Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty arms Strong and get and he Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 2: Kids don't like capitalism. And I think a lot of it has to do with social media. The clickbait, right, rage bait works better in social media and gets more people's attention. And if Mundominie is out there saying you're getting free housing, you're getting free transportation, you're getting cheaper groceries, and that's what they're going to respond positively to.
Speaker 1: Is there any way that can work? No? No, of course not.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: We w estate in America. That's great. Mark Cuban, one of the most successful capitalists in history as a billionaire, saying to Bill Maher when Bill Maher asked of that work in New York, saying no, of course not no.
Speaker 3: The other guy, whoever it was, oh Andrew Ross Sorkin talking about how we have a financial illiteracy problem. That's one hundred percent correct. Yeah, absolutely correct.
Speaker 1: Well, because the freaking teachers are socialists, so no, they're not going to teach you the financial literacy. That says, no, capitalism, free markets are good in this way, and here's why rent control and government run grocery stores and all these things have been tried don't work. Your teacher is not going to do that because they believe in socialism. Right, God, what's really interesting.
Speaker 3: You can talk people out of believing in rent control, for instance, in three minutes. And three minutes is a little luxurious. You give me two and a half. I'm pretty sure I can get it done. But if you're never exposed to that sort of thinking that again, socialism is the greatest scam ever designed, I think. So I'm on that topic kind of sorta in the next stuff.
Speaker 1: We're going to talk about it. Andrew Ross Sorkin, who's the hero of the left for you know, financial stuff, said no, it can't work.
Speaker 3: Right right, Yeah, So this is kind of a looking at the left thing having to do with online culture. But I came across a piece, really well considered and written piece in the Free Press about how a lot of young conservatives are getting swept up in really ugly stuff online into you know, neo fascism and the whole, like, uh, the man is for the whole what's his name?
Speaker 1: Cooper?
Speaker 3: Who talks to a Tucker and tries to claim that Churchill was a bad guy and Hitler was misunderstood all.
Speaker 1: Those historian Darryl Cooper, who's not actually.
Speaker 3: Not an effing historian, right exactly, And how a lot of young people on the right are getting swayed by this stuff too. So it's not entirely a lefty proposition. But the headline in the Wall Street Journal over the weekend, Girl, take your crazy pitch bills. Antidepressants recast is a hot lifestyle accessory. Influencers taut the drugs, but many unsuspecting followers find the side effects to take the fun out of life, and they give a bunch of examples of like this one stay at home mom she felt lonely, overwhelmed at times, paralyzed with anxiety and self doubt, and so she heard a former MTV star talk up lexa pro on a podcast. She searched for the drug on TikTok. Her go to information source and found hashtag lexapro talc and similar niche online communities where women in their twenties and thirties praised the benefits of antidepressants. She posted a video asking for help. Someone recommended a telehealth company. She answered a quick questionnaire and an online nurse protect practitioner slash drug dealer prescribed a generic version of Lexi pro bottle arrived a couple of days later, and then this.
Speaker 1: Gal, wo, that's that easy to get on the SSRIs. I mean, most doctors are going to throw it at you anyway, based on my experience. But she didn't even have to leave her house.
Speaker 3: So she immediately starts posting TikTok videos of herself running to the mailbox for a pill package, taking a dose, using such hashtags as lexapro batties and get help Mama. In the months that followed, she gushed over the pills to her thousands of followers. For a time, she belonged to a social media movement that's given antidepressants a makeover from a stigmatized medicine to a healthy lifestyle accessory, friend lightened and empowered young women.
Speaker 1: When did it get stigmatized? I must have missed that because gazillions of Americans are on it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well it's gotten less stigmatized. But here's my favorite part. Millennial and gen Z influencers, some paid by telehealth companies, evangelize antidepressants on TikTok and Instagram using hashtags like live laugh, lexapro, lexipro, girly, lexa ho and zooft gag lexaho. I know, recasting the medications as popc alter touchstones, and on TikTok hashtag antidepressants has surpassed one point three billion views, etc. Then they go into this list of you know, attractive young women and stato moms that tout the benefits of the medicine and get thousands of followers and talk thousands of people into doing it, who they then give them up and wean themselves off because it makes them miserable and ruins their lives. But they do that pretty quickly or quit it pretty quietly. Rather and the videos of hey, here's my actual long term experience, those don't.
