Speaker 1: Show off. Let's play ball. Welcome in everybody to fantasy pros. This is leading off, brought to you by bet MGM, the King of sports Books. It's me, Joey p joke with me today with me today is the Welsh. Of course he is back. I'm sorry. I'm in in a haze of trying to help my children pack for our trip to Florida. And you know, Welsh kids, they're a little smaller, you know, your kids than mine. So I'm not sure if it's easier to just pack for them when they're little, or to supervise them packing as like almost that pre teenage. I don't know. I'm not sure which is more stressful. I gotta do it yourself.
Speaker 2: Do it yourself, that's the that's the way to do it. Don't give them any future life skills. Just do it all yourself so it inconveniences you just a little bit. Florida sounds like quite trip.
Speaker 1: Joe, Oh, it's going to be.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: Look, I'm looking forward to it. I haven't been on a proper vacation and well, I don't know, three years, so I'm looking forward to getting on a plane with them and really doing that. That's gonna be good. So Welsh is going to hold things down next week. Well, I'm not around. I got two days with a star, studied a group of friends as always, So you got you got Bogmin for one day. Is Bubba doing the other one? Is that?
Speaker 2: What I know? We got Bogmin for two days and then we got Bubba for two days. So we've got the super friends that are coming super fund I love that.
Speaker 1: I love that. Yes, doctor Glenn, I am coming to your house, so that's I'm gonna stop over hang out there. You're gonna be in Orlando, Florida. By the way, Welsh, did you pick Otani last night? I'm trying to remember if.
Speaker 2: That was Tani was my leftover, so I'd love to take credit for it, but he was my leftover on the sheet after he absolutely murdered that ball at what felt like actually eleven PM my time, So I don't know were you even awake when was doing that business?
Speaker 1: Completely not. I woke up this morning and I saw the highlights of it and they were very impressive. And more and Otani a little later on the show, because we're gonna examine those odds again. But let's get at it. So Otani was incredible, two homers, eight ribbies. He's pitching today again here we go. We talked about the number as it fluctuates, as it moves the numbers as high as five to one. More on that in a second, because there's been some other MVP movement in the National League too. I want to bring attention to Olsen also hit two home runs for the Braves yesterday. Bobby Wit hit two home runs. So lots of double dongs here hanging out for a lot of the guys in Major League Baseball. Freddie Freeman had five ribbies in a big win there for them. This is how you win without Mookie Betts. Freddy Freeman has to step up into that void. Jorgel Farro stepped up, had a walk off hit to give San Diego a major league leading eighth extra inning win. And I feel like sometimes, Welsh, when you have these teams that win extra inning games, You've seen this with certain teams in the past. They start to think that they're invincible. And that's a really dangerous thing for a team that's got as pitching rich of a rotation as the Padres are. When they believe that they can win any game, and it's all going to bounce their way typically mentally it starts to work out.
Speaker 2: That way, yeah, I mean, and also like they had to lean on the pitching more than anything else, Like I don't think I'm not sure if they're gonna walk away with confidence like hah, don't worry in the later innings we've got whoorhale farrow everybody, Like, I don't think that's exactly gonna it. But I will tell you as far has actually been pretty solid and actually picked him up. I put him in on one of my few waivers over I think it was on tout this past weekend. In these two catcher leagues, the only two catcher leagues I play in are the two industry ones. Funny how that goes, isn't it too? By the way, Joey, I just want to point out, well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, everybody talks about since the standard of what everybody is playing, except the fact that they don't they still play two catcher leagues.
Speaker 2: And yeah, that's what I'm saying. I'm in like like eleven leagues and the only two that I'm playing in are the industry leagues that like the two catchers I hate two catchers. I hate one catcher leagues. Yeah, to be honest with you, so I got to play in these two catcher leagues and whorehial Far is a relatively intriguing guy because he's more and more and he can also play some other positions. He's more and more than the guy that they've leaned on and continuously keeps going.
Speaker 1: The lack of evolution in some of those formats, I just I don't get it, like I just don't understand It's it's we decided this twenty five years ago, so therefore this has to be the standard of how we do it forever and ever.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, it is. It is the epitome of baseball. Let's just point that out for a minute, Like the fantasy baseball industry has so many elements of real baseball and lack of innovation, getting mad about anything new and saying this is the only way to do it, because.
