Speaker 1: Didn't an NFL player just get caught like buying a bag of pink crystals like on a boat or something. Really yeah, it was like very very visible on camera.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Think my friend posted it was like Stefan Diggs is his name?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah with.
Speaker 4: The New England Patriots.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's very obvious.
Speaker 4: Drugs have like turned into what I thought drugs would be when I was a child, like pink crystals.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, exactly, so cool, Like, man, I would have done drugs if they didn't.
Speaker 4: Have names like cocaine. They're like, what are you doing? Pink crystals.
Speaker 3: There's a little video game noise this when you take it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, like the power up noise. Whoa, just get right real quick, praise God real quick. Hey you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: And I don't get that mushroom exactly.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Mario was all about microdosing. Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was a pretty big mushroom, that dude.
Speaker 4: That was his body, and it just made him feel big for a little while, you know, just a little bit, until he then sometimes he needed that star aka cocaine yea to make him feel invincible and about the length of a cocaine high like fifteen seconds and.
Speaker 2: Then you're right back to the fuck no no, please just let me get.
Speaker 4: Hello the Internet, and welcome to season three ninety two, Episode two of Yeah. It's a production of iHeartRadio. It's a podcast where we take a deep dive into america shared consciousness. And it's Tuesday, June tenth, twenty twenty five. Oh yeah, it's National Frosted Cookie Day.
Speaker 2: And in the picture they have like it's like the Mother's Circus animals, those pink and white ones, which I did I did love growing up.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, yeah, yeah, allbably uniformly frosted. Like you can't even some spring tails that they're frosted. The frosting is so thin.
Speaker 2: They're like pink crystals. They're like little fun pink and white crystals, the whimsical. It's also a National Forklift Safety Day, National egg Roll Day, National Call your Doctor Day, National Herbs and Spices Day, National Iced Tea Day, National Ballpoint Pen Day, and National Black Cow Day, which is a root beer float. I didn't know.
Speaker 4: That black cow is the root beer froat float.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't know that.
Speaker 4: Is it like chocolate ice cream or something float?
Speaker 2: The delicious ice cream beverage known as a root beer float. Just root beer and vanilla ice cream.
Speaker 4: Incorrect. Okay, nice, tri assholes, fuck fuck you dipshits. You know who doesn't want you observing your national call your doctor day. You're a doctor. Yeah, they're busy enough. Hey, hey, just calling for no reason whatsoever to interrupt your emergency care that you're delivering to other people in need.
Speaker 2: We need. Well, look, that's why we need better access to healthcare. I wonder if that's what it is.
Speaker 4: It's like, call them, just like bug them, you know, just say what's up?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, why not? Why not if you're on if you have a relationship like that. I do not have a relationship like that with my doctor. My doctor it like knows me like a car that rolls into like a Jiffy.
Speaker 4: Lou So you just roll in with a busted wheel and they're like, but I go, all right, I see the problem here.
Speaker 2: Your wheel's all broken. I'm like, I think I came in because I was talking about my blood pressure. Yeah, yeah, tire pressure exactly exactly. You want that thing above thirty six PSI you're abound twenty two? Yeah, love love.
Speaker 4: You think the doctors judge us. They're like, this guy's always got something wrong with him. Every time I see it.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I need a new doctor because this dude barely fucking like looks at me. It's like the place I've gone to, it feels very much. It's like one of those like we're just churning through seeing people. Yeah, yeah, it's not quite care. It's like, I mean, it's like, look, I don't care what happens to you, but this is a place where we do offer medical care for you. Yeah. Anyway, I won't name the place.
Speaker 3: You did name the place, Jiffy Loup, right, yeah, yeah, okay, sorry, yeah, Jiffy.
Speaker 4: All right. My name is Jack O'Brien aka this Way Mos on Fire. That one courtesy of Nick kemper Tyranna's. I think it was Nick.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, switched up.
Speaker 4: Might have been switched up by my fingeries.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, I don't think the display name was changed on discord.
Speaker 4: Nick semper Tyranna's in reference to these dang protests, is doing the worst crime possible description destruction of property. Yeah, we're not going to allow that.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, not in these United States.
Speaker 4: Anyways. I'm thrilled to be joined as always by my co host, mister Miles Grast. Miles Gray.
Speaker 2: Look, it's the Lord of Lancasham, the Showgun with no Gun, just here in Los Angeles as we become the focal point of the Trump administration's brutal anti immigration policy.
Speaker 4: Are you guys okay? Are you staying safe?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: Always there, He's been really safe, to be honest. Are you okay? Yes, I'm okay, I'm okay, everyone's okay? Getting that from who don't look? Yeah, I'm like, no, Yeah, we're fine. It's just that these federal goons are making things not okay right now.
Speaker 2: That's that's where we're not okay. We're fine here, We're we're completely equipped to take care of ourselves and each other in our communities. But it's this federal invasion. That's the invasion that's actually happening right now that we need.
Speaker 4: To be liberated from. But he got to first. He's calling it invasion LA and not not for the correct reason. Yeah, we'll see how long this. Yeah, I mean yeah, he'll probably keep pressing that button. But I mean right now that the.
Speaker 2: Facts just aren't on your side, no matter how hard you try to manufacture this like event, and again who knows, because they're Every move that the federal government keeps making is to increase tensions and incite further Yeah, sort of clashes with the police. But again it's not because the people are violent. It's because they're here to protest what is happening.
Speaker 4: All right, Well, Miles, we're thrilled to be joined in our third seat by one of the best podcast hosts doing it anywhere. And my old friend from the Crack Day is a Jeopardy champion, the host of the Wonderful podcast secretly incredibly fascinating. It's Alex Schmall. Hey, commit and die Copper Kay, don't like my driving dial one eight hundred each me here you go, so stupid? Are the rest of my buffer stickers? Yeah? Those are my favorite, the dozens that you sent me.
Speaker 3: It's so great to be here, And yeah, I know it's been nice having lived in Los Angeles previously and knowing how large it is, knowing that, like most people in my life are probably fine. But also it is as if the United States is invading a country like Los Angeles is a very big Yeah, so I hope everybody in.
Speaker 2: The long run do we need like insurgent tactics, like we need to start taping up the street signs so they don't know what streets they're on anymore, and they're like relying on you know what I mean, like real simple stuff, just easy things. Or they're like because these people are out of towners, you know what I mean, they don't know what the fuck where things are. I mean some might be, but you know, little things. I don't know. As the tactics change from the federal government, perhaps the tactics are going to start changing from this side too. But just renumbering all the interstates, like it's one off would be great. Just do that.