Speaker 1: Get nearly as many of you. I'm sure, that's sure. I know plenty of people that are on SSRIs who swear by them and are happy with them. But if you are put on them or go on them and you don't need it, I guess it makes you really flat and life feels quite unpleasant.
Speaker 3: Right, crushes your libido, weight gain, et cetera. Just yeah, everything is kind of flattened. So anyway, I just thought again, this is the democratization of ideas, where an idea can reach millions of people worldwide, when if it was just happening in your town, the person you know selling it would be told over and over again that's a bad idea, and probably let it drop. And on a similar topic, I found this really really interesting. Who did this twenty twenty four presidential election study big survey mental health challenges are an important part of my identity? Among boomer males, seventy three percent of them essentially said, no matter what psychological challenges I face, I will not let them define me.
Speaker 1: Right. That used to be a feeling for most people is like you, you would not allow yourself to believe you have any of those things. And then even if it were true, proven, you'd want to kind of keep it on the down low because he didn't want it to be your thing. Well, and I.
Speaker 3: Wouldn't want people to look at me and say, oh, there's Joe he has anxiety.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: I mean, I know there's a dozen things, maybe fifty things I'd rather have.
Speaker 1: You say, and there's Joey's nahole.
Speaker 3: I mean, for instance, it's better anyway there's Joe man.
Speaker 1: Can he dance, so please like a stare please? Uh so.
Speaker 3: Seventy three percent of boomer males essentially said, no matter what psychological challenges I face, I will not let them define me. Seventy two percent of gen Z females said essentially, mental illness is an important part of my identity. Seventy two percent said mental health challenges are an important part of my identity.
Speaker 1: Yeah. That has been my experience in a variety of ways with that generation, in hiring them for sitters in a variety of different things. Is everybody explains really early on what they're I have anxiety, so I have to do this, or I've OCD or whatever it is, right right?
Speaker 3: Both gen Z men and women view their mental health as an important part of their identity at a rate over five times that of boomers. For instance, Well, unless you're older and you grew up in that culture, how are you ever going to go through a rough patch in your life now where you wouldn't take some sort of drug for it, Because, I mean, all your friends are.
Speaker 1: And rough patches. I've had rough patches that last a freaking long time. I'll tell you that. Sometimes they do. Oh yeah, sometimes my own decisions.
Speaker 3: I've witnessed young women bonding over their mental health challenges. It's it's part of the whole you know, lionization of the victim, victim culture in essence, and it's supported online in a lot of ways that are really really interesting.
Speaker 1: Maybe I don't be a lesson that they teach you more people as you might go through not might. You will go through many periods of your life where there are weeks or months or maybe half a year where you're really down because this or that happened, and then you'll come out of it right, but you'll feel like, I don't know what the point is because you're on a journey to discovering what the point is, and sometimes that takes a long time. That's not mental illness, that's life.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I think it's worth going back to the previous article that was pointing out that a lot of these people are sponsored by the people selling the pills. Of course, yeah, but they dress it up in like there's this one influencer, what's her name, cute chick, you know, dressed kind of sexy, she's funny, she's wacky. Elena Davis, thirty five year old influencer, made this video in twenty twenty three of her dress like she's going out to the club, laughing and taking her pills and making a big deal of how great it is. She weaned herself completely off them a couple of years later because they essentially screwed.
Speaker 1: Up her life. Yeah, good lord, the internet is a bad place to be. Did plug it? Did the laws change around medicine somewhere where these doctors that have never met you can prescribe you things that you used to have to go see here? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's been kind of an evolution through the de evolution because there's.
Speaker 1: All kinds of drugs you can get on just by basically you just pay for them and you check some boxes on a form and they say, sure, we'll send them to you.