Speaker 1: So the unwritten rules of fantasy is two catcher leagues. Is that it?
Speaker 2: I guess, yeah, you gotta have that. Yeah, a few other ones.
Speaker 1: But we'll do that out there. Goodness gracious, Yeah, a few other ones for sure. All right, more headlines here. Zach Gallon struck out eleven. If only there was a show Welsh yesterday they told you to smash the over on the k prop. Oh wait there was. It was this show. What a wonderful time to be alive. George Springer had an elbow issue. He will not play today. Marco Gonzalez was good against the A's over seven innings, and Nolan Gorman four for four with two homers. Lots of double dingers yesterday, and everybody had trout, including me, and of course Otani was the guy to do it.
Speaker 2: So you know, I want to point out, can you imagine being that how awesome that Angel game would be to be at two? It's like two Otani homers, two Wit homers. I was trying, but I cannot find it, at least over on DraftKings. Just wanted to do a little peaky peek since I know we're going to be looking at some future award bets a Rookie of the Year, just to see where it sits. I mean, Julio keeps doing what he's doing, but I don't know. Bobby Witt having his first multi hit homer. Just curious, just curious if the gap close a little bit. Ping is on the il that gap closing at all, Wit, do anything for you. I don't know what the number is, though I can't.
Speaker 1: I will, I will, I will tell you the number. I will get it for you on bettingpros dot com. I'll get the consensus line. It's still Julio for me. But look, Bobby Wit, I think I still have my Bobby Wit share. I did not cash it in because it was too good to cash in, you know, I figured, well, let me hedge myself just a little bit on that one. Speaking of injuries though too just everybody knows sal Perez left the game, reaggravated the thumb injury. That's not good. It's very frustrating. And Fernando Tetis Junior is beginning of the dry swings. Now. I did a video yesterday about the Bilos and the Celle Highs, so one of them was tatis because I felt like, this is your window, and well, should I talked about it? I think it was you and I. It could have been boggling yesterday. I'm not sure all kind of runs together, but this is kind of your window to buy tattas because if somebody paid a little bit too much for him and they've been waiting and waiting, they're getting frustrated, and maybe it's hurt them, Maybe it's hurt their roster construction. It's a perfect time to say, let's pluck him off there, maybe have him back in three to four weeks on your team, and you might be able to get him for I don't know. I mean, maybe Glaber Torres gets it done or something like that. I'm just saying, like some teams that spent too much draft capital early on tattos might be hurting and the lower end of the timetable or the original expected timetable might be frustrating to them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe I find it. I think it's that that in general might be a reach in a lot of leagues, especially like the ones that I would play in. I don't think anybody at this point, especially when there's any type of like positive, that even if there's no positive or a little positive as songs, there's no negative, no one's really gonna move off of him. I think the way you do trade for him, though, is you've got to be the person that takes a hot now piece and move it you've got. You can't trade like an underperformer. You can't trade kind of a boring player. You have to trade like you know. What popped in my head was like a John Birdie, like a John Birdie and maybe another little piece, you know, you do something like that, a guy who's stealing bases like crazy, or maybe Birdie in general, because someone's like, you know what, guy looks like he's gonna keep going. He's at the top of the stolen base marker. Screw it. I don't want to I don't need to worry about this. I think it has to be something you're a little uncomfortable moving. But at the end of the day, I totally agree. I'm gonna try whatever I can to do. With Fernando Tatis, he was seen doing some doing some swings and it looked like a I don't know, if you saw the video that was out out there, it was like some weird vip BP room. It didn't look like a normal batting practice room. It did honestly, it looked like there might have been a cover to get into the back of that room. And he was taking some swings with a bat. He was taking the swings of the bat, and yeah, that's a good sign. It's a really really great sign. Post All Star break watch out for him. If you can trade for Tatis, you absolutely should. I think it's just a lot harder than it's conceptualized.
Speaker 1: What was that phrase you coined at the beginning of the Tattoos rang You just went on hot hot young what guys? Hot guys, hot guys, hot guy, legit hot guys? Is that it was?
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yeah, like a legit hot guy, like a real hot guy. Because it's like like glabor isn't like the hot dude. You got to get like someone.
