday morning wake up watch cartoons. Now there's cartoons everywhere. You find them online.
Speaker 5: All times of day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, super Bowl you already see the commercials. They make a big deal about the commercial before they even come out, so.
Speaker 6: Before Michael Jackson's performance, because you were talking about that was the first one in nineteen ninety three, like televised halftime show. Sure it was often uneventful before that and featured college marching bands and flag spinning.
Speaker 4: There's no way they put them on TV.
Speaker 6: Right, Well, that was just probably not that.
Speaker 4: That was what was the Super Bowl even at like college football games.
Speaker 6: But I mean, some of that stuff is impressive.
Speaker 4: I'm not saying it's not impressive, but I can't see people gathering around the TV like, hey, put your wing down, come over and watch the flag spending real quick.
Speaker 6: I guess did Michael Jackson do it because Pepsi.
Speaker 4: It probably was a bunch of money put into sponsorship.
Speaker 6: And then they're like, oh okay, we're onto something now.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I mean, I'm sure that was It was probably a one time thing that they were like, wow, we can buy this and make a lot of money showing it.
Speaker 5: This year is Kendrick Lamar uh huh.
Speaker 4: Says is also doing it too. That's cool.
Speaker 11: All right, there you go.
Speaker 4: Fun Fact Friday's super Bowl edition. It's the best Bits.
Speaker 1: Of the Week with Morgan number two.
Speaker 2: The segment has become a listener favorite. It's Tuesday Reviewesday and we shared some things that you can add to your watch list. I personally watched something that Bobby had suggested a while back.
Speaker 3: So did Lunchbox.
Speaker 2: Mike de watch something totally new as he always does. Movie Mike and Bobby shared an new show that he thinks everybody should check out.
Speaker 3: He really enjoyed.
Speaker 2: So, without further ado, get your pen, your pencil or your notes app ready and write these down.
Speaker 4: Number six Tuesday Reviews Day, I'll start. We watched the show we binged, the show hard called Day of the Jackal. Have you guys heard of this Nope. It is on Peacock. It's awesome. Eddie Redmain is my new favorite person in the world. That dude. He played Stephen Hawking back in the day. He plays an assassin. That's all I'm going to say it is. I don't know what the rating is. If you can find me the rating. I even look it up.
Speaker 6: Eighty five percent on Rotten Tomatoes.
Speaker 4: Awesome. It is called The Day of the Jackal. It's in another language though it's in British. That's English, I know, I know, yes, yes, but sometimes though you're like, what we keep the subtitles on. It's in British. It's awesome. I'm gonna give it four and a half out of five sniper rifles. That's all I'm gonna say. I'm gonna say no more because I want you to enjoy the show and I that's two things I've mentioned. It's been on Peacock. I'm not getting paid by Peacock. This is not no money here. But I watched Will Rumbull on two and it was pretty awesome. Yeah, Mike d Tuesday Reviews Day.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I watched a movie called You're Cordially Invited with Will Ferrell and Reese Witherspoon.
Speaker 4: It's a movie.
Speaker 12: Yeah, it's a comedy movie on on Prime.
Speaker 6: Okay, yeah, just come out.
Speaker 12: It's actually pretty good. Like I like a good dumb comedy every now and then, and this is like good classic Will Ferrell R rated raunchy comedy premise. It's about he has a daughter getting married, Reese Witherspoon's sisters getting married and they get double book at a venue, so then they have to like share the wedding venue.
Speaker 4: Is that why she's in the news so much? Because she's promoting a movie? Yeah, what are you reading?
Speaker 12: I give it three out of five, which is strong for a movie like this, Like it's rom com it's really dumb.
Speaker 4: You're gonna watch and be like this is stupid, but you kind of enjoy it. Okay, So we got what's it called. You're cordially invited? You're cordially invited? Okay, Tuesday reviews day Amy anything.
Speaker 6: I have not finished anything, you can not allowed to review. No review, just started a bunch of different things and now it's like all messy and I don't know what to watch it on stressing.
Speaker 9: Out anything, Lunchbox, Yeah, Black Doves on Netflix.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I did this a couple weeks ago.
Speaker 9: And it is like spies and infiltration and lies and affairs.
Speaker 4: Man, it's awesome, awesome, and it's so good.
Speaker 9: There are parts in a little corner you're like, Okay, that's ridiculous, but so entertaining, and at the end of episode you're like, oh, I got to watch the next one.
Speaker 10: You don't want to it to me, only a week to watch the whole thing? Review four out of five affairs?
Speaker 4: Do you remember me reviewing it?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 10: I never heard of it.
Speaker 6: Oh I watched it because you reviewed it.
Speaker 4: I just wonder if he if it's like blind karaoke where he doesn't hear the music, if he even hears us reviewing.
Speaker 9: Things now, Literally, my sister in law said she started watching it. So I told my wife and so we were like, all right, we'll check it out. And it took us a week.
Speaker 10: Done.
Speaker 6: Next month, he's going to be like the day of.
Speaker 4: Eddie anything I started watching glad starting done? Can we shouldn't even mention when we're starting slippery place? I know, just say no, I have nothing because okay, here's what I started. I'm not doing it Morgan yet on.
Speaker 2: Your recommendation, I watched season one of Severn's Apple TV.
Speaker 4: Plus, one of the best shows ever. You can hate it, though.
Speaker 2: My brain was exploding, Like I think the first couple episodes of was bum because it was kind of slow, and then it just all over the place and my brain literally sat there, and after I was like, I think I need a break.
Speaker 3: My brain needs a break. I loved it.
Speaker 4: Feel free to review it badly. You don't have to base it on my opinion.
Speaker 3: No, I really loved it.
Speaker 2: It was a little slow in the beginning, so that's why it's getting four out of five books.
Speaker 4: And season two is rolling right now, which is cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I watched the first three episodes.
Speaker 4: I could do night Age because I never officially reviewed that crap Night Agent on Netflix. Season one, two and a half out of five phones. Oh it is it. They telegraph the moves in that one. You know everything that's coming. Season three three three, they get a little less corny season two. Season two three, Yeah, yeah, it's so corny. I feel like that's for people who like couldn't quite hang with the agency and like it's too much. Then they watched night Yeah, nic Elementary.
Speaker 6: Is loving it like he wants that's perfect up a night.
Speaker 4: It's like a kid's that's perfect. It is a kid's Cia Cia white House type show. Yeah yeah, okay, there you go.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan. Number two.
Speaker 2: Sometimes we will go through some voicemails from our listeners, and in this segment a lot of things kind of happened. We got some updates on Amy's piano recital and Eddie's Christmas bracelet that he got from Scuba Steve. It was that thousand dollars diamond bracelet situation.
Speaker 3: Well did he keep it? Did he not?
Speaker 2: So he got updates on both of those, and Amy shares if she has a boyfriend.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 3: Big news.
Speaker 4: Number five a voicemail from Jillian.
Speaker 13: She's doing a follow up.
Speaker 8: On Amy's piano recital.