Speaker 3: You've never met me, you haven't taken any blood work. That reminds me, I gotta pop my daily VIAGRAA. I like to be ready, you know, like the boy scouts say, be prepared.
Speaker 1: Huh, Well that's interesting.
Speaker 3: Okay, oh speeding young woman thing. Thank you everybody for recommending it. I've already seen it. I'm editing it. An absolutely brilliant piece about the feminization of America and the effect that that has had and it is well. I just called it brilliant already. I will reaffirm it's brilliant, and we'll bring it to you tomorrow, maybe in this hour tomorrow. Anyway, a word from our friends at web Root. Far scarier than any haunted house or a skeleton on your neighbor's lawn is being vulnerable to cyber criminals. Seems like every day they're cooking up new ways to trick you, text scams, data breaches, something new every day. That's why this cyber scariest months. You need Webroot total protection.
Speaker 1: From lightning fast anti virus to identity theft protection with dark web monitoring, a secure VPN, an unlimited cloud backup. Webroot Total Protection helps defend every part of your digital life and with up to a million dollars in fraud expense reimbursement twenty four to seven US based customer Sport, Yes, customer Sports in the United States. I love that and new text scam detection. You're backed by powerful protection that's built for today's threats. You like the US based support. I'm kind of a fan of Lolavis here to day, what.
Speaker 3: Uh what change your October from Cyberscarrey to CyberSecure with sixty percent off webroot Total Protection at webroot dot com slash armstrong. That's sixty percent off for a limited time, but only when you go to webrout dot com slash armstrong. Don't wait one more time webroot dot com slash armstrong.
Speaker 1: Like I know the weather's nice and maybe they're biting, but don't go fishing off the coast of Venezuela right now. Trump had some strong words for the president down there. Also some new news about peanut allergies. It's good news for the first time in the long time. And a bunch of other stuff on the way. So stay here.
Speaker 3: Are you strong?
Speaker 2: That Maduro offered everything in its in his country, all their natural resources.
Speaker 1: He even recorded a message to you in English recently offering mediation. He has offered everything. He's offered everything.
Speaker 3: You're right, you know why, because he doesn't want to fay around with the United States.
Speaker 1: Thank everybody, Thank you, thank you, everybody. Lange from the President of the United States saying that President Maduur of Venezuela does not want to blank f around with the United States, which he probably doesn't.
Speaker 3: Actually, no indeed, he's making a show of toughness, but behind the scenes, of course, he's saying, hey, let's ratchet this, oh buddy.
Speaker 1: So we blew another drug boat out of the water the other day. Two people survived, and they were sending them back to their countries of origin or something like that.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, yeah, and talking tough to the good folks in Colombia as well, really tough. We used to have a pretty decent relationship with him, but then they start to electing leftists and going back to the whole coca production thing.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, it's a different story. Last week, we were mocking health advice that experts had been giving us throughout the years. It turned out to be not only wrong, but the exact opposite of what we should have been doing. Each trans fat, Yeah, eat trans fat instead of butter. Is like, you would only give that device advice to someone if you wanted to kill them, or if you hated them. You didn't have the nerve to shoot them, so you try to kill them with art attack, right, So we've been doing the same with kids and peanuts for twenty years. It turns out, actually you've known this for a while. The rest of the world has known this for quite a long time. I will read I think we had this guy on back in the day. He wrote a book called an Abundance of Caution. Anyway, he said, and this comes out of the headline peanut allergies have plummeted in children. Study shows why is that? According to this guy who wrote this book, they're out of fashion. American pediatricians, the experts recommended against early exposure to peanuts for kids. Do not give little kids peanuts, do not let them eat anything with peanuts in case they have analogy. And we've been doing this for twenty years, which was the opposite of what we should have been doing, causing great harmed, untold numbers of kids. They did this because despite the facts that for decades, for instance, Israeli kids had been eating peanuts from a young age in a very low incident of pena analogy in lots of other countries, and even despite a belated shift in US guidance, evidence was there in the open that exposure was exposure to peanuts was preventative, yes, Yet out in an abundance of caution we went the other direction, leading kids to live lives where you have to be scared to death of ever come in contact with one molecule of peanuts, or it will kill you. Right.