Speaker 4: I'm on the eleven and you.
Speaker 2: Know I'm on the one to one right now. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, take that to Cranker Buying Avenue and you'll be right there. Alex.
Speaker 4: We're thrilled to have you here. How's it going where you are? You're you're on the other side of the country, if I if I remember correctly, it's yes, I'm in Beacon, New York, which is in the Hudson River Valley. It's above New York City. But like I had a very strange Sunday because I was like googling the invasion of Los Angeles by the United States military while I was at our town's strawberry festival, and sweet, really good.
Speaker 2: We contain multitudes this nation. It's the greatest country on Earth. On one side, you could have a military invasion more New Yorkers taking there better than us.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well we had a whimsical strawberry festival because and the other thing I heard is that like almost all of the rest of LA was also like usual weekend farmers market and stuff.
Speaker 3: It's just so massive. People need to know that. Like it's approaching the size of New York City metropolitan area or bigger and then like flattened out and spread out and like downtown is not really the middle.
Speaker 2: It's just so big.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Los Angeles County is the biggest city in the world, I think, like just size wise. Yeah, it's it's massive. It's yeah.
Speaker 2: And for anyone, are you safe?
Speaker 4: We are.
Speaker 2: It's not that there's like what you see on the streets where people are like in the streets. That doesn't mean protesters are just trying to hurt anyone or anything like that. They're not even trying to hurt the police. The police are hurting protesters. We're okay, you know, we're trying to just live our lives here. It just looks fucking wild because now we have like cops trampling people with their horses and shit, it's just funny to see that. A lot of the habits from the summer of twenty twenty are like creeping back in with people not knowing how to like articulate what's happening or where the like what side is actually instigating violent clashes. But yeah, we're we're fine, we're fine, we're fine.
Speaker 4: We just need to the horses purely for the photographic like impact, right, Yeah, Like that's in no way is that necessary or important. But they just I think they were like, this would be this will look cool if we're firing these tear gas canisters at private citizens from horseback.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and journalist like a cowboy. It's it's all. It's all wacky anyway.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and those horses should be like in Griffith Park taking people on charming rides, you know, yeah, not police violence.
Speaker 4: That's yeah.
Speaker 2: The horses didn't what.
Speaker 3: Horses and LA Airport animal abuse.
Speaker 2: They didn't want to be conscripted into this bullshit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're just being pulled around by LAPD helicopters just like dropped air dropped from one place to the other through LAPD's like main, main mode of transport. Yeah, I feel like the way that most of LA experienced the unrest was lighter than usual helicopter traffic from the LAPD because they were otherwise occupied. But all right, Alex, we're thrilled to have you here. We're going to get to know you a little bit better in a moment. First, we're telling the listeners a couple of things we're talking about, and we of course want to start off with our favorite source of news on Trump's invasion of Los Angeles, and that is, of course, uh doctor Phil who has some things to say about ice raids.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, thank god, our thought leader.
Speaker 4: Yeah I didn't.
Speaker 3: I didn't realize he has a PhD in everything, everything that's ever been a.
Speaker 2: Top now Yeah, yeah, yeah, he's doing The doctor does a lot of work for him.
Speaker 4: It's one of the few people who realize you could just claim to have a PhD in anything and no people will ever push back whatsoever. Well'll talk about the Democratic Party deciding that Elon isn't so bad after all some some parts of the Democratic Party and being like, I don't know, let's just uh, let's see where he's going with this. Maybe he's our guy. Well we'll look at their new YouTube channel, YouTube Daily Show. That is like an attempt to recapture the youth, and it is really real bad so good, oh so good, I mean so good, waking. We're quaking over here, all that plenty more. But first, Alex, we do like to ask our guest, what is something from your search history that's revealing about who you are?
Speaker 3: I mentioned the Strawberry Festival. I was there wondering where the name strawberry came from in English, and apparently it's not clear, but either way, I really don't feel like that's a good name for the fruit, and yeah, change it.
Speaker 4: So I was trying to.
Speaker 2: Google it and nothing. Nothing.
Speaker 3: There's like guesses about it being from like strewn the berry, like strewn across the ground, or like old words for the earth and stuff. But the name sounds like it's a pile of hay and it's such a delicious fruit. I'm being very frustrated with this now that I think about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm like, what what's the straw because I think it my in my mind as a kid, I was like the thing we drink with, Oh yeah, straw a or something like that. Yeah, it probably predates the straw good to Know, Good to Know, although.
Speaker 4: For me it's totally overtaken like the I think I had that thought originally, but you know, I think Darryl Strawberry is now like that that was such an iconic name. And yeah, I think I've just had enough strawberry like candy brute secondary to candy in my life that I feel I feel like I can't go back now. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I just like wish we could upgrade at But I agree, it's definitely cemented in my head like like sort of like all feet, inches, miles, all those measurements, like they're just cemented in my head, and I know they could be better. And that's kind of where I'm at, So what do you think? And like triangle berry, Like, what's most the most unique thing about strawberries that they're triangles?
Speaker 2: Ish?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I the best game I can think of is Red Delicious, but that's an apple, so you can't do that. But like the so good and you're so red and then we just need a and then the name sounds like it's a haystack. It doesn't work, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Because in other what is it called an Italian like? I think all the other like language words for the strawberry are much better and sound like as whimsical as a strawberry looks and tastes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, apparently in Italian it's a fragola goals Yeah, great, really good, already better Yeah, phrase us in Spanish in Spanish, so good perfect.
Speaker 2: It also looks much whenever I see that like an agua fresca thing, I says, I'm like yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: And like strawberry fine, right, I mean it gets the point across.
Speaker 2: I'm all for changing it. Whatever.
Speaker 4: You know that dried out ship that we feed the farm animals, so that is a plus berry like it?
Speaker 2: No it's bad?
Speaker 3: No, yeah, pretty bad? Pretty bad?
Speaker 4: What are you just called? Seeds on the outside, Barry, he's on the outside berrys pretty Goodeah? All right? Yeah?
Speaker 2: What works out? This?
Speaker 3: So many better ways to go, can't go wrong, Alex, what's something you think is underrated? I really thought about it because he wrote a really great New York Times opinion piece. But Ken Jennings is just great, Like What a wonderful successor to Alex Trebek, What a wonderful figure in culture. And then he just wrote a like both very neutral and normal and also explicitly political app at about the value of facts. That was just great. So very happy with Ken Jennings lately.