Speaker 1: The jit hot guy. That's what you did right now, hot guy? Do you want to talk to legit hot guys? Called this number? All right? I do have your number, by the way of the Rookie of the Year, you want to take a guest before I tell you what it is? What the number?
Speaker 2: I remember correctly? Last time? It was like one twenty five Julio nine hundred wit? Is it like one fifty seven hundred?
Speaker 1: It is five point fifty Bobby Wit In the consensus line eight hundred is still in one spot though on Fox bet you could get an eight hundred for Julio. It's even money even minus in minus on vet MGM. So you already minus won twenty five there, so you know, Bobby Witz definitely closed the gap, but it's it's certainly still a gap. I guess that's the point of to make when it comes to that. I think it's still Julio's award to lose. But look, Bobby WIT's making it a run, that's for sure. And the National League, you know, in the National League is still you know, kind of the same. Nolan Gorman's worked his way up now to five to one. Mackenzie Gore is a four to one. It would not shocking if Homer went past him in the next couple of weeks. And board Spencer Strider is up to six fifty though. That's one that's really intriguing right now that I think has kind of the bullet, you know, I gave the little thing attached to it with a little upscale whatever, you know, like the little arrow going up thing is the one for me that's kind of got that right now that I'm fascinated by. I don't naturally work in the year. I have not made an investment outside of Hunter Green, which I still don't understand why he does have better numbers than he does right now.
Speaker 2: Chris for his number because I love Spencer Strider, I really do. But he got lit up the other night. Gore's got lit up a little bit. They're getting figured out a tiny bit.
Speaker 1: Fifty to one right now, fifty to one, fifty one.
Speaker 2: Who the hell is number one?
Speaker 1: I'm just saying he's fifty to one. That's I mean, the number one is still with Enzi Gore.
Speaker 2: Oh Gore?
Speaker 1: Really fifty to one? I mean, kyvatet Rouiz has a better number than an Hunter Green, a top hitter.
Speaker 2: Who's the top hitter Nolan.
Speaker 1: Gorman right now on the National league.
Speaker 2: Side, who's the second.
Speaker 1: Cruise who's been up for I hate them all?
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I don't.
Speaker 1: That's why I keep saying Hunter Green is this long shot of all long shots. I mean, geez, I kind of like what happens.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Nolan Gorman is interesting, the Green one is interesting. I mean, I don't know. It's a crap look at this.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, we have the number here JP posted here for your cousin don checks in and stop calling me. I'm not gonna answer cousin dons. So all right, let's get to uh can we talk about this? Let's talk about shoey Otani's number, which I went on my little rant two fridays ago about let's cash out at the three to one and let's wait for it. Let's invest in judge just to hedge our bets there a little bit, and let's see this Otani number. Now, the Otani number consensus is a five to one. That's this morning. Okay, So some spots where it's still four to fifty. Uh of course my spot FanDuel or I bet it's four fifty right on, but you can get it five hundred still over at bet MGM. Now this is the time where tonight he has a big start, So Welsh, I'm gonna put this out there to you. If he has the big start today, what's that number tomorrow?
Speaker 2: Oh? I think it goes down to four hundred, I really do. I don't know the big movement four to fifty, four hundred something like that. Yeah, I'm as like a preview. I think he's a really he's really interesting on the betting market tonight too, because you know the number, the numbers are kind of usual uh Otani numbers. He's coming off of that incredibly big game. I don't know. Also, you know there's that little part of me why I this feels like one of those games where Atani can strike out ten and like fine innings because you know, also like not pulling off these games in the wind streak having eight RBI. This feels like one where Atani pulls back and goes Yeah. I think these numbers go up if you all subscribe to the dual player theory here where it's no matter what all these other guys do. This dual player if they can get hot is the unanimous MVP. Then this is the time to bet before you start losing some mods. And like if I actually think one of the best places to do it is like Fandle what we talked about, where you can buy out equity at any time, So go do it right now. It probably moves up, and if you're not really a risker, you probably can make a couple of bucks as it goes up. I don't you know, it's all going to be depending.
Speaker 1: Look, if you invest ten bucks, if you infact this ten bucks in it, and this number goes to two and a half over the next month, you're probably gonna make fifteen bucks off this at least maybe even twenty. I mean just this is a stupid like it's a stupid fun thing. But you know it's like, hey, if I put in a five dollars line with DFS and I'll win, I get mad. But if I put a five dollar line up in a couple of weeks, I get you know, twenty five bucks back. Like that's that's that's good.