Speaker 2: It actually started because Abby was wanting to learn how to play the guitar.
Speaker 13: Amy was saying that she used to play the piano.
Speaker 2: Her deadline was in January to do her piano recital along with Abby.
Speaker 13: So any update would be really fun to listen to.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much for reminding us for Amy loves the commitment. Amy, Yeah, piano overside, So I have lessons been going I.
Speaker 6: Totally forgot about that, but I'm thankful for the reminder because I still want to do it. I still want to take piano, so.
Speaker 4: Okay, so well that'll never happen. But Jilliot, that's not true.
Speaker 5: What's first a three point shot or the well.
Speaker 4: We can make it to a three point shot. It g's easy. But she said she was going to take piano lessons and come to a recital because Abby did guitar.
Speaker 6: Guys, I did shoot three pointers the other day and I may I shot probably ten and I made one ten shots, only made one. So what's the math on that?
Speaker 4: Like that's like the easiest math ever.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, no, I don't.
Speaker 4: I mean in regards I can't figure it out.
Speaker 6: No, I know that part I'm saying in regards to the challenge, because.
Speaker 4: I don't really remember the challenge yet, but we will go back to it. I just wanted everybody to be reminded that Amy promised you would learned piano over the year and did not. Next up, Ray give me Tammy and Virginia good.
Speaker 6: Morning, studios.
Speaker 13: Don't want to put him on the spot.
Speaker 12: But I was just curious, did Eddie keep the diamond bracelet?
Speaker 6: That he got for Christmas?
Speaker 13: Or did he return it and get something else?
Speaker 4: Let's go. I love our listeners. Yeah, why because they will come and remember things. Eddie, we did this game you got drawn. Eddie was given a diamond bracelet by Scuba Steve Perry gift cards. Eddie, what's up at the diamond bracelet?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 8: You know you believe something that you can return diamonds back to the store.
Speaker 5: I just gave it a shot and they took him back.
Speaker 4: So yeah, did you even give it to your wife?
Speaker 8: I mean she's like, you know what I mean, I don't really wear that kind of stuff, So.
Speaker 5: Like, let's just take it back.
Speaker 4: So you return your Christmas gift?
Speaker 5: And we got gift cards?
Speaker 4: Yeah? How much of the gift cards?
Speaker 8: I mean, dude, like eight hundred dollars eight hundred dollars gift cards.
Speaker 5: So we've bought all sorts of stuff. I got a blender? What else? Did I get? An ice cream maker?
Speaker 4: Scuba Steve, how do you feel about Eddie returning your gift?
Speaker 5: I mean he can do every wants with it.
Speaker 14: I just a little disappointed you didn't give it to your wife, because yes, she's saying she's want diamond bracelets. It's just because she's not used to it, because you don't give it to her, so you might as well do so she has an opportunity to have something nice for herself and you take it away and get stupid gift cards.
Speaker 4: That's just my opinions that she did.
Speaker 8: She see it, She saw them, and I did try to do the whole Christmas thing like, hey, look, I got you diamonds. She's like, I will never wear that, so not her style.
Speaker 4: Got it.
Speaker 5: Not her style to wear diamonds.
Speaker 4: So it was on her, not you. Yeah, man, give me Stacy from Maryland.
Speaker 13: I heard Amy mentioned on her podcast that she has a boyfriend, and we haven't gotten an update on the Bobby Bones show, so I was wondering if she wanted to tell us more about the boyfriend.
Speaker 6: Love the show, love you that.
Speaker 4: I think Amy breaking news on our Podcastow, all right, go ahead me Bobby, I didn't make that voicemail up.
Speaker 6: You made it up, but you know what's going to be played.
Speaker 4: Trust me. I had a hundred of those and even Eddie hit me up a couple of days ago, going, hey, Amy said on a podcast had a boyfriend.
Speaker 6: How does Eddie know you're you're listening to my podcast.
Speaker 5: Know somebody messaged me, okay.
Speaker 6: Said on my podcasts that I've been dating and I just talk more, especially when we're talking to like my friend Cat, and it's it's like a safe space where I don't have.
Speaker 4: What we're doing here, it's a safe just address addressed the question safe the question.
Speaker 6: Okay, well how do you? I just felt like it would be more of like this is a very special place to announce it, Like.
Speaker 4: If you've already announced.
Speaker 6: That, I haven't really announced it, I mean on my podcast. Is very different than the listeners of this, I mean the audience. If you want to talk about the numbers, it's very different.
Speaker 4: If you've said it, you've said it.
Speaker 6: But if I've what, I haven't said it on social media.
Speaker 5: That's true.
Speaker 8: People and like have articles where they say I heard this on a podcast, so now it's out, it's out.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's very different, Bobby this.
Speaker 4: Why are we taking the blame.
Speaker 6: I'm not taking the blame. There's podcast. It just feels like, sorry.
Speaker 4: Play that voice mell again.
Speaker 2: Place.
Speaker 13: That's like I heard Amy mentioned on her podcast that she has a boyfriend and we haven't gotten an update on the Bobby Bones Show. So I was wondering if she wanted to tell us more about the boyfriend. Love the show, love you guys, thinks.
Speaker 6: Okay, so what do y'all What do y'all want to know?
Speaker 4: Okay, got the Bobby?
Speaker 6: What do you what should we do?
Speaker 3: What do we do?
Speaker 4: Whatever you've said on your podcast, I.
Speaker 6: Haven't said much of my podcast at all, Like I haven't sell details.
Speaker 4: This is not I'm gonna have to unleash launch box. This is what goes down.
Speaker 10: Amy, Are you guys doing it?
Speaker 6: Are we what I think? I think we should carve out? Special time?
Speaker 4: Goddy, it's the best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 1: Number two.
Speaker 2: What started as talking about some of the funniest street names in our country turned into all of us sharing our stripper names a k a. The name of your first pet, plus the name of the first street that you lived on, and it turned into a whole thing. So get a little laugh out of these funny street names, and then a laugh out of maybe your new favorite band name of all of our street names, and maybe you'll come up with yours and it'll be even better than ours.
Speaker 4: Number four. This is the list of the funniest street names in the United States. Number one Bucket of Blood.
Speaker 6: Like you have to give your address to someone you're like, I live it. Two to two Bucket of Blood.
Speaker 4: I think whomever created Bucket of Blood Street needs to be investigated, because usually if it's a small street, you can name it whatever you want. Next up, Far from Pooping Road. That one's in Arkansas. It's one word. Far from pooping is one word far from pooping road. Slaughter Neck Road in Delaware.
Speaker 5: Investigation.
Speaker 4: That one hurts a little bit like that one makes me do my neck a little bit. Billy Goat strut Alley and Nanny Goat strut Alley two roads running out beside each other. In Kentucky. Liquid Laughter Lane. That feels like a stomach issue.
Speaker 5: Liquid laughter. That'd be like alcohol.
Speaker 4: Oh, I would think it would be what happens if you're laughing so hard. That's from that's in Maryland. Psycho Path.
