Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Getty and now he Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 3: Meantime, the Wall Street Journal reports the Pentagon is considering sending an additional ten thousand troops to the region. That's in addition to the fifteen hundred paratroopers from the eighty second Airborne to be mobilized for the war. It's not clear which division the troops would be drawn from.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know what that brings the total number two that's being sent there, but we're definitely getting more boots that can be on the ground in the area.
Speaker 4: And this conflict certainly has the potential to become the biggest story of our lives. Jack and I'm both amazed at how little attention is being paid by a lot of media. But there's a discussion for another moment. Right now, let's talk to military analyst Mike Lyons, who joins us. Mike killo, how are you hey?
Speaker 5: Come oney, guys, great to be back.
Speaker 2: As boots get closer to the ground, what are your concerns?
Speaker 6: You know, I still want to keep the air war going, the air campaign going.
Speaker 5: I don't think we've hit enough targets.
Speaker 6: I guess over ten thousand, but there's still lots of military targets, lots of targets of opportunity to go after and continue to use that as.
Speaker 5: A way to degrade and to.
Speaker 6: Put pressure on this regime to try to get them to a point where they will agree to something reasonable or you could see what they put out so far, it's completely unreasonable. I know we're working a seve Wick Coops fifteen point plan which resembles like they did in Gaza, but there's no such thing as a fifteen point successful piece plan anywhere. So again, I have no problem keeping the military aspects going, but there will likely be soldiers at some point that will have to be deployed for a couple different reasons. One to get the half a ton of depleted or enrich dream out of there and perhaps make it a show of force to make sure that you know we have some visible sign of victory.
Speaker 4: Based on what you've read and heard, how likely do you think it is we'll take a shot at taking carg Island.
Speaker 6: Well, that would be the most easiest way for this administration to get a victory, to get a visual, a visual on what's going on. But I do think that there's RGC units dug in there. It's heavily defended. I don't think we'll go there anytime soon. In fact, we could continue to vomit for three more weeks or so. And I don't see the Marines launching a D Day type invasion there.
Speaker 5: I don't see that.
Speaker 6: I think if we do, it's Army Rangers and Delta kind of occupying it. If if you remember back Mogadishu kind of fast roping. I think that's the air assault airborne way to do that from a military perspective. Getting a little bit inside baseball here, but I think it would be important. And I think, you know, look, we're really good at fighting wars, right the United States is great at fighting wars, but we've not been really good at waging wars. And doing something like that. Taking carg Island and taking over Irinians oil refineries would be a good way to wage war. That would be the kind of thing that would make a real difference.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 6: I know a lot of people would be screaming about war crimes and civilians all these other things, but this is what waging war is all about. This is what close which would say, is how a country has to expect if it wants to win. If we just want to again while owen ovacaine and not do what we did for the past two conflicts, then we'll get nothing done. But this administration is dogs didn't doing that.
Speaker 2: So you brought up that whole idea of securing nuclear material. That seems like a heck of a job to me. I mean, and they're going to have to go to these areas that we just bombed the but Jesus out of and get some dump trucks and some back hos and start digging and while protecting it. I mean, what's that going to look like?
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, I don't know.
Speaker 6: It's going to take intel first from Israel that will likely know where it's stored, to find out where it is and then find out how difficult it's going to be to extract is it undergrounds it has it been in case already entombed in some cases, Whether that mission is plausible or not, that would be you know, we want to get to IMEA, the the international you know community involved with that mission if that's possible. But you're not putting that, you know, in the back of a Special Forces helicopter and getting in and getting out and doing that mission. That's a long, you know, really difficult engineering problem set to solve, and I think the you know, probably solved after the conflict is officially over on some level.
Speaker 5: But that would be another one of those.
Speaker 6: Signs that the president could point to and say this is why we're victorious.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: On one more note, I've heard that it is extremely dangerous and volatile stuff to deal with, as you might expect how you're fined uranium.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 6: I mean the protection alone of the forces would be overwhelming, exactly.