Speaker 2: That's ultimately. Ultimately, what's so tough about them is like they've got to win game. That can't be this big old loser team they got. They've got to like keep winning. He can't keep losing that strut of royals and stuff, and that's gonna hold him back. I think more than his numbers. I think at the end of the day, let me just point this out. Let's just hype hypothetically, say someone else wins it. Who's the favorite right now is not much.
Speaker 1: It's Judge still and minus five.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's say Judge. Let's go and judge her. Let's say Judge wins it. We I think at the end of the year, we will go back and we will look at Judge's numbers, We'll compare them against the Tany's and we'll go man Otani really deserved this like from it. It's vertical standpoint, like you don't want to take it away from Judge. Judge won it. He had whatever, he's gonna have, fifty homers and stuff. But we could probably easily make the case of Tani regardless. I'm even saying if he goes crazy hot or not right, we will look at those numbers and we will say it is hard that we took this away from him, and the deciding factors will be maybe some of those streaks and the team context. I really don't think it's gonna be about Judge or whoever is the guy that wins it. I don't think it's gonna ultimately be that those numbers are so much better, because I think that's impossible based on the hitting and pitching for a Tani.
Speaker 1: I'm slightly annoyed because I wanted this number to get to like seven before I could go back in because of what he did last night, and he has a start directly after that lines up really well. I think this is the window. This is the window to go back you know, on Atani at five to one, and I'm gonna do it today right after the show. I'm a man of my word. I always am I If I'm saying bet it, that's because I'm betting it like a lot of other people. Let's say, you know, don't do it, and I'm not saying you have to do a lot. You go five bucks on this thing, just for s's and g's and have fun with it and maybe you win. In who knows another number that's moved considerably last week, Peter A. Lonzo was twelve to one for MVP. You want to take a guess what he is now.
Speaker 2: I saw it, so I know you saw it.
Speaker 1: Six to one right now plus six hundred. So this was another dude too, I said. Jose Ramirez and Peter Alonzo are the two guys that don't understand why they're still in double digits because they are single handedly carrying these teams. I feel like most nights and Alonzo. You know again that New York media, it's a media award. I think Alonzo is really in this race. I really do. I think he's fascinating. I think this might be the last time. If it goes to five, I think that's when I'm starting like, okay, now you really got to take it seriously. But I don't know, man, it's just starting to feel like Pete Alonzo. He's so liked to, he's so well liked by I think so much, you know, in terms of other players in the media. And if you think that stuff doesn't matter, it does because at the end of the day, Machado's not liked Machiatto is. It rubs people the wrong way.
Speaker 2: I think it's impossible for him to win this. I think impossible for first baseman to win this. This would be the prime example again not everybody.
Speaker 1: Why why Because I like Goldsman, he's a first basement Why can't call Golan win?
Speaker 2: You know what? I also think it's a hard road, but I think it's a hard road for a guy like him as well. They're completely different players. I think, in like a context standpoint, it's a good point. I wasn't even thinking about Goldie when I was with that, But I think it's hard to put the guy that's hitting like two seventy, you know, as the winner to sixty two seventy. Ultimately, when they finished with it, what I was gonna say is not every book gets to do this, but this would be the prime example of me cashing out. If I had gotten Alonso at twelve to one and he was now six to one. This would be cash out city. That's I would take my profits and move on because I do not believe there. I do not believe he will win this award.
