Speaker 1: This is Drivetime with Travis Wingfield. What is up, Dolphins and welcome to the Draft Time Podcast. I am your host, Travis Wingfield. And on today's show, our final of the off season divisional Previews brings us home to the AFC East Dolphins, Bills, Jets, and Patriots go under the microscope today.
Speaker 2: Plus I have two interviews.
Speaker 1: The soft spoken, humble yet physically imposing Jonah Savit Naya joins me. Cater Kohu joins me. I'm pumped for this one. Let's go ahead and get right to it. From the Baptist Hell Studios inside of my house. This is the Draft Time Podcast.
Speaker 2: Maybe Jaffe Sir really.
Speaker 1: Enjoying doing these kind of sporadically throughout the month of June and July because it's kind of like a time capsule of where I am tomorrow.
Speaker 2: As I record this podcast.
Speaker 1: In the first week of July, I head out to the Pacific Northwest to pick up my who spent ten days at her grandma's house. And it's the longest time I've been away from her and I miss her very very deeply, and like, let's just put the cards on table here. My in laws are all rednecks for lack of a better term, and my daughter had pictures of her holding up like dead mice and salamanders and snakes, and I just ain't about that life, so she could I come back home here and get used to some city cooking because I ain't trying to have all that stuff around my proximity. So looking forward to going and seeing her. My last recording here. The next time I talk to you guys will be the camp preview episodes Offense on Monday, Defense on Tuesday, before we get into camp practices on Wednesday.
Speaker 2: So Football's back, baby, and I'm pumped.
Speaker 1: I keep telling my wife like it kind of feels like twenty twenty four didn't have a lot of fun, and so therefore I am ready for twenty five to get here and to really dive into having a fun football season again, hopefully where twenty three was so much fun that I enjoyed the summer maybe a little bit more, But this year, I just want to get back to the Baptist Hell Trading Complex and watch some Dolphins practices before that, Let's go ahead and kick this thing off with my chat with Dolphins rookie offensive lineman Jonaht Naya joining us day on the Draft Time podcast is Dolphins rookie offensive lineman Jonah.
Speaker 2: Now Jonah.
Speaker 1: This is my fans on the show laugh me all the time because I have to double take your name a lot. I'm working on it. Should I try it first and then go correct me? Sovite Naya?
Speaker 3: Hey, you got it first, first try.
Speaker 1: That was a lot of pressure because you're the podcast every time you can hear the cuts, the edits because I'm always I'm always.
Speaker 2: Tripping up on thank you. You gave us like.
Speaker 1: A tutorial media and that was super helpful because I had like the phonetic spelling of it, and even that I couldn't get it.
Speaker 2: But here we are, man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think that's the easiest way to put it how I explained it in the media, So.
Speaker 2: You can you repeat that again so that the fans can hear it.
Speaker 4: He of course, so usually how I put it, you know, so saying Hawaii just take away to h and put the S replaced the S.
Speaker 3: At the end and a nine.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: I'm so proud of myself again to the first tribe. But we're not here talking about me and my stupid pronunciation. I want to talk to you here about your game a little bit, because you were a guy that full transparency. I fancy myself an amateur football scout, and you were a guy that I was. I was very, very excited about before you even got here. Just tell me about coming to the Dolphins, the fit you think you have here with Miami, and how excited you were to hear your name called on Draft night for the Dolphins.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean it was, you know, the biggest blessing I've ever got, you know, this year, you know, just being able to hear my name being called on that TV and getting that phone call from Chris Greer and coach McDaniels and and mister Ross. You know, it meant the world to me because, uh, you know, I told my parents first day, you know, we might not get called today, but whoever gets whoever you know, calls me. You know, that's that's God right there, who wants me. So ever since then, man, you know, it's been a blessed being here. I'm so grateful for every opportunity that I've been given, you know, just being out there and being with the guys, the veterans, you know, they've been taking me under their wing and just making me feel welcome here. You know, all the coaching staff. You know, it feels family oriented around here. You know, everything's so welcoming. You know, every time I go in their office, which was this past weekend, you know, everybody's so welcoming, and you know, we love to have that around here. So it's been an amazing experience here so far.
Speaker 1: That's been a theme from the guys that have sat in that chair so far as talking about just the people in the building and the coaching staff and how they make you feel that family and you know, I know in Polynesian culture, family's a very very big deal. And you talked a little bit about your your family and your parents when the draft call came. But there was an article I read about you. I think it was a game against like USC. You were playing tackle and then you moved inside the guard because like there was a guy that you were having issues blocking.
Speaker 2: Or some something to that effect.
Speaker 1: And that's such a selfless thing to do for an offensive lineman, especially going from from tackle to guard like that. I'm curious, like where does that mindset come into play. I have to imagine it comes from you, from your upbringing a little bit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean you mentioned that. You know, it's my upbringing, you know, my my parents, Mom and dad, you know, always telling me to just be humble, you know, and just be great for every opportunity that you have. So just bringing that into the you know, into college, and I feel like coach Fish and coach Brendan Carroll have done a great job, you know, just instilling that in our mindset.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 4: You know, just when you wake up every day, you know, you just tell yourself, how can I be a better teammate today? So I've I've approached the facility having that mentality, you know, ever since I got there. So when when that happened, see game, you know, coach wanted me to move back inside. You know, it wasn't you know, no second guessing. And I didn't tell them no, you know, I just wanted to do it just for the team. So yeah, that's where it kind of comes from.
Speaker 1: Play multiple positions there at Arizona, both tame and spots either either side of guard. That's got to kind of give you a better feel for the entire offensive operation, right, Like, how does how does playing so many spots help you? You know, I guess accelerate your learning curve as a pro.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it improves it kind of boosts IQ as far as you know, being on the right side on the left side, I'm doing a good job at that now. So but it helps me, you know, as far as you know, just being versatile, playing both sides and just seeing the whole field, you know, making sure that if I'm on the left side, I know what the right side is doing, and vice versa side and on the right side, I know what the left side is doing. So it's been it's been amazing for me to play both sides.
Speaker 1: And with James Daniels, you know, we got a chance to see him towards the end of OTA is a great sign going forward. But he talked to me back when we signed him on the podcast about how he sends like clips and film and stuff to guys. Have you gotten that experience yet from James Daniels. Has he been sending you film and things to work on?
Speaker 4: No, not yet, but I have been asking him about like advice as far as you know, just taking notes because you know, I know, I'm aware that James has been in the league for a while and you know, just me being that rookie coming in. You know, I make sure you got to take every take advantage of every opportunity I can get. So I texted James one night and how do you get the plays down quick? Or like how do you take notes and stuff like that. So just that type of conversation that I have between them, just I just want to be able to better my game in every aspect.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's why.
