Speaker 1: What's going on to boy Willie north Pole. I'm excited. You got to check me out right now. On the Boutlet Care podcast, Man, we back Yo Boutlet Cab podcast. Man Special guessing here my guy representing as maybe first time here but first time yes Z what up? Man represent? Okay, So we gott to.
Speaker 2: Talk about So this album you just dropped is your first album and how.
Speaker 1: Long fifteen years? Man? So this is the first album since to Connect Jesus fifteen years. I you know, I had to get inspired. Man. You know I never stopped recording, right, You're always recording, and I feel like never stopped being around. I'm a true you know, I write, you know, that's what I do. I've been recording since I was a kid. But as far as you know, just you know I needed, I didn't have nothing. It wasn't no motivation to you know, drop this. And you know the game is like double Dutch. You know, you got to know when to come in, no when to come out. You know there's new, you know, but what I'm representing right now, it's just basically bars right. So we're back.
Speaker 2: So for people who don't know man, obviously from my hometown, you're kind of like, Yo, there was this era of Arizona hip hop, which is was so crazy because it felt.
Speaker 1: Like we made it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it was when you signed with DTP hot Rod, who's not necessarily from Arizona. It was more it was Sacramento. Yeah, but at the time he was kind of banging easy.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: He signed a G unit. You were a part of. I know you were kind of close with with with Rod and Juice signed with the Game. All these things happened kind of within the same I don't know year and a half or so.
Speaker 1: That was a crazy time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it felt like, oh shits got some sho But the.
Speaker 1: Whole hot Rod situation happened first.
Speaker 2: No, the hot Rod thing happened because I remember you were like I was, I was riding with you, were with him at fifty They started hating on Rod, who was hating man A lot of people in Arizona.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Man, I was like, no, were you his? Were you hot Rods? Arizona protection at that time, I was, I want to say protection, but I was becoming that because you know, we started off on rough terms. Remember I did the garbage disposal. Yes, I dissed everybody, right This was before I was my brother. At this time, I didn't even know Rod. You know what I'm saying. He did a disc record. He was the only one who responded. The niggas was scared, you know what I'm saying. Rod responded, Uh, he called me something in the record. You know what I'm saying, the B word. I ended up At that time, I didn't. I didn't know that's how this record, you know whatever. So I was taking it, you know, a person, So I called him. I actually had a conversation with him, and you know, started off rough, but we ended up getting cool. Right, I'm just gonna leave it at that. This was before all the hype, So this was this was when he was working at a call center. Was like, this is before fifty cent even existed in our lives. So hold on, let me yeah, this oh six, because I just dropped Garbag's Disposal, And for the record, Garbage Disposal was a record where I kind of aimed at every artists.
Speaker 2: Who all, did you disc from Arizona back then? Just so we I can age myself so I know who was relevant enough to be anybody who had at list?
Speaker 1: Did anybody who had anybody who had a name Hatlas and all these dudes is my brother, by the way, So I'm not trying to you know, did you just iraq Irock is the only one that didn't get it? I rock from my hood. Uh did Magic get it? EMC Magic got it? Uh ninety eight, ninety two point three, even got it? Bro survivalist, Survivalist got it. Bookie got it. And this Bookie my brother right book so this but but Bookie understood. Out of everybody, Bookie understood what was what you were doing? He understood because I had a cousin in the camp at the time to come on day. He was an R and B singer over there with them. So trying to think who was cracking back there? Everybody a poke poke Apollo, follow the white dude and that's my bro too. We all cool? What was up?
Speaker 2: What was the the ballheaded white boy?
Speaker 1: Mega? He was? He wasn't. I don't think the legend just coming up right under the next generation, even though we kind of the same age. He was kind of coming up. But what was uh shout to him? There was that whole like but those those were the main rappers that I dissed at the time, and at that time, you know, uh, full life records. They was killing it, you know what i mean, survivalist. So anyway, it's hot. Ride responded. I don't know why, but I ended up getting at him on some whatever ship and he pulled up to the studio actually, and he came to my studio. He came to salt my studio. He actually had on his call shiner clothes and everything fully dressed. Was it? He Tellcare? Was it? He Tellcare? He was working at I think it was, uh Tellcare was cracking everybody, and you're trying to you know what I'm saying. I'm just saying, this was the real thing. You know, this was really like we was. We were just normal kids at this time, you know what I mean. And so he came to the studio. We met. This is after we we squashed our beef whatever. By the week lady. He called me. He's like, man, fifty called me. Man. I'm like what He's like, yeah, man, he told me to quit my job. I'm like word, He's like yeah, man, I'm going out there. I'm like, get the fuck out of he said, yeah, he want to talk to you too. I'm like, man, get the fuck out of here. Because you don't even know him, right, I don't even know Rod like that, But this is how the universe worked. You get what I'm saying, to get us together, you know what I'm saying. So he ended up getting signed to fifty. I ended up getting that call I was waiting for from fifty cent, right, and then you ended up hanging out in his mansion. And Yeah, fifty called me the next day like he said he would. We talked on the phone for We talked on the phone so long. I was like, Yo, bro, I want to keep you on the phone this long. I was. He was so goddamn cool when he was talking. You know what I'm saying. He was like, yeah, I want a new g unit you know, have you and Rob blah. But he had this whole plan for me riding Carnegie m You get what I'm saying. Carnegie, rest the piece Carnegie. That's who gave me the body marked up record Crazy Carnegie. Rest in peace to him, Carnegie because he didn't have no tattoos. Yeah, so RP Carnegie. So anyways, uh, rockets to fifty cent house. Fifty give me a call. He fled me out. I didn't believe it. Man, I get there first night in fifty cents house. Right, you can't fight in this house. You can't can't bring girls over there. You do know that type of shit which is no normal. Yeah, Yo, getting a fight. It's my first experience in fifties house. Yo, getting a fight. The first night I get there, he's fighting some dude in the house named Hove. Uh, they're fighting. I don't know what if. I don't know if it was over fifty center whatever. Well I'm not saying like that, but I'm just saying they were fighting over something that had to do with fifty Hole was the babysitter of the house. So I see this situation kind of. I haven't met fifty when I got there, he wasn't there yet. Next morning he has an intercom and all he has a conference phone in all of the rooms. I was staying in his son's room. It's about fifteen rooms. Mike Tyson old match. Yeah, it's in what like Connecticut? Yeah, yes, sir, I think it's Hartford, Hartford, by Hartford, Yes, by Harford. He called six o'clock in the morning, who's in my house? Whoever's in my house? Coming to the conference room. We all go to the conference room. Bro, I swear to God, and I'm trying to I don't want to rush your story because it was I gotta be detailed. Of course, it gets fucking detailed. Bro. We're get in the conference and were sitting at the table just like, this is my first night at fifties house. Remember holing old boy getting fight? Yo. Were all sitting here. Fifty walks in. First time, he has on the hoodie. I'm like, damn, everybody's scared of him. So I'm not saying nothing, and they say, hey, what's up. I'm here, you know none of that. He looked at Yao Yo, he like, what's up? What happened? He looked at whole hole, didn't say nothing. He's like, what happened? Then? Yao was like, son called me a pussy or something. They had a fight in a swimming pool. It was they had fifty had a pool inside of his house. You get what I'm saying. Uh Hold threw a chair at ya Yo. Yao caught the fucking chair like superman. Yo had a cast on his arm because he stabbed his He stabbed himself the night before, cutting the hole in his Louisa Tom belt. So he caught. So it was all kind of shit going on in this nigga's house my first night. You know what I'm saying. So fifty in Yao's having to talk back and forth. He says, old boy calls him a pussy as fifties talking to Yao, I swear to God. He puts his hand on the big glass window like Tony Montana like this. He said, what's the rules of fighting in my house? Yao is like, there's no fighting in your house. He said, do you think you're exempted? I swear to God here. I swear to God all my life. The niggas said you think you exempt Yeah? He was like no. He said Monday, I'm calling Jimmy. You're going to geffing and walked out. I swear to God. Right, I'm like, who the fuck is Jimmy? Who the fuck is geffing? That's what happened with the game, right, he ended up going toff So fifty walk out of the room. We have girls, we have all kinds of people at we we don't even know who's at this table. I'm sitting there, so I'm not remember I'm the new guy. So now we're sitting here for about an hour. Everybody's scared to talk. It's about thirty minutes after fifty walk out exaggerated and I finally said something. I was like, it's the meeting over. I was like, yeah, I guess. Then everybody got it. That shit crazy. That was like my first experience in fifty house. It was cool, though.
