Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong Show, Katty Armstrong and Jettie and Key Armstrong and Jeddy live even from Studio C. So let's say signor it is a dimly lit room.
Speaker 2: We're deep within the bowels of the Armstrong and Getting Communications compound, last full week before Christmas, Holy Cow, and today we're under the tutelage of our general manager, honorary honorary general manager Rob Reiner.
Speaker 1: What the hell yeah, our.
Speaker 2: Actual general manager today the Boy Scouts. Jack will explain, Well, we're gonna raise money for this for Scouting USA this week. It's our last week of being on there, so last week of shows for twenty twenty five. I'm gonna make it a rarely really big push to raise money for Scouting USA. And we'll explain why we think that's a good idea a little bit later. We're hoping that as you're running around spending money on everything in the world, including yourself, you can throw a couple of dollars the direction of Scouting USA and let's see how much money we can raise, if nothing else, to allow more kids to join that maybe don't have the funds to be able to do so, but we'll talk more about that later.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, and why it's impossible.
Speaker 2: You've got the war on boys, you've got the left demonizing boys, and you got a great organization that to advocate traditional values and training kids up to be great young men. I love it, Ron, if you haven't heard me talk about it, the the what I've seen since my son joined Boy Scouts last March is just stunning. Stunning is an organization. So I can't wait to talk about that later. I am as always shocked by what the news decides to cover. There are three big stories going right now, and it seems like they put the only one of world significance last. Rob Reiner and his wife being stabbed to death is a very interesting story, and we will talk about it, no doubt, but it is of no greater significance to anyone outside the Reiner family, really friends and family. Then he got the shooting at Brown University, which I suppose it's got a little significance. But we have one of these a week, and it's always some angry nut job and we never come to any conclusion. Happens too often. But maybe you want to talk about this or that. But but the one that they put in third place if they mention it at all, the slaying of all those people in Australia, clearly by by by people that tore allegiance to ISIS who wanted to kill Jews.
Speaker 1: That is of huge global significance and.
Speaker 2: A problem the world needs to deal with, and it's being put in third place at best as a news story.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if it's covered at all, it's.
Speaker 2: Well, the shocking rise in anti semitism in the United States, Wow, the shocking rise anti semitism in Australia dot dot dot, Germany dot dot dot, Britain, France, wherever, And nobody ever says, where's all this anti semitism coming from? Exactly? Okay, part of its young woke types, young leftists.
Speaker 1: Who's pushing them in that direction? Anybody ever asked that.
Speaker 2: No, it's acted as if it's a you know, dots that are utterly unconnectable. What a strange coincidence. Well, let's just move on because I'm uncomfortable with this discussion. Well, the way I just heard it's portrayed on NPR was it's a gun issue. It's clearly a gun issue. Australia's going to take a long look at their gun laws see if they can tighten them, and how did these guys get their guns? And they're going hard at that. The problem is not the gun thing. The problem is you got a whole bunch of fundamentalist Muslims pouring into various countries who one eight Jews or two don't believe in your structure of society and everything else and have no interest in assimilating. And what is the world going.
Speaker 1: To do with that?
Speaker 2: That is a huge story, like world changing makes history books two hundred years from now. Story.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was just reading more about the crackdown on free speech in Europe and particularly Britain, which is perhaps the worst, which is sad because that's our old Grandpappy Britain. And the point that I should say, the motivation behind a lot of the crackdown on you know, social media posts that could bring discomfort or strife for whatever the idiotic wording of these laws is is the authorities are desperate to just like, let's just not have any conflict. Let's just pretend there's no conflict here at all, and maybe everything will calm down and everybody'll be fine. It's the classic, you know, ignoring a problem until it becomes so terrible there's no ignoring it, and you'll let it go too far. I was actually thinking, I'm glad this is our raising money for a good cause. It comes at a good time because there's some horrible things going on. Number what you're going to be solved in a this week, and maybe we can focus on good for a little bit this week, as opposed to have to talk about that all the time, because that is a frustrating topic the whole I assume you heard if you follow the news at all. But somebody went on to the campus of Brown University, which is in Providence, Rhode Island, and started firing off their gun and killed people. One of those kind of shootings. The interesting one on this one is they ain't got the shooter. Usually the shooter is dead or arrested. Usually dead, sometimes arrested on the loose, not very often.
Speaker 1: That's a new one.