Speaker 1: That's why I was so excited about getting you here, because I was excited that you guy drafted here. I was excited we signed James because I think you guys have a lot of similarities in your games. And you know, and it's the idea of because this offense run off the football, right, you got to play with speed and get out in space.
Speaker 2: But also you can have a lot of power in your game. Same as James.
Speaker 1: H you must be thrilled to be joining an offense that to me, really accentuates your skill set.
Speaker 4: Yes, and you know, just ever since I got here, you know, they they said this type of offense is the fast type of offense. You know, we run off the ball, attacked the line of scrimmage, and it's it's amazing for me because you know, I love running off the ball. I love running fast, I love moving quick. So that's just you know, it tells me that, you know, this is the type of offense that you know, I kind of fit in for. And I'm grateful for the opportunity to be here, you know, just being under a Butch and shout out of coach Butch man.
Speaker 2: I love.
Speaker 4: He's always out there pushing me to become the best version of myself. And you know, I'm just out there and just just working my tail off.
Speaker 1: This is why I wish we had a video on you right now because the smile across your face and you mentioned Butch's name, that's we get that from the offensive line, the people in the building. We love Butch because he's such a just down to earth personal.
Speaker 4: Gay right now, the energy he brings in the online room, on the field, you know, it's you can't match that man. You know, he's excited to be out there and coach football. That's why we love but.
Speaker 1: I have this idea for like, remember that this is sports and our commercials, like the little like ads for sports CBRE, like the anchors would like act and do these little funny things like there was one with like Arnold Palmer, like filming up iced tea and lemonade, like making Arnold Palmer. I have this idea for Butch to like in the building, like he's like he's coaching you guys, but he's like getting his salad at the at the cafeteria.
Speaker 2: Like God, cucommerce good. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think it's a great idea, but he's He's just so much fun to watch coach and be very animated. So Chris Greer mentioned a good couple more things here for you, Jonah.
Speaker 2: Chris Breer mentioned.
Speaker 1: Your ability as a pocket setter at that guard position. And you know what the fans here are, this is a smart audience. But I want to just have if you don't mind, can you explain what that means, like as far as pockets heading from the guard position.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I guess it means, you know, just anchoring down the pocket. You know, the easiest way the quarterback can get touched is through the interior. So just being able to anchor that middle and then just let the let the tackles, you know, set the width of the pocket and then we just anchored between there. You know, we want to make sure to give the quarterback much time as far as you know, uh in the past came and play passes. So just being able to be firm inside and letting the quarterback, you know, give him any stress at all. Days you gonna get touched in the interior. So I think that's that's what it means, just seeing firm inside.
Speaker 1: Speaking of protecting the quarterback, you mentioned at one point in your various you know, post draft media obligations you had to fulfill there the concept of blocking for polities and quarterbacks.
Speaker 2: Yes, and I believe you you blocked for Jayden delor right.
Speaker 1: I went to Washington State, so Goku because he was a former Washington State Crew quarterback there. But you talked about how important it was to you know, protect your people, and so I'm curious just to kind of hear you talk about that with Tua and what you've seen from Tua, because like you know, we had Quinn here earlier. Quinn you were, he was talking about how Tua's footwork mastery is like something he's triving to get to when you see to a play, Like what do you think about his game? What have you met, what have you seen about him as a person, and how excited you to like block for him obviously.
Speaker 4: Yeah, as a person, man, he's a great human being. You know, where when I got here, I get to I got to meet him first day of team meetings, just seeing a smile on his face, you know, just introducing himself. You know, I know of him, but I never really got to meet him in person. So just being able to have that opportunity to meet him in person, you know, it was great. We connected right away. But him as a player, you know, he's super sharp as far as you know, him being a player and being a leader as well, I think he's he's done a really really fantastic job just leading offense, not on the offense, but the whole team as well. Just seeing him out there being you know, being that kind of an older brother to me, you know, it means a lot to me because I want to come in here, I want to and put, you know, as much as I can to to this offense. And him being a leader in my game, you know, it really stands out for me. So, like again, I'm super grateful every opportunity I get to be out there on the field with him.
Speaker 1: I asked him this five years ago. I lost the same question to you. How similar do you find Hawaii climate to South Florida?
Speaker 2: Is it similar? Different?
Speaker 3: What do you think?
Speaker 4: No, this is not the same way different as far as you know. Humidity is what makes makes a difference. I was I was home before I flew here, so I did conditioning outside thinking that, oh, this is something like this, and I came here first recomedic camp.
Speaker 3: It was nothing.
Speaker 4: So I mean, it's great for us being been talking to the guys, but man, y'all running this was like yeah, man, I was like, I guess it's you know, a good opportunity for us to take advantage of it, you know when teams come out here.
Speaker 1: So yeah, it's great you do. I don't want to get used to it, but you kind of get used to dealing with that. I think it's the best way to put it.
Speaker 2: So there you go.
Speaker 1: I think you're ready for it. Jonah Jonah Sevigi Naya new Dolphins offensive line. I appreciate time today, man, thank you. Jonah has big, big, like ten year stalwart fan, favorite type of guy for your organization, and I can't wait to watch him do it. I think he's gonna fulfill that and become a this is like not fair to put this on Jonah, but just based upon his tape and his temperament and his humble approach, I have such such high expectations.
Speaker 2: For what he can be for this Dolphins interior offensive line.
Speaker 1: Okay, first break right there, come back and get through the AFC East Bills, Dolphins, Jets, Patriots will close up with cater coo who all of that ahead. Draft Time podcast brought to you by Autnation. Gosh, bring back the old NFL Prime time man. I know they do it still on ESPN, but it just is not the same. These songs, I mean, the music to set this stuff up just reminds me so much of the golden years childhood NFL football back. Then, let's go ahead and finish our final divisional preview here on the Summer School Content series, taking a look at the dolphins own division, the AFC East. We're going to get to the Dolphins here in a second and probably breeze through the team a little bit, because if you don't know by now, then you're not listening to this podcast, obviously, But the Buffalo Bills come up first here, and they have put a stranglehold on the division ever since Tom Brady left.
Speaker 2: Brady leaves in twenty nineteen.
Speaker 1: The Bills take the division in twenty twenty and have not let go of but since, despite a near miss in twenty twenty three, kind of thanks to your boys here that didn't finish the job.
Speaker 2: To close out the division. The changes for the Buffalo Bills.
