Speaker 1: Oh, you're in for a treat today because one of our most iconic second daters is back.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, still needs.
Speaker 1: Our help or needs our help again, I should say, which is a bummer because he is so iconic.
Speaker 3: He is, he is.
Speaker 1: You're gonna do Yeah, You're gonna know this guy immediately. Hey, welcome to the brand new Second Date Update episode. Thanks for being part of the podcast. And I love when you let us know what you think, how you feel about the show, maybe your opinions on how it went, or you know how you started listening. Whatever you want to say, you like to read it. Well, this one says, y'all, crack me up. You're like free therapy and I listen to you at eleven pm every night. What more could you want? Hey, Harrison here, listening from Dubai.
Speaker 4: Session should be a thing.
Speaker 1: We are not a therapy.
Speaker 4: As I go to bed is when I think about all the problems in my life.
Speaker 1: It's always hardest tonight. Yeah, that is how it is always for everyone. I'm glad we got you through that awesome. Thanks for leaving that comment and for listening all the way from Dubai. That's so cool starts now, Yeah, exactly exactly brand new second date.
Speaker 2: Second date update on the phone.
Speaker 5: Right now, we have a return caller who's more than just a man, he's an artiste. You may remember Kevin from a previous second date call where he decorates the inside of his fridge as part of a.
Speaker 1: TikTok trend fridge escape Kevin.
Speaker 5: That's right, freeg Escaper couldn't be more thrilled to have him back on the show. Kevin, real quick, could you remind us what happened the last time you were on with us for a second date.
Speaker 3: Well, I had a girl rumming place and I ran out toilet paper for her.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you'd used it in this sculpture that was inside your fridge, right, yep.
Speaker 3: She didn't like that I thought of using the toilet paper out of fridge.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, okay, well old toilet paper actually pro tip.
Speaker 1: Yeah, those reasons you get ruined art just for the bathroom.
Speaker 5: People are particular about lots of weird things. So obviously she wasn't your match. But you're back today cause maybe you found yourself a new romantic interest.
Speaker 2: Is that right?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Okay, did she get to see your fridge scaping skills?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: Actually, uh, TikTok train kind of died out now, so.
Speaker 1: Oh, you're not doing it. You only go with the You don't do it because.
Speaker 3: You like it. No, Yeah, I got a new got a new thing.
Speaker 1: I'm so curious. What's your new hobby.
Speaker 3: Yeah, do you guys know microwave mosaics?
Speaker 2: Microwave mosaic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it sounds like it shouldn't be metal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what is that?
Speaker 3: So what I do is I rearranged the leftover stains into abstract pieces. The splatter patterns like they tell a story.
Speaker 5: Now, wow, inside your microwave, that's actually you turn that into like a scene.
Speaker 1: What do you mean? Do you like painted onto like what it looks like you painted onto a canvas or what?
Speaker 3: No? I just leave like soup in their way too long, and then I take some pictures of it.
Speaker 1: Oh, I would have totally earned you an A in one of my art classes in college.
Speaker 2: Right back to this new girl. What's her name?
Speaker 3: Her name is Audrey?
Speaker 1: Okay, and how did you meet Audrey?
Speaker 3: I met her at Michaels when I was picking up some art supplies.
Speaker 2: Okay, to shared interests.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's pretty awesome. Like I was picking up a jumbo of googly eyes and she was getting some sort of acrylic paint, and uh, yeah, we just started talking about art.
Speaker 4: Is a conversation starter at checkout for sure.
Speaker 1: I think that's so fun, Like our art is so important, you know, especially to your life. So that's cool that you bonded over that immediately.
Speaker 2: Very true.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just asked her if she wanted to grab a drink sometime, and she gave me your number, So.
Speaker 2: Well, there you go.
Speaker 1: Isn't that wild? Like Michael's the hookup Spot?
Speaker 5: I know, it feels like fate intervened in the arts and craft section.
Speaker 2: Michaels is a good.
Speaker 1: Place to find a grill, I mean hot tip. Make sure you have the app in the coupons because you could really save somebody.
Speaker 3: A lot of money.
Speaker 2: Okay, you lost me there, bro, Yeah, it's like the granny tip. But where did you and Audrey go for your date?
Speaker 3: Well, the date sort of didn't happen, and now I feel bad about kind of how I'm down. You know what happened? Well, I had a reservation at this bar and we were supposed to meet up there. Okay, you know, I even brought my whole portfolio to show some of my microwave put mosaics to her because I thought, like she's an artist, she's gonna appreciate this. And Okay, I get there first and I'm waiting for her. Fifteen minutes goes, by twenty thirty she's not there, and then after one hour she finally shows up.