Speaker 3: Well, that reminds me so much of study after study has shown this. I mean, it's absolutely unmistakable. Kids who live in societies where they're not hyper clean, they let the kid crawl around on the floor, they got animals coming in and out of the house or whatever. They have far far fewer allergies and much more robust immune systems. Keeping kids hyper clean doesn't do them any favors. I'm not in favor of letting your kid crawl around in an outhouse or whatever, but you dive down into it particularly bad example.
Speaker 1: I don't think anybody was going to do that. Well, I picked an.
Speaker 3: Extreme, but yeah, it's that's not doing your kid any favors, keeping them hyper clean. But zillions of dollars worth of products are sold to you, and they convince you that to be a good parent, you should never expose your child to any dirt or grime or germs, or certainly not peanuts.
Speaker 1: So so what happened here? You had so some people are allergic to peanuts, very rare in its natural setting, it would seem so. But then so you had a couple of kids got die, and then we went crazy the other direction, like some people well of peanut or allergies, we don't have why, so don't let any kid eat peanuts. And then you created this allergy yes, and lots of kids to where you can have peanut butter sandwiches at school and people live in fear for their kids' lives because they actually have been an analogy.
Speaker 3: Now you get pretzels on airplanes, which is fine because I like pretzels. That's that's why, probably a.
Speaker 1: Lower concern with me, kids living their lives of fear of dying. But Joe did not get peanuts on airplanes. So let's I.
Speaker 3: Found them very satisfying. You snacks go, I don't appreciate they are.
Speaker 1: I eat lots of nuts. We might actually start endorsing a particular nut company because they are an appetite suppressant. I really like that about nuts. Oh, I eat nuts all the time. I love them. Yeah, Katie, grow up. No, I will not grow up. You're about to be a mother. Yeah, exactly, You're about to be a mother, and a kid's gonna be hilarious. Probably, I bet my bottom dollar Armstrong and getdy. So it's fourth down and one yard, fourth and one. The Chiefs at least pretend they're going to go for it in the football game yesterday against the Oakland or sorry, the LA Raiders. Even Tony Romo, the announcer, though new they weren't actually gonna go for it. They were gonna do what they call a hard count. The quarterback goes up there and goes hike, and you try to get the other side to jump off sides because they get all excited. And then you get a penalty, and then you get.
Speaker 3: Tossed out, and so you have the guys shift around, and then you go again. Then you have them shift around again. The defense is like, would you stop it? We're not gonna jump it.
Speaker 1: Basically never works. But anyway, this is how it unfolded yesterday on fourth and a foot, try to draw them off side. Sorry my home, says coach.
Speaker 3: It doesn't they go yeah, they got Yeah, you would get up on that one.
Speaker 1: You thought for sure it was a draw. Didn't you read drop off side? I believe Peter Carelly even knows this. So what happened there was it was a fake play. It was a fake hard count. Patrick Mahones goes up to the line and says loud enough for the microphones to pick up effing never effing works.
Speaker 3: And he's looking toward a sideline like, why are you making us to this stupid thing?