Speaker 1: They went defensive line heavy, adding Joey Bosa, Larry Ogen Joby, and Michael Hoyt. But Ogin, Joby, and Hoyt were suspended shortly after signing, so they're going to miss the first six games of the season, and that's a pretty big deal, especially for Miami on a short week playing the Bills up there in Buffalo. And also, Joey Bosa has an injury already, so all three of their marquee signings on defense are dealing with potentially missing time off the bat. That was a clear point of emphasis for them this offseason though, and two of those hole pluggers you banked on now set to miss one third of the season. Who knows with Joey Bosa, and if you take on further attrition there that would be less than ideal, right, especially again in a game against Miami where I think the Dolphins entire offseason, and let's go ahead and address this right off the top here because I heard this is a little more closer to when the move happened, that Darren Waller trade, and the concept that I saw from not just like run of the mill content creators, but Mina comes and ESPN saying that Darren Waller signifies the Dolphins desire to play like finesse football, And I'm just like, what about the fourteen other moves that don't say that? Jonas Avit, Naya, James Daniels, Farah Brown, Alex Madison, Ollie Gordon, Nick Westbrook, Akine. I just don't know where that comes from.
Speaker 2: I digress.
Speaker 1: So I think that plays big for the Dolphins approach the Buffalo Bills and watching Darren Waller's tape against the Bills, his best assignment was blocking Taron Johnson, which is how you get this Bills team on their back foot and run the ball down their throat. We're gonna do that throughout the course of this podcast, talk about how it affects the Dolphins. They did address the wide receiver spot, and teams will tell you where they have to get better right defensive line, wide receiver Josh Palmer the biggest get. They also go get Elijah Moore, which is kind of the guy that Bill's fans are saying, like, Oh, this is gonna be the gem we find who was a former second round draft pick of the New York Jets and hasn't quite worked out. He's had some spurts here and there, but hasn't quite been the player you would hope he would have been out of Old miss and then Lavisko Chanault there as well. They bring back Dane Jackson and Tredavius White after a couple of years gone, and that's the Rasull Douglas replacement, alongside Christian Benford and Tarn Johnson. Russell Douglas might be signed by the time we get to this podcast, but he is currently as of this taping free agent. They did lose Douglas, Amari Cooper, mac Hollins, Von Miller, Dwayne Smoot, Casey two Hill, Quentin Jefferson up front. Jordan Phillips might come back, but he's retired, going to retire right now as it stands. Micah Hyde also gone. They turn this thing over pretty much every year with the role guys. It's a kin to the Philadelphia Eagles, and they have some mainstays there, but they keep their core together. Of Josh Allen, they're gonna pay James Cook and it's whether he misses some time into camp. I don't think it's going to be a problem for them, Dion Dawkins and Spencer Brown. Really the entire offensive line is awesome at Oliver, Greg Russeau, Matt Mlano, Terren Johnson, and then they go to work something in the key cogs around those guys. Their draft was dubious to me off the top, especially with Maxwell Harrison dealing with off the field issues that I don't care to discuss any further, but that could be a thorn in their side time for a long time coming. It sounds like a pretty pretty rough story. He's involved with TJ. Sanders. I liked his tape a lot, and then Land and Jackson and Daon Walker. I just didn't see it for those two guys on tape. I know there were some fans of Land and Jackson like C. K. Perrett was a big fan of his, but I didn't see much explosiveness, especially from Walker, who they're going to have to have play snaps right away. Both these guys with those suspensions and injuries up front, the front office and coach continuity is copy pace from really the last decade, not that they've had they've had some coordinator changes, but no one does a bad job in the league of replacing from within and maintain that familiarity in continuity within the scheme and the language of the scheme, which is so paramount in today's league. They really underwent a philosophical shift offensively when they were six and six and twenty twenty three, and my friend Tyler Dunn wrote that great forty person testimonial piece about how the Bills were coming up short in certain areas, and all Buffalo did was when their next six games all the way to the AFC Championship game, and I was just like, dude, we had them on the ropes and then you got them all fired up with that hit piece. And since that move from Ken Dorsey to Joe Brady, they're eighteen and four in the regular season and three and two in the postseason. So thanks a lot, Tyler. I'm just kidding, but kind of not the film the calling card. I feel like this stat continuation of what we just talked about is the most instructive piece of information currently in the NFL. To me, Josh Allen is the best player, most important player in the league. And I would not offer a single rebuttal if you told me it was Patrick Mahomes or Lamar Jackson. To me, it's those three and then everybody else, with Joe Burrow right in reach and then a massive line of demarcation. Quit trying to put Justin Herbert in that group. I think Herbert's a very good quarterback, but he is nowhere near the caliber of these four players. But that shift coincided with a massive, massive reduction to his drop back percentage. And this is a tangent that breaches far beyond the Bills and pertains to the Dolphins as well, which again we'll get to in our capsule. But it's this idea that's no longer theory. It's reality. Defenses have caught up, perhaps past the offensive boom we saw in the NFL over the course of two decades, and more specifically down the back half of the twenty tens. And it's more complex than this, right, but it relates to coverage. Shells impact second level players that can defend the run just as well as they cover a big body defensive line who can two gap and play the run against light boxes. And if you can't, well, then the offense better be willing to take what's there, both in the quick game and in the running game. And that's where Miami came up short in twenty twenty four. The quick game was great, the running game was completely non existent, and you had to replace the running game with screens. And that's why the passing offense had the numbers it did because instead of running the football, they would throw screens and those plays would go for negative one or two yards or three yards, like not a lot to gain there. We talked about it with Steelers and Rogers and Rogers' willingness to lean into the running game back in Green Bay under Matt Lafleur, which produced back to back MVP years and the Packers were awesome those years. It didn't happen that way with the Jets. They got away from it a little bit in his last year in twenty twenty two in Green Bay. And if you look at his last three seasons, one loss to injury, his metrics, like QBR and EPA, they all fall in the bottom third of the league. So yeah, quarterbacks are important, but it's also important the way you support them and build things around them. And to bring it back to the Bills, Josh Allen is even more effective when the offense leans into that run game with James Cook. It gives a defense two thoughts at all times. He gets to play out of favorable down distances. And then the part that I think is vastly, vastly misunderstood by a casual football fan, and that's not calling names and just trying to educate, is the reduction of complex processing. And don't get me wrong, a rundown is not an off down for a quarterback, but it is a reduction of high stress processing of going through a pre and post snap checklist that can cognitively wear you down. Like it's not just about physical fatigue. You can get mentally fatigued. We talk about it in baseball like it's the same as a pitcher working through runners and scoring position every single inning. Eighty pitches of high stress you know pitching is a kin to one hundred and five pitches of like stress free Felix Ernani type of pitching, where you know each pitch is a meticulous thought opposed to being more aggressive with maybe like two outs to nobody on base like or like a golfer, and you hackers out there will get this. The hardest part of playing eighteen holes is staying locked in for each and every shot.