Speaker 1: All right, let's let's go to something that's I know rubbed Mike Mayer wrong yesterday. So I don't know if you guys have seen this. If not, run to try Twitter, because last night wasn't the only thing going on with shoey Ootani and Anaheim. It was also a fan caught a ball out there in the outfield, gave it to a kid. Everyone. Yeah, he gave it to the kiday. So Mike Mayor is already miserable. Then later in the same game, this kid catches a ball that I think the I think the outfielder threw it out there to him, and the kid caught it, and the kid turned around and gave that ball to the grown up. Just just a beautiful moment that everybody loves. It's on the Twitter machine, that's all over, and Mike Mayor is throwing things. He is so upset. He's trying to have the stream cut right now, Chris cut the stream. No, we're not cutting the stream. I want everybody in the Peanuts and Cracker Jackson tell me, is that a feel good moment because the kid gave the adult a ball back? Or is it all just miserable? Like Mike Mahyer, I want to know for sure. I want know how you feel about this. I want Mike Mayor to step aside from the fieldings machine. Chris Welsh, how do you feel about this this moment that has gone viral and then everybody loves. I love, but I think it's nice. Mike Mayor hates it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, I love. I absolutely love those moments. I'm here for them when people the like Also, I go to like complex level ball, so there's like twenty people there at the most or something like that, and you know the kids are running for baseball. It's so cool when I've given multiple kids baseballs as they've been hit near me and stuff like that, and it's always cool. But it is ingrained in me now and built into me that it's like, how much is this hurting Mike Mayor happiness? How much is happiness with baseball? Do you see that moment where the kid told forced his dad to go to I think it was either yesterday or Father's Day. The kid forced his dad to go see the Nationals. They had seats in the upper deck and he's like, Dad, Soto is gonna hit a homer towards us, and his dad almost didn't go the ball hit, the dad got the homer. They put them on video and I was like, man, this is such an awesome moment. But then I was like, how much Mike Mayor is mad that this The sun did happiness for the day.
Speaker 1: And had to do indeed happiness for your father. Oh that made me smile. Also made me smile and also kind of terrified if somebody posted something on Twitter or do of Kyle Farnsworth, who was just like absolutely jacked. Now I don't see this picture I put in the show sheet, Holy crap, Cal Farnsworth looks like, ho, my goodness. It looks like he ate Yondi Diaz. And then like it made him into a protein shake or something like that guy's mass.
Speaker 2: He's wacko. You know. There's something also like uh as a as a you know, fat guy, like fat guy's unclothed are not pretty, but like really weirdly jacked up dudes are also terrifying to look at. There's so much about this picture. His right arm looks half the size. He's got little squirrel ankles with these big, giant everything about it is terrifying. It's not a good look. And Kyle Farnsworth is also just I think a total monster. The John Boy side by side is relatively scary as well. Like seven years ago he just liked like a dude, and now he absolutely looks like a villain. He looks like a villain from he looks like from the Boys. Yeah, it looks it looks like it looks like the Boys alternate Hult character.
Speaker 1: Boys has been so good. Oh my god, this new season. If you haven't watched The Boys, you gotta watch the Boys. It's just fantastic, all right. Fun facts here, Shoeo Tony is the only major league player to drive in eight plus runs and yet have his team never hold the lead in a game since RBI became an official stat in nineteen twenty. So how do you like them? Apples also got trivia question based on Shoheyo Toni Choo. Tony became the first player born in Japan to record eight RBI in a single game. Which two players did he surpass? So who had more RBI. They were tied with the same amount for Shoeo. Tony broke this number with eight. If you think you know the answer, go ahead drop it in the chat here and I will tell you again. You have to be a subscriber to Fantasy Bros. MLB in order to answer that question. So there you go. Who's the last the Japanese players? There was two of them. One's a bigger name, one is less of a bigger name, who had a giant RBI game, just like Otani. That Otani And it's not uh, it's not this guy that every time I say his name, Mike Maher says, we're gonna have to uh cut the stream like because he says, I say a word, but it's Cosca Fukudome, it's Dome.
Speaker 2: Hey, that weird.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 2: I was actually getting ready to be nervous. You said there, right, Fukudome.
Speaker 1: The JP wants to know The Boys or Last Kingdom. Last Kingdom is a is great. You need to watch Last Kingdom. The Boys is fun, it's brilliant, but the Boys is It's definitely worth the watch. No, it is not Echio, by the way, too, that's not the the answer to the question. A couple of fun things though this day in baseball Welsh real quick, so this was fun. In nineteen forty seven, you'll Blackwell just misses pitching back to back no hitters when Eddie Stanky of the Brooklyn Dodgers singles, and I just thought Stanky would be such a great name now, like because you know everyone was like Eddie puts some stank on that one, Like you know that would be like he would be.
Speaker 2: Or it's not like nickname, you know, like rowdy, you know, like they get a couple of these guys like a rowdy to let like get like a stankan thanks stank Johnson.