Speaker 4: He's great.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, I see more and more of his posts on Blue Sky and I'm like, hey, this guy's get a little bit of wit to him. I like some of these nice.
Speaker 4: I've always pitted the two of you as the two most foremost Jeopardy people in my life. I've always pitted the two of you against each other. So this is this is troubling to me. I've always have been like, fuck Ken Jennings to my boy alexid he should be the host of Jeopardy. Yeah, sounds like you maybe want me to lay off that a little bit.
Speaker 2: Well, they're started. Thought I was doing you a favor, bro, Yeah, you should stop sending like maggots in a box to his house for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so many threats to him, but everyone has a little appendency, like and Alex Schmid asked me to do this, and no on behalf of Alex Schmidt. Here you go, each Mid Die sends his regards. Yeah, I was also thinking him when sorry, I was also thinking of him when Wheel of Fortune got a new host because Wheel of Fortune is school. But then like when Pat's a Jack was ready to retire, they just picked Ryan Seacrest, like just a famous TV host because it's like I don't know what to do. And then totally different situation with Jeopardy, like they had a guy who like vaguely won the seat, you know, and it's very cool, it's a good thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess who could have even really taken the wheel? Like who makes sense? Fan of White? Weren't people saying like, shouldn't Vannah White just end up hosting because she's like, I don't know, I've been there to be like give it to Vanna?
Speaker 3: Yeah she seems great. Yeah, so that that's like the one better idea. But otherwise they were just like, who's the most famous person who stands in front of cameras?
Speaker 4: It's not too busy.
Speaker 2: And I feel like Ryan Seacrest has no time in his life at all because all he does is host three trillion things.
Speaker 4: They clone that motherfucker.
Speaker 3: Oh that makes sense, that makes sense.
Speaker 4: And we would not come for the hard hitting things, and we would know, and we would know they've offered to clone. We would know, check the network, check the network, we would know allegedly allegedly. I feel like Wheel Fortune could use some more because because the only times that I see Wheel of Fortune is when people fuck up. Yeah, yeah, they need some Steve Harvey and that, you know, like they need somebody who like, I don't know me, like Charles Barkley would also be fun, like somebody who's like going direct to camera being like what, I like Charles Barkley because he himself would also be open that he has no idea what the.
Speaker 2: Word's supposed to be either, because you know, honestly, I thought that's what it was too. I guess that's like yeah, Marklee for Fortune. Sure, Oh god, Victor Stephen A. Smith, No, that's too muser.
Speaker 4: Victor has suggested either the best or worst A Smith?
Speaker 2: What was that one recently that that was like really perverted that last Wheel of Fortune? When I remember we covered.
Speaker 4: The Victor suggestion that was really perverted?
Speaker 2: Was it?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: Anyway, whatever whatever that was, Yeah, Stephen A. Smith would probably oh wasn't it? One was right in the butt. There was one that was like right in the recently Stephen A.
Speaker 4: Smith would probably say that guy is a crack probably, and then you'd be like, all right, that that's not the energy wheel of fortune he's going to yell at people. I feel like he needs a good day to like work up his steam, like he's not he's not in the moment good at being outraged, like he's good the next So I just think that he needs to start covering Wheel of Fortune on his ESPN show, Alex what is something you think is overrated?
Speaker 3: This is a recent learning Coca cola. It's like about the same as pepsi, And and our household decided to switch because we've heard like BDS, Coca cola is pro is real reasons to not drink it, and so we were like, okay, let's try pepsi. And I've been like a lifelong cokes the best one person And no, they're like the same, it's it's the same thing, and and pepsi is good. Boo you drinking pepsi. Heavies pepsi zero. And then like like if folks are like det on the deep deep lore of me, I do like a cherry Coke zero, partly because it was the soda and the young Pope that you'd law the young Pope drink. So then I got wild cherry pepsi zero. It's as good, maybe better. So that might be my new young Pope soda.
Speaker 2: I like that. You're like, yeah, whatever, he was working with a young pope. That's me. That's me.
Speaker 3: In the first episode, he like shouts at his papal assistance to bring him cherry coke ceo is like a breakfast drink, and it's really deranged. But then I was watching it and I was like, he has right, this is really good, like a chair breakfast now no, never coffee, but like but but yeah, wild cherry pepsi zero pretty good.
Speaker 4: They're like satanic implications to the young Pope, right, Like he's like, yeah, it's pretty level and that and that is part of that. Drinking wild cherry pepsi.
Speaker 2: At breakfast is satanic. It should be.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like this guy's not quite right. Concerned Christian parents like my teenage daughter is drinking cherry pepsi in the morning, should I exorcism or no?
Speaker 2: Please tell me?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: So uh, I apologies to Atlanta people especially, but coca cola is just fine. That the like halo around that as being the top soda is not justified.
Speaker 2: I think now. I means also, so many sodas are on the way out now, like because half of the soda companies are scrambling to be like, people don't like soda as much. So now do you like juice? Do you like these other fucking your cards? Like no, no flavor sodas? I don't know. Yeah, it's I haven't had like I mean the last time I was, oh, when we went to the movies, Jack and I had a little date last week we went to the movies.
Speaker 4: Do you remember when you got mouths from the Universal Machine?
Speaker 2: No, I don't, Honey, I'm sorry, but.
Speaker 4: Cherry cherry coke zero, cherry coke zero. Yeah, when I anytime I go to the Universal Machine, I add that little dash of cause it's like bright red. Yeah, it's like coke zero and then just like a stream of bright red zyrup going into it. That is uh, unholy, unnatural.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And I'm actually gonna call the priest now because I'm worried about your about your salvation. I feel like the reaction to soda companies, like they're like, people don't buy our thing anymore because it's poison and and they're like, we have to change the messaging. It kind of feeds directly into the Democrats being like, people aren't liking us anymore. We have to change the message, Like what can we do to change the message?
Speaker 2: It's the inside of it.
Speaker 4: It's no, no, no, no, how do It's the chemical makeup at a cellular level.
Speaker 2: What you are is what we find repulsive.
Speaker 4: Not the message. At that company. I met that company that sold Pepsi that like twenty million dollar logo redesign really make a killing with the DNC right now, Oh hell yeah, yeah, that's one of the great Well, well, we'll have to link off to with that report of the Pepsi logo redesign. I just I feel like it's worth linking off to once a year, just to make sure nobody loses track of the fact that when Pepsi like suddenly changed its logo to like something that was like weird, weird looking, kind of looked like a cartoon plumber bending over that that was the result of the most jam packed full of shit slide deck that you've ever seen in your life.