Speaker 2: Because we're human. The mind wanders. You can lose your focus.
Speaker 1: And for a quarterback, if we can supplement his skill set with that running game, then we can maximize his talents and keep him sharp for the big third and seven we have to have in the fourth quarter. And I feel like this is just advanced Josh Allen strengths. He's playing better in the quick game than he ever has. He's still an e f and load to deal with as a runner, and when he goes off script, he can burn you with his arm as well as anybody in the league. He does it to us every single year with one of those red zone scrambles, like on fourth down, up against the clock at the end of the half and you're like, oh.
Speaker 2: We got him pinned in.
Speaker 1: He's gonna lose the field goal opportunity, and then he throws a touchdown and you're like, damn it, that's a four point swing in the wrong direction for us. The Bills leaned into this, so they are further along in the run game of RPO quick game stuff and still have the intermediate deep game through Allen's playmaking. Separately, we have this conversation every year about the Bills amazing injury offensive line or injury luck on the offensive line. I don't think it's full proof, but they do a good job of coaching guys to protect each other with regards to finishing reps and not causing roll ups like they finish their blocks. Don't get me wrong, but they might not like put a guy to the ground because you could get rolled up if you do that. And these kind of things, you know, I think come with continuity. It's like a rich getting richer analogy of sorts. As for the personnel, remember when everybody wrote the Bills off as contenders last year because they lost digs and not having name power at the eligibles. I still subscribe to the fact that you need that to be where you want to be, and the Bills prove that every year by not, you know, making those deep playoff pushes for them they want to go. But I don't think the receiver and tight end group for this Bills team necessarily moved the needle, but they prove that they had a winning formula without digs and going to more of a ball distribution attack. This elevated the role of Khalil Shakur, who's target number one. And then I think Josh Palmer and the tight ends Knox and King Kid King Kaide has been a massive, massive disappointment for them. And the key on Coleman that you guys know, that's Kelvin Benjamin two point zero. I think Curtis Samuel and Elijah Moore are ancillary fits, but you know more role players that are subpackaged types of guys. And the biggest thing for them is the James Cook situation right which he's already said he won't skip games or even training camp, but there's a negotiation happening there and he's the best player in the skill group. Their hallmark is two stud Bookends and Dawkins and Brown, and they'll be term the same three guys inside with David Edwards, Connor McGovern McGovern and Osirius Torrance. Defensively, we're not gonna belabor this, but it's the same it's been since twenty seventeen. They don't leave Nickel, they coach up the dB to play above board in terms of the personnel. They even lost Tarn Johnson last year for a stretch of games and still pretty much put it to us, and they really flood their resources into that front. Their entire safety room was a development step into a starter process for them last year when they eventually lost hide employer who they had for the better part of a decade. Taylor Rapp has come a long way, so has Damar Hamlin, and he'll try to hold off last year's second round pick Cole Bishop, who I would actually pick to win that job over Hamlin. Rookie Maxwell Harriston's gonna compete with Dane Jackson, who's back after a year in Carolina, and then Johnson Christian Benford to the hallmarks of that secondary their beasts, But that Harriston and Jackson role, that's one to keep an eye on where you might attack if you're the Dolphins in the passing game. Matt Mlano and Terrell Bernard are excellent linebackers and they are deep with waves upfront. We talked about at Oliver greg Rousseau, de Quon Jones, aj Epanessa. They draft TJ standers, they're gonna get Michael Hoyt and Larry Ogan, Jobie Back and Joey Bosa, who's going to miss most of camp with an injury. I really didn't get to the Jackson and Walker moves, you know, beyond the first part, but they just weren't my favorite tapes. But they are buried on that depth chot right now. They're gonna have to play early on because of those suspensions and injuries, but I think they missed the boat on that one. The question can teams get hip to their run scheme and emphasize stopping that forcing Alan back into hero ball, it's the best time to kind of, you know, force him into turn over worthy plays. Then you have to convert those. Don't get me wrong, He'll make you pay for that from now and then more than anybody else in the league. And when they limited his mistakes, he was pretty much unstoppable last year. And I think if the run game slows, with their resources going elsewhere and then the rest of the eligibles, you might see Josh do a little more hero stuff with less separation of downfield threats. Defensively, it's the secondary, but they play so well to their rules that I've learned not to worry about personnel maybe not looking great in July.
Speaker 2: For the Buffalo Bills, the miscellaneous factors.
Speaker 1: They the number one easiest schedule based upon twenty twenty four records, which is never a great tell, right every year, every team is new and strength of schedule is essentially the same within the divisions. This supplies to the Jets, Patriots, and Dolphins too their trapped door scenario. There is no shade on the operation. But I think if they lost Josh, we'd see like the biggest swing and win loss record in the NFL. Like, I think it's a four or five win team without Josh Allen. Outside of that, I mean, everything that could go wrong did go wrong in twenty twenty three, and they still pulled in eleven six record out of their butts and out of the records that was six and six, it's seventeen.
Speaker 2: Nothing else matters.
Speaker 1: Conclusion, favorite in the division, favorite to make it to the final eight or four. Same questions for them. Will they ever get over the Kansas City Chiefs hump or the Ravens hump? We saw find out the New York Jets. The changes in personnel, A big change at quarterback going from Rogers to justin fields. Tyrod Taylor remains the backup that's the biggest free agent on offense, and then Josh Reynolds and Josh Myers, who I imagine are in line as the top reserves at both receivers and interior offensive line spots.
Speaker 2: The old line is low v though.
Speaker 1: They signed Derek Noddy up front and Andre Cisco on the back end, along with Brandon Stevens at corner, so some kind of you know, bargain type of free agents there. Those are basically one for one swaps. With their losses. They lost DJ Reid, who I think was the best player of the group we just talked about, and Brandon Eckles you guys now as a big fan of his. In the freegency process running up to the Dolphins, you know signings Ashton Davis, the safety. They also released c J. Mosley, but re signed Jamie and Sherwood, who filled in great for Mosley last year when he was hurt.
Speaker 2: Naught.