Speaker 1: Uh. Nineteen eighty seven, Tom Seaver abandoned his comeback. A lot of people forgotten eighty seven. He almost came back because the Mets had so many injuries one more run, but he decided to call it Quitsin in nineteen ninety, the Braves fired their manager Russ Nixon and replaced him with the general manager. So the general manager came down replaced himself or placed Russ Nixon, i should say, with himself, Bobby Cox, And uh, that ended up working out pretty well for the Braves. That's not my check.
Speaker 2: I thought that was pretty enough.
Speaker 1: That was an alright decision. One of the names. We have, any of the names, yet one is real correct here mikea O'Neil has one of them. Hedeki Matsui is one. He'sap Troy is not. That is not correct, But we do have the other one. I'm gonna give people another minute or two to figure out.
Speaker 2: Man didn't didn't he just have one? No?
Speaker 1: No, no, no again again it's the key here is born in Japan, born in Japan. So because the player is Asian again.
Speaker 2: Japan, I'm just throw I'm throwing darts here, man, I'm throwing darts. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Moving on, all right, here we go. Stat heroes from Last Night Dying Season eleven k's. I was afraid of doing seas clearly I should not have been no earned run, six innings for him, your quidy five k's over six one earned Eric fee Uh six innings for him, no earned runs four k Zach Gallen was brilliant. Martin Perez continues to be awesome, which also makes Mike Mayor very unhappy. Six innings, six k's for him. Seanman Iah two earned runs and six innings with six k's. Marco Gonzalez seven strong innings to earn, but just two strikeouts. Isaac Perettis three for three with three bombs, the perfect night for him. I'm sure everybody had him in the home run.
Speaker 2: It's actually Esch Paridies.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm sorry, that's correct.
Speaker 2: That's course, it looks like Isaac. Of course it's Esak. We all knows, that's it.
Speaker 1: Sank Moretti's had three bombs yesterday, No when Gorman had two, Otani had two, Bobby Wood had two, Carlos Santana had one. Carlos Santana. But he hasn't been on this sheet all year, has he? Matt Olson had two, Freddy Freeman three for four with five ribbies. Jared walshit a home run. He had a nice game there, three for six, and then Ryan McMahon three for four with a homer as well. Stad Zeros Spencer Strider six earned runs, only four k's. So I still say, you watch him in the Rookie of the Year thing and see how this goes. But it was not a good night for Striders.
Speaker 2: Now it's great, Well, she wasn't good.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: I love my Strider. Love betting the prop over he's just inconsistent. But now this, it doesn't make me feel like he's been doing the every other game type of thing. So next week, our next start, I'm one hundred percent, one thousand percent betting his over on K's and expect him to go six and strike out eleven.
Speaker 1: Yeah, probably Red Deebtmer's five earned run five innings, Deskofani five earned in three and ness Cortes four earned in four and a third. So is this the U is the Nesterer Cortes thing starting to fade? Now? Are we? Are we in the all right? He's come back down to earth now in this is not exactly the same guy was a month ago, because he was on such a run, and I would say, what now two of the last four starts have been less than thrilling. Let's be honest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not one hundred percent. I have to be very careful about this because Nestor is one of those guys that I wasn't in love with coming in. I just didn't think he had great overpowering stuff. But he is a master of command. He keeps pitchers off, you know, he'll change up his pitch rotation of how he's doing it. He's sneaky control across his own and he still got pretty good stuff. So I want to be dicey about it because never did I think he would be as high valued as he currently is. So now that he's struggling, I don't want to be like, I get him out of here. You know he's gone. So no, I don't think so. This also wasn't really a necessarily a blow up. He gave up two back to back jacks, which I don't think he had done all year.
Speaker 1: I think I actually just brought it up here and I was going to ask you, is the time to buy low on quartet? Like this is it?
Speaker 2: I think so? I think this would be the opportunity, especially because you just asked a question. You're like, hey, is this the time that we're kind of done with him?
Speaker 1: That that could be panicing, not done, but like that that we say, Okay, he is not one of the best pitchers in the league, even though he were pitching like that for a month. But you know this, this is as normal. I mean, these things happen. The guys aren't gonna pitch on one eras all year. There's going to be some down spots it's always you know, it's it's very rare you get somebody who goes for a sub to e R for an entire season, even nowadays, but also in.