Speaker 2: Like getting into like the jet streams on Earth or some shit, you know. Yeah, like here's Earth and here's how Pepsi's logo figures into that. Like, Okay, y'all, the magnetic polarity is switching and that, and so is Pepsi really like wild Ship?
Speaker 3: It's it's that one screen cap of strung out Don Drapert, but just in real life with the Pepsi logo. Yeah, all right.
Speaker 4: Let's take a quick break and we'll come back and talk about the news. And we're back. We're back, and all right, doctor Phil. This is like the second time that doctor Phil's like tried to do tried to be your man on the street for ice raids.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he did in Chicago. Uh, the last we checked with him. And this time everyone's like, people, notice, like, what the fuck is doctor Phil doing with ice in LA And now we have found out because he was embedded with the Ice agents over the weekend as they hunted down innocent people just trying to live. And a lot of this has to do with the fact that, first of all, why is he doing it? A Doctor Phil is very open. He's part of the Maga cult B. He started his own network recently and it is dying for cash. So being part of the regime's propaganda apparatus is profitable and again aligns with his worldview, so it's really win win.
Speaker 4: Is it like Doctor Phil's OTV. Yeah, yeah, it's called I Forget.
Speaker 2: It's I forget what.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's got this whole thing where he just like just like just basic vlogging to camera. But in a recent upload to his channel, he was Phil splaining what the geheimis stadts POLLITZI was or the Gestoppo.
Speaker 3: For other people who weren't World War two nerds like me.
Speaker 2: And how that's not even close to what's happening with Ice, which is very odd. So this came after Governor Tim Walls basically said, yeah, I acted like Gestapo out here, and Doctor Phil's main point of differentiating was that, like, well, Ice is not like summarily like executing people in the streets yet that we know it. Yeah, exactly. Again, this is so jarring to get to have to hear doctor Phil mcgrad try and tell you about the fucking Gestapo in this like really heavy handed way that's just such like on its face, like the most inelegant propaganda you've ever seen. But here I'm gonna play some clips where He's just kind of get his audience to be like, come on now, Gestapo, come on, y'all. That ate what's happened. So here he is first, this is coming. After that, he plays a clip of Tim Wall saying, these guys are acting like the Gestapo.
Speaker 7: Now that's not just false, it's historically obscene. Why do I say that? Well, they were central to the Nazis regime of mass murder, torture and genocide. Does that equal ice? And if you're sitting there saying yes, sure does? Well?
Speaker 4: Really got my ass? Yeah, so you go well really like and if you're over there, yeah, so I see the similarities. That's you.
Speaker 2: That's how you said, that's how you sound. It's nothing like that. Let me go on with my very well researched, uh presentation here, although it's clear he just read off a thing like.
Speaker 4: This comparison is the first he had heard of the Gestapo, and he.
Speaker 8: Was like finding out about it for the first time. Really because here Wikipedia Police arm like exactly, he's clearly reading these words the first time. So then he goes on to say, what's you know, does this sound anything like that?
Speaker 2: Is like, this is what the Gestapo did?
Speaker 4: Is this anything like what's happening today, And it's pretty jarring because it almost yeah, it sounds exactly like.
Speaker 7: It Gestapo or state sanctioned terrorist.
Speaker 4: With okay, okay, yep.
Speaker 7: Absolute power, ruthlessly eliminating opposition to the Nazis. Oh, they went after leftists intellectually, Jews, trade unions, political clergy, and homosexuals.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, So let's see the local SCIU s EIU union leader was arrested and detained over the rease they did go after trade uar this, They are going after people who oppose the current regime. We're seeing a violently homophobic campaign unfold in terms of rights for people.
Speaker 3: It actually sounds huh, but this is interesting this okay?
Speaker 2: Is it that?
Speaker 9: So?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the whole thing goes on like really being like and unless you're a Holocaust denier, they did really bad stuff in the Holocaust. Basically you're like, this has no nuance to it, and you're not even contending with what people are saying about how violent and dehumanizing these raids are. You're just going purely after Tim wal said Gestapo bad. Yeah, And I don't know if this is helping the cause, but they clearly they must think it is.
Speaker 4: He also emphasized that they put them on trains, right, yeah, different than those automobiles. Right yeah, yeah, fy guys, Yeah, I do just like, you know, continue wanting wanting to. I want to continue underlining, like what these raids look like, because I do feel like that is not highlighted enough. They're the mainstream media is showing the burning cars and you know, people throwing things at the police and just not really giving the context. So from the Washington Post report on one of the sweeps that the protests were reacting to, the immigration sweep spooked many day laborers, who said they could not recall another enforcement action in which people had been detained so seemingly arbitrarily. Do not love the word of spooked, the use of the words spooked there like their horses. But a Guatemala mother of two was inside a McDonald's that shares the parking lot with the home depot when she said she saw numerous agents running after men she sees every day but knows only by their nicknames. She said she momentarily froze, but then began walking in the opposite direction of the agents who were detaining food vendors on the sidewalk. They were just grabbing people. She said. They don't ask questions. They don't know if any of us were in any kind of immigration process, which ties into this investigation by cal Matters of an earlier raid by the Border Patrol that found that of the seventy eight people there rested, seventy seven of them had no criminal or immigration history. Yeah, seventy seven of seventy eight. They're just going and they just got lucky with the one person. They're going and arresting brown people like that's that's it, that's all that's happening, like indiscriminately.
Speaker 2: There was a there was a mom who was visiting from Chile in New York and she got swept up. She's like, I'm on the I don't live here, like yeah, and like they ripped her apart from her twelve year old daughter, who, like a stranger, had to be like, Okay, well, I guess I'll stay with you until they figure this out. They are again, they're popping out of fucking vehicles and just dragging people away in cuffs just based off what they fucking look like. And that's what this is. This is why people are responding to it. In the way they are. But again there's the media is going to do a lot or at least the ones that are really scared of Donald Trump to be like and you know, there's a lot of unrest happening in Los Angeles right now, rather than really connecting the dots to these people's commune unities are are at risk for this kind of violent separation from their from their neighbors or families, et cetera. Yeah, so doctor Phil doing the fucking Antichrist's work here by just by just really giving people as much intellectual cover as possible to just deny people's rights or humanity here, and like, then now you have more. You're seeing more and more quotes from people who are like Latinos for Trump voters, who are like this is really bad. Like you know, one representative from Florida was like, some of the Cuban immigrants who like are in my in my community and who I descend from, We're more American than Stephen Miller, and this is this is absolutely not what we voted for. But I'm i as much as I understand your your outrage at seeing this stuff happen, this is what they were always talking about from the beginning was never going to differentiate the good people from the bad people, because I know from maybe their narrow perspective as people who are immigrants themselves, were like, well, they're well, we're we did it the right way, so sure it won't be us. But from the perspective of the people who run the actual Republican Party, in those Conservatives, they look at it completely differently. They're saying, we need to get all the brown people out of here, and there is no differentiating and I think that's I guess a lesson they're learning in real time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And it seems like on top of the racism, they're just trying to do numbers. They're just trying to say we rounded up X number of people, which is even it doesn't really need to rank it. It's just also creepy and terrible, like it doesn't help anybody, It doesn't do anything for anybody. They can't point to anything good this is doing. That's why when they get accused of being in the Gestapo, they try to like find little historical differences from the Gestapo. Instead of saying like, no, it's good, well, they're like, let me find little ways the flash cards don't match.
Speaker 2: I think this is why they you know, all that pushback too, is because Trump's sort of like approval on immigration is better than his first administration, so he, I think is also viewing this as like a total green light. But when people like but sure, maybe that's one level. When you ask people on the street what they think of this broad concept of what his immigration policies are, but this specifically what's happening, there are very few people are fully on board for that. I mean, the true cult people are, but other people who like voter were like, oh well, not like this, which is unfortunate that people didn't read the not even fine print, the bold print that was on everything that the campaign was messaging to people.
Speaker 4: On the way to November, the headline thesis statement, yeah, like we're going to round up brown people. I'm like, do you remember having last time they were caging people?
Speaker 2: Yeah? You know, like this this isn't what did what did you what did you think there's gonna be? Okay, we learned our lesson Now we're going to be really efficient now and how we target people to completely you know, take rip from their communities.
Speaker 3: But not like the gestapoo inefficient, inefficient, ladder Red tape.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, I mean, like I'm just looking at it there. It's not even spelled the same. It's just that they were in Germany, you know. It's just it just doesn't make sense, you know. And like Herman Gurring is dead, so it's not like Herman Gurring is the one behind this.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: It's Tom Holman and Christino very different.
Speaker 3: We don't even have anybody named Hermann. That name is way out of fashion. My gosh, Herman. You know how many baby Herman's. There are very few her not enough if you ask me.
Speaker 4: Yeahs out there, Yeah, all right. In the continued fallout from Donald Trump and Elon mus breaking up, the Democratic Party has chosen the wrong message, at least some in the Democratic Party and are like, wait a second, that guy. I just I'm constantly reminded of this anecdote. I heard Democratic operative Dan Pfeiffer talking about, like I think he was talking about like the problem with democratic politics as it currently operates. But he was like, this is how it operates. Someone says they want to run for office, You take their phone from them, You look through the contexts, and you total up how much the net worth is of all the people you see on their contexts, and that's how you determine yeah, okay they have a shot or not. Like so that's he I think he was like, that's not good, and it really isn't. But it does provide some helpful context for why people the second deal on Musk like insults Donald Trump. They're like just seeing like literally their eyes are turning into dollar signs.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, like the cartoons just salivating suddenly, like they have a forking knife in their hands and like a little napkin around their collar neck. It's so fucking pathetic that they are.
Speaker 4: Just like, wait, money bags needs a new place to rest his little Nazi head.
Speaker 2: Well, come over here, please. We would love that because I guess in their minds are like, well, the reason we lost is like.
Speaker 3: Elon Musk back Trump, Like that's the reason too.
Speaker 2: Like so if so facto transitive property, if we have Elon Musk our side, we win. I think that's pretty clear. That's pretty clear math right there. Rokana said that the Democrats quote should be in dialogue with Musk and try to convince him that quote the Democratic Party has more of the values that he agrees with, does it, I mean such.
Speaker 4: A cell phone, yeah, or just or.
Speaker 2: Just telling on themselves for sure. You're like, oh, so, okay, well who else is that?
Speaker 4: Richie Torres said, Uh, I'm a believer in redemption, and that's what I'm talking about. Yeah, that's uh huh uh huh. I like a good Hollywood story. And Elon Musk in many ways is an underdog, right the richest man in the world who was born like inheriting a fucking diamond mind like that. That's diamond mine, not diamond mind. That's what I've got after take it, taking nutraceuticals. But Elon Musk inherited a fucking an emerald mind, and he he just needs to be redeemed. Yeah, he just needs to join the Avengers, you know, like Vision did, and that's and we can all move on.
Speaker 2: That's that's what we do. We just need him to turn to the right side. Yeah, it's I think it's really concerning that they talk so like that, as if this is normal that you want the wealthiest man on the planet who is just an avowed Nazi out loud with everything they do, being like yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, it's okay, just just go yeah, money yeah, money, okay, And I think exposes how the Democrats have no actual values that they stand on, Like if being a Nazi is a non starter to be in the Democratic establishment, then there's really nothing to talk about here, regardless of how much money you have. But the fact that that isn't a non starter interesting because white you know, white supremacy is tolerated among the Democrats if you have money, clearly is how I'm reading this, And they can look past the Nazi shit because he has cash. That's a slippery slope. Books, that's a slippery slope you don't want to really be on, because what happens when he just turns on you inevitably Already he already pretended like.
Speaker 3: He was like a liberal person who gave a fuck about Pride Month or fucking electric vehicles. No, he's just a sociopath chasing money, and they'll say whatever he.
Speaker 4: Needs to do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I thought, Yeah, I thought, like, especially after these two guys broke up, everybody should be aware that Trump and Musk are like the two leading betrayal guys. Yeah in American society, Like they're the two leading guys who will betray you.
Speaker 4: Another betrayal since twenty twelve.
Speaker 3: You really don't see them split up and say one of the betrayal guys, it'll work for us betrayal.
Speaker 2: Guys, Yeah, what's Trump doing not betray us?
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Trump's pretty into the thing he's got going over there. So I don't think we can. I don't think we can pinch him off from that one. But maybe Musk, maybe Musk.
Speaker 4: Like again, what is really the difference here at a cellular level if either party is willing to court Musk and all the bullshit that comes with it.