Speaker 1: He replaces Kim Law, Reynolds replaces DeVante Adams. To me, it's downgrades across the board there. They weren't super active in free agency, but they had another nice draft. I think that Armand Membo and Mason Taylor are instant starters, and the third round pick, Azia I can never get his name right. Aziah Thomas has a chance to earn a starting cornerback job. Steven's probably the top competition, but Stevens is a guy that really struggled last year. It's a whole new staff in front office. Aaron Glenn takes over. He brings in Steve Wilkes as his DC and Tanner Egstrand as his offensive cord. He came from the lines with Glenn. Darren Mogi takes over for Joe Douglas's GM. The Jets are interesting. I guess I wouldn't say it was an all in type of shot the last couple of years because they weren't able to get out from or they were able to get out from Rogers. I should say Adams, Mike Williams, Tyron Smith. It's not like those are suddenly big holes. I think there's questions about the number two receiver who that will be, and obviously Rodgers is a more accomplished quarterback. But I don't think any of those outside of the quarterback were these major shifts. I think the other losses were actually probably more impactful the film besides DeVante Adams.
Speaker 2: Let's go ahead and make that perfectly clear.
Speaker 1: The calling card a little bit of a projection here, because we've got a first time play caller who spent the last few years under Ben Johnson in Detroit, So I imagine there's some semblance of crossover. Wait wait, wait, going back, he coached under Jim Harbot multiple spots, So I don't know, but I know right, power, run game, extra offensive line, multiple tight ends, big backs, wide receivers who block. And perhaps that's the thought with bringing in Justin Fields, be more Ohio State Justin Fields than shoul Cut Bears Justin Fields. I think it's a good fit if they can make that happen. The knock on Justin and as someone that thought he was comfortably number two behind Trevor Lawrence in that draft class, a class that was billed as the next one and hasn't seen anybody hit outside of the last pick on the draft and brought pretty the knock on Justin Fields is the way he sees the field. He doesn't do it, He's not gonna do it, And I felt that was true of his Pittsburgh tape. But go back to twenty twenty two and remember how many issues he gave us in the Bears game with his leg. So if you can take that out of his equation, you will have a very limited offense here for the New York Jets. So I have to imagine it'll be a lot of core concepts, you know, mesh mesh, rail, smash dagger, where it's half field read. If you don't like it, just get out and create, and we'll support that with a strong running game. And for years it was the Jets offensive line that was a big problem for them, right, I think it's got a chance to be one of the best in football now. I love Fashanu and Membu. They killed it there. I think Vera Tucker is nice when he's healthy, Joel Tipman's a really good player, and John Simpson is probably their best free agent signing of all of last year. They also added Josh Meyer, so there's depth on the interior. I think there's a massive drop off though, from what Instrand had in running back in Detroit to what brys Hall and Brilin Allen are at replacement level running backs. For my money, Garrett Wilson bona fide number one receiver, But the question is who's next. Alan Lazzard had a bounce back a year last year, but Rogers is gone and he's followed him around like a golden retriever for his entire career. His calling card was his familiarity with a very cerebral quarterback. Honestly, i'd pencil and Mason Taylor for the second leading receiver on this team. I still freaking low that he went there in JT chanting Jets on Draft night, but hey, I get it, I get it, but I don't have to like it. Defensively, we talked so much on this show about the aggressiveness of Robert Sala, Well they might have found the only defensive minded coach in the league who believes in aggression more in Aaron Glenn. The Lions played the most man coverage in football, even as they were losing a pass rusher or cover guy every damn week. And with the Jets, well, Glenn's got the secondary he's always dreamed of, at least a corner by Sauce and Michael Carter will help dictate the terms there and that I'd expect Isaiah Thomas to beat out Brandon Stevens for the other starting job. Quite frankly, I think it's a big hole that will doom their entire style. When you're short on personnel, you just can't call it that way. You have to play soft zone, and we saw that with the Lions last year. Cisco and Adams is pretty much one for one trade off in the safety group. I was out on Cisco and the Free Agent film reviews back in February for our vacancy there. I like the starting lineup in the front seven. Quinn Williams is a straw that stirs that drink and allows them to play flexible fronts. The backers behind him Quincy Williams and Jamie and Sherwood this is a Sherwood stand account can make some plays Behind Quinn and the newcomer Derek Noddy. They need their first two picks off the edge to take to take a big step. The Reddick thing was a disaster last year, and Will Campbell and Jermaine Johnson need an extra gear this year to make this thing go. The question I make this comment all the time. It is so much harder to maintain elite defense than it is to maintain elite offense. In this league because you can keep a quarterback around and that kind of doesn't for you offensively, And the Jets are a team that could learn that firsthand. They built up this personnel for a particular scheme for a half decade now to pivot to a pretty different approach with different levels of aggressiveness. I wonder if they don't get the desire pass rush, if they'll back off how they play on the back end, and that's a change of who they want to be from identity standpoints. Now you get this crisis of who the hell are we because if you're asking brand Stevens to cover a Jalen Waddle and press Man for forty snaps a game, you're going to give up a long touchdown maybe two. And I don't think Johnson or McDonald are good enough to give Jackson and Paul problems off the edge, especially with how Miami can run the ball against this Jets front that still wants to play one gap aggressive upfield, and you can just pin them in and get the ball out on the edge and run the ball for one hundred and forty yards against this team. Then offensively, it's the third team for in three years for Justin Fields a new play caller, and I went on that big Die I trib in the Bills portion about changes in football landscape now more than ever. You need quarterbacks that can excel in the quick and short game, and I think that's where Fields has struggled the most. Onest factors, the schedule starts off harder and gets quote easier down the stretch. I think when you have so many new elements and factors, you kind of prefer the opposite of that. But hosting Rogers and the Steelers that feels like a class classic knife twist for a downtrodden Jets fan type of game, then the Bills, then the Bucks than us. I think they're going to start zero to four. The trapdoor scenario, I don't think it applies to teams that are this level of in their cycle. The conclusion, this is an information accumulation year for the Jets. They have to find out what they're going to be on defense, if Field is going to be the next Geno Mayfield or Darnold reclamation project. I think they'll probably win around the same number of games, maybe one or two less, but be better set up for the future than they were. If they get enough things right, let's go ahead and go to Foxborough and talk about the Patriots. The changes in personnel reminds me a bit of twenty twenty when the Patriots just went absolutely ham and free agency and everybody's like, hey, that's not a Patriots type of move. I think this haul, though, was far more impressive. With Milton Williams. I love his game. In Carlton Davis, I love his game. I like Marcus Harold Landry was the confusing one to me because he has not been productive but been injured. He got a big contract from them. But Robert Splane's been a nice middle linebacker for the Raiders for a couple of years. That's a total defensive facelift that had sort of regressed the last couple of seasons. On offense, they adds Toe Von Diggs and matc Collins, Morgan Moses, and Garrett brad Berry. They also lose Jacoby Brissett, Jonathan Jones, Dietrich Wise and Daniel Yuki Leiley did get that right, There was the most notable losses on that for the Patriots.
Speaker 2: This year.