Speaker 1: Bad? And then when the Raiders are probably either laughing or relaxing or whatever, they do hike the ball and run the guy and then they make the first down. That's a pretty funny play to run, especially when you win forty one to nothing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'd have kept that one under wraps for when you really needed it. But the fake, fake play.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no kidding, Save that one for a serious game where you actually need it. Anyway, that was fun reading this in Bloomberg yesterday, Bloomberg, which I just subscribed to cat Can I do this? Y'all? Who can do this? You're better than me? So the world is crafted this way in so many different ways. Like Amazon suggests go ahead and buy whatever you want to buy because our return policy is so great. But a lot of it is thinking that people like me will never get around returning it a healthy enough percentage. It's a winner for them. Lots of businesses are you can return the same time you want, but you know, I'll even send you the label, but they think you'll never get around to it. A lot of subscriptions are We're going to give you an incredibly low price to subscribe to this. Now it goes up at the end of the month, but the first month is so cheap. How could you not? Right? And I think, you know what, that's perfect, like I just did with Bloomberg Bloomberg News dollar ninety nine for the first two months. Then it goes to forty dollars a month, which is a lot change. We have forty forty dollars a month after the other news. After the first two months. All I gotta do is reach remember to cancel it before the two months are up? Now, will I remember? No? But I'm gonna try very hard this time. Set yourself a calendar alert, an alarm, I do that sort of thing. But I'm such an f up that, oh yeah, there's the alert. Good for me. So as soon as I get home, I'm gonna go or whatever. But so they were talking about this article from several years ago that got a tremendous amount of attention about avocado toast. If millennials are so poor, is all the millennials talking about we can't own homes, we can't make it like you could, and blah blah blah. If millennials are so poor, how come they eat avocado toast? It was this guy who writes an economic column was always out to brunch on a Saturday or Sunday morning into place is packed with millennials eating twenty dollars toast, And he said, this doesn't fit in with is it just life decisions? Why you don't have any money? There's an there's a certain amount of truth to that. You've been to Europe, you eat avocado toast, but you don't have a down payment for a house. Do you think any of those things fit together at all anyway? No? No, Okay. When I was your age, I hadn't been to Europe, but you've been all over Europe. Okay, what it is. But the point in Bloomberg is that those days are no longer true anymore. The statistics for American millennials have changed rapidly. Some fifty five percent of millennials now own homes. On average, millennials, and this is the stat that blew me away. On average, millennials are now nearly a third richer than baby boomers were at the same point in their lives adjusted for inflation. Wow. So it's just not factually true that millennials are so much poorer than previous generations. Are behind the eight ball. I think the expectations are way different. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Probably, But well, the oldest millennials at this point are in the forties.
Speaker 1: Is that right? I can never remember the two machine GPT what the millennial age is there, forced Katie, Millennials are from Wonderever. It's funny. I did this just yesterday with gen Z because my kids were wondering if they were gen Z or not, and they both are, and then they got into an argument because my fifteen year old said, you're not gen Z. I mean, technically you are, but clearly not. You watched completely different YouTube videos than I did when we were kids and stuff like that. Wow. Slicing it very thing. That's something to gauge it on. Millennials are from eighty one to ninety six. Well it is, actually if you were born in eighty one. Yeah, heck, mid forties. Yeah you so you're forty four. But so fifty five percent of millennials now on a home and on average, millennials are now now nearly a third richer than baby boomers were at the same point in their lives. The Federal Reserve Bank found that millennials own one point three five dollars for every dollar boom did at that age. Okay, boomer, uh. Millennial household's average net worth was around ninety dollars in twenty sixteen, but it's now estimated to be four times that size, having ballooned at an unusually fast pace. A lot of it having to do with where the stock market is now versus where it was twenty sixteen when that article came out about avocado toast and whatnot. One of the interesting things about this, though, is that the gap between the richest and poorest millennials is now sixty four thousand dollars wider than it was for boomers when they were the same age. Oh my, so there's a real have and have nots among millennials now. I like to just because it reinforces my own life choices, like to believe that a lot of your financial situation has to do with the choices you've made, not only like education and employment, but how you spend your money specifically. And again, this is a burn my saddle because every poor person I know, and I've hired many of them, who complains about being broke has been to freaking Europe. I had been to Europe when I was that age. You maxed out your credit card, you backed pack across Europe, and now you can't afford I almost dropped an SMO. Now you can't afford us. That's not my fault. I wanted to go to Paris too, but I didn't. You know why, because I didn't think I could afford it. And you know what, I was right, I couldn't afford it. Yeah, so true. Oh boy, do you know how often I ate out? And we didn't have avocado toast back then? Being how often I ate out at restaurants? And as that age zero zero, I never ate out at a restaurant. Why I heard of restaurants? Did you not know they're there? I couldn't afford it? Yeah, yeah, Oh.
Speaker 3: I came across just a great indictment of cal Unicornia, and it's kind of a warning for Mamdani voters about how it's so called progressive policies have absolutely you know, how do you want to put this in case? Income inequality in cement? They make upward mobility impossible. Progressive policies paralyze upward mobility super interesting.