Speaker 4: Hey, Mike, another discussion we've had a number of times on the show is that how in the TikTok world everybody expects things to be wrapped up within seventy two hours or they think, you know, it's gone wrong. Talk to us, as a veteran of combat and a student of military history, where are we timeline in a very significant and I would argue important more.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, yeah, the fallacy of a short war is that thing we've seen in this century, in the last century, based on Desert Storm, about how fast that happened, But that was just the ground aspect of it. What's forgotten over the thirty seven or thirty eight days of the air pounding that took place, and we still had to send ground troops in order to kind of clean that up. In this case. You know, we had four times the amount of air sorties that will flowed during Desert Storm there, and we're still doing a lot here. But from the grand scheme of things, I think it lulled Latimer Putin, for example, unto a false sense of security, thinking he was going to take Ukraine very quickly.
Speaker 5: Just he forgot to.
Speaker 6: Figure out how to wait, to take his forces and multiply them and combine them. But that's another thing. But in the grand scheme of things, fast wars just don't happen, and they're not easily resolved. And Desert Storm was an unfortunate example of when it did happen that a lot of people point to and say, why, why can't we do something similar there? Which is why again this goes on for many months and this administration, I'm sure we'll protect its forces. I think the number they have on their board right now is thirteen. You know how many Kia at this point, and the objective is to keep that low, which again to me, you think back when we were doing Vietnam, we were sending one hundred and fifty bodies and body bags back every week and no one blinked an eye about it. So again, protection of the force is going to be important. But we could still see this conflict go for for months.
Speaker 2: So they talked about that clip we played ten thousand more troops being sent over there to join up with fifteen hundred this or that. Do you expect that number to go way up? I mean, the reporting today from all the sources I really trust is Trump is hell bent on We're going to pound them until they surrender, or we're going to take what we want. We're just going to take it from them, isn't Is that going to take like a really big number of troops. Should we be prepared for that?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 6: I think that's where again, not sending large formations, not sending the first Armor Division, three hundred main battle tanks, t and forty brads, we're not sending the logis six that goes with that kind of the tail of that kind of operation is just unsustainable and there's really no way to get it there. Now at this point, the light infantry units will go Tense Mountain Division for example, that's not in the Rapid Deployment Force with the eighty second the Rangers Delta that those guys that move fast. But that's another division that can kind of get in there and get out. There's an airborne unit in Alaska that could probably go. They're just looking for again, getting troops in there, low logistics that can sustain themselves, don't need lots of things to go with them, take control of something and then hold it for a certain period of time. Again, go back to if we decide to take the refineries, which I think would be a tremendous military target right now, and I think hopefully they're working on that. I think that cripples around takes their ability to generate revenue and puts the United States to control of that oil resource. Now again, the world's going to scream, you know, the imperialistic you know Americans are doing it again. But that's the way to get this war to stop. That's waging war against the country fighting it.
Speaker 2: Mike.
Speaker 4: My final question is when you look at Iran's defense forces, have you heard of or seen any signs that there might be cracks in the loyalty or serious breakdowns in command and control.
Speaker 6: So no, and have seen us go after a beastiege targets, which surprised me. I thought that you were going to.
Speaker 5: See it there.
Speaker 6: I'd read previous incidents that the besiege would have somewhat turned against the IRGC because they were conflicting each other.
Speaker 5: It's kind of like big brother or little brother within the country. But it doesn't look like that's happened.
Speaker 6: It's looked that the besiege is still well aligned with the IRGC. The besiege think of the besiege is local police DHSS, you know, kind of not true military forces, but having control of the security. They're the ones that are there. They're killing the civilians right now that are protesting and they have become a target, so that that's been disappointing. But haven't seen the breakdown yet. I mean again, they've been dug in for forty seven years, they've been someone planning for this for forty seven years, and the IRGC is just not going away anytime yet. We We're not at the level where someone finally says enough's enough again because we haven't waged war we've just continued to fight.
Speaker 4: Mike, just fantastic, best analysis I've heard anywhere, and we sure appreciate the time and the energy you put into it.
Speaker 5: Thanks great, Thanks for having me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that whole wage war versus fight war. I'm gonna have to spend more time looking into all that. That's really interesting.
Speaker 4: Seriously, Mike's analysis is so much better than anything else you hear.
Speaker 2: Ough, so good. I have there no military background and only what I've read about wars. I do know something about the media, though, and so like I'm looking up at the headlines on what is that? Good morning America? Stocks plunge, oil rises, on Iran war fears, which is true enough, but the drum beat of that sort of thing. Has there ever been in the history of the world a country go to war and your media, or maybe even the pre media era, I don't even know who you'd be talking about the I don't know, village elders or whatever, bad mouthing, bad mouthing their own efforts and exaggerating, making you know, positive things look like a failure. I mean, has that ever happened? I don't know if it has ever happened. Honest to god, you know history of the world, including like if you've got an Indian tribe going over to fight the next tribe on the other side of the hill, and everybody's standing around saying, aye, I heard, it's going horrible and as you can see, food is getting scared. So it's a disaster. When when all the facts on the ground are it's going fairly.
Speaker 4: Well, everything is clickbait and or narrative reinforcement, which is clickbait. Everything is clickbait in media. We really try to avoid that. It's probably a strategic mistake, but we're too stubborn to change.
Speaker 2: But sure interesting culturally, yeah, you know, and sometimes it probably was isn't good. What the Brits were doing in the Boer War wasn't wasn't the greatest thing in order, you know, God help you, who was it.
Speaker 4: I didn't pay attention to the Boer War, you know, I too boring Belgium and what they did to King Leopold. I mean, look into that sometime, but their own media wouldn't have been reporting that because they weren't allowed to s which is probably isn't good. But regardless, I don't know if it's ever happened where a country's gone to war, and you have media at home giving you the worst case scenario as a drum beat. So I'm looking at the markets right now, and the S and P was down about one and a quarter percent, it's now bounced back to desk and being down three quarters of a percent, and the Nasdaq is down about one percent, having also bounced back. So the idea that you would go with as a responsible news organization which plunge right exactly, that you would use that verbiage is hilarious. It's clickbait, period, although it does affect people's minds and their hearts and attitudes.
Speaker 2: About what were up to as a country. Well, if you had a really good media and you know you can't expect this, but they would give you some context. A point a percentage and a half drop in the stock market in one day doesn't mean a freaking thing. It means zero. There's so many factors that go into a percentage jumper down for one day. To draw any analysis from madis.
Speaker 4: Insane unless you just had on your calendar, I'm going to cash out all of my investments to retire on this day. Well, number one, you need a better financial advisor, right, right, better media.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's something anyway, Any thoughts on any of that text line four one five two nine five KFTC.
Speaker 7: Major League Baseball, the Dodgers hosted the Diamondbacks at Dodgers Stadium.
Speaker 2: The Dogs LA is trying to win their third straight World Series.
Speaker 7: Dodgers right now are kind of like the Chicago Bulls from the nineties, except they have three Michael Jordan's and they're all Japanese.
Speaker 2: Mmm. I don't know if you signed the clips of Savannah Guthrie did an interview for the first time. The interesting thing to me was she's going to return to the Today Show April sixth, so next Friday. I didn't. I didn't think she'd ever come back after that. I don't know if I could.
Speaker 8: She's blaming she's blaming herself for her mom's Yeah that's too bad.
Speaker 4: Well, her fame. I guess that's too bad. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I can't. I have no idea how I would process that and what I would do.
Speaker 2: You know. Two months later, completely different topic, they found a second sphinx buried under the sand in Egypt. You know the stak, the big old the lion with a pharaoh's head or whatever the heck that thing is that the snake tailor Napoleon blew the nose off of it. That's why it looks like that. Thanks Napoleon, You jackass, couldn't you jackass? Anyway, they found another one buried under the sand, suggesting a megas structure of many pyramids and sphinxes that might exist under the sand. Still, I would have thought we'd have had some sort of X ray technology or something where we could have figured that out by now.
Speaker 4: Apparently, Yeah, given all the antiquities and riches and everything. On the other hand, maybe the pharaoh just had a Bogo coupon them. Buy one, get one by one's finx, get one free.
Speaker 2: Who knows.
Speaker 4: Jimmy the sphinx maker was struggling for business so started sending no coupons.
Speaker 2: Think about all the slaves whose entire lives were toiling in the hot sun to build those things.
Speaker 4: For one's things up there, and just bury the other one and we'll grab it when we needed well, I'll remember it's there.