Speaker 5: Oh that's clever.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but I don't want to live there.
Speaker 4: Where do you live on psychopath?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 4: You would think somebody was kidding.
Speaker 6: It'd be like two words or one and his path.
Speaker 4: Like a street street lane.
Speaker 6: I'm sure there are, but it's not like an official I don't think it's like avenue.
Speaker 4: If you're it has to be because Bucket of Blood street far from pooping road, I would think if it fits your psycho path, Okay, well you see if path is officially recognized, it is officially recognized. Yeah, the funniest is far from pooping. The weirdest is Bucket of Blood.
Speaker 8: The clever, the most clever though. Its that's pretty good.
Speaker 4: Path is good. Do you ever do that thing when you were kids? Like what's your stripper name?
Speaker 6: Yeah, where you do your street name and your dog or something?
Speaker 4: First pet and street name? What would yours have been?
Speaker 6: Mine would have been Tricksie Pinehurst.
Speaker 4: That's a legitimate stripper name. Really, that's it, Like you've been to a strip club. But if she was on the sign, I might have to go buy and see what's up? Pretty good lunchbox, Nikky Silver Creek.
Speaker 6: That's not either.
Speaker 4: The street you first lived on? Now that but so is Nicky.
Speaker 10: Mickey is my dog.
Speaker 4: That's the last name. It says street you lived don plus name of your first pet. Did you do? How did you know?
Speaker 6: I did?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 6: I did dog in the street. Yes, I feel like Pinehurst Trixie.
Speaker 5: I think the dog needs to be first.
Speaker 6: The dog.
Speaker 4: I don't make the rules what it says in front of me. Okay, I'm reading with the page.
Speaker 6: I go Dog, then Street.
Speaker 4: Okay, so what is your lunchbox?
Speaker 10: Nicky Silver Crew Okay.
Speaker 8: Eddie Dolly second, So maybe i'd be Dolly the second because it was second Street.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would not stop at your show.
Speaker 5: It's not good.
Speaker 4: Mine would be rod Hardingston your first. I made the whole thing. Mine sucks, But how funny would that be if that was really it? No, mine would be Bradley mountain View. Although mountain view mountain, that's what be used as, like you want to see the mountain.
Speaker 6: And Bradley is a cute girl's name.
Speaker 4: Bradley's a guy's name.
Speaker 6: Yeah, no, no no. On the Morgan show, I'm a guy. Don't want a girl's name character named Bradley.
Speaker 4: But why would I want to get girl's name?
Speaker 6: Oh? I thought that you were Okay, Okay, I just yeah. Is Nikky Silver Creek No?
Speaker 4: No, no, no, not, he's a different Demoi.
Speaker 1: Nikky Silver Creek.
Speaker 4: Nicky can be a guy. Yeah, Nikki six good one, Nikki.
Speaker 6: I thought we were all just being little nikky female strippers.
Speaker 4: Why would we be female strippers?
Speaker 6: Because every time I played this game, I was picturing like stripper, like as a kid.
Speaker 4: I just because you put you were playing, yeah we want to strip to Okay.
Speaker 5: Dolly like what you're out?
Speaker 4: You're done the club. You're not even out on stage? Morgan, Yeah, I'm with Eddie.
Speaker 3: Mine was Reba Nantucket.
Speaker 6: I mean it.
Speaker 4: Feels like a hillbilly that knows how to get down. Yes, Riva Nantucket, you know what she knows how to do?
Speaker 5: What come on mayby?
Speaker 4: What do you think? Maybe that right? She also thought we wanted to be female strippers?
Speaker 5: Okay, uh, Riva Nantucket, that's good.
Speaker 6: What can she do?
Speaker 4: What do you think she can do? What's the rhyme?
Speaker 10: There?
Speaker 4: Once was a man from Nantucket.
Speaker 6: Okay, okay, okay, I get it now, And I know we were rhyming. I thought she could she had a certain skill.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, even in the we can we can bleep it? Do you know how the next line goes out? Either once was a man from Nantucky. That's lunch with the blank so long he could blanket a different one.
Speaker 5: That's the initial rhyme, Morgan said, she heard a different one.
Speaker 3: I thought it had something to do with the bucket.
Speaker 4: But how would that be bad?
Speaker 3: No, I'm just saying that's the one that I've heard. I've never heard this one you're talking about.
Speaker 6: I was totally different.
Speaker 4: Than a tucket with a blank.
Speaker 6: So, okay, I get it now, Marilyn Manson.
Speaker 5: Oh, yeah, he took a rib out.
Speaker 4: But that wouldn't be so long, that would be so small. Take a rib, yeah, he said with a grin, and then he I'm just reading the whole thing.
Speaker 6: But don't act like this is a universally not.
Speaker 4: If my ear were, I would it what good come from? I figured that rhyme was folklore of bad rhymes. I was on the other word that's in there too. I just said that one, and I'm just yeah, Andrew, I think he I don't know, Okay, I can't. We learned that second grade amount pine. That's what we learned his nursery rhymes. Okay, anyway, these streets are all right.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 3: Number two, we did to spend the wheel this week.
Speaker 2: Amy had brought to this show this book called Fourth Wing, which she heard was a lot like Hunger Games, which she once upon a time loved so much so she wanted somebody on the show to read it and report back.
Speaker 3: Well, the wheel.
Speaker 2: Got spun, and let's just say it has a funny outcome, given how the book got brought to the show in the first place.
Speaker 4: Number three, I'm going to spend this will and the loser has to read this five hundred page book called Fourth Wing. Not that it's a bad book, but Amy was pitching it like, it's Hunger Games, which I read and loved. But she was like, but they make a love to dragons.
Speaker 6: I don't know if that's exactly what's happening, but it's a romanticy I don't like that fantasy.
Speaker 4: So it's five hundred pages. Loser has to read it. You have a month to read it.
Speaker 5: I've never read five hundred pages of it.
Speaker 4: In a month, but that's not a reason for you never to read five hund pages of something.
Speaker 5: I'm dyslexic.
Speaker 6: Man read it backward, okay, Eddie, so am I okay?
Speaker 4: So what I'll do is I'll spend Oh God, by the way, let me read you the idea of the book here. Fourth Wing is a high fantasy novel I, Rebecca Yarro's about a young woman named Violet who is forced to attend a war college to become a dragon writer. Oh my gosh, I don't mind this part.
Speaker 15: This part still be so stupid.
Speaker 4: I'm still in all like Game of Thrones, I'm still in. Violet is smaller and more fragile than the other cadets, and dragons are unlikely to bond with her. She must undergo intense training and trials to survive and become one of the strongest cadets. Where's the love part? Because I hear there's lots of love making, and that's the part I don't like.
Speaker 6: We don't know yet. We're gonna have to read the find out.
Speaker 10: Okay, so oh man.
Speaker 4: We can go one of two ways. We can spend it once and just a loser does it, or we can spend it and we eliminate the person.
Speaker 10: I don't know what I want.