Speaker 2: Shadowy figure caught on video dressed all in black dot DT no idea who he is or where he went. Then to the story that is of no greedier significance, but certainly damned interesting. How does a giant Hollywood icon and his wife end up stabbed to death in a really, really fancy neighborhood with all kinds of protection.
Speaker 1: And here's right, I jump in and and disagree with you.
Speaker 2: There's a good chance it has no greater significance a decent chance. It also absolutely could be yet another tale of a multiple arrest see perhaps convict turned loose by California's justice system over and over again, or a junkie that's been allowed to just continue being a lawless junkie for years and years on the streets of California. You're not leaning toward the kid, like the New York Post is.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know they got they got a kid who's been homeless, in a drug addict a lot of his adult life. Seems like it was somebody who was able to get into the house easily.
Speaker 1: Right right. Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's interesting how the respectable media and maybe this is a good thing is not going there.
Speaker 1: Oh, I think it is a good thing.
Speaker 2: Well, the first story I've written in the New York Post, I mean, like shortly after the news broke was then they just went to a paragraph about the kid who's had all kinds of drug problems a bit on the street, and I thought, was there a sentence that transitioned to this or you just throw that in there? I mean, what what what are you trying to imply here? I mean, do you have any knowledge that we don't have? I mean, they just threw in a paragraph out of nowhere about their kid and his problems, and I thought what. But then later then the reporting started to be be that the police were actually looking at the kid. But yeah, the daughter, I guess, told the cops, hey, look to the sun.
Speaker 1: Interesting.
Speaker 2: You know, certainly New York Post is like the talk radio of newspapers.
Speaker 1: It's like, yeah, it might be true, let's go ahead and say it.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, well, you know, which is its own value, especially with Twitter out there, which is going to do it anyway.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: But that would that wouldn't you know? And this is awful obviously if it isn't the kid and he's like got his act together and he's like, hey, I'm I was playing tennis. I'm sad as hell, my parents just got killed. Leave me alone. But yeah, the idea that somebody that could get into the house would be welcomed.
Speaker 1: Into the house.
Speaker 2: I was surprised when I heard they're now treating it as a homicide. You don't see a lot of murder suicides with stabbings. No, Yeah, good lord, that's quite either way, it's horrific.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah. Anyway, obviously, you.
Speaker 2: Know, I saw somebody label him as one of the biggest figures in the history of television, and I'd say that has to be true television and movies, he definitely would be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he'd be one of the big giant, absolute giant. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And we'll go through his credits, but they are many. He was on Bill Maher's Basement Show just a couple of weeks ago. I watched it. It's very, very funny. I loved the stuff when they weren't being political because I don't agree with Meathead's politics, but it's funny that is his character on TV that made him famous was the same like as who he was. That may be one of the reasons he was able to portray Meatheads so authentic and maybe it's straight out of his heart. But anyway, on the Bill Marshaw, when they weren't talking politics, he was a very very entertaining guy with Hollywood stories and just just a funny, funny dude.
Speaker 1: Oh, hilariously funny. Yeah, incredibly talented.
Speaker 2: That's why I wish artists would just maybe not be quite so obnoxious. I mean, if you want to express your point of view, fine, but you don't have to be like obnoxious and mean about it.
Speaker 1: And he was frequently. But anyway, he.
Speaker 2: Didn't deserve to be killed, probably by his wayward son. And then another shocking headline we'll talk about later, Jimmy Lai was found guilty in his trial in Hong Kong. That's a shock since the Chinese Communist Party had taken over the justice system there and hate him, and he's probably going to die in jail. He should be a hero for the world. He should get the Nobel Peace Prize or something someday. You know, I'm going to make it an interesting point here, or I'm going to make a point. I'll let you be the judge of it's interesting. I was going through emails preparing mail bag for later in the hour, and one of our beloved listeners expressed to us what a horrible weekend it was with the murder of the Jewish people in Australia, shooting at Brown University, the killing of the rhiners, et cetera, et cetera. And it struck me that, you know, none of those really impacted that person or me personally, and I certainly would have come across the accounts of them, read about them, that sort of thing. But I just thought it was an interesting notion because horrible, ugly things happened.
Speaker 1: It was a somewhere in the world.
Speaker 2: It was a terrible weekend, and if you direct your gaze in the right directions, you're gonna have a horrible weekend, in a horrible day every single day of your life. I mean, just look at Africa for instance. I won't go into detail, but.