Speaker 2: That's how it went. Some sort of super giant complex though, Oh that would be amazing. A's who I was said a couple of weeks ago, and I'm not to drag the Iran war back into this, but if the Middle East became like Europe, God, there's a lot of great too destinations there. No, I might just move there for a year, maybe two. Check out all this two stuff. Yeah, mentioned Trump's gonna put his signature on the money. Usually the Secretary of Treasury sens signs all the money, but it's gonna be Trumps signature. And then there's also a gold coin coming out with his face on it. I heard that on MS Now is that true?
Speaker 4: I didn't hear people on currency? Is that Is that a real rule or did you? That's the Joe Getty rule. That's myral. No, I think it's federal law, but I can't be sure. I mean, it's the sort of thing you learn as an eight year old.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure I care. I don't. I don't rank these up to the level of caring.
Speaker 4: So these sort of Trump's self aggrandizement is already so far beyond my comprehension and ability to believe it. That's one more thing, would just be one more thing.
Speaker 2: But does he feel like putting his name on the Kennedy Art Center, The Trump Kennedy Art Center or whatever is gonna last past the first Democratic administration.
Speaker 4: I have no idea how he thinks about these things. It seems nuts to me for reasons like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but again I don't care either way, not on my list. What is that thing you're going to tell us coming up? I love this, Oh, it's absolutely great.
Speaker 4: It's a psychotherapist who says he's talking about the next No King's rally. I had no idea one was happening. I guess it's happening tomorrow. No Kings politics is bad group therapy. There's a novelgics has become ineffective bad group therapy, and he explains why.
Speaker 2: He's very insightful. There will be a No King's rally while we're trying to get rid of a king in Iran and you're complaining about it, Okay.
Speaker 4: A king who behaves just like the Handmaid's Tale.
Speaker 2: Yes, anyway. Yeah, it's as if you people are idiots, the mindset of people who go to rallies and protests. So yeah, I look forward to talking about that and a whole bunch of other stuff that we got coming up on the show.
Speaker 4: Michael, do we still have that old clip quit being an idiot.
Speaker 2: That was one of the I can find its lots all the way if you missed the sec making the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 9: It doesn't make any sense to have a swimmer who was the four hundred and seventy second ranked swimmer when he was a man at Penn either winning or coming close to winning against women a year and a half after transitioning. If that's what the person wants to do, that person should be treated with dignity and respect. But there ought to be common sense, and common sense is not transphobic.
Speaker 2: Well that's Bob Costas, who I think is an amazing announcer and one of the greatest interviews viewers in history. But if you follow Bob Costas, he got very political in the last several years. Where was that while this was happening, when that Penn swimmer was beaten all the girls and where were you?
Speaker 5: Then?
Speaker 2: Bob Goss says he didn't have the nerve to say that. Now he says it with obviously we all agree on this, it's not.
Speaker 4: Sort of I didn't realize he was passive while it was happening.
Speaker 2: When we are yelling about it.
Speaker 4: But anyway, Bob is actually reacting to the announcement from the IOC. And here's the iOS, the International Olympic Committee, their president, Kirsty Coventry.
Speaker 1: The policy that we have announced is based on science and it has been led by medical experts with the best interests of athletes at its heart. The scientific evidence is very clear male chromosomes give performance advantages in sports that rely on strength, power, or endurance. At the Olympic Games, even the smallest margins can be the difference between victory and defeat. So it's absolutely clear that it would not be fair for biological males to compete in the female category. In addition, in some sports it would simply not be safe.
Speaker 4: Can you imagine reviving perhaps loved one who passed away fifteen years ago, right, and they would hear that, and they would say, they're talking about men playing in women's sports.
Speaker 2: Why is she answering a question nobody's ever asked, and why is she so worthy? The answer is, no, men can't play in women's sports. We're through here. Yeah, yeah, it is so astonishing and in some cases are dangerous. You mean, like when that dude beat the crap out of the girls in the boxing, to the point that some of them quit halfway through, like I'm gonna get killed out of here exactly.
Speaker 4: I'm even in non combat sports like basketball, volleyball. Terrible injuries to young women and grown women as well. Yeah, it's absolutely bizarre. It shows how quickly a social contagion can infect people and make them say and do things that are just insane. Anyway, speaking of progressive attitudes, good for the IOC a little late to the party, but thanks for coming.
Speaker 2: Anyway.