Speaker 5: I don't know either.
Speaker 15: I don't know what I want.
Speaker 4: It depends where it lands on the will myke d Morgan, Lunchbox, Eddie, Amy, Me, Abby, Scuba, Steve.
Speaker 10: Is there anybody you want that to read it?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Eddie? Why you grow? I want you to grow as a person. You're like, I've never read more than ten pages. Well, buddy, I think it's time buck up.
Speaker 5: It'd be better for me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yes, let's do the last. So you want to mark somebody off. Everybody, go to that. I'll spin and if it lands on them, we'll change their name out to spin again. Okay, and then we'll play a song and do it again right after.
Speaker 16: Okay, Okay, here we go test spin No, No, all right, five hundred pages a romanticy who has to read it?
Speaker 4: Remember, if it lands on you, you're in the free. Come on, let's spin no Scooba of course, gosh, thank god, because I haven't read your other book you gave me at the Four Agreements. That's eight pages.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 4: So it's a good thing I'm not reading that book. Okay, so we'll mark scoob off. You want to spend one more though, now before go.
Speaker 10: And get me off out of there.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 6: What you need to be thinking of, Bobby, is what's the punishment if someone doesn't read it? Because these guys they did bail on yourre.
Speaker 4: You don't know that that was a recommended and I did say they weren't.
Speaker 6: This is going to be forced. So if you don't have it complete, then relax.
Speaker 5: We'll read it.
Speaker 4: We'll come up with the punishment.
Speaker 6: It has to do with a dragon, and.
Speaker 4: We're gonna watch you left to a dragon, a Kmodo dragon though one of our choosing. Okay, we're gonna spend one more.
Speaker 10: Come on.
Speaker 4: If it lands on spin again and we will not spin again, we'll play a song and come back. Okay, let's spin.
Speaker 10: Oh my gosh, that's me.
Speaker 5: No, it's not good.
Speaker 4: We're gonna put spin again on that spot. Eddie, Amy, Bobby, Abby, RAYMONDO, Mike D, Lunchbox all still on it. Man. We're only going to do probably two spin two or three spence total. Lands on spin again that counts is one of the spins.
Speaker 10: Okay, okay, can you take it off my name?
Speaker 4: Here we go. Let's spin.
Speaker 13: On.
Speaker 5: Mike D. What is happening?
Speaker 4: Mike D is now in the clear.
Speaker 10: We are the world hates me.
Speaker 4: Mike D is off on the wheel now, Ray Abby, Me, Amy, Eddie and Lunchbox.
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh, you should have done it the other one.
Speaker 6: You know we'd be done and Scooba be reading it.
Speaker 11: Let's spin that, come on, Nope, too much, Raymond, You're out all the b lists.
Speaker 4: Okay, Oh he's the wrong market.
Speaker 5: Hey, what do I know?
Speaker 4: The wheels up next to me.
Speaker 5: We'll forever have a spin again.
Speaker 4: I've totally permanent market one of the spin spots. Okay.
Speaker 5: I'm sure alcohol or something will get it off.
Speaker 4: Okay, So here's what we're gonna do. We're gonna come back. We're going to fix the wheel though, and remove the spin agains and put us all on the old places for later. Oh, get rid of me except that one that's always we spin for the history of the world. Okay. So Abby, me, Amy, Eddie and Lunchbox still on the board. So we're gonna have to read this book. Okay, back nobody wants to lose because loser rest to read this five hundred page book called Fourth Wing. And what's the premise?
Speaker 6: Okay, So there's like a dragon writing war amongst college kids, and they're all just trying to survive like hunger games, you know, fight to your death. But it's also a romanticy, which is romance and fantasy put together. And there again are dragons involved. I don't know exactly what that means, but I've heard from multiple friends that their husbands feel awkward if they're listening to it on audible.
Speaker 4: Okay, so on the wheel here, Eddie, Amy, Me, Abby, Lunchbox. That's all that's remaining. I will spin the wheel. If it lands on your name, you're off the wheel. Oh yeah, all right, I forgot Okay, so we want to land you want it to land on you. And by the way, you will have a big, five hundred page book and will be monitoring how you're reading it with scenes.
Speaker 10: Yes.
Speaker 4: Are you guys ready? Yes, let's land on?
Speaker 5: Yes, Yes, I'm clear. Okay, Thank goodness. Can't read because I really can't. I'm dyslexic, so this would have taken me forever. Man, even though you said like, oh, it could be challenging and you can overcome your challenges. Bones, I'm glad I'm out of there.
Speaker 4: Oh no, the world really does not like Okay, I'm gonna play song and then we'll spind it. Oh my gosh, Lunchbox, Abby, Me and Amy four left? I mean, what are the four? Let's spin the wheel again. Remember Landson has to read this five hundred page romantic fantasy book. It's just me, Amy, Lunchbox and Abby on the wheel. Ready, let's spend.
Speaker 15: Come on, man, come on, come on. They got so close. Oh my gosh, I am.
Speaker 7: Whoa.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it feels so good to get Oh.
Speaker 15: My gosh, fourth wing. Bye bye.
Speaker 4: Okay, so it'll we can remove the wheel for now. Take Lunchbox's name off. It's just me Abby and Amy. Oh my god, I thought that was gonna.
Speaker 6: It says the main character is navigating a forbidden romance.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I'm more of a rule follower thing for me. I do want to read this. According to NASA Center for Near Earth Object Studies, a large asteroid could pass close enough to Earth within the next decade to pose a potential threat. This is the first time that they've said this. The asteroid, named twenty twenty four y are four, measures between one hundred and thirty and three hundred thirty feet in diameter and could impact Earth in twenty thirty two. Despite its proximity. NASA officials emphasize that the likelihood of direct impact like they give us an actual percentage here of it hitting Earth and Earth exploding one point three percent. You know what's a little too much for me.
Speaker 5: That's too much.
Speaker 4: That's a little too much.
Speaker 8: For me, Oh my goodness, Hey what and like what's that size? Like what's it comparable to like a truck or something like?
Speaker 4: I can read you more. It almost doesn't matter. It will because it's so fast, it will hit and then the effects of it, likes that goes into the sky. It then covers the Sun. It's like almost like a nuclear situation.
Speaker 6: It's disruptive.
Speaker 4: It kills half the Earth. Wow, So one point three percent chance twenty thirty two. Space experts further note that asteroid twenty twenty four y or four has an interesting orbit, which makes tracking its path challenging. While twenty twenty four why are Force orbit raises some concerns due to its unpredictability, NASA remains vigilant, prioritizing further studies and readiness measures. As of now, they assure the public. While the asteroids path warrants attention, the chances have impact are low. One point three percent. We got to get Bruce Willis on the phone.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And we got to get Stephen Tyler right get ready.
Speaker 5: To sing and live?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Ben Affleck, we gotta get him in. We got to get Steve BUSHEMI is he in that one?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 5: He's in that.
Speaker 4: Okay, we don't want to spoil that.