Speaker 1: The Jets went full overhaul. The Patriots kept the front office and changed the staff. The Mike Rabel is the man in charge now. Josh McDaniel's back for his third stint for the Patriots. Zach Kerr is the acting d C, which is a funny title. He's got Mike Smith, Ben McAdoo, Doug Rowan, Thomas Brown, Todd Downing on the staff as names you've probably heard before. That's three ex head coaches in there. It's year two of Elliott Wolf and the post draft grades love the job he did this year now as high to see what the product looks like on the field. Those draft picks were Will Campbell from LSU, Traveon Henderson, Kyle Williams, Gokoogs and I think all three of those guys are going to start for them week one, and they got some good value on guys like Craig Woodson, who's going to be a special team's ace for years for them, Josh Farmer and Braden Swinson. The film they're calling card now. This is one of the more curious operations in the league to meet because Josh McDaniels is back for what feels like the twelfth freaking time in New England. He ran an offense along with Brady that was predicated on side adjustments, indicators of leverage to predetermine where the football is going to go. But most of all, McDaniels knew he had an extension of a football mind that was probably even better than his own running the show at quarterback. And that includes getting into good looks against whatever defense you'd see, and that includes the running games. So the big challenge for the Patriots this year is to pair all these freaking physical traits that Drake May has, and they are a plenty, we saw it in the game down here, but reduce some of the mistakes that plagued him both at NC and as a rookie last year. I suspect he'll grow and get better, but the question is how quickly he's still relatively green and for a good like you know, check, you know, touch, touch, some grass type of content here, Like we obsessed over what happens in OTAs in camp, right Drake, Go look at Drake May's reports and OTAs. He was throwing picks every single day, multiple day, But you don't care because it doesn't matter to you what other teams do in those time that time of year. I just think it's important to maintain that perspective and a big part of all that is a total remaking of the offensive weapons, which was necessary for them. And when you run an offense with those checks and adjustments, I mean, there was a reason why it was so tough for the Patriots to find receivers and the Brady years outside of their I use the term earlier, the golden retrievers. They would go out and found like a Chris Hogan or Wes Welker or Julian Edelman to link up with Brady. Kyle Williams is that dude wickuld release great route runner? Has the vertical speed going to be a problem. Go Koog's on pause for now, though Stefan Diggs needs to be the table center for the young room. They also brought in Matt Hollins, who's been a nice situational receiver and always a great special teamer. We'll see what happens by the time this comes out, but there was some rumors about a possible Terry Glorin trade. I'll just say, as a Dolphins fan, please don't do that. I love Terry and I don't want to hate him. I love scary Terry. Don't keep my out of New England. They made big changes to the offensive line, and they needed it there too, like probably more than the skilled group Will Campbell and Morgan Moses. The tackles a juxtaposition of young, ready to go guy versus old vet who's been there forever. It seems like they're been in league forever. I should say. Garrett Bradbury was cut in Minnesota, and he allows them to get Cole Strange back to exclusively the guard position, and then the tackle additions also allow Michael and one who to play guard where he's been best. It's a good five starting offensive lineman, but we've also seen this team have to go seven to eight to nine deep in the past. Their ultimate calling card is a really really good defensive coach, especially with how he's game planned us over the years. With the Titans. They can shrink the field, they can span the area as you like to attack, and it's incumbent upon you to find those vulnerabilities because he'll disguise them in a way that confuses the quarterback into crossing those areas off their checklist pre snap, and they can just then vacate that space like they can take a week side zone corner and kick him into the fit as a quasi will linebacker and you have a route over there on air and your quarterback doesn't see it because of how they've presented the well the presentation, it's kind of fun to watch unless you're playing against it. And they went to work restoring that side of the football too. Milton Williams got the freaking bag, and he's gonna have to go from a forty eight percent player closer to seventy five percent because you can't make that much money and be at every other snap player. That has to be the plan when you pay someone basically quarterback money. I love the Carlton Davis edition. Him and Christian Gonzalez, who is an absolute beast, is a really good combination there. You guys know how I feel about Kyle Dugger. The dude makes a play every damn time he sees us. They face the same dilemma teams in this stage of their cycle, typically due it's not incredibly deep. They've also got to find a pass rush because a lot of that hinges on a player who has struggled with this pass rush win rate and missed time with injuries.
Speaker 2: And Harold Landry.
Speaker 1: They also added Splaine to be the quarterback of the defense They'll have Christian Barmore from Jump this year after missing some time last year with blood clots.
Speaker 2: A lot to like.
Speaker 1: There maybe still some room to grow the question, I guess I covered it, but it's May's growth in a complex scheme. I think it could start slow for them, which good for us. We play on Week two, our home opener, getting on the same page with his weapons, defensive depth and expanded roles for guys that were role players in previous stops, miscellaneous factors. Teams that have this much change, I always look at the start of the schedule, like with the Jets, and the Patriots have a much softer landing. Three of the first four games are home dates with Vegas, Pittsburgh, and Carolina. I think they could win all three of those games. They could lose two of them. It's going to be, you know, coin flip games to me. And then they have the game down here against US, which I think is pretty much a scheduled loss with the Patriots. Hopefully want have to clip that off in September when I'm wrong about that, But I like Miami at home in September against pretty much anybody. They have to feel like they have to get two of those three, especially you know, coming down here to play against TUA, who they haven't beaten ever. The trapdoor scenario, I don't think it applies here. My conclusion, I think they're a step ahead of the Jets and could contend for a wild card spot, But I think there's a little bit too much new for me to go that far. I think this division is a lot like the others. We've previewed some severe lines of marcation, and to me, that line comes after our final team and our thirty two team round up the Miami Dolphins. Let's go ahead and breeze through this this exercise. Like, if you're listening to this and you've listened to the entire show, you should know this stuff in Zach Wilson, Quinn Yours, Alex Madison, Nick Westbrook, Aakine Farroh Brown, James Daniels, Jonah Sevit Naya, Larry Boram, Kenneth Grant, Jordan Phillips, Malcolm Butler, kJ Sorry, Matthew Butler, kJ Britt, Willie Gay, Ashton, Davis, iffimlafon Wu On the Way Out, Skyler Thompson, Tyler Huntley, Brahem Moster, Jeff Wilson Odell Beckham junior at Durham smythe tbron Arms said. The biggest one there probably Rob Jones, Kaleis Campbell not to dunk on Kalais, but and you guys pulled the tape up on Kalais the last month of the season. It's a pretty big fall off there. Anthony Walker ad Jalen Ramsey as well because he got traded as after I wrote this out Javon Holland and Jordan Poyer also in as Minka Fitzpatrick don't forget about him. Also out John Smith got to add that in the film the calling card outside zone running game with a lightning, quick processing release quarterback that can fit tight windows, exaggerate the overplay we get and incorporate vertical and horizontal stretch with speed and smart players. I love the change of pace we've built to the offseason. I think we have more of an adaptable offense thanks to Daniels and Savit Naya and the moves that tied end and wide receiver.