Speaker 4: Speaking of the left's attitudes, apparently there's going to be another No King's demonstration or a bunch of them. I'm against things, very good, great, me too, all across the country tomorrow. And Jonathan Albert, who is not only a practicing psychotherapist, but he is writing.
Speaker 2: He's about to release.
Speaker 4: A book on how bad a lot of psychotherapy is. Something that'll be near and dear to your heart, Jack, I'm sure, and he describes he's written a piece. Excuse me, my goodness, allergies are bad this time here piece. I could be well, we're all dying slowly from time anyway, he says. After No King's rally last October, I was walking through the area and pository the science. A woman asked me, aren't these great? And I said, I don't know. I actually like some of Trump's policies. Well f you that, she shouted. Then he gets into the whole No King's rally, and given our history, I mean, it's a striking claim that we're living under one or about too or something.
Speaker 2: But he says, still it's revealing.
Speaker 4: It reflects a broader shift and how political disagreement is understood not as a clash of views but as.
Speaker 2: A struggle between victims and villains.
Speaker 4: Then he describes how the US is what has always been a contentious, oft and frustrated democracy with competing interests and imperfect leadership, but describing it in more dramatic terms raises the emotional stakes. It transforms ordinary political conflict into something more absolute and more psychologically satisfying. He says, in my work as a psychotherapist, I've seen a parallel change, and now people interpret their personal lives. Feelings are increasingly treated not as signals to examine, but as conclusions to affirm. And I think we're kind of all familiar with We've heard that verbiage about how you can't deny my feelings, or I've got to trust my feelings and all when feelings are often wildly misleading, the last thing you should trust anyway. You shouldn't ignore them, but they should not dictate your life anyway. Discomfort is no longer something to work true, but something to explain, often by projecting blame onto an external source. This mindset doesn't stay in the therapy room. It has begun to shape political life, and the No King's Rallies offer a framework that supports that favors affirmation over scrutiny, a clean moral narrative in which there are those who are wronged and those responsible for the wrongdoing. At their core, the rallies resemble bad group therapy, gatherings that offer validation, solidarity, and emotional release. They feel good in the moment. Participants vent to find reinforcement among like minded people and leave feeling heard and aligned. The experience can seem productive, even clarifying, but like bad group therapy, it stops at validation. The feelings are processed but not challenged, reinforced but not examined. There is relief but little resolution, and the underlying problems remain. It offers the feelings of progress without the substance of it. Yeah, there's got to be a personality type that's susceptible to that. And it runs one direction politically, because otherwise you would think it would be happening exactly the same on the right with a certain kind of person who get their feelings validated and enjoy seeing well, there's a whole bunch of people that agree with me and all that sort of stuff.
Speaker 2: But it doesn't.
Speaker 4: It exists on the right, but it's a much much smaller scale. I think a lot of the Trump rallies are that, but it's it's tiny compared to some of this stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then I don't know that so outside of a Trump rally where it's around you know the personality that is the president, Sure, you know, an issue rally on the right, why, there have been very few of those in my lifetime that have had any of And I only became aware of this because I have a friend, really good dude, him and his wife, fantastic, great kids, blah blah blah, all that sort of stuff. But they apparently go to every rally that exists, and just and the first time I became aware of it member is years ago, and he said I see at the rally tomorrow, and I was like, I don't know anything about any rally. No, I'm going to be doing something that I had to look it up and there was some rally going on in our town that I was a comple unaware of. But it's just like, of course, you know, that's what we're all doing tomorrow. We're all gonna be at the rally. And then I became aware of that. Yeah, that's that's what you do everyone. I don't know what email thing you get on where you get the alert all the time, but you go to them all. Wow, just what you do.
Speaker 4: You were prescient in your question about personality types.
Speaker 2: You tend to lean left.
Speaker 4: The Good Doctor rights on the composition of these rallies help helps explain part of their dynamic. According to a survey conducted at No Kings rally in the District of Columbia, attendees skew heavily towards highly educated, left leaning white women in their forties who probably don't have.
Speaker 2: Kids, so they have time to go to a rally because they're not at the Little League game or trying to get some sleep after a long week or whatever else.
Speaker 4: And this demographic stands at the forefront of the broader shift towards therapeutic language, in which emotional experience is elevated, validated, and often treated as a kind of truth in itself. Many learn about the allies through social networks, where political views and identity are intertwined.