Speaker 5: But and we have ten years, thirty decade, we have no less.
Speaker 6: Less than somewhere in the decade more time.
Speaker 4: What you don't want to watch is that number go from one point three to two to four to nine. But right now one point three percent. Nothing to see year. Move along, everybody, finish it off. Here. There are three names, Amy, Abby, and myself. One of us has to read this five hundred page romantic fantasy book called the Fourth Wheel. What's it called?
Speaker 6: Fourth Wing?
Speaker 4: For the wheel, Let's let's just spin it. Whomever it lands on is you guys, want to eliminador? Just have a winner, you guys. Whatever, let's spin it and whoever it is is wiped off the wheel. Okay, all right, let's say that and it is me Wow wow wow wow wow wow. You can pull it.
Speaker 5: Okay, we'll do that thing out of there.
Speaker 4: We'll do the final spin after the news because we'll do Okay, that's good.
Speaker 5: We're down to two.
Speaker 4: It's Amy or Abby. Oh my goodness, take I mean it's a load off my back. Take that off. Okay, we do have to spin the wheel for the book.
Speaker 5: It's a.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna say this, it's a little anti climatic because it's Amy and Abby to read this five hundred page dinosaur love making book.
Speaker 5: Yeah, dragon, dragon whatever.
Speaker 4: If it had been a dude, it had been way funnier. But still, Abby, do you read?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm.
Speaker 3: I'm so slow.
Speaker 6: It would take me like a year.
Speaker 5: To Amy and Abby are here.
Speaker 4: We're going to spend it. Whoever it lands on is the loser. If it lands on you, you are the loser. Ready are you ready?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 5: Right now? Okay, let's go, let's spend. Come on, Abby, you know what?
Speaker 6: Okay? And the irony here is. I brought this book to y'all. I mean, I didn't come up with this competition, but I just said, hey, have y'all heard about this, because apparently it's all the rage.
Speaker 4: Would you read it? Eddie? For five hundred dollars?
Speaker 8: Whoa, whoa, whoa?
Speaker 4: Let me ask it. I didn't offer that. I didn't off money.
Speaker 13: Dollar.
Speaker 10: Why are you hesitating?
Speaker 5: That's a dollar A page?
Speaker 6: Just said that.
Speaker 4: That's literally what she decided. Listens, Okay, I didn't hear that her accident.
Speaker 5: Creed understands it.
Speaker 6: So are you your protects.
Speaker 4: Yeah, true, true, Okay, just think about it. We'll we'll talk in the post show about it after we get off here. After we get off the air, we continue to do the show. So we get off the air and another hour so we continue to do this show. You hear a whole podcast version. We'll talk about that too. Okay, Amy's the loser, but we'll see what's up.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan. Number two.
Speaker 3: Laney Wilson's out by the studio.
Speaker 2: She has so much going for her right now, and she's been doing some really big things, including performing at the Dallas Cowboys game you might have remembered in the fall, so she kind of talked about something behind the scenes with that. Also new stuff that's happening this year for twenty twenty five. Just all around, all the updates from Laney Wilson. And it's always super fun when she comes in because she's just a great person. So here it is Laney Wilson in studio.
Speaker 4: Number two on the Bobby Bones Show.
Speaker 7: Now, Lanie Wilson planning good to see you, Good to see you.
Speaker 4: Your song that's about to a number one is really hard for me to say.
Speaker 7: It's hard for me to say. It's a lot easier to sing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because now I got it by four by you? Yeah, you have to do it like that four by four by you?
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, when you guys were titling it, Yeah, did you go through a couple of different variations.
Speaker 7: No, that's the one they came in with, and then it's four XU.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, I like it. It stands out. I just I for some reason, I have trouble with that.
Speaker 7: Well sometimes, like if I'm talking about it in my set of the show. Instead of saying, and then let's play four by four by you, I just said let's do four by.
Speaker 4: I would say four by four and then I would get a note going you didn't say it right it? Yeah? Yeah, no, four by congratulations again?
Speaker 7: Thank you?
Speaker 4: I mean, are you tired or are you rested?
Speaker 7: I'm rested right now. I got like a three week break, which is the longest break I've had in a really long time.
Speaker 4: Does that break allow you to be bored and then be creative again?
Speaker 7: Yes, I feel more creative than I have in a very long time. It's funny you say be bored, because I kept saying I need to get bored. I gotta get bored, so whatever that looks like, I need to watch paint dry. But I feel more creative than ever, and I'm realizing that, like you got to give yourself that space to be bored to get creative.
Speaker 4: I had to get in that space too. I didn't realize it because I would just run and do seventy two things and think that I was really accomplishing something. What I was doing is just tasking, that's it. But then I would be so far behind on creating things to where even like last year, I was like, I've got to be bored. And it sounds like a lame thing to.
Speaker 7: Say, I know, but but it's so true.
Speaker 4: There are two places, being bored or in the shower for me. For some reason, I'm like able to think clearly in this, maybe because there are no other options.
Speaker 7: I know, and a place for me now is well I come up with like song ideas in the shower, but also just got me a red light song that things changed my life and I leave my phone out of it. I get in there and I just like sit with me and my own thoughts, which is of a scary thing at times, but it's a good place, just to shut it down, like really shut it down an admission.
Speaker 4: We have a red light sagna as well, but I keep my phone in there until that little message goes your phone's too hot, throw it out, I swear. I know it is terrible of me.
Speaker 7: That is hilarious.
Speaker 4: Do you know when you leave it on the sign, it'll go phones too. I will keep it until it says that, and then I'll and then and then I'll lay it outside. Yeah, I just I just felt self shame when she told her story of like having.
Speaker 7: Taken it in there before. Yeah, that's hilarious.
Speaker 4: I have some and I usually don't do this, but I feel like some of these are so interesting. I have some talking points, and I always get talking points from your people, and sometimes we hit on sometimes we don't. But some of them are so interesting, because again, you've done so much. I would like to just hit a point and you tell me a story about each of them. Number one, you co hosted the CMAS with Peyton Manning and Luke Bryan. What's your favorite story from that?
Speaker 7: Oh my gosh. Well, first of all, Luke is like right before He'll be like, I let's switch up. Let's do this and I was about to have a heart attack. He's the kind of doe that can do anything on the flight like that. Not me. I'm like, I'm reading this prompter and I'm doing a good job to read the prompter. You know. There were a few times when I was like squinting my eyes because I had terrible vision. And so that next week I went and got lasick. I said, if I will be reading teleprompters and we can't be doing all.
Speaker 4: This, So you got lasick because I mean probably do you wear glasses at all?
Speaker 7: Yeah, So I got glasses when I was in fourth grade. Terrible, terrible vision. But it was after the CMA's where I was like, I need to do something about this. Did it help one hundred?
Speaker 4: That's what Eddie said too.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, it was amazing.
Speaker 4: My I have one eye that doesn't work. My righte eye doesn't work. It gets like eight percent vision. But that's it's a brain thing. I would love to go get lasick because we have people that we know that do LASIK and it's a game changer. And you're saying from experience, it's it's totally changed everything.