Speaker 2: New York, like the sustainability of being able to continue to do that throughout the season in a ballpark that is this tiny little box that you know, you and I could probably hit a homer. You know, we have to have a pull side.
Speaker 1: I couldhit a home around the Yankee Stadium. I have one hundred percent confidence of my ability to that. Here's a question, who would you rather have rest of season? Would you rather have Carlos Rodonn or Estra Cortez?
Speaker 2: Oh, I would go Nestor, Nestor.
Speaker 1: I think I would go Nester as well. Well. The home road splits for Rodn have not been great. The home yeah, guys to e R A and the road guys like foreign change. There's also always.
Speaker 2: Kind of a can continued massive injury risk that kind of follows Redon for the rest of the season as well, that I don't think follows Cortes. So you know, not that again that you would do a trade like that now that you would trade Redon for Cortes. It's weird, but I would if given the opportunity. Absolutely.
Speaker 1: All right, let's give you the answer to the trivia question, because you guys are not going to get it. It's Ta Tahitoguchi who had seven Well, I remember a Gucci by the way, Shogoakayama went back to Japan. Did you see that Chris has a whole Showgoakayama song? And if you haven't heard it gives you a little just a little bit, because you start show.
Speaker 2: Go aki Yama, Yo Mama show that's it. There's a whole song that's on that. The YouTube video is still owed to do some search. I'm a little disappointed because a dream you know, we had the spring training of Dreams where I got to take pictures with Blake Snell and I'm over here with Lance Land sho Go was on there. We wanted to get to show go pretty pretty bad to see if I could get in front of him and maybe even play the song and him just probably look at me and call security. But it didn't happen.
Speaker 1: Look at you, call security. That's good, all right. The leather zero's here yesterday, just to reflect through the guys real quick who were bad. Austin Hayes over four or four k's Byron bucks and over. You know, when Buckson's bad, he's oh so bad. Let me tell you that, when he's good, he's great, and when he's bad, he's awful. Like there's no in between. You gotta respect that. You gotta respect the game. Don't hate the player. I hate the game.
Speaker 2: I had a tweet this weekend real quick, just on on bucks And so it's not quite as relevant because it's three or four days out. It was in the midst while I was out doing some camping and sharing some stuff with everybody. H the only baseball tweet I had over the weekend. I decided I made a bucks In tweet and it was players that had double their home run over They had double the homers over doubles. Sorry I'm using that word two times homer's over doubles. So they had ten they'd have twenty homers. Only six guys and this had to be a minimum of ten homers. Only six guys made that list who had more than double homers over doubles. Judge Alonso, Buxton, Alvarez, vlad and Stanton were the only group. Buxton was doing this with a two to eleven babbit at that time, the other lowest, second lowest of the group was two seventy and vlad. Also of qualified hitters, Buckson was ninth and slugging and eleventh and hard hit And the whole point was look at these prolific power guys over their doubles and how the names are all great, but Buckson is doing it at just a ridiculously dumb clip of lack of success. But the Babbitt's got to get better. But he's also a dude. I think he has more homers and singles at this point, so it is frustrated. He's frustrating.
Speaker 1: Is that hurt my soul the time.
Speaker 2: When you said it. When he's bad, he's so bad right now, I don't understand it. But when he's good, he's one of the best players in baseball, and he also has so much underlying that it's like my god, buy on the future of Buckston. But he is an enikma.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Frenchie Cordero oh for three with three k's, Miles Straw, Tiascarrnandez Ramon, Loreano, Francisco Lindor and Trent grishram Geo Orshella all over with three K's as well, so bad days for them. Let's get to BEDMGM, the King of sportsbooks. Bet ten dollars win two hundred on any game, regardless of the outcome. When you sign up today and download the betmgm app, go to bedmgm dot com, enter the promo code leading off against one word leading off bet ten bucks, win two hundred. Take that two hundred, Put someone Otani for MVP, and there you go. That's how you do that. Bad boy tonight. Don't love a lot of the props tonight. I gotta be honest. The first time in a while, it's been a really good run here. Last night was very good for us. Raphael Dever's at one and a half a total basis here at plus one fifteen. That's on DK JD Martinez again even money on the total bases at one and a half. It's against Streek Schooble. That's why I don't love it. But still half even money or plus is pretty good on those guys. And then Freddy Freeman even money on him too on DK one and a half. But you have Tyler Anderson. That's a guy that you thought was an interesting one today, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the only two that I found so far. The strikeout numbers four and a half for Tyler Anderson. I like that he's hit that number in seven of his last eight games, so you know, him and Gonsolin have just been strikeout guys. And I've bet Anderson a couple times and it's paid. So we only got to get to five and like I said, seven to last eight games he has hit that. And then Luis Robert total bases, which he's right around even money on one fifteen maybe a little bit more juiced, and he has hit that in six of his last eight games He's had two or more total bases, and I believe he's on like a fifteen game hit streak. Four straight have been over two total bases. So like Luis Robert, like Tyler Anderson, those are my two bets right now. It's kind of a weird slate to the week. I don't love strikeout props are difficult. The other one that we talked about him earlier, and I'm completely forgetting who it was near the top. Who was it? I'll come back to it. But as far as like, oh show he altani six and a half, I'd be very tempted to take that tonight as well, because I think he's gonna.