Speaker 2: Oh she does not shocking no apology.
Speaker 3: I mean I'm super upset at this point, like I'm like internally fuming. I just decide, you know what, I'm leaving.
Speaker 5: Whoa some of those artists creative types, not as like on schedule, but late.
Speaker 4: The no apology. I mean, it doesn't mean it's excusable, but at least have some empathy, Like was.
Speaker 2: There a conversation that happened at all?
Speaker 3: I mean it's just like hi, she said, and I was like bye, what?
Speaker 1: Oh you didn't explain why you were mad?
Speaker 3: Was she is an hour late?
Speaker 1: I know, but you didn't even give her a chance to apologize, Like she literally said hi and then you said bye? Like what if the apology was coming.
Speaker 3: Well I wasn't. I didn't hear anything, so I would.
Speaker 5: That actually makes you have to wait till at least after dinner to get the apology and then you can storm off.
Speaker 1: Are you regretting that because you're calling us to get her.
Speaker 3: Back, right, I mean that's the thing, Like, that's why I'm calling, because she did text me after the fact and was like what you did was rude. Oh you have no idea what I'm going through.
Speaker 1: I mean she's going it's rude, I will say, like, I mean her showing up that late is also rude.
Speaker 2: But like without any texts.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I didn't even say like, hey I'm running late, that's even happened.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's got a huge car accident. You left be where she got to tell you.
Speaker 2: Well, if her finger still works, she could at.
Speaker 1: Least be like, I mean, did you ever find out?
Speaker 3: No, at this point, like I reached out and like I don't know if I'm like blocked or what what not, because there's just like no response.
Speaker 5: And man, I don't know who side to be on because they both were kind of balanced rudeness.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, they both have.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's one of those situations that I think we could maybe fix. Honestly, Yeah, it sounds like it went from zero to one hundred way too quick in frustration.
Speaker 5: So yeah, Kevin, do you still want to, like try again to get another date with her out of this.
Speaker 2: Is that your home?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah? Yeah, like just like a read you.
Speaker 1: And how are you gonna feel if she doesn't apologize? Still? Oh?
Speaker 3: Any good question? I hadn't thought about.
Speaker 1: Okay, think about that one.
Speaker 5: But she doesn't get to see his microwave Mosaic portfolio.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's gonna be her loss.
Speaker 3: True.
Speaker 1: I bet the tomato soup one is gonna be one of the faves.
Speaker 3: Have you seen it? Do you follow me?
Speaker 5: You gotta DM some of the photos though over to us just on Brooks profile.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, out.
Speaker 1: And the oatmeal because that oatmeal always.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this is a totally different segment of the Microwave Mosaic Art breakdown.
Speaker 2: We'll do that on your Fun Little Side podcast.
Speaker 5: Yea yeah, all right, but now we got to stick to the second date update. Hopefully get some answers for Kevin and find out why Audrey didn't show up for an hour.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I hope we're not prying.
Speaker 2: I hope we are. We'll do it with your second date update right after this second date update. You know, a true.
Speaker 5: Artist is able to move between mediums like Picasso did when he shifted from his blue period into surrealism.
Speaker 1: That's correct.
Speaker 5: Technically, and it was not the right Nobody likes that person, Brook, Okay.
Speaker 2: You're not backing down.
Speaker 5: The point is our listener, Kevin was able miraculously to move from fridge scapes into microwave mosaics.
Speaker 1: Yeah, show me those splatter patterns.
Speaker 5: He takes photos of abstract soup splatter in his microwave and posts them online.
Speaker 1: Did you should try? Butter? That stuff explodes like.
Speaker 2: Crazy, and she's telling you you're doing your art wrong.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not excited about it, Jeff. I want to like.
Speaker 2: You're telling him how to do it.
Speaker 1: Sorry for suggestions, Jeff, I will never suggest anything ever again.
Speaker 2: Suggestion.
Speaker 5: It is an aggressive suggestion. But Kevin wears his emotions on his sleeve, and if I'm reading him right today, he's feeling a little guilty.
Speaker 1: Wow, apply how he's feeling, Jeff. Okay, maybe should.
Speaker 2: Kevin am I in the ballpark?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: This is maybe having an internal struggle here. Can we call you back tomorrow?
Speaker 5: The issue is Kevin's date showed up an hour late, and when she arrived she said hi. Kevin just said bye.
Speaker 1: Which I don't blame you like waiting an hour is Oh god, I can't believe you did that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Afterwards, though, she did send a text saying you were rude. You don't even know what I'm going through right now. So that made Kevin feel like, oops, maybe he messed.