Speaker 3: There's carnage and genocide going on there you don't even want to hear about. So it's just yet another example of the omnipresence of the worst things on earth in our news feeds and the rest of.
Speaker 1: It all the time. It's not healthy. No, human beings are not designed for that.
Speaker 2: We're designed to experience life personally, not by proxy from fifteen thousand miles away the worst.
Speaker 1: Stuff they can find.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I hope that person meant, you know, for the news cycle, it was a bad weekend, not for my life. If taking in the news means you had a bad weekend. That's not good. Well, yeah, I wouldn't fault them, though. I think they're making a very common Uh well, they're having a very common experience. You get all of this horror, horror washing over you, and it starts to affect you.
Speaker 1: I know it does me.
Speaker 2: Yeah. We made Christmas cookies, watch some Christmas shows, worked at the Christmas tree lot for the Boy Scouts, variety of things. My son volunteered with the food bank on Saturday morning.
Speaker 1: It was all good stuff. Very few rapes or murders in my life over the weekend.
Speaker 2: Favorite cookie round the horn, don't think about it. Favorite cookie, Jack, you want to lead. It's got to be these sugar cookies for Christmas? Why are they Why do we only make them once a year. They're the best cookie in the world because we'd all weigh eight hundred times if they didn't. It's got to be carefully limited.
Speaker 1: Michael.
Speaker 2: Favorite cookie snickerdoodle. Oh, the snickerdoodle is a fun shoot. Fancy oh fancy Katie Green. Favorite cookie the classic chocolate chip. Yeah, it's pretty hard to be homemade chocolate chip. I got to do.
Speaker 1: I'm with Katie on that one. Yeah, dang it.
Speaker 2: Christmas cookie is good though with the frosting on it, the butter cream frosting. Holy crap. Okay, we got to start the show officially. We're running out of time.
Speaker 1: I ate like five of them last night, only five. My son did all the work. That means ten.
Speaker 2: It's like cops say they have to double drinks when they ask you how many drinks you had when they pull you over, you have to double it. So you like doctors say, ask him how much they exercise, then cut it in half, ask him how much they drink, then double it.
Speaker 1: That's the truth.
Speaker 2: I'm Jack Armstrong, He's Joe Getty on this. It is Monday, December fifteenth or twenty twenty five. We're armstrong in getting we approve of this program.
Speaker 1: Here we go.
Speaker 2: Let's begin officially according to FCC rules and rags, final week of the broadcast year at Mark.
Speaker 4: And of course I'm going to say a few words about the terrible shooting in Sydney, Australia. Okay, So when first, of course is I always say, no matter what, go bills, they beat the Patriots today.
Speaker 1: It's a big deal. Wow.
Speaker 2: As a Jewish guy, I'm gonna say something about the slaughter of Jews in Australia, but first go bills. Yeah wow, wow, Okay, we got Katie's headlines on the way, stay here arm Strong, he Geeddy.
Speaker 1: We've done a couple.
Speaker 2: Of great texts from people whose kids went through Boy Scouts and want to talk about how great it was for their kids and their friends. Maybe we'll get to that later. If you want to donate now, like you got to run off to work or whatever, go to Armstrong in geddy dot com. We made it really really easy to donate. We're going to talk more.
Speaker 1: About it later.
Speaker 2: We want to make sure kids who can't afford to be and scouting convenience Scouting give as much as you can five ten bucks whatever, that's fine.
Speaker 1: Katie Green has who's reporting?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 1: It's the lead story, Katie, what's happening?
Speaker 5: So much awful news, the big stories of Brown University shooting. So we'll start with the three headlines from there from NBC. Person of Interest in Brown University shooting to be released as Manhunt for killer is on the way.
Speaker 2: Sorry about that thought it was you anyway, Have a nice.
Speaker 5: Day, yeah, CNN Manhunt for Brown University shooter enters third day, and ABC mayor says anxiety level has risen a mid mad hunt.
Speaker 1: All right, Fox News.
Speaker 5: Hollywood director and actor Rob Reiner and wife Michelle found dead as rumors swirl.
Speaker 2: Every sounds like a family thing. Yeah, everybody on the text line, it was the son. It was the son. It was the son though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, terrible.
Speaker 5: Washington Post Australian officials alleged Bondai beach shooting was carried out by father and son.
Speaker 1: Radical Muslims hated the Jews.
Speaker 2: You see, their religions superior to everyone's, and they want to kill anybody who denies it, especially the Jews. And I like to people that are making this point, this is what globalize the intofauda is that what that phrase that your college kid was chained h means this?
Speaker 5: CBS, Open Ai and Microsoft sued over chat GPT's alleged role in fueling man's paranoid delusions before murder suicide in Connecticut.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I read about that one. It's crazy. It's the usual. They just agreed with everything he said, no matter how paranoid and bizarre it was.
Speaker 1: Well, I haven't heard this.
Speaker 2: We'll talk about more about that definitely.
Speaker 5: USA Today, Pelosi says, quote without a doubt, Obamacare is her greatest accomplishment.
Speaker 1: Good lord, wow, that's a claim.
Speaker 5: What New York Post door dash driver caught Pepper spraying food bizarrely claims she was aiming at a spider.
Speaker 2: Huh was the spider rioting?
Speaker 1: Right? That's interesting.
Speaker 2: That's interesting how stupid lies people make up when they're in trouble.
Speaker 5: Nicholas Study fines once firm donor fathered two hundred children and passed on a deadly mutation and it could happen again.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, dikes.
Speaker 5: Yeah. And finally, the Babylon Bee Jesus kind of bummed. He was born on December twenty fifth, and now his birthday will forever be overshadowed by Christmas, which is kind of the theme of a Charlie Brown Christmas as we watched it last night.
Speaker 1: I want to talk about that too.
Speaker 2: That's a multi layer joke there by the folks. That is the Babylon b Very nice. That's a deep one, that's deeper than usual. We have so much to get to today. We're going to talk to a representative of Scouting America to explain to you all the good that they do, and why you're going to want to donate money, among other things.
Speaker 1: Later today, Armstrong and Getdy.
Speaker 6: Some potential progress in talks to try and end the war in Ukraine. Top us negotiator Steve Wikoff meeting with the Ukrainian President Vladimir Zelenski for more than five hours. In Germany, Zelenski says he's prepared to drop his country's demand to join NATO. That's been a major sticking point for Russia.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The next sentence is if the United States it puts in guarantees of defense. Okay, Well, yeah, I'd dropped the NATO demand too, if I had the biggest military in the world saying we'll come to your aid if you get attacked. What do you need NATO for? So that's kind of interesting to me. The number one story around that whole thing was the first story in sixty minutes last night. Did you see that about how Germany's rearming and how serious they are about it all because of the whole Ukraine Russia thing, And I loved I want to get the clip the Defense minister of Germany. The last thing said on that story last night was, Hey, if you like being able to demonstrate in the street and worship whoever God you want, or love whoever you want, and like this sort of freedom, you have to fight for it. That's Germany saying that the pacifist My whole life. Pacifist Germany saying, if you want freedom, you need to be able willing to fight for it.
Speaker 1: And they are.
Speaker 2: They are, as he pointed out, the number three economy in the world, and they're pouring tons of money into this, and they they've got lots of recruits, and it was really really interesting. But also did you see the part with the cockroaches. They they it's kind of a funny aside because the other stuff was very serious and very real. But then they also there they figured out a way to steer cockroaches. They put a little like backpack on cockroaches and then you have a little steering wheel and you can steer them around. And you found that funny. There's nothing funny about armed cockroaches. I just thought, so you did, Lord, do you find them in your kitchen, you decide to kill them.
Speaker 1: They decided to kill you back.
Speaker 2: It's like driving a remote control car, except for driving these cockroaches around. And they showed they demonstrated cockroach walking across the floor and you.
Speaker 1: Can make it turn left or right or do whatever.
Speaker 2: But you saw that promotional video from the company doing those experiments. How you know you could outfit those cockroaches with cameras and all and just have them swarm into some enemy.
Speaker 1: You know the area the layer hide down.
Speaker 2: Famously hard to kill, can squeeze through any crack, practically nothing kills.
Speaker 1: Them, right right, Yeah, amazing.
Speaker 2: The one more comment on the Germany thing that I want to get to a really interesting story about the American military, but the German thing. Look, I realize not everybody is a history freak, okay.
Speaker 1: But you're talking.
Speaker 2: Anytime anybody brings up the German military, everybody's got to say, but his people are uncomfortable about this because of the Nazis. Yeah, I was in Germany's unfortunate history, and there was some concern given that that was eighty years ago. Eighty well, and really the rise of that ideology was one hundred freaking years ago. I mean, come on, right, right, it's fine, Hey, don't go Nazi, all right, so we evon't. Okay, there we go, We're fine, Let's defend ourselves not. I know, I was surprised by that too, the amount of time. I mean, it's clearly a thing there in Germany. They worry about it all the time, and it's a serious scar on their national identity, definitely, But at some point, like I mean, like Norm MacDonald's bit. Actually it was on the last episode of Letterman when Norm McDonald is thing about Germany started a war with the world twice and as he said, you know, the more I learned about Adolf Hitler, the more I don't care for him. If you are a sixty year old German leader of you know, whatever, politics, the military, whatever. Right now, you were born twenty years after the war ends, I'm not blaming you for it.
Speaker 1: You weren't there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is interesting. The law appearance were infants the long shadow of that. Yeah, well it was pretty horrible. But it's fine. Let's get over it. Look, don't be Nazis. Okay, Okay, we won't again. It's solved. There, we go. Well, especially since they're spending all this money there in Germany and rearming and retraining and all this sort of stuff with you know, with the statements of if you like freedom, this is why we need to be strong. If you hate the Jews, here's why we need to be strong. Or if you hate France, this is why we need to be strong.
Speaker 1: If you would enjoy a forthrike with some Laban's realm, yeah everything we deserve. Yeah No, they're not saying that anyway.
Speaker 2: So we have many times asked the question is the US military adapting quickly enough to the modern battlefield, whether it's the cyber stuff or more specifically and more relevant to today's news, all the drone warfare and counter drone warfare in Ukraine, the fast moving, light, cheap battlefield of today versus gigantic tanks and artillery systems there are you know, the guns of Navrone might still matter in the next big conflict, but a lot of it's going to be fought quickly and lightly. Are they doing enough? Wall Street Journal with a great feature over the weekend talking about these massive maneuvers taking place, well massive, massively important in Hawaii as our guys the Army specifically are trying out all sorts of different drone technologies in the hot, humid jungles because there's a certain giant country that's hostile that if we have to get into shooting more with them. A lot of it's going to be in hot, humid jungles on islands specifically. Do we have remote control cockroaches.
Speaker 1: Not yet, but we're working with the Gentlemans.
Speaker 2: Are those going to be available for Christmas? I mean Christmas is next Thursday. If I could get those for the kids and they could steer the cockroaches around the living room and have battles or whatever, trust me, wait for the next generation. They're just beta testing the Revoca cockroaches. They'll be crashing into your lamps and stuff like that, or it doesn't work in All you've done is bring a bunch of cockroaches in your house, right, They shake off their little packs and then go hide in the shadows. So you got these guys running around with really realistic drone encounter drone exercises, trying all sorts of different systems. And it also goes into how the military is really changing its procurement protocols, which is something everybody says they need to do so that you know, you're not signing five year deals with one big, you know, defense company and by two months from now their drones are out of date. They've been counter you know whatever countered by the enemy, and I came away from reading this with a couple of impressions, and it's funny. I don't think they mentioned him specifically. I have not heard a single person say anything negative about Pete Hegzath and his leadership of the Pentagon, purely in terms of readiness to fight. I've never heard anybody even question his seriousness on innovation and protecting our troops and being smart in warfare.
Speaker 1: So far, it seems like he gets very high marks in that.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I could be wrong, but again, nobody's even questioned it. Interesting. Yeah, they criticize him in general sense, or he's too mouthy or whatever, he fires people too fast, I don't know. But anyway, but the last aspect of this own we're talking about is having the technology is one thing. Being able to build it really, really fast is the other thing. Because Ukraine and Russia are making millions of drones a year, China can outproduce them both, and so the Army is hoping to spur domestic drone production over the next few years. I you know, hook it up with the best most innovative companies and saying, look, we're gonna need you to change with the technology. We'll change with the technology. Let's let's get into bed.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: When I read the other day how many drones China is creating compared to us, it was very troubling, very well yeah, yeah, And then the clip we started with is Zelenski saying, sure, we'll give up the getting in NATO if we get guarantees from the United States. Do you think we're going to give them the sort of guarantees he's wanting. Where we would come to I mean, we'll go to war with Russia if he reinvades. I had to be a hell of a thing. Yeah, I'm highly skeptical. Well, I would think it would. I'm not exactly sure what I think about as a policy. I mean that basically be the policy if Ukraine joined NATO or if or today, if Russia invades to NATO country, that's the business into NATO. So in what sense are they not in NATO. They don't get to come to the cocktail parties. We'll have mutual defense treatings, but they're not in NATO. What does that even mean? I know some of you feel like surrounding Russia with NATO is what caused this, and we pushed Putin into feeling like he had no choice but to evade U crate that whole thing. But it would be an interesting move given Trump's history. It would be the opposite of what he's been saying running on for all these years.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: One of the flaws in the United States as an ally, especially when you make a promise like that that everybody's looking at and saying, really, they're really going to do that, is the next administration might not feel the same and might not be ready to put their guns with their mouths up. Oh, Biden, endlessly, We're with you to the end, to the end. The crowd cheers endlessly, okay or argently kind of sort of or depends on public polling and the next administration. Yeah, all that's where it stuff. Well, Ukraine gave up their nukes because we said we would protect their sovereignty and then we didn't. I mean, well, if you're an NFL fan and a Chiefs, eight are good news. They aren't going to be in the playoffs this year, and they certainly aren't going to be in the super Bowl. For the first time in a very long time, you don't have to worry about the Chiefs. I don't know what you're thinking in terms of prize picks nowadays. Maybe get some Patriots on there.
Speaker 1: I guess.
Speaker 2: Less or more on Philip Rivers needing to sit down and take a cat nap during the game.
Speaker 1: Forty four year old.
Speaker 2: We're coming off the bench first time in five years, right, grandfather with ten kids? Yeah amazing. We'll tell you more about that later. But Prize Picks is easy, easy, easy, fun fantasy sports. You don't have to go to a draft and your team sucks after three weeks and you realize your season is over. No, with Prize Picks, you don't have to wait until next year's draft. Price Picks lets you play fantasy football every week, pick your favorite players and win when they hit their projections. Every week, no draft requard, just at least two players and tell us whether they're gonna get more or less than the staff projection. A lot of teams got bumped out of the playoffs this weekend, doesn't matter. With Prize Picks, you can still be in clear to the end, which is pretty pretty cool. In this new feature, you can get your money before the game even ends. You'll have to look into that. Download the Prize Sicks app today. Use the code Armstrong. You get fifty dollars in lineups after you play your first five dollars lineup.
Speaker 1: That's the coade Armstrong.
Speaker 2: You get fifty dollars in lineups to have fun with after you played just a five dollars lineup.
Speaker 1: Prize picks.
Speaker 2: It's good to me, right, Former Charger star Philip Rivers, because the Indianapolis Colts needed a quarterback, they tapped him at age forty four, hadn't played in years.
Speaker 1: It just shows you how few people can do that job.
Speaker 2: Yeah, to to some extent, also, Rivers was good friends with the head coach and he knew the offense. He even installed it. He was coaching high school football. He even installed that offense in his at his high school. Simplified obviously. But and I'm sure the coach said, hey, Phil, are you doing like physically and stuff. You haven't gained seventy five pounds, have you? Because he knew. You know, he's got it up in his head. And you know, the bottom line of the story is forty four year old Philip Rivers hadn't played in five years. He came back and he achieved the average quarterback ranking for all the quarterbacks in the league.
Speaker 1: Good for him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's really an amazing story. He's a hell of a nice fella too, so he's easy to root for. Didn't get his legs broken or anything like that.
Speaker 1: No. No.
Speaker 2: Also, one of my favorite sports writers, Jason Gay the Wall Street Journal, said, especially early in the game, he looked like he was stumbling around like your uncle trying to make a sandwich in the dark kind of phrases.
Speaker 1: That's unfair. It's an unfair phrase. That's what it is. Okay, we got mail bag.
Speaker 2: And let's say one thing too, as I think I may have a better body than him right now, I don't get out there and prove it. He didn't play for the Raiders. They need somebody.
Speaker 1: That's a funny comment, Michael. So when a shirts off competition, you liked your chances?
Speaker 2: Wow, that's old old, Okay, mailbag on the waist there.
Speaker 1: Well, things we'll talk about later.
Speaker 2: Reiner's son is in custody. In custody, so that's new news. And also breaking, the FBI foiled the big New Year's Eve terror plot that would have targeted LA. Four have been arrested. Be interested to see.
Speaker 1: Who those were and what their goals were, So we'll get to that later. Yeah. Indeed.
Speaker 2: Uh, here's your freedom loving quote of the day, which I've misplaced in a completely different context. Ryan sent along some quotes from his favorite True West magazine. These are old vocaro sayings, old cowboy sayings. You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future. No doubt men will travel the world to right wrongs and punish evildoers instead of going to therapy.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: The first to apologize is the bravest. The first to forgive is the strongest. The first to forget is the happiest. Now that is good. Bring that up again later. We got to discussion when that's one of the best things I've ever heard.
Speaker 1: Beautiful.
Speaker 2: I gotta memorize that. Oh please, that's one of the I got chills.
Speaker 1: Mail bag.
Speaker 2: Drop his note mail bag Armstrong in getty dot com is the email address. Let's see Marina from San Diego, thanks this for our kind words. I can't remember what they were, but you're welcome. She disagrees, though, on my lawn dart comment, which was we're a better country when you could hurl lawn darts in your backyard for fun, she says. Let's say you're at a picnick and some bozos nearby don't know how to throw a lawn dart, or naive teens decided this looks fun. That's just you gotta keep your head on a swivel.
Speaker 1: That's it being prepared.
Speaker 2: As the boy Scouts might put it, the world is a dangerous place, and when you're a kid, if you got weighted spikes flying around in the.
Speaker 1: Backyard, it keeps you on your toes.
Speaker 2: I was around so much drunken law darting in my life, and nobody ever got hurt.
Speaker 1: Not like that.
Speaker 2: Every time you broke out the lawn darts, somebody went to the hospital.
Speaker 1: Somebody got a puncture wound.
Speaker 2: Right moving along Burbank, Luke cried, Joe, I wish I'd known about your enthusiasm for beavers years ago, would have invited you to skate in the Beaver Cup. Mit and Caltech hockey players played each other in the early eighties, mainly because both schools' mascots are beavers. It morphed into an annual alumni game with loose rules for ringers, and went till about twenty twenty two.
Speaker 1: There may have been some drinking in party. That's funny. The beaver cup. Oh that's so American. I love that.
Speaker 2: I love that about this country. Let's see JT and livermore. Frequent correspondent Peggy Newton's article from Friday Show seemed to be saying that MTG's breakaway from Trump was a signal event that led the way showing others you can fight Trump and win. Except MTG didn't win. She didn't even make it to the end of her elected term. How can she say with straight face that she's faithful representing her constituents back home when she quits one year into her two year term. I was quitting representing her people. Yeah yeah, I don't think there was enough attention to she did what was best for her as opposed to the people who elected her.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: MTG has shown the path to getting drummed out of the party where I disagree as anybody will follow MTG's lead. You know, I think maybe people were gilding the lily or overegging the pudding. The point is there's much much more disagreement open disagreement with Trump among Republicans on a variety of issues. That prohibition that taboo is gone. Let's see, Paolo. I want to talk about this more later. Wall Street Journal had a big article about the creation of Tillie Norwood, the AI actress. Freaking out Hollywood. This company, this producer went to a tremendous amount of time and effort and expense to work with AI chat GPT specifically over and over over again to produce the perfect female movie star, which now they're going to use in AI generated movies. And I may have changed my mind at least a little bit on AI and creativity. I hate that AI can make songs.
Speaker 1: I want to talk about that then.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or art, but just a very short version. Is the idea of making a film, a motion picture of a movie, if you will, is so overwhelming. That is such a huge endeavor that a lot of people have script ideas or scripts, but they just they can't get the ginormous enterprise that is a film up and off the ground. And reading is dead. I was going to talk about that a little bit later. The only way you're going to be able to reach anybody with a story is going to be some sort of movie film something.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And how much time do we have Michael, Yeah, No, time to cram this in. It's a little more philosophize. We'll do that later. We're gonna kick off hour two explaining to you why you should donate money to the Boy Scouts, or Scouting USA as it is called. Now, we're gonna try to raise money this week. So far, we've raised twelve dollars. I mean, we haven't officially kicked it off yet, but we're at twelve dollars, which is not a good start. You can go to Armstrong and Getty dot com and click on the donate button and get to that right away. We're gonna explain to that, including me explaining what I've seen with my son and his friends, what it's done for them. What a great organization if you care about boys and girls because girls can do it too, and leadership qualities and morals and values and all that sort of stuff. Hardly anything better out there than Scouting USA. So we'll talk about it in an hour two. If you're missing get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand.
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Getty