Speaker 7: It's totally changed everything. And I wasn't the best about taking my contacts out, know how it is on the road. You're just like doing good and get in the bed and it's changed everything. I can see the big e now, the big e, the big e, you know when you're doing your exam.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was wondering too, like this sometimes got it? What's Peyton Manning like to work with?
Speaker 7: He's awesome, He is very chill. Him and my boyfriend their buddies and have gone hunting together and have so much to talk about. So it's like he wants to talk about duck with.
Speaker 4: Me, Duck your boyfriend? Yes, yes, yes, the halftime show of the Cowboys game Thanksgiving. That's pretty cool.
Speaker 7: Thirty eight million households tuning in, and I'm glad they didn't tell me that until it was over.
Speaker 4: What do we not know about that? Meaning? What can you hear? How is it different than the normal show?
Speaker 7: So my vocal, my vocal was live, but the band that was all tracks because it's too it's too much to like get out there and make sure the instruments are all tuned it when it's so like quick turnover like that. So the only thing that was live was my vocal. So my band had it easy that night?
Speaker 4: Do they did they fake play?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 7: They have to mind that.
Speaker 6: Yep.
Speaker 4: That's funny because I know I'd get caught not doing it. I'd get something on. I know, what about the drums? Are they they hitting the drums?
Speaker 7: They're still playing it. They're still doing all of the things.
Speaker 6: So it's just not plugged in.
Speaker 7: But it's just not like going through the PA because that would have been because you know how it is in a stadium, it's like lots of lots of feedback and delay and delay and talk about technical difficulties. I mean we were running into them like seconds leading into the performance. I could not hear myself in my ears at all, and I thought, well, lord, here we.
Speaker 4: Go, and your hometown. How's basking doing?
Speaker 7: Basking's good. They just named the highway after me, the entire highway, a little part of the highway, the same highway that I got a ticket on when I was fifteen. So that's funny.
Speaker 4: That's pretty cool. Have you seen the sign yourself?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I did take a picture by it. Oh yeah, that's pretty cool.
Speaker 7: It is pretty cool.
Speaker 4: Now you can't like commit a crime. There's like a pressure, like my hometown put up a sign on me. I was like, well I can't. I know now I have to. I mean too, like I was learning and to rob a bank the next day and doing it.
Speaker 7: Well, yeah, that'll hold you accountable. Just get a highway and that will hold you accountable.
Speaker 4: What's happening this year? Like, what are you excited about in twenty twenty five?
Speaker 7: Uh, we're about to go across the pond. I'm excited to play Paris. I didn't even know there were country music fans in Paris, but there are?
Speaker 4: Do you worry about? And have? Because you can get tickets? You know, we are shows on internationally in some places. So if you're listening to this and you want to go watch Landy and Zurich or Berlin or London, London, I feel like a lot of country music fans for sure. Yeah, but Paris. You're right, And I see the Paris show in March yep. Do you look at like ticket sales for them to go? Is anybody even gonna buy a ticket in Paris?
Speaker 7: Well, we were worried because the truth is lots so country artists don't go to Paris. I think a handful of them have. I think Luke Holmes did once, and I was like, well, let's just see, let's just have a very very small venue. It'll just be you know, acoustic or whatever we need to do, just to like showface and go seek, like test the waters. And then we sold out in just a few minutes. So then we just we kept like getting bigger venues.
Speaker 4: That's cool.
Speaker 6: Love that.
Speaker 4: Have you played anywhere where they don't know English yet or English isn't their first language?
Speaker 7: Yes, Germany?
Speaker 4: How does that go? Do they sing it? Does it sound weird when they sing it back?
Speaker 7: If you're watching their mouths when you're trying to remember your own lyrics, it can get pretty risky, so you have to look at their forehead.
Speaker 4: I feel like they would be extremely grateful for American acts to come overseas, not because they're just dying for American acts, but anybody that they like, if they do travel all that way. I feel like that would be a very grateful crowd.
Speaker 7: They are very grateful. That's the best word to use for for all of the country music fans across the pond, because you can just tell they love storytelling, and you can tell that storytelling is not oversaturated over there, and so They're just like on the edge of their seat. They just want to hear it. They want to lean in and listen. So it's important for me to remember that I had more fans over there than I did here back in like twenty eighteen, twenty nineteen.
Speaker 4: You're like the boy bands of the nineties. They were massive over in Europe and they came over in American people are.
Speaker 7: Like, oh, well, I wasn't massive.
Speaker 4: I just had you were in sync. You were in sync of the nineties at I was.
Speaker 7: That was me.
Speaker 4: I want to do deep questions with Lanny Wilson. I've got three very deep questions. Okay, think about these here. If your next five years were a chapter in a book, what do you think that chapter would be about?
Speaker 7: Balance? Actually, Keith Urban said something to me, I guess about a year ago. I was just like, how do you how do you keep that balance, like with your work with family, with making sure that you're taking care of your business but also taking care of your relationships and friendships and all that. And he told me, he said, it's better to maintain balance than try to always achieve it. And I was like, to me, that means being able to to have just as much time with my people and the people that I love as just as much time as I'm working and putting, you know, not putting my eggs all in one basket.
Speaker 4: Question number two, what is a lesson that you learned the hard way?
Speaker 15: Oh?
Speaker 7: Lord, don't go seventy five and a forty five?
Speaker 4: Now, are you being literal? No?
Speaker 7: Okay, I mean, well, yes, I've definitely gone seventy five and forty five. But yeah, I think like slowing down, like taking a break, looking up, enjoying it, because those moments can like pass you by, and everybody says that, you know, they're like, make sure you're taking time to be present, and I just I think I just heard that and heard it over and over again, but didn't quite understand it until maybe I did let some moments pass me by too quick.
Speaker 4: I think the understanding of it comes once you've had the experience of not doing it right. Yes, otherwise it's just fruit free words. Yeah, because there have been times two where I've just gone again ten thousand miles an hour and I regret not slowing down, But I don't think I would have slowed down later and appreciated it later. Yes, had I not done it wrong initially, that's right.
Speaker 7: And two, I felt like when I was going seventy five and a forty five, at times it was important, you know, squeaky wheel gets the grease, and I felt like I needed to keep the pedal down to just keep going. And had I not, I mean, things might not look like they do right now, so I wouldn't like go back and really change it all. But I'm just learning. I'm just I'm growing.
Speaker 4: Do you get nervous about any project coming out? Let's say not music, and I can give you a quick version of this. I have a comedy special coming out soon on a network and it's super cool. But I'm like, it's like that new Oh god, this is gonna suck or it's gonna be awesome. Either way, it makes me nervous. But I've just been through it so many times that and it's been fine either way if it bombs or it's awesome. Yeah that I'm like, regardless, I'm gonna wake up the next day like, yes, I've bombed so many things. Even if it goes terrible, like, I'm good, That's right. Do you deal with that where you're like, I'm a little nervous about this, but now you have the experience to know either way, sun comes up tomorrow.