Speaker 2: So you end up because hot Rode ends up signing with g UNIT.
Speaker 1: Be Easy comes out with Mary J. Blige, which was pretty cool to have. I was in that video. Yeah, somebody from Azy have a song Mary J Blige. It was fucking pretty wild.
Speaker 2: But then you end up signing to DTP right around the time the Super bowls coming to Arizona. Uh yeah, And then yeah, so how did you because because I'm assuming fifty wanted to sign you, and then.
Speaker 1: It's a transition. I'm going, now you want to transit, I gotta give you more shit, Okay, go ahead. So at this time I'm fully g UNIT. You can't say no. I don't want to hear about no other labels. I'm dis in game. I'm excited, you know what I'm saying, Like I'm trying of really I'm riding for g on it, right I'm living in fifties house. I just had a manager, my manager, Tiffany, that's right now. She started one of the management things. So she started asking me to send me clothes and things like that to fifties house because I was getting free shit. So I just had to asked fifty I'm like, yo, can I get my manager wants to send you know, materials to the house or whatever? He said, Cool. Do I send it to the junior at office or do I send it to your house? He said, send it to the house. Cool. We're all in the studio, me us a guy named Maserati Fox. I actually talk about this song. It's called the Story on my Connect album. I actually talked it was a guy, Maserati Fox, Rest in peace. He passed away. By the way. Mazi was a fool. This was fifties number one. He just got a prison for murder, all kind of shit. So as soon as he got out, he came straight to the junior house, which we're all sharing the spot. We're just the Arizona dudes, you know what I'm saying. So me and Mazzi click Maserati Fox clip. He was in a wheelchair. He was riding fifty rtvs hit his leg or something. So he's in a wheelchair. So at this time we're beefing with Fat Joe all these cats. So whenever shit was going on, I'm pushing Maserati Fox in a wheelchairs, you know what I mean. Like we were cool at this time, but one time we were all in the studio in New York or Connecticut. I get a call. My little brother needs a ride to work, just to ride to work from Phoenix. Right. I called one of my little side pieces, Yo, can you get my brother. He's gonna be downstairs. Da da da dah. I'm organizing his ride to work for my little brother. I get off the phone. Fox said, Yo, you're selling drugs in fifty house. I said what He's like, you're selling drugs in fifty house. I said, what are you talking about? He said, I heard you blah blah blah blah, you know, saying go downstairs and shit. I said, yo, man, I'm just He said, yo, if you try, I said. He said, if you're selling drugs out of fifty house, he'll send you past Arizona. That's what he said, right, I said, man, I was just trying to get my little brother a rod to work whatever. So I'm not even thinking about this conversation at all. Right, get a phone call. We got to go to Eminem's video shoot. It was the first time him and fifty did a song. Who Won It with cash Is? I don't know if you remember that?
Speaker 2: Look, yeah that was that was on the Shady Records album.
Speaker 1: We flew out there Detroit two day video shoot.
Speaker 2: Not, by the way, not the first song made it. Not the first time fifty and Eminem did a song.
Speaker 1: This was the first time. For some reason, I think this was like the first collabo if I'm not mistaken, because this was the first that be Et was there.
Speaker 2: No, No, this was where this was like patiently waiting and.
Speaker 1: Okay, So this was they were making a big deal out because MTV was there.
Speaker 2: Because by Bio six o seven, that's like, I mean, g Richard, get Richard, I try and came out in like two thousand and two.
Speaker 1: I think what was that two thousand and two? Yeah, covers back there. So we look, we get to Detroit for this video shoot, big deal two day video shoot. First day I meet Eminem, everything is good. Second day they leave me in the hotel. Was that album called the re up. By the way, yeah, I think the shady res I think the real Okay, go ahead. First day went smooth. Second day, they leave me in the hotel. I wake up. I'm like, where's everybody at? I get a call from High Rock. I'm like, right, you know where the fuck y'all at. He's like, yeah, I got to talk to you. When I get back to the hotel. I'm like, what for. He's like, I'm gonna talk to you. I'm like, cool. He came back this when Blackberries were out, yeah, and he's like, I got somebody need to ask you. Man. He came to the hotel. He's like, what you're telling them? Drugs out of fifty cent? I said this, fucking nigga fox Man. So he's spreading that shit round man. So I told the whole story. So he's like, man, we got a call. We got to talk to fifty fifty got an airplane ticket for you to go back to Arizona. I was already gone, so shot Money had to come get me. Seat Money came to get us. I tell him the whole story on the way to this video shoot. So now he's convinced I'm telling the truth. So now we get there. He's like, there's a room stack Quo's in there. Lloyd Banks. I'm gonna tell you why fucking Lloyd Banks. Lloyd Banks? Ya yo, But everybody's in this one room, this little green room, right, it's import Sean Money is saying, you gotta talk to fifty cent. But how am I gonna talk to fifty with all the fucking MTV's here. You know, BT is here. You know, he's not thinking about my ass, My Arizona nigga about to send me back to Arizona. He's not. So Sean Money was like, tell them what happened, Tell them what happened. All the guys in, all the rappers in the room. So I tell them what happened. I'm like, yeah, you know, blah blah blahh you know he you know, Fox said this. Fox said that this is why fuck with Lloyd Banks. Banks was like, Man, why they gonna fuck with this nigga? Like that? Man, this nigga is out here trying to make music. Man, he from Arizona. He don't know none of this ship out here. Man. Man, Fox a bully man nigga always trying to you know, he just kind of takeing up for me, right, fuck with Lloyd Banks? Yeah. Yo. On the other hand, yea, Yo was like, son, you just got to talk to fifth. He said, you just may have to beg. We all had to. I said, that's funny, am I give them too much? Yeah? So he's like, you may have to beg. I said, y'all niggas begg because he buy y'all bileies and ship. You know what I'm saying. I'm just gonna tell him what happened. So now he's fifties, is lunchtime, fifties, sitting in his room with his publishers. He's eating a burrito and ship and now I'm like, fuck, I gotta talk to him. Playing about to leave, right, So I'm like, fuck it. I walked in the room, Yo, Can I talked to you? Doug? He looked at his publicist and the publishers, like do I need to leave? He's like, no, You're good. He's like, what's up. I was like, Bro, I would have to be a stupid motherfucker to be having drugs sent to your house to me, Yeah, for sure. Like I'm from Arizona, but I know you know what I mean? Yeah, Like you know what I mean. And I was like, I can't explain to him, you know, the clothing situation on my manager and stuff, because you got to think. I just asked him could I get boxes sent to his house? So on his head drugs. So that really fucked up relationship at that time. So he was like he did that little laugh. He was like, Fox just want to rap, you know what I'm saying. He was like, I'm gonna seeing you on Rod. I just got to get you all off the house. So he ended up seeing me, sending me and Rod to New York in a penthouse and he let Fox stand in the house. I was upset. I wanted to stay in the house. I wanted to work. Rob was happy. Rob wanted to have the girls, you know what I'm saying. I was like, no, man, I was like, I wanted to get back in fifty house. But at that time he was already tired of her. So it was just like a weird relationship. I had him. Then Tiffany, she kept calling me like she was like, fucking from the beginning, get up out of there. I can get your own record deal, I get your own situation. We can do this, do that. But I was so gun home. Fifty g on it in all the situation. I'm, you know, fucking Academy Awards and he's the hottest artist in the fucking