Speaker 2: Now, I'm not saying every person in the Democratic Party is like we need to bring because plenty are like, absolutely fucking not. But like, the people that are thinking like this are the app Like, these are the people that serve as the biggest obstructions to a lot of things happening within the Democratic Party because they're thinking is completely skewed by this other version of how things unfold.
Speaker 4: I mean, we saw when Harris took over the presidential ticket started with seemingly some policies that might be like populous or progressive, and then immediately it became like a thing of like how do we get Dick Cheney to approve to you know, like how do we hitch our wag into Dick Cheney. It's just like they and that didn't even have like logic or like money tied to it. That was just their logic of like we broader tent, bigger tent type shit. So like, yeah, there's never gonna be a situation where someone's like too fucked up for the Democrats to put inside with them. I don't know, basicly be like does he answer our calls?
Speaker 2: Right? And I don't know what they thought would happen with the supporters who are like the oppressed wing of your your voting base when you welcome the oppressors into the tent too, And don't think that's going to be like have some kind of repulsive effect that we're gonna love it. Yeah, no, it's so chilled. We're so chill.
Speaker 4: The people that are the architects of your torment are also into what we're doing. Isn't that cool?
Speaker 2: You fuck with that?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: Oh no, okay, So the messaging was wrong. There's the messaging. We should have messaged that better. That's on us. That's on us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that and and I'm glad you said that. It's like not every single Democrat because it's true that like they're a that are speaking out against this kind of thing. And there's one exciting congressional candidate in Illinois named Katazol who her website has an anti endorsement section and the top anti endorsement is Elon Musk, who's like been harassing her online since she was an employee of Media Matters. And you know, like it's very possible to be a Democrat and try to have some consistent principles, and some of them do that and the rest are just like trying to make consulting money or something.
Speaker 2: With Kat, you know, she's completely outside of the establishment, you know what I mean, Like she her her worldview is almost antithetical what the Democratic Party stands for. And I think that's why people are so excited too about her candidacy.
Speaker 4: Well Man Cat came on our podcast. I said, Cat, let me look at that phone, Let me look at those I've never heard it, not one of these a billionaire cat. You fail in, big time loser. Yeah, that's that's such a funny quote from that guy. As Fifers. Something is also just like.
Speaker 3: The concept of someone taking my phone and looking at my contact list is very invasive to be like just in a fundamental way, like that's not how humans operate. I don't like it, I'm sure.
Speaker 2: And sometimes it's probably been literal and other times probably figuratively, where they're like, hey, can you just send us a list of like your richest friends, just doing kind of vibe chuck you really quick, so taking oligarch check really quick, and if.
Speaker 4: You have any fun nicknames for them, just like like in the nickname section of the contacts. That's just like for our entertainment because otherwise our job is soul destroying. So right, that would be really helpful. Thanks. All right, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back. And we're back. Do we want to talk about this is too much? The Democrats being bad at this shit?
Speaker 2: I mean it's like, yeah, I mean they're always gonna be bad at this. It's we can talk abouts turned down the role for Hans Solo. He did, yeah, what, okay, this is fun? So yeah, yeah. He recently he just an entertainment weekly. He was promoting his new movie The Ritual, and people were like, he in this comes up? He said, quote, I said, I think I'm in the mood to make Harrison forward a career, like like laughing about it, and he talks about how he was like, you know, you know, hanging with the movie brats like Coppola, Spielberg, George Lucas, and he said, quote, they were real idealists coming into seventies with great films all over the globe. And he goes this article says, but when Pacino received the Star Wars script and read it over, he said, it felt like he was reading quote a different language from Patino. I love their work, but I was doing a show on Broadway at the time and they handed me the script and I thought, I don't under stand. I must be an outer space myself.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: Then he reached out to friend and mentor Charlie Lotton, asking him, what do you make of this quote? He was pretty wise, and he said, I don't get it out. I don't know. I don't get it. I said, well, I don't either.
Speaker 4: I don't get it out. Now, I don't know.
Speaker 10: I don't get it. I said, well, I don't either. What are we gonna do? They offered me a fortune, but I don't know. No, I get played so far Charlie's ass.
Speaker 2: He said, no, I can't play something if I don't speak the language, uh, and passed on it, and apparently that's when Harrison Ford got the call. And even Harrison Ford said, quote, He's like, it does seem odd like there's a seven foot tall man in a dog suit, like you know if that's the first thing.
Speaker 3: Harrison Ford was so mean about the movie when he was making it.
Speaker 4: I remember like quotes from this from like the Cracked Days where he was like, George, you can type this shit, but you can't say it, like it's terrible, like that had the improviser around a bunch of the dialogue, and back then George Lucas was not a person who just like was a billionaire like corporation, you know, in and of himself and like wouldn't listen to anything anybody said to him. So he took studio notes and actor notes, and then we got to see in the prequels, like what it looks like, what that initial dialogue looked like.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: I also like that Harrison Ford was saying that when Harrison Ford was like an unknown carpenter two seconds ago, like he's not a famous person going Auto Star Wars and he could just.
Speaker 4: Do that still did not give a fuck.
Speaker 2: Got the part.
Speaker 4: He got the part over Sylvester Stallone, Kurt Russell and Burt Reynolds. Damn, I mean that's what he was up.
Speaker 2: It's just funny now to think of all the other universes where one of these guys just the slight tweak to our multi verses.
Speaker 4: God, where it's Lester Stallone as it's real bad man things up, there's probably no Empire strikes back.
Speaker 2: If Sylvester Stallone is in a New Hope, peop will be like, what the fuck was this? There was a guy in a dog's suit and he's like, we know what you're doing, sister.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he would have demanded that he get to put some of his jokes in. Yeah, Lester Salons always has has notes. Oh no, I think I'm a pretty humorous guy, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Wait, when did the first Rocky come out? Is that what that would have been before seventy six?
Speaker 4: Off?
Speaker 2: This is basically either wild Rocky is coming out or something Wow, that would have been wild to go from Rocky then a New Hope look at you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, sly happen. The one thing with Pacino, if Pachino was on, I do like the scene better where Lucas rescuing layout of that prison sound Lea says you're a little short for a storm trooper and.
Speaker 11: Then a really short Han solo comes up little you know, just the position with him and fucking Chewy, Like this is the best odd couple I've ever seen.
Speaker 2: I think, Yeah, that probably, I guess. So with Pacino, Wow, what is it? What happens?