Speaker 1: Up, which is kind of a good life lesson. You know, you just don't know what people are going through. Ever. Oh yeah, I mean, as soon as we get her on the phone and we get you on as well, are you wanting to apologize.
Speaker 2: Or lay into her? Oh?
Speaker 3: I do want to hear what she has to say, which is what I didn't do in the first place. Okay, And also I really want her to see my portfolio, right because she's an art lover too.
Speaker 2: We want to see it too, or for something else. But anyway, is the only one who thought I can't get into the mind of the artist right now?
Speaker 1: There are a lot of horny, weird men and that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm just gonna call Audrey and hopefully we can move past the mental images going.
Speaker 2: On in my head show All right, here we go. Hello, Hi, is this Audrey?
Speaker 6: Yeah? This is her.
Speaker 1: I'm so excited to talk to her.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we're all excited to talk to you, Audrey, because you're on a radio show right now called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the show, Audrey, Good morning.
Speaker 6: Yeah no, I'm all sad. Guys, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Because it's not a telemarket or call.
Speaker 5: We're doing a segment from our show. This is called a second date update. Have you ever heard of that before?
Speaker 6: I guess how did you get my number?
Speaker 5: We have a listener named Kevin who says he went out, well, he almost went out on a date with you recently.
Speaker 3: Oh god, I know, I know.
Speaker 1: It wasn't a good interaction. We know that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, no, I mean did he even tell you what he did?
Speaker 1: Then?
Speaker 2: It walked out.
Speaker 5: The full story that we heard is you had planet date at a restaurant. You were running about an hour late. There wasn't a whole lot of communication, and so when you arrived, he just decided to get up and leave.
Speaker 1: Like you said hi, he said bye.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean like I showed up and he never even asked me why it was late. He never TechEd to see if I was okay, you know, if I was going through something.
Speaker 1: Interesting, and he never text.
Speaker 4: Didn't you text him at all? Like, oh my god, it's fifteen minutes late. I should probably say something like I.
Speaker 6: Was, you know, I was going through something and I just it wasn't okay, I'm going to get there when I was going to get there.
Speaker 2: That's understandable.
Speaker 5: And Kevin has looked back on the entire experience and he feels like he messed up.
Speaker 2: That's kind of why we're calling.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 6: Okay, Well, what if I told you guys that one of my parents had passed away that day?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Oh so sorry, that's terrible.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean I tried to pull myself together after I had like an hour to process it. What and I made my way over to the restaurant and then I walked in and he was just so cold to me. And I know, I.
Speaker 1: Can't even believe that you even, yeah, showed up. I mean maybe you were just in shock.
Speaker 5: A personally, but for most people, yes, that that is that's a lot.
Speaker 6: Well, I mean, in my defense, it didn't. They didn't really die, but like they could have and at least then like he could have asked me what he should have asked me? What was going Wait?
Speaker 1: Wait wait wait wait, hold on, I died, you know, she didn't say someone died. She said her parents died her your parents didn't die.
Speaker 6: Well, I mean I said, what if my parents died? Like if that was a scenario.
Speaker 2: Oh, that was a theoretical situation.
Speaker 1: I just felt really terrible. Yeah, that was an emotional roller coaster. Really, I didn't know. We're playing what it Let's emphasize the what is maybe stronger next time. Yeah, I definitely.
Speaker 6: Well, I mean I was trying to just give it a example of how you don't know what's going on in somebody's life, you know, like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, he went with a really dark example.
Speaker 1: Yeah, can you just tell us what was going on with you? I mean, we don't mean to pry personally, but I just need a recovery. I like, it's sadder than that. I don't know if I want to know, what was.
Speaker 2: The real reason that you were an hour late?
Speaker 6: I don't know. Maybe if Kevin were to ask me, then maybe i'd answer him, But I don't think it's really any of your business.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well that that works.
Speaker 5: Sure, it Actually it works perfectly because Kevin is on the phone on the other line right now, waiting to talk to you.
Speaker 1: OHI he almost felt like the worst person in the world with that parent.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what did happen? I still don't really understand. I get it that maybe you were going through something, you know. I feel bad that I didn't give you a chance to explain yourself.
Speaker 1: She's still there.
Speaker 6: I mean, well, what if I told you that my parents passed?
Speaker 3: What you already did?
Speaker 5: That he heard that part, Audrey, Wait, you were here the whole time, yes, listening, so he knows that that's not true.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So why were you really late?
Speaker 6: If you really want to know? I kind of just forgot about it.