Speaker 2: You know, unless fancy language. I remember being.
Speaker 4: Amused and appreciating the thought expressed to us many, many years ago. Just because you're mad doesn't mean you're right, or just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right. And what the good doctor is writing about here is the attitude that being offended is proof that I should be offended. You don't examine these feelings or question them or challenge them. You merely affirm them.
Speaker 2: Proof that I'm offended, proof that I should be offended is that I am offended, which turns psychotherapy on its head.
Speaker 4: We've been battling, Katie. Any thoughts on this based on the folks you've run into.
Speaker 8: I mean, the folks that I've run into that go to these things use them as like a party scene though I mean I had yeah, and you know, they'd stop at the gas station and grab their tall cans beforehand and head out to San Francisco, and it turned into you know, yeah, and which side are you on?
Speaker 2: So it's either young people without kids or old hippies whose kids are grown. I just can't believe that if you got children, there's a lot that as a percentage, that's very many of the people.
Speaker 8: Yeah, none of them had kids at this at this time, still don't.
Speaker 2: Actually, yeah, it's it's interesting.
Speaker 4: This is you know, it's really an intersection of so many different aspects of human beings and how odd we are. But like, if I go to, uh, you know, my favorite sports team game and we're all cheering and wearing similar gear and colors and the rest of.
Speaker 2: It, it's fun. It feels good to be part of a crowd that you're all pulling for the same thing. And hey, wait a minute, I'm cheering for the cops. You're cheering for the cops. Yeah, we high five.
Speaker 4: We've never met each other, we'll never see each other again.
Speaker 2: Oh I hate them. I hate them. I play for a city that's somewhat further from my.
Speaker 4: Home address than this team, so I hate them anyway, right, Ah, I was I gonna say, oh, but I don't let that like dictate my politics.
Speaker 2: I don't know. People are strange. Uh. Many rallies have taken on a performative, even theatrical quality, with costumes and exaggerated symbolism, replacing direct political engagement. That approach lowers the stakes of confrontation, but reinforces the idea that the primary goal is expression rather than persuasion, and the pattern extends beyond protests. In some corners of the culture, people have committed, who have committed or been accused of violence, such as Luigi Mangioni, have been recast as anti establishment symbols, valued less for their actions than for what they appear to represent. The details differ, but the impulse is the same, a search for villains who make anger feel justified. Yeah, yeah, human beings. What are you gonna do with them?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 2: That reminds me maybe later.
Speaker 4: I'm always cautious of relatives of Martin Luther King because a lot of them, some of them are grifters and phonies. But one of his nephews wrote a great piece on what was it entitled? It had a very great simple title. Essentially, You're not Your demonstrations are not what doctor King wanted us to do. You're not protesting like doctor King, he said, and he explains why, and I think he would be not only in agreement with the writer I was just quoting, but anybody who despises like Antifa and the pro Palestine window smashers.
Speaker 2: So anyway, more on that later. So didn't get to the story yesterday in Redley, California, which I don't know that I knew of, which is down by Fresmo, Fresno, or oh by Fresno, depending where you're listening right now, or three thousand miles from you. I don't know where you're listening right now. Over by fres they found a lab that was operated by a Chinese national that was full of HIV, malaria, covid obola, and all kinds of awful things, but similar to a find in Las Vegas, also run by a Chinese national. What the hell is going on there? Among other things to talk about? Stay here.
Speaker 10: And finally, a video has gained attention online of a gray squirrel in London carrying a vape pen. So congratulations, the very first squirrel in history to figure out a way.
Speaker 2: To relax uptight squirrels. Hey, here's a text. This came up on the show and it's worth revisiting about putting on your socks standing up. Oh no, yesterday you all mentioned how unusual it seemed that a listener normally put on their socks while standing. Well, well, that's unusual. Also incredibly unusual was that person thought everybody else did it that way and was surprised to find out that people think that's odd and people sit to put on their socks.
Speaker 4: I merely admire their flexibility and athletic ability.
Speaker 2: Could I even do that? I think I could. I don't. Maybe I'll try that anyway. This person goes on to say, my wife and I have a standing challenge every day to always attempt to put on our socks and shoes while standing instead of sitting down, which is you can imagine, is a pretty funny thing to witness. Give it a try and do it every day.