Speaker 4: Does it make the like two prestige to have Pacino in there? Yeah? It might win the Academy Award for Best Picture and then everybody gets up there and ass real quick and it probably Empire is not quite as good. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hey, never told me the odds, Like what do you think he's gonna say it?
Speaker 10: Like it's a ship that made the Kessel run in less than twelve par six so fun.
Speaker 4: Like they were doing nineties Pacino.
Speaker 9: And yeah, yeah, yeah it has to be. It's sentible, sentable woman Pacino. I'm feeling about this. She's passing up for you, old man.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Stupid, Oh man.
Speaker 3: There's so also Pacino frozen and carbon Might I just need that somebody drive a really good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he would have brought a mustache to it or something because it was like Surplico era, you know, like maybe a bird or something. Oh yeah, you know what else? Sylvester Stallone said no to that, like gave us one of our that would have had he said yes, it would have ruined. One of our greatest films of the eighties is Beverly Hills Cop. That was like a Stallone good.
Speaker 2: God, yeah again, thank God we're not in that universe.
Speaker 4: It was he like wanted it to be more like gritty and violent, and so Cobra is what ended up being his vision for Beverly Hills Cop. And the people who were making Beverly Hills Cop were like, okay, and like, with two weeks to go, we're like, let's try Eddie Murphy in this movie that we've already basically made. And then Eddie Murphy came through and gave it a reason for existing.
Speaker 2: Jesus. All I remember from that movie was that wacky ass machine gun he had on the cover, like the poster for that, I'm like, what the cover is this ship?
Speaker 4: Is that?
Speaker 3: Is that the one where Stallone eats pizza with like a knife and fork by himself or something a scissor maybe, or a scissor a scissor.
Speaker 4: That's yeah, Yeah, he's like I got like this guy is like kind of a unique individual. You know, he's like.
Speaker 2: That's doing this, the doing the old country. They'll foll the slices. That's turning into net and Yahoo.
Speaker 12: The similar who wast and Yahoo almost played Rocky And then.
Speaker 4: You know, Adrian also in the world of film, just wanted to talk about the news from over the weekend that Sinners, which we were still still waiting to see if this was going to be a success or not.
Speaker 2: You know, they still I don't know, I don't know why.
Speaker 4: We talked about the first weekend that it came out and like people were like, you see like a modest twenty five million dollar bal for Sears. Yeah, and then it like you know, destroyed that, like did incredibly well, like blew everybody's expectations out of the water. And the Hollywood Reporter or like one of those trade publications that Monday was like, Sinners does well, but it's got a long way to go before it reaches profitability. It just became so over the weekend it crossed the three hundred and fifty million dollar mark each and has become the decade's most profitable film based on original material, most profitable the thing that they were like, well, you know they they spent a little bit of money on this one. Uh so this guy's a bit of a hothead. I don't know if he wants to go hot dogging around after one weekend saying that he made a lot of money because it's might not even be profitable. Most profitable film based on original material.
Speaker 3: Wow, Jesus, that was a good movie.
Speaker 2: What did what did you guys see?
Speaker 3: Recently? I'm behind what did you guys see?
Speaker 2: We saw? Can we talking about it?
Speaker 4: Yeah? We for for a possible sponsorship. We saw f one. Yeah, as a car driver, as a race car, I saw.
Speaker 2: Now you're talking about tires. Yeah it was fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a loon insisted I'm playing an Italian makeup car and had Lamborghini.
Speaker 4: I want something not something he always insisted on, as we saw with Scarface. You know, sometimes sometimes he didn't insist on only speaking his native language. Yeah, yeah, you get caught with a little too much dip on your chip. There al what I saw? I saw sinners, I saw friendship, enjoyed friendship. There's a lot of good I.
Speaker 2: Heard Connor O'Malley has one of my friends that Connor O'Malley is the best throwaway line of dialogue ever. Like you said, he's like so much. He's like, but there's one thing I'm not even telling you. It's like Connor O'Malley fucking split me in half with laughter, with just a fucking yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's my favorite part of the movie. But it's like such a stupid background, purely Connor.
Speaker 6: Great.
Speaker 3: How about you, Alex, Well, you see anything good lately? We saw an old movie as just like a screening. There's a Hitchcock movie called Notorious. It's great, it's amazing.
Speaker 2: The notis BG.
Speaker 3: Wasn't that movie called Notorious Elfred Hitchcock's Notorious BG. It's a It's like a very romantic spy trailer with Carrie Grant and Ingrid Bernie Men totally out of my head. There you go, thank you.
Speaker 2: And it was great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was really good. Yeah, Okay, so not the two thousand Centers is the best new movie I've seen lately. I kind of want to see Superman. One of the ways I'm like secretly two hundred years old is I like Superman a lot. And so the Superman movie is probably exciting.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I I love like that that is in there, like deep in my film going DNA is like having watched Superman.
Speaker 4: I think like my grandparents might have had it on VHS or something, and so I watched it like a hundred times. Like around the time of that, I've watched Jaws one hundred times and I but I'm like, that's the one movie where I'm like a little like bitch movie. Like I'm just like, I don't know. This guy doesn't have the Christopher Reeve stuff like I don't. I don't like when he's like back to work, that's not my Superman. He seems too harried. But there's something about the performance in the trailer that I'm not liking. But everybody around me is like, we got to see this.
Speaker 3: This looks fun, and so I will be going to probably like it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a dog that super dog. Why not?
Speaker 4: I even really liked Superman Returns The Brandon Route one, Yeah, it was pretty good. I thought they liked But that one specifically was designed to capture the energy of the original, Like Christopher Reeves one. It's like they made it a sequel to the second Christopher reeves one. They were like nothing else, none of the rest of this shit happened.
Speaker 2: Please, just funny, like those tapes that your grandparents have that like you get baby sets so you just mainline the same, like okay, so over and over. One of them for me is my grandparents always had. I didn't want to keep watching Roots because they have Roots the whole box set. I was like, please, y'all, like I've seen I know, thank you. The other one I had, The Gods must be crazy too. Oh yeah, okay, I watched that ship so many times. I'm like, this is the most backwards fucking movie, like like what the fuck is this? But anyway, yeah, the gods must be crazy? Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 4: A coke bottle falls out of a plane and like a tribe like starts worshiping it. Is that the Yeah, like they were under the idea.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, and they're fighting over like the bottle too, because like it's like this, that's the first one. God's must be crazy. Number one is where the coke bottle comes down, uh, and then they all start fighting over the new magical technology of the coke bottle.