Speaker 1: Shove Turik's Google nine point two over on DK. Tough assignment though in Boston, so I'm a little sketch on that. Jeorge Montgomery at seven to four. I like that one a lot, especially against bos because he's been struggling little bit since he came back. Otani's at eight point five, Adam Wayne rightt seven to six. Charlie Morton on the other side of Rodin, and again I think in tournaments Charlie Morton should look at because Rodna has not been good on the road this year. So you can go Montgomery and Otani very cost effective. You can go really cheap on DK, Wayne Right, Montgomery and just load up on offense. I think that's the approach I want to do tonight. On FanDuel, a single picture site, you see the price variance too. Montgomery is nine point one on FanDuel. Whenever you see a two thousand dollars gap in pictures, that means you should be starting that picture in that other place. I'm telling you right now, there's something's off with the algorithm there. They're not taking enough into account. Otani's all the way at ten K. So once again you're getting a man massive discount on DK tonight, which is and I just.
Speaker 2: Want to I want to throw in with you and look to your point real quick. Look at Wayne right, he's almost the same price on both sites where you just pointed out Montgomery is almost a two k difference.
Speaker 1: That's really and and Otani fifteen hundred dollars difference. Look, that's and usually FanDuel is the one that's looser tonight, DK is looser. And look, in terms of looking for if you're looking for lineup builders tonight, i'd go into this Chicago Pittsburgh game. You got I coll f and Keegan Thompson. You might as well have Keenan Thompson pitching. And you're looking at all these all these guys are cheap. So Winsky's two point two. You know you got to chavi Us at two six, on your cruise at two seven. These are all on DK prices too. By the way, you could even go in Ian Happis three five, Wisdoms three five. That's the game to get some cheap guys in there. But if you're having the cheap pitchers on DK, we just told you you can get a lot there. I've struggled all day with my home run call. Finally, I'm just gonna let it ride with Mike Trout tonight again against the lefties. So I'm just I'm just not gonna everybody at Trout last night we were wrong. I think everyone's gonna get off it. I'm gonna stay on it, and I'm gona see what happens. Where are you going for your home run call tonight?
Speaker 2: Well, I'm gonna go with the guy just talked about in the props. I'm gonna go with Luis Robert, who has been hitting pretty well. It's not a big matchup of like BVP or anything like that, but I think Robert has been doing really well. And by the way, Mike Mayor gonna probably pull the I didn't look at the sheet bit because he's just going with Trout. With you, you both have Trout, so you guys are, oh, well, that's.
Speaker 1: Going to I didn't realize that that he's he's got Trout too, So I got you too. He's got Trout. So if we both are right, all we do is we both move up. So there you go, check mate, my friend, that's right, that's right. Perhaps so fun show obviously as as always. And yeah, Mayor, I'm copying you, that's what I'm doing. I had it yesterday. I'm just letting it ride. Please. This is the guy who had rehye hoskins for three weeks in this sheet. For God's sake, God the worst anyway, Uh, if you catch a ball, make sure if you're out of the game tonight, you give it to a kid. You take a video and send it to us a Fantasy pros and a Fantasy pros LB. And while you're at a subscribe to the channel and go make your wagers over at bet MGM, the King of sports books. And when you do, use that promo code leading off. That'll do it for me in the Welsh. But the story of the game goes on. We'll see you next time kids. Bye,