Speaker 2: We don't have to go into it too far. You guys know how I feel about this.
Speaker 1: I think the Dolphins have given themselves a chance to right the wrongs of the last three years. They didn't run it back much in the way they did in twenty twenty four. It's going to look different how they incorporate all of that. It's going to tell you how far this team goes. And I think they can. They can do a lot. I think you can really really get the best version of Tua. And it all comes down if he stays healthy. Right, That's that's the that's the question, right, Can Toua stay healthy. That's pretty much on offense. If he does, I think he's in it for a career year because of how they can support him. And you know, I think Tyreek, as much as I don't want to, you know, go down this road again, I think that he'll be motivated again. He kind of got, you know, his his personal pride was took a hit last year in terms of his production and the way people talked about him. I think the fact that he's running freaking ten one hundred meter dashes at thirty one years old and gaining a step is really impressive. So I do think that Twua was set for a career year, and if he has that, we're gonna be an eleven to twelve win team. I think that year two of the Weaver defense will be even better than what we saw last year when things clicked about mid season, and I think the piece is fit even better now, especially upfront those pass rushers stay healthy. It's gonna set the table for us to play to our rules on the back end and play good defense. On defense, the question can they coach up a secondary that's young and saw plenty of change. I think Minka dropping in there is going to make a huge difference, especially when you factor in the fact that Ramsey was gone like you were without him. To get Minca back in the fold, to pair him with Ifi Mela Fon, that's a really good safety group and can take some pressure off those corners. Plus he can play on the slot and move cater outside and give you some more of that flexible versatility. Really, the top four snap takers are gone from that side of the football. Right, Even if the two safeties were two of the worst players in the league last year, it has changed from a year ago. The miscellaneous factors. It's Ramsey, fuller ployer in Holland right, the miscellaneous factors. I think the ability to effectively shift the culture is the biggest one here, and the early returns have been good. But let's see how it goes after a loss or after Tua has to miss a game and Tyler doesn't get the targets he wants. Like, there's a lot of questions that go into this that are kind of intangible, and that's the biggest miscellaneous factor or the trapdoor scenario. It's to if he plays, we win. If he doesn't, we don't. It's that simple conclusion. I think we're very much a playoff team. With our quarterback playing seventeen games.
Speaker 2: I kind of like.
Speaker 1: Us being more under the radar this year, and I think that will fuel the guys. My divisions a perlatives. The winners the Bills obviously, the quarterback is Josh Allen. The best non offensive player is still Tyreek Hill. Well if he can. If he doesn't do it this year, I'll take him off there, but I'm gonna give him a one year grace period. I think Zach Sealer is the best defensive player. There's a couple guys in line for that, but I'm going to go with the home guy. The best coach is Shan McDermott. The best rookie is Kenny Kenneth Grant and Kyle Williams to me, and the best under the radar studs are Kyle Dugger and Jamian sure Word.
Speaker 2: So there you go.
Speaker 1: Thirty two teams previewed on the Draft Time podcast Last break right here, come back and finish up with my chat.
Speaker 2: With cater co Who.
Speaker 1: That's next Draft Time podcast, brought to you by automation.
Speaker 2: Joining us today is Dolphins cornerback cater Coo. Who cater what's up?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 2: How you been?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: Man, I'm chilling. How you doing?
Speaker 2: Not too bad? It's good to talk to you an official capacity.
Speaker 1: I see you around the building all the time we talk, but here we are on the podcast.
Speaker 2: I think for the first time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's the first time.
Speaker 1: I think it is, too man. So an your nerves coming, I don't think. I didn't think so.
Speaker 5: So.
Speaker 1: You're a pretty unique story in terms of your pat here and to this point of your NFL career. I think the question I want to ask you, cater is, if you know, going into your fourth year right now, what would you tell rookie caterko who about all the experience you've taken in the last three years, Like, what would you tell him is the most important thing that he asked to know going into his rookie season.
Speaker 3: Uh, just stay consistent.
Speaker 5: It's easy at the beginning to like kind of because you're more hungry and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: Was just stay concission.
Speaker 5: Find you something that you can do every day to kind of keep your mind like in a good space. But yeah, I think consistency is like the most important thing.
Speaker 2: Is that your message to the other young guys we have in the room now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely, consistency.
Speaker 5: Whatever you find something, you just got to stay consistent because if you're doing the same thing every day, it's gonna kind of keep you on the same path, so you know what to expect and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Kind of like a grower dive.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 4: Deal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you're taking on a bigger leadership role this year, is what you know You've you've talked about a little bit, coaches have talked about it. What does that look like for you kind of portraying that message and then some more probably.
Speaker 3: I think more so just doing the right thing.
Speaker 5: I don't always think that the leader has to be somebody that's overly vocal. You know, you're gonna have to talk a little bit here and there, but I think it's more about just showing them the right things to do, how to practice, and the standard every want around a building.
Speaker 1: Because you've seen some leaders, Yeah, exactly, super vocal in the past, especially in that cornerback room. So you probably took from those guys and over your time with you know, playing with X, playing with Jalen, playing with all these really good cornerbacks, Like, what's the what have you noticed about like the really good players and how they approach their business? Like is there a common theme across those guys?
Speaker 3: Yeah, most definitely. Uh.
Speaker 5: I think first the first thing that probably sticks out is like just the passion that they had for football. It's not just something that come in. They really enjoyed playing football. They love making plays and stuff like that. And just the confidence. You I feel like, playing defensive back, you have to be confidence because as soon as you lose that, you kind of lose your edge and stuff like that. So I feel like that's one thing they all had in common.
Speaker 1: Do you know when you first fell in love with football? Like, was there a time or like a certain period.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I started playing football and I was in eighth grade.
Speaker 5: But I think I really fell in love with it when I moved from running back to corner my junior year and high school.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what was the why the change? Because were you just better at corner?
Speaker 3: Like, what was the Well, we had a running back.
Speaker 5: We had like two running backs in my grade that were actually real good, So I don't think I was ever going to play there, So I just to figure out another position to play in the corner. It was just from the size and stuff like that that you moved me to the corner, and I'm glad they did.
Speaker 1: I listened to the Movelessticks podcast lot with Dante Jeremiah NFL Network, and he always talks about how, like when you're young, go play corner.
Speaker 2: Right now, there's too many receivers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, definitely, everybody wants to score touch.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm pretty sure like every draft class there's more DBS draft than in receivers.
Speaker 2: That's something.
Speaker 1: It's crazy, but maybe it's maybe it's the fact that there seems like receivers the position where rookies kind of hit early.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Way, I mean your first game you balled out here, I'm talking to the wrong guy, but it seems like it's easier to to kind of get a feel for receiver early.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, most definitely I feel like that too.
Speaker 1: What do you what was the biggest challenge you had to kind of like learn because obviously you played right away, he played as you know, a kind of some some sub packages. Right. I'll never forget that first game against the Patriots. I remember like, cooh, all right, all right, we got we got something here. But what was like something maybe like a hardship early on or something that you struggle with where it was like, Okay, this is something I'm gonna have to focus on, kind of have to like, you know, really attacked to make sure I'm the best version of myself.
Speaker 3: Really just having like a broader understanding of the game.
Speaker 5: Coming from college, especially Division two, I feel like the football knowledge is not, like I thought, as hard as like somebody that went to I want to say, like Alabama and stuff like that. So it was more so just learning like the little tricks and like in the NASA the game to help me play faster and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that makes perfect sense. And you wind up going from you know, inside to outside. And I'll never forget last year Coach we Ever mentioned several times how valuable you were to the team because you helped you know, Kendall and Jalen be able to be flexible. What are doing all that over the course of three years teach you about the game or maybe the position in general.
Speaker 5: That nickelin outside corner two different positions, completely different positions. Like outside corner you're more on an island. There's more like vertical routes and stuff like that. I feel like a Nickel, you're kind of like a boy safety. You have to play the run and when you're in man that's not really like the sideline help is not right there, Like they have equal space on whichever way. That is hard to release. So you just got to understand that. But like at the nigga position, you always gonna have a safety over the top. So it's it's just like learning just the low tricks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but all two way goes.
Speaker 3: Yeah exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: One thing I always love watching about your game, and I think the numbers prove us out too, is like the screen game. Yeah, whether you're making the tackle or you know, taking the point man down. I just feel like if twenty eight is out there, no four now, so my bad, my bad. I was thinking of that first game across, but there's four he's either taking the receiver, the point man off, or he's making the tackle. Don't don't tell everyone you're your secrets, but like, why are you so damn good at stopping the screen?
Speaker 2: Uh, crack on yourself for a little bit off a can man.
Speaker 5: I'm not gonna lie, you know. I think it's just one of them things. You just kind of have a feel for it. Uh, you know, going throughout the game, you kind of have to, like I said, get a feel for it. And then just certain situations just seem like theres are screen down, so you might want to tighten up a little bit, and then if you're telling me at a certain depth, maybe cheated up a little bit so you can react a little faster.
Speaker 3: But I think it's just like a field.
Speaker 2: Thing, like tendencies of the offense.
Speaker 3: You can exactly.
Speaker 5: Then certain receivers they do screens to certain receivers they don't do it too so if they move a receiver to a certain position, you kind of intended have to kind.
Speaker 3: Of go up.
Speaker 1: That's that's probably part of the maturation process you had in terms of like how to watch film. Yeah, exactly, what's what's been your favorite thing about playing for coach Weaver here in this.
Speaker 5: Defense we've he gives you the opportunity to kind of just be yourself. He doesn't put limitations on too much. And he's like a great listener. If we have something that we feel like is not working, or if you feel like we have something that might work and we're not doing it, He's always willing to listen. He's not like stuck in his ways, and he's he's like a great motivator.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I really have enjoyed getting to know coach YEA. Yeah, let's let's finish up with this. What do you got going on the summer?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 1: You know, we got a few weeks after this after mandatory MIDI caamp raps up here and then we get back to training camp. But what are you looking forward to getting to this offseason?
Speaker 3: Uh, just getting ready for the season.
Speaker 5: I know usually have six weeks, but we have five this year, so it's a week shorter.
Speaker 3: So just really just getting ready for the season.
Speaker 5: I don't have anything playing right now, just working out and getting ready for training count.
Speaker 1: Just resting up, getting ready, good stuff. That's kind of been the answer I've gotten from all the guys. So it sounds like no one's a too interesting thing besides football. Yeah, cater Coo, who appreciate your time today, man, Thank you so much. Love that dude, cater Coo who the last interview here, the last podcast before we get into five days a week. It's been a nice vacation, a nice little bit of time off. Family's doing great, by the way, you guys keep asking me about that, so I appreciate all the love and the messages you guys have sent. Family of five now, Caroline Cameron Willow.
Speaker 2: We are a very very happy family.
Speaker 1: So appreciate you guys hanging with me here and kind of you know, keeping up on the content in a strange portion of the calendar. But that's the last kid we're going to have. It's impossible to have anymore if you get my drift. So we're going to be locked in from here for and I can't wait to show my kids Dolphins football and bring them out to hard Rock Stadium and be the add that hopefully the kids brag about to their friends because of my cool job. So really fun summer. Let's go ahead and put a pennant right there. Come back on Monday, we're gonna break down the offense and preview every single player on this roster defense on Tuesday, and then Wednesday we have practice. So and speaking of training camp, and it is the most wonderful time of year. That's right, Miami Dolphins training camp right around the corner, and you can reserve your tickets right now. The Dolphins are back on the field for Back Together weekend on July twenty sixth, a Saturday first Dolphins practice open to the fans in the public. The Dolphins will take Sunday off and be back on the field for a Monday practice on the twenty eighth, as well as the twenty ninth and thirtieth, all open to the fans. After a Thursday day off on the thirty first, Miami's right back to work for the first second and third of August, all those practices open to fans as well. The next practice available to the fans August the sixth, and then a pretty good gap there with the joint practices up in Detroit and Chicago. Miami's back for three more practice is in front of the fans here at the Baptist Hill Training Complex. August eighteenth, August twentieth, and August twenty first. That twenty first date is a joint practice against the Jacksonville Jaguars. So July twenty sixth, July twenty eighth, twenty ninth, thirtieth, August first, second and third, August sixth, August nineteenth, August twentieth, and August twenty first against the Jacksonville Jaguars. Book your tickets now on Miami Dolphins dot com. There we go very very long episode of the podcast. Here. You all please be sure to subscribe, leave us a rating, leave us a review. You can follow me on social at MENFL NFL. You can follow the team at Miami Dolphins. Go ahead and check out the YouTube channel for draft time content, Dolphins HQ, media availabilities, and so much more. Last, but not least, Miami Dolphins dot Com bins up until next.
Speaker 2: Time, Carolina, Cameron and Willow Daddy.
Speaker 1: He's already