Speaker 4: And then part two is like there's like geopolitical implications. Yeah, it's just like the world.
Speaker 2: The worst vehicle for like any kind of actual message dealing with the world or anything with Africa or.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like racism, right, That's what it feels like.
Speaker 4: Well, and it's funny too because like it's kind of there's this sort of like you know, like my black grandparents loved it. They're like this shit, like they thought it was hilarious because I think in this weird way too, like as African Americans you kind of other African people too. It's kind of like, oh, wow, looking at what they're doing over there. Ha ha ha ha.
Speaker 2: And then now you're like, no, no, no, this is what what were we laughing at?
Speaker 4: Made this movie? And why were they laughing? A good question to ask on the gods must be crazy? Oh, just a South African man who was behind the film? You Jesus crazy. Alex Schmidt as always such a pleasure of having you on the podcast. Where can people find you? Follow you, hear you all that good.
Speaker 3: Stuff, Thank you anytime you have me. It's it's a joint. And like you said, I'm secretly incredibly fascinating with my buddy Katie Golden host to bring your Picture another wonderful show.
Speaker 4: So check that out.
Speaker 3: And I'm told Saturday there's a lot of protests in the United States. Might be good to do there.
Speaker 4: You go, No Kings And is there a work of media that you've been in joint.
Speaker 3: I really like the new season of poker Face, the TV show Peacock with natash Leone, and like detective stuff and so if you like knives Out and things like that, it's it's just like a good, chill and humorous mystery show.
Speaker 2: Better than the first season.
Speaker 3: Uh, actually maybe not. I think the first season is a little better. So if you start there, that's great, but second season is good too. The pilot to that so good, the pilot to the poger Face. Go check that out, everybody.
Speaker 4: It's great.
Speaker 3: Great and Peacock.
Speaker 4: If you get Peacock great. Miles Where will find you as their working media you've been enjoying, Yeah, find me everywhere at Miles of Gray. Check out the basketball podcast I was working about Moosti's if you want to hear about the NBA finals. Ooh boy, the pendulum swung back pretty hard, didn't it did?
Speaker 3: But everyone like him. This that's a wrap, I know.
Speaker 2: I expect I was like, they're gonna They're gonna wake the fuck up for game two. I did not expect the Pacers to win Game two. After that they got halliburtoned.
Speaker 4: That Game one. Why yeah?
Speaker 2: Also checked me out. On four twenty, say, a couple posts, I like on blue Sky someone posted like a thing of like, this is how your email finds me and posted like a really sad looking turtle, and then someone quote tweeted that again at Eric Eric Alex Rodgers dot com posted this is how your email finds me just like just like a like it looks like a turtle has been hibernating in the muck for like a year, just like emerges. Yeah, yeah, that that is how the emails are finding us currently. At Rinsewind dot Run on blue Sky posted we've got a bunch of parents voluntarily guarding the elementary school gates if you want to know how La feels this morning, because that's pretty much where we're seeing again. Ice is going after the lowest hanging fruit, meaning wherever they can just pull up a list and think that's where someone's going to be, They're going there and shout out to everybody who is protecting their communities right now because it is definitely a scary time. Friend of the show Alex d also post on Blue Sky a dictatorship. Absolutely, but I have a lot of hope due to the strength of those showing up and pushing back, and also in the fact that these are the stupidest motherfuckers alive.
Speaker 4: Yeah, hopefully, hopefully that helps at some point. Uh, let's see a dumb tweet that I've been enjoying. Elena Savadra Buckley tweeted satisfying to eat a NERD's gummy Cluster. I think it's the best candy to come out in a while. Then do a little research and find out that the guy who invented them just received a huge Candy Industry Impact Award for them. Reality is out there and it can be shared. Okay, good good, I love them. They're so good.
Speaker 2: They're fucking I'm unreal.
Speaker 4: Okay, have you had them? Oh? I haven't.
Speaker 3: I haven't heard of this.
Speaker 4: Even I don't buy I don't buy like candy like that at the store. But her Majesty and I will we fucking fight over the backs. They're so like, there'll be a few left, Like, why did you leave me the last cup? I'm like I'll get more, Okay, I'll get more.
Speaker 2: They're really sad and this the kind of gummy kind of thing where it doesn't get stuck in your.
Speaker 4: Teeth, No, but it does like it is it encases your teeth and sugar. Yeah, it doesn't get stun inside out sadly so yeah, very good. Just an incredible like sugar bomb.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just.
Speaker 4: If you, if you, if that's what you're looking for in your candy vintage a.
Speaker 3: Wild cherry PEPSI should I have with it like two or nice?
Speaker 4: You've been refrigerating for their nitty marin and the marina all right. You can find me on Twitter at jack underscorel Brian on Blue Sky at jack o b the Number One. You can find us on Twitter and Blue Sky at Daily Zeitgeist at the Daily Zeitgeist. On Instagram, you can go to the description of this episode wherever you're listening to it, and there you will find the footnote, which is where we link off to the information that we talked about in today's episode. We also link off to a song that we think you might enjoy. Miles, is there a song that you think the people might enjoy? Yes?
Speaker 2: After listening to it, more and more. I think everyone really needs to listen to this low Wayne cover of ers Island Holiday. It's it sounds like a made up thing. And jack when you told me, because when you came on the zoom call or like when we were talking earlier, I was listening. I was like going through the album and.
Speaker 4: You said, is there really that Weezer on there?
Speaker 2: Like cover on them? Like I haven't heard one yet. It was the next track in the queue for me, and I played it, and it's unreal to hear Lil Wayne's auto tuned voice being like, hell ya, dude.
Speaker 4: I'm a fucking kills Weezer's kill this karaoke crack.
Speaker 2: It's fucking It's wild. I don't know. I told Jackie reminds of when George Bush started painting after he left office. Like we like, yeah, I'm gonna do some Weezer covers, Like all right, whatever, whatever you're gonna do. So, yeah, Island Holiday by a little Wayne, please check it out for the wolves.
Speaker 4: All right, we will look off to that.
Speaker 2: In the note.
Speaker 4: The Daily Zeich is the production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeart Radio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcast or wherever you listen to your favorite shows, that is going to do it for us this morning. We're back this afternoon to tell you what is trending, and we will talk to you all done. Bye bye. The Daily Zeit Guys is executive produced by Catherine.
Speaker 3: Long, co produced by Bee Wang, co produced by Victor Wright, co
Speaker 2: Written by J M McNabb, Edited and engineered by Justin Conner,