Speaker 7: Yes, I will say even with this record that we put out in August, Whirlwind, I definitely had that feeling of like, oh shoot, like I hope people think that this is like a step up, you know, we got to level up. But I also knew that it was still the best thing I had ever done, and I was more proud of it than anything that I'd ever done. So I was like, well, if I can go to sleep at night, lay my head down and really believe that, then then I did my job.
Speaker 4: Can you hold on to that as the project gets closer to coming out. No, I know. I was just talking about that yesterday.
Speaker 5: The same thing.
Speaker 4: Dude. I know.
Speaker 6: It's like.
Speaker 7: Somebody was telling me I can't. I can't even remember who it was. It was another artist. They were like, it's like you're about to send your kid off to school for the first time, and you know, you're you are so excited to like get these kids out of the house, like send them to school, put their butt in school, and then all of a sudden, like the days are or they're getting here, they're getting here, and you're scared, and you're nervous, and you're sad, and you have a lot of feelings that come along with it. I'm sure you do.
Speaker 4: Final question, deep questions with Lanny, what would you do if you were not afraid? You haven't done? What would you do if you were not afraid? Straight up?
Speaker 7: I mean skydive?
Speaker 6: But would you be allowed to do that right now at this point in your career? Or like with your people, be like can we hold.
Speaker 2: Off on that?
Speaker 6: Are looking up?
Speaker 7: You know what? I think I'm gonna go book me an appointment to do. Let's see what they say.
Speaker 4: I went skyt Divan because I was so afraid of it, went by myself, really, Yeah, because I was just terrified of it, and I was like, I gotta go do it. I hated it. I would again. I didn't tell anybody.
Speaker 7: I was like, you would do it again?
Speaker 4: Oh god, No. I hated it. But I did it. But I only did it because I was so afraid to do it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And I normally do things that I'm afraid of too, So I keep talking about being afraid of Scott Ivan, which probably means that I am going to do it at some point in time. But I don't. I'm not like itching to do it.
Speaker 4: I don't know. Have you been auditioning for stuff? I have people called I don't know what you're Are you at all trying to do more?
Speaker 7: I am definitely like open to the opportunities. I really loved it, so I'm excited to see what we do next with it. Maybe it's a character that's not a musician.
Speaker 4: What if you do like cartoon voiceover?
Speaker 7: Like well I did. I have done a couple things like that. I would love to do that, Like if you need a redneck cartoon, I got you.
Speaker 4: You know that seems fun and you have such a distinct voice. What was funny to me was, and this has been a couple of years when people when you started to really pop, when people started questioning if your accent was real. I would just laugh.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And that had to be weird for you too, where you're like, I've talked like this my whole life, and now people like you can literally go on your Instagram go back in time and see you talking like you talk and where you're from. That's odd.
Speaker 7: Huh oh my gosh. Well, honestly, that bothered me more than anything else. They would say, you tell me. I'm ugly and I can't sing, but don't talk about the way I talk. That's something you can't change.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was weird for the mix. She's an industry plant. She doesn't even talk like that. Like you guys are just looking for people to get likes on social media.
Speaker 7: That's it.
Speaker 4: Congratulations again four by four by you about to be number one again.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 4: It's really great to see you. If I give you just a few song titles, can you give me a quick story about them, because' gon do a whole bunch of songs. Just do okay, give me a about Heart like a truck, Heart Like a truck. My goodness.
Speaker 7: Well, I brought a little girl up on stage in Raleigh, North Carolina. She was the cutest thing you can. You can see the video on my Instagram. Her name is Savannah and she jumps up on stage and uh, we had already sang Heart like a Truck. And she jumps up there and she's like, Laney Wilson, you're my best friend. She talked just like me. I was like, what in the world And she was like, you're my best friend. And my daddy said, if I could get up on stage. Uh, he's gonna buy me a horse trailer. My favorite song is heart like a Truck, And so she starts singing, y'all you gotta go watch it. It is the cutest thing ever.
Speaker 4: I think it's pinned of all the memories with that song, that that's awesome, that that still comes to your mind, like an interaction with a fan at a concert. Yes, and you even know she was gonna get a horse trailer.
Speaker 6: Well, I won't follow through on that, like hopefully the.
Speaker 4: Dad that she got a horse trailer.
Speaker 7: So I facedime, okay, the uh probably about two months ago, and I need to catch up with her now. But they were looking at horse trailers and they were figuring it out. She facetimeed me in and showed me her whole farm and she was introduced me to her cats. It was the cutest thing.
Speaker 4: Let's do one more things a man ought to know?
Speaker 7: Oh my gosh. I was hung over the day that I wrote that. I did not want to go to the co write and I felt terrible, but I knew the song was special. We get ready to cut the record. The record the song was not even on the list, not even on the short list. And I remember where I was on Dickerson Pike heading home and I was going under an overpass and I swear to you, it just hit me like a ton of bricks. I was like, things a man ought to know. We gotta cut it. And so we already had our twelve songs picked out for that record, and I called the label and I said, we got to figure out what to ditch because we got to do things a man ought to know.
Speaker 4: That's cool And then you look at genius later when it then you get hung over more. But I think all the time, I'll have these great ideas.
Speaker 6: Do you remember why you were hungover?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 6: Like alcohol, I've never had something to do with I know it was alcohol, but I didn't know if there was something celebratory the night before that, Like you remember, it was just like random fun.
Speaker 7: There was a time in my life where I was celebrating everything that was probably what was happening.
Speaker 10: Well.
Speaker 4: Always great to see you, congratulations, love when you're around you guys. Follow at Lanny Wilson Music and again she's doing a bunch of shows over in Europe, like a lot of places probably haven't been that. I haven't been that only ever seen on tv YE first time I ever traveled. I was like, I'm only going places I've ever seen on TV because I didn't know of places. And then it was kind of cool because everything's so old over there.
Speaker 7: I love it.
Speaker 4: Okay, buildings are older than our country.
Speaker 7: I know that are weird.
Speaker 4: It's weird.
Speaker 6: It is very weird.
Speaker 4: Congratulations, Landy, love seeing you there. She has, Landy Wilson. Everybody, thank you.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan. Number two.
Speaker 2: As you might have heard, the Bobbie Own Show is going on a cruise, which is a huge deal. But more than that, we just announced the first performer who's also joining us on the cruise, major country artist.
Speaker 3: Get excited. I'm not even just saying.
Speaker 2: Like, you know, amp you up. Get excited for it to kind of be an announcement. No, no, no, this is so exciting. Get ready to pop the confetti. You're gonna freak out.