Speaker 1: Maybe squeeze that in next segment. Let me read just a little more from this because it's interesting. And I ended up getting in a conversation with my kids about how the whole generation thing has a lot of flaws, because I mean, you can't cut it off right at nineteen eighty one, like Joe and I are gen Z by one year. But the idea that we're drastically different gen X, the idea that were drastically different than the people one year older than us.
Speaker 3: Is of course silly. I can't even talk to my sister, she is a year older than they. I don't even know what the hell she's talking about, going on about Hitler and winning the Great War and.
Speaker 1: The rest of good exucid. I don't even know that's funny. Americans all ages have a penchant for latching on to stories that label the generations neatly. It's an inclination that can veer into tribalism, which is why Harvard professor Lewis Mendend has compared generation this is this is up our Alley has compared generational analysis to astrology. It is practically that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, gen Z came up with that whole generational analysis because they're so stupid.
Speaker 1: Generations do play an important role in our lives, but not a solely determinative one, of course. And while it's easier to blame older people for an economy's failings and simpler to use averages to frame an unexpected recovery, broad generalizations distract us from the two challenges, true challenges of the world with live and blah blah blah. I like this one. Avocado toast wasn't the first trope millennials were fed about themselves. In the years just after the two thousand and eight financial crash, the predominant narrative about millennials was one of laziness and entitlement. Their supposed intellectual failings were profiled and a famous book called The Dumbest Generation.
Speaker 3: Yes, well, we let the schools get away with not teaching them anymore. So to what extent that is true?
Speaker 1: You know? Word of blame and Time magazine had back in the day about millennials the me me me generation. Millennials are lazy, entitled narcissists who still live with their parents. What's just fact what's not true in that headline. So a couple of thoughts.
Speaker 3: I've always hated the whole generational analysis thing, honestly, because you know, I look at my so called generation. You put me in a room with nine other gen X people. The number of people I'm willing to say I'm just like them is it might be one, and I probably.
Speaker 1: Shouldn't because that person's better than me. Well, I mean, it's just silly.
Speaker 3: A bunch of their cultural commonalities, but a bunch of them would be twenty years younger than you, so you would not have a lot of commonality on a bunch of things. The second thing is, I've learned so much from the world of sport, and you know, I tried to teach my kids this, but no longer am E their sole influence, and it's too bad. And at least one or two cases, we would show up to a baseball field and I was often playing third base at that time, and the infield would suck. It was uneven, there were rocks in it. I was gonna be getting ground balls in the teeth all day long. It was like, oh my god, here we go. Both teams were playing on the same field. What are you going to do? You're there, that's your situation, that's your reality. Or like in golf, it's a miserable, cold, rainy day, somebody is going to walk away with the trophy in their hands and be able to talk about it for the rest of their life.
Speaker 1: Show up and play. So the field the other guys played on was better. What do you do now? Show up and play? I say you go to the latest brunch place and have some avocado toast. I do enjoy. Show people pictures of your backpacking around Europe. Then talk about how you can't afford a car.
Speaker 3: My yarco was so amazing. It was so amazed. Was a little spicy there. That's the Spanish though, they're spicy cooking.
Speaker 1: All right, I've probably made you so.
Speaker 3: How California has kept the people down, that's weird. That's the opposite of what the Gavenuseman progressive say they're doing.
Speaker 1: And this is pretty funny.
Speaker 3: I don't want to give it away, but a belated Happy Columbus Day slash Indigenous People's Day to everyone. A humorous note on that celebration coming up next.
Speaker 1: And you are right. The key to the Patrick Mahomes thing is that he had two f words. Yes, this is effing never effing worse. Makes it so much better? All right, you got lots on the way, stay here. Hundreds of people in Portland sent a message to Ice to leave their city by riding their bikes naked through the rain. And you're not going to believe this. It didn't work. Portland's going to Portland, you know.