world at this time. You know what I'm saying, I'm not leaving this man's house. And then she ended up talking to me. She ended up talking me into asking him to leave pretty much if I got that story correctcause that's sounded about right, And she asked me to give her about six months, so I had. That was the hardest thing too. I had to go talk to Fifty about that, be like, hey, man, I'm out. No, I didn't say it like that. I said, can I talk to you man once again? You know what I'm saying? He goes, I tell him my I told the situation. I was like, you know, I've been in New York because he remember, you send us to New York, and I was in my feelings about not being back at the house. So I was just like, you know, I just kind of want to go back. I have a situation, new management, you know, blah blah. He basically like you sure, you know he sent me back, man? And I got home and I put them all my faith into the Family Tree Entertainment situation, which was with Tiffany and Blue Michael Blue Williams. They used to manager out casting on them, Big Sean Gucci. I ended up trusting them. They ended up getting labels excited about me, had labels wanting to signing, you know. And you know, so this is this before Man Up Squad's the thing. This was Manham Squad was already going on. Okay, Man of Squad was no, uh no, I didn't meet Remember, I just met Rod. I didn't get with Man of Squad two thousand and seven. That'sh hot Rod happened in two thousand and six. So all this is formulating into Manhim Squad got it because a lot of because people were Man of Squad was grouping up at this time when me and Rock, when I got signed and when Rod got signed, people were really like people that knew me from Arizona was coming to me because of Rod's situation. So I was kind of like an Arizona right, you know what I'm saying. They were coming to me. So all these dudes were coming around me. So I'm formulating the Man of Squad. I knew phrase to phrase man Yeah or Peter Phrase man. Yeah, that motherfucker was an alien. Yeah. He was the most one of the most talented dudes I ever worked with. You know, we brought Phrase to Atlanta, Tiffany and I. He was cold man. We ended up getting him to work with Bangladesh, who you know does records. Was that it was you saying q Emir Jiggelow? Yeah, jig yeah, man. Who wasn't in it all the all the top. Anybody who even j times three bro, anybody who had a name wanted to be a part of men up, that had any type of talent. Do you feel like.
Speaker 2: Because at that time it felt like there was like the g Unit Black Wall Street thing, what led over the Arizona. Was there like any any animosity towards Juice at that time?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's the let me see what happened. And no, no disrespect to Richie because Richie is my brother, No for sure.
Speaker 2: And I think also prior to that, wasn't he with a Mari or was that after? This was before came after?
Speaker 1: So when hot Rod and Juice mean excuse me, when how Rod and Juice first got with game? Game went fuck with Juice because of the hot Ross You this before really even existed on with GTP. I'm cool with Rod. I ended up me and Mike Rashid and Hot Rob were in the car. Richie just had said fuck hoig Rod on the song. You get what I'm saying. I ended up seeing Richie at a barber shop. I'm in the car with hot Rod and Michael Sheet. You get what I'm saying, right. I ended up seeing Richie Mikerora Sheet. Yeah, I said, Mikero Sheet, that's my brother. I ended up seeing this nigga like the world knows a miss micro Sheet just wor clear. So at the time that Richie seen a hot Rod And I'm gonna say this real vaguely because it ain't really know any really big of a situation. But I see Richie at this time, I'm hot because he just said fuck hot Roding and no, fuck that. This nigga's gonna represent Arizona. I don't care where you're from. Were gonna do this shit right. This is the only thing we got. You don't have no say sowing this shit. We're not doing this. That was my whole argument with Richie at the time. Don't say fuck him just because you're a game and he's with fifty. Fuck with game and fifty is going through. That was my argument. So it wasn't like I was trying to take up for Rod. It was more like it was moved together. Yeah, it was more like you're tripping, bro. So when I seen him, you know, it started off kind of confrontational. Whatever. He you know, try to shake our hand. In the car, I got out. We were talking and we kind of squared up a little bit. Rob was in the car. You know what I'm saying, you're a car. No, he was in Mica. We were all in micro SHOT's car. So I'm talking, I'm doing I'm doing mostly the talking for him. Rob. Window come down. He finally starts talking. There's a little story behind that. I don't know who rolled the window down. Somebody's telling me that, you know what I'm saying, Somebody said somebody needs to speak up for themselves. I don't know what happened, but all I know is Rod window came down, and he said, yeah, what's the problem, Bro, Because I'm outside talking for him too, you know what I mean. He's in the car, but his window comes down like he's fucking Donald Trump in the back set. We're in a magna mummy, you know what I'm saying. And so later on I kind of figured out how the window came down. But they're all talking and ship old boy, get out the car juice. I'm like, so if everybody cool, we all should be able to take pictures, right, you know what I'm saying, We all take pictures. I never put him out. We never put him out. Never had a problem ever since. Right, we had some posters, you know what I'm saying, and things like that. So from there it was just kind of like me and Richie knew why I was upset at that time. So ever since then, me and Richie was cool, right, you know, Richie, Richie is probably the most one of the most humblest, sure real super amazing guy. Like I love that dude, you know what I'm saying. At this time, he know, I was on some we was on some rap ego shit. This is the only reason I'm telling this story, Richie. I'm not trying to make it seem like a punk for sure, letting you know, I know, I'm telling the whole story of how it built up to what it was.
Speaker 2: Justice is the first guy who ever handed me money. I've never made it. I'd never made a reign in my life. And We're at Sonny's and Chandler and he just handed me like five hundred dollars and ones and he's like, you gotta throw it though, And I was like, at the time, I didn't have anything, so I.
Speaker 1: Was throwing it on and wasn't looking. Hey. I remember one time I was stuffing some money. We was partying a Luda and a JEZI was having a battle. Yeah. I was like, yo, this is my first time going out with him. Right now, I want some of them. I need the money right now, all kind of ones in my pocket. I had ship in my socks. It was falling out. That's funny. That was amazing.
Speaker 2: So, uh, fast forward, How does the Luther thing transpire?
Speaker 1: If I'm not mistaken? Uh? Tiffany uh knew someone down at DTP disturbed. She knew, No I was. I was getting shocked with Jazzy fade outcast all them. Luda was ready shocking them, were ready. Court Digger shout out to court Digger. He was working down there. Him and Tiffany, they were really cool. Even though she knew everybody in the office. I don't know how Court took play, but I think Court was actually playing the demo if I'm not mistaken inside of the uh the office, body marked Yeah, we'll talk about that. So look she's playing, he's playing Body Marked Up. Jeff Dixon walks by that Shaka's uh the other boss, Shaka's brother? Was it Shaka or Jeff one? Jeah? He stops and said, who the hell is that? What's this body? Body marked up? Whatever? Yeah, that was pretty much it. Man, It's like the old record label story. Somebody heard the demo? Yo was was body Marked Up?
Speaker 2: Because I remember Carly made it like the street Heat of the Week on Power was that prior to d t P.
Speaker 1: It was, yeah, shout that was that was an Arizona street record. Yeah, it was that.
Speaker 2: I remember. It's so crazy because we had so much like it was that and then Iraq had that record. What was the Irock record on his album class Fuss.
Speaker 1: Swell Swell Way? Yeah, no, that sh it was hard. No, it's crazy.
Speaker 2: So you end up signing with Ludas it's a it's a it's crazy because at that time, I remember you were on the cover was a dub magazine.
Speaker 1: With a dub Yes, sir.
Speaker 2: That was there a special edition Double XL that got passed up my tripping around Super Bowl and.
Speaker 1: I was on Double XCEL. I was in the double XEL was it was maybe Ozone Ozone with Julia Beverly exposed. I have to expose. Fuck, I had an exposed cover man exposed Man News I was, you know, the first first rapper from Arizona pretty much on the cover of News Times. Yeah, that's still big to get on the cover. It's hard to get on cover of News Times, not for sure. Yeah, I don't know. I can we do it again? It's time to do it again New Times. I mean, I obviously don't know about it now, but back in the day, that ship was that was a big deal. Easy yeh man, That's how I used to find out what concerts are coming. You get that motherfucking New Times and pools to go to the back and be like, what's coming as Marquee, that's just crazy. So it's so wild.
Speaker 2: I'm living in Boise doing radio when you drop the Connect and yeah, I think I bought like ten copies of that album.
Speaker 1: And I appreciate that. Man keV is a real Arizona vet. Y'all, y'all don't know keV is really don't forget what you're about to say, but keV, keV is a leg and the fact that he's on the platform that he is now and he's still being in on the block in Arizona as much as you wouldn't even know he left, he's tapped in with everything. Yeah, but much respect to you man for what you're doing. Man, But no, it's just crazy because it was such a big deal.
Speaker 2: I feel like a record like Hood Dreamer was about a year and a half or two early because Bob was cracking on the mixtape scene, but he hadn't had the record with Bruto yet. And I think if that record would have dropped like even like because what was that?
Speaker 1: That was? That was nine, right, So I think if that what record it came out like one year later, it would have been different because Hood Dreamer was crazy, Yeah, and you had Bob on the fucking South Side before he was fucking came too Broadway man on my Grandma Crazy Came to Grandma's House was on the album, Neil Man, it was it was it was really I have my favorite producer in the world. I was able to work with him. He's still one of my favorites. Bangladesh. Oh yeah, shot to bangladeshsh was retarded. Still it's crazy. Like every time I say that, I'm like, yeah, I've worked with Bengli Desh.
Speaker 2: So I think that, like, I want to get your perspective on what went wrong with the Connect, why you think it didn't do as well as we had all hoped it to do, and why we had to wait fifteen years because you were who we had all the chips on the connect came and like the fact that as I always looked at it as a w the fact that we as at Arizona had a rapper drop something on depth jam so crazy, and.
Speaker 1: That's always the fact that that's always bro They came down play what happened.
Speaker 2: No, it was crazy, it was it was insane. I just I just think that, like, obviously it didn't do what we all wanted it to do. I think that your career didn't do what all we all wanted it to do. And I'm just curious You've had all these years to kind of sit back, kind of assess what do you think kind of went wrong with the Connect?
Speaker 1: What went wrong with the Connect? There was a few things. There's a lot of things. Brother, I'm sure it's not just one thing. Let's start with body marked up. Just remember that that question, so I can. I'm gonna go through minutes just fast as I can. Body marked Up. We had a sample clearance issue. That was number one, big big sample clearance. Yeah. Well, Wayne was cool with it. Wayne. Wayne was willing to do it again. Which record was he said it on Soldier Desney Child Soldier not. But look, Beyonce approved it, Matthew Knowles, Dark Child, everyone approved it. There's only one rapper that didn't approve it, t I t I didn't approve it. So we had fun. So that was a year of bullshit. I had to wait, you know what I'm saying. Yeah, ye, So that was a year I had to wait, and I was seeing TI here and there, you know what I'm saying. So he wouldn't clear it just because of the Yeah, he wouldn't because of the lutle beef. And by the time he finally cleared it, I think we're moving on to the next record. We was already on the next record. So look that happened, right. Everything I did was ahead of my time. G it was just moving too fast. I'm just too good. I'm just too fucking good. I guess that's what it was. My mom says, you know what I'm saying. No, but seriously, we we do that. Then we get number one Side Chick with Bobby Volentino. You know what I'm saying. This song is a song, a real song about a singer, a girl that I was actually you know, it was a real record. It wasn't a disrespectful record, you know what I'm saying. It was kind of a love song if you listen to the words. The video was shot love style. We actually shot the video in La with Todd who does Rihanna videos and all that stuff, which was cool. But we do number one side Chick at this time, Little Wayne, if I can fuck every girl in the world is out, Pleasure Peed Boyfriend number two. All these songs are out. But when I dropped number one Side Chick b t get they banned me. Really because of that. You can google it now to this day. Yes, I guess I'm just what was the football guy? I guess he got killed by a side chick. Oh, Steve, so he just put the documentary out of it. Yeah, he got killed by his side chick and I'm calling the song, you know, number one side chick and it has nothing to do with no one killing, no violence, no disrespect of a woman or nothing, and they ban it. So that's another record we had to. You know, we we couldn't really get all the airplay and all the things that we needed to get forward.
Speaker 2: And I think I think y'all really should have put a bag a body marked up. Fuck yeah, but or had Wayne refucking.
Speaker 1: Know, Wayne wanted to re say, redo it. We even had slim Thug do it. Slim Thug did it, and just so you know, I got it right here if you ever want to hear it. Oh yeah, I got to hear that. I got a version with slim Thug body marked up. It was. It was. The actual remix has a whole new beat that I'm releasing in twenty twenty five. I haven't talked about it at all, but it's fucking ridiculous. Yeah, I mean like that song is like a new verse on it, and put a new verse on it. But it's fucking ridiculous. It's produced by Live Box, who's a platinum producer. Right.
Speaker 2: Well, also, I think well, first of all, that og beat those crazy. I also don't think it aged like you listen to that song now you're like, wait until you hear the new Body Marked Up version. Man, So so you guys move on from Body Marked Up? Yeah, the Bobby I remember.
Speaker 1: You guys like, oh so then that happened with Bobby Ontin though, right, yeah, it's okay, what else can happen? Right, what else can happen? And goes wrong? Right? We drop our album? Everybody's happy this nigga Michael Jackson decides to die. Yes, yes, I remember I was living in Idaho, w and it happened. Bro. I cried, Bro. We had billboards, interviews, radio set up. Everything was canceled. Jeez, everything top ten, nothing, everything is Michael Jackson. I had no room, Bro, Michael Jackson died. That was the biggest artist in the United States something in the world, in the world, in the world, you get what I'm saying. Ever, probably probably so that's bigger than the president. And so when he died, it's just like, okay, and Willie's albums out. Yeah, it's all around the same time. I remember, No, it wasn't the same time, my g the same day crazy within the day or two almost like it sucked the energy out of like well, hey no and bad it being bad taste for me to push my album while the world's morning. And you know what's funny is a lot of people say, oh, he always blaming it on Michael Jackson. I'm like, bro, it's fucking Michael Jackson brother. So why not.
Speaker 2: Try again and drop another album? Stick like what happened with like you ended up leaving DTP. You know what, man, did they end up dropping you? Like what happened where you were?
Speaker 1: Never got dropped, never got dropped. I don't know where that come from. I hear that. By the way, it's also not a bad thing to get dropped. Can I talk keV. I'm just saying it. I just sooner.
Speaker 2: But I'd like to point out, like in twenty twenty four, it's a good thing when you get dropped.
Speaker 1: Back in the day, when I used to say I never got dropped, I used to get offend it. But now I say, and if I dig it rock, look look at what they did for me. Now. They set my whole platform up. They made me a national star at one point to where all people need to do is hear that I'm back. You know how many people are saying you it's do I remember him from Hood Dreamer number once? They're picking their face.
Speaker 2: It's funny because anytime I ever tell anybody like I'm from Azy either, I was like, oh, yeah, that's a what's it Walley.
Speaker 1: North Post from there? Right? Who else? Did they say? Juice? That's it? That's it. It's really those two. Like I was saying, hats all to my boy Richie. Yeah, it's really all too. I'm telling you if you talked like hip hop dudes like they always say, you were juice because we move, we're futuristic, we move around man or fucking who else. I'm talking about from Arizona, Bro the future. He's from Illinois, obviously, I'm talking about from Arizona Lanes, where your grandma's from. I'm talking about Arizona. And you be letting that little dude, what's the little MTV dude that be coming up here and whatever talking about Arizona music? What the fuck is his name? Oh? You mean the guy who interviewed me here? Yeah, that guy. Him and I had an interesting conversation. Let me say something about this dude. I don't know. I'm j TV MJ. Shout out to MJ. He reached out to me in my DM. I'm cool with MJ, but these fucking artists he's bringing up to your platform. Never he's I've never heard of these, but he hasn't brought a single artist here well wherever he's from, what he's doing is looking like it's looking like Adam is involved. It looks like he's bringing these his homies. I don't know who he's bringing. I don't know. You didn't bring anybody here that I don't know, none of these artists. So when when they're representing Arizona on the platform and I'm not seeing names like Judge the Bass, duf Fago, Dan g Uh, you know, just you know, just artists that really Chris Kokesfire, Chris Coba, God, you know what I'm saying. So it's just like be the ruler, you know what I'm saying. So when you're saying when these people, when I'm not seeing these artists and they're only these type of platforms and I'm not hearing those now, I just want to be clear. He didn't offend it. He hasked to interview me.
Speaker 2: I said, yeah, because I want to support up and coming, you know, media personalities from Eazy.
Speaker 1: He didn't bring any artists here. He just he has to do an interview. I'm gona blame that shit on I DOAM don't know though, Yeah he doesn't know. Yeah he has to do an interview. And uh yeah, I think dude bringing his homies up there. I mean I don't know. I just know. Uh yeah. With that being said, we're gonna rep this shit right as you gonna do it right. And keV you know, I rep this shit right for sure. And I don't play about where we're from. But but let me know, man, like, at what point in time do you get knocked off the rails where you're like, I don't know if I'm going to put any like like you know, fifteen years to drop an album is a long time, yeah, man, Like I said, Man, I really I never stopped recording. The game would have to accept me when they were ready, Like I had a lot of people, you know, I still went to QT. I still went to these stores. I have to go grocery shopping, right, these people know me. You know, I can't get a regular job in areas. You know what I'm saying. So it's just like they're like, so with the music, man, what's going on? Man? You know, and the people that really knew me, and I'll let them hear stuff, and like, man, you need to drop that. What are you doing? Right? Did you start to like psych yourself out using I think I think it was. I didn't think I was psyching myself. I think I just wasn't into the whole industry, the smoking mirror situation. When I'm an artist, brother, right, you know what I'm saying. I'm a real artist, like Beethoven, concept artists. I like music, I like violins, I like music. So it's like I wanted to I was working on my autographs when I was twelve years old. I wanted that life, that Hollywood. I wanted that, and when I finally got a taste of it, it was just kind of like, oh, I don't know if this for me. It ain't that. It's that the people that do good, they don't treat them right, the Lauren Hills, the people that just want to really make music. You get what I'm saying. There's people that really I'm really a real MC right, you know, And my mother think that My manager even said this, you were just too normal. My mother said, you're a golden child. You were, you know it. Just the way I'm shaping myself to be now is perfect. If we were to go back into the industry, I don't know, if you know, I would love that opportunity to getting there again, but doing.
Speaker 2: Anything like making sure on top of the reels and the tiktoks and yeah, trying to you know that, at the end of the day, you can't compete in today's landscape if you're not doing all that stuff.
Speaker 1: And a lot of the younger artists refuse to do that kind of shit. Bro, I'm getting more hate from young artists, which is dope. I love that whatever. No no, no, no, no, no, listen what I'm just saying. When I know that I'm back, the people that used to hate it in our generation, they love us. They love that I'm back. They you know, they feel bad, like really, you know we should have that's we're getting full Arizona support with this new Wally way. Bro. It's just some people that didn't know the younger generation. They're like, how do you just come back and just grab this ship? Because that's my that's you know, that's my state. I don't know if you went back yet that's really my ship now well respectfully, sure you you, but we're taking it to another level.
Speaker 2: I'm curious though, so the connect comes and goes, right, what is do you have? What are the conversations like with Shaka and Luda in terms of like I'm assuming you you owe them more music? Not a lot of times back then people were signing one offs.
Speaker 1: No I was. I was. I signed a five record deal, but I have the option to get out of the deal after every album. So I was cleaning. So you were able to have the same deal too. Chains at Nice correct, So so when two Chains left after Play a Circle, I was there. I remember when I was in that video Don't for Bad. Yeah.
Speaker 2: By the way, that song you had on what was the song called.
Speaker 1: Up the Homies? Called Up the Homies with Jane Classic with the game, so you know, I introduced little Chris to his wife. Oh nice? Yeah, So how that worked? Damn? I went to the whole story by the end, okay, Y said, don't tell that. Yeah, So yeah, like it was that's how I ended up getting a great song. Yeah, it was at Jaggal. It was that Pan terrorists. By the way, you're a pan Terra veteran, aren't you. We Yeah, we're good. Willie North pulled a pan Terra's vet. It wasn't nothing bad, but yeah, so it's it's all love from that camp. Yeah, for sure, shout out to disturbing the piece.
Speaker 2: It's crazy too because if you look at like where everyone's kind of careers went during that era, it's like, you know, obviously Juice has been active. Richie Evans uh a hot rod, I think stopped making music. I think, I mean, he's he's a fucking great guy. Obviously a very funny follow on Instagram, but like I always had a humor ship, Mike Rashid is fucking he's supposed.
Speaker 1: To be here. He's gonna come fucking cracking. He's about to come up here right now.
Speaker 2: It was so funny because when I interviewed him, I almost wanted to talk to him more about like, yo, so what was it like back in the day when you were saying cue and and more than I give a fuck about his fitness.
Speaker 1: Stuff and him have the best comeback stories ever and you guys just you guys just put some shit out together, right, But that's my best friend.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, His story is insane, the way he was on the run and ship, Yeah, because he was, he was buzzing in the city and then it's like he just went away and then you realize, oh, he was on the run.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he had to switch his name and everything he had to he went through it to get to the point he he was becoming famous on the run. He became a millionaire on the run. But okay, so he finally cleared his head.
Speaker 2: Are you guys, do you feel like you might have inspired him to make music again?
Speaker 1: You know what's funny, I don't know about him personally. I hope, I hope I am. I mean, I hope I help with his help with a lot of his music. I think I think I can say yesterday, I think he'll would be fair to say that I helped inspire him because he came up to Phoenix to work with me in the studio, to actually work with me. But I'm getting a lot of calls. Even Rocket Dologist called me and said that I inspired, that inspired. You know, that's big, like a lot of ogs. A lot of people that are saying that. I'm you know, so a lot of people are saying that Willie thank you for getting me excited to get back into the studio. And I'm hearing that from a lot of people, and I really wish that y'all can believe me when I say that, Man, that is not bragging. That's and it's crazy because I was getting these calls and these people I respect on the street level, these are people that I respect on a business level, and they're calling me to thank me for what I'm doing right now. Shot to Iraq many. Yeah, Rocke Dollar did a freestyle on my ear for like twenty five minutes two days ago. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Dog, he's one of my closest friends in the game. And you know, his son was signing me for a little bit Markel.
Speaker 1: But just picture me going south to Markel. But just picture Yeah, he's an alien. A picture I Rock coming up to me to show me his new ship that he's been wrapping. I'm like, letting me record it. I was like, you know, I don't like the camera, but he's doing that for me.
Speaker 2: I remember how big of a deal was he put out his album Die Rock Is a Classic, and he he had a signing at Virgin Megastore at Arizona Mills and I was on the street Team at the radio station.
Speaker 1: I thought it was so cool that somebody from Arizona had a signing. I got something for you. This is something that I wanted to bring. Just when you just said that, it just popped up something in my head. I remember my first rap when I was eleven years old that I wrote, you want to hear it? Sure, isn't that cool? Eleven? Yeah? Eleven. I don't even think Tiffany heard this. I was seven years old, right, These guys, these old grown men were always having freestyles. I said, one day, I'm a jump in that freestyle. So that night I knew what time they're going to do with the next day. And to get in you gotta like, hey, hey, they gotta know you're coming. So the next day I wrote my shit and all these grown men are rapping. I come in with the hey hey. They go crazy, They're like, oh, he's about to rap eleven year old Willie. I said, I'm friggingy fresh, I'm chaking it, fiking and taking too all the money that I'm making. And now I will put you on the fry and pan just like you, Bacon, I'm flybing the show. You know that I will take you toe to toe and now I'm a little crazy ass nigga now, you know, and people say I'm living up. Oh wait, that's the way I was raised on Broadway. Who first verse, I don't claim that is where I was raised. The little nigga with a flat top. You know, you can't fade because I'm the type of kid that drops a caddy and when I get loose, make a move. All these girls call me daddy. And when I was young, I was the hip hop bit. I said, I was a hip hop TikTok girl. I said, curls are my girls? Knocked the ass in the sandbox? Yo. That was my first bar bro that I ever wrote. You grew up on twenty fourth and Broadway. That crazy never wrote a white verse. You were on twenty fourth Street and Broadway all my life. Yeah, my grandma's from there.
Speaker 2: My best friend Ramses grew up on baseline of twenty fourth Street.
Speaker 1: Jah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we used to always fucking be be running around that whole fucking hood, my whole childhood, just getting in it. Bullshit, it's crazy driving through the south Side now, yeah, so nice, just nice now, I mean it's not I mean, but dude, like dude, this is nice.
Speaker 1: It's nice for the tourist have that targeted. It's no different from Burdbank though. No, but it's but it's crazy to think like how like now there's like all these new business brad shit used to be depressing over there. It was I'm not gonna lie, it's crazy. It was bad. Uh. You know, city councils doing. My uncle Mike Johnson, he was a city council. He had a lot to do cleaning it up over there to shut out Mike Johnson, you know, was kid. It's crazy the south side. You drive to the South Vice Mayor. I remember when this ship was a field right here. The fuck Yeah? They cleaning houses and Levine and ship. Yeah, man, Levine. I always tell everybody everybody went and got a house in Levine like Levine. Yeah, it's nice, but it ain't because you run into some ship at that gas station that quick trip. But have you fucked up in Levine? Yeah? QT, have you fucked up? Talk to me? Uh. You have a new record, the Chocolate Trollo MMMM, which is an interesting title breakdown because you kind of broke it down on the song. But just break down, like because we're from Arizona, which is you know, fucking by all I mean lots of Latinos. Check it out, man. So there's a few reasons. Well I can officially say that he let's start with Let's start with me. In my blood, my mother has an accent. My mother is half Mexican, excuse me, half looked out where I know where La I say one front, you know what I'm saying. My mother is half lo you know you know what I'm saying. My grandmother is full so senior Loda Sonora actually no Cinema Cinel. She's from Sinola, but she been here a whole life. She Your mom's half Mexican. Yeah, my mom is half Mexican. My grandfather is black. Yeah. Grandmother had twenty three kids or having many kids. Right. Her whole family lives in Arizona, right in California from fres and Oda all Hispanics. You know what I'm saying. Cousin Papa's alex alldemn So we got her whole side of the family, including my grandmother. So now she my grandma has eighteen kids, but my grandfather they're all half black, half Mexican. Right, we're the chocolate Ccholos, got it. Everybody knows us on Broadway as the chocolate Ccholos, pretty much everybody. My grandma was the Broadway grandmother. Everyone loves my grandmother. I didn't. I grew up to chodiso, tortillas and butter. You know what I'm saying. That's how I grew up, Dotys. I'm gonna se it that way. But you know, and but all that shit, man, So just like when I and so that's that part of chocolate clo. Yeah. And then you got my best friends growing up Broadway. You know, Broadway was a mixture of Hispanic and blacks. For sure. They're not trying to act black. They were just Broadway gangsters. Real ones went harder than a lot of us, you know what I'm saying. And they were real about it. Find sisters. We used to like their sisters. These are people we grew up with. That's from the neighborhood. Never is no separation type. I don't know what goes on in different cities and states, but out there that was always a good blend. So moving forward my flow, I've always said something, I've always included the Hispanic Chicano Chicano Latina, Mexicane, whatever you want to say into my music. I was saying chocolate Colo fifteen years ago in my old demos, you know what I mean. I was saying that. So my manager, Tiffany, she's from Arizona, she was always saying from when I first got signed. She was like, we got to include them with everything we do, and that's what we do. You have a deal with Philiberto's. We're about to get into all that. It's Philiberto, Philip, but Phillies Man, Phillies, Yes, Philipbertho's. Shout out to Philip. My boys, Caesar Man family owned chain down there. They can't. That's the McDonald's. You know.
Speaker 2: I try to tell people, I'm listen, you consider joining about Phillies Food.
Speaker 1: It's always there, it's always open, and it's always there when you know it's Carnie inside up man. Man, I love that California burrito over there. But it's it's at the end of the day. That's why I was trying to say. If I've done something that no one has ever done, I've bridged the gap with the Hispanic community and what I'm I don't know. You know, my state, my areas responding to a beautiful right. You know what I'm saying. Love, They see what I'm doing. All my work is coming from the Hispanic community. They you know I'm doing to live and Die, to Live and Die La tour, that's always out here. They're comeing to Phoenix. Oh nice to shout out to live in down La. You know they be running it out here sometimes. You know, explain to me the last fifteen years from the Okay, let's say, like give me a rundown on kind of what you've been up to outside of recording. You know, I know you be on some entrepreneurship. I know you be hustling, Like, what have you been up to? Me being nosy? No, I'm just asking, bro. I feel like people want to know. It's like hiatus talk. Yeah you've been on this hiatus. Bro, the fuck you've been up to? No, you gotta pay the bills. Man? Oh man, do I go there? No? I can't go there. I mean it was real life, bro. Yeah, you know what I'm saying. I represent your generation of hip hop kV. I can't talk about what these kids are talking about. So I had to go through stuff to get to this level, to even want to come back to rap. You know, we're at the age like what the fuck I want to wrap for Like it ain't because of its old thing. It's because it's just like I'm not drilling, I'm not painting my hair purple, I'm not none of that. I'm not getting no tattoos on my face. I'm too clean for these dudes, you know what I'm saying. But at the same time, there's a lane that we need a voice in our generation. And that's because hip hop is young at all, fifty one, you know what I'm saying. It's fifty years. You know, they haven't had any grandpas or any of that, so there's no gap. You can't put a gap on something that was just burst into the world that's running the whole. By the way, tis a grandpa. Now. I just found that out.
Speaker 2: He's got three grandkids, which is fucking crazy. I heard that yesterday and I was like, what, I'm old anyway.
Speaker 1: So you got you got it. You got people like TI that's still hot, little One, you got Drake, these people are still hot, and Kanye's and all these other people that are still hot and that can still make great music. And you got other people that's trying to put cap on what they do. You know what I'm saying, that's not how it works. We are the forefathers, the lyricists, all these people, and I just happened to still be handsome as fucked look good. Drop some shit can rap better than all these niggas, And I'm coming back because it's not about age. It's about talent at this point. Yeah right around, No for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so if it's about that, I think hip hop has been kind of ageless for a while.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The Change was kind of the first guy to show everybody like.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no. Two Changs was the first for sure, like where you could be like, yo, I'm post thirty and popping the two chains. Come back story is what Willie north Poe was doing right now. I like attention, just pay attention. That's my bro. Yeah when I say we was on the tour bus roasting each other and playing circle days all that ship. Yeah that's my dude. Man, I need to do a song with him.
Speaker 2: Actually, do you after this out? Are you going to continue to drop music or you? Like I mean you said that you you just tease The body Marked Up Part two that was that was.
Speaker 1: That was I don't know why I brought that up. That was like so relevant to the other ship we got planned.
Speaker 2: You know for sure what I'm saying. But you have a bunch of other Like it's not like you're going to go away for fifteen years never again.
Speaker 1: Okay, I can't, right, you gotta think, bro, Yeah she's here. But I got three other people. I got a whole team, three or four other people, because you have another company, what was it called dark Star, dark Nation, dark Nation? But that was me. That was just that was me playing the double Dutch game, trying to figure it out. You get what I'm saying, worked because it was me coming back. So it caught a little buzz. I sold out hoodies and everything. But I didn't have a team behind me, right, you know. I was just doing all this shit, like, yo, the fuck. I didn't know what to do. I'm thinking, you just dropped music. I didn't have no plan what I do with the music. I wasn't had to have no video plans, right you know. So it just kind of like now I'm not throwing shit against the wall. Everything I got right now is strategic and we're never going to stop. I can't stop because I'm running. I'm running an engine for other people now.
Speaker 2: So after your guys' era and asy hip hop, there's the era that I had a lot to do with, and that was like the VI the rule of futuristic sincerely Collins wave that popped off right, Like I remember that I managed Collins for a few years and I hosted V's one of his first mixtapes, and Zach was you know, fuck he was a regular on our show and we did music together and I took him.
Speaker 1: Around to running.
Speaker 2: But what were your thoughts just from like being one of the guys from the city to watch kind of what those guys did, because that was like twenty twelve, thirteen, fourteen fifteen. It was definitely a different era. But all three of those guys, you know, fucking V signed a kid Ink, which was a big deal. Colin's at number one records at radio. Yeah, I could tell you juristics fucking got it. I think he's got an independent platinum record, at least a gold record.
Speaker 1: I gotta go to Bute Shots of Magic too. Way we talk, by the way I'll be talking. We can't forget about AMC Magic to Shot to Magic but shout out to Magic.
Speaker 2: I'm just curious, like, what what were your thoughts on that next era of asy hip hop that came.
Speaker 1: I felt like I felt like I wasn't like an Ol Bundy nigga dude walking around. J Rob shot to J Rob. I wasn't like the Ol Bundy dude with the football saying you know, this is what I could have done, I should have done, you know, anything like that. So I was always proud of Futuristic Colin this and all them. But I remember coming up, you know, Futuristic you know, he opened up for me a couples or whatever he always talked about that. I've done free versus for him just before you know, to take off and all that stuff. And I've done things for him that, you know, even as I was declining down and he was coming up, you know what I mean, I've done things. But I think as people were coming up, not him, but just a lot of everyone else, a lot a lot of people including him, actually, I felt like they just started forgetting do you get what I'm saying? And so when I was watching a lot of that ship going on, I was proud of him. I didn't want them beef I didn't want Collins and Futuristic beef and I thought that was kind of corny, but I did. I didn't. I never considered them in my lane lane se. I just you know, they were definitely like but I didn't the next era. They were the next asy era. And I really respected Zach and Jacob Owens movement. Oh yeah, like the videos. That was like a flawless, like Futuristic is the best at that. That's why I'd be telling people when they compare us, they always compare us. It was just two different things. He can't do anything done. You know the thing about it, he's as far as what he's done, he's I would I would love to have his whole blueprint, you get what I'm saying figured out right. Yeah, So that's what we're doing. And I know he just got off.
Speaker 2: He was just on a tour, you know, Zach still I mean, obviously he's pivoting a little bit more. He's still doing he's doing more Christian rap now and sign an artist and ship. But yeah, but that was that was just a pretty exciting pocket.
Speaker 1: He was hard. I told v what he was before you even messed with him. You know what I'm saying V kingam on studio. A lot of these j Rob Kanamo studio. A lot of these dudes came across me, brother, and I mean, I mean, I feel like it'd be hard to think what I'm saying, think about what I'm saying. Though. A lot of these dudes came across you know, and it's either you know, they don't, They're not gonna It's kind of like I always offered my service to people, but they only I feel like a lot of people only want my service if it's gonna value them. Now, I feel like everybody will want a song with Willie North, which I respect that, but that's not how it's gonna work. It's crazy because that's how the game goes sometimes. Yeah, nobody want to work on me four months ago.
Speaker 2: But you got to notate those type of people though cheers we talk about, like I see that ship all the time. It's like people when they're not quote unquote hot, you know, first forget, but that they catch your record's out.
Speaker 1: The phone starts to get picked out. That's I mean, it's cool, that's cool, but I've never I've never people You can't sleep on these Listen, there's fame. And then there's egotistical talent when you you know, knowing that what I'm good at what I do, I've been doing it since I was eleven. Bro, So when I hear the flaws and these dudes, and when I hear the ship and when I hear how they can easily, they'll try to write me out. There's a reason I got to a point of what I was because of the talent. Correct. So if they can keep that talent confined and you know, locked up with something they'll keep. No one is gonna come out and help Willy. Willy had to come out of the gutter by himself, you know what I'm saying. So that's that's where I stand. But now it's personal. So and I'm gonna keep making you know, I'm gonna keep making these bangers after bangers, story good great songs after great songs. The wheelchair is gonna come under my butt. I'm gonna be pushing it. I'm still be making great fucking music. We're just gonna keep going, bro, you know what I'm saying. And I'm gonna show them how to do this where I'm from for real, CAF Who who do you like? That's uh coming up right now. Out of Ez, out of a Z. The dude that went against V what's his name, ohs from New York. I know he's from New York, but he lives in Arizona right now. But he's an alien, one of the great I mean, he's one of the greatest rappers on the planet. Low key like when he's on his ship. It's crazy. I fuck with dude. I would do another. I would do a real record with I want to do a record them Magic. I think it's about time for that. Think about that. I think it's about time to do a record with Magic. Magic. Me and Magic got the I did a song called Back to Mexico when I was taking up for the SB ten. Uh. Yeah, so we're going through that stuff. I stood up for the Latino community and they all came out and I did a video and MC Magic actually got on that remix. So that was dope. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Magic's doing sixty sold out shows a year right now. It's crazy him bashing Uh little rob are just murdering it right now.
Speaker 1: Fucking so I would do one, you know, as far as who else, I want to do one with Alexus Bro alexis that's easy. We can do it tomorrow. We do it today, Bro, Alexus, don't be man ninety seconds away. But I told Alexus man my studios. I don't think cav we can talk or we don't. I try to give it. I try to get Alexus on the album. Bro. I guess I sent him the record. Man, I'm just saying he might not like the bunch of work scratch. Hey, if he didn't like it, then you got communicated, you know what I'm saying. But on top of that, yeah, he did reach out to work again. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: The boys ten feet away is the studio he lives five seconds.
Speaker 1: That's only that's probably one of the that's in the studio right now. That's the only singer right now. Yeah. I think he's got talent. Talent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my favorite rapper in Arizona right now that's on the come up.
Speaker 1: As Chris Coke. Yeah, Chris Coke's a fucking alien. And then I was watching Chris Coke Battles the other day. Man, he's he's good.
Speaker 2: There's there's a dude that's really I just got put on kid friendly. He's a Christian rapper though, but he's actually and I'm an atheist, so I don't relate to none of that ship. But he's not really like a Christian rapper like preaching. He just don't cuss in his bars. But he's fucking crazy.
Speaker 1: But yeah, this is this is I'm really trying to get out of the Arizona talk though. Man, I'm trying to we bigger than this. Calf in fifteen years we got a cover a lot. Bro Listen, I get you know, me stepping out. That's your fault, man, that is that my fault. That's your fucking fault. That's all y'all thought. Fucking you did hack your fucking laptop. No you did, by ten Calf, you did. And I bought album job and I gave them out at the radio play the record I had, like, I think I saw three.
Speaker 2: In the plastic in storage because I gave the other ones out, Thank you man.
Speaker 1: Yeah it was.
Speaker 2: I was living in Idaho. I went to some where did I go, Oh, there was a store out there called.
Speaker 1: Hastings. That's crazy. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Anyway, well listen, man, the new album is.
Speaker 1: Out broad with theater. People can go support it. I'm sure you got more visuals coming, uh, we just I just shot the chocolatelo video and I just shot my cook video.
Speaker 2: I mean, you're putting up tons of content, which is we shot the official videos. You know what I'm saying though, But even just like the content you're putting out is dope and it's consistent.
Speaker 1: We hit a million views and then I had a what seven thousand followers? I hit a million views with seven thousand followers? Do you know how good you have to be? Am I bragging? Do y'all think I'm being caught? I'm really proud of myself. Man, that's a big deal. Brother. You know what I'm saying. I got married off of this type of stuff. I'm happy off of this. You know, everything just came together. Like the way people are receiving my music right now is just the way I've always pictured it. M hm. So whatever happens from this point on, it is just gonna just be better for me. But right now I'm happy as fuck because the energy is crazy. That's good man. Anybody from back in the day reaching out like on the on the DTP side or on all of them g UNIT side, I ain't gonna say gun A couple of people from gun it reached out, but most of the camp from DTP reached out. I got a real call from DTP. One of the dudes, I ain't gonna say who, but he's like, man, they're watching, everybody's watching. That's dope. So that's dope. I mean, Tiffany's back. That's big. That's that's all I want. That's all she got to put you a hit maker. That's all I cared about. You have the hit maker Willie's song coming soon. Once I knew she came back. Because she can't manage something if it ain't if it don't want to be managed, I can ask her to manage me all day. Tiffany, what was the name of that weird promotionals company that was on you? You were a part of it, weren't You were passing out flyers and shipped some street team company back in the day. What was it? What was the name of it?
Speaker 2: Were you like hiring interns and ship I was an intern passing out flyers. I had a double bag of flyers that I was on. I was on Mason fucking Fiestam all passing out Yes. Wow, I just it's so funny because that light I didn't even I've never even thought of that until this very second. I was taking the motherfucking forty five the Broadway bus from fucking the South Side to Mesa, and I don't Yeah, that's crazy, because I think I heard about it on the radio.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: Yeah, shout to Tiffany Jay Arizona. Goat Tiffany.
Speaker 1: Oh man, man, come on man, rocking with the best. I appreciate you.
Speaker 2: Willie the new albums out, everyone goes support it, man, go buy it too. You gotta go onnes and put some money in your merchers out.
Speaker 1: Yep, the merchers out. We got the album is The album is is something that from what I'm hearing, there's no Skippers on it, you know, there's no Phillers. They calling it a classic. You got to get a menu item at Phillies. Yeah, get the pole chocolate kind of shit. We were talking about it, Yeah, we was talking about it. We're trying to get it, man, I'm fucking philibertos Many.
Speaker 2: They just sent me on slides in the mail. You said, what, They just sent me a bunch of ship in the mail because I shouted them out in the MC magic interview, so they said hello ship. I was like Hey, I guess I'll wear these filiberto swim trunks next time I'm on vacation.
Speaker 1: Right, I'm gonna give a couple of shots out if you go ahead. I want to give a shout out to Donnie or JEWELR who got me looking nice. You know what I'm saying. We don't get none of this back. And like, hey, my ship, what happened to your old chain?
Speaker 2: What was the story of someone snatched it out of your car while you were inside of a store, some Blockbuster you were in. I was gonna say Blockbuster, Blockbuster, you were in a Blockbuster and someone.
Speaker 1: Listen, somebody threw a spark plug to my fucking wing. I remember you told me they just bought the Kanye CD and you just about a brand new gun. Because this was like you had to ate the first time. Jim, I had a gym bag. Yes, I had a gym but I just got my disturbing the piece and my AZ piece. It was connecting diamonds. I had it in my gym back American Me was returning the movie. Bro, I walked there for five fucking minutes, five minutes. This chip just I don't know everybody, I don't know if she set it up. I don't know what. I don't think she did, but I had to cut her off after that, just just in case. I felt she was crying. But I went inside of the American. We dropped off the movie American. Me came out someone through a spark plug through my window. Whole gym bag was gone. Bro. I fucking then I had a shoulder next day after Celebrity, so I'm doing this whole show with no jewelry, and I felt like the people that took my shit was in there hunted. So I'm whoever the fuck No, I'm talking shit on the mic and shit and I'm like, man, you know, but that shit happened to me. I was. I was inside of a store for maybe not, but I never got robbed though, Man, no, no, no, I seeing happened to me.
Speaker 2: I fucking went to the bank. I had probably like twenty now, I had like sixteen bands on me and it was during COVID. Yeah, so you remember the bank lines during COVID were crazy. So I went to go deposit this cash. I was like, man, fuck this line. Someone that saw me with the blue deposit bag and it was fat fuck. So someone followed me. I went to a Kinkos to fucking get something notarized, and I'm like, legit in the kinkos for maybe a minute and a half and Alexis is with me, and I'm like, hey, yo, my window rolled down, go roll that ship up? Becomes bass like bro, shit's busted off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm like, damn, got you to sixteen at my laptop and I bro was I wanted.
Speaker 2: I never wanted to take someone's life so badly. Yeah, I had money out there.
Speaker 1: I was like, yo, you know by you know Michael Jordan's stamped body marked up he did in My lion T. Michael Jordan had that happened, Man, I was on stage. I performed it. Uh, we're at it was a disturbing the peace party, Okay, Jordan's just there. Jordan was there. He actually pushed us to the side. Me and Chinky pushed us to the side. He had like forty women with him and they at our party. Michael Jordan had forty women. I say fifteen. Shout out to Jordan. Man pushed us to the side. Judge, Mathes run like that too at My lion T. I don't doubt it. Judge Matthes run like that Judge. Time met Judge Matthes, he pulled up in a van with fifteen females. Facts good for him. And he was with Metapeace with old boy around our test. That's my nig too shot at that time. That's big man. We'll support the album. Yeah, come by man. But Michael Jordan, just real quick, Michael Jordan said that body he was he was sitting behind me when I was rapping. Uh. They put him on the stage behind us and he tapped me on the shoulder and he's like that body marked up. But the body marked that their body. That's how he said. The m J stamp Much love, sir,