Speaker 4: Number one, We're going on a cruise. I kept a secret from the whole show. We're doing a show cruise. It's in a year from now, so February of twenty twenty six. And I'd never been on a cruise before. And you guys have talked me into it. I'm getting a little excited, if I'm being honest with you, just because it'll be I was really worried nobody would come. If you want to know the truth, that's it. But listeners are pre reserving their cabins like crazy, which is unbelievable to me. But I do have an announcement and we're gonna do that, and then Lunchbox is gonna ask a funny question about it, which I think funny. Maybe it doesn' think it's funny. So first of all, there's this cruise that we're doing as a show, the seven Day Cruise on Celebrity Reflection. We're going to all these places. We leave from Fort Lauderdale. Now I've been to Fort Lauderdale.
Speaker 5: It's nice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's fine. I under saying. We leave from there. But then we go to Nivs, never been there. We go to Saint KITT's, never been there. We go to Saint Martin, never been there. So that'd be cool. Eddie and I the Raging Idiots will be performing amy Lunchbox. Eddie, they're coming, I assume Morgan's coming. Do you know anything about it? I told nobody anything. Yeah, I get a cabin Boyes dot com. But I do want to make an announcement about the ship, which again the show doesn't know this. Yeah, I told you guys there would be some surprises joining the Top Shelf Country Cruise as the headlining act. Well, I thought it was gonna be the Raging Idiot. It's not. It's a different night. But playing Keith Urban.
Speaker 5: Wow, he's gonna be WHOA, that's amazing.
Speaker 4: I know I can't. So so when like, I don't know any answers, you can ask me whatever I don't know, Okay, go ahead.
Speaker 6: I'm not going to ask anythings since you don't know.
Speaker 4: Okay, but you feel free to ask, and go ahead ask what you're gonna ask.
Speaker 6: Oh, I was gonna say like headlining, like when's the headlining night?
Speaker 4: Or I don't like?
Speaker 5: Good question?
Speaker 4: There you go. I don't know. So it's the final days to get in on the pre sale, go to Bobbybones dot com to reserve your cabin. You can reserve your cabin through Sunday, February ninth, produced by Signature Cruise Experiences, gold standard for charter cruises since two thousand and one. Do you have any other questions.
Speaker 6: About Max, like stay in a cabin and they like Chopper in, Chopper out.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I know we're not there's no chopper for us.
Speaker 5: And Keith is gonna be on our boat. Ye, that's crazy.
Speaker 4: I don't know anything. Lunchbox. Just have a question though, go ahead.
Speaker 10: Yeah. And I don't know why you think it's funny.
Speaker 9: I just want to get verbal confirmation that our kids are allowed to come on the cruise, because when we started talking about it, I was like, oh my goodness, a family vacation.
Speaker 10: I went home. I started talking to my kids about it.
Speaker 9: We got online, started looking at pictures of the boat, and now they see like cruise ships in like TV shows.
Speaker 15: Are like, Dad, that's the boat. It's the boat, And.
Speaker 10: I'm like, well, that's not the exact boat.
Speaker 2: Amy.
Speaker 4: What do I think the answer is?
Speaker 6: I'm going to think it's a no, it's a what do you mean?
Speaker 4: This is a work thing. This is not a this is not a vacation. We're working, but it's kids can buy we're doing this.
Speaker 6: Listen, But I don't know if there's an age thing. Also, Lunchbucks keeps his kids out of everything, and now you're going to bring them onto a boat with listener like you know, you don't even.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if it's listeners bringing kids, I don't know. We're working. This is a work. It's like bringing your kids to this room here.
Speaker 9: So no, but I'm not gonna be working twenty four hours a day. I mean there's gonna be breaks and then that's when I get family time. And it's the perfect time for my kids see the world.
Speaker 4: Yes, if you want to pay for them to come, yes, But does everybody get to bring their families for free?
Speaker 5: No, it's a lot of kids.
Speaker 4: It's a lot of kids. Yes. So the answer is if you want to buy, because you can get in that pre sale bobybones dot com to reserve your cabin through February ninth, you can do that.
Speaker 9: How am I going to go back to my kids and be like, oh, sorry, guys, Actually Bobby said you guys can't come.
Speaker 4: I know Bobby didn't say it. You should have told them you could come to begin with.
Speaker 9: Yeah, they saw that big boat and they were out of their minds like, oh my gosh, I've never seen a boat that big.
Speaker 4: Well, you don't have to take them and take him on a cruise. Take him on this cruise but you can pay for it. But yeah, no, that Everyboddy. You can't bring your kids.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 5: I haven't told him for that reason because they'd want to go.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Wow, all right, this is gonna get awkward at my house.
Speaker 6: My daughter will be eighteen by the then, isn't that weird?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Yeah, but she can't come.
Speaker 4: She can't. She gets a cabin, buy the cabin.
Speaker 6: Well what if she says, in my cabin with me, no.
Speaker 9: I just like you said, Amy, I just said the same thing and you told me no. So don't add like all of a sudden, now your.
Speaker 4: Daughter she's a kidding. She's literally kidding. Amy's daughter is not a kid. She's literally kidding. Yeah. He gets freaking flamed out of his ears as she's.
Speaker 6: She's probably gonna be in school in February.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's called spring break.
Speaker 6: No, spring break is normally in March.
Speaker 4: It's Bobby Bones dot Com. Anyway, Keith Arabin will be headlining and we can't wait. It's a year from now, Bobbybones dot com. Get in and get your get your pre sale s A I l on the cabins.
Speaker 1: Okay, but man, it's the best bits of the week with Morgan number two.
Speaker 2: Okay, was I not wrong? What an announcement. So excited that Keith Urban is joining the Bobby Bone Show cruise, and just really excited for this entire thing in general. So make sure you get in on the pre sale stuff. I think we're getting to the point of no longer pre sale and making all the bookings, So whatever it may be, go to Bobbybones dot com and get in on all that excitement. But thank you guys for being here this weekend. I'm not sure as I'm recording this if there'll be a part one in part three this weekend because I'm currently out with Vertigo and I'm recording this from my home studio trying really carefully to not induce another attack.
Speaker 3: But if there is, check it out.
Speaker 2: It will be with Amy this weekend, also zoomed from my house and some fun stuff will be on there. We'll talk about a lot of things and answer listener questions in.
Speaker 3: Part three, so check those out.
Speaker 2: If it's not, you can check out my podcast Take this Personally. This week, I brought on two of my good friends. We're talking all about careers. One is an expert in the field of recruitment, so she shared you.
Speaker 3: Know how to get a job.
Speaker 2: What's happening in the job market right now? And another one is my friend from back home who quit a two degree career that she had been chasing to then follow her dreams of photography. So really exciting stuff over there. And last, but not least, to follow the show on everything at Bobby.
Speaker 3: Bone Show, especially YouTube. That's a good content up there.
Speaker 2: Okay for now, be safe, have a fun weekend, enjoy all the Super Bowl foods, dips snacks.
Speaker 3: For me please, and be safe. I'll see you guys next time. Bye.
Speaker 1: That's the best bits of the week with Morgan. Thanks for listening. Be sure to check out the other two parts this weekend.
Speaker 4: Go follow the show on all social platforms.
Speaker 6: Show and follow at web girl Morgan
Speaker 1: To submit your listener questions for next week's episode.