Speaker 3: So a belated happy Columbus data all who celebrate maybe it's Indigenous People's Day to you. I love this from the Beacon, Washington Free Beacon. A lot of Democrats burnished their woke credentials course by celebrating about and talking about Indigenous People's Day.
Speaker 1: And they have a list.
Speaker 3: The official ex account for House Democrats posted a picture of a bison.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 3: Governor Tim Waltz of Minnesota, remember he was going to teach America the new version of masculinity. He attended a Native American ceremony, according to his website, on the shore of Bidimachaska, which is probably just some suburb of Minneapolis. Representative Ayana Presley declared, we are all on stolen land, alas the esteemed Congress show. That is true, but so is everybody else. Yeah, so's everyone else.
Speaker 1: So we stole it from stole it from somebody else. Yeah, exactly. That's the main thing is whoever we stole it from, stole it from somebody else.
Speaker 3: So here's the business end. Anna Presley declared, we were all on stolen land. Alas, the esteemed congresswoman declined to set a timetable for vacating her million dollar plus vacation home on Martha's.
Speaker 1: Vineyard or noepe as.
Speaker 3: The island is known by its rightful owners, the Wampanogu tribe of gay Head who need to change that name.
Speaker 1: Not a good name anyway.
Speaker 3: Some Democrats weren't so keen to acknowledge the made up holiday. Barack Obama, who owns a nineteen million dollar waterfront mansion on stolen wampanog Land, declined to comment. Elizabeth Warren, the Pow Wow Chow cookbook contributor who made history as the first woman of color on the Harvard Law School faculty, was also eerily silent. Could have something to do with the fact that Warren, sometimes referred to as Pocahontas or foca Hontis, advanced her career by falsely identifying as a native American.
Speaker 1: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 3: If anyone exists on stolen Land, it's Warren, the fake Indian white lady who amassed a fortune by exploiting affirmative action. She lives in a four million dollar Victorian mansion near the Harvard campus, founded on the ancestral lands of the Massachusetts tribe.
Speaker 1: She lives in as a socialist, lives in a four million dollar house. That is correct. Wow, that's absolutely I think I'm going to have a beer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would do drink up. Hell, you got you fooled everybody. So do we have time for this barely great piece by John Fund National Review. He's talking about The Road to Serfdom, the brilliant work by Friedrich Hayek middle of the twentieth century. It warned that socialism, which he saw really taking hold in Europe Britain in particular, if it took hold in centralized economic planning and control, it would lead inevitably to the erosion of individual freedom and opportunity. And sure enough, he's right to the people in Eastern Europe took fifty years to successfully revolt against their masters. And they segue in this discussion to a demographer at California's Chapman University, Joel Katkin, who's written some really interesting stuff. This model could best be described. He's talking about California as oligarchical socialism, the redistribution of resources that would meet the basic material needs of the working class and the declining middle class, but it would not promote upward mobility or threaten the dominance of the oligarchs. This represents a sea change from the old industrial economy. Rather than acquiring property and gaining some self sufficiency, workers can now expect a surf like future of rented apartments and frozen prospects. Unable to grow into property owning adults, they depend on subsidies to meet their basic needs. And he's describing how California now makes it super easy to live, you know, subsidized rents, rent control, whatever, you know, lots of generous social programs.
Speaker 1: Food.
Speaker 3: But they've crushed business. They've crushed on for entrepreneurialism. It's you can't start a business in grow it in California unless you've got superhuman stick to itiveness. They've crushed upward mobility while waving the flag of look at us taking care of the downtrodden. They've done the worst thing you could do to the downtrodden. Keep them down trodden.
Speaker 1: Text We got about the last segment before we take a break. Yeah, I'm changing the radio station. Too much yelling and screaming, too much coffee. You think it's entertaining, it's not. It's irritating. I'm gone, Okay, I apologize for that. Have a good day, yo, Come dee o, go with God. My friend Armstrong Engeddy on Demand is the name of our podcast. Sorry for the yelling and screaming. Maybe they'll be less in the future, or turn down the volume. I don't know so much yelling. Armstrong and getting Onto is the podcast? Bring up more in the way. Stay with us, Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm