Speaker 1: You're listening to the Buck Sexton Show podcast, make sure you subscribe to the podcast on the iHeartRadio app or wherever you get your podcasts. Hey, everybody, welcome to the Buck Brief. We've got Alex Berenson with us, the man who was right about COVID, which I think is a phenomenally important thing to have been right about, and so we're honored to have him here with us today. Unreported Truth is his sub stack. I'm a subscriber, so full disclosure, recommend you all subscribe as well, mister Alex Berenson. Always an honor and a privilege, sir, so is is Fauci changing his name and you know, like living in the in the Yukon somewhere. I don't think so. Somehow the little the evil, little smurf got away with it all.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, no, I mean I wouldn't say he's changed his name. I'd say he's, you know, picking up one hundred grand a speaking appearance, and he's got a book coming out in June where he will I'm gonna go out on a limb hear and say not tell us the truth about everything that he knows. But you know, I I suspect that book will be released to the you know, loud hosannas of the of the same people who've been talking about how wonderful a job you did for the last four years. It'll be interesting to see if there's any sort of critical questioning of uh, you know, particularly of the way he tried to steer you know, the investigation into the origins of COVID early on. But frankly, unfortunately, I think, don't. I just don't anticipate he's going to get a lot of pushback. We'll see, we'll see.
Speaker 1: No, I don't think. I don't think he will. I think, unfortunately, the problem and this was a worry that I had all along during COVID that they may they used force to make so many people complicit in the whole thing, that everyone at some level like feel like your hands like you know, look, I'll just admit like I didn't want to be banned from all New York restaurants, and I didn't want to falsify. So I got the Jay and Jayshot. I thought that was the halfway measure. I wish I could sit here and say I refuse because I didn't think it. I got the Jay and Jay obviously because over the nurses objections who gave it to me? She's like, oh this one, this one doesn't really work. You don't want this one, and said, no, no, no, give me the one that's not the mRNA. I'm good, right, And I wish I wish I had gone you know, without any of it. But I just bring it up because I think they made so many people, you know, like they sullied so many hands, and you had no choice. The now veryone just wants to forget it. And I kind of at some level understand that, but refuse to go along with it entirely. Why we have you here, the LAB leader.
Speaker 2: Well, you're absolutely correct about it. I mean, I think we've talked about this more. Eighty percent of the country now, as you know, doesn't want to hear a word about COVID. Ten percent is still in that sort of crazy long COVID. These are the delusional people who will tweet, you know, pictures of themselves with masks and stuff, and then ten percent, you know, they there's still people start of reading my substack fervently when I you know, when I break news about you know, about the LAB leak or about issues with the m RNA's But I do I think I think you're right. I think most people would rather forget that they were ever vaccinated. They know the vaccine didn't really work and certainly didn't produce any kind of long term protection. They're never going to get another COVID shot, and so they are. They just want to be done with it. And unfortunately that's enabled, you know, the people who pushed all of this to kind of walk away. But I do think the one place where we really need to keep pressing and and you know, frankly, let's hope, and I think that this is sort of the you know, much more likely than not there'll be no long term major health impacts from the mRNAs. It's just it's just over right, Like, barring some sort of catastrophic series of events, we're all going to just go on. I mean, I mean not me. I didn't get vaccinated with any of them, but we're all just going to go on like it never happened. But the lab leak really matters, and it matters for a couple of reasons. It matters because there are three distinct cover right, there's the original cover up of the origins of the virus, which you know, I think almost to a certainty, came out of a lab in Wuhan which was doing experiments to try to make coronaviruses more dangerous in an effort to come up with better anti virals and vaccines against them. Okay, we can't be sure, and we may never be able to be sure, but that's cover up number one. Government Number two is that that's a Chinese cover up mostly governed. Number two is there were a group of Americans who were very closely and other Western scientists who were very closely related linked to that Chinese lab and had every reason to believe that this was what had happened before any of the rest of us, because they knew the research better and they did everything possible to try to steer the investigation and the investigators away from that by saying it was racist to even bring it up, by saying by coming up with all kinds of you know, BS origin theories, and by basically refusing to discuss this. And then there's a third cover up, which is the fact that the media went along with this. And in the last four years, as the evidence has sort of steadily accreted and we've seen evidence of that second cover up come out thanks to a lot of really diligent civilian detective work. They've refused to admit that. So there's three separate things going on here. And yeah, maybe we'll never know where COVID came from, and maybe we'll never have a definitive answer on how safe or dangerous the MR and a's where. It's a very very complicated question epidemiologically. But if we can't at least have an honest conversation about the fact that these people's self interest led them to help the Chinese hide the origins of a virus that killed millions of people, I don't know where we are as a country.
Speaker 1: What I want to ask you, if you would, for everyone, just in short form, based on the best information that we have access to today and the research that you've done on this issue, give us just the the what you know you mentioned those three cover ups. So China, it comes out of the lab, then what happens? Then what happens? And then what do they say?
Speaker 2: So it comes out the lab, it starts it's you know, it starts spreading quickly. There's evidence you know that actually in September twenty nineteen, that's when the Chinese might have first realized they had a problem, because you know, that's when they pulled a lot of their virus sample data from an international database. Now, for example, I'm sure that data exists somewhere in an NSA database, right because the NSA gets access to everything that's ever gone on the Internet. So I bet you at somewhere that data exists, but it is not available to any civilian. Okay, the Chinese pulled it. There's evidence that the Chinese, you know, rapidly wanted to change the filters, install higher grades stuff at the Luhan lab in the fall of twenty twenty. Okay, they don't contain this. It starts to leak in Wuhan. Don't know exactly when they realized it couldn't be contained, but you know, by by mid January they shut down Wuhan, you know, they really, and then they locked down the whole country pretty much by then, it's too late, okay. And here's here's what I think happened. The people in the US who understood the research the best, and that would have included Fauci or certainly some of Fauci's deputies, were very concerned. They actually thought this was deadly than it was okay, because because they knew the kind of research that had been proposed and proposed publicly. And this is something I wrote about in Unreported Truth less than two weeks ago and in a story that got a fair bit of attention. Ralph Barrack, who's sort of the leading coronavirus researcher in the world. You know this, this guy from North Carolina. He's at the University of North Carolina. He's an expert at you know, at coronavirus management, let's say, at at growing these viruses in the lab, at making them more dangerous. He really wanted in the twenty tens, he really wanted to find a way to develop a pan coronavirus vaccine. That is to say, there are many different sub variants or variants of coronavirus. He wanted to come up with a vaccine and with anti virals that would be able to treat all or most of them. And so that is the research that was going on there. There were efforts to find dangerous coronaviruses, mainly in caves in China, and there was a guy named Peter Dazak who was very involved with the Chinese on that part of it, and then there were efforts to actually figure out how the coronavirus could become most dangerous in an effort to build effective vaccines and anti virals, and those I think those people and the people who knew what research was going on were very scared in January and February twenty twenty. And that's one reason in the US and you know, and other countries locked down so hard and so fast.
Speaker 1: I feel like, wait one sec. Just that's such a critical distinction. Because people would go on the air during the pandemic and they would talk about this as a bio weapon, and I was always like, well, like, it's really finding it to they were messing with the super dangerous stuff so that they could figure out ways to cure It's not because the way that was framed, it always sounded to me like this isn't like the Chinese said, let's come up with the most dangerous virus imaginable to kill the most people imaginable, and that got out right. They were studying dangerous viruses with the idea that they could figure out. So I mean, I mean, would you call it a bio weapon or is.
Speaker 2: Like I would not call it a bio weapon, but I would say it was an engineered virus from what we know. Okay, here's the thing about coronavirus is very interesting. Before two thousand and three, before SARS, which the original SARS, the barologists kind of you, coronaviruses is something close to a joke. Okay, there were no coronaviruses that did much more than and cause common colds in people. Then Stars came along. Wasn't that transmissible, but it had a ten percent fatality rate. And in twenty thirteen, coronavirus named Mirrors came along, and that really wasn't transmissible, but it had a fifty percent fatality rate. I mean, which is you know, that's a bowl. Uh, that's you know, that's smallpox. That's a that's a bad. That's a bad.
Speaker 1: That's like a civilization ender. That's a big deal.
Speaker 2: That's right, Except you couldn't really spread it except you know, I mean you had to be like in a hospital breathing on a nurse for six hours straight. I'm exaggerating only slightly. It really didn't spread very fast. But guys like Barrack, I mean when I say guys like Bark, I mean mainly Barrick himself and a handful of other people who were experts on coronavirus said, look, this is what we're talking about. This is really dangerous. You have to let us research this so that we can get out in front of the next one of these. Okay, And and I'm not making this up. This is all. This was all publicly discussed, and there were fights about it because there were people on the other side who said, this is a really bad idea. We do not want to do gain of function research here. The risks outweigh the rewards. Okay. But but in the end, the virologists and you know, both in the US and in China kind of pushed ahead on this, and then particularly in China, they pushed a head on it. And so, okay, twenty nineteen, this thing starts to leak twenty twenty. It's uncontained, and there are clues from the outset that it is probably an engineered virus. There's this thing called the fer and cleavage site, which basically doesn't really exist in natural coronaviruses, and there's other evidence. Okay, And what does Fauci do, What does Ralph Barrack do, What does Peter Dazac do what doll basically all the leading viologists do. They say, if you want to, if you want to investigate this as a as a virus that leaked, you are racist, You are hurting our relationship with the Chinese. You are hurting science. This is a natural virus. We're gonna figure out where it came from, just like we did with the original stars, and you are wrong. Don't do this. And for over a year they essentially make it impossible either really for the US government or for you know, or for major news organizations, or for anybody to say, let's have a you know this, this is kind of weird, guys, let's let's talk about this. And by the time listen, the Chinese probably would never have and will never admit anything anyway. But by the time that sort of that diversionary tactic was seen through and broken, it was mid twenty twenty one, and it was really too late.
Speaker 1: All right, ox I gotta take a moment for our sponsor here, will keep going on the what comes next part of your investigative journey here to try to take this, you know, take this all the way and figure out all the missing pieces. But first up. You know, more Americans are buying gold now than at any time previously. Gold is up in value, up thirteen percent this year, and a Gallup poll has shown that purchasing gold is often a better long term investment than stocks and bonds. Price and value of gold is directly connected to world events, and over time it has been a store of value. So that's why I recommend you check out the ox Gold Group. I rely on the Oxford Gold Group for my gold and precious metal purchases. Nobody can predict the future, but we can take action to prepare for it. The Oxford Gold Group are real pros when it comes to buying precious precious metals like gold and silver, and they make it easy for you. It's who I go to for my gold and silver, which I keep here in my safe Oxford Gold Group. Give them a call. Eight three three nine nine five gold. That's eight three three nine nine five g O l D Okay. So what what do you know? So we're finding out more about the cover up the lablake. All this stuff were years into this now. I know a lot of people have moved on, but what remains to be either found out or you know, what what are the areas of this that you want to take the investigation next?
Speaker 2: Well, so, I mean, I think, yes, a lot of people have moved around. I do think it's important because you are talking about Tony Fauci, You're talking about the very you know, top scientists in the US establishment. It's important to know if there's evidence that they were real talking internally about the likelihood that this was, that this did come out of a lab, what they might have been talking about the Chinese about. And you know, there are some Republicans in Congress who are who are continuing to push this Rand Paul has not let this go. There are some uh, there are some people on the House side who are not letting this go. They're gonna be hearings in May. Peter Dazak is going to testify under oath. I just I think, look again, unless unless somebody from the Chinese side defects or comes out, and it's very hard to imagine that happening, we may never you know, we may never have a definitive answer to what happened in twenty nineteen that likely caused this virus to be you know, to to leak.
Speaker 1: I got what happened all the variants. Remember there was like a variant every six months, and got to be scared of the variants. Where are all the variants?
Speaker 2: So here here's an interesting point, right, So in twenty two the virus did very little mutating. Okay, and coronavirus is historically mutat quite fast. Well, why did you do very little mutating because it was so perfectly adapted to human beings when it came out. Why because it because it had been passaged through a lab where it had been manipulated in a lab to be very well adapted to human beings. Okay, then what happens. Then we do this massive vaccine campaign with this very very potent vaccine that's targeted directly at the spike, and guess what happens over the next eighteen months from twenty twenty two, well twenty twenty one into late twenty twenty two, there's a ton of mutations in this thing, including delta than omicron. Guess what in the last twelve months, there's been much less vaccination and there's been much less mutation. So probably the virus has done really what it always quote unquote wanted to do. It's come to a place where it's more transmissible, less via. We don't have a vaccine, you know, people aren't getting vaccinated constantly, so there's not a lot of evolutionary pressure on it to beat the vaccination. And we're done. We're where we would have been. Buck if let's say, let's go back to twenty twenty, and let's say there hadn't been hysteria, and you know, we done, we'd done some reason, you know, we tried to protect the nursing homes. We'd all live like Florida. Okay, probably we'd be back. We'd be right where we are right now. We'd have a less transmissible or less virulent, more transmissible variant, and we'd all be on with our lives just like we are.
Speaker 1: I view this whole thing now, not only through the lens of they were wrong about everything, and they were horrible while they're wrong about everything. You know, Alex, I was in Miami International Airport coming back from a weekend away with my wife. They still have mask up everywhere, you know, signs, which is I know everyone ignores it. I understand that there's this sense like it's not a big deal anymore, except I think it's a huge deal. Like May maybe I'm crazy. I sit here, I'm like, these maniacs were completely wrong about everything. I mean everything, the whole thing.
Speaker 2: The whole thing was.
Speaker 1: It was top to bottom wrong. Wrong about the school closures, wrong about lockdowns, wrong about masks, wrong about the vaccine efficacy and stopping transmission. They were wrong across the board. And I don't understand. I mean, Rand Paul, whom my radio audience knows this, I love if I could just like make someone a president, like if I just sort of go poof, like he'll never win. And I know that, so you know, you need someone like Trump who can actually fight the machine. But if I could just put someone off, as I think Rand Paul wild actually be a phenomenal president on a number of levels. He cares. Very few other people, though, seem to be focused in on this, and I sit here and I'm like, this was I feel like we failed, or rather the system failed at every level and there's no changes made whatsoever except the system is ready to do it again. Is that too pessimistic?
Speaker 2: I think? Unfortunately, that's about right. And that's why again, like I can't fight over all of it. You know, my audience underported truths they're pretty they like to read about this stuff, but I need to. My feeling is, let's at least try to get some accountability for the fact that the people who knew the most about this almost certainly lied about it in twenty twenty. If we can't forget, we're never gonna get anybody to admit that the MR ANDAs didn't really work very well. School closures again, they the only thing where will admit that they made some mistakes. I think lockdowns people on the left won't really admit that they shouldn't have locked down. But you notice no one ever talks about lockdowns as a future strategy anymore. So I think there's a little bit of a realization there. But the lab leak, maybe maybe Peter Dazac, maybe Ralph Bark, Maybe we can at least get these guys to testify under oath and admit what they knew. If we can't do that, then you're right. Then we're just sitting here waiting for the next, you know, medium strength virus to come along so that they so that the world, these all these people can play this game.
Speaker 1: Yet again, I want to ask you now, I'm gonna switch gears because you know, you were the guy on all this stuff, and some of us very much appreciated the work that you did.
Speaker 2: Then.
Speaker 1: I mean I was I was getting I think I got more rage both in person from people shouting at me, like random strangers for being unmasked and things like that, because I just utterly, I mean, unless I was going to get arrested or like barred from the premises, I just refused to do it as much as that possibly could. But also online people were absolutely sadistic maniacs about the whole thing, and I think I got more of it from them on the COVID stuff anything else. So some of us very much appreciated while that was going on that you know, you were out there taking you know, you kind of look like Leonidas at the end of three hundred, where he's just like just arrow sticking out of him.
Speaker 2: Get to my hair, I must apologize need a haircut, but but you you were, you were covered in all those arrows.
Speaker 1: I do wonder, even if it was privately, you know and quietly, did anyone ever come up to you and say, man from the left specifically, man, I was I was a horrible I was a horrible you know, d bag and you were right. No what literally, no one, not a single person.
Speaker 2: Not a single perton one person in the last two years has said you were right about the lockdown. So this is just like somebody in my town and I actually wrote about that. Uh and and and somebody I know who is sort of a journalist of some note said to me privately, uh, but this was in the context of you're wrong about the vaccines. It was that it was sort of like, well, it looks like you were pretty right about some of the twenty twenty stuff. But uh but but never said that publicly and so uh So the answer is no, answers, Yeah, answer is no.
Speaker 1: Yeah, answers.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: Well, there we have it. Before we we're gonna switch gears, because you actually have really interesting insight on something that's not directly in your usual barons in field of view, but the Trump trial situation New York City, which is obviously big in the headlines this week. I wanted you to take take some of that on because even for people, what I like is when there are people that are analyzing the legal stuff and they will say I you know, they'll even say, look like I'm not a Trump person, or maybe you know I have my concerns, but that this case is the absolute dumbest, most unjust nonsense abuse possible. So we're gonna we're gonna talk about the New York trial in a second. But you know, with this podcast, we're all about having deep conversations on things that impact us the world we live, and we're just talking about COVID and lockdowns. But when it comes to stock market, that's what columnist Mark Chakin does in his coverage of where the markets are going and what's going to be happening. Mark worked on Wall Street for fifty years, and his time on the street, he invented three new industries for the NASDAK and has predicted some of the biggest market ships of the past decade, including the recent focus in AI stocks. Mark is saying there's a new dawn for US stocks ahead and he predicts dozens of specific companies will be impacted in just next in just the next ninety days time. So Marc has agreed to share one of his favorite AI stocks to buy now with listeners to this show, Let's put it all together in presentation at twenty twenty four aistock dot com. That's twenty twenty four aistock dot Com paid for by Shaking Analytics Alex. The situation of the trial in New York City. Take me through what you think is most absurd about it?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, it's it's all absurd. Okay, it's a it's business. It's think about what the underlying charges are. And I think, you know, you need to look at this in the context also of the civil case, where the media. There's the media. There's what the media is saying about the two cases. There's what's actually happening in the two cases, and then there's like, try to think, in the broadest point of view, what is the crime here. So so, in the civil case, which just concluded, Donald Trump faces you know, a half billion dollar penalty and the it's not a crime because it's a civil case. But the infraction that he is alleged to have committed was lying to banks about the value of assets on loans. Okay. The thing is the banks do their own independent analysis of those loans. Much but more importantly than that, no one disputes that Donald Trump paid back every time with interest at the agreed to interest rate that that the bank loaned him. Okay, So the fraud if there was fraud had no effect. Okay. So so it's as if like the analogy I use was, you go and make a deal with the contractor and you say the contractor, I can pay you upfront, or I'm gonna pay you next week. I got all the money in my bank account right now, I can pay you next week. And you're lying when you say that. Okay, you don't have the money, but you're gonna get it in a week, and you don't want the contractor to, you know, go to somebody else's house. You want to do the work right now. So he does the work, the money that you expected to come in does come in, You do pay him, he is satisfied, and then for some reason the New York State finds out that you didn't have the money at the time when you said you did, even though you got it later, and they say you committed fraud and they take your house. Okay, that's the civil case that's last, or the February insanity. Okay, this is a criminal case. So the stakes are even higher. Donald Trump could go to jail. And what is Donald Trump alleged to have done? Okay, the case gets reported as it's about hush money. It's about paying back Stormy Daniels or paying off Stormy Daniels. But it's not actually about that when you read the indictment. What it's about is that Donald Trump didn't pay Stormy Daniels directly. He paid Michael Cohen and or I'm sorry, Michael Cohen, his lawyer paid her off, okay, for what was effectively an extortion attempt.
Speaker 1: But put that a difference off in between hush money and extortion cases.
Speaker 2: I wonder, well, the difference is if you have a smart lawyer who who doesn't make any specific threats. I mean, really, that's the difference. By the way, I don't think extortion should be a crime. I think extortion is something rich people use when poor people try to get money from them and aren't smart enough to have lawyers involved. But to the extent that extortion is a crime, this was This was extortion, okay, even though again Stormy Daniels danced through the rain drops by you know, she was selling her story, she didn't put a number on there. Whatever, she she didn't get charged. So so in the eyes of the lass, she's cleaning. So Michael Cohen pays her off, okay, That is not the conduct at issue in this case, even though the State of New York is focusing on it. The conduct at issue in the indictment is that Donald Trump or the Trump organization then paid Michael Cohen. Okay, and they didn't actually pay them hundred and thirty thousand dollars. They paid him four hundred twenty thousand dollars. Why because they wanted him to be able to pay the taxes on the one hundred and thirty and he wanted to be paid in salary, not as a reimbursement. And then they threw in some other money. So already it's complicated. It's not. There's not quite a direct line from the payment Cohen made to the Stormy Daniels to the money he got from Trump. Okay, but let's just look at that, okay. The crime, the crime that Donald Trump is being charged with thirty four felonies for is that he misclassified in his own internal business records a payment he made to his lawyer as being for quote unquote legal services, when it was in reality, in part a money that went to Stormy Daniels. That is the crime, Okay. That is a crazy thing to face. Thirty four felony charges for and on top of that, there shouldn't even in New York State. That's not a felony, a misdemeanor classifying business records improperly. And again, normally, there would have to be some allegation that some third party lost money in others this this should come into play when let's say I own a restaurant and the restaurant lost one hundred grand and I'm trying to raise more money for the restaurant from outsiders, and they say, we need to see your books, so I show them my books, but I forget to show them you know that I lost a million dollars last year. Okay, That's that's what this is supposed to protect. It's supposed to protect outsiders from fraud. Not not like I'm putting an expense that I paid in one trash instead of another trash in my own records. Okay, but let's just say Donald Trump did this. This is a misdemeanor. It's not a felony. How are they charging as a felony. They're charging a felony because they're saying there's an underlying crime that he was trying to conceal. What is the underlying crime that they are claiming. Well, they've never actually come out and charged him with any underlying crime, which is weird. But what they seem to have settled on is that the crime was improperly trying to influence the twenty sixteen election. Okay, so that's a felony. Was he engaged in a criminal conspiracy to influence the twenty sixteen election in which he was a candidate, by the way, So influencing the election and running for president, I'm not sure how you just see what those things. But let's just say, let's say he did that. Okay, let's say the money to Stormy Daniels was part of a conspiracy to influence the twenty sixteen election. Here is the deepest problem of all in this crazy case. He's not being charged for those payments. He's being charged for activity that he did in twenty seventeen falsifying these business records. So the payments to Michael Cohen started in twenty seventeen, the election was in twenty sixteen. How can New York State say with a straight fi that Donald Trump committed an act designed to influence the twenty sixteen election. After the twenty sixteen election was concluded, unless they're gonna say it a time machine, which I didn't see in the indictment anywhere. So both the sort of like overall charges here and the specifics of the charges are insane, okay, And once you actually sit down and read this, it just it looks terrible. It looks like New York State is just out to get Donald Trump by any means necessary. They went after him for a half billion dollars for a bunch of loans that he repaid, and now they're charging him with felonies based on something that on their own legal theory doesn't make any sense. And these are all Democrats, okay, they're all you know, hard left Democrats. He's being tried in Manhattan, which went eighty five point fifteen against him in twenty twenty. I mean, look, I I said this today on Twitter. I didn't vote for Donald Trump in twenty twenty. I don't really like Donald Trump. I am not voting for him in twenty twenty four. I'm not voting for Biden. I didn't vote for Biden in twenty twenty either. Not voting for either of these guys. But to anybody who believes that the rule of law actually matters, and that you like your your conduct should mean something to the crime that you're charged with, and that the crime should have some like like the seriousness of the offense, some relationship to what you did. You should you should be terrified by this. This is like you speed through a red light and they take your car away and throw you into git.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a it's outrageous. Everyone should go check out Alex Parrison Unreported Truths. We went along on the podcast. It's always so much fun to have him on. But on Substack Unreported truth No, it's great man. We we miss you. We haven't had you on the show in a bit. Unreported Truths on Substack and Alex that will have you back soon. Thank you for all your work and thank you for standing strong, especially on Masks and the Vac's Madness. Appreciate you, thank you, thank you back