Speaker 4: You'll think, Now, the family that plays together stays together, and it's kind of funny.
Speaker 2: So I assume you'd put your socks on standing up, then your pants, then your shoes on standing up. Pretty sure I couldn't put on my shoes and tie them all standing just from a balance standpoint, if.
Speaker 4: You like, went into a half squat and crossed your leg over. I know that because that's a that's a hip stretch I have to do constantly, really without touching a wall. U it helps to have a golf club in hand, for instance. So yeah, it is socks then pants kind of shoes. I've always I've always.
Speaker 8: Done it standing up. And then I told that story since I got pregnant, and I decided to try it while I was pregnant and almost broke my face.
Speaker 2: I stop, your ciner, gravity has shifted. You always done You've always done what's standing up? Put my socks on you? You have always done that standing up? Did I miss that yesterday? You put on your socks standing up? I do your whole life. Yeah, I've just always done it.
Speaker 8: But then it was like a couple of weeks ago that I tried it and I smashed my face into the back of my office chair.
Speaker 2: And I've never done it again. You know now that I've never really thought about it before. But I think I have seen lots of women throughout my life who put on their socks standing up.
Speaker 8: Yeah, there's no need to sit down to do it.
Speaker 4: Really, I've not witnessed the socification of many different women I've got to admit my sample size is smallish.
Speaker 2: I'm not going like just you know, just like I think, like my nieces put on their socks and shoes standing up, I think, yeah, like I'll athletic and young.
Speaker 8: I'll slip my shoes on standing up, but I have to sit to tie them.
Speaker 2: Time to go to the restaurant, Okay, and they stand up and put on their socks and shoes.
Speaker 4: Heck, I sit down to put on a hat. I just safety first, Katie, you know, safety first.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm like Joe, I just fall over. I'm gonna try that tonight, see if I can do it. Okay, that's a good one. How much time I got here, Michael, try to determine three minutes? Okay, plenty of time. So this has happened more than once in the United States, but here's the latest. This is from the Los Angeles Times. The case of a lifetime started with a putrid smell and a green garden hose sticking out of the side of a supposedly vacant warehouse in California farm Country near Fresno. Inside the sprawling building, code enforcement officer Jesslyn Harper found vials filled with liquid, some marked in English or Chinese, others with just a code that bore frightening labels such as malaria, COVID nineteen HIV refrigerators lined up in columns along a wall that had labels that read blood and a bola. Can you imagine you get called to what you thought was a vacant warehouse and you go in there and you see all those labels, jes it freak out. As she walked deeper into the warehouse, passing lab workers filling pregnancy test kits, she located the source of the smell that had brought her there, droppings from one thousand lab tested mice. She told the La Times during a recent interview. The workers were nice enough, she said, but when she started asking questions, the mood changed. I realized I'm in trouble on any to get out of this building without tipping them off, that I'm scared. Her discovery blew open in an elaborate criminal case with ties to California, Vegas, and China. Joe mentioned the Vegas version of this, It's a lab part of an elaborate scheme to import COVID tests from China and pass them off as American made Okay, that's one thing. You're trying to get illegal COVID tests in the United States when that was a booming business. But what's with all the bola and HIV and blood Is a bola test from their cvs or just a bola itself? Anyway, the investigation is ongoing, and the places run by Chinese nationals, and they're trying to figure out what was going on there. Don't trust China.
Speaker 4: Our good friend Kevin Kylie, Republicans soon to be jerry mandered out of his district in California, put out a statement back in February about both of these labs and says specifically that they are Chinese Communist Party linked, which.
Speaker 2: Everything really Chinese is Chinese Communist Party linked pretty much.
Speaker 4: But this one is definitely indisputably so it's it's a Chinese Communist Party bio weapons lab in the US two.
Speaker 2: Of them, at least two of them. Wow, And for what purpose to unleash that stuff on us if they wanted to? Yeah, we were a soft country. You think they would allow a US owned lab full of a bola to just show up somewhere in China.
Speaker 4: The Chinese constantly use our openness as a society to try to bring us down every day.
Speaker 2: That's a heck of a story. Armstrong and Getty