Speaker 5: Oh wait, what's worse the parents passing or her forgetting about It's pretty close.
Speaker 1: Why is there no in between? Forgetting is forgivable? I don't know. I forget stuff all the time if I don't put it into my calendar, Like, you got to be honest about it.
Speaker 6: Well, because he had, he had texted me, you know, where are you? And then that's when I realized, like, oh god, I forgot. I'm supposed to go on a date with that curly haired art guy. And I realized, and then I tried to get ready, and you know, like I where we were meeting wasn't super close, so I needed time to drive, and I got over there, and you know, I show up and then all of a sudden, he's just like bye. And I was like, Okay, you didn't even give me a chance to say anything.
Speaker 1: What were you going to say?
Speaker 6: I mean, I don't know I was gonna say something about my parents.
Speaker 2: I don't know You're gonna lie to it. She's gonna say what if first though, I told you, Kevin? How are you feeling hearing all of this?
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm just kind of like wondering what if I told her when I was about ready to store her off like that I had to go because of my parents funeral?
Speaker 1: Why are we both growing hypotheticals at each other? Like really dark one Now?
Speaker 6: I just feel like you're being petty.
Speaker 3: I'm just using the example that you use Audrey for me. So if I'm being petty, then that's your fault.
Speaker 6: God, Okay, no, that's not No. Those aren't even close to being the same.
Speaker 3: Exactly that, it's the literal same.
Speaker 1: They're doing it again, though. They're trying to out petty each other again, just like they did that first night. I know.
Speaker 5: The thing about a successful relationship is somebody has to be willing to admit that they were wrong and they messed up in order to move forward, and you both.
Speaker 2: Kind of messed up in your own rights.
Speaker 1: Right, it's powerful to apologize.
Speaker 3: No, I mean you're right, that you're right. Somebody needs to apologize. I'm gonna give her three seconds to do it.
Speaker 2: Oh all right, Audrey, ball's in your court. Do you want to out an apology?
Speaker 6: I think you know that it's going to take me at least an hour.
Speaker 1: Wow, I don't think so.
Speaker 3: Some nuggets of truth to it, And I can't believe like that I was actually going to show you my microw with mosaics, like I've never even shown that to another woman in person.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, Audrey, did you even know he had those?
Speaker 6: He told me about it.
Speaker 3: He wouldn't shut up about it. Oh well, well I've said it before and I'll say it again. Bye.
Speaker 2: WHOA does want to date Kevin?
Speaker 5: You can't say bye because I haven't even asked Audrey yet if she would like to go out on another.
Speaker 2: Date with you. Because Audrey, if you're up for it, we would pay for it.
Speaker 6: Oh wow, look at that. I just got a text that I think my parents.
Speaker 3: Passed the.
Speaker 1: Information to deliver via text, Kevin.
Speaker 2: At this point, you want to check in with her and see how she's doing.
Speaker 3: I mean, are you okay, Kevin?
Speaker 2: She was being sarcastic with you there. Her parents aren't dead.
Speaker 3: All right, Kevin?
Speaker 6: I think he stood in front of the microwave too many times.
Speaker 2: We're never having two artists on the same call ever. Again, this is too messy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Kevin, you need a date an accountant.
Speaker 5: Jeffrey in the morning, and that whole call really symbolizes the state of dating today.
Speaker 1: Do you think it's that bad?
Speaker 5: The degree of petting this where you just can't let the other person win or feel good about anything. No mistake will ever go unpunished in the dating world.
Speaker 1: Oh God, that is a bleak outlook, jeff I thought you were going to come with something more positive and helpful.
Speaker 5: She completely forgot about the date and then tried to gaslight him and make him feel guilty by inventing dead parents.
Speaker 3: D is.
Speaker 1: I think that's so understandable to forget, like she actually put effort into still and then she made it worse. Yeah, yeah, gasp.
Speaker 4: But for me, I'd be like, oh, if I'm not important, if you remember our first date. If you're not excited about it, then important.
Speaker 2: It's showing up an hour late, really putting in a lot of effort.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, I think it's forgivable to forget a date, like especially a date of a person that you had a brief interaction with. You know, if you don't write it down, how do you remember. I think that she could have just been honest. But for that there's.
Speaker 5: Another theoretical out there that you just can't work with anymore.
Speaker 2: Any great, but it didn't happen. I don't know.
Speaker 5: If this doesn't make you feel optimistic about love, what will?
Speaker 1: Mosaics were pretty uplifting, that for.
Speaker 2: Sure field inspired.
Speaker 5: So make sure to go find our podcast, Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning Home of the Second Date Update on Apple, iHeart, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts YouTube do